Palestra Trials 5116/Day 1

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

Tour

[Faendryl Embassy, Rotunda]
Capped with a rounded dome of stained glass, the smooth walls of crimson-veined alabaster are fitted seamlessly into place.  An intricate frieze adorns the rotunda between velvet-draped arches, each leading deeper into the consulate.  The floor is inlaid with concentric rings of heliodor surrounded by an eight-pointed star of despanal.  Hanging on the wall just to the side of the entrance is an an ebon plaque, its dark frame embellished with muted golden gilt.  You also see a tethered hairy black tarantula.
Also here: Genivie, Ambassador Tredohal
Obvious exits: out

You nod to Tredohal in greeting.

Speaking in Faendryl to Tredohal, you say, "Good evening."

Raegn just arrived.

Speaking in Faendryl, Tredohal says, "Good evening."

Genivie smiles at Tredohal.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie asks, "Can you tell me where the trial might be?"

Speaking in Faendryl, Tredohal says, "Please pass through the portal if you wish to enter New Ta'Faendryl."

Speaking in Faendryl to Tredohal, Raegn greets, "Salutations."

Genivie just went through a curtained arch leading south.

Speaking in Faendryl, Tredohal says, "Follow me."

Ambassador Tredohal just went through a curtained arch leading south.

[Faendryl Embassy, Assemblage]
Covered with a rich, cinereal wool carpet, the marbled alabaster floor melds smoothly with the walls, veins of crimson contrasting with their immaculate surface.  A large ebon marble fireplace dominates the room, a basket of sticks resting at its base.  A number of small meeting tables are set along the perimeter, and a dark sideboard has been placed to the side, its surface covered with various bowls and platters.  You also see a glowing pale blue column.
Also here: Ambassador Tredohal, Genivie
Obvious exits: north

Raegn just arrived.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Hmm."

Tredohal glances at a glowing pale blue column.

As Genivie steps inside the glowing column, her body is enveloped by a shimmering pale blue light.  As the muted color fades, you find Genivie is no longer there.

As Raegn steps inside the glowing column, his body is enveloped by a shimmering pale blue light.  As the muted color fades, you find Raegn is no longer there.

As you step inside the glowing column, your body is enveloped by a shimmering pale blue light.  As the muted color fades, you find yourself someplace else.
[Academy Nexus, Column Chamber]
Apparently a central hub, several passages lead away from this circular room.  A pale screen of light spans each of the chamber's exits bar one.  Devoid of any other adornment, the smooth alabaster stone walls seem to shimmer and move as the light from a column of energy twists and turns on itself.
Also here: Raegn, Genivie, High Lady Maetriks, Lord Eskrak, Blade Schalyne, Matriarch Berkana, Edanthiel, Lady Lylia, Cyphier, Yenko, Lady Aeavenne, Lewlong, Durakar, Kronius, Malikaen, Iraon, Darklyght, Aurach, Divyne, Lady Noira, Arku, Aetammel
Obvious exits: north
Lylia smiles at you.

A small boy in a white tunic walks quickly through the chamber.  He pauses to study a wrinkled parchment before rushing on his way.

You smile at Lylia.

Maetriks drops smoothly into a deep curtsy before you, sweeping her arms grandly to her sides.

You nod to Maetriks in greeting.

Speaking in Faendryl to Maetriks, you say, "Apologies for missing lessons last night."

Speaking in Faendryl to you, Maetriks admits, "You were not the only one."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "I am sure the ambassador has told you what to expect, but I am here to educate you further."

Noira inclines her head.

Darklyght turns an inquisitive ear toward Schalyne.

Arku turns an inquisitive ear toward Schalyne.

Berkana raises an eyebrow.

Cyphier takes a moment to observe Schalyne.

Aeavenne turns an inquisitive ear toward Schalyne.

Durakar nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "As most of you know, this situation is... unusual."

Noira nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "We train from the time we are small.  At this pointing in our training, we are known by our Masters."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "They know our strengths and weaknesses."

Engaged in a lively discussion, a pair of Palestra stride by.  The words, "demon" and "cowering" can be heard as they laugh together.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "And yes, you will feel fear before we are done."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "If you are to face it, you must know it."

Durakar nods in agreement.

Arku nods slowly.

Noira glances at Aeavenne and clasps her hands in a reverent gesture.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "I have chosen candidates that I feel have had private instruction enough to be ready for these trials."

Noira gives a sidelong glance at Iraon.

The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves Maetriks.
Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "They have the heart and mind that it takes to be Palestra."

Iraon glances at Noira.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "We have fine warriors that never rise to be in our ranks."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "And there is no shame."

Lylia nods slightly.

Divyne nods in agreement.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "That have their place and are regarded with honor."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "As we have our place."

Various members of the academies move quickly as they go about their business.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Please feel free to join me, we are going to take a brief tour of the areas I can show to you."

[Everyone joins.]

Cyphier leans leisurely on his black ash cane, a thoughtful expression upon his face.

Genivie folds her hands behind her back.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Many areas are reserved for those of the order."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "We have opened up a few to all."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "This is the entrance to the nexus."

Aeavenne gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

Aurach steeples his fingers together, quietly observing his surroundings.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "All academies have access to this place."

Genivie casually observes her surroundings.

[Academy Nexus, Column Chamber]
Apparently a central hub, several passages lead away from this circular room.  A pale screen of light spans each of the chamber's exits bar one.  Devoid of any other adornment, the smooth alabaster stone walls seem to shimmer and move as the light from a column of energy twists and turns on itself.
Also here: Raegn, Genivie, High Lady Maetriks, Lord Eskrak, Blade Schalyne, Matriarch Berkana, Edanthiel, Lady Lylia, Cyphier, Yenko, Lady Aeavenne, Lewlong, Durakar, Kronius, Malikaen, Iraon, Darklyght, Aurach, Divyne, Lady Noira, Arku, Aetammel
Obvious exits: north

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "The masters meet here regularly."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "And all trials take place in this building."

Genivie settles her gaze on Schalyne, watching her intently.

Yenko nods slowly.

Blade Schalyne's group just went north.
[Academy Nexus, Antechamber]
Grand tapestries cover the walls of the chamber.  Their bright colors of the fabric create a sharp contrast to the pale stone.  A pair of cushioned benches flank some double mistwood doors whose silver hue is accented by wrought iron fixtures.
Also here: Raegn, Genivie, High Lady Maetriks, Matriarch Berkana, Edanthiel, Lady Lylia, Cyphier, Yenko, Lady Aeavenne, Lewlong, Durakar, Kronius, Malikaen, Iraon, Darklyght, Aurach, Divyne, Lady Noira, Arku, Aetammel, Blade Schalyne
Obvious exits: northeast, south

Raegn casually observes his surroundings.

Speaking in Faendryl, you say, "Like the Heart of the Art."

Lylia nods.

Schalyne nods.

Lord Eskrak just arrived.

Mourne just arrived.

An ancient Faendryl, dressed in elaborate robes, moves through.  His adornment indicating that he is a magistrate of the Basilica.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "While we have major and minor academies they all work together and do meet to discuss matters important to the order."

Yenko turns an inquisitive ear toward Schalyne.

Blade Schalyne's group just went northeast.
[Academy Nexus, Hallway]
Beautiful alabaster stone is fitted together almost perfectly with barely a seam showing.  Passageways break off leading in other directions.  A glowing portal hovers above the floor, a bright sandy area can be seen on the other side.  Several iron sconces are set into the walls and fitted with golden-hued candles.  A wide variety of weapons hang on either side of the corridor with several shields interspersed between them.
Also here: Raegn, Genivie, High Lady Maetriks, Matriarch Berkana, Edanthiel, Lady Lylia, Cyphier, Yenko, Lady Aeavenne, Lewlong, Durakar, Kronius, Malikaen, Iraon, Darklyght, Aurach, Divyne, Lady Noira, Arku, Aetammel, Lord Eskrak, Mourne, Blade Schalyne
Obvious exits: northeast, east, southwest

Raegn casually observes his surroundings.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "The portal leads to the arena."

Blade Schalyne's group just went east.

[Academy Nexus, Viewing Box]
Rows of cushioned seats fill viewing boxes that are arranged all around a large arena.  Beautifully embroidered canopies are pulled back allowing the moonlight to bath the area in a pale glow.  A shimmering wall of magical energy protects each booth while still giving a clear view of the trial space.
Also here: Raegn, Genivie, High Lady Maetriks, Matriarch Berkana, Edanthiel, Lady Lylia, Cyphier, Yenko, Lady Aeavenne, Lewlong, Durakar, Kronius, Malikaen, Iraon, Darklyght, Aurach, Divyne, Lady Noira, Arku, Aetammel, Lord Eskrak, Mourne, Blade Schalyne
Obvious paths: west

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "This is where you will view any activities that require physical harm."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "The wall will protect you."

Speaking in Faendryl to a shimmering wall, Cyphier says, "Good idea..."

Noira chuckles.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "If you peer at the wall you should be able to see through it."

Gazing into the wall, you see...

[Academy Nexus, Palestra Arena]
Built in an outside area of the academy, the arena is surrounded by a wall of clear energy that rises into the air, joining at a central focal point and creating a shimmering dome.  Several passageways can be seen behind the magical barrier.  The ground of the area is covered in multi-hued cobblestones.  There are no adornments or obstacles that can be seen except random areas that are blackened or discolored.
Obvious paths: out

Aeavenne beams happily at Schalyne!

Lylia leans forward.

Darklyght agrees with Schalyne.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia murmurs, "I see."

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Lylia, Yenko asks, "Can I sit with you during the trials?"

Lylia nods.

Maetriks glances at Yenko.

Yenko fidgets.

Aeavenne smiles at Raegn.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "When our candidates show their skills, they will do so in there."

Aeavenne smiles.

Blade Schalyne's group just went west.
[Academy Nexus, Hallway]
Beautiful alabaster stone is fitted together almost perfectly with barely a seam showing.  Passageways break off leading in other directions.  A glowing portal hovers above the floor, a bright sandy area can be seen on the other side.  Several iron sconces are set into the walls and fitted with golden-hued candles.  A wide variety of weapons hang on either side of the corridor with several shields interspersed between them.
Also here: Raegn, Genivie, High Lady Maetriks, Matriarch Berkana, Edanthiel, Lady Lylia, Cyphier, Yenko, Lady Aeavenne, Lewlong, Durakar, Kronius, Malikaen, Iraon, Darklyght, Aurach, Divyne, Lady Noira, Arku, Aetammel, Lord Eskrak, Mourne, Blade Schalyne
Obvious exits: northeast, east, southwest

The visions within your mind fade away.

Blade Schalyne's group just went northeast.
[Academy Nexus, Training Hall]
Weapons are displayed on racks and stands that line the wall of the training hall.  One corner has several dummies that stand at attention.  Another area is set up with various targets with arrows protruding out of their surfaces at odd angles.  Away from the center of the chamber are partitioned spaces that house several sparring rings.
Also here: Raegn, Genivie, High Lady Maetriks, Matriarch Berkana, Edanthiel, Lady Lylia, Cyphier, Yenko, Lady Aeavenne, Lewlong, Durakar, Kronius, Malikaen, Iraon, Darklyght, Aurach, Divyne, Lady Noira, Arku, Aetammel, Lord Eskrak, Mourne, Blade Schalyne
Obvious exits: southwest

Yenko rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "This is but one training hall."

(Cyphier experimentally pokes a dummy with his black ash cane.)

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "We will go meet the master of the academy that is sponsoring you."

Blade Schalyne's group just went southwest.
[Academy Nexus, Hallway]
Beautiful alabaster stone is fitted together almost perfectly with barely a seam showing.  Passageways break off leading in other directions.  A glowing portal hovers above the floor, a bright sandy area can be seen on the other side.  Several iron sconces are set into the walls and fitted with golden-hued candles.  A wide variety of weapons hang on either side of the corridor with several shields interspersed between them.
Also here: Raegn, Genivie, High Lady Maetriks, Matriarch Berkana, Edanthiel, Lady Lylia, Cyphier, Yenko, Lady Aeavenne, Lewlong, Durakar, Kronius, Malikaen, Iraon, Darklyght, Aurach, Divyne, Lady Noira, Arku, Aetammel, Lord Eskrak, Mourne, Blade Schalyne
Obvious exits: northeast, east, southwest

Blade Schalyne's group just went southwest.
[Academy Nexus, Antechamber]
Grand tapestries cover the walls of the chamber.  Their bright colors of the fabric create a sharp contrast to the pale stone.  A pair of cushioned benches flank some double mistwood doors whose silver hue is accented by wrought iron fixtures.
Also here: Raegn, Genivie, High Lady Maetriks, Matriarch Berkana, Edanthiel, Lady Lylia, Cyphier, Yenko, Lady Aeavenne, Lewlong, Durakar, Kronius, Malikaen, Iraon, Darklyght, Aurach, Divyne, Lady Noira, Arku, Aetammel, Lord Eskrak, Mourne, Blade Schalyne
Obvious exits: northeast, south

An ancient Faendryl, dressed in elaborate robes, moves through.  His adornment indicating that he is a magistrate of the Basilica.

Berkana raises an eyebrow in Lylia's direction.

Noira glances at some double mistwood doors.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Through the doors is the meeting hall of the masters."

Blade Schalyne's group just went through some double mistwood doors.
[Academy Nexus, Council Room]
Large and capacious, the council room has a triangular shape.  Seven wedge-like areas are partitioned from each other by carved banisters and are filled with a variety of chairs and tables.  Each section tapers in size to a platform that holds a large marble podium.  Tapestries hang along the back wall of the chamber, positioned above one of the smaller spaces.  You also see a pair of mistwood doors.
Also here: Raegn, Genivie, High Lady Maetriks, Matriarch Berkana, Edanthiel, Lady Lylia, Cyphier, Yenko, Lady Aeavenne, Lewlong, Durakar, Kronius, Malikaen, Iraon, Darklyght, Aurach, Divyne, Lady Noira, Arku, Aetammel, Lord Eskrak, Mourne, Blade Schalyne, Master Jahosk
Obvious exits: none

Yenko gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

Schalyne bows to Jahosk.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Master."

You see Master Jahosk Faendryl the Palestra.
He appears to be a Dark Elf.
He is average height and appears to be aged.  He has piercing sea green eyes and dark skin.  He has cropped, loose steel grey hair shaved at the temples.  He has an angular face, a thin nose and long pointed ears.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a lor triskele inset with three ebon-veined despanals, some crimson mithril chain hauberk layered with ebon leather, a pair of dark leather pants, and some knee-high leather boots.

Aurach bows.

Noira curtsies to Jahosk.

Lylia places a hand over her heart.

Lylia bows to Jahosk.

Edanthiel curtsies to Jahosk.

Malikaen bows to Jahosk.

Raegn nods in greeting at Jahosk.

Cyphier bows to Jahosk.

Arku bows to Jahosk.

Darklyght bows to Jahosk.

Divyne curtsies to Jahosk.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "Blade."

Berkana nods in greeting at Jahosk.

Maetriks bows her head slightly toward Jahosk as she drops into a deep respectful curtsy before him.

Jahosk nods.

Mourne nods politely.

Berkana appears to be trying hard not to grin.

Berkana clears her throat.

You nod respectfully at Jahosk.

Lewlong nods at Divyne.

Durakar bows deeply at the waist, honoring Jahosk.

Berkana just nudged Lylia.

Jahosk turns to those assembled and bows.

Yenko bows to Jahosk.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Master, these are those from outside the city."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "And the candidates I have recommended for your sponsorship."

Noira inclines her head.

Lylia gazes admiringly at Noira.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "I have been expecting you."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "This is Master Jahosk Faendryl, Palestra Master of Academy Mahkra."

Jahosk nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "Thank you for the introduction."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "Academy Mahkra."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "They call our academy one of the lowest rank, but we differ in thought."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "We are named for the beloved sister of Thanris Akeleyn Faendryl, Patriarch XVI."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "They say she was mad."

Yenko leans forward.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "We say she was brilliant."

Divyne grins.

Noira looks thoughtfully at Jahosk.

Lylia smiles quietly to herself.

Arku nods slowly.

Mourne raises an eyebrow.

Deep in thought, Darklyght laces his fingers before him.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "To pierce the veil and live without training in such..."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "She was strong."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "Mad is a relevent term."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "One must be a bit mad to dabble with demons after all."

Jahosk shrugs.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "Or just brilliant."

Jahosk winks.

Berkana winks at Lylia.

Genivie nods slightly.

Lewlong chuckles.

Yenko turns an inquisitive ear toward Jahosk.

Yenko nods in agreement.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "Elizhabet Mahkra Faendryl is our patron."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "And brilliant or mad we strive to train Palestra worthy of her sacrifices."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "We train those who are thought to be untrainable."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "We find brilliant warriors where others discard."

Cyphier grins.

Maetriks examines her fingernails.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "And so we shall find the brilliance in you."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk asks, "Who are these candidates?"

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "Step forward."

Noira strides over to stand before Jahosk.

Arku strides over to stand before Jahosk.

Aurach strides over to stand before Jahosk.

Noira bows her head slightly toward Jahosk as she drops into a deep respectful curtsy before him.

Aurach inclines his head.

Durakar strides over to stand before Jahosk.

Yenko surveys his surroundings carefully.

Maetriks gazes admiringly at Durakar.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "Yes."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "You four."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "I have read testimony from our brethren abroad."

Noira folds her hands behind her back.

Berkana smiles at Aurach.

Durakar nods his head in a rhythmic pattern.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "I have spoken with the Blade about each of you."

Noira glances at Schalyne.

Schalyne nods at Jahosk.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "She feels you all have the potential to fill a void in our network."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "We have sorcerors piercing the veil with no protection."

Maetriks grins slowly.

Noira casually glances around the room.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "Not only to themselves but to all."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk asks, "'do you four believe you can protect our people?"

Noira nods once.

Durakar nods.

Arku nods at Jahosk.

Aurach nods at Jahosk.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "Protect us from accidents, that do happen, more often than most know."

Jahosk nods.

As Durakar rubs his polished alum band he gets a faraway look in his eyes, as if remembering the past.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "Your skill with weapon is a valuable tool."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "Your calm mind dedication to our House will see you through."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "Before we take you to meet our trainer, I will say."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "Sometimes losing is winning and defeat is not always the end."

Noira reverently touches the surface of her band.

Jahosk nods slowly.

Schalyne nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Those of you who wish to watch."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Should make your way to the viewing boxes."

Darklyght nods understandingly at Schalyne.

Divyne nods once.

Lewlong nods.

Yenko nods.

Edanthiel nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "I will take the candidates to our training master and discuss this first phase."

Speaking in Faendryl, Edanthiel says, "Thank you."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "Thank you Master."

[Spectators move to the Viewing Box.]

[Academy Nexus, Viewing Box]
Rows of cushioned seats fill viewing boxes that are arranged all around a large arena.  Beautifully embroidered canopies are pulled back allowing the moonlight to bath the area in a pale glow.  A shimmering wall of magical energy protects each booth while still giving a clear view of the trial space.
Also here: Yenko, Lady Lylia, High Lady Maetriks, Cyphier, Mourne, Lord Eskrak who is sitting, Darklyght, Edanthiel, Divyne, Genivie who is sitting
Obvious paths: west
Lewlong just arrived.

Lylia walks over to the seat and settles down.

Divyne reaches out and holds Lewlong's hand.

Edanthiel walks over to the seat and settles down.

>watch wal
Gazing into the wall, you see...

[Academy Nexus, Palestra Arena]
Built in an outside area of the academy, the arena is surrounded by a wall of clear energy that rises into the air, joining at a central focal point and creating a shimmering dome.  Several passageways can be seen behind the magical barrier.  The ground of the area is covered in multi-hued cobblestones.  There are no adornments or obstacles that can be seen except random areas that are blackened or discolored.
Obvious paths: out

Divyne smiles at Lewlong.

You settle yourself on the cushioned seat for a moment's rest.

Darklyght just arrived.

Cyphier raises his black ash cane and boldly prods a shimmering wall.

(Lylia lets her wrap slip from her shoulders.)

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "So good to be out of the chill."

Speaking in Faendryl, Yenko asks, "Do they enter the arena together or one at a time?"

Yenko agrees with Lylia.

Darklyght takes a drink from his robust red wine.

Speaking in Faendryl, Maetriks disappointedly says, "I should have brought wine."

Malikaen walks over to the seat and settles down.

Darklyght winks at Maetriks.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "Your guess is as good as mine. This is my first time witnessing such a trial. Rather surprising, really, to see it happen -- but wise, I think."

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana asks, "No refreshments?"

Darklyght removes a thick black cigar from in his mistwood case.

Darklyght lights a match by flicking it against his thumb.

Lylia smiles at Berkana.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "I would offer you some wine, but...well. I seem to have brought the wrong stock."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "I do have champagne to toast the victors. Still in the bottle; I am sure it is excellent."

Mourne looks lost in thought.

Speaking in Faendryl to herself, Lylia murmurs, "And not sweetened with arsenic."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "I expect the displays of weapon prowess will be something to see. For right now, though, I am enjoying some private speculation about what left that blackened patch there. Or that melted stone there."

Maetriks snickers.

Edanthiel grins at Lylia.

Speaking in Faendryl, Maetriks says, "Vathor there, oculoth was the other."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "The claw marks look like something rather smaller than a vathor."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "But certainly just as irascible."

[About 10-15 min of unrelated conversation.]

Gazing into the wall, you see...

Aurach

[Academy Nexus, Palestra Arena]
Built in an outside area of the academy, the arena is surrounded by a wall of clear energy that rises into the air, joining at a central focal point and creating a shimmering dome.  Several passageways can be seen behind the magical barrier.  The ground of the area is covered in multi-hued cobblestones.  There are no adornments or obstacles that can be seen except random areas that are blackened or discolored.
Obvious paths: out

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures.
The magic fizzles ineffectually.

Aurach smirks.

Aurach inclines his head.

Blade Schalyne just arrived.

Blade Schalyne just went out.

Aurach twists his head slightly, cracking his neck.  He looks relieved.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Aurach is first."

(Aurach turns slowly taking in the arena.)
A dark matted canine pounces to the ground in front of you!

Genivie grins.

Aurach glances at a dark matted canine.
Aurach swings an ancient elven waraxe at a dark matted canine!
  AS: +644 vs DS: +219 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +85 = +541
   ... and hits for 172 points of damage!
   Brain driven into neck by mammoth downswing!
The matted canine crumples to the ground and dies.
 ** Necrotic energy from Aurach's elven waraxe flares up momentarily! **

   Aurach appears to gain succour from the unnatural energy!

Cyphier leans forward.

Genivie applauds politely.

A dark matted canine decays into a compost of fangs, fur and claws.

Genivie nods.

Lylia nods with satisfaction.

A mangy mangy wild hound bounds in howling at the top of her voice.

Speaking in Faendryl, Aurach softly says, "Indeed."

Aurach swings an ancient elven waraxe at a mangy mangy wild hound!
  AS: +644 vs DS: +150 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +65 = +588
   ... and hits for 176 points of damage!
   Gruesome slash opens the mangy wild hound's forehead!
   Grey matter spills forth!
The mangy wild hound falls to the ground and dies.

Kronius gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

Genivie applauds.

Aurach searches a mangy mangy wild hound.

A mangy mangy wild hound decays into a pile of matted fur.
Divyne applauds.

You applaud.

Speaking in Faendryl, Kronius says, "Rather mangy looking."

Kronius coughs.

Genivie nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Indeed."

Speaking in Faendryl, Cyphier says, "Not much of a challenge."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "Pitiable beast."

Cyphier steeples his fingers in his lap, quietly observing his surroundings.

Genivie agrees with Cyphier.

Chamalice mumbles something under her breath.

A gnarled orc treads in, ready for combat!

Aurach nods slowly.
A thin stream of blue-grey smoke streams from the cigar in Darklyght's hand, drifting upward in a loose coil.
Aurach swings an ancient elven waraxe at a gnarled orc!
  AS: +644 vs DS: +256 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +60 = +478
   ... and hits for 194 points of damage!
   Tremendous blow crushes skull like a ripe melon.
The gnarled orc falls to the ground and dies.
Aurach searches a gnarled orc.
A gnarled orc decays into compost.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "I hope we see a challenge for him soon."

Lylia nods at Genivie.

Speaking in Faendryl, you say, "A little more showmanship might impress the masters."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "I have seen nothing he could not dispatch after a full meal and just having awakened from a long nap."

Lylia nods to you.

Darklyght put a thick black cigar in his coal black ankle-boots.

Genivie grins at Lylia.

Darklyght dusts off his hands.

A gnarled orc treads in, ready for combat!

A gnarled orc swings a closed fist at Aurach!
Aurach barely dodges the attack!

Speaking in Faendryl, Edanthiel says, "His efficiency seems admirable."

In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, a gnarled orc engages Aurach in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
A gnarled orc swings a closed fist at Aurach!
  AS: +429 vs DS: +656 with AvD: -3 + d100 roll: +10 = -220
   A clean miss.
A gnarled orc swings a closed fist at Aurach!
  AS: +429 vs DS: +656 with AvD: -3 + d100 roll: +50 = -180
   A clean miss.
A gnarled orc swings a closed fist at Aurach!
Aurach evades the attack by inches!
A gnarled orc swings a closed fist at Aurach!
  AS: +429 vs DS: +656 with AvD: -3 + d100 roll: +42 = -188
   A clean miss.
A gnarled orc swings a closed fist at Aurach!
  AS: +429 vs DS: +656 with AvD: -3 + d100 roll: +90 = -140
   A clean miss.

Aurach darts behind a gnarled orc and tries to hamstring her with his elven waraxe and kelyn hatchet!
[Roll result: 189 (open d100: 82)]
With a vicious double-strike Aurach slashes at the gnarled orc's right hamstring!
   ... 27 points of damage!
The gnarled orc falls to the ground grasping its mangled right leg in agony!
 ** Necrotic energy from Aurach's kelyn hatchet flares up momentarily! **

   Aurach appears to gain succour from the unnatural energy!

Lylia smiles quietly to herself.

All of a sudden, a gnarled orc rolls hard to her side, and then leaps to her feet!

Aurach swings an ancient elven waraxe at a gnarled orc!
  AS: +669 vs DS: +223 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +16 = +492
   ... and hits for 215 points of damage!
   Gruesome, slashing blow to the side of the gnarled orc's head!
   Skull split open!  Brain (and life) vanishes in a fine mist.
The gnarled orc falls to the ground and dies.

Darklyght grins.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Hmm."

Mourne nods briefly.

Genivie chuckles.

Aurach searches a gnarled orc.
A gnarled orc decays into compost.

Genivie applauds.

Speaking in Faendryl, Darklyght softly says, "Not the finest crop, but it will do."

Lylia chuckles.

Malikaen applauds.

Speaking in Faendryl, you say, "Mayhaps we should teach the masters about Duskruin."

Genivie nods to you.

Maetriks snickers.

Lylia chuckles.

Aurach nods slowly.

Chamalice inclines her ear, but doesn't hear anything unusual.

A gnarled orc treads in, ready for combat!
A gnarled orc swings a closed fist at Aurach!
Aurach skillfully dodges the attack!

Aurach leans to his left slightly.

A gnarled orc glares at Aurach and lets out a nerve-shattering bellow!
Aurach is startled enough to lose initiative!

A gnarled orc gets a wild-eyed look on her face!
A gnarled orc swings a closed fist at Aurach!
Aurach moves at the last moment to evade the attack!

You give your eyebrow a little workout.

A gnarled orc gets a wild-eyed look on her face!
A gnarled orc swings a closed fist at Aurach!
Aurach moves at the last moment to evade the attack!
The thorny barrier surrounding Aurach blocks the attack from the gnarled orc!

One of the vines surrounding Aurach lashes out at the gnarled orc, scraping a thorn across her body!  The gnarled orc flinches slightly.
Aurach leans to his right slightly.
The light blue glow leaves Eskrak.
A gnarled orc gets a wild-eyed look on her face!
A gnarled orc swings a closed fist at Aurach!
  AS: +449 vs DS: +866 with AvD: -3 + d100 roll: +79 = -341
   A clean miss.

Aurach swings an ancient elven waraxe at a gnarled orc!
  AS: +644 vs DS: +276 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +11 = +409
   ... and hits for 165 points of damage!
   Tremendous blow crushes skull like a ripe melon.
The gnarled orc falls to the ground and dies.

Aurach searches a gnarled orc.
Aurach gathers the remaining coins.
A gnarled orc decays into compost.

Genivie nods slowly.

Aurach put a matte black kelyn hatchet with shadowy swarms of insects etched into the blade in his grey woolen greatcloak.

Mourne turns her head slightly to the side and stares off into the distance, effectively ignoring her surroundings.

Aurach slips a hand underneath his mesh surcoat, retrieving an old scarlet cloth embroidered twin budding lor trees within a fallen grey tower.

Aurach slowly and carefully wipes away the dirt and grime of battle from his elven waraxe with his scarlet cloth.

Aurach slips an old scarlet cloth embroidered twin budding lor trees within a fallen grey tower underneath his mesh surcoat.

Aurach removes a matte black kelyn hatchet with shadowy swarms of insects etched into the blade from in his grey woolen greatcloak.

Genivie grins.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia appreciatively says, "Care for his weapons. That should please them."

You nod approvingly.

Edanthiel agrees with Lylia.

Darklyght nods slightly.

Aurach scans his surroundings with the alertness of a seasoned scout.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Could release his opponents a bit faster..."

Genivie leans forward.

Lylia nods in agreement.

Genivie casually observes her surroundings.

A towering orc fighter treads in, ready for combat!

Speaking in Faendryl, Yenko says, "Maybe he is saving his energy."

A towering orc fighter swings a closed fist at Aurach!
  AS: +441 vs DS: +1006 with AvD: -3 + d100 roll: +100 = -468
   A clean miss.

Yenko leans forward.

Aurach leans to his left slightly.
Aurach swings an ancient elven waraxe at a towering orc fighter!
  AS: +644 vs DS: +269 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +10 = +415
   ... and hits for 182 points of damage!
   Incredible blast shatters head into a red spray.
The orc fighter falls to the ground and dies.
 ** Necrotic energy from Aurach's elven waraxe flares up momentarily! **

   Aurach appears to gain succour from the unnatural energy!

Aurach searches a towering orc fighter.
A towering orc fighter decays into compost.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "For that, he would have to expend more of it."

Lylia chuckles.

Aurach stares at his Faendryl signet ring.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Aye, not much energy being spent yet."

A towering orc fighter treads in, ready for combat!

Aurach's eyes suddenly flash with a verdant glow.
[Roll result: 86 (open d100: 33)]
A towering orc fighter rushes towards Aurach and connects with a shoulder check!
Aurach stands firm and manages to maintain his balance.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "Ah. Perhaps we spoke too soon."

Aurach darts behind a towering orc fighter and tries to hamstring him with his elven waraxe and kelyn hatchet!
[Roll result: 145 (open d100: 42)]
With a vicious double-strike Aurach slashes at the orc fighter's right hamstring!
   ... 22 points of damage!
[Roll result: 4 (open d100: -59)]

A towering orc fighter rushes towards Aurach and connects with a shoulder check!
Aurach stands firm and manages to maintain his balance.

Aurach swings an ancient elven waraxe at a towering orc fighter!
  AS: +644 vs DS: +248 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +64 = +490
   ... and hits for 204 points of damage!
   Horrible slash to the orc fighter's head!  Brain matter goes flying!
   Looks like he never felt a thing.
The orc fighter falls to the ground and dies.

Aurach searches a towering orc fighter.
A towering orc fighter decays into compost.

A shrill screech pierces the air as a scarred battle griffin dives from above!
Aurach maintains his resolve, ignoring the terrible screech!

Speaking in Faendryl, you comment, "Showing a variety of skills is good."

Aurach nods slowly.

A scarred battle griffin swoops down from high overhead!
A scarred battle griffin tries to spear Aurach with its beak!
  AS: +443 vs DS: +1006 with AvD: +27 + d100 roll: +62 = -474
   A clean miss.

Genivie adopts an agreeable expression.

Aurach swings an ancient elven waraxe at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +644 vs DS: +343 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +47 = +380
   ... and hits for 116 points of damage!
   Horrible slash to the battle griffin's head!  Brain matter goes flying!
   Looks like it never felt a thing.
The battle griffin crashes to the ground, motionless.
 ** Necrotic energy from Aurach's elven waraxe flares up momentarily! **

   Aurach appears to gain succour from the unnatural energy!

Lylia nods.

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures.
The magic fizzles ineffectually.

Speaking in Faendryl, you say, "Not just swinging for a one shot death."

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...

Aurach gestures.
The magic fizzles ineffectually.

Aurach searches a scarred battle griffin.
The battle griffin decays into a pile of feathers and fur.

Speaking in Faendryl, you say, "The magical barrier is odd."

A shrill screech pierces the air as a scarred battle griffin dives from above!
Aurach hesitates, his eyes wide with fear!
A shrill screech pierces the air as a scarred battle griffin dives from above!
Aurach maintains his resolve, ignoring the terrible screech!

A scarred battle griffin dives at Aurach, but can't quite manage to sink its claws into him.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "It is."

A scarred battle griffin swoops down from high overhead!
A scarred battle griffin tries to bite Aurach!
With extreme effort, Aurach beats back the attack with his hatchet!

(Aurach adjusts the grip on his waraxe.)

A scarred battle griffin swoops down from high overhead!
A scarred battle griffin rakes at Aurach with a razor-sharp claw!
  AS: +465 vs DS: +656 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +38 = -130
   A clean miss.
The thorny barrier surrounding Aurach blocks the attack from the battle griffin!
Aurach swings an ancient elven waraxe at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +644 vs DS: +336 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +42 = +382
   ... and hits for 111 points of damage!
   Wild upward slash removes the battle griffin's face from its skull!
   Interesting way to die.
The battle griffin crashes to the ground, motionless.

The thorny barrier surrounding Aurach blocks the attack from the battle griffin!
One of the vines surrounding Aurach lashes out at the battle griffin, scraping a thorn across its body!  The battle griffin flinches slightly.
Aurach swings an ancient elven waraxe at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +644 vs DS: +343 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +74 = +407
   ... and hits for 108 points of damage!
   Solid strike caves the battle griffin's skull in, resulting in instant death!
The battle griffin crashes to the ground, motionless.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "I thought I saw him hesitate for a moment."

Aurach searches a scarred battle griffin.
The battle griffin decays into a pile of feathers and fur.
Aurach searches a scarred battle griffin.
The battle griffin decays into a pile of feathers and fur.

Aurach absent-mindedly drops a matte black kelyn hatchet with shadowy swarms of insects etched into the blade into his dusky leather pack.

Aurach picks up an uncut ruby.
Aurach put an uncut ruby in his black silk gem pouch.

Aurach grabs a matte black kelyn hatchet with shadowy swarms of insects etched into the blade from inside his dusky leather pack.

Darklyght flashes a quick grin.

Aurach smiles faintly.

A voice calls out, "Give us a good show on this one!"
A shrill screech pierces the air as a scarred battle griffin dives from above!
Aurach hesitates, his eyes wide with fear!
A shrill screech pierces the air as a scarred battle griffin dives from above!
Aurach hesitates, his eyes wide with fear!
A shrill screech pierces the air as a scarred battle griffin dives from above!
Aurach maintains his resolve, ignoring the terrible screech!
A scarred battle griffin swoops down from high overhead!
The thorny barrier surrounding Aurach blocks the attack from the battle griffin!
A scarred battle griffin swoops down from high overhead!
The thorny barrier surrounding Aurach blocks the attack from the battle griffin!

A scarred battle griffin swoops down from high overhead!
A scarred battle griffin tries to bite Aurach!
  AS: +443 vs DS: +1006 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +95 = -444
   A clean miss.

Aurach smiles faintly.

Lylia leans forward.

A scarred battle griffin tries to bite Aurach!
Aurach skillfully dodges the attack!

Chamalice raises an eyebrow.

A gnarled orc treads in, ready for combat!

The thorny barrier surrounding Aurach blocks the attack from the battle griffin!

A scarred battle griffin tries to bite Aurach!
Aurach moves at the last moment to evade the attack!

A scarred battle griffin tries to bite Aurach!
  AS: +447 vs DS: +1006 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +29 = -506
   A clean miss.

Speaking in Faendryl, Maetriks says, "Oh, he will."

A scarred battle griffin tries to bite Aurach!
Aurach moves at the last moment to evade the attack!

A scarred battle griffin rakes at a gnarled orc with a razor-sharp claw!
The gnarled orc barely dodges the attack!

Aurach looks determined and focused.

In a breathtaking display of ability and combat mastery, Aurach whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!
Aurach swings an ancient elven waraxe at a gnarled orc!
  AS: +644 vs DS: +258 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +22 = +438
   ... and hits for 207 points of damage!
   Slash to the gnarled orc's ribs opens a sucking chest wound!
The gnarled orc falls to the ground and dies.
Aurach swings an ancient elven waraxe at a scarred battle griffin!
The battle griffin evades the attack by a hair!
Aurach swings a matte black kelyn hatchet at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +603 vs DS: +343 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +4 = +296
   ... and hits for 73 points of damage!
   Hard hit shatters weapon arm.
Aurach swings an ancient elven waraxe at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +644 vs DS: +360 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +1 = +317
   ... and hits for 89 points of damage!
   Blow ruptures the stomach!
 ** Necrotic energy from Aurach's elven waraxe flares up momentarily! **

   Aurach appears to gain succour from the unnatural energy!
Aurach swings a matte black kelyn hatchet at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +628 vs DS: +360 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +79 = +379
   ... and hits for 100 points of damage!
   Whoosh!  Several ribs driven into lungs.
Aurach swings an ancient elven waraxe at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +644 vs DS: +343 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +38 = +371
   ... and hits for 118 points of damage!
   Awesome shot collapses a lung!
Aurach swings a matte black kelyn hatchet at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +603 vs DS: +326 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +22 = +331
   ... and hits for 69 points of damage!
   Right hand smashed into a pulpy mass.
The thorny barrier surrounding Aurach blocks the attack from the battle griffin!

Genivie glances down.

The thorny barrier surrounding Aurach blocks the attack from the battle griffin!
A scarred battle griffin tries to spear Aurach with its beak!
  AS: +433 vs DS: +656 with AvD: +27 + d100 roll: +28 = -168
   A clean miss.

A scarred battle griffin dives at Aurach, but can't quite manage to sink its claws into him.

A scarred battle griffin opens its mouth and releases a shrill screech!
Aurach maintains his resolve, ignoring the terrible screech!

Aurach looks determined and focused.
In a breathtaking display of ability and combat mastery, Aurach whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!
Aurach swings an ancient elven waraxe at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +644 vs DS: +343 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +7 = +340
   ... and hits for 100 points of damage!
   Spectacular slash!
   The battle griffin's right arm is neatly amputated!
The battle griffin screeches loudly as it cradles its mangled right front leg!
 ** Necrotic energy from Aurach's elven waraxe flares up momentarily! **

   Aurach appears to gain succour from the unnatural energy!
Aurach swings a matte black kelyn hatchet at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +628 vs DS: +326 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +41 = +375
   ... and hits for 99 points of damage!
   Knocked back several feet by blow to abdomen.
Aurach swings an ancient elven waraxe at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +644 vs DS: +344 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +94 = +426
   ... and hits for 133 points of damage!
   Awesome shot collapses a lung!
Aurach swings a matte black kelyn hatchet at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +603 vs DS: +310 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +93 = +418
   ... and hits for 111 points of damage!
   Crossing slash to chest catches the battle griffin's attention!
The battle griffin crashes to the ground, motionless.
Aurach swings an ancient elven waraxe at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +644 vs DS: +326 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +77 = +427
   ... and hits for 108 points of damage!
   Right leg mangled horribly.
Aurach swings a matte black kelyn hatchet at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +603 vs DS: +265 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +65 = +435
   ... and hits for 120 points of damage!
   Blow ruptures the stomach!
The battle griffin crashes to the ground, motionless.
 ** Necrotic energy from Aurach's kelyn hatchet flares up momentarily! **

   Aurach appears to gain succour from the unnatural energy!

Genivie grins.

A scarred battle griffin tries to bite Aurach!
  AS: +423 vs DS: +656 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +87 = -122
   A clean miss.
Aurach swings an ancient elven waraxe at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +669 vs DS: +311 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +11 = +401
   ... and hits for 106 points of damage!
   Solid strike caves the battle griffin's skull in, resulting in instant death!
The battle griffin crashes to the ground, motionless.

Gazing into the wall, you see...

[Academy Nexus, Palestra Arena]
Built in an outside area of the academy, the arena is surrounded by a wall of clear energy that rises into the air, joining at a central focal point and creating a shimmering dome.  Several passageways can be seen behind the magical barrier.  The ground of the area is covered in multi-hued cobblestones.  There are no adornments or obstacles that can be seen except random areas that are blackened or discolored.  You also see a gnarled orc that appears dead, a scarred battle griffin that appears dead, a scarred battle griffin that appears dead and a scarred battle griffin that appears dead.
Also here: Aurach
Obvious paths: out

Aurach searches a scarred battle griffin.
The battle griffin decays into a pile of feathers and fur.
Aurach searches a gnarled orc.
A gnarled orc decays into compost.
Aurach searches a scarred battle griffin.
The battle griffin decays into a pile of feathers and fur.
Aurach searches a scarred battle griffin.
The battle griffin decays into a pile of feathers and fur.

Aurach absent-mindedly drops a matte black kelyn hatchet with shadowy swarms of insects etched into the blade into his dusky leather pack.
Aurach picks up an uncut ruby.
Aurach put an uncut ruby in his black silk gem pouch.

Aurach grabs a matte black kelyn hatchet with shadowy swarms of insects etched into the blade from inside his dusky leather pack.

Aurach nods slowly.

Genivie applauds encouragingly.

Blade Schalyne just arrived.

Genivie nods.

Aurach inclines his head.

Aurach put a matte black kelyn hatchet with shadowy swarms of insects etched into the blade in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach put an ancient elven waraxe with shadowy black elven runes scrawled upon the blade in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Interesting."

Schalyne nods.

Aurach nods.

Darklyght chuckles.

Aurach turns an inquisitive ear toward Schalyne.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "The Masters have a good idea of your training and skills."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Tomorrow the real battles will begin."

Cyphier grins.

Speaking in Faendryl, Aurach softly says, "Very well."

Edanthiel chuckles.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Come."

Blade Schalyne just went out.

Edanthiel seems to lose some dexterity.

Genivie applauds.

Genivie applauds politely.

Mourne looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs.

Lewlong applauds.

Interlocking her fingers above her head, Genivie stretches slowly, extending her spine in a satisfying stretch.

Yenko nods.

Genivie leans forward and rests her chin in her hand, a thoughtful expression on her face.

Chamalice ponders.

Genivie glances down.

Durakar

Durakar just arrived.

(Durakar walks out towards the center of the arena, his rolaren war mattock.)

Lylia leans forward.

Genivie applauds politely.

Speaking in Faendryl, Maetriks marvels, "How wonderful."

(Durakar walks out towards the center of the arena, his rolaren war mattock resting over his shoulder.)

Genivie smiles.

Durakar tosses back the edges of his wayfarer's cloak and frees himself for action!

Durakar takes a deep breath.
Durakar slowly empties his lungs.

Durakar snaps his rolaren war mattock up, displaying it for all to see.

(Durakar slides his right foot forward as the mattock rises off his shoulder.  Reaching up in a smooth motion his left hand grasps the mattock high enough on the shaft to not obscure his vision.)

Lylia appears to be trying hard not to grin.

(Durakar swings the blunted end of the mattock downwards in a controlled arc, stopping at head level.)

(Durakar pulls back with the mattock into a guarded position where his hands hold the shaft at top and bottom.)

Genivie grins.

Speaking in Faendryl, you say, "Now this is a demonstration."

(Durakar brings the mattock up to block high followed by a rapid turn into a low block.)

Durakar rotates his wrist, tilting his rolaren war mattock from side to side.

Chamalice adopts an agreeable expression.

Durakar thrusts his rolaren war mattock skyward, poised to strike.

(Durakar pulls his mattock in a downwards arc once again, this time with the spike end leading.  He stops the motion with mere inches before the spike hits the ground.)

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "Showmanship. Fascinating to see how different their fighting styles are. Of course, Aurach has always been the still-waters sort."

(Durakar switches grip on the mattock as it slices through the air behind him the blunt end coming in to stop once more approximately where an equal sized opponent's head would be.)

Genivie agrees with Lylia.

(Durakar turns to look over his shoulder just before spinning around as he brings the mattock back to a ready position before him.)

Durakar spins around, sending his wayfarer's cloak flowing in a billowing arc behind him.

Speaking in Faendryl, Chamalice says, "This one appears to have waited a long while for this opportunity."

Deep in thought, Darklyght laces his fingers before him.

Genivie nods at Chamalice.

Durakar kneels down.

(Durakar arcs his mattock out to the side with the blunted end stopping before his kneeling form.)

Durakar stands up.

Durakar swings his rolaren war mattock in front of himself.

Speaking in Faendryl, you say, "He has suffered greatly for this opportunity."

(Durakar steps forward with one leg while the mattock gracefully completes its swing towards the floor, blunted end stopping just shy of hitting.)

(Durakar turns around slowly, eyes scanning the area.)

(Durakar sweeps his mattock out to the side initiating an arc parallel to the ground as he slides forward with his right leg leading.)

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "He has indeed. I remember that meeting with Lord Vathon."

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Certainly hope they get him an opponent soon."

(Durakar completes the manuever by sliding his left leg forward as the parallel arc of the mattock completes through to hit an invisible target before him, the speed of the step adding to the force of his swing.)

Mourne chuckles to herself.

Genivie leans forward and rests her chin in her hand, a thoughtful expression on her face.

Speaking in Faendryl, you say, "The first four opponents have died of fright in their cages."
(Durakar brings his left foot back as he raises the mattock into the air and strikes downward with the spiked end stopping just before him.)

Lylia chuckles.

Genivie smirks.

Lylia nods to you.

Chamalice smiles quietly to herself.

(Durakar comes back into a readied stance.)

Darklyght smirks as a haughty expression flits across his face.

Durakar holds his rolaren war mattock in front of himself and bows his head.

Durakar turns over his rolaren war mattock and plants it into the ground.

Speaking in Faendryl, Maetriks murmurs, "Any would be lucky to have him as their guard."

Holding the edge of his wayfarer's cloak, Durakar bows deeply with a flourish.

Chamalice applauds politely.

You applaud loudly.

Malikaen applauds.

Lylia applauds with enthusiasm, seemingly oblivious to her surroundings.
Genivie applauds warmly.

Durakar just went out.

Genivie raises an eyebrow.

Darklyght blinks.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie asks, "No opponents?"

Speaking amusedly in Faendryl to Maetriks, Aetammel corrects, "Any would be lucky to have him as their dancing partner."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "That may be by the candidates' request."

Lewlong ponders.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Hmm."

Yenko nods in agreement at Lylia.

Raegn steeples his fingers together, quietly observing his surroundings.

Mourne gazes in amusement at Aetammel.

Speaking in Faendryl, you say, "Nothing from Schalyne."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia adds, "And I rather liked his air of command in sweeping out of the arena without waiting for an escort. 'I have shown all I need to show -- good day now!'."

Lylia chuckles.

Speaking in Faendryl, Maetriks says, "Oh, I intend to make him both."

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "Aurach is a wonder to watch."

Berkana smiles quietly to herself.

Chamalice grins at Lylia.

Arku

Arku just arrived.

Speaking slyly in Faendryl to Aetammel, Maetriks says, "I can be very convincing."

With a sudden cross-body motion, Arku draws both the handaxe and the khopesh from his swordbelt.

Lewlong grins.

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "Especially from the prone or behind position."

Berkana leans on Lylia.

Lylia chuckles.

Genivie shakes her head.

Berkana chuckles to herself.

A gnarled orc treads in, ready for combat!

[Roll result: -83 (open d100: -157)]
A gnarled orc rushes towards Arku, only to completely miss him!

Arku stares at a gnarled orc.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "And here is the orc."

A gnarled orc gets a wild-eyed look on her face!
A gnarled orc swings a closed fist at Arku!
Arku moves at the last moment to evade the attack!

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "I cannot say I have noticed."

Lewlong chuckles.

(Arku smoothly assumes Abyran'sa in the Abyss, as he rises onto the balls of his feet, his blades held horizontally above his head.)

A gnarled orc gets a wild-eyed look on her face!
A gnarled orc swings a closed fist at Arku!
  AS: +437 vs DS: +526 with AvD: +4 + d100 roll: +86 = +1
   A clean miss.

Berkana begins chuckling at Lylia!

Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at a gnarled orc!
  AS: +496 vs DS: +271 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +88 = +348
   ... and hits for 137 points of damage!
   Crossing slash to chest catches the gnarled orc's attention!

Arku swings a golvern-edged handaxe at a gnarled orc!
  AS: +507 vs DS: +258 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +66 = +345
   ... and hits for 178 points of damage!
   Masterful slash to the gnarled orc's lower back!
   Spinal cord and life are just memories now.
The gnarled orc falls to the ground and dies.

Lewlong lets out a cheer!
Berkana lets out a cheer!

Arku concentrates deeply for a moment.

Genivie applauds.
Divyne applauds.

Arku searches a gnarled orc.
A gnarled orc decays into compost.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia appreciatively says, "Oh, quite fine."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lewlong says, "That's showmanship."

Lewlong nods.
Lylia applauds.

Darklyght flashes a quick grin.

Lylia nods at Lewlong.

You nod.

A shrill screech pierces the air as a scarred battle griffin dives from above!
Arku hesitates, his eyes wide with fear!

You applaud.

A scarred battle griffin swoops down from high overhead!
A scarred battle griffin tries to bite Arku!
  AS: +437 vs DS: +344 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +95 = +212
   ... and hits for 24 points of damage!
   Strike pierces upper arm!
Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Hmm."
A scarred battle griffin rakes at Arku with a razor-sharp claw!
Arku evades the attack by a hair!
A scarred battle griffin rakes at Arku with a razor-sharp claw!
Arku dodges just in the nick of time!

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Rampt the opponent up quite fast."

(Arku begins a flurry of measured, piercing strikes, culminating in a slashing uppercut accompanied by a shrill cry as he completes the form War Griffin Ride.)

A scarred battle griffin opens its mouth and releases a shrill screech!
Arku hesitates, his eyes wide with fear!

Genivie ponders.

Lewlong adopts an agreeable expression.

A scarred battle griffin opens its mouth and releases a shrill screech!
Arku maintains his resolve, ignoring the terrible screech!

Lylia bites her lip.

A scarred battle griffin tries to spear Arku with its beak!
  AS: +440 vs DS: +343 with AvD: +27 + d100 roll: +84 = +208
   ... and hits for 18 points of damage!
   Arku's arm twists oddly but snaps right back.

Lylia removes an embroidered sapphire silk handkerchief from in her wrap.

Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +509 vs DS: +327 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +36 = +250
   ... and hits for 63 points of damage!
   Weak diagonal slash catches the battle griffin's left knee!
   It is dislocated.
Arku swings a golvern-edged handaxe at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +515 vs DS: +278 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +73 = +342
   ... and hits for 105 points of damage!
   Awesome slash severs the battle griffin's right arm!
   A jagged stump is all that remains!
The battle griffin screeches loudly as it cradles its mangled right front leg!

Speaking in Faendryl, Lewlong says, "Must faster than the other."

A scarred battle griffin tries to bite Arku!
  AS: +427 vs DS: +341 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +87 = +197
   ... and hits for 19 points of damage!
   Whiplash!

Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +509 vs DS: +264 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +80 = +357
   ... and hits for 89 points of damage!
   Strong slash to the battle griffin's right leg!
   Muscles exposed!
   Not a pretty sight.
Arku swings a golvern-edged handaxe at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +515 vs DS: +251 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +76 = +372
   ... and hits for 113 points of damage!
   Powerful slash!
   The battle griffin's right leg is severed at the knee!
The battle griffin screeches loudly in agony!

Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +509 vs DS: +186 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +62 = +417
   ... and hits for 114 points of damage!
   Spectacular slash!
   The battle griffin's left arm is neatly amputated!
The battle griffin screeches loudly as it cradles its mangled left front leg!
The battle griffin crashes to the ground, motionless.

Mourne nods slowly.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Hmm."

Chamalice applauds.

Genivie applauds.

Arku searches a scarred battle griffin.
The battle griffin decays into a pile of feathers and fur.

Lewlong applauds.

A large orc barbarian treads in, ready for combat!

(Lylia twists her handkerchief between her fingers.)

A large orc barbarian shifts her weight, stepping back a bit.

(Arku crouches low into Leopard Stalks its Prey, his blades held in a downward slant before him as he silently circles his intended target.)

Arku seems a bit weaker than before.

A large orc barbarian swings a closed fist at Arku!
Arku moves at the last moment to evade the attack!
Genivie nods.

(Arku sheathes his blades and raises one foot while balancing on the other, his arms akimbo.  Launching himself upward into a front somersault, he draws his blades and spins into Crow in the Cornfield.)

Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at a large orc barbarian!
  AS: +496 vs DS: +268 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +25 = +288
   ... and hits for 135 points of damage!
   Smash to cheek driving bone through the eye and into the brain.
The orc barbarian falls to the ground and dies.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Nicely done."

Arku searches a large orc barbarian.
A large orc barbarian decays into compost.

Lewlong grins.

Lylia applauds with enthusiasm, seemingly oblivious to her surroundings.

Genivie adopts an agreeable expression.

A gnarled orc treads in, ready for combat!
A gnarled orc treads in, ready for combat!

Speaking in Faendryl, Lewlong exclaims, "Two!"

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Hmm."

A gnarled orc swings a closed fist at Arku!
  AS: +429 vs DS: +634 with AvD: +4 + d100 roll: +34 = -167
   A clean miss.

In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, a gnarled orc engages Arku in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
A gnarled orc swings a closed fist at Arku!
  AS: +423 vs DS: +634 with AvD: +4 + d100 roll: +88 = -119
   A clean miss.
A gnarled orc swings a closed fist at Arku!
Arku barely dodges the attack!
A gnarled orc swings a closed fist at Arku!
Arku dodges just in the nick of time!
A gnarled orc swings a closed fist at Arku!
  AS: +423 vs DS: +634 with AvD: +4 + d100 roll: +60 = -147
   A clean miss.
A gnarled orc swings a closed fist at Arku!
Arku moves at the last moment to evade the attack!

Arku nods slowly.

A gnarled orc gets a wild-eyed look on her face!
A gnarled orc swings a closed fist at Arku!
Arku evades the attack by inches!

(Arku bursts from the shadows, lunging forward into Mealtime for Roa'ter, his blades a mezmerizing whirl before him.)

Arku looks determined and focused.
In a breathtaking display of ability and combat mastery, Arku whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!
Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at a gnarled orc!
  AS: +496 vs DS: +258 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +6 = +279
   ... and hits for 156 points of damage!
   Terrible slash to the gnarled orc's side!
   Entrails spill out, onto the ground!
   Death can be SO messy.
The gnarled orc falls to the ground and dies.
Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at a gnarled orc!
  AS: +496 vs DS: +246 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +95 = +380
   ... and hits for 151 points of damage!
   Hard blow breaks the femur!
   The gnarled orc is knocked to the ground!

All of a sudden, a gnarled orc rolls hard to her side, and then leaps to her feet!

Arku swings a golvern-edged handaxe at a gnarled orc!
  AS: +507 vs DS: +195 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +8 = +350
   ... and hits for 125 points of damage!
   Left leg mangled horribly.
   The gnarled orc is knocked to the ground!

Mourne nods approvingly.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Lovely."

(Arku smoothly assumes Abyran'sa in the Abyss, as he rises onto the balls of his feet, his blades held horizontally above his head.)

A gnarled orc struggles to rise but fails in the attempt.

All of a sudden, a gnarled orc rolls hard to her side, and then leaps to her feet!

Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at a gnarled orc!
  AS: +496 vs DS: +186 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +65 = +410
   ... and hits for 160 points of damage!
   Off-balance slash to the gnarled orc's left arm shatters her elbow.
   *CRUNCH*
The gnarled orc falls to the ground and dies.

Genivie adopts an agreeable expression.

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "Good work."

Arku searches a gnarled orc.
A gnarled orc decays into compost.

Berkana nods.

Arku searches a gnarled orc.
Arku gathers the remaining coins.
A gnarled orc decays into compost.

Lewlong chuckles.

Lylia nods in agreement.

Chamalice applauds.

Arku bows.

Lewlong lets out a cheer!

Arku just went out.

Lylia waves an embroidered sapphire silk handkerchief around.

Speaking in Faendryl, Cyphier says, "Impressive form."

Lylia clears her throat.

Chamalice agrees with Cyphier.

Genivie smiles and applauds respectfully.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lewlong says, "Excellent show."

Lewlong nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "At least he had a real challenge on his hands."

Speaking in Faendryl, Yenko says, "The wounds didn't seem to make him falter at all, even for a moment."

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Tomorrow will be exciting."

Yenko agrees with Genivie.

Genivie nods at Yenko.

Speaking in Faendryl, Maetriks says, "There is grace, there is style, and there is efficiency... some show all three traits, some show only one."

Noira

Lady Noira just arrived.

Darklyght agrees with Maetriks.

Lylia applauds.

Edanthiel leans forward.

Noira curtsies gracefully.

In one blurring motion, Noira snatches a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore from her sack, brandishing it for all to see.

(Noira pulls back her blue shaalk claidhmore in a combat-ready stance, then with a quick spin on the balls of her feet turns once, twice, three times, before planting one foot down sharply on the ground, allowing the momentum to swing her weapon down, and just as quickly up in a deadly arc.)

Chamalice applauds.

Genivie smiles.

Genivie applauds.

Malikaen applauds loudly.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "Silvean wrote her letter of recommendation. I have high expectations of her."

Speaking in Faendryl, Aetammel comments, "Very quick."

Noira tosses her blue shaalk claidhmore in the air, sending it into a spiraling blur.  At the perfect moment, she snatches it competently by the handle.

Lylia nods at Aetammel.

Noira deftly twirls her blue shaalk claidhmore around her finger and stuffs it in her indigo sack.  Fancy!

In one blurring motion, Noira snatches an ancient veil iron katana from her sack, brandishing it for all to see.

(Noira grips her veil iron katana in front of her with both hands, leaping nimbly to the left.  Landing sure-footedly, her grip changes slightly and she extends her whole body to the right, the palm of one hand at the butt of her weapon, pushing it with great speed at her imaginary foes eye level.  With another spin and a leap to the right, the veil iron katana is withdrawn, the weapon now turned in a blur to shove behind her at groin level, returning to her original stance after a moment.)

Speaking in Faendryl, Mourne comments, "Strong, too, to handle a claidhmore so lightly."

Edanthiel agrees with Mourne.

Noira smirks.

Lylia nods in agreement.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "And a katana."

Genivie grins.

Noira spins her veil iron katana around her right forearm, then passes it to her left without grasping it or stopping the spin, then passes it back to her right arm.  Each spin causing a crisp "whoosh," Noira brings it back to bear in her right hand.

Noira deftly twirls her veil iron katana around her finger and stuffs it in her indigo sack.  Fancy!

In one blurring motion, Noira snatches a full-crescent golvern battle axe from her sack, brandishing it for all to see.

(Noira swings the golvern battle axe overhead, the momentum carrying the weapon into a deep crescent that she reverses before it hits ground, the added strength sending the massive bladed head to the side as she stretches out a leg.  Using single heel to serve as a muscled pylon as a kick breaks the air opposite the axe.  As she draws back on the weapon, raising her guard again, the golvern battle axe is raised and brought down in a swift, strong chop that comes a hairs-breadth from the floor.)

Lylia gasps.

Noira deftly twirls her golvern battle axe around her finger and stuffs it in her indigo sack.  Fancy!

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "My goodness she has quite the repetoire of weaponry."

Speaking in Faendryl, you say, "Quite the collection of weaponry."

Noira taps her clenched fists together, once, twice, then raises one hand in a beckoning motion, inviting all comers.

Genivie grins at you.

Noira bounces lightly on the balls of her feet and adopts an aggressive stance.

(Noira draws her arms into a combative ready stance, her feet planted.  Perceiving an unknown attacker, she becomes a flurry of motion; a punch to her right, an elbow behind, jabs thrown left and forward.  Her legs become animated as she drops low, creating a smaller target to be attacked, but striking out with force and grace.  Rising to her feet, she casts her eyes into the audience, her breathing controlled and rhythmic even after the exertion.)

Mourne nods in agreement.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "And adept with all of them, it seems."

Speaking in Faendryl, Yenko says, "She seems ready for anything."

Edanthiel smiles.

Genivie nods.

Lylia nods at Yenko.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Very versatile indeed."

Genivie adopts an agreeable expression.

Noira bows her head slightly as she drops into a deep, respectful curtsy.

Genivie applauds with enthusiasm, seemingly oblivious to her surroundings.

Lady Noira just went out.

Speaking in Faendryl, Cyphier says, "I'd wager there are more where those came from."

Lewlong applauds.

Malikaen applauds loudly.

Raegn applauds loudly.

Lylia applauds.

You applaud.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Nice display of form."

Genivie nods.

Mourne ponders.

Divyne applauds.

Lylia put an embroidered sapphire silk handkerchief in her wrap.

Speaking in Faendryl, Aetammel says, "I must confess that I had hoped to see her slaying some foes of her own."

Chamalice nods at Aetammel.

Genivie agrees with Aetammel.

Speaking in Faendryl, you say, "Perhaps tomorrow."

Lylia nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Perhaps more tomorrow."

Genivie nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Aetammel agrees, "Oh, of a certainty."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "I suspect so, yes."

Cyphier stands up.
Cyphier just went west.

Genivie leans back.
Genivie folds her hands in her lap.

Afterward

[Academy Nexus, Viewing Box]
Rows of cushioned seats fill viewing boxes that are arranged all around a large arena.  Beautifully embroidered canopies are pulled back allowing the moonlight to bath the area in a pale glow.  A shimmering wall of magical energy protects each booth while still giving a clear view of the trial space.
Also here: Malikaen who is sitting, Chamalice who is sitting, Lady Lylia who is sitting, Darklyght who is sitting, Iraon who is sitting, Aetammel who is sitting, Raegn, Matriarch Berkana who is sitting, Lewlong who is sitting, Yenko who is sitting, High Lady Maetriks who is sitting, Mourne, Lord Eskrak who is sitting, Edanthiel who is sitting, Divyne who is sitting, Genivie who is sitting
Obvious paths: west

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "I wonder if we might find the candidates to offer our congratulations, or if they are still being interviewed?"

Yenko rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Speaking in Faendryl, Maetriks says, "I had that exact thought..."

Lewlong stands up.

Speaking in Faendryl, Aetammel says, "I should imagine that they will return here to collect us once they are finished."

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "I'm sure someone will tell us..."

Yenko removes a segmented mistwood toy snake from in his ebon Faendryl cloak.

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "I wonder what tomorrow will be like."

Berkana ponders.
Berkana takes a bite of her vanilla-tipped truffle.
Yenko gives his mistwood toy snake a good squeeze and it returns the favor by wrapping itself about his arm.

Speaking in Faendryl, Chamalice says, "Has a time been decided upon? It was my understanding it changed."

Chamalice glances at Yenko.
Chamalice chuckles to herself.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie asks, "I believe only the time of the awards changed, no?"

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "Three hours before midnight, yes?"

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "To Volnes."

Blade Schalyne's group just arrived.

[Academy Nexus, Viewing Box]
Rows of cushioned seats fill viewing boxes that are arranged all around a large arena.  Beautifully embroidered canopies are pulled back allowing the moonlight to bath the area in a pale glow.  A shimmering wall of magical energy protects each booth while still giving a clear view of the trial space.
Also here: Cyphier, Lady Noira, Arku, Durakar, Aurach, Blade Schalyne, Malikaen, Chamalice, Lady Lylia, Darklyght who is sitting, Iraon who is sitting, Aetammel who is sitting, Raegn, Matriarch Berkana, Lewlong, Yenko, High Lady Maetriks, Mourne, Lord Eskrak who is sitting, Edanthiel who is sitting, Divyne, Genivie
Obvious paths: west

Yenko surveys his surroundings carefully.

Darklyght stands up.

Cyphier applauds.

Aurach inclines his head.

Genivie smiles.

You applaud.

Lylia applauds with enthusiasm, seemingly oblivious to her surroundings.

Malikaen applauds.

Edanthiel applauds.

Mourne nods approvingly.

Genivie applauds with enthusiasm, seemingly oblivious to her surroundings.

Chamalice applauds.

Speaking in Faendryl, Cyphier exclaims, "Well done!"

Speaking in Faendryl to Durakar, Maetriks says, "Marvelous showing."

Noira inclines her head.

Berkana applauds.

Divyne applauds.

Darklyght applauds politely.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Well done all."

Lewlong grins at Arku.

Genivie nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Chamalice says, "Quite impressive."

Speaking in Faendryl, you sincerely say, "Wonderful display from you all."

Speaking in Faendryl to Maetriks, Durakar says, "Thankee."

Yenko praises Durakar.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Since you are all new to the trials I feel I should explain what you saw and what you will see tomorrow."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia exclaims, "A magnificent show of force and grace!"

Yenko praises Aurach.

Noira curtsies to Raegn.

Speaking in Faendryl to Arku, Lewlong says, "Excellent job.  Isola will be pleased."

Yenko praises Noira, expounding upon her fine features and excellent characteristics.

Arku grins at Lewlong.

Genivie nods at Schalyne.

Cyphier bows to Schalyne and takes her arm.

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Lewlong, Arku says, "That is all that matters."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Normally regular trainees do not have a night as this."

Speaking in Faendryl, Edanthiel says, "So exciting and impressive."
Arku starts chortling.

Chamalice turns an inquisitive ear toward Schalyne.

Genivie folds her hands.

Aurach turns an inquisitive ear toward Schalyne.

Speaking in Faendryl to Aurach, Maetriks says, "And a nice display as well."

Lewlong chuckles.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "We know them and their skills."

Yenko praises Arku.

Raegn nods once at Noira.

Speaking in Faendryl to Arku, Divyne says, "You did a wonderful job."

Noira smiles at Lylia.

Genivie nods slowly.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "This was for the Masters' benefit to judge their level of training."

Noira cocks her head at Schalyne.

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Yenko, Arku says, "Thank you."

Arku blushes a nice shade of rosy pink.

Genivie nods at Schalyne.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "They had the choice to display as they wished."

Genivie nods understandingly.

Noira gently waves her fingers over the page of her open tome.

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Divyne, Arku says, "Your kind words are appreciated."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Tomorrow they will enter the arena as a regular candidate would."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "They will face three foes."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Losing is not always failure."

Lewlong nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "I expect some other member sof society will be there, it is common."

Genivie nods respectfully.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "There are many curious about this new group of recruits."

Genivie adopts an agreeable expression.

Lylia nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "I would imagine so."

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Very many I am sure."

Genivie nods slowly.

Noira coughs.

Chamalice smiles quietly to herself.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "The portals will be closing, you will only be able to exit, not enter again until tomorrow."

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana asks, "Will we be allowed to watch tomorrow eve as well?"

Berkana nods at Schalyne.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "We will begin at nine in the evening."

Eskrak nods at Schalyne.

Darklyght nods understandingly at Schalyne.

Divyne nods once at Schalyne.

Edanthiel smiles at Schalyne.

Lylia nods at Schalyne.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "My apologies for the scribes not being clear this evening."

Berkana takes a bite of her vanilla-tipped truffle.

Chamalice nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "On Volnes."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "It will be a formal event."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "Planar shifts are often temporal as well. It is a challenge at times."

Mourne sighs.

Edanthiel bites her lip.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie asks, "Here are well?"

Speaking in Faendryl, Aetammel pleasedly muses, "A formal event.  I must plan even more thoroughly than our aspiring candidates."

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie asks, "As well?"

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie asks, "On Volnes?"

Durakar stretches his arms out in front of himself, and then swings them behind him, settling into a more relaxed stance.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Yes."

Genivie nods understandingly.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "We will also enter Mahkra Academy."

Noira raises an eyebrow.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "It has a nice view of the basilica."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "Wonderful news."

Noira nods in agreement.

Speaking in Faendryl, Aetammel thoughtfully says, "Mahkra.  Yes, that will suit nicely."

Aurach steeples his fingers together, quietly observing his surroundings.

Chamalice folds her hands behind her back.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "I would imagine the audience tomorrow will be even larger."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "I will leave the portal to exit open."