Palestra Trials 5116/Day 2

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

Prologue

[Faendryl Embassy, Assemblage]
Covered with a rich, cinereal wool carpet, the marbled alabaster floor melds smoothly with the walls, veins of crimson contrasting with their immaculate surface.  A large ebon marble fireplace dominates the room, a basket of sticks resting at its base.  A number of small meeting tables are set along the perimeter, and a dark sideboard has been placed to the side, its surface covered with various bowls and platters.  You also see the Melivn disk, the Aurach disk and a glowing pale blue column.
Also here: Blade Schalyne, Melivn, Darklyght, Matriarch Berkana, Mielle, Lady Lylia, Rantrul, Mourne, Iraon, Aetammel, Durakar, Effany, Lewlong, Divyne, Edanthiel, Arku, Aurach, Cyphier
Obvious exits: north

Speaking in Faendryl, Aetammel repeats, "And I have enough absinthe for anyone else who desires."

Schalyne sniffs at her ruby red wine.

Effany removes a glass of ruby red wine from in her bronze leather pouch.

Lylia nods in greeting to you.

Effany takes a drink from her ruby red wine.

Speaking in Faendryl to Aetammel, Mielle says, "I appreciate the offer, but I think I can manage plain wine for at least one night."

Mielle adopts an agreeable expression.

You wave to Lylia.

Aetammel chuckles.

Lylia smiles.

Berkana shakes her head.

Speaking smoothly in Faendryl to Mielle, Aetammel says, "Another evening, then."

Speaking in Faendryl, you say, "Good evening all."

Arku nods to Berkana in greeting.

Melivn takes a drink from his smooth black liqueur.

Mourne nods to you.

Divyne nods in greeting.

You pour yourself a flute of dark sassafras wine.

Cyphier nods to you in greeting.

Speaking in Faendryl to you, Effany exclaims, "Good evening!"

Speaking casually in Faendryl to Aetammel, Mielle says, "Most certainly."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "It smells very rich but I am afraid this is not a night for drinking."

Schalyne offers Effany a glass of ruby red wine.

Lady Veni just arrived.

Effany accepts Schalyne's ruby red wine.

Lylia nods in greeting at Veni.

Lacing her fingers together, Veni's body stiffens as she listens quietly.

Genivie just arrived.

Veni nods in greeting.

Speaking in Faendryl to himself, Melivn says, "I think every night is a night for drinking."

Melivn shrugs.

Speaking in Faendryl to Schalyne, Effany asks, "Is it not to your taste?"

Edanthiel bows to Schalyne.

Effany sniffs at her ruby red wine.

Effany carefully inspects her ruby red wine.

Veni removes a glass of spiced agave wine from in her silk cloak.
Veni takes a drink from her spiced agave wine.

Rantrul takes a drink from his Faendryl absinthe.
The sourness makes Rantrul's lips pucker.

Aetammel turns to face Mourne.

Mourne raises an eyebrow in Aetammel's direction.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "One knows when they must refrain from pleasures..."

Mourne takes a drink from her ruby red wine.
Effany takes a drink from her ruby red wine.
Melivn takes a drink from his smooth black liqueur.
Melivn looks rather relaxed.

Speaking appreciatively in Faendryl to Mourne, Aetammel says, "My dear, I am utterly delighted by the sharpness of your fashion sense.  A rustic theme at this gathering.  Simply marvelous."

Mourne squints at Aetammel.

Aurach nods at Arku.

Mourne frowns.

Mielle smirks.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "We seem to be missing one..."

Darklyght agrees with Schalyne.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "She is young and not academy trained..."

Schalyne shrugs.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "I am sure she will be along."

Speaking in Faendryl to Aetammel, Lylia says, "There is something to be said for dressing comfortably. I resting be sitting uneasily on these pearls all evening, I suspect."

Speaking evenly in Faendryl to Aetammel, Mourne says, "I traveled here on foot. It seemed proper attire."

Melivn takes a drink from his smooth black liqueur.
Melivn looks rather relaxed.

Speaking in Faendryl, Aurach softly says, "She may be delayed by the Illistim guards they can be ... particularly awkward."

Mourne takes a drink from her ruby red wine.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne asks, "Awkward?"

Veni nods at Aurach.
Schalyne smirks.
Rantrul smirks.
Melikor just arrived.

Speaking in Faendryl, Aurach softly says, "To some."
Aurach winks.

Rantrul takes a drink from his Faendryl absinthe.
Rantrul looks rather relaxed.

Lylia takes a drink from her ruby red wine.

Cyphier begins chuckling at Aurach!

Speaking in Faendryl to Mourne, Aetammel says, "Oh!  You mean.... my, my.  I have rather the gift for inserting my foot into my mouth, it would seem."

Veni takes a drink from her spiced agave wine.

Mourne nods in agreement at Aetammel.

Speaking sincerely in Faendryl to Mourne, Aetammel says, "Please do accept my most abject apologies."

Speaking in Faendryl to Aetammel, Mourne says, "We all have our gifts. It is good to know yours."

Yenko just arrived.
Mourne smiles thinly.

Speaking in Faendryl to Aurach, Cyphier says, "I wonder what the Argent Mirror would think about a portal to this Academy within her city."
Lylia nods in greeting at Yenko.

Arku nods.
Yenko nods to Lylia in greeting.

Lewlong joins Divyne's group.

Schalyne glances at Cyphier.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "We shall not tell her."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "I value my head."

Speaking in Faendryl to Mourne, Aetammel says, "Oh, you may come to discover that this is only the barest beginnings.  My gifts go far, far beyond this."

Cyphier smiles at Schalyne.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "One would then presume the Argent Mirror thinks instead of merely feeling and swooning."

Mourne can offer Aetammel only a blank expression.
Rantrul casually glances between Mourne and Aetammel.

Speaking in Faendryl to Schalyne, Cyphier says, "My lips are sealed, good Blade."

Veni appears to be trying hard not to grin.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "If rumors be true she is no more than a pampered puppet."

Divyne grins.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Playing a game she will never know the rules to."

Melivn takes a drink from his smooth black liqueur.

Schalyne shrugs.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "She is still quite young. Very..."

(Lylia gestures vaguely.)

Darklyght nods understandingly.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "...emotionally fraught."

Veni nods slowly at Lylia.

Mielle begins to twitch.

Speaking in Faendryl, Cyphier says, "I'm not particularly concerned either way."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "Mm, nor I."

Melivn takes a drink from his smooth black liqueur.

Lylia smiles.

Melivn glances at a dark sideboard.

Sorsil just arrived.
Aurach nods to Sorsil in greeting.

Sorsil nods to Aurach in greeting.

Lylia is admiring herself again.

Melivn hums a seemingly random tune.
Genivie leans against a glowing pale blue column.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "I suppose we can begin and allow our missing lass to join in when she arrives."

Melivn takes a drink from his smooth black liqueur.

Genivie folds her arms over her chest.

Aurach nods slowly.

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Lylia, Arku says, "Isn't it odd that the Faendryl are often the first blamed yet it generally someone from within their own house that is plotting."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "If the guards have detained her, we will test her when we can break her free."

Yenko gives his mistwood toy snake a good squeeze and it returns the favor by wrapping itself about his arm.

Yenko takes a bite of his fire-roasted cobra.

[People enter portal]

As you step inside the glowing column, your body is enveloped by a shimmering pale blue light.  As the muted color fades, you find yourself someplace else.
[Academy Nexus, Column Chamber]
Apparently a central hub, several passages lead away from this circular room.  A pale screen of light spans each of the chamber's exits bar one.  Devoid of any other adornment, the smooth alabaster stone walls seem to shimmer and move as the light from a column of energy twists and turns on itself.
Also here: Lady Veni, Blade Schalyne, Durakar, Aurach
Obvious exits: north

[People arrive]

Veni flashes a wide grin.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "The candidates may join me."
Aurach joins Schalyne's group.
Durakar joins Schalyne's group.
Arku joins Schalyne's group.

Veni casually observes her surroundings.
Veni joins Schalyne's group.

Schalyne glances at Veni.
Darklyght glances between Veni and Schalyne.
Veni's cheeks take on a slightly flushed tone.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "I would suggest the viewing box."

Aurach taps a myklian scale swordbelt that he is wearing.

You quietly whisper to Veni, "Candidates only."

Schalyne coughs.

Veni nods to you.

[Move to Viewing Box]

[Academy Nexus, Viewing Box]
Rows of cushioned seats fill viewing boxes that are arranged all around a large arena.  Beautifully embroidered canopies are pulled back allowing the moonlight to bath the area in a pale glow.  A shimmering wall of magical energy protects each booth while still giving a clear view of the trial space.
Obvious paths: west

Divyne's group just arrived.

You settle yourself on the cushioned seat for a moment's rest.

Mourne just arrived.
Divyne smiles at Lewlong.
Lewlong smiles at Divyne.
Cyphier just arrived.

Speaking in Faendryl to Divyne, Lewlong asks, "Are you nervous again?"

Aetammel just arrived.
Lewlong walks over to the seat and settles down.

Speaking in Faendryl, you say, "Had to hurry for the best seat."

Lady Veni just arrived.

Divyne laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.
Cyphier walks over to the seat and settles down.
Iraon just arrived.
Divyne walks over to the seat and settles down.
Iraon walks over to the seat and settles down.

Divyne holds up two fingers and slowly pinches them together until they are almost touching.

Gazing into the wall, you see...

[Academy Nexus, Palestra Arena]
Built in an outside area of the academy, the arena is surrounded by a wall of clear energy that rises into the air, joining at a central focal point and creating a shimmering dome.  Several passageways can be seen behind the magical barrier.  The ground of the area is covered in multi-hued cobblestones.  There are no adornments or obstacles that can be seen except random areas that are blackened or discolored.
Obvious paths: out

Speaking in Faendryl, Aetammel announces, "To our family, and to our champions."
Aetammel raises his Faendryl absinthe in a toast!

(Cyphier reclines in his seat resting his black ash cane across his knees.)

You raise your dark sassafras wine in a toast!
Veni raises her spiced agave wine in a toast!
Cyphier raises his smooth black liqueur in a toast!

You take a drink from your dark sassafras wine.
You have 5 quaffs left.
Veni takes a drink from her spiced agave wine.
Aetammel takes a drink from his Faendryl absinthe.
The sourness makes Aetammel's lips pucker.
Aetammel looks rather relaxed.
Cyphier takes a drink from his smooth black liqueur.

Veni nods appreciatively.

Mourne gazes in amusement at Aetammel.

Melivn just arrived.

Darklyght agrees with Aetammel.

Raegn just arrived.
Edanthiel just arrived.

Lady Lylia's group just arrived.
Melikor just arrived.

Edanthiel walks over to the seat and settles down.

Lylia nods with satisfaction.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mielle says, "Ah, yes, I would have gotten lost."

Rantrul just arrived.

Mielle nods at Lylia.

Raegn expresses all of his sensitivity and talent through his harp as he carries the sad ballad into the next verse.

(Lylia chooses a seat near the front.)

Lylia walks over to the seat and settles down.

Sorsil just arrived.
Effany just arrived.
Matriarch Berkana just arrived.

Effany walks over to the seat and settles down.
Berkana sits down next to Lylia.
Mielle kneels down.
Melikor walks over to the seat and settles down.

Raegn's harp strings sing with a poignant sweet sorrow, like a widow standing at her husband's grave.

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana asks, "Anyone bring drinks this time?"
Berkana chuckles.

Yenko just arrived.

Speaking in Faendryl to Berkana, Aetammel exclaims, "I did!"
Effany offers Berkana a glass of ruby red wine.
Speaking in Faendryl, Effany exclaims, "We have plenty!"

Darklyght taps a polished mistwood case clasped with a faenor buckle that he is wearing.

Aetammel takes a bite of his fire-roasted cobra.
Berkana accepts Effany's ruby red wine.
Yenko gazes in wonder at his surroundings.
Sorsil sits down.
Berkana nods at Effany.
Lylia smiles quietly to herself.

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "Thank you."

Speaking in Faendryl to Berkana, Aetammel says, "I can offer absinthe, if you are so inclined."

Raegn expresses all of his sensitivity and talent through his harp as he carries the sad ballad into the next verse.

Berkana begins chuckling at Lylia!
Berkana takes a drink from her ruby red wine.
Berkana chuckles.
Lylia narrows her eyes.
Effany takes a drink from her ruby red wine.
Melivn just arrived.
Berkana just nudged Lylia.
Effany takes a drink from her ruby red wine.
Lylia just nudged Berkana.
Berkana chuckles.
Berkana agrees with Lylia.

Raegn's harp strings sing with a poignant sweet sorrow, like a widow standing at her husband's grave.

Melivn walks over to the seat and settles down.
Lady Noira just arrived.

Raegn expresses all of his sensitivity and talent through his harp as he carries the sad ballad into the next verse.

Raegn nods in greeting at Noira.
Veni nods in greeting at Noira.

Melivn takes a drink from his smooth black liqueur.
Melivn looks rather relaxed.
Noira coughs.
Edanthiel smiles at Noira.
Berkana smiles at Noira.
Rantrul takes a moment to observe Noira.
Berkana glances west.
Lylia smiles at Noira.
Lady Noira just went west.
Berkana snickers.

Raegn's harp strings sing with a poignant sweet sorrow, like a widow standing at her husband's grave.

Berkana takes a drink from her ruby red wine.
Yenko walks over to the seat and settles down.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "She probably did run afoul of the guards. I am surprised more of us have not been harassed."

Raegn touches the strings of his harp in one last chord, the minor resolution ringing on as he slowly drops his hands.

Rantrul takes a drink from his Faendryl absinthe.
Rantrul looks rather relaxed.
Mourne just went west.

Speaking in Faendryl to Lylia, Aetammel agrees, "I had expected to be detained, travelling as we are in such a large group."

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "Oh a finely turned calf, a slow wink of an eye, can distract many a guard."

Mourne just arrived.
Melivn takes a drink from his smooth black liqueur.
Melivn looks rather relaxed.
Veni grins slowly at Berkana.
Mourne glances up.

Speaking in Faendryl to Lylia, Cyphier says, "I just entered the city by other means than the gates."

Lylia nods at Cyphier.

Berkana takes a drink from her ruby red wine.
Cyphier takes a drink from his smooth black liqueur.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "That works too."
Lylia chuckles.
Mourne sighs.
Mourne runs a hand over her long white blonde hair, trying to make herself presentable.
Mourne mutters under her breath.

Speaking in Faendryl, Melivn says, "Guards do love baby cows. They're so tastey."
Melivn nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mielle says, "Or just twitch your tail a few times, growl, and threaten to slash their throats open. It doesn't always help, but sometimes..."

Mielle nods.
Melivn takes a drink from his smooth black liqueur.
Melivn looks rather relaxed.

Genivie folds her arms over her chest.
Edanthiel sneezes.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia observes, "Some tail-twitching is different from other sorts. Both can be effective in their way, I suppose."

Speaking in Faendryl to Lylia, Mielle says, "I meant tail in the literal sense, but I suppose the swishing of the metaphorical tail works, too."
Lylia nods at Mielle.
Lord Demyse just arrived.

Yenko nods to Demyse in greeting.
Darklyght slowly rolls his cigar between his thumb and index finger.
Lylia nods in greeting at Demyse.
Demyse nods in greeting at Yenko.
Veni nods in greeting at Demyse.
Effany takes a drink from her ruby red wine.
Demyse sits down next to Yenko.
Effany removes a glass of ruby red wine from in her fur hide knapsack.
Mielle glances at Demyse.
Veni takes a drink from her spiced agave wine.
Demyse nods in greeting at Lylia.
Effany offers Demyse a glass of ruby red wine.

You nod to Demyse in greeting.

Speaking in Faendryl to Demyse, Effany asks, "Have some wine?"

Speaking in Faendryl, Demyse quietly remarks, "To save my neck.. Greetings to all which have gathered this evening."

Speaking quietly in Faendryl to Effany, Demyse answers, "No, I do not drink."
Demyse declines Effany's offer.

Speaking quietly in Faendryl to Effany, Demyse responds, "My thanks for the thought however."

Demyse extends his deep crimson wings to their fullest length.
Effany nods at Demyse.

Lewlong grins at Divyne.
Divyne laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.
Divyne nods in agreement at Lewlong.
Berkana grins at Lylia.
Aetammel glances around the area.

Speaking in Faendryl, Aetammel says, "I am disappointed that Aeavenne seems not to have made it."

[Academy Nexus, Viewing Box]
Rows of cushioned seats fill viewing boxes that are arranged all around a large arena.  Beautifully embroidered canopies are pulled back allowing the moonlight to bath the area in a pale glow.  A shimmering wall of magical energy protects each booth while still giving a clear view of the trial space.  You also see a floating eye that is flying around.
Also here: Lord Demyse who is sitting, Mourne, Melivn who is sitting, Yenko who is sitting, Matriarch Berkana who is sitting, Effany who is sitting, Sorsil who is sitting, Rantrul, Melikor who is sitting, Mielle who is kneeling, Lady Lylia who is sitting, Edanthiel who is sitting, Raegn, Genivie who is sitting, Darklyght who is sitting, Iraon who is sitting, Lady Veni who is sitting, Aetammel who is sitting, Cyphier who is sitting, Lewlong who is sitting, Divyne who is sitting
Obvious paths: west

Lylia nods at Aetammel.

Veni removes a grilled lizard and locust kabob from in her silk cloak.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "I was hoping to see a few familiar faces I do not, but I know time presses more insistently on some of us than on others."

Speaking in Faendryl, Mielle disappointedly says, "Oh, I would have liked to see her. Pity indeed."

Veni takes a bite of her locust kabob.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "I find it difficult to rise before midnight, personally."
Interlocking her fingers above her head, Lylia stretches slowly, extending her spine in a satisfying stretch.

Mielle agrees with Lylia.
Melivn removes a rounded eahnor flask from his black leather belt.
Veni agrees with Lylia.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "Which is why I threw on any old thing."
Lylia tosses her head, allowing her emerald earrings to swing about in a fetching manner.

Darklyght glances appraisingly at Lylia.

Melivn practically guzzles from his eahnor flask.
Melivn suddenly spits out the rum in his mouth, spraying it out in all directions!
Melivn looks rather relaxed.

Mourne casually glances at Lylia.
Speaking amusedly in Faendryl to Lylia, Aetammel teases, "It is rare that I have heard comments so demanding of proper attention as that."

Speaking in Faendryl to Lylia, Mielle says, "You always look stunning. I doubt you throw on any old thing."

Melivn sniffs at his eahnor flask.
Darklyght ponders.

Aetammel examines Lylia closely, sizing her up and taking note of all the details.

Edanthiel gazes with interest at Lylia.

Yenko nods slowly.
Yenko hangs his head.
Berkana smiles at Darklyght.
Lylia inclines her head.
Lylia smiles quietly to herself.

Speaking in Faendryl, Edanthiel says, "That looks quite fancy."

Several other viewing boxes begin to fill with members of the various groups of Faendryl society.

Speaking in Faendryl to Mielle, Lylia says, "I had to wrestle hundreds of oysters for this gown."

Melivn attaches a rounded eahnor flask to his black leather belt.
Mielle snickers at Lylia.

Speaking in Faendryl to Lylia, Mielle says, "Ferocious, foaming oysters, I imagine."

Rantrul gazes in amusement at Lylia.
Veni covers her mouth and chortles away behind her hand.
Speaking in Faendryl to Mielle, Lylia says, "Huge."

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Lylia, Darklyght asks, "Why can't we see that in the arena?"

Speaking in Faendryl, Rantrul amusedly says, "How...uncouth."

(Lylia holds her hands about five feet apart.)

Speaking disapprovingly in Faendryl to Lylia, Aetammel says, "Depriving oysters of their sole possessions.  How terribly scandalous."

Phase 1: Intro

A figure in shimmering robes enters a booth across the arena.

Mourne cocks her head.
Demyse nods slowly at Yenko.
Cyphier casually observes his surroundings.
Genivie leans forward.
Genivie glances down.

Several guards take place around figure.

Veni gazes watchfully at her surroundings.

Genivie raises an eyebrow.
Darklyght glances appraisingly around the area.
Demyse casually observes his surroundings.

Raegn put an elegant rune-incised lor harp in his black longcloak.

Speaking in Faendryl, you ask, "Perhaps the leader of the school?"
Lylia nods to you.

Malikaen just arrived.
Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia quietly says, "I would imagine so."

Mielle takes a drink from her ruby red wine.
Mielle gazes thoughtfully at her ruby red wine.
Nutmeg-scented smoke curls up from the cigar in Darklyght's hand.

Speaking in Faendryl, you say, "Or Lord Rashere in disguise."

Lylia chuckles.

Speaking wistfully in Faendryl to her ruby red wine, Mielle says, "You are almost good enough."

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Demyse, Yenko says, "If you peer at the wall you can see what is going on inside the arena grandfather."

Speaking in Faendryl, Cyphier says, "The leader of a martial academy in shimmering robes? More likely someone in the Clerisy."

Speaking in Faendryl to you, Lylia says, "No better way to make a grand entrance."

The guarded Faendryl is joined by many others in robes of office until the box is full.  When he finally sits, the rest follow.

Demyse nods slowly at Yenko.
Yenko struggles to stand, but fails.

A row of trumpeters begin to call a fanfare.

Yenko takes a bite of his pepper cheese.
Yenko fidgets.
Yenko gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

Malikaen laces his fingers behind his back.
Divyne nods in agreement.

Speaking in Faendryl, Aetammel muses, "Perhaps the Patriarch himself.  The Blade said some time ago that this effort to bring additional warriors into the Palestra was supported at the very highest levels."

Darklyght takes a long draw from his brown cigar.
Darklyght parts his lips and blows a steady stream of nutmeg-scented smoke into the air before him.
Darklyght ponders.

Raegn adopts an agreeable expression.
Mourne looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs.

You nod at Aetammel.

Cyphier squints.

Speaking in Faendryl, you say, "Hopefully we will learn by the end of the trials."

Aetammel takes a bite of his fire-roasted cobra.

Speaking in Faendryl to Aetammel, Cyphier says, "Were it the partiarch I'm certain it would be announced."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia murmurs, "I would not presume to guess, but I am glad of the august company."

Speaking in Faendryl to Cyphier, Aetammel teases, "By, perhaps, a fanfare?  An honor guard?"

Mourne chuckles to herself.

Lylia gingerly pats her hand along the top of her head and gently smooths her waist-length hair into place.

Speaking in Faendryl, Edanthiel says, "I am sure they will inform us at a proper time."

Yenko takes a bite of his pepper cheese.

Speaking in Faendryl, Darklyght softly says, "There will, heh."
Darklyght coughs.

Speaking in Faendryl to Aetammel, Cyphier says, "If it is then that was quite a subdued entrance. Perhaps intentionally so."

Lewlong takes a drink from his rich auburn port.
Demyse agrees with Lylia.

Lylia nods slightly.

The trumpeters call out another fanfare!

You applaud.
Effany applauds.
Effany's face lights up with joy.

Lylia takes a drink from her ruby red wine.
Lylia put a glass of ruby red wine in her wrap.

Blade Schalyne just arrived.

Lylia leans forward.
Schalyne recites in Faendryl:

    "We begin the trials of the Palestra!"

Effany lets out a cheer!
Edanthiel's face lights up with joy.
Effany takes a drink from her ruby red wine.
Genivie nods with satisfaction.
Mielle adopts an agreeable expression.
Genivie folds her arms over her chest.
Cyphier idly taps the tip of his black ash cane upon the ground.

Schalyne recites in Faendryl:

    "Phase one is a battle between candidates."

Cyphier grins.
Cyphier leans forward.

Schalyne recites in Faendryl:

    "Lots have been drawn."

Schalyne recites in Faendryl:

    "Our first trial is between Candidate Noira and Candidate Arku!"

Effany applauds.
You applaud loudly.
Edanthiel lets out a cheer!

Schalyne turns to bow at each box.

Arku v. Noira

Arku just arrived.
Lady Noira just arrived.
Arku bows to Schalyne.
Noira curtsies to Schalyne.
Arku turns to face Noira.
Arku bows to Noira.
Noira curtsies to Arku.

(Arku smoothly assumes Abyran'sa in the Abyss, as he rises onto the balls of his feet, his blades held horizontally above his head.)

Noira tilts her blue shaalk claidhmore side to side, making the light play off it.

Schalyne walks about the arena until she reaches a box filled with those wearing insignia's of state.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne exclaims, "Glory and Honor to the Patriarch!"

Noira turns to face Schalyne.

Effany takes a drink from her ruby red wine.

The man in the shimmering robes nods.

Mourne nods slightly.
Lylia watches the surroundings in breathless anticipation.

Noira sinks into a deep curtsy.
Arku bows.

Cyphier nods at Aetammel.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne asks, "'candidates are you ready?"

Melikor leans forward and rests his chin in his hand, a thoughtful expression on his face.

Noira nods once.
Arku nods at Schalyne.
Schalyne nods.
Noira turns to face Arku.
Arku turns to face Noira.
Noira extends a hand to Arku.
Arku and Noira shake hands.

Schalyne recites in Faendryl:

    "So it shall be."

Schalyne takes a few steps back.

Noira takes a few steps back.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "At your will."

Noira nods understandingly.

(Arku crouches low into Leopard Stalks its Prey, his blades held in a downward slant before him as he silently circles his intended target.)

Noira turns to face Arku.

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Arku!
Arku evades the attack with ease!

Lady Aeavenne just arrived.
Aeavenne smiles.
Lylia beckons Aeavenne toward her with a fancy flourish of the hand.
Aeavenne sits down next to Lylia.
Raegn smiles at Aeavenne.
Darklyght nods to Aeavenne in greeting.
Aeavenne gives Lylia a friendly hug.
Aeavenne nods to Raegn in greeting.
Mielle smiles and nods in greeting to Aeavenne.
Lylia gives Aeavenne a friendly hug.
Aeavenne nods to Darklyght in greeting.

Noira takes a few steps back.

(Noira circles.)

(Arku studies his opponent closely, searching for any sign of weakness.)

Speaking pleasedly in Faendryl to Aeavenne, Aetammel exclaims, "You did make it!"
Aeavenne smiles at Mielle.
Speaking in Faendryl to Aeavenne, Aetammel says, "Quickly, find your seat, it is already in progress."
Aeavenne kisses Aetammel tenderly on the cheek.

[Roll result: 184 (open d100: 29)]
Arku swings his damascened khopesh at Noira's blue shaalk claidhmore and connects!
Noira's blue shaalk claidhmore is knocked to the ground!

A ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore rises from the ground and flies back to Noira's waiting hand!

Arku raises an eyebrow.

Effany lets out a cheer!
Genivie winces.

Arku nods at Noira.

Aeavenne nods at Lylia.
Lylia bites her lip.

Noira nods at Arku.

Speaking in Faendryl, Effany exclaims, "Amazing!"
Speaking in Faendryl, you say, "Impressive."

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Arku!
Arku evades the attack by a hair!

(Arku circles slowly, his blades weaving before him.)
Noira looks determined and focused.
Noira spins about looking mighty stirred up!
Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Arku!
Arku evades the attack with ease!

[Roll result: 272 (open d100: 52)]
Arku crouches, sweeps a leg at Noira and connects!
Noira falls to the ground!  Arku deftly regains his footing.
Noira stands up.

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Arku!
  AS: +308 vs DS: +519 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +42 = -131
   A clean miss.

(Arku steps back.)

Noira laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.

Aeavenne agrees with Lylia.
Aeavenne nods at Mielle.
Aeavenne smiles.

[Roll result: 279 (open d100: 59)]
Arku raises his heel high, bringing it down solidly on Noira!
Noira bounces around distracted by the pain!

Genivie grins.
Darklyght applauds.
Darklyght smirks as a haughty expression flits across his face.

Speaking in Faendryl, Effany exclaims, "She laughs in the face of danger. A true hero!"
Effany raises her ruby red wine in a toast!

Noira no longer seems painfully distracted.

[Roll result: 261 (open d100: 41)]
Arku chops at Noira's throat with his khopesh!
Noira chokes silently unable to utter a sound!

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Arku!
Arku moves slightly, letting the attack pass harmlessly by!

Aeavenne surveys the area.
Lylia nods at Effany.

Arku leaps from hiding to attack!
Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at Noira!
Some forest green brigandine partially deflects the onslaught of the slashing attack.
  AS: +581 vs DS: +295 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +76 = +394
   ... and hits for 47 points of damage!
   Quick, powerful slash to Noira's right knee!
   She is knocked to the ground!
   She is stunned!
Arku swings a golvern-edged handaxe at Noira!
  AS: +588 vs DS: +219 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +67 = +468
   ... and hits for 76 points of damage!
   Hard blow breaks the femur!

Noira coughs harshly, clearing her throat.
Noira lets out a loud snarling growl and goes berserk!

Lylia gasps.
Aetammel winces.

Noira shakes off the stun and begins frothing at the mouth!
The berserker's rage leaves Noira's eyes.

Lewlong winces.
Genivie glances about with a look of concern on her face.

Noira stands up.
Edanthiel leans forward.
Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Hmm."

Noira frowns.
Noira turns around.

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Arku!
Arku skillfully dodges the attack!

Genivie leans forward and rests her chin in her hand, a thoughtful expression on her face.
Speaking in Faendryl, Mielle says, "She needs claws."

(Arku backs away, giving his opponent time to recover.)

Aeavenne grins at Mielle.

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Arku!
Arku skillfully dodges the attack!

Noira chuckles.

[Roll result: -2202 (open d100: 41)]
Noira attempts to kick dust at Arku, but she slips and lands on her rear.
Noira laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.
Noira stands up.

Mourne winces.
Malikaen leans back.
Genivie winces.

Speaking in Faendryl, Aetammel regretfully sighs, "She is hopelessly outclassed."
Speaking in Faendryl, Rantrul says, "She has spirit and determination."
Effany agrees with Rantrul.
Aeavenne agrees with Rantrul.
Mourne nods in agreement at Rantrul.
Veni takes a drink from her spiced agave wine.
Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia corrects, "Outmatched, perhaps. Never outclassed. She is competing well."

(Noira steps quickly into Arku's space, sweeping him to the grown in a swift move.)

Genivie agrees with Lylia.
Speaking in Faendryl, you say, "A loss is not necessarily a failure."

Arku falls over.

All of a sudden, Arku rolls hard to his side, and then leaps to his feet!
Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Arku!
  AS: +252 vs DS: +519 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +50 = -179
   A clean miss.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mourne murmurs, "That gift, at work again."
Mourne gives a sidelong glance at Aetammel.

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Arku!
Arku evades the attack by inches!

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Arku!
Arku moves at the last moment to evade the attack!

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Arku!
  AS: +252 vs DS: +519 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +19 = -210
   A clean miss.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mielle says, "Spirit and determination outclass skill, especially if that said skill is done without the forementioned."

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Arku!
At the last moment, Arku parries the blow with his handaxe!
Noira pushes on Arku without much success.

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Arku!
  AS: +308 vs DS: +519 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +2 = -171
   A clean miss.
Surprisingly, Noira manages to effortlessly reverse her momentum and strike again!

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Arku!
Arku moves at the last moment to evade the attack!

Cyphier smiles.
Effany lets out a cheer!

(Noira takes a knee.)
Noira kneels down.

Speaking in Faendryl, Rantrul casually says, "Everyone can learn how to kill. It takes more than that to protect a summoner."

With a sudden cross-body motion toward his swordbelt, Arku sheathes his khopesh and handaxe.

Arku bows to Noira.

Noira smiles at Arku.


Schalyne nods.

Aeavenne agrees with Rantrul.
Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Hmm."
Genivie ponders.

Noira put a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore in her indigo sack.

Lylia nods at Rantrul.

Noira stands up.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Honor shown."

Lylia applauds.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "And determination."

Edanthiel applauds.
Rantrul nods appreciatively.
Effany stands up.
Divyne applauds.
Effany applauds.
You applaud.
Malikaen applauds.
Lewlong applauds.
Mielle applauds.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Well fought."

Genivie applauds.
Speaking in Faendryl, Lewlong says, "Well done."
Lewlong nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Aeavenne casually comments, "I still think hey should drop a demon into the mix."

Aeavenne appears to be trying hard not to grin.
Effany walks over to the seat and settles down.
Mielle raises her hand.

Speaking in Faendryl, Demyse quietly remarks, "Despite all which was spoken .. She held on to her patience. That was her greatest strength against all."

Speaking in Faendryl, Cyphier says, "AS well as restraint on his part."

Speaking in Faendryl, Mielle says, "I volunteer."

Aeavenne blinks at Mielle.
Noira nods in agreement at Arku.

Speaking in Faendryl, Effany says, "And her courage."

Darklyght agrees with Cyphier.

Speaking in Faendryl to Aeavenne, Aetammel suggests, "Perhaps that will be the second round."

Speaking in Faendryl, Effany says, "She never wavered."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "We do not know what the rest of the evening holds."

Veni nods in agreement.

Speaking in Faendryl, Edanthiel says, "There will be three opponents per candidate. It could still happen."

Schalyne indicates the portal.

(Noira glances down at the spot where her leg should be.)
Noira nods once.
Lady Noira just went out.

Speaking in Faendryl, Aeavenne softly adds, "As long as that magicked wall holds."

Arku bows to Schalyne.

Lady Noira just arrived.

Arku just went out.

Blade Schalyne just went out.

Aeavenne applauds Noira.
Mourne glances at Noira.
Effany applauds Noira.
Malikaen applauds Noira.
Cyphier agrees with Noira.
Veni applauds.

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Noira, Aeavenne asks, "Would you care for healing?"
Rantrul looks thoughtfully at Noira.
Noira nods at Aeavenne.
Divyne applauds Noira.
Aeavenne touches Noira.
Lylia applauds Noira.

Speaking humbly in Faendryl to Noira, Raegn states, "Outstanding attempt."

Speaking in Faendryl to Noira, Effany exclaims, "Courage and honor personified!"

You praise Noira.

Effany raises her ruby red wine in a toast!

[Academy Nexus, Viewing Box]
Rows of cushioned seats fill viewing boxes that are arranged all around a large arena.  Beautifully embroidered canopies are pulled back allowing the moonlight to bath the area in a pale glow.  A shimmering wall of magical energy protects each booth while still giving a clear view of the trial space.
Also here: Lady Noira, Lady Aeavenne who is kneeling, Malikaen who is sitting, Lord Demyse who is sitting, Mourne, Melivn who is sitting, Yenko who is sitting, Matriarch Berkana who is sitting, Effany who is sitting, Sorsil who is sitting, Rantrul, Melikor who is sitting, Mielle who is kneeling, Lady Lylia who is sitting, Edanthiel who is sitting, Raegn, Genivie who is sitting, Darklyght who is sitting, Iraon who is sitting, Lady Veni who is sitting, Aetammel who is sitting, Cyphier who is sitting, Lewlong who is sitting, Divyne who is sitting
Obvious paths: west

Edanthiel turns to Noira and cheers!
Aeavenne meditates over Noira.
Aeavenne takes Noira's right leg damage.

Speaking appreciatively in Faendryl to Noira, Rantrul says, "Well done, silent one."

Noira curtsies.

Noira kisses Aeavenne tenderly on the cheek.

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Noira, Aeavenne says, "You are doing well."

Lady Noira just went west.

Aeavenne smiles.
Aeavenne glances down.
Speaking softly in Faendryl to herself, Aeavenne says, "Good thing I wore red."
Aeavenne picks idly at a pair of despanal-hued bourde stockings banded at the thigh with ebon lace.

Speaking in Faendryl to Aeavenne, Lylia says, "I see now why you so often wear it."
Aeavenne grins at Lylia.

Lylia surveys the area.

Durakar v. Aurach

Blade Schalyne just arrived.

Durakar just arrived.

The trumpets call out announcing a second match.

Aurach bows.

Holding the edge of his wayfarer's cloak, Durakar bows deeply with a flourish.

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Durakar, Aurach says, "'All glory the Patriarch."

Aurach removes the hood of his greatcloak, revealing his features.

Speaking in Faendryl to Aurach, Durakar says, "All glory the Patriarch."
Durakar nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Candidate Aurach and Candidate Durakar."

Aurach turns an inquisitive ear toward Schalyne.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne exclaims, "Glory and Honor to the Patriarch!"

Genivie casually observes her surroundings.
Lylia whispers something to Aeavenne.
Aeavenne agrees with Lylia.
Darklyght grins.

Schalyne bows towards a box with a man in shimmering robes.
Schalyne nods.

Schalyne takes a few steps back.

Schalyne nods to each candidate.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "As you will."

Durakar removes a rolaren war mattock with a long haft wrapped with stitched-together wolf pelts from in his scaled travel pack.

Aurach removes an ancient elven waraxe with shadowy black elven runes scrawled upon the blade from in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Aurach removes a matte black kelyn hatchet with shadowy swarms of insects etched into the blade from in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at Durakar.
Nothing happens.

Durakar glances at Aurach.

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at Durakar.
Durakar seems to be distracted by something.

Durakar swings a rolaren war mattock at Aurach!
Aurach skillfully dodges the attack!

(Aurach circles warily.)

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at Durakar.
A faint buzzing sound begins then grows louder as a small dark cloud forms and begins to move about wildly!
The swarm zips behind Durakar and charges into him, knocking him to the ground!
The droning insects split into several smaller swarms, making it difficult for Durakar to defend.

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at Durakar.
A long thorny vine suddenly sprouts from the ground and begins to thrash about violently!
The long thorny vine lashes out at Durakar, but is unable to grasp him.
The droning insects split into several smaller swarms, making it difficult for Durakar to defend.

(Durakar slides one leg past the other, stalking around the arena.)

The swarm masses furiously in front of Durakar, obscuring his vision.
The long thorny vine lashes out at Durakar, but is unable to grasp him.
Aurach leans to his left slightly.

The swarm masses furiously in front of Durakar, obscuring his vision.

Aurach put an ancient elven waraxe with shadowy black elven runes scrawled upon the blade in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Aurach removes a twisted illthorn scepter with ridged branches caging a rondure of green amber from in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
The long thorny vine lashes out at Durakar, but is unable to grasp him.
The swarm darts forward and quickly retreats, drawing Durakar's attention.

Aurach gestures at Durakar.
A sudden burst of bright light emanates from Aurach's hand right in Durakar's face!
  CS: +482 - TD: +401 + CvA: -27 + d100: +78 - -5 == +137
  Warding failed!
Durakar reels and stumbles under the intense flare of light!

The swarm masses furiously in front of Durakar, obscuring his vision.

Aurach nods slowly.

The long thorny vine lashes out at Durakar, but is unable to grasp him.
Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at Durakar.
  CS: +394 - TD: +401 + CvA: -27 + d100: +69 - -5 == +40
  Warded off!
Durakar blinks a few times, regaining a sense of balance.

The swarm attacks Durakar savagely, inflicting venomous bites!

Aurach snaps his fingers.
The long thorny vine lashes out at Durakar, but is unable to grasp him.

Durakar struggles to stand, but fails.

The swarm is unable to make an attack on Durakar.

Durakar stands up.

A shimmering aura surrounds Durakar.

The long thorny vine lashes out at Durakar, but is unable to grasp him.

The swarm finds an opening in Durakar's defenses and attacks mercilessly!

A faint blue glow surrounds Durakar's hands.

Aurach put a twisted illthorn scepter with ridged branches caging a rondure of green amber in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Aurach removes an ancient elven waraxe with shadowy black elven runes scrawled upon the blade from in his myklian scale swordbelt.

The swarm masses furiously in front of Durakar, obscuring his vision.

The long thorny vine lashes out at Durakar, but is unable to grasp him.
The swarm assaults Durakar from all sides, its droning creating a noisy distraction.

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "Love that waraxe."

Durakar is enraged by Aurach's attack!
[Roll result: 160 (open d100: 78)]
Aurach swings his elven waraxe at Durakar's rolaren war mattock and connects!
Durakar's rolaren war mattock is knocked to the ground!

Berkana chuckles.

The swarm continues to attack Durakar with its venomous bites.

A rolaren war mattock with a long haft wrapped with stitched-together wolf pelts rises from the ground and flies back to Durakar's waiting hand!

The long thorny vine lashes out at Durakar, but is unable to grasp him.
Aurach put a matte black kelyn hatchet with shadowy swarms of insects etched into the blade in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Aurach put an ancient elven waraxe with shadowy black elven runes scrawled upon the blade in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Aeavenne agrees with Berkana.

Aurach removes an ancient elven waraxe with shadowy black elven runes scrawled upon the blade from in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Lylia nods at Berkana.

The swarm assaults Durakar from all sides, its droning creating a noisy distraction.

Aurach removes a matte black kelyn hatchet with shadowy swarms of insects etched into the blade from in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Mourne looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs.

Durakar winks and flashes a sly grin.

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "Ooo... disarmed."

Aurach winks.

The long thorny vine lashes out at Durakar, but is unable to grasp him.

The swarm forms into a sphere and surrounds Durakar, forcing him to the ground.

The swarm masses furiously in front of Durakar, obscuring his vision.
Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...

Aurach gestures.
An invisible force guides Aurach.

Durakar no longer seems distracted.

The long thorny vine lashes out at Durakar, but is unable to grasp him.

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures.
Aurach blends into invisibility among the surroundings.

The swarm is unable to make an attack on Durakar.

Durakar stands up.

The swarm masses furiously in front of Durakar, obscuring his vision.
Aurach leaps from hiding to attack!
Aurach swings an ancient elven waraxe at Durakar!
  AS: +780 vs DS: +423 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +16 = +396
   ... and hits for 44 points of damage!
   Wild downward slash severs Durakar's left foot!
   Bloody stump, anyone?
Durakar screams and falls to the ground grasping his mangled left leg!
   He is stunned!
Aurach swings a matte black kelyn hatchet at Durakar!
  AS: +662 vs DS: +374 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +22 = +333
   ... and hits for 29 points of damage!
   Slash to Durakar's chest!
   Breathe deep, it'll feel better in a minute.
The long thorny vine lashes out at Durakar, but is unable to grasp him.

Raegn leans forward.

Aeavenne winces.

The swarm masses furiously in front of Durakar, obscuring his vision.

Lylia bites her lip.
Effany winces.

The long thorny vine lashes out at Durakar, but is unable to grasp him.
The swarm masses furiously in front of Durakar, obscuring his vision.

Aurach bows to Durakar.

Rantrul gives a short little hum of surprise.

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at Durakar.
The glazed look leaves Durakar.

The swarm masses furiously in front of Durakar, obscuring his vision.

Genivie grins.

Aurach pulls Durakar to his feet.

The long thorny vine lashes out at Durakar, but is unable to grasp him.

Berkana chuckles.
The swarm forms into a sphere and surrounds Durakar, forcing him to the ground.

Genivie nods slowly.
Mourne nods approvingly.
Genivie smiles.

The swarm masses furiously in front of Durakar, obscuring his vision.

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "He's so polite."

(Aurach strides back and turns and waits.)

Berkana chuckles.

The long thorny vine lashes out at Durakar, but is unable to grasp him.
Aurach nods at Durakar.

The swarm masses furiously in front of Durakar, obscuring his vision.
With a motion of his hand, Aurach disperses his insect swarm and the buzzing fades.

Edanthiel agrees with Berkana.

The long thorny vine lashes out at Durakar, but is unable to grasp him.
The long thorny vine suddenly stops moving, drops to the ground, and dissolves away.

Aurach pulls Durakar to his feet.

Berkana gazes up into the heavens.

Aurach stares at Durakar, tapping his foot impatiently as he waits.

Durakar shrugs.

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "I would leave them down on the ground."
Berkana chuckles.
Berkana takes a drink from her ruby red wine.

Speaking in Faendryl, Darklyght softly says, "I'm glad I was not born a demon."

Speaking in Faendryl, Mielle ponders, "I wonder what candidate blood tastes like."

Speaking in Faendryl, Aurach softly asks, "Again?"

Lylia chuckles.

Speaking in Faendryl, Darklyght softly says, "I'd tremble to face him."

Durakar takes a deep breath.

Durakar slowly empties his lungs.

Aurach nods at Durakar.

Durakar nods.

Durakar swings a rolaren war mattock at Aurach!
Aurach moves at the last moment to evade the attack!

Aeavenne takes a moment to observe Mielle.

Aurach put a matte black kelyn hatchet with shadowy swarms of insects etched into the blade in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Aurach put an ancient elven waraxe with shadowy black elven runes scrawled upon the blade in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Aurach removes an ancient rolaren longblade from in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Aurach removes an ancient rolaren-edged longknife from in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Aurach swings an ancient rolaren longblade at Durakar!
At the last moment, Durakar parries the blow with his mattock!
Aurach swings an ancient rolaren-edged longknife at Durakar!
Suddenly, starlit darkness engulfs Durakar and he vanishes, reappearing several feet away instantaneously!
  AS: +644 vs DS: +339 with AvD: +7 + d100 roll: +60 = +372
   ... and hits for 16 points of damage!
   Jarring blow to Durakar's back.

Durakar swings a rolaren war mattock at Aurach!
  AS: +542 vs DS: +681 with AvD: +43 + d100 roll: +87 = -9
   A clean miss.

Aurach looks determined and focused.
In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Aurach engages Durakar in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
Aurach swings an ancient rolaren longblade at Durakar!
In the nick of time, Durakar interposes his rolaren war mattock between himself and the blow!
Aurach swings an ancient rolaren-edged longknife at Durakar!
  AS: +644 vs DS: +331 with AvD: +7 + d100 roll: +68 = +388
   ... and hits for 18 points of damage!
   Minor puncture to the chest.
Aurach swings an ancient rolaren longblade at Durakar!
  AS: +647 vs DS: +331 with AvD: +17 + d100 roll: +41 = +374
   ... and hits for 21 points of damage!
   Gash to Durakar's left eyebrow.
   That'll be a shiner by morning!
   He is stunned!
Aurach swings an ancient rolaren-edged longknife at Durakar!
  AS: +644 vs DS: +295 with AvD: +7 + d100 roll: +29 = +385
   ... and hits for 18 points of damage!
   Minor puncture to the back.
 ** Durakar's incarnadine platemail releases a twisted tendril of force at Aurach! **

   ... 5 points of damage!
   Loose wrist lock.
Aurach swings an ancient rolaren longblade at Durakar!
Stupefied, Durakar blocks the attack by blind luck!
Aurach swings an ancient rolaren-edged longknife at Durakar!
Suddenly, starlit darkness engulfs Durakar and he vanishes, reappearing several feet away instantaneously!
  AS: +644 vs DS: +295 with AvD: +7 + d100 roll: +51 = +407
   ... and hits for 16 points of damage!
   Strike to right hand breaks a fingernail!
 * Durakar drops dead at your feet!

The silvery luminescence fades from around Durakar.
The shimmering aura fades from around Durakar.
The powerful look leaves Durakar.
Durakar seems to lose some dexterity.
A subtle light fades from Durakar's eyes.
Durakar appears to lose some internal strength.
The brilliant aura fades away from Durakar.
The air about Durakar stops shimmering.
Durakar becomes solid again.
Durakar returns to normal color.
Darkness punctuated by a constellation of starry pinpoints wells up around Durakar and splinters away with a sound like shattering crystal.
Durakar seems a bit less imposing.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around Durakar.
The faint blue glow fades from around Durakar's hands.
The bright luminescence fades from around Durakar.
The deep blue glow leaves Durakar.
Durakar seems to lose an aura of confidence.
Durakar seems to lose some internal strength.
Durakar becomes unbalanced for a second, then recovers.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding Durakar suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
Durakar appears less confident.
The light blue glow leaves Durakar.
Durakar seems slightly different.
A white glow rushes away from Durakar.

Aeavenne gasps.

Aurach winces.

Genivie nods.

Edanthiel winces.

Mourne raises an eyebrow.

Genivie nods firmly.

Lylia places a hand over her heart.

Edanthiel leans forward.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "Well, that was emphatic."

Darklyght blinks.

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "Good match."

Lewlong takes a drink from his rich auburn port.
Lewlong looks rather relaxed.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mielle says, "That had to hurt a bit."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lewlong says, "Well then."

Mourne nods in agreement.

Berkana takes a drink from her ruby red wine.

Speaking in Faendryl, Aeavenne softly asks, "May I go down to help?"
Speaking in Faendryl, Aeavenne softly asks, "Or do they have healers on staff?"

Aurach swings an ancient rolaren longblade at Durakar!
Durakar evades the attack by a hair!

Aurach swings an ancient rolaren-edged longknife at Durakar!
Durakar moves at the last moment to evade the attack!

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "I'm sure the trainers have it in hand..."
Berkana shrugs.

Speaking in Faendryl, Aeavenne softly says, "Of course."

Aurach coughs.

Effany squints.

Aurach put an ancient rolaren longblade in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach put an ancient rolaren-edged longknife in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Aeavenne moves to a sitting position and scoots next to Lylia.

Aurach bows to Durakar.

Schalyne nods.

Speaking in Faendryl to Aeavenne, Mielle says, "I was about to ask if you could save me a taste, too."
Aeavenne grins at Mielle.

Durakar bows to Aurach.

Durakar raises his rolaren war mattock overhead in salute.

Lylia nods at Edanthiel.

(Aurach turns and bows to the box.)

Melikor applauds.
Aeavenne glances down.
Malikaen applauds.
Effany applauds.
Darklyght rises to his feet while applauding!
Mourne applauds politely.
Berkana applauds.
Mielle applauds.
You applaud loudly.
Genivie applauds politely.
Lylia applauds.
Darklyght applauds loudly.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "When faced with a deadly situation, we sometimes make the sacrifice."

Speaking in Faendryl, Effany exclaims, "A good match!"

(Durakar turns and bows towards the box.)

Berkana yells in Faendryl, "A very nice challenge!"

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "We are the last defense of our House."

Aurach turns an inquisitive ear toward Schalyne.

Mielle grins at Aeavenne.

Aeavenne winks at Mielle.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "And pressing to the end is also a trait well admired."

Darklyght adopts an agreeable expression.

Schalyne indicates the portal.
Schalyne bows.
Durakar just went out.
Blade Schalyne just went out.

Phase 2

Speaking in Faendryl, Rantrul remarks, "The first battle was more impressive."

Speaking in Faendryl, Aeavenne softly says, "I rather thought both matches were remarkable. I should not wish to face any of them in battle, I think."

Speaking in Faendryl to Rantrul, Mielle says, "It was more graceful."

Divyne agrees with Mielle.
You nod at Mielle.

Speaking in Faendryl to Aeavenne, Rantrul says, "Both were quite remarkable, but I think witnessing spirit and personality are more important than skill."

Aeavenne agrees with Rantrul.

Speaking in Faendryl, Rantrul wryly says, "But what do I know."

Speaking in Faendryl, Darklyght softly says, "I think I may have learned more from observing those battles than in any day of training."

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana asks, "Are we waiting for more?"
Berkana raises an eyebrow.

Darklyght agrees with Berkana.
You nod at Berkana.

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Berkana, Darklyght says, "The first of three rounds, we've been told."

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "Definitely need more drink."
Raising her arms slightly, Berkana arches her back and gently lets her head rock back.

Speaking in Faendryl to Aetammel, Rantrul says, "Say, are you still sharing absinthe? One hit the spot, two would hit it better."

(Mielle's tail twitches idly as she waits, glancing around the room to watch everyone else.)

Aetammel grins at Rantrul.
Aetammel removes a flask of Faendryl absinthe from in his black silk cloak.
Aetammel offers Rantrul a flask of Faendryl absinthe.
Rantrul accepts Aetammel's Faendryl absinthe.

Noira v. Mishrac

Mishrac walks in.

Speaking appreciatively in Faendryl to Aetammel, Rantrul says, "Thank you."

Lady Noira just arrived.

Noira curtsies to Mishrac.

Mishrac bows.

Mishrac slings an ebon mithril shield off from over his shoulder.
Rantrul turns to face a shimmering wall.

Noira removes a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore from in her indigo sack.

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "Here we go."

Mishrac removes a dark bladed falcata from in his leather sheath.

Aeavenne bites her lip.
Effany leans forward.

Noira takes a few steps back.

s>profile mishrac

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Name: Blade Mishrac Faendryl
Profession: Warrior
Title: Palestra
Race: Dark Elf   Gender: Male

Mishrac takes a few steps back.

(Noira watches Mishrac carefully, gauging muscles and focus.)

Mishrac bows with his blade forward.

Mishrac concentrates deeply for a moment.

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "May all experience good challenges."

(Noira circles slowly.)

Speaking in Faendryl, Rantrul curiously asks, "Candidates against each other, now candidates against Blades?"

Mishrac strides to the right.

Noira takes a few steps to her left.

You nod.

Noira glances at Mishrac.

Mishrac moves more quickly, his feet dancing in the arena as she shifts position.

Speaking in Faendryl, Edanthiel asks, "Or perhaps ones still in training?"

Noira turns to face Mishrac.

Malikaen blinks.

Noira takes a deep breath.

Mishrac seems a bit weaker than before.

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Mishrac!
Mishrac evades the attack by inches!

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia murmurs, "The latter, I believe."

Noira inclines her head.

Mishrac nods.

Noira takes a few steps to her right.

Mishrac concentrates deeply for a moment.

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Mishrac!
Mishrac evades the attack with ease!

Mishrac swings a dark bladed falcata at Noira!
Some forest green brigandine partially deflects the onslaught of the slashing attack.
  AS: +309 vs DS: +285 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +69 = +125
   ... and hits for 4 points of damage!
   Weak slash across chest!
   Slightly less painful than heartburn.

Aeavenne winces.

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Mishrac!
With extreme effort, Mishrac blocks the attack with his shield!
Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Mishrac!
Mishrac barely dodges the attack!

Mishrac moves quickly to one side.

Speaking in Faendryl, Effany exclaims, "Tis but a scratch!"
Aeavenne leans forward.

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Mishrac!
With blinding speed, Mishrac blocks the attack with his shield!

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "A 'remember me' kiss from the falcata."

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Mishrac!
Mishrac barely dodges the attack!

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Mishrac!
By amazing chance, Mishrac evades the attack!

Mishrac spins his sword about, twisting and turning his body.

(Effany chuckles, causing her chins to jiggle.)

Noira walks toward Mishrac.

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Mishrac!
Mishrac evades the attack with ease!

Noira put a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore in her indigo sack.
Noira attempts to jab Mishrac!
  UAF: 302 vs UDF: 697 = 0.433 * MM: 41 + d100: 63 = 80
  A close miss!

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "Big weapon for such a lithe elf."

Noira removes a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore from in her indigo sack.

Noira chuckles.

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Mishrac!
Mishrac evades the attack by a hair!

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Mishrac!
Mishrac barely manages to block the attack with his shield!
Mishrac seems a bit weaker than before.

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Mishrac!
Mishrac easily blocks the attack with his mithril shield!

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "You have leaned much in your short years."

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Mishrac!
Mishrac dodges just in the nick of time!

Noira's cheeks flush with a deep shade of red.
Noira nods slowly.

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Mishrac!
With extreme effort, Mishrac blocks the attack with his shield!
Surprisingly, Noira manages to effortlessly reverse her momentum and strike again!

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Mishrac!
Mishrac dodges just in the nick of time!

Noira shakes her head.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "Your forms are practiced."

Noira takes a few steps back.
Noira cocks her head at Mishrac.

Speaking quietly in Faendryl to Aeavenne, Lylia says, "She is acquitting herself well."

[Roll result: 295 (open d100: 109)]
Mishrac swings his bladed falcata at Noira's blue shaalk claidhmore and connects!
Noira's blue shaalk claidhmore is knocked to the ground!
Aeavenne glances up.
A ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore rises from the ground and flies back to Noira's waiting hand!

Mielle adopts an agreeable expression.

(Noira circles around, darting in quickly.)

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Mishrac!
Mishrac dodges just in the nick of time!

Mishrac nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "Quick."

Noira points at Mishrac.
Mishrac swings a dark bladed falcata at Noira!
Some forest green brigandine partially deflects the onslaught of the slashing attack.
  AS: +299 vs DS: +293 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +92 = +130
   ... and hits for 4 points of damage!
   Weak slash across chest!
   Slightly less painful than heartburn.

Noira nods in agreement.

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Mishrac!
Mishrac moves at the last moment to evade the attack!

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Mishrac!
Mishrac gracefully avoids the attack!

Noira swings a ruby-hilted blue shaalk claidhmore at Mishrac!
Mishrac skillfully dodges the attack!

Noira shakes her head.
(Noira takes a knee again.)
Noira kneels down.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "Stand."

Noira stands up.
Noira turns to face Mishrac.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "There is no shame in your swordwork."

Noira smiles.

Mishrac indicated the portal.

Mishrac bows to Noira.

Noira curtsies to Mishrac.

Lady Noira just went out.

You applaud.
Mourne ponders.
Genivie applauds politely.
Mourne applauds politely.
Malikaen applauds.
Darklyght applauds politely.
Aeavenne applauds with enthusiasm, seemingly oblivious to her surroundings.
Demyse applauds.
Yenko applauds.
Mielle applauds politely.

Arku v. Mishrac

Arku just arrived.
Arku turns to face Mishrac.
Mishrac bows to Arku.

Arku bows to Mishrac.

With a sudden cross-body motion, Arku draws both the handaxe and the khopesh from his swordbelt.

Mishrac makes a display of his weapon.

Berkana applauds.

Mishrac slowly begins to circle Arku.

(Arku sways back in forth as he assumes Tree in the Wind, his blades held before him defensively.)

Mishrac begins to spin and whirl in a dizzying display of blade and shield.

(Arku shifts to left into a roll as he completes Boulder on the Move.)

Arku tucks his chin towards his chest and falls to the ground in an elegant roll.  He tumbles smoothly and springs to his feet, ready for action!

(Arku crouches low into Leopard Stalks its Prey, his blades held in a downward slant before him as he silently circles his intended target.)

Mishrac nods approvingly.

[Roll result: 16 (open d100: 29)]
Arku swings his damascened khopesh at Mishrac's bladed falcata and connects!
Arku fails to knock the falcata away!

Arku nods.

Mishrac continues to circle his blade and shield moving together.
Mishrac concentrates deeply for a moment.

(Arku smoothly assumes Abyran'sa in the Abyss, as he rises onto the balls of his feet, his blades held horizontally above his head.)

Speaking in Faendryl, Aeavenne admiringly says, "Oh he has a wonderful form."

[Roll result: 105 (open d100: 28)]
Arku raises his heel high, bringing it down solidly on Mishrac!
Mishrac bounces around distracted by the pain!

Lylia nods in agreement.

Mishrac no longer seems painfully distracted.

Lylia applauds.
Genivie adopts an agreeable expression.

[Roll result: 81 (open d100: 94)]
Arku swings his damascened khopesh at Mishrac's bladed falcata and connects!
Arku fails to knock the falcata away!
Mishrac swings a dark bladed falcata at Arku!
  AS: +515 vs DS: +509 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +86 = +124
   ... and hits for 3 points of damage!
   Glancing blow to Arku's back.
   That could have been more effective.

(Arku nods approvingly.)

[Roll result: 142 (open d100: 65)]
Arku crouches, sweeps a leg at Mishrac and connects!
Mishrac falls to the ground!  Arku deftly regains his footing.
Mishrac stands up.

(Arku steps back and waits.)

Arku nods at Mishrac.

Mishrac nods.
Mishrac seems a bit weaker than before.

Mishrac concentrates deeply for a moment.

(Arku sheathes his blades and raises one foot while balancing on the other, his arms akimbo.  Launching himself upward into a front somersault, he draws his blades and spins into Crow in the Cornfield.)

Arku leaps from hiding to attack!
Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at Mishrac!
  AS: +596 vs DS: +391 with AvD: +27 + d100 roll: +42 = +274
   ... and hits for 23 points of damage!
   Right kneecap smashed into pulp.
   He is knocked to the ground!
   He is stunned!
Arku swings a golvern-edged handaxe at Mishrac!
  AS: +603 vs DS: +318 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +84 = +398
   ... and hits for 43 points of damage!
   Right leg ripped from socket at the knee!

Aeavenne's jaw drops.
Lylia gasps.
Darklyght smirks as a haughty expression flits across his face.
Effany raises an eyebrow.
Edanthiel lets out a cheer!
Aeavenne fans herself.
You smile.

(Arku steps back, sheathing his weapons in honor to the master.)

Mishrac struggles to stand, but fails.

With a sudden cross-body motion toward his swordbelt, Arku sheathes his khopesh and handaxe.

Mishrac moves to a kneeling position.

Arku bows to Mishrac.

Mishrac grunts.
Mishrac stands up.

Speaking in Faendryl, Raegn serenely remarks, "Curious."

Mishrac swings a dark bladed falcata at Arku!
Arku barely dodges the attack!

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia appreciatively says, "Well now."
Arku comes out of hiding.
With a sudden cross-body motion, Arku draws both the handaxe and the khopesh from his swordbelt.

Mishrac swings a dark bladed falcata at Arku!
With blinding speed, Arku dodges the attack!

Mishrac swings a dark bladed falcata at Arku!
Arku evades the attack by inches!

Arku concentrates deeply for a moment.

(Arku crouches low into Leopard Stalks its Prey, his blades held in a downward slant before him as he silently circles his intended target.)

Mishrac seems a bit weaker than before.
Mishrac moves to the left.
Mishrac concentrates deeply for a moment.

Speaking in Faendryl, Aeavenne softly says, "I wish I were a Summoner, that is one I would be quick to hire."
Aeavenne appears to be trying hard not to grin.

Lylia nods.

Darklyght winks at Aeavenne.

Mishrac lunges forward at Arku with his mithril shield and attempts a shield bash!
[Roll result: -77 (open d100: 15)]
Arku deftly avoids the shield bash.

Aeavenne flashes a wide grin.
Speaking in Faendryl to Aeavenne, Mielle asks, "Who says you need to be a Summoner?"
Mielle grins at Aeavenne.

Arku leaps from hiding to attack!
Arku swings a golvern-edged handaxe at Mishrac!
  AS: +619 vs DS: +333 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +66 = +381
   ... and hits for 39 points of damage!
   Lucky shot severs right hand and sends it flying.
   He is stunned!
Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at Mishrac!
  AS: +591 vs DS: +261 with AvD: +27 + d100 roll: +88 = +445
   ... and hits for 52 points of damage!
   Hard slash to Mishrac's side opens his spleen!
 * Mishrac drops dead at your feet!

The deep blue glow leaves Mishrac.
Deep blue motes swirl away from Mishrac and fade.
Mishrac seems to lose some dexterity.
The light blue glow leaves Mishrac.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding Mishrac suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around Mishrac.
Mishrac seems a bit less imposing.
The silvery luminescence fades from around Mishrac.
The bright luminescence fades from around Mishrac.

Aeavenne's jaw drops.
Melikor winces.
Edanthiel lets out a cheer!
Effany gasps.
Arku gasps.

Speaking in Faendryl, Melikor says, "Oooh."

Demyse smiles.
Lylia places a hand over her heart.
Aeavenne winces.

Speaking in Faendryl, Demyse quietly states, "Outstanding."

Arku seems a bit weaker than before.
With a sudden cross-body motion toward his swordbelt, Arku sheathes his khopesh and handaxe.

Arku bows to Mishrac.

Darklyght applauds loudly.
Malikaen applauds loudly.
Melikor applauds.
Yenko applauds.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "Well met."
Mishrac nods.

You applaud.
Demyse agrees with Yenko.
Lylia applauds loudly.
Divyne applauds loudly.
Genivie grins.
Genivie applauds.

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Mishrac, Arku says, "Well fought."

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Mishrac, Arku says, "Your shield is intimidating."

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "You have skill that will see you far."

Speaking in Faendryl, Mielle mutters, "All that wasted blood could be in my wine glass."

Arku bows to Mishrac.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "You have a way with the shadows."

Arku inclines his head.

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Mishrac, Arku says, "I have much to learn."

Mishrac nods to the portal.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "You will."

(Arku bows to the box.)

Arku bows to Mishrac.
Arku turns around.
Arku just went out.

Aeavenne slowly empties her lungs.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia remarks, "Makes the Wehnimerian mayoral elections look rather tame, I think."

Berkana begins chuckling at Lylia!
Aeavenne grins at Lylia.

Speaking in Faendryl to Lylia, Mielle says, "This is far more interesting."

(Effany laughs loudly, her chins waggling in response.)

Speaking in Faendryl, Aeavenne softly says, "Perhaps we should suggest they apply a similar format. It might make them more interesting."

Cyphier grins at Aeavenne.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "In general, yes -- but I do enjoy a good debate. Metaphorical blood is more to my tastes."

Lylia flashes a quick grin.

Speaking in Faendryl, Demyse quietly says, "The weak have a way of solving their own problems. The Wehnimerian will be no different."

Speaking in Faendryl to Aeavenne, Lylia says, "Given some of the people who are considering a run, it may come to that."

Speaking in Faendryl to Lylia, Mielle says, "It does have a different taste."

Mielle grins.
Lylia winks at Mielle.
Aeavenne laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement from Lylia.

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana asks, "Who's tossed their names in so far?"
Berkana glances at Aeavenne.

Speaking in Faendryl, Cyphier says, "Were it decided in that fashion they may produce a more effective leader."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "Oh, I have just heard a few rumors here and there."

Berkana nods at Lylia.
Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana asks, "Pup make a second go at it?"
Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "That, I do not know."

Durakar v. Mishrac

Durakar just arrived.

Mishrac bows with his sword forward.

Durakar raises his rolaren war mattock overhead in salute.

Mishrac concentrates deeply for a moment.

Darklyght nods respectfully.

Mishrac slowly begins to circle to the left.

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Berkana, Aeavenne says, "I honestly don't follow Landing politics. ::she traces the tips of her fingers across the ugly scar on her throat:: There are a few too many Imperials about for my taste these days."

Speaking in Faendryl to Lylia, Berkana says, "I always enjoy your sardonic humor."

(Durakar warily watches Mishrac, his mattock held at the ready.)

Lylia inclines her head.

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "Durakar is up."

Mishrac keeps moving, not taking his eyes from Durakar.

Mishrac seems a bit weaker than before.
Mishrac concentrates deeply for a moment.

Durakar swings a rolaren war mattock at Mishrac!
Amazingly, Mishrac manages to block the attack with his shield!

Mishrac lunges forward at Durakar with his mithril shield and attempts a shield bash!
[Roll result: 69 (open d100: 83)]
Durakar deftly avoids the shield bash.

Mishrac continues moving about the arena.
[Roll result: -32 (open d100: 27)]
Durakar swings his rolaren war mattock at Mishrac's bladed falcata but fails to connect!
Mishrac swings a dark bladed falcata at Durakar!
  AS: +502 vs DS: +410 with AvD: +21 + d100 roll: +98 = +211
   ... and hits for 10 points of damage!
   Blow raises a welt on Durakar's right arm.

A shimmering aura surrounds Durakar.
A faint blue glow surrounds Durakar's hands.

Mishrac seems a bit weaker than before.
Durakar swings a rolaren war mattock at Mishrac!
Mishrac evades the attack by inches!
Surprisingly, Durakar manages to effortlessly reverse his momentum and strike again!

Durakar swings a rolaren war mattock at Mishrac!
Amazingly, Mishrac manages to block the attack with his shield!

Mishrac lunges forward at Durakar with his mithril shield and attempts a shield bash!
[Roll result: 108 (open d100: 7)]
Mishrac lashes out with a feeble shield bash, but Durakar manages to partially avoid it.
   ... 7 points of damage!
   Torn muscle in Durakar's right leg!

Durakar swings a rolaren war mattock at Mishrac!
Amazingly, Mishrac manages to block the attack with his shield!

Durakar points his rolaren war mattock at Mishrac, taunting him.

Twin incarnadine flames erupt from within Durakar's eyes as matching flames lick along his skull-shaped greathelm.  Heavy black smoke billows forth from its maw, sinuously snaking up and curling around the ivory horns before dissipating into the ether.  As quickly as it began, the flames are snuffed out, leaving just the hint of sulfur in the air before that too slips away.

Mishrac concentrates deeply for a moment.

Durakar swings a rolaren war mattock at Mishrac!
Amazingly, Mishrac manages to block the attack with his shield!

Mishrac swings a dark bladed falcata at Durakar!
  AS: +301 vs DS: +705 with AvD: +21 + d100 roll: +1 = -382
   A clean miss.

Durakar swings a rolaren war mattock at Mishrac!
In the nick of time, Mishrac interposes his mithril shield between himself and the attack!

Speaking in Faendryl, Effany says, "Fire eyes. That's something you don't see every day."
Aeavenne blinks.

Durakar swings a rolaren war mattock at Mishrac!
  AS: +537 vs DS: +600 with AvD: +44 + d100 roll: +3 = -16
   A clean miss.

Lylia nods at Effany.

Speaking in Faendryl, Edanthiel says, "It looks like it would hurt."

Mishrac swings a dark bladed falcata at Durakar!
Durakar skillfully deflects the attack with his mattock!
Mishrac nods.

Effany agrees with Edanthiel.
Mielle looks over at Aeavenne and shakes her head.
Yenko leans forward.

Durakar takes a deep breath.
Durakar swings a rolaren war mattock at Mishrac!
Mishrac moves at the last moment to evade the attack!

Mishrac continues to watch Durakar as he moves, his feet never still.
Mishrac lunges forward at Durakar with his mithril shield and attempts a shield bash!
[Roll result: 123 (open d100: 95)]
Mishrac lashes out with a light shield bash and Durakar is knocked over by the blow.
   ... 5 points of damage!
   Blow raises a welt on Durakar's right arm.
Mishrac seems a bit weaker than before.

Speaking in Faendryl, Aeavenne softly says, "He should take care he is not mistaken for a demon rather than a palestra candidate."
Aeavenne agrees with Lylia.
Lylia nods at Aeavenne.

Fiery hues dance over the surface of Durakar's skull-shaped greathelm.

Durakar swings a rolaren war mattock at Mishrac!
Mishrac evades the attack by a hair!

Durakar stands up.
Durakar stares unwaveringly at Mishrac.

Durakar swings a rolaren war mattock at Mishrac!
  AS: +617 vs DS: +539 with AvD: +44 + d100 roll: +39 = +161
   ... and hits for 12 points of damage!
   Torn muscle in Mishrac's left leg!

Speaking in Faendryl, Yenko says, "They seem quite evenly matched."
Aeavenne agrees with Yenko.

Mishrac lunges forward at Durakar with his mithril shield and attempts a shield bash!
[Roll result: 112 (open d100: 73)]
Mishrac lashes out with a weak shield bash, but Durakar manages to partially avoid it.
   ... 5 points of damage!
   Cut over Durakar's left eye.

Durakar swings a rolaren war mattock at Mishrac!
  AS: +617 vs DS: +530 with AvD: +44 + d100 roll: +8 = +139
   ... and hits for 5 points of damage!
   Glancing blow to Mishrac's left leg!

Durakar swings a rolaren war mattock at Mishrac!
By amazing chance, Mishrac evades the attack!

Mishrac nods approvingly.

Durakar dances around the room, ending with a spin and his left arm held high!
Durakar swings a rolaren war mattock at Mishrac!
Amazingly, Mishrac manages to block the attack with his shield!

Mishrac lunges forward at Durakar with his mithril shield and attempts a shield bash!
[Roll result: 56 (open d100: 35)]
Durakar deftly avoids the shield bash.

Durakar swings a rolaren war mattock at Mishrac!
In the nick of time, Mishrac interposes his mithril shield between himself and the attack!
Mishrac swings a dark bladed falcata at Durakar!
  AS: +291 vs DS: +408 with AvD: +21 + d100 roll: +68 = -28
   A clean miss.

[Roll result: -65 (open d100: 16)]
Durakar swings his rolaren war mattock at Mishrac's bladed falcata but fails to connect!

Mishrac lunges forward at Durakar with his mithril shield and attempts a shield bash!
[Roll result: 34 (open d100: 13)]
Durakar deftly avoids the shield bash.

Durakar swings a rolaren war mattock at Mishrac!
  AS: +617 vs DS: +584 with AvD: +44 + d100 roll: +45 = +122
   ... and hits for 3 points of damage!
   Glancing blow to Mishrac's left leg!
Surprisingly, Durakar manages to effortlessly reverse his momentum and strike again!

Durakar swings a rolaren war mattock at Mishrac!
Mishrac evades the attack by a hair!

Mishrac swings a dark bladed falcata at Durakar!
  AS: +340 vs DS: +408 with AvD: +21 + d100 roll: +35 = -12
   A clean miss.

[Roll result: 132 (open d100: 51)]
Durakar feints to the right, Mishrac buys the ruse and twists awkwardly to block the blow that never came!

The faint blue glow fades from around Durakar's hands.
The shimmering aura fades from around Durakar.
Durakar swings a rolaren war mattock at Mishrac!
  AS: +597 vs DS: +551 with AvD: +44 + d100 roll: +19 = +109
   ... and hits for 2 points of damage!
   Glancing blow to Mishrac's left leg!

Mishrac swings a dark bladed falcata at Durakar!
  AS: +486 vs DS: +388 with AvD: +21 + d100 roll: +47 = +166
   ... and hits for 5 points of damage!
   Hard blow, but deflected.
   Not much damage.

Durakar swings a rolaren war mattock at Mishrac!
  AS: +597 vs DS: +366 with AvD: +44 + d100 roll: +80 = +355
   ... and hits for 47 points of damage!
   Left leg ripped from socket at the knee!
Mishrac screams and falls to the ground grasping his mangled left leg!
   He is stunned!

Aeavenne winces.
Lylia places a hand over her heart.

Durakar turns over his rolaren war mattock and plants it into the ground.

Lylia watches the surroundings in breathless anticipation.

Durakar glances at Mishrac.
Durakar winces.

Melikor leans forward and rests his chin in his hand, a thoughtful expression on his face.
Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "Nice shot."

A shimmering aura surrounds Durakar.
A faint blue glow surrounds Durakar's hands.

Mishrac stands up.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia adds, "And so quick."
Speaking in Faendryl, Rantrul quietly remarks, "Such close combat is so messy. They acquitted themselves well, though."

Mishrac ponders.

Speaking in Faendryl to Mishrac, Durakar says, "Impressive fortitude, only fitting of your status."

Durakar nods appreciatively.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "And you."

Edanthiel agrees with Rantrul.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "I feel outside this arena we would be well to learn together."

Durakar nods in agreement.

Speaking in Faendryl to Rantrul, Mielle says, "Close combat is the best kind."

Speaking in Guildspeak, Lylia says, "It is not my preferred style either, but it has a certain grace."
Yenko agrees with Lylia.

Mishrac extends a hand towards Durakar.

Rantrul glances skeptically at Mielle.
Aeavenne kisses Lylia tenderly on the cheek.

Lylia gives Aeavenne a friendly hug.

You give your eyebrow a little workout.
Lylia nods.
Aeavenne stands up.

Speaking in Faendryl to Rantrul, Mielle says, "You can really sink nails and teeth into someone then."

Speaking in Guildspeak to Lylia, Rantrul says, "Grace, yes, but...messy."

(Durakar takes Mishrac's hand in his own, gripping it in a respectful handshake.)

Speaking in Faendryl, Aeavenne softly says, "Good night all."
Berkana nods in greeting at Aeavenne.
Lady Aeavenne just went west.

Mishrac bows to Durakar.

Speaking in Guildspeak, Lylia observes, "Unlike a good severed limb or blood burst, mm?"
Lylia grins at Rantrul.

Durakar bows to Mishrac.

Speaking dryly in Faendryl to Mielle, Rantrul says, "My teeth are for eating, not combat; I do so hate dirt under my nails."

Durakar turns around.

Holding the edge of his wayfarer's cloak, Durakar bows deeply with a flourish.

Melikor applauds.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "Glory and Honor."

Speaking in Guildspeak, Rantrul agrees, "Quite. As long as it's several feet away from me."

Mishrac nods.

Malikaen applauds loudly.

Rantrul grins at Lylia.

Speaking in Faendryl, Durakar says, "Glory and Honor to the Patriarch."

Genivie applauds politely.

Speaking in Faendryl to Rantrul, Mielle says, "Combat, eating... sometimes the same thing."
Mielle shrugs.
Lylia raises her voice in merry laughter.
Rantrul looks thoughtfully at Mielle.

Speaking absently in Faendryl to himself, Yenko says, "They have set the bar quite high."

Speaking to Rantrul, Lylia says, "You have a point."

Speaking to Mielle, Lylia says, "Indeed. Those oysters are ferocious."
Mielle grins at Lylia.
Rantrul laughs softly, trying to hide his amusement.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "We shall meet again, perhaps side by side."

Lylia reaches out and touches her sheath dress.

Speaking in Faendryl to Mishrac, Durakar says, "I certainly hope so."

Speaking in Faendryl to Lylia, Mielle says, "You clearly came out the winner."
Lylia says, "Naturally."
Lylia winks at Mielle.
Speaking in Faendryl, Mielle echoes, "Naturally."
Mielle adopts an agreeable expression.

You applaud loudly.

Mishrac nods and smiles as he indicates towards the exit.

Durakar just went out.

Aurach v. Mishrac

Aurach bows to Mishrac.

(Aurach turns and bows to the box area.)

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "Ah, here's my brute."
Berkana grins at Lylia.
Darklyght nods respectfullly.
Berkana chuckles.
Lylia chuckles.

Speaking in Faendryl, Aurach softly says, "All Honour and glory the Patriarch."

Speaking in Faendryl, Darklyght softly says, "That Blade has gall, I must say."

Mishrac bows towards Aurach and to the viewing boxes.

Lylia says, "I have looked forward to this."

Aurach removes an ancient elven waraxe with shadowy black elven runes scrawled upon the blade from in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach removes a matte black kelyn hatchet with shadowy swarms of insects etched into the blade from in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Berkana grins at Lylia.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "Honour and glory to the Patriarch."

Mishrac concentrates deeply for a moment.

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "That's more words than he normally speaks."
Berkana winks at Lylia.

Mishrac raises his dark blade.

Aurach nods slowly.

Mishrac begins the dance as he moves about the arena.

(Aurach turns slowly in place.)

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at Mishrac.
Mishrac seems to be distracted by something.

Mishrac lunges forward at Aurach with his mithril shield and attempts a shield bash!
[Roll result: 82 (open d100: 118)]
Aurach deftly avoids the shield bash.

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at Mishrac.
A faint buzzing sound begins then grows louder as a small dark cloud forms and begins to move about wildly!
The swarm zips behind Mishrac and charges into him, knocking him to the ground!

A look of concentration briefly passes across Aurach's face.
The air calms down around Aurach.

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures.
Aurach blends into invisibility among the surroundings.

Mishrac seems a bit weaker than before.
The swarm is unable to make an attack on Mishrac.

Aurach leaps from hiding to attack!
All of a sudden, Mishrac rolls hard to his side, and then leaps to his feet!
Aurach swings an ancient elven waraxe at Mishrac!
  AS: +705 vs DS: +324 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +81 = +491
   ... and hits for 47 points of damage!
   Hard blow breaks the femur!
   He is knocked to the ground!
   He is stunned!
Aurach swings a matte black kelyn hatchet at Mishrac!
  AS: +662 vs DS: +322 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +57 = +426
   ... and hits for 39 points of damage!
   Quick, powerful slash to Mishrac's left knee!

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Hmm."

The swarm assaults Mishrac from all sides, its droning creating a noisy distraction.

Genivie grins.

The swarm masses furiously in front of Mishrac, obscuring his vision.

(Aurach holds his axe near and ready.)

Speaking in Faendryl, Yenko says, "Might and magic."

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at Mishrac.
The glazed look leaves Mishrac.

The swarm is unable to make an attack on Mishrac.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "That swarm of his is devastating."
Yenko gives a short little hum of surprise.

Aurach pulls Mishrac to his feet.

The droning insects split into several smaller swarms, making it difficult for Mishrac to defend.

Genivie nods slowly.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "You have other skills."

(Aurach steps back.)

Mishrac nods.

The swarm is unable to make an attack on Mishrac.
With a motion of his hand, Aurach disperses his insect swarm and the buzzing fades.

Aurach inclines his head.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "Interesting."

Speaking in Faendryl, Aurach softly asks, "Only blades then master?"

Aurach turns an inquisitive ear toward Mishrac.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "We will manage."

Aurach nods slowly.
Aurach put a matte black kelyn hatchet with shadowy swarms of insects etched into the blade in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach put an ancient elven waraxe with shadowy black elven runes scrawled upon the blade in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "A few bugs."

Aurach removes a reddish-hued Faendryl longbow from in his grey woolen greatcloak.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "It is rare to see such here in the arena."

Aurach put a reddish-hued Faendryl longbow in his grey woolen greatcloak.
Mishrac lunges forward at Aurach with his mithril shield and attempts a shield bash!
[Roll result: -91 (open d100: -55)]
Aurach deftly avoids the shield bash.

Aurach removes an ancient rolaren longblade from in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Aurach winks.

Aurach removes an ancient rolaren-edged longknife from in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Darklyght snickers.

[Roll result: 21 (open d100: 29)]
Aurach swings his rolaren longblade at Mishrac's bladed falcata and connects!
Aurach fails to knock the falcata away!

Mishrac no longer seems distracted.

Mishrac concentrates deeply for a moment.
Mishrac lunges forward at Aurach with his mithril shield and attempts a shield bash!
[Roll result: 86 (open d100: 12)]
Aurach deftly avoids the shield bash.

Aurach darts behind Mishrac and tries to hamstring him with his rolaren longblade and rolaren-edged longknife!
[Roll result: 164 (open d100: 62)]
With a vicious double-strike Aurach slashes at Mishrac's right hamstring!
   ... 28 points of damage!
Mishrac falls to the ground grasping his mangled right leg!
Mishrac is stunned!
Aurach's rolaren-edged longknife returns to normal.

[Roll result: 132 (open d100: 105)]
Aurach swings his rolaren longblade at Mishrac's bladed falcata and connects!
Mishrac's bladed falcata is knocked to the ground!

Aurach put an ancient rolaren longblade in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach put an ancient rolaren-edged longknife in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Aurach picks up a dark bladed falcata.

Aurach bows to Mishrac.

Aurach offers Mishrac a dark bladed falcata.
Mishrac accepts Aurach's bladed falcata.

Aurach removes an ancient rolaren-edged longknife from in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach removes an ancient rolaren longblade from in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Mishrac nods.

Mishrac concentrates deeply for a moment.

Aurach inclines his head.

(Aurach circles.)

Mishrac moves to the right.

Mishrac swings a dark bladed falcata at Aurach!
Aurach dodges just in the nick of time!

Aurach leans to his left slightly.

Aurach swings an ancient rolaren longblade at Mishrac!
Mishrac dodges just in the nick of time!
Aurach swings an ancient rolaren-edged longknife at Mishrac!
  AS: +644 vs DS: +655 with AvD: +13 + d100 roll: +21 = +23
   A clean miss.

Mishrac lunges forward at Aurach with his mithril shield and attempts a shield bash!
[Roll result: 116 (open d100: 42)]
Mishrac lashes out with a weak shield bash, but Aurach manages to partially avoid it.
   ... 10 points of damage!
   Blow to back cracks several vertebrae.

Aurach leans to his right slightly.

Mishrac concentrates deeply for a moment.
Aurach darts behind Mishrac and tries to hamstring him with his rolaren longblade and rolaren-edged longknife!
[Roll result: 265 (open d100: 188)]
With a vicious double-strike Aurach slashes at Mishrac's right hamstring!
   ... 33 points of damage!
Mishrac falls to the ground grasping his mangled right leg!
Mishrac is stunned!

Genivie grins.
Darklyght mutters brutal.

Mishrac stands up.

Berkana chuckles.

(Aurach drops his blade to Mishrac's neck.)

Genivie applauds.
Genivie chuckles.

Mishrac nods at Aurach.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia remarks, "That will sting in the morning bath."

Aurach inclines his head.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "Well met."

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "More than qualified I'd think."

Darklyght winks at Lylia.
Berkana grins at Lylia.
Speaking in Faendryl, Demyse quietly repeats, "Outstanding."

Speaking in Faendryl, Aurach softly says, "Well fought Master."

Mishrac lowers his blade.

Aurach put an ancient rolaren longblade in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach put an ancient rolaren-edged longknife in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Yenko agrees with Demyse.

Aurach bows to Mishrac.

(Aurach turns and bows to the box area.)

Genivie applauds with enthusiasm, seemingly oblivious to her surroundings.
Melikor applauds.

Speaking in Faendryl to Demyse, Lylia says, "They have all been remarkable."

Darklyght applauds warmly.
Malikaen applauds.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "You have earned the praise sung by the Blades."

Rantrul ponders.
Lylia applauds.

Speaking in Faendryl, Aurach softly says, "All glory the Patriarch."

Berkana nods at Lylia.

Mishrac bows to Aurach.

Demyse agrees with Lylia.

Aurach bows to Mishrac.

You applaud.
Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "All have been chosen well."
Yenko nods in agreement.

Speaking quietly in Faendryl to Lylia, Demyse admits, "Indeed. Not one disappointing match."

Mishrac seems a bit weaker than before.

Blade Mishrac just went out.

Speaking in Faendryl, Demyse quietly continues, "Each unique for their own reasonings."

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "Seems the recommendations were spot on."

Yenko turns an inquisitive ear toward Demyse.

You nod at Berkana.
Demyse agrees with Berkana.
Divyne nods in agreement.
Lylia nods at Berkana.

High Lady Maetriks just arrived.
Lylia nods in greeting at Maetriks.
Maetriks sits down next to you.
Lylia smiles.
You nod to Maetriks in greeting.
Mielle examines her fingernails.
Speaking playfully in Faendryl to Lylia, Maetriks asks, "Did you bring the wine?"

Melivn nods to Maetriks in greeting.
Lylia removes a glass of ruby red wine from in her wrap.
Maetriks nods to you in greeting.
Lylia offers Maetriks a glass of ruby red wine.
Maetriks accepts Lylia's ruby red wine.
Maetriks winks at Melivn.
Maetriks takes a drink from her ruby red wine.

Speaking in Faendryl to Lylia, Maetriks asks, "No vemon this eve?"

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "I had a taste myself; it is a fine vintage."
Lylia winks.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "No, but if you taste bitter almonds, you may want to forgo a second glass."

Phase 3

Aurach just moved quietly into the area, his group following closely.

Aurach appears less confident.
Arku concentrates deeply for a moment.

(Aurach bows to the box area.)

Speaking in Faendryl, Aurach softly says, "All glory the Patriarch."
(Arku bows to the box area.)

Durakar raises his perfect ebony maul overhead in salute.

Aurach appears less confident and fearless.

Noira curtsies.

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana asks, "One more round, hmm?"
Yenko stands up.

Speaking in Faendryl, Durakar exclaims, "Honor and Glory to the Patriarch!"

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "All of them in there now."

(Arku sways back in forth as he assumes Tree in the Wind, his blades held before him defensively.)

(Noira casts a watchful eye around the arena.)

Genivie leans forward and rests her chin in her hand, a thoughtful expression on her face.

Aurach takes a deep breath, blinking a couple of times before resuming a calm expression.

A fanfare of trumpets fills the arena.

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "Oh, this could be a massacre."
Berkana starts chortling.

Arku seems a bit weaker than before.

Many of the members of the audience look to the sky.

Noira glances up.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Perhaps it's not a battle this time."

Speaking in Faendryl, Yenko asks, "Perpahs they fight a common foe?"

Durakar gazes up into the heavens.

Divyne glances up.
Malikaen glances up.
Lylia tilts her head up.

(Arku smoothly assumes Abyran'sa in the Abyss, as he rises onto the balls of his feet, his blades held horizontally above his head.)

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at Noira.
An invisible force guides Noira.

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at Arku.
An invisible force guides Arku.

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at Durakar.
An invisible force guides Durakar.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Or perhaps it is."
Genivie chuckles.

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures.
An invisible force guides Aurach.

Arku mills about with an uncertain look on his face.

A massive tenebrous oculoth just arrived.

Aurach put a matte black kelyn hatchet with shadowy swarms of insects etched into the blade in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach put an ancient elven waraxe with shadowy black elven runes scrawled upon the blade in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach removes a twisted illthorn scepter with ridged branches caging a rondure of green amber from in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach unsheathes a twisted bronze dagger from one of the narrow scabbards along the side of his dusky leather pack.

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at a massive tenebrous oculoth.
Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out of the ground beneath a massive tenebrous oculoth, but they shrivel and die as they come within inches of its skin!

Malikaen blinks.

Several of the tenebrous oculoth's eyes turn to stare right at Arku, their pupils narrowing to slits..

Lylia leans forward.

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "Oh ouch."
Rantrul smiles slightly.
Berkana starts chortling.

A massive tenebrous oculoth opens its massive fanged maw and tries to consume Noira!
  AS: +466 vs DS: +314 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +28 = +203
   ... and hits for 15 points of damage!
   Minor puncture to the left arm.

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at a massive tenebrous oculoth.
A bolt of energy leaps from a massive tenebrous oculoth to the ground.

Arku concentrates deeply for a moment.

Noira's illthorn-hilted battlesword is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the tenebrous oculoth!
Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at a massive tenebrous oculoth!
  AS: +710 vs DS: +234 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +83 = +590
   ... and hits for 198 points of damage!
The guiding force leaves Arku.
Arku's golvern-edged handaxe is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the tenebrous oculoth!

Mielle raises an eyebrow.

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at a massive tenebrous oculoth.
A bolt of energy leaps from a massive tenebrous oculoth to the ground.

Noira's illthorn-hilted battlesword is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the tenebrous oculoth!

Durakar swings a flame-carved perfect ebony maul at a massive tenebrous oculoth!
  AS: +587 vs DS: +223 with AvD: +47 + d100 roll: +98 = +509
   ... and hits for 237 points of damage!
The guiding force leaves Durakar.
Durakar's perfect ebony maul returns to normal.

A massive tenebrous oculoth widens its central viridian-hued eye as wisps of energy flare around it.

Lewlong nods.
Speaking in Faendryl to you, Lylia says, "Oh, Silvean will be sorry to have missed this."

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at a massive tenebrous oculoth.
 ** Necrotic energy from Aurach's twisted scepter flares up momentarily! **

   Aurach appears to gain succour from the unnatural energy!

Noira's illthorn-hilted battlesword is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the tenebrous oculoth!

A faint buzzing sound begins then grows louder as a small dark cloud forms and begins to move about wildly!
A massive tenebrous oculoth simply focuses its central eye on the swarm, and in an instant, the tiny creatures are vaporized into nothing.

A massive tenebrous oculoth stares intently with its central viridian-hued eye at Noira!
A swirling whirlwind drifts into the area, moving slowly towards Noira.

Durakar removes a pure potion from in his wayfarer's cloak.

Aurach wipes off the blade and sheathes a twisted bronze dagger into one of the narrow scabbards along the side of his dusky leather pack.
Aurach put a twisted illthorn scepter with ridged branches caging a rondure of green amber in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach removes an ancient elven waraxe with shadowy black elven runes scrawled upon the blade from in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach removes a matte black kelyn hatchet with shadowy swarms of insects etched into the blade from in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures.
Aurach blends into invisibility among the surroundings.

Arku's damascened khopesh pulses with a soft white light as it cleaves a burning swath through the chaotic forces shrouding the tenebrous oculoth!

Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at a massive tenebrous oculoth!
  AS: +629 vs DS: +269 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +28 = +419
   ... and hits for 120 points of damage!
Arku's golvern-edged handaxe is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the tenebrous oculoth!
A massive tenebrous oculoth opens its massive fanged maw and tries to consume Noira!
  AS: +446 vs DS: +314 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +69 = +224
   ... and hits for 17 points of damage!
   Jarring blow to Noira's back.

Noira's illthorn-hilted battlesword is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the tenebrous oculoth!

Leaning back, Darklyght squints his eyes against the curtain of smoke the cigar is forming around him.

A swirling whirlwind grows more violent, the sounds of its winds rising to deafening heights as they swirl around Noira.

Noira's illthorn-hilted battlesword is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the tenebrous oculoth!
Durakar's perfect ebony maul is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the tenebrous oculoth!

A violent whirlwind continues swirling around Noira and picks up more sand.  Before long it becomes a raging sandstorm.

Noira's illthorn-hilted battlesword is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the tenebrous oculoth!
Durakar's perfect ebony maul is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the tenebrous oculoth!

Aurach leaps from hiding to attack!
Aurach's elven waraxe is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the tenebrous oculoth!
Aurach's kelyn hatchet is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the tenebrous oculoth!

A raging sandstorm swirls around Noira, assaulting her with sand and bits of debris...
   ... 220 points of damage!
   Hard strike removes the right eye and a goodly bit of skull!
 * Noira drops dead at your feet!

The air about Noira stops shimmering.
Noira seems to lose some dexterity.
Noira returns to normal color.
The deep blue glow leaves Noira.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around Noira.
The light blue glow leaves Noira.
Noira seems a bit less imposing.
The bright luminescence fades from around Noira.
The silvery luminescence fades from around Noira.
The guiding force leaves Noira.
Noira becomes solid again.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding Noira suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
The powerful look leaves Noira.
A faint silvery glow fades from around Noira.

Durakar removes a pure potion from in his wayfarer's cloak.
The air around Durakar becomes hot, as waves of heat rise from his skull-shaped greathelm.

Lewlong winces.
Edanthiel winces.
Genivie winces.

Aurach looks determined and focused.
In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Aurach engages a massive tenebrous oculoth in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
Aurach's elven waraxe is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the tenebrous oculoth!
Aurach's kelyn hatchet is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the tenebrous oculoth!
Aurach's elven waraxe is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the tenebrous oculoth!
Aurach's kelyn hatchet is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the tenebrous oculoth!
Aurach's elven waraxe is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the tenebrous oculoth!
Aurach's kelyn hatchet is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the tenebrous oculoth!

Durakar pours the potion on a flame-carved perfect ebony maul.  A searing white light enfolds the maul for a moment and then appears to become incorporated into it.

Rantrul winces.
Effany gasps.

Arku leaps from hiding to attack!
Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at a massive tenebrous oculoth!
  AS: +629 vs DS: +229 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +96 = +527
   ... and hits for 132 points of damage!
Arku's golvern-edged handaxe is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the tenebrous oculoth!

Durakar put a pure potion in his wayfarer's cloak.

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "One down."
Lylia bites her lip.

Durakar swings a flame-carved perfect ebony maul at a massive tenebrous oculoth!
  AS: +512 vs DS: +202 with AvD: +47 + d100 roll: +81 = +438
   ... and hits for 142 points of damage!
A massive tenebrous oculoth's opens its fang-lined maw and lets out a deafening roar as it crashes to the ground and expires.
Suddenly the last wisps of a raging sandstorm rise into the air, still swirling, and then disappear.

Speaking in Faendryl, Yenko says, "She fought bravely."

Lewlong lets out a cheer!

An unsettling groan comes from the spirit of Noira.

Lylia nods at Yenko.

Aurach put a matte black kelyn hatchet with shadowy swarms of insects etched into the blade in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach put an ancient elven waraxe with shadowy black elven runes scrawled upon the blade in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach removes a twisted illthorn scepter with ridged branches caging a rondure of green amber from in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach unsheathes a twisted bronze dagger from one of the narrow scabbards along the side of his dusky leather pack.

Berkana nods.
Malikaen applauds.
You applaud.

Durakar glances at Noira.
Durakar mutters under his breath.

Edanthiel agrees with Yenko.


Arku frowns.

Noira gives a ghostly chuckle.

Aurach nods at Durakar.

Durakar stares incredulously at the a massive tenebrous oculoth.
The tenebrous oculoth's hulking, shadowy mass suddenly bleeds away like oil, its eyes closing in unison as it melts away into nothing.

Speaking in Faendryl, Maetriks says, "She lasted longer than most could have..."

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Noira, Arku says, "I thought we had you covered.  We have failed you."

Durakar frowns.

Arku seems a bit weaker than before.

You see a wave of energy emanate from Aurach toward Noira.  It coalesces around her body and then seeps in, leaving a glow around the body.

The guiding force leaves Aurach.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Well if the mission is to protect."
Genivie lets out a long, contemplative breath.
Genivie leans forward and rests her chin in her hand, a thoughtful expression on her face.

Speaking in Faendryl, Aurach softly says, "Be on your guard..."

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at Durakar.
An invisible force guides Durakar.
Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at Arku.
An invisible force guides Arku.
Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures.
An invisible force guides Aurach.

Arku nods slowly.
Durakar nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Rantrul says, "Distracting the demon so the others could concentrate was effective."

Noira's body twitches slightly with faint muscle spasms.

Aurach wipes off the blade and sheathes a twisted bronze dagger into one of the narrow scabbards along the side of his dusky leather pack.
Aurach put a twisted illthorn scepter with ridged branches caging a rondure of green amber in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach removes an ancient elven waraxe with shadowy black elven runes scrawled upon the blade from in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach removes a matte black kelyn hatchet with shadowy swarms of insects etched into the blade from in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "No one is successful all the time."
Lylia nods at Rantrul.

Durakar rubs Noira.

Speaking in Faendryl, Effany says, "She is graceful even in death."
Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "That is certainly true through history."

(Arku sways back in forth as he assumes Tree in the Wind, his blades held before him defensively.)

High Lady Mystiq just arrived.
Lylia nods in greeting at Mystiq.
Mystiq smiles at Lylia.

Arku taps something in a murky black thief's cloak.

Mielle lets out a long, contemplative breath.

With a sudden cross-body motion toward his swordbelt, Arku sheathes his khopesh and handaxe.

With a sudden cross-body motion, Arku draws both the handaxe and the khopesh from his swordbelt.

The guiding force leaves Durakar.

Aurach just kneeled down and pulled Noira's lifeless body into his arms.

As Durakar passes his hand over the browridge of his skull-shaped greathelm, dark flames cascade over his form, draping him from head to toe.  Slowly, his countenance shifts into a haze of blood red as spectral, smoky wings errupt from his back.  A curl of fetid steam seeps from beneath the greathelm, curling up around its horns before retreating, along with the rest of the image, until only Durakar remains.

The guiding force leaves Arku.

A spiky mottled black abyran'ra just arrived.

Aurach stands up.

The guiding force leaves Aurach.
The brilliant aura fades away from Durakar.

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at a spiky mottled black abyran'ra.
A bolt of energy leaps from a spiky mottled black abyran'ra to the ground.

Durakar swings a flame-carved perfect ebony maul at a spiky mottled black abyran'ra!
  AS: +487 vs DS: +237 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +64 = +353
   ... and hits for 85 points of damage!
   Right hand mangled horribly.

Aurach put a matte black kelyn hatchet with shadowy swarms of insects etched into the blade in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach put an ancient elven waraxe with shadowy black elven runes scrawled upon the blade in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach removes a twisted illthorn scepter with ridged branches caging a rondure of green amber from in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach unsheathes a twisted bronze dagger from one of the narrow scabbards along the side of his dusky leather pack.

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at a spiky mottled black abyran'ra.
Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out of the ground beneath a spiky mottled black abyran'ra, but they shrivel and die as they come within inches of its skin!

Arku leaps from hiding to attack!
Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at a spiky mottled black abyran'ra!
  AS: +621 vs DS: +181 with AvD: +21 + d100 roll: +45 = +506
   ... and hits for 91 points of damage!
   Crushing blow to head closes that eye for good.
Arku's golvern-edged handaxe is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the mottled black abyran'ra!

Durakar looks determined and focused.
In a breathtaking display of ability and combat mastery, Durakar whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!
Durakar swings a flame-carved perfect ebony maul at a spiky mottled black abyran'ra!
  AS: +487 vs DS: +221 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +60 = +365
   ... and hits for 99 points of damage!

Aurach put a twisted illthorn scepter with ridged branches caging a rondure of green amber in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Aurach wipes off the blade and sheathes a twisted bronze dagger into one of the narrow scabbards along the side of his dusky leather pack.
Aurach removes an ancient elven waraxe with shadowy black elven runes scrawled upon the blade from in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach removes a matte black kelyn hatchet with shadowy swarms of insects etched into the blade from in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Aurach looks determined and focused.
In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Aurach engages a spiky mottled black abyran'ra in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
Aurach's elven waraxe is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the mottled black abyran'ra!
Aurach's kelyn hatchet is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the mottled black abyran'ra!
Aurach's elven waraxe is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the mottled black abyran'ra!
Aurach's kelyn hatchet is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the mottled black abyran'ra!
Aurach's elven waraxe is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the mottled black abyran'ra!
Aurach's kelyn hatchet is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the mottled black abyran'ra!

Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at a spiky mottled black abyran'ra!
  AS: +621 vs DS: +206 with AvD: +21 + d100 roll: +62 = +498
   ... and hits for 95 points of damage!
   Crossing slash to chest catches the mottled black abyran'ra's attention!
Arku's golvern-edged handaxe is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the mottled black abyran'ra!

Durakar looks determined and focused.
In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Durakar engages a spiky mottled black abyran'ra in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
Durakar swings a flame-carved perfect ebony maul at a spiky mottled black abyran'ra!
  AS: +487 vs DS: +206 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +29 = +349
   ... and hits for 104 points of damage!
   Knocked sideways several feet by blow to back.
Durakar swings a flame-carved perfect ebony maul at a spiky mottled black abyran'ra!
  AS: +487 vs DS: +204 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +72 = +394
   ... and hits for 123 points of damage!
   Blow ruptures the stomach!
Durakar swings a flame-carved perfect ebony maul at a spiky mottled black abyran'ra!
  AS: +487 vs DS: +204 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +62 = +384
   ... and hits for 100 points of damage!
   Right elbow smashed into a thousand pieces.
Durakar swings a flame-carved perfect ebony maul at a spiky mottled black abyran'ra!
  AS: +487 vs DS: +202 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +65 = +389
   ... and hits for 112 points of damage!
A spiky mottled black abyran'ra's coronet of serpents let loose a shrieking hiss as it crashes to the ground and expires.

Lewlong smiles.

Aurach put a matte black kelyn hatchet with shadowy swarms of insects etched into the blade in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach put an ancient elven waraxe with shadowy black elven runes scrawled upon the blade in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach removes an ancient rolaren longblade from in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach removes an ancient rolaren-edged longknife from in his myklian scale swordbelt.

You applaud.
Lylia applauds politely.

Noira's body twitches slightly with faint muscle spasms.

Speaking in Faendryl, Rantrul appreciatively says, "Well done."
Divyne nods in agreement.
Malikaen applauds.

Durakar searches a spiky mottled black abyran'ra.
The mottled black abyran'ra's body bleeds with a shadowy blackness that seeps across its flesh as it melts away into nothing.

Speaking in Faendryl, you say, "Durakar is quite the demon slayer."

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Noira, Arku says, "You were inspiration."

Mielle begins to twitch.

Lylia nods to you.

Speaking in Faendryl, Maetriks admiringly says, "He is."

Noira gives a ghostly chuckle.

Speaking in Faendryl, Divyne says, "I think they all had a hand in it."
Speaking in Faendryl, Divyne says, "They are an effective team."

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at Arku.
An invisible force guides Arku.
Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at Durakar.
An invisible force guides Durakar.
Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures.
An invisible force guides Aurach.

Lewlong agrees with Divyne.
Lylia nods at Divyne.

Arku joins Aurach's group.

A huge incarnadine vathor just arrived.

As Durakar brushes his fingers over his polished alum band his face is filled with a look of desperate longing, but then his expression slowly changes to one filled with peace.

Arku starts chortling.

Speaking in Faendryl, Effany says, "A good team indeed."

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at a huge incarnadine vathor.
A bolt of energy leaps from a huge incarnadine vathor to the ground.

The spirit of Noira mutters, complaining bitterly about her state of affairs.

Aurach looks determined and focused.

In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Aurach engages a huge incarnadine vathor in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
Aurach's rolaren longblade is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the incarnadine vathor!
Aurach's rolaren-edged longknife is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the incarnadine vathor!
Aurach's rolaren longblade is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the incarnadine vathor!
Aurach's rolaren longblade is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the incarnadine vathor!

Durakar looks determined and focused.
In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Durakar engages a huge incarnadine vathor in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
Durakar swings a flame-carved perfect ebony maul at a huge incarnadine vathor!
The incarnadine vathor evades the attack by inches!
Durakar swings a flame-carved perfect ebony maul at a huge incarnadine vathor!
  AS: +562 vs DS: +433 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +85 = +253
   ... and hits for 54 points of damage!
   Blow leaves an imprint on the incarnadine vathor's chest!
The guiding force leaves Durakar.
Durakar swings a flame-carved perfect ebony maul at a huge incarnadine vathor!
  AS: +487 vs DS: +433 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +39 = +132
   ... and hits for 10 points of damage!
   Hit glances off the incarnadine vathor's hip.
Durakar swings a flame-carved perfect ebony maul at a huge incarnadine vathor!
  AS: +487 vs DS: +433 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +69 = +162
   ... and hits for 23 points of damage!
   Jarring blow to the incarnadine vathor's back.
Durakar swings a flame-carved perfect ebony maul at a huge incarnadine vathor!
  AS: +487 vs DS: +433 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +2 = +95
   A clean miss.

A huge incarnadine vathor cleaves a burning trail of fiery sigils through the air.

Aurach's rolaren longblade is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the incarnadine vathor!
Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at a huge incarnadine vathor.
A huge incarnadine vathor blinks and looks around in confusion for a moment.

Durakar looks determined and focused.
In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Durakar engages a huge incarnadine vathor in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
Durakar swings a flame-carved perfect ebony maul at a huge incarnadine vathor!
The incarnadine vathor evades the attack by inches!
Durakar swings a flame-carved perfect ebony maul at a huge incarnadine vathor!
  AS: +487 vs DS: +382 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +81 = +225
   ... and hits for 43 points of damage!
   Blow raises a welt on the incarnadine vathor's left arm.
Durakar swings a flame-carved perfect ebony maul at a huge incarnadine vathor!
The incarnadine vathor barely dodges the attack!
Durakar swings a flame-carved perfect ebony maul at a huge incarnadine vathor!
The incarnadine vathor evades the attack by a hair!
Durakar's perfect ebony maul pulses with a soft white light as it cleaves a burning swath through the chaotic forces shrouding the incarnadine vathor!

Durakar swings a flame-carved perfect ebony maul at a huge incarnadine vathor!
  AS: +487 vs DS: +382 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +26 = +170
   ... and hits for 25 points of damage!
   Blow raises a welt on the incarnadine vathor's left arm.
A huge incarnadine vathor pounds at Durakar with its fist!
  AS: +505 vs DS: +367 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +50 = +220
   ... and hits for 17 points of damage!
   Blow to the head causes Durakar's ears to ring!

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at a huge incarnadine vathor.
Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out of the ground beneath a huge incarnadine vathor, but they burn up and die as they come within inches of its skin!

Arku leaps from hiding to attack!
Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at a huge incarnadine vathor!
  AS: +708 vs DS: +284 with AvD: +21 + d100 roll: +37 = +482
   ... and hits for 77 points of damage!

A huge incarnadine vathor tries to bite Aurach!
  AS: +501 vs DS: +974 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +48 = -401
   A clean miss.

A shimmering aura surrounds Durakar.
A faint blue glow surrounds Durakar's hands.

Aurach looks determined and focused.
In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Aurach engages a huge incarnadine vathor in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
Aurach's rolaren longblade is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the incarnadine vathor!
Aurach's rolaren longblade is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the incarnadine vathor!
Aurach's rolaren longblade is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the incarnadine vathor!
Aurach's rolaren-edged longknife is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the incarnadine vathor!

A huge incarnadine vathor pounds at Arku with its fist!
  AS: +505 vs DS: +513 with AvD: +40 + d100 roll: +13 = +45
   A clean miss.

Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at a huge incarnadine vathor!
By amazing chance, the incarnadine vathor evades the attack!

Speaking in Faendryl, Yenko says, "Smart to confuse it."

A huge incarnadine vathor tries to bite Aurach!
  AS: +501 vs DS: +974 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +82 = -367
   A clean miss.

Durakar swings a flame-carved perfect ebony maul at a huge incarnadine vathor!
  AS: +507 vs DS: +282 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +72 = +336
   ... and hits for 85 points of damage!
   Mighty blow cracks several ribs.
Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at a huge incarnadine vathor!
  AS: +633 vs DS: +282 with AvD: +21 + d100 roll: +39 = +411
   ... and hits for 62 points of damage!
   Slash to the incarnadine vathor's right arm!
   Slices neatly through the skin and meets bone!

Yenko leans forward.

Aurach looks determined and focused.
In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Aurach engages a huge incarnadine vathor in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
Aurach's rolaren longblade is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the incarnadine vathor!
Aurach's rolaren longblade is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the incarnadine vathor!
Aurach's rolaren-edged longknife is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the incarnadine vathor!
Aurach's rolaren longblade is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the incarnadine vathor!

A huge incarnadine vathor tries to bite Arku!
  AS: +491 vs DS: +513 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +11 = +13
   A clean miss.

Durakar rubs his wiregrass bracelet.
Durakar appears somehow changed.

Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at a huge incarnadine vathor!
  AS: +633 vs DS: +275 with AvD: +21 + d100 roll: +35 = +414
   ... and hits for 72 points of damage!
   Deft slash to the incarnadine vathor's leg digs deep!
Arku's golvern-edged handaxe is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the incarnadine vathor!

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "My, they found an unusually large specimen."

Durakar swings a flame-carved perfect ebony maul at a huge incarnadine vathor!
The incarnadine vathor evades the attack by a hair!

Aurach looks determined and focused.
In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Aurach engages a huge incarnadine vathor in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
Aurach's rolaren longblade is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the incarnadine vathor!
Aurach's rolaren longblade is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the incarnadine vathor!
Aurach's rolaren longblade is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the incarnadine vathor!

A huge incarnadine vathor pounds at Durakar with its fist!
  AS: +495 vs DS: +397 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +29 = +159
   ... and hits for 7 points of damage!
   Blow nicks Durakar's left hand.
 ** Durakar's incarnadine platemail releases a twisted tendril of force at the incarnadine vathor! **

   ... 15 points of damage!
   Attempt to snare chest shrugged off.

Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at a huge incarnadine vathor!
  AS: +633 vs DS: +259 with AvD: +21 + d100 roll: +16 = +411
   ... and hits for 69 points of damage!
   Solid blow gouges a chunk out of the incarnadine vathor's right leg.

A huge incarnadine vathor tries to bite Arku!
  AS: +491 vs DS: +513 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +8 = +10
   A clean miss.

Durakar swings a flame-carved perfect ebony maul at a huge incarnadine vathor!
  AS: +507 vs DS: +259 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +84 = +371
   ... and hits for 111 points of damage!
   Whoosh!  Several ribs driven into lungs.

Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at a huge incarnadine vathor!
  AS: +633 vs DS: +259 with AvD: +21 + d100 roll: +80 = +475
   ... and hits for 91 points of damage!
   Knocked sideways several feet by blow to back.

The thorny barrier surrounding Aurach blocks the attack from the incarnadine vathor!

Durakar swings a flame-carved perfect ebony maul at a huge incarnadine vathor!
  AS: +507 vs DS: +261 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +40 = +325
   ... and hits for 92 points of damage!
   Skull cracks in several places.

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at a huge incarnadine vathor.
Nothing happens.

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at a huge incarnadine vathor.
A bolt of energy leaps from a huge incarnadine vathor to the ground.

The thorny barrier surrounding Aurach blocks the attack from the incarnadine vathor!

Arku's damascened khopesh pulses with a soft white light as it cleaves a burning swath through the chaotic forces shrouding the incarnadine vathor!
Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at a huge incarnadine vathor!
  AS: +633 vs DS: +226 with AvD: +21 + d100 roll: +98 = +526
   ... and hits for 92 points of damage!
   Deft slash to the incarnadine vathor's leg digs deep!
The incarnadine vathor crashes to the ground with a huge *THUD*!  Fire explodes out from its severed left leg thrashing on the ground, arcing toward Aurach!
   ... 10 points of damage!
   Burst of flames to back toasts skin nicely.

Durakar swings a flame-carved perfect ebony maul at a huge incarnadine vathor!
  AS: +507 vs DS: +165 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +60 = +441
   ... and hits for 128 points of damage!
   Hard hit shatters shield arm.
The incarnadine vathor roars loudly as its left arm falls and writhes spasmodically, exploding in a ball of flames as it writhes on the ground, covering Durakar with blazing flames!

Some blackened incarnadine platemail sculpted with rippling musculature partially deflects the onslaught of the fiery attack.
   ... 15 points of damage!
   Burst of flames char abdomen a crispy black.
   He is stunned!

Speaking in Faendryl, Mielle says, "It's quite impressive looking, really."

Aurach speaks a quiet phrase in flowing elven...
Aurach gestures at Durakar.
The glazed look leaves Durakar.

A huge incarnadine vathor pounds at Arku with its fist!
  AS: +435 vs DS: +825 with AvD: +40 + d100 roll: +13 = -337
   A clean miss.

Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at a huge incarnadine vathor!
  AS: +633 vs DS: +165 with AvD: +21 + d100 roll: +100 = +589
   ... and hits for 94 points of damage!
   Large gash to the right arm, several muscles torn.
The incarnadine vathor roars loudly as its right arm falls and writhes spasmodically, exploding in a ball of flames as it writhes on the ground!

Arku's golvern-edged handaxe is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the incarnadine vathor!

Durakar shakes his head.

Edanthiel nods at Mielle.
Lylia nods at Mielle.
Edanthiel leans forward.

A huge incarnadine vathor tries to bite Arku!
  AS: +421 vs DS: +513 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +100 = +32
   A clean miss.

A wave of power flows out of Aurach towards an ancient rolaren longblade.
A brilliant white light wraps around the longblade for a moment and then quickly seeps into its surface, leaving a soft white afterglow.

Durakar swings a flame-carved perfect ebony maul at a huge incarnadine vathor!
  AS: +507 vs DS: +162 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +94 = +478
   ... and hits for 150 points of damage!
   Right leg ripped from socket at the knee!

Aurach swings an ancient rolaren longblade at a huge incarnadine vathor!
  AS: +411 vs DS: +157 with AvD: +17 + d100 roll: +57 = +328
   ... and hits for 42 points of damage!
The guiding force leaves Aurach.
Aurach's rolaren-edged longknife is repelled by the chaotic forces surrounding the incarnadine vathor!

Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at a huge incarnadine vathor!
  AS: +633 vs DS: +160 with AvD: +21 + d100 roll: +44 = +538
   ... and hits for 97 points of damage!
   Diagonal slash leaves a bloody trail across the incarnadine vathor's torso.

The thorny barrier surrounding Aurach blocks the attack from the incarnadine vathor!

A wave of power flows out of Aurach towards an ancient rolaren-edged longknife.
A brilliant white light wraps around the longknife for a moment and then quickly seeps into its surface, leaving a soft white afterglow.

Arku swings an ancient damascened khopesh at a huge incarnadine vathor!
  AS: +633 vs DS: +160 with AvD: +21 + d100 roll: +83 = +577
   ... and hits for 113 points of damage!
   Blow ruptures the stomach!
A huge incarnadine vathor's lets loose an unearthly howl as the raging inferno dies around it.

Durakar nods appreciatively at Arku.

Lewlong applauds.
Malikaen applauds.
Melikor applauds.
Divyne applauds.
Yenko applauds.
Lylia applauds.

Aurach stares off into space.

Arku seems a bit weaker than before.

Aurach nods at Durakar.

Aurach nods at Arku.

Durakar searches a huge incarnadine vathor.
The incarnadine vathor's suddenly flares up with fiery crimson tendrils that burn it away into nothing but ash.

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "It refused to die."
Arku frowns.

(Mielle applauds, but her face has a slight trace of disappointment.)

Noira's body twitches slightly with faint muscle spasms.

Speaking in Faendryl, Durakar says, "But at least it was able to harm none outside this arena."

Arku agrees with Durakar.

Blade Schalyne just arrived.

An unsettling groan comes from the spirit of Noira.

Aurach put an ancient rolaren longblade in his myklian scale swordbelt.
Aurach put an ancient rolaren-edged longknife in his myklian scale swordbelt.

Aurach bows.

A crew of healers comes to attend Noira.

Fiery hues dance over the surface of Durakar's skull-shaped greathelm.

With a sudden cross-body motion toward his swordbelt, Arku sheathes his khopesh and handaxe.

Noira's body twitches slightly with faint muscle spasms.

Durakar put a flame-carved perfect ebony maul in his scaled travel pack.

A large Faendryl in silken robes strides in and gazes at Noira.

An unsettling groan comes from the spirit of Noira.

The Faendryl places his hands on Noira's head and mutters quietly.

The Faendryl gazes as Noira is brought back.

Noira bows her head slightly as she drops into a deep, respectful curtsy.

Noira sets about preparing herself to be as presentable as possible.

Noira joins Aurach's group.

Noira smiles.
Noira clasps her hands in a reverent gesture.

Schalyne nods to each candidate.

Aurach inclines his head.

Arku inclines his head.

Durakar nods once at Schalyne.

Noira inclines her head.

Noira put a rolaren illthorn-hilted battlesword in her indigo sack.
Schalyne recites in Faendryl:

    "Our evening's trials are completed.  We are honored to share the arena with our candidates."

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "The honor is ours."

Durakar nods in agreement.

Schalyne recites in Faendryl:

    "Many Faendryl pass through this arena, but none trained outside our academies until now."

Schalyne recites in Faendryl:

    "We have chosen fairly and wisely from such presented to the Palestra for consideration."

Noira cocks her head at Schalyne.

Noira smiles at Aurach.

Schalyne turns towards the large box with the shimmering robed man.

Schalyne recites in Faendryl:

    "Honor and glory to the Patriarch!"

Noira bows her head slightly as she drops into a deep, respectful curtsy.
Lewlong smiles.

Arku bows.

Speaking in Faendryl, Aurach softly exclaims, "Honor and glory the Patriarch!"

Aurach bows.

Speaking in Faendryl, Durakar exclaims, "Honor and glory to the Patriarch!"
Holding the edge of his wayfarer's cloak, Durakar bows deeply with a flourish.

(Arku bows to the box area.)

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly exclaims, "Honor and glory to the Patriarch!"

Noira blushes a bright deep red to the tips of her ears.

The Faendryl stands and nods to the candidates before exiting the viewing box.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Please follow me."

Blade Schalyne just went out.
Durakar just went out.
Lady Noira just went out.
Aurach just moved quietly out, with his group following closely.

[Everyone leaves the Viewing Box and meets in the Training Hall]

Afterward

[Academy Nexus, Training Hall]
Weapons are displayed on racks and stands that line the wall of the training hall.  One corner has several dummies that stand at attention.  Another area is set up with various targets with arrows protruding out of their surfaces at odd angles.  Away from the center of the chamber are partitioned spaces that house several sparring rings.
Also here: High Lady Maetriks, Matriarch Berkana, Durakar, Arku, Lady Noira, Aurach, Blade Schalyne
Obvious exits: southwest

Speaking in Faendryl, Berkana says, "Wonderful display."

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "And a sound battle tactic."

Berkana nods at Schalyne.

Maetriks sinks into a deep curtsy.
Speaking in Faendryl, Maetriks says, "From what I saw, it was quite the battle."

Speaking in Faendryl, Aurach softly says, "Let us allow the Blade to finish."

Aurach turns an inquisitive ear toward Schalyne.

Arku turns an inquisitive ear toward Schalyne.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "There are other trials that will take place, but yours has ended."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "On Volnes we shall gathered here."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "At nine in the evening."

Arku nods at Schalyne.

Noira nods slowly.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "We are lucky the wall was recently renewed, it almost broke during the last trials."

Schalyne slowly empties her lungs.
Speaking in Faendryl, Cyphier says, "Fortunate for us."
Arku agrees with Cyphier.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Agreed."

Berkana appears to be trying hard not to grin.

Durakar takes a deep breath, blinking a couple of times before resuming a calm expression.

Groups of trainers wander the room evaluating each student as they work.

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Noira, Aurach says, "Remind me again to check my blades blessing."

Aurach just nudged Noira.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "I am sure our candidates wish to rest... I hope also reflect over the next two days."

Noira nods in agreement at Aurach.

Durakar begins chuckling at Aurach!

Darklyght flashes a quick grin.

Arku bows to Schalyne.

Rantrul nods respectfully at Schalyne.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "This will be a formal occasion."
Maetriks tilts her head down.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "The Patriarch was impressed tonight."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "He did you great honor."

Noira clasps her hands in a reverent gesture.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "He does not always come to trials."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "He will most likely send one of his stewards on Volnes."

Speaking in Faendryl, Aurach softly says, "There are many of the Faendryl residing outside new Ta'Faendryl, let us hope the clerisy, and others take a look at our brothers and sisters as well..."

Lylia smiles at Aurach.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Perhaps they will take our lead."
Schalyne shrugs.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "One never knows."

Aurach inclines his head.

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Aurach, Arku says, "Let us walk, before we run..."

Cries of battle echo throughout the chamber as would-be Palestra train with their weaponmasters.

Noira nods once.

Aurach narrows his eyes in concentration as he taps his pursed lips idly with one forefinger.

Aurach agrees with Arku.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "One may hope."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "I will bid you a good evening and see you in three nights time."

Noira inclines her head.
Divyne bows her head slightly toward Schalyne as she drops into a deep respectful curtsy before her.
Cyphier bows to Schalyne.
Noira curtsies to Schalyne.

Speaking in Faendryl to Schalyne, Durakar says, "Until then."

Speaking in Faendryl, Aurach softly says, "Good night blade."

Durakar faces Schalyne and smartly brings his right fist up to his chest.  Holding it there, he bows deeply.

Arku bows to Schalyne.

Effany bobs down and back up in a quick curtsy.

Berkana grins.

Mielle renders a sharp hand salute.

Schalyne bows.
Yenko bows.

Lylia places a hand over her heart.

Blade Schalyne just went southwest.

Lylia bows.

Speaking in Faendryl, Aurach softly says, "So that all know...."

Lewlong nods.

Darklyght turns to face Aurach.
Lylia cocks her head at Aurach.

Noira folds her hands.

Edanthiel gazes with interest at Aurach.

Cyphier turns an inquisitive ear toward Aurach.

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Aurach, Arku says, "We must all be crazy to actually choose to take on not one, but three demons."

Cyphier leans leisurely on his black ash cane, a thoughtful expression upon his face.

Arku shakes his head.

Speaking in Faendryl, Aurach softly says, "It was Noira's counsel to use dispell and focus as we did.."

Arku agrees with Aurach.

Lylia gazes admiringly at Noira.

Noira glances away.

Edanthiel smiles at Noira.

Effany turns to Noira and cheers!

Cyphier grins.

Darklyght nods understandingly at Aurach.

(Aurach pats noira on the back.)

Noira smiles at Aurach.
Maetriks smiles at Noira.
Genivie smiles.

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "It was likely the only reason we were able to damage them."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "It was clear you all fought well together."

Edanthiel agrees with Lylia.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mielle says, "Yes, you did well as a team."

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "The first one had so many eyes, I could not find a blind spot."
Arku frowns.

Speaking in Faendryl, Effany exclaims, "A wonderful evening!"

Noira chuckles.
Aurach nods at Arku.

Speaking in Faendryl, you say, "You all made it a very entertaining evening."

(Effany pats her ample belly, a satisfied smile on her face.)

Speaking in Faendryl, Darklyght softly says, "Much is to be gleaned from your performance."

Speaking in Faendryl, you say, "You should all be proud."

Divyne nods in agreement.
Melikor nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Melikor says, "Well done, all."

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "It was an honor to witness."

Speaking in Faendryl, Cyphier says, "Good show, candidates. You are all certainly worthy of this academy."

Speaking in Faendryl, Aurach softly says, "I think I prefer the orcs to the vathor."

Aurach winks.

Genivie adopts an agreeable expression.
Noira laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.
Durakar begins chuckling at Aurach!
Noira nods in agreement.

Darklyght smirks as a haughty expression flits across his face.

Arku starts chortling.
Arku agrees with Aurach.

Several youngsters wander about the training hall with buckets of water, pausing at each station to offer a drink.

Speaking in Faendryl, Durakar says, "I'm sure most would, though each must be fought in their own stead and time."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "I prefer most things to a vathor."
A white glow rushes away from Aurach.

Berkana chuckles.

Speaking in Faendryl, Maetriks vaguely murmurs, "But to control a vathor..."

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "I am thankful we did not have to face the final challenge alone."

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie asks, "Empath about for Durakar perhaps?"

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "Do pardon me. I have business in the Landing. Thank you again for your display of skill -- and of brilliance. That tactic with the dispelling worked well."

Genivie glances skeptically at Durakar.

Speaking in Faendryl, Durakar says, "I'm not bleeding that much."

Noira kisses Lylia on the cheek.

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "You would have been entertained by four very twitchy corpses."

Durakar glances around the room.
Durakar begins to do his best to bandage his wounded abdomen.

Noira begins chuckling at Arku!

Lylia smiles.
Lylia kisses Noira on the cheek.

Durakar begins to do his best to bandage his wounded right arm.

Lewlong chuckles.
Lylia nods at Raegn.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mielle says, "Corpses can be entertaining, after a fashion."

Arku grins.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "Be well, all. Volnes, then, if not sooner."

Noira hums a seemingly random tune.

Arku bows to Lylia.

Speaking in Faendryl, Genivie says, "Well, congratulations to you all. See you on Volnes."

A shadow seems to detach itself from Aurach's body, swiftly dissipating into the air.

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "Travel safe."

Speaking in Faendryl, Aurach softly says, "Good night to you all."