Talk:Adventurer's Guild Badge
Okay, as a preliminary, I'm going to use a system of "0/0/0/0/0" to designate the levels of the various upgrades of a badge. That is, the first spot is the binding, the second is the material, the third is the device, then motif, and finally, the gem. So, the 0/2/0/0/0 badge below is a badge that has a level 2 upgrade on the material, and nothing else.
Additionally, these are what I have as categories for the skills, as far as how enhancive they are:
- Major skills: All lores, Armor Use, MOC
- Moderate skills: All weapon skills, all mana control skills, Harness Power, etc.
- Minor skills: Pickpocket, Survival, First Aid
- Worthless skills: Climbing, Swimming
I'll complete this list, later.
- This is very cool. Please continue with your research. In the mean time, I edited the main page to remove some of the obvious inaccuracy (including the implication that all skill bonuses are the same, in terms of boosting at a given number of upgrades)
- I have a suspicion that this actually boils down to "at 0/2/0/0/0, you can have a badge with a recharge cost of up to 500", something of that nature. But I haven't worked on that myself.--GOAT (talk) 17:16, 20 March 2015 (CDT)
A 0/2/0/0/0 badge can hold the following:
Level 48 Sorcerer with generally sorcerer skills. There are 3 messages one can receive.
- Certainly (and adds the enhancement)
- Tough luck, your badge can't handle that much power.
- That would make your badge far too powerful for someone like you to handle.
- Max is the # of ranks I was actually able to put in
- Max2 is the # of ranks above that which I got the "badge can't handle power" message
I'm assuming that had I been another profession or trained in that skill, I would be able to add that enhancement.
As you can clearly see, 1-1-0-0-0 equals 2-0-0-0-0. So it's better to do Rank 1 on all 5, then rank 2 in all 5... etc etc.