Verlok & Veil Iron
- Contrary to popular belief, Elanthian demons are not "unholy." They are chaotic, and they are extraplanar, but they are not unholy. Due to their alien nature & history, it is a common stigma that they are "evil," though this has been debunked time and time again by GMs stating that that are simply misunderstood.
- Irvine, I may try to do something fancy with the table on verlok specifically, since each subtype correlates to a specific set of materials. Its not like every verlok can be any material, unlike the descriptions of the other demon types. who is Ulthripe reads this 16:20, 5 July 2006 (EDT)
Veil iron isn't holy metal, it's just magic draining. Veil iron was heavily used by the Vvrael during the Vvrael saga, and the Vvrael were types of demons. --carabele 17:58, 5 July 2006 (EDT)
- I agree about having the multiple tables Ulthripe, I just wasn't up to the task just at the moment. Also, you may notice I saw a drake verlok. I failed to note what type of verlok it was though, so I don't know where that falls, I'm guessing verlok'ar. It was my belief that drake is not a metal, so I find that even odder than veil iron. Now I want to see an Ur-Glaes, Krodera, or Urnon verlok. IRVINETOMOE 18:51, 5 July 2006 (EDT)
I was once told that pure Veil Iron is permablessed, though I see that no where in the description. Also, blessed weapons are required to harm many forms of demons. Now, seeing as I see nothing on the permabless property on Simu's website and seeing as I lack samples of veil iron weapons... I cannot confirm this, but that was my assessment. -Andy talk 19:04, 5 July 2006 (EDT)
- If veil iron is permablessed, its not a holy bless, it would be due to its unique nature as a metal, and just "matches" the effects of an actual bless upon undead. I don't know, just a guess. Either way, veil iron is just a good a metal as any for a demon. Heck, you could probably have eonake or white ora verlok, just haven't seen them yet. IRVINETOMOE (unsigned)
It is true that holy weapons were used to battle demons in more than one storyline, though this neither proves nor disproves demons as a whole being unholy. Are there demons which are unholy? Sure. Does that make all demons unholy? Of course not.
Drake is an elemental mineral, therefore a drake verlok would most certainly be a verlok'ar. However, "drakar" is listed as the official material and I would be surprised if you actually saw a drake verlok as opposed to a drakar one. I know I've summoned drakar verlok before, and as far as I know "drake" only appears as the descriptor of weapons generated by the treasure system.
Dont worry about the table, I'll mess around with it when I get a chance. I plan to add a third column for subtype, then rowspan it so that the materials fall in line with their appropriate subtype. The descriptors are obviously always random. Additionally, it would be interesting to do a seperate table for the desciptors/colors of their feathers, heheh. who is Ulthripe reads this 20:38, 5 July 2006 (EDT)
- I specifically saw the character Venrath with "an emerald-eyed drake verlok'something". I wouldn't have payed it any attention if it had been drakar. Makes me wonder if you could find a feras one. Drake and Feras are both man-made, or elf-made, or whoever felt like making it.IRVINETOMOE 22:12, 5 July 2006 (EDT)