The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Right, so, I suck at this. Anyone want to help me make this work? IRVINETOMOE 14:29, 18 May 2007 (EDT)
- The template looks alright to me, though I'm not particularly sure we need this sort of template. If we're going to go ahead, I'd model after the various character templates found on Wikipedia and other wiki sites.
- Also, if we're going to create a character template, I'd like an emphasis put on in-character information (race, gender, culture, features, etc.) over out-of-character/mechanical information (level, AS, DS, CS, TD, etc.)
- In fact, I think two separate templates would be best, one for each of these sets of information, as they can then be separately included in the main section of the article and in the Behind the Scenes section where OOC information is included.
- Also, I'd add some usage notes to the template page using the <noinclude></noinclude> tags.
- Maybe I'll just play around with it a bit today.
- Oliver Talk 14:46, 18 May 2007 (EDT)
- Thanks! I think its pretty good to have, as more and more character pages are being made, and its something I would like to see more of. I think everyone should be able to put up a little bit about their characters.
- And yeah, I agree, I intended more IC features, but I included level as I thought it was significant. AS/DS/etc change too often to really be necessary, but do what you like. I really just wanted to see if I could work up something for Kastrel's page. However, it didn't work when I tried it, I am sure I screwed it up somewhere, that is why I asked for help. I'm really not good at all the inner workings of the site, and am far more interested in filling in information, so I never learned how to work this stuff too well. IRVINETOMOE 21:28, 18 May 2007 (EDT)