Difference between revisions of "Landing Events - 5118-05-19 - A Shipment of Stones"

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search
m
 
Line 2: Line 2:
  
 
'''by [[Leafiara]] Autumnwind of the [[::The_TownCrier|TownCrier]]'''
 
'''by [[Leafiara]] Autumnwind of the [[::The_TownCrier|TownCrier]]'''
 
To discuss this, please see [http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Towns/Wehnimer's%20Landing/view/13122 the discussion thread on the officials!]
 
  
  
Line 1,238: Line 1,236:
  
 
[[Category: TownCrier]]
 
[[Category: TownCrier]]
[[Category: Logs]]
+
[[Category: KST]]

Latest revision as of 02:40, 4 December 2019

Ivastaen 19-20, 5118

by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier


Summary

  • A town guard brings news that the Town Council will be meeting soon to discuss the prospect of replacing a new interim steward of the militia in light of rumors about Thrayzar.
  • The guard also brings news that Malluch wants to meet regarding something important, and a group of adventurers go along to see him. There, with scratches along his arms that he doesn't explain after Shinann asks, he claims that a dangerous weathered-looking ship is at one of the docks and needs to be destroyed, swearing on Lana and all he holds dear.
  • Adventurers go along to investigate and find a ship matching the description. There a dockworker who at first says he's not the captain and later does say he's the captain initially claims that Captain Shirkon already inspected it, but Captain Stormyrain says he's been away and Captain Shinann says that there's been no report anyway. The group eventually talks their way onto the ship.
  • A steel crate is found inside and Pukk unlocks it to reveal several clones of Grishom Stone inside; additional crates are found throughout the ship. Though initially seemingly inert, the bodies begin to move--thuds and scratching noises are heard all around the ship until the clones eventually begin assaulting everyone gathered. Others make their way out to attack the town, but eventually the ship explodes and all clones both off and on the ship are slain.
  • Later in the night there's some discussion of how Malluch could have known about the ship, with some speculation including a vision directly from Jastev or a network of informants keeping in contact with him, but Malluch doesn't speak with others again that night. (This part isn't included in the log.)


Log

A New Militia Steward?

BOOM! A clap of thunder echoes close by.

Flashes of lightning dance across the heavens as a cold rain pours from the sky.

[Town Square, East]

Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous shops, still doing business with the many customers who still frequent the streets at night.

A town guard arrives, mumbling about the rain.

The town guard says, "Oh, good. Mayor, and Captains, and, everyone. Even a Hlendril."

Hlendril glances at a town guard and folds his arms over his chest.

Hlendril says, "You know what, forget it."

Shinann nods to a town guard.

Hlendril sticks out his tongue and lets loose with a loud, "Thbtbtbt" from his lips!

Stormyrain takes a drink from her cinnamon coffee.

The town guard says, "Mayor, I was told to deliver a message, but I seem to have left it behind. I'll still see it delivered."

Stormyrain gazes thoughtfully at a town guard.

Lylia inclines her head.

The town guard says, "I believe it has to do with a new militia steward."

Stormyrain squints.

Shinann blinks.

Stormyrain gazes watchfully at a town guard.

Stormyrain asks, "A new steward?"

Stormyrain clenches her jaw.

Shinann frowns.

Stormyrain growls, "Thrayzar is not dead. There's no need to replace him."

The town guard says, "The Council is meeting on it soon, to let you know if they wish to move forward with replacing the position, at least in an interim fashion, given the news of...."

Shinann nods at Stormyrain.

Lylia says, "Excellent. Of course, we do not believe for a moment that we shall fail to see Thrayzar returned, hale and whole. In the meantime, we must see to the town's safety."

The town guard looks around, "Maybe a discussion for another time."

Lylia nods in agreement to a town guard.

Lornieh asks, "News?"

Shinann glances at a town guard.

Balley softly says, "What news."

Speaking dubiously to a town guard, Cruxophim inquires, "Replace who? News of what?"

The town guard says, "Rumors, of Thrayzar."

Shinann says, "Rumors."

Shinann nods.

Lylia replies, "I am certain he means the news of Thrayzar's being unavailable at the moment."

Lylia dismissively says, "Rumors are only that. Why look to the past when we clearly need to look forward, and looking forward, we need a new Steward -- at least in the interim."

Lylia waves her hand in a dismissive gesture.

Shinann frowns.


Malluch's Request: Destroy the Ship

The town guard says, "I um....do have something though."

Stormyrain slowly empties her lungs.

Stormyrain folds her arms over her chest.

The town guard says, "Malluch."

The town guard says, "...he is asking to speak."

The town guard says, "He said it was important."

Lylia smiles wryly and says, "I am certain it is. I should like to hear what he has to say directly, then."

Cryheart asks, "To whom does he want to speak with guard?"

The town guard says, "He was not selective."

Lylia says, "Can he be awakened now? No time like the present."

The town guard says, "He was awake, yes. I'm off to finish my shift at the docks. Busy night, lots of new business with the warmer weather. Goodnight."

The guard walks off.

Cryheart asks, "Want to head to the prison then, mayor and captains?"

Lylia says, "Yes."

Cryheart says, "Ok..headed to the prison."

[travel time]

[Prison, Hallway]

The scent of sulphur lies heavy in the air, and a blazing torch brightly illuminates everything. A thick mithril door stands opposite a battered bronze one, with the latter appearing as though it had recently been beat down. A number of stone chips litter the back wall, whereupon a sconce is set. You also see a large steel door with an iron-barred window, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, a town guard, a town guard and a town guard.

There is some shuffling of feet from within a mithril cell.

Emerging from the darkness of his cell, Malluch appears at the edge of the barred door. His eyes look tired, his dark blonde goatee growing out, hair along the rest of his face slowly catching up. Along his arms you see series of scratches, some old, some freshly scabbed and healing.

The voice of Malluch says, "Quite a crowd."

The voice of Malluch says, "I hadn't expected so many..."

Shinann asks, "Malluch, why are you wounded?"

The voice of Malluch says, "But perhaps it is for the best, if it's as dangerous as I suspect."

The voice of Malluch asks, "Wounded?"

Ysharra says, "Well, there wasn't a ship docking tonight, so we thought we'd crowd in here instead."

Shinann says, "All those scratches."

The voice of Malluch says, "You are incorrect Ysharra."

Ysharra says, "Do tell."

Through his cell, Malluch looks at Shinann as if to speak, but then stops.

Shinann shifts her weight.

The voice of Malluch says, "The ship is leaving soon. It's dangerous. I've seen it. I have been shown it."

The voice of Malluch says, "You need to destroy it."

Speaking to Melikor, Ysharra says, "See? Ask a question, silence. Say something wrong, they fall over themselves to correct you."

Shinann asks, "Where is it?"

Cryheart asks, "Which ship?"

The voice of Malluch says, "Burn it. Sink it. Destroy it."

Raelee says, "That ship..."

Raelee says, "The plinite."

Meureii asks, "Where?"

The voice of Malluch says, "No. It's here."

The voice of Malluch says, "And it's leaving tonight."

Ysharra says, "The guard mentioned the dock being busy tonight."

Shinann nods at Ysharra.

The voice of Malluch says, "I...I did not see which dock. Only...it needs to be destroyed."

From within his cell, Malluch moves one hand to his arm, tracing the lines of the scratches and scabs along his flesh and closes his eyes.

The voice of Malluch says, "Time and weather has touched the ship."

Lylia asks, "A weathered look about it?"

The voice of Malluch says, "Yes....weathered..."

Lylia nods once.

The voice of Malluch says, "You need to go now."

The voice of Malluch says, "Captains, if no one else...I beg of you."

The voice of Malluch says, "I swear on all I hold dear. I swear on Lana."

Lylia says, "If you are wrong, this will go ill with you."

Stormyrain nods at Shinann.

Speaking to Cryheart, Lylia says, "North docks."

Lylia nods once.

Lylia knocks on a thick mithril door.

Shinann just went east.

Cryheart nods at Lylia.

Stormyrain just went east.


The Dodgy Dockworker

[Leafi proceeds to the north dock in advance of the large group, but a few are already there]

[Wehnimer's, North Dock]

The dock's planks are dull and weathered from the salt spray of many seasons. Northward beyond the massive sea gates, a flock of ice geese passes, silhouetted against the sky over the dark blue waters of Darkstone Bay. The hulk of a derelict coastal sailer is tethered to the end of the pier. You also see a pale-faced coppery barn owl that is flying around, a gypsy fortuneteller, a scruffy human dockworker, a white-sailed weathered ship, a stack of empty crates, the dark waters of Darkstone Bay and a black imperial wagon with a glowing blue-white pylon on it.

Also here: Fahlo, Lord Thrassus, Marshal Meureii

Meureii confusedly asks, "Soon?"

A dockworker says, "I did not think it was a big deal."

Stormyrain just arrived.

You notice Chaoswynd moving stealthily into the area.

Meureii says, "I thought you were leaving an hour ago."

A dockworker says, "Aye, soon."

Speaking to a scruffy human dockworker, Meureii asks, "What time is it supposed to leave now?"

A dockworker says, "Like I said, behind schedule. We'll be off soon enough."

Shinann just arrived.

Speaking to a scruffy human dockworker, Meureii says, "I had something being placed aboard."

Speaking to Meureii, Stormyrain asks, "Do you know if it made it?"

Sir Cryheart's group just arrived.

Speaking to Stormyrain, Meureii says, "I am trying to find out but he doesn't seem to know a thing."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Meureii says, "Other than they are late."

A dockworker says, "What in the..."

Speaking to a scruffy human dockworker, Meureii asks, "Aye?"

Cryheart says, "We were informed about a ship we hae to inspect."

Cryheart nods to the human dockworker.

Lylia nods to the human dockworker.

Speaking to a scruffy human dockworker, Shinann asks, "Who is the captain of that ship?"

The dockworker rubs the scruff along his cheek and neck, looking around.

A dockworker says, "The Captain is a bit busy, we're almost done and all loaded for the night. We're heading out soon."

Speaking amusedly to a scruffy human dockworker, Meureii repeats, "A rather unfortunate happenstance we find ourselves in aye?"

A dockworker says, "If yer lookin' for passage, we've none to spare at this time."

Speaking to a scruffy human dockworker, Shinann says, "No... no ships leave without being inspected."

A dockworker says, "We were inspect'd earlier."

Shinann asks, "By whom?"

A dockworker says, "Um...what's her..his..name..."

Speaking to a scruffy human dockworker, Shinann says, "Well, I do not care by whom."

The dockworker looks around at the crowd and nods.

A dockworker says, "Shirkon. Captain Shirkon."

Speaking to a scruffy human dockworker, Shinann says, "We want to board now."

Shinann says, "Sorry."

Shinann says, "No report."

Shinann nods to the human dockworker.

Shinann says, "Now."

A dockworker says, "Oh it is very correct."

Speaking dubiously to Shinann, Cruxophim mutters, "Isn't Shirkon on a leave of abscence?"

A dockworker says, "Short mouthy lad. Right?"

Speaking slowly to a scruffy human dockworker, Stormyrain says, "I'm afraid Lord Shirkon is away from town right now."

Speaking amusedly to a scruffy human dockworker, Cruxophim wonders, "Is she supposed to just take your word for that?"

Speaking to Cruxophim, Shinann says, "It does not matter if he did board it... we have no report."

A dockworker says, "Well, we were his last duty then. I hope he enjoys some time off."

Speaking to a scruffy human dockworker, Stormyrain says, "So whoever inspected your ship committed fraud and impersonated a militia Captain. That's a serious offense."

Speaking slowly to a scruffy human dockworker, Stormyrain says, "No. He's been away."

Speaking to a scruffy human dockworker, Shinann says, "I am ordering you to allow us to board the ship."

Speaking to a scruffy human dockworker, Stormyrain continues, "So unless you wish to be charged as well, you will stand aside."

A dockworker says, "Ordering me?"

Shinann says, "Yes."

Speaking mildly to a scruffy human dockworker, Lylia says, "She is a captain of the guard. And I am the mayor of the town."

Zosopage says, "Lets see, call the Captain now or later after it's too late."

Speaking to a scruffy human dockworker, Shinann says, "Unless you want to spend some days in jail."

A dockworker says, "I am the Captain."

Speaking to a scruffy human dockworker, Lylia says, "Instead of calling it an order, let us call it a firm suggestion."

Speaking to a scruffy human dockworker, Shinann says, "Then give us access."

Shinann nods to the human dockworker.

A dockworker says, "Fine fine...but I'm behind schedule. So you need to make it quick."

Speaking to a scruffy human dockworker, Talinvor says, "Perhaps it is easier if you can recall anything boarded that seemed... unusual."

Along the deck of the weathered ship, some figures can be seen in the cover of night and the obscurity of the steady storm. They seem to disappear below deck.

A dockworker says, "Unusual?"

A dockworker says, "Hardly. Simple stuff. Spices, some copper, some iron ore. We've a few destinations."

Shinann says, "Lower the gangplank please."

A dockworker says, "Fine fine...I'm going to go get a strong drink. When I get back, you're done, fair enough?"

Cryheart says, "We cannae go onto the ship unless you bring out the gangplank."

Shinann says, "No."

Shinann says, "You stay here."

Shinann says, "You go with us."

A dockworker says, "Oh I can't drink now either?" He laughs.

Shinann nods to the human dockworker.

A dockworker says, "I'll be back...I trust you Captains not to ruin the merchandise."

Speaking to a scruffy human dockworker, Geijon says, "We need th' gangplank down."

Speaking to a scruffy human dockworker, Shinann says, "Lower the gangplank and do not leave."

The dockworker wanders off into the depths of town as the gangplank is lowered.


Ship Inspection: The Stone Clones

Shinann's group just went into a white-sailed weathered ship.

[Ship, Main Deck]

A trio of masts rises high overhead, their limbs laden with bundles of white sails and their lengths flanked by heavy rope shrouds. Around the perimeter of the deck, solid oak planks form the walkway, while the center space is spanned by wide-barred grates.

Shinann's group just went south.

[Ship, Main Deck]

Along the side of the mainmast, a ladder mounted with iron brackets rises high above and into the crow's nest. From one of the brackets hangs a round, glass-encased oil lantern.

Shinann's group just went south.

[Ship, Main Deck]

A squat iron mooring sits off to the port side of the deck, wound with massive coils of chain, which no doubt support the ship's anchor. Overhead, rope shrouds and riggings crisscross, creating an almost web-like pattern.

Shinann's group just went south.

[Ship, Main Deck]

A short set of steps with an elaborate banister lead from the lower deck to the ship's wheel, and oil lanterns mounted on the rail posts light the way.

Shinann's group just went down.

[Ship, Below Deck] The walls below decks are paneled with dark wood and oil lamps perched upon the walls illuminate the otherwise shadowy corridor.

Shinann's group just went east.

[Ship, Below Deck]

The walls below decks are paneled with dark wood and oil lamps perched upon the walls illuminate the otherwise shadowy corridor. You also see a massive steel crate.

Pukk makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...

Pukk gestures.

A scintillating light surrounds Pukk's hands.

Pukk settles into the difficult task of picking the lock on a massive steel crate.

Then...CLICK! It opens!

>look crate

The crate is huge and holds no other identifying marks except a small placard that reads, "Ubl."

Pukk quietly says, "It's opened."

>look in crate

In the steel crate:

Special [8]: a black-haired human body (8)

Dergoatean brushes against the human body, causing a slimy residue to be left behind.

Stormyrain asks, "..more Grishom clones?"

Xorus says, "This is just the same as last time, when we had the explosive crate unearthed by Glatoph."

IJ>look bod

The body looks to be that of a male human, tall of frame and lean of build with some muscular tone. The man has black hair, and his eyes are wide open and hold a deep sea blue hue. The eyes are unblinking and unmoving, and a strange black slimy ichor covers most of the body.

[further inspection around the ship turns up another two crates containing more bodies]

One of the bodies blinks.

One of the bodies blinks.

You hear a faint thud coming from behind a wall.

[the group begins exploring]

You hear a faint thud coming from behind a wall.

You hear a faint thud from beneath you.

You hear a faint thud from beneath you.

You hear a faint thud from beneath you.

You hear a faint thud coming from behind a wall.

You hear some faint scratching nearby.

You hear some faint scratching nearby.

A finger curls on one of the bodies.

One of the bodies grins slowly.

Another body grins, then another, then another.

From within the walls and beneath, the thuds and scratching get louder and louder...

You hear the rapid movement of feet nearby, coming from somewhere else unseen on the ship!

[at last...]

[Ship, Below Deck]

The walls below decks are paneled with dark wood and oil lamps perched upon the walls illuminate the otherwise shadowy corridor. You also see a massive steel crate.

A dark-haired blue-eyed human ambles in.

A dark-haired blue-eyed human swings a shadowy black blade at Melikor!

AS: +450 vs DS: +619 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +23 = -111

A clean miss.

>appr hu

The blue-eyed human is medium in size and about nine feet high in his current state.

The human should prove to be a difficult challenge for you.


Just For Indulgence's Sake...

[So you can see how relatively tough these things were, I'm leaving in killing the first one. Now factor in that we had to take down dozens...]

Meureii looks determined and focused.

In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Meureii engages a dark-haired blue-eyed human in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!

Meureii attempts to jab a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

As Meureii strikes, a deep golden light surrounds his hands!

UAF: 645 vs UDF: 431 = 1.496 * MM: 91 + d100: 12 = 148

... and hit for 4 points of damage!

Quick jab to right hand only twists a finger.

Meureii attempts to jab a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

UAF: 645 vs UDF: 611 = 1.055 * MM: 95 + d100: 69 = 169

... and hit for 7 points of damage!

Fast jab bruises right palm.

Meureii attempts to jab a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

UAF: 645 vs UDF: 611 = 1.055 * MM: 95 + d100: 65 = 165

... and hit for 6 points of damage!

Contact with right hand leaves the blue-eyed human with bloody knuckles!

Meureii attempts to jab a dark-haired blue-eyed human!


UAF: 645 vs UDF: 611 = 1.055 * MM: 94 + d100: 2 = 101

... and hit for 1 point of damage!

Ineffective swat to the belly.

Meureii attempts to jab a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

UAF: 645 vs UDF: 611 = 1.055 * MM: 97 + d100: 44 = 146

... and hit for 3 points of damage!

Quick jabs patter across the blue-eyed human's back like rain... and are about as effective.

Pinchot swings an opaque vultite falchion at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

Amazingly, the blue-eyed human manages to parry the attack with his blade!

A dark-haired blue-eyed human gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

Ulkov hoots.

Cryheart swings a perfect vultite greataxe at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +587 vs DS: +569 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +21 = +78

A clean miss.

Zeminar traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...

Zeminar channels at a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

CS: +521 - TD: +517 + CvA: +17 + d100: +24 == +45

Warded off!

Ulkov swings a sharpened kelyn hoolurge at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +563 vs DS: +546 with AvD: +27 + d100 roll: +56 = +100

A clean miss.

Madmountan swings a glowing coraesine mekya ne'rutka at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +588 vs DS: +525 with AvD: +42 + d100 roll: +67 = +172

... and hits for 48 points of damage!

Slash to the blue-eyed human's right arm!

Slices neatly through the skin and meets bone!

Krampton's hands glow with power as he summons elemental energy to his command...

Krampton gestures at a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

Krampton hurls a roaring ball of fire at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +455 vs DS: +458 with AvD: +57 + d100 roll: +91 = +145

... and hits for 22 points of damage!

Minor burns to abdomen. Looks painful.

The roaring ball of fire strikes a dark-haired blue-eyed human, blossoming into a much larger sphere of flame upon impact.

... 5 points of damage!

Minor burns to left leg. That hurts a bit.

Pukk attempts to punch a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

UAF: 463 vs UDF: 609 = 0.760 * MM: 96 + d100: 31 = 103

... and hit for 1 point of damage!

Awkward punch gently brushes the left thigh. It's like a first date!

Pukk's golvern-hooked gloves release a twisted tendril of force!

... 15 points of damage!

Loose arm hold.

Egmund's hands glow with power as he summons elemental energy to his command...

Egmund gestures at a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

Egmund hurls a seething blast of steam at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +234 vs DS: +452 with AvD: +57 + d100 roll: +32 = -129

A clean miss.

Chromatic streams of air shimmer and dance around Zarston as his melody soars into a triumphant crescendo.

Zarston skillfully weaves another verse into his harmony, directing the sound of his voice at a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

The blue-eyed human falls to the ground in a deep slumber.

A dark-haired blue-eyed human is awakened by Bernadette's attack!

Bernadette swings a black vultite miner's axe at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +564 vs DS: +417 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +73 = +249

... and hits for 70 points of damage!

Whoosh! Several ribs driven into lungs.

Pure white and bold red mana wisps dance around you like wind-borne leaves as you hum a cheerful tune and sing a sylvan phrase, preparing your spell.

You are visible again.

You channel at a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

Particles of dust and soot rise from the ground at your feet as you release a pulsating, platinum ripple of energy toward a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

CS: +513 - TD: +482 + CvA: +17 + d100: +52 == +100

Warded off!

A dark-haired blue-eyed human gestures at Talinvor!

CS: +469 - TD: +371 + CvA: +2 + d100: +44 - -5 == +149

Warding failed!

Talinvor's falchion is struck with a dark-haired blue-eyed human's cast.

Lornieh gestures while summoning the spirits of nature to her aid...

Lornieh gestures at a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath a dark-haired blue-eyed human! One of the thorns jabs into the human!

... hits for 3 points of damage!

... 5 points of damage!

Minor puncture to the abdomen.

Rioja gestures while summoning the spirits of nature to her aid...

Rioja gestures at a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath a dark-haired blue-eyed human! The human manages to get out of the way!

Kaseopea intones a phrase of elemental power while raising her hands...

Kaseopea gestures at a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

Kaseopea hurls a large boulder at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +334 vs DS: +399 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +43 = +15

A clean miss.

Greenish-black flames spring to life in Katze's hand...

Katze gestures at a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

Katze hurls a ball of greenish-black flame at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +386 vs DS: +399 with AvD: +52 + d100 roll: +19 = +58

A clean miss.

Zeminar traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...

Zeminar gestures at a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

Zeminar stares at a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

CS: +521 - TD: +517 + CvA: +17 + d100: +35 == +56

Warded off!

The blue-eyed human stares back at Zeminar without fear.

Dergoatean traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...

Dergoatean gestures at a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

CS: +533 - TD: +517 + CvA: +17 + d100: +17 == +50

Warded off!

Krampton's hands glow with power as he summons elemental energy to his command...

Krampton gestures at a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

Krampton hurls a roaring ball of fire at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +461 vs DS: +399 with AvD: +57 + d100 roll: +97 = +216

... and hits for 59 points of damage!

Burst of flames to right leg blackens kneecap.

The roaring ball of fire strikes a dark-haired blue-eyed human, blossoming into a much larger sphere of flame upon impact.

... 5 points of damage!

Minor burns to left arm. That hurts a bit.

Evician swings a deep golden glaes bastard axe at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +343 vs DS: +434 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +4 = -51

A clean miss.

A shimmering aura surrounds Meureii.

Zosopage swings a closed fist at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +506 vs DS: +428 with AvD: +17 + d100 roll: +27 = +122

... and hits for 2 points of damage!

Swing at the blue-eyed human's eye catches an eyebrow instead!

Greenish-black flames spring to life in Xorus's hand...

Xorus gestures at a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

Xorus hurls a ball of greenish-black flame at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +427 vs DS: +392 with AvD: +52 + d100 roll: +22 = +109

... and hits for 4 points of damage!

The blue-eyed human's weapon arm is instantly tanned by a near miss.

The ball of greenish-black flame strikes a dark-haired blue-eyed human, blossoming into a much larger sphere of flame upon impact.

... 5 points of damage!

Minor burns to the blue-eyed human's shield arm.

Bernadette swings a black vultite miner's axe at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +564 vs DS: +428 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +89 = +254

... and hits for 61 points of damage!

Left elbow smashed into a thousand pieces.

Ferrumus swings a jade-hilted mithglin katana at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +255 vs DS: +423 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +61 = -74

A clean miss.

A cold blue light leaps from a sonic falchion in Talinvor's right hand.

... 69 points of damage!

Fatal strike to the left eye! Brain frozen and so is Talinvor!

Talinvor drops dead at your feet!

Madmountan swings a glowing coraesine mekya ne'rutka at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +603 vs DS: +423 with AvD: +42 + d100 roll: +75 = +297

... and hits for 169 points of damage!

Bloody slash to the blue-eyed human's side!

Instant death, due to lack of intestines.

[...but that's not a death, as these were uncritabble]

Greenish-black flames spring to life in Melikor's hand...

Melikor gestures at a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

Melikor hurls a ball of greenish-black flame at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +459 vs DS: +389 with AvD: +52 + d100 roll: +30 = +152

... and hits for 28 points of damage!

Light burns to the blue-eyed human's leg

The ball of greenish-black flame strikes a dark-haired blue-eyed human, blossoming into a much larger sphere of flame upon impact.

... 2 points of damage!

Insignificant burns to the blue-eyed human's neck.

Deckits curls his hand into a claw and begins chanting in a an unrecognizable tongue, waves of force emitting from his palm as his words reverberate through the air.

Deckits gestures at a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

CS: +540 - TD: +517 + CvA: +17 + d100: +84 == +124

Warding failed!

A dark-haired blue-eyed human is wracked with painful spasms!

... 2900 points of damage!

Cryheart attempts to kick a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

UAF: 650 vs UDF: 616 = 1.055 * MM: 85 + d100: 78 = 167

... and hit for 35 points of damage!

Head snaps backward from surprisingly fast kick to the jaw.

Dinaden swings a sun-etched perfect mithril morning-star at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +506 vs DS: +409 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +70 = +202

... and hits for 40 points of damage!

Minor strike under the right eye, that was close!

Lord Thrassus just strode in.

Pukk attempts to punch a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

UAF: 478 vs UDF: 572 = 0.835 * MM: 120 + d100: 92 = 192

... and hit for 43 points of damage!

Wide swing connects with left shin, sweeping it hard to the side!

Meureii looks determined and focused.

In a breathtaking display of ability and combat mastery, Meureii whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!

Meureii attempts to jab a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

UAF: 655 vs UDF: 568 = 1.153 * MM: 106 + d100: 28 = 150

... and hit for 4 points of damage!

Quick jabs patter across the blue-eyed human's back like rain... and are about as effective.

Necrotic energy from Meureii's morduska hide trukt flares up momentarily!

Meureii appears to gain succour from the unnatural energy!

As Meureii's morduska hide trukt lands home, its surface seems to fold inward upon itself drawing everything it touches along with it!

... 15 points of damage!

Veins in arm stand out briefly!

Meureii attempts to jab a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

As Meureii strikes, a deep golden light surrounds his hands!

UAF: 680 vs UDF: 388 = 1.752 * MM: 108 + d100: 97 = 286

... and hit for 24 points of damage!

Hard overhand strike to right shoulder penetrates skin and reaches muscle!

The blue-eyed human starts to favor his wounded arm!

Greenish-black flames spring to life in Katze's hand...

Katze gestures at a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

Katze hurls a ball of greenish-black flame at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +401 vs DS: +368 with AvD: +52 + d100 roll: +87 = +172

... and hits for 35 points of damage!

Minor burns to the blue-eyed human's weapon arm.

The ball of greenish-black flame strikes a dark-haired blue-eyed human, blossoming into a much larger sphere of flame upon impact.

... 5 points of damage!

Insignificant burns to the blue-eyed human's neck.

Kaseopea intones a phrase of elemental power while raising her hands...

Kaseopea gestures at a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

Kaseopea hurls a large boulder at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +349 vs DS: +368 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +20 = +38

A clean miss.

You concentrate intently, focusing all your energies.

You explode into a fury of strikes and ripostes, moving with a singular purpose and will!

You punch with a perfect white ora kunai at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +416 vs DS: +397 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +53 = +104

... and hit for 1 point of damage!

Blow slides along the ribs.

Probably tickles.

You punch with a perfect white ora kunai at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +416 vs DS: +397 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +63 = +114

... and hit for 4 points of damage!

Weak slash across chest!

Slightly less painful than heartburn.

You punch with a perfect white ora kunai at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +416 vs DS: +397 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +76 = +127

... and hit for 13 points of damage!

Glancing strike to the head!

Pure white flames dance from your white ora kunai as an unseen wind fans them into a raging conflagration that assault the blue-eyed human!

... 20 points of damage! Pinpoint strike sears the blue-eyed human's chest.

You punch with a perfect white ora kunai at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +416 vs DS: +395 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +13 = +66

A clean miss.

Your series of strikes and ripostes leaves you winded and out of position.

Ulkov swings a sharpened kelyn hoolurge at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +578 vs DS: +395 with AvD: +27 + d100 roll: +91 = +301

... and hits for 70 points of damage!

Right hand mangled horribly.

Necrotic energy from Ulkov's kelyn hoolurge flares up momentarily!

Ulkov appears to gain succour from the unnatural energy!

Egmund's hands glow with power as he summons elemental energy to his command...

Egmund gestures at a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

Egmund hurls a seething blast of steam at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +252 vs DS: +363 with AvD: +57 + d100 roll: +72 = +18

A clean miss.

Lornieh swings a vine-etched curved vultite falchion at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +422 vs DS: +391 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +84 = +149

... and hits for 19 points of damage!

Deft slash across chest draws blood!

The blue-eyed human takes a deep breath.

Stormyrain swings a dark oak-hafted waraxe at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +568 vs DS: +387 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +81 = +291

... and hits for 124 points of damage!

Blow cracks a rib and punctures a lung.

Breathing becomes a challenge.

Necrotic energy from Stormyrain's oak-hafted waraxe flares up momentarily!

Stormyrain appears to gain succour from the unnatural energy!

Stormyrain swings a fang-beset misty black sword-breaker at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +593 vs DS: +387 with AvD: +22 + d100 roll: +62 = +290

... and hits for 59 points of damage!

Slash to the blue-eyed human's chest!

Breathe deep, it'll feel better in a minute.

Krampton's hands glow with power as he summons elemental energy to his command...

Krampton gestures at a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

Krampton hurls a roaring ball of fire at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +482 vs DS: +362 with AvD: +57 + d100 roll: +5 = +182

... and hits for 31 points of damage!

Burst of flames to chest. Didn't hurt much.

The roaring ball of fire strikes a dark-haired blue-eyed human, blossoming into a much larger sphere of flame upon impact.

... 10 points of damage!

Minor burns to right arm. That hurts a bit.

An inky cloud of shadows surrounds Lylia's hand as she chants a twisting phrase...

Lylia gestures at a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

CS: +540 - TD: +517 + CvA: +17 + d100: +52 == +92

Warded off!

Zosopage removes a dragon etched vultite falchion from in his leopard skin sheath.

Chromatic streams of air shimmer and dance around Zarston as his melody soars into a triumphant crescendo.

Zarston skillfully weaves another verse into his harmony, directing the sound of his voice at a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

CS: +525 - TD: +485 + CvA: +17 + d100: +64 == +121

Warding failed!

A dark-haired blue-eyed human reels under the force of the sonic vibrations!

Sound waves disrupt for 48 damage!

... 40 points of damage!

Blood boils in the blue-eyed human's chest.

Ferrumus swings a jade-hilted mithglin katana at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +270 vs DS: +391 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +58 = -30

A clean miss.

Madmountan swings a glowing coraesine mekya ne'rutka at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +603 vs DS: +391 with AvD: +42 + d100 roll: +13 = +267

... and hits for 118 points of damage!

Hard blow breaks the femur!

Danthius swings a keenly-edged faenor claidhmore at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +167 vs DS: +387 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +98 = -90

A clean miss.

Goldstr draws an intricately glowing pattern in the air before him.

A dark-haired blue-eyed human is not affected by the patterns.

Ulkov swings a sharpened kelyn hoolurge at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +603 vs DS: +387 with AvD: +27 + d100 roll: +22 = +265

... and hits for 73 points of damage!

Whoosh! Several ribs driven into lungs.

Surprisingly, Ulkov manages to effortlessly reverse his momentum and strike again!

Ulkov swings a sharpened kelyn hoolurge at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +603 vs DS: +387 with AvD: +27 + d100 roll: +55 = +298

... and hits for 84 points of damage!

Hard hit shatters weapon arm.

The human's black blade falls to the ground.

Kaseopea's hands glow with power as she summons elemental energy to her command...

Kaseopea gestures at a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

Kaseopea hurls a freezing ball of pure cold at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +349 vs DS: +362 with AvD: +52 + d100 roll: +4 = +43

A clean miss.

Pearly light flares up suddenly from within you, lending strength and focus to your attack!

You punch with a perfect white ora kunai at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +431 vs DS: +387 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +24 = +100

A clean miss.

Greenish-black flames spring to life in Katze's hand...

Katze gestures at a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

Katze hurls a ball of greenish-black flame at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +401 vs DS: +362 with AvD: +52 + d100 roll: +92 = +183

... and hits for 39 points of damage!

Pinpoint strike sears the blue-eyed human's chest.

The ball of greenish-black flame strikes a dark-haired blue-eyed human, blossoming into a much larger sphere of flame upon impact.

... 5 points of damage!

Pinpoint strike sears the blue-eyed human's chest.

Beldannon joins Cryheart's group.

Bernadette swings a black vultite miner's axe at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +579 vs DS: +387 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +92 = +313

... and hits for 88 points of damage!

Right kneecap smashed into pulp.

Surprisingly, Bernadette manages to effortlessly reverse her momentum and strike again!

Bernadette swings a black vultite miner's axe at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +579 vs DS: +387 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +23 = +244

... and hits for 60 points of damage!

Strong slash to throat nicks a few blood vessels.

Zosopage swings a dragon etched vultite falchion at a dark-haired blue-eyed human!

AS: +569 vs DS: +387 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +77 = +293

... and hits for 129 points of damage!

Blow cracks a rib and punctures a lung.

Breathing becomes a challenge.

The blue-eyed human rolls over and dies.

A dark-haired blue-eyed human becomes solid again.

A luminescent aura fades from around a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

The blue-eyed human no longer bristles with energy.

The brilliant luminescence fades from around a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

The translucent sphere fades from around a dark-haired blue-eyed human.

A dark-haired blue-eyed human glances around, looking a bit less confident.


Town Protection

[tons more of them appear and eventually reports come in of them attacking the town, so the group slowly battles its way out of the ship...]

[Wehnimer's, North Dock]

The dock's planks are dull and weathered from the salt spray of many seasons. Northward beyond the massive sea gates, a flock of ice geese passes, silhouetted against the sky over the dark blue waters of Darkstone Bay. The hulk of a derelict coastal sailer is tethered to the end of the pier. You also see an incarnadine long bow, a dark-haired blue-eyed human, a dark-haired blue-eyed human, a dark-haired blue-eyed human, a dark-haired blue-eyed human, the Dergoatean disk, a simple tanik trunk, a piece of iron, a shadowy black claidhmore, a wickedly curved throwing axe, a shadowy black claidhmore, a shadowy black hook-knife, a wickedly curved throwing axe, an incarnadine long bow, a wickedly curved throwing axe, a shadowy black hook-knife, a wickedly curved throwing axe, a wickedly curved throwing axe, a wickedly curved throwing axe, a shadowy black claidhmore, a murky black shield, a shadowy black hook-knife, a shadowy black blade, a shadowy black hook-knife, a murky black shield, a shadowy black blade, a shadowy black claidhmore, a chipped brick, a shadowy black claidhmore, a shadowy black blade, an incarnadine long bow, the Sorranie disk, the palm frond-shaped Lornieh disk, the Pukk disk, the Balley disk, the Azuryn disk, a pale-faced coppery barn owl that is flying around, a lop-eared pure white lioness, a snow white raven that is flying around, an inquisitive frosty white imp, a flexuous deep violet abyran'sa, a striped owl, a delighted spring spirit that is flying around, a white-sailed weathered ship, a stack of empty crates, the dark waters of Darkstone Bay and a black imperial wagon with a glowing blue-white pylon on it.

[the battle continues and a couple of casualties mount at North Dock, but...]

BOOOOM!! A huge explosion rocks the night as a white-masted weathered ship suddenly flashes with a blood red light and then explodes into a thousand pieces mixed with fire and smoke! Debris flies into the sky and splashes in the waters!

A burst of flames erupts from the ground and soon a furious fire begins consuming anything combustible there.

Sparks shoot up from the flames to dance in the hot air above the fire. Most glow brightly for a time and then slowly burn up and wink out, but an alarming few drift off, still glowing red hot.

Fires rage along the dock!

The ghostly voice of Stormyrain says, "Mission accomplished then."

[In a manner of speaking, anyway, but battles continue in the streets for quite a while longer along with putting out fires!]