Azryen Verae is a Faendryl warrior and a flagellant dedicated to Mularos. He is known for his androgynous beauty, his biting humor, and his watchful, brooding silences. He can at times be found rudely staring at passersby in the North Market of Solhaven or the Town Square of Wehnimer's Landing. He also helps maintain the Shrine of Suffering in southern Solhaven.
OOC Note: This section is provided for entertainment purposes and is not intended to be taken as common knowledge in-game.
Azryen was born the second son of a wealthy Faendryl family residing within the port city of Solhaven. His childhood was rife with emotional neglect, with his parents focusing their attention on their firstborn and having little but temper and cold disdain left for him. As a youth, he ran with a disreputable crowd, but his father turned a blind eye to his questionable escapades until a human girl claimed to be carrying Azryen's hathlyn child and attempted to blackmail his family.
Azryen was disowned and all his blood turned their back on him, though it turned out the girl was lying and the child she carried was fully human. She paid dearly for her deception, and her body was never found.
Alone on the streets of Solhaven, Azryen struggled to make a life for himself and suffered hunger, degradation, and misery. He allowed anger and loneliness to shape him. Vanity warred with self-loathing and punctuated a lingering, sullen discontentment with his lot. His life was unhappy and directionless. As the years passed, his bitterness grew, until he met a priest who taught him that his pain could have meaning, his suffering, purpose.
With the revelation that there was one who would embrace him as he was, he became a devout servant of Mularos, the Lord of Sorrow. His devotions primarily consisted of self-directed harm, harnessing his pain and practicing as a flagellant.
More recently, Azryen has cultivated connections within the Faendryl Enclave, with other Lornonites, and the close companionship of a certain surly half-elf that, together, give him some semblance of that sense of belonging for which he has always yearned.
- You see Azryen Verae Faendryl.
- He appears to be a Dark Elf.
- He is shorter than average and has a slender build. He appears to be young. He has deep violet eyes and smooth, pitch-hued skin. He has very long, thick white hair spilling through the gnarled tines of a backswept crown of twisted black brambles. He has an oval face and a gently sloped nose. The soft curvature of his features lends him an androgynous appearance.
- He has a thin polished gold ring in his left nostril.
- He is in good shape.
- He is wearing an austere cloak of pooling indigo silk, a vitreous ruby prism suspended from a slender gold chain, a single pauldron ridged with delicate gilded thorns, some matte black full plate, a rust-flecked iron manacle, some articulated black plate gauntlets, and some gold-swept black plate sabatons.