Gavrien is a surly half-elf freelancer who does business primarily in Solhaven and Wehnimer's Landing. This business usually consists of loresinging and acting as muscle-for-hire, and he is not known to be picky about which side of the law his clients are on.
He is of mixed Faendryl and Shakat descent and has been observed to carry a distinct chip on his shoulder with regards to purebred Faendryl, despite often being found in their company. (Some might argue that he has a chip on his shoulder about most everything. These people insist on calling him grumpy.) He is also notably vain, particularly in regards to his hair.
Gavrien is a (reluctant) member of the Faendryl Enclave, maintains association with the Guardians of Sunfist, and has been recognized by the Scions of Shaundara, a rebel band of half-elves within the Turamzzyrian Empire, as one of their number. He and his half-sister Edanthiel, who is herself full-Faendryl, are on good terms.
He makes his home in the Market Bend neighborhood of southern Solhaven, with his partner Azryen Verae.
- As the Crow Flies - a short recount of Gavrien's early history, followed by highlights of more recent events
- You see Gavrien the Bastard.
- He appears to be a Half-Elf.
- He is tall and has a hard-muscled physique. He appears to be mature. He has deep-set, narrow amber eyes and dusky olive skin. He has long, curly coal black hair tumbling past his shoulders in rebellious coils. He has an unshaven, angular face, a slightly crooked nose and a slanted scar across his upper lip.
- He has an inked ebon and silver jackdaw paired with a stylized crow on his arm.
- He is in good shape.
- He is wearing a scuffed black leather coat, a brushed suede neck pouch, a dark-stained leather bandolier over an open-necked white cotton shirt, some leathery scale-mottled handwraps, an overlapping pair of low-slung dark leather belts, some faded ebon pants with leather stitching down the sides, and a pair of dark scarred leather boots.
- an inked ebon and silver jackdaw paired with a stylized crow on his arm
- Two grappling corvids are inked in broad, stylized lines that imitate the strokes of a paintbrush. A rangy black crow and a smaller, grey-breasted jackdaw are caught mid-flight, the asymmetric and blurred splay of their wings evoking frantic struggle. Their sharp beaks are open and their talons tangled in each other's disheveled feathers, but with the coy angles of their heads and fanned tails, is not entirely clear whether the birds' encounter is one of conflict or courtship.
- Eyes of the Dawn - Raznel's Blood Marble - That time Gav got kidnapped for bloodplay.
- Eyes of the Dawn - Curing the Black Blood Blight - That time Gav lost his hair.
- Owly Eats People - If you've ever seen how Gavrien dislikes Owly, here's why. No really, that bird eats people.