Blood Son - 5120-07-22 - Five-Star Slaying

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

Koaratos 22-23, 5120

by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier


Summary

  • Rooks stir along the roofs as Malluch Burdos' bloodguards gather outside town, including robed figures wearing red oak masks. They chant and sing about healing the broken and letting them hear the truth of the Blood God as the Rooks ready their bows. Malluch says they're entering town despite the recent massacre, as they're above it and are here to preach, pray, and bring truth. However, the militia breaks up throughout the streets at connecting points as Thadston warns that they're not welcome in town with their message, then tells the Rooks to stand down or he'll bleed them too. Rone perches near the southern wall before slipping out of sight.
  • Acolytes approach the north gate regardless and many adventurers immediately attack. They try to throw up their hands and one tries to scramble away. Malluch says they come to bring a message of truth, potential, and purpose, but Mayor Leafiara and her ilk cut them down at the gates and the Landing might as well have burned the wagons itself.
  • Malluch says the gates aren't the only way into the town or into the hearts of others, and blood acolytes appear outside Moot Hall and try to talk to others. Adventurers head over to meet them as they protest they're being attacked, though this time most hold back. However, a Rook fires a warning shot at one of the acolytes. More of them gather outside the Raging Thrak Inn and furrier to continue preaching, but eventually...
  • A Rook shoots an acolyte through the eye and the Rooks make their move, hitting the streets. The militia follows suit and a four-way war breaks out as the militia battle Rooks and acolytes, Rooks battle the militia, acolytes, and adventurers, the acolytes battle the militia, Rooks, and adventurers, and adventurers battle the Rooks and the acolytes.
  • Hapenlok goads Malluch into a confrontation in front of his tent while Thadston marches the streets, smashing blood acolytes' faces in and tossing Rooks into buildings. Hap and Leafi speak with Malluch, where Hap says Malluch thinks he's got free will and Leafi says he's not even working with Grishom Stone. Malluch says he does serve Grishom and asks Leafi who she serves, since it's not Wehnimer's Landing; his acolytes came in peace when they didn't need to and they cut them down. He calls her worse than the Faendryl mayor who he would have expected this from. Elsewhere, Rone battles through town, sending acolytes flying with air ripples from her gauntlets.
  • Hap says the acolytes are battling in front of Malluch's home and his father's shop and Berost says they started fights; Malluch says they're defending themselves and the town shouldn't have expected anything less from the Rook Queen. He says there will be consequences, then sheathes his blades and walks off.
  • Meanwhile, back in town, a Rook arrow nearly hits a young boy, but Rone saves him with an air shield. Malluch tells his acolytes to pull back, as too many are endangered, they'll regroup, and the foolish Arkati worshippers won't keep their message quiet.


Highlights

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "If it comes to combat, Malluch is mine."
Speaking amusedly to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "I think he wants me, but sure, have at it first."
Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Good, I hope that's the case."
Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Because I'm going to let him kill you before I strike."
Madmountan asks, "Since when does the landing talk to guests instead of killing them?"
Hapenlok exclaims, "STOP!"
Hapenlok says, "They're not attacking."
Pukk asks, "Stop?"
Pukk asks, "This is Happy saying to stop attacking?"
Speaking to Goblyn, Pukk says, "Black is white, up is down...Happy is peaceful..."
[General] Hapenlok thinks, "...I can say, this is exactly what we don't need right now. It's hard to fathom, but releasing blood...IS NOT WHAT WE NEED RIGHT NOW."
[General] Kyal thinks, "I don't know why I thought shooting people so brainless in their brain would actually kill them."
Balley softly says, "Leafi, this is all Malluch NOT Stone I am sure of it."
Roelon deeply says, "Stone, at least, has ah little more class..."
Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "This is what happens when I try to be a nice guy."
Hapenlok says, "Now....they're all gonna die."
Speaking agreeably to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "Stick to what you know."
[General] Pukk thinks, "Don't forget. Tools need to be forged in fire and then cooled to become useful. That is what Grishom is doing with Malluch."
[General] Pietra thinks, "Wow Pukk... that was deep and stuff."
[General] Pukk exclaims, "Lies! I deny that accusation!"


Log

Tension in the Night

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see a dejected mountain spirit that is flying around, a yabathilium fruit, a cluster of ayanad crystals, a pale-faced coppery barn owl, a large Gnollish mushroom, a large acorn, a dusty nut brown armband, a bedraggled baby blue surcoat, a crystalline vial containing some glowing prismatic oil, a rose-marrow potion, some wolifrew lichen, some wolifrew lichen, a rose-marrow potion, some stone benches with some stuff on it and an herbal remedy donation bin.

Also here: Soat, Mistress Narqui, Mawii, Pukk, Horseman Elkiros who is riding a muscular black stallion, Lord Chamorr, Mayor Leafiara, Squire Legionnaire Iskandr who is sitting, Korgal, Great Lord Torpe who is sitting

The sky begins to fill with huge clouds, dark and grey on the bottom, pale and white atop, their puffy crowns ascending toward the heavens.

Leafiara musingly says, "Hm."

Leafiara slowly says, "Welp."

Speaking heartily to Pukk, Chamorr asks, "Know what ya call a guy with no arms or legs out in the water?"

Leafiara exclaims, "Got a live one!"

Pukk recites:

"Everybody join Leafiara!"

Speaking heartily to Pukk, Chamorr says, "Bob."

Some dark hooded figures move along some nearby rooftops.

Iskandr says, "Here we go again."

Yavs raspily asks, "What's going on?"

Leafiara musingly says, "I suppose we can meet them up there."

Leafiara recites:

"Join up!"

Speaking heartily to Bernadette, Chamorr says, "Just starun i think."

[General] Leafiara exclaims, "Looks like we have activity in town tonight!"

Iskandr says, "Should I play my biwa or pull a sword? So hard to tell which way these go."

[General] Chandrellia exclaims, "On my way!"

[General] Rawdune asks, "Activity?"

[General] Pukk thinks, "Keep on your toes, figures on the rooftops and remember, they might be friendly."

Leafiara says, "How about... the Moot Hall roof, maybe."

Some torch lights begin to glow amidst the pavilions within the forest as some of the people within the camps begin to stir.

Yavs raspily says, "Camps."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Razanetika exclaims, "Tag you're it!"

Leafiara says, "On second thought, maybe we need to brace for battle."

[General] Pukk thinks, "Unless your name is Malluch...then you are out of luck."

Leafiara says, "But we'll head for the roof anyway."

[Moot Hall, Rooftop]

Dark slate runs across the roof of Moot Hall, providing solid footing and an impressive view of the town square below. To the west, the great oak tree in the center of town rises up, partially obscuring the western side of the bazaar. You also see a wooden hatch and a wooden railing.

Chamorr heartily asks, "Why?"

Leafiara offhandedly says, "In case the Rooks want to meet up here."

Leafiara says, "If not, we'll head back down and see what's happening over in the camps."

Speaking to Leafiara, Pukk says, "I have always liked it up here."

Iskandr says, "Nice view."

Pukk says, "Although the furrier has a great view."

Chamorr heartily says, "Yeah, might have to slaughter all them sick an infirmed folks over there."

Leafiara slowly says, "...yeah, maybe we'll head out instead." [we'd been waiting a couple minutes]

Leafiara asks, "Everyone joined?"

Felita says, "Me toos."

[Wehnimer's, Outside Gate]

Citizens, merchants and assorted dregs of society jostle against you before the great wooden gates of Wehnimer's Landing. Harried guards and militiamen try to keep the chaos to a minimum, but it is hard to keep track of those entering, let alone leaving, this large trading post. A dirt path encircling the wooden palisade of the town leads east and southwest. Nailed prominently to the wooden wall beside the gate is a sign you really should read. You also see the Wayside inn.

Yavs raspily asks, "Was my patient not joined?"

Speaking to Yavs, Leafiara asks, "Who?"

Yavs raspily says, "Oh, we're good."

Speaking to Yavs, Pukk says, "He wasn't patient enough."

Ceilia asks, "On the way to the encampment?"

[General] Leafiara thinks, "We're gathering outside the North Gate in case things turn... sour."

[General] Chandrellia thinks, "Ok be there in a momant."

(OOC) Madmountan's player whispers to the group, "Leafiara looks peaked and bothered. - I always wonder if that should be piqued instead due to the context of being irritated by 130 sickness."

(OOC) Leafiara's player whispers to the group, "Probably, yeah!"

Leafiara mischievously says, "Either way, this should be good."

The voice of Goblyn wonders, "There is the waiting for... what reason in this place?"

Chandrellia softly exclaims, "Goblyn!"

Leafiara explains, "It's a decent compromise point between waiting on the inside and outside."

Pukk says, "Madmountan is going to juggle 3 halflings for us tonight."

Speaking to Leafiara, Iskandr says, "Outside was rough last time."

Madmountan says, "I'm sure I could handle that."

Some robed figures within the pavilion camp sites outside of town begin to move about the forest, seeming to gathering in numbers and many beginning to place red oak masks over their faces.

Leafiara pragmatically says, "If Malluch strikes, or if the Rooks strike, then either way we're positioned--"

Leafiara says, "Well."

Leafiara muses, "The oak and the beaks, huh?"

Hapenlok says, "Then a lot of people are going to die."

Chandrellia yells, "Oh enough with the masks! We'll just see who you are after we pick thru your bodies!"

Chamorr heartily says, "They is wearin masks."

Iskandr asks, "Anyone seen masks of that nature before?"

Leafiara cautions, "Brace for conflict."

Chamorr heartily says, "Wonder if they is social distancing too."

(OOC) Pukk's player whispers to the group, "Those masks always remind me of Naruto."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia asks, "What is it with people thinking masks are an intimidation factor?"

(OOC) Pukk's player whispers to the group, "Obito."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Leafiara says, "I'm not sure it's that--it might just be a show of solidarity."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Goblyn asks, "Maybe it is not intimidation?"

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "If it comes to combat, Malluch is mine."

Leafiara says, "Or identifiers in the battle that's probably about to break out."

Goblyn points at Leafiara.

Goblyn beams happily at Leafiara!

Speaking amusedly to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "I think he wants me, but sure, have at it first."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia asks, "Oh! so can we call sheeples then?"

Speaking to Hapenlok, Pukk asks, "Are you sure you are UP to it?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Good, I hope that's the case."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Because I'm going to let him kill you before I strike."

Ushakaron deeply says, "She still lives."

Iskandr says, "Wish I had a few more spells pumping through my blood, but if it's anything like last time, I'm not sure it matters much."

Speaking softly to Ushakaron, Chandrellia says, "Yes she does and I am glad for it."

Speaking impishly to Ushakaron, Goblyn asks, "You are certain of this?"

Ushakaron deeply says, "Pretty certain."

Some of the red oak masked figures amidst the forest begin to break into song. "Let us heal the broken, let us heal the beaten, let them hear the truth of the Blood God..." They continue in an odd mixture of chant and song.

Leafiara musingly wonders, "Maybe I should provoke him--"

Iskandr asks, "Oh, it's going to be one of those blood healing night, huh?"

Goblyn asks, "They are maybe meaning to be breaking our ears with this... sound?"

Pukk says, "Well, their tempo needs work..."

Chamorr heartily says, "Blood god."

[General] Leafiara amusedly thinks, "Oh, Malluch, do you ever learn new tricks? Purging the Landing of corruption, purging the Landing of disease. One mask to another."

Chandrellia sings:

"Let us stand strong, let us stay loyal, this blood god is far from royal"

Yavs raspily says, "When I think about healing the broken, I'm not sure this is what I think of."

[General] Hapenlok exclaims, "Oi, Burdos, the Younger!"

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Firsht shine ub trubull, me ish runnin."

Speaking to Yavs, Iskandr asks, "You haven't dabbled in any Blood magic yet?"

Pukk sings:

"Heck no

Malluch must go"

Some dark hooded figures move towards rooftops near the pallisade walls of Wehnimer's Landing. Many sling bows off of their shoulders, moonlight and rain making the silver beaks of their masks shine.

Chandrellia softly exclaims, "Stand ready!"

Chamorr heartily says, "Battle of the masks."

Speaking softly to Chamorr, Chandrellia says, "Oh."

Iskandr asks, "So that's the Rooks, yet?"

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "You and I, are going to have to have a bit of a conversation about what you're delving into."

Beldannon quietly asks, "Let them kill each other?"

Goblyn baffledly asks, "They are... this Rooks, but they are not this Rooks?"

Speaking softly to Chamorr, Chandrellia says, "Well."

[General] Leafiara disappointedly thinks, "The only thing you've done differently this time is learned that you can't win as a one-man crusade."

Chandrellia removes a smooth alabaster mask dangling silvery gossamer ribbons from in her velvet cloak.

Chandrellia softly says, "I guess I should wear mine."

Chandrellia presses a smooth alabaster mask dangling silvery gossamer ribbons against her face. After a moment, the mask sinks into her skin, and her appearance is transformed. The mask is gone.

Iskandr says, "I wish I still had my dancer mask on me."

Felita says, "Ise cornfuzzled."

Felita asks, "Who be who?"

Pukk mutters, "Now I'm hungry for corn."

Speaking heartily to Felita, Chamorr says, "And rightfully so."

Iskandr asks, "Which side needs killing?"

[General] Leafiara offers, "On the bright side, Madmountan's out tonight so you can fail to kill him again."

Speaking to Goblyn, Thrassus says, "Good to see you again."

Speaking to Iskandr, Hapenlok says, "So far? None."

Speaking to Thrassus, Goblyn grumbles, "Maybe it is, yes."

Speaking to Iskandr, Hapenlok says, "So far? None."

[General] Leafiara adds, "Goblyn too. The whole gang is here."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "I want to see his blades at work, though."

Speaking to Goblyn, Thrassus asks, "Something wrong?"

Iskandr asks, "If both sides start shooting at each other, do we just have a picnic?"

The singing from the forest continues, "Let us heal the broken....let us heal the beaten...let us lead the lost...."

Speaking slowly to Thrassus, Goblyn says, "Nothing is -wrong-, no."

[General] Leafiara curiously inquires, "Going to bring out your petrification wand again so you can keep reliving the glory days? Or how about that antimagic serum you stuck Crux with?"

Speaking to Thrassus, Goblyn adds, "Maybe."

[General] Hapenlok mutters, "The hell with this."

Chandrellia sings:

"Let us be loyal to each other, let us heal the wounded, we shall lead the lost thru OUR gates."

Speaking curiously to Hapenlok, Leafiara asks, "Meteor time?"

Speaking to an ember-eyed fire wyrdling, Hapenlok commands, "Stay."

Chandrellia yells, "Is that the best you all got!"

Hapenlok says, "Not yet."

[General] Malluch thinks, "We are entering town. Despite the massacre that occured nights before, that is a matter to solve another day. We are above this, we are beyond this. The town is hungry to hear our message. We will come. We will preach, we will pray, we will bring truth."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "I'm going to pick a fight."

Gutstorm drunkenly exclaims, "Madmountan, yooz got a furry booger crawlin on yooz nose!"

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Over my dead body, Burdos."

Speaking to Balley, Pukk says, "Here I was just thinking that we might be horribly murdered and was looking for company."

[General] Leafiara mentions, "Hey, Malluch, that council position Puptilian turned you down for is opening up soon."

[General] Leafiara curiously asks, "Want another run at it?"

Balley softly says, "Nope I was hiding."

Speaking to Gutstorm, Goblyn whispers aloud, "Why will you be telling him? Now he will maybe rub it off!"

Chamorr heartily says, "Nope, I hear ya knockin, butchya can't come in."

Gutstorm drunkenly asks, "Cant we jusht CLOSESH da gatesh?"

Speaking to Balley, Pukk asks, "What is a few missing limbs amongst friends?"

Speaking hopefully to Gutstorm, Goblyn says, "Though maybe he will eat it instead."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "If you think that I'm going to allow you to spread Grishom's filth any further, then we've got problems, here, friend."

[General] Chandrellia thinks, "Malluch the only thing you bring is lies and indiscretions."

Speaking to Leafiara, Nuc says, "What are we doin mayor? What's the plan."

Speaking amusedly to Nuc, Leafiara says, "Hopefully provoking him into a battle."

Some town militia begin to roam through the streets, breaking into smaller pockets and taking positions along connecting roadways of the town.

Iskandr says, "Perhaps we should start a third odd cult right here right now to confuse them all."

[General] Leafiara acknowledges, "Credit where it's due, at least your new master is a little less detestable than Praxopius. If you're even working with him at all, anyway."

Balley softly says, "We will see what happens."

[General] Thadston thinks, "You're not welcome in town. Not with your message."

Chamorr heartily says, "I am a follower of Dalwhinnie."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "I should go leave some letters outside the Deadfall to let Stone know you're embarrassing him, Malluch. Then he'll know how Koar felt about Chaston."

Speaking drunkenly to Goblyn, Gutstorm exclaims, "I lub wotcha dun wiff yer hair!"

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Murdos, I suppose now is the time to talk some sense into your Son."

[General] Thadston thinks, "Rooks, stand down, or I'll bleed you too."

Chamorr heartily says, "There's Thaddy."

Chamorr heartily says, "Kin he see yet."

Nuc says, "I'll leave the taunting to you well learned ones."

Pukk says, "He's always in such a great mood."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok requests, "Blues, please. Just one cast of each."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "...for the record, Mother, *that's* a warning. I only made a request when I said it."

Chamorr heartily says, "Or is he gonna blindly swing at stuff."

Speaking grumpily to Gutstorm, Goblyn mutters, "It is maybe very... not behaving."

Chamorr heartily says, "Maybe Winston kin help him."

Balley softly says, "Thadston decided to chime in? Where has he been since his first arrival."

Speaking to Balley, Leafiara asks, "Curious, isn't it?"

[General] Gutstorm exclaims, "Get out me head!"

Speaking to Balley, Hapenlok whispers aloud, "Watch him."

Balley softly says, "Yes."

Beldannon quietly says, "Maybe he has been fishing with me."

Berost deeply asks, "We formed on tha mayor?"

Beldannon quietly says, "He hasn't but he could have been."

[General] Leafiara adds, "We can discuss that another time. For now, I think we're about to fight."

Iskandr asks, "Any more factions want to get in on this while we're all gathering pitchforks?"

Near the southern wall of town, a white-cloaked figure can be seen briefly perched upon the pallisades like a ghostly gargoyle. The figure slips out of sight.

Speaking to Leafiara, Pietra asks, "We're about to fight?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Pukk says, "That or have a dance off..."

Leafiara asks, "Rone? ...was I right that she was behind this?"

Pietra says, "Always with the fighting."

Leafiara says, "The only time we've seen her, she was disrupting wagons then too."

Pukk exclaims, "We win!"

Speaking to Pukk, Pietra exclaims, "Time for a celebratory drink!"

Iskandr says, "Oh the things I get caught up in."

Speaking to Pietra, Pukk exclaims, "And more dancing!"

Nuc says, "I could go for a dance off."

Leafiara suspiciously says, "...leaving that for another time, I suppose."

Speaking to Pukk, Nuc says, "I'm quite the dancer."

Speaking to Nuc, Pukk says, "You must be light on your toes."

Leafiara mentions, "Funny thing is I was just considering posting a message on the tree for Rone, in case we need her gauntlets to undo Malluch's petrification trick again."

Speaking to Leafiara, Iskandr asks, "Mayor, who will I be swinging my sword at this evening?"

Speaking drunkenly to Goblyn, Gutstorm says, "Lightning...yooz besht hide, yer hair can nae handle anudda hit."

Speaking casually to Iskandr, Leafiara says, "The bloodguards, probably."


First Contact

Some red-masked blood acolytes begin to make their way towards the north gate.

Speaking softly to Iskandr, Chandrellia says, "You swing at a townsfolk and we'll have issues. I suggest you keep your sword point at the woods."

A red-masked robed blood acolyte just arrived!

Yavs raspily says, "Look lively, everyone."

Gutstorm forms several angular gestures while chanting rumbling phrases of power in the Dwarven tongue...

Gutstorm gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

CS: +433 - TD: +504 + CvA: +20 + d100: +58 == +7

Warded off!

Tiny colorful twinkling motes gather in the palm of Chandrellia's hand as she prepares a spell...

Chandrellia gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

Chandrellia concentrates intently on a red-masked robed blood acolyte, and a pulse of pearlescent energy ripples toward it!

CS: +216 - TD: +472 + CvA: +20 + d100: +74 == -162

Warded off!

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Well ok then."

Iskandr swings a scratched golvern falchion at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

The robed blood acolyte evades the attack by inches!

Placing the fingers of his left hand upon the back of his right, Kondus slowly traces out a pattern on his alabaster skin and an ethereal light begins to illuminate his veins. Slowly, methodically, Kondus intones a soft prayer and the patterns, which now dance like eels beneath waves, suddenly burst from his flesh in a fine mist.

Kondus gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

A scintillating, blue-white aura encompasses a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

CS: +405 - TD: +483 + CvA: +20 + d100: +83 == +25

Warded off!

[Roll result: -124 (open d100: 12)]

Chamorr hurls himself at a red-masked robed blood acolyte, but he sails by and lands in a heap on the ground.

Speaking amusedly to a red-masked robed blood acolyte, Leafiara says, "Oh, get outta here."

Draelor cocks and loads his villswood heavy crossbow with a black banded faewood bolt fletched with grey feathers.

Draelor fires his villswood heavy crossbow at a red-masked robed blood acolyte but the shot flies wide of the target!

The bolt streaks off into the distance!

Pietra leaps from hiding to attack!

Pietra swings a murky black adamantine wakizashi at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

The robed blood acolyte evades the attack by inches!

Placing the fingers of his left hand upon the back of his right, Kondus slowly traces out a pattern on his alabaster skin and an ethereal light begins to illuminate his veins. Slowly, methodically, Kondus intones a soft prayer and the patterns, which now dance like eels beneath waves, suddenly burst from his flesh in a fine mist.

Kondus gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

A scintillating, blue-white aura encompasses a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

CS: +405 - TD: +483 + CvA: +20 + d100: +20 == -38

Warded off!

Tilbin utters a phrase of magic as his fingertips drip with condensation.

Tilbin gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

Tilbin hurls a seething blast of steam at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

The robed blood acolyte dodges just in the nick of time!

Iskandr swings a scratched golvern falchion at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

The robed blood acolyte evades the attack with incredible finesse!

Chaotic distortions of light surround Avaldur's hands as he chants a few words of magic...

Avaldur gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

CS: +530 - TD: +504 + CvA: +20 + d100: +81 == +127

Warding failed!

... and hits for 22 points of damage!

Bernadette swings a black vultite miner's axe at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

With incredible finesse, the robed blood acolyte deflects the attack with his wooden shield!

Nuc says, "Hey there."

Placing the fingers of his left hand upon the back of his right, Kondus slowly traces out a pattern on his alabaster skin and an ethereal light begins to illuminate his veins. Slowly, methodically, Kondus intones a soft prayer and the patterns, which now dance like eels beneath waves, suddenly burst from his flesh in a fine mist.

Kondus gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

A scintillating, blue-white aura encompasses a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

CS: +405 - TD: +483 + CvA: +20 + d100: +69 == +11

Warded off!

Pukk attempts to punch a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

UAF: 612 vs UDF: 546 = 1.120 * MM: 69 + d100: 15 = 92

A close miss!

Madmountan looks determined and focused.

In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Madmountan engages a red-masked robed blood acolyte in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!

Madmountan attempts to jab a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

UAF: 709 vs UDF: 510 = 1.390 * MM: 25 + d100: 39 = 73

A close miss!

Madmountan attempts to jab a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

UAF: 709 vs UDF: 510 = 1.390 * MM: 50 + d100: 4 = 73

A close miss!

Madmountan attempts to jab a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

UAF: 709 vs UDF: 510 = 1.390 * MM: -11 + d100: 49 = 34

A clean miss!

Madmountan attempts to jab a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

UAF: 709 vs UDF: 510 = 1.390 * MM: 55 + d100: 91 = 167

... and hit for 3 points of damage!

Jab to chest. *THUMP!*

Madmountan attempts to jab a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

UAF: 709 vs UDF: 510 = 1.390 * MM: 19 + d100: 2 = 28

A clean miss!

Madmountan attempts to jab a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

UAF: 709 vs UDF: 510 = 1.390 * MM: 40 + d100: 58 = 113

... and hit for 1 point of damage!

Ineffective swat to the belly.

Madmountan attempts to jab a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

UAF: 709 vs UDF: 510 = 1.390 * MM: -4 + d100: 73 = 68

A close miss!

Hapenlok's hands glow with power as he summons elemental energy to his command...

Pietra leaps from hiding to attack!

Pietra swings a murky black adamantine wakizashi at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

The robed blood acolyte skillfully blocks the attack with his shield!

Tilbin utters a phrase of magic as his fingertips drip with condensation.

Tilbin gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

Tilbin hurls a seething blast of steam at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

AS: +463 vs DS: +334 with AvD: +22 + d100 roll: +59 = +210

... and hits for 31 points of damage!

The robed blood acolyte barely notices the puff of steam.

Hapenlok gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

The ground beneath a red-masked robed blood acolyte begins to boil violently!

Craggy debris explodes from the ground beneath a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

[SMR result: 73 (Open d100: 95, Bonus: 3)]

He dodges out of the way!

Roelon brings a hand up to his lips and forms a sign with his fingers as he whispers a quiet invocation.

Roelon gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath a red-masked robed blood acolyte! The acolyte manages to get out of the way!

Iskandr swings a scratched golvern falchion at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

Amazingly, the robed blood acolyte manages to block the attack with his shield!

Placing the fingers of his left hand upon the back of his right, Kondus slowly traces out a pattern on his alabaster skin and an ethereal light begins to illuminate his veins. Slowly, methodically, Kondus intones a soft prayer and the patterns, which now dance like eels beneath waves, suddenly burst from his flesh in a fine mist.

Kondus gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

A scintillating, blue-white aura encompasses a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

CS: +405 - TD: +483 + CvA: +20 + d100: +14 == -44

Warded off!

Draelor cocks and loads his villswood heavy crossbow with a black banded faewood bolt fletched with grey feathers.

Draelor fires his villswood heavy crossbow at a red-masked robed blood acolyte but the shot flies wide of the target!

The bolt streaks off into the distance!

Chaotic distortions of light surround Avaldur's hands as he chants a few words of magic...

Avaldur gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

CS: +530 - TD: +504 + CvA: +20 + d100: +22 == +68

Warded off!

A dull grey beam snakes out toward the robed blood acolyte, but dissipates upon impact.

Motes of silvery light sparkle across Leafiara's skin, twinkling like stars as she prepares a spell...

Leafiara gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

Nothing happens.

Nuc asks, "Why don't we talk to him first?"

Craggy debris explodes from the ground beneath a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

[SMR result: 30 (Open d100: 32, Bonus: 3)]

He dodges out of the way!

Pukk draws an intricately glowing pattern in the air before him.

A red-masked robed blood acolyte is not affected by the patterns.

Tilbin's hands glow with power as he summons elemental energy to his command...

Tilbin gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

Tilbin hurls a hissing stream of acid at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

AS: +467 vs DS: +353 with AvD: +14 + d100 roll: +29 = +157

... and hits for 16 points of damage!

The robed blood acolyte avoids the worst of the attack but still gets a singed forearm.

Some of the acid sticks to a red-masked robed blood acolyte and continues to bubble away!

Chamorr stares down a red-masked robed blood acolyte and lets out an eerie, modulating cry!

A red-masked robed blood acolyte is unaffected!

Craggy debris explodes from the ground beneath a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

[SMR result: 24 (Open d100: 24, Bonus: 3)]

He dodges out of the way!

Placing the fingers of his left hand upon the back of his right, Kondus slowly traces out a pattern on his alabaster skin and an ethereal light begins to illuminate his veins. Slowly, methodically, Kondus intones a soft prayer and the patterns, which now dance like eels beneath waves, suddenly burst from his flesh in a fine mist.

Kondus gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

A scintillating, blue-white aura encompasses a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

CS: +405 - TD: +483 + CvA: +20 + d100: +76 == +18

Warded off!

Iskandr swings a scratched golvern falchion at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

The robed blood acolyte evades the attack by inches!

Motes of silvery light sparkle across Leafiara's skin, twinkling like stars as she prepares a spell...

Leafiara gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

[SMR result: 35 (Open d100: 36, Bonus: 3)]

A distant melody gives a red-masked robed blood acolyte pause, but nothing comes of it.

Fiery debris explodes from the ground beneath a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

[SMR result: 77 (Open d100: 78, Bonus: 3)]

He dodges out of the way!

Pukk attempts to punch a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

UAF: 612 vs UDF: 574 = 1.066 * MM: -26 + d100: 48 = 21

A clean miss!

[Roll result: -33 (open d100: 83)]

Pietra crouches and sweeps a leg at a red-masked robed blood acolyte but misses!

Draelor cocks and loads his villswood heavy crossbow with a black banded faewood bolt fletched with grey feathers.

Draelor fires a faewood bolt at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

The robed blood acolyte gauges the missile's flight and moves a fraction of an inch as it passes harmlessly by!

The bolt streaks off into the distance!

Placing the fingers of his left hand upon the back of his right, Kondus slowly traces out a pattern on his alabaster skin and an ethereal light begins to illuminate his veins. Slowly, methodically, Kondus intones a soft prayer and the patterns, which now dance like eels beneath waves, suddenly burst from his flesh in a fine mist.

Kondus gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

A scintillating, blue-white aura encompasses a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

CS: +405 - TD: +483 + CvA: +20 + d100: +42 == -16

Warded off!

Ceilia says, "Bit late for that."

Acid continues to eat away at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

... 5 points of damage!

Splash of acid hits shoulder and runs down the back in a painful trail.

Craggy debris explodes from the ground beneath a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

[SMR result: 51 (Open d100: 51, Bonus: 4)]

He dodges out of the way!

Soat swings a closed fist at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

AS: +9 vs DS: +463 with AvD: -23 + d100 roll: +70 = -407

A clean miss.

[Roll result: -109 (open d100: 7)]

Pietra crouches and sweeps a leg at a red-masked robed blood acolyte but misses!

Pietra ends up tripping herself!

Nuc asks, "Instead of just murdering him?"

Pukk attempts to punch a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

UAF: 613 vs UDF: 581 = 1.055 * MM: -14 + d100: 36 = 22

A clean miss!

Speaking flippantly to Nuc, Leafiara says, "Nah."

Fiery debris explodes from the ground beneath a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

[SMR result: -118 (Open d100: -118, Bonus: 4)]

He dodges out of the way!

The ground beneath a red-masked robed blood acolyte suddenly calms.

Motes of silvery light sparkle across Leafiara's skin, twinkling like stars as she prepares a spell...

Leafiara gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

[SMR result: 82 (Open d100: 83, Bonus: 4)]

A distant melody gives a red-masked robed blood acolyte pause, but nothing comes of it.

Iskandr swings a scratched golvern falchion at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

With extreme effort, the robed blood acolyte blocks the attack with his shield!

Placing the fingers of his left hand upon the back of his right, Kondus slowly traces out a pattern on his alabaster skin and an ethereal light begins to illuminate his veins. Slowly, methodically, Kondus intones a soft prayer and the patterns, which now dance like eels beneath waves, suddenly burst from his flesh in a fine mist.

Kondus gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

A scintillating, blue-white aura encompasses a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

CS: +405 - TD: +483 + CvA: +20 + d100: +16 == -42

Warded off!

Bernadette swings a black vultite miner's axe at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

AS: +552 vs DS: +459 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +76 = +192

... and hits for 22 points of damage!

Blow raises a welt on the robed blood acolyte's right arm.

Draelor cocks and loads his villswood heavy crossbow with a black banded faewood bolt fletched with grey feathers.

Draelor fires his villswood heavy crossbow at a red-masked robed blood acolyte but the shot flies wide of the target!

The bolt streaks off into the distance!

Acid continues to eat away at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

... 5 points of damage!

The robed blood acolyte avoids the worst of the attack but still gets a singed forearm.

The acid quickly bubbles away and disappears.

Pukk attempts to punch a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

UAF: 613 vs UDF: 549 = 1.116 * MM: 43 + d100: 71 = 119

... and hit for 3 points of damage!

Pathetic strike to chest! The robed blood acolyte looks unimpressed.

Yavs raspily says, "Eep."

[General] Malluch asks, "You attack us?"

Roelon swings a slim dark sinuous blade at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

The robed blood acolyte gracefully avoids the attack!

Soat swings a chrome claidhmore at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

The robed blood acolyte evades the attack by inches!

Nuc barks out a series of arcane syllables as his lithe fingers nimbly trace through the air to summon a spell...

Nuc gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

A long thorny vine suddenly sprouts from the ground and begins to thrash about violently!

The long thorny vine lashes out at a red-masked robed blood acolyte, but is unable to grasp it.

Placing the fingers of his left hand upon the back of his right, Kondus slowly traces out a pattern on his alabaster skin and an ethereal light begins to illuminate his veins. Slowly, methodically, Kondus intones a soft prayer and the patterns, which now dance like eels beneath waves, suddenly burst from his flesh in a fine mist.

Kondus gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

A scintillating, blue-white aura encompasses a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

CS: +405 - TD: +483 + CvA: +20 + d100: +67 == +9

Warded off!

Gutstorm drunkenly exclaims, "Can talk to him after he good and dead!"

Pearly light flares up suddenly from within Iskandr!

Iskandr swings a scratched golvern falchion at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

The robed blood acolyte skillfully dodges the attack!

Bernadette swings a black vultite miner's axe at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

AS: +552 vs DS: +426 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +13 = +162

... and hits for 16 points of damage!

Blow raises a welt on the robed blood acolyte's left arm.

Pukk attempts to punch a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

UAF: 613 vs UDF: 502 = 1.221 * MM: 72 + d100: 24 = 111

... and hit for 2 points of damage!

Ineffectual strike to back! Did he even notice?

Necrotic energy from Pukk's golvern-hooked gloves flares up momentarily!

Pukk appears to gain succour from the unnatural energy!

Lancing outward from Pukk's golvern-hooked gloves, a thin whip of twisted force lashes out at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

... 10 points of damage!

Slight leg hold.

Placing the fingers of his left hand upon the back of his right, Kondus slowly traces out a pattern on his alabaster skin and an ethereal light begins to illuminate his veins. Slowly, methodically, Kondus intones a soft prayer and the patterns, which now dance like eels beneath waves, suddenly burst from his flesh in a fine mist.

Kondus gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

A scintillating, blue-white aura encompasses a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

CS: +405 - TD: +483 + CvA: +20 + d100: +45 == -13

Warded off!

Draelor cocks and loads his villswood heavy crossbow with a black banded faewood bolt fletched with grey feathers.

Draelor fires his villswood heavy crossbow at a red-masked robed blood acolyte but the shot flies wide of the target!

The bolt streaks off into the distance!

Roelon swings a slim dark sinuous blade at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

The robed blood acolyte gracefully avoids the attack!

A red-masked robed blood acolyte just arrived!

Pukk attempts to punch a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

UAF: 618 vs UDF: 533 = 1.159 * MM: 55 + d100: 95 = 158

... and hit for 12 points of damage!

Quick punch to right arm doesn't do any real damage.

Pearly light flares up suddenly from within Iskandr!

Iskandr swings a scratched golvern falchion at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

The robed blood acolyte moves at the last moment to evade the attack!

Bernadette swings a black vultite miner's axe at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

The robed blood acolyte gracefully avoids the attack!

Nuc barks out a series of arcane syllables as his lithe fingers nimbly trace through the air to summon a spell...

Nuc gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath a red-masked robed blood acolyte! The acolyte manages to get out of the way!

A red-masked robed blood acolyte just arrived!

[Roll result: -130 (open d100: 11)]

Chamorr attempts to bearhug a red-masked robed blood acolyte, but he trips and falls clumsily to the ground!

Madmountan asks, "Since when does the landing talk to guests instead of killing them?"

Pukk attempts to punch a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

UAF: 613 vs UDF: 502 = 1.221 * MM: 53 + d100: 35 = 99

A close miss!

Tilbin utters a phrase of magic as his fingertips drip with condensation.

Tilbin gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

Tilbin hurls a seething blast of steam at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

AS: +471 vs DS: +306 with AvD: +22 + d100 roll: +61 = +248

... and hits for 46 points of damage!

Hot steam spray to the leg makes the robed blood acolyte jump back.

Necrotic energy from Tilbin's ebonwood staff flares up momentarily!

Tilbin appears to gain succour from the unnatural energy!

Nuc barks out a series of arcane syllables as his lithe fingers nimbly trace through the air to summon a spell...

Nuc gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath a red-masked robed blood acolyte! The acolyte manages to get out of the way!

Pietra looks determined and focused.

In a breathtaking display of ability and combat mastery, Pietra whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!

Pietra swings a murky black adamantine wakizashi at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!


The robed blood acolyte easily blocks the attack with his wooden shield!

Pietra swings a murky black adamantine wakizashi at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

The robed blood acolyte moves slightly, letting the attack pass harmlessly by!

Pietra swings a murky black adamantine wakizashi at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

The robed blood acolyte barely manages to block the attack with his shield!

Leafiara says, "When you call yourself a follower of the Blood Son, you live by it."

Chaotic distortions of light surround Avaldur's hands as he chants a few words of magic...

Avaldur gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

CS: +530 - TD: +504 + CvA: +20 + d100: +94 == +140

Warding failed!

A dull grey beam snakes out toward the robed blood acolyte!

... 47 points of damage!

... 15 points of damage!

Surface of right leg etched to little effect.

The long thorny vine lashes out at a red-masked robed blood acolyte, but is unable to grasp it.

Hapenlok says, "You know, he's not even attacking."

Draelor gestures while summoning the spirits of nature to his aid...

Draelor gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath a red-masked robed blood acolyte! The acolyte manages to get out of the way!

Roelon swings a slim dark sinuous blade at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

The robed blood acolyte barely dodges the attack!

A pale-faced coppery barn owl flies in.

Iskandr swings a scratched golvern falchion at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

The robed blood acolyte gracefully avoids the attack!

Pukk attempts to punch a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

UAF: 613 vs UDF: 409 = 1.498 * MM: 95 + d100: 60 = 202

... and hit for 26 points of damage!

Wild side punch smashes into left hand, pinning it against his body.

The robed blood acolyte starts to favor his wounded arm!

Yavs appears to be focusing his thoughts while chanting softly...

Yavs gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

Yavs looks less calm and refreshed than a moment ago.

Yavs concentrates intently on a red-masked robed blood acolyte, and a pulse of pearlescent energy ripples toward it!

CS: +76 - TD: +472 + CvA: +20 + d100: +50 == -326

Warded off!

Bernadette looks about and lets loose an echoing shout!

Bernadette's shout encourages your fighting spirit! Nuc barks out a series of arcane syllables as his lithe fingers nimbly trace through the air to summon a spell... Nuc gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath a red-masked robed blood acolyte! The acolyte manages to get out of the way!

Madmountan looks determined and focused.

In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Madmountan engages a red-masked robed blood acolyte in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!

Madmountan attempts to jab a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

Pearly light flares up suddenly from within Madmountan!

UAF: 739 vs UDF: 656 = 1.126 * MM: 42 + d100: 63 = 110

... and hit for 1 point of damage!

Poor form! Barely brushed the left arm.

Madmountan attempts to jab a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

UAF: 724 vs UDF: 656 = 1.103 * MM: -5 + d100: 13 = 8

A clean miss!

Madmountan attempts to jab a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

UAF: 724 vs UDF: 656 = 1.103 * MM: -6 + d100: 95 = 89

A close miss!

Madmountan attempts to jab a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

UAF: 724 vs UDF: 656 = 1.103 * MM: -6 + d100: 88 = 82

A close miss!

Madmountan attempts to jab a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

UAF: 724 vs UDF: 656 = 1.103 * MM: 14 + d100: 18 = 33

A clean miss! Madmountan attempts to jab a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

UAF: 724 vs UDF: 656 = 1.103 * MM: 7 + d100: 99 = 106

... and hit for 1 point of damage!

Poor form! Barely brushed the left arm.

Madmountan attempts to jab a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

UAF: 724 vs UDF: 656 = 1.103 * MM: 10 + d100: 91 = 102

... and hit for 1 point of damage!

Feeble strike to leg. The robed blood acolyte probably scratches himself harder than that!

Chaotic distortions of light surround Avaldur's hands as he chants a few words of magic...

Avaldur gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

CS: +530 - TD: +504 + CvA: +20 + d100: +47 == +93

Warded off!

A dull grey beam snakes out toward the robed blood acolyte, but dissipates upon impact.

The blood acolytes try to throw up their hands!

Tilbin utters a phrase of magic as his fingertips drip with condensation.

Tilbin gestures at a red-masked robed blood acolyte.

Tilbin hurls a seething blast of steam at a red-masked robed blood acolyte!

AS: +485 vs DS: +203 with AvD: +22 + d100 roll: +61 = +365

... and hits for 89 points of damage!

Close proximity to scalding mist cause minor burns to back side!

The robed blood acolyte falls to the ground and dies.

[regular snipped combat from here on out; I just wanted to illustrate how big these things are]


Upping the Ante

Speaking approvingly to Madmountan, Leafiara says, "Exactly."

[combat]

Speaking to Gutstorm, Goblyn says, "This is not always true in all times."

[combat]

Hapenlok exclaims, "STOP!"

[combat]

Speaking curiously to Hapenlok, Leafiara asks, "Why?"

Pukk asks, "Stop?"

Pukk asks, "This is Happy saying to stop attacking?"

Gutstorm sings with jollity:

"Yoink"

Hapenlok says, "They're not attacking."

[combat]

Leafiara admits, "I mean, they're a little stronger than usual, but..."

Nuc says, "I think we should talk with them."

Speaking reluctantly to Hapenlok, Leafiara sighs, "Fine, fine, have it your way."

Iskandr says, "He has a point."

The blood acolyte tries to scramble away.

[combat]

Xorus asks, "Is there some particular reason for this, or is it all a matter of wanton violence?"

[combat]

Speaking curiously to a red-masked robed blood acolyte, Leafiara asks, "So what brings ya here tonight?"

[General] Thrassus thinks, "You wouldn't belive who folk will attack around here for practically no reason."

[combat]

Iskandr asks, "Maybe we're killing them and making them stronger or something?"

[combat]

Speaking to Goblyn, Pukk says, "Black is white, up is down...Happy is peaceful..."

Yavs raspily asks, "Everyone ok?"

[General] Kyal thinks, "Hell, I'll attack anyone for no reason."

Speaking to a pale-faced coppery barn owl, Pukk says, "Talk sense into them."

Veredox says, "All good."

Yavs raspily asks, "Anyone require medical addention?"

Speaking to a pale-faced coppery barn owl, Pukk says, "One of two hoots and they should understand."

[General] Malluch asks, "We come to bring a message of truth...of potential...of purpose....and the Mayor and her ilk cut us down at the gates?"

Nuc says, "I still think we could've had a nice conversation with him."

Goblyn begins chortling at Pukk.

Thrassus asks, "Has the fit of madness passed yet?"

[General] Malluch thinks, "You might as well have burned the wagons yourself."

Speaking to Goblyn, Pukk says, "He is very convincing when he hoots."

Nuc asks, "Maybe they were just trying to find the bathhouse?"

[General] Pietra thinks, "Someone said we were going to have to fight..."

Speaking amusedly to Thrassus, Goblyn notes, "It is never passed in this town of the living."

[General] Leafiara amusedly thinks, "We did the same for your last message of justice."

Speaking to Nuc, Veredox says, "They could use it."

Draelor says, "I guess this wasn't the best time for a stroll outside the gate after all."

Nuc exclaims, "I know!"

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "They had gemsh on dem, dey wash up to no goot."

Iskandr asks, "Maybe they want to die? Blood spilling and all that?"

Nuc says, "All that blood."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "....Burdos, you've seen how it is here. YOU GREW UP HERE."

Speaking to Draelor, Iskandr says, "Glad you made it to the party."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "You don't get to talk about bloodshed while preaching the word of Grishom Stone's murders or after going on your little rampage last time."

[General] Chamorr thinks, "Have yer revival out there in da woods, butchya can't come in."

[General] Nuc thinks, "If you thought you had any chance of passing through without violence, you should've voted for a different mayor."

Speaking to an ember-eyed fire wyrdling, Pukk says, "I like you. You chuckle a lot. I can tell you have a good sense of humor."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "If it's a parley you want, then one you'll get. And that's a shade more than you deserve."

[General] Gutstorm thinks, "Try the west gate, it's not guarded."

[General] Leafiara mocks, "Cry us some rivers with your crocodile tears. We could use the help refilling the water supply after you made us cart five dozen buckets out to the Sentoph."

[General] Malluch thinks, "Your gates are not the only way into the town. Or into the hearts of others."

Pietra pinches Gutstorm!

Gutstorm drunkenly asks, "Wot?"

Speaking to Gutstorm, Pietra says, "Don't tell em to come in the west gate, silly."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Oh."

[General] Draccor asks, "Bozo bucket?"

Madmountan says, "We can punt the rolton too."

Pukk says, "Boy you came to the wrong place."

Balley softly says, "He is full of himself."

Nuc asks, "Can we go indoors?"

Madmountan says, "Oh, we let the rolton in."

Nuc says, "The rain is getting bad."

Gutstorm drunkenly asks, "Why we let da rolton in?"

[General] Leafiara thinks, "You never learn. Framing Crux with your fake torture room or the Rooks with your fake caravan."

Pukk says, "And the rolton ran into the city."

[General] Chandrellia thinks, "Go head Mally come thru the sewers we'll cut you down there as well, come up from the well, we'll knock ya back down."

Pukk says, "We are doomed now."

Nuc asks, "Who was on rolton duty?"

Yavs raspily says, "Sorry, my bad."

Speaking to Madmountan, Goblyn exclaims, "He did let himself out!"

Pietra exclaims, "Doomed!"

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "I blame Pukk."

Madmountan says, "He wins."

Some blood acolytes appear outside of Moot Hall and begin trying to talk to those who pass by. Some citizens ignore them, others stop to mock, but some stop to listen.

Speaking to Yavs, Nuc says, "Ya had one job."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Malluch, you've still got a chance to back away from this."

[General] Ziaeroil thinks, "Tune local."

Dark hooded figures move along rooftops nearing Moot Hall.

Speaking vaguely to Madmountan, Goblyn says, "For this minute, yes."

Nuc exclaims, "Moot Hall!"

Yavs traces a sign while beseeching the spirits for empowerment...

Yavs gestures at a rolton.

CS: +63 - TD: +3 + CvA: +25 + d100: +93 == +178

Warding failed!

A calm washes over a rolton.

Iskandr says, "Well, looks like they can come in as the please."

Yavs raspily says, "There. You can pet him now."

Speaking to a rolton, Pukk exclaims, "Rub boy, run!"

Pukk says, "Run."

[General] Leafiara inquisitively thinks, "Do you know the Rooks nicknamed me Rysusbane, Malluch? Doesn't roll off the tongue quite like Earlkiller, but I'm sure you would have liked it anyway back when you tried."

Pukk says, "Not rub."

Pukk says, "That would be inappropriate."

Yavs raspily says, "Don't rub the rolton."

Yavs raspily asks, "Moot Hall?"

Nuc says, "He's got acolytes at the hall."

[travel]

[General] Ziaeroil thinks, "Is there any way to tune out the prattling of the Landing."

[Town Square, East]

Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous shops, still doing business with the many customers who still frequent the streets at night. You also see the Toppo disk, a small spectral bright green goblin, a sulky mountain spirit that is flying around, the Kondus disk, the Chandrellia disk, a red-masked robed blood acolyte, a red-masked robed blood acolyte, a red-masked robed blood acolyte, a red-masked robed blood acolyte, a red-masked robed blood acolyte, a red-masked robed blood acolyte, a large purple wooden barrel, a faded circle of smeared blood along the side of Moot Hall, a burled haon raffle stand draped with Aspis-crested silk with some stuff on it, a trail of glittering platinum musical notes leading east and a fluttering emerald green banner bearing the silver Argent Aspis crest.

Madmountan says, "But rubbing rolton is fun, makes static."

Leafiara amusedly says, "Oh, this should be good."

[interrmittent combat, but at this point most actually hold off]

Speaking to a red-masked robed blood acolyte, Nuc says, "So tell me."

Some blood acolytes cry out in town, "They are attacking us! The sons and daughters of blood! They are attacking us!"

Speaking to a red-masked robed blood acolyte, Nuc asks, "What news do you bring?"

Pietra says, "Don't attack... yet."

Yavs raspily says, "Okay everyone. Hold on."

Iskandr says, "Well, not yet."

Speaking softly to a red-masked robed blood acolyte, Chandrellia says, "You aint seen attacking yet."

Nuc asks, "Will you all tlak to these nice acolyttes?"

Pukk recites:

"Okay all the acolytes light up on one side of the Hall please. Form a nice straight line"

Madmountan says, "I'm willing to listen a minute, but it prolly ain't gonna do any good."

Speaking to a red-masked robed blood acolyte, Nuc asks, "Do you have a pamphlet or a letter?"

Speaking softly to a red-masked robed blood acolyte, Chandrellia says, "Yer still breathin so we ain't attacked ya yet."


Letting Loose

A dark hooded figure fires an arrow down at a blood acolyte outside of Moot Hall, it strikes a warning next to his foot.

Gutstorm yells, "Ye mished!"

Speaking softly to a red-masked robed blood acolyte, Chandrellia says, "The next one won't miss."

Draelor says, "Well this is certainly taking a turn."

Madmountan says, "Ohh, yeah, let's watch them riddle the acolyte with arrows instead."

Madmountan says, "That's even more fun."

Speaking to a red-masked robed blood acolyte, Pietra says, "You're... quite tall."

Speaking to a red-masked robed blood acolyte, Pukk says, "She says that to all those she flirts with."

Iskandr says, "I'd say I'd want to hear their spiel, but the last time Malluch read us an entire dictionary at the museum."

Some more red masked blood acolytes gather outside of Thrak's Inn.

Speaking despondently to Madmountan, Leafiara says, "It has its charm, but I prefer to get direct myself."

Speaking heartily to a red-masked robed blood acolyte, Chamorr says, "Ya really need to leave town."

Speaking to a red-masked robed blood acolyte, Nuc says, "Ya talk to the townspeople yas can talk with me as well."

Pukk says, "Yeah, everybody saw him sneak by."

Madmountan says, "I'll be happy to go bonkers on em, if ya like."

[General] Pietra thinks, "And now they're moving all over town. I thought they were going to TALK to us."

Bernadette softly asks, "Anya speakin?"

Speaking affably to Madmountan, Leafiara assures, "Soon, soon."

Some more acolytes gather outside of the Furrier.

Draelor says, "I'm not sure I want to hear anything someone calling themselves a blood acolyte has to say."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia says, "They are going to try and tear down the buildings."

Chamorr heartily says, "Nuff yackin start whackin."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "They're moving to where the blood circles are. Fahlo and Hapenlok were probably correct."

[General] Thrassus thinks, "They are simply gathering at the places where they can speak to the most people."

Roelon deeply says, "They seem to be gatherin' on these blood marks..."

Balley softly says, "They are gathering everywhere there was a blood circle."

The pockets of blood acolytes begin to speak out, preaching their praises to the Blood God, trying to catch the attention of anyone nearby who will listen.

Nuc says, "They going to summon something."

Avaldur asks, "Can we kill em now?"

Chandrellia yells, "Yayayayayaya!"

Nuc says, "I've seen this kind of magic before."

Chandrellia yells, "Yayayayayaya!"

Pietra says, "I'm not a huge fan of blood gods, it seems."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Mebbe dish will help."

Gutstorm carefully places a summoning circle on the ground.

Roelon deeply says, "Ah hope they summon popcorn, ah am rather famished."

Iskandr says, "Only say the word, mayor."

Yavs raspily says, "You can be our envoy, Lord Gutsorm."

[General] Ceilia asks, "Shouldn't they be in the shanties?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Nuc asks, "Can you get the town janitor to start mopping up these blood circles?"

[General] Leafiara informs, "Thadston, they're moving on town. Whether you strike is your call, but I won't intervene with the guard."

A dark hooded figure lets an arrow fly. It drives through the red oak mask of a blood acolyte outside of Moot Hall and the man drops to the ground with a thud, his mask nailed firmly to his face as blood oozes out from the eye sockets.

[General] Hapenlok mutters, "Oh, hell."

Kyal softly says, "I wanted to do that."

Nuc yells, "Nice shot!"

Iskandr asks, "So.....our move is?"

Chandrellia yells, "Well done!"

Chamorr heartily says, "Nice."

Roelon deeply says, "Hmm. Nae sure blood should be spilt ..."

Pukk says, "Really good at aiming."

Veredox says, "Yeah that was a good shot."

Speaking to Pukk, Pietra exclaims, "Right in the eye!"

Yavs raspily asks, "I'd offer my services, but I think the Blood God has dibs?"

Chamorr heartily says, "Nailed it."

Some dark hooded figures begin to swarm the rooftops and descend....

Pukk yells, "Where did you get your bow from?"

A red-masked robed blood acolyte ambles in.

Chandrellia softly exclaims, "Here we go!"

A red-masked robed blood acolyte ambles in.

A red-masked robed blood acolyte ambles in.

A red-masked robed blood acolyte ambles in.

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "...I can say, this is exactly what we don't need right now. It's hard to fathom, but releasing blood...IS NOT WHAT WE NEED RIGHT NOW."

[combat]

Draelor says, "Welp..."

[combat]

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure ambles in.

[combat]

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure just arrived!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure ambles in.

[combat]

Yavs raspily says, "Defend yourselveds."

[combat]

Leafiara says, "Ah, gang warfare."

[combat]

[General] Kathralynn asks, "Where are you gathered?"

[extended combat]

Leafiara says, "Hold, we're hitting our own in the crossfire." [and by that she of course means Rooks had hit the streets]

The ghostly voice of Yavs raspily says, "Drag us West."

Speaking to Chamorr, Pukk exclaims, "You are on fire tonight!"

Mayor Leafiara drags Yavs's body west...

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see the yellow Tilbin disk, a sinuous bone white serpent that is sitting, a yabathilium fruit, a cluster of ayanad crystals, a large Gnollish mushroom, a large acorn, a dusty nut brown armband, a bedraggled baby blue surcoat, a crystalline vial containing some glowing prismatic oil, a rose-marrow potion, some wolifrew lichen, some wolifrew lichen, a rose-marrow potion, some stone benches with some stuff on it and an herbal remedy donation bin.

Roelon deeply says, "Ah noticed too late."

[Town Square, East]

Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous shops, still doing business with the many customers who still frequent the streets at night. You also see a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, a black handaxe, a falchion, a black handaxe, a black handaxe, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that is lying down, a large purple wooden barrel, a faded circle of smeared blood along the side of Moot Hall, a burled haon raffle stand draped with Aspis-crested silk with some stuff on it, a trail of glittering platinum musical notes leading east and a fluttering emerald green banner bearing the silver Argent Aspis crest.

Also here: Pietra, Berost, the body of Lord Kieli who is lying down, Kyal, the body of Soat who is lying down, the body of Draelor who is lying down

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman charges in!

[combat]

Speaking to Chamorr, Pukk says, "I knew there was a reason Aoife thought you were hot."

[combat]

Leafiara recites:

"Fallen to the square!"

[combat]

The voice of Pietra says, "Okay so we like the Rooks and the militia, not the acolytes..."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Yavs raspily says, "We're on the floor."

Leafiara says, "I'm tempted to just let them all battle it out."

Draught says, "I just got bound and attacked."

Roelon deeply asks, "Three forces converged?"

Saturninus says, "Mayor, they are attacking our own folk too."

Draught says, "Yes, I was just attacked."

Speaking to Saturninus, Leafiara says, "And? They *are* our own folk."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Well, I suppose the rest of the militia can remain pissed at me now, along with one of two captains."

Draught says, "Ahh."

Pukk exclaims, "I blame Nuc!"

[General] Pietra thinks, "Well, they started attacking ours. So we're going to end them."

Speaking to Raelee, Thrassus says, "This place sorely needs to be elevated above a protectorate."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Anything goes now. Have at it and we'll sort the mess out later."

The ghostly voice of Chandrellia softly says, "Now would be a great time for my healing to kick in so I can get back and help the others."

Pukk recites:

"Rejoin Leafi!"

Iskandr says, "Could we have perhaps killed him that night in the museum? Might have been a little easier."

Gutstorm drunkenly asks, "Ish it shafe yet?"

Speaking wryly to Thrassus, Raelee says, "Indeed."

Speaking to Pukk, Leafiara says, "No, don't. I'm not heading back to the battlefield when most of the forces are our own."

Cleode says, "Hrm."

The ghostly voice of Draelor says, "Seems to be a recurring theme."

[General] Thrassus thinks, "The townsfolk attacked them first, I am afraid."

Speaking to Pukk, Goblyn laughs, "You are looking very calm, Pukk!"

Speaking to Leafiara, Pukk says, "But..but.."

Nuc says, "The militia is strong."

Speaking to Goblyn, Pukk says, "I'm always calm."

[General] Thrassus thinks, "As usual."

[General] Pietra thinks, "But none died."

Roelon deeply says, "All over the place..."

The streets of Wehnimer's Landing come alive with the sound of battle, blood, and chaos. Dark hooded figures move through the streets, firing arrows at acolytes and even those who stand in their way. Red masked acolytes stand their ground, slashing out at those adventures and Rooks and militia they encounter. Town militia march into the streets, joining the fray, fighting in the middle of both Rooks and Acolytes, slashing and battling with both.

Yavs raspily asks, "Who's next?"

Hapenlok says, "That's it."

Hapenlok says, "If it's a fight we're going to have."

Speaking musingly to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "Yep."

Radeek mutters, "Tis a free fer all."

Hapenlok says, "I'm going to meteor his camp."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "That does it."

Leafiara says, "I'll head out and try to target just the acolytes. I wouldn't recommend a group in this or we'll end up destroying our own."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Keep everyone in here."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "I'm going for his camp."

Leafiara mentions, "If Malluch pulls his petrification stunt again, don't come after me. Prioritize the town."

[General] Kathralynn thinks, "I made it to the bank on fire..got out but need healing to get back in the fight."

[scouting]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Murdos, I'm sorry, I don't believe I'll be able to keep my promise."

[General] Pietra asks, "The bank was on fire?"

[combat]

[General] Kathralynn thinks, "No I was on fire."

[General] Kathralynn thinks, "But I got it put out."

[combat]

[General] Kathralynn thinks, "They started attacking."

[travel]

[General] Pietra exclaims, "Oh, that's awful for you. I'm glad you're out!"

[combat]

[General] The ghost of Chamorr thinks, "Rooks are attackin folks."

[combat]


Hap's Gambit

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Malluch, I'm at your tent. Alone."

[combat]

Leafiara musingly says, "Well then." [ten acolytes vs. Roblar, Leafi, and five militiamen]

[combat]

Leafiara yells, "Battle in town square northwest! Prioritize the acolytes!"

[combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Just like I thought, still a rich man's son. Spoiled. And a coward."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Iskandr says, "Ack, that went badly."

[combat]

[General] Draccor thinks, "You would know being one yerself Hapenlok."

Pukk says, "I don't know why I had a hard time hitting the acolytes."

Speaking to Roblar, Nuc says, "I saw 30 of them on you at once."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "You come on out, now....boy. Or I destroy this encampment."

Speaking to Roblar, Nuc says, "It was completely unfiar."

Speaking to Pukk, Leafiara says, "They seem to be better at defending than attacking."

Roblar deeply says, "Guess so."

[triage]

[General] Draccor asks, "What camp?"

[General] Thrassus asks, "Why don't you threaten the Rooks since they are the ones that started this whole mess tonight?"

[General] Leafiara thinks, "His camp in the forest outside."

Speaking deeply to Pukk, Berost asks, "Ya trying ta talk wit him?"

The ghostly voice of Chamorr heartily says, "The Rooks attacked me."

[General] Kathralynn asks, "Which gate?"

Speaking to Pietra, Pukk says, "Stay calm, it's okay. I'm here."

The ghostly voice of Quietine says, "What a violent place."

Speaking pleasantly to Quietine, Leafiara says, "Oh, is it ever."

Chamorr heartily says, "Dang."

[scouting]

[Wehnimer's, South Ring Rd.]

A spacious boulevard intersects the Ring Road at this point. Traders and peddlers pass by, carting their wares home from a busy day in the bazaar, and a few townsfolk scatter east and west bearing packages, sacks and purchases. You also see a red-masked robed blood acolyte, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, a red-masked robed blood acolyte, a red-masked robed blood acolyte, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, an intricate gate in a cast-iron fence and a faded circle of smeared blood along the side of a building.

[combat, though it's actually just them all attacking each other or Leafi]

Leafiara slowly says, "Well okay then."

[travel and combat; Leafi just ignores all of it]

Thadston marches fiercely through the streets, his glassy eyes looking like polished marble. With his walking stick in hand, he smashes it across the heads of blood acolytes, ripping off their masks and bashing in their faces. He spins with the motions of a man who is not blind and grabs a Rook by the neck, twisting and throwing them up against a building.

[locate on Hapenlok]

[Lower Dragonsclaw, Forest]

Your ears are becoming more attuned to the sounds of the forest surrounding you. Over your footsteps you hear the sounds of small birds overhead, comfortably nested in the sturdy oak trees. You also see a kobold that is sleeping, some light leather, a wooden shield, a short sword, a red canvas tent, a red canvas tent, a covered wagon, a grey-armored bloodguard and a grey-armored bloodguard.

Also here: Lord Malluch, Hapenlok

[travel, combat]

[Town Square, Southwest]

This corner of the square seems somewhat subdued. Townsfolk pass through on their way to the shops, the bazaar, or the main well at the center of the square. Others hurry past, anxious to get home or go on about their business. You also see a red-masked robed blood acolyte, a red-masked robed blood acolyte that appears dead, a falchion, a falchion, a wooden shield, a red-masked robed blood acolyte that appears dead, a red-masked robed blood acolyte that appears dead, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman that appears dead, a falchion, a falchion, a falchion, a red-masked robed blood acolyte that appears dead, a red-masked robed blood acolyte that appears dead, a red-masked robed blood acolyte that appears dead, a red-masked robed blood acolyte that appears dead, a red-masked robed blood acolyte that appears dead, a red-masked robed blood acolyte that appears dead, a red-masked robed blood acolyte that appears dead, a frosted apple cookie, a cobblestone walkway leading up to a wrought iron gate and a wood-sided shop.

Also here: Pukk, Yakushi who is lying down, Grand Lord Asben, Commander Roblar, the body of Apprentice Yavs who is lying down

Roblar deeply says, "All die."

[Gemcutter's, Front Room]

Inside the Gemcutter's shop, you see two glass showcases holding jewelry and precious stones. Directly ahead of you is a low desk with several racks holding tools of the Gemcutter's trade. You also see a blackened narrow door and the gem dealer.

Speaking to the gem dealer, Leafiara says, "Well, apologies, but... this might be harder than expected."

[fogging over]


Malluch Matters

[Lower Dragonsclaw, Forest]

Your ears are becoming more attuned to the sounds of the forest surrounding you. Over your footsteps you hear the sounds of small birds overhead, comfortably nested in the sturdy oak trees. You also see a kobold that is lying down, some light leather, a wooden shield, a short sword, a red canvas tent, a red canvas tent, a covered wagon, a grey-armored bloodguard and a grey-armored bloodguard.

Also here: Lord Malluch, Hapenlok

[Leafi sends up a Symbol of Need]

Speaking to Malluch, Hapenlok says, "You may think you've got free will."

Malluch says, "I sent them to speak truths."

Malluch says, "You cut them down."

Speaking to Malluch, Leafiara asks, "You're not even working with him, are you? Grishom?"

Malluch glances at Leafiara.

[General] Chandrellia exclaims, "Kill him Hap!"

Malluch says, "I am. I serve Grishom Stone."

Leafiara says, "Then this was your own plan. It's too sad to be his."

Leafiara nods knowingly.

Malluch says, "You serve...what? Who? You don't serve Wehnimer's Landing."

Leafiara grins at Malluch.

Malluch says, "We came in peace tonight. When we didn't need to."

Malluch says, "...and you cut us down."

Speaking curiously to Malluch, Leafiara says, "Who do you think? We're kindred spirits, you and I, or at least we were."

Malluch says, "You're worse than the Faendryl Mayor. I'd expect it from her."

Speaking to Malluch, Hapenlok says, "I tried to stop it, Malluch. You know how it is."

Thadston marches fiercely through the streets, his glassy eyes looking like polished marble. With his walking stick in hand, he smashes it across the heads of blood acolytes, ripping off their masks and bashing in their faces. He spins with the motions of a man who is not blind and grabs a Rook by the neck, twisting and throwing them up against a building.

[yes, it was the same message]

Speaking to Malluch, Leafiara says, "There was a time you counted on me to help you out in your pursuit of justice and slaughter."

Speaking to Malluch, Leafiara wonders, "Do you think something's changed since then?"

[General] Chandrellia thinks, "Thaddy is throwing his weight around, again."

A white-cloaked figure comes rushing into view within town, as fluid as a lean ghost. The figure spins and pushes out two gauntlet-covered hands. The air ripples outward from Rone, knocking the some red masked acolytes into the air and sending them bouncing against a building.

Speaking to Malluch, Leafiara says, "The only thing I feel for you is an overwhelming pity for what you could have been."

Malluch says, "You might as well have burned the wagons yourself."

Leafiara says, "Oh, I thought of it."

Leafiara grins slowly.

Leafiara amiably says, "But thank you, truly, for doing it so we didn't have to."

Thrassus exclaims, "Insanity, pure insanity!"

Speaking to Malluch, Leafiara says, "You always were nothing more than a wannabe Rook, mad at them because they're the successful vigilantes you couldn't be."

Leafiara nods at Malluch.

Malluch squints.

Malluch says, "You've only done my work for me tonight Mayor."

Leafiara waves her hand in a dismissive gesture.

Thrassus says, "Rooks are not vigilantes, they are criminals."

Thrassus snickers.

Malluch shakes his head.

Speaking to Malluch, Hapenlok asks, "You do realize, that those acolytes of yours are battling in front of your home?"

Speaking deeply to Malluch, Berost says, "What work? Watched yas and yer start fights is all I saw."

Speaking indifferently to Malluch, Leafiara says, "It was going to come to this anyway. I know it as well as you do."

Berost grumbles.

Malluch says, "They are defending themselves."

Speaking to Malluch, Hapenlok asks, "....your...father's shop?"

Thrassus nods at Malluch.

Malluch says, "But I suppose the town should not have expected anything less from the Rook Queen."

Speaking to Malluch, Hapenlok says, "I implore, you, Young Burdos, come home. it's not too late."

Leafiara smirks at Malluch.

Speaking to Malluch, Hapenlok says, "You did Praxopius' bidding, and you did Chaston's bidding, you don't have to serve a third master."

Speaking to Malluch, Leafiara says, "The funniest part is your assumption that this town isn't already trying to surpass the Arkati with or without you and Stone."

Malluch says, "There will be consequences for this."

Speaking to Malluch, Leafiara says, "I'm aiding my friend Khylynnia in trying to bring back L'Naere herself from beyond the veil on behalf of all the aelotoi race, and you can't even aim to raise the dead."

Speaking to Malluch, Leafiara says, "Hide behind a veener all you want. It's fine."

Leafiara nods at Malluch.

Malluch sheathes his blades and walks off, disappearing amidst some of his followers and into the cover of night.

The fire wyrdling chuckles.

Aleyi agrees with Leafiara.

Leafiara shrugs.

Berost mutters under his breath.

Leafiara says, "Back to town, then. Back to the battle."


Parting Words

[back in triage]

[General] Leafiara asks, "How are the streets looking now?"

Balley softly says, "Massive bouts now."

Soat says, "Intense."

[General] Kyal thinks, "Not great."

Goblyn asks, "Anyone will need this mana?"

Balley softly says, "By the bath house."

Balley softly says, "Lots."

Speaking to Iskandr, the ghostly voice of Draelor says, "Probably! Crazy lightning throwing masked people."

Speaking to Leafiara, Iskandr asks, "What's the status out there?"

Speaking to Iskandr, Leafiara says, "Not so bad. They're all in here."

Balley softly says, "Leafi lots by bath house."

Speaking to Leafiara, Nuc asks, "How did you and Hapenlok make out?"

Speaking to Goblyn, Junarra says, "But I've been giving mine away."

Speaking to Leafiara, Iskandr says, "GREAT."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Most of the forces on all sides are inside the gates now, as far as I can tell."

Speaking to Junarra, Goblyn exclaims, "Now you will have more to be giving!"

A Rook's arrow flies down from a rooftop in town, soaring towards an acolyte but a young boy runs into view. Suddenly a white-cloaked figure leaps into action, throwing out a gauntleted fist and a ripple of air shields the boy, blocking the arrow and tossing it away.

[extended combat]

[General] Hapenlok asks, "....well, Malluch. I take it that's your final decision?"

[travel]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "It was his first decision too."

[General] Kyal thinks, "I don't know why I thought shooting people so brainless in their brain would actually kill them."

[Wehnimer's, Lyon Way]

The two- and three-story homes of some of the Landing's middle-class citizens are situated at this bend in Lyon Way. Whitewash has been applied to most of the wooden structures, though soot from somewhere nearby stains many of their painted surfaces, and window boxes full of flowers add faint splashes of color to the moonlit street. You also see a trail of glittering platinum musical notes leading south.

A red-masked robed blood acolyte ambles in.

A red-masked robed blood acolyte ambles in.

A red-masked robed blood acolyte ambles in.

A red-masked robed blood acolyte ambles in.

A red-masked robed blood acolyte ambles in.

A red-masked robed blood acolyte just arrived!

A red-masked robed blood acolyte ambles in.

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman charges in!

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman charges in!

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman charges in!

[combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Then Murdos forgive me, for what I'm about to do. And keep everyone inside the gates."

[things grow]

[Wehnimer's, Lyon Way]

The two- and three-story homes of some of the Landing's middle-class citizens are situated at this bend in Lyon Way. Whitewash has been applied to most of the wooden structures, though soot from somewhere nearby stains many of their painted surfaces, and window boxes full of flowers add faint splashes of color to the moonlit street. You also see a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, a red-masked robed blood acolyte, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman that appears immobilized, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman that appears immobilized, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman that appears immobilized, a sleek ginger cat, an ember-eyed fire wyrdling, a red-masked robed blood acolyte, a red-masked robed blood acolyte, a red-masked robed blood acolyte, a red-masked robed blood acolyte, a red-masked robed blood acolyte, a red-masked robed blood acolyte, a red-masked robed blood acolyte and a trail of glittering platinum musical notes leading south.

[combat]

Speaking to Chamorr, Leafiara says, "Crazy as it is, I'm going to aim only for the acolytes somehow."

[extended combat]

[General] Leafiara mentions, "Battle on Lyon Way up north of the cul-de-sac."

[combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "...you wanted it, you asked for it. The swarm is incoming..."

[extended combat, travel]

[General] Kathralynn thinks, "I don't know where that is."

Draught says, "I'll keep that in mind."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "...I just dropped meteors on his camp."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Lovely."

Quietine says, "Huzzah."

Quietine says, "I'm guessing it's not safe to go out."

Radeek says, "I betcha if'n ya looks at a map where dis towns s'posed to be ders a big bullseye painted on it."

Hapenlok says, "Stone just won tonight. No matter what happens."

Chamorr heartily says, "Damn militia is attackin too."

Leafiara says, "Everyone's told me forever that there's no way to outplan Stone, so if--"

Leafiara yells, "Blast it Hap, get back here!"

Hapenlok just arrived.

Speaking to Chamorr, Iskandr asks, "So is anyone on our side right now?"

Speaking angrily to Leafiara, Hapenlok asks, "WHAT?"

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "Everyone's told me forever that there's no way to outplan Stone, so even if that's true, this was bound to happen."

Speaking heartily to Iskandr, Chamorr says, "Don't look like it, a free fer all."

Berost dreamily exclaims, "No, damned milities attackin me when I be fightin them idjit acolytes away from them!"

Hapenlok says, "I'm going to make sure that camp is razed to cinders."

Balley softly says, "Leafi, this is all Malluch NOT Stone I am sure of it."

Speaking to Leafiara, Iskandr asks, "Less planning, more killing perhaps?"

Speaking to Balley, Leafiara says, "I agree with that too."

The ghostly voice of Faerinn says, "Is this Stone? Because it looked like a Rook's arrow started this."

Roelon deeply says, "Stone, at least, has ah little more class..."

Balley softly says, "Stone would not do this and HIDE."

Iskandr says, "Has a point."

Balley softly says, "Malluch is a fool."

Balley softly says, "This is why I said keep them at the gate not let them in."

The ghostly voice of Faerinn says, "Yeah, Stone would have started gloating by now if this was his machinations."

Nuc says, "They found their way in."

Speaking to Balley, Iskandr says, "But they found their way through without gates anyway."

Draelor says, "I believe that last lightning bolt to my face has me not really caring much for diplomacy."

Nuc says, "Apparently they have other ways to get into the town."

Leafiara says, "They probably came through the tunnels. It's an easy enough entrance."

Balley softly says, "Yes they came in through the sewers."

The voice of Thrassus says, "The walls have more holes than a seive, you know."

Balley softly says, "Malluch knows all about those since that is how he escaped."

Kathralynn softly asks, "Who's leading?"

[General] Malluch thinks, "Pull back from town. The Mayor and her followers have spoken. Too many others are endangered. Let us regroup and these foolish devoted worshippers of the Arkati will not keep our message quiet."

The ghostly voice of Hapenlok says, "If anyone can, chrism, please."

The ghostly voice of Hapenlok says, "And at this point..."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Oh, on the contrary, if anyone's going to surpass the Arkati it'll be us and not you. I bet Roblar's working on it as I speak."

[General] Leafiara adds, "And so am I."


Discussion Afterward

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "This is what happens when I try to be a nice guy."

Pukk says, "I can't find any more bodies."

Hapenlok says, "Now....they're all gonna die."

Speaking agreeably to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "Stick to what you know."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Pukk says, "You say that all the time."

Madmountan says, "Seems a lot calmer out there."

[General] Radeek thinks, "May da light a Phoen burn yer arse ta a crisp, ya blasphemous little runt."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok asks, "And I'm also an oathbreaker, you know that?"

Speaking curiously to Hapenlok, Leafiara asks, "Over what?"

Pietra says, "I think Malluch called off the dogs."

Draught says, "Things seem to have calmed down."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "....Murdos....your son is lost."

Draelor says, "I'm of no use out there and there's nowhere else to go, might as well toast the chaos I suppose."

[General] Pukk exclaims, "Malluch, you're ugly and you dress funny. So there!"

[General] Leafiara thinks, "I don't think that's a guarantee yet, Hap."

Speaking to Leafiara, Pukk says, "I told him."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Not if your blade theory holds up."

Speaking to Leafiara, Iskandr says, "I know there are many ways into this town, but by gods you need to secure things so they can't pop up within the entire town at a moment's notice like that."

Speaking concernedly to Leafiara, Ariond says, "What in the world in going on."

Balley softly exclaims, "Malluch is an idiot!"

Speaking to Ariond, Leafiara explains, "Four-way war."

[General] Larenusia asks, "DId we check the sewers?"

Speaking to Ariond, Leafiara says, "Malluch's bloodguards, the militia, the Rooks, and adventurers."

Ariond quips, "Sounds lovely, who do I kill."

Leafiara muses, "Oh, make it five-way war. I forgot about Rone."

Ariond says, "What on Elanith..."

[General] Pukk thinks, "We have 3 people that are hard to kill. Roblar, Madmountan and Hapenlok.."

Hapenlok asks, "How many more damn Rones are there?"

Faerinn says, "Rone the Third seems to be doing his own thing."

[General] Pukk thinks, "Okay, so 2 and 1/2."

[General] Madmountan thinks, "Aye, I never even really got hit."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "It took fifty-four of them to kill me. Just saying."

[General] Pietra exclaims, "Hah, half. I get it!"

[General] Leafiara thinks, "That's the usual with you and Malluch, Mad."

[General] Draccor thinks, "You forgot that I'm harder to kill than all three."

[General] Pukk exclaims, "Pie eater gets it!"

[General] Pietra asks, "But wouldn't Mad and Roblar count as like two each?"

[General] Pukk exclaims, "Good point!"

[General] Pietra thinks, "Yeah but you're annoying. They're fearless."

Balley softly says, "I think Malluch should have been killed not jailed."

Speaking softly to Balley, Chandrellia asks, "They jailed him?"

Roelon deeply says, "Perhaps."

[General] Pukk thinks, "I am not annoying...I'm just misunderstood."

[General] Ariond thinks, "Going to bring down half the town, you keep doing that Hap."

Speaking to Balley, Iskandr says, "I wish he'd been taken out that night he rambled on at the museum."

Speaking to Balley, Leafiara says, "Apparently so."

Speaking to Balley, Radeek says, "Den da town woul'nae burn..an' we all knows how much someone likes ta see dis town catch fire."

Roelon deeply says, "It could of been someone else in his place."

[General] Pietra thinks, "I meant that other person who claimed to be even stronger than our 4.5 men."

[General] Draccor thinks, "Fearless leads to death, so not impressed, and if you think I'm annoying I haven't even started yet."

Speaking to Balley, Faerinn says, "Jailing didn't seem to hinder him much."

Balley softly says, "Yes, he was in prison, attacked, lost his eyes, then escaped."

Speaking heartily to Leafiara, Chamorr says, "Looks clear."

Speaking to Pukk, Pietra exclaims, "I wasn't talking about you, silly!"

[General] Ariond asks, "Also, what is this, I show up and they all run away?"

Pukk says, "Oh good."

[General] Ariond thinks, "Scared of me..."

Pukk says, "I misunderstood you too."

[General] Pietra thinks, "Now is not the time, Draccor."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Honestly, you talkers are all the same. Talkin' makes me thirsty. and hungry."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Despite Malluch's great healing powers, apparently he can be beaten into retreat real easily."

[General] Draccor thinks, "You made it the time."

Speaking to a black-tipped twilight grey wolf, Radeek says, "Yeah yeah..I knows..dat blood feller prolly tasted bad."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Just like he didn't lift a finger to heal us while we chased his caravan."

Speaking to Draccor, Pietra says, "Fearless is strength."

Speaking to Draccor, Pietra says, "And boasting is... not."

Balley softly says, "I would love for whoever got him once, to do it again and take him out."

[General] Ceilia thinks, "His powers are reserved for the faithful, I'm sure."

[General] Pukk exclaims, "Yay me! I rescued several people! I should have a road named after me or something!"

Speaking darkly to Pietra, Draccor says, "Boasting what? That I'm harder to kill? It's just a fact."

[General] Roelon asks, "Didn't he just run away then as well? Just as now?"

[General] Leafiara thinks, "But he couldn't help even them tonight."

Balley softly asks, "I just want to know with his Brain so Scrambled and such.. Was he brainwashed ?"

Orikst asks, "Is it over then?"

[General] Leafiara thinks, "I don't think he has the ability to heal anything more serious than wrinkles."

Balley softly says, "He did not even know who he was."

Bernadette softly says, "Good point Balley."

Speaking to Balley, Leafiara says, "The problem with trying to repeat last time is that we did it with blood magic and now he's a master of that."

[General] Radeek thinks, "Ya'll seems ta fergit...mebbe he weren't a'wantin ta wins right now...jus' keepin us on our toes..harrass an' leave."

Pukk recites:

"Thank you to all the healers who healed me

I could not have saved the town if it wasn't for you all"

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "He'll be cast aside as soon as he's no use for Grishom. Like most tools that Grishom uses."

Larenusia says, "Good Job Pukk thanks for the drag earlier."

Leafiara amusedly says, "On the bright side, I can now report in the TownCrier that I've been upgraded to Rook Queen."

Speaking heartily to Radeek, Chamorr says, "Yer calmed."

Balley softly says, "True, he did not lose his eyes, get stabbed and go crazy but that.. Remember he was attacked in the jail."

Ariond mumbles, "How boring."

Speaking to Leafiara, Pietra asks, "Can I be your Rook Handmaiden?"

Leafiara says, "I bet Malluch doesn't even know Rysus died."

Speaking to Chamorr, Radeek says, "Jus' mellow."

Speaking amiably to Pietra, Leafiara says, "Sure thing."

Pietra whispers something to Leafiara.

Speaking darkly to Balley, Draccor says, "One of the best places to murder someone is in a jail."

Leafiara says, "Or if he knows Rysus died, I bet he doesn't know Mother is around."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "And now, we got exactly what we didn't need. A healthy supply of blood from a few dozen corpses."

Speaking to Leafiara, Iskandr asks, "Is the rest of town still standing?"

Pietra says, "I don't like wearin dresses though. They get in the way."

Speaking softly to Pietra, Chandrellia says, "Handmaiden."

Kyal softly says, "Jail: go cause you murdered someone, stay because you wanna keep murdering people."

Speaking casually to Iskandr, Leafiara says, "We're survivors, as we always are."

Leafiara wryly says, "Well, Malluch went because he murdered many, then escaped and is right back to murdering many."

Speaking quietly to Iskandr, Myasarie says, "It seems to be."

[General] Radeek thinks, "Someone needs ta plant a blood apple tree I reckon..he kin gits all da blood he be a'needin' wit'out bleedin da town dry."

[General] Pukk thinks, "Don't forget. Tools need to be forged in fire and then cooled to become useful. That is what Grishom is doing with Malluch."

Leafiara says, "Though, to be fair, the Rooks started it tonight."

Speaking to Leafiara, Iskandr says, "You should have cut off his head in the museum."

Balley softly says, "Yes I think this is his revenge."

[General] Faerinn thinks, "Blood apples already grow here in the orchard."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "If it hadn't been one of them, it would have been one of us."

Balley softly says, "Hiding behind Stone's name."

Pietra asks, "What I didn't understand is... why the acolytes AND the rooks were attacking us?"

Speaking darkly to Leafiara, Draccor says, "No the Rooks never start anything."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia says, "Not really, the acolytes were asked to leave town quietly they refused."

Speaking to Leafiara, Radeek says, "Da rooks be yer biggest issue right now....town can't win wit' em doin der own thing."

Leafiara says, "He's upset with me because I declined to save him in 5118."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Leafiara says, "Also true."

Roelon deeply says, "The Rooks did give ah warning shot first...."

[General] Pietra thinks, "Wow Pukk... that was deep and stuff."

Berost deeply says, "Should have cut off Mother's, oh, any of the time we could have."

[General] Pukk exclaims, "Lies! I deny that accusation!"

Yavs raspily says, "Things look okay around the Square."

[General] Ceilia thinks, "An apt metaphor."

Speaking to Pietra, Hapenlok says, "Because, my dear, there's a bunch of our number who said that the Rooks were going to pay for the wagons. Among other things."

Draccor darkly says, "You do know the Rooks live in the landing too."

Kyal softly asks, "Were we not going to shoot them if the Rooks didn't fire the first shot?"

Speaking to Kyal, Leafiara says, "We actually fired even before the Rooks."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Pietra says, "All of this is so confusiing."

Hapenlok says, "And I wasn't going to attack them, until they started attacking me."

[General] Pietra thinks, "Welp. That was weird."

Speaking quietly to Draccor, Myasarie asks, "They just finiish?"

Chandrellia recites softly:

"The Rooks fired a warning shot, the acolytes ignored the warning, the Rooks are not to blame for this"

Speaking to Chandrellia, Pietra says, "Plus the Rooks are cool."

Speaking darkly to Myasarie, Draccor says, "The Rooks I'm sure would like to keep the Landing intact as we that live here would as well."

Radeek mutters, "Da Rooks is a pain in da arse."

Ariond wryly remarks, "Warning shots are absurd."

Myasarie quietly says, "One did see a Rook protect a child."

Speaking to Goblyn, Pietra exclaims, "Fancy!"

Speaking softly to Radeek, Chandrellia says, "They may be a pain but they were in the right this time."

Speaking to Myasarie, Leafiara says, "I think that was Rone, admittedly."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Well, it was an interesting conversation."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Radeek says, "Workin outside da law of da landin ain't right no matter what da cause be."

Speaking darkly to Goblyn, Draccor says, "Long time no see."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Iskandr asks, "Didn't our band basically strike first anyway when the alcolytes moved on us?"

Speaking curiously to Hapenlok, Leafiara asks, "What *did* he say before I got there?"

The voice of Faerinn says, "Rone the Third helped the kid that was about to get hit by a Rook arrow."

Speaking softly to Goblyn, Chandrellia says, "Oohh do you have any more of that fine drink you gave me last time? I could use a good drink right now."

Speaking to Goblyn, Pukk asks, "So you were Goblyn on the spot tonight. Were you playing in the blood again?"

Roelon deeply says, "Aye he did."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "You heard me yelling at him that I was going to raze his encampent...."

Speaking to Goblyn, Madmountan says, "They aren't filled with anything good."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Well, he came out. Basically said we were no better than those who burned the wagons."

Speaking skeptically to Madmountan, Goblyn says, "He does say it is delicious..."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Said I was a puppet."

Myasarie quietly says, "Every time one has had a umm encounter with a Rook they have n'er been the starters of trouble. But that is just one's take on it."

Speaking to Goblyn, Pukk says, "I saw you looking on some of those entrails like they were delicious."

Speaking to Goblyn, Iskandr says, "Thank you again for double saving my life. I realized after that it might be best to stay here and pour flasks down peoples' throats. A shot of whiskey here, a bit of white flask there."

Speaking to Goblyn, Madmountan says, "That's relative."

[at this point I lost my connection and couldn't come back for two hours, but Leafi's next line was going to be...]

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "He's a man out of time. Just like Barnom, he doesn't even know what's happened while he was in jail and insane." [...the idea being that Malluch would be more likely to call Hap a puppet if he didn't know that Raznel's dead; however, that might not have been where Hap/Malluch were even going with the thought. It's just the first interpretation that would spring to Leafi's thoughts since, like she said earlier, she's not convinced that Malluch knows Rysus is dead.]