Blood Son - 5120-08-13 - Blood Mine, Conga Line (log)

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

Phoenatos 13-14, 5120

by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier


Summary

  • Blood-hued torches begin to light around town as Faerinn and Kothos report from the Ivasian temple that the bloodguards have left it. The number of torches grows by the dozens as even some town guards and militia hold them. Malluch over thoughts says it's time to set him free or they'll come for him. Movement in the shadows of the Lower Dragonsclaw signals the arrival of the bloodguards as Sir Cryheart's group advances to the barracks.
  • Mayor Leafiara double-checks that his story is Grishom Stone coming for him tonight; when he says yes, she asks Captain Stormyrain to let him out, provided his weapons are left behind, on the basis that we can't fight the town and even if we could, there's still Stone. The bloodguards pause in the forest, awaiting, while the militia escorts Malluch outside the barracks in chains. Leafi gives him a pardon, saying it's immaterial and will come to a fight either way, and by this point she wants to see what he's made of and is sick of waiting for Stone. The militia free him and he thanks her for doing the right thing, saying she avoided some unnecessary bloodshed; she says she doubts that, but nonetheless the bloodguards in the forest back off. He says his pardon might leave a sour taste in her mouth, but they have turned away; she says hardly, reiterating she's not his enemy.
  • A crimson light signals in the distance and Malluch leaves, saying Stone's coming. Cryheart leads on toward the Deadfall, above which a crimson sun forms in the sky. A voice whispers in everyone's mind to "Come home" and Malluch's followers begin leaving Ivas' temple. At last Grishom emerges from the woods and says it's fascinating that everyone comes no matter where he holds court; Leafi says we were bored of Malluch's rant, so had to come see some action. He says our wait is over and he's come to collect the first harvest.
  • The followers arrive and a voice in everyone's mind says to step forward, make their purpose known, free themselves, and give life to gain life. Cryheart asks Grishom if he's sacrificing them; Grishom says with each birth, there is first blood. Adam and a woman with him step forward and unmask. Another woman steps forward with a wrinkled face, boiled flesh, and twitching eye, but Grishom's red sun pulses and heals her. Others begin to gasp as their bodies heal up.
  • The voice says to give life to gain life. Adam steps forward and Grishom moves a finger, opening a slice along Adam's arm. Grishom gives him a nod and Adam enters the forest, blood trickling down. More figures step forward from all walks of life--dockworkers, merchants, town clerks, militia, and urchins. Umbazi attempts to interrupt by punching Grishom, so Grishom snaps his fingers at him and his blood seeps out, killing him immediately.
  • A black arrow from the forest drops one follower with a shot to the leg, and voices from the forest warn that if Stone takes any more, they'll kill every one. Stone says "bold" and proceeds anyway, though Chamorr moves to headbutt one of them. Grishom points and oily black veins coil around Chamorr's legs, then Hapenlok incinerates him. Another follower approaches Grishom and an arrow flies through his neck, killing him. Another arrow flies, but Malluch leaps in front to take it in the shoulder.
  • Grishom gestures, now moving more rapidly as blood bursts from the hands and ankles of the first row of figures and they praise him and step into the Deadfall. Hap incinerates one of the followers, but Grishom sends another dozen of them to bleeding and they rush into the forest, dodging arrow fire. Hap obliterates another two of them before Cruxophim obliterates him.
  • Malluch says he'll call for the bloodguards to end the Rooks, but Grishom shrugs at him. More followers move in, though arrows pick off another six of them in the process. Chamorr moves to intervene by scaring off the figures with a warcry and swinging at those remaining, and Grishom tells him it's unfortunate what he's chosen. He says they've given life and shall gain it, and there's no greater sacrifice. Malluch says the Rooks took from Grishom and Grishom tells him to do as he wishes; Malluch asks if he's not going home; Grishom says no, as a scythe is not discarded at the end of the first harvest.
  • Grishom says the bloodguards will extract a life for a life and warns to stay out of their way, then tells Malluch to prepare for the next harvest and each must be greater than the last and withdraws into the Deadfall. Hapenlok hurls a ball of fire as he leaves, but the flames stop midair and fly back toward Hap! Malluch says he'll continue Stone's work and return, since he was pardoned, and warns against the bloodguards since they'll take eight Rooks. For now, he wals off into the forest.
  • Shouts of "Incoming" come up from North Gate and Cryheart leads back to find bloodguards at the gate. He and Guarrin warn that that's far enough, but the guards attack and battle ensues. Some manage to get into town and the Rooks rain arrows on them. Additional guards march through the forest, but Hendoran and Bourthian soldiers rush out to battle them. Throughout the fray, bloodguards manage to drag off Rook corpses--one with a smashed face, one torn in half. As the next three bloodguards march out of town with corpses in town, some guards and militia don't fire on them. Another Rook tries to limp away and tosses aside his hood and mask, but gets his neck snapped.
  • The bloodguards begin to converge on one location as town guards shout they only have one more Rook left. A handful of them move on Town Square Central to slam Leafi to the ground and drag her out of town. However, before anything more can happen, Arianiss fogs over and takes her and Crux into a sanctuary. And then the bloodguards stop, stomp away from town, and disappear into the forest...


Highlights

Speaking darkly to Goblyn, Draccor says, "You behave now."
Speaking curiously to Draccor, Goblyn asks, "What is this meaning, to be 'behaving'?"
Speaking darkly to Goblyn, Draccor says, "You know what I mean."
Speaking to Goblyn, Pukk says, "I think he meant beheading."
Speaking thoughtfully to Pukk, Goblyn exclaims, "I do maybe like this better!"
Iskandr says, "Well, this is disturbing enough that I'm glad it's not all a farce, because I convinced the Legion it was worth checking up on and would be a bit sad if I had to report that it was all just nonsense. Bloody sky looks pretty legitimate."
Speaking heartily to a gnarled black forest, Chamorr says, "Can Grish come out an play."
The trees of the forest begin to sway.
Speaking softly to Chamorr, Chandrellia exclaims, "Ok you have to teach me that trick!"
Leafiara says, "A few weeks ago Malluch upgraded me to the Rook Queen."
Leafiara says, "I see he still has delusions."
Speaking to Leafiara, Evia asks, "Did it come with a tiara at least?"


Log

Fires of Freedom

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see a massive snowy white tiger, the Syntharis disk, the Kippe disk, the Mogui disk, the Drexxel disk, the Guarrin disk, a black-tipped twilight grey wolf, the Kiyna disk, the Chamorr disk, a large acorn, a large black-mantled hawk that is flying around, the Wahka disk, a large acorn, a loaf of dark crusty ale bread, a thick disk of golden dwarf bread, a large acorn, a pale-faced coppery barn owl, a large acorn, an onion and garlic-stuffed bread, an amber-eyed tawny range wolf, a ruffled black-mantled hawk that is flying around, some wolifrew lichen, some stone benches with some stuff on it and an herbal remedy donation bin.

Also here: Roelon, Syntharis, Bernadette, Master Omiav, Magister Raelee, Sweyan, Lexbubba, Orlicks, Dame Evia, Stormyrain, Kippe, Great Lord Moglan, Great Lord Mogui, Drexxel, Relic Hunter Madmountan, Guarrin, Veramilion, Felita, Mayor Leafiara, Pukk, Miss Goblyn, Radeek, Lady Zeradeth, Sir Cryheart, Maxkovski who is sitting, Hapenlok, Rednax who is sitting, Kiyna, Lord Chamorr, Erinaya, Vaemyr, Squire Legionnaire Iskandr who is sitting, Lord Flamestead, Wahka

The sky begins to fill with huge clouds, dark and grey on the bottom, pale and white atop, their puffy crowns ascending toward the heavens.

Speaking to Radeek, Pukk says, "And I am hot, so that makes sense."

Speaking dubiously to Pukk, Leafiara says, "Nah, she has a way better sense of humor most of the time."

Leafiara musingly says, "Welp."

Speaking to Pukk, Vaemyr says, "No you see, Mother is Leafiara's doppleganger."

Speaking to Leafiara, Pukk asks, "It's all an act?"

Speaking to Cryheart, Goblyn says, "It is very nice, you will maybe eat it soon. Or maybe you will let it rot first."

A deep thunderous clap shakes the heavens.

Pukk recites:

"Everybody join Cryheart!"

Pukk exclaims, "Wait!"

[General] Faerinn thinks, "Well I can't see the sky anymore."

Iskandr says, "Well, here we go."

Cryheart says, "I will let it rot a bit."

Pukk exclaims, "Wrong Cryheart!"

Vaemyr says, "Welp there's our rain."

Pukk says, "Oh heck."

Pukk says, "Okay."

[General] Loscar thinks, "Sky is overrated."

Speaking to Cryheart, Radeek says, "Lead em well Knight...kill dat wort'less Stone feller..m'time is short tanite."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Hapenlok says, "Considering that those arms are likely part of the problem? ....I'd advise you to rethink your principles in this case. Respectfully."

[General] Leafiara notes, "Another rainy, thundering night indeed."

Speaking to Cryheart, Pukk says, "Just because I was confused, which is most of the time, you get off with a warning tonight."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Hapenlok says, "But I'm not going to press the issue. For now."

Speaking slowly to Hapenlok, Stormyrain says, "No."

Mogui exclaims, "Rise up!"

Speaking to Stormyrain, Hapenlok says, "Besides. I need to get ready for the riot."

Speaking to a black-tipped twilight grey wolf, Radeek says, "Let's go."

Vaemyr says, "I see our wolves ran off and hid afore the weather."

Speaking to Goblyn, Madmountan says, "He probably needs to die for that."

Wolfloner darkly says, "Not bloodrain atleast."

Iskandr says, "Not often I see such a quick kiss and run."

Speaking to Leafiara, Pukk says, "Okay, if we are fighting then I will be Anemegus tonight. I will be dying that much."

Speaking slowly to Pukk, Leafiara says, "I'm not even sure I understand what that means."

[General] Loscar thinks, "I miss Pennant Chase."

Speaking to Leafiara, Pukk says, "Anemegus dies a lot."

[General] Loscar thinks, "And what am I supposed to do with this silly sandwich voucher."

(OOC) Hapenlok's player whispers to the group, "I'm not even going to bother with scrolls tonight. Like Ivan Drago, 'if he dies, he dies.'"

Iskandr says, "Just point me in the killing direction, I'm never sure who that is until you give me the wink and nod."

(OOC) Hapenlok's player whispers to the group, "But I am going to heat up some snacks."

Speaking amiably to Iskandr, Leafiara says, "Just follow Cryheart and we'll get there, I'm sure."

Speaking to Iskandr, Leafiara says, "Could be knights, Rooks, blood disciples, bloodguards, Rone, golems, Stone--anything, really."

Iskandr says, "At least I remembered to put away my instrument and stand up this time. Last time was a 'hey, where is everyone?' moment."

Lazaryth says, "I'm ready for a fight. If there is one."

Cryheart recites:

"Plink, plop

plink plop

the rain is turning the ground to slop

plink plop"

Speaking to Sanctity, Leafiara asks, "Enjoy your possibly-last bath?"

Speaking to Cruxophim, Pukk says, "I hope you're hungry. We need you to eat any invaders."

Speaking to Cryheart, Lazaryth says, "Charming, old man."

Cryheart says, "I hae my moments."

There is a spark of light and the glow of a red-flamed torch flickers in a dark alleyway between two buildings of town.

Speaking darkly to Goblyn, Draccor says, "You behave now."

Speaking to Raelee, Alisaire asks, "Was I supposed to bring you some, too?"

Cruxophim affably muses, "I'm guessing our guest is here."

Leafiara slowly says, "Uh-oh. Those torches often signal vigils of sympathizers."

Speaking curiously to Draccor, Goblyn asks, "What is this meaning, to be 'behaving'?"

Speaking to Alisaire, Raelee says, "I expect nothing."

Chamorr heartily says, "Dark alley."

Leafiara says, "Like when they lit purple candles for Pylasar."

Iskandr says, "They're coming for their man."

Speaking darkly to Goblyn, Draccor says, "You know what I mean."

Speaking to Goblyn, Pukk says, "I think he meant beheading."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Hapenlok chides, "You know, I can do that for you." [she was spelling up with scrolls, crystals, and such]

Speaking thoughtfully to Pukk, Goblyn exclaims, "I do maybe like this better!"

Stormyrain says, "I have to stop carrying around this five hundred pounds of bound white crystals sometime."

Leafiara uncertainly asks, "Why are we gathered here?" [answer, looking back: because of the dark alley in the messaging, Cryheart had moved to the dark alley in TSNE, then exited it after there was nothing]

Cruxophim amicably inquires, "So, who's making wagers?"

Speaking to Stormyrain, Hapenlok suggests, "We have a well."

Goblyn yells, "Lady Lylia!"

Speaking to Goblyn, Pukk says, "Everybody like a little....uh..nevermind."

Stormyrain suddenly fades into view.

Stormyrain says, "..that's what that one does."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says something you don't understand.

Speaking to Goblyn, Lazaryth says, "You have a little.. never mind."

Leafiara muses, "I guess it's a good crossroads point for potential problems outside Moot Hall, but... I thought the people were coming to demand release from the barracks."

Speaking to Leafiara, Iskandr says, "I would imagine that we should go where Malluch will be escaping from."

Goblyn whispers something to Thrassus.

Iskandr says, "Again."

Iskandr says, "Not to rub it in."

Speaking to Cryheart, Pukk says, "With all this lightning, you are going to be our lightning rod."

Cryheart says, "As usual."

Pukk yells, "Okay, you can zap Cryheart now!"

Speaking to Iskandr, Leafiara says, "Well, to be fair, that's militia jurisdiction."

Pukk yells, "Anytime now!"

Speaking to Pukk, Hapenlok says, "The last time you tried to call lightning on him, you got struck, you dummy."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Pukk says, "Oh yeah."

Pukk quickly ducks behind Hapenlok.

Iskandr says, "Wish we'd brokered better help from the wolves."

Pukk yells, "Okay now!"

Speaking to Pukk, Hapenlok says, "You're taller than me, you idiot."

Speaking affably to Iskandr, Leafiara says, "The night's young yet."

Another red flame flickers into existence amidst a street corner of town.

Cryheart says, "Hmmm..."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Pukk asks, "Are you burning the town already?"

Ceilia says, "Wonder if those are adjacent to the blood markings."

Lylia whispers something to Xorus.

Cryheart says, "Dinnae think I am going on a chase."

Leafiara says, "If it's going to be our own citizens rioting, let's focus on disabling..."

Speaking to Pukk, Hapenlok says, "Nope. This isn't my work."

Speaking to Leafiara, Iskandr says, "This is true, either they ran away to gather help or they ran away because dogs hate thunder."

Balley softly says, "Red lights. Um that does not seem like a good thing."

Evia says, "Over by the red light district eh."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "I'm not doing anything if that's the case...unless they make a rush on the barracks."

Cryheart says, "I dinnae know any red light district."

[General] Faerinn thinks, "Hey guys Bloodguards just left the temple."

Evia says, "Me either."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Then people are probably going to get hurt."

Cruxophim skeptically murmurs, "Mmm-hmmm."

Pukk says, "If we only had a ranger or two with us to help us track down any invaders."

[General] Leafiara dryly think, "Ah, of course they did."

[General] Kothos thinks, "The bloodguards just all sauntered off. Be careful, in town and on the way there."

[General] Stormyrain thinks, "Thank you for making us aware."

[General] Leafiara gratefully thinks, "Thank you for the information, though."

Balley softly asks, "Has anyone seen or checked on Malluch today?"

Alisaire whispers something to Cryheart.

[Realm] Guarrin thinks, "Wonderful. Thank you."

Pukk says, "Nope, no rangers."

Chandrellia softly says, "Seems we have troops leaving the Temple."

Speaking wistfully to Pukk, Kippe says, "If only."

[General] Loscar thinks, "Should I be hiding."

Leafiara says, "Bloodguards have left the temple, say Faerinn and Kothos over thoughts."

Cryheart says, "Faerinn..said the bloodguards just left the temple...so be alert."

Speaking to Balley, Stormyrain says, "He's been under constant observation by members of the militia."

Iskandr says, "I'm a ranger, but last time you needed me to look for traps all I could tell you was that we were in a pine forest."

Pukk recites:

"Everybody kiss Goblyn!"

Hapenlok says, "Well, that's ....problematic."

Speaking softly to Pukk, Chandrellia says, "With pleasure."

Speaking softly to Stormyrain, Balley says, "That is good to know,"

Speaking to Goblyn, Pukk says, "They sometimes listen to me."

Hapenlok says, "Those fellows were immune to elemental attacks."

Pukk says, "Sometimes."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "Yeah, it took almost all the strength of this entire assembled force right now just to take down one of them in the outpost."

Speaking to Pukk, Goblyn exclaims, "Usually when you do tell the good jokes!"

Chandrellia softly asks, "I know this may be a bad time to ask but can anyone spare mana?"

[General] Faerinn thinks, "I'm trying to follow them. Kothos will keep vigil on the temple steps."

Taulramil asks, "Are you leading? Might I join?"

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara adds, "Well, though I should say that's partly because it kept coming back."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Iskandr says, "Ten of them hacked me to pieces a lot more quickly."

Speaking to Taulramil, Stormyrain says, "Please do and I do not lead, join the Harbinger of Discord."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Everblood."

One by one, dozens and dozens of red flames burn into view along the streets of Wehnimer's Landing. Some crimson fires burn from candles along shop windows or ledges of homes throughout shanty town. Some sanguine flames crackle at the end of torches held by the hands of some townspeople and even some guards and militia.

[General] Kothos thinks, "I'm not much good in a fight, but if you all feel me die, you'll have a warning, at the least."

Goblyn whispers something to Alisaire.

Taulramil says, "Fires."

Leafiara tentatively says, "Hmm."

Pukk whispers to the group, "I dated a ranger once, does that count?"

Cryheart says, "Hmmm."

Guarrin says, "Oh good, spread to the guards and militia."

Stormyrain mutters, "Exactly what I need."

Cryheart says, "That is odd."

Leafiara muses, "This is the most this has reminded me of Chaston since the whole matter started."

Thrassus says, "That is quite the number of lights."

Iskandr whispers to the group, "I am a ranger, need me to track something in particular? There are so many things trying to kill us."

Roelon deeply says, "Hmm."

Evia says, "Were we supposed to bring our torches? Or just the pitchforks..."

[General] Malluch thinks, "I think it's time to set me free."

Hapenlok says, "And once again, more proof that people seem to forget basic truths quite easily."

Cryheart says, "Buckets of water."

Stormyrain gives a sidelong glance at Leafiara.

Bernadette softly says, "I bringin an axe."

Wolfloner darkly says, "Seems Malluch is about on ESP."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Leafiara asks, "Yes?"

[General] Umbazi asks, "Can't you set yourself free?"

Chamorr heartily asks, "He's in the barracks?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Stormyrain says, "Malluch is requesting his freedom."

[General] Lazaryth thinks, "Indeed. Show us your miraculous powers."

[General] Chandrellia thinks, "I think it's time to shut you up."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "I think it's time someone force fed you some tkaro root, you fool."

Cryheart says, "Malluch is saying, it is about time to set him free."

[General] Malluch thinks, "They'll come for me otherwise."

Pukk recites:

"Free Malluch!"

[General] Evia thinks, "Some say that truth is the key..."

Pukk recites:

"Free Malluch!"

Speaking to Stormyrain, Leafiara says, "I did hear."

Razanetika softly says, "Not sure that was a request exactly."

[General] Faerinn thinks, "I either beat them to the Barracks or they are going elsewhere."

Pukk says, "Wait.."

Leafiara says, "Well.."

Speaking in Faendryl, Xorus says something you don't understand.

Pukk asks, "Not the right time?"

Stormyrain says, "I do not have the jurisdiction to do anything about that request."

[General] Faerinn thinks, "Bloodguard have not retruend to their original posts either."

[General] Chandrellia thinks, "And they will die like all others that have forced their way into this town."

Iskandr says, "All this Blood God stuff and still can't do a damn thing himself."

[General] Thrassus thinks, "He has a point." Roelon deeply says, "Free Malluch's head. His neck is holdin' it hostage."

Speaking to Taulramil, Fahlo says, "Oops.."

Leafiara says, "I suppose this is why he looked so happy to be taken into custody."

[General] Umbazi thinks, "I'm in Shanty Town and NO ONE is around."

Shadows move in the darkness of night that is nestled between the trees of the Lower Dragonsclaw forest.

Vaemyr says, "So... we free him, or we fight a bunch of blood golems."

Cryheart asks, "Where is Malluch being held?"

Stormyrain says, "In the barracks."

[General] Arianiss thinks, "All quiet here in Ta'Illistim."

Speaking to Vaemyr, Pukk says, "Sorry, I got confused."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Leafiara asks, "You're asking a pardon then, or simply that we let him go as a continued fugitive?"

[travel]

[Wehnimer's, North Ring Rd.]

The east-west road continues, closed in on the south by the militia barracks and on the north by the twelve-foot-high wall of the city itself. The occasional thud of leather boots in unison upon cobbled pavement and the clipped shouts of barked orders reverberate off the modwir walls along this part of the road. The scents of leather, weapon oil and hearty cooking fill the night air. You also see an ember-eyed fire wyrdling, the town barracks and a faded circle of smeared blood along the side of a building.

Wolfloner darkly says, "Movement in the Dragonsclaw forest."

Speaking to Leafiara, Stormyrain says, "I'm not asking anything. I'm simply stating facts. I cannot respond to that request, I do not have any power to do so."

Pukk recites:

"Off with Malluch's head!"

Speaking to Goblyn, Pukk asks, "Better?"

[General] Kothos asks, "Are you sure you want to be left free to be collected, Master Burdos?"

[General] Cryheart thinks, "Group is watching over the barracks now."

Chandrellia recites softly:

"If and when the fighting starts if you are younger I suggest getting to safety"

Speaking curiously to Pukk, Goblyn wonders, "I will have the head after?"

Cryheart says, "Aye."

[General] Leafiara asks, "Stone is coming for you tonight regardless, is that correct?"

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Or at least such is your story."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Iskandr exclaims, "It's my right to die how I wish!"

[General] Malluch thinks, "Yes. He comes tonight."

[General] Umbazi thinks, "Still patrolling Shanty Town, not seeing a soul."

Leafiara says, "Well."

[General] Lazaryth thinks, "What time does he come? I'd like to make sure I'm looking my best for the Blood God."

[General] Malluch asks, "How do you wish to proceed Mayor?"

Speaking softly to Iskandr, Chandrellia says, "Then do as you wish, and I will be at TSC to put your body parts back together."

[General] Pukk thinks, "We just took a vote. Only 3 people bothered to vote. Malluch will be beheaded tonight."

Speaking affably to Leafiara, Cruxophim inquires, "What say you, Mayor?"

[General] Faerinn thinks, "It should would be depressing if the Deadfall Daddy came and got the folks from the temple, but left Malluch."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Leafiara says, "Let's have him out."

Leafiara says, "We can't fight the entire town, but even if we could..."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok advises, "Your call. seems like we're in a bad way either way."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Iskandr says, "I'll just try to kill what kills me first."

[General] Cryheart thinks, "Malluch, dinnae provoke anything...it will only add to your first crime."

Speaking to Leafiara, Pukk asks, "If we behead him, then this all goes away right?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "But he leaves unarmed."

Leafiara says, "Even if we could, there's the possibility he's telling the truth about Stone."

[General] Kothos thinks, "It's entirely possible that these miserable people were nothing more than a test of our situation. And leanings."

[General] Evia thinks, "The rapture cometh for Malluch. Oooh."

Speaking to Pukk, Iskandr says, "If only, I still have dreams about just ending that man ranting in the museum."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "We'll let you out if your weapons are left behind."

Speaking heartily to Leafiara, Chamorr says, "Yer turnin the con vic loose."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Since the beginning, your claims were that you'd leave when Stone came."

[General] Pukk thinks, "And you have to leave your head behind too."

[General] Malluch thinks, "My weapons are already gone."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "So one way or another, this is the night."

Speaking to Leafiara, Vaemyr says, "We could try and escort Malluch and find out actually what's going on, this also could all be a trap and we're about to get crystal bombed."

Speaking to Vaemyr, Leafiara says, "It's a trap regardless, so I'm not weighing that."

Vaemyr says, "True."

Speaking to Goblyn, Lazaryth says, "You are an exceedingly eccentric woman."

Cryheart recites:

"Be ready, cause if a prism is thrown our way...I am moving"

[General] Umbazi thinks, "Incidentally, Mayor, we really need to fix the part of Shanty Town that's located in a sewage outlet. I'm sure that's contributed to the blight."

Vaemyr says, "So where do you want to fight? at the town walls or out there."

Speaking amusedly to Leafiara, Cruxophim praises, "You've adapted well."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Leafiara says, "He can have it, his release."

Speaking confusedly to Lazaryth, Goblyn says, "I do not think I am this 'eccentric', Lazaryth."

Iskandr says, "I never enjoy the prism death."

Speaking to Cryheart, Pukk says, "Hopefully."

[General] Chandrellia thinks, "Tonight the Blood Son bleeds, let's see if his powers are good enough to save himself."

Speaking to Goblyn, Lazaryth asks, "No?"

Speaking deeply to Goblyn, Roelon says, "Perhaps ye could make ah bloodson pie? ah bit of salt and rosemary."

Speaking to Cryheart, Taulramil asks, "Is there anything else we should be on the lookout for?"

Speaking in Sylvankind to Goblyn, Lazaryth asks somethinng you don't understand.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Leafiara admits, "I'm not sure about that, but that's a philosophical debate for another night."

Speaking to Leafiara, Stormyrain asks, "You are pardoning him?"

Shadows part amidst the thicket of the forest and dozens and dozens of grey-armored bloodguards step forth then stop, standing motionless like gargoyles carved out of night.

Cryheart says, "Bloodguards."

Speaking patiently to Lazaryth, Goblyn explains, "It is a very nice fruit she did give me."

Alisaire says, "I think I see some."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Leafiara says, "No. But we can release him as a special exception."

Taulramil says, "Let them come."

Pukk yells, "Attack!"

Thrassus says, "There they are."

Lazaryth says, "Fine, very well."

Lylia asks, "What is the difference between a pardon and a special exception?"

Stormyrain slowly asks, "Do you have the jurisdiction for that, outside of a full pardon?"

[General] Pukk asks, "Roblar, you are guarding the north gate right?"

Faerinn says, "Wow, I am way faster on my feet than those bloodguards."

Faerinn says, "Good to know."

Speaking to Leafiara, Vaemyr says, "Do you think they'll actually stop if we release Malluch? If stone's actually here...."

Speaking to Iskandr, Taulramil asks, "Don't suppose you have a pure potion on you eh?"

Leafiara says, "I don't have the jurisdiction for a pardon either without contacting Renpaw." [...I thought, but a SEND cleared that one up in the other direction]

[General] Roblar thinks, "No."

[General] Pukk thinks, "Madmountan you should be able to cover the west gate...."

[General] Roblar thinks, "Die well."

Iskandr says, "If we escort Malluch to the Vipershroud, then I'll have to see him whenever I walk to the Arena and it will be embarassing."

Taulramil says, "Thank you."

Loscar says, "I made it..."

[General] Leafiara asks, "Malluch, where do you want to go tonight if released? Straight to the Deadfall?"

[General] Chemaine asks, "What are you guarding Mr. Pukk?"

Speaking to Cruxophim, Taulramil says, "I thank you."

[General] Roblar thinks, "Da bakery."

Speaking affably to Taulramil, Cruxophim assures, "Not a problem."

Speaking to Madmountan, Pukk says, "Wait..you're suppose to be covering the west gate."

Speaking to Wolfloner, Leafiara says, "That was Praxopius' plot." [heh, that was a response to a whispered question]

[General] Cryheart thinks, "Heh."

[General] Chemaine thinks, "Lol."

Taulramil says, "My blade is blessed and I'm ready."

Speaking to Madmountan, Pukk says, "Just stand in front of it...then nothing will get by."

Leafiara clenches her jaw.

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok asks, "Remember what i said?"

Cruxophim affably states, "Right back."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "The game's rigged."

[General] Pukk thinks, "I'm guarding the bank...and guarding the rear..."

Iskandr says, "Might as well just throw that on there for fun too."


Letting Loose

Some town militia arrive, escorting Malluch in chains.

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "...indeed."

Leafiara says, "In that case..."

Loscar exclaims, "We did it!"

Speaking to Malluch, Leafiara says, "Somehow you're always even better in prison than outside it."

Pukk recites:

"Off with his head!"

Speaking nonchalantly to Leafiara, Cruxophim agrees, "Yes."

Speaking to Madmountan, Pukk says, "You can do the chopping."

Speaking to Pukk, Hapenlok hisses, "Shut. up. Pukk."

Speaking thoughtfully to Malluch, Leafiara says, "...take your pardon."

Speaking to Pukk, Vaemyr says, "You gonna summon Rone with that talk."

Leafiara says, "And we'll have our fight regardless. It was bound to end no other way."

Loscar says, "I supported this pardon from the last time I'm kinda glad to see it worked."

Thrassus says, "I'd watch out for Rooks."

Cruxophim rhetorically wonders, "Are we expecting a bloodbath?"

Speaking softly to Loscar, Chandrellia says, "It hasn't yet."

Malluch says, "It is hard to hear, over the noise of the crowd."

Pukk recites:

"With a show of hands, who here supports the pardon?"

Malluch grins at Leafiara.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Vaemyr says, "Try not to overeat."

Malluch asks, "What did you say?"

Speaking to Malluch, Leafiara acknowledges, "I truly don't know how you do it. You can either warn us of Stone golems from prison, or bring them on us yourself."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Goblyn asks, "Is there not always this expectation?"

Loscar asks, "It might though? Is it not worth a try?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Pukk says, "Nobody raised their hand. Pardon fails."

Speaking to Malluch, Leafiara says, "I said, you can have your pardon. It's immaterial at this point."

Malluch nods.

Speaking softly to Loscar, Chandrellia says, "I'd rather see his head in a bucket."

Speaking to Malluch, Hapenlok says, "I suppose i should tell your father that he no longer has a son."

Speaking to Malluch, Leafiara says, "By now I just want to see what you're made of."

Malluch nods to the town militia to the side of him and they look on at the Mayor, then at Captain Stormyrain.

Speaking to Hapenlok, Umbazi says, "I think he knows that."

Speaking to Malluch, Leafiara says, "I want to see if you're lying about Stone..."

Speaking to Malluch, Leafiara says, "Your healing powers..."

Speaking to Malluch, Leafiara says, "All of it."

Pukk whispers something to Cruxophim.

Umbazi says, "Well, he has lied about everything else."

Speaking to Guarrin, Goblyn whispers aloud, "... loud."

Speaking to Leafiara, Iskandr says, "His powers are lies and deception."

Cruxophim whispers something to Pukk.

Malluch says, "Your Mayor spoke, gentlemen."

Speaking to Iskandr, Leafiara says, "Are they, though? More like persuasion."

Speaking to Malluch, Umbazi asks, "So?"

The militiamen sigh and unlock Malluch's chains.

Stormyrain says, "I have no jurisdiction over the Mayor."

Malluch says, "This is true, and none have jurisdiction over the Blood God."

Malluch nods at Leafiara.

Speaking to Malluch, Leafiara says, "Bring on Stone. Your followers are tired of waiting and so am I."

Malluch nods at Stormyrain.

Speaking to Leafiara, Iskandr says, "Yes, I suppose you're right, though I've yet to see any promised magic."

Cryheart says, "Koar does."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia asks, "So does this mean he is no longer under the protection of the town?"

Xorus says, "Perhaps we should pardon Grishom Stone for all those women he killed."

Speaking quietly to Cruxophim, Raelee asks, "Not satisfied with the layout?"

Malluch says, "He is coming soon."

Cryheart says, "Koar."

Speaking to Malluch, Hapenlok says, "That remains to be seen, pup."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Leafiara says, "I'd bet that Stone's going to kill him for us."

Speaking indifferently to Raelee, Cruxophim muses, "Don't look at me, I'm not the Blood God."

Speaking evenly to Malluch, Stormyrain says, "I have known him much longer than you. We will have to disagree on that."

Speaking to Malluch, Lazaryth asks, "Soon, mm? When?"

Speaking slowly to Xorus, Goblyn asks, "Maybe he did have good reasons for this killing he did do, yes?"

Malluch says, "Thank you Mayor, for finally doing the right thing, and issuing the pardon."

Speaking darkly to Xorus, Wolfloner says, "Seems reasonable."

Leafiara gazes in amusement at Malluch.

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia says, "If not, I want my shot."

Malluch says, "You avoided some unnecessary bloodshed tonight."

Roelon deeply asks, "Should we roll out the welcoming spikes?"

Speaking to Malluch, Leafiara confesses, "I do love your optimism."

Speaking in Elven to Iskandr, Taulramil asks, "Do you trust him?"

Speaking amusedly to Malluch, Leafiara says, "But I highly doubt that."

Malluch says, "Perhaps not all bloodshed, but unnecessary one at that."

Speaking to Malluch, Faerinn asks, "What about the neccessary? Is that still on?"

Speaking gleefully to Roelon, Cruxophim declares, "Release the welcoming kraken!"

Malluch nods at Faerinn.

Speaking in Elven, Taulramil says something you don't understand.

Guarrin whispers something to Cryheart.

Speaking to Malluch, Leafiara says, "And for the record, the pardon is for the Rone crimes. Anything you do or have done after that point is on you."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Pukk says, "I heard somebody once utter, 'By all the Arkati and Cruxophim...' So you are up there."

Speaking in Elven, Taulramil says something you don't understand.

Like the withering night before the first light of dawn, the host of grey-armored bloodguards peel away from the forest, stepping back into darkness and disappearing.

Cryheart whispers something to Guarrin.

Loscar asks, "Why is the blood there anyway?"

Speaking in Elven, Taulramil says something you don't understand.

Leafiara glances suspiciously west.

Speaking bemusedly to Pukk, Cruxophim remarks, "I remember that."

Iskandr says, "Well, that was far too easy...."

Umbazi says, "Oh, Nuc is here."

Leafiara says, "...oh, I can tell this'll end well."

Malluch says, "My pardon may leave a sour taste in your mouth Mayor. But the blood guard has turned away."

Pukk says, "What a nice smell."

Cryheart says, "Well..other than being wet, might be a quiet evening."

Chamorr heartily says, "Wow glad we settin ol malluch free, I was scared there."

Speaking to Malluch, Leafiara says, "A sour taste? No, hardly."

Malluch says, "Perhaps they'll remember that when you're up for re-election."

Loscar says, "No, no...it used to be not on all of them."

Speaking to Malluch, Leafiara says, "I told you before, I'm not your enemy."

Leafiara chuckles.

Evia says, "Remember..."

[General] Kyal thinks, "How anti-climatic."

Cryheart says, "Only citizens can vote."

Ceilia says, "Constructs don't have voting rights, as far as I'm aware."

Goblyn whispers something to Lylia.

Speaking to Malluch, Hapenlok says, "Stone's vanity got the better of him before. You'd do well to remember that."

Chamorr heartily says, "Cahoots."

Speaking to Malluch, Lylia says, "Gloating is unseemly, Malluch."


Stone's Approach

A speck of crimson light flashes in the distance.

[General] Kothos thinks, "I don't see anyone here, as of yet. The Temple is quiet."

Speaking inquisitively to Malluch, Leafiara says, "Care to run for the town council again? The same position is opening up, you know."

Thrassus says, "All the torchholders do, though."

[General] Stormyrain thinks, "Malluch has been released and pardoned by the Mayor."

Loscar says, "I don't think he's gloating I think he is trolling."

Speaking affably to Malluch, Cruxophim offers, "Care for something to wash it down with?"

[General] Stormyrain thinks, "We wait to see what Grishom will do."

Thrassus says, "Ah, I think that might be Stone."

[General] Stormyrain thinks, "..if he arrives."

Speaking in Elven, Taulramil says something you don't understand.

Speaking to Malluch, Evia asks, "Are you being raptured out?"

[General] Faerinn thinks, "I think I see the Deadfall Daddy signal off in the distance."

[General] Kothos thinks, "Thank you, Captain. I'll report any change here."

Loscar says, "And I think a lot of you are blood hungry."

Umbazi says, "A tiny bit of crimson light? It's not very impressive."

[General] Pukk thinks, "Will Mother arrive...that is another question."

Speaking softly to Loscar, Chandrellia says, "I do have a taste for it being a healer."

[Realm] Taulramil thinks, "Like most he will hide and sulk back to shadows like a coward."

Speaking wryly to Loscar, Leafiara says, "Yeah, I too can't believe I've chosen the option that potentially led to *less* bloodshed."

Cryheart says, "Dinnae get Miss Goblyn's hopes up now."

Speaking to Leafiara, Iskandr says, "So far...."

Speaking to Malluch, Thrassus asks, "Where will Stone be making his appearance?"

Speaking offhandedly to Iskandr, Leafiara says, "Like I said, the night's young."

Cryheart says, "Oo..nice."

Malluch says, "He is coming."

Speaking pleasantly to Malluch, Cruxophim offers, "Refreshment."

Speaking in Elven, Taulramil says something you don't understand.

Speaking curiously to Malluch, Leafiara asks, "So, are you heading to the Deadfall then?"

Malluch marches off towards the gates of town.

[travel]

Speaking to Thrassus, Pukk says, "Helga's."

Leafiara slowly says, "Okay then."

[Wehnimer's, Outside Gate]

Citizens, merchants and assorted dregs of society jostle against you before the great wooden gates of Wehnimer's Landing. Harried guards and militiamen try to keep the chaos to a minimum, but it is hard to keep track of those entering, let alone leaving, this large trading post. A dirt path encircling the wooden palisade of the town leads east and southwest. Nailed prominently to the wooden wall beside the gate is a sign you really should read. You also see an ivy-covered white monir tower and the Wayside inn.

Speaking in Elven to Iskandr, Taulramil says something you don't understand.

Cruxophim amusedly notes, "I think we left Malluch."

Faerinn asks, "Y'all see Malluch go by?"

Vaemyr says, "I wonder which gate."

Leafiara says, "He moved toward the gates, but where he's gone since then, I don't know."

Speaking to Faerinn, Guarrin says, "Pardoned already."

Umbazi says, "I think he went out the West Gate."

Evia says, "Maybe he took a side road to another gate."

Speaking in Elven, Stormyrain says something you don't understand.

Speaking in Elven to Iskandr, Taulramil says something you don't understand.

Cryheart says, "Dinnae see him here."

Evia says, "Or got transported by the rapture."

Speaking agreeably to Stormyrain, Leafiara reasons, "Yes... after Thadston sent many to die against the bloodguards, I didn't want us to face that many of them." [response to what she said in Elven; obviously Leafi understands that, but I want to present logs from the perspective of someone who knows only Common]

Speaking to Taulramil, Iskandr says, "I've mentioned that here about fifty times."

Hapenlok says, "Maybe at the Deadfall entrance? I'll go check."

Leafiara says, "History can judge whether it's the right or wrong move."

[General] Loscar thinks, "I got lost."

Cryheart yells, "Where is this so-called Blood God?"

Speaking in Elven to Iskandr, Taulramil says something you don't understand.

Pukk says, "This is another fine mess you got us into again Hap."

Speaking in Elven to Iskandr, Taulramil says something you don't understand.

Speaking to Cryheart, Leaifara says, "If we're lucky, it was just yet another of his lies."

Cryheart asks, "Camp?"

Speaking to Taulramil, Iskandr says, "Their town, their rules."

Cryheart asks, "Is the camp still there?"

Speaking in Elven, Stormyrain asks something you don't understand.

[General] Pukk thinks, "If things go wrong, blame Hapenlok."

Speaking to Cryheart, Leafiara says, "I believe so, but the bloodguards abandoned it."

Cryheart says, "Ok."

Cryheart says, "Hmmm."

Leafiara says, "At least last I looked."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Get stuffed, Pukk."

[General] Nyatherra thinks, "I think things are going wrong now."

[travel]

Speaking in Elven to Stormyrain, Taulramil says something you don't understand.

Vaemyr says, "Yup all gone."

[General] Pukk thinks, "Now I'm hungry for stuffing."

Cryheart says, "Making sure there is nae another attack on the Outpost."

[General] Nyatherra thinks, "I didn't mean for me."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Lylia says, "Made you dinner." [killed a rolton]

Speaking in Elven, Stormyrain says something you don't understand.

Iskandr asks, "So no one was going to tell me I was still wearing my forging apron, eh?"

Leafiara musingly says, "Well, if he heads straight south to the Deadfall, then our night is over."

Pukk yells, "Rolton invasion! It's the worst thing possible!"

Speaking in Elven, Stormyrain slowly says something you don't understand.

Leafiara dryly says, "We're never that lucky."

Cryheart says, "Hmm."

[travel]

Roelon deeply says, "Always ah first....."

Vaemyr says, "It's still storming."

A crimson light against a backdrop of night forms in the sky above the Upper Trollfang, tearing into existence like a small red sun being birthed from a womb of shadows. Ribbons of ethereal sanguine light glow from the spherical glow like wild, disconnected veins.

[General] Leafiara asks, "Is the temple alright? Have his followers left there?"

Loscar says, "Um..."

Thrassus says, "There he is."

Speaking ruefully to Lylia, Cruxophim admits, "I could use more than a snack."

Loscar says, "That last one sounded bad."

Roelon deeply says, "Well. Ah take that back then."

[General] Kyal thinks, "That looks neat."

Lazaryth says, "Now, who on Elanith could that be..."

[General] Faerinn thinks, "Temple is still quiet."

Leafiara admits, "Color me surprised, I really thought he was lying about Stone."

[Upper Trollfang]

The path twists and turns as it covers this area of transition between a dark forest to the southwest and a flat, moonlit plain to the north. You also see a gnarled black forest.

[General] Kothos thinks, "I haven't seen evidence of what his followers will do, but the bloodguard have not returned."

Cryheart says, "Deadfall."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Yes, they seem to have withdrawn from the area out here too."

Cryheart says, "I am guessing Malluch made a beeline to here."

Speaking to Leafiara, Iskandr says, "If all goes well tonight, we'll all be wrinkle free come morning."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "We're near the Deadfall now, where we've seen signs of what might be Stone."

[General] Lylia thinks, "We are at the Deadfall. The skies are crimson, a herald of Stone, who has never heard of a subtle entrance. I can relate."

[General] Faerinn thinks, "Just did just turn up his Deadfall lights."

Loscar asks, "Pukk are your spiders fighting?"

Alisaire mildly remarks, "What a lovely forest."

Speaking to Lazaryth, Lylia asks, "Why tiptoe in, after all?"

Pukk says, "They are playing together, nicely."

Speaking to Lylia, Lazaryth says, "That's what I've always said."

Speaking to Alisaire, Stormyrain asks, "Have you not been in the Deadfall before?"

Speaking to Stormyrain, Alisaire says, "I have not."

Loscar says, "It looks...sticky."

Umbazi says, "It appears to be inaccessible."

Stormyrain distantly says, "It's..a fascinating place."

Speaking to Loscar, Lazaryth says, "Touch it and find out."

Speaking to Umbazi, Leafiara explains, "It always is unless he wants otherwise."

Speaking to Alisaire, Hapenlok says, "Well, it wasn't that fun before we put an entire bloody maw in it."

Cryheart says, "It was closed by Stone."

Hapenlok says, "It's even less fun after that."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Alisaire says, "Perhaps I shall make the trek, then."

Loscar says, "I would prefer not to."

Speaking to Umbazi, Leafiara offhandedly says, "Never know, maybe we'll get a rare opportunity this very night."

Speaking in Elven, Taulramil says something you don't understand.

Speaking warmly to Alisaire, Cruxophim gushes, "Oh, you'll love it."

Speaking to Cryheart, Hapenlok says, "No, it was sealed by ....someone whose name I can't remember at the moment after all the blood trees and roots were yanked up from the earth."

Speaking to Cryheart, Umbazi asks, "I've heard of people being recluses before, but that's ridiculous. A whole forest?"

Speaking to Cryheart, Hapenlok says, "Then Stone broke the seal. And sealed the seal."

Guarrin whispers something to Alisaire.

[General] Desorceri thinks, "25k tip in the pool... in honor of my first F'Eryrie box."

Cryheart says, "Aye."

Hapenlok says, "And now we're probably doomed."

Speaking to Umbazi, Leafiara admits, "It works for the sylvans, so I can only blame him so much."

A red orb pulses in the center of the sanguine light above the Deadfall forest, which rises in the heart of the Trollfang forest like a giant black stain.

Loscar says, "Oh I get it the Icemule area leads to this one via blood portal."

Cryheart says, "Every day affair for the Landing."

Taulramil says, "Hmm."

[General] Faerinn asks, "It's taking off?"

Hapenlok asks, "Know what would probably be funny? And tragic?"

Cruxophim amicably states, "Cheers."

Hapenlok says, "If Slim showed up right now."

Lylia says, "Ersix Severus Faendryl."

Loscar says, "Well now it's very wet."

Speaking to Lylia, Hapenlok says, "Thanks, I thought that was his name, but I didn't want to get it wrong."

Vaemyr says, "Been pretty wet."

Iskandr says, "Well, this is disturbing enough that I'm glad it's not all a farce, because I convinced the Legion it was worth checking up on and would be a bit sad if I had to report that it was all just nonsense. Bloody sky looks pretty legitimate."

Lylia says, "I have a fairly good memory for Faendryl names, being more used to them."

Speaking to Wolfloner, Pukk says, "Okay, we will leave the killing to you."

Stormyrain can offer Iskandr only a blank expression.

Speaking to Iskandr, Leafiara mutters, "Small solace, I guess?"

Kyal softly says, "I was in a band called blood sky."

Xorus says, "Ersix moved the maw into the Deadfall. The Wyrdeep druids set up the energy barrier, and Stone used their lead Briarstorm's blood to force his way into it."

Stormyrain flatly says, "Yes, by all means, we Landingites just holler at the tiniest thing."

Speaking to Iskandr, Vaemyr says, "You get used to the bloody rain after a few years."

Speaking to Iskandr, Lylia says, "Stone is many things, but he is not typically a liar. The light-show is more than theatrics."

Speaking softly to Stormyrain, Kyal says, "And hoot, don't forget hoot."

Stormyrain murmurs, "He does love a dramatic entrance."

Speaking to Lylia, Hapenlok says, "Well, he has a funny way of telling the truth, sometimes."

Speaking to Leafiara, Iskandr says, "Helps me write off all the time spent drinking, parting, and dancing with Lylia."

[General] Arianiss thinks, "Maybe Malluch can heal this dead body I have with me."

[General] Faerinn thinks, "The followers are gaving at the steps."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "He's never demonstrated any ability like that at all."

Speaking to Xorus, Pukk says, "If Raelee and you had children they would be a bunch of smartypants running around."

Speaking to Xorus, Lylia says, "Yes, that is the fuller tale."

Kiyna says, "Ow."

[General] Cryheart thinks, "We are at the Deadfall."

Speaking confusedly to Raelee, Goblyn asks, "You are having this children with Xorus?"

[General] Kothos thinks, "I'm introducing myself."

Speaking to Goblyn, Raelee says, "... no."

[General] Faerinn thinks, "I'm offering drinks."

Xorus says, "I would not presume to know they would wear pants."

A voice in your mind whispers ever so faintly, "Come home."

[General] Cryheart asks, "What is going on at the Temple?"

Lazaryth says, "Did you hear Kothos and -"

Speaking to Raelee, Goblyn says, "... very well, then."

Taulramil says, "So you pardoned Malluch, Stone ran, and the sons of blood are gone too."

Chamorr heartily says, "He sure is takin his sweetarse time."

Lazaryth quickly says, "I need to go."

Iskandr says, "Great."

Vaemyr asks, "Umm anyone else hear that?"

Pukk says, "Okay, I really need to go home right now...."

Bernadette softly says, "Aye."

Leafiara uncertainly says, "...did anyone else--"

Stormyrain slowly says, "Yes."

Leafiara says, "Ahh."

Chandrellia yells, "I am home!"

[General] Kothos thinks, "I am home."

Xayd says, "How fun the voices are back."

[via locate]

[Temple Entrance]

A closer examination of the temple's walls reveals nature's dual role of destroyer and consoler. Vines have torn apart some of the more delicate carvings, but moss has healed the breaches in the stonework. Friezes of stylized flames and lotus flowers that span the length of the facade are almost hidden in the shadows, but the sandstone figure of a kneeling woman on the lintel above the entrance is plainly visible even in the faint moonlight. You also see an ember-eyed fire wyrdling, a grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask, a grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask, a grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask, a grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask, a grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask, a grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask, a grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask, a flight of broad stone steps and a carved teak door.

Also here: Barrister Faerinn, Lord Kothos

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "...no..."

Stormyrain says, "Not the voices. Grishom."

Bernadette softly says, "Come home it sed."

[General] Novarian thinks, "I heard that in town...."

Chamorr heartily asks, "Come home?"

Umbazi says, "I can't go home. Home is Barrett's Gorge."

Taulramil says, "Hmm."

Cryheart says, "Most likely."

Umbazi says, "That's not home."

Chamorr heartily says, "But I did me chores."

Umbazi says, "Not mine, anyway."

Hapenlok raspily says, "No, it's here."

Leafiara offers, "Well, for whatever comfort it's worth, I suppose Stone will kill them instead of us doing it."

Stormyrain says, "I'm certain he considers himself... 'home'."

Kyal softly says, "If it wants us to come home, it should let us in."

Xayd says, "But thats all the way in pinefar."

[General] Kothos thinks, "...they're leaving."

[General] Faerinn thinks, "Followers are on the move."

[Temple Entrance]

A closer examination of the temple's walls reveals nature's dual role of destroyer and consoler. Vines have torn apart some of the more delicate carvings, but moss has healed the breaches in the stonework. Friezes of stylized flames and lotus flowers that span the length of the facade are almost hidden in the shadows, but the sandstone figure of a kneeling woman on the lintel above the entrance is plainly visible even in the faint moonlight. You also see an ember-eyed fire wyrdling, a flight of broad stone steps and a carved teak door.

Also here: Barrister Faerinn, Lord Kothos

[General] Lylia thinks, "They are heeding that call."

Speaking to Chamorr, Evia says, "Yakkity yak, don't talk back."

Vaemyr says, "The followers are comin."

[General] Cryheart thinks, "We are here at the Deadfall."

Kothos says, "You just missed them, but they...damn it." [over at the temple]

Lazaryth asks, "They left already?"

Speaking heartily to Evia, Chamorr says, "Yup."

Vaemyr asks, "Do we just let them go to Stone?"

Lazaryth says, "I was concerned -"

Kothos says, "I'd hoped..."

Lazaryth says, "This may not be my temple, but... She is still my god."

Loscar asks, "What makes everyone think they are against us?"

Hapenlok asks, "If we kill them? He'll get them anyway. If we clap them in irons?"

Speaking to Vaemyr, Taulramil says, "At one point the blood must be staunched."

Chamorr heartily says, "We should whack them, keep Stone from gettin them."

Madmountan says, "I'm not sure if that's more or less comforting than blue butterfly boys thinking in my head."

Lylia asks, "They were allowed to the Temple of Ivas to prevent their being harmed in some local struggle; would we now attack them?"

Cryheart says, "We let them through."

Faerinn says, "I suppose I should go chasing again."

Hapenlok says, "It'll just cause more problems."

Kothos says, "That she would come out and wipe that fellow's smirk off his face."

Lazaryth asks, "I'll go back. Do you want to go with me?"

Leafiara asks, "If we kill them, it's the same power given to Stone either way, no?"

Hapenlok says, "Nope. We lose this round."

Kothos says, "Might as well."

Kothos asks, "Faerinn?"

Stormyrain slowly says, "Well.."

Hapenlok says, "Unless anyone has any quick ideas."

Faerinn says, "Yeah."

Cryheart says, "We are nae the blood thirsty Stone."

Iskandr says, "Yeah, that's my worry, that spilling blood just makes this worse."

Speaking to Leafiara, Vaemyr says, "Yeah was just trying to think of how to trap them, force Stone to come out here if he wants them."

Speaking nonchalantly to Iskandr, Cruxophim remarks, "Generally does."

Speaking amusedly to Vaemyr, Leafiara says, "Good luck with that one."

Speaking heartily to Cryheart, Chamorr asks, "We ain't?"

Speaking to Iskandr, Taulramil says, "Sometimes a good bleed cleanses the bad out and life goes on."

Stormyrain says, "It would potentially mean less power for him, since the will of the followers, the blood donors, does add--something to the strength of the spell."

Speaking to Balley, Pukk says, "If Grishom does show up, you can ask him about that scarab."

Leafiara says, "I suppose their willing sacrifi--"

Speaking to Stormyrain, Leafiara says, "..right, that."

Stormyrain says, "But--that is how I practice. I have no idea how his practice has evolved and changed."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Iskandr says, "Every time I look at you now I remember a blood golem being born though you."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Hapenlok asks, "Remember the women?"

[General] Lazaryth thinks, "None left in the temple. I'm returning with Kothos and Faerinn."

Kyal yells, "Less thunder and more lightning!"

Speaking to Cruxophim, Pukk asks, "You gave birth to a golem?"

Speaking amicably to Iskandr, Cruxophim consoles, "I'm on a diet now."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Hapenlok says, "They weren't willing. And look what he did with that power."

Cryheart says, "Just be prepared in case someone attacks us."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Pukk exclaims, "By the gods, that must have hurt!"

Speaking deeply to Pukk, Roelon says, "He is ah mama."

Kiyna says, "We got some mages, aye? You can knock 'em all on their butts with magic. That's nonlethal."

Roelon deeply says, "Or was...."

Speaking to Kiyna, Leafiara says, "It won't delay things long."

Speaking to Kiyna, Hapenlok says, "The problem is, is that they'll keep getting up."

Hapenlok says, "And I've seen tendrils from those blood trees snag people. And they're ALL in there."

Leafiara says, "Unlike Malluch, I'm pretty sure Grishom actually can raise the dead."

Speaking heartily to a gnarled black forest, Chamorr says, "Can Grish come out an play."

The trees of the forest begin to sway.

Alisaire mildly says, "Even trees need to eat now and then."

Evia says, "It seems their more direct proximity may be needed."

Vaemyr says, "Oh boy."

Kiyna says, "Oh dear."

Leafiara impatiently says, "Finally."

Kyal softly exclaims, "Dancing trees!"

Speaking softly to Chamorr, Chandrellia exclaims, "Ok you have to teach me that trick!"

Roelon deeply says, "Ah bit breezy is all."

Speaking to Faerinn, Lazaryth says, "There you are."

Umbazi says, "Oh, the horror. Trees are moving in the wind."

Vaemyr says, "I can't say I've been in there before since Stone closed it off."

Faerinn says, "Seems the masked followers are on their way here."

Loscar says, "It's only a small pillar of darkness."

Leafiara amusedly says, "Of course they needed an escort to the temple, but not an escort back from it."

Goblyn whispers something to Cruxophim.

Kothos says, "I won't lie. I'd hoped that at least some of them would be taken by our hospitality and elect to stay."

Leafiara says, "All within expectation."

Loscar says, "Gross."

Speaking to Kothos, Guarrin says, "I had hoped the same."

Speaking to Kothos, Lylia says, "I am surprised none did. The Temple of Ivas is more comfortable than this dark tangle, at least to me."

Faerinn says, "I mean I haven't seen them yet. Might be having trouble navigating the swamp..."

Speaking to Kothos, Hapenlok says, "No, the hooks are in."

Evia says, "I am uncertain their power to elect anything is still intact."

Kyal softly says, "We just had to bleed on it? I could have done that ages ago."

Speaking to Lylia, Thrassus says, "Who knows what the interior of the forest is like now? It could be quite nice."

Loscar says, "I'm still very wet..."

Speaking to Goblyn, Kothos says, "You could come stay with me, sometime."

Speaking softly to Cruxophim, Chandrellia says, "I'm jealous, you have all the cool toys."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "I don't know how to stop this."


Arrivals

Shadows stir along the Deadfall forest and a figure arrives from the woods, a man with piercing deep sea blue eyes and garbed in shifting red robes.

Grishom flashes a wide grin.

Lazaryth says, "Aha."

Speaking to Thrassus, Lylia murmurs, "I was just thinking that...that it must be wondrously strange inside."

Speaking slowly to Kothos, Goblyn asks, "Why will I be doing this?"

Balley softly says, "Well Hello Grishom."

Speaking to Grishom, Leafiara grumbles, "You are way too slow at this."

Speaking softly to Grishom, Kyal says, "Love the robes."

Leafiara adds, "That said, evening."

Lazaryth says, "Tardy, but present."

Speaking to Grishom, Kothos says, "Good evening."

Loscar says, "Wrong guy..."

Speaking to Grishom, Taulramil says, "I've seen you before, you should be dead."

Evia says, "He Cometh."

Speaking to Grishom, Vaemyr says, "Well hello there Mr Stone, long time."

Speaking darkly to Grishom, Wolfloner says, "Been a while."

Speaking politely to Grishom, Cruxophim offers, "Welcome to our humble town."

Lylia says, "Why, hello."

Speaking wickedly to Grishom, Hapenlok asks, "Well, interesting trick you pulled with Malluch. What'd you promise him?"

Faerinn says, "The Deadfall Daddy arriveth."

Speaking to Goblyn, Kothos says, "I'm a charming host, that's why."

Speaking to Goblyn, Kothos asks, "Who doesn't love the swamp?"

Grishom gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

Speaking softly to Grishom, Chandrellia says, "Interesting."

Xorus says, "Good evening, Grishom."

Speaking to Grishom, Kothos asks, "Aren't I?"

Speaking amusedly to Kothos, Goblyn says, "Maybe in some time. I do, yes, like this swamps."

Speaking softly to Grishom, Chandrellia says, "I expected someone bigger."

Grishom asks, "Isn't it fascinating?"

Loscar says, "Nope wrong guy...it's a decoy."

Speaking to Kothos, Faerinn says, "It is a lovely temple that has been bustling with activity all day."

Speaking to Grishom, Thrassus asks, "The forest?"

Balley softly asks, "Fascinating? What?"

Grishom says, "It doesn't matter where I hold court. An island. A tower. A forest. You will come."

Speaking to Grishom, Hapenlok quotes, "The Fascination shall become....Death."

Kyal softly asks, "Is this like red rover, do we send one person into the forest now?"

Speaking to Faerinn, Kothos says, "Bursting, too, if we want to get lyrical."

Speaking to Grishom, Taulramil says, "Using innocents for blood."

Loscar says, "I'll go..."

Speaking deeply to Grishom, Roelon says, "Last time ah saw ye...ye shattered to tiny pieces."

Speaking wryly to Grishom, Leafiara says, "We were getting bored of hearing your boy rant for a month straight, so we had to come just to see some action."

Grishom grins at Leafiara.

Speaking to Grishom, Kothos asks, "Are those who were housed in Her Temple safe, still?"

Grishom says, "Your wait is over. I've come to collect the first harvest."

Speaking to Grishom, Kothos asks, "Those that answered the call you just gave?"

Lazaryth says, "Ah, a harvest. I see."

Speaking to Grishom, Iskandr asks, "Is that us or your people?"

Speaking softly to Grishom, Balley asks, "Why did you send Malluch to brag about you?"

Cryheart says, "His followers."

Kyal softly asks, "A harvest, in this economy?"

Leafiara acknowledges, "Yep, we figured."

Speaking to Grishom, Faerinn asks, "Harvest is an upsetting way to refer to your flock? Are you going to shear them?"

Speaking to Grishom, Hapenlok says, "A forest full of blood, and you need more....fancy that."

Speaking to Grishom, Taulramil says, "Try to take us, we are stronger than your rolton."

In the distance, just at the edge of the Upper Trollfang, the red light of torches can be seen and figures in red oak masks appear to be moving in groups towards the Deadfall forest.

Speaking to Faerinn, Iskandr says, "I imagine far worse."

Guarrin asks, "Hardly the season for a harvest, no?"

Kiyna says, "Exsanguinate them, I expect."

Speaking calmly to Grishom, Cruxophim inquires, "And this is of their volition?"

Speaking heartily to Leafiara, Chamorr asks, "And we are letting Stone harvest these innocents?"

Cryheart whispers something to Umbazi.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Kothos asks, "Do they still have that?"

Speaking to Chamorr, Leafiara says, "There's no 'we' out here. Do as you wish."

Speaking to Grishom, Hapenlok asks, "And honestly, I suppose it doesn't matter much whether they're dead before they get here, or alive? Does it?"

Speaking to Chamorr, Leafiara reminds, "Outside the gates."

Speaking to Evia, Kothos says, "I fear you may be correct, lovely."

Speaking neutrally to Kothos, Cruxophim reasons, "They chose to enter into a contract of their own will, I presume."

Speaking to Grishom, Hapenlok says, "But like I said, it's rather interesting, a boy who grew up and saw the horrors you wrought would be your lapdog in all this."

Kyal softly says, "100 mil says the contract is signed in blood."

Speaking to Grishom, Hapenlok asks, "What did you offer him, Stone?"

Speaking to Hapenlok, Evia says, "An appeal to vanity often works."

Speaking wryly to Kothos, Cruxophim opines, "Far be it from me to cast aspersions on one's ontological interests."

Speaking to Grishom, Hapenlok says, "You offered us Walkar, once upon a time. And you freed yourself in the process."

Speaking softly to Cruxophim, Kyal says, "Stop making up words."

High above, the sky is a whorled mix of red and black, life and shadow as the glow of the orb, the aura of the blood sun...pulsates with a great power within. Thin, faint veins still lick at the sky.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Kothos says, "I was just thinking about something far more pleasant than contract law, my apologies."

Vaemyr says, "Well that's a new one."

Iskandr says, "That's fun."

Kyal softly says, "Veiny licks."

Taulramil says, "See that."

Chandrellia softly whispers aloud, "Interesting."

Grishom nods at Thrassus.

Loscar says, "Salty..."

Speaking to Alisaire, Xorus says, "It must be strange seeing the sun after all these years."

Speaking softly to Loscar, Chandrellia says, "You get used to it."

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask just arrived!

Mekimin softly muses, "Huh. Called it."

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask just arrived!

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask just arrived!

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask just arrived!

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask just arrived!

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask just arrived!

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask just arrived!

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask just arrived!

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask just arrived!

Madmountan exclaims, "There they are!"

Chandrellia softly says, "Oh here we go with the masks again."

Leafiara says, "Ahh, at last they arrive."

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask just arrived!

Loscar says, "Hi."

Speaking to Grishom, Hapenlok asks, "So, how about it Grish? You told him he'd be able to heal people? He just needed to bring these supplicants to you?"

Loscar asks, "Want to be friends?"

Evia says, "Come and be reaped, I guess."

Iskandr asks, "So don't kill these ones yet, yeah?"

Ceilia quietly says, "Lambs to the slaughter."

Speaking softly to a grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask, Kyal says, "Really gotta stop wearing masks with eyeholes."

Cruxophim mildly observes, "Lamb is an acquired taste."

Cryheart yells, "Come out and be free!"

Chandrellia recites softly:

"Adam, Adam are you still among these people?"

Speaking to Grishom, Faerinn asks, "So are you fleecing them out here or in there?"

Speaking deeply to Chandrellia, Roelon says, "Ah hope ..he turned away from this."

Kothos says, "It's not too late."

Speaking softly to Roelon, Chandrellia says, "If not mayhaps I can try one last time he is the only one I know here."

Grishom slowly empties his lungs.

Cryheart says, "All ye can still be free."

Chandrellia yells, "Adam are you among these people?"

Speaking softly to Grishom, Kyal says, "Deep breaths."

[Roll result: 64 (open d100: -44)]

Chamorr swings his glaes broadsword at a grey robed figure's wearing a carved red oak mask broadsword and connects!

Chamorr fails to knock the broadsword away!

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask says, "That's it, Chamorr! You've attacked me, and now you'll die!"

Taulramil asks, "These are the ones he is harvesting?"

Grishom glances at Chamorr.

Grishom asks, "You stand in the way of free will?"

Grishom peers quizzically at Chamorr.

Kyal softly says, "He has free will to attack them."

Speaking apologetically to Grishom, Cruxophim states, "He does that often."

Lord Malluch just arrived.

Chamorr heartily says, "Why is an innocent wearing a broadsword."

Kyal softly says, "Jus' sayin'."

Speaking to Grishom, Leafiara confides, "I have to tell you, Malluch was probably the worst possible prophet you could have found, so consider it a wonder he even got this many."

Cryheart asks, "Or under your spell of influence, Stone?"

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia remarks something you don't understand.

Speaking to Grishom, Taulramil says, "Free will under lies and smoke."

Speaking to Chamorr, Alisaire says, "You don't look very innocent to me."

Malluch glances at Leafiara.

Speaking deeply to Grishom, Roelon says, "Directed will. Their freedom was taken away by lies."

Speaking offhandedly to Malluch, Leafiara says, "Seriously, no offense, but your first sermon was the craziest one you could have chosen to give."

Leafiara chuckles.

Grishom says, "There is power beyond the Arkati. That is truth."

Speaking amusedly to Chamorr, Cruxophim counters, "Why are you wearing a broadsword?"

Speaking heartily to Alisaire, Chamorr says, "I tried to disarm him."

Speaking in Faendryl to Lylia, Kothos says something you don't understand.

Speaking to Leafiara, Evia says, "Sheep don't need to understand the shepherd to be gathered."

Leafiara says, "Yes, the Drakes indeed."

Speaking to Grishom, Hapenlok asks, "What good is ascending, when your process is likely going to end this world?"

Cryheart says, "We hae felt the valence."

Speaking softly to Cruxophim, Kyal says, "It's called style, look it up."

Speaking heartily to Cruxophim, Chamorr says, "Cause I kill stuff."

Speaking to Grishom, Faerinn asks, "So are you fleecing them out here or in there?"

Iskandr says, "Free will is me here with all these crazy Landing folk alligned against you and your crazy Landing folk when I could just be safely behind a wall on the other side of a mountain range."

Madmountan says, "You might want to wash the Ivas off of them before you harvest them."

Speaking vaguely to Hapenlok, Goblyn says, "There maybe are other worlds, Hapenlok."

Loscar says, "Hi."

One by one, dozens of red masked figures arrive, pouring out of the forest. Some stand tall, some hunched with age, some short and still fresh in years.

Speaking dryly to Chamorr, Cruxophim notes, "I see."

Speaking to Grishom, Vaemyr asks, "So what, we just sacrifice a bunch of willing followers and we can become gods?"

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says something you don't understand.

Speaking politely to Kyal, Cruxophim assures, "Oh, I did."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Goblyn asks, "Or maybe also, there will be a ... canvas to paint on, yes?"

Speaking to Vaemyr, Lylia says, "It is not quite that easy."

Speaking quietly to Goblyn, Raelee remarks, "... infinite, I believe."

A voice in your mind says, "Step forward, make your purpose known, free yourself, and give life to gain life."

Speaking to Goblyn, Evia asks, "Maybe they will like to see your garden instead?"

Kothos says, "...no."

Malluch says, "Give life...to gain life."

Iskandr says, "Give life to wha....."

Malluch nods.

Kyal softly asks, "Do I have to give MY life, or will any life do?"

Lazaryth murmurs, "I know who I am, and it's not that."

Cryheart asks, "So ye sacrificing them to take their blood, Grishom?"

Loscar says, "Hello."

Umbazi says, "No. I'm not giving my life to this nothing."

Leafiara says, "What a shock."

Grishom asks, "Sacrifice?"

Speaking amusedly to Evia, Goblyn asks, "I do think maybe my garden is... not ready for them, yes?"

Grishom says, "With each birth, there is first blood."

Speaking softly to Loscar, Chandrellia asks, "Are you serious?"

Loscar says, "I have a question about the life."

Umbazi says, "You give your life, then. I'm not going to."

Cryheart says, "Give life to receive life? That sounds fishy."

Balley softly says, "Interesting thought."

Goblyn whispers something to Evia.

Speaking to Goblyn, Evia asks, "Maybe they will like to play a Goblyn game instead?"

Bernadette softly says, "I dun think so."

Speaking softly to Cryheart, Chandrellia says, "Does it tho."

Speaking softly to Cryheart, Chandrellia says, "Think about this."

Speaking mischievously to Evia, Goblyn says, "I do think they will play this kind of game in some short time, maybe."

Speaking to Cryheart, Taulramil says, "Sounds like magic from the dark years in elven history."

Loscar says, "Oh I'm dizzy."

Speaking softly to Cryheart, Chandrellia says, "Us Healers, we give our blood to thos that are wounded."

Chamorr heartily says, "Choice is does Stone kill em or do we."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Madmountan says, "Just watering the trees."

One figure steps forward. He removes his mask. His half-elven face nods and then another steps up next to him, unmasking as well. She smiles and cups her arm under Adam's.

Taulramil says, "Draining blood and life to feed you."

Speaking to a grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask, Evia asks, "How about a lovely game of GHOUL?"

Chandrellia softly says, "We give life our life to gain life into others we heal."

Kyal softly says, "Found 'im."

Chamorr heartily says, "Standing around watching this."

Lazaryth snaps, "If you're going to take them, take them already. Perhaps the Landing could do with a hundred less fools."

Speaking to Grishom, Taulramil says, "A coward's way to earn strength and fight an honorable fight."

Chandrellia softly says, "I don't know if that means anything."

Speaking to Malluch, Hapenlok repeats, "You grew up here, you know what this man's done. And you're still going along with this."

A voice in your mind says, "Step forward, make your purpose known, free yourself, and give life to gain life. There is no curse of this world that you cannot be freed from. Step forward, be healed, give life."

Speaking to Taulramil, Thrassus asks, "And what years might that exactly be?"

Kiyna asks, "Pretty pathetic offer, if I'm honest. Already got life. Why give life to gain what I already got?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Evia says, "Yep, it's cahoots."

Cruxophim mildly states, "It's considered rude to disrupt religious practices."

Kyal softly says, "I feel pretty free."

Umbazi exclaims, "I'm not suffering from any curse and I don't need to be healed. Get out of my head, Stone!"

Kothos says, "To those who came to stay wth us...I speak for my Order in saying you will be missed. We are grateful you came to us for what shelter we could provide."

Hapenlok mutters, "Of course I'm cursed. But I'm not going to go this way to get freed from my problem."

Roelon deeply says, "Logs to the fire, become dust and nothing more. Ye all will nae ascend. Just the fire that calls ye to yir doom."

Kothos says, "No matter what happens. You can come back."

Cryheart asks, "Adam, ye sure about this?"

Speaking offhandedly to Kothos, Leafiara says, "Oh, I highly doubt they'll be coming back from this."

Vaemyr says, "You all do not need to go with him, there are other ways you could be healed."

Iskandr says, "I've never truly found freedom in a bunch of people that all dress the same and chant the same trash."

Speaking heartily to Kothos, Chamorr says, "They aint comin back cept as an undead army."

Speaking to Thrassus, Taulramil says, "I'm speaking of before a time when the Faendryl dabbled into arts which best left alone."

Loscar says, "No I usually fall over a lot."

Bernadette softly says, "Please reconsider."

Chandrellia yells, "Adam if you are here please step forward let me talk to you one more time please!"

Speaking to Iskandr, Lazaryth says, "Well-said."

Evia whispers to the group, "Oh, where are our local loonies to start sacrificing themselves wildly..."

Speaking to Kothos, Lylia says, "You and yours will long be remembered for your offer, if not by these in robes, then by those who watched."

Speaking curiously to Leafiara, Goblyn asks, "Maybe they will be made to be -better-?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Kothos says, "If even a few ears are open, the hearts might be moreso."

Speaking to Thrassus, Taulramil says, "But that is a discussion for another time and old in the making, history."

A woman near Adam is led forward and she too now removes her mask. Her face is wrinkled on one side, even an eye stares off into the distance. The red sun in the sky pulses with life and suddenly the woman's skin shifts, resetting itself and her eye twitches, pushing back into better alignment within its socket. Her crooked smile straightens and the boils along her flesh melt away.

Lylia whispers to the group, "It is not the first time I have watched people die for their god."

Chamorr heartily says, "Where's Thaddy."

Loscar says, "Ew."

Speaking to Evia, Madmountan says, "My body is ready."

Alisaire mildly remarks, "Nor the last."

Umbazi whispers to the group, "They are very stupid."

Speaking deeply to Chandrellia, Roelon says, "He is here."

Lazaryth says, "Ah -"

(OOC) Vaemyr's player whispers to the group, "Temptation to open implode was so high..."

Iskandr exclaims, "Who will work the docks, Adam!"

Speaking to Cruxophim, Kothos says, "Decline."

Mekimin laughs, "I mean, okay that's pretty good stuff."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Kothos says, "A different sort of welcome, but thank you."

Chandrellia softly says, "Adam, listen to me."

Chandrellia softly says, "My mam, Balley."

Lazaryth asks, "I'm surprised. Apparently you weren't simply teasing them about the healing, mm?"

Speaking perplexedly to Grishom, Leafiara says, "You know, if you had just extended that kind of power to Malluch, there'd be a lot more here tonight."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Pukk exclaims, "See how that old women was fixed? There is hope for you yet!"

Lazaryth says, "It's cruel to tease, you know."

Iskandr asks, "All this and we're still just curing wrinkles?"

Chandrellia softly says, "She was stricken by someone and vitality was removed from her along with my sister and one other."

Loscar says, "Please be nice."

Speaking to Leafiara, Ceilia says, "Probably has to ration it until he collects enough fuel from these innocents."

Chandrellia softly says, "Malluch took those wrinkles I agree, but t is all he did, he did nothing more to help anyone in our town or those that followed."

Chandrellia softly says, "Don't be fooled by this."

Many in the crowd begin to gasp and remove their masks, looking down at their hands, or arms, many others even turning to those standing near them to gasp. Figures who once were hunched over, stand up right. Men and women with boils and wrinkled bodies arise flawless. Children laugh, some even dance.

Madmountan says, "This calls for an appropriate snack."

Hapenlok says, "A mass murderer turned fake deity."

Iskandr exclaims, "He made those people into children!"

A voice in your mind says, "Give life, to gain life. Come home."

Speaking slowly to Iskandr, Leafiara says, "You might need to check your eyes there."

Cryheart says, "An illusion."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Pukk says, "Well usually it's fake deity turns into mass murderer."

Speaking to Leafiara, Iskandr says, "I jest, I am thoroughly unimpressed."

Kyal softly asks, "I don't want a vague voice, I want terms, what we getting, immortality?"

Loscar exclaims, "I told you it's two towns! It was a trap!"

Umbazi says, "He wants us to give our lives so that he can become immortal. Not much of a deal."

Adam steps forward and stands before Grishom Stone. With the slightest motion of Grishom's finger, a thin slice appears along Adam's arm and blood spills forth, trickling to the ground.

Chandrellia softly exclaims, "No!"

Iskandr says, "Adam, think about the docks."

Grishom grins at Stormyrain.

Stormyrain can offer Grishom only a blank expression.

Pukk exclaims, "Cahoots!"

Kyal softly says, "Reminding someone of their crap job might not be the best way to convince them not to do whatever is going on here."

Adam smiles, blood trickling down his forearm. Grishom nods to him and he wanders towards the forest. The trees respond in kind, peeling open like a shadowy arch and Adam disappears within.

Hapenlok asks, "Nope. Their course was chosen. Whether it was freely or otherwise?"

Speaking to Balley, Pukk asks, "Wait..I thought you were the one suppose to be in cahoots with him?"

Chandrellia yells, "Adam!"

Lazaryth asks, "Now, where's he going?"

Evia says, "Goodbye Adam."

Chamorr heartily says, "Lost."

Kothos says, "Wherever Stone sends him."

Vaemyr says, "Gone."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Taulramil says, "I bet he is not seen anymore."

Pukk says, "He will become fertilizer soon."

Roblar deeply says, "Ah bet he iz."

Iskandr says, "If he's gonna live forever now, could have picked a better place to live."

Kyal softly asks, "We really all come out here to watch someone get scratched and bleed?"

Speaking commandingly to Grishom, Chandrellia exclaims, "What did you do to him!"

Roblar deeply says, "A warped demonic Adam."

Grishom grins at Chandrellia.

Grishom says, "Offer life, and you will see."

Speaking pragmatically to Pukk, Cruxophim lectures, "On a long enough timeline, everyone becomes fertilizer."

Speaking softly to Grishom, Chandrellia says, "Don't grin at me."

Grishom says, "Believe, and you will be freed."

Grishom nods at Chandrellia.

Kyal softly says, "I'd take immortality if I had to live in a creepy forest."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Pukk says, "If you are going to start using logic against me...I'm not going to talk to you anymore."

Kyal softly says, "Imagine the shenanigans I could get up to in there."

Cryheart says, "We are free to choose now."

Speaking deeply to Grishom, Roelon asks, "Kin ah offer yir life?"

Taulramil says, "I wish to be free sometimes."

More figures step forward, young, old, man, woman. The rest of them remove their masks. They are dockworkers, they are merchants, they are town clerks, militia, and urchins.

Kothos says, "Oh, dear. Xanthium will be so sorry."

Speaking to Kothos, Lazaryth asks, "Mm? What's that?"

Roelon deeply says, "To prey on the hopes and dreams......"

Umbazi says, "I don't understand this."

Grishom moves his hands back and forth like a masterful bard, manipulating the strings of an unseen harp.

Umbazi just punched Grishom.

Speaking to Kothos, Lazaryth says, "I know, she's missing her chance to ascend beyond the Arkati."

Lazaryth says, "It's a shame."

Lylia whispers something to Kothos.

Umbazi exclaims, "I had to punch the bastard!"

A man's wrist splits open, blood dripping out and soaking the ground. The man shouts in victory and steps forward quickly, almost running gleedly into the depths of the Deadfall.

Speaking to Grishom, Taulramil asks, "So If I chose to go in there and give life I will be free?"

Grishom glances at Umbazi.

Iskandr says, "Well mayor, not sure how you're going to explain that half your town decided to go live in a dead forest instead of live under you during the next mayoral debates."

Umbazi stares at Grishom.

Grishom points at Umbazi.

Ceilia skeptically asks, "Live?"

Grishom snaps his fingers at Umbazi.

Speaking offhandedly to Iskandr, Leafiara says, "This isn't even close to half and I'm pretty sure none of them voted for me anyway."

Kyal softly says, "I know these folks are crazy but they're making bleeding and going into the forest look REALLY fun, and I'm a sucker for peer pressure."

Umbazi says, "Yes, me, I punched you. It was pleasure."

Blood seeps out of Umbazi's body like fine red mist.

Speaking to Leafiara, Iskandr says, "Again, I joke when it looks like we all might die."

Grishom nods at Cruxophim.

Umbazi's body decays into compost.

Lazaryth says, "I think you've got a problem."

Kothos says, "He does indeed."

Berkana asks, "Problem solved?"

Goblyn dreamily says, "He did look very nice..."

Lazaryth says, "Well, I was speaking to the.. corpse.."

Kyal softly asks, "How come he didn't get to go into the forest?"

Loscar says, "I have some concerns."

Malluch says, "They do not understand my Lord."

Malluch nods at Grishom.

Faerinn asks, "Did Umbazi just get freed?"

Hapenlok murmurs, "Reduce all creation to Ash..."

Speaking to Guarrin, Kothos says, "I hope the rest of the Gryphons are less goopy."

Loscar says, "Ewww...snake."

Leafiara says, "Oh, it's very true they don't understand. They've somehow forgotten Malluch's own sermon."

Thrassus says, "That was rather clean."

Chamorr heartily says, "At least he tried to stop this madness."

Speaking to Kothos, Guarrin says, "I'd like to think we're a bit more respectful, even to enemies."

Speaking to Chamorr, Leafiara offers, "Have at it if you'd like."

(OOC) Hapenlok's player whispers to the group, "Dunno about you, but I kinda know what Hapenlok would want to do, but I can't pull the trigger on that."

(OOC) Leafiara's whispers to the group, "Yeah, I feel ya."

A young boy steps forward, dropping his mask. He bows to Grishom who with a flick of his finger, a thin wound tears across the boy's arm. The boy winces, then bows before wandering into the forest.

Roelon whispers something to Grishom.

Lylia says, "It is no more mad than many religious services."

Speaking to Guarrin, Kothos says, "I agree. I hope he's well and safe back in town."

(OOC) Hapenlok's player whispers to the group, "Aside from the high player character body count that would ensue....heh."

(OOC) Roelon's player whispers to the group, "Might be worth it."

(OOC) Vaemyr's player whispers to the group, "I got deeds!"

Chandrellia softly exclaims, "Why are we watching this madness, he is harming young childeren the ones *we* fought to protect!"

Madmountan whispers something to Goblyn.

(OOC) Kyal's player whispers to the group, "I consent to the PvP."

Taulramil whispers to the group, "Old school fun times."

(OOC) Iskandr's player whispers to the group, "Do it!"

Lylia quietly asks, "Would you take their choice of free worship from them?"

Alisaire mildly says, "There are far too few deaths for this to be a proper religious service."

Speaking heartily to Hapenlok, Chamorr says, "Do it."


Rooks' Move

A black arrow flies out of the forest and strikes a robed figure in the leg, dropping him to the ground!

Speaking to Lylia, Hapenlok says, "If it meant that we could beat him? ...I'd do it in a heartbeat."

Grishom squints.

Kiyna says, "Gettin' real sick of-"

Speaking to Lylia, Iskandr says, "It's not exactly threatening.....yet."

Alisaire says, "Oh. There it is."

Loscar says, "Ew."

Thrassus says, "Rooks."

Kyal softly says, "Finally."

Leafiara says, "...oh."

Guarrin says, "Oh come on."

Chandrellia softly exclaims, "Here we go!"

Vaemyr says, "About time they showed up."

Leafiara says, "Well then."

Taulramil asks, "Signal?"

Kothos says, "Maybe not."

Mekimin laughs, "Oh good, they're saved."

Kyal softly asks, "Just one arrow?"

Cruxophim bemusedly remarks, "Well, had to happen sooner or later."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Alisaire remarks, "Quite lovely."

Hapenlok calls, "AIM HERE."

Speaking dubiously to Kyal, Cruxophim scolds, "That wasn't you?"

Hapenlok points at Grishom.

Lazaryth amusedly murmurs, "Someone lost control of their impulses for a moment, I think."

Chandrellia yells, "And there!"

A voice shouts from the forest, "Take anymore Stone..." A second voice from another location adds, "....and we'll kill each one." A third voice from the shadows adds, "They're no good as corpses to you."

Speaking softly to Cruxophim, Kyal asks, "In the leg?"

Cruxophim calmly warns, "This is a bad idea."

Grishom smirks.

Thrassus says, "Well, that's rather harsh."

Grishom says, "Bold."

Taulramil yells, "Have to make us corpse first!"

Goblyn yells, "Go away, voices in the forest!"

Lazaryth says, "A curious tactic."

Leafiara says, "Even corpses are good enough to him, honestly."

Taulramil says, "Where."

Alisaire says, "Corpses can be surprisingly useful."

Taulramil says, "The voices."

Lazaryth asks, "Stop dooming them to their deaths, or we'll do it for you?"

Kyal softly says, "Can't lose people if they're already dead."

Roelon deeply says, "Blood is blood ah assume."

Speaking to Goblyn, Pukk asks, "I thought you would like corpses too?"

Speaking wryly to Leafiara, Cruxophim agrees, "If they want to be an offering, far be it from us to dissuade them."

Chamorr heartily says, "I'm with them."

Balley softly says, "Corpse do not give thier blood willingly. Not as strong."

Speaking to Grishom, Hapenlok asks, "What can you do with Ash, Stone? remember who I am?"

Chandrellia softly says, "When the snake is in the hen house you cut the head off."

Loscar says, "There were darker things in his voice."

Grishom beckons with his hand. "Come home." A voice whispers in your mind.

Speaking slowly to Pukk, Goblyn says, "I do think I will have this corpses in some future times, even if it is not right here in this minute."

Speaking to Grishom, Taulramil says, "Get out of my head."

Goblyn whispers something to Pukk.

Roelon deeply says, "Ah know where mah home is. And it is nae in that blasted forest."

A grey robed figure steps to Grishom.

[Roll result: 150 (open d100: 67)]

Chamorr charges towards a grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask and attempts to headbutt him!

Chamorr slams his head into a grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask!

... 15 points of damage!

Blow to the head causes the cloaked figure's ears to ring!

A spike on Chamorr's mithril-spiked greathelm jabs into the cloaked figure!

... 10 points of damage!

Glancing strike to the head!

Leafiara slowly says, "I suspect this place is about to light with fire..."

Speaking to Grishom, Vaemyr says, "That forest is not home."

Speaking to Pukk, Cruxophim states, "I detest bloodshed."

Speaking to Grishom, Evia says, "He hasn't the skill to be more precise."

Grishom growls at Chamorr.

Balley softly asks, "Who all are you calling Grishom? Everyone or just certain people?"

Grishom points at Chamorr.

Speaking to Chamorr, Thrassus says, "You're like a V'Tullian."

Oily black veins burst out of the ground and coil around Chamorr's legs.

Speaking to Chamorr, Pukk says, "Now you went and done it."

Hapenlok chants a short phrase, embers leaping from his fingertips, as he clenches his hand into a smoke-shrouded fist.

Speaking to Grishom, Kiyna asks, "Oh, look, you didn't like that, did you?"

Chamorr's skin takes on a slight flush as Chandrellia focuses on him.

Hapenlok channels at Chamorr.

CS: +520 - TD: +377 + CvA: -26 + d100: +94 - -5 == +216

Warding failed!

Small flames of yellow and orange hues begin to lick at Chamorr. Before long, the flames grow more violent, reaching hungrily up his body. He falls to the ground and the flames engulf him. Black smoke rises in tendrils from the large blaze around Chamorr as he burns.

Chamorr drops dead at your feet!

The ghostly voice of Chamorr heartily says, "Seeyas."

Loscar exclaims, "Chamorr no!"

Chandrellia drops dead at your feet! [overhealed Chamorr]

Speaking to Grishom, Hapenlok says, "Not him."

Cruxophim blandly observes, "Well then."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Pukk asks, "You killed Bear?"

Madmountan says, "There's some blood."

Loscar exclaims, "Stop!"

Berkana says, "Oh, we're starting with the cees..."

Kyal softly asks, "Wait, was that a mercy kill?"

Balley softly says, "Interesting."

Another robed figure steps foward towards Grishom.

Loscar says, "Stop, bring him back."

The ghostly voice of Chandrellia softly says, "I'm sorry Bear."

The ghostly voice of Chamorr heartily says, "If ya get me up Hap better flippin hide."

Pukk attempts to punch a grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask!

UAF: 637 vs UDF: 643 = 0.990 * MM: 70 + d100: 79 = 148

... and hit for 25 points of damage!

Shallow cut across side of neck distracts the cloaked figure but draws little blood.

The cloaked figure is stunned!

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask says, "That's it, Pukk! You've attacked me, and now you'll die!"

A black arrow spins out of the forest and strikes the man in the throat, dropping him instantly. The figure coughs and chokes on his own blood, grasping at his neck and twitching.

Speaking softly to Grishom, Kyal says, "Look, we need to streamline this, I'll cut them you send 'em off, we don't have all night for this."

Speaking to Chamorr, Hapenlok says, "Fair enough. Better at my hands though than his tendrils."

Grishom glares.

[Ord] Farseeker thinks, "Ouch."

Loscar exclaims, "Stop!"

Lazaryth yells, "Careful who you're shooting at, now."

Loscar exclaims, "PLEASE STOP!"

Speaking deeply to Grishom, Roelon says, "How about ye go home. This will nae happen."

Lazaryth says, "I don't wish to end up with an arrow in the neck, myself."

Kiyna says, "He needs his followers alive, or killing them wouldn't irk him so."

Taulramil says, "Well come on already let's.....take."

Faerinn yells, "So this is what we are doing now huh? Killing them so Stone can't, Mother?"

A figure steps forward and another arrow flies out! Malluch leaps in front of it and takes the arrow in his shoulder, spinning to the side and rolling back to his feet.

Malluch winces.

Loscar says, "Please...stop."

Evia says, "Perhaps at least they may find Lorminstra's favor and not end up ...whatever is happening to them."

Speaking to Kothos, Fahlo says, "Thanks."

Grishom nods.'

Balley softly asks, "Are you enlightened Chandi?"

Speaking to Malluch, Taulramil says, "That was fast."

Speaking to Malluch, Lazaryth says, "I'm impressed, charlatan."

Speaking softly to Malluch, Kyal says, "Nice reflexes."

Iskandr asks, "So, plan anyone?"

Speaking softly to Balley, Chandrellia says, "No mama, nothing has changed."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "I know what I have to do, now."

Speaking to Malluch, Vaemyr says, "Well I guess you needed to take the arrow since you wouldn't be able to heal them."

Speaking curiously to Malluch, Goblyn asks, "You will be going into the forest, Malluch?"

Speaking wryly to Hapenlok, Leafiara asks, "Yes?"

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara guesses, "Meteors?"

Grishom gestures, his hands moving back and forth rapidly again and blood bursts forth from the hands and ankles of the first row of robed figures. They praise Grishom as they step into the Deadfalll.

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "No."

Hapenlok chants a short phrase, embers leaping from his fingertips, as he clenches his hand into a smoke-shrouded fist.

Hapenlok channels at a grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask.

CS: +520 - TD: +295 + CvA: +25 + d100: +32 == +282

Warding failed!

Wisps of black smoke swirl around a grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask and he bursts into flame causing 173 points of damage!

'... 65 points of damage!

Left hand burned off. Only a stump remains.

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask falls to the ground and dies.

Ravenous tendrils of shadow burst forth from Cruxophim's body, streaking toward the cloaked figure to consume it in a gory feast of toothy shadow maws and barbed tentacles!

Faerinn yells, "Mother, you know this doesn't prove you didn't attack that caravan very welll."

Cryheart says, "If any of ye followers change your mind, leave and join our group."

Speaking softly to Grishom, Kyal asks, "So you could have done it faster this whole time?"

Malluch says, "They do not understand."

Thrassus asks, "Yes, that's worked so well the first couple of tries, hasn't it?"

Malluch exclaims, "Press on!"

Speaking to Malluch, Kothos asks, "And you do?"

Speaking to Malluch, Lazaryth says, "You're quite right. I feel safe in saying that none of us understand."

Speaking deeply to Malluch, Roelon says, "Yir ah misguided fool."

Chandrellia softly says, "So I gave life when do I become enlightened cause well, I don't feel any different."

Cruxophim casually remarks, "Seems pretty clear-cut to me."

Hapenlok says, "More fodder for the nightmares."

Grishom gestures wide, and a dozen robed figures bleed, soaking the ground. They rush, dodging the fire of black arrows as they vanish into the forest!

Hapenlok chants a short phrase, embers leaping from his fingertips, as he clenches his hand into a smoke-shrouded fist.

Hapenlok channels at a grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask.

CS: +520 - TD: +295 + CvA: +25 + d100: +62 == +312

Warding failed!

Wisps of black smoke swirl around a grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask and he bursts into flame causing 122 points of damage!

... 60 points of damage!

Unbelievable heat melts a grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask's hand down to the wrist.

The figure's broadsword falls to the ground.

The cloaked figure is stunned!

... 60 points of damage!

Flame consumes a grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask's right arm all the way to the shoulder.

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask falls to the ground and dies.

Ravenous tendrils of shadow burst forth from Cruxophim's body, streaking toward the cloaked figure to consume it in a gory feast of toothy shadow maws and barbed tentacles!

Hapenlok chants a short phrase, embers leaping from his fingertips, as he clenches his hand into a smoke-shrouded fist.

Leafiara says, "That was a pretty swift move."

Hapenlok channels at a grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask.

CS: +520 - TD: +295 + CvA: +25 + d100: +59 == +309

Warding failed!

Wisps of black smoke swirl around a grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask and he bursts into flame causing 141 points of damage!

... 70 points of damage!

Left leg completely charred.

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask falls to the ground grasping his mangled left leg!

The cloaked figure is stunned!

... 70 points of damage!

Left eye explodes. Sizzling pieces of brain drip from the empty socket.

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask clutches his chest and dies.

Ravenous tendrils of shadow burst forth from Cruxophim's body, streaking toward the cloaked figure to consume it in a gory feast of toothy shadow maws and barbed tentacles!

Cruxophim whispers a mystical phrase, as a nebulous haze shimmers into view around his hands, casting them in murky shadows.

Cruxophim gestures at Hapenlok.

The force of Cruxophim's power warps the air as it surges toward Hapenlok!

CS: +528 - TD: +399 + CvA: +4 + d100: +24 == +157

Warding failed!

A nebulous haze shimmers into view around Hapenlok, plunging inward to envelop his chest!

... 5 points of damage!

Flesh painfully vaporized from side!

Hapenlok's skin hardens for a moment and softens the attack!

... 20 points of damage!

Groove etched into skin of chest and quickly fills with blood.

He is stunned!

... 5 points of damage!

Flesh painfully vaporized from side!

Cloudy tendrils writhe throughout Hapenlok's form, ravaging him for 46 points of damage!

The mote of white light swirling about Cruxophim suddenly flares with blinding brilliance. Skeins of energy twine about the mote before lashing out toward Hapenlok.

A mote of white light warps the air as it surges toward Hapenlok!

CS: +566 - TD: +399 + CvA: +4 + d100: +17 == +188

Warding failed!

A nebulous haze shimmers into view around Hapenlok, plunging inward to envelop his chest!

... 5 points of damage!

Flesh painfully vaporized from side!

... 5 points of damage!

Flesh painfully vaporized from side!

... 20 points of damage!

Groove etched into skin of chest and quickly fills with blood.

... 25 points of damage!

Long, wide strip eliminated from chest, giving blood a much-needed vacation.

Cloudy tendrils writhe throughout Hapenlok's form, ravaging him for 70 points of damage!

Hapenlok drops dead at your feet!

Taulramil says, "Well."

Grishom nods at Cruxophim.

Mekimin says, "Fair."

Cruxophim mildly notes, "Fair."

Faerinn says, "Finally."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Pukk says, "Better you than me."

Speaking softly to Cruxophim, Kyal says, "Why didn't you open with that 5 minutes ago."

Taulramil says, "Well."

Speaking to Kyal, Cruxophim muses, "I was hoping it wouldn't come to that."

Chandrellia softly says, "Hap is ready."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Ceilia asks, "What's your role here, making sure he has enough blood for his ritual?"

Taulramil says, "And now we are killing each other for him."

Speaking offhandedly to Taulramil, Leafiara says, "Imagine that."

Speaking wryly to Ceilia, Cruxophim explains, "A doctor must sometimes perform triage. So far my count is three to one."

Iskandr says, "This is still going better than I expected to be honest."

Malluch says, "I will call for the blood guards M'Lord. Let them end the Rooks."

Grishom shrugs at Malluch.

Speaking heartily to Cruxophim, Chamorr says, "And what yer beef."

Cruxophim firmly states, "There need not be any further violence."

Speaking amusedly to Cruxophim, Leafiara says, "Right."

Taulramil says, "Blood guards die like any other guards."

Speaking softly to Cruxophim, Kyal says, "Need, no... want? Maybe."

Speaking darkly to Grishom, Wolfloner says, "Leave the Rooks be."

Leafiara says, "I'm sure this'll end smoothly."

Speaking to Taulramil, Iskandr says, "Not quite."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Pukk asks, "Who are you and where is the real Cruxy?"

Speaking optimistically to Leafiara, Cruxophim agrees, "Yes."

Speaking to Taulramil, Faerinn says, "They literally don't."

Speaking to Leafiara, Vaemyr says, "It always does."

Speaking to Faerinn, Taulramil says, "I fought one I know but in the end it still fell."

Speaking heartily to Leafiara, Chamorr says, "Ye think so mayor."

Speaking to Iskandr, Taulramil says, "I'll go head up with any bloodguard."

Figures continue to move towards the forest as Grishom waves his fingers, blood tearing along their flesh as they make their sacrifice before entering the woods.

Speaking to Taulramil, Faerinn says, "I don't think you fought the same thing as us."

Lazaryth says, "I've never seen a group of people so eager to make a mess of themselves."

More black arrows fly out, dropping six more cultists.

Chamorr lets loose an eerie, modulating cry!

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask is unaffected!

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask looks at Chamorr in utter terror!

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask bolts north!

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask looks at Chamorr in utter terror!

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask bolts southwest!

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask is unaffected!

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask is unaffected!

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask looks at Chamorr in utter terror!

A grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask bolts southwest!

Lazaryth mutters, "Bloody arrows."

Cryheart says, "I find it strange they hae to give blood to receive life."

Chamorr looks determined and focused.

In a breathtaking display of ability and combat mastery, Chamorr whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!

Chamorr swings a chromatic glaes broadsword at a grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask!

AS: +548 vs DS: +587 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +20 = +17

A clean miss.

Chamorr swings a chromatic glaes broadsword at a grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask!

AS: +548 vs DS: +587 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +27 = +24

A clean miss.

Chamorr swings a chromatic glaes broadsword at a grey robed figure wearing a carved red oak mask!

The cloaked figure moves at the last moment to evade the attack!

Speaking to Faerinn, Taulramil says, "I fought something."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Alisaire says, "Yes."

Speaking amusedly to Alisaire, Cruxophim relents, "Fair enough."

Speaking to Chamorr, Pukk asks, "So, are we going to attack them all?"

Grishom says, "It is unfortunate, what you've chosen this night."

Cryheart says, "Stop killing those who hae chosen to enter the forest."

Grishom nods at Chamorr.

Malluch just left.

Malluch has disconnected.

Kyal softly says, "Y'know, for commoners, these masked folk are pretty tough."

Grishom just left.

Grishom has disconnected.

Cryheart says, "Tis nae our choice."

Cryheart says, "But theirs."

Speaking heartily to Cryheart, Chamorr says, "No."

Speaking to Cryheart, Pukk says, "Party pooper."

(OOC) Leafiara's player whispers to the group, "Well shoot. Heh."

Balley softly says, "Oh."

Kyal softly asks, "It was that easy?"

Balley softly says, "Well that was interesting."

Chandrellia softly says, "Those entering have made their choice! We may not agree."

(OOC) Evia's player whispers to the group, "Poetic though, in a humorous way."

(OOC) Cryheart's player whispers to the group, "Heh."

Chandrellia softly says, "But as it's been told me to me, who are we to judge anyone."

Taulramil whispers to the group, "So thats the end of it eh."

(OOC) Vaemyr's player whispers to the group, "Well not sure that was intended, there was an east coast routing outage earlier."

Cruxophim calmly reasons, "If we do not value free will and freedom of religion, then where do we stand?"

Loscar says, "Drakes never leave their town, or their brethren."

(OOC) Bernadette's player whispers to the group, "Think he got booted?"

Cryheart says, "If ye had chosen to attack Stone..that is another matter."

(OOC) Thrassus's player whispers to the group, "I am very sure that was not intentional."

(OOC) Leafiara's player whispers to the group, "He's Arizona, let's give him a bit."

(OOC) Pukk's player whispers to the group, "See what Chamorr went and done! He scared off Kenstrom!"

Speaking softly to Cruxophim, Kyal says, "On peoples necks, obviously."

Chamorr heartily says, "Every damn chance Stone has to build hisself up on the blood of others and you all stand here cheerin."

(OOC) Evia's player whispers to the group, "Of crouse."

(OOC) Cryheart's player whispers to the group, "Aye."

(OOC) Lylia's player whispers to the group, "He's not on the East Coast, but yeah, I'm pretty sure that was an accidental leavetaking."

Faerinn says, "We might as well be part of the Empire without free will and free religion."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Guarrin says, "While I agree, I have to wonder why he even needs them."

Speaking to Chamorr, Hapenlok says, "Oh, that revenge killing will have to wait."

Speaking softly to Loscar, Chandrellia says, "Not when their Brethren have willingly stayed, these people are willingly going to the forest there is a diofference."

Kiyna exclaims, "Chamorr is right. Where is your spine? Stone is clearly malevolent!"

(OOC) Vaemyr's player whispers to the group, "But we win! we've poofed stone and Malluch, gone forever!"

Speaking to Chamorr, Hapenlok says, "You should thank me, though."

Cryheart says, "Then attack Stone."

Lylia says, "Cheering? No, I have never cheered at religious observances, but in what way is this different from any other show of faith? He has asked more but given more than most of the Arkati do when called upon for favor."

Loscar says, "We had one of those last week I don't want to get murdered again."

Speaking heartily to Hapenlok, Chamorr says, "Nahh, we good, ya kept Stone from whackin me."

Cryheart says, "Nae those who are victims."

Kothos says, "...I've been known to make a few rapturous noises."

Speaking heartily to Cryheart, Chamorr says, "They is victims now huh."

Speaking to Chamorr, Thrassus says, "You might wish to consider just running amok in town then, since each and every person is a potential Stone follower."

Lylia says, "And with due respect to the gods, they are not always as...present as this brash young self-styled god is."

Speaking to Lylia, Lazaryth says, "It's quite true."

Hapenlok says, "They're as good as dead in there. and you know it."

(OOC) Vaemyr's player whispers to the group, "Kenstrom messaged on discord, his internet crashed, he'll be back."

Speaking wryly to Kothos, Cruxophim guesses, "A Second, and perhaps even sometimes a Third or Fourth Coming."

(OOC) Leafiara's player whispers to the group, "Thanks."

Mekimin agrees, "Respect the hustle."

(OOC) Evia's player whispers to the group, "Oh good thanks."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Kothos says, "We take them all."

Lylia whispers something to Cruxophim.

Hapenlok says, "Better at my hands, and those arrows, then fueling Stone's goals."

Cryheart says, "Someone said about having spine...true spine would hae been attacking Stone."

Speaking heartily to Thrassus, Chamorr says, "You stood by and watched them all get sacrificed."

Taulramil whispers to the group, "Yeah thanks I was so like wow that was so anti climatic I need another old fashn'd."

Kiyna asks, "Why not attack Stone?"

Leafiara acknowledges, "Stone seems a bit untouchable at this point, though."

Speaking interestedly to Chamorr, Cruxophim inquires, "Yes, why not attack the source directly?"

Kiyna says, "I can't do it myself, but surely we can come up with something."

Speaking to Chamorr, Thrassus says, "They seemed quite alive for being sacrificed."

Chamorr heartily says, "He has his god powers on or i woulda."

Taulramil says, "Rid his source of power."

Loscar says, "So to recap, we let him go, he got away, started talking a huge block and then they got smacked a bunch."

Cryheart asks, "So we choose to attack the lesser?"

Faerinn says, "The thing is we really don't know."

Speaking to Cryheart, Guarrin asks, "And cause even more damage?"

Faerinn says, "The only dead I'm completely sure of are those we did."

Loscar asks, "Can we please rebuild a little before we run off attacking?"

Grishom twists his head slightly, cracking his neck. He looks relieved.

Loscar says, "I have this dark feeling the circles are going to come back to haunt us."

Iskandr says, "I hate these cult leaders and worry about where this all goes. But if he's just cutting willing people tonight to let them run off in the forest, let's just go to the tavern."

Speaking to Faerinn, Hapenlok says, "Right now, they're likely going to be placed in coocoons, disgusting blood cocoons."

Speaking to Faerinn, Hapenlok says, "And bled dry."

Speaking to Iskandr, Lylia says, "Tempting. Very tempting."

Speaking to Iskandr, Lazaryth says, "You're a practical fellow, aren't you."

Taulramil says, "The good kind that help em not kill me."

Madmountan says, "Oooooh, Blooderflies."

Taulramil says, "Me."

Malluch just arrived.

Loscar says, "We need to remove the circles."

Grishom gazes with interest at a gnarled black forest.

Speaking to Loscar, Leafiara assures, "We'll get to it, we'll get to it. All the people who drew them are leaving now, so no reason to keep them around."

Grishom says, "They have given life and they shall gain it."

Cruxophim offers Grishom a goat-horned humanoid skull.

Speaking to Malluch, Kothos says, "Just remember something. They came to the Landing with hope. To see you."

Grishom says, "There is no greater sacrifice."

Iskandr says, "This is just a weird religion so far with great temple guards."

Speaking to Grishom, Pukk asks, "So, you came back for more eh?"

Chandrellia recites softly:

"Let me ask everyone of you here"


Malluch's Move

Malluch says, "The Brotherhood took from you M'Lord."

Lazaryth mutters, "This man has the worst patter of any preacher I've ever heard."

Speaking heartily to Grishom, Chamorr says, "As an undead minion of yers."

Guarrin says, "Perhaps we should focus upon what drove these people to such desperate measures."

Cryheart says, "Sounds like sacrilege to the Arkati."

Roblar deeply says, "Da lands are fullof weird religion."

Grishom says, "Then do as you wish."

Grishom nods at Malluch.

Speaking to Guarrin, Alisaire says, "But that's far too reasonable."

Speaking to Guarrin, Lylia says, "I have some thoughts on that."

Malluch says, "I.."

Malluch asks, "I am not going home?"

Grishom says, "No."

Chandrellia recites softly:

"When Vlashandra pulled her pranks, and we volunteered ourselves, not a single one of you attacked us, why because we made a choice"

Speaking amusedly to Malluch, Leafiara says, "Oh, what a shock."

Speaking to Malluch, Vaemyr says, "We told you so."

Speaking to Roblar, Iskandr says, "Indeed."

Speaking to Malluch, Ceilia asks, "Surprised?"

Chandrellia recites softly:

"These people are no different then us"

Grishom says, "Your work is not yet done Malluch."

Speaking to Grishom, Lylia says, "He does still owe us the better part of three decades."

Speaking to Lylia, Guarrin says, "As do I. We should discuss it at some point."

Speaking to Guarrin, Kothos says, "You are speaking wisdom, friend Guarrin."

Speaking to Malluch, Hapenlok asks, "How's it feel to be cast aside, Malluch?"

Balley softly says, "I told you! Malluch you were a fool to think Grishom would need you."

Roblar deeply exclaims, "Dis jus da first harvest, get to it!"

Roblar just nudged Malluch.

Speaking to Goblyn, Pukk says, "Aha, welcome back to you too."

Faerinn says, "The only ones we know are dead for sure are the ones we killed."

Speaking to Kothos, Guarrin says, "Perhaps one day we will make some progress."

Speaking to Malluch, Lylia says, "Faith is often a test. It seems you are to face another. Jastev tested you too, surely, when you served a different god."

Chamorr heartily says, "Throw his arse back in prison."

Speaking to Goblyn, Pukk exclaims, "Did you know Cruxy was calling for peace and non-violence!"

Speaking to Faerinn, Vaemyr asks, "You gonna go in that forest and see what happened to the rest?"

Faerinn says, "After you, coward."

Grishom says, "A scythe is not discarded at the end of the first harvest. A tool is useful for each season."

Speaking quietly to Malluch, Kothos says, "I do not envy you."

Speaking confusedly to Pukk, Goblyn asks, "Why will he do this?"

Speaking to Malluch, Lazaryth says, "Did you hear that? You're a tool."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Pukk says, "You're in trouble now."

Speaking simply to Malluch, Leafiara says, "Sad."

In the distance, shadows stir in the Lower Dragonsclaw forest.

Speaking to Grishom, Hapenlok says, "One day, you'll see your last Season, Grishom."

Speaking softly to Malluch, Kothos says, "Your choices will stretch out before you."

Speaking teasingly to Kothos, Cruxophim teases, "Well, that's rather rude."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Pukk says, "Turns out he is a peace loving good person."

Speaking to Goblyn, Pukk says, "Turns out he is a peace loving good person."

Speaking deeply to Grishom, Roelon says, "Yir tool is dull and rusted now."

Balley softly says, "You never get anything for free.. There is always a price."

Speaking to Malluch, Vaemyr says, "You will never see 'Home.' Your work will never be done."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Kothos says, "I'll show you sometime if you're truly that curious."

Speaking to Goblyn, Pukk says, "Cruxy was trying to block me from telling you."

Grishom says, "The Blood Guard will extract a life for a life. Stay out of their way."

Speaking raspily to Kothos, Cruxophim whispers aloud, "It's cute that you believe your flesh holds secrets from me."

Roblar simply says, "No."

Goblyn whispers something to Pukk.

Speaking to Grishom, Leafiara says, "Nah... that's not our style."

Grishom says, "Malluch, go forth, continue your work. Prepare for the next harvest. Do not fail me, for each must be greater than the last."

Roblar deeply says, "Dey will pay."

Speaking heartily to Grishom, Chamorr says, "As usual dictating terms."

Pukk whispers something to Goblyn.

Cryheart says, "Malluch, you have become the servant."

Iskandr says, "Though when he calls the religions a harvest.....warning bells...."

Grishom steps back into the shadows of the Deadfall and the blood sun above the forest lowers, like an orb of red dipping beneath the horizon.

Vaemyr says, "Well we'll just see how many bloodguards it takes till you meet your quota."

Loscar asks, "Arianiss is evil?"

Taulramil says, "Hmm."

Speaking to Malluch, Kothos asks, "Are you all right, Master Burdos?"

(Hapenlok hurls a ball of fire at the departing form of Grishom Stone.)

Speaking nonchalantly to Malluch, Leafiara says, "It'll never end, you know."

Speaking curiously to Cryheart, Goblyn asks, "Malluch was always the servant, yes?"

Roblar deeply says, "He defiled da galestone."

Goblyn yells, "You will have a nice night, Grishom!"

Speaking to Goblyn, Lylia says, "He served one, and then another. His knees are made to bend."

Cruxophim politely offers, "Good night."

Taulramil says, "Grishom is such a coward."

Speaking to Goblyn, Pukk asks, "You leaving us?"

The ball of fire from Hapenlok's hand spins towards the forest then suddenly stops.

Speaking softly to Malluch, Kothos asks, "You have another task to think on, don't you?"

Speaking softly to Malluch, Balley says, "Sorry you were played yet again. Once a fool, always a fool."

The flames of the fire ball twist and shift in reverse, soaring back to their creator!

Hapenlok suddenly bursts into flames!

Hapenlok suddenly bursts into flames!

Hapenlok suddenly bursts into flames!

Hapenlok suddenly bursts into flames!

Hapenlok suddenly bursts into flames!

Hapenlok suddenly bursts into flames!

Hapenlok suddenly bursts into flames!

Hapenlok suddenly bursts into flames!

Hapenlok suddenly bursts into flames!

Hapenlok says, "No, no, no." [people trying to put him out]

Hapenlok suddenly bursts into flames!

Hapenlok says, "Let it go."

The flames surrounding Hapenlok flare up and sear his skin!

... 20 points of damage!

Nasty burns to abdomen, Hapenlok shrieks in pain!

He is stunned!

Cryheart says, "Drop and roll."

The flames surrounding Hapenlok flare up and sear his skin!

... 15 points of damage!

Burst of flames char chest a crispy black.

He is stunned!

The flames surrounding Hapenlok flare up and sear his skin!

... 20 points of damage!

Nasty burns to left arm. Gonna need lots of butter.

The flames surrounding Hapenlok flare up and sear his skin!

... 15 points of damage!

Burst of flames to left arm toasts skin to elbows.

Cryheart says, "Drop and roll."

The flames surrounding Hapenlok flare up and sear his skin!

... 15 points of damage!

Burst of flames to back fries shoulder blades. Youch!

He is stunned!

The flames surrounding Hapenlok flare up and sear his skin!

... 10 points of damage!

Burst of flames to right hand burns fingers bright red.

Speaking to Hapenlok, Pukk exclaims, "This Halfling's on fire!"

The flames surrounding Hapenlok flare up and sear his skin!

... 15 points of damage!

Burst of flames char forehead a crispy black.

He is stunned!

The flames surrounding Hapenlok flare up and sear his skin!

... 20 points of damage!

Nasty burns to left hand. Gonna need lots of butter.

Hapenlok drops dead at your feet!

Speaking dubiously to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "Well, if you say so."

Cryheart says, "Too late."

Berkana says, "Yes, yes, yes."

Lazaryth says, "Pity."

Roelon deeply says, "Ah bloody kilts..."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Thrassus says, "You had to have expected this."

Mekimin asks, "What's the phrase?"

Malluch gestures and a shaft of scintillating light jumps out of the sky and engulfs him. When the light recedes Malluch is no longer there.

Raelee whispers something to Alisaire.

Roelon deeply says, "The smell of roasted Hapenlok...."

Speaking heartily to Hapenlok, Chamorr says, "Nice try."

Speaking to Thrassus, the ghostly voice of Hapenlok says, "The forms had to be obeyed, though."

Lazaryth says, "Nice trick."

Leafiara asks, "...where did he just go?"

Balley softly says, "What a waste."

Malluch squints.

Speaking to Lazaryth, Kothos says, "One I sadly have not yet learned."

Cryheart says, "Get em up."

Speaking softly to Malluch, Chandrellia exclaims, "Listen to me!"

Speaking to Hapenlok, Pukk says, "I knew you were hot-headed."

Balley softly says, "He went up in a puff of smoke."

Malluch says, "I...I will continue his work."

Mekimin recalls, "Hoisted by own's own petard."

Loscar says, "Probably to try to reclaim his deeds."

>targ malluch

You can't target Malluch.

Speaking to Goblyn, the ghostly voice of Hapenlok says, "You're up."

Malluch glances at Leafiara.

Balley softly says, "Lights, smoke, and mirrors, Malluch's best tricks."

Speaking to Kothos, Lazaryth says, "Ah, but you're smart."

Speaking to Malluch, Kothos asks, "Do you need a place to stay?"

Speaking softly to Malluch, Chandrellia exclaims, "Look!"

Speaking deeply to Malluch, Roelon says, "Open yir eyes for once."

Chandrellia shows Malluch her Jastev medallion.

Speaking to Malluch, Iskandr says, "You should really stop trying to be something all the time."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Pukk says, "Only you can prevent forest fires."

Malluch says, "I will return. I am, after all, pardoned."

Chandrellia offers Malluch a Jastev medallion.

Speaking to Hapenlok, Goblyn says, "I am... on this ground, Hapenlok, not on this 'up'..."

Speaking to Malluch, Leafiara asks, "Going to actually run for the town council then?"

Speaking softly to Malluch, Chandrellia says, "Take this and rememnber."

Speaking to Goblyn, the ghostly voice of Hapenlok says, "It's your turn to raise."

Balley softly says, "Like you will ever fit in again."

Speaking warmly to Goblyn, Cruxophim explains, "I believe he is asking to be reconstituted."

Speaking to Goblyn, the ghostly voice of Hapenlok says, "It's fun."

Speaking heartily to Malluch, Chamorr says, "Get out of my sight."

Speaking to Malluch, Kothos says, "You will be hunted."

Speaking deeply to Pukk, Roblar says, "We may want, dis one to burn."

A skinny white wolf exclaims, "Halp!"

Balley softly says, "Your fate was sealed long ago."

Speaking to Goblyn, the ghostly voice of Hapenlok says, "I'm kidding, of course. Unless you really really want to."

Speaking to Roblar, Pukk says, "But it was so funny my way."

Malluch says, "I would do as the Master says. Stand down from the Blood Guard. They will take what they had taken."

Speaking to a skinny white wolf, Vaemyr asks, "What's wrong?"

Speaking softly to Malluch, Chandrellia says, "Take this Medallion, Malluch, and remeber."

Speaking slowly to Cruxophim, Goblyn asks, "Maybe he will ask in a more... better way, yes?"

Speaking amusedly to Malluch, Leafiara says, "Better watch your back for arrows from the shadows."

Malluch says, "Eight Rooks."

Taulramil says, "Still not yourself."

Speaking to Malluch, Thrassus says, "Take the rest of them too, please."

A skinny white wolf exclaims, "I am confused by all the noise!"

Speaking softly to Malluch, Chandrellia says, "I plead with you if there is anything left."

Pukk says, "So a bunch of pawns took some rooks. That's not a good trade at all."

Malluch walks off into the night, taking the red mask that hangs at his side and places it back upon his face as he fades into the depths of the Trollfang.

Balley softly says, "He is such a joke."

Leafiara musingly says, "Well, I'm sure that'll go well for him."

A skinny white wolf says, "I can't find my way home."

Mekimin sadly says, "Poor fella. Played for a fool."

Cryheart says, "Someone rezz him afore the worms begin their work."


Bloody Confrontation

A guard shouts from the North Gate towers, "Incoming!"

Faerinn says, "We do keep proving all his points though."

Mekimin exclaims, "Oop!"

Asben says, "Oh boy."

Roelon deeply says, "The coward and the fool."

Vaemyr says, "North gate."

Taulramil says, "Towers."

Taulramil says, "North gate."

Evia says, "Man."

Leafiara relievedly says, "Oh, good, I was worried this would remain a boring night."

Roelon deeply says, "Ah bloody 'ell."

A skinny white wolf asks, "Halp a wolf fid home?"

Balley softly says, "So many thought he was a messenger."

Leafiara mischievously says, "Let's move."

Speaking to Roelon, Mekimin exclaims, "Duty calls!"

Pukk says, "North gate."

Cryheart says, "Moving."

[travel]

Chamorr heartily asks, "Ya lettin them have the rooks?"

Faerinn says, "If its the Bloodguard they can have the Rooks..."

Hapenlok asks, "Well? Considering that they're probably going to be gunning for me?"

Hapenlok says, "I'm going to stay out here."

[Wehnimer's, Outside Gate]

Citizens, merchants and assorted dregs of society jostle against you before the great wooden gates of Wehnimer's Landing. Harried guards and militiamen try to keep the chaos to a minimum, but it is hard to keep track of those entering, let alone leaving, this large trading post. A dirt path encircling the wooden palisade of the town leads east and southwest. Nailed prominently to the wooden wall beside the gate is a sign you really should read. You also see a sinuous bone white serpent, a grey-armored bloodguard, a grey-armored bloodguard, a grey-armored bloodguard, a great white wolf and the Wayside inn.

A skinny white wolf asks, "Help?"

Cryheart says, "Stay out."

Speaking to Roblar, Pukk says, "Okay, you're up."

Iskandr says, "Oh...."

Mekimin says, "Easy now, fellas."

Draught says, "Well met."

Vaemyr says, "Back off."

Cryheart says, "Ye are nae welcome in town."

Speaking to a grey-armored bloodguard, Guarrin says, "That's far enough."

Pukk asks, "Where is Madmountan when we need him?"

Speaking to Chamorr, Hapenlok says, "So are mine, big fella."

Leafiara says, "Oh, yes, that'll work..."

Speaking proudly to Cruxophim, Goblyn exclaims, "You do very nice with this, Cruxophim!"

A grey-armored bloodguard swings a huge metal sword at Guarrin!

AS: +500 vs DS: +448 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +21 = +92

A clean miss.

A grey-armored bloodguard swings a huge metal sword at Xayd!

AS: +500 vs DS: +521 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +40 = +53

A clean miss.

[combat]

Speaking to Chamorr, Hapenlok says, "I'm doing me before I even think about anyone else."

[combat]

Speaking heartily to Hapenlok, Chamorr says, "Acourse."

[combat]

A skinny white wolf says, "I's go poo on things now."

Hapenlok says, "Those bloodguards, though."

[combat]

Hapenlok says, "They seemed to have developed an immunity to my attacks."

[combat]

Hapenlok asks, "What about you guys?"

[combat]

Fahlo says, "North gate it looks."

[combat]

Cruxophim amicably states, "Well, time to get to work."

[combat]

Speaking to Cruxophim, Fahlo says, "Better than ever."

[combat]

Speaking warmly to Goblyn, Cruxophim inquires, "What about you, dear? Where to?"

[combat]

Hapenlok says, "Guess I'll man the ballista."

[combat]

Hapenlok says, "Can't seem to do much otherwise."

[combat]

A skinny white wolf says, "Off I walk then."

[extended combat]

Speaking dreamily to Cruxophim, Goblyn asks, "Maybe wherever there will be pretty things, yes?"

[combat]

Draught says, "Oof."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Goblyn says, "Or maybe also snacks."

Hapenlok says, "I've got Cruxophim's superbread."

[combat]

[General] Thrassus thinks, "They did warn folk."

[extended combat]

[General] Leafiara admits, "I prefer it this way anyway."

[very extended combat]

[General] Mekimin thinks, "Firing ballista."

[combat]

Vaemyr says, "Some are in town."

Leafiara says, "One each to the north and southwest."

Sir Cryheart's group just went north.

[A Quiet Path]

A stray breeze trails through from the north, carrying with it the scent of lavender and, oddly, grilled rolton. Though many might ponder this strange combination of fragrances, the truly remarkable aspect of this quiet path lies in the regal beauty of the ancient trees whose branches reach out overhead, offering welcome to all who pass. You also see a grey-armored bloodguard, a grey-armored bloodguard, a roped-off clearing, a grey stone walkway and obvious signs of someone hiding.

[combat]

Asben says, "Damn it."

[combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Sorry folks, I'm not much aid in this fight."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Chandrellia softly exclaims, "Oh sure kill the nedic!"

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Iskandr says, "Well, those got me."

[combat]

Dark hooded figures rush along rooftops of town, firing black arrows down on the grey-armored bloodguards in the streets.

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Chandrellia softly asks, "I thought there were laws against killing the healers?"

[combat]

Speaking to Iskandr, Lylia asks, "Would you like me to take you to town?"

[combat]

Guarrin says, "Need to move."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara remarks, "Hendorans and Bourthians, if you were actually going to aid, now might be the time."

[combat]

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia coldly says something you don't understand.

Cryheart says, "Moving."

Sir Cryheart's group just went north.

[Hearthstone, Courtyard]

Before you stands a grand old manor, framed by huge willows to the east and west. The elegant trees sway gently in the moonlight, dappling the cobblestone courtyard with ever-shifting patterns of light and dark. Snippets of conversation drift away from the long porch stretching along the full width of the great old house, as several guests enjoy the hospitality and ambience of this fine hideaway. You also see a grey-armored bloodguard, the porch steps, a hollow tree stump and obvious signs of someone hiding.

[combat]

Some grey-armored bloodguards march up through the forest towards town. They are suddenly drawn to the sound of warhorns as a host of Hendoran and Bourthian soldiers rush out of the imperial outpost, weapons high as they clash with the golems.

[combat]

Leafiara notes, "There they are.."

Vaemyr says, "Sounds like reinforcements."

[combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Well, fancy that."

[combat]

[General] The ghost of Iskandr thinks, "I'm stuck in the temple."

[combat]

Cryheart asks, "All ok?"

The voice of Asben says, "Aye."

[General] Cruxophim exclaims, "Lies!"

A bloodguard can be seen marching out through the gates of town, dragging the corpse of a dark hooded figure whose grey-beaked mask is smashed into his face.

Vaemyr says, "Yeah ok for now."

Loscar asks, "So...are we ok?"

Loscar says, "Cause I did not do a lot there."

Cryheart asks, "Ready?"

Xayd says, "Sucked my magics right up."

Guarrin says, "Fine just fine."

Guarrin says, "Onward."

[Wehnimer's, Land's End Rd.]

Vigilant night guardsmen scrutinize the citizens and travelers arriving and departing through the wide gates spanning the land route into Wehnimer's Landing. The cluttered streets of the city to the south are a far cry from the deceptively calm expanse of the wilds of Elanith outside. Two daunting towers survey the countryside and protect the town, flanking the road to the east and west. You also see a huge metal sword, a huge metal sword, a huge metal sword, a huge metal sword, a huge metal sword, a sinuous bone white serpent, a sturdy steel coffer, a corroded mithril coffer, a huge metal sword, a grey-armored bloodguard that is lying down, a grey-armored bloodguard, a grey-armored bloodguard, a grey-armored bloodguard that is lying down, a grey-armored bloodguard, a grey-armored bloodguard that is lying down, a grey-armored bloodguard that is lying down, the words "Save Us" smeared in blood along the side of a building, the town gates, a large wooden barrel, a sturdy wooden table and obvious signs of someone hiding.

[very extended combat]

A bloodguard, riddled with arrows protruding from its back, stomps out of town carrying the bloodied upper body of a dark hooded figure torn in half.

[combat]

Roelon deeply says, "The Rooks..."

[combat]

Loscar says, "Uh...uh..."

[combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Well, I'm trying to fire a ballista all by myself up on the west tower."

[combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Since I'm not exactly able to throw my spells at them, directly."

Leafiara says, "That can't be all of them."

Cryheart says, "Ok..let's check the town."

A grey-armored bloodguard ambles in.

[combat]

Vaemyr says, "It's not."

[extended combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "It's an interesting time I live in, though."

Three more bloodguards march out of town, some of the guards and militia not even firing down on them, as the armored golems carry off the bloodied, broken and battered bodies of three Rooks.

[combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "I go from killing Rooks to actually agreeing with them? And actually trying to defend them."

[combat]

[General] The ghost of Chandrellia asks, "Why aren't the guards and militia killing the bloodguards?"

[General] Leafiara thinks, "We've lost them, obviously."

[combat]

Vaemyr says, "Wish they weren't immune to all my magic."

[General] Hapenlok asks, "Maylan wasn't here to sound the alarm?"

High above Wehnimer's Landing a burst of fiery-orange light erupts in the sky, radiating outward and shining with intensity. The searing glow lingers in the air for a few moments before fading away. Suddenly militiamen take to the streets, rushing off in different directions as orders are shouted out amongst them.

Cryheart says, "Bah..lost the body."

Draught asks, "Is Guarrin down?"

Cryheart says, "Wait here he is."

[General] Faerinn asks, "That's six so far right?" [I think five]

[General] The ghost of Chandrellia thinks, "No Hap they are just watching the bloodguards carry dead Rooks out of town."

Draught says, "Oh."

Alisaire says, "That's a great many dead outside the furrier."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "I was being facetious."

[General] The ghost of Loscar thinks, "First of all...as a member of the militia who advocates for peace with my dragon doll I was here earlier and...now I'm on the ground."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Probably the same ones who let Malluch out."

Cryheart asks, "All ok?"

Roelon deeply says, "And where is Rone in all this."

[General] Lylia thinks, "They have watched the Rooks use children as shields. They have seen them slaughter guards on the very town walls, hanging them in front of the citizenry. The Rooks have not endeared themselves to most of us, Mayor."

A dark hooded figure limps down a street and quickly tosses his hood and mask to the side, trying to sneak into a building just as a bloodguard barrels around the corner and snatches the man by the throat, crushing his neck instantly and throwing him over his shoulder and stomping out of town.

[General] Kyal thinks, "They got cool masks though."

Speaking to Goblyn, Alvyara asks, "Where are you going?"

Alisaire says, "Oh. There we are. Six."

[General] Faerinn thinks, "Seven."

The ghostly voice of Bernadette softly says, "I ded weits."

[General] Faerinn thinks, "One more."

The ghostly voice of Loscar says, "I...I fell over too."

Speaking slowly to Alvyara, Goblyn asks, "Someone did maybe drag her away from me, yes?"

Cryheart whispers to the group, "We lost a lot of folks."

Speaking to Alvyara, Goblyn says, "But now she is here, so maybe that is okay."

Speaking to Goblyn, Alvyara says, "It seems like maybe she belongs here."

Speaking to Kippe, Alisaire says, "It shouldn't be much longer now."

[General] Cryheart asks, "Any bodies out there?"

Vaemyr whispers to the group, "Yeah lotta people died in the mess."

Speaking to Alvyara, Goblyn says, "I do think maybe if she were not dragged away, she will be... standing now."

Speaking to Alisaire, Thrassus says, "You know, this town needs a shrine to V'Tull. It'd fit right in."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "No, it's beyond that. It's one thing not to care about the killing of the Rooks, but another to let these guards march through town and kill everyone else."

Speaking to Berkana, Fahlo says, "Thank you."

[General] Lylia thinks, "Choice, it seems, is the theme of the evening. Some chose to follow one whose herald proclaims him a new god. Others have chosen not to fight on behalf of those who have killed their own in the past. We all make choices."

Some bloodguards amble through town, seeming to all begin to converge on one location as some town guards shout, "They only have one more Rook to snatch!"

Vaemyr whispers to the group, "I couldn't help much, they were immune to every spell I tried."

Speaking to Thrassus, Alisaire says, "Chamorr could help construct it."

Leafiara says, "They're moving to a central location."

[General] Lylia thinks, "I did not fight the Bloodguard; they did not fight me. This was also by choice."

Roelon deeply says, "The guards, the Militia...useless..."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Kahan says, "Thank you."

Cryheart says, "But where."

The ghostly voice of Loscar exclaims, "Pick me up I'll use my dragon!"

Leafiara admits, "I don't know. I'll move."

Suddenly, a handful of bloodguards converge on Town Square Central and grab Mayor Leafiara, slamming her to the ground before dragging her off out of town.

[General] Thrassus thinks, "They were only after eight Rooks in payment for the eight followers that were slain."

You feel yourself being pulled away...

[Lower Dragonsclaw, Forest]

The evidence of a lightning strike is more pronounced here, and even massive trees have been felled and charred. One impressive ruin is the huge trunk of a fallen modwir, which lies upon the ground. Just barely the height of a man, a hole in the trunk shows it to be hollow.

[General] Alisaire thinks, "They didn't even knock my teacup from my hand as I stood amid the fight by the north gate. Quite considerate of them."

An ember-eyed fire wyrdling dashes in.

[General] Chandrellia exclaims, "They got the Mayor!"

[General] Hapenlok exclaims, "Leafi's been taken!"

[General] The ghost of Guarrin thinks, "And the mayor."

A holy aura of gentle white light burns into existence. The aura ebbs away, revealing Arianiss in its place.

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Cruxophim.

[General] The ghost of Loscar thinks, "THEY TOOK HER."

Arianiss grabs Leafiara's hand.

Arianiss reaches out and holds Cruxophim's hand.

Wisps of crimson light materialize in Arianiss's palms, slowly floating into the air and disappearing as he chants a phrase...

Arianiss gestures.

Prismatic light trickles across your vision for a brief moment as your world shifts and blurs...

[Crown of the Redwood]

Six ropy tree limbs spread out from the center of a redwood tree to create a bowl that is several dozen feet wide and deep. Smooth bark, warm and dry from the sun, bears the intricately carved patterns of tiny birds, rodents, and felines, while a thick blanket of soft, feathery golden moss settles on the ground. High above, the sunlight trickles through broad leaves which dance under an unseen zephyr. The light scent of apple blossoms fills the air.

Also here: Arianiss, Cruxophim

Leafiara slowly says, "Oh, this'll work well, I'm sure."

Cruxophim thoughtfully notes, "Odd tactic."

[General] Alisaire thinks, "Well. They only wanted Rooks."

[General] Chandrellia exclaims, "Leafi can you hear us!"

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Yes..."

[General] Thrassus thinks, "True."

[General] Cruxophim thinks, "She is safe, worry not."

[General] Arianiss thinks, "I have Leafiara. Please give me 10 million silver and I'll return her...."

Cruxophim hesitantly ventures, "I could try and dispel the holding."

[General] Hapenlok asks, "Perhaps, Cruxophim, you have some different idea of the word safe, than I do?"

Leafiara slowly says, "Maybe."

[General] Cruxophim thinks, "Doubtless."

(OOC) Cruxophim's player whispers to the group, "Oh derp, sanct."

[General] The ghost of Loscar thinks, "I feel violated."

(OOC) Arianiss's player whispers to the group, "Shall I drop it?"

(OOC) Cruxophim's player whispers to the group, "Wait, can't you evoke that now or something? I forget."

(OOC) Arianiss's player whispers to the group, "Channel."

[General] Chamorr thinks, "Where is she."

(OOC) Arianiss's player whispers to the group, "..and that one should work in a sanctuary."

Leafiara slowly says, "Try channeling it."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "The one place where we can't go."

[General] Fahlo thinks, "Figures in the deadfall."

[General] Cryheart thinks, "They grabbed and dragged her out of town was what we saw."

One by one, the bloodguards stop in their tracks, turn and stomp out of town, even as arrows still sink into their bodies. They march off and disappear into the cover of the forest.


Discussion Afterward

[General] Evia thinks, "Well."

[General] Pukk asks, "Where is Leafi?"

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Arianiss has me for now."

[General] Arianiss thinks, "Crux has her too."

[General] Pukk asks, "Arianiss is in cahoots with Stone?"

Cruxophim gently inquires, "Shall we try and get you back to town? I think it's likely safe... ish?"

[General] Leafiara thinks, "No, he made a very swift rescue."

[General] Arianiss thinks, "No, I'm in cahoots with Cruxophim. Not sure who they're in cahoots with."

Leafiara tentatively says, "I believe so."

Leafiara agrees, "Let's give it a try."

[General] Cruxophim thinks, "We're in cahoots with each other, here."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Arianiss asks, "Ready?"

Speaking to Ceilia, Fahlo asks, "You staying out here?"

Wisps of crimson light materialize in Arianiss's palms, slowly floating into the air and disappearing as he chants a phrase...

Arianiss gestures.

An uncanny distortion ripples through your being, tearing you from reality itself as the world itself transforms...

[Wehnimer's, Land's End Rd.]

Vigilant night guardsmen scrutinize the citizens and travelers arriving and departing through the wide gates spanning the land route into Wehnimer's Landing. The cluttered streets of the city to the south are a far cry from the deceptively calm expanse of the wilds of Elanith outside. Two daunting towers survey the countryside and protect the town, flanking the road to the east and west. You also see the words "Save Us" smeared in blood along the side of a building, the town gates, a large wooden barrel and a sturdy wooden table.

Also here: Arianiss, Cruxophim

Ceilia says, "No, I won't be."

Leafiara slowly says, "Well."

[General] Kathralynn thinks, "You have to be in cahoots with someone..that's just a fact."

Speaking to Arianiss, Leafiara says, "That was some very quick thinking."

[General] Pukk thinks, "Once I figure all that out, I'm sure I will make fun of one of you... just don't know which one yet."

[General] Arianiss thinks, "She's at north gate now, inside it."

Cryheart says, "Went chasing ye."

Leafiara says, "He moved so quick they didn't have a chance to attack."

Speaking affably to Cryheart, Cruxophim muses, "Thank Arianiss."

Cryheart says, "I did."

Speaking deeply to Arianiss, Roelon says, "Nice quick thinkin'."

Arianiss says, "Oh, it's nothing..."

Leafiara says, "I swear, one of these days Malluch will learn a new tactic."

Speaking deeply to Arianiss, Roelon says, "Random for ah new hall up north. Ah mean, save the mayor here."

Speaking to Leafiara, Vaemyr says, "Glad you're safe."

[General] Cryheart thinks, "Leafiara is at Land's End."

Speaking to Vaemyr, Leafiara says, "You can thank Arianiss here."

Farseeker says, "All right bud I'll see if I can do anything in your absence. Not sure though."

Vaemyr says, "I thought I had you but I was too slow to grab you outside."

Farseeker says, "Ah, found her."

Speaking determinedly to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "If I'm going to go out, I'm going out standing up."

[General] The ghost of Xayd thinks, "I'm in cahoots with mah boots."

Farseeker says, "See that."

Chamorr heartily says, "Ok."

Speaking to Leafiara, Thrassus asks, "I suppose they consider you a Rook now?"


[General] The ghost of Loscar thinks, "It's ok mate I don't have boots."

Speaking amusedly to Thrassus, Leafiara says, "Yeah, I suppose his propaganda will continue."

Vaemyr says, "Gotta figure out a way to deal with those blood guard, their magic resistance keeps getting more."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Potentially."

Cruxophim amicably states, "Well, time to find my Lady Unfair."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "It's fine."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Hapenlok asks, "Oh, Crux?"

Cruxophim playfully muses, "Too soon?"

Speaking to Cruxophim, Hapenlok says, "Hold on a second."

Kyal softly says, "Uh oh."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Hapenlok says, "My token retaliatory strike."

Hapenlok's hands glow with power as he summons elemental energy to his command...

Hapenlok hurls a small surge of electricity at Cruxophim!

AS: +391 vs DS: +810 with AvD: +22 + d100 roll: +61 = -336

A clean miss.

Hapenlok says, "Okay, you can go now."

Alisaire mildly says, "I think I will continue my walk. Good evening."

Kyal softly says, "Savage."

Leafiara says, "A few weeks ago Malluch upgraded me to the Rook Queen."

Leafiara says, "I see he still has delusions."

Speaking gently to Hapenlok, Cruxophim offers, "You can do better than that."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Hapenlok says, "I know."

Speaking to Leafiara, Vaemyr says, "I wonder if Mother will make an appearance."

Alvyara asks, "Is the battle over?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Evia asks, "Did it come with a tiara at least?"

Speaking to Cruxophim, Hapenlok asks, "You don't really want me to do better, do i?"

Hapenlok intones a phrase of elemental power while raising his hands...

Speaking sadly to Evia, Leafiara says, "Nope."

Hapenlok gestures at Cruxophim.

The ground beneath Hapenlok rumbles, then erupts in a shower of rubble that coalesces in to a large, pudgy hand in mid-air.

CS: +520 - TD: +497 + CvA: +2 + d100: +98 == +123

Warding failed!

Cruxophim tries to avoid the stone hand, but it soon catches him with a loose grip that quickly tightens.

Hapenlok slowly moves his hand in a pushing motion, and the stone hand holding Cruxophim moves in response...

CS: +520 - TD: +477 + CvA: +2 + d100: +58 == +103

Warding failed!

The stone hand pushes Cruxophim violently, and he rolls helplessly to the ground.

Suddenly, the stone hand erupts into a myriad of stone fragments that hit the ground and crumble into invisible dust.

Speaking to Cruxophim, Hapenlok asks, "Better?"

Cruxophim steps forward and challenges Hapenlok to a duel to first blood for violating his honor!

Cruxophim grins at Hapenlok.

Hapenlok refuses Cruxophim's challenge.

Hapenlok says, "Nope. I've donated enough tonight."

Cruxophim hugs Hapenlok.

Hapenlok says, "Maybe later."

Speaking amusedly to Hapenlok, Cruxophim assures, "Next time."

Speaking to Evia, Leafiara says, "Well... for what it's worth, it's not like the escort was necessarily a bad idea just because this is how things turned out."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Hapenlok says, "You should have let me finish, though."

Speaking to herself, Alvyara says, "I suppose it is."

[General] Pukk thinks, "All this dying reminds me Leafi, I need to buy a bunch more chrisms from you."

Speaking amicably to Hapenlok, Cruxophim remarks, "In due time."

Kyal softly says, "Not a fan of first blood duels, my first blood is usually my last too."

Speaking encouragingly to Evia, Leafiara says, "The Gryphons tried to find the best solution, no one can argue otherwise."

Pukk recites:

"Everybody join Leafi the wonderful!"

(OOC) Hapenlok's player whispers to the group, "Didn't want to screw anyone over with 525. That would have probably been bad."

Speaking to Leafiara, Evia says, "People can only do their best."

Umbazi asks, "So what now?"

(OOC) Leafiara's player whispers to the group, "Heh."

Speaking to Umbazi, Leafiara says, "Well, now he probably continues spreading propaganda in town while avoiding arrows and bombs."

Umbazi asks, "Malluch or Stone?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "And me."

Speaking to Umbazi, Leafiara says, "Malluch."

Speaking to Umbazi, Pukk says, "Yes."

(OOC) Vaemyr's player whispers to the group, "I hope those hand pylons will work on these blood guards."

Umbazi says, "Ah. So he didn't get to go to paradise. That must have been a shock."

Leafiara says, "Place your bets on whether he'll make good on running for the town council."

(OOC) Vaemyr's player whispers to the group, "Immune to all magic isn't fair."

Speaking to Umbazi, Leafiara says, "And he's falling for it a second time. Hilarious."

(OOC) Hapenlok's player whispers to the group, "I don't think they're immune to all of it. Just most."

(OOC) Hapenlok's player whispers to the group, "I feel like they're reskinned vruuls."

Lazaryth just came through the town gates.

Speaking to Leafiara, Lazaryth asks, "What happened to you?"

Speaking curiously to Lazaryth, Leafiara asks, "Yes?"

Evia says, "It will go something like...the Rooks want to kill everyone that wants to be healed and live long or whatever that creedo was, join the Blood God, blah blah, be harvested."

Speaking to Lazaryth, Leafiara says, "Oh, nothing, thanks to Arianiss here."

(OOC) Vaemyr's player whispers to the group, "They were immune to 702 and implosion."

Kyal softly says, "I'd vote for him, lots of people talk about doing bad stuff, but he actually does it."

Lazaryth asks, "Nothing, hm?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Umbazi says, "Well, the alternative would be admitting that he was wrong to believe in Stone, and I imagine he'd rather believe any lie other than admit that."

(OOC) Vaemyr's player whispers to the group, "Which I can normally murder vruuls with."

Speaking to Lazaryth, Leafiara says, "Arianiss moved quickly and got me into a sanctuary."

Speaking to Leafiara, Lazaryth asks, "Who took you? The Bloodguards?"

Iskandr says, "Well, I guess that went about as expected."

Speaking to Lazaryth, Arianiss says, "It's because I'm always watching Leafiara, I saw her in trouble."

Speaking wryly to Arianiss, Lazaryth says, "I see."

Kyal softly says, "It's less creepy than it sounds."

Hapenlok asks, "Incidentally?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Pukk asks, "Can you tell us where the bloodguards touched you at?"

Speaking wryly to Kyal, Leafiara says, "It's not."

Speaking to Pukk, Leafiara admits, "I couldn't tell. They moved fast."

Lazaryth says, "Remind me not to introduce you to my sister."

Hapenlok says, "It's really hard to fire a ballista and spell yourself up."

Hapenlok says, "And fire out of an archery window."

Leafiara suspiciously asks, "Is it just me or was that way less bloody a night than it could have been?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Only because Cruxophim killed me."

Vaemyr says, "Oh, imagine we didn't release Malluch."

Roelon deeply says, "Far worse the other night."

Speaking to Leafiara, Iskandr says, "Kinda bloody normal."

Lazaryth says, "I'm off. I'm glad you're safe."

Speaking to Vaemyr, Leafiara says, "Well, yes, that would have gotten real ugly real quck."

Vaemyr says, "We'd've had to do that at least twice."

Umbazi says, "Well, I saw plenty of people bleeding to enter the Deadfall."

Hapenlok says, "I mean, Leafi, I plan on there being a reckoning on my account."

Speaking to Leafiara, Evia says, "Don't suppose we can banish him huh."

Iskandr says, "Well, glad you'll still be able to enjoy the Arena."

Hapenlok says, "I went too far for there not to be."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara asks, "Malluch and the bloodguards coming for you?"

Iskandr says, "I was worried you'd be stolen away for two weeks."

Hapenlok says, "Or our own side."

Speaking to Leafiara, Vaemyr says, "I think you succeeded in getting under Malluch's skin though, for him to target you as a 'Rook.'"

Speaking to Evia, Leafiara says, "Probably not, because he's carefully avoided all crimes since his time as Rone..."

Speaking to Vaemyr, Leafiara says, "I agree. He's gone insane."

Draught just arrived.

Draught says, "Ahh, you're safe."

Speaking to Leafiara, Evia exclaims, "He still has time!"

Speaking to Vaemyr, Leafiara says, "Maybe I should play it up and see if it drives him further mad."

(OOC) Pukk's player whispers, "I picture Hapenlok like Scrappy Doo, "Let me at em, let me at em! I'll splat em!"."

Speaking to Leafiara, Vaemyr says, "Oh you totally should."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "You know, there's nothing that couldn't say, that you're free to go, but you're in exile."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "There's no reason you couldn't. it's been done before."

Leafiara says, "He's maneuvered pretty carefully to only have the bloodguards do the work for him."

Hapenlok says, "Some of the Cross followers were pardoned and exiled, if I recall."

Hapenlok says, "I could be wrong, there."

Hapenlok says, "Probably wrong."

Leafiara says, "Though I will say... what boggles my mind is that he knows I just pardoned him for murderous vigilantism, but for some reason he's willing to stick around town where murderous vigilantes will come for him."

Iskandr asks, "Why were the bloodguards taking the bodies? More golems?"

Leafiara asks, "Doesn't he realize I can just pardon them too?"

Hapenlok says, "More blood for the maw in the Deadfall."

Hapenlok says, "If there's one thing that Grishom needs, it's blood."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Evia asks, "You mean..Malik, Mielle, Rinswynd, Mystiq, Rekarth, Rarr, Anyauma, Aeavenne, Kuthar, Darcthundar, Altheorn, Sohanna, Songar, Kestis, Thurbirea, Turinrond, Lehna, Drektor, Masrath, Rhayveign, Varucca, Qistra, Madmountan, Fealoke, Ridic?"

Speaking to Hapenlok, Iskandr exclaims, "Great!"

Speaking to Iskandr, Ceilia says, "Some sort of tax."

Speaking surprisedly to Evia, Leafiara marvels, "Geez, you knew that *right* off the top of your head."

Speaking to Evia, Hapenlok says, "Yeah, I seem to recall them getting banished for a period."

Fahlo says, "By the way- there were still some folks in masks down that way around the time you got nabbed, Leafi."

Fahlo adds, "By the Deadfall that is."

Speaking to Fahlo, Leafiara asks, "Malluch's followers, or Rooks?"

Speaking to Evia, Hapenlok says, "But it's been a while, so I could and probably am wrong."

Leafiara says, "Ahh, Malluch's."

Speaking to Leafiara, Fahlo says, "I thought Malluch's.."

Speaking to Leafiara, Vaemyr says, "I think he's beyond reason at this point, he's desprate for daddy's attention and I don't mean Murdos."

Kyal softly asks, "Who hasn't been banished?"

Speaking to Vaemyr, Leafiara says, "I agree."

Iskandr says, "Well, seems like a wonderful time for me to head home for a week or two."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "No, I'm going to have to explain to his father, that his son's never coming back."

Hapenlok says, "And why."

Leafiara says, "Well..."

Leafiara muses, "Like I said earlier, history will tell if I made right or wrong moves tonight."

Leafiara says, "For now, it seems... questionable at best."

Leafiara asks, "But when is that ever not the case around here?"

Speaking to Hapenlok, Iskandr says, "Sometime a father just has to let go and realize his kids are fools."

Hapenlok says, "Honestly, this was one of those moments in history, where every move you make is a wrong one."

Speaking to Leafiara, Fahlo says, "I thought it was all easy answers."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "Yeah, probably."

Evia says, "It seems I hear that a couple of the masked guys didn't get taken into the forest."

Speaking amusedly to Fahlo, Leafiara says, "Good, you run for mayor next year."

Speaking to Evia, Hapenlok says, "Because of Chamorr."

Speaking to Fahlo, Leafiara says, "Actually, I will say, though..."

Speaking to Evia, Hapenlok says, "Chamorr's bad breath."

Evia says, "No doubt."

Speaking to Fahlo, Leafiara admits, "It's funny, because whenever Lylia was faced with decisions, they seemed easy to me too."

Speaking to Leafiara, Fahlo says, "Don't know if it's a blessing or a curse."

Hapenlok says, "Well, I'm going to call it an evening at this point."

Speaking to Fahlo, Leafiara says, "And when Crux faced decisions, those seemed easy to me too."

Speaking to Fahlo, Leafiara says, "But this town has a way..."

Leafiara says, "The decisions the mayor faces will be the ones challenging specifically to that mayor."

Leafiara says, "Because of connections you've made."

Wolfloner darkly asks, "Were the Rooks that were captured recovered?"

Leafiara says, "And character you've shown, and people vying for what they know of you."

Hapenlok says, "Pup had a hell of a mess he inherited from Walkar's lifetime of bad decision making."

Speaking to Leafiara, Iskandr says, "I don't envy the choices you've had to make in all this. I can hardly even tell what's on what side unless it's made of flesh and someone else's blood."

Speaking to Wolfloner, Leafiara says, "Most of them looked very dead."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Ceilia says, "Don't take what hasn't been offered."

Leafiara says, "Why they didn't kill me, I'm not sure, unless Arianiss just moved that quickly."

Cruxophim amusedly admits, "I have no idea."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "The problem is, that we all knew that one day that one of us was going to have to lead this town when Grishom became relevant again."

Vaemyr says, "I don't think they wanted you dead."

Speaking amusedly to Cruxophim, Goblyn says, "I do think maybe she does not like you very much in this time."

Speaking to Vaemyr, Leafiara asks, "Then what?"

Draught says, "There are two masked followers in Trollfang yet."

Speaking softly to Cruxophim, Kyal says, "I offer all the time and you don't take."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Some of us made empty boasts of what we'd do."

Speaking to Vaemyr, Leafiara asks, "Just to make a show of framing me as a Rook?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Some of us ignored the question."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Willfully."

Speaking to Leafiara, Vaemyr says, "Malluch thinks he can convince you I bet, of his point of view."

Draught says, "Grey robed figures."

Draught says, "Milling about."

Speaking tentatively to Vaemyr, Leafiara asks, "What are you talking about?"

Speaking to Vaemyr, Leafiara says, "He can convince almost anyone but me."

Speaking hopefully to Cruxophim, Goblyn mouths, "... snacks?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "But it was inevitable, musch as crossing the Ebon Gate after the final death is."

Speaking to Vaemyr, Leafiara says, "As Rone I liked him a lot, but it's been two years and he still hasn't learned any new tricks."

Speaking to Leafiara, Fahlo asks, "Don't you want one of those masks though?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Vaemyr says, "Everyone here knows that... I'm not sure he realizes that."

Speaking to Draught, Goblyn asks, "They are doing this... wandering?"

Speaking to Vaemyr, Leafiara says, "He tried to frame Crux, tried to frame me... what a shock."

Draught says, "Just standing about."

Draught says, "But they are dangerous."

Speaking to Goblyn, Iskandr says, "Still have some heart pie in my cloak."

Hapenlok says, "And as inevitable as I punch all of the blood out of that rolton."

Speaking happily to Cruxophim, Goblyn exclaims, "Again!"

Speaking to Vaemyr, Leafiara says, "I have no idea what he has against chaotic mayors when it was a more lawful one who shot him down for the council."

Draught asks, "Shall we leave them there then?"

Speaking to Draught, Leafiara asks, "Who, the followers?"

Draught says, "They are armed in the forest."

Iskandr says, "Ah, heart pie and brown bag of random alcohol, thank you for making my soul feel better after death."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia says, "I was doing really well at keeping everyone healed till we moved."

Evia says, "Those ones didn't get raptured in."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Leafiara says, "You did great out there."

Leafiara says, "This was less extremely violent than I expected, but..."

Kiyna says, "I couldn't raise a hand against him. Grishom, I mean. I wanted to, but..."

Draught says, "It was still fairly violent..."

Speaking to Draught, Leafiara says, "Nah, this was nothing compared to a couple weeks ago... relatively speaking."

Draught says, "My head can attest to that."

(OOC) Hapenlok's player whispers to the group, "Hey, if any of you guys played D&D and read or watched Sherlock, Grishom Stone's a unholy mix of Vecna and Professor Moriarty."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia asks, "So let me guess we havent heard the last of Malluch and Grishom have we?"

(OOC) Hapenlok's player whispers to the group, "Seriously. I just put this all together."

Leafiara amiably suggests, "Maybe everyone can just take a load off and relax and massacre in the arena."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Leafiara says, "Definitely not."

(OOC) Vaemyr's player whispers to the group, ".... you're right."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia says, "So let's see."

Speaking to Cruxophim, Goblyn says, "Or maybe they did hide."

Kiyna says, "Why don't we set his forest ablaze? Hapenlok, can you make that happen? Just tossing ideas around."

Speaking to Kiyna, Leafiara says, "He tried it. The fire bounced back."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia asks, "Malluch and Grishom, Vlahsandra and Slim... does anyone see a patteren with couples here?"

Leafiara adds, "And immolated him."

Speaking to Leafiara, Iskandr says, "I've been called back east for a spell, something about a crazy nutter selling summoning items outside the gates of Ta'Vaalor. Can't say whether that's a relief or I'll miss you all."

Kiyna says, "Yeah, I suppose it did..."

Kyal softly says, "Everyone knows fire bounces."

Speaking to Kyal, Hapenlok says, "Not mine."

Speaking sagely to Iskandr, Leafiara says, "Well, have... fun with that, I suppoose."

Chandrellia softly says, "My question is with Malluch and Grishom which one wears the skirt."

Evia says, "Hmm, falling asleep right here, I best be off."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Hapenlok says, "I'm going to be controversial and say Grishom."

Speaking to Leafiara, Iskandr says, "I may visit the arena though, hope to see some of these folks fighting well during slightly less pressing matters."

Speaking softly to Hapenlok, Kyal says, "Gotta put the right spin on it."

Speaking to Iskandr, Leafiara says, "Got a lot of strength to gain in there."

Speaking to Leafiara, Vaemyr says, "Figuring out a way to actually destroy the blood guards might be a nice start, wonder if there's any corpses left around. You know just in case we need to kill more."

Speaking to Leafiara, Iskandr exclaims, "Hope to come away with a sword that might hit a blood guard slightly better!"

Kyal softly says, "Hard to hit stuff in the brain when they don't have a brain."

Speaking to Vaemyr, Leafiara says, "I think... we probably need to talk Alendrial into funding more crimson orbs."

Leafiara adds, "I'll get right on that."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "So we can blow ourselves up instead of being captured."

Speaking amusedly to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "Well, yeah, that too."

Kyal softly says, "That's why I keep a scales trap box on me at all times."

Chandrellia softly says, "I wanted one of those blood masks."

Leafiara says, "But.. even just for blowing up bloodguard bodies so they don't keep coming back."

Hapenlok says, "Well, they're immune to my elemental attacks, that much I can tell."

Leafiara says, "Maybe I should just play into Malluch's fears."

Leafiara says, "I'll wait until after the hearing to remove Thadston, though."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Well, reasoning with him didn't work."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Direct assault didn't really work so great, either."

Kyal softly says, "Violence hasn't worked too well yet."

Iskandr says, "I wish you all luck. I'll likely be back in town soon enough. If I see any of you in the arena and you need a break, the first beer is on me."

Roelon deeply says, "Mah thorns had nae effect. The wind seemed to help ah bit however."

Kyal softly says, "Only one play left, we gotta seduce him."

Speaking to Kyal, Leafiara muses, "You know, he *did* have a real thing for the ladies when he first ran for the council."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "But, you know, Grishom and his mind games, we can do a little mindfoolery."

Kiyna says, "Uhh... not it."

Speaking to Kyal, Leafiara says, "That was why Pup turned him down, in fact."

Speaking to Kyal, Leafiara says, "Because he was too focused on flirting and not enough on business."

Speaking interestedly to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "I'm listening."

Kyal softly says, "In his defense, flirting is more fun than business."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "That's all I got, really."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Short of Casiphia in a short skirt."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok asks, "He was sweet on her, wasn't he?"

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "No... that was Disean, unfortunately."

Kyal softly says, "Gotta go bigger, no skirt."

Hapenlok says, "Geez, I'm so confused tonight."

Vaemyr says, "Alright, seems like everything is gonna be quiet for the night, I need to rest for the days to come."

Leafiara says, "Thadston even used the Casiphia trick against Disean to capture him."

Hapenlok says, "Well, old age plus dying twice."

Leafiara says, "Not quite a short skirt, but..."

Hapenlok says, "I recall Malluch being sweet on someone."

Hapenlok asks, "Oh, it was the music shop girl, wasn't it?"

Hapenlok asks, "Before Naimorai killed her?"

Leafiara says, "Thadston staged a sort of play with the Rooks, pretending he was threatening to kill Casiphia. Disean was dumb enough to fall for it."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "Yeah, Lana."

Leafiara says, "The niece of the music shop lady."

Leafiara says, "Long dead now..."

Hapenlok says, "Wait a minute, though."

Leafiara says, "And of course Grishom can't bring her back, because he's not beyond the Arkati, but Malluch won't see that."

Hapenlok asks, "You know?"

Hapenlok says, "There was that waitress who was a master of disguise. Worked with the Bayrunners."

Hapenlok says, "Too bad she's not here."

Hapenlok says, "But honestly, if anyone would be able to recall how she looked."

Kiyna says, "Ah! That reminds me. Last time I saw him, Crux kissed me and vanished. Still gotta deck him for that. Gonna need a stepladder..."

Hapenlok says, "I'd say disguise, and play the part."

Hapenlok says, "Or if Deylan were still alive...."

Kyal softly says, "I own a wig."

Hapenlok says, "Or had a sister."

Kyal softly says, "... for reasons."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Something worth pursuing, though."

Hapenlok says, "Either via a mentalist, or the old fashioned illusion of disguise."

Hapenlok asks, "What's the worst that could happen?"

Hapenlok says, "It fails. And we're no better than we are now."

Hapenlok says, "Anyway, I'm going to bed."

Leafiara admits, "I'm amazed I didn't die at all tonight."

Leafiara says, "Well, in any case, well fought everyone."

Speaking to Arianiss, Leafiara says, "And your quick thinking."

Kiyna says, "I died twice..."

Speaking softly to Arianiss, Chandrellia says, "And thank you for such a fast recue."

Kiyna says, "I'm too weak."

Speaking to Leafiara, Fahlo says, "Saw you get taken and thought you were a goner."

Speaking amusedly to Fahlo, Leafiara asks, "Right?"

Leafiara says, "Seems Malluch still wants to play the long game."

Speaking softly to Fahlo, Chandrellia says, "I know I was in the middle of getting spells but there wouldn't have been anything I could do anyways."

Kiyna says, "The first time was during the attack on the gate... Then you got yanked and I tried to run after you, but... one of those blood-guards was in the street and, well."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Fahlo says, "I just ran off to the camps and the Deadfall."

Speaking to Kiyna, Leafiara says, "You have to take care of yourselves. I wouldn't ask anyone to sacrifice their lives for me or anything."

Speaking softly to Kiyna, Kyal says, "We must look alike, someone saw you die and dragged me back to town to save me, thinking I was you."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia says, "That's just it, you wouldn't have to ask, most of us would without you asking."

Cruxophim just bit the dust!

Speaking quietly to Chandrellia, Leafiara says, "Well... I appreciate that."

Speaking to Kyal, Kiyna says, "Given I'm half your size, I find that highly unlikely."

Leafiara says, "I bet things will get ugly this year, though."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia says, "Talk about a rough year to be Mayor."

Leafiara says, "Right now I'll try to take solace in mindlessly killing in the arena."

Speaking softly to Kiyna, Kyal says, "That's what I said."

Speaking amiably to Chandrellia, Leafiara says, "That's every year."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia says, "Speaking of."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia asks, "Does train 46 path have a chance in there?"

Speaking to Chandrellia, Leafiara says, "Yes, they find appropiate foes for you."

Speaking to Leafiara, Fahlo says, "Well - be safe out there. No more getting abducted."

Chandrellia softly says, "Maybe I will try it this year."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Leafiara says, "You'll see me in there nonstop with my mom and one of our adopted family."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Leafiara whispers aloud, "Pure mayhem with the three of us."

[General] Cruxophim exclaims, "Hide and Seek!!"

Xayd says, "Welp back to it then."

Chandrellia softly says, "One day I'll be that good."

Kiyna says, "I'm going to need to hit the arena, too. I can't be of any help to the Landing if I get struck down by a single bloodguard. Should take at least ten, I reckon."

Cruxophim just bit the dust!

Leafiara amusedly says, "Ah, Crux and Goblyn are having fun, I bet."