Palestra Trials 5118/day 2

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

  • Day 1 - 5118 Charlatos 1
  • Day 2 - 5118 Charlatos 2
  • Day 3 - 5118 Charlatos 3
  • Day 4 - 5118 Charlatos 19
Night two took place on day 2 of the month Charlatos in the year 5118, at 21:00 by the elven time standard. On this night the candidates--Brutish, Divyne, Hypolita, and Synathaesia--each demonstrated their combat abilities by facing three creatures in the Palestra Arena. The trials were hosted by Blade Schalyne.

From the viewpoint of Allereli Lissina Faendryl.

(The log is heavily edited to remove almost everything not applicable to the Trials or Wehnimer's Landing election.)

Intro

[Academy Nexus, Hallway]
Beautiful alabaster stone is fitted together almost perfectly with barely a seam showing.  Passageways break off leading in other directions.  A glowing portal hovers above the floor, a bright sandy area can be seen on the other side.  Several iron sconces are set into the walls and fitted with golden-hued candles.  A wide variety of weapons hang on either side of the corridor with several shields interspersed between them.
Also here: Moxslayer, Livius, Lady Lylia, Xorus, Raethir, Edanthiel, High Lord Layndon, Master Jahosk, Blade Schalyne, Pris, Brutish, Saffrey, Lord Queleri, Synathaesia, Lady Maetriks, Blade Durakar, Alaunyll, Tysong, Hypolita, Divyne, Blade Arku
Obvious exits: northeast, east, southwest

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "To the east is the viewing box."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "All may watch safely."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "Tonight we show the other academies what you are made of."

Brutish nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Yenko asks, "Is there where we go to observe the trials?"

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "Our candidates usually come to us after being trained for many years, here at the academy."

You glance east.
Speaking in Faendryl, Brutish quietly says, "Eastward to the viewing box."
Brutish nods at Yenko.

Yenko nods approvingly at Brutish.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "They grow up Palestra."

Saffrey turns an inquisitive ear toward Jahosk.
Yenko nods slowly at Arku.
(Pris watches Jahosk with her black eyes as she listens intently to his every word.)
Melivn just arrived.
Novra just arrived.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "But we knew there was untapped skill out in the wilds."

Novra nods in greeting.
Saffrey nods at Novra.
Raethir grins at Arku.
Lylia nods in greeting at Novra.
High Lord Layndon just arrived.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "The candidates come to us with skill they have learned in other ways."

Raethir idly scratches himself on the neck.
Arku chortles softly at some secret joke.
Raethir appears to be struggling to keep a straight face as he glances at Arku.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "We have been told that we are patroned by the mad and this idea of wandering Palestra is mad."

Lylia smiles quietly to herself.
Raethir nods gravely at Arku.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "We said before and we say again."
Saffrey laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.

Edanthiel glances between Raethir and Arku.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "We find brilliant warriors where others discard."

Yenko nods approvingly.
Raethir smiles at Edanthiel.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "We train the untrainable."
Edanthiel smiles at Raethir.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "What they call mad, we call brilliant and skilled."

Novra smiles.
Brutish smiles.
Yenko reaches out and touches his leather-wrapped whip.
Raethir grins crookedly.
Raethir nods at Arku.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "'A Palestra is Warrior."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "Skill with a weapon is first and foremost in your training."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "Skills you will need to protect."

Yenko glances down.
Synathaesia nods once.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "A candidate traditionally comes to us already known."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "We have trained them."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "Our masters know them."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "All of their strengths and weaknesses."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "But for those we find, this is not so."

Pris clenches her jaw.
Saffrey gives a sidelong glance at Pris.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "Because of this, trials at the academies do not include this phase."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "Tonight each candidate will have a chance to show us their skills with their chosen weapon."

Lylia whispers something to Raethir.
Raethir smiles at Lylia.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "With the original four they had a choice when it came to this phase."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "'this time it is not the case."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "Each will have three creatures of some merit to show their skills with."

Yenko peers quizzically at Arku.
Lylia smiles at Raethir.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "It will be up to them to show us their skills while dispatching the creatures in their own manner."
Layndon smiles.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "Our masters will have a good idea of their skills when finished."
Livius takes a bite of his crispy fried scorpion.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "I will ask that at this time those who wish to watch move to the viewing box."

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "The candidates can join Blade Schalyne."

Synathaesia joins Schalyne's group.
Brutish joins Schalyne's group.

Speaking in Faendryl, Novra says, "Good luck."

Divyne bows to Arku.
Melikor inclines his head.
High Lord Layndon just went east.
Pris nods briefly.
>e
Melikor just went east.
[Academy Nexus, Viewing Box]
Rows of cushioned seats fill viewing boxes that are arranged all around a large arena.  Beautifully embroidered canopies are pulled back allowing the moonlight to bath the area in a pale glow.  A shimmering wall of magical energy protects each booth while still giving a clear view of the trial space.
Also here: Melikor, High Lord Layndon, Cinnealk
Obvious paths: west
Livius just arrived.
Layndon walks over to the seat and settles down.
You settle yourself on the cushioned seat for a moment's rest.
Novra just arrived.
Livius walks over to the seat and settles down.
Novra walks over to the seat and settles down.
Melivn just arrived.
Saffrey just arrived.
Xorus's group just arrived.
Pris just arrived.
Melivn walks over to the seat and settles down.
Edanthiel's group just arrived.
Livius gazes thoughtfully at a shimmering wall.
Saffrey walks over to the seat and settles down.
Pris turns to face a shimmering wall.
Edanthiel walks over to the seat and settles down.
Tysong just arrived.
Pris folds her hands behind her back.

Speaking in Faendryl, Livius says, "This should be a good show tonight."

Saffrey agrees with Livius.
Lylia walks over to the seat and settles down.

Speaking in Faendryl, Livius says, "There are some strong candidates among that lot."

Yenko just arrived.
Xorus walks over to the seat and settles down.
Cinnealk walks over to the seat and settles down.
Melikor sits down.
Raethir walks over to the seat and settles down.
Arku slowly empties his lungs.
Yenko walks over to the seat and settles down.

Edanthiel smiles at Arku.

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "I believe I am more nervous this year then when I faced the trials."
Arku starts chortling.

Blade Durakar's group just arrived.
Saffrey smiles at Arku.
Lylia smiles at Arku.
Novra grins at Arku.

Speaking in Faendryl to Arku, Lylia says, "Understandable. You now know more than you did then."

Speaking in Faendryl to Arku, Raethir says, "I am sure they will make you proud."

Livius grins at Arku.
Novra nods.
Edanthiel nods in agreement at Raethir.

Speaking in Faendryl, Livius says, "It's like watching your own kids grow up."

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "It is."

Lord Queleri just arrived.

Speaking in Faendryl, Livius says, "Suddenly, they're all on their own.. or at least they think they are."

Speaking in Faendryl, Livius says, "And meanwhile, all you can do is sit back and see what they learned."

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "Well, there's nothing more I can teach them now."

Livius nods at Arku.
Saffrey nods in agreement.
Lylia nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "I told them as much earlier.  Relax and let instincts guide you."

Alaunyll just arrived.

Speaking in Faendryl, Yenko asks, "Once the trial begins, can it be stopped if the creatures start to get the better of a candidate?"

Arku shakes his head.
Layndon hisses.

Speaking in Faendryl, Yenko says, "Seems a waste of alot of training to let them be killed in front of everyone..."

Speaking in Faendryl, Layndon softly says, "I would hope not."

Speaking in Faendryl, Raethir admits, "Just thinking about it makes -me- eager for a fight."
Raethir flashes a quick grin.

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "Death would end it, but nothing else."

Yenko nods slowly.
Livius starts chortling.
Edanthiel gazes in amusement at Raethir.
Lylia folds her hands in her lap.
Arku paces back and forth.
Maetriks leans softly against Durakar.

Speaking in Faendryl to Edanthiel, Raethir says, "I would still like to spar with your brother."

Edanthiel surreptitiously glances at Raethir.

Speaking in Faendryl, Raethir says, "Mostly because I know he's not likely to hold back."

Lylia gazes in amusement at Raethir.

Speaking in Faendryl, Edanthiel hesitantly says, "You remember how fishing with my father is unfair? It's a little like that."
Edanthiel starts chortling.

Saffrey chuckles to herself.

Speaking in Faendryl to Raethir, Lylia says, "We could make space at the spire for that."

Raethir rubs his chin thoughtfully.

(Raethir sinks into his chair a bit.)

Edanthiel looks thoughtfully at Raethir.

You gaze thoughtfully at a shimmering wall.
(Pris stands transfixed before the shimmering wall with her hands clasped behind her back.)

Gazing into the wall, you see...

[Academy Nexus, Palestra Arena]
Built in an outside area of the academy, the arena is surrounded by a wall of clear energy that rises into the air, joining at a central focal point and creating a shimmering dome.  Several passageways can be seen behind the magical barrier.  The ground of the area is covered in multi-hued cobblestones.  There are no adornments or obstacles that can be seen except random areas that are blackened or discolored.
Obvious paths: out

Speaking in Faendryl, Yenko says, "Down in front..."
Yenko clears his throat.
Maetriks walks over to the seat and settles down.
Maetriks pulls Durakar closer to herself.
Melivn stands up.
Melivn just went west.
Lylia leans forward.
Lylia sniffs at Melikor.
Melikor grins at Lylia.
Lylia nods approvingly.
Melikor smiles quietly to himself.
Melivn's group just arrived.
Alasatia smiles at Melivn.
Melivn walks over to the seat and settles down.
With a serene smile, Saffrey laces her fingers together in quiet repose.
Alasatia walks over to the seat and settles down.
Raethir waves to Alasatia.
Alasatia inclines her head.
Tysong walks over to the seat and settles down.
Melikor nods to Alasatia in greeting.
Alasatia smiles.
Edanthiel waves to Alasatia.
Return to the top of this page.

Divyne

Blade Schalyne just arrived.

Divyne just arrived.

Divyne deftly removes the mithril handaxe from her swordbelt.
Divyne slings an embossed golvern shield off from over her shoulder.

Arku slowly empties his lungs.
Novra leans forward.

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "I can't watch."

Schalyne recites in Faendryl:

    "Candidate Divyne step forward."

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Arku, Saffrey says, "Yes you can."
Saffrey smiles at Arku.

Divyne strides over to stand before Schalyne.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia breathes, "And it begins."

Livius adopts an agreeable expression.

Speaking in Faendryl, Edanthiel says, "You don't have to watch. We'll tell you at the end anyway."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "You have been found to be ready for the trials of the Palestra."

Divyne nods slowly.

Speaking in Faendryl to Schalyne, Divyne says, "The honor is mine."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Prepare to demonstrate your skills."

Blade Schalyne just went out.

(Divyne turns her booted foot slowly grinding the cobbles beneath her heel, as she tests her footing.)

A dark matted canine pounces to the ground in front of you!

Divyne nods once.
(Divyne sways back in forth as she assumes Tree in the Wind, her handaxe and shield held before her defensively.)

Lylia glances at Arku.
Lylia grins.

A dark matted canine's tail flares out as he arches his back.

(Divyne circles the canine, searching for an opening to strike.)

A dark matted canine tries to bite Divyne!
Divyne easily blocks the attack with her golvern shield!

A dark matted canine tries to bite Divyne!
Divyne evades the attack by inches!

Speaking in Faendryl to Alasatia, Lylia murmurs, "I could tell who her trainer is even if I did not already know."

(Divyne performs a series of short, quick, seemingly haphazard swings of her handaxe as she drops into the form Goblin in the Bakery.  Her opponent distracted, she sneaks a solid swing beneath her opponent's defenses.)

Divyne swings a perfect mithril handaxe at a dark matted canine!
  AS: +481 vs DS: +186 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +7 = +336
   ... and hits for 103 points of damage!
   Hard hit shatters shield arm.
   The matted canine is stunned!

(Divyne lowers her weapon and shield, standing defenseless before her enemy as she assumes the form Loyal Canine.)

Alasatia nods slightly at Lylia.

A dark matted canine struggles to regain his balance!

(Divyne crouches low, her shield held before her, and swings her perfect mithril handaxe in a sweeping arc towards her opponent completing the form Cobra in the Rushes.)

Divyne swings a perfect mithril handaxe at a dark matted canine!
  AS: +481 vs DS: +158 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +14 = +371
   ... and hits for 105 points of damage!
   Blast to hand reduces it to pulp!
 ** Divyne's mithril handaxe pulses with a burst of plasma energy! **

   ... 15 points of damage!
   Dazzling arc of energy traces blackened path across the matted canine's back!

A dark matted canine tries to bite Divyne!
At the last moment, Divyne blocks the attack with her shield!

A shimmering aura surrounds Divyne.
A faint blue glow surrounds Divyne's hands.
Divyne swings a perfect mithril handaxe at a dark matted canine!
  AS: +506 vs DS: +152 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +15 = +403
   ... and hits for 147 points of damage!
   Weapon arm removed at the shoulder!
The matted canine mewls in pain as he slumps to the ground and licks his wounded right foreleg.
The matted canine lets out a final caterwaul and dies.

Livius nods approvingly.
Lylia applauds.
Xorus chuckles.
Saffrey applauds.
Yenko applauds.
Raethir flashes a wide grin.

Speaking in Faendryl, Melivn says, "Horray dog murder."
Melivn lets out a cheer!

You applaud.
Layndon applauds.
Novra smiles.

Speaking in Faendryl, Livius says, "Well done."

A pair of initiates run in and drags the dog away.

Melikor snickers.

A dark matted canine decays into a compost of fangs, fur and claws.

Speaking in Faendryl, Xorus amusedly says, "It mewled like a kitten."

Pris raises an eyebrow.
Saffrey begins chuckling at Xorus!

(Divyne sways back in forth as she assumes Tree in the Wind, her handaxe and shield held before her defensively.)

A towering orc fighter treads in, ready for combat!
A towering orc fighter swings a closed fist at Divyne!
Divyne skillfully blocks the attack with her shield!

(Divyne smoothly assumes Abyran'sa in the Abyss, as she rises onto the balls of her feet, her handaxe held horizontally above her head and her shield held just below her eyes.)

In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, a towering orc fighter engages Divyne in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
A towering orc fighter swings a closed fist at Divyne!
  AS: +414 vs DS: +665 with AvD: -23 + d100 roll: +68 = -206
   A clean miss.
A towering orc fighter swings a closed fist at Divyne!
  AS: +414 vs DS: +665 with AvD: -23 + d100 roll: +36 = -238
   A clean miss.

A towering orc fighter swings a closed fist at Divyne!
Divyne skillfully blocks the attack with her shield!
A towering orc fighter swings a closed fist at Divyne!

With incredible finesse, Divyne deflects the attack with her golvern shield!

A towering orc fighter swings a closed fist at Divyne!
Divyne easily blocks the attack with her golvern shield!

Divyne swings a perfect mithril handaxe at a towering orc fighter!
  AS: +506 vs DS: +242 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +7 = +304
   ... and hits for 137 points of damage!
   Wild downward slash severs the orc fighter's left foot!
   Bloody stump, anyone?
   A towering orc fighter falls to the ground grasping his mangled left leg!

(Divyne lowers her weapon and shield, standing defenseless before her enemy as she assumes the form Loyal Canine.)

Speaking in Faendryl, Livius says, "It arched its back like one, too.  Perhaps some sort of chimera."

A towering orc fighter swings a closed fist at Divyne!
  AS: +354 vs DS: +665 with AvD: -23 + d100 roll: +96 = -238
   A clean miss.

Divyne smirks.

(Divyne crouches low, her shield held before her, and swings her perfect mithril handaxe in a sweeping arc towards her opponent completing the form Cobra in the Rushes.)

Divyne swings a perfect mithril handaxe at a towering orc fighter!
  AS: +506 vs DS: +127 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +7 = +419
   ... and hits for 194 points of damage!
   Off-balanced slash!
   Enough force to sever the orc fighter's right hand!
   Amazing!
The orc fighter rolls over and dies.

 (Divyne sways back in forth as she assumes Tree in the Wind, her handaxe and shield held before her defensively.)

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "Good. No false modesty within her."

Saffrey applauds.
You applaud.
Livius grins.
Yenko applauds.
Novra adopts an agreeable expression.
Layndon leans back.

A towering orc fighter decays into compost.

A shrill screech pierces the air as a scarred battle griffin dives from above!
Divyne hesitates, her eyes wide with fear!

A scarred battle griffin swoops down from high overhead!
A scarred battle griffin rakes at Divyne with a razor-sharp claw!
At the last moment, Divyne blocks the attack with her shield!

A scarred battle griffin rakes at Divyne with a razor-sharp claw!
In the nick of time, Divyne interposes her golvern shield between herself and the attack!

(Divyne smoothly assumes Abyran'sa in the Abyss, as she rises onto the balls of her feet, her handaxe held horizontally above her head and her shield held just below her eyes.)

A scarred battle griffin tries to bite Divyne!
  AS: +450 vs DS: +665 with AvD: +7 + d100 roll: +76 = -132
   A clean miss.

Divyne confidently calls upon her patron as she motions forcefully...
Divyne gestures at a scarred battle griffin.
Divyne briefly closes her eyes, and a translucent black gate rises up from the ground behind her.  A faint white light builds up and emanates from Divyne's hand before it takes the shape of an ethereal chain of keys, and Divyne thrusts it forward!
A flurry of golden snowflake-shaped motes unwind from the chain of the ethereal keys, striking a scarred battle griffin!
  CS: +424 - TD: +369 + CvA: +25 + d100: +68 == +148
  Warding failed!
  The battle griffin is stricken for 25 points of damage!
   ... 25 points of damage!
   Flash burns to eye momentarily blind the battle griffin.
The ethereal keys in Divyne's hand slowly melt away.

A scarred battle griffin tries to bite Divyne!
With extreme effort, Divyne beats back the attack with her handaxe!

Divyne swings a perfect mithril handaxe at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +506 vs DS: +327 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +52 = +266
   ... and hits for 63 points of damage!
   Left elbow smashed into a thousand pieces.

A scarred battle griffin tries to bite Divyne!
  AS: +440 vs DS: +423 with AvD: +7 + d100 roll: +79 = +103
   ... and hits for 1 point of damage!
   A feeble blow to Divyne's left arm!

(Divyne crouches low, her shield held before her, and swings her perfect mithril handaxe in a sweeping arc towards her opponent completing the form Cobra in the Rushes.)

Divyne swings a perfect mithril handaxe at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +506 vs DS: +312 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +88 = +317
   ... and hits for 144 points of damage!
   Terrible slash to the battle griffin's side!
   Entrails spill out, onto the ground!
   Death can be SO messy.
The battle griffin crashes to the ground, motionless.

Lylia hisses.
Pris nods approvingly.
Novra grins.
Saffrey applauds.

Divyne slips a perfect mithril handaxe into one of the weapon loops sewn inside of her silk velvet cloak.
Divyne tucks an embossed golvern shield into one of the large pouches lining the inside of her silk velvet cloak.

Divyne bows.
Novra applauds.
Layndon applauds.
Edanthiel applauds.

Divyne searches a scarred battle griffin.
The battle griffin decays into a pile of feathers and fur.

Raethir grins at Arku.
Raethir applauds.
Yenko applauds.
You applaud.
Maetriks applauds politely.

Speaking in Faendryl, Yenko says, "Impressive finish."
Speaking in Faendryl, Saffrey says, "Well done."

Blade Schalyne just arrived.

Speaking in Faendryl, you say, "Well trained." 
You nod at Arku.

Melikor nods.
Novra agrees with you.

Divyne bows to Schalyne.

Schalyne bows to Divyne.

Speaking in Faendryl, Saffrey says, "She made it appear quite easy."

Raethir nods in agreement.

Speaking in Faendryl to Arku, Lylia says, "She is a credit to you and to herself."
Lylia smiles.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "You have shown a directness in your attack, that is just cautious enough."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Your training has served you well."

Speaking in Faendryl, Raethir says, "I'd say so. She emerged from that quite unscathed."

Lylia nods in agreement.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Follow."
Blade Schalyne just went out.

Divyne just went out.

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "She did handle that screech like a champ."

Lylia nods in agreement.
Saffrey nods at Arku.

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "And countered well with her magic as a setup."
Arku nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "She did well."

Edanthiel smiles at Arku.

Speaking in Faendryl, Saffrey asks, "Is there yet another test tomorrow eve?"

Lylia nods at Saffrey.
Raethir nods at Saffrey.

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "Tomorrow night is demons."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "Looking forward to that."

Speaking in Faendryl, Saffrey says, "I fear I must return home tonight, a pity I shall miss it."

Speaking in Faendryl to Saffrey, you say, "It is a continuation of the same test you see tonight."

Lylia nods to you.

Speaking in Faendryl, Xorus says, "Were only every night demons."

Arku begins chortling at Xorus.
Lylia gazes in amusement at Xorus.

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "Easily said when not having to dispatch them."
Arku grins.

Xorus smiles slightly.
Speaking in Faendryl, Xorus says, "Yes... dispatching them."

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "Once in a while is enough by me."

Speaking in Faendryl to Xorus, Saffrey says, "Do not despair, now that they will be allowed in the Landing..."
Saffrey grins impishly.

Xorus sighs.
Lylia chuckles.
Novra chuckles.

Speaking in Faendryl to Saffrey, Xorus says, "Only the weak ones."
Xorus shakes his head.
Xorus leans softly against Lylia.
Saffrey chuckles to herself.
Return to the top of this page.

Synathaesia

Blade Schalyne just arrived.

Synathaesia just arrived.

Schalyne recites in Faendryl:

    "Candidate Synathaesia step forward."

Synathaesia strides a few steps forward.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "You have been found to be ready for the trials of the Palestra."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Prepare to demonstrate your skills."

Blade Schalyne just went out.

Synathaesia slings an ebon-nocked dark eahnor longbow off from over her shoulder.
Synathaesia nods once.

Synathaesia rubs her ruby amulet.
A wall of force surrounds Synathaesia.

Speaking in Faendryl, Melivn says, "Is that a metal bow, that's uhh diffrent."

Raethir shakes his head, totally at a loss.

A dark matted canine pounces to the ground in front of you!
A pearlescent faewood arrow flies out of the shadows toward a dark matted canine!
  AS: +320 vs DS: +198 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +22 = +176
   ... and hits for 35 points of damage!
   Slash across right eye!
  Hope the left is working.
   The matted canine is stunned!
 ** As the faewood arrow hits a dark matted canine, it gives off an electric shock! **
   ... 20 points of damage!
   Electric shot gives the matted canine a really bad cramp.
The faewood arrow sticks in a dark matted canine's right eye!

A pearlescent faewood arrow flies out of the shadows toward a dark matted canine!
  AS: +320 vs DS: +155 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +9 = +206
   ... and hits for 54 points of damage!
   Well placed strike shatters a rib!
The faewood arrow sticks in a dark matted canine's chest!

A pearlescent faewood arrow flies out of the shadows toward a dark matted canine!
  AS: +320 vs DS: +151 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +14 = +215
   ... and hits for 52 points of damage!
   Loud *crack* as the matted canine's sternum breaks!
The faewood arrow sticks in a dark matted canine's chest!
A dark matted canine struggles to regain his balance!

A pearlescent faewood arrow flies out of the shadows toward a dark matted canine!
  AS: +320 vs DS: +146 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +92 = +298
   ... and hits for 89 points of damage!
   Shot shatters shoulder and severs left arm!
The matted canine mewls in pain as he slumps to the ground and licks his wounded left foreleg.
The faewood arrow sticks in a dark matted canine's left arm!

A dark matted canine roars loudly as he stands up!
A pearlescent faewood arrow flies out of the shadows toward a dark matted canine!
  AS: +320 vs DS: +162 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +6 = +196
   ... and hits for 41 points of damage!
   Strike pierces forearm!
The matted canine crumples to the ground and dies.
 ** Necrotic energy from Synathaesia's dark eahnor longbow flares up momentarily! **

   Synathaesia appears to gain succour from the unnatural energy!
The faewood arrow sticks in a dark matted canine's right arm!

Synathaesia comes out of hiding.
Synathaesia searches a dark matted canine.
A dark matted canine decays into a compost of fangs, fur and claws.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "Effective, it would appear."

Novra adopts an agreeable expression.
Saffrey nods at Lylia.

The wall of force disappears from around Synathaesia.

Speaking in Faendryl, Livius says, "Perhaps the metal in it channels the electricity better."

Synathaesia put a bundle of faewood arrows in her ebon hide quiver.

Speaking in Faendryl, Saffrey asks, "Rather direct and to the point, hmmm?"

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "The ensorcell on the bow is helpful."

Speaking in Faendryl, Raethir concedes, "The effect is hard to deny."

Arku agrees with Raethir.
Lylia nods in agreement at Arku.
Livius begins chuckling at Saffrey!

Gazing into the wall, you see...

[Academy Nexus, Palestra Arena]
Built in an outside area of the academy, the arena is surrounded by a wall of clear energy that rises into the air, joining at a central focal point and creating a shimmering dome.  Several passageways can be seen behind the magical barrier.  The ground of the area is covered in multi-hued cobblestones.  There are no adornments or obstacles that can be seen except random areas that are blackened or discolored.
Obvious paths: out

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "There are many paths to the same end."

Placing her hand over her heart, Lylia sighs dramatically.

Speaking in Faendryl, Maetriks says, "She rather does like that bow..."

Edanthiel nods at Arku.

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Maetriks, Arku says, "I can see why."

A wrinkled orc ranger strides in, glowering upon the scene.
Synathaesia is revealed from hiding.
Synathaesia fires a pearlescent faewood arrow at a wrinkled orc ranger!
  AS: +320 vs DS: +137 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +47 = +255
   ... and hits for 97 points of damage!
   Strike through eye, the orc ranger is lobotomized!
The orc ranger falls to the ground and dies.
The faewood arrow sticks in a wrinkled orc ranger's right eye!

Yenko applauds.

Synathaesia searches a wrinkled orc ranger.
Synathaesia gathers the remaining coins.
A wrinkled orc ranger decays into compost.

Novra flashes a quick grin.

Speaking in Faendryl, Yenko says, "Well done."

Synathaesia picks up a pearlescent faewood arrow.

Arku applauds.
Saffrey applauds.
Raethir applauds.
Lylia applauds.

Synathaesia adds a pearlescent faewood arrow to her bundle of arrows.

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "That's more like it."

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "Very skilled shot."

Livius nods approvingly.
Saffrey agrees with Arku.
Xorus agrees with Lylia.

Maetriks smirks as a haughty expression flits across her face.
Speaking in Faendryl, Maetriks murmurs, "Good girl."

A dark orc hunter strides in, glowering upon the scene.

Synathaesia is revealed from hiding.
Synathaesia fires a pearlescent faewood arrow at a dark orc hunter!
The orc hunter moves at the last moment to evade the missile!
The faewood arrow streaks out of sight!

Synathaesia concentrates deeply for a moment.
A dark orc hunter gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
A dark orc hunter notices Synathaesia botch an attempt at concealing herself.

[Roll result: -504 (open d100: 28)]
Synathaesia crouches and sweeps a leg at a dark orc hunter but misses!
Synathaesia ends up tripping herself!

Melivn chuckles.
Raethir winces.
Lylia raises an eyebrow.

A dark orc hunter searches around nervously.
A dark orc hunter glances around, sure that she has missed something...

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia mildly says, "Oh, dear."
Livius nods in agreement at Lylia.
Edanthiel nods in agreement at Lylia.
Melikor whistles tunelessly to himself.

A dark orc hunter searches around nervously.
A dark orc hunter glances around, sure that she has missed something...

Speaking in Faendryl, Livius says, "That one's quick."

A dark orc hunter searches around nervously.
A dark orc hunter glances around, sure that she has missed something...

Synathaesia is revealed from hiding.
Synathaesia fires a pearlescent faewood arrow at a dark orc hunter!
  AS: +320 vs DS: +170 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +62 = +237
   ... and hits for 65 points of damage!
   Slash across right eye!
  Hope the left is working.
   The orc hunter is stunned!
The faewood arrow sticks in a dark orc hunter's right eye!

Synathaesia rubs her ruby amulet.
A wall of force surrounds Synathaesia.

Speaking in Faendryl, Novra says, "Nice shot."

Synathaesia is revealed from hiding.
Synathaesia fires a pearlescent faewood arrow at a dark orc hunter!
  AS: +320 vs DS: +129 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +44 = +260
   ... and hits for 84 points of damage!
   Well placed shot pierces knee, that hurt!
   The orc hunter is knocked to the ground!
 ** Necrotic energy from Synathaesia's dark eahnor longbow flares up momentarily! **

   Synathaesia appears to gain succour from the unnatural energy!
 ** As Synathaesia's faewood arrow hits a dark orc hunter, it gives off an electric shock! **
   ... 25 points of damage!
   Light shock to left leg.  That stings!
The faewood arrow sticks in a dark orc hunter's left leg!

A dark orc hunter throws her head back and roars, shaking off the stun!
A dark orc hunter stands up with a grunt.

Speaking in Faendryl, Saffrey says, "Not quick enough."
Saffrey grins at Livius.

Synathaesia is revealed from hiding.
Synathaesia fires a pearlescent faewood arrow at a dark orc hunter!
  AS: +325 vs DS: +120 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +13 = +243
   ... and hits for 67 points of damage!
   Strike pierces forearm!
   The orc hunter is stunned!
The faewood arrow sticks in a dark orc hunter's left arm!

A dark orc hunter throws her head back and roars, shaking off the stun!
A dark orc hunter gestures and utters a phrase of magic.
A dark orc hunter gestures mystically!

Speaking in Faendryl, Yenko says, "Picking the foe apart."

A dark orc hunter sits down and begins to apply some crude first aid to herself.

Speaking in Faendryl, Yenko says, "All the limbs."
Speaking in Faendryl, Yenko says, "And blinded."

Novra grins.
Pris smirks as a haughty expression flits across her face.
You agree with Yenko.

A dark orc hunter is working diligently to stop her bleeding.
A dark orc hunter struggles to rise but fails in the attempt.

Speaking in Faendryl, Yenko asks, "Why hesitate?"

A dark orc hunter stands up with a grunt.

Speaking in Faendryl, Yenko exclaims, "Take the shot!"

Synathaesia seems a bit weaker than before.

A dark orc hunter gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

Synathaesia stares incredulously at the dark orc hunter.

A dark orc hunter gestures mystically!

A dark orc hunter searches around nervously.
A dark orc hunter glances around, sure that she has missed something...

A dark orc hunter searches around nervously.
A dark orc hunter glances around, sure that she has missed something...

Synathaesia comes out of hiding.
Synathaesia adds a pearlescent faewood arrow to her bundle of arrows.

A dark orc hunter gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

A dark orc hunter searches around nervously.
A dark orc hunter glances around, sure that she has missed something...

A dark orc hunter searches around nervously.
A dark orc hunter glances around, sure that she has missed something...

A dark orc hunter searches around nervously.
A dark orc hunter glances around, sure that she has missed something...

A dark orc hunter searches around nervously.
A dark orc hunter glances around, sure that she has missed something...

A dark orc hunter searches around nervously.
A dark orc hunter glances around, sure that she has missed something...

Speaking in Faendryl, Raethir whispers aloud, "What is she doing?"
Speaking in Faendryl, Saffrey asks, "A bit of cat and mouse perhaps?"

A dark orc hunter searches around nervously.
A dark orc hunter glances around, sure that she has missed something...

A dark orc hunter searches around nervously.
A dark orc hunter glances around, sure that she has missed something...

Synathaesia is enraged by the orc hunter's attack!
A dark orc hunter swings a closed fist at Synathaesia!
  AS: +369 vs DS: +294 with AvD: +4 + d100 roll: +3 = +82
   A clean miss.

Speaking in Faendryl, Yenko says, "Ahh."

A dark orc hunter searches around nervously.
A dark orc hunter glances around, sure that she has missed something...

Synathaesia comes out of hiding.
Synathaesia put a silver-hilted eahnor kubikiri in her shadowy rucksack.

A dark orc hunter searches around nervously.
A dark orc hunter glances around, sure that she has missed something...

Synathaesia is revealed from hiding.
Synathaesia fires a pearlescent faewood arrow at a dark orc hunter!
  AS: +320 vs DS: +128 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +12 = +229
   ... and hits for 62 points of damage!
   Strike to the chest breaks a rib!
The faewood arrow is deflected to one side, sailing to the ground.

A dark orc hunter swings a closed fist at Synathaesia!
  AS: +369 vs DS: +188 with AvD: +4 + d100 roll: +97 = +282
   ... and hits for 4 points of damage!
   Blow glances off Synathaesia's shoulder.

Speaking in Faendryl, Novra says, "Ooh."

Synathaesia is revealed from hiding.
Synathaesia fires a pearlescent faewood arrow at a dark orc hunter!
  AS: +320 vs DS: +117 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +39 = +267
   ... and hits for 76 points of damage!
   Slash across back of hand, tendons sliced!
The orc hunter falls to the ground and dies.
The faewood arrow sticks in a dark orc hunter's left hand!

Speaking in Faendryl, Raethir incredulously asks, "Had it cast a Calm spell?"

Saffrey applauds.
Novra slowly empties her lungs.
Lylia applauds politely.

Synathaesia searches a dark orc hunter.
A dark orc hunter decays into compost.

Novra applauds.
Yenko applauds.
Edanthiel applauds politely.
You applaud.
Maetriks applauds wildly!

Speaking in Faendryl, Saffrey says, "It would seem so."

Synathaesia bundles some faewood arrows together.

Speaking in Faendryl, Raethir notes, "Sloppy, but she did quickly recover from that little mishap."

Melikor nods.

Blade Schalyne just arrived.

Synathaesia turns to face Schalyne.

Synathaesia slings an ebon-nocked dark eahnor longbow over her shoulder.
Synathaesia bows to Schalyne.

Speaking in Faendryl, Maetriks says, "Calm would seem to have been the obvious hinderance."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "You have shown your skills with stealth and caution, which has worked to protect you as they will to protect our House."

Synathaesia nods once.

Speaking in Faendryl, Maetriks says, "Annoying spell that... risk attack in order to be able to attack."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Follow."

Blade Schalyne just went out.
Synathaesia just went out.
Return to the top of this page.

Hypolita

Blade Schalyne just arrived.

Hypolita just arrived.

Schalyne recites in Faendryl:

    "Candidate Hypolita step forward."

Hypolita strides over to stand before Schalyne.
Hypolita removes a curved eahnor claidhmore from in her leather weapon harness.
Hypolita slowly empties her lungs.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "You have been found to be ready for the trials of the Palestra."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Prepare to demonstrate your skills."

Speaking in Faendryl, Hypolita softly says, "I will be worthy."

Schalyne nods.
Blade Schalyne just went out.

(Hypolita sways back in forth as she assumes Tree in the Wind, her blade held before her defensively.)

Speaking in Faendryl, Yenko says, "Confident."

Raethir nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "I taught them that defensive form."

A pale orc raider rushes in!
A pale orc raider deftly moves in for a cheapshot on Hypolita, but the blow is harmlessly deflected by her black alloy field-plate.

Raethir nods slightly at Arku.

A pale orc raider shifts her weight, stepping back a bit.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia quietly says, "You did well."

A pale orc raider swings a closed fist at Hypolita!
In the nick of time, Hypolita interposes her eahnor claidhmore between herself and the blow!

A pale orc raider shifts her weight, stepping back a bit.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia appreciatively says, "She is so quick."

[Roll result: 188 (open d100: 17)]
Hypolita feints low, the orc raider buys the ruse and twists awkwardly to block the blow that never came!

A subtle smirk tugs at the corners of Hypolita's lips as she regards a pale orc raider.

Livius nods in agreement.
Novra adopts an agreeable expression.

A pale orc raider swings a closed fist at Hypolita!
Hypolita easily parries the attack with her eahnor claidhmore!

(Hypolita raises her curved eahnor claidhmore above her head, its tip pointing directly at her opponent.  With a shrill bellow, she lunges forward, bringing her blade down in a swooping arc as she completes the form Griffin's Cry.)

Hypolita lifts her face and lets out an eerie, modulating cry! 

A pale orc raider swings a closed fist at Hypolita!
With no room to spare, Hypolita manages to parry the blow with her eahnor claidhmore!

Hypolita swings a curved eahnor claidhmore at a pale orc raider!
  AS: +530 vs DS: +309 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +78 = +330
   ... and hits for 159 points of damage!
   Shield arm mangled horribly.
   The orc raider is stunned!

A pale orc raider throws her head back and roars, shaking off the stun!

A pale orc raider swings a closed fist at Hypolita!
Hypolita moves at the last moment to evade the attack!

Lylia watches the surroundings in breathless anticipation.

A pale orc raider deftly moves in for a cheapshot on Hypolita, but the blow is harmlessly deflected by her black alloy field-plate.

(Hypolita suddenly falls into the form Death Becomes Her, paling visibly as she collapses to the ground lying motionless.  With a sudden roll, she quickly regains her feet with a vicious upward slash at her target.)

Hypolita swings a curved eahnor claidhmore at a pale orc raider!
  AS: +530 vs DS: +345 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +90 = +306
   ... and hits for 159 points of damage!
   Wild downward slash severs the orc raider's left foot!
   Bloody stump, anyone?
   A pale orc raider falls to the ground grasping her mangled left leg!
The orc raider rolls over and dies.

Lylia applauds.
Saffrey applauds.

Speaking in Faendryl, Xorus says, "Her contempt for it is fragrant. Charming."

Livius smiles.
Novra applauds.
Raethir gives a short little hum of surprise.
Raethir applauds.

Speaking in Faendryl, Saffrey says, "Well done."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "Artful, yet quick."

Speaking in Faendryl, Livius says, "That was an impressive finish."

A pale orc raider decays into compost.

Lylia nods approvingly.
Edanthiel nods in agreement.
Lylia agrees with Livius.

Speaking softly in Faendryl to herself, Hypolita says, "Conserve energy, let them bleed out."
Hypolita slowly empties her lungs.

Arku nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Raethir quietly says, "It was interesting to see the form adapted to such a weapon."

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "Good girl."

Speaking in Faendryl, Xorus wryly echoes, "Strike them so they may feel they are dying."

Lylia gazes in amusement at Xorus.

A bronze-tinted glossy ebon snake slithers in!
A bronze-tinted glossy ebon snake coils up ready to strike!

Melikor leans forward and rests his chin in his hand, a thoughtful expression on his face.

Speaking in Faendryl to Arku, you say, "Another you should have no fear in watching."

(Hypolita smoothly assumes Abyran'sa in the Abyss as she rises onto the balls of her feet, her claidhmore held horizontally above her head.)

A bronze-tinted glossy ebon snake tries to bite Hypolita!
Hypolita dodges just in the nick of time!

Hypolita swings a curved eahnor claidhmore at a bronze-tinted glossy ebon snake!
  AS: +530 vs DS: +458 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +51 = +158
   ... and hits for 63 points of damage!
   Tremendous blow crushes skull like a ripe melon.
The glossy ebon snake is sliced neatly in two.

You applaud.
Lylia applauds.
Raethir lets out a cheer!
Yenko nods.
Melikor nods.
Livius grins.
Yenko applauds.
Saffrey applauds.
Arku nods.
Novra applauds.
Novra sighs.

The faint blue glow fades from around Hypolita's hands.
The shimmering aura fades from around Hypolita.
A shimmering aura surrounds Hypolita.
A faint blue glow surrounds Hypolita's hands.

A bronze-tinted glossy ebon snake decays into compost.

Speaking in Faendryl, Livius says, "She moved like that snake."

Speaking in Faendryl to Xorus, Saffrey says, "I fear that snake did not feel a thing."

Lylia nods at Edanthiel.

Speaking in Faendryl to Arku, Raethir says, "Smashed like a cricket."

Speaking in Faendryl, Livius says, "It was a fitting counterpart."

Speaking in Faendryl, Novra says, "Such a beautiful snake."

Xorus grins at Saffrey.

A shrill screech pierces the air as a scarred battle griffin dives from above!
Hypolita maintains her resolve, ignoring the terrible screech!

Speaking in Faendryl to Novra, Lylia says, "Such a beautiful future pair of shoes."

A scarred battle griffin swoops down from high overhead!
A scarred battle griffin tries to spear Hypolita with its beak!

Amazingly, Hypolita manages to parry the attack with her claidhmore!

Saffrey grins at Lylia.
Novra wrinkles her nose.
Lylia winks.

A scarred battle griffin tries to bite Hypolita!
  AS: +426 vs DS: +700 with AvD: +7 + d100 roll: +8 = -259
   A clean miss.

Speaking in Faendryl, Xorus says, "Pity there was no abyran here to watch in horror."

Saffrey grins at Xorus.

A scarred battle griffin rakes at Hypolita with a razor-sharp claw!
Hypolita dodges just in the nick of time!
A scarred battle griffin rakes at Hypolita with a razor-sharp claw!
Hypolita barely dodges the attack!

A scarred battle griffin tries to bite Hypolita!
With extreme effort, Hypolita beats back the attack with her claidhmore!

(Hypolita circles the griffin, searching for an opening.)

(Hypolita crouches low into Leopard Stalks its Prey, her blade held in a downward slant before her as she silently circles her intended target.)

A scarred battle griffin tries to bite Hypolita!
With extreme effort, Hypolita beats back the attack with her claidhmore!

Hypolita swings a curved eahnor claidhmore at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +530 vs DS: +302 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +99 = +355
   ... and hits for 153 points of damage!
   The battle griffin is backed up by a strong slash to its abdomen!

A scarred battle griffin tries to bite Hypolita!
Hypolita skillfully dodges the attack!

Hypolita concentrates deeply for a moment.

A scarred battle griffin tries to spear Hypolita with its beak!
Hypolita gracefully avoids the attack!

(Hypolita suddenly falls into the form Death Becomes Her, paling visibly as she collapses to the ground lying motionless.  With a sudden roll, she quickly regains her feet with a vicious upward slash at her target.)

Hypolita swings a curved eahnor claidhmore at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +543 vs DS: +287 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +14 = +298
   ... and hits for 164 points of damage!
   Slash to the battle griffin's ribs opens a sucking chest wound!
The battle griffin crashes to the ground, motionless.

Lylia applauds.
Melikor nods.
Melikor applauds.
Novra applauds.
Saffrey applauds.
Yenko applauds.
You applaud.
Raethir applauds.
Maetriks applauds.

Speaking in Faendryl, Saffrey says, "One two three."
Saffrey snaps her fingers.

Pris nods once.

Hypolita put a curved eahnor claidhmore in her leather cloak.
Hypolita bows.

Blade Schalyne just arrived.

The battle griffin decays into a pile of feathers and fur.

Speaking in Faendryl, Yenko says, "All these candidates have excellent footwork."

Lylia nods in agreement.

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "The girls showed well."
Arku slowly empties his lungs.

Novra grins at Arku.

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "I can breathe again."

Speaking in Faendryl, Raethir says, "All well trained."

Saffrey smiles at Arku.

Hypolita seems a bit weaker than before.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "You have shown your strength  not only with the blade but with a quick and cunning mind."

Speaking in Faendryl, Raethir says, "Now I want to see Brutish show himself worthy of his moniker."
Raethir grins.

Lylia nods at Raethir.
Melikor agrees with Raethir.

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Schalyne, Hypolita says, "You honor me with your words."

Hypolita faces Schalyne and smartly brings her right fist up to her chest.  Holding it there, she bows deeply.

Schalyne nods.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "I have been quite eager to see him fight."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Follow."
Blade Schalyne just went out.

Hypolita just went out.
Return to the top of this page.

Brutish

Blade Schalyne just arrived.

Brutish just arrived.

Interlocking his fingers above his head, Brutish stretches slowly, extending his spine in a satisfying stretch.
Brutish turns his shoulders to the left in a long, slow stretch.
Brutish turns his shoulders to the right in a long, slow stretch.
Brutish twists his head slightly, cracking his neck.  He looks relieved.

Schalyne recites in Faendryl:

    "Candidate Brutish step forward."

Brutish strides over to stand before Schalyne.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "You have been found to be ready for the trials of the Palestra."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Prepare to demonstrate your skills."

Brutish nods.

Blade Schalyne just went out.

Brutish bows.
A pale orc raider rushes in!

A pale orc raider swings a closed fist at Brutish!
At the last moment, Brutish blocks the attack with his shield!

Brutish lunges forward at a pale orc raider with his vultite wall shield and attempts a shield bash!
[Roll result: 193 (open d100: 89)]
Brutish lashes out with a terrific shield bash and a pale orc raider flips end over end and lands on her head!
   ... 15 points of damage!
   Blow leaves an imprint on the orc raider's chest!
The orc raider is stunned!

Novra winces.
Saffrey laughs!

[Roll result: 157 (open d100: 28)]
Brutish feints to the left, the orc raider buys the ruse and twists awkwardly to block the blow that never came!

Brutish rubs his hands together, smiling slightly as he glances at a pale orc raider.

A pale orc raider stands up with a grunt.

Speaking in Faendryl, Novra says, "I've been flipped onto my head like that."
Novra chuckles.

Lylia nods at Novra.

[Roll result: 148 (open d100: 49)]
Brutish hurls himself at a pale orc raider and connects!
Brutish knocks a pale orc raider flat and quickly jumps to his feet!

Speaking quietly in Faendryl to a pale orc raider, Brutish says, "Good luck."

A pale orc raider stands up with a grunt.

Brutish looks determined and focused.
In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Brutish engages a pale orc raider in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
Brutish swings a veniom-hafted silvery rolaren waraxe at a pale orc raider!
  AS: +476 vs DS: +247 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +72 = +331
   ... and hits for 112 points of damage!
   Shield arm mangled horribly.
   The orc raider is stunned!
Brutish swings a veniom-hafted silvery rolaren waraxe at a pale orc raider!
  AS: +476 vs DS: +220 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +40 = +326
   ... and hits for 130 points of damage!
   Lucky shot rips through bone and muscle sending shield arm flying.
Brutish swings a veniom-hafted silvery rolaren waraxe at a pale orc raider!
  AS: +476 vs DS: +203 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +23 = +326
   ... and hits for 125 points of damage!
   Right leg ripped from socket at the knee!
   A pale orc raider falls to the ground grasping her mangled right leg!
The orc raider rolls over and dies.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia dryly says, "I enjoy watching it more than I do having it done to me."

Novra flashes a quick grin.
Novra applauds.
You applaud.
Yenko applauds.
Raethir lets out a cheer!
Lylia applauds.
Saffrey applauds.
Novra agrees with Lylia.
Edanthiel chuckles.
Edanthiel lets out a cheer!
Arku applauds.

Brutish searches a pale orc raider.
Brutish gathers the remaining coins.
A pale orc raider decays into compost.

Interlocking his fingers above his head, Brutish stretches slowly, extending his spine in a satisfying stretch.

Brutish turns his shoulders to the left in a long, slow stretch.
Brutish turns his shoulders to the right in a long, slow stretch.
Brutish twists his head slightly, cracking his neck.  He looks relieved.

A dark orc hunter strides in, glowering upon the scene.

A dark orc hunter swings a closed fist at Brutish!
At the last moment, Brutish blocks the attack with his shield!

Brutish swings a veniom-hafted silvery rolaren waraxe at a dark orc hunter!
  AS: +238 vs DS: +161 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +43 = +150
   ... and hits for 26 points of damage!
   Blow to the head causes the orc hunter's ears to ring!
 ** Necrotic energy from Brutish's silvery rolaren waraxe flares up momentarily! **

   Brutish appears to gain succour from the unnatural energy!

A dark orc hunter swings a closed fist at Brutish!
Brutish barely dodges the attack!

Brutish lunges forward at a dark orc hunter with his vultite wall shield and attempts a shield bash!
[Roll result: 101 (open d100: 36)]
Brutish lashes out with a feeble shield bash, but a dark orc hunter manages to partially avoid it.
   ... 5 points of damage!
   Blow leaves an imprint on the orc hunter's chest!

 [Roll result: 122 (open d100: 42)]
Brutish feints to the left, the orc hunter buys the ruse and moves to block the blow that never came!

A dark orc hunter swings a closed fist at Brutish!
  AS: +374 vs DS: +388 with AvD: -23 + d100 roll: +69 = +32
   A clean miss.

Brutish swings a veniom-hafted silvery rolaren waraxe at a dark orc hunter!
  AS: +496 vs DS: +157 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +27 = +396
   ... and hits for 164 points of damage!
   Lucky shot rips through bone and muscle sending left leg flying.
   A dark orc hunter falls to the ground grasping her mangled left leg!
   The orc hunter is stunned!

A dark orc hunter throws her head back and roars, shaking off the stun!
A dark orc hunter swings a closed fist at Brutish!
  AS: +152 vs DS: +388 with AvD: -23 + d100 roll: +51 = -208
   A clean miss.

Brutish grins.

[Roll result: 159 (open d100: 79)]
Brutish feints to the right, the orc hunter buys the ruse and twists awkwardly to block the blow that never came!

Brutish swings a veniom-hafted silvery rolaren waraxe at a dark orc hunter!
  AS: +476 vs DS: +116 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +15 = +405
   ... and hits for 148 points of damage!
   Quick, powerful slash to the orc hunter's right knee!
The orc hunter rolls over and dies.
 ** Necrotic energy from Brutish's silvery rolaren waraxe flares up momentarily! **

   Brutish appears to gain succour from the unnatural energy!

Brutish searches a dark orc hunter.
Brutish gathers the remaining coins.
A dark orc hunter decays into compost.

Novra applauds.
You applaud.
Raethir grins crookedly.
Lylia applauds.
Saffrey applauds.
Raethir applauds.
Edanthiel applauds.
Maetriks applauds.
Yenko applauds.
Durakar applauds.

Speaking in Faendryl, Saffrey says, "Rather brutal I should say. Limbs flying and whatnot."
Saffrey appears to be trying hard not to grin.

A shrill screech pierces the air as a scarred battle griffin dives from above!
Brutish hesitates, his eyes wide with fear!

Brutish throws his head back and howls!

A scarred battle griffin swoops down from high overhead!
A scarred battle griffin tries to spear Brutish with its beak!
  AS: +435 vs DS: +624 with AvD: +13 + d100 roll: +56 = -120
   A clean miss.
Lylia gasps.
A scarred battle griffin tries to bite Brutish!
  AS: +435 vs DS: +624 with AvD: +7 + d100 roll: +10 = -172
   A clean miss.
A scarred battle griffin rakes at Brutish with a razor-sharp claw!
  AS: +445 vs DS: +624 with AvD: +7 + d100 roll: +71 = -101
   A clean miss.
A scarred battle griffin rakes at Brutish with a razor-sharp claw!
  AS: +445 vs DS: +624 with AvD: +7 + d100 roll: +88 = -84
   A clean miss.

Brutish stares down a scarred battle griffin and lets out an eerie, modulating cry! 
A scarred battle griffin is unaffected! 

A scarred battle griffin tries to bite Brutish!
  AS: +435 vs DS: +624 with AvD: +7 + d100 roll: +13 = -169
   A clean miss.
Brutish swings a veniom-hafted silvery rolaren waraxe at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +476 vs DS: +323 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +58 = +243
   ... and hits for 44 points of damage!
   Blow leaves an imprint on the battle griffin's chest!
 ** Brutish's silvery rolaren waraxe sprays forth a shower of pure water! **

A scarred battle griffin tries to spear Brutish with its beak!
  AS: +435 vs DS: +624 with AvD: +13 + d100 roll: +65 = -111
   A clean miss.

Brutish swings a veniom-hafted silvery rolaren waraxe at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +476 vs DS: +323 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +41 = +226
   ... and hits for 39 points of damage!
   Slash to the battle griffin's left leg hits high!
   Kinda makes your knees weak, huh?

Speaking in Faendryl, Maetriks asks, "Which is worse... limbs flying or eye piercings?"

A scarred battle griffin tries to bite Brutish!
  AS: +435 vs DS: +388 with AvD: +7 + d100 roll: +69 = +123
   ... and hits for 3 points of damage!
   Quick slash at Brutish's left eye.
   Strike lands but misses the target.

Brutish chuckles.

A scarred battle griffin tries to bite Brutish!
  AS: +435 vs DS: +624 with AvD: +7 + d100 roll: +53 = -129
   A clean miss.

Brutish swings a veniom-hafted silvery rolaren waraxe at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +476 vs DS: +311 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +11 = +208
   ... and hits for 29 points of damage!
   A feeble blow to the battle griffin's left arm!

[Roll result: -189 (open d100: 66)]
Brutish attempts to feint low, but fails miserably, leaving himself vulnerable and off-balance.

A scarred battle griffin tries to spear Brutish with its beak!
  AS: +425 vs DS: +388 with AvD: +13 + d100 roll: +72 = +122
   ... and hits for 3 points of damage!
   Tickled Brutish's back muscles.  Minor lumbago.

Brutish swings a veniom-hafted silvery rolaren waraxe at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +476 vs DS: +295 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +86 = +299
   ... and hits for 57 points of damage!
   Strike to the eye clips the eyebrow.

A scarred battle griffin rakes at Brutish with a razor-sharp claw!
  AS: +435 vs DS: +388 with AvD: +7 + d100 roll: +87 = +141
   ... and hits for 4 points of damage!
   A nice bruise to Brutish's neck!

A scarred battle griffin rakes at Brutish with a razor-sharp claw!
  AS: +435 vs DS: +388 with AvD: +7 + d100 roll: +1 = +55
   A clean miss.

Brutish looks determined and focused.

In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Brutish engages a scarred battle griffin in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
Brutish swings a veniom-hafted silvery rolaren waraxe at a scarred battle griffin!
The battle griffin dodges just in the nick of time!

Brutish swings a veniom-hafted silvery rolaren waraxe at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +476 vs DS: +283 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +26 = +251
   ... and hits for 44 points of damage!
   Blow raises a welt on the battle griffin's right arm.

Brutish swings a veniom-hafted silvery rolaren waraxe at a scarred battle griffin!
The battle griffin moves at the last moment to evade the attack!

A scarred battle griffin rakes at Brutish with a razor-sharp claw!
  AS: +425 vs DS: +388 with AvD: +7 + d100 roll: +33 = +77
   A clean miss.
A scarred battle griffin rakes at Brutish with a razor-sharp claw!
  AS: +425 vs DS: +388 with AvD: +7 + d100 roll: +61 = +105
   ... and hits for 1 point of damage!
   A feeble blow to Brutish's left arm!

Speaking in Faendryl, Livius says, "Limbs flying is definitely more brutish."
Livius nods once.
Speaking in Faendryl, Livius says, "There's so much more blood."

Lylia grins at Livius.
Edanthiel nods in agreement at Livius.

Brutish swings a veniom-hafted silvery rolaren waraxe at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +476 vs DS: +270 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +92 = +330
   ... and hits for 70 points of damage!
   Slash to the battle griffin's right arm!
   Slices neatly through the skin and meets bone!
 ** Necrotic energy from Brutish's silvery rolaren waraxe flares up momentarily! **

   Brutish appears to gain succour from the unnatural energy!

A scarred battle griffin tries to bite Brutish!
  AS: +415 vs DS: +388 with AvD: +7 + d100 roll: +98 = +132
   ... and hits for 4 points of damage!
   Hit glances off Brutish's hip.

Brutish swings a veniom-hafted silvery rolaren waraxe at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +476 vs DS: +270 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +39 = +277
   ... and hits for 58 points of damage!
   Smash to the kneecap.

A scarred battle griffin tries to bite Brutish!
  AS: +405 vs DS: +624 with AvD: +7 + d100 roll: +6 = -206
   A clean miss.

Brutish swings a veniom-hafted silvery rolaren waraxe at a scarred battle griffin!
The battle griffin dodges just in the nick of time!

Surprisingly, Brutish manages to effortlessly reverse his momentum and strike again!

Brutish swings a veniom-hafted silvery rolaren waraxe at a scarred battle griffin!
  AS: +476 vs DS: +255 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +78 = +331
   ... and hits for 82 points of damage!
   Flesh ripped from back, muscles exposed.
The battle griffin crashes to the ground, motionless.

Livius grins.

Brutish searches a scarred battle griffin.
The battle griffin decays into a pile of feathers and fur.

You applaud.

Brutish put a veniom-hafted silvery rolaren waraxe with a dragon's-tear diamond set in its haft in his spidersilk cloak.

Speaking in Faendryl, Livius says, "There it is."

Brutish picks up a blue sapphire.
Brutish put a blue sapphire in his spidersilk cloak.
Brutish removes a veniom-hafted silvery rolaren waraxe with a dragon's-tear diamond set in its haft from in his spidersilk cloak.

Novra applauds.
Lylia lets out a cheer!
Saffrey applauds.
Lylia surveys the area.
Melikor nods.
Arku applauds.
Lylia folds her hands in her lap.
Melikor applauds.
Yenko applauds.
Raethir lets out a cheer!
Edanthiel applauds.

Interlocking his fingers above his head, Brutish stretches slowly, extending his spine in a satisfying stretch.
Brutish turns his shoulders to the left in a long, slow stretch.
Brutish turns his shoulders to the right in a long, slow stretch.

Raethir yells in Faendryl, "A brutish display!"

Lylia grins at Raethir.
Livius grins at Raethir.

Blade Schalyne just arrived.

Brutish twists his head slightly, cracking his neck.  He looks relieved.

Brutish turns to face Schalyne.

Brutish bows to Schalyne.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "You have shown us every aspect of your warrior training, and those masters have served you well."

Livius nods approvingly.

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "Impressive in its raw strength."

Edanthiel nods at Arku.
Raethir nods at Arku.

Speaking in Faendryl, Brutish quietly says, "All Glory and Honor the Patriarch."

Speaking in Faendryl, Raethir says, "A versatile group."

Schalyne nods.

Brutish nods.

Lylia smiles.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Follow."
Blade Schalyne just went out.

Brutish just went out.

You nod at Raethir.
Return to the top of this page.

Epilogue

Blade Schalyne just arrived.

Schalyne recites in Faendryl:

    "All four candidates have demonstrated their skills with their chosen weapon."

Livius nods approvingly.

Schalyne recites in Faendryl:

    "The candidates will be in the antechamber in moments if you wish to greet them."

Blade Schalyne just went out.

Cinnealk stands up.
Novra stands up.
You stand back up.
Raethir stands up.
Tysong stands up.
Raethir nods eagerly at Edanthiel.
Pris turns around.
Edanthiel stands up.
Lylia stands up.
Tysong just went west.
Pris just went west.
Yenko stands up.
Edanthiel smiles.
Livius stands up.
Melikor stands up.
Saffrey stands up.
Maetriks stands up.
>w
[Academy Nexus, Hallway]
Beautiful alabaster stone is fitted together almost perfectly with barely a seam showing.  Passageways break off leading in other directions.  A glowing portal hovers above the floor, a bright sandy area can be seen on the other side.  Several iron sconces are set into the walls and fitted with golden-hued candles.  A wide variety of weapons hang on either side of the corridor with several shields interspersed between them.
Also here: Pris
Obvious exits: northeast, east, southwest
Novra just arrived.
Cinnealk just arrived.
>sw
[Academy Nexus, Antechamber]
Grand tapestries cover the walls of the chamber.  Their bright colors of the fabric create a sharp contrast to the pale stone.  A pair of cushioned benches flank some double mistwood doors whose silver hue is accented by wrought iron fixtures.  You also see a long ebonwood table with some stuff on it.
Also here: Moxslayer, Novra, Livius, Melikor, Saffrey, Cinnealk, Lady Alasatia, Melivn, Raethir, Blade Arku, Edanthiel, Pris, Tysong
Obvious exits: northeast, south

Speaking in Faendryl, Novra says, "That was quite a showing."

Edanthiel nods in agreement at Novra.
Edanthiel smiles.
Raethir nods at Novra.
Melikor agrees with Novra.

Speaking in Faendryl, Novra says, "It must have been frustrating to be 
calmed."
Novra wrinkles her nose.

Speaking in Faendryl, Raethir says, "Impressive, all of them."

Novra agrees with Raethir.

Speaking in Faendryl to Novra, Saffrey says, "I did not realize orcs could be that clever."

Novra nods at Saffrey.
Arku appears to be trying hard not to grin.
Edanthiel grins at Arku.

Blade Mishrac just arrived.

Speaking in Faendryl to Saffrey, Novra says, "The Grimswarm orcs are, regularly, I hear."

Speaking in Faendryl, Moxslayer says, "She had a calm fierceness to her battle."

You see Blade Mishrac Faendryl the Palestra.
He appears to be a Dark Elf.
He is tall.  He appears to be mature.  He has twitching stormy grey eyes and nut brown skin.  He has chin length, tangled black hair worn in elaborate braids.  He has a pinched face, a small nose and thin lips.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a lor triskele inset with three gold-veined despanals, a pale silk tunic, some ebon mithril plate, a dark leather sheath inlaid with slivers of faenor, some pale leather leggings, and some ebon suede boots.

Speaking in Faendryl to Novra, Saffrey asks, "An entire camp of them? However does one stand the stench?"
Saffrey wrinkles her nose.

Lylia nods at Saffrey.

Speaking in Faendryl to Saffrey, Novra says, "I have never been inside one."
Novra shrugs at Saffrey.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "This might help."
Lylia waves her open fan toward Saffrey, wrapping her in a gentle breeze.

Alasatia grins at Lylia.

Speaking in Faendryl, Edanthiel says, "That's why you murder them. It helps clear out the smell."
Speaking in Faendryl, Edanthiel adds, "Also, fire."

Speaking in Faendryl, Raethir says, "They employ quite an array of tactics, and are as organized as any army of men or elves."

Lylia nods in agreement at Edanthiel.
Lylia smiles quietly to herself.
Novra nods respectfully at Mishrac.

Speaking in Faendryl, Raethir adds, "And that's why the Guardians are such a necessary force in those regions."

Saffrey nods thoughtfully.
Edanthiel gazes with interest at Mishrac.

Blade Schalyne just arrived.

Speaking in Faendryl, Saffrey says, "I confess, the only orcs I have faced thus far are prone to falling on their knees and squealing like little pigs."

Brutish just arrived.

Mishrac nods.

Speaking in Faendryl to Raethir, Lylia asks, "Do you feel a bit more prepared now that you have seen part of these Trials?"

Synathaesia just arrived.

Lylia turns around.
Lylia applauds Brutish.
Lady Maetriks's group just arrived.

Brutish bows.
Speaking in Faendryl, Brutish quietly says, "Thank you all for your support."

Edanthiel smiles at Brutish.

Divyne's group just arrived.

Novra grins.

Raethir grins at Brutish.
Saffrey nods respectfully at Brutish.
Edanthiel grins at Divyne.

Speaking in Faendryl to Brutish, Melikor says, "Well done."

Edanthiel smiles at Hypolita.
Melikor nods at Brutish.

Speaking in Faendryl to Synathaesia, Melivn says, "That was a clean sweep of all your foes...."

Raethir glances between Divyne and Hypolita.
Brutish nods at Melivn.
Divyne grins at Edanthiel.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia echoes, "Yes, well done, all of you."

Speaking in Faendryl, Novra says, "Aye, well done."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "The toughest trials are to come."

Brutish adopts an agreeable expression.
Edanthiel nods in agreement at Divyne.

Speaking in Faendryl to Melivn, Synathaesia says, "Thank you.  There was a minorly irritating spell that got cast, though overall, I am happy with my performance."

Edanthiel winks at Divyne.

Speaking in Faendryl to Melivn, Synathaesia asks, "Remember when you used to take me out into the field?"


Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "Tomorrow we shall see what you are truly made of."

Speaking in Faendryl to Synathaesia, you say, "You are impressively quick."

Speaking approvingly in Faendryl to Hypolita, Pris whispers aloud, "Your style was impressive."

Melivn nods at Synathaesia.
Brutish appears to be trying hard not to grin.
Pris nods once at Hypolita.
Lylia nods to you.
Lylia smiles at Raethir.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "I think more of my trainees need to learn some of your forms."
Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "Especially yours."
Mishrac nods at Hypolita.

Speaking in Faendryl to you, Synathaesia says, "Thank you."

Speaking in Faendryl to Brutish, you say, "I enjoyed the shield bashing. Not enough are trained in the art of the shield."

Hypolita blushes a dark red shade at Mishrac.

Speaking in Faendryl, Brutish quietly says, "A protector first."

Novra smiles.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "It was quite a surprise. Bigger surprise for the orc."

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Mishrac, Hypolita says, "You do me a great honor, I only know what I have been taught."

Lylia snickers.
Hypolita glances at Arku.
Edanthiel smiles at Hypolita.
Saffrey chuckles.

Edanthiel nods in agreement at Hypolita.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "A demon is much different than an orc. I hope you will use your time between now and then to prepare."

Brutish nods at Schalyne.
Synathaesia nods once.

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Schalyne, Arku says, "We will be training long into the night."

Divyne groans.
Divyne glances at Arku.

Schalyne smirks.

Saffrey smiles at Divyne.
Lylia shifts her eyes to Divyne.
Edanthiel grins at Divyne.
Brutish grins at Divyne.
Arku chuckles.
Lylia flashes a quick grin.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Perhaps this one should be a Master."

Novra grins.
Xorus whispers something to Lylia.
Edanthiel whispers something to Divyne.
Edanthiel begins chortling at Divyne.
Lylia nods at Schalyne.
Raethir grins at Arku.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "He sounds like you."
Schalyne nods at Mishrac.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "It is a requirement."

Brutish adopts an agreeable expression.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia asks, "Are you all eager for tomorrow's trials?"
Lylia raises an eyebrow.

Brutish adopts an agreeable expression.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "So quiet."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "They must be deep in thought."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "It can be a reflective time as well."

Speaking in Faendryl to Lylia, Saffrey says, "I hope to hear all about them."

Speaking in Faendryl, Brutish quietly says, "I'm trying to decide if this merlot will take away my edge."

Speaking in Faendryl, Melivn asks, "Kind of demons we gonna see tomorrow?"

Speaking in Faendryl, Synathaesia says, "I am terrified, if I am to be honest."

Speaking in Faendryl to Saffrey, Lylia says, "I shall be sure to watch it all and tell you about it."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Big ones."

Brutish adopts an agreeable expression.

Speaking in Faendryl, Melivn says, "Nice."

Speaking in Faendryl to Synathaesia, Lylia says, "As direct with your words as your arrows."

Pris sets her mouth in a thin line of disapproval.
Saffrey smiles at Lylia.
Lylia smiles.

Speaking in Faendryl, Synathaesia says, "Having never faced demons before... well..."

Brutish raises his dry merlot in a toast!
Speaking in Faendryl, Brutish quietly says, "To the future."
Brutish takes a drink from his dry merlot.

Lylia nods at Brutish.
Raethir smiles at Brutish.

Speaking in Faendryl to Synathaesia, Maetriks says, "Well, there is no shame in dying."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia echoes, "The future."

Lylia raises her dry merlot in a toast!
Raethir raises his dry merlot in a toast!
Brutish adopts an agreeable expression.
Melikor raises his Faendryl chardonnay in a toast!
Lylia takes a drink from her dry merlot.
Raethir takes a drink from his dry merlot.
Melikor takes a drink from his Faendryl chardonnay.
Brutish takes a drink from his dry merlot.
Durakar takes a drink from his Maelshyve shiraz.
Novra smiles quietly to herself.
Synathaesia raises her Faendryl chardonnay in a toast!

Speaking in Faendryl to Synathaesia, Melivn says, "Shes saying that because she dies all the time."

Speaking in Faendryl, Saffrey says, "I should begin my journey home.  All the best to you in your trails tomorrow."

Brutish nods at Saffrey.

Speaking in Faendryl, Brutish quietly says, "Thank you for coming and supporting us."

Speaking in Faendryl to Saffrey, Edanthiel says, "Travel safely."

Saffrey inclines her head.
Saffrey just went south.

Edanthiel smiles at Brutish.

Speaking in Faendryl to Brutish, Lylia says, "I would not have missed it."

Brutish adopts an agreeable expression.

You agree with Lylia.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "Tomorrow will tell all."

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "Well done this day... until tomorrow."
Mishrac bows.

Brutish turns toward Mishrac and renders a sharp salute with his dry merlot.

Maetriks stares unwaveringly at Melivn.
Brutish gazes heavenward.
Pris nods respectfully at Mishrac.

Speaking in Faendryl, Mishrac says, "The other masters and I am eager to see your full potential."

Blade Mishrac just went northeast.

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Lylia, Arku says, "Don't forget the murmuring over those snake skin shoes."
Arku grins at Lylia.

Lylia chuckles.
Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia asks, "Caught that, did you?"
Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "From a couple of the ladies, yes."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia admits, "It was a beautiful creature."

Novra shakes her head.

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "It did not survive long, for certain."

Novra agrees with Lylia.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "The snake was a bit disappointing in its attack."
Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "We will save you the next one for shoes."

Lylia nods gratefully at Schalyne.

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Novra, Arku asks, "Have your convictions on following the path changed any after viewing the first day of trials?"

Speaking in Faendryl, Raethir says, "I don't think that one's skin was in any sort of serviceable shape after Hypolita was done with it."

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Schalyne, Hypolita says, "The trick was to not let it have one."

Speaking in Faendryl, Synathaesia evenly says, "I still didn't like that orc at the end."

Speaking in Faendryl to Durakar, Tysong says, "Your apprentice did well tonight. I hope her skills will prove her well tomorrow as she faces the next part of her trials."

Durakar nods at Tysong.

Speaking in Faendryl to Tysong, Synathaesia says, "Thank you."

Speaking in Faendryl to Arku, Novra says, "No. If anything, it has shown me something of what I can achieve. Your pupils' forms were impressive."

You agree with Novra.
Pris nods in agreement at Novra.
Raethir nods at Novra.
Novra smiles at Arku.

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Novra, Arku says, "The skill is all theirs.  It is easy when you work with good stock."

Divyne blushes a nice shade of dark red.
Novra adopts an agreeable expression.
Hypolita shuffles her feet.

Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "That does not mean you're not training tonight."
Arku glances between Divyne and Hypolita.

Edanthiel starts chortling.
Novra grins.
Divyne cringes.

Speaking in Faendryl to Berkana, Lylia says, "The merlot is spectacular."

Speaking softly in Faendryl to herself, Hypolita says, "I should start drinking now then."

Lylia grins at Hypolita.
Moxslayer agrees with Lylia.
Novra begins chuckling at Hypolita!
Raethir appears to be struggling to keep a straight face as he glances at Hypolita.

Speaking in Faendryl to Durakar, Maetriks murmurs, "Shall we?"

Speaking in Faendryl to Arku, Tysong says, "Less crickets tonight then, they must stay light on their feet for tomorrow."

Lylia grins at Tysong.
Durakar nods at Maetriks.
Arku agrees with Tysong.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "Truly an excellent selection of wines."

Melikor nods at Lylia.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "Possibly the finest I have tasted since Ambassador Tredohal's wine-tasting some time ago."
Lylia chuckles.
Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "I have not forgotten."
Lylia takes a drink from her dry merlot.

Novra glances at a long ebonwood table.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "That does seem long ago."
Speaking in Faendryl, Arku softly says, "That has been some time."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia quips, "I have a long memory for good wines."
Lylia takes a drink from her dry merlot.

Speaking in Faendryl to Durakar, Maetriks says, "After you."
Durakar bows.
Blade Durakar's group just went south.

Arku whispers something to Divyne.
Divyne nods at Arku.

Speaking in Faendryl, Divyne says, "If you will excuse me, I have training to get to."
Divyne grins at Arku.

Edanthiel smiles.
Raethir nods understandingly at Divyne.
Lylia bows to Divyne.

Speaking in Faendryl, Divyne says, "Thank you all for the kind words and for your support."

Speaking in Faendryl, Edanthiel says, "I'm sure we all look forward to seeing both of you again tomorrow."

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "I am never kind; only accurate."
Lylia smiles.

Speaking in Faendryl to Lylia, Divyne asks, "Agree to disagree?"

Lylia raises her voice in merry laughter.

Divyne grins.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "I believe we can do that, yes."

Hypolita starts chortling.
Lylia flashes a quick grin at Divyne.
Raethir rocks back on his heels.

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says, "And I shall overlook that you have all but called me inaccurate."

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Divyne, Hypolita says, "I'll go with you, we've had enough excitement for one night."

Lylia smiles over her wineglass before taking a sip.

Edanthiel starts chortling.
Divyne's face turns slightly pale.
Divyne blushes a nice shade of dark red.
Melikor smiles quietly to himself.

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "I am needed elsewhere, so I will bid you good evening."

Speaking in Faendryl, Schalyne says, "Until tomorrow."

Schalyne bows.
Return to the top of this page.