Talk:Animate Dead (730)
Facts only please. :) Anshou 10:28, 2 January 2006 (CST)
Those are all of the facts, to my knowledge, that anyone knows about the spell. If you want a more simplistic breakdown, there is a page on the Gemstone site I will link to at the beginning of this entry.
Sorry, I think I misunderstood your original post. I suppose I'll simply say that knowing the barebones facts doesn't allow one to use this spell. It's incredibly complicated, and it requires a lot of knowledge to use effectively Plus, I get numerous requests for this guide each week, posting it here will likely draw traffic towards the site. Surely that's not a bad thing.
- My original comment was directed toward ULTHRIPE and the original entry for this article. That being said, I'm not certain that the guide is appropriate as the main entry for the spell. The main article should describe the spell in the simplest and most concise terms possible. It'd be more appropriate to put the guide in an article named Animate Dead (guide), place it in the Guides category, and then link to it from the main article.
- Anshou 11:49, 5 January 2006 (CST)
Detailed command information and how-to is all well and good, but if you want to present a guide, I'd make a separate page for it and link it here on the general spell page. I have a feeling that when people come to edit this (And they will, it's a group wiki after all) you're going to get peeved at people moshing all over your guide. Gyres 09:03, 5 January 2006 (CST)
I think we'd be better served by a more basic overview of the spell with links to various guides or detailed scripts. WELCHA 09:12, 5 January 2006 (CST)
People should feel free to edit information and facts all they want; that's why these things are up here in the first place, right? I have a feeling you've been having a conversation or two with a person whom I requested not to go around editing posts to match a personal preference for style, or maybe it's just a big coincidence. But if people want to link information in the guide to separate pages, I say go ahead; I see nothing wrong with that; I just got lazy after all the time it took to convert the thing in the first place. I'm kind of done with the page though myself.
Sounds like there's agreement then... Now just to determing how best to accomplish the change. Move this one to the guides and create a new article for the concise summary or do a cut/paste to the guide and keep this one? WELCHA 18:19, 6 January 2006 (CST)
- The former would be more elegant and less repetetive, I think. Gyres 21:08, 6 January 2006 (CST)
I was simply under the impression this particular page was intended for reference. To that end, I believe the information should be quick to reference. If you got the impression I was attempting to ravage your work, I apologize because that was not my aim. I think it would be best if this guide were moved to its own page, and this page be more brief, as I originally suggested. ULTHRIPE 02:22, 7 January 2006 (CST)
You were deleting items for stylistic reasons; that's not really what any of us should be doing. You weren't moving it to another page (which I said myself I thought would be a great idea; I was just too lazy). Having said that, someone really needs to get some more info on the 730 page. It's functioning more as a redirect page right now than anything else. Maybe we should copy the SIMU info onto it?
- We shouldn't duplicate anything on the simu site, just link to it. I intend to put some more basics on the page myself, when I get a few minutes to do so. Just a quick "here's what it does, here's what it uses, look here for more." WELCHA 13:41, 8 January 2006 (CST)
- If you think it would be useful, you can put information that's also available on the official website here, it's okay to have the same information in both places (though, of course, copying text verbatim from the site is definitely not allowed). Ildran 15:04, 8 January 2006 (CST)
- Editing for stylistic reasons is still a significant facet of maintaining a wiki. Ensuring the articles in the wiki maintain a consistant style is important. This includes editing for grammar and spelling in addition to editing for unbiased, objective language and factual representation. Anshou 17:40, 8 January 2006 (CST)
Bah, who let you out of your cage? Go back to coding alchemy so I can use these survival ranks.
Jesse, you should sign your comments by placing four tildas (like this ~~~~) after it. As far as the topic of editing your guide I've already apologized (not that I even made changes) and Gyres pointed out to me that we could be spending our time and energy on thousands of pages which remain to be written, instead of arguing over this. If you truly have a problem with people editing your guide (for whatever purpose) I recommend you put it on a different site, as this is a wiki and not a free web hosting site. ULTHRIPE 21:09, 8 January 2006 (CST)
What prompted adding the HSN banner back onto this page? I thought I caught everything that HSN effected when I edited the article a couple days ago, thought it's long enough I might have missed something OM1E5GA (talk) 12:37, 14 September 2015 (CDT)
- (1) I'm not happy that there is no link in here to Sorcerous Lore, Necromancy, and I'd like to integrate the MAL page back in. There's no real reason for the MAL page to be separate when pages like Enchant and Ensorcell go on and on in detail. MAL is not used for anything else but this spell, it should be here. (2) I'd like to include a Usage section, the Components section is a start, but it's not very clear to me when I read it what I need to do to get an animate. (3) Sacrifice channel is in the wrong section. (4) I'm really hoping that there are more changes coming. VANKRASN39 (talk) 13:09, 14 September 2015 (CDT)