I think something might be wrong with the coding of the Cholen page - when I go to it the navigation bar disappears. GREYCROISSANT 01:19, 26 January 2009 (EST)
- Looks fine to me. What browser are you using, might be browser specific? Andreas 14:09, 26 January 2009 (EST)
- It's IE 7.0. And I've used it on several hundred (probably) KP pages and this is the only one that acts up. GREYCROISSANT 17:41, 26 January 2009 (EST)
- Not saying it's not happening, or that you're wrong, just gathering info to determine what is wrong. I've noticed that the navigation bar can get pushed down below the main article at times. Have you scrolled all the way to the bottom to see it is there or is it just completely missing? I had a look at the code on the page and don't see anything in particular that sticks out. Andreas 04:13, 27 January 2009 (EST)
- Also, does it happen on any of the other Arkati pages? Could be a template issue with IE7. Andreas 04:14, 27 January 2009 (EST)
- I just checked. It's getting pushed down like you said, not gone, and I checked about 5 of the other Arkati pages and it was not happening on any of the others I checked. GREYCROISSANT 05:03, 27 January 2009 (EST)
- Well, I fixed it. All I did was move the stub template above the Arkati template. Seems there's something broke in one of the two that causes an issue with the default skin in IE 7 if they're not in the order they are now. The issue didn't happen with the KP skin in IE7, so it must be something pretty specific. I'll leave figuring out the actual problem to someone with more expertise in templates. Andreas 13:32, 27 January 2009 (EST)
Cholen info from monk at Voln Symbol of Restoration task
Today I realized that no information about Cholen's Voln step, Symbol of Restoration, is mentioned on the Cholen page. In the Voln step some information about Cholen is mentioned.
Before completion of task: Keep in mind always that Cholen is a lover of laughter and loves those who know how to laugh well. To complete the seventeenth task, gather an audience and take them to the roof of the museum." The monk continues, "There you must ACT silly and cause them to laugh. If Cholen enjoys what you are doing, he will laugh with you. By this you will know that he is pleased with you. Return here when you have completed this task."
After completion of task: The monk continues, "Well, Cholen is quite the prankster, but he also has a serious side and is a deadly foe. You would rue the day you were at the receiving end of his pale wood longbow." The monk continues, "Now, it is inevitable when fighting the undead that you will be hurt and require healing. Cholen has shown his kindness and taught us how to salve some of the hurts that are sure to befall you in this great conflict. This power will not cure bleeding nor mend visible wounds, but it will restore some of your health to you." The monk formally pronounces, "Now watch carefully and learn the Symbol of Restoration." The monk traces an intricate symbol in the air which seems to glow brightly. The image intensifies and burns itself into your memory. The monk continues, "By concentrating on this Symbol, you will be able to recover some of the health you have lost. Cholen does not grant this ability freely, and will expect favors from you."
My question for you is: would it be better to try to outline what the monk says about Cholen, and post it on the Cholen page? Or better just to refer to the Symbol of Restoration article? Or include it as a link at the bottom of the Cholen page? Thanks for any guidance. FIRENSIA (talk) 07:44, 21 August 2019 (CDT)