Template:Major Spiritual buff spells
The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
The following buff spells are available in the Major Spiritual spell circle. They are generally self-cast limited and can be stacked, unless otherwise noted:
- Spirit Shield (202): +10 DS. Stackable when self-cast, refreshable on others.
- Unpresence (204): Helps target remain hidden, prevents detection via Locate Person (116) and Presence (402). Stackable when self-cast, refreshable on others.
- Purify Air (207): Protects against implosions and poisonous gases. Stackable when self-cast, refreshable on others.
- Untrammel (209): Gives a second attempt when being webbed. Stackable and self-cast limited, this defensive feature is unlocked with 10 ranks of Spiritual Lore, Blessings.
- Bravery (211): +15 AS, plus phantom levels against sheer fear. Self-cast limited without training in blessing lore (and then it's short duration).
- Heroism (215): +25 AS, phantom levels against sheer fear and one mana per minute. Self-cast limited without training in blessing lore (then limited to group, short duration).
- Spell Shield (219): +30 bolt DS, +30 spiritual TD. Self-cast limited without training in blessing lore (then limited to group, short duration).
If these spells are known to you:
- It is typically useful to stack 202, 215 and 219 on yourself while resting and prior to going out for a hunt.
- 204 can be useful in certain situations, such as while hunting creatures with knowledge of Transference (225) such as the Illoke elder.
- 207 and 209 are also helpful in very particular areas but are typically not necessary.
- 211 is useful for those who hunt using physical and bolt AS as well as those who hunt the undead. Those who use CS based attacks and hunt the living might not wish to spend the mana keeping this spell up.
- Keeping 204, 207, 209 and 211 running and stacked does not have any downside apart from the mana cost. A caster might wish to keep these spells running to provide additional targets for dispell.