Spiritual Lore, Blessings
This lore represents a character's knowledge and understanding of various prayers, rituals, and invocations used to beseech the lesser and greater spirits. Those with knowledge of blessings will also earn the power of spells cast upon them as opposed to only magic cast by them.
- For both spells, training in Blessings provides a bonus to your second warding roll. The bonus starts at +2 with 1 rank and reaches +38 at 190 ranks. This is a seed 1 summation (see the Summation Chart).
- Training in Blessings allows the spell to occasionally provide a +25 TD bonus to a warding attempt. The chance for the bonus starts at 1% with 10 ranks and reaches 12% with 186 ranks (a seed 10 summation).
- Training in Blessings provides a flat bonus to this spell's chance to activate. The bonus is 1% at 1 rank and reaches 19% at 190 ranks (a seed 1 summation).
- Training in Blessings provides a chance for this spell to remain active for an additional attack. The chance for the first additional attack starts at 3% with 5 ranks and increases by 3% at each step of a seed 5 summation, reaching 48% at 200 ranks. Each additional attack halves the chance for the spell to remain active.
- Sixty ranks in Blessings allow a caster to bestow this spell on another target for two minutes.
- Training in Blessings causes manna bread to increase maximum mana when consumed. The increase is +5 per step of a seed 10 summation, to a cap of +50 maximum mana at 145 ranks.
- Training in Blessings increases the number of First Aid ranks granted. The increase is +1 per step of a seed 2 summation.
- With ten ranks of Blessings, Untrammel can be self-cast as a persistent effect, providing the caster with an additional warding or maneuver roll against webbing attempts.
- Fifty ranks of Blessings allow a caster to cast this spell on their entire group for one minute. The caster still receives the full duration.
- Sixty-five ranks of Blessings allow a caster to cast this spell on their entire group for one minute. The caster still receives the full duration. In addition, the AS bonus granted to the caster increases by 1 point per ten ranks. For every additional +3 bonus, the mana cost of the spell increases by 1 MP.
- Eighty ranks of Blessings allow a caster to cast this spell on their entire group for two minutes. The caster still receives the full duration.
- Forty ranks of Blessings allow a caster to bestow this spell on another for two minutes.
- Each rank of Blessings adds one swing. 40 ranks will allow a blessed weapon to anchor non-corporeal undead.
- Each rank of Blessings adds fifteen seconds of duration.
- Training in Blessings provides a chance for this spell to provide a +15 AS bonus on a given attack. The chance is 1% with 6 ranks and reaches 15% at 195 ranks. This is a seed 6 summation.
- Each rank of Blessings reduces the cooldown time (for both the living target and dead target versions of the spell) by one second.
- Training in Blessings increases the number of stored charges of holy magic that can be used with EVOKE.
- Training in Blessings increases the duration of the Wisdom/health/mana boost this spell occasionally grants.
- Training in Blessings increases the number of silvers (including those inside boxes) that this spell allows you to carry without burden by 2,000 per step of a seed 5 summation. The mana cost of the spell is also increased by 1 MP per 4,000 additional silvers. Training in Blessings also further reduces the weight of corpses upon whom this spell is cast, making them easier to drag.
- Training in Blessings increases the effectiveness of this spell.
- Training in Blessings provides for a chance to negate subsequent attacks.
- Training in Blessings increases the chance of success when blessing a spell into a gem. This effect caps out at 21 ranks, providing a bonus of about 7-9%. In addition, five ranks in Blessings are required to utilize the first three tiered effects of this spell, while ten ranks are required for the final two. When blessing Chrism into a gem, additional ranks of Blessings beyond the required ten increase the amount of experience retained by 5% per step of a seed 1 summation, beginning with 5% extra (55% total) at 11 ranks of Blessings, and reaching a maximum of 50% extra (100% total experience retention) at 65 ranks.
- 100 ranks of Blessings allow the cleric to attempt to bestow Holy Fire flares on a T5 sanctified armament.
- Training in Blessings adds additional charges to a holy symbol when this spell is used. The bonus is 1 additional charge per 50 points of Blessings skill, rounded down.
- Training in Blessings provides a chance that the cleric will receive a free mana-spellup effect upon being resurrected with a Miracle. The chance is 5% per seed 2 summation, beginning at 5% with 2 ranks and reaching 90% with 189 ranks.
- Training in Blessings increases both the hiding and DS bonuses of this spell. The hiding bonus is a seed 1 summation, starting at +1 with 1 rank and reaching a maximum of +13 at 91 ranks, while the DS bonus is a seed 5 summation, starting at +1 at 5 ranks and reaching a maximum of +10 additional DS at 95 ranks.
- Training in Blessings increases the DS bonus of this spell against fire, ice, and electrical bolt attacks. The bonus is a seed 5 summation, starting at +1 with 5 rank and reaching a maximum of +10 at 95 ranks.
- Training in Blessings provided an additional 1% of skin value on a seed 5 summation of ranks.
- Training in Blessings gives the Ranger a general AS boost equal to the debuff applied, and 60% of that in CS. Last for 2 minutes, refreshable.
- Training in Blessings gives the bolt version of the spell a chance to cause a 4-second immobilization, recurring every 6 seconds at a rate of 1 bonus cycle per 30 ranks.
- Increases duration of ranged weapon effect by +1 second per 12 ranks.
- Training in Blessings provides an additional spiritual TD bonus. The bonus is a seed 5 summation, starting at +1 with 5 ranks and reaching a maximum of +10 at 95 ranks.
- At 5 ranks of Blessings, the Ranger may cast the spell at an imbued wand or rod to create an imbed with Wild Entropy (603), usable only by its creator.
- At 40 ranks, the Ranger receives double the Magic Item Use for using the item created with it.
- Training in Blessings decreases the chance that the Ranger will slip in icy conditions while this spell is active.
- The resistance bonus provided by this spell is 20% + (Blessings ranks)/2, rounded down.
- Blessings increases the statistic bonus provided by an assumed aspect. The bonus is a seed 2 summation, starting at +1 to the relevant stat with 2 ranks and reaching a maximum of +12 at 90 ranks. In addition, Blessings increases your bonus chance to evade, block or parry while in the appropriate aspect by the same amount. It will also increase the RT reduction provided by the aspect of the Yierka by 3% per step of a seed 1 summation, reaching 39% at 91 ranks.
- With all of these spells, Blessings provides a chance that healing a minor wound will also heal scars in that location. The table below shows the minimum required ranks to activate this effect for each type of scar. The chance of success is 20% plus .5% per rank above the required amount.
- Training in Blessings causes this spell to restore stamina once every five minutes. At 15 ranks, this spell restores 25 stamina; at 35 ranks, 50 stamina; and at 65 ranks, all stamina.
- Reduces cooldown by 12 seconds for every rank
- Imprint (empath ability)
- Increases the duration of a successful imprint at a rate of 3 seconds per skill bonus
- Training in Blessings provides additional DS and TD. The benefit is a seed 2 summation, starting at +1 with 2 ranks and reaching +18 at 189 ranks. This also increases the mana cost of this spell by an equal amount.
- Training in Blessings provides an additional 5% duration increase per rank, reaching a maximum of an additional 50% (a total duration increase of 100%) at 10 ranks. Blessings also provides a chance for a second flare by 4% per seed 3 summation.
- Blessings increases the effectiveness of purified manna bread. The maximum mana regeneration rate of purified bread is 3 + (seed 2 summation of Blessings), while the maximum mana pool bonus is 10 + (5 * seed 5 summation of Blessings).
- Note: Using this spell on a magical weapon requires that your Paladin Base ranks and Blessings ranks total at least 15. In addition, each rank of Blessings adds 1 swing to the duration of this spell.
- Training in Blessings increases the immediate health and stamina return of this spell. The benefit is +3 per step of a seed 1 summation, reaching a maximum of an additional +57 health and stamina recovered at 190 ranks.
- Training in Blessings nullifies an additional target's Force on Force for every seed 10 summation while the Beacon of Courage effect is active.
- Training in Blessings adds to the percentage chance to block this spell provides. The benefit is a seed 3 summation, starting at an additional 1% (11% total) at 3 ranks, and reaching an additional 17% (27% total) at 187 ranks.
- Training in Blessings increases the Combat Maneuver rank bonus provided by this spell. The benefit starts at +1 Combat Maneuvers rank with three ranks of Blessings and reaches +17 ranks at 187 Blessings ranks (a seed 3 summation).
- Training in Blessings provides an additional health bonus. The bonus is a seed 1 summation, starting with 1 extra point at 1 rank and reaching 19 extra points at 190 ranks.
- Training in Blessings increases the damage weighting bonus of this spell with physical and magical bolt attacks.
- Training in Blessings increases the chance of a Guiding Light double flare identical to Consecrate (only if the weapon is eligible for Guiding Light flares).
- Training in Blessings increases the resistance of INCARNATE ARMOR 2% using a Seed 5 summation and the number of emergency uses of it per day by one at 50, and 125 ranks.