The Rone Resurgence - 5118-09-01 - The New Rone's Mission

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Revision as of 14:00, 2 September 2018 by FLORANIA (talk | contribs) (Summary)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Imaerasta 1-2, 5118

by Florania and Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier


Summary

  • Krolvin warships approach Wehnimer's Landing and are met with pylon fire from the town docks as Darcena and Lauranathalasa, among others, destroy their ships. In response, they deploy rowboats toward the Black Sands and Puptilian and Dergoatean spearhead the defenses in a ground battle at the beach in an extended, but ultimately successful defense that sees no krolvin get near the gates of town.
  • Back in town, the Rooks are spotted running along rooftops--and the new Rone cuts one down with black-bladed hatchets. The Rooks give chase, firing arrows, but Rone seems to blink in and out of existence as he continues the attack, tearing them apart.
  • Some town defenders break away from the Black Sands to pursue Rone. Leafiara binds him, but to no avail as he seems to reverse time to free himself, then sends her into a temporal rift. Captain Stormyrain puts him to sleep, but again to no avail as he sends a large group of adventurers into a rift.
  • The Rooks catch Rone with a barrage of arrows, killing him--until his wounds reverse and he resurrects, then vanishes. During the continuous pursuit, Mayor Lylia webs him, but once again to no avail as the webbing reverses from him. Another arrow pierces Rone's head, killing him, and the Rooks begin to attack the adventurers gathered near him; however, during the skirmish Rone resurrects and vanishes again.
  • The Rooks corner Rone near Moot Hall, where Pup, Maylan, and Leafi continue to web, bind, and calm him, and Lylia removes his arm, though his wounds continue to heal. A group of adventurers attempts to get answers from him and eventually a weakened Rone says they aren't the enemy, saying he seeks justice against the krolvin and he who armed them--assumed by some in the crowd to refer to Stephos DeArchon. Before he can continue, over two dozen Rooks fire a volley of arrows on the area; however, Rone uses his gauntlets to send himself and everyone gathered into a rift. He rests a hand on Stormyrain's shoulder before wandering off into the rift.

Log

The Krolvin Warships' Approach

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see some stone benches with some stuff on it and an herbal remedy donation bin.

The outlines of dark ships can be seen on the horizon of Darkstone Bay, gliding through the murky waters towards Wehnimer's Landing.

Town militia march by, rolling an imperial wagon and blue-white pylon towards the North Docks.

[Various groups of defenders proceed to the docks to prepare the pylons to fire against probable krolvin ships.]

[Wehnimer's, North Dock]

The dock's planks are dull and weathered from the salt spray of many seasons. Northward beyond the massive sea gates, a flock of ice geese passes, silhouetted against the sky over the dark blue waters of Darkstone Bay. The hulk of a derelict coastal sailer is tethered to the end of the pier. You also see a black imperial wagon with a glowing blue-white pylon on it, the dark waters of Darkstone Bay, a stack of empty crates and a large imperial ship.

As the vessels approach closer, the markings of krolvin warships can be seen. Some of the ships are battered, while others seem unphased from combat.

A flash of blue-white light appears on the North Dock.

[With the pylon now having been prepared, those gathered at the North Dock begin preparing and firing it as the krolvin ships continue their approach.]

Darcena steadies the blue-white pylon and fires! A bolt of brilliant blue-white energy soars out, and strikes the center of a sleek black krolvin warship and causes it to explode in a shower of flames and debris!

A flash of blue-white light appears on the Middle Dock.

Lauranathalasa steadies the blue-white pylon and fires! A bolt of brilliant blue-white energy soars out, and strikes the center of a sleek black krolvin warship and causes it to explode in a shower of flames and debris!

Breaking off from the ships at sea, dozens and dozens of rowboats take to the waters, paddling towards the Black Sands.

Lauranathalasa steadies the blue-white pylon and fires! A bolt of brilliant blue-white energy soars out, and strikes a sleek black krolvin warship, damaging part of it!


Battle at the Black Sands

[Shortly afterward, Dergoatean reports that the krolvin have arrived at the Black Sands. Several of the more front-line-capable Landing defenders break away from the docks to aid in the ground battle.]

[The Black Sands]

A narrow strip of black sand winds between the pulsing sea and the huddled rocks. You look out at the dark waters of the bay, set against the grey sky. With the black sands beneath your feet and the frozen black lava behind you, you feel as though all the color has been blotted out of the world. You also see a tall wooden archery tower and the waters of Darkstone Bay.

Also here: Stormyrain, Chaoswynd, Lord Chamorr, Land Pirate Maylan, Master Neovik, Relic Hunter Madmountan, Lord Darconas, Pietra, High Lady Titaniae, Claudaro, Malifren, Nairdin, Lord Thrassus, Xorus, Mayor Lylia, Shinann, Puptilian

Bristling menacingly, a weathered hulking krolvin warden bounds across the sand!

Evia asks, "Still needs hands?"

Madmountan swings a glowing coraesine mekya ne'rutka at a weathered hulking krolvin warden!

AS: +643 vs DS: +445 with AvD: +44 + d100 roll: +79 = +321

... and hits for 102 points of damage!

Slash strikes the hulking krolvin warden's left eye.

Seems there was a brain there after all.

The hulking krolvin warden slams to the sand, dead as a salmon bear snack.

With a threatening bark, a towering krolvin templar leaps across the sand!

A menacing krolvin destroyer leaps across the sand!

A menacing krolvin warlord leaps across the sand!

Xorus tilts his head slightly and stares straight ahead as he murmurs softly under his breath...

Xorus gestures at a menacing krolvin warlord.

CS: +513 - TD: +475 + CvA: -18 + d100: +10 == +30

Warded off!

A menacing krolvin warlord rushes across the sand!

With a threatening bark, a towering krolvin destroyer rushes across the sand!

Leafiara hums a cheerful tune! Pure white and bold red mana wisps dance about her like wind-borne leaves, then pulse brightly as she sings a sylvan phrase in a strong, clear voice.

Leafiara channels at a menacing krolvin warlord.

Two dim, green globes spring to life in Leafiara's open hands. The orbs leap from Leafiara's hands and dance through the air toward a menacing krolvin warlord!

CS: +511 - TD: +453 + CvA: -18 + d100: +83 == +123

Warding failed!

The orbs squarely impact a menacing krolvin warlord, discharging the green energy over his entire being for 46 points of damage!

The green energy pulses for an additional 32 points of damage ...

... 19 points of damage ...

... dissipating with a final discharge of 9 points of damage!

With a threatening bark, a hulking krolvin destroyer rushes across the sand!

Shadows dance between Lylia's outstretched fingers as she issues a command in archaic Faendryl.

Lylia gestures at a menacing krolvin warlord.

CS: +540 - TD: +475 + CvA: -18 + d100: +70 == +117

Warding failed!

A menacing krolvin warlord twists in great pain!

... 78 points of damage!

With a threatening bark, a hulking krolvin warlord rushes across the sand!

Neovik swings a perfect pale white ice axe at a menacing krolvin warlord!

With no room to spare, the krolvin warlord blocks the attack with his wooden shield!

A hulking krolvin warlord bounds across the sand!

Pietra swings a perfect mithril backslasher at a menacing krolvin warlord!

AS: +489 vs DS: +261 with AvD: +10 + d100 roll: +84 = +322

... and hits for 48 points of damage!

Awkward slash to the krolvin warlord's stomach!

Everyone needs another belly button.

Malifren's hands glow with power as he summons elemental energy to his command...

Malifren gestures at a menacing krolvin warlord.

Malifren hurls a seething blast of steam at a menacing krolvin warlord!

AS: +315 vs DS: +234 with AvD: +22 + d100 roll: +86 = +189

... and hits for 28 points of damage!

The krolvin warlord flinches from the spurt of hot steam to his right arm.

A grizzled krolvin warlord swaggers across the sand!

Bristling menacingly, a hulking krolvin triggerman rushes across the sand!

Evia swings a steel-linked ora morning star at a menacing krolvin warlord!

AS: +588 vs DS: +249 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +22 = +380

... and hits for 73 points of damage!

Smash to the kneecap.

The krolvin warlord hits the sand with a less than elegant thud.

Madmountan swings a glowing coraesine mekya ne'rutka at a hulking krolvin warlord!

AS: +643 vs DS: +345 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +93 = +420

... and hits for 108 points of damage!

Quick flick slashes the hulking krolvin warlord's forehead!

Claudaro whispers the words to his spell, tracing his fingers across the sky. A vibrant stream of rainbow colors burst forth, streaming alongside his motions before dispersing into an imperceptible mist.

Claudaro gestures.

Swirling ribbons of fiery red, deep blue, earthen brown, and airy white energy rise up from the ground and surround Claudaro. They linger for a brief moment, then explode into a shower of sparks!

[Claudaro's spell here is Core Tap, so in the interest of brevity I have cut out the repetitive preps and gestures and only shown the results.

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a hulking krolvin triggerman!

The hulking krolvin triggerman dodges just in the nick of time!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a grizzled krolvin warlord!

The krolvin warlord dodges just in the nick of time!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a hulking krolvin warlord!

AS: +541 vs DS: +243 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +14 = +338

... and hits for 112 points of damage!

Nasty burns to abdomen, a hulking krolvin warlord shrieks in pain!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a hulking krolvin warlord!

AS: +541 vs DS: +313 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +19 = +273

... and hits for 67 points of damage!

Burst of flames to right hand fries palm. Ouch!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a hulking krolvin destroyer!

The hulking krolvin destroyer gracefully avoids the bolt!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a towering krolvin destroyer!

The krolvin destroyer skillfully dodges the bolt!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a menacing krolvin warlord!

The krolvin warlord evades the bolt by inches!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a menacing krolvin destroyer!

AS: +541 vs DS: +405 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +79 = +253

... and hits for 65 points of damage!

Burst of flames to left arm burns skin bright red.

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a towering krolvin templar!

The krolvin templar deflects the bolt with his staff!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a hulking krolvin triggerman!

The hulking krolvin triggerman dodges just in the nick of time!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a grizzled krolvin warlord!

The krolvin warlord barely dodges the bolt!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a hulking krolvin warlord!

AS: +541 vs DS: +230 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +16 = +353

... and hits for 117 points of damage!

Abdomen bursts into flames. Would be funny without the blood.

The hulking krolvin warlord slams to the sand, dead as a salmon bear snack.

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a hulking krolvin warlord!

AS: +541 vs DS: +313 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +26 = +280

... and hits for 74 points of damage!

Burst of flames to right leg burns skin bright red.

Some of the flames from the stream of fire linger around a hulking krolvin warlord.

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a hulking krolvin destroyer!

The hulking krolvin destroyer gracefully avoids the bolt!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a towering krolvin destroyer!

The krolvin destroyer evades the bolt by a hair!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a menacing krolvin warlord!

The krolvin warlord gracefully avoids the bolt!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a menacing krolvin destroyer!

The krolvin destroyer barely dodges the bolt!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a towering krolvin templar!

AS: +541 vs DS: +472 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +58 = +165

... and hits for 37 points of damage!

Minor burns to head. That hurt a bit.

Some of the flames from the stream of fire linger around a towering krolvin templar.

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a hulking krolvin triggerman!

AS: +541 vs DS: +468 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +28 = +139

... and hits for 31 points of damage!

Minor burns to abdomen. Looks painful.

Claudaro's illthorn staff surges with power as crimson radiance coalesces around it!

... 20 points of damage!

Light burns to the hulking krolvin triggerman's head.

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a grizzled krolvin warlord!

AS: +541 vs DS: +372 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +83 = +278

... and hits for 74 points of damage!

Minor burns to abdomen. Looks painful.

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a hulking krolvin warlord!

AS: +541 vs DS: +288 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +5 = +284

... and hits for 80 points of damage!

Burst of flames to abdomen toasts skin nicely.

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a hulking krolvin destroyer!

AS: +541 vs DS: +478 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +5 = +106

... and hits for 15 points of damage!

Burst of flame to left hand singes knuckles.

Claudaro's illthorn staff surges with power as crimson radiance coalesces around it!

... 10 points of damage!

Light burns to the hulking krolvin destroyer's leg.

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a towering krolvin destroyer!

The krolvin destroyer evades the bolt with ease!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a menacing krolvin warlord!

AS: +541 vs DS: +375 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +66 = +258

... and hits for 67 points of damage!

Minor burns to abdomen. Looks painful.

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a menacing krolvin destroyer!

AS: +541 vs DS: +399 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +90 = +270

... and hits for 83 points of damage!

Burst of flames to chest toasts skin nicely.

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a towering krolvin templar!

AS: +541 vs DS: +470 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +53 = +162

... and hits for 28 points of damage!

Blast of flames to back. More bother than pain.

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a hulking krolvin triggerman!

AS: +541 vs DS: +448 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +33 = +164

... and hits for 37 points of damage!

Blast of hot air to head dries foe's hair.

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a grizzled krolvin warlord!

By amazing chance, the krolvin warlord evades the bolt!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a hulking krolvin warlord!

AS: +541 vs DS: +276 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +39 = +330

... and hits for 97 points of damage!

Burst of flames char abdomen a crispy black.

The hulking krolvin warlord hits the sand with a less than elegant thud.

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a hulking krolvin destroyer!

AS: +541 vs DS: +457 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +100 = +222

... and hits for 61 points of damage!

Minor burns to chest. That hurts a bit.

Claudaro's illthorn staff surges with power as crimson radiance coalesces around it!

... 20 points of damage!

Minor burns to the hulking krolvin destroyer's weapon arm.

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a towering krolvin destroyer!

The krolvin destroyer evades the bolt by inches!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a menacing krolvin warlord!

The krolvin warlord evades the bolt by inches!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a menacing krolvin destroyer!

The krolvin destroyer moves at the last moment to evade the bolt!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a towering krolvin templar!

AS: +541 vs DS: +470 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +70 = +179

... and hits for 44 points of damage!

Minor burns to chest. That hurts a bit.

Claudaro's illthorn staff surges with power as crimson radiance coalesces around it!

... 10 points of damage!

Minor burns to the krolvin templar's shield arm.

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a hulking krolvin triggerman!

AS: +541 vs DS: +429 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +1 = +151

... and hits for 35 points of damage!

Minor burns to chest. That hurts a bit.

Claudaro's illthorn staff surges with power as crimson radiance coalesces around it!

... 25 points of damage!

Light burns to the hulking krolvin triggerman's leg.

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a grizzled krolvin warlord!

AS: +541 vs DS: +372 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +44 = +239

... and hits for 59 points of damage!

Minor burns to abdomen. Looks painful.

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a hulking krolvin destroyer!

AS: +541 vs DS: +437 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +81 = +223

... and hits for 56 points of damage!

Minor burns to left arm. That hurts a bit.

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a towering krolvin destroyer!

The krolvin destroyer moves at the last moment to evade the bolt!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a menacing krolvin warlord!

AS: +541 vs DS: +375 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +7 = +199

... and hits for 48 points of damage!

Minor burns to abdomen. Looks painful.

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a menacing krolvin destroyer!

The krolvin destroyer dodges just in the nick of time!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a towering krolvin templar!

The krolvin templar deflects the bolt with his staff!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a hulking krolvin triggerman!

The hulking krolvin triggerman dodges just in the nick of time!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a grizzled krolvin warlord!

AS: +541 vs DS: +357 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +87 = +297

... and hits for 85 points of damage!

Burst of flames to back toasts skin nicely.

Claudaro's illthorn staff surges with power as crimson radiance coalesces around it!

... 15 points of damage!

Minor burns to the krolvin warlord's shield arm.

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a hulking krolvin destroyer!

The hulking krolvin destroyer evades the bolt by inches!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a towering krolvin destroyer!

AS: +541 vs DS: +472 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +53 = +160

... and hits for 34 points of damage!

Minor burns to abdomen. Looks painful.

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a menacing krolvin warlord!

AS: +541 vs DS: +358 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +62 = +271

... and hits for 82 points of damage!

Burst of flames to back fries shoulder blades. Youch!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a menacing krolvin destroyer!

AS: +541 vs DS: +379 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +77 = +277

... and hits for 79 points of damage!

Right hand fried to a crisp. Think barbecue sauce.

The krolvin destroyer is stunned!

Claudaro hurls a stream of fire at a towering krolvin templar!

AS: +541 vs DS: +465 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +76 = +190

... and hits for 51 points of damage!

Minor burns to right leg. That hurts a bit.

Claudaro's illthorn staff surges with power as crimson radiance coalesces around it!

... 20 points of damage!

Searing strike to back causes the krolvin templar to grunt in pain.

Shinann appears to be focusing her thoughts while chanting softly...

Shinann gestures at a menacing krolvin destroyer.

Shinann concentrates intently on a menacing krolvin destroyer, and a pulse of pearlescent energy ripples toward him!

CS: +506 - TD: +467 + CvA: +15 + d100: +70 == +124

Warding failed!

The krolvin destroyer shudders with moderate convulsions as pearlescent ripples envelop his body.

The krolvin destroyer is battered for 37 points of damage!

... 15 points of damage!

Stubs left hand finger.

... 5 points of damage!

Blow to back connects lightly.

Melikor traces a burning rune into the air, melding the spiritual and elemental powers by sheer force of will.

Melikor gestures at a menacing krolvin destroyer.

Melikor's illthorn staff glows intensely with a verdant light!

CS: +528 - TD: +500 + CvA: +15 + d100: +69 == +112

Warding failed!

A menacing krolvin destroyer shudders in pain.

... 69 points of damage!

The krolvin destroyer falls to the sand motionless.

Madmountan swings a glowing coraesine mekya ne'rutka at a menacing krolvin warlord!

The krolvin warlord gracefully avoids the attack!

Chamorr looks determined and focused.

In a breathtaking display of ability and combat mastery, Chamorr whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!

Chamorr swings a chromatic glaes broadsword at a hulking krolvin triggerman!

AS: +603 vs DS: +555 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +53 = +134

... and hits for 13 points of damage!

Glancing strike to the head!

Chamorr swings a chromatic glaes broadsword at a grizzled krolvin warlord!

With blinding speed, the krolvin warlord dodges the attack!

Chamorr swings a chromatic glaes broadsword at a hulking krolvin destroyer!

The hulking krolvin destroyer skillfully interposes his broadsword between himself and the incoming strike, deflecting it harmlessly to the side!

Chamorr swings a chromatic glaes broadsword at a towering krolvin destroyer!

AS: +603 vs DS: +605 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +48 = +79

A clean miss.

Chamorr swings a chromatic glaes broadsword at a menacing krolvin warlord!

The krolvin warlord skillfully deflects the attack with his claidhmore!

Chamorr swings a chromatic glaes broadsword at a towering krolvin templar!

AS: +603 vs DS: +523 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +1 = +114

... and hits for 3 points of damage!

Close shave!

The krolvin templar takes a quick step back.

Necrotic energy from Chamorr's glaes broadsword flares up momentarily!

Chamorr appears to gain succour from the unnatural energy!

Greenish-black flames spring to life in Lylia's hand...

Lylia gestures at a menacing krolvin warlord.

Lylia hurls a ball of greenish-black flame at a menacing krolvin warlord!

AS: +427 vs DS: +343 with AvD: +12 + d100 roll: +10 = +106

... and hits for 12 points of damage!

The krolvin warlord's weapon arm is instantly tanned by a near miss.

Lylia's clockwork staff surges with power as crimson radiance coalesces around it!

... 15 points of damage!

Loose arm hold.

The ball of greenish-black flame strikes a menacing krolvin warlord, blossoming into a much larger sphere of flame upon impact.

... 10 points of damage!

Pinpoint strike sears the krolvin warlord's chest.

A burst of flame from Lylia's ball of greenish-black flame flies off towards a hulking krolvin triggerman but misses by a long shot!

A burst of flame from Lylia's ball of greenish-black flame flies off towards a grizzled krolvin warlord but misses by a long shot!

A burst of flame from Lylia's ball of greenish-black flame flies off towards a hulking krolvin destroyer but misses by a long shot!

Lylia's clockwork staff releases a quivering wave of disruption!

... 15 points of damage!

Strike to the krolvin warlord's back causes minor spasms.

Leafiara looks determined and focused.

In a breathtaking display of ability and combat mastery, Leafiara whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!

Leafiara punches with a perfect white ora kunai at a hulking krolvin triggerman!

The hulking krolvin triggerman dodges just in the nick of time!

Leafiara punches with a perfect white ora kunai at a grizzled krolvin warlord!

At the last moment, the krolvin warlord parries the blow with his awl-pike!

Leafiara punches with a perfect white ora kunai at a hulking krolvin destroyer!

AS: +527 vs DS: +556 with AvD: +44 + d100 roll: +4 = +19

A clean miss.

Leafiara punches with a perfect white ora kunai at a towering krolvin destroyer!

In the nick of time, the krolvin destroyer interposes her mace between herself and the blow!

Leafiara punches with a perfect white ora kunai at a menacing krolvin warlord!

The krolvin warlord evades the attack with incredible finesse!

Leafiara punches with a perfect white ora kunai at a towering krolvin templar!

AS: +527 vs DS: +523 with AvD: +44 + d100 roll: +10 = +58

A clean miss.

Xorus tilts his head slightly and stares straight ahead as he murmurs softly under his breath...

Xorus gestures at a menacing krolvin warlord.

CS: +513 - TD: +462 + CvA: -13 + d100: +76 == +114

Warding failed!

A menacing krolvin warlord twists in great pain!

... 78 points of damage!

The krolvin warlord spins to the sand, dead as an iced halibut.

[Roll result: 183 (open d100: 95)]

A hulking krolvin destroyer reverses his broadsword and swings the blunt end at Ysharra's head!

Ysharra steps back shaking her head, looking quite dazed!

A towering krolvin templar drags himself east.

Stormyrain swings a dark oak-hafted waraxe at a hulking krolvin destroyer!

AS: +609 vs DS: +334 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +82 = +394

... and hits for 118 points of damage!

Neck removed, head falls to the ground.

The hulking krolvin destroyer flattens out on the sand, dead as a salted flounder.

Pietra looks determined and focused.

In a breathtaking display of ability and combat mastery, Pietra whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!

Pietra swings a perfect mithril backslasher at a hulking krolvin triggerman!

AS: +505 vs DS: +502 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +23 = +50

A clean miss.

Pietra swings a perfect mithril backslasher at a grizzled krolvin warlord!

The krolvin warlord gracefully avoids the attack!

Madmountan swings a glowing coraesine mekya ne'rutka at a hulking krolvin triggerman!

AS: +643 vs DS: +502 with AvD: +44 + d100 roll: +94 = +279

... and hits for 77 points of damage!

Slash to the hulking krolvin triggerman's right arm!

Slices neatly through the skin and meets bone!

The hulking krolvin triggerman is stunned!

Dergoatean thrusts with a silvery blue mithril pike at a hulking krolvin triggerman!

AS: +618 vs DS: +463 with AvD: +52 + d100 roll: +42 = +249

... and hits for 104 points of damage!

Well aimed strike shatters bone in right arm!

The hulking krolvin triggerman slams to the sand, dead as a salmon bear snack.

Neovik looks determined and focused.

In a breathtaking display of ability and combat mastery, Neovik whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!

Neovik swings a perfect pale white ice axe at a grizzled krolvin warlord!

The krolvin warlord gracefully avoids the attack!

Neovik swings a perfect pale white ice axe at a towering krolvin destroyer!

The krolvin destroyer gracefully avoids the attack!

>look

[The Black Sands]

A narrow strip of black sand winds between the pulsing sea and the huddled rocks. You look out at the dark waters of the bay, set against the grey sky. With the black sands beneath your feet and the frozen black lava behind you, you feel as though all the color has been blotted out of the world. You also see a hulking krolvin triggerman that appears dead, a grizzled krolvin warlord, a hulking krolvin warlord that appears dead, a hulking krolvin warlord that appears dead, a hulking krolvin destroyer that appears dead, a towering krolvin destroyer, a menacing krolvin warlord that appears dead, a menacing krolvin warlord that appears dead, a menacing krolvin destroyer that appears dead, a weathered hulking krolvin warden that appears dead, a floating black eye that is flying around, a snow white raven that is flying around, a very short dark grey grik'tval, a spotted great horned owl, a long thorny vine, a forest wolf, a tall wooden archery tower and the waters of Darkstone Bay.

Also here: Dergoatean, Ysharra, Melikor, Dame Evia, Stormyrain, Chaoswynd, Lord Chamorr, Master Neovik, Relic Hunter Madmountan, Lord Darconas, Pietra, High Lady Titaniae, Maiden Leafiara, Claudaro, Malifren, Lord Thrassus, Xorus, Mayor Lylia, Shinann, Puptilian

[And thus the battle proceeds. OOC translation: skipping another 13,500 or so lines of combat.]


Rone's Attack on the Rooks

Some dark hooded figures race across some rooftops of town.

There is a blur of white on a rooftop of town, as a white armored figure appears briefly, cutting down a dark hooded figure with a pair of deep black hatchets. A split second later, the white figure is gone, and the dark hooded figure topples over the side of the rooftop, chest torn open as he lands with a thud.

[Amidst continued combat at the Black Sands, as well as continued pylon fire on the warships, reports about Rone come in from the town...]

Darcena: "A white armored figure cuts down a dark hooded figure with a pair of deep black hatchets on the rooftop."

Cryheart: "Rone?"

Evia: "Wow."

Evia says, "That was wow."

Darcena: "I can't see that close, but perhaps."

Stormyrain: "..no."

Darcena: "Would be odd. I'll let you know if I glimpse anything else."

Dergoatean: "Quite a few hordes of krolvin that we are NOT addressing, but I think they're all still within the black sands area."

Shinann: "It is murder if anyone kills someone in town... suspected target Rook or not."

Nyssia: "Rone just ran through the square heading east."

Cryheart: "Rone just whisked by the north dock and left."

Dark hooded figures leap across rooftops in town, firing black arrows down into the streets, pursuing a blur of white.

Darcena: "Dark hooded figures are pursuing the figure in white, who is just a blur, firing arrows at it."

Bernadette: "Sighted shooting arrows running down streets."

Leafiara: "I'm searching for him. The Sands seem well-handled."

Shinann: "Focus on the Krolvin for now."

Shinann: "Not much we can do about the Rooks and the other... maybe they will just murder each other."

Roelaren: "How is it in triage."

Roelaren: "Do ye need anythin."

Maylan: "Voln triage can you check in?"

Malifren: "Triage is good."

Lycain: "Zero wounded or injured at Voln. At least two clerics and empaths are awaiting the dead and wounded."

Maylan: "Thank you Malifren. Can you be our point of contact at Voln?"

Roelaren: "Good to hear let us know if ye need more folk."

Maylan: "You and Lycain?"

Dergoatean: "Only about 10 krolvin on the entirety of Black Sands as of a few seconds ago."

Malifren: "Roger."

Maylan: "We appreciate you!"

A white armored figure appears suddenly on a rooftop and races towards some dark hooded figures, a whirlwind of rippling light trailing out behind him. The Rooks fire a shower of arrows, and Rone seems to shift in and out of place, blinking in and out of existence as the arrows miss their target. Rone descends upon a group of Rooks, and in another blur of movements, tears apart the hooded figures and then leaps out of sight.

Fahlo: "Gates still clear."

Bernadette: "Another Krolvin hit from Middle dock."

Darcena: "Rone turned and attacked the Rooks. The Rooks' arrows missed and Rone tears apart the hooded figures and leaps out of sight again."

Dergoatean: "Did a quick pass through town, couldn't locate this Rone or any krolvin in it."

Darcena: "I keep getting glimpses of him and then he runs off again."

Dergoatean: "12 at middle dock, 15 at north."

Dergoatean: "Our gates are neither under siege nor defended."

Shinann: "We are watching them."

Dergoatean: "Got it, thank you."

Malifren: "Triage still clear, awaiting injured or those needing spells."

Luathaich: "I sunk a ship!"

Dergoatean: "Well done!"

Maylan: "Huzzah!"

Cryheart: "Rone just dropped by the north dock again."

Leafiara: "This seems to be the same Rone as last time--he's knocked me down."

Maylan: "Hog tie him!"

Leafiara: "But the White Sparrows aren't near this time..."

Leafiara: "Would have if I could have."


The New Rone's Gauntlets

[But then Leafi would report the following...]

[Wehnimer's, North Ring Rd.]

A respectful quiet blankets this area like the deep shadow cast by the high north wall. Those people that move along this section of road walk with their heads bowed and speak in hushed whispers in obvious consideration to the local empath, who practices the restorative arts at the strange tent that is set back from the roadside in the middle of an overgrown vacant lot here.

Also here: Lord Nazarr, Shinann, Rone

Leafiara sings lilting, lightsome lyrics in a lively summons to local spirits! Shining leaves surround her, sparkling and sprightly, and she loosely sways her body lightly...

Leafiara gestures at Rone.

CS: +450 - TD: +309 + CvA: +20 + d100: +43 - -5 == +209

Warding failed!

Rone suddenly stops all movement.

Maylan: "Next time....."

Stormyrain's group just arrived.

Leafiara says, "Ha."

Leafiara: "And indeed, this time."

Wintersylph: "You on his bad list Leafiara."

Stormyrain gives a sidelong glance at Rone.

Leafiara says, "Now then..."

Chaoswynd looks thoughtfully at Rone.

Leafiara squints at Rone.

Lady Wintersylph just arrived.

Leafiara: "I've got him bound... for now."

Wintersylph grins at Rone.

Leafiara suspiciously asks, "Who are you? Why are you here?"

Leafiara glances at Rone.

Cryheart: "Take a good look at him."

The air ripples around Rone, and he seems to move backwards, as if reversing, and is no longer bound.

Shinann raises an eyebrow in Rone's direction.

Leafiara gaze up into the heavens.

Rone points a polished steel gauntlet at Leafiara and she vanishes with a ripple in the air!

[Temporal Rift]

Time and space seem to swirl around you. You catch brief glimpses of events both past and future. Beyond these strange and confusing visions extends a vast, ever-changing field of stars, pinpoints of light against unfathomable utter blackness. It is very cold here.

Stormyrain: "Rone has taken Leafiara."

Stormyrain: "Leafiara, can you hear us?"

Lycain: "The last I saw of Leafiara she was along Locksmehr way, right before she was grabbed."

Leafiara: "I'm alright."

Danthius: "Godspeed, Leafi..."

Danthius: "Oh good!"

Pukk: "Rone, leave Leafi alone you crud!"

Leafiara: "He sent me to a temporal rift--but it can only slow me down so much."

[Wehnimer's, North Ring Rd.]

A respectful quiet blankets this area like the deep shadow cast by the high north wall. Those people that move along this section of road walk with their heads bowed and speak in hushed whispers in obvious consideration to the local empath, who practices the restorative arts at the strange tent that is set back from the roadside in the middle of an overgrown vacant lot here.

Also here: Mayor Lylia, Demitone, Thornstar, Yakushi, House Seer Rovvigen, Jooniper, Master Neovik, Dame Evia, Melikor, Ysharra, Zosopage, Pietra, Takoa, High Lady Titaniae, Magnificos, Grand Lady Kelestra, Mistress Clairette, Lord Darconas, Lord Chamorr, Puptilian, Xorus, Lord Thrassus, Berost, Land Pirate Maylan, Relic Hunter Madmountan, Lady Wintersylph, Chaoswynd, Stormyrain, Lord Nazarr, Shinann, Rone who is sleeping

Thrassus says, "We should finish him off now."

Speaking to Leafiara, Stormyrain asks, "I slept him, can you bind him so he can speak?"

Maylan whispers aloud, "I have no idea what I"m looking for."

Shinann asks, "Where did he take you?"

Speaking to Thrassus, Lylia says, "Impossible, with his protections."

Leafiara sings lilting, lightsome lyrics in a lively summons to local spirits! Shining leaves surround her, sparkling and sprightly, and she loosely sways her body lightly...

Leafiara gestures at Rone.

CS: +449 - TD: +309 + CvA: +20 + d100: +70 - -5 == +235

Warding failed!

Rone suddenly stops all movement.

Stormyrain nods.

Stormyrain gives Rone a little prod between the shoulder blades.

Leafiara amusedly says, "Done... again."

Lylia walks toward Rone.

Ysharra says, "Remove his gauntlets."

Ysharra says, "At the very least."

Nazarr says, "And his mask."

Ysharra says, "Or his hands, whichever."

Rone points his gauntlets to the ground!

Ysharra says, "Watch out."

A low rumble echoes through the room making your hair stand on end. A single point of light flickers to life in the center of the room moments before erupting into a massive swirling vortex!

Claudaro is sucked into the vortex!

[Cue others being sucked in.]

Time and space blur before your eyes, stretching and warping until...

[Temporal Rift]

Time and space seem to swirl around you. You catch brief glimpses of events both past and future. Beyond these strange and confusing visions extends a vast, ever-changing field of stars, pinpoints of light against unfathomable utter blackness. It is very cold here.

Madmountan grunts.

Leafiara says, "It's as if he's shifting in and out of existence, though--something's amiss."

Stormyrain slowly says, "Damnit."

Leafiara says, "Oh."

Leafiara says, "This again."

Kelestra says, "Oh cute."

Clairette: "Where did everyone just go?"

Maylan: "Rone has vanished."

Leafiara: "They were taken into a rift. I've already escaped it, though."

Beldannon: "Well he is a coward so that makes sense."

Dergoatean: "Still some clusters of krolvin on the sands, but the large group of defenders is no longer here. Only 5 or so of us cleaning up."

Maylan: "I didn't see where he went, as I...made a tactical retreat."

Cryheart: "Another ship sunk at North dock."

Danthius: "North Dock took another down!"

Puptilian: "Back in town looking for him."

Shinann: "I see... do not forget the Krolvin."

Lylia: "A temporal rift. It is a trick he learned from watching a master at it."

Evia: "Reassamble where?"

Bernadette: "Middle dock on it."

Maylan: "Target at the Sands?"

Leafiara: "It seems like this Rone intends to kill Rooks... but he's only inconveniencing others."

Jeril: "Watch out for Pup and his gang of dirty poachers!"

Balley: "I am up on the rooftops and see nothing yet."

Evia: "Are we re-joining up somewhere?"

Stormyrain: "Nothing in town that I have seen."

Puptilian: "Same, no sight of him from the rooftops."


The Rooks' Counterattack

A white blur appears again in a street, as dark hooded figures emerge from alleyways and fire on it!

Darcena: "Took down a ship on the Middle Dock."

Puptilian: "Anyone see where Rone went to?"

Stormyrain: "Anyone near where he is?"

Leafiara: "Last time, this Rone took Ayred. Who might he be after this time?"

Balley: "Figure in all on fire."

Stormyrain: "Could they want a krolvin for some reason?"

Stormyrain: "This attack is not random. It never is with them."

Lycain: "Hooded figures on Penna street, East of Moot Hall."

Titaniae: "Meeting back up anywhere?"

Darcena: "More krolvin rowboats approaching the sands."

Balley: "Rowboat approaching."

Cryheart: "Black Sands."

Bernadette: "Krolvin spotted on the Black sands."

Leafiara: Nothing seems amiss in the prison."

Fahlo: "Figure outside of hall casting."

Darcena: "Hooded figures attacking Xorus at Moot Hall."

Shinann: "Krolvin come first."

Puptilian: "The Krolvin is drawing people away from town which makes one think there is something in town that is wanted."

Aliria: "Slaves."

Pietra: "I won "Last out of the rift" contest. I somehow don't feel that excited."

Darcena: "Rone just went east from TSC."

Roelaren: "Be prepared triage incoming."

Cryheart: "Rone led some dark hooded figures to the North dock."

Maylan: "Rone at TSSE."

[Town Square, Southeast]

Pedestrians and wagon traffic move off in all directions here, some going to the large intersection with South Ring Road, others crisscrossing the square via the bazaar. Men and women carrying neatly tied parcels or sacks and coils of rope slung over their arms emerge from the wooden facade of the old general store. You also see a small oak stand with a coil of thick rope on it and a long wooden table with a small plate of steel on it.

Also here: Yakushi, Osellan, Dergoatean, a calmed Land Pirate Maylan, Rone, Xorus, a calmed Mayor Lylia

Dergoatean says, "Knock it off."

A sleek black arrow comes flying out of the shadows and strikes Rone!

... 35 points of damage!

Awesome shot shatters ribs and punctures lung!

He is stunned!

Luathaich: "Grey-beaked dark hooded figures attacked at North Docks and were slain!"

Maylan says, "Bind him."

Osellan exclaims, "Rone getting Stunned!"

Thrassus: "This time he sent me to the Colossus."

Leafiara says, "Someone's made a sanctuary..."

Titaniae quietly says, "While we're here, the krolvins are making their way past the beach."

Maylan says, "And calmed us."

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure ambles in.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure ambles in.

Darcena: "Grey-beaked dark hooded figures throughout town."

A sleek black arrow comes flying out of the shadows and strikes Rone!

... 35 points of damage!

Strike to right arm cleanly severs it at the shoulder!

He is knocked to the ground!

He is stunned!

Maylan says, "Bind Rone."

A sleek black arrow comes flying out of the shadows and strikes Rone!

... 40 points of damage!

Strike punctures throat and ruins vocal cords!

* Rone drops dead at your feet!

* Rone just bit the dust!

Maylan says, "Or that."

Evia says, "Oops."

Leafiara absently says, "Well, that worked."

Titaniae quietly asks, "Rone's dead?"

Suddenly the air around Rone begins to ripple and the white armored figure's wounds seem to rapidly reverse themselves and Rone is lifted back onto his feet. The figure becomes a blur and vanishes the next second.

Ysharra says, "Now cut off his hand-"

Leafiara slowly says, "Or not."

Ysharra says, "Feh."

Luathaich says, "Goodness."

Titaniae quietly says, "Death is quite...temporary."

Xorus amusedly says, "Most amusing."

[TownCrier]-GSIV:Dergoatean: " Rone has quicksave/quickload functionality now"

Maylan: "I'm not quite sure what just happened, but Rone's body has ascended."


The Town Defenders' Efforts

Maylan says, "The beach is overrun, I hear."

Dergoatean says, "Join me to clear the beach a bit."

Evia says, "It was indeed."

Melikor says, "More figures running around town."

Lylia snaps, "I can only be in one place at once."

Wintersylph: "West sands got lots krolvin champions."

Fahlo: "Gate still clear- rook north ring road."

Dergoatean: "Group of 10 of us incoming to sands."

Cryheart: "Hmm..what happened to the North dock group?"

Fahlo: "Need infusers at north dock."

Shinann: "Sands still being attacked?"

Dergoatean: "Yes."

Darcena: "I have moved to North Dock. Seven at Middle Dock. Five at North Dock."

Pietra: "Yes, definitely."

Chamorr: "Krol back on the sands."

Geijon: "Oh yes..."

Dergoatean: "We're doing okay-ish. More help wouldn't hurt."

Nyssia: "Rone just brought Osellan into triage."

Darcena: "More Rooks at North Gate getting taken out by Cryheart's fury."

Fahlo: "Rook at north dock."

Darcena: "Rone at North Gate."

Stormyrain: "Not any longer."

Fahlo: "Two rooks at north dock- and rone."

Elphieya: "Are there any clerics who can help at Voln?"

Luxelle: "That Rone guy sure moves fast..."

[Eventually the following is reported...]

[Wehnimer's, Locksmehr Way]

The faint, tangy scent of the bay mingles with the lighter smells of the river, which runs just to the northeast. The wide road leads along the riverbank through the warehouse and wharf district, where the sounds of longshoremen loading and unloading freetraders drift over from a wooden walkway to the east. You also see a painted ashen shop.

Also here: Lord Chamorr, Melikor, Lord Thrassus, Xorus, Mayor Lylia, Rone who is sleeping, Fahlo

The voice of Ysharra says, "We'll take care of him."

Speaking to Rone, Lylia says, "I think not."

Speaking to Rone, Lylia says, "I am doing your work for you... killing Rooks. Do not make me do their work as well."

The voice of Ysharra asks, "Now can you remove his hands?"

Speaking to Rone, Lylia says, "I am already a busy woman..."

Lylia utters a light chant and raises her hands, beckoning the lesser spirits to her aid...

Lylia gestures at Rone.

Cloudy wisps swirl about Rone.

CS: +450 - TD: +284 + CvA: +20 + d100: +22 - -5 == +213

Warding failed!

The wisps solidify into thick strands of webbing that tighten about his body!

The air shimmers around Rone, and he is lifted back up.

Speaking quietly to Rone, Lylia says, "We should talk."

The voice of Ysharra says, "If he can."

Lylia says, "The webbing is not covering his mouth."

The air shimmers around Rone, and the webbing is reversed from his body, swirling back towards Lylia before it vanishes altogether.

Rone just went north.

[Afterward...]

[Wehnimer's, Bay's Watch West]

Here at the northern end of Wehnimer's Landing, the fickle waters of the Locksmehr River flow to the east. The westernmost of the twin guardtowers that keep watch over the river gates into town rises above, casting a dark shadow over the lamplit cobblestones. The huge ironbound sea gates straddle the river, extending to the matching tower on the eastern bank. You also see a wrought iron gate and a uniformed doorkeeper.

A sleek black arrow comes flying out of the shadows and strikes Rone!

... 30 points of damage!

Amazing shot through Rone's nose enters the brain!

* Rone drops dead at your feet!

* Rone just bit the dust!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure ambles in.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure ambles in.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure gestures at Madmountan!

CS: +421 - TD: +402 + CvA: -25 + d100: +33 - -5 == +32

Warded off!

Wisps of black smoke swirl around Madmountan for a moment, then dissipate.

Leafiara murmurs a calming phrase...

Leafiara gestures at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

CS: +449 - TD: +375 + CvA: +9 + d100: +42 == +125

Warding failed!

A calm washes over a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

Cryheart swings a perfect vultite greataxe at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +554 vs DS: +534 with AvD: +42 + d100 roll: +37 = +99

A clean miss.

Melikor traces a burning rune into the air, melding the spiritual and elemental powers by sheer force of will.

Melikor gestures at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

CS: +535 - TD: +404 + CvA: +9 + d100: +68 == +208

Warding failed!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure contorts in excruciating agony!

... 700 points of damage!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

Melikor traces a burning rune into the air, melding the spiritual and elemental powers by sheer force of will.

Melikor gestures at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

CS: +535 - TD: +404 + CvA: +9 + d100: +38 == +178

Warding failed!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure contorts in excruciating agony!

... 700 points of damage!

Several thin, fibrous red filaments erupt from Melikor's illthorn staff and swirl around each other in a chaotic dance. Straining to reach a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, they unleash a wave of unmitigated pain upon the object of their wrath!

... 10 points of damage!

Light strike to chest.

Madmountan says, "No no."

Melikor traces a burning rune into the air, melding the spiritual and elemental powers by sheer force of will.

Melikor gestures at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure is enraged by Melikor's attack!

Melikor's illthorn staff glows intensely with a verdant light!

CS: +553 - TD: +404 + CvA: +9 + d100: +48 == +206

Warding failed!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure contorts in excruciating agony!

... 700 points of damage!

Xorus says, "Impressive temporal gadgetry."

Madmountan says, "Bad rooks."

The voice of Ysharra says, "Well, this is helpful."

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure gestures at Madmountan!

CS: +421 - TD: +402 + CvA: -25 + d100: +98 - -5 == +97

Warded off!

Wisps of black smoke swirl around Madmountan for a moment, then dissipate.

Takoa appears to focus inward as he raises a hand and murmurs quietly...

Takoa gestures at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

A translucent force moves outward from Takoa and toward a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure is buffeted by the force and is knocked to the ground.

As Thrassus focuses, his head bows slightly, and he stares balefully ahead from beneath his furrowed brow as he murmurs an invocation...

Thrassus gestures at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure is suddenly surrounded by a circle of crackling lightning.

CS: +324 - TD: +418 + CvA: +9 + d100: +64 == -21

Warded off!

The crackling lightning slowly arcs around the figure once, then vanishes.

Motes of silvery light sparkle across Rovvigen's skin, twinkling like stars, as he prepares a spell...

Rovvigen gestures at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

Rovvigen hurls a roaring ball of fire at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +450 vs DS: +339 with AvD: +46 + d100 roll: +97 = +254

... and hits for 85 points of damage!

Right eye catches fire, quickly bringing a grey-beaked dark hooded figure's brain to a boil.

The roaring ball of fire strikes a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, blossoming into a much larger sphere of flame upon impact.

... 5 points of damage!

Minor burns to left arm. That hurts a bit.

A burst of flame from Rovvigen's roaring ball of fire flies off and hits a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

... 5 points of damage!

Minor burns to back. Looks uncomfortable.

A burst of flame from Rovvigen's roaring ball of fire flies off and hits a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

... 10 points of damage!

Burst of flames to left arm burns skin bright red.

Xorus tilts his head slightly and stares straight ahead as he murmurs softly under his breath...

Xorus gestures at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

CS: +513 - TD: +404 + CvA: +9 + d100: +64 == +182

Warding failed!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure contorts in excruciating agony!

... 700 points of damage!

Leafiara says, "Hold, we don't need to attack the Rooks tonig--"

Cryheart swings a perfect vultite greataxe at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +554 vs DS: +476 with AvD: +42 + d100 roll: +4 = +124

... and hits for 28 points of damage!

Blow to head!

Cryheart's vultite greataxe releases a twisted tendril of force!

... 20 points of damage!

Hard shove to the back staggers the dark hooded figure.

It is knocked to the ground!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure stands up with a grunt.

Melikor traces a burning rune into the air, melding the spiritual and elemental powers by sheer force of will.

Melikor gestures at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

CS: +535 - TD: +404 + CvA: +9 + d100: +35 == +175

Warding failed!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure contorts in excruciating agony!

... 700 points of damage!

Necrotic energy from Melikor's illthorn staff flares up momentarily!

Melikor appears to gain succour from the unnatural energy!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure gestures at Madmountan!

CS: +424 - TD: +404 + CvA: -25 + d100: +83 - +5 == +73

Warded off!

Leafiara wearily says, "Oh, never mind."

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure gestures at Madmountan!

[Roll result: 109 (open d100: -28)]

Madmountan feints low, the dark hooded figure buys the ruse and moves to block the blow that never came!

Suddenly the air around Rone begins to ripple and the white armored figure's wounds seem to rapidly reverse themselves and Rone is lifted back onto his feet. The figure becomes a blur and vanishes the next second.

Cryheart swings a perfect vultite greataxe at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +580 vs DS: +394 with AvD: +42 + d100 roll: +69 = +297

... and hits for 129 points of damage!

Hard slash to the dark hooded figure's side!

Right arm no longer available for use.

The figure's black handaxe falls to the ground.

A thorny vine suddenly sprouts from the ground and begins to thrash about violently!

The thorny vine lashes out at Madmountan, but is unable to grasp him.

Melikor traces a burning rune into the air, melding the spiritual and elemental powers by sheer force of will.

Melikor gestures at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

CS: +553 - TD: +404 + CvA: +9 + d100: +31 == +189

Warding failed!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure contorts in excruciating agony!

... 700 points of damage!

The dark hooded figure rolls over and dies.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure gestures and utters a phrase of magic.

Madmountan swings a glowing coraesine mekya ne'rutka at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +599 vs DS: +515 with AvD: +40 + d100 roll: +93 = +217

... and hits for 134 points of damage!

Terrible slash to the dark hooded figure's side!

Entrails spill out, onto the ground!

Death can be SO messy.

Motes of silvery light sparkle across Rovvigen's skin, twinkling like stars, as he prepares a spell...

Speaking to Leafiara, Lylia says, "If they attack me, they are going to be put down. Simple as this."

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure gestures mystically!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure vanishes.

--Never mind, there it is again. Perhaps it was a trick of the light.

Rovvigen gestures at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

Nothing happens.

Melikor traces a burning rune into the air, melding the spiritual and elemental powers by sheer force of will.

Melikor gestures at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

CS: +553 - TD: +404 + CvA: +9 + d100: +40 == +198

Warding failed!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure contorts in excruciating agony!

... 700 points of damage!

Melikor's eyes flicker with veins of brilliant green as his muscles ripple noticeably, straining beneath his visible skin.

Cryheart swings a perfect vultite greataxe at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +580 vs DS: +431 with AvD: +42 + d100 roll: +59 = +250

... and hits for 95 points of damage!

Shield arm mangled horribly.

An inky cloud of shadows surrounds Lylia's hand as she chants a twisting phrase...

Lylia gestures at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

CS: +540 - TD: +404 + CvA: +9 + d100: +45 == +190

Warding failed!

A masterful strike for 49 points of damage!

... 15 points of damage!

The dark hooded figure's ribs warp and crack violently.

Melikor traces a burning rune into the air, melding the spiritual and elemental powers by sheer force of will.

Melikor gestures at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

CS: +535 - TD: +404 + CvA: +9 + d100: +47 == +187

Warding failed!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure contorts in excruciating agony!

... 700 points of damage!

The dark hooded figure falls to the ground and dies.

Madmountan swings a glowing coraesine mekya ne'rutka at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +599 vs DS: +492 with AvD: +40 + d100 roll: +47 = +194

... and hits for 77 points of damage!

Deep slash to the dark hooded figure's right side!

Several inches of padding sliced off hip....

From the inside!

The dark hooded figure is knocked to the ground!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure stands up with a grunt.

Motes of silvery light sparkle across Rovvigen's skin, twinkling like stars, as he prepares a spell...

Cryheart swings a perfect vultite greataxe at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +580 vs DS: +385 with AvD: +42 + d100 roll: +71 = +308

... and hits for 135 points of damage!

Crossing slash to chest catches the dark hooded figure's attention!

Cryheart's vultite greataxe releases a twisted tendril of force!

... 25 points of damage!

Hard blow to chest knocks the dark hooded figure back and winds it.

It is knocked to the ground!

Rovvigen gestures at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

Rovvigen hurls a roaring ball of fire at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +450 vs DS: +315 with AvD: +46 + d100 roll: +20 = +201

... and hits for 36 points of damage!

Nasty burns to left hand. Gonna need lots of butter.

The roaring ball of fire strikes a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, blossoming into a much larger sphere of flame upon impact.

... 10 points of damage!

Burst of flames to chest toasts skin nicely.

Several thin, fibrous red filaments erupt from Rovvigen's lor crosier and swirl around each other in a chaotic dance. Straining to reach a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, they unleash a wave of unmitigated pain upon the object of their wrath!

... 20 points of damage!

Good blow to neck!!

Something snaps!

Rovvigen's eyes flicker with veins of brilliant green as his muscles ripple noticeably, straining beneath his visible skin.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure stands up with a grunt.

Greenish-black flames spring to life in Lylia's hand...

Lylia gestures at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

Lylia hurls a ball of greenish-black flame at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +382 vs DS: +367 with AvD: +41 + d100 roll: +36 = +92

A clean miss.

Shinann says, "Maybe he is the timeless one."

Madmountan swings a glowing coraesine mekya ne'rutka at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +583 vs DS: +396 with AvD: +40 + d100 roll: +90 = +317

... and hits for 144 points of damage!

Tremendous blow crushes skull like a ripe melon.

The dark hooded figure falls to the ground and dies.

Speaking to Leafiara, Melikor says, "They've been attacking the townsfolk all night."

Lylia says, "They knew what they signed up for."

Thrassus says, "He's a pain in the neck."


Cornering Rone

Dark hooded figures continue to pursue Rone, firing arrows down on him as they corner him towards Moot Hall.

Maylan: "Rone at Moot Hall."

[Town Square, East]

Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous shops, still doing business with the many customers who still frequent the streets at night. You also see a bone-framed bulletin board and a large purple wooden barrel.

Also here: Fahlo, Maiden Leafiara, Puptilian, Tsarok, Jooniper, Lord Nazarr, Relic Hunter Madmountan, Takoa, Eheylien, Vancudais, House Seer Rovvigen, Ysharra, Melikor, Lord Thrassus, Xorus, Mayor Lylia, Mistress Clairette, Claudaro, a stunned Rone

Madmountan swings a glowing coraesine mekya ne'rutka at Rone!

Stupefied, Rone evades the attack by blind luck!

Ysharra says, "Ah, you found the mayor's office, good."

Puptilian utters a light chant and raises his hands, beckoning the lesser spirits to his aid...

Rone points a polished steel gauntlet at Madmountan and he vanishes with a ripple in the air!

Puptilian gestures at Rone.

Cloudy wisps swirl about Rone.

CS: +378 - TD: +284 + CvA: +20 + d100: +76 - -5 == +195

Warding failed!

The wisps solidify into thick strands of webbing that tighten about his body!

A blood red mist leaks from Maylan's palms as she prepares a spell...

Maylan gestures at Rone.

Maylan's twining zydris runestaff glows intensely with a verdant light!

CS: +463 - TD: +309 + CvA: +20 + d100: +11 - -5 == +190

Warding failed!

Rone suddenly stops all movement.

Several thin, fibrous red filaments erupt from Maylan's twining zydris runestaff and swirl around each other in a chaotic dance.

Straining to reach Rone, they unleash a wave of unmitigated pain upon the object of their wrath!

... 20 points of damage!

Blow to the eye swells it shut!

He is stunned!

Maylan says, "He is bound."

Ysharra says, "Now we can speak before you get yourself gutted and spitted again."

Leafiara absently asks, "Webbing, binding, and killing him hasn't worked yet. Any other ideas?"

Clairette says, "Take his gauntlets."

Cryheart says, "Dinnae attack him..and he may nae attack ye."

Maylan says, "STRIP HIM."

Speaking to Lylia, Maylan exclaims, "Put him in the stocks!"

Puptilian says, "Get his gautlets off."

Puptilian says, "First."

Speaking to Puptilian, Maylan says, "Yes....that's what I meant."

Speaking to Rone, Ysharra asks, "Where's the half-elf transporter?"

Lylia says, "Just stay still a moment and --"

Speaking to Rone, Ysharra asks, "His friends and employers want to know he's not been harmed. What can we tell them?"

Rone begins to move again.

Puptilian utters a light chant and raises his hands, beckoning the lesser spirits to his aid...

Puptilian gestures at Rone.

Cloudy wisps swirl about Rone.

CS: +378 - TD: +284 + CvA: +20 + d100: +31 - -5 == +150

Warding failed!

The wisps solidify into thick strands of webbing that tighten about his body!

Leafiara says, "He's not a very talkative sort."

Leafiara murmurs a calming phrase...

Leafiara gestures at Rone.

CS: +449 - TD: +309 + CvA: +20 + d100: +74 - -5 == +239

Warding failed!

A calm washes over Rone.

Lylia says, "Neither were the Rooks. More is the pity for them."

Speaking to Leafiara, Darcena says, "Maybe we should make him talk by threatening to chomp him a little."

Neovik says, "I like those gauntlets."

Ysharra says, "Remove his mask."

Jahadeem says, "Can we search him."

Puptilian says, "Do I need to cut off the damn gloves."

Cryheart says, "Well...he is attacking the dark hooded figures..that counts as ok."

Stormyrain: "Rone is in front of Moot Hall, how goes the krolvin front?"

The webs dissolve from around Rone.

Shinann: "Still being attacked on the Sands?"

Speaking slowly to Darcena, Leafiara says, "Well, you can try it."

Speaking to Rone, Lylia says, "I would say this hurts you more than me, but..."

Shadows dance between Lylia's outstretched fingers as she issues a command in archaic Faendryl.

Lylia gestures at Rone.

Rone is enraged by Lylia's attack!

CS: +540 - TD: +319 + CvA: +20 + d100: +18 - -5 == +264

Warding failed!

His right arm explodes!

Rone is stunned!

Pietra: "Yes, very mcuh so."

Dergoatean: "Yes, heavy attacks at sands continue."

Fahlo: "Need the best of us deal with him? Or can we spare a few toward our defense?"

Suddenly the air around Rone begins to ripple and the white armored figure's wounds seem to rapidly reverse themselves and Rone is lifted back onto his feet. The figure becomes a blur and vanishes the next second.

Speaking to Leafiara, Darcena says, "I think Lylia's got it."

Dergoatean: "We need roughly what we've got here."

Lylia glances at a severed elven arm.

Rovvigen softly says, "That's one way to do it."

Maylan says, "Not even my blood circle held him."

Speaking dryly to Darcena, Leafiara says, "Doesn't seem so, no."

Lylia picks up a severed elven arm.

Cryheart says, "He is sneaky."

Speaking to Lylia, Ysharra says, "You'd be untruthful. But sadly, he's got an answer for everything, it seems."

Speaking to Leafiara, Darcena says, "Maybe she was a little hasty."

Cryheart: "Keep an eye out on Rone...he slipped out again."

Ysharra says, "He's got help. Those gauntlets seem even better than Malluch's."

Speaking to Ysharra, Neovik says, "Yeah I want those gauntlets."

Jahadeem says, "But who."

Rone blinks into existance.

Leafiara asks, "Binding, webbing, killing, calming, arm removal. What do we have left?"

Puptilian utters a light chant and raises his hands, beckoning the lesser spirits to his aid...

A blood red mist leaks from Maylan's palms as she prepares a spell...

Puptilian gestures at Rone.

Cloudy wisps swirl about Rone.

CS: +378 - TD: +284 + CvA: +20 + d100: +19 == +133

Warding failed!

The wisps solidify into thick strands of webbing that tighten about his body!

Speaking to Leafiara, Darcena says, "Biting."

Maylan gestures at Rone.

CS: +445 - TD: +309 + CvA: +20 + d100: +62 == +218

Warding failed!

Rone suddenly stops all movement.

Darcena bites Rone!

Speaking to Rone, Madmountan asks, "Why are you mute?"

Lylia shows Rone her elven arm.

Bernadette: "Middle dock still working, any word?"

Speaking to Rone, Lylia asks, "Do you recognize this?"

Speaking to Darcena, Leafiara admits, "Well, you did at least touch him."

Fahlo: "One at north dock."

Puptilian says, "He may not be able to talk."

Speaking to Rone, Jahadeem asks, "Whose side are you on?"

Speaking to Rone, Ysharra says, "As I was saying. Remove your mask."

Speaking to Lylia, Maylan whispers aloud, "Slap him with it."

Puptilian says, "If he is being controlled."

Luathaich asks, "I'm alive! What did I miss?"

The webs dissolve from around Rone.

Speaking to Puptilian, Lylia says, "I am beginning to think he cannot."

Darcena asks, "He could nod his head yes or no maybe?"

Speaking to Maylan, Lylia says, "I am not Thadston Andrews."

Ysharra says, "I believe you're right."

Leafiara says, "Maybe the mask restricts his mouth."

Darcena asks, "Blink with those cold brown eyes?"

Takoa gestures at Rone.

Rone begins to move again.

Madmountan asks, "Anyone got some antidote?"

Rone glances at Stormyrain.

Rone clenches his fist.

Luathaich says, "Hm. Fascinating."

Speaking to Darcena, Puptilian says, "It's more like he is fully controlled and has no power to communicate with us."

Speaking to Rone, Maylan asks, "Blink twice if you are a puppet?"

Speaking to Rone, Jahadeem asks, "Are the krolvin with you?"

Malifren: "Yes, covered."

Rone weakly says, "I..."

Stormyrain paces to her left, moving in a circle around Rone.

Cryheart says, "I think Rone is trying to do justice."

Darcena exclaims, "He talks!"

Leafiara surprisedly says, "Ah. He -can- talk."

Speaking to Rone, Stormyrain urges, "You can do this."

Fahlo: "Three at north dock."

Speaking to Rone, Maylan says, "Rub your head and pat your belly if you are a good guy gone bad under unavoidable circumstances."

Rone weakly says, "You are....not....enemy."

Speaking to Rone, Maylan says, "Hop around on one leg if you are simply misunderstood."

Speaking to Rone, Madmountan says, "We are quite happy to not hurt you. Just let us know what's going on in that noggin."

Speaking to Rone, Darcena says, "I know what it's like not to be able to make your own choices."

Speaking to Rone, Clairette asks, "Who is, then?"

Speaking to Rone, Puptilian asks, "No we are not. Who is?"

Speaking to Rone, Darcena says, "Remember who you are deep."

Speaking to Rone, Stormyrain says, "That's right, we are not. We are with you, we have always been with you. You."

Cryheart says, "Rooks."

Cryheart nods at Clairette.

Speaking to Rone, Luathaich asks, "Are you in some sort of distress or under duress?"

The webs dissolve from around Rone.

Speaking to Rone, Jahadeem asks, "Were you brainwashed?"

Speaking to Rone, Maylan says, "Scratch your armpit if we are not your enemy."

Speaking gently to Rone, Stormyrain says, "You've made it through worse than this."

Gore oozes out the end of Lylia's human arm.

Claudaro says, "Pretty sure he's short one arm to do that with, the other isn't much of a pit as a bloody mess."

Speaking to Rone, Jahadeem asks, "Would you like some pickle?"

Cryheart: "Rone just talked that we are not the enemy."

Speaking to herself, Maylan says, "I don't see any armpit scratching, he's clearly a baddie."

Puptilian utters a light chant and raises his hands, beckoning the lesser spirits to his aid...

Puptilian gestures at Rone.

Cloudy wisps swirl about Rone.

CS: +378 - TD: +284 + CvA: +20 + d100: +66 == +180

Warding failed!

The wisps solidify into thick strands of webbing that tighten about his body!

Speaking to Rone, Jahadeem asks, "Can we help you?"

Lylia quietly says, "Give him a moment to speak."

Rone points a polished steel gauntlet at Puptilian and he vanishes with a ripple in the air!

Speaking to Rone, Ysharra asks, "Have you ever used a crystal amulet? If we give you one, will you use it to speak to us?"

Taerieln: "Another ship down."

Rone scratches his ear only to find a gooey coating of web. Quickly, Rone brushes the silky strands away from his ear.

Luathaich says, "Well that was a bit counterproductive."

You hear very soft footsteps.

A blood red mist leaks from Maylan's palms as she prepares a spell...

Puptilian joins Cryheart's group.

The webs dissolve from around Rone.

Maylan gestures at Rone.

Maylan's twining zydris runestaff glows intensely with a verdant light!

CS: +463 - TD: +309 + CvA: +20 + d100: +14 == +188

Warding failed!

Rone suddenly stops all movement.

Puptilian utters a light chant and raises his hands, beckoning the lesser spirits to his aid...

(Stormyrain holds her empty hands, palm up, out in front of Rone.)

Puptilian gestures at Rone.

Cloudy wisps swirl about Rone.

CS: +378 - TD: +284 + CvA: +20 + d100: +57 == +171

Warding failed!

The wisps solidify into thick strands of webbing that tighten about his body!

Cryheart says, "Allow him to speak if ye can."

Speaking to Rone, Puptilian says, "You are not getting away that easily."

Rone growls and squirms against the bindings.

Speaking to Rone, Stormyrain says, "They are only trying to help. To keep you here so we can help you."

Speaking to Rone, Lylia prompts, "We are not enemies. Who is the enemy?"

Rone begins to move again.

The webs dissolve from around Rone.

Rone points a polished steel gauntlet at Puptilian and a green rune flashes along it before ribbons of viridian mist swirl about Puptilian, seeping into his skin. Rone kicks Puptilian, knocking him down.

Speaking to Rone, Maylan says, "Blink thrice if you like pie."

Rone points a polished steel gauntlet at Puptilian and he vanishes with a ripple in the air!

Lylia calmly says, "Let him speak."

Rone points a polished steel gauntlet at Maylan and a green rune flashes along it before ribbons of viridian mist swirl about Maylan, seeping into her skin. Rone kicks Maylan, knocking her down.

Jahadeem says, "I believe he is under some sort of spell."

Rone points a polished steel gauntlet at Maylan and she vanishes with a ripple in the air!

Rone growls ferociously!

Speaking to Rone, Ysharra asks, "It's the Alchemist, isn't he?"

Luathaich says, "Oh, pardon, you meant him."

Cryheart asks, "Ye mean the Rooks or something else, who is the enemy?"

Rone glances at Ysharra.

Lylia's human arm pulsates unpleasantly a bit, dripping blood.

Speaking to Rone, Madmountan says, "We can just talk. Calm down a little."

Speaking to Rone, Ysharra says, "He's done this to you."

Speaking to Rone, Lylia repeats, "We are not the enemy...who is the enemy?"

Darcena hunches up her shoulders and snarls menacingly at Madmountan!

Rone clenches his fist.

Speaking to Madmountan, Darcena says, "No calming. He wants vengeance."

Madmountan says, "Nah."

Jahadeem says, "I agree with Lylia let Rone breathe a little."

Speaking softly to Rone, Wintersylph says, "Tell them Dear."

Speaking to Rone, Ysharra asks, "Why did he send you here?"

Cryheart asks, "Whom do ye seek justice against?"

Jahadeem says, "Rone might not even know why he is here."

Lylia says, "I did what I must, but I am not the enemy."

Rone weakly says, "Justice...."

Darcena says, "Vengeance is better."

Cryheart asks, "Aye, but against whom?"

Lylia stresses, "Who is the enemy? Who deserves justice?"

Speaking to Rone, Ysharra asks, "That is your mission?"

A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Maylan.

Sabotage says, "He wants a glass with just ice."

Speaking to Rone, Ysharra asks, "Who do you hunt in its name?"

Speaking to Rone, Maylan says, "I'm not so easily discarded."

Glancing at his shoulder, Rone finds a torn wisp of sticky webbing clinging to his fur-edged leathers. A hasty swipe of his hand wipes the web away.

Speaking to Rone, Ysharra says, "I'm easily distracted. Whenever someone answers my questions."

Gore oozes out the end of Lylia's human arm.

Speaking to Rone, Luathaich asks, "Justice is a worthy but elusive goal. What justice is it you seek?"

Speaking to Rone, Ysharra asks, "Who did you lose?"

Rovvigen softly says, "Maybe he's trying to collect his thoughts."

Speaking to Rone, Shinann asks, "Who are you getting justice for?"

Stormyrain whispers aloud, "The Witch, Raznel. The Krolvin. Grishom Stone. They are our enemies. We fight together, against them."

Jahadeem says, "Justice. What else? Please continue."

Rone weakly says, "The krolvin will bleed and he who armed them. Justice. Reparations. Balance returned to our home."

Nazarr asks, "Who armed them?"

Darcena says, "He who armed them..."

Speaking to Rone, Ysharra asks, "No one winds up with a mask on their face and blood on their hands due to "justice." Who died?"

Shinann says, "Stephos."

Leafiara ventures, "Stephos."

Beldannon softly says, "Blew up a ship."

Speaking to Rone, Clairette asks, "Aye, Stephos?"

Speaking to Rone, Jahadeem says, "We agree that the krolvin must bleed."

Lylia hisses, "Stephos. That would figure."

Speaking quietly to Bernadette, Aliria says, "I do not see the wisdom of leaving the dock undefended."

Cryheart says, "We are of the same mind then."

Speaking to Rone, Ysharra says, "We were fighting the kral when we had to come back and deal with you."

Speaking to Rone, Darcena asks, "Reparations?"

Dergoatean: "Black Sands looks clear."

Stormyrain says, "Stephos paid the price for arming them before. That justice has been served."

Speaking to Rone, Jahadeem says, "We also agree whomever armed the krolvin must face justice. We need to know who it is so we can help."

Rone shifts in and out of focus.

Leafiara casually says, "If you want to kill Stephos, I sure won't get in your way."

Maylan: "I'd say addressing a major threat to the town is helping with the defenses."

Speaking to Rone, Ysharra says, "You have to understand that your last iteration killed forty people when he was captured."

Rone shifts in and out of focus.

Lylia says, "I prefer a trial to a murder."

Cryheart asks, "Ye seek out Stephos?"

Luathaich asks, "Forgive me if I missed this, but we were attacked by some hooded figures as we defended the docks. How does that tie in?"

Speaking to Luathaich, Madmountan says, "That's the Rooks."

Speaking softly to Rone, Wintersylph asks, "Or his wife?"

Dark hooded figures emerge along rooftops nearby.

Speaking to Rone, Stormyrain says, "Remember. That debt was paid. You were slaying citizens today. Our citizens. Those we swore to protect. Remember who you are."

Jahadeem asks, "If Rone is under a spell how much can you blame on him?"

Speaking to Luathaich, Puptilian says, "Those are the Rooks and that is a very complicated question."

Shinann traces a sign while petitioning the spirits for cognition...

Shinann gestures.

A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

Rone gazes up into the heavens.

Speaking to Rone, Ysharra asks, "Did you kill that man who had the ship's blueprints?"

Madmountan says, "Maybe Rone is about to be assassinated before us."

Speaking to Jahadeem, Dergoatean says, "I figure Rone isn't really the puppet but the strings. And I can blame the strings."

Clairette says, "Let him go - he will avenge me."

Thrassus says, "No, he'll just get right back up."

Lylia warns, "Do not do this. Rysus, if you hear me...it will go ill with you if you command them to loose their arrows."

Beldannon yells, "Go away Rooks!"

Speaking to Beldannon, Maylan exclaims, "You tell em!"

Geijon asks, "What are we walking into?"

Jahadeem asks, "Can we protect Rone?"

Chamorr heartily says, "Take him inside."

Lylia's human arm pulsates unpleasantly a bit, dripping blood.

Speaking to Rone, Ysharra says, "The last man who the Alchemist sent here is now robbed of his wits and his sense of sight. I hope you make a wiser choice while you still can."

Madmountan asks, "You want Rone protected?"

Speaking to Jahadeem, Maylan says, "From Stone? Not likely."

Cryheart says, "Rone seeks justice against the one who armed the Krols."

Speaking to Geijon, Lylia says, "More than I can sum up in a sentence or two..."

Speaking to Jahadeem, Maylan says, "If that is indeed who is pulling the strings."

The flower girl smiles and says, "For giving me a few silvers, you can have a whole handful of these petals!"

Evia says, "Oh."

Over two dozen dark hooded figures fire their bows, black arrows soaring down outside of Moot Hall! As the shower of arrows descends, Rone points his gauntlets to the ground, shifting the environs and everyone away from the arrows!

Speaking quietly to a pretty flower girl, Pukk says, "I dare you to ask Rone."

A low rumble echoes through the room making your hair stand on end. A single point of light flickers to life in the center of the room moments before erupting into a massive swirling vortex!

Kelestra is sucked into the vortex!

[...along with everyone else.]

The vortex pulls at you intensely as you lose control and are sucked directly into its depths!

Time and space blur before your eyes, stretching and warping until...

[Temporal Rift]

Time and space seem to swirl around you. You catch brief glimpses of events both past and future. Beyond these strange and confusing visions extends a vast, ever-changing field of stars, pinpoints of light against unfathomable utter blackness. It is very cold here.

Pukk points at Rone.

Darconas melodically asks, "Again?"

Beldannon softly says, "You can bet Rysus has his hands in all this."

Stormyrain glances at Rone.

Rone gently rests his hand on Stormyrain's shoulder.

Luathaich exclaims, "Well that was unexpected. But fascinating. Fascinating!"

Speaking to Rone, Dergoatean says, "Nice trick."

Leafiara says, "Oh... you're here too."

Speaking to Rone, Clairette says, "Thank you."

Rone wanders off into the distances of stars.

Madmountan yells, "He actually just saved us all!"