A Knight To Remember - 5120-09-23 - Rooking Forward (log)

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

Imaerasta 23-24, 5120

by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier


Summary

  • Rooks are spotted along the roofs and a young freckled boy stops near Mayor Leafiara in the town square to whisper "Boatyard." A slew of Rooks are there at the ready while others are perched on the roofs with arrows drawn facing outward. Several dozen more appear from within half-completed frames of ships.
  • Mother arrives and says she's touched we were (or at least Leafi was) worried by her recent absence, explaining that new dangers to the town have required more subtle movements. Leafi asks why she's changed direction and tactics lately; Mother says the Brotherhood's mission hasn't changed and she doesn't expect her to always agree with her tactics, but they've tried to avoid conflict. In the tunnels, she (Leafiara) did not stand down and has her own role to reflect upon.
  • Leafi asks what the threat is with Thadston in his current state (for them to have attacked him), but Amos is more understandable; Mother says a wounded predator is still a predator; Leafi asks when he was ever a threat, since he struck deals with her last year; Mother says he struck Rooks in the tunnels; Leafi says they fired first; Mother says they gave warnings, unlike her predecessors, and Thadston assaulted Rooks at Helga's, and asks if he's been charged for his assault on citizens, throwing a man through a window and bloodying another in the alley and chasing him into tunnels; Leafi says that was a drunken bar fight with no charges anywhere around, and Captain Stormyrain says the guard was called, but opted to charge no Rooks nor former Marshal alike.
  • Mother says Thadston came into the tunnels to carry out his own justice and was warned to step aside, and her tactics haven't changed if he's told the flame is hot but touches it nonetheless. Leafi admits some got overzealous on all sides and wants to establish if we can put this aside, and Mother says the Rooks have no continued vendetta and didn't pursue Thadston outside of the tunnels, nor any of us.
  • Grauph arrives and berserks to attack several Rooks, up until Leafi recasts a sanctuary and apologizes, saying she won't let it slip again. Mother says it's unfortunate some who traveled here with Leafiara cannot control their bloodlust.
  • Back to the Brotherhood, Leafi asks Mother to reiterate what her mission is, if it hasn't changed, and Mother says protecting the interests of the Brotherhood are the betterment and independence of Wehnimer's Landing.
  • Mother says some old and some new factions are moving into the town, all of which have seemingly decided to conquer the Rooks. Hapenlok says starting a three-way fight between the militia, Rooks, and Malluch and Grishom Stone's followers doesn't further our independence; Mother says we may disagree with some of their tactics, but our expectations at times will not allow the Brotherhood to protect itself. She says they were framed for the attack on the caravan and there have been plans in the works against the Rooks. They've made no initial assaults on adventurers nor the militia, but are working to ward off other factions trying to move in, and did nothing wrong trying to prevent Malluch's cult from growing.
  • Leafi says she can't deny there are problem factions, and the question is why the militia and guard should leave the Rooks alone. Mother says the knaves and the Lich King's men moving in are not our people and do not fight for Wehnimmer's. If the militia and guard wish to come for the Rooks, they can, but both sides are Wehnimer's. The Rooks will do what the militia and guard cannot because of law or boundaries.
  • Captain Shinann says Mother ordered us out of the tunnels and attacked when we didn't leave, so stop muddying the waters; Mother says she's making her point, she was warned to leave and went to pet a snarling dog; Shinann says Mother wasn't protecting the Landing and the tunnels aren't hers.
  • Leafi asks how we can trust her and what assurances she can give; Mother asks what would possibly be sufficient; Leafi asks if she still wants to work with other defenders, like she did when she said she'd bring information to the militia as a sort of alliance. Mother says she's one woman and perhaps the captains can help, but Khylon is an adamant hater of the Brotherhood and has named an ally as the guard captain, and she doesn't see any measure of assurances being enough for them. She'll bring information when and if she has it, but this is our fight for survival since the Rooks are as much Wehnimer's as her, but the others coming in are not. Leafi says if Khylon is the concern, then perhaps it's more fruitful to answer the captains' questions than hers.
  • Stormy asks Mother if she knows who attacked Walward's goods or put pressure on candidates for Steward of the Guilds. Mother says Walward has communicated with the Rooks in the past, but isn't currently, and something or someone shook him. Stormy says the Rooks' eyes and ears canvas more of the town than the militia formally does, so if a new faction is trying to intimidate its way into power then it might be in everyone's best interests to find and stop the threat. Mother says they've heard of a figurehead named the Knave, seen the Lich King in their tunnels, don't trust Amos, and Blood Son cultists have grown more noisy lately. The DeArchons have been quiet, but they trust Alendrial. Stormy thanks her for useful information.
  • Shinann says to leave Thadston alone in his current state and Mother asks if that's the assurance she needs. Shinann says a part of it and will leave the rest to the mayor and Stormy. Leafi offers Stormy that she (Leafi) can stay out of it with no recommendations made to Khylon; Stormy says she's free to offer her opinion and the marshal will give it the weigh the mayor's opinion should have.
  • Mother says she's trying to avoid full conflict in the streets and no one benefits from that, but standing down and shrinking into the shadows is not an option with enemies approaching our territory. They'll defend it and crush those imposing to prevent them from regrowing.
  • Sir Goldstr proposes having the Rooks who want to help join the militia. Mother says that would forfeit the last great bastion of independence in town and the Gryphons would be forced to conquer it with an Imperial army. The Rooks do everything necessary to protect the Landing's independence while the militia only does what's lawfully permitted.
  • Ycelacie asks why she's called Mother; she says because she cares for the others and has birthed a new way forward for the Rooks.
  • Goldstr says they're lawbreakers; Mother says they'll die for Wehnimer's and history has a way of rewarding lawbreakers with new titles such as freedom fighters, heroes, and pioneers. The Rooks aren't actively targeting adventurers or the militia, but if their paths cross, they can't show weakness. Stand down and watch the Rooks live or die, or join them as they fight to live or die.
  • Stormy says she has what she needs from the meeting and appreciates Mother's candor and willingness to meet. Mother says she is not sure what was accomplished tonight, but perhaps a small measure of progress. Mother reiterates that they'll share what they know when they know it, so we might understand their moves when they make them, then leaves.
  • The crowd returns to the square for discussion, but crisp ivory parchments suddenly start blowing all over town offering 20 million silvers to bring the vigilante Rone dead or alive to the Knave.


Highlights - Comedic

Leafiara says, "Casiphia would have been a very good option too, though, I'll admit. Would have chosen both if I could have, maybe."
Balley softly says, "Are you sure she is not Mother."
Speaking to Balley, Leafiara says, "Casiphia? Nope."
Speaking to Balley, Leafiara says, "Half of me hopes she is since then at least the Mother meeting will actually happen."
Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "I guess I'll pretend to be your bodyguard for a bit. My provisions are still on order."
[90 seconds later]
Nearby, the rooftops stir with movement as some dark hooded figures crouch low, bows in hands, arrows drawn as they hug the edge but keep focused on the surrounding area.
From within the half-completed hulking frames of ships, dozens of more Rooks appear, stepping half-way out of the shadows, blades or bows at the ready, but still far from the crowd.
Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok asks, "Remember the part when I said that I was going to be your bodyguard?"
Speaking wryly to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "You're on your own."
Hapenlok quickly ducks behind Leafiara.
Hapenlok says, "Literally, if we charged absolutely everyone who's ever been in a drunken bar fight, this entire town would have to be converted into a prison camp."
Gutstorm's incorporeal halfling firemage crosses its arms over its chest.
Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Me firemage doesh a good impression of Raelee."
Shinann glances at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.
Shinann says, "Shoo."
Leafiara musingly says, "Maybe Mother needs to appoint some unaffiliated 'ambassadors' or some such to deliver messages so she doesn't always have to come out herself."
Speaking to Leafiara, Shinann says, "No... she will use children."
Speaking to Shinann, Leafiara clarifies, "I mean more like, say, Pukk."
Shinann says, "Pukk is sort of childi... umm... childlike."
Goldstr asks, "Dems Amos's folks er Stephos's?"
Leafiara says, "I suspect Amos', but honestly, at this point I can't write off anything."
Leafiara says, "Could be Amos', Stephos', even Malluch's still operating somewhere out there..."
Goldstr says, "And er or da Knave."
Leafiara says, "And Barnom Slim apparently."
Leafiara grumbles, "So many factions."
Speaking to Leafiara, Pietra says, "We expect a very fancy chart from the Mayor's office within the week."
Tsarok quietly asks, "A... PIE chart?"
In the Common language, it reads:
WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE.
THE VIGILANTE RONE.  20,000,000 REWARD.
Seek the Knave.
Xorus says, "I was never paid for the last Rone bounty."
Speaking wryly to Kippe, Leafiara says, "I'm still waiting on the town council to pay up on the bounty for the first Rone."
Leafiara agrees with Xorus.
Xorus waves his hand in a dismissive gesture.
Xorus says, "The Knave may have misunderstood the amount of wealth possessed by those in these parts capable of hunting Rone."
Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "This town never pays up."
Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "So, it's why I don't bother anymore."


Highlights - Thematic

Speaking to Mother, Goldstr exclaims, "One idea   Have yer Rooks who want to help da Landin JOIN da Militia!"
Mother softly says, "If we joined the militia, we would forfeit the last great bastion of independence this town had and the Gryphons would be forced to come conquer the town at the head of an imperial army."
Speaking to Mother, Leafiara asks, "...you're saying the militia isn't independent?"
Mother softly says, "I am saying the militia has restraints."
Stormyrain says, "Mother is not incorrect."
Mother softly says, "The Brotherhood will do everything necessary to protect Wehnimer's independence. The militia will do everything only up to what is lawfully permitted."
Mother softly says, "You cannot win a war in the shadows."
Speaking to Stormyrain, Pietra asks, "Doesn't every militia need some sort of shadow militia for back up?"
Speaking to Pietra, Stormyrain says, "I wouldn't know about such things."
Speaking to Stormyrain, Pietra says, "Yeah, me either."
Stormyrain adopts an agreeable expression.
Pietra appears to be trying hard not to grin.


Log

Idle Chatter

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see the seaweed-covered Xayd disk, a large acorn, an ember-eyed fire wyrdling, the Iskandr disk, a hazel scabbard, a pale-faced coppery barn owl, a bottle-nosed yellowish brown bandicoot, a large acorn, a copper lockpick, some acantha leaf, a large acorn, a heavy slab of iron, a heavy slab of iron, a dark brocade pouch, a tincture of haphip, some stringy blue lint, a large acorn, a rations kit, a reinforced shield, an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.

Also here: Xayd, Lord Asben, Sadiam who is sitting, Aracnid, Mayor Leafiara, Wolfloner, Lord Yavs, Auzod, Hapenlok, Squire Legionnaire Iskandr, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Stormicore

The sky begins to fill with huge clouds, dark and grey on the bottom, pale and white atop, their puffy crowns ascending toward the heavens.

Speaking to Wolfloner, Hapenlok says, "One beaked person looks the same as another to me."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Well, I was a bit under the weather at the time, but I heard Khylon was up and about last night."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "Yep, and already making lots of moves."

Balley softly says, "I am hoping he will follow through."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "That's good to hear. He's a good man."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "Trying to arrange a meeting with Mother, arrest warrant out for Rone, investigations of Amos and Stephos and the Daily Darkstone..."

Auzod says, "Raining."

Balley softly says, "My thoughts and his energy had me thinking he has a lot of ideas not sure he is ready to really put them into action or will make others do it."

Wolfloner darkly says, "Khylon is broken down. Lost a step it seems."

Kiwoeachi says, "Saw some young girl handing a scroll to a shadowy figure in an alley."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Oh yeah. I read one of those. To think, they're trying to pin the wagons on me. If they knew me, they'd know that wasn't my work."

Balley softly says, "I told you I would give you my thoughts today."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "The miniatures on the ground would have been fused together."

Kiwoeachi says, "Shady stuff."

Balley softly says, "I do think is better than Thadston."

Speaking to Balley, Leafiara says, "It's true, it's one thing to say what he wants to do and another to do it."

Leafiara says, "I still don't think he should have been so public about all his plans, but..."

Balley softly says, "He wants others to carry them out."

Kiwoeachi says, "Clearly some back alley going ons."

Balley softly says, "He was a captain and used to giving the orders to his people to carry them out."

Kiwoeachi says, "Using young girls as mules."

Speaking to Balley, Leafiara says, "I'm fine with that, he's still better than a nobody like Cutlass or shady Amos."

Balley softly says, "I agree."

Balley softly says, "Oh storm approaches."

Leafiara says, "Casiphia would have been a very good option too, though, I'll admit. Would have chosen both if I could have, maybe."

Speaking darkly to Leafiara, Wolfloner says, "You had nothing but bad choices to choose from."

Balley softly says, "Are you sure she is not Mother."

Speaking to Balley, Leafiara says, "Casiphia? Nope."

Speaking to Sadnama, Kiwoeachi asks, "Any dead people around?"

Speaking darkly to Leafiara, Wolfloner asks, "Do you know what faction of Rooks turned Rysus over?"

Sadnama says, "It's sad."

Speaking to Balley, Leafiara says, "Half of me hopes she is since then at least the Mother meeting will actually happen."

The coppery barn owl hoots at Leafiara.

Speaking to Sadnama, Kiwoeachi says, "Very sad, Leafi been saving them all."

Speaking to Wolfloner, Leafiara says, "No idea. They scattered real quick after he died."

Sadnama says, "I'm probably going to take a trip to the isle in a day or two."

Sadnama says, "I'll probably die then."

Speaking to Sadnama, Kiwoeachi says, "Guess without Kaedra saving everyone we all gotta make up the slack."

[General] Leafiara observes, "Another rainy Landing eve. Hope everyone enjoys such!"

Hapenlok says, "Honestly, Wolfloner, between Drangell and Rysus? A lot of people died for what wound up being ....nothing."

Hapenlok says, "No profit."

Wolfloner darkly asks, "Curious thing to happen. And who decided Rysus would be killed instead of being arrested?"

Kiwoeachi says, "Ok, so death and murder is usually reserved for weekends, got it."

Speaking to Wolfloner, Leafiara says, "I suppose it was Lylia in a sense... the guards were on standby that night with arrows ready, but she didn't call them to break up the stabbing."

Speaking to Wolfloner, Hapenlok says, "I was the one who said that it was too dangerous to keep either of them alive."

Speaking dreamily to Kiwoeachi, Echonar says, "As it should be."

Balley softly says, "I wonder what will happen here in the near future."

Speaking darkly to Leafiara, Wolfloner asks, "That does not strike you as odd?"

Speaking to Wolfloner, Leafiara says, "Extremely odd. I've been wondering for years if she secretly arranged the poison delivery."

Hapenlok says, "And honestly? I never gave it a second thought. It's a shame that a man in a chair had to make that choice for us."

Leafiara says, "She sure didn't seem surprised when she found out about it."

Leafiara asks, "Of course, now, ironically, she hates Mother more than almost anyone else hates Mother... so careful what you wish for?"

Wolfloner darkly asks, "Never curious as to whose pawn you were? Never a second thought of that?"

Wolfloner glances at Hapenlok.

Speaking flatly to Wolfloner, Hapenlok says, "In this case? I really don't care. It was personal between me and him, anyway."

Balley softly says, "We are brink of a new time in our history."

Wolfloner darkly says, "Ahhh."

Wolfloner darkly says, "Weather sign."

Speaking to Wolfloner, Hapenlok says, "I closed the books on my militia career with him dying."

Balley softly says, "Change is coming! It is in the air, the wind, the stillness,"

Balley softly says, "As you know I follow the wind."

Balley softly says, "It is telling me things are NOT what they seem."

Speaking quietly to Hapenlok, Wolfloner says, "I am not surprised."

Balley softly says, "People pretending to be who they are not."


Awaiting Mother

Some dark hooded figures creep along some nearby rooftops of town.

Wolfloner darkly says, "But I am not so interested in the pawns."

[General] Corwynne asks, "Dark hooded figures on rooftops?"

Wolfloner darkly says, "I am interested in the power behind it."

Towermen says, "People jumpin on roofs."

[General] Gaaknar thinks, "Uh oh, here we go again."

Speaking to Wolfloner, Hapenlok says, "I'm not saying it's not a relevant question, though...as strange as that sounds."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Leafiara says, "Ah, good, maybe your plan will work."

[General] Pietra exclaims, "Weeeee!"

Stormyrain says, "Mayhaps."

[General] Corwynne asks, "Wassat?"

Leafiara recites:

"Join up, since we have no Cryheart!"

Speaking to Wolfloner, Hapenlok says, "But me? It's not something I really care about, either way."

Speaking to Wolfloner, Hapenlok says, "He's dead. I'm not."

[General] Leafiara calmly thinks, "That would be the Rooks, so hopefully Mother's agreed to the meeting Captain Stormyrain wanted."

Speaking darkly to Hapenlok, Wolfloner says, "That is yet to be determined."

The coppery barn owl hoots at Stormyrain.

Speaking to Wolfloner, Hapenlok says, "And honestly, I've got more important things occupying my attention. While they look within? I'm keeping my eyes open, out there."

Speaking quietly to Pietra, Tsarok says, "I want combat."

Speaking darkly to Hapenlok, Wolfloner says, "Would seem my questions had the intended consequences."

Speaking to Tsarok, Pietra asks, "You might get it. Who knows?"

A young freckled boy slips into the area and stops near Leafiara. He whispers, "Boatyard." then slips away into the night.

Taulramil says, "I've been in the guild."

Speaking to Leafiara, Pietra exclaims, "Aww, the cute lil one!"

Leafiara recites:

"Last call to move! Ten seconds!"

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "I guess I'll pretend to be your bodyguard for a bit. My provisions are still on order."

Taulramil says, "The child....whispered loudly."

Leafiara says, "Okay... moving."

[travel]

[Wehnimer's, Boatyard]

Half-completed shipping vessels, sections of wooden supports, canvas, and vessels in need of repair are strewn along this strand of riverfront beach, separated from the town proper by the wooden boatyard fence. The hulking framework of a ship under construction rises against the starlit sky like a giant skeleton belonging to some forgotten sea creature. You also see a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure and the boatyard gate.

Balley, Hapenlok, Kiwoeachi, Berost, Stormyrain, Towermen, Taulramil, Tsarok, Pietra, Allyria, Bhenidre, Wolfloner and Mongonator followed.

Leafiara amiably says, "Good eve, all."

Speaking darkly to a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, Wolfloner says, "Gloomy night."

Speaking to Wolfloner, Taulramil says, "Might be a tad more than gloomy mate."

Nearby, the rooftops stir with movement as some dark hooded figures crouch low, bows in hands, arrows drawn as they hug the edge but keep focused on the surrounding area.

Leafiara slowly says, "...and I do hope Mother herself will be here, since some of us have--concerns about a rival or imitation faction."

Speaking to Leafiara, Pietra says, "Nah, there are no concerns to speak of."

From within the half-completed hulking frames of ships, dozens of more Rooks appear, stepping half-way out of the shadows, blades or bows at the ready, but still far from the crowd.

Stormyrain whispers something to Leafiara.

Taulramil says, "Hm."

Pietra whispers something to Tsarok.

Kiwoeachi says, "Everyone behind Tsarok."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok asks, "Remember the part when I said that I was going to be your bodyguard?"


Thadston and the Tunnels

Mother steps out of shadows of a hulking ship, moving closer to the crowd and nodding.

Speaking tentatively to Hapenlok, Leafiara asks, "Yes?"

Speaking wryly to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "You're on your own."

Hapenlok quickly ducks behind Leafiara.

Taulramil says, "Mother..."

Balley softly says, "Hello Mother."

Speaking relievedly to Mother, Leafiara says, "Ah, good, you're alright. I'm sure I'll catch flak for saying that, but I was getting worried."

Mother softly says, "You were worried. I'm touched." [these two lines were said at almost the same time, so potentially not even a response to Leafi here and now but rather what she wrote in the letter requesting a meeting]

[General] Shinann thinks, "Evening."

Speaking darkly to Mother, Wolfloner says, "Been a while."

[General] Pietra thinks, "Evening. We're at the boatyard with Mother."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Good evening."

Mother softly says, "There are new dangers to the town, it has at times required more subtle movements."

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara asks, "Then what's been happening lately? You've seemed to change direction and tactics for--what reason?"

Leafiara tilts her head at Mother.

Berost deeply says, "Cuz it be sutin her needs now."

Mother softly says, "The Brotherhood's mission has not changed."

Leafiara peers quizzically at Mother.

Mongonator asks, "Brotherhood or Motherhood?"

Mother softly says, "I do not expect you to always agree with our tactics. We've tried to avoid conflict."

Mother softly says, "In the tunnels, you did not stand down I was told."

Mother softly says, "You have your own role in these things to perhaps reflect upon."

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara confesses, "I truly don't understand. What is the pressing threat with Thadston in his current state? Amos is more understandable."

Leafiara frowns at Mother.

Shinann says, "The tunnels are for everyone's use..."

Mother softly says, "When a predator is wounded, it is still a predator."'

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara says, "What was the threat to you with Thadston, ever, then? He struck deals with you last year."

Leafiara furrows her brow.

Pietra whispers something to Tsarok.

Mother softly says, "He came into our tunnels, striking our Rooks."

Kiwoeachi asks, "How do you catch a predator?"

Leafiara says, "Not that night he didn't. You fired first."

Sareyna says, "He did in fact."

Mother softly says, "We provided warnings. A courtesy my predecessors have not so readily provided."

Leafiara shakes her head.

Mother softly says, "He assaulted our members in the tavern."

Speaking to Leafiara, Taulramil says, "What warnings does she speak of."

Speaking to Mother, Shinann says, "We cannot even be sure you are the original masked one, since we have no way to verify who you are."

Speaking to Taulramil, Leafiara says, "They did give warnings to leave the tunnels, that much is true."

Speaking to Leafiara, Taulramil says, "I've been present and fought their ilk."

Mother softly asks, "Has he been charged or arrested for his assault on fellow citizens in the tavern?"

Mother softly asks, "Throwing a man through a window? Bloodying another in the alley? Chasing him into the tunnels?"

Speaking to Mother, Pietra says, "You say that like it should have happened. But it didn't."

Speaking to Mother, Taulramil says, "A drunken brawl is all."

Speaking darkly to Leafiara, Wolfloner says, "She has a point."

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara says, "It was a drunken bar fight--there were no charges anywhere around, for any involved."

Stormyrain says, "The guard were called, but I believe they opted not to charge any involved. Rook or former Marshal alike."

Leafiara says, "The guard--"

Leafiara nods at Stormyrain.

Speaking to Mother, Taulramil says, "Their mother...should have taught them better perhaps."

Mother softly says, "He came into our tunnels, he sought to carry out his own measure of justice. We warned you to step aside."

Sareyna says, "Again true."

Hapenlok says, "Literally, if we charged absolutely everyone who's ever been in a drunken bar fight, this entire town would have to be converted into a prison camp."

Mother softly says, "My tactics have not changed if you are told the flame is hot but you touch it nonetheless."

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara acknowledges, "I won't deny that some of us got overzealous in the tunnels, on all sides, deploying lethal force very quickly. Myself included."

Speaking guiltily to Mother, Taulramil says, "Even I, have been one to partake in a brawl with others in a tavern, alcohol fueled."

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara says, "I'd wanted to establish tonight whether there's any chance we could put this aside, but the way you're talking, I'm not sure there is."

Mother softly says, "We are defeated if we come from a position of weakness, surely you needn't this conversation to know that."

Speaking darkly to Mother, Wolfloner asks, "Do you know anything of a spirit appearing as a pale woman surrounding Thadston?"

Mother softly says, "We have no continued vendetta."

Grauph just arrived.

Grauph lets out a loud snarling growl and goes berserk!

Mother softly says, "We did not pursue Thadston outside of the tunnels, nor any of you."

Grauph rages across the battlefield, striking with unrelenting fury!

Grauph swings a gold-edged faenor claidhmore at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

Amazingly, the dark hooded figure manages to parry the attack with its handaxe!

Grauph swings a gold-edged faenor claidhmore at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +411 vs DS: +319 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +28 = +150

... and hits for 33 points of damage!

Slash to the dark hooded figure's right arm!

Slices neatly through the skin and meets bone!

Grauph swings a gold-edged faenor claidhmore at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +411 vs DS: +319 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +29 = +151

... and hits for 43 points of damage!

Deep, bloody slash to the dark hooded figure's right thigh!

The dark hooded figure is knocked to the ground!

Grauph swings a gold-edged faenor claidhmore at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +411 vs DS: +319 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +12 = +134

... and hits for 27 points of damage!

Mighty blow cracks several ribs.

Grauph swings a gold-edged faenor claidhmore at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +411 vs DS: +319 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +47 = +169

... and hits for 65 points of damage!

Slash to head destroys the dark hooded figure's left eye!

Doesn't do its brain any good either.

Grauph swings a gold-edged faenor claidhmore at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure!

AS: +411 vs DS: +319 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +87 = +209

... and hits for 105 points of damage!

Crushing blow to the spine!

The dark hooded figure slumps to the ground.

The dark hooded figure is knocked to the ground!

Leafiara calls upon peaceful spirits and directs them through the area...

Leafiara gestures.

A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

Speaking to Grauph, Leafiara says, "Hold."

Speaking to Grauph, Stormyrain hisses, "Stop that. Are you trying to get us all killed?"

A sleek black arrow comes flying out of the shadows and strikes Grauph in the throat!

... 24 points of damage!

Fine shot pierces jugular vein! The brain wonders where all its oxygen went, briefly.

Grauph drops dead at your feet!

Pietra says, "Welp, that was quick."

Grauph's body decays into compost.

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara grumbles, "Apologies for that. I'll keep a better eye on the sanctuary."

Kiwoeachi says, "Didn't take much."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Taulramil says, "I can drag him to town square."

Speaking to Taulramil, Stormyrain says, "No need, the Gods have had their way with him."

Mongonator says, "Looked like just another drunken bar fighter to me."

Kiwoeachi says, "I knew someone would do that."

Hapenlok says, "I'm no healer but..."

Some of the wounded Rooks slip off into the shadows.

Mother squints.

Kiwoeachi says, "I think he has more than healing to worry about now."

Sareyna says, "Silly really."

Taulramil says, "I have bandages for those wounded."


Mission Statement

Speaking slowly to Mother, Leafiara asks, "Now, back to business... if no vendetta, and your mission hasn't changed, then what is it? Can you lay it out clearly?"

(Hapenlok slips the bandages back into his survival kit as the wounded retreat.)

Speaking to Mother, Pietra says, "A question was asked, a rather pertinent question."

Pietra nods encouragingly at Wolfloner.

(OOC) Mongonator's player whispers to the group, "That was kinda funny."

Wolfloner glances at Mother.

Mother squints.

Berost deeply says, "Same as always, do what is best fer her, all else be damned."

Sacru whispers something to Pietra.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure just arrived!

Pietra whispers something to Sacru.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure just arrived!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure just arrived!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure just arrived!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure just arrived!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure just arrived!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure just arrived!

Speaking darkly to Mother, Wolfloner asks, "Do you know anything of a spirit appearing as a pale woman surrounding Thadston?"

Mother softly says, "It is unfortunate some who have traveled here with you cannot control their bloodlust."

Mother nods at Leafiara.

Leafiara nods at Mother.

Mother softly asks, "But let us keep pivoting to the Brotherhood, shall we?"

Leafiara furrows her brow.

Berost deeply says, "Yar, let's."

Mother softly says, "We will do what we must to protect the interests of the Brotherhood, which is to the betterment and independence of Wehnimer's Landing."

Kiwoeachi says, "I don't think he traveled here with us."

Stormyrain states, "He did not travel here with us, he walked through and saw your armed people."

Mother softly says, "There are factions moving into the town, some old, some new."

Mongonator says, "He prolly got lost looking for something to hunt in the sewers, I'm sure."

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara asks, "And are you certain you haven't been infiltrated or compromised?"

Mother softly says, "All of which have seemingly decided our presence is one that is ripe to be conquered."

Mother softly says, "We are united against our enemies."

Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok says, "Does that include starting a three-way fight between the militia, Malluch and Stone's followers and your Rooks? Because honestly, sister...I don't think that really does a whole lot to further the sense of independence of a lot of people."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "To be fair, you were pretty happy to unleash on Malluch's followers by the end of it all."

Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok says, "And now that I got that out of my system. I'll take my arrow to the knee, please."

Mother softly says, "You may disagree with some of our tactics, but you have expectations that at times will not allow the Brotherhood to protect itself."

Sareyna says, "True."

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara asks, "That said, he does have a point. What happened to not bleeding our own to protect our own?"

Taulramil says, "I always was told this town was independent of surrounding kingdoms and claimed lands."

Mother softly says, "We were framed several weeks ago for the attack on Malluch's caravan."

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara says, "I agree with that much."

Mother softly says, "There have been plans in the works against us."

Leafiara nods.

Pietra says, "Where's Pukk anyways? We need some sarcasm with threads of truth."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "By the end of the night, I was knocking everyone out. To be also fair."

Mongonator asks, "To what end?"

Mother softly says, "We've made no initial assaults on any of you here, or the militia."

Mother softly says, "We're working to ward off the other factions trying to move in."

Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok asks, "So, you're saying that your Rooks weren't on the rooftops when the zealots stormed the gates?"

Goldstr says, "One crimanal group against da other."

Leafiara acknowledges, "I don't think anyone can deny that there are problem factions moving in who we need to deal with."

Taulramil says, "Trying to steal."

Mother softly says, "We did nothing wrong in trying to prevent Malluch's cult from growing."

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara says, "I can't even argue that one, though some would."

Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok says, "I'm not saying it's wrong or right, at this point."

Speaking to Trazzle, Pietra says, "Stop that." [was sneaking in and out of the room causing mass spam as Rooks noticed]

Sareyna says, "He needs some training in hiding for sure."

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara says, "The question to me is simply why the miltia and guard should continue to leave you be, for the most part."

Kiwoeachi exclaims, "Warriors, come out and play!"

Trazzle says, "I wasn't trying to hide from you all."

Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok says, "Just that I could have done without your people and the militia trying to kill me at the same time."

Taulramil says, "I am right here."

Speaking darkly to Trazzle, Wolfloner says, "It is for your own good."

Sareyna says, "If you noticed, if you did not attack the Rooks they did not attack you hap."

Mother softly says, "The knaves who are moving in, also some of the Lich King's men, they are not our people. They do not fight for Wehnimer's."

Kiwoeachi says, "If I can see him tiptoeing around, that's bad news."

'Mother softly says, "If the militia and guard wish to come for us, they surely can, but we are as much Wehnimer's as they are."

Speaking flatly to Sareyna, Hapenlok says, "You weren't there. I was. Everyone was going for everyone else."

Sareyna says, "I was there though Hap."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Kippe says, "No. We weren't."

Shinann says, "You ordered us out of the tunnels and attacked us when we did not leave."

Speaking to Mother, Goldstr says, "Bah on dat."

Mother softly says, "We will do, and we can do, that which the militia and guard cannot. By law, by boundaries, by whatever you wish to call it."

Berost deeply asks, "Then which of Amos is he? Lich or other?"

Shinann says, "Stop muddying the waters."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Pietra asks, "I stood back watching the fun and enjoying some lager, was it?"

Mother softly says, "You are making my point."

Mother nods at Shinann.

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara says, "But how can we trust you? What assurances do we have that we won't be backstabbed? That's what many are looking for, as an answer."

Shinann asks, "How?"

Leafiara gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

Mother softly says, "We warned you to leave."

Shinann says, "You attacked citizens."

Mother softly says, "If you pet a snarling dog and cry when bitten, you are at fault."

Speaking deeply to Leafiara, Berost says, "None, as always. She will help when it suits her needs, not tha towns; and fer damned sure not ours."

Shinann says, "You were not protecting the Landing."

Sareyna says, "After they attacked."

Speaking darkly to Leafiara, Wolfloner asks, "Has she stated anything untrue?"

Kiwoeachi says, "Sounds like just another vigilante."

Hapenlok says, "Oh for the love of..."

Shinann says, "We had no reason to leave."

Mongonator says, "Sounds like we need to put the dog down."

Shinann says, "Not your tunnels."

Mother softly asks, "Assurance?"

Goldstr says, "Vigilantes be lawbreakers an dat be dat."

Kiwoeachi says, "Don't think we need MORE vigilantes."

Shinann says, "You just bully and threaten people."

Mother softly asks, "What possibly would even be sufficient for assurance for you?"

Shinann says, "To stay out."

Shinann says, "I am done."

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara clarifies, "I'm saying: do you want to work with other defenders, as you once did, or not? There was a time when you said you'd try to bring information to the militia as a sort of alliance."

Speaking to Roelon, Ycelacie says, "That is a fancy kilt."

Shinann mutters under her breath.

Hapenlok says, "You know, all this talk about criminal factions moving in..."

Sadnama says, "Yep it's me."

Hapenlok says, "Nobody's even thought to ask ....WHICH ONES."

'Leafiara says, "But I haven't seen much of that, except the names of some certain fireflies."


Stormyrain's Inquiries

Mother softly says, "You are one woman. The Captains here, perhaps can help. But the new Marshal is an adamant hater of the Brotherhood, and he has named an old ally of his as the Guard captain. I do not see any measure of assurances being enough for them."

Stormyrain wearily offers, "Interim, Interim Marshal."

Kiwoeachi says, "Lotta shady business going on in this town."

Leafiara relents, "Khylon's said that he'll lean on the captains, so... yes, perhaps you should be answering their questions more than mine."

Speaking to Mother, Goldstr exclaims, "An da new Marshal has good reason!"

Leafiara says, "Even this very meeting was Stormyrain's idea rather than mine, after all."

Mother softly says, "We will bring information, when and if we have it. But we will not do so and wait for action from others. This is our fight for survival. In truth, it is in a way your fight for survival, as I said, we are as much Wehnimer's as you. The others coming in? They are not."

Mongonator says, "If you wanna help the town like you claim you do, why don't you apply to join the militia officially."

Mother softly says, "They will bleed this town of blood and silver and carve it up into pieces."

Speaking darkly to Mother, Wolfloner asks, "What can you tell us of the other?"

Speaking to Mother, Stormyrain inquires, "Do you know who attacked the caravan of goods from Walward? Or who put pressure on the other campaignees for Steward of the Guilds?"

Balley softly asks, "How do we know the others are not one of the Brotherhood?"

Kiwoeachi says, "Maybe she doesn't know the people of this town that well."

Kiwoeachi says, "I see all kinds of people saving lives around here."

Goldstr says, "Dats jess how ye Rooks started here, bleedin our poor merchants."

Pietra whispers something to Sacru.

Kiwoeachi says, "Haven't seen a Rook save anyone."

Sacru whispers something to Pietra.

Mother softly says, "Walward has...communicated with us in the past."

Speaking to Kiwoeachi, Leafiara says, "I have. They've saved me directly."

Mother softly says, "He is not currently. Something shook him. Someone."

Kiwoeachi asks, "One time?"

Kiwoeachi says, "Geez."

Pietra whispers something to Sacru.

Roelon deeply says, "Ah hae seen ...some assistance from them before... but now? hrmm."

Speaking to Kiwoeachi, Leafiara says, "Would have been food for Raznel's spiders if not for them rescuing me."

Speaking to Leafiara, Kiwoeachi says, "Sorry I wasn't around I woulda saved ya."

Stormyrain says, "Your eyes and ears canvas more areas of the town than we formally do. If we have a new faction, or a new single operator, trying to intimidate their way into power it may be in all our best interests to find, and stop, the threat."

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara says, "Indeed, as expected. A shame too since he was going to be my pick."

Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok asks, "Honestly, I'm assuming he's paid tribute to your folks....what would shake him that badly? Or who?"

Sacru whispers something to Pietra.

Speaking to Kiwoeachi, Mongonator says, "They prolly did it to hold one over her for a future favor."

Mother softly says, "We have heard speak of a figurehead named the Knave."

Speaking to Mongonator, Kiwoeachi says, "Typical power play."

Stormyrain folds her hands behind her back.

Speaking to Leafiara, Taulramil says, "You know Ta'Vaalor is looking to get more trade going, the king has removed the law requiring visitors and non Vaalorian folk to have papers."

Stormyrain nods faintly.

Mother softly says, "We have seen the Lich King in our tunnels."

Mother softly says, "We do not trust Amos."

The voice of Gutstorm drunkenly says, "How he doin? Me like him."

Stormyrain nods faintly.

Leafiara says, "With good reason."

Kiwoeachi asks, "The Lich King is here?"

Kiwoeachi says, "Time to go home again."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Goldstr says, "Protection money, nae tributes."

Pietra whispers something to Sacru.

Stormyrain says, "All useful information, thank you."

Mother softly says, "Some cultists of the Blood Son have grown more...noisy lately."

Stormyrain looks lost in thought.

Stormyrain nods faintly.

Speaking to Goldstr, Hapenlok says, "Well, I've experience with those matters. And I find tribute is a more polite term."

Sacru whispers something to Pietra.

Mother softly says, "The DeArchons have been relatively quiet. But we trust Alendrial."

Stormyrain smiles.

Stormyrain nods understandingly.

Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok quips, "Your funeral."

Sacru whispers something to Pietra.

Pietra whispers something to Sacru.

Shinann asks, "Leave Thadston alone in his current state... I can at least ask that, right?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Taulramil says, "I remember them, I fought one of those bloodguards, we were ready in case anything passed over the mountains."

The voice of Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Neber trush a burdocrat."

Mother softly asks, "Is that the assurance you need?"

Mother peers quizzically at Shinann.

Stormyrain gently brushes her pale silver hair away from her eyes and, with a deft twist of her wrist, tucks it back into its bindings.

Ycelacie says, "I don't want to die here right now."

Mother peers quizzically at Ycelacie.

Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok says, "So, the Knave....is that all you have at this point? A name? Any theories? I'm a bit out of date in my knowledge of the factions in and around the Empire."

Shinann says, "Only a part of it... will leave the rest to the Mayor and Stormyrain."

Ycelacie says, "If there is some sort of thing, I am going to be kinda pissed."

Speaking respectfully to Stormyrain, Leafiara proposes, "Captain, how about this... the meeting was your idea, and from the beginning I've said it wouldn't be right for the mayor to try to order the marshal around. So you and Shinann can decide what to make of tonight's discussion and I'll stay out of it?"

Speaking to Ycelacie, Kiwoeachi says, "Unlikely, as you're in a sanctuary."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Leafiara says, "As far as the militia's next moves."

Shinann looks thoughtfully at Leafiara.

Pietra whispers something to Asben.

Shinann glances at Stormyrain.

Mongonator says, "Just don't berserk the Rooks and you should be ok."

Speaking to Kiwoeachi, Ycelacie says, "I can break those."

Mother softly says, "We are trying to avoid full on conflict in the streets."

Mother softly says, "No one benefits from that."

Hapenlok says, "I mean, I still think I've got Silver Kings in Torre that probably want to kill me. That's the last of my involvement with any shady figures....other than you lot."

Leafiara bluntly says, "Half the people standing here think I'm a Rook anyway, so it's probably better for me to stay out of trying to persuade the militia of anything here."

Speaking to Ycelacie, Kiwoeachi says, "I doubt you'll break this one."

Stormyrain nods faintly at Mother.

Asben whispers something to Pietra.

Stormicore says, "Why not berserk the Rooks."

Speaking to Leafiara, Stormyrain asks, "The Mayor's opinion is simply that. And the militia does not act upon just one opinion. But thank you?"

Speaking to Stormicore, Leafiara says, "Because they're standing here doing nothing."

Mother softly says, "But if you're asking the Brotherhood to stand down, shrink into the shadows, that is not an option."

Mother softly says, "We have enemies approaching our territory."

Speaking darkly to Stormicore, Wolfloner says, "I would not recommend it."

Stormicore says, "It worked last time."

Mother softly says, "We will defend it, and better yet, we will crush those trying to impose on us, to prevent them from regrowing."

Speaking to Mother, Goldstr asks, "YOUR Territory?"

Speaking to Stormyrain, Leafiara clarifies, "I mean in terms of recommendations made to Khylon, I can stay out of it."

Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok says, "Honestly, the fact that for the most part you've all remained somewhat silent these past months gives us pause."

Hapenlok says, "Well, me anyway."

Mother softly says, "Yes, our territory."

Mother nods at Goldstr.

Speaking darkly to Stormicore, Wolfloner says, "They have shown great restraint so far. I would not rely on that to continue."

Goldstr says, "Jeesh I thought was da citizens' town."

Speaking to Sacru, Pietra asks, "Gimme?"

Taulramil exclaims, "Why don't ya settle the issue over a good game of roshambo!"

Taulramil says, "Solves everything."

Speaking to Leafiara, Stormyrain says, "..you're free to offer your opinion. The Marshal will give it the weight the Mayor's opinion should have. I'm sure he will want to know it before he acts."

Pietra whispers something to Tsarok.

Speaking to Pietra, Sacru says, "Okay. Just a sip, though."

Speaking curiously to Stormyrain, Leafiara says, "Well, fair enough. I just don't want anything to appear improper."


Alternatives?

Mother softly says, "You spoke of assurances, but provide no ideas."

Kiwoeachi says, "Money talks."

Speaking to Sacru, Pietra asks, "Honor, ya know?"

Speaking darkly to Leafiara, Wolfloner says, "Perhaps an accord is in order."

Speaking to Mother, Goldstr exclaims, "One idea Have yer Rooks who want to help da Landin JOIN da Militia!"

Speaking to Wolfloner, Leafiara says, "That's more or less what we're here for."

Mother begins chuckling at Goldstr!

Speaking to Goldstr, Stormyrain says, "I'm sure we have one or two Rooks in our midst as it is."

Leafiara says, "Undoubtedly."

Kiwoeachi says, "Turn into an army pretty quick."

Speaking to Mother, Goldstr asks, "Funny idea eh?"

Speaking darkly to Leafiara, Wolfloner says, "Khylon has been speaking aggressively against the Rooks. He should be made to stand down on that. There seem to be bigger threats in play."

Goldstr scowls.

Pietra asks, "Can we go to Helga's after this accord and have some more drinks?"

Mother softly says, "If we joined the militia, we would forfeit the last great bastion of independence this town had and the Gryphons would be forced to come conquer the town at the head of an imperial army."

Kiwoeachi says, "The vigilante needs dealt with first probably, seems to be a big issue for everyone."

Speaking to Wolfloner, Leafiara says, "He did agree to this meeting proposed by Stormy...rain instead of acting immediately. I was actually surprised on that point."

Goldstr laughs at Mother!

Leafiara tilts her head at Mother.

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara asks, "...you're saying the militia isn't independent?"

Leafiara acts puzzled.

Taulramil says, "Hmm."

Mother softly says, "I am saying the militia has restraints."

Speaking darkly to Leafiara, Wolfloner says, "Then perhaps an accord that takes both parties' interests into account."

Stormyrain says, "Mother is not incorrect."

Kiwoeachi says, "Salty from all that time at sea."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Hapenlok says, "She's very correct. And therein is the basic reason I-"

Mother softly says, "The Brotherhood will do everything necessary to protect Wehnimer's independence. The militia will do everything only up to what is lawfully permitted."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Hapenlok says, "Not productive to go into THAT again. Never mind."

Stormyrain smiles.

Mother softly says, "You cannot win a war in the shadows."

Speaking to Mother, Kiwoeachi asks, "Doesn't that just make you as bad as Rone?"

Speaking to Stormyrain, Pietra asks, "Doesn't every militia need some sort of shadow militia for back up?"

Speaking to Pietra, Stormyrain says, "I wouldn't know about such things."

Speaking to Mother, Ycelacie asks, "Why do they call you Mother?"

Speaking to Stormyrain, Pietra says, "Yeah, me either."

Stormyrain adopts an agreeable expression.

Pietra appears to be trying hard not to grin.

Mother softly says, "Because I care for the others, and I have birthed a new way forward for us."

Speaking to Mother, Ycelacie asks, "My mother was cold, are you like her?"

Speaking darkly to Leafiara, Wolfloner says, "It is not without precadent."

Pietra whispers something to Stormyrain.

Goldstr says, "Aye by bein lawbreakers."

Mother softly says, "There is no stronger fighter than that wielded by a mother's love."

Mother softly says, "We will die for Wehnimer's."

Speaking to Mother, Kiwoeachi says, "We've all died for it."

Speaking darkly to Leafiara, Wolfloner says, "The empire has relationships very similar in nature. Same in the elven nations."

Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok asks, "I'd like to revisit my previous question. About the Knave? is a name all you have at this juncture?"

Some burly dwarven town guards march through the area, their grizzly beards each braided with ivory beads and their alert gaze staring out from beneath bushy eyebrows. One of them taps the handle of his axe against his palm as they continue their patrol.

Speaking wryly to Wolfloner, Leafiara says, "Yeah, like the entire Hall of Mages full of corruption."

Taulramil says, "Banaltra."

Mother softly says, "History has a way of rewarding lawbreakers with new titles such as freedom fighters, heroes, and pioneers."

Mother softly says, "Our time is coming."

Kiwoeachi says, "Ooh I just love those dwarves."

Kiwoeachi says, "So cute with their armor."

Speaking quietly to Sacru, Tsarok says, "I kinda wanna be a Rook."

Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok adds, "And Hapenlok."

Speaking darkly to Leafiara, Wolfloner says, "Make an accord you can both live with. You both have a common enemy."

Speaking to Tsarok, Pietra says, "No matter how you say it, or whisper it, or yell it. It doesn't happen."

Speaking to Tsarok, Sacru says, "The shadows have a tendency to draw those of our ilk."

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara admits, "It's a little hard for me to rebut that when meanwhile several standing here are recognized contacts of the Scions of Shaundara, and proud of it."

Pietra whispers something to Tsarok.

Mother softly says, "We are not actively targeting you. We are not actively targeting the militia. But if our paths cross as we fight against those encroaching upon us, we cannot pause, we cannot show weakness."

Sareyna says, "Makes sense."

Mother softly says, "Stand down and watch us live or die, or join us, as we fight to live or die."

Stormyrain offers, "I have what I need from this meeting. I appreciate the candor and the willingness to meet."

Mother softly says, "Those are truly your only options."

Speaking to Mother, Goldstr says, "Den goes both ways."

Speaking to Tsarok, Sacru says, "But a Rook, shadows or no, knows only two directions."

Mother nods at Stormyrain.

Speaking appreciatively to Mother, Hapenlok says, "I expect nothing less."

Speaking earnestly to Stormyrain, Leafiara says, "Excellent, I'm glad this was productive then."

Stormyrain inclines her head.

Mother nods at Wolfloner.

Speaking to Stormyrain, Goldstr says, "An I do be sorry Captain but I gots to say wha I feel."

Taulramil says, "Hmm."

Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok says, "For my part? I won't exactly want to invite you over to dinner, but my feud with your side ended when Rysus died. I suppose I should say that."

Mother softly asks, "Is there more?"

Speaking darkly to Leafiara, Wolfloner says, "At the very least in is not in the town's interest to be drawn into a conflict with the Rooks."

Leafiara concludes, "Nothing more on my part. Captain Shinann?"

Speaking to Mother, Pietra says, "Was interesting to see you again."

Shinann shakes her head.

Shinann nods at Stormyrain.

Asben whispers something to Pietra.

Mother softly says, "I am not sure what was accomplished this night. Perhaps a small measure of progress."

Pietra whispers something to Asben.

Speaking to Wolfloner, Leafiara says, "I'd tend to agree, at least at this point, but--again, I'll leave the miitia decision to our militia."

Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok says, "Well, other than one idiot, we didn't try to kill each other."

Speaking to Mother, Goldstr exclaims, "Sos ye knows da Gryphon's oath be protect da Landin from all!"

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara says, "I think what's been accomplished is yet to come after the captains confer with Khylon... but that's only my thought."

Hapenlok says, "I suppose that in itself is a decent start."

Mother softly says, "The Gryphons serve two masters."

Gutstorm's incorporeal halfling firemage crosses its arms over its chest.

Mother nods at Goldstr.

Gutstorm drunkenly exclaims, "Riddlesh!"

Goldstr says, "Only da Knight Bannerets."

Stormyrain murmurs, "If you will all excuse me?"

Speaking to Goldstr, Hapenlok says, "I've got one question, Goldstr."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Me firemage doesh a good impression of Raelee."

Stormyrain places a hand over her heart.

Stormyrain bows.

Mother nods at Stormyrain.

Stormyrain nods gratefully at Mother.

Stormyrain just went east.

Leafiara amiably says, "Have a good eve and thank you for--"

Leafiara glances east.

Goldstr lowers his hands toward the golden spurs.

Goldstr attends to his golden spurs, making the spurs as presentable as possible.

Kiwoeachi asks, "Shootin' that guy in the head?"

Goldstr exclaims, "Dese spurs serve da Landin!"

Mother softly says, "You see spurs. I see chains."

Taulramil says, "Well."

Mother softly says, "But I do not question your honor."

Mother nods at Goldstr.

Kiwoeachi whispers to the group, "Who are the Rooks fighting?"

Goldstr bows to Mother.

Mother softly asks, "Are we finished Mayor?"

Pietra whispers to the group, "The other Rooks."

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara admits, "I will say, if some of us knew what those ogres would look like beforehand, there would probably have been at least a few more willing to let Amos' second ship be destroyed. That can only backfire somehow."

Hapenlok whispers to the group, "To be honest? we're still trying to figure that out."

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara says, "I believe so, yes."

Pietra whispers to the group, "I suppose."

Leafiara whispers to the group, "Agreed."

Shinann whispers to the group, "The laws..."

Roelon whispers to the group, "Knaves? All ah bit confusin'..."

Kiwoeachi says, "So long as everyone is equally confused then."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok reminds, "Knave."

Leafiara whispers to the group, "At least three factions, potentially four... possibly even five."

Mother softly says, "We will share what we know, when we know it, so you might best understand our moves when we do make them."

Shinann whispers to the group, "If they did not fight the laws... oh... that part... nevermind...."

Roelon whispers to the group, "As if there was nae enough to worry about."

Goldstr says, "Firs enuff."

Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok concedes, "Fair enough, I suppose."

Leafiara whispers to the group, "Rooks, knaves, Malluch's group, Barnom, Amos if he's separate from the others..."

Speaking to Leafiara, Taulramil says, "As much as I would love to stay and make sure we are safe, but alas my battle with grimswarm has taken its toll on me. Excuse me."

Pietra visibly whispers to the group, "We've also got some drunks. But that's a given."

Mother steps back into the shadowy, skeletal frame of a half-finished ship and disappears into the night.

Taulramil says, "I hope everyone stays safe."

Hapenlok says, "Like I said, my feud with the Rooks is concluded. As long as they're not trying to kill me? I won't make them spontaneously combust."

Pietra says, "Ahhhh."

Sareyna says, "Nice exit."

Taulramil says, "She's sneaky."

Pietra says, "She always makes a sweet exit."

Shinann glances at a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

Shinann says, "Shoo."

The rest of the Rooks soon follow, scattering in different ways, vanishing into the night like muted shades.


Discussion Afterward

Goldstr says, "I will be honest, I will never trust her."

Speaking to Goldstr, Hapenlok says, "You'd be an idiot to do so."

Taulramil says, "Alright."

Taulramil says, "Thats good, no one died tonight."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Sho mishteeriush."

Speaking curiously to Goldstr, Kippe asks, "Has she lied to you?"

Tsarok quietly says, "I kinda like her. Hard to trust someone wearing a mask though."

Taulramil says, "Well done captains, and mayor."

Leafiara musingly says, "Maybe Mother needs to appoint some unaffiliated 'ambassadors' or some such to deliver messages so she doesn't always have to come out herself."

Speaking to Taulramil, Leafiara says, "This one was on Stormyrain, but thank you regardless."

Speaking to Kippe, Goldstr says, "She jess did."

Taulramil says, "Though it is always fun to have a fight on our hands."

Hapenlok says, "But honestly, she's always seemed forthright and fair."

Speaking to Leafiara, Shinann says, "No... she will use children."

Pietra whispers something to Tsarok.

Speaking skeptically to Goldstr, Kippe inquires, "Did she?"

Speaking to Shinann, Leafiara clarifies, "I mean more like, say, Pukk."

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Thish playsh needsh a dart board."

Hapenlok says, "As honest as one can be from dealing from the shadows, she's seemed okay."

Speaking to Kippe, Goldstr asks, "Ye nae listened to all she said?"

Speaking simply to Goldstr, Kippe says, "I did."

Shinann says, "Pukk is sort of childi... umm... childlike."

Speaking to Shinann, Leafiara reasons, "It's not like he's not open about liking the Rooks, so... would be a decent choice. He's already Cryheart's herald, might as well be Moth--"

Leafiara begins chortling at Shinann.

Speaking drunkenly to Tsarok, Gutstorm asks, "If me join da hellen hall, can beme da one eighf mashter?"

Speaking to Goldstr, Hapenlok says, "Which leads me to my question, Goldstr."

Speaking to Goldstr, Hapenlok asks, "What is happening with Earl Jovery?"

Speaking quietly to Gutstorm, Tsarok exclaims, "I suppose anything is possible!"

Shinann says, "If you all will excuse me, please."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Goldstr says, "I have nae heard word bout da Northern Sentinel in awhile."

Leafiara recites:

"Alright, everyone join or rejoin and we can head back to the square!"

Gutstorm drunkenly exclaims, "Xorus, shell me a rat!"

Leafiara recites:

"Moving in 5!"

[travel]

[Wehnimer's, West Crossing]

From here, the vista along the horizon affords a view of both banks of the river. To the west, the dark expanse of the town's low skyline is dominated by rambling structures and a few towers. To the east lies the bridge across the Locksmehr, spanning the dark waters to the less-populated east bank. You also see a blue modwir gate and a rainbow-colored tent.

Obvious paths: north, south, west

Asben, Mongonator, Stormicore, Roelon, Goldstr, Sareyna, Xorus, Gutstorm, Kippe, Hapenlok, Kiwoeachi, Towermen, Tsarok, Pietra, Allyria, Bhenidre and Wolfloner followed.

[Roll result: 100 (open d100: 11)]

Draccor springs upon Hapenlok from behind and attempts to grasp him by the chin while bringing up his feras dagger to slit his throat!

Hapenlok manages to fend off Draccor's attack!

Speaking to Gutstorm, Pietra says, "Rats don't have shells, smelly man."

Leafiara gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

[travel]

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see a heavy quartz orb, a reinforced shield, a tincture of wolifrew, a tincture of acantha, a tincture of acantha, a large acorn, a hazel scabbard, a bottle-nosed yellowish brown bandicoot that is sitting, a large acorn, a copper lockpick, some acantha leaf, a large acorn, a dark brocade pouch, a tincture of haphip, some stringy blue lint, a large acorn, a rations kit, an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.

Also here: Apprentice Spinal, Vaikeses who is sitting, High Lord Sadnama, Vittang who is kneeling, Echonar, Aracnid

Asben, Mongonator, Stormicore, Roelon, Goldstr, Sareyna, Xorus, Gutstorm, Kippe, Hapenlok, Kiwoeachi, Towermen, Tsarok, Pietra, Allyria, Bhenidre and Wolfloner followed.

Kiwoeachi says, "Eep."

Hapenlok yells, "You missed!"

Speaking to Goldstr, Hapenlok asks, "So, as I understand it....Earl Jovery is your liege lord, yes? But who's in line if ....and I hope it doesn't happen...but if something should happen?"

Speaking to Goldstr, Hapenlok says, "I mean, there's more Bourthian Soldiers in yon outpost than Hendoran, these days."

Goldstr asks, "Dems Amos's folks er Stephos's?" [OOC: one of the ambients; I didn't catch which]

Leafiara says, "I suspect Amos', but honestly, at this point I can't write off anything."

Leafiara says, "Could be Amos', Stephos', even Malluch's still operating somewhere out there..."

Goldstr says, "And er or da Knave."

Leafiara says, "And Barnom Slim apparently."

Leafiara grumbles, "So many factions."

Tsarok quietly says, "Hard to keep track."

Hapenlok says, "Well, it's a free for all."

Speaking to Leafiara, Pietra says, "We expect a very fancy chart from the Mayor's office within the week."

Tsarok quietly asks, "A... PIE chart?"

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "Honestly, it being a free for all is kind of a best case scenario. Worst case is three or more are working together..."

Tsarok quietly says, "Wasnt my best work."

Speaking to Tsarok, Pietra says, "But it was cute."

Vaikeses exclaims, "I'm so used to River's Rest!"

Goldstr says, "Ye folks take care, I mus rest."

Speaking to Goldstr, Hapenlok says, "We'll talk more about this later."

Kiwoeachi says, "Seems we need another Dreavening."

Sadnama says, "Dreavenings hurt business."


Bounty on Rone

Leafiara musingly says, "Welp. Interesting night if nothing else."

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into and out of the room, heading west!

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into and out of the room, heading west!

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into and out of the room, heading west!

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into and out of the room, heading west!

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into and out of the room, heading west!

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into and out of the room, heading west!

Speaking to Sadnama, Kiwoeachi says, "Ya but, I can't do bounties otherwise."

[Town Square, West]

Here in the midst of the town stretches the cobblestoned main bazaar, its lamplit lanes abuzz with traders and vendors hawking their wares at any hour of the day or night. Groups of citizens, discussing the day's events or preparing for nighttime hunts, gather around the doors of the merchants whose shops border the square. The gilded but peeling stone facade of the First Elanith Bank dominates this side of the square. You also see a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment and a crisp ivory parchment. Obvious paths: north, east, south, west

Leafiara picks up a crisp ivory parchment.

>read my par

In the Common language, it reads:

WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE.

THE VIGILANTE RONE. 20,000,000 REWARD.

Seek the Knave.

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into the room!

Leafiara says, "Hm."

Kippe picks up a crisp ivory parchment.

Leafiara yells, "Bounties for Rone!"

Leafiara idly says, "Curious."

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see an ember-eyed fire wyrdling, a reinforced shield, a tincture of wolifrew, a tincture of acantha, a tincture of acantha, a large acorn, a hazel scabbard, a bottle-nosed yellowish brown bandicoot that is sitting, a large acorn, a copper lockpick, some acantha leaf, a large acorn, a dark brocade pouch, a tincture of haphip, some stringy blue lint, a large acorn, a rations kit, an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.

Also here: Kiwoeachi, Hapenlok, Keemar, Lord Guyamon, Xorus, Towermen, Wolfloner, Vaikeses who is sitting, High Lord Sadnama, Echonar, Aracnid

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into and out of the room, heading southwest!

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into and out of the room, heading west!

Kiwoeachi says, "Oh."

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into and out of the room, heading southeast!

[Town Square, West]

Here in the midst of the town stretches the cobblestoned main bazaar, its lamplit lanes abuzz with traders and vendors hawking their wares at any hour of the day or night. Groups of citizens, discussing the day's events or preparing for nighttime hunts, gather around the doors of the merchants whose shops border the square. The gilded but peeling stone facade of the First Elanith Bank dominates this side of the square. You also see a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment and a crisp ivory parchment.

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, an amber-eyed tawny range wolf, a crisp ivory parchment, an ember-eyed fire wyrdling, a reinforced shield, a tincture of wolifrew, a tincture of acantha, a tincture of acantha, a large acorn, a hazel scabbard, a bottle-nosed yellowish brown bandicoot that is sitting, a large acorn, a copper lockpick, some acantha leaf, a large acorn, a dark brocade pouch, a tincture of haphip, some stringy blue lint, a large acorn, a rations kit, an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.

Also here: Kippe, Kiwoeachi, Hapenlok, Keemar, Lord Guyamon, Xorus, Towermen, Wolfloner, Vaikeses who is sitting, Echonar, Aracnid

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into and out of the room, heading southeast!

Speaking to Leafiara, Kippe says, "Only 20,000,000."

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into and out of the room, heading northwest!

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into and out of the room, heading northwest!

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into and out of the room, heading northwest!

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into and out of the room, heading southwest!

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into and out of the room, heading southeast!

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into and out of the room, heading southeast!

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into and out of the room, heading northwest!

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into and out of the room, heading southwest!

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into and out of the room, heading west!

Xorus says, "I was never paid for the last Rone bounty."

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into and out of the room, heading northwest!

Speaking wryly to Kippe, Leafiara says, "I'm still waiting on the town council to pay up on the bounty for the first Rone."

Leafiara agrees with Xorus.

Xorus waves his hand in a dismissive gesture.

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into and out of the room, heading southwest!

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into and out of the room, heading northwest!

Kiwoeachi says, "I love crisp parchments, but does it have to be ivory."

Leafiara slowly asks, "Okay, so... the Knave wants Rone. Why should we care?"

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into and out of the room, heading northwest!

Sadnama says, "Hmmm I care for 20 million."

Kiwoeachi says, "Yay, see I told ya money talks."

A crisp ivory parchment is suddenly blown into and out of the room, heading southwest!

Kiwoeachi says, "If anyone can catch'm I feel good with Sadnama."

Kiwoeachi says, "I've seen him catch dead people from everywhere."

Leafiara musingly says, "Oh, wait, I see the ploy."

Leafiara says, "With a warrant out for Rone's arrest, these bounties are going to tempt the guard and militia to bring Rone to the Knave instead of jail."

Xorus says, "The Knave may have misunderstood the amount of wealth possessed by those in these parts capable of hunting Rone."

Speaking to Leafiara, Kiwoeachi asks, "Yea I told you to do it first remember?"

Kiwoeachi says, "Offer a higher price."

Leafiara says, "Right, it's not aimed at the likes of us--it's for the everyday guards..."

You peer southwest and see ...

[Town Square, Southwest]

This corner of the square seems somewhat subdued. Townsfolk pass through on their way to the shops, the bazaar, or the main well at the center of the square. Others hurry past, anxious to get home or go on about their business. You also see a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a small rickety oak wagon with some stuff on it, a wood-sided shop and a cobblestone walkway leading up to a wrought iron gate.

Leafiara slowly says, "Just a moment."

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see the Sareyna disk, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, an amber-eyed tawny range wolf, a crisp ivory parchment, an ember-eyed fire wyrdling, a reinforced shield, a tincture of wolifrew, a tincture of acantha, a tincture of acantha, a large acorn, a hazel scabbard, a bottle-nosed yellowish brown bandicoot that is sitting, a large acorn, a copper lockpick, some acantha leaf, a large acorn, a dark brocade pouch, a tincture of haphip, some stringy blue lint, a large acorn, a rations kit, an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.

Also here: Pinson who is sitting, High Lord Sadnama, Vittang who is kneeling, Conquerer of Reim Sareyna, Kippe, Kiwoeachi, Hapenlok, Keemar, Lord Guyamon, Xorus, Towermen, Wolfloner, Aracnid

Sadnama says, "Hate to say it but I can be bought."

Vittang asks, "You mean the guards that are so keen kobolds and roltons get past the gates?"

Kiwoeachi asks, "See?"

Leafiara says, "All the same--just felt I should check."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "This town never pays up."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "So, it's why I don't bother anymore."

Hapenlok says, "And honestly, Rone was such a pain in the ass to try and catch. Literally."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara asks, "Right?"

Hapenlok says, "I actually do believe among other things, I fractured that."

Speaking concernedly to Leafiara, Kippe asks, "Are you printing them off in your cloak?"

Leafiara says, "They wouldn't pay up on the first Rone bounty, then put out one for the second Rone and expected us to listen."

Hapenlok says, "And I think I got perforated by shrapnel."

Speaking amusedly to Kippe, Leafiara says, "No, was just cleaning up the square."

Sadnama says, "Them things blowing all over town."

[travel]

[Wehnimer's, Valeria St.]

Traffic to and from the hub of activity in the square to the west passes along the dark street here. Passers-by guard their valuables closely, glancing into shaded doorways and niches and wary of the press of the crowd. Two-story buildings of wood and stone line the north and south sides of the cobbled road. You also see a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment and a large reddish-brown sandstone shop.

[Wehnimer's, The Mews]

The large, barn-like structure that dominates the north side of the block is the city stable. Through a ground-floor window can be seen the rows of now-empty stalls in the dark interior. The pavement just outside is strewn with straw and debris that merits a careful step along this part of the road. To the west is the main square and its cobblestoned bazaar, where furious trading takes place on a daily basis. You also see a crisp ivory parchment and a crisp ivory parchment.


[Wehnimer's, North Ring Rd.]

The road turns gradually at this point as it forms the northwest corner of the city. The main path curves along the north and west walls, and another leads south between the buildings. The massive oak and modwir logs of the city palisade tower overhead. You also see a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment and an old weathered cart with some stuff on it.

[Wehnimer's, Parsnips St.]

This broad conduit leading between the south wall and the square stands nearly deserted after dark, only a few footsteps echoing on the lamplit cobblestones. To one side stands a sedate and dignified shop, the scroll-like sign over its door inscribed in a striking and elegant manner. You also see a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment and the building that houses the offices of the town's leading and only newspaper.

[Wehnimer's, South Ring Rd.]

A spacious boulevard intersects the Ring Road at this point. Traders and peddlers pass by, carting their wares home from a busy day in the bazaar, and a few townsfolk scatter east and west bearing packages, sacks and purchases. You also see a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment and an intricate gate in a cast-iron fence.

[Wehnimer's, Sindar Lane]

A welter of discordant sounds fills the air here, in sudden contrast to the relative calm of the surrounding streets. The clanging of metal striking metal, the hissing of air and the roaring of the forge, and the gruff voice of the proprietor bellowing out orders make it all too clear that this is the entrance to Aznell's Armory. A metal sign hangs above the doorway. You also see a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment, a crisp ivory parchment and a crisp ivory parchment.