A Knight To Remember - 5120-09-27 - Rough and Tumble, Tough in Rumble (log)

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

Imaerasta 27-28, 5120

by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier



Summary

  • In the middle of an otherwise quiet Landing eve, quakes suddenly strike all over town! Rooks rush along the roofs and leap down to the alleys. Hapenlok and Mayor Leafiara head to Burrow Way to find the Knave's mercenaries in combat with the Rooks. They withdraw after Hap's shot with an arrow, to gather in the square with Sir Cryheart...
  • ...or not, as Leafi moves back to Burrow Way alone while others contemplate whether to let the Knaves and Rooks fight it out or intervene. Above ground, town guards and militiamen fill the streets on patrol; below ground, one of the dual hand-pylon wielders eliminates Leafiara.
  • Sir Cryheart's group advances on the tunnels in earnest, entering a three-way fray. As adventurers scatter throughout town for battle and triage, Cryheart reports that a group entered the fishing shop. Dozens of grifters begin storming out of alleyways to attack the militia and guards.
  • As the fights spill throughout town, Marshal Khylon bellows for the militia to take the streets and put the Knave's ants down as they return from the tunnels. The fishing shop on Locksmehr Way gets set ablaze and a small group moves to fight the fires, but gets cut off by the Knave's men--who in turn clash with the militia! Some of the outlaws manage to drag a shop assistant out of the shop kicking and screaming.
  • Town defenders split into several areas to fight the fires, stave off grifters in the streets, and tackle the Knaves in the tunnels. Rone takes to the battle and begins moving the fallen Captain Stormyrain and others to Moot Hall to regroup.
  • Younger adventurers manage the streets as Cryheart's group and others like Hap and Leafi defend in the tunnels... only to be faced with prisms launched into the area! Rone salvages the fallen as the battles rage on.
  • Fires explode at Tykel's weapon shop! A fire brigade assembles as Khylon orders the militia to take the tunnels and the captains to keep to the streets. Militia, guards, Rooks, and Knaves clash all throughout town as pandemonium ensues, then fires erupt at Walward's siegery shop! Some clerks try to retreat, but two shadowy figures fire acid-augmented hand-pylons on them. A fire brigade attempts to assemble, but pylons are fired on them as well and the Knaves rush the area--as do the Rooks!
  • Magister Raelee is killed off in the midst of all this, which wouldn't be news except that she's not in town; she's in the outpost being attacked by hand-pylon and blade alike, from an assailant who claims every bit of this region will be theirs.
  • Just as Landing defenders protect Walward's shop, fires light at the North Dock now! The town's heroes move, but the Knave's men counterattack with prisms! Adventurers weather the storm and repel them while Khylon reports that the tunnels are clearing up and asks about the streets.
  • Adventures race to contain the battle as docked ships ignite, but just as that gets contained, explosions hit the Shanty Town boatyard and send dead Rooks flying! A group rushes to the area, but prisms are tossed--only for Leafi to return most of the group to Voln safely. When some adventurers reconvene there, they find the area under attack by Knaves and dispatch them.
  • Rone runs along a nearby rooftop, but three shadowy figures fire the acid-augmented hand-pylons; Rone manages to use a ripple of force to shield against all of them, but one blast splashes against Rone's side and they tumble off the roof and disappear.
  • Khylon's group makes it out of the tunnels and hacks through outlaws who charge them, as fire brigades continue to work on the Boatyard and the movers. He reports the tunnels as bloodstained but empty. Thadston congratulates him for street wars on his watch and says he (Thadston) has bloodied enough thugs for the night and the fires seem out. He asks where Rone fell since he hears we could fetch a good silver.
  • As the situation finally comes under control, a nervous town clerk emerges from Moot Hall with a message that Larsya has invited everyone to dinner tomorrow evening in the outpost war room. What's the occasion? The note didn't say, but he believes it's her birthday!


Highlights - Comedic

[in the middle of all-out war]
Cryheart says, "Kitty..ye should go home."
Cryheart gently pets the kitten.
The kitten purrs contentedly!
[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Son of a ....they're launching pylons."
[General] Hapenlok exclaims, "I'm done for!"
Hapenlok just bit the dust!
A white cloaked figure arrives and gently places Hapenlok's body onto the ground and slips off into the shadows.
A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman swings an ornately-etched bardiche at Leafiara!
AS: +496 vs DS: +603 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +3 = -72
A clean miss.
A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman swings an ornately-etched bardiche at Leafiara!
AS: +496 vs DS: +603 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +35 = -40
A clean miss.
Leafiara relents, "Yes, yes, I'm sorry for the incidents in 5118."
The voice of Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Leafi, yooz shood do what all potiliciansh do, blame it on da peeviush mayah."
The clerk says, "Lady Larsya Caulfield, in taking up one of her brother's traditions in his absence, had invited you and any wishing to join from town, to a late dinner tomorrow eve at the Outpost war room."
Xorus says, "We could invite these pirates for her."
Umbazi says, "Raelee just said that they invaded the outpost too."
Raelee dryly says, "And this will be a far larger invasion of the Outpost."
Speaking amiably to Raelee, Leafiara asks, "It's fine, we're all, uh--well, I can't really say friends here, I guess, but. Ya know. Allies?"
Speaking tentatively to Raelee, Leafiara concludes, "Non-enemies."
Speaking to Leafiara, Faerinn says, "This week."


Highlights - Thematic

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Well, I say this with no malice in my heart towards the Rooks, but you're in my way, so you're all going to have to die tonight."
A huge explosion rocks the Boatyard as flames billow up to the sky and townspeople scream in the night as the pungent odor of burning flesh fills the night!  The bodies of some hooded figures are tossed in the explosion and strewn about the boatyard.

[Wehnimer's, Boatyard]
This promontory, formed of rocks and sand partially covered by weathered wooden docks, extends a short distance into the river.  A few workmen hustle to complete their nighttime tasks, repairing and refurbishing the sailing vessels that are moored here.  A refurbished frigate lies at anchor just offshore, awaiting a new cargo as well as a new lease on life.  The sand-covered riverbank beach stretches to the south.  You also see a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that appears dead, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that appears dead, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that appears dead, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that appears dead, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that appears dead, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that appears dead, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a small stone shrine with a polished ironwood plaque on it, a narrow crack in the ground at the base of the tree and a flowering linden tree.
[General] Thadston thinks, "Where did Rone fall? We could fetch a good silver I hear."
[General] Keemar thinks, "The figure that moved most of us to safety after we fell? I doubt any would tell you Thad."
Faerinn says, "Then again the last time we had one of those dinners we got stuck with Corduroy."
Faerinn says, "I doubt the Empire is filling in another empty seat on the council...."
Faerinn asks, "Right?"


Log

A Quiet, Rainy Night

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see the Straz disk, the fiery red Ycelacie disk, the Guarrin disk, a pale-faced coppery barn owl, the Taulramil disk, the Guyamon disk, the Kiwoeachi disk, a green-eyed grey and white kitten, the Classen disk, a dreary badland spirit that is flying around, the Berost disk, an ember-eyed fire wyrdling, the Drayflin disk, the Marijka disk, a large acorn, an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.

Also here: Mayor Leafiara, Great Lord Straz, Aiss who is kneeling, Ycelacie, Shinann, Uskeye, Sir Cryheart, Kippe, Magister Raelee, Guarrin, Bernadette, Squire Legionnaire Taulramil, Felita, Lord Guyamon who is sitting, Kiwoeachi, Lady in Waiting Chandrellia, Tasslehoff who is sitting, Catima who is sitting, Sadiam who is sitting, Classen, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Berost, Lord Yavs, Hapenlok, Pinson who is sitting, Drayflin, Marijka, Lord Lycurgus, Great Lady Sochestie, Pukk, Ruol

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "So, I'm going to have to ask you a question later."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "But not right now."

Speaking curiously to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "Okay, sure."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Too many people yammering around here to even get a coherent thought formed."

Kiwoeachi exclaims, "Woo!"

Speaking to Leafiara, Taulramil says, "I was again on the mountain and saw a nasty storm rolling in, came here to warn the harbor master."

Speaking to Taulramil, Leafiara exclaims, "Good thinkin'!"

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Oh, you know what? The hell with it."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok asks, "So, what precipitated this sudden change of heart on your part?"

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "Well, that meeting with Mother didn't quite go as I expected. I don't know what the captain thought, though, and it was her own request."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "I'm not saying you're wrong or right, it's just a kind of surprise."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "Apparently I've never properly understood her... maybe a continued conversation for another time, though."

Voreain says, "Sure."

Faerinn says, "Not sure why we thought Mother might have anything truthful or helpful."

(OOC) Shinann's player whispers to the group, "If I appear to ignore anyone I'm having trouble with my internet... that is all... sorry for the OOC."

(OOC) Marijka's player whispers to the group, "If you ignore us it's personal, got it."

(OOC) Leafiara's player whispers to the groupp, "Yikes, sorry to hear that. Hope things pick up!"

Speaking softly to Faerinn, Chandrellia says, "Because we try to give poeple the benefit of the doubt."

Speaking softly to Faerinn, Chandrellia says, "To try and not judge others based on the opinons of others."

Leafiara says, "It's not that I really mind being wrong, just... ah well. It does need me to flip perspective a bit."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Ycelacie asks, "Who are we judging?"

Hapenlok says, "Honestly, I didn't come away from that session surprised."

Speaking softly to Ycelacie, Chandrellia says, "No one."

Faerinn says, "Still think there's a pretty good chance whoever draws the short straw has to come out of the sewer and talk to us."


Tremulous Turpitude

Shinann falls to the ground!

[and everyone else]

The ground beneath you violently shakes and rumbles causing you to fall down!

Roundtime: 6 sec.

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia says, "Lessons learned Mayor, I know you will learn from it and it will make you a stronger person."

Cryheart says, "Ooof."

Hapenlok says, "And honestly? If she's to be an adversary, Mother's Rooks are a hell of a lot--"

Leafiara slowly says, "Welp."

Hapenlok says, "Oof."

Cryheart asks, "What the?"

Shinann says, "Hmm."

Kheira says, "That is why you don't do that in town buddy."

Voreain exclaims, "Good thing I was already sitting!"

Ycelacie says, "That was annoying."

Hapenlok says, "Better than dealing with Drangell and, or Rysus."

Faerinn says, "Has something breached the gate."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "Yeah, that one I can't argue."

Hapenlok says, "I mean, it's a bit more civilized."

Leafiara says, "Honestly I'm more upset with myself than the Rooks, but... no time for existential quandaries now."

Leafiara says, "I'll break off and scout for a moment..."

>w

[Town Square, West]

Here in the midst of the town stretches the cobblestoned main bazaar, its lamplit lanes abuzz with traders and vendors hawking their wares at any hour of the day or night. Groups of citizens, discussing the day's events or preparing for nighttime hunts, gather around the doors of the merchants whose shops border the square. The gilded but peeling stone facade of the First Elanith Bank dominates this side of the square.

The ground beneath you violently shakes and rumbles causing you to fall down!

Roundtime: 10 sec.

Leafiara says, "I said, then that happened..."

Leafiara yells, "Quaking over here too!"

You peer east and see ...

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see the Kheira disk, an amber-eyed tawny range wolf that is lying down, a brilliant purple kitten wearing a purple collar clasped with a pair of crossed silver swords, the fiery red Ycelacie disk, the Taulramil disk, the Guyamon disk, the Kiwoeachi disk, the Classen disk, a dreary badland spirit that is flying around, the Berost disk, an ember-eyed fire wyrdling, the Drayflin disk, the Marijka disk, a large acorn, an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.

Also here: Stormyrain who is lying down, Taliesin who is lying down, Lady Kheira who is lying down, Diamondelille who is lying down, Voreain who is lying down, Barrister Faerinn who is lying down, Great Lord Umbazi who is lying down, Vilepierce who is lying down, High Lord Gutstorm who is lying down, Aiss who is lying down, Ycelacie who is sitting, Shinann who is lying down, Uskeye who is lying down, Sir Cryheart, Kippe, Bernadette, Squire Legionnaire Taulramil who is lying down, Felita who is lying down, Lord Guyamon who is sitting, Kiwoeachi, Lady in Waiting Chandrellia who is lying down, Tasslehoff who is sitting, Sadiam who is lying down, Classen who is lying down, Gypsy Scribe Balley who is lying down, Berost who is lying down, Lord Yavs who is lying down, Hapenlok who is lying down, Pinson who is sitting, Drayflin who is lying down, Marijka, Lord Lycurgus who is lying down, Great Lady Sochestie who is lying down, Pukk who is lying down, Ruol who is lying down

[scouting]

A tremor ripples across the ground as something shakes violently beneath your feet.

[General] Leafiara reports, "Not seeing any obvious causes of the quakes yet..."

[return to the square]

Shinann says, "Hmm."

[General] Faerinn thinks, "Something underground."

Leafiara dubiously says, "The town looks clear."

Kiwoeachi says, "Those wagons are still out there." [Blood Son wagons]

Sochestie says, "Rift crawler."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Oh, wonderful."

Chandrellia softly asks, "Is there an army of Roaters advancing or something?"

Kiwoeachi says, "Wagons outside town with tents."

Some dark hooded figures hurry across some rooftops then disappear, leaping down into some alleyways.

Cryheart says, "Hmmm."

Taulramil says, "We got movement."

Kiwoeachi asks, "Hagga?"

Kiwoeachi asks, "What's Hagga?"

Taulramil says, "Into the allyways."

Faerinn says, "Rooks on the rooftops."

[scouting, then return to TSC]

Chandrellia softly says, "Stay close we may need you soon."

Kiwoeachi says, "There's a skull mounted outside town with the word Hagga."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "I'll go down to the burrows. I think the rest of you lot should stay above ground. I think the interceine battling has commenced."

Cryheart says, "That has been there for ages."

[General] Leafiara muses, "Not a bad thought."

[travel]

[Wehnimer's, Burrow Way]

Crude symbols have been scratched into the rocks along a tunnel wall here. Nearby, a crude wooden ladder leads up to a hinged trapdoor. You also see an ember-eyed fire wyrdling.

Also here: Mayor Leafiara, Hapenlok

A sleek black arrow comes flying out of the shadows and strikes Hapenlok in the throat!

... 45 points of damage!

Incredible shot clean through the throat severs the spine!

[General] The ghost of Hapenlok thinks, "Yup."

Hapenlok just bit the dust!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure just arrived.

Leafiara slowly says, "Well then."

A grey-armored human mercenary just arrived.

Taliesin just bit the dust!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure stares, seething in anger!

A grey-armored half-elven brigand just arrived.

A grey-armored half-elven brigand just arrived.

The Symbol of Need begins to burn in your mind and an image appears before you of Leafiara...

[Wehnimer's, Burrow Way]

Crude symbols have been scratched into the rocks along a tunnel wall here. Nearby, a crude wooden ladder leads up to a hinged trapdoor. You also see a grey-armored half-elven brigand, a grey-armored half-elven brigand, a grey-armored human mercenary, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk and an ember-eyed fire wyrdling.

Also here: Mayor Leafiara, the body of Hapenlok who is lying down

The ghostly voice of Hapenlok says, "GO."

[combat, sort of; Leafi's not attacking nor are the enemies especially threatening]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Fighting in Burrow Way."

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure just arrived.

A shadowy gloom swiftly pushes upward from the ground. When the darkness lifts, Chandrellia is standing in its place.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure gestures at Chandrellia!

CS: +424 - TD: +267 + CvA: +10 + d100: +32 - -5 == +204

Warding failed!

Wisps of black smoke swirl around Chandrellia and she bursts into flame causing 73 points of damage!

... 48 points of damage!

Permanently debilitating burns across stomach.

She is stunned!

... 13 points of damage!

Burst of flames char chest a crispy black.

... 8 points of damage!

Burst of flames to neck chars skin. Yuck!

Chandrellia just bit the dust!

[fogging back]

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see the Farhammer disk, the Guarrin disk, a pale-faced coppery barn owl that is flying around, an amber-eyed tawny range wolf, the fiery red Ycelacie disk, the Taulramil disk, the Kiwoeachi disk, the Classen disk, a dreary badland spirit that is flying around, the Berost disk, the Marijka disk, a large acorn, an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.

Also here: the body of Lady in Waiting Chandrellia who is lying down, the body of Hapenlok who is lying down, Mayor Leafiara, Magister Raelee, Barrister Faerinn, Talman, Towermen, Great Lord Farhammer, High Lord Sadnama, Guarrin, Stormyrain, Voreain, Great Lord Umbazi who is lying down, Aiss who is lying down, Ycelacie, Shinann, Uskeye who is lying down, Sir Cryheart, Kippe, Bernadette, Squire Legionnaire Taulramil, Felita, Kiwoeachi, Tasslehoff who is sitting, Sadiam, Classen who is lying down, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Berost who is lying down, Lord Yavs who is lying down, Pinson who is sitting, Marijka, Lord Lycurgus who is lying down, Great Lady Sochestie, Pukk who is lying down, Ruol who is lying down

Stormyrain asks, "Bandits it seems?"

The ghostly voice of Chandrellia softly says, "Ok I wasn't expecting that."

The ghostly voice of Hapenlok says, "I say, let em kill each other off."

Leafiara says, "Welp."

The ghostly voice of Chandrellia softly says, "When I located the first time there was nothing there."

Taulramil asks, "We going to stop the fighting?"

Guarrin asks, "Bandits and Rooks?"

Leafiara says, "The Knave's people, I think."

The ghostly voice of Hapenlok says, "Arrow from the shadows, Chandy."

Faerinn says, "Gravy vs Rooks."

Kiwoeachi asks, "Did Draccor finally get you?"

[Leafi returns to fight them alone]

[Wehnimer's, Burrow Way]

Crude symbols have been scratched into the rocks along a tunnel wall here. Nearby, a crude wooden ladder leads up to a hinged trapdoor. You also see the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, a grey-armored half-elven brigand, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure and a grey-armored human mercenary.

[combat]

Leafiara says, "Oops." (hit a Rook once)

[combat]

Town guards and militiamen begin to swarm to the streets, taking up specific positions along buildings and near the docks. Weapons drawn, they begin to patrol the town.

[combat]

[General] Leafiara asks, "How's the town above ground?"

[General] Straz thinks, "Ooof, I don't have time for drama right now."

[combat]

From out of the shadows a gloomy figure appears, garbed in darkness and moving in a blur of motion! The dark figure raises its arms outward and a bright light sparks from two hand-pylons held tightly in its grip! Four rapid blasts of murky green ichor fire from the hand-pylons, sizzling through the air before striking you!

... 32 points of damage!

Acid dissolves the head into a barely recognizable lump!

Leafiara just bit the dust!

[General] Taulramil thinks, "Shall we."

[General] The ghost of Leafiara thinks, "...the pylon army is moving."

[teleporting self-raise]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "...if it's even an army. It might still just be one figure."

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see a dappled ocelot, the Kheira disk, a green-eyed grey and white kitten, an ember-eyed fire wyrdling, the Guarrin disk, a pale-faced coppery barn owl that is flying around, an amber-eyed tawny range wolf, the fiery red Ycelacie disk, the Taulramil disk, the Kiwoeachi disk, the Classen disk, a dreary badland spirit that is flying around, the Berost disk, the Marijka disk, a large acorn, an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.

Also here: Mayor Leafiara, Goldstr, Loamian, Lady Kheira, the body of Lady in Waiting Chandrellia who is lying down, Great Lady Sochestie, the body of Hapenlok who is lying down, Magister Raelee, Barrister Faerinn, Talman, Towermen, Guarrin, Stormyrain, Voreain, Great Lord Umbazi, Aiss, Ycelacie, Shinann, Uskeye who is lying down, Sir Cryheart, Kippe, Bernadette, Squire Legionnaire Taulramil, Kiwoeachi, Tasslehoff who is sitting, Sadiam, Classen who is lying down, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Berost who is lying down, Lord Yavs who is lying down, Pinson who is sitting, Marijka, Lord Lycurgus who is lying down, Pukk who is lying down, Ruol

Guarrin says, "Or not."

Theoan just bit the dust!

Leafiara curiously asks, "No one else wants to head to the tunnels?"

Uskeye says, "Blash."

Speaking to Leafiara, the ghostly voice of Hapenlok asks, "I'll deal with it, if they come up. But honestly?"

Speaking softly to Leafiara, the ghostly voice of Chandrellia says, "With all due respect, I was just there, didn't turn out well for me I'm afraid."

The ghostly voice of Hapenlok says, "I'm kind of dead at the moment, anyway."

Uskeye asks, "Where's the action?"

Kiwoeachi says, "Burrows."

From nearby, you hear Gutstorm yell, "Dont get up Leafi, lemme roll ye over firsh!"

[General] Quintessa thinks, "That would be one hell of a big person."

[General] Leafiara asks, "The pylon attacker or attackers are moving around the tunnels, while the Rooks stave off the Knaves down there. How are things around town, while I recover?"

Tasslehoff softly says, "This is a little scary..."

Pukk yells, "You can roll over Chandrellia's body first!"

Kiwoeachi says, "Bandits."

Kiwoeachi says, "Outlaws."

Kiwoeachi says, "Hooded figures."

Speaking softly to Pukk, the ghostly voice of Chandrellia says, "Oh gee thanks Pukk."

The ghostly voice of Chandrellia softly says, "Gah."

Hapenlok says, "Honestly, I don't plan on going back down there."

The ghostly voice of Chandrellia softly says, "Me either."

Sadnama just bit the dust!

Hapenlok says, "It's really not my problem."

Sochestie says, "I would head to the tunnels, but if folks who can't train anymore are getting sniped from the shadows and by unseen forces, my chance of survival is 0%."

Speaking quietly to Pietra, Tsarok says, "I dun know where to go."

Faerinn just bit the dust!

[fogging to the battle]

[Wehnimer's, Burrow Way]

The walls here are thick, formed mostly of rock. Beads of water slowly drip down the walls, causing them to glisten from the pale torchlight. You also see some ephlox moss, a small black pearl, a grey-armored half-elven archer, a grey-armored half-elven archer, a grey-armored half-elven archer, a morning star, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, a grey-armored human outlaw, a grey-armored human outlaw, a pale-faced coppery barn owl, a wooden shield, a morning star, a morning star, a black handaxe, a wooden shield, the Guarrin disk, the fiery red Ycelacie disk, the Taulramil disk, the Marijka disk and an amber-eyed tawny range wolf.

Also here: Mayor Leafiara, Great Lord Umbazi, Goldstr, the body of Barrister Faerinn who is lying down, Talman, Towermen, Guarrin, Stormyrain, Voreain, Ycelacie, Shinann, Kippe, Bernadette, Squire Legionnaire Taulramil, Marijka, Sir Cryheart

[combat]

Voreain just bit the dust!

[combat]

[Help] The ghost of Sadnama: "Dang people need to open their group when they are dead."

[combat]

Guarrin says, "Bloody calmed."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Voreain says, "Well."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Voreain says, "Poppernickle."

[combat]

Umbazi just bit the dust!

[combat]

Bernadette softly says, "Gah."

[extended combat]

[General] Uskeye thinks, "Things seem quiet in town."

[combat]

[General] Guyamon thinks, "See militiamen about town."

Marijka says, "Okay, that hurt a little."

[General] Cryheart thinks, "It is not quiet in the tunnels."

Cryheart asks, "All ok?"

Taulramil just bit the dust!

Ycelacie says, "That was rough..."

Brute just bit the dust!

[OOC] Hapenlok: "Hey, guys, those of you whose scripts take you through the burrow way to travel? ...might not want to use them right now."

Pietra asks, "Who we join?"

Tsarok quietly says, "I am always rubbing Cryheart."

Stormyrain just bit the dust!

Guarrin says, "Cryheart has the lead."

[OOC] Hapenlok: "Invasion down there with capped and post cap, and random arrows skewering."

[finding the fallen]

[Wehnimer's, Burrow Way]

Shadows hug the walls of the tunnel, broken up only by the dim spheres of torchlight stretching down the corridor. An old rodent skull lies to the side of the path, partially crushed in on the side.

Also here: Mayor Leafiara, the body of Stormyrain who is lying down, the body of Squire Legionnaire Taulramil who is lying down

[OOC] Pukk: "That should be fun."

The ghostly voice of Stormyrain says, "It's fine. It happens."

Xortrin just bit the dust!

[combat, sort of; they're attacking Leafi but she's not retaliating]

Leafiara says, "Quarrel's not wth you..."

Leafiara nods to the dark hooded figure.

Drusas just bit the dust!

[combat, sort of; fogging back]

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see a silver coin, the Berost disk, the Yairra disk, the Kiwoeachi disk, the Sareyna disk, a dappled ocelot, the Classen disk, a dreary badland spirit that is flying around, a large acorn, an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.

Also here: Mayor Leafiara, the body of Squire Legionnaire Taulramil who is lying down, the body of Stormyrain who is lying down, Lord Rhodrie who is kneeling, Ensayn, the body of Tevrakian who is lying down, Anlaric, Quintessa, Berost, Yairra, Lord Eph, Shayen, Vilepierce, Kiwoeachi, Sareyna, Loamian, the body of Lady in Waiting Chandrellia who is lying down, Great Lady Sochestie, Hapenlok who is sitting, Aiss, Tasslehoff who is sitting, Sadiam, Classen who is lying down, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Lord Yavs who is lying down, Pinson who is sitting, Lord Lycurgus, Pukk, Ruol

[General] Cryheart thinks, "A group entered the fishing shop...we went north and through the trapdoor."

[triage]

Speaking to Stormyrain, Pukk says, "Fancy seeing you here..."

[General] Shinann thinks, "I am going to be asking why he drug her away..."

Speaking to Pukk, the ghostly voice of Stormyrain says, "Indeed."

[General] Leafiara asks, "Who?"

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Well, I'm not going to be in fighting shape for a bit."

[General] Shinann thinks, "The one from Vaalor... drug Stormyrain away."

[General] The ghost of Stormyrain thinks, "It was not purposeful. He thought I was injured."

[General] The ghost of Stormyrain thinks, "..and then we were overcome by bandits."

Tsarok just bit the dust!

Ycelacie just bit the dust!

[General] Leafiara thinks, "How are the tunnels? The militia's on the move above ground."

Kippe just bit the dust!

[General] Pukk thinks, "Ooh I wonder if the adventurer's guild is giving bandit bounties for in town bandits."

[General] The ghost of Theoan thinks, "The tunnels are overrun."

Speaking amusedly to Leafiara, Ensayn says, "Tunnels were quite busy."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Honestly, I'm perfectly content to let them kill each other off."

[Leafi returns to the burrows]

[Wehnimer's, Burrow Way]

Crude symbols have been scratched into the rocks along a tunnel wall here. Nearby, a crude wooden ladder leads up to a hinged trapdoor. You also see a grey-armored half-elven brigand, a grey-armored half-elven archer, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, a grey-armored half-elven archer and a grey-armored half-elven brigand.

[combabt, sort of; Leafi focuses her attacks]

[General] Guarrin thinks, "I'd suggest regrouping at Voln, Cryheart."

Towermen just bit the dust!

[combat]

Marijka just bit the dust!

[combat]

[General] Stregina asks, "Where are all the vermin in the tunnels when you needs em?"

[combat]

Leafiara says, "Yeesh."

[combat]

[Wehnimer's, Burrow Way]

The ground is bumpy, full of jagged stones and misshapen clods of dirt. A bat hangs from a wooden rafter, its dark wings folded tightly around its body. You also see a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, a grey-armored half-elven brigand, a grey-armored half-elven archer, a grey-armored half-elven archer, a grey-armored human outlaw, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, a grey-armored half-elven brigand, a grey-armored human mercenary, a grey-armored half-elven brigand, a grey-armored half-elven archer, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, a grey-armored half-elven brigand and a grey-beaked dark hooded figure.

[extended combat until Leafi has to withdraw]

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see the Guyamon disk, the Maevie disk, a silver coin, the Yairra disk, the Kiwoeachi disk, the Classen disk, a dreary badland spirit that is flying around, a large acorn, an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.

Also here: Mayor Leafiara, Sareyna, Kippe, a calmed Talman, Great Lord Nickonai, the body of Voreain who is lying down, Shinann, Kahan who is kneeling, the body of Great Lord Umbazi who is lying down, Bernadette, Vynce, the body of Barrister Faerinn who is lying down, Lord Guyamon, Archeth, Conquerer of Reim Maevie, Lord Radric, the body of Squire Legionnaire Taulramil who is lying down, the body of Stormyrain who is lying down, Lord Rhodrie who is kneeling, Anlaric, Yairra, Lord Eph, Kiwoeachi, Lady in Waiting Chandrellia who is lying down, Great Lady Sochestie, Hapenlok who is sitting, Aiss, Tasslehoff who is sitting, Classen who is lying down, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Lord Yavs who is lying down, Lord Lycurgus, Pukk, Ruol

Speaking to Stormyrain, Shinann asks, "Were you drug away unwillingly?"

Chandrellia softly says, "Apparently I do not."

Speaking to Shinann, the ghostly voice of Stormyrain says, "It was accidental."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Right about now is when I'd suggest orb tactics, if there are any to spare..."

Yavs just bit the dust!

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Those of you who are outside of town and regularly use the burrow way to get in and out of town? Might want to not do that for a while. Big fight down there."

Leafiara says, "Trying to clear out the tunnels when I can, but our numbers are seriously thinning down there."

Guyamon says, "Cryheart still fighting."

[General] Keemar thinks, "Burrow way? I usually go in and out of the north gate."

[General] The ghost of Yavs thinks, "Got murdered. Whoops."


A Grift in the Landing

Storming out of alleyways and from behind shops, dozens and dozens of grifters charge into view, attacking the town militia and guards!

[General] Guarrin thinks, "They're in the streets."

Kiwoeachi says, "Great the whole town gone crazy."

Sochestie says, "Welp."

[General] Leafiara mumbles, "Great, which of our delightful new factions is this?"

The voice of Micore asks, "What are we fighting?"

[Leafi returns to the tunnels]

[Wehnimer's, Burrow Way]

Crude symbols have been scratched into the rocks along a tunnel wall here. Nearby, a crude wooden ladder leads up to a hinged trapdoor. You also see a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, a grey-armored human mercenary and a grey-armored human mercenary.

[General] Keemar thinks, "Oh man.... I think I'll stay at the graveyard for a while."

[extended combat as Leafi targets only the knaves]

'Khylon's gruffy voice bellows in the distance, "Militia, to da streets! The Knave's ants are crawling up from da tunnels! Put 'em down!

[more extended combat until Leafi has to withdraw]

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see the Berost disk, a silver coin, a green-eyed grey and white kitten, a loaf of dark crusty ale bread, the Sareyna disk, the Guyamon disk, the Maevie disk, the Kiwoeachi disk, a large acorn, an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.

Also here: Mayor Leafiara, Berost, Silentmonk, Kowai, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Apprentice Zargoven, Sareyna, Kippe, Great Lord Nickonai, a stunned Voreain who is lying down, a stunned Kahan who is kneeling, the body of Great Lord Umbazi who is lying down, the body of Barrister Faerinn who is lying down, Lord Guyamon, Conquerer of Reim Maevie, Lord Radric, Squire Legionnaire Taulramil, Stormyrain who is sitting, Anlaric, Lord Eph, Kiwoeachi, Lady in Waiting Chandrellia who is sitting, Aiss, Tasslehoff who is sitting, Lord Lycurgus, Ruol

Flames rise up from Locksmehr Way as townspeople scream, fleeing from the Fishing Shop as fires erupt in the street!

Leafiara says, "I can only hold out in those tunnels so long..."

[travel]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Get some buckets, the fishing shop's on fire."

[General] Loamian asks, "Who are these grifters?"

[Wehnimer's, Locksmehr Way] The faint, tangy scent of the bay mingles with the lighter smells of the river, which runs just to the northeast. The wide road leads along the riverbank through the warehouse and wharf district, where the sounds of longshoremen loading and unloading freetraders drift over from a wooden walkway to the east. You also see a tiny kitten, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire and a painted ashen shop.

[General] The ghost of Yavs thinks, "It's really busy here. Yikes."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Fighting the fires currently... not many of us here." [just Hap, Leafi, and Loamian at this point]

Leafiara suddenly bursts into flames!

Hapenlok suddenly bursts into flames!

Hapenlok just went south.

Loamian suddenly bursts into flames!

A dark-clothed elven knave just arrived!

A dark-clothed elven knave ambles in.

A dark-clothed elven knave ambles in.

A grey-armored half-elven archer ambles in.

A grey-armored half-elven archer ambles in.

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman charges in!

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman charges in!

A grey-armored half-elven brigand ambles in.

[combat]

Loamian just bit the dust!

[combat]

[Merchant] Taulramil: "Where do I get a bucket from again?"

The Symbol of Need begins to burn in your mind and an image appears before you of Leafiara...

[Wehnimer's, Locksmehr Way]

The faint, tangy scent of the bay mingles with the lighter smells of the river, which runs just to the northeast. The wide road leads along the riverbank through the warehouse and wharf district, where the sounds of longshoremen loading and unloading freetraders drift over from a wooden walkway to the east. You also see a grey-armored half-elven brigand that appears immobilized, a grey-armored half-elven brigand, a dappled ocelot, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman that appears immobilized, a grey-armored half-elven brigand that appears immobilized, a grey-armored half-elven brigand that appears immobilized, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman that appears immobilized, a grey-armored half-elven archer, a grey-armored half-elven archer, a dark-clothed elven knave, a dark-clothed elven knave, a dark-clothed elven knave, a tiny kitten, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire and a painted ashen shop.

Also here: the body of Loamian who is lying down, Mayor Leafiara

[combat, as Guarrin arrives]

[General] The ghost of Faerinn thinks, "Buckets are at town hall."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Now we'll need fighter fighters here too."

[combat and fire fightinig]

[General] Keemar thinks, "Where can I go to help fight the fires. I am still new in town."

[combat]

[General] Uskeye asks, "Where?"

[combat]

As the flames continue to rise around the Fishing Shop, a shop assistant is seen being dragged out of the back of the shop, kicking and screaming as some grey-armored outlaws carry him off into the chaos of town.

[combat]

Guarrin asks, "What?" [they didn't like his warcry and began targeting him]

[combat]

[General] The ghost of Faerinn thinks, "Moot hall has buckets of water for putting out the figres."

[combat]

Pietra asks, "Who are we joining? Who are we kiling?"

[combat]

[General] The ghost of Faerinn thinks, "Err fires. Got distracted by the abduction."

Guarrin says, "Leafi has point."

[combat]

Pietra says, "Dammit."

[combat]

[General] Guyamon thinks, "Yea but just gonna get mowed down by the large swathes of enemies destroying the town."

[very, very extended combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "We're a little more assembled at the fish shop but could still use aid if it can be spared. I realize maybe it can't."

Culov just bit the dust!

[combat]

[General] Cryheart asks, "Where is the fight?"

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Fish shop."

[extended combat]

[General] Bernadette thinks, "Fight in streets, militia crazy attacking."

[extended combat]

Keemar says, "Wow."

[extendedcombat]

The voice of Pietra says, "Sacru fall."

Speaking quietly to Sacru, Tsarok exclaims, "Roll!"

[Wehnimer's, Locksmehr Way]

The faint, tangy scent of the bay mingles with the lighter smells of the river, which runs just to the northeast. The wide road leads along the riverbank through the warehouse and wharf district, where the sounds of longshoremen loading and unloading freetraders drift over from a wooden walkway to the east. You also see an iron bucket, a large long-winged falcon that is flying around, an uncut diamond, a fancy watered silk bodice, a large pink pearl, a rusty doorknob, a pale-faced coppery barn owl that is flying around, an ember-eyed fire wyrdling, a wooden shield, a morning star, an iron bucket, a handaxe, a stale apple tart, a heavy quartz orb, a sleek red pouch, a wooden shield, a morning star, the Sareyna disk, a wooden shield, a morning star, a coral red serge harness, a wooden shield, a tower shield, the Guarrin disk, a tower shield, a pilum, a light crossbow, a tower shield, the Berost disk, an iron bucket, a dappled ocelot, a dark-clothed elven knave that appears dead, a tiny kitten, a crackling fire and a painted ashen shop.

Also here: Shinann, Squire Legionnaire Taulramil, Goldstr, Sacru, Talman, Sir Cryheart, Hapenlok, Keemar, Sareyna, Pietra, Guarrin, Berost, Yakushi, Quartermaster Tsarok, Mayor Leafiara, the body of Loamian who is lying down

Cryheart says, "He is here."

The ghostly voice of Loamian says, "It seems I'm on the only one who didn't make it."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Fires are extinguished and the shop's safe now." [..she said, but there was actually one still left...]

The ghostly voice of Loamian says, "Even the kitten made it through."

Cryheart says, "I think I harmed some militia recruits."

Keemar says, "I got the fires I could."

Pietra asks, "Groups?"

Sacru says, "Always was a fan of fire, until it consumed me."

Keemar says, "I need to go get more buckets."

Guarrin says, "Aye, it seemed they can't handle warcries."

Keemar says, "Thanks for the cover."

Talman says, "Sir Cryheart is leading the counter offensive."

Guarrin asks, "Did I see someone get dragged out of the shop?"

Leafiara says, "Yeah, I've accidentally hit a couple of the militia and Rooks myself--can't be helped, just too crazy a battle right now."

Keemar says, "Not sure I could take any of these invaders."

Leafiara nods at Guarrin.

Leafiara says, "You did..."

Tsarok quietly says, "There is some good ol fashion chaos going down."

Speaking to Leafiara, Guarrin asks, "Did you see a particular direction?"

Leafiara says, "More buckets at Moot Hall or the Raging Thrak if needed."

Cryheart says, "Kitty..ye should go home."

Cryheart gently pets the kitten.

The kitten purrs contentedly!

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Cryheart wash very brave, he kill friendsh and foe alike."

[General] Stormyrain asks, "Where is the fight now?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Keemar says, "Be back with more."

Speaking to Guarrin, Leafiara says, "Just outside of town somewhere."

[travel]

Tnerped just bit the dust!

[travel]

[General] Taulramil thinks, "We are outside the bait shop."

[travel]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "The shop seems clear. Checking on the tunnels again..."

[General] Cryheart asks, "Is it quiet in other areas of town?"

[travel] Keemar just bit the dust!

[Wehnimer's, Burrow Way]

The extensive tunnel stretches far, with small brass sconces lighting the way in both directions. Propped against a wall is an old wagon wheel, with two missing wooden spokes. You also see a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, a grey-armored half-elven archer, a grey-armored half-elven archer, a grey-armored half-elven brigand and a grey-armored human mercenary.

[combat]

[General] The ghost of Keemar thinks, "A couple of them outside the hall."

[combat]

[General] Stormyrain thinks, "There are some grifters but they are pretty easy to dispatch."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Tunnels are still mobbed."

[combat]

[General] The ghost of Keemar thinks, "I took one out the other gotme."

[combat]

Speaking to a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, Leafiara grumbles, "Sheesh, I'm doing what I can here." [in terms of not attacking them while they're busy attacking her]

[combat]

Leafiara says, "Well, turnabout, fair play..." [meaning she previously attacked them in the tunnels the previous week, so they can attack her with no objection]

[combat]

[General] Stormyrain thinks, "Yes..yes they are."

[combat]

Speaking to a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, Leafiara says, "Don't worry, I'll leave ya alone tonight."

[combat]

[General] Stormyrain thinks, "..undead with me."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara asks, "Is the rest of town safe?"

[combat]

[General] Stormyrain thinks, "I could use some help."

[combat]

[General] Tsarok asks, "Where are you?"

[combat]

[General] Stormyrain thinks, "Burrow way."

[combat]

Leafiara says, "Moving... my quarrel isn't with the Rooks."

[travel]

[General] Cryheart asks, "Are the grifters frineds or foes?"

[General] Balley thinks, "Lots of grifters."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "They appear to be weak foes."

[combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "They're foes."

[combat]

[General] Balley thinks, "Grifters are attacking."

[combat]

[General] The ghost of Faerinn thinks, "Definitely foes."

[combat]

[General] Guyamon thinks, "Get stormy."

[combat]

[General] Bernadette thinks, "Grifters bad but the militia and guards attackin too."

[combat]

Stormyrain just bit the dust!

[combat]

Leafiara says, "There goes Stormy again..."

[combat]

Hapenlok says, "Yep."

[combat]

Speaking to a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, Leafiara sighs, "Oh, come on, I'm even trying not to hit you."

[General] Guyamon thinks, "Guards can take care of grifters it's those hooded figures I'd be worried about."

[combat]

[General] Cryheart thinks, "We are patroling the streets."

[extended combat]

[General] The ghost of Stormyrain thinks, "The fight is in the tunnels. The Streets are easily managed by those with less time on the battlefield."

[combat]

[General] The ghost of Stormyrain thinks, "The tunnels are ..well clearly since I am dead again..more challenging to clean up."

[combat]

Leafiara says, "I have to withdraw... no mana left."

[...but stops to get Stormy on the way]

[Wehnimer's, Burrow Way]

Crude symbols have been scratched into the rocks along a tunnel wall here. Nearby, a crude wooden ladder leads up to a hinged trapdoor. You also see a grey-armored human outlaw that is sleeping, a pilum, a dark grey linen tabard, a grey-armored half-elven brigand, a pilum, a grey-armored half-elven archer, a backsword, a grey-armored human outlaw that is lying down, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that is sleeping, a pale-faced coppery barn owl, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that is sleeping, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that is sleeping, a grey-armored human outlaw, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that is sleeping, a grey-armored half-elven brigand that is sleeping, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that is sleeping and a grey-armored half-elven brigand.

Also here: Mayor Leafiara, Yakushi, a calmed Quartermaster Tsarok, Shinann, the body of Stormyrain who is lying down

[combat while Leafi withdraws]

[Wehnimer's, Land's End Rd.]

Vigilant night guardsmen scrutinize the citizens and travelers arriving and departing through the wide gates spanning the land route into Wehnimer's Landing. The cluttered streets of the city to the south are a far cry from the deceptively calm expanse of the wilds of Elanith outside. Two daunting towers survey the countryside and protect the town, flanking the road to the east and west. You also see a scruffy human grifter, a sturdy wooden table, a large wooden barrel and the town gates.

Also here: Mayor Leafiara, the body of Stormyrain who is lying down, Pinson

[General] Leafiara thinks, "I need we need to organize better here..."

Speaking to Leafiara, the ghostly voice of Stormyrain says, "One would think when I say, I could use help that would be a more urgent clue."

[travel and combat from others along the way]

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see a pale-faced coppery barn owl that is flying around, an ember-eyed fire wyrdling, a small red-chested hawk that is flying around, the Maevie disk, a green-eyed grey and white kitten, a dappled ocelot, a bloodstained ivory leather mat branded with a stylized longsword, a scratched wooden trunk, a silver coin, a loaf of dark crusty ale bread, the Kiwoeachi disk, a large acorn, an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.

Also here: Gypsy Scribe Balley, Mayor Leafiara, the body of Stormyrain who is lying down, Conquerer of Reim Maevie, Pinson who is sitting, Lord Lycurgus, Kippe, Apprentice Zargoven, Lady in Waiting Chandrellia, the body of Loamian who is lying down, Pukk, the body of Keemar who is lying down, Marijka, Garrai who is kneeling, Ertithis, Lord Yavs who is sitting, Great Lady Sochestie, Voreain who is sitting, Kahan who is kneeling, Great Lord Umbazi, Barrister Faerinn who is sitting, Kiwoeachi, Aiss

Pinson says, "Whew, some griters in town causing trouble."

[General] Bellasco thinks, "I was fireballing those little grifters like crazy."

Balley softly says, "I think the guard has the rest of them under control."

[General] Guarrin thinks, "Regroup in the square. Cryheart has a group going into the burrows. Looking for Stormy."

[General] The ghost of Stormyrain thinks, "I am dead in the center of town."

[General] Flame asks, "Something interesting going on?"

[General] Guyamon thinks, "Tsarok making short work of them."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "I've brought the captain back to the square."

[General] Guarrin thinks, "Ah, good. Good."

Speaking to Leafiara, Asben asks, "What'd I miss?"

[General] Pietra exclaims, "Tsarok, huh? All alone? Hah!"

[General] Guyamon thinks, "Sorry I just watched him decapitate four people with one swing."

Ensayn asks, "Tunnels are still a mess?"

[General] Pietra thinks, "We're doin well enough I suppose."

The ghostly voice of Stormyrain says, "They were. Cryheart should be bringing folks to regroup here soon I hope."

Leafiara says, "Going to check for more of the fallen..."

[General] Guyamon exclaims, "Woo!"

[travel and combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Mother, come and gather your fallen."

[no more fallen found, but more travel and combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "I've no desire to finish them off."

Towermen says, "Been beatin on him for an hour."

[General] The ghost of Stormyrain thinks, "I am now in Moot Hall, in the Lobby."

[combat]

[General] The ghost of Stormyrain thinks, "If there is a priest or priestess that can come give me life? I was moved here by...what may have been the new Rone."

[combat]

[General] Chandrellia thinks, "If you are a young fighter, meet me at the gem shop, we will clear the streets of the grifters."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "We're thinning out the tunnels successfully, even if slowly."

[combat]

From nearby, you hear Hapenlok yell, "Under control."

[combat]

Leafiara yells, "Likewise!"

You peer west and see ...

[Wehnimer's, Burrow Way]

The tapered walls give way to a greater area, as the distance between torches stretches, expanding the cover of darkness. Two old barrels sit to the side of the tunnel, their labels faded, but depicting an image of a skull and bones. You also see a reinforced shield, a light crossbow, an enruned wooden strongbox, a light crossbow, a solid moonstone cube, a blue sapphire, a grey-armored half-elven archer that is lying down, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that is lying down, a grey-armored half-elven brigand that appears dead, a grey-armored half-elven archer that appears dead, a grey-armored half-elven archer that appears dead, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that is lying down, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that appears dead and a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that appears dead.

Also here: Hapenlok

[combat]

[Wehnimer's, Burrow Way]

The underground channel descends, as the heat of the torches work to fight off the cold air of the greater depth. Small embers of fire twirl up from the torches as the flames rise and ebb. You also see a grey-armored half-elven archer, a grey-armored human outlaw, a grey-armored human outlaw, a grey-armored human outlaw, a grey-armored human outlaw, a grey-armored half-elven archer, a grey-armored half-elven archer, a grey-armored half-elven archer, a grey-armored half-elven archer, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, an ember-eyed fire wyrdling and a grey-armored human mercenary.

Also here: Mayor Leafiara, Arshwikk

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "...or maybe I spoke too soon."

[combat]

A white gear-covered prism is launched into the area!

Sir Cryheart's group just arrived.

[extended combat]

The gear-covered prism begins to rattle then suddenly explodes! Dozens and dozens of sharp metal shards burst forth, flying in every direction!

[mass damage]

Uskeye just bit the dust!

Gutstorm just bit the dust!

Tsarok just bit the dust!

Arshwikk just bit the dust!

A white cloaked figure swoops into the area and hoists up Uskeye's body and rushes off towards Moot Hall!

A white cloaked figure swoops into the area and hoists up Gutstorm's body and rushes off towards Moot Hall!

A white cloaked figure swoops into the area and hoists up Tsarok's body and rushes off towards Moot Hall!

A white cloaked figure swoops into the area and hoists up Arshwikk's body and rushes off towards Moot Hall!

[combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Watch it guys, they're throwing prisms."

[extended combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Grand."

[very, very, very, very, very extended combat]

[General] Keemar thinks, "Are there still fires I can help put out? I am not able to participate in combat at the moment."

Leafiara absently says, "Okay, moving..."

[travel]

[General] Stormyrain thinks, "I believe the fires are all put out, for now."

[General] Keemar thinks, "Gotcha."

[travel]

[General] Arshwikk thinks, "Watch out for traps, apparently."

[travel]

[General] Guyamon thinks, "I'm going around punching grifters in the face, they drop gems."

[General] Pietra thinks, "Pylons, things like that."

[General] Flame thinks, "I'd come visit, but I imagine that it would end up being uncomfortable."

Leafiara says, "Holding up decently well so far, I'd say..."

Berkana says, "Everyone does."

Cryheart says, "Foggin."

Guarrin says, "Or portal."

[Courtyard]

A well maintained and healthy garden occupies the entirety of the courtyard. The air here is cool and crisp, but the bulk of the monastery shelters you from wind and makes the air bracing instead of chilling. In the center of the garden is a natural spring bubbling up several inches above the surface of the encircling pool of crystal clear water. A large stone and iron gate blocks the entrance to the monastery flanked by a statue of a woman carrying a crystal staff and a set of crystalline keys facing a second statue of a kneeling young man bedecked in battle-worn black chain armor. You also see a shifting portal, a sleek raven, a scorched black marble bench with some stuff on it and a large fel tree.

Cryheart says, "That works."

Cryheart says, "We took a beating..and kept fighting."

Tsarok quietly asks, "I might have killed a Rook?"

[General] Leafiara asks, "Does anywhere need backup?"

Cryheart says, "Well done all."

[General] Guarrin thinks, "Reforming at Voln."

Speaking quietly to Pietra, Tsarok asks, "I might have killed a Rook?"

Ralkean just bit the dust!

Speaking to Tsarok, Leafiara says, "At this point almost all of us have hit or killed someone we didn't intend to--I wouldn't worry about it too much."

Speaking to Tsarok, Pietra says, "Might have killed a lotta stuffs."

Goldstr exclaims, "Kill ALL da Rooks!"

[General] Chandrellia thinks, "North gate clear for now."

Leafiara musingly says, "Alright... I'm heading back in, bad idea or no."

Berost deeply says, "Rooks kin die. Grifters kin die. Militia, not so mech."

Myharl deeply says, "I do."

Bellasco just bit the dust!

[General] Shinann thinks, "Someone dressed in white is bringing the dead to Moot Hall."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Tsarok asks, "Me too?"

Berost deeply says, "Damn fools been gettin there heads filled wif nonsense."

[General] Leafiara asks, "Rone or Mother?"


Blazing Battle

BOOM! Fires explode outside of Tykel's weaponshop!

[General] Shinann thinks, "Moving too fast."

Leafiara says, "Heading in--oh great."

Ycelacie says, "Wow."

[Town Square, Northeast]

The entrance to Tykel's Arms, its heavy door bounded by iron-barred windows, dominates this corner of the square. All manner of citizens pass by, moving among the solid, multistoried wooden buildings that surround the bazaar. Just to the southwest can be seen the tree-shaded heart of the square, where citizens and adventurers gather for socializing, healing and rest. You also see a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a reinforced shield, a reinforced shield, a rose-marrow potion, a rose-marrow potion and a narrow alleyway.

[General] Balley thinks, "Fire at weaponshop."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Fighting it. These grifters aren't dangerous enough to stop the fire brigade."

[OOC] Bellasco: "Lol I just found an archer that had been legged and was near death.... and now my strongest foe is 120 and I'm 38 :-D."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Buckets available in Moot Hall and the Raging Thrak."

[fire fighting]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Leafi, help."

[General] Leafiara asks, "What's going on this time?"

Khylon's gruff voice shouts in the distance, "The militia wit' me, let's dive inta da tunnels! Captains, keep to da streets to prevent dis fight from spreadin' too far!

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Never mind."

[combat and fire fighting]

Keemar says, "Thanks for the cover."

Cryheart says, "Out already."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Fires are extinguished at Tykel's."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Got myself a bit bound."

[Moot Hall, Great Lobby]

The great lobby is quite spacious, with an oak bannister wrapping around a staircase leading to the second story of Moot Hall. The wall are draped in rich tapestries framing niches that hold marble busts of local dignitaries. To the north is a double door, and to the west, a mahogany door bearing a silver plaque. A carpeted pathway leads toward the Debt Collector's Office. You also see a loaf of dark crusty ale bread, a brilliant purple kitten wearing a purple collar clasped with a pair of crossed silver swords, a large wooden chest, a large wooden chest, a veil iron shield-shaped plaque, a blackboard and an old stained table with some stuff on it.

Also here: Mayor Leafiara, the body of Ralkean who is lying down, a stunned High Lord Gutstorm who is lying down, the body of Uskeye who is lying down, Stormyrain who is sleeping, a stunned Kahan who is kneeling

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "But I'm fine now."

A white cloaked figure arrives and gently places Keemar's body onto the ground and slips off into the shadows.

The ghostly voice of Uskeye says, "Whee."

Keemar just bit the dust!

Gutstorm drunkenly says, "I took one fer da team."

Balley just bit the dust!

A white cloaked figure arrives and gently places Balley's body onto the ground and slips off into the shadows.

The ghostly voice of Keemar says, "Well that was interesting."

A white cloaked figure arrives and gently places Faerinn's body onto the ground and slips off into the shadows.

Faerinn just bit the dust!

The ghostly voice of Balley softly says, "Bandits by the weapon shop."

[General] Loamian thinks, "Where there is fire there appears the half-elven archers follow."

The ghostly voice of Keemar says, "Aye we got the fires out."

The ghostly voice of Keemar says, "Then got ambushed."

The ghostly voice of Faerinn says, "Rone carried me here."

The ghostly voice of Balley softly says, "Yep."

The ghostly voice of Balley softly says, "Me too."

The ghostly voice of Keemar asks, "Who was the white figure?"

The ghostly voice of Faerinn says, "At least the fires are out though."

[General] Leafiara exclaims, "Rone--at least I think it's Rone--is gathering the fallen in Moot Hall. Regroup with triage here!"

The ghostly voice of Keemar says, "First time I have seen it."

Speaking to Leafiara, Stormyrain says, "I said that almost half an hour ago."

Stormyrain says, "No one listens to me."

Leafiara says, "Heading back to the battlefield.."

Speaking to Keemar, the ghostly voice of Faerinn says, "Lady Casiphia or Rone the Third."

Leafiara grins sheepishly at Stormyrain.

Speaking apologetically to Stormyrain, Leafiara says, "Sorry, it's... really loud and a mess out there."

[travel and combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Militia recruits are all over town fighting off the grifters."

[General] Guarrin thinks, "Square north east. Still engaged. Cryheart has point."

[extended combat]

[General] Taulramil thinks, "The east side of town by Aspis is clear."

[extended combat]

From nearby, you hear Ycelacie yell, "That shouldn't happen!"

[combat]

From nearby, you hear Ycelacie yell, "Sorry!"

[General] Guyamon thinks, "Oops for some reason I accidentally attacked the militia."

[combat]

Berost deeply says, "Someone spent alot o' money hiring this daft idjiots."

Leafiara says, "Alright..."

[General] Guyamon exclaims, "Heh friendly fire!"

Speaking to Berost, Leafiara says, "Yeah, someone rich. Wonder who."

Cryheart asks, "All ok?"

[General] Pietra thinks, "There's a lot of that, they get in the way."

[travel and combat]

[General] Cryheart asks, "Where is Guarrin?"

[General] Stormyrain thinks, "Getting healed."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "It looks like the tunnels are nearly cleared out by now."

[travel and combat]

[General] Guarrin thinks, "Getting healed. Someone tried a pylon shot. Again."

Poxzemi just bit the dust!

Uskeye just bit the dust!

[Moot Hall, Great Lobby]

The great lobby is quite spacious, with an oak bannister wrapping around a staircase leading to the second story of Moot Hall. The wall are draped in rich tapestries framing niches that hold marble busts of local dignitaries. To the north is a double door, and to the west, a mahogany door bearing a silver plaque. A carpeted pathway leads toward the Debt Collector's Office. You also see a wafer of candied seeds, the Maevie disk, a loaf of dark crusty ale bread, a large wooden chest, a large wooden chest, a veil iron shield-shaped plaque, a blackboard and an old stained table with some stuff on it.

Also here: the body of Poxzemi who is lying down, Silentmonk who is sitting, Conquerer of Reim Maevie, Arshwikk, the body of Barrister Faerinn who is lying down, Theoan, the body of Keemar who is lying down, Stormyrain, Kahan who is kneeling

A white cloaked figure arrives and gently places Uskeye's body onto the ground and slips off into the shadows.

[General] Stormyrain asks, "Where is the group, Cryheart?"

The ghostly voice of Uskeye says, "Well blast."

The ghostly voice of Uskeye says, "Again."

[General] Shinann thinks, "Tykel's."

The ghostly voice of Keemar says, "I am still too young to really help out, out there."

[General] The ghost of Faerinn asks, "Did someone come out and shot you with a pylon or are they reflecting them?"

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Son of a ....they're launching pylons."

Speaking to Keemar, Theoan says, "You are doing your best, and that is what matters."

[General] Hapenlok exclaims, "I'm done for!"

Hapenlok just bit the dust!

A white cloaked figure arrives and gently places Hapenlok's body onto the ground and slips off into the shadows.

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Clerics and empaths look to be needed at Moot Hall, potentially all night."

Chaos ensues and shouting erupts in the streets as Rooks, Knaves, Guards, and Militia clash along every block of town!

Leafiara says, "Moving back out..."

[travel and combat]

[General] Telagan thinks, "Bunch of figures outside Tykel's."

[travel and combat]

Drumold just bit the dust!

[travel and combabt]

Demandred just bit the dust!

Glass shatters and fires erupt outside of Begetting Besiegers on Valeria Street!

[travel]

[General] Loamian exclaims, "Be careful around that fire!"

[travel]

[General] Pietra thinks, "Ycelacie if you major ewave in town during an invasion.... Just don't."

[travel and combat]

[General] Faerinn asks, "Oi, they still attacking Walward?"

[Wehnimer's, Valeria St.]

Traffic to and from the hub of activity in the square to the west passes along the dark street here. Passers-by guard their valuables closely, glancing into shaded doorways and niches and wary of the press of the crowd. Two-story buildings of wood and stone line the north and south sides of the cobbled road. You also see a scruffy human grifter that is lying down, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire and a large reddish-brown sandstone shop.

Asben followed.

[General] The ghost of Hapenlok thinks, "Looks like the people who stood down from the council running are being targeted anyway."

Some store clerks run out of Walward's Begetting Besiegers and suddenly out of the shadows, two shadowy figures appear and fire hand-pylons at the retreating clerks, eating away their bodies with acid!

Asben exclaims, "Ya the bucket lady!"

Asben suddenly bursts into flames!

[General] Leafiara thinks, "East of town square northeast for the fire..."

Leafiara suddenly bursts into flames!

From out of the shadows a murky figure appears, garbed in darkness and moving in a blur of motion! The dark figure raises it arms outward and a bright light sparks from both hand-pylons held tightly in its grip! Four rapid blasts of murky green ichor fire from the hand-pylons, sizzling through the air before striking Chandrellia!'

... 33 points of damage!

Chandrellia screams! Chandrellia's right leg is reduced to a puddle of bubbling slime!

Chandrellia screams and falls to the ground grasping her mangled right leg!

She is stunned!

... 38 points of damage!

Acid hits leg squarely leaving nothing useful behind.

... 33 points of damage!

Chandrellia's arm is drenched in acid! Flesh and bones are reduced to a smoking slime!

... 38 points of damage!

Spray of acid reduces the forearm to gelatin.

From out of the shadows a murky figure appears, garbed in darkness and moving in a blur of motion! The dark figure raises it arms outward and a bright light sparks from both hand-pylons held tightly in its grip! Four rapid blasts of murky green ichor fire from the hand-pylons, sizzling through the air before striking Sacru!

... 29 points of damage!

Sacru screams! Sacru's right leg is reduced to a puddle of bubbling slime!

Sacru screams and falls to the ground grasping his mangled right leg!

He is stunned!

... 29 points of damage!

Sacru screams! Sacru's left leg is reduced to a puddle of bubbling slime!

... 8 points of damage!

Acid raises angry red welts on the arm!

... 20 points of damage!

Acid dissolves the elbow ligaments. Arm swings in a very odd manner!

A grey-armored half-elven archer just arrived!

A grey-armored half-elven archer ambles in.

A grey-armored half-elven archer ambles in.

A grey-armored half-elven archer ambles in.

Tsarok frowns.

[General] Faerinn thinks, "Those acid spitting pylons are getting more and more common."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "The pylon louts are after us here too."

Chandrellia just bit the dust!

A white cloaked figure swoops into the area and hoists up Chandrellia's body and rushes off towards Moot Hall!

Tsarok frowns.

From out of the shadows a murky figure appears, garbed in darkness and moving in a blur of motion! The dark figure raises it arms outward and a bright light sparks from both hand-pylons held tightly in its grip! Four rapid blasts of murky green ichor fire from the hand-pylons, sizzling through the air before striking Sacru!

... 22 points of damage!

Acid opens midsection. Loose organs cause Sacru to watch his step!

He is stunned!

... 6 points of damage!

Splash to the back of the hand causes the skin to smoke!

... 10 points of damage!

Hit on the arm chars the skin and eats into the underlying muscles!

... 19 points of damage!

Burn to the elbow eats through tendons. Muscles snap free!

[General] Guarrin thinks, "We're heading that way, one block over right now."

You peer east and see ...

[Wehnimer's, The Mews]

The large, barn-like structure that dominates the north side of the block is the city stable. Through a ground-floor window can be seen the rows of now-empty stalls in the dark interior. The pavement just outside is strewn with straw and debris that merits a careful step along this part of the road. To the west is the main square and its cobblestoned bazaar, where furious trading takes place on a daily basis. You also see a steel spear head trailed by an enruned rolaren chain, a wooden shield, a handaxe, a handaxe, a handaxe, a wooden shield, a light crossbow, a light crossbow, a dark-clothed elven knave that is lying down, a grey-armored half-elven archer that is lying down, a handaxe, a scruffy human grifter that appears dead, a light crossbow, a wooden shield, a grey-armored half-elven archer that appears dead, a pale-faced coppery barn owl that is flying around, a grey-armored half-elven archer that is lying down, a dark-clothed elven knave that is lying down, a dark-clothed elven knave that is lying down, a dark-clothed elven knave that is lying down, the Guarrin disk, the Myharl disk, the Sareyna disk, the Berost disk, an enormous leucistic jaguar, a grey-armored half-elven archer and a moldy chocolate cupcake.

Also here: Arshwikk, Stormyrain, Guarrin, Shinann, Ycelacie, Grand Lord Myharl, Bernadette, Talman, Towermen, Sareyna, Dame Evia, Archeth, Berost, Sir Cryheart

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure ambles in.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure ambles in.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure ambles in.

A grey-armored half-elven archer just arrived!

A grey-armored half-elven archer ambles in.

A grey-armored half-elven archer ambles in.

A grey-armored half-elven archer ambles in.

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman charges in!

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman charges in!

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman charges in!

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman charges in!

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman charges in!

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman charges in!

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman charges in!

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Fires are out."

[combat]

Eph just bit the dust!

Ycelacie exclaims, "Wow!"

[General] Leafiara thinks, "And the militia's moved to protect Walward's shop as well."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "This is gonna take a while to recover from."

[combat]

Guarrin says, "Fire to the west again."

Pietra whispers something to Stormyrain.

[combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Well, I say this with no malice in my heart towards the Rooks, but you're in my way, so you're all going to have to die tonight."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "...and never mind, we've got fires again."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "East of Tykel's."

[extended combat]

Speaking to a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, Leafiara says, "Oops, sorry." [hit one]

[combat]

Evia says, "Blah."

[extended combat]

Mongonator says, "My bad."

[combat]

Asben exclaims, "Stop knocking everyone over!"

[combat]

Mongonator yells, "Timber!"

[combat]

Cryheart asks, "Fires out?"

Guarrin says, "Nope."

Taulramil says, "Can I get water from the well."

Guarrin says, "Moot Hall for water."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Fires out at Walward's. ...again."

[Wehnimer's, Valeria St.]

Traffic to and from the hub of activity in the square to the west passes along the dark street here. Passers-by guard their valuables closely, glancing into shaded doorways and niches and wary of the press of the crowd. Two-story buildings of wood and stone line the north and south sides of the cobbled road. You also see an iron bucket, a dark red crushed silk quiver, a felt pouch, an iron bucket, an ember-eyed fire wyrdling, an iron bucket, the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, an iron bucket, a small spot-tailed hawk that is flying around, a pale-faced coppery barn owl that is flying around, the Guarrin disk, the Berost disk, the Sareyna disk, an enormous leucistic jaguar and a large reddish-brown sandstone shop.

Also here: Grand Lord Mongonator, Goldstr, Squire Legionnaire Taulramil, a calmed Spoetzel, Refrain, a calmed Schultz, Culov, a calmed Ensayn, Quartermaster Tsarok, Sacru, Falvicar, Berost, Arshwikk, Stormyrain, Guarrin, Shinann, Bernadette, Talman, Pietra, Towermen, Sareyna, Dame Evia, Archeth, Sir Cryheart, Death Knight Warclaidh

Raelee just bit the dust!

[extended combat]

Flames rise up at the North Docks.

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Bit of an attack at the Raging Thrak, but under control."

[combat]

[General] Cryheart thinks, "Fire by North Dock."

[combat]

An armored human town guard glances over at a scruffy human grifter with a smirk and says, "Come on, too scared to attack?!"

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Focus on the dock fire."

[extended combat]

[General] Keemar thinks, "I am at the dock many fires starting to put them out."

Loamian just bit the dust!

[travel]

Keemar just bit the dust!

[General] The ghost of Keemar thinks, "Brigands here now."

Myasarie just bit the dust!

Mongonator just bit the dust!

Taulramil just bit the dust!

Falvicar just bit the dust!

Shinann just bit the dust!

Bernadette just bit the dust!

[travel, combat]

Pietra just bit the dust!

[travel]

[Wehnimer's, Locksmehr Way]

To the east a dock spears out into the waters of the bay. Ships from all across the world can be seen tied to the dock, and sailors of many races from many lands pass by. To one side of the road stands a weathered and grey clapboard warehouse. You also see a light crossbow, a gold-edged black cloak, some scuffed black boots, some shining steel plate, a light crossbow, a grey-armored half-elven archer, a grey-armored half-elven archer, a grey-armored half-elven archer that is lying down, a morning star, a grey-armored human outlaw, a grey-armored human outlaw, a fresh cherry doughnut, an uncut diamond, a grey-armored human outlaw that is lying down, a grey-armored human outlaw that is lying down, a grey-armored half-elven brigand that appears dead, a grey-armored half-elven brigand that appears dead, a grey-armored half-elven brigand that appears dead, an iron bucket, an iron bucket, a pale-faced coppery barn owl that is flying around, the Berost disk, the Sareyna disk, the Guarrin disk, a small spot-tailed hawk that is flying around, an enormous leucistic jaguar, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire and a small wooden building with a large wooden sign on it.

Also here: Mayor Leafiara, Yakushi, a stunned Sacru, Quartermaster Tsarok, Berost, a stunned Arshwikk, a stunned Stormyrain, a stunned Guarrin, a stunned Talman, a stunned Towermen, a stunned Sareyna, a stunned Dame Evia, a stunned Archeth, Death Knight Warclaidh, a stunned Sir Cryheart

[combat]

Stormyrain just bit the dust!

[combat]

A white cloaked figure swoops into the area and hoists up Stormyrain's body and rushes off towards Moot Hall!

[combat]

A white cloaked figure swoops into the area and hoists up Talman's body and rushes off towards Moot Hall!

[combat]

Talman just bit the dust!

[combat]

[Merchant] The ghost of Taulramil: "A gear covered prism."

[very extennded combat]

Zurya just bit the dust!

Towermen just bit the dust!

A white cloaked figure swoops into the area and hoists up Towermen's body and rushes off towards Moot Hall!

[General] Leafiara asks, "Where?"

[extended combat]

[General] The ghost of Keemar thinks, "They are at the North dock."

[combat]

[General] Guyamon asks, "Locksmehr way?"

[extended combat]

[General] The ghost of Keemar thinks, "When I started putting out fires in the north dock it was empty. Then they showed up as I put the second fire out. Got me before I could urn."

Leafiara mutters, "I'll say one thing for this lot, they sure know their collectibles."

Hapenlok angrily says, "Someone send me a bunch of mana, I'm going to run to the burrow."

The ghostly voice of Talman says, "Aye."

The ghostly voice of Taulramil says, "That was not fair."

Chandrellia just bit the dust!

The ghostly voice of Chandrellia softly exclaims, "Damn it!"

Khylon shouts, "Tunnels are clearing up! How's da streets?"

[General] Raelee thinks, "I know you are listening and I am not finished with you."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "We're working on it, Khylon. Mostly okay."

The ghostly voice of Zurya asks, "I've never died before. Is this normal?"

[combat]

Flames continue to burn the North Docks, igniting several ships at port.

[combat]

[General] Shinann thinks, "Seems a bit calmer... but still not empty."

[General] Drumold exclaims, "My ship!"

[General] Cryheart thinks, "Fires on North dock."

[General] Keemar asks, "North Dock still a battle zone?"

[combat]

[General] Guarrin thinks, "Heading to north dock."

[combat and travel]

[Wehnimer's, North Dock]

The dock's planks are dull and weathered from the salt spray of many seasons. Northward beyond the massive sea gates, a flock of ice geese passes, silhouetted against the sky over the waters of Darkstone Bay. The hulk of a derelict coastal sailer is tethered to the end of the pier. You also see a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, the Berost disk, the Sareyna disk, the Guarrin disk, the Myharl disk, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a wooden shield, some stacked piles of supplies, some huge wooden crates, a stack of empty crates, the murky waters of Darkstone Bay, a black imperial wagon with a glowing blue-white pylon on it and a portly portmaster.

Also here: Mayor Leafiara, Pietra, Guarrin, Lord Asben, Berost, Shinann, Grand Lord Myharl, Archeth, Sareyna, Dame Evia, Sir Cryheart, Hapenlok

Speaking deeply to Shinann, Berost asks, "Followin Thad's lead?"

Hapenlok says, "No more than usual."

Keemar just bit the dust!

[fire fighting]

Shinann says, "I think one of our guards is a bit confused..."

Leafiara says, "A lot of them are."

[fire fighting]

Shinann says, "Going to have to have a talk.."

(OOC) Leafiara's player whispers to the group, "Drink your buckets, when they're empty, to get rid of them. Yes, I know it's weird."

Pietra asks, "Buckets here, or at the hall?"

Hapenlok asks, "I'm going to sweep the burrows again, someone channel me a bunch of mana, please?"

(OOC) Guarrin's player whispers to the group, "Hah."

Cryheart says, "Hall."

[General] Iskandr asks, "Where can I help?"

[travel and combat]

[General] Guarrin thinks, "Fires out at north dock."

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman swings an ornately-etched bardiche at Leafiara!

AS: +486 vs DS: +602 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +61 = -23

A clean miss.

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman swings an ornately-etched bardiche at Leafiara!

By amazing chance, she evades the attack!

Speaking to a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, Leafiara mutters, "Sheesh, I'm sorry."

Leafiara babbles something unintelligible.

[travel]

[General] Iskandr thinks, "Inbound from Reim, just point me where I'm useful."

[combat]

Umbazi just bit the dust!

[General] Shinann asks, "Are you out of the tunnels, Khylon?"

[combat and travel]

Arasleaf just bit the dust!

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see an enormous leucistic jaguar, a red-footed falcon, a thick disk of golden dwarf bread, an iron bucket, a sleek raven that is flying around, some silver coins, a scratched wooden trunk, a loaf of dark crusty ale bread, a large acorn, an herbal remedy donation bin and some stone benches with some stuff on it.

Also here: Mayor Leafiara, Arshwikk, Great Lord Torpe who is sitting, Magister Raelee, Lord Eph, Ertithis, Pheon, Voreain, Marijka, Lord Yavs who is sitting, Great Lady Sochestie

[combat and travel]

Evia just bit the dust!

[combat and travel]

Shinann just bit the dust!

[extended combat and travel]

[General] Leafiara asks, "Does any place still need backup?"

[General] Chandrellia asks, "Are the grifters still running about town?"

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Yes, going through and clearing them out now."

[combat]

[General] Micore thinks, "Yes. I just had a group."

[combat]

[Merchant] Taulramil: "Got grifters around tsc."


Rocked Down

A huge explosion rocks the Boatyard as flames billow up to the sky and townspeople scream in the night as the pungent odor of burning flesh fills the night! The bodies of some hooded figures are tossed in the explosion and strewn about the boatyard.

[Wehnimer's, Boatyard]

This promontory, formed of rocks and sand partially covered by weathered wooden docks, extends a short distance into the river. A few workmen hustle to complete their nighttime tasks, repairing and refurbishing the sailing vessels that are moored here. A refurbished frigate lies at anchor just offshore, awaiting a new cargo as well as a new lease on life. The sand-covered riverbank beach stretches to the south. You also see a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that appears dead, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that appears dead, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that appears dead, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that appears dead, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that appears dead, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that appears dead, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a small stone shrine with a polished ironwood plaque on it, a narrow crack in the ground at the base of the tree and a flowering linden tree.

Leafiara suddenly bursts into flames!

Sir Cryheart's group just arrived.

Cryheart suddenly bursts into flames!

Goldstr exclaims, "Ack!"

Myharl suddenly bursts into flames!

Asben suddenly bursts into flames!

[and others]

'A white gear-covered prism is launched into the area!

A white gear-covered prism is launched into the area!

>symbol return

Your surroundings blur into a white fog . . .

[Courtyard]

A well maintained and healthy garden occupies the entirety of the courtyard. The air here is cool and crisp, but the bulk of the monastery shelters you from wind and makes the air bracing instead of chilling. In the center of the garden is a natural spring bubbling up several inches above the surface of the encircling pool of crystal clear water. A large stone and iron gate blocks the entrance to the monastery flanked by a statue of a woman carrying a crystal staff and a set of crystalline keys facing a second statue of a kneeling young man bedecked in battle-worn black chain armor. You also see some calamia fruit, some woth flower, some woth flower, some wolifrew lichen, some ambrominas leaf, a scorched black marble bench with some stuff on it and a large fel tree.

Also here: Mayor Leafiara, a stunned Sir Cryheart who is lying down, Goldstr, Sacru, Archeth, a stunned Arshwikk, Berost, Conquerer of Reim Iskandr, a stunned Ycelacie, Death Knight Warclaidh, Grauph

Asben just bit the dust!

Pietra just bit the dust!

Tsarok just bit the dust!

Cryheart says, "Thanks."

Leafiara says, "Whew... escaped the prism in time."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Prisms being thrown at the boatyard area..."

Iskandr says, "Thank you for THAT."

[Leafi returns alone]

[Wehnimer's, Boatyard]

This promontory, formed of rocks and sand partially covered by weathered wooden docks, extends a short distance into the river. A few workmen hustle to complete their nighttime tasks, repairing and refurbishing the sailing vessels that are moored here. A refurbished frigate lies at anchor just offshore, awaiting a new cargo as well as a new lease on life. The sand-covered riverbank beach stretches to the south. You also see a grey-armored human mercenary, the Sareyna disk, a grey-armored human mercenary, a grey-armored human mercenary, a grey-armored human mercenary, a shaking gear-covered prism, a shaking gear-covered prism, a scratched modwir box, a green garnet, some silver coins, a large black pearl, a supple rose pink jacket, a star sapphire, a solid moonstone cube, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure that appears dead, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a small stone shrine with a polished ironwood plaque on it, a narrow crack in the ground at the base of the tree and a flowering linden tree.

Also here: Mayor Leafiara, Sareyna

[very extended combat]

Leafiara says, "Prisms.."

Yakushi glances at a shaking gear-covered prism.

[General] Leafiara thinks, "We've cleared out the boatyard area..."

[Merchant] Taulramil: "Grifters still around the hall."

Hapenlok says, "I don't use water very effectively, so ...you know. The more people...."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Now just fighting the fires in the boatyard."

[General] Keemar asks, "Safe to go fight fire for a youngin then?"

Hapenlok says, "Well, that settles it. They're all going to die."

[General] Leafiara tentatively thinks, "...for now."

A white-cloaked figure rushes across a nearby rooftop when suddenly not one, not two, but three shadowy figures emerge out of the darkness of rooftop buildings, rising like pillars of shadows. They each fire handpylons, missiles of acid sizzling through the air at Rone! The white cloaked figure twists and bends, throwing out its gauntleted hands as a ripple of force shields Rone, blocking most of the acidic attacks except one blast splashes and strikes Rone's side! The white cloaked figure tumbles, gripping at its side and then rolls off a nearby rooftop and disappears.

Taulramil says, "Hmm."

[fire fighting]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Rone... if we survive the night, seek someone out for healing. Arrest warrant aside, you're still a citizen entitled to life unless a trial finds otherwise."

Hapenlok says, "I guess I'm gonna have to go try and save Rone..."

[travel]

[Wehnimer's, Narrow Alleyway]

This narrow, dead-end alleyway runs from town square to the south, up to a bare wall at the north end. To the west, partially hidden behind teetering stacks of boxes, you see a weatherbeaten door with paint peeling off of it.

Leafiara says, "Hm."

[travel]

[Town Square, South Alley]

This narrow alleyway passes crookedly between the old wood and stone walls of the surrounding buildings, providing a shaded byway from the busy road to the south to a small park nestled in a grassy niche to the north. An occasional stray mutt sniffs around the foundations, searching for rats or morsels. You also see a reinforced shield.

[travel]

[General] Cryheart thinks, "Outside of Moot."

[travel]

[Town Square, East]

Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous shops, still doing business with the many customers who still frequent the streets at night. You also see the Sareyna disk, a pale-faced coppery barn owl that is flying around, the Iskandr disk, the Berost disk, a small spot-tailed hawk that is flying around, the Myharl disk, a jungle samoyed, an enormous leucistic jaguar, a chipped brick, a backsword and a large purple wooden barrel.

Also here: Mayor Leafiara, Shinann, Sareyna, Bernadette, Dame Evia, Ycelacie, Grand Lord Myharl, Grand Lord Mongonator, Goldstr, Archeth, Arshwikk, Berost, Conquerer of Reim Iskandr, Sacru, Sir Cryheart, Xorus

Ycelacie says, "They don't need to be involved with this."

Khylon emerges with a squad of militia and they march through the town, hacking at the grifters and outlaws who come rushing into view.

[combat and travel]

[General] Guarrin thinks, "Still have fires in the boatyard."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara asks, "They reignited?"

[travel]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "To be fair, I think we didn't get them all before we ran off."

[travel, and very extended combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "...oh. It's because the Knaves are back."

[very extended combat]

[General] Pietra asks, "Honestly, which ones are the knaves?"

[General] Guarrin thinks, "No, they were still going before they showed up."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "The ones in grey."

[combat]

Ycelacie exclaims, "Wow!"

[combat]

[General] Ubruk asks, "Has the invasion ceased? Have we won the day?"

Speaking to Asben, Pietra says, "EVERYONE is killing the wrong ones."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Not yet we haven't."

Cryheart asks, "Fires out?"

Pietra says, "Nope, more dock fires."

[travel]

[Wehnimer's, Locksmehr Way] To the east a dock spears out into the waters of the bay. Ships from all across the world can be seen tied to the dock, and sailors of many races from many lands pass by. To one side of the road stands a weathered and grey clapboard warehouse. You also see a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire, a crackling fire and a small wooden building with a large wooden sign on it.

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Fires at the mover's."

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman swings an ornately-etched bardiche at Leafiara!

AS: +496 vs DS: +603 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +3 = -72

A clean miss.

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman swings an ornately-etched bardiche at Leafiara!

AS: +496 vs DS: +603 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +35 = -40

A clean miss.

Leafiara relents, "Yes, yes, I'm sorry for the incidents in 5118."

[fire fighting]

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman positions himself to attack Leafiara.

The evanescent shield shrouding Leafiara flares to life and absorbs the oncoming blow.

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman positions himself to attack Leafiara.

The evanescent shield shrouding Leafiara flares to life and absorbs the oncoming blow.

Shinann says, "A few have been hit on the head..."

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman swings an ornately-etched bardiche at Leafiara!

AS: +486 vs DS: +603 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +40 = -45

A clean miss.

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman swings an ornately-etched bardiche at Leafiara!

AS: +486 vs DS: +603 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +96 = +11

A clean miss.

Speaking to Shinann, Leafiara says, "It's fine, leave 'em alone."

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman swings an ornately-etched bardiche at Hapenlok!

AS: +486 vs DS: +786 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +24 = -247

A clean miss.

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman swings an ornately-etched bardiche at Hapenlok!

AS: +486 vs DS: +747 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +22 = -210

A clean miss.

Leafiara says, "I probably deserve it."

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman swings an ornately-etched bardiche at Leafiara!

AS: +496 vs DS: +627 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +10 = -89

A clean miss.

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman swings an ornately-etched bardiche at Hapenlok!

With extreme effort, Hapenlok beats back the attack with his runestaff!

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman swings an ornately-etched bardiche at Leafiara!

AS: +486 vs DS: +627 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +97 = -12

A clean miss.

Leafiara says, "Out of buckets..."

[Wehnimer's, Bay's Watch West]

Here at the northern end of Wehnimer's Landing, the fickle waters of the Locksmehr River flow to the east. The westernmost of the twin guardtowers that keep watch over the river gates into town rises above, casting a dark shadow over the lamplit cobblestones. The huge ironbound sea gates straddle the river, extending to the matching tower on the eastern bank. You also see a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, a uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman, a uniformed doorkeeper and a wrought iron gate.

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman swings an ornately-etched bardiche at Leafiara!

AS: +498 vs DS: +627 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +47 = -50

A clean miss.

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman positions himself to attack Leafiara.

The evanescent shield shrouding Leafiara flares to life and absorbs the oncoming blow. Before fading, it flickers with a pale incandescence.

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman positions himself to attack Leafiara.

The evanescent shield shrouding Leafiara flares to life and absorbs the oncoming blow.

A uniformed Wehnimer's militiaman positions himself to attack Leafiara.

The evanescent shield shrouding Leafiara flares to life and absorbs the oncoming blow.

[travel]

[General] Shinann thinks, "Khylon, I believe the guards are tired... they are swinging at us..."

[travel]

Kiwoeachi says, "Zappy zaapp."

[travel]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Shiannn, they must be your troops. They're going right after me."

[General] Sigeal thinks, "Mercanaries in the Moot Hall."

[travel]

[General] Keemar asks, "Any more fires?"

[General] Berost thinks, "An mercenaries attackin in the Moot lobby."

[General] Hapenlok asks, "They follow your lead, see?"

[General] Shinann thinks, "We do not have squads."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Don't worry, they're coming for me too. I've probably deserved it though."

[Moot Hall, Great Lobby]

The great lobby is quite spacious, with an oak bannister wrapping around a staircase leading to the second story of Moot Hall. The wall are draped in rich tapestries framing niches that hold marble busts of local dignitaries. To the north is a double door, and to the west, a mahogany door bearing a silver plaque. A carpeted pathway leads toward the Debt Collector's Office. You also see a green sapphire, a backsword, a shy badland spirit that is flying around, a lighthearted luck spirit that is flying around, a sugar-dusted golden doughnut, a sugar-dusted golden doughnut, a wafer of candied seeds, a large wooden chest, a large wooden chest, a veil iron shield-shaped plaque, a blackboard and an old stained table with some stuff on it.

Also here: Lord Asben, Zurya, High Lord Sadnama, Lord Rhodrie, Barrister Faerinn, Arasleaf who is lying down, Great Lord Umbazi, Myasarie who is sitting, Lady Kinsley, Kahan who is kneeling

[travel]

[General] Viva thinks, "Got a bucket filled with water looking for a fire."

[combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Same, here. I tried to hold back as much as I could."

[travel]

[General] Cryheart asks, "Any more fires?"

[Realm] Guarrin thinks, "Location on fire."

[travel]

[General] Chandrellia thinks, "South ring road appears clear."

Guyamon just bit the dust!

[General] Leafiara suspiciously thinks, "The streets seem to be clearing out. I don't want to speak too soon, though."

[travel]

[General] Scarswyrth thinks, "I hope these weird boxes have weird loot in em."

[travel]

[General] Shinann asks, "Khylon, did you make it back?"

[travel]

[General] The ghost of Guyamon thinks, "The militia just killed me."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Above ground seems clear and so does below ground."

[travel]

[General] The ghost of Guyamon thinks, "Dirty bastards."

[travel]

[General] Umbazi thinks, "Yeah, I just got attacked by them as well."

[General] Leafiara asks, "Any more fires?"

[travel]

[General] Pietra asks, "When is drinkin time?"

[General] Khylon thinks, "Aye, I'm fine. Tunnels are bloodstained, but empty. I'm tendin' to some o' our wound'd boys."

[General] Viva thinks, "There are some at the north dock."

[travel]

[General] Shinann thinks, "We need to have a talk soon... get some rest."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "North dock looks clear to me."

[travel]

'[General] Shinann thinks, "I will come tend them."

[General] Viva thinks, "It is now, Drumold went in, not sure if got 'em or scared them off."


Regrouping

[Town Square, East]

Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous shops, still doing business with the many customers who still frequent the streets at night. You also see a puckish sun spirit that is flying around, a brilliant purple kitten wearing a purple collar clasped with a pair of crossed silver swords, a pale-faced coppery barn owl that is flying around, the Sareyna disk, the Iskandr disk, the Berost disk, the Guarrin disk, a small spot-tailed hawk that is flying around, the Myharl disk, a jungle samoyed, an enormous leucistic jaguar, a green zircon, a chipped brick, a backsword and a large purple wooden barrel.

Also here: Mayor Leafiara, Great Lord Umbazi, Lord Telagan, Luminary Berkana, Xorus, Death Knight Warclaidh, Lord Asben, Guarrin, Pietra, Quartermaster Tsarok, Grand Lord Myharl, Sareyna, Bernadette, Dame Evia, Ycelacie, Grand Lord Mongonator, Goldstr, Archeth, Arshwikk, Berost, Conquerer of Reim Iskandr, Sacru, Squire Legionnaire Taulramil, Sir Cryheart, Zurya

Tsarok quietly says, "I think there are six factions now."

Leafiara musingly says, "Well, it at least *looks* like we've won."

Evia says, "They're drunk and disorderly."

Tsarok quietly asks, "Seven?"

Bernadette softly says, "Even guards."

[General] Keemar thinks, "Any more fires anywhere I can go run and put out? I ran around docks for a bit couldn't find anymore."

Speaking to Tsarok, Leafiara says, "Six, I think."

The voice of Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Dey is new recruitsh, dey shtill lernin."

Umbazi says, "The militia just tried to kill me. That doesn't look like winning to me."

[General] Viva thinks, "Oh still here just went a bit east."

Leafiara says, "And we didn't even see the blood disciples or Barnom's men tonight either."

[General] Thadston thinks, "Congratulations dwarf, street wars on your watch. I bloodied enough thugs for the night. The fires seem out."

Berost deeply says, "Moreso I blame the folks payin these mercs and fillin our folk with tha nonsense ion their heads."

Cryheart says, "They do get riled up."

Berkana says, "And tried to kill Guarrin too."

Cryheart says, "If attacked."

Pietra says, "Thadston..."

Guarrin asks, "Won?"

Iskandr says, "Well, glad I got in on the tail end of that. Sorry I was late."

Speaking to Berkana, Guarrin says, "Yes, they didn't appreciate my sigils."

[General] Faerinn thinks, "Thaddy you literally had bigger ones on your watch just last month."

Cryheart says, "Thadston on the thought net."

[General] Leafiara dryly thinks, "Yes, because nothing ever went wrong while you were in command."

Speaking to Raelee, Ycelacie asks, "Are you alright?"

[General] Evia thinks, "Talk is cheap."

The voice of Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Shh, its Raelee."

[General] Chandrellia thinks, "Thadston, you have no room to talk."

Iskandr says, "Even lived, so far."

[General] Berost thinks, "Go back to tha barrel ya crawled out of Thad. Aint seein you puttin out fires. Dwarf nonsense out yer mouth hole..."

Goldstr exclaims, "Likes I said dey payin da Rooks fer protection let der shops burn!"

Iskandr says, "And now I have this vintage Landing bucket."

Speaking to her red lacquered coffer, Berkana says, "Aren't you a pretty thing..."

[Merchant] Taulramil: "We all put in work tonight."

[Merchant] Scarswyrth: "Not me."

[General] Chandrellia thinks, "At least helped defend the town rather than start brawls in the streets."

[General] Taulramil thinks, "We all played a part and fought."

Speaking to Goldstr, Guarrin asks, "...and their neighbors?"

The voice of Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Leafi, yooz shood do what all potiliciansh do, blame it on da peeviush mayah."

Speaking to Ycelacie, Raelee says, "I am uninjured."

Leafiara says, "Okay... calming down a moment, tonight we've seen the guard, militia, Rooks, Rone, and the Knaves in action. *If* the pylon army is separate from those, we saw them too."

[General] Viva thinks, "One still floating around, went to north ring road now just west of the bay's watch."

Speaking quietly to Pietra, Tsarok exclaims, "Other than the three times, I didn't die once tonight!"

Leafiara says, "What we didn't see were the blood disciples camped in the forest, and potentially not Barnom's people."

Speaking to Guarrin, Goldstr says, "True me friend, was jess a thought."

Speaking to Tsarok, Pietra exclaims, "Didn't hurt a bit!"

Speaking to Raelee, Ycelacie says, "I tried my best to avoid any prisms after the first."

[General] Faerinn thinks, "Almost surprised you aren't at Helga's, Thad. Must have been banned."

[General] Thadston thinks, "Where did Rone fall? We could fetch a good silver I hear."

[General] Myasarie asks, "Things under control in town now?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Umbazi says, "Thank the gods. We had enough people to fight."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "He's got a lot of new potential additions to his army, tonight."

[General] Flame thinks, "Appears to be."

Speaking to Leafiara, Iskandr says, "Oh please don't get the Blood-folk agitated for this one."

Xorus says, "Maybe we were Barnom's people and the blood disciples all along."

Speaking to Ycelacie, Marijka agrees, "That first prism was annoying."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "We just killed a lot of people tonight."

[General] Bellasco asks, "Are we gonna sell the body?"

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara muses, "Oof, didn't think of that."

[General] Keemar thinks, "The figure that moved most of us to safety after we fell? I doubt any would tell you Thad."

[General] Chandrellia thinks, "I think Rone fell in a tankard of Ale at Helga's. You should go see, Thadston."

The voice of Gutstorm drunkenly exclaims, "Hey Xorush, shell me a rat!"

Myharl deeply says, "Rone does have a nice bounty on him. Thadston's right about that I suppose."

Cryheart says, "Aye."

[General] Leafiara diplomatically thinks, "We do have enough fighting without going after one another too."

Hapenlok says, "A bounty that's never going to get paid."

Raelee slowly says, "... speaking of death."

Speaking curiously to Raelee, Leafiara asks, "Yeah?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Raelee says, "I was attacked."

Speaking pointedly to Leafiara, Raelee says, "At the Outpost."

Speaking tentatively to Raelee, Leafiara says, "Er, yes, so were we--"

[General] Faerinn thinks, "I thought you weren't interested in Casiphia anymore, Thad. Amazing what a good bounty will do to reignite an affair."

Speaking to Raelee, Leafiara asks, "Wait, what?"

Cryheart asks, "Hand pylons?"

Speaking to Raelee, Leafiara asks, "By who?"

Raelee nods at Cryheart.

Raelee says, "A pylon wielder. Acid."

Leafiara says, "So they've even infiltrated the outpost."

Speaking to Raelee, Hapenlok says, "One got me down below."

Raelee continues, "It did not work. I survived the first volley. After which I was stabbed."

Goldstr says, "Seems so."

Hapenlok asks, "....maybe the same one?"

'Raelee adds, "... and when that failed to work, again."

Cryheart says, "A few of us got attacked by the pylon wielder."

Guarrin says, "At this point, several have."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Iskandr asks, "Wait, down below what?"

Hapenlok says, "The tunnels."

Leafiara speculates, "I think the pylon wielders are the fireflies."

The voice of Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Yooz gotsha nice orbsh."

Myasarie quietly asks, "Did they infiltrate on their own or did they have help doing so?"

Faerinn says, "They have more than one of those acid pylons."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Iskandr exclaims, "Ohh.....!"

Leafiara says, "It's literally in their name. Fireflies."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia exclaims, "That is a good thought!"

Speaking to Hapenlok, Iskandr says, "I thought you meant something else entirely."

Goldstr says, "Amos's thugs."

Evia asks, "Fireflies?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Raelee says, "My assailant informed me that 'every bit of this region will be ours', I quote."

Taulramil says, "Well."

Umbazi asks, "Does anyone else feel like inventing a very large fly swatter for the fireflies?"

Speaking softly to Evia, Chandrellia says, "Amos has spies he calls fireflies."

Speaking musingly to Raelee, Leafiara says, "Well, on the bright side, that means we can invoke the help of the Bourthians and Hendorans, potentially."

Evia says, "Sheesh."

Taulramil says, "Fighting is over then."

Ensayn sincerely says, "Can't have the brewery."

Leafiara says, "Yeah, the fireflies are Amos' three girlfriends."

Speaking quietly to Taulramil, Myasarie says, "For now it seems so."

Xorus says, "They were dropping much of that nature."

Leafiara says, "Mother supplied us their names... Azyrial, Celadonna, and uh... hm, I forget the other." [Rustilyn]

Evia asks, "So...fly girls?"

Taulramil says, "That is true."

[Merchant]-GSIV:Storig: "If the militia is attacking you, you attacked them by mistake. It should only be the grifters attacking you. I think."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia asks, "Think it's time to pull Amos in for more questioning?"

Taulramil says, "So note to self."

Faerinn says, "Sister wife spies."

Speaking wryly to Chandrellia, Leafiara says, "Something like that, yeah."

Taulramil says, "Watch out for gear covered prisms."

Shinann says, "I tried to find... Rone. Could not."

Arshwikk says, "I need me some fireflies."

Speaking to Shinann, Hapenlok admits, "Same."


Larsya's Invitation

A nervous town clerk steps out of Moot Hall and looks around.

Speaking to Shinann, you say, "All else aside, Rone deserves first aid at least."

Speaking to Warclaidh, Ycelacie says, "You know you have a bounty on your head."

Kiwoeachi says, "I managed to not die tonight."

Speaking softly to a nervous town clerk, Chandrellia says, "It's clear."

The voice of Gutstorm drunkenly asks, "Why sho nerbush?"

Speaking quietly to Arshwikk, Myasarie asks, "For what m'lord? To adorne your clothing?"

Faerinn says, "Oh good. More news."

Speaking to Shinann, Goldstr says, "Well Rone WAS wounded, we see wha he does next."

Speaking to a nervous town clerk, Leafiara says, "Stick close just in case."

Pietra asks, "Oh is it politics portion of the evening?"

[General] Cryheart thinks, "Clerk outside of Moot."

Warclaidh hoarsely asks, "From who?"

Speaking to Warclaidh, Ycelacie says, "Can't say."

Sareyna says, "I didn't die either."

Speaking to a nervous town clerk, Shinann says, "You look nervous."

Cryheart says, "Aye...fiery evening."

Speaking softly to a nervous town clerk, Chandrellia asks, "Mayor got ya working late again huh?"

Speaking to Sareyna, Kiwoeachi says, "Ya but you're a goddess."

Speaking to a nervous town clerk, Umbazi asks, "You do. What else is wrong?"

Warclaidh hoarsely says, "It's good they keep it a secret."

Speaking to Shinann, Hapenlok asks, "Can I make a suggestion, though?"

The clerk loosens his grip on a small note that is stained from his palm sweat.

Faerinn says, "I don't blame him. It's been a bad night to be a clerk."

Speaking to a nervous town clerk, Taulramil says, "Is there something inside."

Speaking to a nervous town clerk, Leafiara says, "This is about as safe a spot as it's going to get, since any threats would attack all of us first."

Speaking encouragingly to a nervous town clerk, Leafiara says, "Go ahead and let us know."

Speaking to a nervous town clerk, Taulramil says, "What is that."

The clerk says, "Well, I was to deliver it earlier but....it was not safe anywhere."

Kiwoeachi says, "Pretty sure Murdos got his shop raided those grifters all had gems."

Iskandr says, "Oh great, a delivery."

Evia says, "We noticed that."

Speaking gently to a nervous town clerk, Leafiara says, "No excuses needed, we understand."

Myasarie quietly says, "Well do so now."

Taulramil says, "True."

Speaking to a nervous town clerk, Guarrin says, "Good news, I'm certain."

Leafiara says, "Most of us were dying all night."

Speaking to a nervous town clerk, Umbazi asks, "Can you read it to us now, please?"

Speaking to a nervous town clerk, Evia says, "Take a breath."

Speaking to a nervous town clerk, Taulramil says, "Pass it to your boss."

Hapenlok says, "Whoever is cleaining up the bodies, I would suggest building a pyre and burning the bodies this time. Slim likes his undead playthings, you know."

Bellasco says, "I killed a big scary archer."

The clerk says, "Lady Larsya Caulfield, in taking up one of her brother's traditions in his absence, had invited you and any wishing to join from town, to a late dinner tomorrow eve at the Outpost war room."

Leafiara curiously says, "Huh, okay."

Gutstorm drunkenly exclaims, "Pirate lady!"

Leafiara mutters, "I swear it's like she runs the place now."

Kiwoeachi says, "Sounds like a trap."

Rawdune says, "Can't seem to find any more."

Speaking to a nervous town clerk, Umbazi asks, "What time?"

Evia says, "What an odd night."

Marijka amusedly says, "War room. Apropos."

Berkana says, "Ooo. Dinner."

Kiwoeachi says, "Poison."

Speaking to Kiwoeachi, Hapenlok says, "It's not a trap. Larsya's good people."

Faerinn says, "That's mediocre news."

Xorus says, "We could invite these pirates for her."

Ensayn interestedly asks, "Did somebody mention food?"

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Myasarie says, "Or thinks she does."

Iskandr says, "Well, I do like free dinners...."

Kiwoeachi says, "Yea.. your most trusted friend could be your worst enemy."

Cryheart says, "Larsya is a good young lady."

Guarrin says, "Sounds lovely."

Berkana asks, "War room is code for black attire, right?"

Myharl deeply says, "So that's who I saw roaming the street..."

Faerinn says, "Then again the last time we had one of those dinners we got stuck with Corduroy."

Speaking drunkenly to Cryheart, Gutstorm says, "Me try to git her drunk one time."

Umbazi says, "Raelee just said that they invaded the outpost too."

Goldstr exclaims, "I do likes da Larysa lass a bunch!"

Speaking quietly to Iskandr, Myasarie asks, "Are you sure it would be safe?"

Speaking amiably to a nervous town clerk, Leafiara says, "Thanks for the news."

Evia says, "I hope there aren't any burnt taters, those smell horrible."

Taulramil says, "You can count on me to attend."

Faerinn says, "I doubt the Empire is filling in another empty seat on the council...."

Faerinn asks, "Right?"

The clerk says, "That's all I had." He hurriedly heads back into Moot Hall.

Cryheart says, "Message delivered and received, clerk."

Raelee dryly says, "And this will be a far larger invasion of the Outpost."

Ensayn concernedly says, "You did say dinner. The kind you eat . ."

Speaking to Raelee, Marijka says, "Frankly, I'd lower the gates and alert the guards."

Speaking amiably to Raelee, Leafiara asks, "It's fine, we're all, uh--well, I can't really say friends here, I guess, but. Ya know. Allies?"

Hapenlok says, "Her father can rot in the plane of fire, for all I care. But she's okay."

Speaking tentatively to Raelee, Leafiara concludes, "Non-enemies."

Keemar says, "This is all new to me."

Hapenlok says, "And I'll never turn down a free meal."

Speaking comfortingly to Gutstorm, Ensayn says, "I'll bring the whiskey."

Speaking curiously to Raelee, Leafiara asks, "*Is* Larsya in charge with Breshon away?"

Cryheart says, "They hae some good meals at the Outpost."

Speaking to Leafiara, Faerinn says, "This week."

Speaking to Leafiara, Taulramil says, "I will attend if nothing more than to enjoy good food, but to also watch those who go, and make sure they are safe."

Speaking to Cryheart, Hapenlok says, "Damn right."

Speaking quietly to Hapenlok, Myasarie says, "M'lord never turns down anything free one believes."

Speaking to Leafiara, Raelee says, "Not in any way that matters."

Speaking drunkenly to Ensayn, Gutstorm says, "Ill bring .....me."

Leafiara admits, "I think I trust Larsya more to know what's going on in that outpost than Breshon, to be honest."

Speaking to Taulramil, Iskandr says, "I'm mostly in for the food."

Speaking disappointedly to Raelee, Leafiara says, "Ah, okay."

Speaking to Myasarie, Hapenlok asks, "You're not wrong. How do you think I made my fortune?"

Speaking encouragingly to Gutstorm, Ensayn says, "Don't misplace yourself."

Cryheart says, "Let us hope she dinnae want to play pirates."

Hapenlok says, "Frugality and killing people. And plinite collecting."

Cryheart says, "Ok..."

Speaking quietly to Hapenlok, Myasarie says, "Willnae comment on that Sir."

Cryheart says, "Time to rest."

Shinann says, "Excuse me. I should go help Khylon with the wounded."

Speaking to Iskandr, Taulramil says, "Did the clerk happen to mention a time this Lady is having it."

Speaking to Cryheart, Iskandr asks, "Perhaps we should all bring our eye patches just in case?"

Leafiara says, "Maybe playing pirates is exactly what we need right now."

Leafiara says, "Thoughts about naval warfare and ambushes and such."

Arshwikk says, "Okay, dinner tomorrow night, got it."

Goldstr asks, "When do da Larysa wants us der?"

Leafiara asks, "Tomorrow, the clerk said... I think?"

A town clerk returns.

Speaking to Leafiara, Taulramil asks, "Perhaps you got a time?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Marijka informs, "I'm a veteran marine on a deck myself. I'm certain you're startled to discover it."

Speaking softly to a town clerk, Chandrellia asks, "More news?"

Faerinn says, "Tomorrow, uh oh."

Leafiara says, "Yeah, tomorrow eve."

The town clerk speaks up, "I almost forgot!"

Pietra says, "Oh come ON."

Goldstr says, "Ahhh goods to hear, I also needs rest."

Speaking to a town clerk, Iskandr asks, "Can I bring a plus one?"

Ensayn adds, "Late dinner."

Speaking to a town clerk, Sochestie says, "Welp, at least you're not nervous anymore."

Speaking to a town clerk, Faerinn asks, "Happy Ebon Gate?"

Speaking to a town clerk, Taulramil says, "I can understand with all the fighting going on, you forgot something."

Speaking to a town clerk, Umbazi asks, "What did you forget?"

Ensayn happily says, "So still time for regular dinner before that."

The town clerk says, "I believe, although the note didn't say, ...but I believe the young lady's birthday is the reason for her dinner." The clerk shrugs and heads off.

[OOC] Bellasco: "That was a pretty fun invasion with all the smaller stuff around that younger folks could kill."

Leafiara gasps, "Oh!"

Leafiara musingly says, "Well, that's good news."

Arshwikk says, "Oh."

Arshwikk says, "Cake."

Keemar asks, "So it's a birthday party?"

Speaking to Arshwikk, Pietra exclaims, "CAKE!"

Felita says, "We need to bring a present."

Speaking to Tsarok, Pietra exclaims, "CAKE!"

Umbazi asks, "Oh, good for her. What birthday is she celebrating?"

Evia says, "We should bring her ALOT of cakes."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia asks, "May I make a suggestion?"

Goldstr exclaims, "So bring presents folks!"

Cryheart says, "Aye..cake."

Ensayn confusedly says, "Maybe it's a surprise party."

Umbazi says, "All the cakes."

Cryheart says, "And presents."

Xorus says, "How can she be so sure? She had almost stopped aging for a while..."

Speaking to Umbazi, Iskandr asks, "You're asking her age?"

Felita says, "Yay cake."

Evia says, "ALL the cakes."

Myasarie quietly says, "So will be a happy celebration. That be good."

Ensayn uncertainly asks, "Am I supposed to be surprised?"

Speaking to Evia, Guarrin says, "...barely enough time to forge a blade."

Umbazi asks, "I'm trying to figure out how old she is. I think she's six, maybe eight?"

Goldstr exclaims, "NEVER ask a Lass her AGE!"

Faerinn says, "Fortunately there's a whole town with pirate stuff just a bay away."

Speaking to Goldstr, Umbazi says, "That doesn't count with children."

Speaking to Goldstr, Iskandr says, "Not even a wee pirate."

Leafiara says, "Whew, what a night."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia says, "Tomorrow people will be having cake, and food, and at the outpost, would it be smart to set up patrols in town, if we know about it, then I am sure others do as well and could leave the town open to attack again."

Keemar says, "It was an interesting one, to say the least."

Hapenlok asks, "Well, she didn't exactly return to her original age when we cured her, did she?"

Speaking to Chandrellia, Leafiara says, "Well, the good news is we probably destroyed quite a bit of their resources."

Hapenlok asks, "Didn't she gain a few years?"

Hapenlok says, "I can't recall."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Leafiara says, "I don't know if they can regroup *that* quickly."

Evia says, "I thought so."

Kiwoeachi exclaims, "Drinks!"

Hapenlok asks, "I seemed to recall her being early teens, or something like that?"

Speaking uncertainly to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "I *think* we restored her. But I was never around to see her pre-aging, so not sure."

Speaking to Kiwoeachi, Taulramil says, "Do you happen to know this Lady the clerk speaks of."

Raelee tiredly says, "Birthdays are anniversaries of a specific date. It does not change, even with altered rates of aging."

Hapenlok says, "She's been here a few years, at any rate."

Speaking to Taulramil, Kiwoeachi asks, "What are they telling you?"

Speaking to himself, Guarrin mutters, "Did she have a bow and arrow last time we saw her?"

Ensayn says, "Enough blood on me to look respectable."

Evia says, "That's just it...I cannot recall what her age is."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia says, "Yes, so they will be looking to get back what they lost, I am no military strategist, but I have seen groups regroup pretty fast, and we don't know exactly how many they have in their command to begin with."

Hapenlok says, "Well, anyway."

Speaking to Raelee, Marijka says, "Objectively, yes, but I'm certain you're also aware of the cultural import that society places upon birthdates and ages."

Kiwoeachi asks, "Larsya Caulfield?"

Ensayn says, "Shhh. It's a surprise."

Leafiara says, "Well defended, all. I know tonight was a bit insane."

Faerinn says, "Well I need to find an outfit and present for tomorrow."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Leafiara says, "True. The outpost isn't far, though."

Speaking to Leafiara, Keemar says, "Not a night I'll forget any time soon."

Speaking to Marijka, Raelee says, "I am aware, but if I suddenly reverse my aging by a decade, that does nothing to change the fact that I was born in Lormesta."

Speaking to Taulramil, Kiwoeachi asks, "You mean Larsya?"

Speaking to Chandrellia, Leafiara assures, "If needed, we can pull back to town very quickly."

Ensayn proposes, "I can guard the food."

Umbazi says, "Good night, all. I think I need to find a pirate outfit."

Hapenlok says, "Rooks and Knaves."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Iskandr says, "Well I'm glad you still have what's down below. Was worried there the way you said that earlier."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Make sure they burn those bodies."

Iskandr says, "Sounded painful."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "Because of the undead threat, right."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Correct."

Leafiara says, "Lots of fires tonight too..."

Leafiara says, "Blah."

Umbazi says, "And lots of acid."

Ensayn says, "Maylan would be proud."

Speaking to Leafiara, Keemar says, "And explosions."

Iskandr asks, "Still a bit of chaos, huh?"

Taulramil says, "Well."

Taulramil says, "I know."

Myasarie quietly says, "Nae be the first nor the last time the Landing be burning one be sure."

Iskandr says, "Glad I made it, better late than never."

Hapenlok says, "Well, even old..."

Hapenlok says, "They still have to cheat to kill me."

Speaking to Raelee, Marijka admits, "It's hard for me to fully grasp the weight of that cultural import, if I'm honest, despite being an Imperial myself. Every human who was alive when I was born, is now dead. Or close as makes no difference."

Hapenlok says, "I burned the archers' hands off."

Leafiara says, "I think I'll check on the burned shops and see if anything can be found."

Speaking to Marijka, Raelee says, "Priorities."

Hapenlok says, "Then that bastard with the hand cannon blasted my limbs off."

Speaking wryly to Raelee, Marijka says, "Another gift to chalk up to the hathlyn legacy."

Leafiara says, "Everyone have a good eve if you can, and I'll see you tomorrow for the party."

Hapenlok says, "And they STILL needed to roll a prism into the room to kill me."

Keemar says, "I am going to go on some hunts. I need to learn and advance my trade. If I am every going to be of use."

Ensayn says, "Brewery is safe. Rest of the building are expendable."