The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
The Sorcerer Base spell circle is a hybrid form of magic spanning the elemental and spiritual spheres. The majority of spells in this circle are warding attack spells. In addition, several spells offer significant utility purposes, including a few uniquely defining capabilities.
According to An Overview of Elanthian Magic, there are actually two versions of the Sorcerer Base circle of magic, one used by the Faendryl, and a second that is released to Sorcerers all over the continent. While in theory the general council which guides the Sorcerer Base circle controls content in the universal version, and the Faendryl control their internal circle, it is generally known that the Faendryl have a hand in all decisions related to Sorcery, whether through respect or intimidation. As a result, the two circles are almost always synchronized with each other, with the exception of those spells which the Faendryl keep to themselves.
Enhancements by Rank
All stackable and refreshable enhancement spells last for +60 sec per rank unless otherwise stated.
For lore enhancements, see Lore Chart.
- Phase (704)
- Duration is extended +6 sec per rank when phasing for weightlessness.
- Grasp of the Grave (709)
- Helps determine knockdown success. Provides a bonus on the first attempt, and is a more determining factor for the second attempt.
- Cloak of Shadows (712)
- Adds +1 DS per rank greater than 12 (capped at level).
- Adds +1 TD per 10 ranks greater than 12 (capped at level).
- Costs +1 mana for per +3 bonus (every 3 ranks).
- Star Curse (715)
- Adds +1 Bolt AS per three ranks greater than 15 (capped at level).
- Implosion (720)
- Adds to a sorcerer's success and damage when using this spell.
- Minor Summoning (725)
- Duration is extended by +20 sec per rank.
- Ensorcell (735)
- Increases chance of success.
- Planar Shift (740)
- Adds to a sorcerer's success rate.