Adventurer's Guild/saved posts
>I also remember a NIR post stating 30 kills was the max to find an heirloom or spawn a grizzled, hmm.
During the beta testing of the Adventurer's Guild, I asked players who went above 30 kills to report their task so that I could look into whether there was a problem or whether they were just having bad luck. 30 is not a hard limit, but one where the odds are fairly low (but not zero) of reaching.
The following updates have been made to the bounty system:
- Group task support has been added to the following tasks: Kill Creatures, Retrieve Heirloom, Kill Dangerous Creature, and Rescue Child.
Group tasks for the bounty system operate in a somewhat similar fashion to the Guardians of Sunfist group task system, wherein a person who receives a suitable task from the taskmaster may sign up additional helpers to assist with a portion of the task. Any helpers must be within -5/+10 levels of the person who originally received the task and cannot have been signed up for another group task within the last fifteen minutes or currently have a bounty task active. A maximum of 3 helpers may be signed up for any one task and the helpers can only complete the task while the person who signed them up is present.
- An additional task has been added: Kill Bandits. This task also has group task support.
- Bandits generated for the Protect Traveller task will now spawn more often and generally be more dangerous overall, with new tactics and new abilities. We intend to closely monitor the difficulty of this task and adjust it, should it be necessary. Any feedback on the changes are welcome.
- The Pinefar Trading Post has been added as an additional optional drop off point for rescued children.
>What's the rationale for the range in which you can add someone to your task being -5 to +10? Why isn't it -10 to +10? Just doesn't seem to make much sense.
You're right, that is a bug. The correct range of helpers should be 10 levels under the main task holder to five levels over (the opposite of what it was until now). This should now be fixed.
I've updated the bandits to use an engagement system similar to the Grimswarm, where they will ignore targets significantly lower in level (~10 levels) unless attacked first, as opposed to previously only shouting a warning before attacking lower level targets.
The Adventurer's Guilds have restocked their reward shops to provide a larger selection of potential reward options for its many freelance contractors. All previous reward options have been retained, with the following new additions:
- Feather Charm: Reduces your encumbrance level by 40 lbs for 5 minutes. Rub activation with 1 charge.
- Mandis Charm: Dispels all spells currently affecting you. Rub activation with 1 charge.
- Chronomage-approved Gold Ring of Teleportation: A standard teleportation ring, licensed for 20 successful teleports.
- Throat Balm: Eliminates all current vocal chord stress and excessive thirstiness. Rub activation with 1 charge.
- Temporary Damage Padding: Add damage padding to your armor for 50 hits. Somewhat and heavy padding levels are available.
- Temporary Elemental Flares: Add fire, cold, or electricity flares to your weapon for 30 flare activations.