All That Remains - 5120-05-01 - The Fray of the Fist's First Foray (log)

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

Ivastaen 1-2, 5120

by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier


Summary

  • A frightened man comes to the Landing, wailing that he needs protection and he'll explain everything if the town can hide him. People make various suggestions and among them is Berkana suggesting the tree trunk, so the group heads over there in an effort to get more information out of the man. Along the way, Aodhain and Itanic notice a fist-shaped brand on the man and he cautions them to beware their words.
  • The man tries to catch his breath through tears and trembling, finally saying "they're coming"--some kind of monsters, and "the Fist." Saraphenia inquires who or what the Fist is; he says he's a general who leads the monsters. She urges him to start from the beginning, so he does: he and "the boys" were hired mercenaries supposed to do another job, but he didn't sign up to be in an army or fight with monsters. (Phenia clarifies that it's indeed with, not against, the monsters.)
  • Mayor Leafiara asks for clarity if they're true monsters or just powerful people, and he says they're messed up monsters somehow sewn together. Leafi and Svardin muse over whether they're flesh golems, zombies, or undead, but the man says not undead, just "wrong."
  • The man pleads again to be hid and protected, so Leafi asks Captain Shinann if there's a militia safe room; she says she does not know enough to give him shelter. Hleef suggests teleporting him to Cysaegir while Svardin suggests a reiver camp, but the man continues on that the Fist isn't in charge, but just leads the fighting. Asben asks who is in charge, but the man doesn't know; the Fist never speaks, though, and orders get passed around from someone else. He only saw the Fist once.
  • Hleef calls it a fairy tale, but Narum says they're coming and they're to collect body parts. He didn't get involved and was only with them a few months.
  • He pleads again to be hid, saying that if the Fist knew then he'd be worse than dead. With the barracks not an option, Svardin brings up the hidden reiver camp near Icemule. Leafi says shelter with the town guard has seen too many escapes, and asking the Rooks is an idea, but they'd want a fee. Svardin brings up the elven village near the Vipershroud or the Northern Caravansary and she says the former is a good one, but also can't guarantee they'd be willing to harbor him. Svardin and Leafi simultaneously suggest the Abandoned Inn, then Leafi mentions the secret room beneath Moonshine Manor.
  • Ghald asks how we know he's not a spy, given various unanswered questions over the course of the conversation; the man says don't trust him, if that's their way, and they'll see when bodies get hacked up. Asben asks what the Fist looks like; Narum only says strong, fast, and the deadliest thing he ever saw.
  • The man mentions the reapers, which travel in packs of hundreds and scavenge, taking bodies apart with their teeth and claws after the monsters have killed. Shinann asks how he knows what they do if he ran after he saw the monsters; the man says they made the mercenaries watch, and that's when he ran.
  • He reiterates his need for a hiding spot, and to lock him up if they don't believe him, but tomorrow, after we see, we'll believe him. Leafi says he just has to pick one of the spots mentioned, but he says everyone knows the town better than him. Archales and Leafi agree that the Rooks seem like the best option, but meanwhile Shinann asks what happens tomorrow--and the man says that tonight they're coming, or so he was told.
  • With only hours to go, Leafi says there might not be time to get the Rooks, so the group heads to the Abandoned Inn in hopes that organ harvesters won't go to a place full of ghosts. Svardin asks where this all happened; Narum says he was coming from the south, but others are coming from different directions. Narum asks if he can rest here and if everyone will come back tomorrow. Hleef asks how far away they are; the man says a couple hours or so. Hleef notes the brand again and Narum says he was told they all had to have one so the monsters wouldn't attack them.
  • Narum slumps at the table, burying his head in his arms, and eventually passes out in sleep. A ghost assures everyone that they'll take good care of him.
  • Later that night, birds are spotted flying away from the Lower Dragonsclaw and the town is on alert. Chattering and rustling leaves are heard, then nothing... scouts patrol, but nothing... then at last the North Gate guard towers spot something in the woods. A giant hulking figure stumbles into view--a patchwork beast of krolvin and troll flesh stitched together! Smaller creatures roam about, made of kobold skin and goblin flesh--and then come half-skinned troglodytes, and behind all of them a slew of mercenaries.
  • Initial battle begins! Troglodytes and kobgoblins are sent out to be easily and quickly dispatched, then a four-armed giant releases rows of collared vesperti! ...which are easily, though not quickly, dispatched. Two-headed orc raiders are next, followed by krolvin-troll abominations in a tougher wave--and then come the four-armed giants! Being capable of reflecting some spells, like storm giants, they rack up the first serious casualties.
  • A few creatures begin to slip through the gates and the mercenaries make their move. As the clash rages on inside and outside town, mangy grey furry creatures scurry across the treetops and eventually close in on an archery tower, where dozens pin an archer to the ground and chew his arm off.
  • Reapers advance on town defenders, carrying off limbs from Zosopage, Asben, Cyar, Maags, Shinann, Yukito... and then they run through town! Some forces split off to clean up the streets while reapers continue advancing on the gates, taking limbs from Draccor, Rudar, Yukito again, Hapenlok... a swarm of reapers run off from inside town with arms and legs of all sizes and leave the battlefield, though not before grabbing one last limb from Leafi.
  • A krolvin-troll tears half the flesh off an archer, then disappears into the woods with it, snacking on some of the skin and carrying handfuls of what's left. Several more waves of attackers come and are repelled, until finally what's left of them retreat.


Highlights

Cryheart says, "We need to guard the brownies."
As the lumbering creature shambles into closer view, it appears to to be an abomination of patchwork krolvin and troll flesh stitched together in a haphazard pattern at best.  Its long, bent troll nose sniffs at the air, while fresh bloodstains are streaked through its white fur mane.  It roars loudly!
Krampton says, "That thing ate at Helga's for sures."
Lazaryth says, "This is possibly the worst thing I could have chosen to do with my night."
Lylia: "A few kobold-hobgoblin hybrids at the gate. They are miserable creatures."
Pietra: "I think they're Gutstorm's cousins."
Suddenly a small hunched mangy grey creature leaps out of a tree and onto the roof of an archery tower!  Its beady eyes dance around and its large mouth of tiny teeth chatter maniacially.  An archer tries to fire an arrow but misses. A split second later, a second reaper appears.  Then a third, then a fourth.  In the flash of a moment there appear dozens and dozens like a column of greyish dirt and they engulf the archer, tearing him to the ground and gnawing away.  The creatures soon scurry off, the archer left screaming in agony with a missing arm chewed right off.
Akenna: "So... Towers--should I just leave mine?  I like my arms."
Evia yells, "Come back and we'll rip off our own arm and beat you to death with it, and sew it back on, so there!"


Log

Narum's Warning

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see the white Kezen disk, the Hleef disk, some wolifrew lichen, the Finwrick disk, the red Monthas disk, a large acorn, an ember-eyed fire wyrdling, the Suvean disk, a heap of heavy stones, a heap of heavy stones, a large acorn, a slender steel needle, a large acorn, a rose-marrow potion, a large acorn, a large acorn, a large acorn, a rose-marrow potion, a rose-marrow potion, a rose-marrow potion, a rose-marrow potion, a rose-marrow potion, a mistwood serving cart with some stuff on it, some stone benches with some stuff on it and an herbal remedy donation bin.

Also here: Norgard, Othri, Kateerina, Dsaine, Lord Vathryn, Lathaen, Itanic, Ryecruss, Tzii who is sitting, Mayor Leafiara, Lord Kezen, Hleef, Nazrym, Tyrosthenes, Finwrick who is sitting, Great Lord Monthas, Master Angellos, Ketiosin, Lord Encrease, Ergwargen, Briarleigh, Cassis who is sitting, Ghald, Lady Suvean, Great Lady Saraphenia, Lord Christianello, a stunned Legu who is lying down, Sercine

Conquerer of Reim Berkana's group just arrived.

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see the white Dihado disk, the red Vathryn disk, the Ryecruss disk, a thick frosted glass mug, the Tzii disk, a white-maned bright red tamarin, the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, the white Kezen disk, the Hleef disk, some wolifrew lichen, the Finwrick disk, the red Monthas disk, a large acorn, an ember-eyed fire wyrdling, the Suvean disk, a heap of heavy stones, a heap of heavy stones, a large acorn, a slender steel needle, a large acorn, a rose-marrow potion, a large acorn, a large acorn, a large acorn, a rose-marrow potion, a rose-marrow potion, a rose-marrow potion, a rose-marrow potion, a rose-marrow potion, a mistwood serving cart with some stuff on it, some stone benches with some stuff on it and an herbal remedy donation bin.

Also here: Dihado, Aodhain, Narum, Conquerer of Reim Berkana, Norgard, Othri, Kateerina, Dsaine, Lord Vathryn, Lathaen, Itanic, Ryecruss, Tzii who is sitting, Mayor Leafiara, Lord Kezen, Hleef, Nazrym, Tyrosthenes, Finwrick who is sitting, Great Lord Monthas, Master Angellos, Ketiosin, Lord Encrease, Ergwargen, Briarleigh, Cassis who is sitting, Ghald, Lady Suvean, Great Lady Saraphenia, Lord Christianello, a stunned Legu who is lying down, Sercine

Narum fearfully exclaims, "Look... I'll explain... but you have to... PROTECT me from them!"

Saraphenia asks, "Who's them?"

Berkana says, "We will do our best."

Speaking to Narum, Aodhain asks, "Can I help keep you safe in some way?"

Berkana says, "And, here's the Mayor."

Speaking dubiously to Narum, Leafiara asks, "Err, from who now?"

Tzii asks, "Is the pretty flower girl after you?"

Berkana says, "She's good at chaos."

Speaking to Leafiara, Saraphenia says, "That's what I asked."

Speaking tearfully to Leafiara, Narum begs, "You have to hide me.... please..."

Leafiara says, "Hmm, a good hiding place then..."

Speaking raspily to Narum, Itanic asks, "Will being invisible help?"

Tzii says, "I'm fat enough, you can hide behind me."

Speaking to Narum, Saraphenia exclaims, "If anyone can help, it'd be Leafi!"

Ketiosin softly says, "Under my bed."

Speaking frightenedly to Leafiara, Narum assures, "I'll tell you everything. I swear it."

'Speaking to Leafiara, Berkana says, "I was suggesting inside the tree trunk."

Speaking to Berkana, Leafiara says, "Not a bad idea..."

Speaking to Narum, Aodhain says, "Have you thought about hiding in the less-desirable parts of town? Easy to go unnoticed, there. The Mews."

Berkana says, "Of course not."

Berkana grins.

Leafiara asks, "Or, hmm, does anyone remember where that mithril trapdoor is under Moonshine Manor?"

Speaking to Narum, Aodhain says, "There's also a secret place under the town, beneath the Well. A quiet room."

Saraphenia says, "I know a good hiding spot."

Speaking suddenly to Aodhain, Leafiara says, "Oh, a different trapdoor... that could work."

Saraphenia says, "A few of them, actually."

Ketiosin softly asks, "Vault at the bank?"

Narum exasperatedly wails, "They're COMING! You're all going to DIE!"

Ketiosin softly says, "Cool."

Speaking soothingly to Narum, Leafiara reassures, "We can find somewhere, just keep calm..."

Itanic raspily exclaims, "Well I hope not!"

Suvean quietly asks, "Why are we all dying?"

Vathryn says, "This is disturbing. I'm much too young to die now."

Tzii exclaims, "Come on action!"

Narum stares at Leafiara, clearly terrified.

Speaking to Narum, Saraphenia says, "Calm yourself, we're going to help you."

Leafiara says, "Let's just... pick a spot, to start. The tree trunk is the easiest to get to, so...."

Speaking worriedly to Narum, Aodhain asks, "Where is that brand from?"

Speaking frightenedly to Saraphenia, Narum says, "You don't understand..."

Narum wails!

Saraphenia hugs Narum.

Itanic raspily asks, "Fist shaped...?"

Speaking lightly to Narum, Leafiara says, "We're helping, just--stick with us and be ready to tell us everything..."

Narum stares at Itanic.

Speaking to Narum, Saraphenia says, "Join us, we'll help you."

Speaking encouragingly to Narum, Leafiara says, "Join up, join up. And keep calm."

Speaking fearfully to Itanic, Narum whispers aloud, "Ware your words..."

>lo narum

You see Narum the Culler.

He appears to be a Human.

He is shorter than average and has narrow shoulders. He appears to be very young. He has watery viridian eyes and alabaster white skin. He has extremely short, curly bright auburn hair cut close to the scalp. He has a heavily freckled face, a wide nose and deep-sunken eye sockets. He has a fresh brand on his forearm in the rough shape of a fist.

He is in good shape.

He is wearing some mottled rat hide leathers, a reinforced crimson belt pouch, an ebony leather sheath, some tattered leggings, and some scuffed rat hide boots.

Narum joins Leafiara's group.

Narum shudders.

Svardin says, "Moof."

Leafiara recites:

"We'll move toward the tree trunk... join and be ready to move!"

Svardin glances at an oak tree.

High Lord Svardin just strode an oak tree.

Leafiara says, "Not that one."

Speaking fearfully to Leafiara, Narum whispers aloud, "Please... please... hide me. Keep me safe from them... I'll tell you everything I know..."

Leafiara nods slowly at Narum.

High Lord Svardin just stumbled in, flailing his arms wildly while trying to right himself!

Svardin falls over.

Svardin says, "Bah."

Leafiara recites:

"Moving in 3..."

Leafiara recites:

"2..."

Leafiara recites:

"1..."

Narum gulps.

[travel]

Saraphenia says, "We definitely don't want to be out in the open."

Tzii exclaims, "Let kill these.... whatevers !"

[Lower Dragonsclaw, Hollow Tree]

This is a dark crook of the rotted log, just high enough for you to stand upright. You hear ominous grunts and whines, but you cannot venture any farther down the narrow, hollow branches.

Obvious exits: south

A sylvankind physician puppet says, "So long as a ranger isn't leading us."

Leafiara slowly says, "Okay..."

Narum stares around, breaths shallow and raspy.

Speaking to Narum, Leafiara assures, "This is a--well, a relatively safe spot, at least..."

Leafiara says, "I bet some here can think of better, longer-term ones."

Tzii says, "Either that, or we'll be cornered."

Speaking to Narum, Saraphenia says, "Breathe in through your nose, out through your mouth. Four counts in, four counts out."

Speaking amiably to Tzii, Leafiara says, "No, not a concern... this isn't an antimagic area, so we can withdraw quickly if we have to."

Narum fearfully stammers, "I... Can you... is it..."

Narum gulps heavily.

Leafiara urges, "Calm, calm..."

Speaking slowly to Narum, Saraphenia says, "Calm yourself."

Speaking to Narum, Hleef asks, "Did a forest troll wander out here and scare ya?"

Narum trembles violently, tears trickling down his cheeks as he gapes wordlessly.

Speaking slowly to Narum, Saraphenia says, "Breathe..."

Narum fearfully whispers aloud, "They're coming."

Leafiara slowly says, "Do we have any monks here to cast a Soothing Word..."

Narum gulps.

Speaking to Narum, Saraphenia asks, "Who are they?"

Aodhain asks, "Who?"

Leafiara patiently asks, "And who would that be?"

Hleef says, "Hopefully they are bringing food."

Narum closes his eyes and sways on his feet, breathing rapidly.

(Saraphenia grabs ahold of Narum so he doesn't faint.)

Itanic raspily asks, "Can you describe this... whatever, that is coming?"

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Narum rasps, "The monsters."

Leafiara tilts her head at Narum.

High Lord Svardin just arrived.

Hleef says, "What kind of monster pal."

Narum gazes heavenward.

Angellos says, "No worries, the guard has arrived."

Speaking to Narum, Leafiara muses, "Hmm, sounds like when we get you settled in a more permanent place, we'll need the militia..."

Narum quietly whispers aloud, "Gods above..."

Leafiara hurriedly says, "Oh, but do continue, please."

Narum closes his eyes for a moment.

Narum tremulously whispers aloud, "The Fist."

Leafiara emphasizes, "Most who are here with you have a lot of experience with monsters--"

Hleef asks, "Illokes?"

Svardin clenches his fist.

Svardin giggles.

Leafiara curiously asks, "The fist?"

Narum self-consciously rubs the brand on his arm.

Hleef says, "Easy enough."

Saraphenia says, "He has a brand on his arm."

Saraphenia says, "Of a fist."

Narum hesitantly whispers aloud, "The Fist... he... that is..."

Speaking to Narum, Saraphenia asks, "Who or what is the Fist?"

Narum clears his throat.

Narum stares at Saraphenia.

Leafiara guesses, "Some kinda faction--oh, just one individual?"

Svardin asks, "Whoever branded ya?"

Aodhain offers Narum some ambrominas leaf.

Aodhain says, "Looks fresh -- this might help it feel better."

Speaking fearfully to Saraphenia, Narum whispers aloud, "A madman. A general."

Narum accepts Aodhain's ambrominas leaf.

Narum stares at Aodhain.

Hleef says, "General Fisticuffs."

Narum shudders.

Leafiara: "Are any militia members present out there?"

Svardin says, "Well, I's a lunatic so dat rules me out."

Speaking comfortingly to Narum, Aodhain says, "It's okay, it's safe."

Speaking to Narum, Saraphenia exclaims, "Well, the Battling Bardess won't let him near you!"

Narum takes a ragged breath, visibly trying to calm himself.

Svardin asks, "General?"

Svardin asks, "Drangell?"

Speaking to Narum, Hleef asks, "Is he undead?"

Leafiara says, "We have some of the proud Drakes Vanguard here, who won't let any harm come to you, among others."

Narum fearfully says, "The monsters... that's what did it... the monsters... that's when I knew..."

Shinann: "Yes."

Hleef says, "If it's undead, I'm going back to Teras."

Svardin says, "Monsters."

Leafiara: "Excellent. We have a terrified man with us seeking protection... can you come to our location?"

Svardin asks, "Fire monsters?"

Narum quickly pleads, "The boys'n I, we're used ta fights, but.... those....."

Shinann: "Yes."

Leafiara: "Thank you."

Narum fearfully concludes, "Monsters."

Saraphenia asks, "Did General Fist create the monsters?"

Narum shudders.

Narum looks over at Saraphenia and shakes his head.

Speaking reassuringly to Narum, Aodhain says, "Howabout a drink to calm the nerves, eh? Take a gulp of this, it'll take the edge off."

Speaking fearfully to Saraphenia, Narum says, "He jus' leads 'em."

Speaking tentatively to Narum, Leafiara asks, "Where have you come here from?"

Aodhain offers Narum an alabaster drinking horn fashioned from a tomb spider fang.

Speaking to Narum, Saraphenia says, "Okay, if you would, just start from the beginning."

Itanic raspily asks, "Who does this general owe their allegiance to?"

Narum blinks at Aodhain.

Ghald asks, "How do we know you are not some monster?"

Narum gawks at Ghald.

Tzii exclaims, "It's a twap !"

Svardin says, "He seems ta be from da Empire."

Speaking softly to Narum, Saraphenia says, "It's best to know a story from the start. Easier to know the middle if we know the beginning."

Speaking to Narum, Leafiara repeats, "So, a general called the Fist, who commands... monsters?"

Narum glances down at himself, then stares at Ghald incredulously.

Shinann's group just arrived.

Jasteron says, "Hmmm, someone else has to be thinking it...maybe if we just return their property..."

Jasteron says, "Just kidding."

Narum closes his eyes for a moment.

Saraphenia exclaims, "That's not even funny!"

Speaking to Narum, Leafiara says, "Ahh, and here's one of our militia captains, Shinann, and additional town defenders."

Narum hesitantly says, "From... the... beginning...."

Narum closes his eyes for a moment.

Speaking to Shinann, Leafiara explains, "He's telling us about a general called "The Fist" who he says is on the way, and thinks we're going to die..."

Narum haltingly begins, "Me'n the boys were... eh... hired. Happens all the time..."

Speaking softly to Narum, Saraphenia says, "It would help us to understand better."

Narum clears his throat.

Svardin says, "Ah."

Itanic raspily asks, "Yer a mercenary?"

Svardin asks, "Ya was one of dem Rooks?"

Speaking soothingly to Narum, Leafiara says, "Just stay calm and explain..."

Speaking fearfully to Itanic, Narum admits, "Sometimes."

Hleef says, "The plot thickens."

Speaking to Narum, Hleef says, "Pretty skittish for a hired man."

Speaking to Asben, Archales says, "Not too much this guy was scared and gibbering about some monster that is coming, some sort of general, and he mentioned something about the fist."

Itanic raspily says, "Sounds like the pay wasn't enough."

Saraphenia says, "Hey, for the right price, *I* would be a mercenary."

Narum fearfully continues, "But this time... were different."

Leafiara wonders, "Are you talking about confronting actual *monster* monsters, or just--very powerful people?"

Narum pleadingly exclaims, "We was just supposed to do another job! We di'n't sign up to be in no army!"

Narum gulps.

Speaking to Narum, Saraphenia asks, "Army?"

Speaking to Narum, Hleef says, "Sounds pretty awesome."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Narum assures, "Monsters... wors'n I ever seen before."

Hleef says, "General Fisticuffs seems firm, but fair."

Leafiara nods slowly at Narum.

Aodhain says, "I hope the leaf helps your wound. Looks like you're in good hands, here. Stay safe."

Itanic raspily asks, "How organized is this army? How large is it?"

Svardin asks, "Do it matter?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Narum says, "They's.... messed up. Like they been... sewn together somehow."

Speaking to Narum, Saraphenia asks, "Were you fighting against the monsters...or with them?"

Speaking raspily to Narum, Sonnillon says, "Point the way."

Narum shudders.

Svardin says, "Ah."

Itanic raspily says, "Abominations."

Leafiara muses, "Flesh golems then?"

Svardin says, "Zombies."

Leafiara says, "Hm."

Speaking to Saraphenia, Narum says, "We was s'posed to fight with 'em... The Fist said so... but... I ran."

Narum's cheeks flush with a soft shade of apricot.

Svardin says, "Roltons wit bad sewin skills."

Shinann asks, "Where were these seen and who is the Fist?"

Hleef says, "So these monsters sat still like children and got sewn together by someone."

Speaking fearfully to Saraphenia, Narum explains, "I couldn't even be near em!"

Speaking to Narum, Saraphenia says, "A smart idea, my friend."

Speaking raspily to Leafiara, Sonnillon says, "Mayor candidate offsprings."

Svardin says, "So undead."

Narum swallows hard.

Narum looks over at Svardin and shakes his head.

Speaking to Svardin, Leafiara says, "Just what I was wondering."

Speaking to Narum, Saraphenia asks, "But now why was General Fist raising an army of monsters?"

Speaking to Svardin, Narum adds, "Least... not so's I saw. These was... wrong... but alive."

Speaking to Narum, Saraphenia asks, "And what was their target?"

Leafiara muses, "Well, flesh golems aren't strictly undead either, so..."

Svardin says, "Golems."

Narum glances at Saraphenia.

Speaking to Narum, Hleef asks, "Who recruited you and your friends to this army?"

Tzii says, "I understand, my ex was like that."

Speaking to Hleef, Saraphenia says, "Apparently General Fist recruited them."

Speaking haltingly to Saraphenia, Narum says, "We was... um... The Fist was..."

Svardin says, "Lich isn't zactly undead either."

Narum shivers.

Speaking to Narum, Hleef asks, "Why would this General recruit a crying man?"

Svardin says, "Barnom was sewn tagether."

Narum quietly begs, "You gotta promise you'll hide me. Protect me."

Speaking to Narum, Saraphenia asks, "Does this General have an actual name?"

Speaking curiously to Narum, Leafiara says, "And you think they're coming here? Are they after this town, after you, or just--"

Svardin says, "Perfect spot fer ya ta hide."

Speaking to Shinann, Leafiara asks, "Is there a militia safe room for him, perhaps?"

Speaking to Narum, Hleef says, "Can teleport you to Cysaegir, no one will find you there."

Svardin says, "Reiver camp."

Svardin says, "No one even knows is der."

Shinann says, "I do not know enough of what is happening to give him shelter."

Speaking to Shinann, Leafiara acknowledges, "Fair enough."

Svardin says, "Lemme see."

Narum fearfully mutters, "The Fist ain't the one in charge... he jus' leads the fightin'."

High Lord Svardin just went south.

Sonnillon points at his dark hooded greatcloak.

Speaking raspily to Narum, Sonnillon says, "Get in here."

Speaking to Narum, Leafiara says, "Hleef has a good point. If they're not coming specifically for you, then the best thing for you would just to be escape far from here."

Speaking to Narum, Asben asks, "Who's in charge?"

Saraphenia loudly asks, "Folks, we need to have just one of us speak for the group to this man, it's getting confusing here, and we're all bombarding him with questions. Perhaps the Mayor should ask the questions?"

Speaking to Narum, Hleef says, "You aren't even equipped like a sellsword."

High Lord Svardin just arrived.

Speaking to Asben, Narum wails, "I dunno! But the Fist... he... he never speaks! The orders come from some'un else, and are passed around!"

Speaking to Saraphenia, Leafiara says, "No, it's quite alright... every voice helps."

Svardin says, "Da one where we hid Ponthas."

Speaking raspily to Narum, Sonnillon asks, "A fist?"

Speaking to Narum, Hleef says, "Who is the someone else."

Speaking to Narum, Asben asks, "What does the fist look like?"

Svardin asks, "Is da Fist a large fella?"

Hleef asks, "Knuckles?"

Speaking fearfully to Sonnillon, Narum says, "That's what they call 'im."

Svardin asks, "Sorta looks like a troll?"

Narum stares at Asben.

Shinann asks, "Who are they?"

Speaking to Asben, Narum whispers aloud, "I only saw 'im the once."

Hleef says, "So Fist and his unknown number two are coming..."

Sonnillon raspily exclaims, "Its fist for dinner then!"

Hleef says, "This is a fairy tale."

Svardin says, "We'll set a table fer em."

Narum stares at Hleef.

Hleef nods at Narum.

Svardin says, "On our roof."

Speaking to Narum, Asben asks, "What do you rememeber?"

Saraphenia thoughtfully says, "So the General is the Fist. He never speaks, and gets his order from a higher up. The name the Fist does sound like an enforcer."

Tzii asks, "How did you get branded?"

Speaking fearfully to Hleef, Narum assures, "Oh, they're comin'... an'... they said we... er... they... was s'posed to collect body parts!"

Leafiara tentatively says, "So, to get this straight, we have a mute general who has an army of flesh golems and they're coming? And someone's over the general..."

Narum's cheeks flush with a soft shade of apricot.

Speaking raspily to Narum, Itanic asks, "You mentioned a god, or gods? Does this Fist follow one?"

Speaking to Narum, Hleef says, "I'm not skerred."

Leafiara wryly says, "Oh, that sounds familiar."

Ghald asks, "Where is this Fist?"

Speaking raspily to Narum, Sonnillon asks, "They paying for them?"

Saraphenia thoughtfully says, "So, The brand is the brand of Fist's army...an army of monsters and men. They are to collect body parts to create more monsters..."

Speaking to Narum, Hleef asks, "You said someone hired you for a job, who was that?"

Speaking raspily to Leafiara, Sonnillon exclaims, "Told you so!"

Speaking to Leafiara, Archales says, "Perhaps you should have someone keep a look out for grave robbers if they need body parts."

Svardin says, "Not da first ta bring a horde an won't be last. Dey will end up like da rest though."

Speaking to Sonnillon, Leafiara acknowledges, "I'm sure we all had suspicions."

Itanic raspily asks, "Guard the graveyards?"

Speaking fearfully to Hleef, Narum admits, "I didn't get involved. I only been with 'em a few months."

Speaking to Archales, Saraphenia says, "It sounds like they want fresh parts."

Speaking raspily to Leafiara, Sonnillon says, "But I said it."

Hleef says, "If this is some Shanty Town nonsense...."

Speaking thoughtfully to Archales, Leafiara says, "Hm, good thought."

Saraphenia says, "It's not the graveyards that are in danger. It's us...the living."

Narum tremulously pleads, "You... you kin hide me... right?"

Svardin says, "Ya know."

Svardin says, "Der was a creature we never captured."

Tzii says, "Let's hide him at Helga's."

Speaking to Narum, Hleef says, "First you should accept our protective spells." [OOC: heh, we tried but couldn't cast at him due to GM shielding]

Narum quietly whispers aloud, "If the Fist knew... I'd be... worse'n dead."

Svardin says, "Came by here and out ta Teras."

Leafiara asks, "Well, the barracks might be a bit full... does anyone else have a good place to offer sanctuary?"

Speaking to Narum, Hleef says, "Then stop crying."

Speaking to Leafiara, Shinann says, "I will not hide him in the barracks."

Svardin says, "Killed lotta folks."

Shinann says, "I do not know what any of this is."

Svardin says, "If he wants ta go up north."

Shinann says, "Or who he is."

Saraphenia says, "You know, Saraphenia is right, the living are most likely the ones in danger...I think she's right. Yeah, so do I..."

Svardin says, "Is a hidden camp no one knows bout."

Jasteron says, "Not sure a barracks is a good place to hide a deserter."

Narum stares around, his tear-filled eyes wide.

Sonnillon raspily says, "Send em to the mayors office."

Svardin says, "Da residents owe us a great deal."

Speaking to Svardin, Leafiara asks, "Can the Drakes offer shelter then?"

Sonnillon raspily says, "Food drink comfort."

Svardin says, "Not da drakes. Our roof is rather dangerous."

Leafiara says, "Hm."

Hleef asks, "Can't be an undead army if they recruited a living man, right?"

Leafiara wryly says, "I really can't suggest shelter with the town guard. We've had too many escapes."

Hleef says, "Illokes deal with the fist."

Narum quietly pleads, "Please... just a place to hide... for when they come."

Narum sniffs.

Speaking to Narum, Shinann asks, "Where did you actually come from?"

Leafiara says, "I suppose I could ask the Rooks, but they'd probably want a fee for that..."

Saraphenia says, "I believe there's a term for that kind of creature...a very obscure term I've heard a sorcerer or two use long ago. Homunculus."

Ghald says, "If he stays in the Landing assign an undercover militia."

Svardin says, "Mebbe da northern caravansry."

Saraphenia says, "It's a type of golem."

Leafiara suddenly says, "Oh, Svardin has a great idea." [whispered to her]

Speaking to Shinann, Hleef says, "He has left all that details out."

Ghald says, "How do we know he's not a spy..."

Leafiara says, "Not so much the caravansary, but the elven village."

Shinann asks, "If he is not forthcoming, why should we protect him?"

Svardin says, "Is foods and few travelers."

Speaking to Narum, Leafiara stresses, "They're not specifically after you, right?"

Speaking to Narum, Hleef says, "Something tells me you are being followed."

Svardin says, "Or."

Itanic raspily asks, "A harbinger?"

Speaking fearfully to Ghald, Narum protests, "You don't. So don't trust me, if that's yer way. Ye'll see when the bodies start bein' hacked up."

Svardin says, "Da abandoned inn."

Leafiara suggests, "Maybe the Abandoned Inn--"

Leafiara nods at Svardin.

Speaking to Narum, Hleef says, "We can defend ourselves."

Speaking raspily to Narum, Sonnillon says, "We do the body stacking."

Narum stares at Hleef.

Speaking to Narum, Asben asks, "Do you remember anything about what the fist looks like?"

Itanic raspily asks, "Four fingers and a thumb?"

Jasteron asks, "And where are they coming from? East, west, the north, the south?"

Speaking to Narum, Hleef asks, "What kind of weapon do you wield, sellsword?"

Speaking quietly to Asben, Narum says, "Strong. Fast. Deadliest thing I ever saw."

Speaking pragmatically to Narum, Leafiara says, "I still think the hidden elven village might be the safest."

Speaking to Narum, Asben asks, "Anythink that would identify him?"

Leafiara adds, "But I also can't make any claim that they'd be willing to harbor you."

Speaking haltingly to Hleef, Narum admits, "Sometimes they let me use a crossbow, but I'm not s'posed to cock it."

Svardin says, "I hit stuff wit a bow."

Svardin says, "Crossbow is harder."

Speaking to Narum, Hleef says, "Worst archer ever."

Narum gulps.

Hleef asks, "You sure you didn't get kicked out of this army?"

Leafiara inquires, "Well, like I asked earlier, does anyone remember where that secret room is in Moonshine Manor?"

Speaking to Narum, Svardin asks, "Ya wanna be safe from da monsters or da ones who hired ya?"

Narum tearfully wails, "I ran! Seeing those... those..."

Narum blinks.

Speaking to Svardin, Leafiara notes, "Great question."

Narum gasps.

Narum quietly whispers aloud, "And the reapers..."

Hleef says, "What's to be scared of if they are in your army."

Narum shivers.

Narum closes his eyes for a moment.

Speaking raspily to Narum, Sonnillon says, "I have room in my locker for you..."

Hleef says, "Sounds like you messed up an amazing opportunity."

Leafiara mumbles, "If ever there was a time we needed one of the Gryphons here. I bet they'd harbor you."

Narum fearfully whispers aloud, "There's these... reapers... they're not like all the rest of 'em."

Hleef says, "Old man Thrak would keep him company."

Speaking raspily to Narum, Sonnillon exclaims, "Goon!"

Svardin says, "So a holy place would keep dem away."

Narum tremulously says, "They travel in packs... hundreds an' hundreds of em at a time."

Svardin says, "Kai's shrine."

Hleef asks, "Reapers?"

Leafiara asks, "Hundreds of these 'reapers'?"

Jasteron asks, "And where are they traveling from?"

Hleef asks, "Do they fly?"

Jasteron asks, "Where was your encampment?"

Sonnillon raspily asks, "Do they reap what they sow?"

Narum tremulously says, "An' they don't fight... they scavenge. Fast as a greased piglet, they are. An' teeth and claws... an' all they do is take bodies apart."

Narum closes his eyes for a moment.

Svardin asks, "Scarabs?"

Itanic raspily says, "Ah, empaths."

Speaking to Narum, Hleef asks, "How do you know how fast a greased piglet is?"

Narum fearfully says, "If ye see a reaper, there's a hundred more ye don't see, an' it's already too late."

Leafiara mutters, "Well, this is going places."

Svardin asks, "Can dey swim?"

Speaking indignantly to Hleef, Narum exclaims, "We had 'em on the farm!"

Narum's cheeks flush with a soft shade of apricot.

Saraphenia asks, "Reaper? As in death?"

Leafiara muses, "Wait, reapers, I feel like I've heard that term..."

Speaking to Narum, Hleef asks, "Where was your farm?"

Leafiara distantly says, "Maybe on Caligos Isle last year... hm."

Shinann asks, "Butchers?"

Itanic raspily says, "A havester of organs."

Narum stares at Itanic.

Speaking raspily to Leafiara, Sonnillon exclaims, "Sounds like body parts are the loot !"

Svardin says, "A lich."

Speaking quietly to Itanic, Narum adds, "An' everythin' else."

Narum gulps.

Itanic raspily asks, "So long as it lives?"

Narum blinks at Itanic.

Speaking to Sonnillon, Leafiara says, "And there was indeed someone on Caligos harvesting body parts... I think they even called her a reaper, too."

Speaking to Narum, Svardin says, "Mebbe ya should sail to teras an put da sea betwixt you an dem."

Speaking tremulously to Itanic, Narum explains, "Oh no... see... the monsters kill ye... the reapers take ye apart and carry the parts away."

Speaking raspily to Narum, Sonnillon says, "I'm dead on the inside so they should leave me alone."

Speaking to Sonnillon, Leafiara says, "She got Clunk, Taloin, and probably others I didn't hear about."

Svardin says, "Ah."

Speaking raspily to Narum, Itanic says, "Oh surely, but they are no grave robbers."

Svardin says, "Like da Grimswarm."

Shinann asks, "And you ran when you saw the monsters?"

Svardin says, "Dey is sloppy eaters."

Leafiara says, "So the reapers are few and the monsters are many." [wrong; misheard him somehow]

Narum gulps.

Narum nods slowly at Shinann.

Shinann asks, "Then how do you know what the reapers do?"

Saraphenia says, "I'm lost now. I tried to get to the bottom of this, but everyone's talking over everyone and I can't hear myself think."

Shinann says, "If they come after."

Speaking tremulously to Shinann, Narum explains, "They made us watch."

Shinann says, "I see."

Hleef says, "It's still unclear who this person that recruited you is."

Speaking fearfully to Shinann, Narum admits, "That's when I ran."

Speaking coyly to Saraphenia, Leafiara says, "Just be glad he didn't come three hours later tonight or you'd really be in trouble."

Shinann looks thoughtfully at Narum.

Narum tremulously begs, "Please. Don't believe me if you don't want to... but HIDE me. Tomorrow... after..."

Narum gulps.

Narum tremulously continues, "After ye see... then ye'll believe me."

Speaking to Narum, Saraphenia says, "I belive you."

Jasteron says, "After when, after what? now we are getting some good info."

Speaking to Narum, Saraphenia says, "You've given me no reason to doubt you."

Shinann asks, "What happens tomorrow?"

Sonnillon raspily exclaims, "I want to believe!"

Speaking calmly to Narum, Leafiara says, "We offered several good hiding spots. You just have to select one."

Narum fearfully protests, "Lock me up if you want! Just make sure it's the best lock you got!"

Itanic raspily says, "Well, there's no reason not to be extra cautious with this information, I suppose."

Svardin says, "Da jail isn't zactly dat secure."

Ghald says, "He wants to be hidden..."

Speaking wryly to Svardin, Leafiara says, "Yeah, that's what I was sayin' earlier."

Speaking to Narum, Shinann says, "What happens tomorrow? If it endangers the town I need to know."

Archales says, "Seems like the Rooks would be the best at hiding him, even if they do want something in return."

Jasteron says, "First place someone would look for a deserter too, would be the cells."

Svardin says, "Da hidden tunnels."

Speaking fearfully to Leafiara, Narum says, "I don't know this town... you all do. Please... I told you what I know. You pick, but make it safe, I beg."

Speaking to Narum, Hleef says, "We have defenses to prep if something is coming here."

Speaking to Archales, Leafiara says, "I tend to agree, though that assumes they'd be willing to..."

Ghald says, "What if we hide him and he's some kind of beacon."

Archales says, "Everything has a price."

Speaking fearfully to Shinann, Narum whispers aloud, "Tonight... they're coming soon..."

Speaking to Archales, Leafiara says, "Spoken like a true merchant."

Speaking dubiously to Narum, Leafiara asks, "Wait, tonight?"

Saraphenia says, "I would say a room at Frith's. Nobody goes there...or even the Abandoned Inn."

Narum gulps.

Speaking to Narum, Hleef asks, "Why are you whispering?"

Svardin asks, "One question. Where did this happen? Do you recall from what direction?"

Shinann raises an eyebrow.

Shinann asks, "How do you know this?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Narum says, "That's what we was told. That it was all starting tonight." >_error bold in affect at prompt

Svardin says, "Might be a good clue."

Leafiara says, "Okay, if this is happening tonight then there might not be time to arrange a discussion with the Rooks. The Abandoned Inn seems wiser."

Speaking to Leafiara, Saraphenia exclaims, "Perhaps we should get back to town!"

Narum gulps.

Narum nods meekly.

Leafiara says, "Organ harvesters wouldn't come to an inn full of ghosts, after all..."

Narum gulps.

Speaking hurriedly to Narum, Leafiara says, "Oh, uh, they're friendly ghosts, I should say."

Speaking raspily to Leafiara, Sonnillon says, "Should yo bring a cart for his refreshment."

Narum fearfully says, "Ghosts is better than... those monsters."

Speaking amiably to Sonnillon, Leafiara says, "No need, they serve their own food there."

Speaking to Narum, Hleef says, "Don't wander into the basement of the inn."

Svardin says, "I don't tink I can get dem ta stop practicin for da barn dance."

Speaking to Leafiara, Saraphenia asks, "Shouldn't we go there, then, like, now?"

Leafiara says, "And it's also off the beaten path."

Leafiara says, "Yes... join up, all, and we'll head over there."

Speaking tearfully to Hleef, Narum admits, "I just want a quiet hole to hide in."

Svardin says, "Hmm."

Leafiara recites:

"All joined?"

Speaking raspily to Narum, Sonnillon says, "I offered my greatcloak."

[travel]

Speaking to Narum, Hleef asks, "You buying the booze?"

Narum stares around, his eyes wide with fear.

[Grey Ghost Table]

The walls surrounding this cozy booth have been hung with a sheer grey material. Out of one floats the faintest image of a ghost, shimmering in and out as the light material ripples. A table made of sanded aspen sits in the center, carved lightly with vaguely humanoid shapes.

Leafiara says, "Ah, here we are..."

Speaking to Narum, Svardin says, "Ya din't say where dis happened."

Leafiara says, "Worst comes to worst, you can even hide directly under the table..."

Sonnillon raspily says, "Never been in this part."

Speaking to Svardin, Saraphenia says, "I think it's going to happen to Landing."

Speaking to Narum, Hleef asks, "Want spells?"

Sonnillon raspily says, "Nicer than some of the other parts."

Svardin asks, "Not what will, what did?"

Leafiara pragmatically says, "But, like I said, if these monsters are coming to the Landing then they'll probably avoid this place. It's not part of the town, after all."

Speaking hesitantly to Svardin, Narum allows, "We was comin' from the south, but there was... they was comin from different directions, last I heard."

Svardin says, "So from da empire."

Narum gulps.

Sonnillon offers Narum a small statue.

Leafiara absently says, "It's always from the Empire."

Hleef asks, "The empire has a General Fist or whatever?"

Svardin says, "No."

Narum accepts Sonnillon's small statue.

Speaking raspily to Narum, Sonnillon says, "Just in case."

Shinann asks, "They all walk? None fly?"

Speaking haltingly to Sonnillon, Narum says, "Thank... thank you."

Narum gulps.

Leafiara says, "Another 'rogue faction', no doubt--here they come."

Narum says, "I can... I can rest here? And..."

Narum gulps.

Narum hurriedly continues, "You'll come back tomorrow?"

Speaking to Narum, Leafiara says, "You should be safe here--"

A pained expression crosses Narum's face.

Speaking to Leafiara, Ghald asks, "Should he be searched?" Speaking to Narum, Hleef says, "If something comes and gets you, it means we are all dead."

Narum stares at Hleef.

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Saraphenia says, "I don't think this is just a rogue faction, love, I think there's way more to this than we know at the moment."

Itanic raspily says, "We're not far from town as-is."

Hleef says, "Best to be realistic in these situations."

Speaking to Saraphenia, Leafiara says, "Well, probably. That's just the basics of it."

Speaking raspily to Hleef, Sonnillon says, "Agreed."

Speaking to Itanic, Leafiara says, "Not geographically, but it's better than being in town.."

Narum shudders.

Jasteron says, "Well, worst case, at least parts of us will come for you tomorrow."

Narum closes his eyes for a moment.

Speaking to Itanic, Leafiara says, "And, anyway, they won't come looking for body parts here."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Saraphenia says, "I'm not liking the feeling I'm feeling."

Narum sways slightly on his feet.

Itanic raspily says, "Town is a target for certain, this abode is not but a dot on the map."

(Saraphenia guides Narum to a chair.)

Narum quietly mutters, "I... need to sit down... I think..."

Narum pulls out a chair and seats himself at the table.

Narum gulps.

Svardin says, "I do recall once though."

Svardin says, "Some came in here."

Speaking raspily to Narum, Sonnillon says, "Take it easy for a few."

Hleef says, "Wonder how far away these things are."

Speaking raspily to Narum, Sonnillon says, "Youve seen and been through a lot."

Speaking wearily to Hleef, Narum admits, "I was... I think I was... a couple hours ahead of 'em?"

Narum's cheeks flush with a soft shade of apricot.

Speaking raspily to Hleef, Sonnillon asks, "Time to man the ballista?"

Itanic raspily asks, "How will we know they are coming? Do they announce themselves, or attack from the shadows?"

Narum stares at Itanic.

Archales says, "Sounds like we need to hurry."

Svardin crawls underneath the table and hides.

You hear someone giggling.

Speaking fearfully to Itanic, Narum says, "Ye can't miss em."

Svardin comes out of hiding.

Archales says, "No reason to draw attention here."

Speaking to Narum, Hleef asks, "Know if they send scouts first?"

Narum's cheeks flush with a soft shade of apricot.

Narum shrugs at Hleef.

Saraphenia says, "I thought the ballista didn't work."

Speaking to Narum, Hleef asks, "Are you the scout?"

Speaking to Hleef, Narum mumbles, "I'm still new."

Ghald says, "Two hours? Send scouts."

Jasteron says, "Or a really good scout."

Hleef asks, "Still new, as in still in that army?"

Svardin asks, "They made you?"

Speaking amiably to Narum, Leafiara says, "Just follow the example of Svardin there if by any chance they do come. Or you can find the trapdoor to the cellar just over to the east."

Narum clears his throat.

Itanic raspily says, "I'll try to stand upwind from the smell, I imagine stitched up abominations have a wonderful fragrance."

Sonnillon raspily exclaims, "Check him for seams!"

Narum nods hesitantly to Leafiara.

Leafiara gives Narum a strong, encouraging smile.

Speaking to Narum, Svardin asks, "Were you one of them?"

Narum blinks at Svardin.

Archales whispers something to Leafiara.

Speaking indignantly to Svardin, Narum exclaims, "My mommy an' da made me!"

Svardin asks, "Yer known as a culler?"

Narum's cheeks flush with a soft shade of apricot.

Speaking to Narum, Hleef says, "Can't deny the mark on your arm."

Ghald says, "I suggested we search him."

Svardin asks, "Of sheep?"

Leafiara whispers something to Archales.

Shinann says, "So, these reapers make the armies? I guess I missed that, if so."

Narum stares down at the brand on his arm, idly picking at the oozing edge of it.

Hleef says, "Who did that."

Maelkyth: "Any clergy about the landing for a dead adventurer?"

Narum mutters, "They said we all had ta have one."

Speaking raspily to Narum, Sonnillon asks, "Need a healer?"

Hleef asks, "Who?"

Speaking raspily to Narum, Sonnillon says, "That does not look good."

Shinann says, "You keep saying they... but you do not tell us who they are."

Narum says, "The head of the gang. He said they tol' him we all hadda have one... so the...."

Narum coughs.

Hleef asks, "Is the head of the gang a human?"

Narum fearfully adds, "Monsters... wouldn't attack us."

Saraphenia loudly says, "Now wait a minute, folks! This man came here to warn us...and to hide! I don't think he'd be wanting our help if he were here to hurt us."

Itanic raspily says, "The monsters don't attack the branded... interesting."

Angellos asks, "Are they a specific type of monster?"

Leafiara muses, "Okay, so the Fist wants a fist brand so that--"

Leafiara nods at Itanic.

Svardin says, "Well, I'm always a bit skeptical."

Narum starts violently away from Saraphenia, shuddering fearfully.

Svardin says, "We has been tricked more dan once."

Speaking raspily to Narum, Sonnillon says, "Press it on my arm see if I can get a little on me."

Saraphenia raises an eyebrow in Narum's direction.

Speaking to Narum, Saraphenia asks, "What's wrong?"

Speaking to Angellos, Narum says, "They... there's lots of em... all different types... an' all... wrong."

Speaking to Narum, Hleef asks, "Was it a normal brand, or was it magical?"

Svardin asks, "Ya mind showin me yer brand?"

Speaking to Narum, Saraphenia asks, "Why did you react so when I said you sought out our help?"

Svardin says, "I'll show ya somethin as well."

Itanic raspily says, "I wonder if we could use this branded aspect as a defensive strategy."

Svardin shows Narum his gold armband.

Speaking tremulously to Saraphenia, Narum whines, "You were jus... kinda... loud."

Narum's cheeks flush with a soft shade of apricot.

Narum closes his eyes for a moment.

Speaking raspily to Itanic, Sonnillon says, "That was my thought."

Speaking to Narum, Saraphenia says, "I had to be for everyone here to hear me."

Angellos asks, "So they were created different then normal, what is the difference than normal?"

Narum crosses his arms on the table and lowers his head onto them. After a moment his shoulders start to shake.

Ghald says, "He's shaking."

Saraphenia says, "He's crying."

Speaking raspily to Narum, Sonnillon says, "Its ok she wont hit you."

Jasteron asks, "Ok, am still confused, do you think they are coming tonight, or tomorrow Narum?"

Hleef says, "I would be too in rat hide leathers."

Leafiara says, "Even hours later..."

Speaking raspily to Saraphenia, Sonnillon asks, "Right?"

Speaking carefully to Jasteron, Leafiara says, "I think they're coming tonight, and he wants us to come back tomorrow if he survives."

Narum begins to hiccup wetly, his face still buried in his arms.

Leafiara says, "And if we do, for that matter."

Speaking to Sonnillon, Saraphenia says, "I didn't make him cry."

Speaking to Narum, Hleef asks, "Are you infected?"

Jasteron says, "I thought so too, but not quite consistent with what he stated earlier."

Speaking raspily to Saraphenia, Sonnillon says, "He said you yelled at him."

Angellos says, "Painful memories."

Speaking to Sonnillon, Saraphenia says, "He said I was loud. He didn't say I yelled at him."

Speaking to Narum, Svardin asks, "Do you recall how old you are?"

Leafiara encouragingly says, "Maybe we should order him some good food. He *has* been running for hours."

Narum grows slowly quieter, and after a moment a light snore issues from between his crossed arms.

Speaking raspily to Narum, Itanic asks, "You a drinkin man? Would some help calm your nerves?"

Jasteron says, "If it is tonight, not sure how much more we are going to get from him, We should be preparing defenses."

Speaking raspily to Saraphenia, Sonnillon says, "Yelling loud isnt it the same thing."

Angellos says, "Or it could of been a drink."

Angellos says, "Something in the drink."

Hleef says, "Asking us for help, then leaving out key details of who and what you saw under the guise of fear is useless."

Svardin says, "Someone that is terrified can't speak about it clearly."

Speaking to Sonnillon, Saraphenia says, "I didn't yell! I was speaking loudly."

Jasteron says, "At least we will not get much more out of him by normal methods."

Speaking raspily to Saraphenia, Sonnillon says, "Ok dont yell at me."

Ghald says, "Narum...eat something."

Svardin says, "I'm gonna scout southward and post a sentry. Da rock."

Narum snores lightly into his arms, dead to the world.

Speaking to Sonnillon, Saraphenia says, "I was just showing you the difference."

Shinann asks, "Anyone going to watch him?"

Itanic raspily says, "Exhausted I suppose."

Leafiara curiously says, "Oh, I think he's passed out."

Saraphenia says, "Poor fellah's tuckered out."

Shinann says, "I need to watch the town."

Archales says, "Don't think he'll go far."

Itanic raspily says, "Welp, no sense lettin' this go to waste."

Hleef says, "All that deserting and running from his job must have been tiring."

Ghald says, "I can stay with him, he needs to eat...to show me he's human at least."

Leafiara says, "I'm sure this will be safe enough. He's surrounded by the friendly waitresses and they wouldn't let a customer be hurt."

Itanic raspily says, "Aye, I wouldn't leave a good tip if I died."

Leafiara amiably says, "Alright... we'll head home, then."

Sonnillon raspily exclaims, "I feel like we are missing some key figures in this towns defense force!"

Speaking to Narum, Leafiara whispers aloud, "And you stay safe..."

Ghald says, "I'll stay a bit with him."

Angellos asks, "Did he order a drink from here?"

A woman's ghost flits over and assures, "You don't worry, all, we'll take good care of him. You come back and see us soon!"

(Leafiara calls over a ghost waitress and explains the gist of Narum's situation, then nods as she floats off.)

Leafiara confidently says, "Never a doubt."

Jasteron asks, "Sure you wouldn't want Hleef and I to interrogate him a bit more?"

Itanic raspily says, "I wonder why this place is abandoned, the service is wonderful."

Speaking amusedly to Jasteron, Leafiara says, "No need, we've already overwhelmed him."

Shinann says, "Do not harm him, please."

Asben says, "We need to get the Landing ready."

Leafiara quietly says, "Heading back to town."

Hleef says, "Fine."

Sonnillon whispers to the group, "Landing super friends unite and form something something im lost."

Jasteron says, "Well, worth a try."

[the town goes on to prepare for several hours]


Battle Preparations

[later that night]

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see the Aanvil disk, the Mollan disk, the Villorn disk, a massive snowy white tiger, a black-eared red and grey fox, the sparkling Russvult disk, a hawk owl, the fiery red Tilbin disk, the eel-encircled Altheren disk, a great white wolf that is sitting, a white tiger, a swirled disk of blue and yellow ground cornmeal, the Nyepels disk, a large acorn, the Viva disk, a pale-faced coppery barn owl, a mistwood serving cart with some stuff on it, some stone benches with some stuff on it and an herbal remedy donation bin.

Also here: Knochenjager, Sonnillon, Leineshan, Aanvil, Kalindon, Guarrin, Great Lady Mollan, Yukito, Great Lord Villorn who is sitting, Akenna, Roelon, Russvult, Travax, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Berost, Mayor Leafiara, Vistal, Pukk, Dame Evia, Nyepels, Viva who is sitting, Bumpur who is sitting, Jasteron who is sitting, Kebenar, Sir Cryheart, Qotxol who is kneeling, Lady Teana, Lady in Waiting Chandrellia who is kneeling, Warchief Archales, Driganti

The sky begins to fill with huge clouds, dark and grey on the bottom, pale and white atop, their puffy crowns ascending toward the heavens.

Leafiara: "Well, at least, that's the Hall's explanation of it." [discussion on the groaning from the pavilions near the Northern Caravansary, where Hapenlok was scouting for the impending threat]

Chandrellia softly says, "I'll do my best here being still quite young and all."

Viva says, "A storm approaches."

Leafiara asks, "Right when Pukk leaves, hm?"

The voice of Roelon deeply says, "Hmm."

Leafiara recites:

"In lieu of our herald..."

Sonnillon raspily exclaims, "Yay storms a coming!"

Leafiara recites:

"Join Cryheart!"

The voice of Roelon deeply says, "Weather gettin. ...weathery."

Thunder rumbles in the distance.

Chandrellia softly exclaims, "Here we go!"

Villorn says, "Oh no."

Seylia quietly asks, "What's that?"

Cryheart says, "Rain."

Leafiara muses, "Ah, no wonder they haven't attacked. They were waiting for cover like a storm."

Lazaryth says, "I don't mind rain."

Mollan says, "Here we go."

Chandrellia: "Young adventurers seek cover and beware a storms a brewin and it's not a good one."

Falvicar: "... and the thunder rolls."

Mollan says, "Thunder is always bad."

Leafiara: "Hap, it's beginning to storm up here. They might want to attack under cover of the weather."

The voice of Roelon deeply says, "The cover and distraction of bad weather."

Evia says, "Still think the trail of blown off limbs was a good plan."

Hapenlok: "Yeah. I think that they may have infiltrated up near this area by now, anyway."

Nochternus quietly says, "Yay."

Speaking to Maylan, Evia exclaims, "Get ready in case you have to do the alarm!"

Something skitters quickly by your feet, disappearing into the darkness of night.

Leafiara glances down.

Yukito glances down.

Guarrin glances down.

Shinann glances around the area.

Leafiara dubiously says, "Did anyone else see--"

Leafiara says, "I'm going with yes, you saw it."

Vaikeses says, "Tadaaa."

Maelkyth says, "Oh, that? sure."

Berost deeply says, "If that damn witch is back from the dead I am havin words with every hall mage I find."

Faerinn asks, "That's just one of Gustorm's, right?"

Speaking to himself, Guarrin mutters, "Rats coming up from the catacombs again. Must be."

Evia says, "What the world was that."

Roelon deeply says, "Ah thought it was just ah rat or somethin'..."

Speaking to Berost, Leafiara mutters, "Words, right."

Roelon deeply asks, "Perhaps nae?"

Villorn asks, "Where are our guards?"

Some birds suddenly erupt from the trees of Lower Dragonsclaw, taking to the sky and flying away.

Villorn says, "Hope they aren't playing dice."

Berost deeply asks, "Words, steel, steely words?"

Leafiara slowly says, "There's our sign."

Cryheart says, "Moving to the west gate."

Evia exclaims, "Bird alarm!"

Leafiara recites:

"Brace yourselves!"

Villorn says, "Uh oh..."

Villorn says, "Im running."

Chandrellia: "Action in Lower Dragonsclaw Hap beware."

Roelon deeply says, "Ugh..."

Nicolas exclaims, "Grab drinks while you can!"

[Wehnimer's, Exterior]

The muted sounds of loud bartering from within Wehnimer's Landing, and the lonely calls of a pair of mated fenvaoks high up in the air vie for your attention as you march along the outer western edge of the town. You also see some light leather, a tall wooden archery tower, a reinforced large wooden gate and a withered patch of grass.

Also here: Dame Evia, Berost, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Guarrin, Sonnillon, Maelkyth, Roelon, Nicolas, Bernadette, Lady Seylia, Stormyrain, Mayor Leafiara, Krampton, Sir Cryheart

Leafiara calmly says, "Alright... based on the 'report,' as it were, these should be mercenaries and patchwork beings--and notably not undead."

Hapenlok: "Something just spooked the fauna."

Maelkyth says, "Notably."

Villorn says, "Im getting a bit scared."

Shinann: "Not seeing anything."

Leafiara: "We're gathering at the west gate since the movement appears to be in the forest."

Leafiara: "If anyone spots anything, you can let us know!"

Maylan: "I SOUNDED THE ALARM."

Leafiara: "Excellent work, thanks!"

Speaking to Erienne, Maelkyth exclaims, "This group looked like that had a purpose! I'm so gonna die, aren't I?!"

Villorn says, "Fight togther."

Villorn says, "Die together."

Maelkyth exclaims, "Stoopid rolton. Read the signs!"

Leafiara says, "A couple of deaths in the east tower, probably unrelated to the possible danger out here."

Maelkyth says, "A little bit of stress and all order falls apart."

Speaking to Maelkyth, Leafiara amiably says, "That's why we embrace the chaos."

Maelkyth exclaims, "Indeed!"

Roelon deeply says, "Fight chaos with chaos."

Maelkyth exclaims, "In fact, I'm the one who trained the rolton to not read!"

Villorn says, "Please don't be crazy birds."

Speaking wryly to Maelkyth, Leafiara says, "I don't even wanna know how long that took."

Villorn says, "Wait.."

Villorn says, "Griffins..."

A faint chattering can be heard from a tree in the woods, followed by some rustling of leaves, then only eerie silence.

Villorn says, "Oh yeah a lot of us are going to die."

Speaking to Zosopage, Evia says, "This is no time for barbeque."

Roelon deeply says, "That sounds....weird."

Speaking casually to Villorn, Leafiara offers, "What's the worst that could happen?"

Cryheart says, "Squirrels see something."

Villorn says, "Probably nothing besides dying."

Maelkyth asks, "We could all die and be smooshed together in the mud and be raised a flesh golem?"

Villorn asks, "Maybe getting eaten by baby birds?"

Speaking to Maelkyth, Leafiara muses, "Ehh, been through worse before..."

Villorn says, "I got eaten by trolls and giants already."

Roelon deeply says, "They in the trees perhaps.."

Guarrin asks, "Any idea of what we're potentially facing here?"

Villorn exclaims, "Shoot some fireballs there wizards!"

Cryheart: "Anyone watching the North gate?"

Evia asks, "Some golems maybe?"

Villorn exclaims, "To the trees!"

Speaking to Guarrin, Leafiara ssay, "Mercenaries, and patchwork beings created from harvested limbs."

Roelon deeply asks, "Some hired thugs and golems?"

Leafiara says, "So probably flesh golems."

Speaking to Guarrin, Shinann says, "Sewn together monsters."

Cryheart says, "Mercenaries and golems."

Akenna: "No activity."

Roelon deeply says, "Ah don' want nae golem fallin on me from the trees."

Tsarok quietly says, "I am excited."

Talman says, "Oh i hope we can kill some of those golems..."

Balley softly asks, "Do we have people out scouting?"

Talman says, "Should of kicked em out a long time ago."

Roelon deeply says, "Ah kin go peek."

Speaking to Talman, Leafiara says, "They're not undead, if we can trust our... visitor from earlier."

Speaking to Talman, Leafiara suddenly says, "Oh, you mean the Hall golems."

Cryheart says, "The army came from the South, seeking fleshlings...so I dinnae think we will hae to chase em down...we shall see."

Speaking to Talman, Leafiara says, "I agree, but... the council doesn't seem to want to do anything about them."

Villorn says, "Im not leaving this group."

Leafiara affirms, "Right, they're supposedly here to harvest our limbs."

Speaking to Leafiara, Talman says, "I dont trust them or the hall."

Speaking to Villorn, Stormyrain says, "Agreed."

Leafara mutters, "Good luck with that."

Villorn says, "That's like asking to be dinner on a critter's plate."

Balley softly says, "Me either Talman."

Speaking to Stormyrain, Zosopage says, "Heh, that was my doing."

Villorn says, "AND! they might take my brownies."

Cryheart says, "We need to guard the brownies."

Villorn exclaims, "Yes yes!"

Leafiara defiantly challenges, "Get out here and fight, ya hundreds of mercenaries or whatever ya are!"

Zosopage says, "Didn't last as long as I would have liked though."

Villorn exclaims, "Hooligans!"

Evia says, "For flesh golems we just need the Extra Large Sized Seam Rippers."

Cryheart says, "We could also be running into a trap."

Villorn says, "Address them correctly or they nae come."

Lazaryth says, "If they don't come soon, I'm going to have to head to bed."

Maelkyth says, "I hope they're at least enthusiastic."

Villorn asks, "Ya people want more protection or stamina to kill things?"

Cryheart says, "Good strategy is to fight on your ground..not the enemies."

Villorn says, "I got some special monk magic."

Speaking confidently to a pale-faced coppery barn owl, Leafiara says, "Don't worry, Owly, we haven't heard anything to suggest they can fly."

Talman says, "All the stamina."

Villorn says, "Good good."

Maelkyth asks, "We haven't?"

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Balley asks, "Do we have scouts?"

Speaking to Maelkyth, Leafiara exclaims, "Nope!"

Speaking to Stormyrain, Guarrin asks, "I suppose...but wouldn't that infringe upon their ..honor?"

Bernadette whispers to the group, "Like a home field advantage?"

Speaking to Balley, Leafiara says, "I believe a few people are roaming."

The voice of Tsarok quietly says, "I could scout."

Leafiara amiably says, "Oh, please do."

Maelkyth exclaims, "I demand to die and bleed on my own soil!"

Villorn says, "I can scout... out the tables at thrak."

Cryheart asks, "Do we hae scouts in the forest?"

Speaking amusedly to Guarrin, Stormyrain offers, "You assume their honor is anything like that of a Knight?"

Speaking to Stormyrain, Guarrin says, "They believe it is."

Speaking to Maelkyth, Talman asks, "Dont you do that every day?"

Cryheart: "Thanks."

Cryheart says, "No activity at the North gate."

Speaking to Maags, Maelkyth says, "Glad I'll be dying WITH you."

Maags exclaims, "There will be no dying!"

Lylia says, "We are roving through the woods. Nothing much to see, however."

Teana: "1 hostile creature TSNE."

Lylia says, "Something did scamper by my foot earlier..."

Evia says, "Weeee."

Roelon deeply says, "Widlife seems agitated."

Maylan declares, "The kobolds are safe."

Hapenlok: "...nothing."

Leafiara: "What kind of creature?"

Cryheart: "Clarify."

Maags exclaims, "Thank yous. I would rather be unsafe with yous than safe alone!"

Talman asks, "Was it tsarok?"

Speaking drunkenly to Villorn, Gutstorm says, "Kin yooz povoke? me wanna see lotta roltonss."

Teana: "I'm not sure my Fimbule detected it."

Villorn says, "Me no understand that spell yet."

Leafiara absently says, "Mm, just a moment."

Villorn says, "Still too dumb."

[goes to look for the creature in town, but there's nothing or it was already killed]

Speaking to Maelkyth, Maags says, "My feets sometimes move too fast."

Villorn says, "Nooo."

Leafiara says, "I don't see anything inside town, myself..."

Ashvin says, "Something got the roltons spooked for sure."

Speaking to Maelkyth, Maags says, "I has so missed yous."

Evia says, "The archers are excited."

Teana: "I'll be sure he coveys more sepcific details next time."

Berost deeply says, "If thems were bugs in town, we could have em everywhere."

Villorn says, "Invasion of the bugs."

Speaking to Berost, Leafiara says, "It is an interesting question, of whether that was--coincidence or not."

Hapenlok: "Right now I'm standing guard over the pillar."

Villorn says, "That would be... the end of the landing."

Leafiara: "Which one?"

Talman asks, "Invasion of the roltons?"

Hapenlok: "The one near the trail to Darkstone Castle."

[Cryheart begins roaming the forest]

Asben says, "Maybe the roltons are being scared this direction."

Speaking approvingly to Cryheart, Leafiara says, "Ah, seeking 'em out ourselves. I like it."

Bernadette softly says, "Hmm mebee."

Maags says, "Problies not too dangerous yet. Owlies is still about."

Maags says, "Not that he is a coward but he does need to preserve mealtimes."

Villorn says, "Dragonsclaw."

Leafiara muses, "I wonder... let me check the Abandoned Inn..."

[goes to check the Abandoned Inn, but nothing]

Speaking to Pietra, Talman says, "Not sure."

Evia says, "Stompy patchworks."

Speaking drunkenly to Pietra, Gutstorm says, "A new watrin hole."

Leafiara says, "All clear--they're not pursuing him, or at least no sign of that."

Cryheart says, "Whatever made the rustling."

Pietra asks, "Was it Owly?"

A pale-faced coppery barn owl flies in.

A clap of thunder shakes the heavens.

Maags says, "Problies was that snake."

Zosopage says, "Here we go."

Balley softly says, "The storm is closer."

[return to the gate]

[Wehnimer's, Exterior]

The muted sounds of loud bartering from within Wehnimer's Landing, and the lonely calls of a pair of mated fenvaoks high up in the air vie for your attention as you march along the outer western edge of the town. You also see a black-tipped majestic snow leopard, a spindly pure white imp, the Gnarles disk, a tall wooden archery tower, a reinforced large wooden gate and a withered patch of grass.

Falvicar: "That can't be good."

Speaking to Maags, Pietra says, "For sure a snake."

Villorn says, "What if they be invisible."

Lazaryth says, "My bedtime is closer."

Cryheart: "We went into the Lower Dragonsclaw..saw nothing."

Roelon deeply says, "Or tryin' to sneak in somehow."

Speaking to Maags, Pietra says, "I don't like snakes."

Lylia: "I have a small group at the North Gate. All seems quiet."

Maylan: "The kobolds are still safe."

Speaking to Pietra, Maags says, "I also do not care for them. They grow into fat worms."

Speaking to Maags, Pietra says, "Big fat hissing worms."

Shinann asks, "Did he say he actually saw something?"

Shinann says, "I was looking around."

The voice of Aleyi softly exclaims, "You know what would be chaos? If I made everyone invisible!"

Leafiara tentatively says, "I wouldn't normally expect mercenaries to be stealthy, never mind patchwork monsters."

Speaking to Pietra, Maags exclaims, "That can swallow yous whole and cover yous with slime!"

Villorn says, "Can you do that."

Villorn says, "That would be hilarious."

Bernadette softly says, "Tell me whatcha seen."

Speaking to Maags, Pietra exclaims, "Yucky! Don't like!"

Balley softly asks, "Maybe we were deceived?"

Speaking to Bernadette, Leafiara explains, "I'm just saying, it seems odd they're... so hidden."

Speaking to Balley, Leafiara says, "It's possible... the man was kind of sketchy."

Gutstorm drunkenly asks, "Yooz smokin da funny stuff and playin wif yooz madic ball agin, Balley?"

Bernadette softly says, "Ahh."

Zosopage says, "Storm hasn't made it here yet."

Sonnillon raspily says, "Maybe they are looting Solhaven of limbs first."

Maags asks, "Did anybodies check if he had come from Helga's?"

Speaking curiously to Sonnillon, Leafiara says, "I'd like to hope that Sir Bristenn or others would let us know if that were the case."

Speaking to Cryheart, Maags exclaims, "Fair question!"

Gutstorm drunkenly asks, "Should me go git a bannit bounty if we goins souf to fishtown?"

Cryheart says, "He ate some Helga's stew, then began to imagine things."

Zosopage corrects, "Storm clouds that is."

Berost deeply says, "Mayhaps the hobs in the village stopped em for us."

Hapenlok says, "You lot that just came through, form on Cryheart."

Leafiara says, "Maybe the Hendorans stopped 'em."

Pietra says, "Maybe we're all hallucinating."


Approaching Forces

A guard from a tower at North Gate shouts, "Movement in the woods, something's coming!"

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "No, they didn't."

Leafiara muses, "Or not."

Villorn asks, "Here they come?"

Hapenlok yells, "Where?"

Evia: "Maylan...the alarm!"

Roelon deeply says, "Oiy..."

Balley softly says, "Ok."

Cryheart: "Be alert at the North gate."

Villorn exclaims, "Hey Guard!"

Sonnillon raspily says, "Brace for first wave."

Chandrellia: "Careful at the North gate!"

Leafiara: "She's way ahead of ya!"

Maylan: "A second alarm, ON IT."

Lylia: "Indeed."

Roelon deeply says, "Ah didnae see anything..they must be movin' now."

Gutstorm drunkenly exclaims, "We bein tacked?!"

Balley softly says, "The question is what direction will they be coming from.."

Maylan: "I DID IT."

Gutstorm yells, "Run fer yer lives, sorcerers and wizards first!"

Pietra says, "Probably from the forest."

Evia: "Yay!"

Shinann says, "He said from all directions."

Villorn says, "Oh great."

Maags asks, "No rangers?"

Pietra says, "And the forest is in all directions..."

Cryheart says, "There is a group at the North gate."

Villorn asks, "We got walls no?"

Hapenlok: "Really wish they'd have said where....I can't see a damn thing out here."

Villorn asks, "There's two entrances though?"

Villorn says, "Thats why I hate birds."

Speaking to Villorn, Evia says, "Sort of but no but sort of."

Maags says, "Walls but with Sleepy as the gate."

Maags says, "So."

Some rustling comes from within the trees of the forest, and a giant hulking figure stumbles into view, still concealed in the cover of night.

Leafiara says, "Well, they could come from underground too, but..."

Villorn says, "Oh..."

Pietra says, "Oh look a big huge thingie."

Villorn says, "Something big."

Leafiara speculates, "Something tells me that's not their style."

Sonnillon yells, "Who goes there?"

Zosopage says, "Cloudless storm. Not a great omen."

Pietra says, "At least the roltons aren't getting in."

Polveiss says, "Mine."

An animated rolton just went through the gate!

Speaking to Polveiss, Pietra says, "Except that one."

Villorn says, "I'm getting itchy..."

Cryheart says, "We all are."

Pietra yells, "Hey big guy, why don't you show yourself, but real slowly!"

As the lumbering creature shambles into closer view, it appears to to be an abomination of patchwork krolvin and troll flesh stitched together in a haphazard pattern at best. Its long, bent troll nose sniffs at the air, while fresh bloodstains are streaked through its white fur mane. It roars loudly!

Leafiara muses, "...gross."

Pietra says, "Timing."

Roelon deeply says, "Wha..."

Cryheart says, "Here it comes."

Nicolas says, "Oh my."

Berost deeply asks, "Its jest trolls an krol thouggh .... did us a favor?"

Villorn says, "Where where."

Krampton says, "That thing ate at Helga's for sures."

Speaking to Shinann, Stormyrain murmurs, "When is the last time we saw patchwork creatures like this?"

Roelon deeply says, "Ah kin smell it's horrible breath from 'ere."

A loud roar echoes in response deeper within the woods.

Pietra exclaims, "He's got a friend!"

Cryheart says, "Get ready."

Villorn says, "Come out chicken."

Krampton says, "Can tell it's got an upset tum tum."

Pietra yells, "C'mon out frands!"

Maelkyth asks, "Wait... are we friends?"

Gutstorm yells, "Me got yooz brudder!"

Villorn asks, "Ya want some gnome legs?"

Pietra asks, "We could be?"

Villorn says, "Come here."

Villorn says, "Gnome thighs be the best."

Maags says, "It does not reallies seem so scaries."

Sonnillon raspily exclaims, "Come and get me limbs buckaroos!"

Maags says, "Seems more scared."

Speaking to Maags, Pietra says, "Least it's not a snake."

Speaking drunkenly to Leafiara, Gutstorm exclaims, "Should be summon da rat army?!"

Roelon deeply exclaims, "Sounds like alot of 'em. But more of us!"

Maelkyth says, "Just let me know if I start attacking the wrong things... I sometimes get carried away."

Speaking to Gutstorm, Leafiara muses, "Couldn't hurt."

Leafiara mutters, "Slow lumbering trollvin beasts..." [OOC: the sense of time is lost in logs, but we'd been at the gate quite a while by this point]

Villorn says, "Any other monks here can do barrier."

Maags says, "Out of aim."

Speaking to Maags, Pietra says, "Smart."

Cryheart says, "Sweet Kai."

Speaking to Maags, Maelkyth says, "Keep me upright."

Villorn says, "I got mind covered."

Maags exclaims, "I shall!"

Speaking to Maags, Pietra says, "The hero we need."

Maags says, "If onlies."

Speaking to Villorn, Leafiara grumbles, "The anticipation is far worse than the battle sometimes."

Villorn says, "Its roaring."

Speaking to Sonnillon, Pietra asks, "You trying to speak their language?"

Villorn says, "Better not be a chimera."

Villorn says, "Those things are just weird."

Speaking raspily to Pietra, Sonnillon asks, "Is it working?"

Villorn says, "Or manticore."

Pietra: "So.... this slow lumbering thing sure is slow and lumbering."

Speaking to Sonnillon, Pietra says, "Can't tell yet..."

Akenna: "I prefer slow to fast."

Lazaryth says, "This is possibly the worst thing I could have chosen to do with my night."

Zosopage says, "Nothing as far as the trail yet."

Pietra yells, "If you don't move faster, there's gonna be no more stew at Helgas!"

Akenna: "If we're talking about preference."

Villorn says, "I wonder if they have scouts."

Speaking approvingly to a burly river rat, Leafiara says, "Excellent, perfect lures for the trollvin."

Villorn says, "Scouting us."

Evia says, "It is rather TOO NOISY."

Villorn says, "Waiting for us to fall a sleep."

More guttural bellowing erupts from scattered locations within the woods.

Roelon deeply says, "In the trees air..."

The voice of Gutstorm drunkenly exclaims, "Quiet den!"

Sonnillon raspily says, "It's just the wind."

Speaking to Evia, Erienne says, "I heard the North Gate is less lively."

Cryheart yells, "Come on!"

Villorn yells, "Cluck cluck cluck!"

Maelkyth asks, "Look, they're obviously waiting for us to lower our guard. Why don't we just pass the drinks and get this started?"

The voice of Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Lil'Pie go scout for da baddies."

Villorn says, "Watch it be something so big it just steps on all of us in one stomp."

Speaking to Maelkyth, Leafiara dubiously says, "I dunno, things that big usually don't strategize that much."

Cryheart says, "We may need to cover the North gate as well, some may hae to split off...but we shall see."

Pietra exclaims, "I'm no scout!"

The voice of Gutstorm drunkenly exclaims, "Not you, da utter Lil'Pie!"

Shorter creatures press through the thicket of the night and forest, their skin and fur a mangy botched canvas of kobold skin fused with goblin flesh. Their eyes are lopsided and constantly blinking, as ichor drips from their toothy maws. They scratch at the ground as they approach.

Pietra exclaims, "Oh oh!"

Speaking to Pietra, Talman says, "You can hide and sneak."

Erienne says, "Ooh."

Pietra says, "Gross...."

Leafiara says, "...hmm..."

Cryheart asks, "Reapers?"

Villorn says, "Eww."

Nicolas says, "Yeech."

Maylan: "The kobolds are no longer safe."

Villorn asks, "Kobolds that mated with golbins?"

Maelkyth says, "Whew! kinda rancid."

Villorn says, "Oh wait."

Speaking to an animated rolton, Pietra exclaims, "Save us!"

Sonnillon raspily says, "Watch your fun parts they look like biters."

Roelon deeply says, "Ah guess not all the kobolds were safe.."

Speaking offhandedly to Cryheart, Leafiara says, "Reapers were the ones said to be gathering the parts *after* this army of.. creatures... does its work."

The voice of Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Me gonna laugh if it a buncha kobolds."

Villorn asks, "They are wearing kobold skin?"

Evia says, "Ichor makes me wanna upchuck."

Leafiara adds, "Reminds me of incidents on Caligos Isle last year."

Cryheart says, "Flesh golems."

Villorn asks, "Whats reapers?"

Falvicar: "Hmmm at least they aren't purple kobolds."

Roelon deeply says, "What did they do to those creatures.. horrible .."

Maelkyth says, "Oh, gods... it doesn't grow on you."

Pietra says, "Ah hell."

Krampton says, "Gobolds."

Maelkyth exclaims, "Treachery!"

Maelkyth says, "Vile..."

Leafiara thoughtfully says, "Well, they may not be undead, but we can grant them a swift release anyway."

Villorn asks, "Cant we have some sorcerers and wizards go into the trees and start fireballing and meteor everywhere and call it a night?"

Pietra says, "Just roltons and kobolds, the normal kind."

Maags says, "That is a lot of rats. maybes the monsters will eat those."

Villorn says, "Burn them trees down too."

Evia says, "I hope no KoboFalvs show up, it could get confusing."

Maags says, "Will makes it up to yous."

Sonnillon raspily says, "Shake them down from the trees."

Gutstorm: "Sure are lotta roltons about!"

A raven says, "Wow nice aim."

The voice of Gutstorm drunkenly says, "All me see idda roltons and a buncha kobolds."

Villorn says, "Those rat are going to get eaten."

The trees soon become outnumbered, as a host of macabre and patchwork creations shamble into view. Orcs with grey skin and two heads, krolvin-troll abominations, squat troglodytes with flesh still hanging loosely from their bodies as if freshly peeled and carved away. Behind the monstrosities are a number of humans, half-elves, and some giantmen, each one wielding deadly blades and studded armor. They eye the town ahead.

Villorn says, "Rats."

Pietra: "It's your smell, Gutstorm."

Leafiara says, "No wonder this army took hours to get here..."

Maelkyth says, "Uh huh."

Maelkyth says, "Think they're here."

Sonnillon yells, "Come on you pansy's!"

Villorn says, "Great."

Lazaryth asks, "Whose army is this?"

The voice of Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Dey had a ranger leadin em."

Villorn says, "We got some weird looking things coming at us."

Speaking to Lazaryth, Pietra says, "The ugliest army."

Lazaryth says, "I don't even understand why we're being attacked."

Roelon deeply says, "Oiy...maybe they outnumber us. But they just parts and pieces. Cannae be so tough."

Berost deeply says, "More than jest some merrcs and a golem..."

Shinann says, "We only got one name... the Fist."

Sonnillon raspily says, "I dont know but they are thrown together."

Villorn says, "Cause we burned down so many critter homes."

Bernadette peers quizzically at Shinann.

Villorn says, "And loots them."

Maags says, "Please do not puts my feet on a giant."

Speaking to Bernadette, Leafiara says, "'The Fist' was the nickname of their general, we heard."

Speaking to Maags, Pietra says, "It'll tip over for sure."

Maelkyth exclaims, "Get Fisted!"

Speaking to Falvicar, Maags asks, "Still mad at me?"

Speaking to Bernadette, Leafiara adds, "But not necessarily their leader, since we were given the impression that the Fist answers to someone else..."

Speaking quietly to Maags, Falvicar says, "I expect a full payment of bacon after this."

Zosopage says, "Getting antsy."

Evia asks, "I suppose it's much too late to don clever disguises?"

Pietra says, "Mmm, bacon."


Testing Defenses

A squat half-skinned troglodyte ambles in.

[combat, but these are no threat]

Pietra says, "Ugly."

[combat]

Cryheart says, "Younguns should be swiinging at the trogs."

[combat]

Zosopage says, "Anticlimactic so far."

A mangy patchwork kobgoblin staggers in, howling ferociously!

Roelon deeply says, "Testin' our defense.."

[combat]

Cryheart says, "It will get tougher."

Speaking to Roelon, Leafiara agrees, "Interesting thought."

Roelon deeply says, "Lookin' for weaknesses.."

Erienne says, "I hope so."

Speaking pragmatically to Roelon, Leafiara says, "In that case, we should hold back full force for now..."

Evia asks, "They making these abominations as they travel?"

Evia says, "Or whoever."

Cryheart says, "Seemingly so."

Shinann says, "I think so."

Teana: "All is well around TSC."

Roelon deeply says, "That krolvin... might be trouble."

Falvicar: "What's next? Kobvathors?"

Xecnephias quietly exclaims, "Oh, a parrrty !"

Zosopage: "Encountered some weaker critters so far."

Maelkyth: "Starting to see some activity... light so far."

Lylia: "A few kobold-hobgoblin hybrids at the gate. They are miserable creatures."

Pietra: "There's some really yucky troglodytes around the west gate area."

Speaking to a pale-faced coppery barn owl, Maags says, "Guard those feathers handsome."

Xecnephias quietly says, "I will just have an ale."

Maylan: "Frankly I feel we are doing them a favor by ending them."

Leafiara yells, "Is that all you can muster?"

Leafiara: "Indeed."

Speaking to Leafiara, Maelkyth exclaims, "Don't taunt them!"

Bernadette softly says, "Show us whatcha got."

Falvicar quietly says, "Very weak creatures."

Speaking to Leafiara, Erienne says, "Taunt them."

Pietra: "I think they're Gutstorm's cousins."

Cryheart: "Good point, Maylan."

[combat]

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Xecnephias says, "Boy, I am glad yer not in charge."

Maelkyth exclaims, "Mock them!"

Roelon deeply says, "The fist? More like the pinky."

Maelkyth asks, "Have none of you done a proper invasions, really?"

Falvicar quietly says, "It's probably just testing our defenses."

Speaking to Maags, Maelkyth says, "Guess it's a lost art."

A huge four-armed giant steps out of the woods, each muscular hand holding a link of chains. He yanks hard and growls, pulling the chains into view. Upon each of the four chains are rows of collared vesperti, their lithe forms covered in scars, and collars bound around their necks. The four-armed giant breaks the chains and howls, which seems to stir the collared vesperti forward and they rush towards town!

Maags says, "The rules always change."

Leafiara curiously says, "Hm."

Arav: "Koboldkin in the town, west ring road."

Roelon deeply says, "Well now."

The voice of Gutstorm drunkenly says, "Me want da giant for a minicher."

A tormented shriek heralds the appearance of a collared scar-covered vesperti!

[combat]

Leafiara says, "Those aren't--they look mostly normal..."

[combat]

Cryheart: "Dinnae be fooled by the initial skrimish...they be testing us."

[combat]

Speaking to Maags, Maelkyth says, "Yeah, but always mock the invaders... so's they become really cross and make a mistake."

[combat]

Zosopage says, "In town it seems."

[extremely extended combat]

Speaking to Gnarles, Lazaryth says, "Stop showing off."

The four-armed giant drags its empty chains back into the forest.

Berost deeply says, "They sendin the fodder."

Ketsimney asks, "Is there a group?"

Leafiara dubiously says, "Our guest was horrified out of his wits by *this*? I know there must be more, but.."

Pietra asks, "So... those were their slaves?"

Balley softly says, "If you need healing yell."

Speaking to Ketsimney, Maags says, "Join Cryheart."

Bernadette whispers to the group, "Be ready for the next wave."

Balley softly says, "There are a few of us healers here."

Cryheart says, "They are testing our defenses soon..and resolve."

Speaking mildly to Balley, Leafiara says, "Now we just need actual threats."

Speaking to Gnarles, Pietra asks, "You alright there?"


The True Battle

A two-headed grey orc raider plods in and sniffs the air!

[combat]

A patchwork krolvin-troll abomination ambles in!

[combat]


Speaking to Balley, Leafiara adds, "Well, other than whatever strange curse is affecting that guy."

[combat]

Gnarles says, "What the hells."

[extended combat]

You are buffeted by a sudden gust of wind, as an angry four-armed giant rushes in!

[extended combat; mass casualties at West Gate as they can reflect air and lightning spells like storm giants]

The ghostly voice of Asben says, "Wee."

[extended combat]

Leafiara roars, "Now that's more like it!"

Teana: "One Vesperti TSNW."

Lylia: "West Gate, what ailed you?"

The ghostly voice of Lazaryth says, "I suppose my contribution to the battle is over."

Pietra says, "Awwww."

Cryheart: "Giants."

[mass casualties at North Gate now]

Roblar deeply says, "It flected."

Tsarok quietly says, "Every time."

Roelon: "The Krolvin breached north gate."

Gnarles says, "I wish I knew why I keep falling over myself..." [some kind of curse effect]

Maags says, "I will takes them."

[Leafi steps away to check for dead empaths and clerics]

Nochternus quietly says, "I can't even affect the vesperti..."

Xecnephias quietly asks, "Are we abandoning the out defenses already?"

Cryheart: "Our group is smaller but resolved."

Hapenlok: "I'll be there in a minute."

Thrassus: "These giants seem to reflect spells back at the caster."

Nochternus quietly says, "I'll keep trying..."

Cryheart: "Abominations."

Leafiara: "Returning shortly."

Eugenides says, "Troll is down."

The ghostly voice of Sorlu flatly says, "Well that went bad quick."

[return to the battle]

Roblar deeply screams, "Kill dem all!"

[combat]

Guarrin: "North gate can use reinforcements."

[Wehnimer's, Outside Gate]

Citizens, merchants and assorted dregs of society jostle against you before the great wooden gates of Wehnimer's Landing. Harried guards and militiamen try to keep the chaos to a minimum, but it is hard to keep track of those entering, let alone leaving, this large trading post. A dirt path encircling the wooden palisade of the town leads east and southwest. Nailed prominently to the wooden wall beside the gate is a sign you really should read. You also see a patchwork krolvin-troll abomination, an obese drunken chinchilla, a patchwork krolvin-troll abomination, a patchwork krolvin-troll abomination, a sooty owl that is flying around, a patchwork krolvin-troll abomination, a massive snowy white tiger, a cudgel, some light leather, a small shield, a spear, a rotting maoral strongbox, a cudgel, some light leather, a wooden shield, a cudgel, some light leather, a wooden shield, a reinforced shield, a black opal, a reinforced shield, a morning star, a green sapphire, a small shield, a small pink pearl, a reinforced shield, a morning star, a solid moonstone cube, a green malachite stone, a reinforced shield, a morning star, a spear, a dented gold strongbox, a plain haon trunk, a spindly pure white imp, a pink spinel, a n'ayanad crystal, a star sapphire, an agitated white imp, a swirled disk of blue and yellow ground cornmeal, a reinforced wooden defense tower and the Wayside inn.

Also here: Lord Gnarles, Land Pirate Maylan, Eheylien, Vancudais, Nochternus, Draught, Roelon, Guarrin, Imperatrix Lylia, a stunned Leineshan, the body of Legu who is lying down, High Lady Holoni, the body of Faerinn who is lying down

Also here: Rudar, Zosopage, Hapenlok, Dame Evia, Berost, Yukito, Cyar, Falvicar, Sacru, Maelkyth, Rasson, Krampton, Bernadette, Sir Cryheart

Speaking to Cryheart, Hapenlok says, "They're screaming for help up north. I guess I'll head back there."

Cryheart: "We hae 15 at west gate..how many do ye nee?"

Leafiara: "Your numbers are about as big as ours." [15 to 13]

[North Gate: Gnarles, Maylan, Eheylien, Vancudais, Nochternus, Draught, Roelon, Guarrin, Lylia, Leineshan, Legu (dead), Holoni, Faerinn (dead) West Gate: Leafiara, Rudar, Zosopage, Hapenlok, Evia, Berost, Yukito, Cyar, Falvicar, Sacru, Maelkyth, Rasson, Krampton, Bernadette, Cryheart]

[extended combat]

Akenna: "Take care they are slipping through the gate."

[combat]

From out of the forest, the mismatched band of giantmen, human, half-krolvin and half-elves begins their charge!

[combat]

Evia says, "Kobgoblins."

[withdrew as Voln needed extra clerics]

Shinann: "Are they in town?"

Guarrin: "Some made it through, aye. I chased a few down."

Akenna: "Same."

Aeith: "There are monsters all around town square at the moment."


Ysharra: "Anyone find Faerinn's body?"

Hapenlok: "I'll take care of it."

[combat]

Leafiara: "Aiding town cleanup."

Guarrin says, "Nice work."

[combat]

Yukito: "Just stay in front of me and I got you."

Guarrin: "Square is clear."

[combat]

Speaking to a scuffy human thug, Leafiara says, "Yeah, sorry, buddy, but we have enough of our own thugs here."

Teana: "Two on TSNE."

The voice of Asben says, "I'm with ya."

[return to west gate; extended combat]

Guarrin: "Dead."

[extended combat]

Erienne says, "So dramatic."

[extended combat]

Leafiara muses, "So far, the least convincing part of our guest's story is that he was so afraid of the patchwork creatures, since most of them are less threatening than the regular thugs..."

[extended combat]

The ghostly voice of Myasarie quietly says, "Crap."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Tsarok quietly says, "Aww."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Tsarok quietly exclaims, "Sad!"

[combat]

Leafiara says, "Hmm..."

The ghostly voice of Maelkyth says, "Well now."

Draccor darkly says, "I think they wanna be friends."

The ghostly voice of Myasarie quietly says, "That nae be right."

[combat; burly half-krolvin knaves, muscular human marauders, ragged half-elven crossbowmen, scuffy human thugs, seedy-eyed giantman brigands]

Guarrin: "How's the west gate?"

[combat]

Draccor darkly asks, "The hell is a kobgoblin?"

Eugenides: "Can someone locate Maelkyth?"

Cryheart says, "A mix."


Reapers' Attack

A mangy grey furry creature scurries across a treetop in the forest.

Maags: "Gots him."

Speaking to Draccor, Leafiara says, "A mix of a kobold and hobogoblin."

Farseeker says, "I dunno either."

[combat]

Draccor darkly says, "So ugly."

[combat]

Draccor yells, "All Kobgoblins need to die!"

[combat]

A second mangy grey creature skitters along the treetops moving towards town.

Draccor yells, "All Kobgoblins need to die! you don't derserve to see a mirror!"

[combat]

Berost deeply exclaims, "More bugs!"

[combat]

Akenna: "Does anyone see this creature?"

[combat]

Leafiara: "We can see a couple of them..."

[combat]

Guarrin: "Not clearly."

Evia says, "I don't like things which skitter."

Leafiara: "But still too distant to aproach."

[combat]

Cryheart: "Reapers??"

[combat]

You hear the sound of tiny teeth clattering nearby.

[combat]

Erienne exclaims, "Squirrel!"

The voice of Pietra exclaims, "Where??!"

[combat]

A tiny pocket mouse says, "Those wasn't my teeth."

Erienne says, "It's coming."

[combat]

Akenna: "Anyone else hear the teeth? Like they might be surrounded by something?"

[combat]

A flash of grey moves among a tree near an archery tower.

Zambroschyn says, "Missed me."

[combat]

Leafiara: "It's everywhere, yes..."

[combat]

Xecnephias yells, "Kill the rolton !"

Akenna: "Oh good..."

The voice of Pietra asks, "The teeth?"

[combat]

Leafiara: "Well, by some definitions of good!"

[combat]

The voice of Pietra says, "I can't hear anything..."

A second flash of grey appears among the trees near a tower.

Pietra: "Teeth??"

Erienne says, "I saw a large grey furry creature moving through the treetops, pretty sure it was a squirrel."

[combat]

The voice of Pietra says, "I hope it wasn't patchworky."

[combat]

Rudar says, "It aint good whatever it is."

Roelon deeply says, "Squrriels with kobold heads and orc arms maybe."

[extennded combat]

Shinann: "How is it inside of town?"

[extended combat]

Asben: "There were a few in town when i was there last."

[combat]

Roelon deeply says, "Let me look in town."

[combat]

Evia says, "Whaddya know that reaaaally good Leafi bless finally wore off."

Arav: "Someone dead in the bank."

Shinann: "Thank you."

Suddenly a small hunched mangy grey creature leaps out of a tree and onto the roof of an archery tower! Its beady eyes dance around and its large mouth of tiny teeth chatter maniacially. An archer tries to fire an arrow but misses. A split second later, a second reaper appears. Then a third, then a fourth. In the flash of a moment there appear dozens and dozens like a column of greyish dirt and they engulf the archer, tearing him to the ground and gnawing away. The creatures soon scurry off, the archer left screaming in agony with a missing arm chewed right off.

[combat]

Eugenides: "We'll be seeing that arm later."

[combat]

Akenna: "So... Towers--should I just leave mine? I like my arms."

[combat]

Hapenlok: "Your best judgement there."

[combat]

Berost deeply says, "Keepin us busy here while they do.... else."

[combat]

Aeith: "The inside of town seems okay, a few troglodytes here and there, but seems to be manageable."

[combat]

Akenna: "Well someone has to man them, I suppose."

The sound of maniacal chittering erupts all around you as a swarm of small beady-eyed reapers scamper into view like a column of shifting dirt. The creatures are covered in tiny teeth and sharp claws and they quickly overwhelm Zosopage and pin him to the ground before a number of them rapidly saw through his leg with jagged fangs! Once they have the limb they loudly screech and carry it off, leaving the rest of him behind.

Some etched black alloy field-plate partially deflects the onslaught of the slashing attack.

... 7 points of damage!

Deep, bloody slash to Zosopage's right thigh!

He is knocked to the ground!

He is stunned!

Speaking quietly to himself, Rudar exclaims, "That fella had two heads!"

Leafiara affirms, "Yup!"

[combat]

Hapenlok: "One of our number just had his arm ripped off ...by something."

[combat]

Akenna: "If I lose my arm. Someone try and find it?"

Leafiara slowly says, "Well okay then..."

[combat]

Maylan: "Losing limbs isn't so bad, you ninnies."

[combat]

The sound of maniacal chittering erupts all around you as a swarm of small beady-eyed reapers scamper into view like a column of shifting dirt. The creatures are covered in tiny teeth and sharp claws and they quickly overwhelm Asben and pin him to the ground before a number of them rapidly saw through his leg with jagged fangs! Once they have the limb they loudly screech and carry it off, leaving the rest of him behind.

... 34 points of damage!

Wild downward slash severs Asben's right foot!

Bloody stump, anyone?

Asben screams and falls to the ground grasping his mangled right leg!

He is stunned!

[combat]

The sound of maniacal chittering erupts all around you as a swarm of small beady-eyed reapers scamper into view like a column of shifting dirt. The creatures are covered in tiny teeth and sharp claws and they quickly overwhelm Cyar and pin him to the ground before a number of them rapidly saw through his leg with jagged fangs! Once they have the limb they loudly screech and carry it off, leaving the rest of him behind.

... 23 points of damage!

Strong slash to Cyar's right leg!

Muscles exposed!

Not a pretty sight.

He is knocked to the ground!

He is stunned!

Roblar deeply says, "He."

[extremely extended combat]

Yukito: "I saw someone in my group with a ...ow!"

[combat]

Yukito: "Stop knocking me down!"

[extended combat]

Krampton says, "Good works, keeps it ups."

Roelon deeply says, "Time to check in town."

Gutstorm recites:

"Join Cryheart"

[extended combat]

Cryheart says, "Fine so far."

Villorn says, "So insane."

Xecnephias quietly says, "I could use a foot massage."

[combat]

Xecnephias quietly says, "Been standin here a while."

[combat]

Gutstorm drunkenly exclaims, "Roblar quit layin down!"

[combat]

Berost deeply says, "Makin no sense what they doin here."

The sound of maniacal chittering erupts all around you as a swarm of small beady-eyed reapers scamper into view like a column of shifting dirt. The creatures are covered in tiny teeth and sharp claws and they quickly overwhelm Maags and pin her to the ground before a number of them rapidly saw through her arm with jagged fangs! Once they have the limb they loudly screech and carry it off, leaving the rest of her behind.

... 39 points of damage!

Spectacular slash!

Maags's left arm is neatly amputated!

She is stunned!

[combat]

The sound of maniacal chittering erupts all around you as a swarm of small beady-eyed reapers scamper into view like a column of shifting dirt. The creatures are covered in tiny teeth and sharp claws and they quickly overwhelm Sacru and pin him to the ground before a number of them rapidly saw through his arm with jagged fangs! Once they have the limb they loudly screech and carry it off, leaving the rest of him behind.

Some ancient elven battle armor partially deflects the onslaught of the slashing attack.

... 16 points of damage!

Powerful slash just cracks Sacru's shield arm!

He is stunned!

[combat]

The sound of maniacal chittering erupts all around you as a swarm of small beady-eyed reapers scamper into view like a column of shifting dirt. The creatures are covered in tiny teeth and sharp claws and they quickly overwhelm Shinann and pin her to the ground before a number of them rapidly saw through her leg with jagged fangs! Once they have the limb they loudly screech and carry it off, leaving the rest of her behind.

... 25 points of damage!

Wild downward slash severs Shinann's right foot!

Bloody stump, anyone?

Shinann screams and falls to the ground grasping her mangled right leg!

She is stunned!

The sound of maniacal chittering erupts all around you as a swarm of small beady-eyed reapers scamper into view like a column of shifting dirt. The creatures are covered in tiny teeth and sharp claws and they quickly overwhelm Yukito and pin him to the ground before a number of them rapidly saw through his arm with jagged fangs! Once they have the limb they loudly screech and carry it off, leaving the rest of him behind.

... 45 points of damage!

Awesome slash severs Yukito's right arm!

A jagged stump is all that remains!

He is stunned!

Hapenlok: "Boy, we're having fun now."

[combat]

Yukito: "Oh, no you.. ah!"

[extended combat]

Yukito: "Thanks for the save!"

[extended combat]

The voice of Pietra asks, "Arrows...?"

Yukito: "Really? Arrows now?" [I think these were from the archery towers, but not sure]

[extended combat]

Pietra: "Maybe it's to pin folks down so the reapers can chew their limbs off."

[combat]

Pietra: "Teamwork and all that."

[combat]

Berost: "More like keepin us busy while they do whatever they wanna in the forest. Or elsewhere."

[combat]

Aeith: "Lots inside the nroth gate."

[combat]

Speaking darkly to Cryheart, Draccor says, "Well most of you."

Screams erupt within town as a host of mangy grey reapers scurry along the streets, shops, buildings, rooftops and alleys.

[combat]

Villorn exclaims, "Reapers!"

Leafiara says, "Hmm."

The voice of Pietra says, "Great, in town."

[combat]

Zosopage says, "Here come the reapers."

Aeith: "Less now!"

Zosopage says, "In town."

Leafiara says, "I'm heading inside to see about that."

[travel]

[Wehnimer's, South Ring Rd.]

Many of the travellers through this part of town appear to be pilgrims, priests and monks. They travel to and fro, moving along the quiet road to the north. The hoot of an owl echoes from somewhere beyond the palisade wall. You also see a large dark blue steel golem.

Speaking wryly to a large dark blue steel golem, Leafiara says, "Fat lot of good you all are."

Hapenlok: "Well, spells don't work on those little bastards."

[Town Square, Southeast]

Pedestrians and wagon traffic move off in all directions here, some going to the large intersection with South Ring Road, others crisscrossing the square via the bazaar. Men and women carrying neatly tied parcels or sacks and coils of rope slung over their arms emerge from the wooden facade of the old general store. You also see a small clawed beady-eyed grey reaper, a small clawed beady-eyed grey reaper, a small clawed beady-eyed grey reaper, a wooden arrow, a cudgel, a wooden shield, a coil of thick rope, a small oak stand with a coil of thick rope on it, a long wooden table with a small plate of steel on it and a mushy black door.

A small clawed beady-eyed grey reaper positions itself to attack Leafiara.

The evanescent shield shrouding Leafiara flares to life and absorbs the oncoming blow. Before fading, it flickers with a pale incandescence.

Leafiara looks determined and focused.

In a breathtaking display of ability and combat mastery, Leafiara whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!

Leafiara punches with a perfect white ora slasher at a small clawed beady-eyed grey reaper!

AS: +513 vs DS: +199 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +100 = +447

... and hit for 183 points of damage!

Hard slash to the beady-eyed grey reaper's side opens its spleen!

[a bunch more hits, but just giving the gist that...]

[combat]

Aeith: "They are overruning the inside of the town now."

[combat]

Hapenlok: "Need some fighters inside the north gate, though. The limbs are flying."

[combat]

Leafiara: "They aren't individually very threatening..."

Seylia quietly asks, "Are these magic immune?"

Dergoatean: "Where's that?"

Leafiara says, "They seem to be."

Leafiara: "If we can have younger warriors and other melee battlers to clean up the reapers, that should be enough."

Hapenlok: "Tell that to a dockworker, Leafi."

[return to west gate, combat]

Draught says, "Here as well I see..."

[combat]

Draught says, "Argh."

[extended combat]

Roelon deeply says, "Those reapers are bothersome."

[combat]

Yukito: "I feel old.... I'm only forty two. I shoudn't feel old. Is this what the front lines feel like?!"

[combat]

Falvicar: "Indeed."

[combat]

Falvicar: "It's worst with demons."

The sound of maniacal chittering erupts all around you as a swarm of small beady-eyed reapers scamper into view like a column of shifting dirt. The creatures are covered in tiny teeth and sharp claws and they quickly overwhelm Draccor and pin him to the ground before a number of them rapidly saw through his arm with jagged fangs! Once they have the limb they loudly screech and carry it off, leaving the rest of him behind.

... 24 points of damage!

Hard slash to Draccor's side!

Left arm no longer available for use.

He is stunned!

[combat]

Draccor darkly says, "Ow."

The sound of maniacal chittering erupts all around you as a swarm of small beady-eyed reapers scamper into view like a column of shifting dirt. The creatures are covered in tiny teeth and sharp claws and they quickly overwhelm Rudar and pin him to the ground before a number of them rapidly saw through his leg with jagged fangs! Once they have the limb they loudly screech and carry it off, leaving the rest of him behind.

... 36 points of damage!

Powerful slash!

Rudar's right leg is severed at the knee!

Rudar screams and falls to the ground grasping his mangled right leg!

He is stunned!

The sound of maniacal chittering erupts all around you as a swarm of small beady-eyed reapers scamper into view like a column of shifting dirt. The creatures are covered in tiny teeth and sharp claws and they quickly overwhelm Yukito and pin him to the ground before a number of them rapidly saw through his leg with jagged fangs! Once they have the limb they loudly screech and carry it off, leaving the rest of him behind.

... 40 points of damage!

Powerful slash!

Yukito's left leg is severed at the knee!

Yukito screams and falls to the ground grasping his mangled left leg!

He is stunned!

[extended combat]

Teana: "Area around TSC is clear."

[extended combat]

Leafiara says, "You know, I don't know if this helps or hurts the proposal Elphie wanted me to send to the council, where we'd invite bandits to turn their lives around and live peacefully in our town..."

[very extended combat]

Hapenlok: "Good thing I had the blacksmith working on my leg greaves."

[combat]

Hapenlok: "Those little bastards got me."

Leafiara: "Now they'll come for your arm, you know."

[combat]

Hapenlok: "I have shielded myself in stone."

[combat]

Leafiara thoughtfully wonders, "Hmm, has anyone been attacked twice for a limb or are they only taking one each?" [amidst all this, didn't notice that Yukito had indeed been attacked twice]

[combat]

Balley softly says, "Not sure."

Erienne says, "So far has looked like one each."

Rudar says, "Only got one'a mine."

[combat]

Myasarie quietly says, "Nae sure either."

[combat]

Draccor darkly says, "One so far."

Leafiara: "Has anyone been attacked by the reapers twice or are they only taking one limb each?"

[combat]

Pietra: "They're probably only doing one from each so as to keep the mismatching theme going."

Maylan: "I've lost count of limbs."

[combat]

Hapenlok: "Well, they weren't able to make it all the way through my armor."

[combat]

Ysharra: "I believe empaths would have to be an exception to this theory."

Hapenlok: "Granted, my leg was badly broken."

[combat]

Speaking quietly to himself, Rudar says, "Gonna be fightin' a big monster made'a our legs in a minute, eh."

[combat]

Yukito: "I think I got it twice. It happened the first time I saved someone from one of them."

Hapenlok: "All that work I had the blacksmith do on my leg greaves, paid off."

[combat]

Maylan: "I lose track between which limbs were hacked off, and which limbs where healed off."

More screams erupt in town as a swarm of mangy grey tiny-toothed reapers scurry about, slipping in and out of homes and shops. As they make a hasty exit from town, some of them can be seen carrying arms and legs, some large, some more child size as they vanish out of sight, their chattering still heard within the depths of the woods.

Yukito: "The second time, I think it was once, but I lose track. Exactly."

[combat]

Hapenlok: "Oh, no."

[combat]

Maylan: "Seems like they got what they came for."

Roelon deeply says, "They takin' our limbs, oiy."

[combat]

Speaking quietly to Roblar, Xecnephias says, "If you get scared, you can hide behind me."

Evia asks, "But what will they use for the rest?"

Speaking to Roelon, Rudar says, "They gonna make a big ball a'em and bowl us over with 'em."

[extended combat]

Falvicar quietly says, "Roblicars."

[combat]

Leafiara says, "Is it that the reapers have withdrawn or that there are still more we aren't seeing..."

[combat]

Roblar deeply says, "Want to keep a reaver for pet."

[combat]

Roelon deeply asks, "What got her?"

The voice of Pietra says, "Have to watch your legs with a pet like that."

[combat]

Hapenlok: "Oh, half the north gate crew just went down."

[combat]

Shinann says, "I was just there."

[combat]

Hapenlok: "Form on me at the north gate!"

[combat]

Maags says, "Two heads."

[combat]

Maags says, "Poor thing."

[combat]

Falvicar quietly says, "Oof."

The sound of maniacal chittering erupts all around you as a swarm of small beady-eyed reapers scamper into view like a column of shifting dirt. The creatures are covered in tiny teeth and sharp claws and they quickly overwhelm Leafiara and pin her to the ground before a number of them rapidly saw through her leg with jagged fangs! Once they have the limb they loudly screech and carry it off, leaving the rest of her behind.

Some shiny red zelnorn chain mail emblazoned with a large white leaf partially deflects the onslaught of the slashing attack.

... 33 points of damage!

Powerful slash!

Leafiara's right leg is severed at the knee!

Leafiara screams and falls to the ground grasping her mangled left leg!

She is stunned!

[extremely extended combat]

Hapenlok: "I don't rightly know what happened. I think one of the giants threw a spell back at us."

[combat]

Guarrin: "Location of Yukito?"

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Roelon deeply says, "Whoa."

Leafiara: "Yes, they can reflect magic, it seems..."

[very extended combat]

Hapenlok: "I've taken charge at the north gate, temporarily."

[combat]

Hapenlok: "We're holding, but everyone needs to form on me."

A town archer screams as a krolvin-troll abomination scales the tower, leaping up and over the rampart to come face to face with the quivering soldier. The krolvin-troll snarls and slices into the human archer, taking its long thin claws and peeling open the front of the man's skin. With its huge hands it grabs the dangling folds of skin and with one giant tear, yanks half of the flesh off of the archer like a blanket torn from a baby. The archer screams, his sinewy insides exposed and collapses as the troll-krolvin snacks on the skin before leaping off the tower and disappearing into the woods, carrying handfuls of all that remains.

Hapenlok: "Just in case."

[combat]

Asben: "Do you need help there Hapenlok?"

Maylan: "We are holding."

[combat]

Hapenlok: "No, we're fine."

Pietra: "That was super icky."

[combat]

Draccor yells, "Thats it?"

[combat]

Hapenlok: "But I won't say no to a little help."

Draccor yells, "Moar blood!"

[combat]

Hapenlok: "A reflected spell kind of made things a little shaky."

[extended combat]

Leafiara recites:

"Join up!"

[Cryheart had died]

[very extended combat]

The voice of Pietra says, "Awww, nah."

[combat]

Draccor darkly asks, "Something I said?"

[combat]

Leafiara says, "Whew..."

[combat]

Shinann: "How does it look in town?"

[combat]

Draccor yells, "Im not impressed yet!"

[combat]

Guarrin: "Clear around the square."

[combat]

Shinann: "Thank you."

[combat]

Hapenlok: "The mana flows are focused at the north gate, so if you're a bard, don't be singing that power song."

[combat]

The town guard says, "I hear they discovered a new valley somewhere around the old graveyard. I don't see how you could miss something as big as a valley all these years, but then we don't get the sort of folk in this town that we used to either."

[combat]

Speaking darkly to a town guard, Draccor says, "Good talk."

[combat]

Draccor darkly asks, "What no more?"

Xecnephias quietly says, "They be back in 9 months."

A squat half-skinned troglodyte ambles in.

Leafiara says, "Or now."

Bernadette softly says, "A brief respite."

You are buffeted by a sudden gust of wind, as an angry four-armed giant rushes in!

[SMR result: 129 (Open d100: 85)]

Rudar is knocked to the ground!

[etc. for everyone]

Speaking darkly to a town guard, Draccor says, "Way to stand your ground."

[very extended combat]

Falvicar quietly says, "Ye had to ask."

[extended combat]

Hapenlok: "I think that was the last wave."

A patchwork krolvin-troll abomination ambles in!

[combat]

Akenna: "I'm sorry if I keep hitting your animate with fire, it isn't intentional, I swear."

[combat]

Leafiara: "Not quite."

[combat]

Falvicar quietly says, "Oof."

[combat]

Xecnephias quietly says, "Oops."

[combat]

Darconas melodically asks, "Is there multiple groups in this room?"

Leafiara exclaims, "Hopefully not!"

Leafiara says, "There's at very least mine..."

The voice of Pietra exclaims, "Join Leafiara!"

Xecnephias quietly says, "Join Leafiara."

Darconas melodically says, "Roblar has a different group."

Leafiara says, "Ahh."

[combat]

Xecnephias quietly says, "Roblar is a one man group."

[combat]

Leafiara says, "Well, we're not having trouble coordinating annyway, so..."

[extended combat]

Draught says, "Bloody hell."

[combat]

Falvicar quietly says, "Bah."

[extended combat]

Leafiara curiously asks, "Was *that* the last of them?"

Leafiara says, "Mm..."

Darconas melodically exclaims, "Hope not!"

Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean asks, "Who is them, anyway?"

Bernadette softly says, "Prolly not."

Darconas melodically says, "That wasn't even a warmup."

Speaking quietly to Leafiara, Xecnephias says, "Again, yes it was."

Dergoatean says, "I just showed up and we were under attack."

Evia exclaims, "They don't have a leg to stand on!"

Speaking to Dergoatean, Leafiara says, "Mercenaries and patchwork creatures working for a general nicknamed 'The Fist'."

Berost deeply says, "More like a distraction is all."

Draccor yells, "What no shadowy black bears or vathors?"

Speaking quietly to Dergoatean, Xecnephias says, "Scared em ya did."

Dergoatean says, "What a jerk."

Speaking to Dergoatean, Leafiara says, "Here to harvest our limbs for... some reason."

Dergoatean says, "This fist."

Evia says, "Silly army of arms."

Speaking to Leafiara, Pietra says, "Lunch."

Darconas melodically asks, "Can't they just hire a bunch of sorcerers?"

Bernadette softly asks, "Has the Fist made an appearance yets?"

Shinann: "Who are you... who is sending these things to our town?"

Leafiara wryly says, "With a name like 'the Fist,' you'd think he'd only be taking arms."

Myasarie quietly says, "Nae give them any idea's."

Guarrin asks, "Fist?"

Fineg says, "Anyone seen the guard."

Falvicar quietly says, "The fist makes me think he wants hands."

There is some rustling in the woods, but nothing and no one comes.

Draccor darkly says, "The guard was here."

Zosopage says, "They are starting to fear us."

Xecnephias quietly says, "Good job."

Fineg says, "There he is."

Shinann: "Come out and show yourself."

Leafiara whispers something to Guarrin.

Speaking to Zosopage, Rudar says, "Or they're fearin' something else back there."

Zosopage says, "Or that."

Speaking approvingly to Shinann, Leafiara says, "I like the challenge."

Leafiara yells, "Bring it on!"

Bernadette softly says, "We aint movin."

Shinann can offer Leafiara only a blank expression.

Fineg says, "Mayor says bring it on."

Speaking confusedly to Shinann, Leafiara says, "What? You just said it too, more or less."

A roar echoes in the distance, further away.

Draught says, "Oh."

Evia roars!

Darconas melodically says, "Well."

Roelon deeply says, "They runnin'."

Balinworn says, "Yeah, well...."

Darconas melodically says, "That sounds fun."

Balinworn roars!

Roelon deeply says, "They got what they wanted,"

Roelon deeply says, "Our flesh."

Shinann says, "I want the leader... but we will not see that one."

Xecnephias quietly says, "But which way."

Shinann says, "I think."

Evia yells, "And don't come back!"

A second roar can be heard, fainter than the first.

Leafiara optimistically says, "If the leader does come, maybe we can end this tonight."

Cryheart: "It sounds like they are retreating."

Balinworn roars!

Balinworn roars!

Balinworn roars!

Zosopage says, "They will retreat to regroup for another time."

Speaking to Yukito, Guarrin asks, "Enjoying the front line?"

Balinworn yells, "Yeah well, I roar just as loud and twice as obnoxiously. So there!"

Myasarie quietly says, "Have a feeling he willnae be coming at least nae this night."

Speaking speculatively to Zosopage, Leafiara says, "Well, maybe... or maybe they got enough limbs."

Bernadette softly says, "Fer now mebbe."

Asben asks, "Did we win?"

Speaking to Balinworn, Guarrin says, "Knocked some rust off this evening."

Roelon deeply says, "If they can make these things with beasts flesh. What will they make with our."

Evia yells, "Come back and we'll rip off our own arm and beat you to death with it, and sew it back on, so there!"

Zosopage says, "Even beasties need to sleep."

Roelon deeply says, "Ah mean, ah could use another arm, or head...."

Speaking darkly to Leafiara, Draccor says, "This would have never happened if I was the constable."

Speaking to Roelon, Leafiara says, "That's what Faerinn, Xorus, and I have probably been wondering for over a month."

Maylan: "Have they all left?"

Arav: "Probably not."

Bernadette softly says, "Mebbe hes seein about how we aer at fitin."

Shinann says, "I will check in town."

Balinworn: "It is because I roared back, Sir. In the most ridiculous, obnoxious way I could think of. I suspect that confused and terrified them into retreating."

Zosopage: "I think they may have retreated to rest and regroup."

Darconas melodically says, "Well seems like that's it for today."

Speaking to Leafiara, Eugenides declares, "I'm alive!"

Leafiara dubiously says, "Hm, well... it's seemingly like they've withdrawn."

Speaking deeply to Leafiara, Roelon says, "It cannae be good at all."

Speaking quietly to Yukito, Falvicar says, "You were wonderful."

Lylia: "I believe that is precisely what happened. Roar at the beginning of the battle next time, please, and perhaps we may stave it off."