Remove Curse (315)
This spell allows the caster to remove a curse placed on an item.
All coefficients are equal between clerics and sorcerers. There is no random roll. Whichever caster has the higher strength wins. Additionally, clerics receive an immense bonus to Remove Curse if Neutralize Curse (309) is cast first (see the template discussion page for more about this).
The strength formula for a Curse and/or Remove Curse on an item is based on the following factors:
- Discipline and Aura bonuses
- Appropriate spell ranks for each caster (Sorcerer or Cleric Base circles). Spell ranks count significantly more than lore ranks.
- Ranks in the appropriate lore (Summoning for Curse, Blessings for Remove Curse)
- Level (the coefficient for this is reduced if the spell is not native to the caster)
The caster can access the previous version of Neutralize Curse (formerly 309) by using evoke.
Spiritual Lore, Blessings increases the spell strength when attempting to remove a curse.
The ITEM suddenly glows with an intensely bright light!
- Cleric Base Spells: Remove Curse, on Play.net