The Shimmer Trinket (aka, shimmering trinket) is a pin-worn, non-functional item that allows a character to retain a certain appearance, even after adding or removing other worn inventory items while the trinket is activated. The script was created by GM Estild and released at Ebon Gate in August 2017 via raffle. It became generally available in February 2018 in Spellbound, and has upgrades for number of sides and charges.
You analyze your shimmering trinket and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions. The creator has also provided the following information: The shimmering trinket is a "Shimmer Trinket", which can store the appearance of wearable items and project them over your normal clothing when it's worn. Just wear whatever items you want in whatever order you desire, then ATTEND the trinket. Once worn, it will only display those items while concealing all others. You may also CLEAN it to remove the previously stored appearance. If it is deactivated due to running out of charges, after it is recharged, you may PROD it to turn it back on. TURN will enable/disable how exact of an item must match in your inventory to be used (for items that shift in description). PUSH will rotate between the available appearance sets. It is not currently active, but is using set 1 (out of 1): nothing special at this time. The trinket must be periodically recharged by casting Shroud of Deception (1212) at it or by merchants. A charge is depleted when the trinket is set to an appearance and every 30 days thereafter. You can tell that the trinket is as light as it can get.
When sold off the shelf, a trinket has 3 charges (while other rare releases can include more). Each charge lasts for 30 days (so by default, you only have to recharge the trinket every 3 months), then can be recharged by monks via Shroud of Deception (1212) or spell recharging merchants. Shimmering certificates (such as the ones sold at Spellbound in Bloodriven Village) can unlock the trinket, adding 1 maximum charge. It can be unlocked as many times as you want (i.e. with 9 unlocks, the trinket will last 12 months between full charges). Once on the last charge and it will expire in 7 days or less, you'll get a warning a few seconds after every login. Elemental Detection (405) and loresinging can provide details on the current and maximum charges the trinket has, with the latter providing the most information.
When sold off the shelf, a trinket has 1 appearance set. Glittering tickets (such as the ones sold at Spellbound in Bloodriven Village) can unlock the trinket, adding 1 additional set. Be aware that the more sets that are added the less items that can be stored in each set. No matter the number of total appearance sets, a trinket can only store the appearance of a set number of items, determined by the number of items in your largest set times the number of sets, up to 100. i.e. you can have 5 sets with 20 items each, but if one set has 21 items, you can then only have 4 sets (since 5 x 21 = 105, which is greater than 100, so not possible).
Items with Variable Appearances
TURNing the trinket will change it between "base appearance mode" and "variable appearance mode." If you have an item that can change appearance then "base appearance mode" on the trinket will only show the appearance that item had when the set was created with ATTEND. However, if the trinket is in "variable appearance mode" then the item displayed in the illusion will be based on the current appearance of the item itself. Some examples of items this feature is useful for include (but is not limited to): Joola items, RainboWear, and Metamorphic Alterations.
Some scripted items do not work well with Shimmer Trinkets. Below is a summary of known issues, not all of which can or will be resolved; inclusion in this list does not indicate the issue is a defect.
- Farusteri gown: changes to the underlying item, such as sleeves, noun or petticoat, are not reflected in a Shimmer Trinket
- Metamorphic Clothing: wearing two items of the same script may result in duplication in the Shimmer Trinket appearance (e.g. cloak + corset appears like 2 cloaks)
- Millicent gown: changes to the underlying item, such as color, material or noun, are not reflected in a Shimmer Trinket
- Petticoats: lacing (or unlacing) a petticoat and gown will not show the new long or short description in the Shimmer Trinket
- Joola items are compatible, but should be saved with a gem inserted. Saving the shimmer trinket's side with the Joola's non-gem base may result in it disappearing from the shimmer trinket display entirely. Additionally, if the item is built with no adjective (e.g. "a,,shirt" -> a shirt with a gemstone brooch), then the shimmer trinket may not honor changing out the gems or the non-gemmed side. Note: If the adjective (middle 15) field of the Joola item's 15/15/15 is blank, it will not work properly with shimmer trinkets.
- Sprite Armor: detail of issue unknown
- Shroud of Deception (1212): inventory feature of this spell may prevent trinket inventory from displaying
- Illusion prop: may require removing and re-wearing illusion prop relic to display its illusion. Relics will also appear in the character's worn inventory regardless of hidden status.