Elanith is the main known continent of the world of Elanthia.
The continent's main regions:
- Darkstone Bay: Wehnimer's Landing and the original lands of adventure
- Northern Frontier: Icemule Trace, Pinefar, and the Top of the World
- Turamzzyrian Empire (River's Rest, Solhaven and the Sea of Fire are accessible to adventurers)
- Elven Nations (Ta'Vaalor, Ta'Illistim, and Cysaegir are accessible)
- Dwarven Under-Grounds (Zul Logoth partially accessible)
- Great Western Sea: Kharam Dzu
- Southron Wastes and Rhoska-Tor, a land of demons, fiends, and the undead (mostly inaccessible to adventurers)
An overview of the history of the known world, as recorded in the Chronicles, may be found in:
A variety of races call Elanith home: Human, Giantman, Elf, Half-Elf, Dark Elf, Sylvankind, Dwarf, Halfling, Forest Gnome, and Burghal Gnome. Other races are recently arrived on the continent: Half-Krolvin, Aelotoi, and Erithian.
Lands of Adventure
The great continent of Elanith is fraught with dangers known and unknown. Wild beasts, ferocious monsters and terrors unnamed wander the lands. However, many strongholds and safehavens have made a stand against the chaos and have prospered. Most young adventurers get their start within the harbor town of Wehnimer's Landing, the Halfling town of Icemule Trace or the Elven city of Ta'Vaalor. Many other towns exist for travel, trade and exploration, including the mining town of Kharam Dzu on Teras Isle, the free port of Solhaven, the town of River's Rest, and the Pinefar Trading Post far to the north. For those that dare to cross the great Dragonspine mountain range, the Dwarven city of Zul Logoth provides an unlikely resting spot along the Locksmehr Trail which leads to the great city of Ta'Illistim and the hamlet of Sylvarraend, each part of the magical Elven Nations.
Behind the Scenes
Several very old stories and NPCs refer to the continent as Jontara, with "Elanith" meaning only the Darkstone Bay region. Elanith is also a substitute word for Quellburn, a ruined I.C.E. Age city on the High Plateau. There was also a Kingdom of Elanith (loosely based on Quellburn) in the River's Rest region a thousand years ago. Thus, Elanith actually has four meanings, but usually implies the continent.