Rumor Woods is an expansion to Summit Academy that was first run in June 2019 and introduced mounts to Gemstone, along with jousting. Similar to Duskruin Arena, the majority of transactions are handled without merchant interaction. This event offers the same customization options found during the original runs of Summit Academy and adds the Rumor Woods expansion where players can play games, buy mounts, customize them, and buy gear for themselves or their mounts. To read some of the history of Rumor Woods, visit Stories of Rumor Woods.
- 2022 - June 10, 9p - June 26, 11:59p
- 2021 - June 11, 9p - June 27, 11:59p
- 2020 - June 19, 9p - June 30, 11:59p
- 2019 - June 1, 12p - June 16, 11:59p
The featured currency for Rumor Woods is raikhen which is used to purchase mounts, mount accessories, and various other goods and/or automated services. It can be earned through jousting, the fox hunt, and the new pixie hunt.
- Jousting - Those who are interested in jousting must first choose which side they will ride for. They will then don traditional jousting gear, saddle up on their steed of choice, and prepare for battle! Jousting wins will be tallied toward your faction’s total, and once the event ends, those aligned with the winning side will receive not only bragging rights, but new titles as well!
- Fox Hunt - The Fox Hunt is a quick chase to find the cunning fox. Adventurers have 90 seconds to track down the fox to be awarded currency and other prizes! Finding other fauna in Rumor Woods will also come with rewards! Some lucky hunters will be awarded a special bugle that can be used to summon a new pet fox (initial release 2020).
- Pixie Hunt - New in 2021. The Pixie Hunt is similar to the original Fox Hunt, but you need to track down a pixie instead. Some lucky hunters will be awarded a special morning glory that can be used to summon a new pet dragonfly.
- Mount Customizations
- Mount-related equipment
Note: All customizations are premade only.
- Spell prep customizations - Both individual and full spell circles
- List of Summit Academy custom swears
- Log on/off messaging
- List of Summit Academy custom logon/off options
- Signature verbs
- List of Summit Academy signature verbs
- Feature options - Including body type (exclusive)
- List of Summit Academy feature alteration options
Rumor Woods has a vast array of interesting areas to visit, rest, and potentially roleplay at.
Portal or Travel Info
Use QUEST TRANSPORT RUMOR in order to transport to Sylinar's Spire, Courtyard. From there, they can travel to the existing Summit Academy and to the Rumor Woods expansion.
Use QUEST HELP RUMOR in order to obtain updated information regarding Rumor Woods.
Entry to Rumor Woods can be gained by purchasing a marker from the Simucoin store. Entries can be used for jousting, fox hunt, or pixie hunt.
|Rumor Woods Entries (250 uses)||25,000||250 entries into Rumor Woods||A Circular Vaalin Sunburst Marker|
|Rumor Woods Entries (100 uses)||10,000||100 entries into Rumor Woods||A Circular Laje Sunburst Marker|
|Rumor Woods Entries (50 uses)||5,000||50 entries into Rumor Woods||A Circular Golden Sunburst Marker|
|Rumor Woods Entries (25 uses)||2,500||25 entries into Rumor Woods||A Circular Silver Sunburst Marker|
|Rumor Woods Entries (10 uses)||1,000||10 entries into Rumor Woods||A Circular Bronze Sunburst Marker|
|Rumor Woods Entries (1 uses)||100||1 entry into Rumor Woods (jousting, fox hunt)||A Circular Tin Sunburst Marker|
- 2022 teasers and saved posts
- 2021 teasers and saved posts
- 2020 teasers and saved posts
- 2019 teasers and saved posts
- Town Crier Rumor Woods Teaser Archive
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Rumor Woods"
The following 21 pages are in this category, out of 21 total.