Travel by caravan is subject to possible ambushes. Adventurers who frequently visit the Sanctum may find special bone periapts, which are charged by defeating Sanctum creatures and can be used to open a portal from a Luukosian holy site beneath Solhaven to the Sanctum and vice versa. The periapt glows ever brighter as the charges, from empty to full:
- The periapt's inlaid emerald is dun, devoid of any power. (empty)
- The periapt's inlaid emerald glows faintly with a greenish light. (not enough to summon a portal)
- The periapt's inlaid emerald radiates a halo of steady viridescent light.
- The periapt's inlaid emerald is suffused with a vivid green iridescence.
- The periapt's inlaid emerald shines brightly, like a tiny viridian star.(full)
The Sea of Fire region outside the Sanctum is a maze where teleportation magic is blocked. Teleportation anchors such as gold rings or Wizard familiars can be set within the Sanctum for easier travel between the Sanctum and the Oasis. Moving within the desert maze deals heat (during the day) or cold (during the night) damage. Resist Elements helps in mitigating the damage. If you die in the desert, your body will be taken to the oasis.
The Sanctum area is subject to spell burst.
There are two ways to leave the Sanctum: The caravan service in the Oasis (no charge) or with a charged periapt in the privy.
Solhaven entry: (one west of caravansary entrance)