Need Some Clarification/s - Anyone Researched This Lately?
Nemt asked a question on lnet earlier, "Anyone know what rank in Voln, blesses will work on crit weighted gear?" Quite a few responses were received, many which did not agree, and none which directly addressed the "Voln ranks" part of the question. All were related to crit weighting or flares: ("I don't think it ever will?" vs. "Blessing occupies the flare slot." vs. "I didn't know there was a restriction, what with weighted items being able to be blessed for quite some time now" vs. "Flares work with weighting. Flares will negate a bless though." vs. "i think they changed it a few years back" vs. "It does work, just not for a lot of blesses"). This is just a small sampling of information and misinformation that exists about Blessing.
I would like to do some research, if no one can offer up any here already, to check the following blesses:
Test Blessing By Whom:
- Voln member of 5/10/15/20/master ranks: using Symbol of Blessing
---Voln rank 18, +32 vaalorn weapon with crit and damage weighting DID NOT BLESS--ECHEAUX (talk) 20:28, 25 October 2019 (CDT)
---Voln rank master, +32 vaalorn weapon with crit and damage weighting DID BLESS--ECHEAUX (talk) 20:28, 25 October 2019 (CDT)
- Cleric with 5/10/15/20/25/39/40/41/50/75 ranks of Cleric Spell Circle: using Bless (304)
---Cleric with 26 ranks of Cleric spells, +32 vaalorn weapon with crit and damage weighting DID NOT BLESS with 304--ECHEAUX (talk) 20:28, 25 October 2019 (CDT)
---Cleric with 71 ranks of Cleric spells, +32 vaalorn weapon with crit and damage weighting DID BLESS with 304--ECHEAUX (talk) 20:28, 25 October 2019 (CDT)
- Cleric of Level 5/10/15/20/25/50/75/capped: using Pure potion
- Cleric of Level 5/10/15/20/25/50/75/capped: using Minor holy oil
- Non-Cleric of Level 5/10/15/20/25/50/75/capped: using Pure potion
- Non-Cleric of Level 5/10/15/20/25/50/75/capped: using Minor holy oil
- Non-Cleric of Level 5/10/15/20/25/50/75/capped: using a scroll with spell 304 on it
- Non-Cleric of Level 5/10/15/20/25/50/75/capped: using a gem imbedded with 304 by cleric
Test Blessing On What:
- Normal weapon (plain/ora/vultite)
- Weapon with flares (plain/ora/vultite)
- Weapon with crit weighting (plain/ora/vultite)
- Normal armor (plain/ora/vultite)
- Armor with flares (plain/ora/vultite)
- Armor with damage weighting (plain/ora/vultite)
Hope To Find Out and Make Clearer in Article:
- Bless Success: by the above folks on the above weapons
- Bless Duration: in each of the above cases
- Historic Dates: when cleric/Voln/purepotion blessing changed
- Historic Changes: on each of those historic dates
- "Blessing Timeline/History": written in past tense at the bottom of the main Blessing article, to tell the types of blessing that were available in the past (this will help correct misinformation put out by well-meaning players returning from a long absence). The spell name for Bless has certainly changed over the years, from Holy Blade, to Bless Item, to Bless. I'm not sure how that fits in to the timeline of blessing changes, but it is at least a beginning of a timeline perhaps, but I do not have the appropriate dates of those changes. I know that Voln bless at some point in history also changed.
- Armor Blessing: What is the benefit of blessing armor? I didn't get an answer from the gswiki Blessing article so i want to be sure that is covered because it is also a confusing element of blessing
Thanks to Nemt for this, his Research, so far: For a weapon +28 or +30 SWCW: -Voln bless at Rank 15 is NOT possible -Voln bless at Rank 16 is NOT possible -Voln bless by Voln Master IS possible Voln Bless, Failure Messaging: "A wave of power flows outward from you towards some dark leather gloves. A brilliant white light wraps around the gloves for a moment, but it quickly returns to normal." Voln Bless, Success Message: "A brilliant white light wraps around the gloves for a moment and then quickly seeps into its surface, leaving a soft white afterglow."
It may be awhile (6 months) before I can test the above extensively. I plan to keep posting updates from Nemt, but contact me if you are able to help in the meantime. And thanks Nemt for the help so far already. And if there are others who have tested and can rule out the need for any of the above tests... thank you in advance.