Symbol of Blessing
|Order of Voln - edit|
|Voln, the Great Spirit|
|The History of the Order of Voln|
The Symbol of Blessing, governed by Eonak, is obtained at the second rank of the Order of Voln. Members will be able to use this symbol to bless combat gear with an enchantment bonus equal to their (Voln rank × 2).
For example, a rank 2 member will be able to bless weapons with a +4 enchantment bonus, a rank 10 member will be able to bless +20 enchant bonus items (Vultite), and at rank 25 members will be able to bless any blessable magical metal. Maximum item enchant bonus is +50. These items are commonly referred to as 10x.
- Weapon must be blessable and free of any bless. Will not function with flared weapons.
- Each swing will reduce the number of blesses remaining by one. This includes swings that do not connect with a target.
- Is not effective on aquamarine wands.
- Hold (WEAPON) in right hand and type SYMBOL OF BLESSING MY <WEAPON NAME> to employ the symbol.
Number of Blesses
Example for a level 20 member at voln rank 18
Weapons with weighting will receive a bless of shorter duration. The number of swings reduced by weighting is derived from the total number of services (not CER) the item has. If an item has multiple types of WPS services, they are summed for the purposes of the calculation (i.e. 150 crit and 50 damage services would be treated as 200)
|services||swings per service|
|0 - 150||1|
|150 - 300||1.5|
50 crit service: 50 swing reduction
200 damage services: 150 + (1.5 * 50) = 225 swing reduction
200 crit services and 500 damage services: 700 combined services = 150 + (150 * 1.5) + (400 * 3) = 1575 swing reduction
Symbol Use Favor Cost
Favor cost is based on the member's level. See Table for specific examples. The favor cost for blessing magical items is approximately 5x greater than non-magical items.
Q. How does this work for low level characters? Will they run out of favor blessing their own weapon?
A. Very likely not. A level 4 character is granted the ability to perform one Sym of Blessing (non magical item) for each level 1 undead creature released.
Q. How many swings is that?
A. 8 swings for a level 4, rank 2 member.
- Number of blesses = (level + (Rank * 2)
First person usage:
>symbol of blessing my broadsword A wave of power flows outward from you towards a golden vultite broadsword. A brilliant white light wraps around the broadsword for a moment and then quickly seeps into its surface, leaving a soft white afterglow.
Third person observation:
A wave of power flows out of (Person) and toward a golden vultite broadsword. A brilliant white light wraps around the broadsword for a moment and then quickly seeps into its surface, leaving a soft white afterglow.
Obtaining Symbol of Blessing
Talk to the second monk on the Path to Enlightenment for instructions. Upon obtaining the requisite favor and completing the assigned task, the monk will teach the member the Symbol of Blessing.
Favor Required to Obtain Symbol of Blessing
Monk's Teaching and Instruction Highlights
- Each step along the Path to Enlightenment is governed by a Lord or Lady of Liabo.
- Each of the thirteen Lords and Ladies governs two steps along the Path.
- Voln is an immortal power serving the Lady Lorminstra.
- Normal weapons do not have any effect on undead. They require a bless.
Wehnimer's Landing Task
- First, craft a heavy slab of iron.
- From the entrance to the kobold mines on the Old Mine Road, go: SE, S, S, SW, SW, S, SW, S, S, SE, SW, CLIMB BANK, GO BRIDGE, W, W, NW, SW, S, SE, S, SE, S, S, S, SW, E, NE. (Lich Room #451)
- Now, type: PUT IRON IN LAKE.
- Return to the monk (Lich 18211) to receive your symbol.
- Start at the Victory Gate, and go: SW, SW, SW, SW, SW, S, GO TRACK, N, GO DOOR, E.
- Now, search the machinery until a piece of metal is found.
- To return, go: W, GO DOOR, S, GO TRACK, N, NE, NE, GO BRIDGE, NE, NE, GO GATE, E, E, E, E, E, E, N, E, N, GO WEAPON.
- GIVE (verb) the metal to the shop owner, Aerhseth.
- Return to the monk to receive your symbol.