Akenna Laeraun is an half-elf from the Wyrdeep Forest. The daughter of Rýnor Laeraun Nalfein and Gardenia of the Wyrdeep. She learned magic and other skills under the tutelage of her grandmother, Essylda Hithneth of the Wyrdeep.
Akenna was the only daughter of Gardenia of the Wyrdeep and Rýnor Laeraun Nalfein. She often refers to her mother and grandmother as “Wyrdeep Folk”. Gardenia died shortly after giving birth to Akenna. This left Akenna’s family settlement in the Wyrdeep in peril as their mixture of both fey and elves and half-elves were not well received by other opposing fey factions who did not believe in harmonious relations with the races that originated outside of the forest; as well as constant incursions from troll, ogres and orcs. Gardenia and Hithneth were staunch and powerful protectors of the settlement, having been well seasoned in protecting the forest against the vicious movements against the forest by the New Turmazyrian Empire.
With Gardenia gone Hinneth decided that Akenna would have to replace her mother as a protector.
Akenna’s lessons consisted of learning Elven, Kannalan, and Fey (spoken and written). She excelled in elemental magic. Though she learned the basics and application of Fey magic, she struggled with more elaborate applications of the magic. This spurred her grandmother and the other Essylda to resort to drastic measures to make Akenna more receptive to it.
These drastic applications not only made Akenna distance herself from her grandmother but also came under objection by her father Rýnor who strictly forbade anymore alterations to his daughter's physical composition.
Around 5082 Akenna met a man named Daerd Briqunn during a trip to market with her father to sell furs. The two soon fell in love and eloped against the expressed wishes of Akenna’s father and especially her grandmother, the Essylda. This lead to her grandmother not speaking to Akenna for over thirty years. Akenna and Daerd were farmers in a village that bordered the Wyrdeep. Despite many the problems they encountered with the locals. Akenna gave up her practice of magic as she was not registered with the Hall of Mages. They lived relatively peaceful lives until the year of 5112 when Daerd passed away. Being Hathyln and having no claim to their land, Akenna went back to her settlement in the Wyrdeep.
From 5112 to 5118 Akenna lived at the settlement in the Wyrdeep. Here she helped her father with training others in the settlement how to trap. She slowly began to take up magic once more. During this time Akenna tried to reconcile with her grandmother, but the effort was fruitless. Before long, Akenna decided to leave the Wyrdeep and expand her training in the elements. Due to the restrictions of the Hall of Mages inside the empire, she decided to go to the Frontier to practice and learn.
- Solhaven: Akenna Arrived in Solhaven in late 5118. Due to some traumatic events and meeting a magister there, Akenna decided to move to the Elven Nations.
- Ta’Vaalor: Akenna spent many months in the fortress. She made fast friends with many there. During that time she also discovered Mist Harbor and the conflicts there.
- Mist Harbor: With the help of her friend Avawren, Akenna became part of the Militia. She soon grew to love the town and even settled there. In the year of 5119 she was caught up in the defnse of the Harbor against Nazhor and The Flock.
She aided Elspie in becoming the new meek for the world to take Nazhor’s place. To this day, she bears the mark of the role on her face. She has staunchly defended the island from its enemies. Namely, The Flock. You can generally find Akenna in Ta’Illistim, Mist Harbor, and occasionally, The Landing.
- You see Akenna Laeraun the Hedgewizard.
- She appears to be a Half-Elf.
- She is of a slight height and has a balletic body. She appears to be young. She has sizable dark blue-green eyes and honey-freckled, creamy white skin. She has long, deep sienna hair pulled back into a sleek bun and skewered through by a smooth wyrwood hairpin crowned with a single periwinkle feystone tine. She has a cherubic face and petal pink, bow-shaped lips. The ridges of her long, pointed ears each bear three naturally occurring notches, and a graceful aquamarine pattern climbs the left side of her neck, curls around her cheekbone, and splits into tendrils that encircle her left eye.
- She has rings of cobalt and aquamarine sigils inked on her left palm.
Within a gold unified frame, is an onyx rose on a field of jade, it is above a wreath of wyrwood leaves. A flourish of latticed hawthorn branches graces the upper left. The left side is left empty, to the right a fall of three jet falcon feathers.
Akenna is a Master Cobbler. She takes commissions for her work and sells a shoe line out of a glyph-etched limestone shop in Ta'Illistim (Lich ID: 641)