Predator's Eye/saved posts

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search
Category: Rogues
Topic: Developer's Corner - Rogues
Message #: 1478314
Author: GS4-OSCURO
Date: 07/11/2012 02:49 AM EDT
Subject: Rogue CMs

With the release of Monks comes a bevy of new Combat maneuvers. Note that some of these fall into the new type of Combat Maneuver called a Martial Stance. Martial Stances are relatively strong, passive abilities that last four hours once activated or until another Martial Stance becomes activated, thus a character can only have one Martial Stance active at a time. Three new combat maneuvers are available to Rogues. Thanks goes to GM Finros for coding them, GM Oscuro for designing them, and to GMs Mestys and Estild for review and QC. The CMs are:

Skill Name: Duck and Weave
Mnemonic: weave
Hostile: No
Stamina Cost: 30, with a 5 minute cooldown period during which the reactivation cost triples to 90.
Other Requirements: Training in Dodging and Multi Opponent Combat is recommended.
Available to: Rogues, Monks.
Prerequisites:
Evade Mastery (at rank 2)
CMP Cost:
Rank 1: (Squares) 4
Rank 2: (Squares) 8
Rank 3: (Squares) 12
Description: A 30 second boost to one's evasion chance, with lighter armor granting a higher bonus. Upon evading an attack, there is a chance that the attack can be redirected against another enemy in the same room. This redirection chance is based upon ranks in this maneuver, dodge ranks, multi-opponent combat ranks, agility and influence bonuses, and being in a more offensive stance.
Skill Name: Slippery Mind
Mnemonic: slipperymind
Hostile: No
Stamina Cost: 20.
Other Requirements: None.
Available to: Rogues, Monks.
Prerequisites:
None
CMP Cost:
Rank 1: (Squares) 4
Rank 2: (Squares) 8
Rank 3: (Squares) 12
Description: This is a Martial Stance. While under its effects, you have a chance to avoid the effects of warding spells outright. This chance is 9% per rank while wearing cloth armor, 7% per rank in leather armor, 5% per rank in scale armor, 3% per rank in chain armor, and 1% per rank in plate armor.
Skill Name: Predator's Eye
Mnemonic: predator
Hostile: No
Stamina Cost: 20.
Other Requirements: A melee weapon with Base Weapon Speed 3 or less.
Available to: Rogues.
Prerequisites:
None
CMP Cost:
Rank 1: (Squares) 4
Rank 2: (Squares) 6
Rank 3: (Squares) 8
Description: This is a Martial Stance. You have deadly aim when ambushing with light weapons. Your chance to hit the body part you aim for increases by 4% at rank 1, 7% at rank 2 and 10% at rank 3.

GameMaster Oscuro

Category: Rogues
Topic: Developer's Corner - Rogues
Message #: 1478386
Author: GS4-OSCURO
Date: 07/16/2012 01:15 AM EDT
Subject: Re: Rogue CMs

>Does predator's eye work with hurling? IE: do I get the bonus if I hurl a dagger rather than stab with it?

Yes. It also works while hidden or in the open. It does not work with any Ranged weapons.

>Will this push a rogues chance of hitting the aim location up to 100% or will it hit the same threshold that is placed on training? And am I misremembering or do a rogues chances to hit where they aiming diminish against targets that are higher in level?

For some body locations, it's possible to hit them with a max of 95% chance. The aiming formula works like this: First, there's a roll to check for a fumble with a 5% chance (where you either can't find an opening, or you just hit a random area), then it takes skills and stats into account and caps success at 95% if over it, then it applies a location penalty based on body location and whether the target was sitting, standing or prone. The Predator's Eye bonus occurs at the same computational moment as the body location penalty. The Predator's Eye bonus will always be useful (not applying to an already capped value) for head, neck and eye shots. In some circumstances, aiming at other locations would already receive a 95% chance of hitting (100% minus that initial fumble roll).

GameMaster Oscuro

Category: Rogues
Topic: Developer's Corner - Rogues
Message #: 1478456
Author: GS4-OSCURO
Date: 07/16/2012 08:38 AM EDT
Subject: Re: Rogue CMs

>Does that mean, even with maxed out training that you won't have a 95%(or capped out value) chance of hitting these locations?

Yes.

GameMaster Oscuro