Rumor Woods Teasers Archive by The TownCrier/2022 June
The June 2022 (June 10th-26th) Rumor Woods Event includes:
- Fox hunt
- Pixie Hunt - FINAL RUN
- Summit Academy Customizations in the shop What Remains - signature verbs, custom swears, features, spell preps, spell customizations, log-in and log-out messaging
- Weight Reduction provided by the Seamstress at Couturier's Retreat: This once-a-year service will apply a percentage of weight reducing to your favorite container/s. The higher the percentage, the higher the cost to have this done.
- Shop Listings at Rumor Woods 2022 (Give the wiki volunteers a few days after the festival opens to inventory ALL the shops and get them to the wiki.)
- Main Rumor Woods Article
- 2022 Saved Posts
- Review Shop Listings from previous years (for the curious)
New for 2022 Rumor Woods
- Rare mounts will be available for 50,000 raikhen and have some restrictions on their customization due to their unique availability.
- Common lizards can have their articles changed to giant, large, huge, or gargantuan. Discord
- Uncommon can have colossal, monstrous (except the monster), enormous, massive, gigantic, humungous, immense, mammoth, and ginormous.
18 New Shops and final call for 3 shops
Main Post: Announcement 11
New for 2022
- Barn with It - Equine treats
- Been Shanked Lately? - Shanking knife
- Bugs on Parade - Bug Jars and Specimen Boards
- Common Weaves - Tehir clothing shop
- Crafter's Hearth - crafting supplies
- Folded Lotus, The - delayed - Origami
- Horn and Mane - Mount-worn items for Unicorns
- Leaping Leezards - Mount-worn items for Lizards
- Lizard Nest, The - Lizard Food
- Lizard Vivarium - Lizard mounts
- Obsidian Raiment - Clothing of the Firstborn
- Of Sand and Rain - Perfume
- Off the Chain - Fancy Waist Chains
- Peaked Interest - Pup Tents
- Purls of Wisdom - Knitting
- Tempered Threads - Moody Garments
- Tiu & Qaiteke - Lizard saddles
- Woodn't Yew - WoodChopper Box
- Available at Tartan Cloth - a soft lamb's wool tartan cloth threaded in plum and blue hues
- Available at Kindred Garb - a soft lamb's wool plaid
Blended with lamb's wool and flax, the tartan fabric is incredibly soft and has a sky blue base. Horizontal and vertical setts of silver and plum hues face pinstripes of black and white alongside cobalt blue setts over an ebon-threaded pivot. Simple knots, bound by banded onyx, finish off the edges to create a short, thumb-thick fringe.
- Available in Flypaper Designs - a silver dragon and black unicorn tattoo
a piece of dragon-inked flypaper Twilight shades descend in gradient hues from plum to cobalt blue to create a background for a pair of combatants locked in battle. Silver scales, slashed and bleeding in areas, decorate the serpentine body of a dragon that twines about the muscular ebon form of a unicorn. Wings spread for balance, the larger beast appears to be taking as much damage from the hoof, horn, and teeth of his foe as he is giving. Unfurling beneath the piece is a thin ribbon emblazoned with words.
Tehir clothing and jewelry
Six new item types will be available for purchase, some previously detailed in lore documents, and two completely new.
Knitting Tools by GMs Vanah and Thandiwe
- Yarn storage comes to the Year of the -Ator, with each bowl holding up to 998 rows of 25 different skeins of yarn, with an unlock available to allow the bowl to hold your knitting needles weightlessly, and a second unlock to allow the creation of new yarn from approved materials.
- Thandiwe: Darning Awls: I will have the following "zests" available: Snood, Hairtie, pouch/bag, Shawl, Scarf, Hat, Mittens of which are all brand new knitted item scripts only. Vanah also has 2 but I don't know if she is ready to release those yet. Discord
- Awls: 750 each, Yawn bowls: 800, +300 T1, +500 T2, Pincushion: 1500
Bugs on Parade Bug Jar and Specimen Board by GMs Elysani, Casil, Caconym, Wylloh, and sometimes Xynwen
Nine hundred and seventy unique bug specimens have been introduced to the world, to be captured and collected... or used to decorate your stationery and jewelry!
- Each realm has its own set of bugs based on terrain and climate.
- Off-the-shelf, the jar can be used to convert each bug to one of four paper embellishment designs; BORDER, CORNERS, HEADER, WATERMARK
- Some bugs will let you PUSH foraged items at them to change the description of the paper, too.
- At Tier 2, unlock the ability to convert the bugs into gemstones for use with jewelry and gem-holding fluff.
- Paper-decorating bugs are single-use, but infinite in the environment similar to foraged items.
- Specimen boards will hold 25
-30stacks of unique bugs each, like some sort of bug-n-ator!
- The bugs cannot be eaten.
- Base Jar - 2500, Unlock - 750, Specimen Board - 2500
- Gem Bugs will work with the Dermal Piercer
Imbued Shroud Spirit Swap Certificates by GM Quilic
WoodChopper Box by GM Xeraphina
Available at Woodn't Yew, the WoodChopper Box allows one to convert wooden items (including runestaves) into forging blocks, and offers unlockable options such as toothpicks, weavable beads, foraged sticks, cobbling plates, fletching shafts, and hairpicks!
- Shields will not fit, and bowstring will give the box indigestion. Discord
- No woods with special properties (surita, firewheel, etc) or of the highest rarity (illthorn). Discord
- Alter fodder doodads, such as a branch of illthorn wood from the dig at Duskruin will work. Discord
- OTS Box - 1k, Tier Unlocks (2/3) - 250 each, Foraged sticks (T2) - 250, Weavable bead (T2), Cobbling mats (T3), Fletching shaft (T3) unlocks - 1k, Hairpick unlock (T3) - 2.5k
Charm Makers by GM Avaluka
Charmed, I'm Sure returns with an expanded back room and a new contraption (but-not-an-"ator") to allow you to convert all kinds of things into highly custom charms.
- Works AT FEET
- Charm Contraption pricing is: 1.5k - base contraption, 500 - unlock to allow you to add dye, 500 - +1 custom adjective slot, 500 - +1 custom design template slot.
Shank shank shank, shank shank shank, shank your meaty by GM Naiken and shop by GM Xayle
The new line of knives at Been Shanked Lately? can be used to create edible shanks from animals, cockatrices, and roa'ter. Mmm, raw meat!
Main Post by Thandiwe: Announcement 18
- Shanks can be cooked by casting fire or acid spells at them.
Clothing of the Firstborn by GM Valyrka
Origami by GMs Xynwen, Elysani, and Haliste
- Training certificates and patterns can be purchased now for use at a later time, no need to scramble! Discord
Fancy Waist Chains by GM Elidi
Sold at Off the Chain, fancy waist chains can be unlocked for additional fancy verbs, have gems inserted, and allow customization for adornments and chain material.
Teaser by Elidi: Discord
News and Updates
Something is bugging the GMs! But what is that. GMs Elysani, Casil, Caconym, Wylloh, (and sometimes Xynwen) have teamed up on something mysterious and have been flooding the Rumor Woods channel with photos of strange and otherworldly creatures. Could it be a BUGITEM? Discord
A handful of updates to accommodate our new lizard friends:
- GM Aiza has updated the tortoise paint to work on the FLANK of lizards.
- GM Haliste updated the gemstone piercing tool to work on lizards. Those locations are: neck, nose, tail, right & left foreleg, and right & left hind leg.
- GM Haliste and GM Galene have updated the riding boots to reflect lizard mounts.
- GM Haliste has updated the Ostler to handle mount feature changes for lizards.
Look a little longer! Lizard descriptions and customization options revealed: Announcement 14
- The home timer has increased from 10 minutes to 30 minutes, while a bolded message tells you that you can refresh the 30 minutes using HOLD on your summoning device.
- Mounts will now follow their owners, provided the location that they are traveling on foot to allows for mounts.
- All mounts are gaining the following additional verbs: beg, clench, pet, and prod (this is an automatic updated once it is live -- no need to purchase an unlock) Discord
- beg - owner only anytime
- clench - anyone when the owner is unmounted, the owner any time
- pet - anyone when the owner is unmounted, the owner any time
- prod - anyone when the owner is unmounted, the owner any time
- Kraken’s Fall Hunting and the new Solhaven Vineyard are being added to the eligible Fast Travel Locations.
GM Vanah has delivered a last minute shipment of s'mores supplies to Sweetie Pies, swing by for all your marshmallowy needs! Discord
The wiki has been updated with information regarding the Yarn bowl, Pincushion, and Darning awls, along with some of the associated zests.
Interested in capturing bugs? Learn more about Insects Changed by the Magical Landscape of Elanthia!
This page was last updated on Sunday, June 19, 2022 at 11:16:10 AM GMT.