Surcease/2019-12-29 Saving the children of Mist Harbor (log)

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search
This log is from premium storyline Surcease on December 29, 2019, from the viewpoint of Faerinn.

Summary

  • Greth expresses concern about the depth of the snow and the kids out there in it. Socius arrives and says "It's done...but it will take some time to take hold, I fear." He says they're doing everything they can and Greth says it isn't enough.
  • Greth asks that adventurers and Socius help to lead kids back to the Stumbling Pebble Bar II to keep them safe. He will help keep the children safe.
  • Adventurers work to rescue children.
  • Socius gives some information (not in the provided logs).
  • Penre continues to help with the children in Greth's place.
  • Greth explains that his child died when the child was four months old.
  • Greth explains that he asked Selbi and Socius to use their magic to turn Stumbling Pebble Bar II into a safe place.

GM Cast: Greth, Penre, Socius

Adventurers: Annelie, Akenna, Ceyrin, Faerinn, Juspera, Lady in Waiting Lynaera, Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit, Flockmaster Nehor, Relic Hunter Ordim, Lady Regwen, High Lady Rohese, High Lord Talinvor, Tatria, Telsas, Chatelaine Traiva, Xanthium, Defender of Mist Harbor Xilona

Log Snippets

Editor’s note: Many of the ambient noises or individuals interacting with each other outside of the scope of the events of the night have been removed from this retelling. Grammar and spelling has been corrected for ease of understanding. Actions have been combined in places to reduce the length while maintaining the atmosphere. Some conversational pieces that were meant to happen sequentially but did not due to the nature of parsing speech in the game (i.e., player A says one piece of information, player B asks a question, player A continues with more information, then player A answers the question) have been reordered (e.g., player A says both pieces of information, player B asks a question, player A answers the question) in every situation where it makes sense to do so and doesn’t disrupt the actual proceedings.

Preamble Chatter

[Stumbling Pebble Bar II]
Dried, cracked boards mingle with newer knotted pine planks as they spread across the floor from the swinging oak doors to the white oak bar.  Several half-cask chairs are arranged in circles around the room, their backs weathered and cracked, while plump couches face a fireplace that looks as if it has seen better days.  A scattering of cracked peanut shells litters the floor around an oversized bowl that is set upon a faded blue rug.  You also see an annoyed will-o-wisp spirit that is flying around, a pair of knitted pale yellow socks, a series of high barstools, a basket of sticks and Greth.
Also here: Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit, Defender of Mist Harbor Xilona who is sitting, Tatria who is sitting, Lady Regwen who is sitting, High Lady Rohese who is sitting, Chatelaine Traiva
Obvious exits: none

Xilona agrees with Rohese.

Rohese smiles at you.

Speaking to herself, Regwen says, "Literally."

You nod to Naamit, Rohese, and Traiva in greeting.

Rohese nods in greeting to you.

Traiva walks over to the couch and settles down.

Speaking softly to you, Rohese says, "Welcome in from the cold."

Speaking to Rohese, Xilona says, "She is the only one that can truly make me belly laugh."

Traiva flutters her wings at you.

You nod.

Rohese smiles at Xilona.

Xilona nods to you in greeting.

Speaking softly to Xilona, Rohese says, "She is a tonic."

You say, "I just got out of a steam and bath. So I can't feel it yet."

You perch atop one of the nearby high barstools and lean forward against the white oak bar.

Xilona agrees with Rohese.

Rohese smiles at you.

Tatria takes a bite of her rolton steak.

A pale white aura dances across Regwen's velvet-clad kuyak.

Regwen nods to you in greeting.

You nod to Regwen in greeting.

Xilona takes a drink from her whiskey-spiked coffee.
Xilona looks quite relaxed.

Rohese busily knits away at something with her golden knitting needles, the task taking up her complete attention.

Tatria spends some time haggling with Greth Rottgut.

Speaking softly to you, Rohese asks, "Has the snow abated much at all?"

Traiva says, "The fire should stay warm enough. I hope."

Rohese glances out.

Traiva glances at a weathered rough stone fireplace.

You ask, "How is everyone coping with the cold?"

Speaking to Traiva, Xilona says, "Much appreciated."

Speaking to Rohese, you say, "I don't think it has. If anything its picking up."

Rohese sighs.

Tatria takes a drink from her dirty glass of water.

Speaking softly to you, Rohese says, "I am grateful that Traiva has been keeping the fire going in here."

Naamit tilts her head up.

Tatria gags.

Naamit nods in greeting to you.

Tatria frowns at Greth.

Rohese busily knits away at something with her golden knitting needles, the task taking up her complete attention.

Xilona appears to be struggling to keep a straight face.

You wave to Naamit.

Speaking to Tatria, Xilona says, "You must be new."

Xilona removes a mug of whiskey-spiked coffee from in her green suede satchel.

Rohese smiles at Tatria.

Xilona offers Tatria a mug of whiskey-spiked coffee.

You say, "Sounds like something somone should get the kids to do."

Tatria declines Xilona's offer.

You glance at Greth.

Xilona nods once.

Speaking to Xilona, Tatria says, "Only drink water."

Rohese smiles quietly to herself.

Speaking to Tatria, Xilona asks, "Greth has some tea in the back, may I get you a cup?"

Speaking firmly to Greth, Tatria says, "Clean water."

Now and again, some resin hidden in the wood is ignited by the flames, and the fire snaps and crackles loudly.  The sweet smell of the resin permeates the air and fills your nostrils.

Speaking to Tatria, Traiva asks, "Did no one ever tell you water is hazardous to your health?"

You say, "At least here,"

Tatria gives Traiva a rather puzzled look.

Rohese busily knits away at something with her golden knitting needles, the task taking up her complete attention.

Xilona spends some time haggling with Greth Rottgut.

You say, "He'll boil it for prefered customers."

Xilona offers Tatria a small cup of ginger tea.

Speaking to Tatria, Naamit says, "The fountain in the plaza hasn't frozen over yet, though I caution you about drinking from it.  Women wash their clothes on those waters."

Speaking softly to Xilona, Rohese asks, "Might you order one for me too, please?"

Tatria looks over at Xilona and shakes her head.

Speaking to Rohese, Xilona asks, "Of course, do you prefer ginger or mint?"

Speaking gently to Xilona, Tatria says, "Only water, not water with dead leaves."

Xilona nods understandingly at Tatria.

Xilona says, "I tried."

Speaking softly to Xilona, Rohese says, "Ginger sounds very warming, I'd like that I think."

Xilona shrugs.

Traiva thoughtfully says, "I could try to trudge to Hale Hall. Paupers keeps iced tea stocked in our annex.. though it is cold."

Traiva looks lost in thought.

Regwen removes a mug of steaming hot coffee from in her blue velvet cloak.

Xilona offers Rohese a mug of whiskey-spiked coffee.

Rohese declines Xilona's offer.

Xilona's cheeks flush with a soft shade of apricot.

Rohese wrinkles her nose.

Xilona offers Rohese a small cup of ginger tea.

Rohese accepts Xilona's ginger tea.

Tatria pours some of her water on the floor.  A puddle of purple liquid forms, and then quickly evaporates.

Speaking to her steaming hot coffee, Regwen says, "Always amazed that I havena spilled any in my cloak."

Speaking appreciatively to Xilona, Rohese says, "Thank you, my dear."

Speaking to Rohese, Xilona says, "I think I would faint of I saw you drink whiskey."

Rohese laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement from Xilona.

Tatria pours some of her water on the floor.  A puddle of purple liquid forms, and then quickly evaporates.

Xilona asks, "Would anyone else like a cup of tea? or chocolate cake?"

Regwen asks, "Purple?"

Speaking sheepishly to Xilona, Rohese says, "I managed half a glass of champagne last night and I couldn't stop giggling."

Greth stretches backward, popping noises emanating from his back.  Sighing in relief, he mutters, "Gettin' old is for the birds, I'll say that much..."  At that moment, the cry of a seagull sounds from outside, and Greth chuckles and calls out, "You tell 'em!"

Rohese blushes sheepishly to herself.

Speaking to Xilona, Traiva says, "I would love a cup of tea."

Tatria nods at Regwen.

Regwen tilts her head down.

Rohese takes a tiny sip of her ginger tea, warming her lips and making sure it's cool enough to drink.

Xilona laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement from Rohese.

Traiva shakes her head at Rohese and clucks her tongue.

Speaking to Traiva, Xilona asks, "Ginger or mint?"

Rohese simpers.

Naamit briefly draws down the edges of her slate grey cowl.

Naamit takes a drink from her warm lavender tea.

Traiva says, "Ginger, please."

Regwen takes a drink from her steaming hot coffee.

Traiva says, "Thank you."

Speaking to Rohese, Xilona says, "What a sight to behold."

Xilona winks at Rohese.

Speaking softly to Greth, Rohese says, "Delicious tea."

Xilona spends some time haggling with Greth Rottgut.

Tatria pours some of her water on the floor.  A puddle of purple liquid forms, and then quickly evaporates.

Xilona offers Traiva a small cup of ginger tea.

Regwen shivers.

Traiva accepts Xilona's ginger tea.

Traiva calmly flutters her wings at Xilona to an unheard rhythm.

Naamit tugs the hood attached to her slate grey cowl up onto her head, easily hiding her face in its folds.

Speaking to Regwen, Tatria says, "But doesn't eat hole in wood."

Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit just trudged through a set of swinging oak doors.

Gazing into the flames, your mind wanders.  You relive old adventures and battles and plan greater triumphs yet to be.  It is pleasant to sit here and dream by the fire.  Perhaps you will conquer the world tomorrow, or another day.  There is always a tomorrow.  But for now, the fire lulls you warmly.

Xilona says, "He also has some rich black coffee if anyone is interested."

Speaking to Tatria, Regwen says, "There is that."

Regwen chuckles to herself.

You take a bite of your large juicy peach.  It is very juicy, with an almost flowery aroma.

Tatria nods thoughtfully.

Regwen says, "He'd have no floor."

Traiva stands up.

Tatria takes a bite of her rolton steak.

Rohese gazes wistfully at a weathered rough stone fireplace.

Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit just arrived.

Naamit purposefully strides over to stand before Tatria.

Naamit offers Tatria a glass of spring water.

Tatria smiles at Naamit.

Xilona grins at Naamit.

Tatria stands up.

Tatria bows to Naamit.

You say, "Bathing in the town fountain isn't that unusual a practice. The weird part is some business man person doesn't come up afterwards, bottle the water, and try to sell it."

Speaking to Naamit, Traiva asks, "How high are the drifts now?"

Tatria accepts Naamit's spring water.

The black rat on Xilona's shoulder makes a sudden flying leap, apparently trying to gain access to the top of her head.  Muttering under her breath, she manages to herd the recalcitrant rodent back to her shoulder.

Speaking to Traiva, Naamit says, "About the same."

Traiva nods.

A pained expression crosses Rohese's face.

Traiva walks over to the couch and settles down.

Tatria grins impishly.

Tatria perches atop one of the nearby high barstools and leans forward against the white oak bar.

Naamit settles her gaze on Tatria, watching her intently.

Tatria takes a drink from her spring water.
A small sigh of satisfaction escapes her lips.

The flames glimmer, red and scarlet, orange and yellow.  The colors warm the surroundings and bring a cheerful glow to all things.

Naamit curls one side of her lips up into a furtive, playful smirk.

You run a hand along the high surface of the barstools.

Tatria shows Greth her spring water.

Speaking to a series of high barstools, you ask, "Are these new?"

Rohese takes a tiny sip of her ginger tea, warming her lips and making sure it's cool enough to drink.

Speaking to Greth, Tatria says, "See? Clean water."

The sound of the wind whistling comes from outside.

Rohese carefully places a small cup of ginger tea on the floor.

Rohese removes a skein of bright white yarn from in her greige wool longcoat.

Rohese loops several stitches of her bright white yarn onto one of her needles as she continues to knit.

Xilona's eyes take on a glassy look as she appears to fall into a vivid daydream.

Greth Speaks

Greth exhales.

Rohese lets out a long, contemplative breath and busily knits away at something with her golden knitting needles, the task taking up her complete attention.

Regwen glances at Greth.

Greth glances out the doors, his brow furrowed.

Naamit briefly draws down the edges of her slate grey cowl.

Naamit takes a drink from her warm lavender tea.

Speaking to Greth, Regwen says, "Snowy."

Regwen nods to Greth.

Greth says, "S'gettin too deep out there."

(Faerinn braces himself and kicks off of the bar. His barstool spins several rotations before stopping.)

Rohese and Traiva nod in agreement to Greth.

Rohese gazes in amusement at you.

The sound of the wind whistling comes from outside.

Tatria offhandedly says, "Fresh melted snow makes clean water."

Speaking to Greth, Traiva says, "Try being my height."

Greth glances around the room, squinting with concentration.

Rohese busily knits away at something with her golden knitting needles, the task taking up her complete attention.

Greth asks, "Any'un know 'bout what time it is?"

Speaking to Greth, Naamit says, "Quarter after eleven."

Greth grunts.

  Menu
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------
  1. a wineskin of aged cactus juice      12. a murky mug of spiked coffee
  2. some murky Troll's Breath grog       13. an orc's kiss cocktail
  3. a stein of rosy hibiscus metheglin   14. a mug of greasy amber ale
  4. a shot of dragonsblood gin           15. an overly rare rolton steak
  5. a stein of yabalithium melomel       16. some greasy pale red broth
  6. a shot of smoky copper whiskey       17. a moldy liver sandwich
  7. a dirty mug of thick black stout     18. a shot of deep black rum
  8. a wooden mug of murky red ale        19. a bowl of crackers
  9. a stein of deep brown grog           20. a tepid dirty glass of water
  10. a glass of Greth's Special          21. a shot of Incandescent vodka
  11. a cracked glass of absinthe        



  Backroom Menu
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------
  22. a huge slice of chocolate cake   25. a mug of minty green tea
  23. an iced blueberry tart           26. a cup of rich black coffee
  24. a small cup of ginger tea        27. a skewer of spicy grilled shrimp


You can APPRAISE, INSPECT or DESCRIBE any item by number, ORDER by number to get pricing and customization options, BUY to purchase, or ORDER HELP for more info.

You ask about the price of a cup of rich black coffee.

You engage Greth Rottgut in some pleasant idle banter, hoping to soften him up on his price some.  When the conversation finally turns to the topic of money, you feel you made out pretty well with the figure of 225 silvers.

You may order a QUANTITY of this item, ORDER something else, or BUY this item.

Greth Rottgut exclaims, "Sold for 225 silvers!"
Greth Rottgut takes the 225 silvers you offer in payment.
He hands you a cup of rich black coffee and says, "Here's your purchase.  Thanks for your patronage."

Xilona traces a sign while petitioning the spirits for cognition...
Xilona gestures.

Rohese picks up a small cup of ginger tea.

Rohese takes a drink from her ginger tea.

Greth mutters, "Socius said he was gonna...-" but his words drift off, unfinished.

The fire sings its age-old song of home and hearth and protection as you gaze into the comforting blaze.

Traiva takes a drink from her ginger tea.

Greth exhales

Rohese raises an eyebrow.

Traiva raises an eyebrow.

You say, "Lurk."

Naamit's eyes crinkle upward at the edges, though the rest of her face is concealed by the folds of her slate grey cowl.

Regwen raises an eyebrow.

Naamit places her hand on her asymmetric girdle.
Naamit shifts her weight.

Speaking to Greth, Regwen says, "Didn't catch the end o that."

(Faerinn spins his barstool around again.)

Regwen leans against a series of high barstools.

Greth sighs.

Speaking to Regwen, you say, "Its lurk."

Speaking to Greth, Traiva accuses, "You are a tease."

Traiva folds her wings across her back.

Speaking to Greth, Naamit says, "You're unusually downtrodden this morning."

You take a drink from your hearty oatmeal.  Thick and creamy, the warm oatmeal is flavored with cinnamon and riddled with sweet raisins.
You have 5 quaffs left.

Speaking concernedly to Greth, Rohese asks, "That was a rather deep sigh, what's troubling you?"

Greth says, "Socius was in here last night for a bit.  I've been... complainin' about the town's reaction to the snow."

Speaking to Greth, you ask, "Too much or not enough reaction?"

You take a drink from your black coffee.  Dark, powerful, and confident, but of so high a quality that it is not truly bitter.
You have 4 quaffs left.

Greth says, "He said he was gonna take care of it.  He had somethin' planned, though he seemed a little... I dunno, worried."

Speaking to Greth, Regwen says, "Keeps the patrons away."

Rohese furrows her brow.

Regwen nods to Greth.

Speaking to Regwen, you say, "I'd argue the snow has brought more foot traffic in here."

The fire brings a welcome warmth that seems to soak into your very bones and makes you feel relaxed.

Greth says, "There's kids out there."

Rohese and Xilona nod understandingly.

Naamit suddenly lets out a loud chortle!  Her eyes immediately bug and she clasps a hand over her mouth, silencing her laughter.

Rohese softly says, "That does worry me too."

Rohese bites her lip.

Naamit eyes a cup of warm lavender tea in her hand up and down with a thoughtful expression on her face.

Flockmaster Nehor just arrived.

Regwen says, "Walkin around barefoot."

Nehor surveys the area.

You say, "I'm not sure threatening any number of snowmen is going to help with that."

Regwen nods to Greth.

Rohese nods curtly at Nehor.

You take a drink from your black coffee.  Dark, powerful, and confident, but of so high a quality that it is not truly bitter.
You have 3 quaffs left.

Nehor glances at Rohese.

Rohese smiles.

Nehor nods slowly.

Xilona stands up.

Greth mutters something rude under his breath and turns away.

You nod to Nehor in greeting.

Heavy winds howling like a banshee can be heard coming from outside.

Xilona sits down next to Rohese.

Nehor nods to you in greeting.

Tatria takes a moment to observe Nehor.

Rohese smiles at Xilona.

Xilona gently rests her hand on Rohese's shoulder.

Nehor loudly complains, "It is bitterly cold. BITTERLY cold."

Rohese kisses Xilona tenderly on the cheek.

Speaking to Nehor, you say, "You'd know bitter."

Xilona winks at Rohese.

Naamit glances between Rohese and Nehor.

Speaking sincerely to Nehor, Rohese suggests, "You're welcome to join us by the fire."

Speaking abruptly to Nehor, Naamit says, "Oh look, socks. For you."

Speaking calmly to Nehor, Traiva says, "Stand in front of the fire, it will warm you soon enough."

Nehor annoyingly continues, "Unseasonably, unforgivably, unequivicolly cold."

Naamit points at a pair of knitted pale yellow socks.

Regwen nods to Nehor in greeting.

Rohese glances between Nehor and a pair of knitted pale yellow socks.

Xilona takes a drink from her whiskey-spiked coffee.

Xilona looks quite relaxed.

Naamit settles her gaze on Rohese, watching her intently.

Nehor gazes thoughtfully at a pair of knitted pale yellow socks.

Speaking to Nehor, Traiva adds, "And get some coffee to warm the inside."

Naamit leans against a cask-faced white oak bar.

Nehor nods at Traiva.

Speaking to Greth, you ask, "Is there any place these kids hang out or anyone in town they actually trust?"

Nehor primly says, "I shall indeed. Though the socks...quite a lovely gift...do not go with my ensemble."

Speaking clearly to Nehor, Rohese states, "They're for those in need and I doubt that includes you."

Naamit leans over and whispers, "They're entrusted to the guard in the tower."

Nehor frowns at Rohese.

Naamit whispers aloud to Faerinn, "He's a curious lot."

Rohese busily knits away at something with her golden knitting needles, the task taking up her complete attention.

Traiva takes a drink from her ginger tea.

Naamit nods vaguely to you.

Carefully not looking at anyone, Greth stares out the doors at the snow, then grabs a few items from beneath the bar and hunches over them, concealing his actions with his bulk.

Rohese surreptitiously glances at Greth.

Xilona watches Greth closely for a moment.

Tatria peers quizzically at Greth.

Nehor apologetically announces, "A moment, I must go get some custom for the poor man."

Nehor nods to Greth.

Speaking to Nehor, Regwen says, "Just tuck the tops down inta yer boots."

Flockmaster Nehor just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

Regwen nods sagely.

Naamit whispers, "Did you know, the guard has sizeable gambling debts?"

Regwen grins wryly.

Rohese lets out a sigh of relief.

Xilona scowls.

Regwen glances at a set of swinging oak doors.

Rohese busily knits away at something with her golden knitting needles, the task taking up her complete attention.

You say, "It takes a lot for kids like that to open up to someone or ask for help."

Flockmaster Nehor just arrived.

Traiva leans on Xilona, giving her a companionable grin.

Greth walks to a small door behind the bar and peeks in, motioning to someone unseen.

Nehor dabs at the corners of his eyes with the edge of his crimson velvet coatee.

You quietly whisper to Naamit, "Really now. Interesting."

Xilona whispers something to Traiva.

Nehor spends some time haggling with Greth Rottgut.
Nehor takes a drink from his spiked coffee.
Nehor looks rather relaxed.

Nehor closes his eyes for a moment.

Speaking vaguely to you, Naamit whispers aloud, "Interesting indeed."

Traiva whispers something to Xilona.

Rohese whispers something to Xilona.

A bristly black rat on Xilona's shoulder suddenly sits up, scanning the area with a mien of feral regality.

Nehor leans against a weathered rough stone fireplace.

Penre wanders in.

You say, "And it typically does more harm than good to prod them before they're ready."

You frown.

Nehor nods to Penre in greeting.

Rohese busily knits away at something with her golden knitting needles, the task taking up her complete attention.

Gazing into the flames, your mind wanders.  You relive old adventures and battles and plan greater triumphs yet to be.  It is pleasant to sit here and dream by the fire.  Perhaps you will conquer the world tomorrow, or another day.  There is always a tomorrow.  But for now, the fire lulls you warmly.

You say, "Unfortunately."

Penre nods vaguely to the room, then trudges out into the snow, his head held high.

Tatria casually glances at Penre.

Xilona whispers something to Rohese.

Xilona shakes her head, clucking her tongue.

Nehor surprisedly greets, "Mister Penre. What brings you out in this *atrocious* weather?"

Greth nods once in satisfaction.

Rohese softly exclaims, "Lumnis forfend, why do you have nothing on your feet!"

Rohese sighs.

Rohese softly says, "Someone give that man some socks and boots."

Greth says, "Been askin' him the same thing fer a week."

Rohese shakes her head, clucking her tongue.

Traiva stands up.

Traiva tosses some wood into the fire and watches as the flames leap higher.

Rohese busily knits away at something with her golden knitting needles, the task taking up her complete attention.

Nehor declares, "I have gotten you socks."

Traiva tosses some wood into the fire and watches as the flames leap higher.

Nehor points at a pair of knitted pale yellow socks.

Traiva tosses some wood into the fire and watches as the flames leap higher.

Speaking to Nehor, Traiva says, "Stop taking credit for Rohese's socks."

Xilona takes a drink from her whiskey-spiked coffee.

Xilona looks quite relaxed.

Nehor frowns at Traiva.

Speaking softly to Nehor, Rohese says, "Just see that he wears them when he next comes by."

Traiva tosses some wood into the fire and watches as the flames leap higher.

Traiva walks over to the couch and settles down.

Rohese busily knits away at something with her golden knitting needles, the task taking up her complete attention.

Speaking pointedly to Traiva, Nehor says, "That was a gift made for me, Naamit herself offered them."

Nehor sniffs.

Rohese glances at Nehor and slowly exhales.

Naamit covers her mouth and chortles away behind her hand.

Rohese shakes her head, totally at a loss.

Nehor smoothly says, "But in my graciousness...nay, my generosity...I have decided to let Mr. Penre have them."

Nehor nods firmly.

Xilona scrunches up her face weirdly, her eyes rolling around in their sockets.

Nehor strikes a noble, proud pose, throwing his crimson velvet coatee back and staring off into the distance.

Speaking to Nehor, Traiva scolds, "You very conveniently 'forgot' the commentary that the socks are for those in need. And you, Sir, are hardly 'needy'."

Tatria glances at an oversized peanut bowl.

Speaking to Traiva, Naamit says, "On the contrary."

Speaking softly to Traiva, Rohese whispers aloud, "Except perhaps some humility."

Regwen grins at Rohese.

Rohese busily knits away at something with her golden knitting needles, the task taking up her complete attention.

Speaking dismissively to Naamit, Traiva whispers aloud, "He is needy in other means."

Naamit tilts her head in Traiva's general direction, the folds of her hood obscuring her expression from view.

Tatria removes a trio of venison sausage links from in her ramie silk vest.

Nehor takes a drink from his spiked coffee.

Tatria takes a bite of her venison sausage links.

Rohese busily knits away at something with her golden knitting needles, the task taking up her complete attention.

Nehor idly complains, "Such heated words for such a blustery day. Is this how you all keep yourselves warm, contempt for me?"

Nehor shakes his head, clucking his tongue.

You carefully place a white ceramic cup on a cask-faced white oak bar.

Socius Arrives

Socius wanders in.

Nehor blinks at Socius.

Regwen nods to Socius in greeting.

Naamit tilts her head up.

Nehor gulps.

Lifting first one foot and then another, Nehor slowly backpedals.

Socius glances at Nehor.

You say, "Oh, hey, he's real."

Socius squints.

You nod to Socius in greeting.

Xilona flashes a quick grin.

Socius turns to face Greth.

A log crashes and falls over into the fire.  The flames grow upon it slowly, like roses awakening, until the whole log is aglow with a garden of embers.

Speaking to Greth, Socius says, "It's done... but it will take some time to take hold, I fear."

Naamit gazes confidently at Socius.

Greth stares, his eyes hard.

Greth asks, "And what about the kids?"

Nehor smiles nervously as he tries without success to hide behind some pillar or couch.

Rohese smiles at Socius.

Regwen glances at Socius.

Traiva flutters her wings at Socius.

Tatria looks thoughtfully at Greth.

Speaking to Greth, Socius says, "We're doing everything we can, Greth."

Greth says, "S'not enough."

Speaking curiously to Socius, Traiva asks, "What have you done now?"

Socius slowly empties his lungs.

Tatria takes a bite of her venison sausage links.

You nod to Greth.

Regwen turns an inquisitive ear toward Socius.

Speaking to Greth, Socius says, "These things take TIME.  And the effort was... immense."

Rohese looks at Socius with concern.

Xilona glances between Socius and Greth.

Naamit removes an ebon-handled lavender teacup from in her lambswool cloak.

Greth exclaims, "Lissen here... and lissen good.  I... don't... care.   There's KIDS out there, freezin!"

Nehor quietly mutters, "Immensely useless if it didn't get the job done."

Socius nods slowly to Greth.

Nehor coughs, glances between Socius and Greth and rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Rohese angrily shushes Nehor!

Speaking to Greth, Socius says, "I will do as much as I can for them, as I would for any of you.  You know this."

Rohese softly says, "As would we all."

Rohese glances around the room.

Xilona agrees with Rohese.

Rohese surreptitiously glances at Nehor.

Xilona stands up.

Traiva takes a drink from her ginger tea.

Greth says, "Look... you kin do the big stuffs... I'll handle the small 'uns.  You bring the kids here... I'll keep em safe and warm."

Rohese softly corrects, "Nearly all."

Naamit examines her fingernails.

Nehor frowns.

Socius looks thoughtfully at Greth.

Ceyrin just arrived.

Rohese smiles at Ceyrin.

Naamit tilts her head up.

Tatria takes a bite of her venison sausage links.

Xilona leans against a plump overstuffed couch.

Naamit stares at Ceyrin.

Rohese nods in greeting at Ceyrin.

(Traiva reaches behind Xilona to brush her fingers across Rohese's shoulder.)

Ceyrin glances around the room.

You nod to Ceyrin in greeting.

Rohese wiggles her nose at Traiva.

Speaking slowly to Greth, Socius says, "So be it.  I shall look for any children I can find, and lead them here."

Greth nods once.

Naamit places her hand on her asymmetric girdle.
Naamit shifts her weight.

Speaking to Naamit, Ceyrin says, "Such praise."

Speaking softly to Socius, Rohese asks, "Can we help at all?"

Naamit touches one finger to her lips.

Tatria asks, "Kits..err kids scattered all around the town?"

Greth says, "Yer too late anyway.  I al'ready sent Penre to announce that to the town.  An' he was gonna tell Selbi, too."

Socius blinks at Greth.

Greth sighs.

Tatria takes a bite of her venison sausage links.

Rohese busily knits away at something with her golden knitting needles, the task taking up her complete attention.
With a satisfied nod, Rohese finishes her knitting.  She adds a few final touches, leaving her with a pair of knitted bright white socks.

Juspera just arrived.

Juspera blinks.

Rohese smiles at Juspera.

Regwen hugs Juspera.

Traiva flutters her wings at Juspera.

Juspera says, "Uh."

Juspera says, "Hi."

Speaking to Juspera, Traiva says, "Good morning. I hear you have been busy."

Juspera says, "Why is everyone so quiet."

Greth Asks for Help Finding the Kids

Greth says, "OK, ev'ryone... listen up.  There's kids out there, an' they're cold an' scared.  I can't go get em... but you all can.  I need yer help findin' em, and leadin' em here."

Speaking softly to Juspera, Rohese says, "You look frozen, come and warm yourself by the fire."

Juspera flushes slightly, some color reaching her cheeks.

Nehor nods to Greth.

Gazing into the flames, your mind wanders.  You relive old adventures and battles and plan greater triumphs yet to be.  It is pleasant to sit here and dream by the fire.  Perhaps you will conquer the world tomorrow, or another day.  There is always a tomorrow.  But for now, the fire lulls you warmly.

Juspera strides a few steps forward.

Socius nods once to Greth.

Xilona nods understandingly to Greth.

Naamit nods once to Greth.

Speaking softly to Greth, Rohese says, "Of course."

Rohese put a pair of golden knitting needles in her greige wool longcoat.

You nod at Juspera.

Rohese stands up.

Regwen nods understandingly to Greth.

Tatria stands up.

Rohese runs her hand down the front of her beige tiretaine cotehardie, discreetly re-arranging the drape.

Greth says, "I'll take care of 'em while they're here... they're prolly hidin', and not gonna be real anxious to come out."

Nehor proudly declares, "Where the Butcher has failed you...once again...the Flock shall not. No effort shall be spared in us finding them and rounding them up and bringing them here for sac....rescue."

Nehor coughs.

Ceyrin whispers something to Naamit.

Rohese glances at Nehor and slowly exhales.

Socius glares at Nehor.

Juspera surreptitiously glances at Nehor.

Traiva gets a blank look on her face.

Speaking to Nehor, Naamit says, "Your pontificating is misplaced."

Speaking to Nehor, Xilona says, "Oh shut up."

Rohese touches Socius.

Xilona rolls her eyes.

Rohese looks over at Socius and shakes her head.

Speaking coldly to Nehor, Socius says, "'Ware your tongue, else it end up missing."

Regwen removes a mint and dark chocolate bar from in her blue velvet cloak.

Speaking to Nehor, Traiva dismisses, "So get out there already."

Xilona winces as a bristly black rat snuffles along her neck, pausing to dig its nose into her ear.

Speaking to Nehor, you say, "Haven't y'all done enough to children."

Nehor scowls.

Regwen says, "I can lure them out."

Regwen points at her dark chocolate bar.

Regwen grins.

Rohese closes her eyes for a moment.

Juspera exclaims, "I'm sure I can find some children!"

Ceyrin looks thoughtfully at Naamit.

Juspera asks, "Who wants to join me?"

Juspera fidgets.

Traiva stands up.

Speaking to Greth, Xilona says, "Whatever we can do, it will be done."

Regwen stands up.

Juspera scowls at Nehor.

Speaking to Regwen, you say, "Ok, no on that too."

Greth says, "Any'thin that kin be done to get em, would be appreciated.  Just lead em back here if you find one, we'll take it from there."

Nehor loudly declares, "The Flock will, of course."

Socius sighs.

Rohese pulls the hood of her longcoat down over her face, concealing her features.

Xilona nods to Greth.

Ceyrin glances around the room.

Socius says, "I will search down by the caves..."

Socius glances at Nehor.

You struggle, but fail to stand.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

Socius says, "Alone."

Speaking to Nehor, Juspera says, "I bet I can find more kids than you."

Speaking softly to Greth, Rohese says, "Keep the fire burning and make some more broth."

You stand back up.

Socius pulls on you, trying to get you closer.

Regwen glances at Socius.

Speaking to Greth, Tatria says, "Will  bring kids but no dirty water for them."

Naamit sighs disapointedly.

You grin at Socius.

Naamit settles her gaze on Socius, watching him intently.

Traiva tosses some wood into the fire and watches as the flames leap higher.

Tatria wrinkles her nose.

Speaking dryly to Juspera, Nehor says, "It is a cooperative effort rather than a contest, miss."

Traiva tosses some wood into the fire and watches as the flames leap higher.

Socius says, "I will speak with you all later... we have much to discuss."

Socius just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

Traiva tosses some wood into the fire and watches as the flames leap higher.

Speaking defensively to Nehor, Juspera asks, "So?"

Regwen glances at a set of swinging oak doors.

Speaking to Greth, Traiva says, "That should hold the fire for a time."

Rohese softly says, "Let's go and find those poor little mites."

Nehor nods gravely.

Sparks shoot up from the flames to dance in the hot air above the fire.  They glow brightly for a time and then slowly burn up and fly away as ash on the wind.  You feel this is a commentary on life itself, and it saddens you for a moment.

Juspera says, "Alright. Let's go."

Xilona joins Juspera's group.

Fruitlessly Searching to Find Children

Juspera's group just went through a set of swinging oak doors. [Editor's Note: Faerinn, Juspera, Nehor, Regwen, Tatria, Xilona and later Ordim were searching all around town in one group while multiple other groups were also searching. All of this has been cut as it did not contain any GM interaction.]

Faerinn Comes Back and Steps Into the Stumbling Pebble

After an unknown amount of time, Faerinn came back to the action...

[Stumbling Pebble Bar II]
Dried, cracked boards mingle with newer knotted pine planks as they spread across the floor from the swinging oak doors to the white oak bar.  Several half-cask chairs are arranged in circles around the room, their backs weathered and cracked, while plump couches face a fireplace that looks as if it has seen better days.  A scattering of cracked peanut shells litters the floor around an oversized bowl that is set upon a faded blue rug.  You also see an annoyed will-o-wisp spirit that is flying around, a stein of yabalithium melomel, a black-eared red and grey fox, a series of high barstools, a basket of sticks and Greth.
Also here: Socius, Defender of Mist Harbor Xilona, Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit, Chatelaine Traiva, High Lord Talinvor, Xanthium, Lady in Waiting Lynaera, Relic Hunter Ordim, Annelie, Akenna, Tatria, Juspera who is sitting, Ceyrin, High Lady Rohese
Obvious exits: none

You perch atop one of the nearby high barstools and lean forward against the white oak bar.

Lynaera nods politely to you.

Speaking to Socius, Xilona says, "I am truly sorry."

You nod to Lynaera in greeting.

Talinvor says, "Ah, so memories lost of father..."

Talinvor ponders.

Tatria looks thoughtfully at Ceyrin.

Tatria nods at Talinvor.

Speaking softly to Socius, Rohese says, "Breathe and remember that he is but one person."

Socius calmly says, "I wish only to inform you that you are being watched.  And will be dealt with."

Speaking to Talinvor, Ordim whispers aloud, "Blood magic!"

Rohese nods slowly at Socius.

Ordim frets.

You nod to Socius, Rohese, Naamit, Traiva, Juspera, and Xilona in greeting.

Talinvor laughs softly, trying to hide his amusement from Ordim.

Socius slowly empties his lungs.

Rohese smiles at Socius.

Traiva flutters her wings at you.

You nod to Juspera in greeting.

Socius says, "I had best return to my patrols."

Speaking to Socius, Ceyrin says, "I'd do that job for free. . . just to be clear."

Ordim fidgets.

Xanthium smiles at you.

The fire brings a welcome warmth that seems to soak into your very bones and makes you feel relaxed.

Juspera shifts her weight.

Juspera gazes wistfully at Socius.

Ordim snickers at Ceyrin.

Traiva tosses some wood into the fire and watches as the flames leap higher.

You nod to Xanthium, Greth, and Akenna in greeting.

Traiva tosses some wood into the fire and watches as the flames leap higher.

Xilona nods to you in greeting.

Socius says, "Thank you all again for your assistance."

Akenna folds her arms at the waist.

Socius nods respectfully to Greth.

Speaking softly to Socius, Rohese says, "Of course, it's the least we can do."

You nod at Socius.

Socius wanders off.

Akenna nods to you in greeting.

Greth exhales.

You wave to Naamit.

Rohese softly says, "Now, we should turn our thoughts to that poor child still out in the cold."

Traiva calmly flutters her wings at the Greth in time to an unheard rhythm.
The powerful look leaves Xilona.

Juspera asks, "Did Socius really fix the weather?"

Xilona loses her focused look.

Ordim looks over at Juspera and shakes his head.

Juspera says, "Maybe it will be warm soon."

Greth stares out across the bar, a thoughtful look on his face.

Juspera asks, "No?"

Speaking softly to Greth, Traiva says, "They are both hot-heads."

Lynaera holds up her hand and tilts it side to side in a so-so gesture.

Speaking to Juspera, Ordim says, "He's gone crazy from living in a cave."

Ordim giggles.

Flockmaster Nehor just arrived.

Ordim glances nervously at a set of swinging oak doors.

Akenna says, "I'm sure he did."

Talinvor says, "Seems he broke it first."

Nehor glances to his left.

Using your needles, you loop several stitches of your ecru yarn onto one of the needles as you begin to create a pair of knitted ecru gloves.

Nehor glances to his right.

You begin work on your ecru gloves, the needles moving along with determination requiring your complete attention.
Roundtime: 52 sec.

Nehor nervously asks, "He's gone, right?"

Xilona loses her intense expression.

Xilona murmurs a simple, mystical chant...
Xilona gestures.
Xilona gets an intense expression on her face.

Speaking to Juspera, Tatria says, "Said it takes time."

Juspera quietly says, "Oh."

Ordim rolls his eyes.

Speaking to Nehor, you say, "No."

Rohese surreptitiously glances at Nehor.

Speaking to Nehor, Akenna answers, "For now.. but he's watching you."

Greth says, "He's about... like he always is."

Ordim says, "Controling the weather isn't like a baking a pie."

Speaking pointedly to Nehor, Traiva says, "You cut quite low."

Ordim shakes his head, clucking his tongue.

Speaking to Juspera, Tatria asks, "Maybe hours, maybe days?"

Nehor dusts himself off.

You say, "Always outside the corner of your vision."

Juspera bites her lip.

Ordim says, "You either do it or you don't."

Ordim nods once.

Speaking to Nehor, Lynaera teases, "He is right behind you!"

Nehor frowns at Lynaera.

Speaking to Ordim, Talinvor asks, "Costs him memories. What did he do to break it again?"

The red and grey fox barks.

Speaking to Nehor, Akenna offers, "I'd watch your step."

Akenna shrugs at Nehor.

Speaking to Talinvor, Ordim suggests, "He forgot."

Ordim frets.

Penre Wanders In

Penre wanders in.

Speaking simply to Lynaera, Nehor says, "Not. Funny."

You continue to work on your ecru gloves, the needles moving along with determination requiring your complete attention.
Roundtime: 55 sec.

Rohese takes a slow, deep breath then pinches the bridge of her nose.

Lynaera laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.

Speaking quietly to Greth, Penre says, "The girl is asleep."

Juspera asks, "He should tell us more. How are we supposed to help this town?"

Speaking to Talinvor, Traiva asks, "How do we know Socius broke it?"

Greth nods once.

Xilona perches atop one of the nearby high barstools and leans forward against the white oak bar.

Greth asks, "Did she say anything more about her sister?"

Speaking to Penre, Nehor suggests, "My goodman, perhaps you need to wear something...warmer."

The fire sings its age-old song of home and hearth and protection as you gaze into the comforting blaze.

Akenna nods.

Speaking concernedly to Penre, Nehor asks, "Do you need to borrow something?"

Talinvor says, "It's what brought up the conversation about his magic, and the cost when we asked him about it."

Talinvor nods at Traiva.

Xanthium says, "I'm wondering why her sister was so non-specific about where she sleeps."

Speaking to Greth, Traiva says, "She is by a chimney, comes out in the evening."

You say, "Surely there's shoes to give him."

Nehor ponders.

Speaking quietly to Greth, Penre says, "She said she was pretty sure her sister would be up in a few hours, and said she wanted to come along when we went to go looking."

Speaking simply to Xanthium, Juspera says, "When I was a kid, I never trusted adults."

Akenna offers Penre a pair of modest-heeled soft suede boots.

Greth chortles softly to himself.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium asks, "But her sister?"

You continue to work on your ecru gloves, the needles moving along with determination requiring your complete attention.
Roundtime: 54 sec.

Penre blinks at Akenna.

Penre accepts Akenna's soft suede boots.

Speaking to Juspera, Xilona says, "I still don't."

Xilona winks at Juspera.

Nehor offers Penre a murky mug of spiked coffee.

Speaking quietly to Akenna, Penre says, "Thank you."

Speaking to Xanthium, Juspera asks, "What?"

Speaking to Penre, Akenna says, "You need something better."

Juspera grins at Xilona.

Speaking to Penre, Nehor says, "Drink this. It'll keep you warm."

Akenna nods at Penre.

Traiva takes a drink from her rosy hibiscus metheglin.

Penre puts a pair of modest-heeled soft suede boots onto his feet.

Penre accepts Nehor's spiked coffee.

Nehor nods approvingly.

Tatria says, "Sister should watch sister."

Speaking wryly to Xilona, Ceyrin says, "You and me both."

Speaking wryly to Nehor, Penre says, "Good to see you recovered."

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

Xilona flashes a quick grin at Ceyrin.

(Rohese walks away from the crowd to stand by the fireplace and gaze into the flames.)

Speaking to Penre, you say, "Well....no he'll think he's warmer, but will actually be colder...."

Speaking theatrically to Penre, Nehor says, "Was there ever any doubt? None can keep me down for long."

Greth grumbles to himself.

Xilona stands up.

Ordim blurts, "I can control the weather but it costs me muffins!"

Speaking quietly to Nehor, Penre says, "So you said... in between fits of crying."

Nehor whispers something to Penre.

Xilona stands in front of a weathered rough stone fireplace.

Xilona gently rests her hand on Rohese's shoulder.

Nehor sniffs.

Penre winks at Nehor.

You continue to work on your ecru gloves, the needles moving along with determination requiring your complete attention.
Roundtime: 42 sec.

Xanthium surreptitiously glances at Rohese.

Juspera fidgets.

Nehor mutters under his breath.

Speaking to Rohese, Xilona asks, "Are you ok my lady?"

Speaking quietly to Nehor, Penre says, "No man should suffer, if it can be avoided... I was happy to help how I could."

Rohese nods slowly at Xilona.

Speaking thoughtfully to Greth, Talinvor asks, "If he continues to use his magic, he will forget his father altogether, neh?"

Penre takes a drink from his spiked coffee.
Penre blinks twice and looks dazed for a moment.

The red and grey fox pads around the room.

Sparks shoot up from the flames to dance in the hot air above the fire.  They glow brightly for a time and then slowly burn up and fly away as ash on the wind.  You feel this is a commentary on life itself, and it saddens you for a moment.

Speaking quietly to Xilona, Rohese says, "I'll be fine, thank you."

The red and grey fox barks.

Greth says, "That's how I understand it."

Speaking to Rohese, Xanthium asks, "It's the children, isn't it?"

Traiva takes a drink from her rosy hibiscus metheglin.

Speaking to Greth, Xilona says, "What a horrible toll."

Rohese nods faintly at Xanthium.

Speaking quietly to Greth, Penre asks, "I'll let you know when she wakes.... what should I tell her about her sister?"

Xanthium gently rests her hand on Rohese's shoulder.

You ask, "I for one would love to trade places with him in that regard. I'm guessing that is not something Socius would want?"

Rohese holds back her tears, her eyes glistening with pain.

Ordim perches atop one of the nearby high barstools and leans forward against the white oak bar.

You frown.

Rohese glances away.

Juspera reaches over and gently rests her hand on your shoulder.

Speaking thoughtfully to Greth, Talinvor asks, "And it was an expenditure of his magic that ... fixed something, but affected the weather. If I understand this?"

Greth glances at Penre and mutters, "She can't go... though bless her for wantin' to.  Tell her we'll make sure her sister is safe."

Tatria says, "Cannot be sad for something you don't remember."

Speaking softly to you, Traiva says, "Socius seems to have a fondness for his father, from what I see."

Tatria shrugs indifferently.

Speaking quietly to himself, Ceyrin says, "More like the moral dillema of working with untrustworthy people to achieve a worthwhile goal."

Penre nods in agreement.

Xanthium glances at Ceyrin.

Penre wanders off.

The red and grey fox rolls around on the ground for a moment.

Greth exhales.

You nod at Traiva.

Greth mutters, "I need a drink."

Speaking to Ceyrin, Xanthium says, "You have to trust them to mind their own self-interest."

Traiva laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.

Xilona whispers something to Rohese.

Speaking to Traiva, you say, "I don't get it, but ok."

Akenna clutches her stuffed bunny tightly.

Speaking amusedly to Greth, Traiva says, "You have plenty there."

Rohese smiles at Xilona.

Speaking to Greth, Ceyrin says, "I can't really recommend anything here."

Rohese kisses Xilona tenderly on the cheek.

Juspera asks, "Wait, why can't she go?"

Rohese whispers something to Xilona.

Speaking to Tatria, you say, "I'm in your camp on this, but I see why its not for everyone."

Speaking to Greth, Tatria says, "Don't drink the water."

Speaking to Juspera, Traiva says, "She is too big to fit."

Ordim raises an eyebrow in Tatria's direction.

Talinvor signals, "what was he trying to fix?"

Juspera says, "Yeah but, she can help us find the location."

Greth says, "It's not safe.  I didn't have 'em brought here to only put them back out in the cold again."

Rohese bites her lip.

You remove a cracked glass of absinthe from in your ebon longcoat.

>give Greth
Greth glances at you and moves out of your reach.

Juspera says, "I don't want to... fine."

Xilona whispers something to Rohese.

Juspera mumbles something under her breath.

You carefully place a cracked glass of absinthe on a cask-faced white oak bar.

Rohese kisses Akenna tenderly on the cheek.

Akenna smiles at Rohese.

Traiva calmly flutters her wings at Juspera to an unheard rhythm.

Rohese smiles.

Akenna kisses Rohese tenderly on the cheek.

(Faerinn scoots the absinthe on the bar closer to Greth.)

Nehor signals, "Unseasonable Snowstorms have been covering the isle, apparently"

Speaking to Greth, you say, "On the house."

Juspera says, "I just don't want for us to waste more time searching around. If her presence would help us."

Speaking to you, Tatria says, "Never knew father, not sad, just is."

Talinvor signals, "and if it was an aftermath of Socius' magic... then these children are his fault too, neh?"

Speaking to Greth, Ceyrin says, "There are plenty of empty homes out in the Boreas neighborhood."

With an empathetic nod, Rohese discreetly takes Xilona's hand in hers and gives it a momentary squeeze.

Tatria shrugs.

Ordim narrows his eyes.

Greth blinks.

You nod at Tatria.

Ordim fidgets.

Greth says, "Tha's a good point... maybe she's holed up in one of the abandoned homes out there."

Akenna says, "Maybe Phalyn could find her, if we knew her scent."

Juspera begins chuckling at Xanthium!

Akenna shifts her weight.

Speaking softly to Greth, Rohese asks, "You know these children, Greth,  What would you suggest we do for the best?"

Ordim glances nervously at Akenna.

Greth exhales.

A log crashes and falls over into the fire.  The flames grow upon it slowly, like roses awakening, until the whole log is aglow with a garden of embers.

Speaking to Akenna, Ordim accuses, "So you can put more children in your blood?"

Ordim frets.

Nehor signals, "The snowstorm, according to the Butcher, was Natural. And while that may be true, I wonder if its *source* was equally natural, and if we will have more"

Ordim shakes his head, clucking his tongue.

Speaking to Ordim, Akenna says, "I meant chill."

Traiva tosses some wood into the fire and watches as the flames leap higher.
Speaking to Akenna, Xanthium asks, "That's a clever idea.  Who better than a fox to find a scavenger poppet?"

Traiva tosses some wood into the fire and watches as the flames leap higher.

Speaking to Ordim, Akenna says, "Not child."

You continue to work on your ecru gloves, the needles moving along with determination requiring your complete attention.
Roundtime: 24 sec.

Greth says, "I dunno, honestly.  It's all above me.  I can only do what I can... and that means keepin' em safe."

Ordim nods slowly at Akenna.

Speaking to Akenna, Ordim agrees, "I'm sure you did..."

Rohese nods understandingly to Greth.

Ordim removes a tattered pixie doll from in his dark grey satchel.

Akenna says, "He's good at it."

Greth says, "Somethin' about the kids... it's always 'bout the kids."

Tatria looks thoughtfully at Xanthium.

A tattered pixie doll screams, "Witch!"

Juspera spends some time haggling with Greth Rottgut.

Speaking kindly to Greth, Rohese says, "And you do that well."

Greth mutters, looking into the distance.

Ordim stares at Akenna.

Juspera glances dubiously at an overly rare rolton steak in her hand.

Ordim put a tattered pixie doll in his dark grey satchel.

The fire brings a welcome warmth that seems to soak into your very bones and makes you feel relaxed.

Speaking to Greth, Ceyrin asks, "Maybe they'll have it better?"

Greth says, "My son on'y made it ta four months... but even then."

Speaking to Ordim, Akenna says, "I am a witch.. A Wyrdeep witch."

Greth looks away, coughing suddenly.

Rohese bites her lip.

Juspera takes a bite of her rolton steak.

Lynaera frowns at Greth.

Ordim fidgets.

Nehor looks thoughtfully at Greth.

Greth sniffs.

Speaking to Ordim, Akenna says, "So, you're right."

Speaking to Greth, Xanthium says, "I'm sorry."

Talinvor signals, "the 'natural' climate here, is tropical - the citizens have relied on it. So, it's broken by all definitions - whether it's climate was supported by magic or no."

Akenna smiles at Ordim.

Speaking curiously to Greth, Nehor asks, "You had a child? What was his name?"

Xilona bites her lip.

Tatria takes a moment to observe Akenna.

Xilona places a hand over her heart.

(Juspera wipes her mouth, then surreptitiously wipes her hand on Faerinn's coat.)

Averting her eyes from Greth, Rohese's eyes well with tears as her lower lip quivers.

Ordim shifts his weight.

You continue to work on your ecru gloves, the needles moving along with determination requiring your complete attention.
Roundtime: 20 sec.

Juspera takes a bite of her rolton steak.

Akenna cocks her head at Greth.

Traiva gazes at Greth.

Ordim fidgets.

Heavy winds howling like a banshee can be heard coming from outside.

Xilona says, "Oh Greth...."

Xilona hangs her head.

Naamit just arrived.

Tatria glances at Juspera.

Traiva moves to stand behind Rohese.

Traiva gently rests her hand on Rohese's shoulder.

Tatria appears to be trying hard not to grin.

Greth looks back, his eyes wet, and declares in a cold voice, "I don't talk 'bout him.  Ever.  End of story."

Nehor nods slowly.

Xanthium nods to Greth.

Nehor graciously says, "Very well."

Speaking tearfully to Greth, Rohese says, "Nor should you."

Nehor clears his throat.

You nod to Naamit in greeting.

Ordim glances between Rohese and Greth.

Ordim frets.

Greth sniffs.

You continue to work on your ecru gloves, the needles moving along with determination requiring your complete attention.
Roundtime: 58 sec.

Ordim whispers aloud, "Now everyone is crying..."

Juspera furrows her brow.

Greth exhales.

Ordim fidgets.

Traiva whispers something to Rohese.

Rohese nods in agreement at Traiva.

Speaking to Greth, Xanthium says, "I don't mean to gainsay you.  But...maybe you should reconsider that."

Talinvor awkwardly says, "As the humans say, perhaps in a better place."

Speaking to Ordim, Traiva says, "I am sure you can change that quickly enough."

Xilona shakes her head.

Defender of Mist Harbor Xilona just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

Ordim looks over at Traiva and shakes his head.

Juspera glances at a set of swinging oak doors.

Greth says, "So... I'm gonna... do some chores 'round here.  In a couple hours, I'll send Penre 'round to round y'all up and we can go look for that poor girl's sister."

Speaking to Traiva, Ordim says, "Too late by that time! best to just cut and run away."

Ordim nervously giggles.

Strong winds can be heard coming from outside.

Xanthium nods slowly to Greth.

Greth coughs awkwardly.

Akenna smiles at Greth.

Speaking to Ordim, Traiva quips, "So what are you doing still here?"

Speaking to Greth, Nehor says, "Never fear. The Flock is here to help. We'll get them to safety."

You say, "Next time Penre runs in here I have a whole outfit for him."

Speaking to Traiva, Ordim confirms, "I didnt make em cry!"

Ordim folds his arms over his chest in a display of stubborn pride, tilting his chin up slightly in defiance.

Speaking softly to Greth, Rohese assures, "We'll do what we can."

Akenna nods.

You continue to work on your ecru gloves, the needles moving along with determination requiring your complete attention.
Roundtime: 39 sec.

Ceyrin takes a drink from his whiskey-spiked coffee.

Annelie chants softly, the words of the prayer indistinguishable, until her image is overlaid by the illusion of a young woman with azure eyes.  Both fade and disappear from view, as the residual sound of hoofbeats tapers off.

Rohese smiles at you.

Akenna nods.

Greth says, "Thank you all... bunches."

The red and grey fox roots around the room.

Nehor nods in agreement.

Tatria nods.

Speaking to Greth, Akenna says, "Thank you, for taking in the little ones."

Naamit mouths, "Bunches."

Naamit's eyes crinkle slightly at the edges.

Juspera nods to Greth.

You say, "Hoofbeats....? Who let dogs in here."

Greth gives a weak smile, then turns back to the bar and begins to polish glasses that don't appear to need it.

Tatria glances at Naamit.

Akenna glances down.

Tatria smiles quietly to herself.

Nehor airily says, "Alas, if only everyone was as thankful as you are for our tireless efforts."

Speaking to Greth, Traiva says, "If music would ever help, do not hesitate to ask."

You continue to work on your ecru gloves, the needles moving along with determination requiring your complete attention.
Roundtime: 25 sec.

Juspera grins at Xanthium.

(Rohese idly fingers the warm blanket in her hands.)

Rohese lets out a long, contemplative breath.

Naamit whispers something to Ceyrin.

You continue to work on your ecru gloves, the needles moving along with determination requiring your complete attention.  You have used up the last of the ecru yarn on your needles.

Roundtime: 45 sec.

(Juspera takes another bite of the bloody steak, then carefully picks up the end of Faerinn's coat and dabs at her mouth with it.)

Ceyrin nods at Naamit.

Naamit whispers, "Until next time."

The red and grey fox rolls around on the ground for a moment.

Speaking to Naamit, Ceyrin says, "Likely so."

Ordim glances down.

Nehor takes a bite of his fried dough.

Xanthium stares at Juspera.

Naamit glances meaningfully at Xanthium.

Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit just strode purposefully through a set of swinging oak doors.

Nehor informs, "It is a little dry."

Xanthium shivers.

Nehor sighs.

Speaking to Xanthium, Juspera asks, "What?"

Akenna rummages around in her pockets.

Xanthium glances at Juspera.

Tatria spends some time haggling with Greth Rottgut.

The red and grey fox barks at Akenna.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "Nothing.  Just...professional curiosity."

Speaking to a black-eared red and grey fox, Akenna says, "Alright."

Juspera nods at Xanthium.

You say, "I'm more concerned she's eating here honestly."

Speaking to Juspera, Tatria says, "Good meat."

Akenna spends some time haggling with Greth Rottgut.

The fire brings a welcome warmth that seems to soak into your very bones and makes you feel relaxed.

Tatria glances at an overly rare rolton steak in her hand.

Akenna feeds a black-eared red and grey fox a bite of her rolton steak.

Juspera takes a bite of her rolton steak.

Ordim signals, "did we learn what was discussed about the weather?"

Juspera grins at Xanthium.

Ordim narrows his eyes.

Speaking to a black-eared red and grey fox, Akenna asks, "Are you going to help us?"

Rohese distractedly says, "I'm going to take a walk."

Nehor looks over at Ordim and shakes his head.

High Lady Rohese just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

The red and grey fox barks.

Juspera stares at Xanthium.

Akenna feeds a black-eared red and grey fox a bite of her rolton steak.

Juspera blinks.

Akenna glances at a set of swinging oak doors and frowns.

Speaking to Xanthium, Juspera exclaims, "Nononono!"

Juspera looks over at Xanthium and shakes her head.

Tatria says, "Need to look for chimenys near food sellers."

Juspera looks over at Xanthium and shakes her head.

Xanthium raises her voice in merry laughter.

Juspera says, "No."

Juspera gently rests her hand on Xanthium's shoulder.

Juspera says, "No."

Tatria inclines her head.

Tatria just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

Speaking to Xanthium, Juspera says, "He can't do that."

Ceyrin takes a drink from his whiskey-spiked coffee.

Juspera says, "That's not good."

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "He was just teasing.  I told you."

Juspera surveys the area.

The sound of the wind whistling comes from outside.

Juspera fidgets.

Ordim surveys the area.

You glance at Juspera.

Speaking to a black-eared red and grey fox, Akenna says, "Come on, time to shovel."

You glance at Xanthium.

Xanthium laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement from Juspera.

Akenna just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

Speaking to you, Juspera says, "Hi."

Juspera takes a bite of her rolton steak.

You wave to Juspera.

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

Lynaera carefully inspects her black wool cloak.

Juspera surreptitiously glances at Lynaera.

Ceyrin just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

Lynaera runs her hand across her cloak.

Ordim looks thoughtfully at you.

Nehor dryly says, "Aren't we all so talkative, of a sudden."

Xanthium glances at a set of swinging oak doors.

Talinvor nods at Traiva.

Nehor leans against a weathered rough stone fireplace.

Juspera says, "We are."

You say, "I need more yarn."

Juspera says, "You're just not included."

You say, "One moment."

Nehor frowns.

[Editor's Note: Faerinn leaves and returns.]

[Stumbling Pebble Bar II]
Dried, cracked boards mingle with newer knotted pine planks as they spread across the floor from the swinging oak doors to the white oak bar.  Several half-cask chairs are arranged in circles around the room, their backs weathered and cracked, while plump couches face a fireplace that looks as if it has seen better days.  A scattering of cracked peanut shells litters the floor around an oversized bowl that is set upon a faded blue rug.  You also see a stein of yabalithium melomel, a series of high barstools, a basket of sticks and Greth.
Also here: Flockmaster Nehor, Chatelaine Traiva, High Lord Talinvor, Xanthium, Lady in Waiting Lynaera, Relic Hunter Ordim who is sitting, Juspera who is sitting
Obvious exits: none

Juspera takes a bite of her rolton steak.

You perch atop one of the nearby high barstools and lean forward against the white oak bar.

Speaking to Nehor, Ordim adds, "And Socius' lies about magic memories."

Ordim furrows his brow.

Greth heaves a sigh and begins to count the bottles behind the bar, his eyes furrowed in concentration.  He mutters to himself, counting slowly.  After a few moments, he shrugs his shoulders and gives up.  "Looks like enough, anyway," he rumbles.

You continue to work on your ecru gloves, the needles moving along with determination requiring your complete attention.
Roundtime: 37 sec.

You say, "Like I wasn't even gone."

The flames glimmer, red and scarlet, orange and yellow.  The colors warm the surroundings and bring a cheerful glow to all things.

Xanthium nods to you.

Juspera starts chuckling at you!

Lynaera touches a series of runes on the exterior of her mithril reliquary as she opens it.

You ask, "What y'all feeling for lunch?"

Speaking to you, Juspera asks, "What do you know about parents and men?"

Lynaera touches a series of runes on the exterior of her mithril reliquary as she closes it, securing its contents.

Speaking innocently to you, Traiva says, "Cheese."

Juspera says, "I am eating my lunch."

Speaking to you, Xanthium says, "I spoke to one of the musicians at the Luna Rest, last week."

Juspera takes a bite of her rolton steak.

You cringe.

Speaking to Xanthium, Nehor says, "Fools mock those they do not understand. Though she is free to do as she pleases...what she does is in the interest of the Flock."

Nehor nods once at Juspera.

You ask, "Oh?"

Nehor amusedly says, "Whether she knows it or not."

(Juspera glances around, then discreetly wipes her bloody hands on the edge of the bar.)

Speaking to you, Xanthium says, "We could ask him if he's seen some children running about after meal hours."

Xanthium shrugs.

Speaking to Juspera, you say, "I know more about men than parents."

Heavy winds howling like a banshee can be heard coming from outside.

Juspera puckers her lips expectantly.

(Juspera licks off her fingers.)

Juspera glances at you.

Speaking to you, Juspera asks, "What do you know about men then?"

Speaking to Nehor, Xanthium says, "I don't think Juspera should be counted a fool.  Unless, of course, she wants you think that way."

Juspera nods vigorously at Xanthium!

Juspera exclaims, "Right!"

Nehor looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs.

Xanthium smiles at Juspera.

Nehor disinterestedly asks, "Mmm. Mayhaps leave thinking to those more able, no?"

Ordim rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Juspera scowls at Nehor.

Ordim nods in agreement at Talinvor.

Speaking in Elven to Xanthium, Lynaera says, "She is certainly a curious one."

Speaking to Juspera, you say, "That they are often very good looking then they say something and are suddenly not as good looking."

Juspera says, "I know you're talking about me, you know."

Juspera mutters under her breath.

Ordim's cheeks take on a slightly flushed tone.

Juspera starts chuckling at you!

Lynaera smiles at Juspera.

Speaking to you, Juspera whispers aloud, "I know what you're talking about."

You ask, "Is that a lead you want to check up on?"

Speaking to Nehor, Xanthium says, "You have such a charming way of beginning and continuing discussions.  It's a wonder we haven't been more forthcoming."

Juspera smiles uncertainly at Lynaera.

Ordim shrugs.

Lynaera winks at Juspera and flashes a sly grin.

Talinvor nods once at Ordim.

Juspera smiles uncertainly at Lynaera again.

Juspera fidgets.

Traiva rummages around in her pockets.

Juspera glances at Xanthium.

Speaking in Elven to Lynaera, Xanthium says, "She is.  And much misunderstood, I think."

Traiva sighs.

Speaking to Xanthium, Nehor says, "Whilst you wonder, I shall wander...over to the bar to get some more of this lovely coffee."

Nehor spends some time haggling with Greth Rottgut.

Traiva put a pewter stein in her black silk cloak.

Speaking to Traiva, Juspera asks, "Do you not have enough for food?"

Speaking to Juspera, you say, "Not a woman, but I certainly share that experience with many."

Speaking to Traiva, Juspera says, "I know because you donated so much for logs."

Lynaera nods politely at Xanthium.

Juspera says, "Here."

Juspera just handed Traiva some coins.

Traiva just handed Juspera some coins.

Juspera grins at you.

Nehor raises an eyebrow in Traiva's direction.

Traiva smiles at Juspera.

Juspera nods to you.

Lynaera raises an eyebrow in Nehor's direction.

Speaking dryly to Traiva, Nehor asks, "Reduced to handouts, then?"

Nehor examines Traiva closely, sizing her up and taking note of all the details.

Speaking to Nehor, Traiva scoffs, "Not in the least."

Xanthium grins at you.

Juspera fidgets.

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

You chuckle.

Speaking to Traiva, Nehor notes, "Your choker might sell for a pretty silver, if you are in need of coin."

Juspera mumbles, "I'm still hungry."

The fire dies down a bit until it finds some fresh wood to burn.  The flames dance higher as they feast.

Speaking to you, Xanthium asks, "Is that how they look right when you're thinking that they need a split lip?"

Nehor offers Juspera a round of fried dough branded with a charred design.

Juspera accepts Nehor's fried dough.

Traiva says, "However, I enjoy the metheglin, and a small shortage of silvers at the moment is perhaps a good thing."

Juspera gobbles down her fried dough in one enormous bite.

You nod at Xanthium.

Juspera glances at Traiva.

Nehor offers, "A bit dry I know but-"

Nehor blinks.

Juspera coughs.

You say, "Often. Sometimes its just a broken arm they need."

Speaking dryly to Juspera, Nehor says, "Well that is one way to get past any distaste in food."

Lynaera flags down a nearby urchin and exchanges a few words.  The urchin nods to Lynaera and scurries off.

Ordim nervously giggles.

Lynaera offers Traiva a Mist Harbor promissory note.

Traiva declines Lynaera's offer.

Lynaera gives a short little hum of surprise.

Traiva says, "Thank you all, really."

Traiva smiles.

Traiva says, "I have had.."

Traiva furrows her brow.

(Juspera coughs another dry cough, then gulps loudly.)

Speaking to you, Xanthium says, "They probably make even more dreadful noises then, though."

Traiva says, "Four steins this morning."

Traiva nods.

Talinvor begins chuckling at Traiva!

Juspera blinks.

Lynaera carefully places a Mist Harbor promissory note on the floor.

Juspera is admiring Traiva.

Nehor frowns at Juspera.

Nehor offers Juspera a murky mug of spiked coffee.

Ordim fidgets.

Juspera accepts Nehor's spiked coffee.

The fire sings its age-old song of home and hearth and protection as you gaze into the comforting blaze.

Juspera leans to her left slightly.

Nehor softly grumbles, "About as subtle as the Butcher, that one..."

Greth stretches backward, popping noises emanating from his back.  Sighing in relief, he mutters, "Gettin' old is for the birds, I'll say that much..."  At that moment, the cry of a seagull sounds from outside, and Greth chuckles and calls out, "You tell 'em!"

Nehor spends some time haggling with Greth Rottgut.

Nehor takes a drink from his spiked coffee.

A pained expression crosses Juspera's face.

Juspera takes a drink from her spiked coffee.

Juspera vigorously shakes her head.

Speaking to Nehor, Traiva adds, "And if you ever think I might have such a need for coin that I should have to worry about how much one of my jewels will cost, I will ensure you are unable to speak for a week."

Xanthium looks thoughtfully at Juspera.

Juspera grins at Xanthium weakly.

Speaking to Xanthium, you say, "Do you want to follow up on the Inn? I think they cook their food there."

You continue to work on your ecru gloves, the needles moving along with determination requiring your complete attention.
Roundtime: 20 sec.

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Nehor.

Speaking amusedly to Traiva, Nehor says, "I cannot tell if that is a threat or a proposition."

Speaking to Nehor, Ordim confirms, "A true wordsmith."

Ordim nods in agreement at Nehor.

Speaking to you, Xanthium asks, "We could do that.  Perhaps take Juspera with us...?"

Xanthium glances at Juspera.

Juspera asks, "What?"

You nod.

Ordim nervously giggles.

Speaking disdainfully to Nehor, Traiva says, "Unlike others, I have been able to improve my circumstances quite well of my own accord."

Lynaera whispers something to Traiva.

Talinvor amusedly says, "Hoarder."

Nehor airily exclaims, "Last time a lass made me unable to speak for a week...well. That was quite a night!"

Talinvor pokes Traiva in the ribs.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium asks, "Do you want to go to the inn with us?"

Nehor grins wickedly.

Juspera says, "Uh sure."

Juspera joins Xanthium's group.

Juspera stands up.

Juspera leans on Xanthium, giving her a companionable grin.

Xanthium grins.

Ordim covers his eyes with his hands.

You say, "Lead the way when you're ready."

Xanthium's group just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

Discussions on Where to Search for Children

Faerinn left for quite awhile again and returned.

[Stumbling Pebble Bar II]
Dried, cracked boards mingle with newer knotted pine planks as they spread across the floor from the swinging oak doors to the white oak bar.  Several half-cask chairs are arranged in circles around the room, their backs weathered and cracked, while plump couches face a fireplace that looks as if it has seen better days.  A scattering of cracked peanut shells litters the floor around an oversized bowl that is set upon a faded blue rug.  You also see a black-eared red and grey fox that is sitting, a stein of yabalithium melomel, a series of high barstools, a basket of sticks and Greth.
Also here: Flockmaster Nehor who is sitting, Relic Hunter Ordim, Chatelaine Traiva, High Lord Talinvor
Obvious exits: none

You perch atop one of the nearby high barstools and lean forward against the white oak bar.

[Editor's Note: Faerinn chatted with these people for quite awhile before any action occurred.]

Speaking curiously to you, Talinvor asks, "You mentioned that you think you know where the girl might be hiding?"

Ordim briefly draws down the edges of his slate grey cowl.

Ordim takes a bite of his peach muffin.

Nehor says, "At least its warm here...the snow still blows fierce outside despite the butcher saying he'd "handled" it."

Speaking to Nehor, Ordim reminds, "He was using the excuse that it would take a long time."

Ordim giggles.

Ordim rolls his eyes.

You nod at Talinvor.

Ordim sighs.

You say, "There's only a few bakeries around town with that big of an oven."

Ordim suggests, "It is sad that he has become a crazy hermit though."

Ordim ponders.

Ordim shrugs.

Akenna nods to you.

Ordim briefly draws down the edges of his slate grey cowl.

Ordim takes a bite of his peach muffin.

Ordim ponders.

Ordim offers, "I hope the first-islanders are doing ok."

Ordim frets.

Speaking thoughtfully to you, Talinvor says, "I'm not familiar with bakeries, per se here."

Now and again, some resin hidden in the wood is ignited by the flames, and the fire snaps and crackles loudly.  The sweet smell of the resin permeates the air and fills your nostrils.

You nod at Ordim.

Akenna says, "I went out there and I cleared the snow a few times."

You say, "There are two...maybe three."

Akenna shrugs.

Ordim glances between Talinvor and yourself.

Ordim fidgets.

Ordim briefly draws down the edges of his slate grey cowl.

Ordim takes a bite of his peach muffin.

Speaking to you, Nehor asks, "And you are convinced it is a bakery, then?"

You say, "Bakeries."

Traiva laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.

Nehor clarifies, "That this child hides at."

Traiva put a wooden hedgehog ornament in her black silk cloak.

Akenna says, "I would guess a bakery, a big oven makes for good heat... perhaps in an attic."

You say, "Matches the description."

Nehor looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs.

Traiva removes several orange wedges from in her black silk cloak.

Akenna runs her hand across the head of a black-eared red and grey fox and gives him a light scratch; the fox butts her hand in response as if begging for more.

Talinvor grins crookedly.

Nehor indifferently says, "Children aren't my area of expertise. Noisy, dirty little things."

Nehor shivers.

You say, "Having a second story narrows it down further, but a roof has easy access."

Ordim offers, "Maybe they finally got around to building a roblar-sized oven to bake my roblar-sized muffin as my reward."

Ordim nods knowingly.

Traiva smiles faintly as she takes a small bite of an orange wedge.

Akenna runs her hand across the head of a black-eared red and grey fox and gives him a light scratch; the fox butts her hand in response as if begging for more.

Ordim briefly draws down the edges of his slate grey cowl.

Ordim takes a bite of his peach muffin.

Ordim adopts an agreeable expression.

Nehor loosens the fastenings on his crimson velvet coatee, allowing it to hang open.

Now and again, some resin hidden in the wood is ignited by the flames, and the fire snaps and crackles loudly.  The sweet smell of the resin permeates the air and fills your nostrils.

Talinvor tilts his spiced blood wine side to side, making the light play off it.

Talinvor takes a drink from his spiced blood wine.

(Akenna lays her chin on top of the red and grey fox's head as its sits still in her lap.)

Ordim briefly draws down the edges of his slate grey cowl.

Ordim takes a bite of his peach muffin.

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

Nehor removes a bar of white chocolate from in his instrument case.

Nehor offhandedly says, "I did find something that might help us lure the child out though."

Nehor waves a bar of white chocolate around.

Ordim sniffs.

Ordim glances at Nehor.

Ordim's stomach growls.

Traiva removes a blue-swirled glaes candy jar with a silver lid from in her black silk cloak.

Traiva shows Nehor her glaes candy jar.

Speaking to Nehor, Traiva says, "I hope your chocolate works better than my candy."

Talinvor begins chuckling at Nehor!

Nehor admits, "We shall see. Have to find them first."

Ordim narrows his eyes.

Talinvor glances between Traiva and Nehor.

Talinvor says, "That's actually... a good plan."

Ordim says, "Both are better then yelling about socks from earlier."

Ordim nervously giggles.

Traiva put a blue-swirled glaes candy jar with a silver lid in her black silk cloak.

Ordim says, "Cuz every kid wants socks..."

Talinvor says, "Fishing for children."

Ordim rolls his eyes.

Talinvor snickers.

Speaking dryly to Talinvor, Nehor says, "You seem surprised."

s>act mimes opening a big map between his hands. 

(Faerinn mimes opening a big map between his hands.)

Speaking wryly to Nehor, Talinvor says, "That you and Traiva agree on similar tactics, eii."

Ordim mutters something about socks.

Nehor allows, "...fair enough."

Akenna absentmindedly rubs her hand across the flap of her leather musette.

Akenna glances at a marble jar of cinnamon honey in her hand.

Speaking to Talinvor, Traiva admits, "It was... either Naamit or Ceyrin who made the suggestion about candy earlier."

Traiva says, "I just happened to be able to oblige. Or try to."

You say, "I think there are only two kitchens that are big enough to match that description."

Akenna removes a small woven teak basket from in her ramie linen cloak.

Talinvor says, "Sounds like Naamit, more than Ceyrin."

The fire dies down a bit until it finds some fresh wood to burn.  The flames dance higher as they feast.

Akenna reaches under the handle of her woven teak basket to prop its cover open.

(Faerinn mimes folding back up a map that is not there.)

Nehor yawns.

Akenna removes a sticky apple strudel from in her woven teak basket.

Nehor sleepily says, "It mayhaps is too warm in here."

Akenna put a sticky apple strudel in her woven teak basket.

Talinvor wryly says, "Of course Ordim could leave his trail of muffin crumbs as an alternative option."

Ordim glances down.

Akenna says, "Well, it looks like I have sweet things."

Speaking to Talinvor, Ordim warns, "Those are my crumbs!"

Ordim furrows his brow.

Spying a bit of frosting in his toe-hair, Ordim adjusts his black leather tunic and gracefully bows and scoops it up.

Speaking to Ordim, Talinvor exclaims, "They're all over the floor!"

Akenna says, "Though it isn't something I am fond of.  I keep them on hand for Celaena."

A log crashes and falls over into the fire.  The flames grow upon it slowly, like roses awakening, until the whole log is aglow with a garden of embers.

Talinvor glances down.

Speaking to Talinvor, Ordim confirms, "I'm saving them for later..."

Ordim stares off into space.

Speaking to Akenna, Nehor asks, "Then you wont mind parting with it, no?"

Akenna removes a sticky apple strudel from in her woven teak basket.

Akenna offers Nehor a sticky apple strudel.

Nehor declines Akenna's offer.

Traiva takes a bite of her orange wedges.

Akenna put a sticky apple strudel in her woven teak basket.

Speaking to Akenna, Nehor clarifies, "For the children. Do I look like I need to be any sweeter?"

Nehor strikes a noble, proud pose, throwing his crimson velvet coatee back and staring off into the distance.

Talinvor laughs softly, trying to hide his amusement from Nehor.

Ordim quickly lifts the edge of his slate grey cowl and covers his mouth, only to seconds later issue a muffled cough.

Speaking to Nehor, Akenna says, "You're sticky... like sweet things."

Speaking amusedly to Nehor, Talinvor says, "Sweet was not the adjective I was thinking."

Akenna adds, "But not sweet."

Ordim furrows his brow.

Ordim offers, "Gross."

Ordim covers his eyes with his hands.

Speaking wryly to Talinvor, Nehor asks, "Dare I ask what adjective you had in mind?"

Nehor glances at Akenna.

Talinvor grins smugly.

Speaking to Nehor, Ordim suggests, "Cobbled."

Ordim raises his arms defensively in front of his face and ducks behind them.

Speaking to Ordim, Akenna says, "Sticky like... annoying."

Talinvor says, "Probably best for me to stay silent on that."

Speaking to Akenna, Nehor says, "Sticky...may or may not be actually a compliment. Sometimes sticky can be good."

Nehor looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs.

Akenna says, "Things that are sticky are annoying... honey sticky is annoying, but you suffer it because well, it is honey.. you're that sticky without the honey part."

Nehor scratches his head.

Akenna slips her hand under the a black-eared red and grey fox's head and lightly scratches at his chin and neck.

Speaking carefully to Akenna, Nehor notes, "You may want to work on your metaphors, perhaps. That one was a bit...convoluted."

You say, "Y'all are making me hungry and this is not a great place to be hungry."

Speaking silkily to Akenna, Talinvor says, "Some find enjoyment in licking it off."

Nehor glances between Talinvor and Akenna.

Ordim covers his eyes with his hands.

Ordim blushes a slightly flushed hue to the tops of his ears.

Gazing into the flames, your mind wanders.  You relive old adventures and battles and plan greater triumphs yet to be.  It is pleasant to sit here and dream by the fire.  Perhaps you will conquer the world tomorrow, or another day.  There is always a tomorrow.  But for now, the fire lulls you warmly.

Akenna wrinkles her nose.

Speaking to Talinvor, Ordim warns, "She's going to eat more dirt!"

Ordim frets.

Speaking amusedly to Ordim, Talinvor says, "Oh? I thought she was implying she liked sticky things because they can be sweet."

You say, "Honey's only fun in small doses."

Talinvor looks thoughtfully at Akenna.

Speaking to Nehor, Akenna says, "You're just annoyingly sticky... the kind you want to get rid of.. but just when you think you've wiped it away, back you come."

Talinvor adds, "Like honey."

Ordim shrugs at Talinvor.

Talinvor says, "She could have said tar."

Talinvor nods at Ordim.

Talinvor says, "But no, she said honey."

Talinvor grins slowly.

Speaking to Talinvor, Ordim reminds, "She also wanted to eat dirt before so... maybe she doesn't know what food is?"

Ordim shrugs at Talinvor.

Nehor sternly says, "We are not covering me in honey to draw out children."

Nehor quickly says, "Or tar."

Talinvor laughs at Nehor!

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Nehor.

Speaking to Nehor, Ordim suggests, "Crumbs."

Ordim nods slowly.

Speaking to Nehor, Traiva comments, "Honey is good for the skin."

Nehor simply suggests, "Perhaps we should refrain from covering me at all. Let them bask in the warmth of my radiant personality."

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Nehor.

Traiva coughs.

Talinvor smirks.

Ordim offers, "Any other ideas?"

(Traiva quickly covers her coughs with the back of her hand.)

Ordim surveys the area.

Ordim suggests, "Who has a fishing pole?"

Ordim ponders.

Traiva slowly empties her lungs.

Nehor glances at Ordim.

Nehor rolls his eyes.

The fire dies down a bit until it finds some fresh wood to burn.  The flames dance higher as they feast.

Traiva stands up.

Talinvor asks, "So the plan is to kidnap this child and drag her here to Greth's?"

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Talinvor.

Nehor smoothly corrects, "To find them and rescue them...to Greths, yes."

Speaking to Talinvor, Akenna says, "The plan is to find the girl, bring her back here to Greth."

Speaking to Talinvor, Ordim argues, "We aren't part of Socius' child smuggling ring... we are going to suggest that the child needs new socks and they can get them here."

(Faerinn mimes pulling out a small card out of a filing cabinet and examines the card that is not there.)

Ordim rolls his eyes.

Talinvor asks, "Against her will, eii?"

Talinvor says, "Her brother said she won't come here."

Traiva walks over to the couch and settles down.

Talinvor asks, "Or did I mishear?"

Traiva takes a bite of her orange wedges.

Traiva says, "She is hard to find."

Speaking to Talinvor, Akenna says, "She said she was afraid because she didn't know Greth."

Strong winds can be heard coming from outside.

Nehor admits, "I was not listening."

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Greth.

Akenna says, "But if we tell her that her sibling is here.."

You mutter, "Yeah the Breakfast Nook doesn't count as a bakery. They don't even have an oven."

Talinvor grins at you.

(Faerinn mimes putting away the card into the filing cabinet that is not there and pulls another.)

Ordim glances nervously at you.

Speaking to Akenna, Talinvor adds, "Instead of finding a place for them both."

Fetid fumes, intermingled with the scent of rot and decay, suddenly flood the area.

Akenna sighs, "You think the worst of everyone."

Nehor whispers something to Ordim.

Ordim nods in agreement at Nehor.

Fetid fumes, intermingled with the scent of rot and decay, suddenly flood the area.

Akenna gestures crisply and utters a practiced phrase as raw elemental energies issue forth from her dimly glowing eyes.

Akenna gestures.

Akenna appears to be keenly aware of her surroundings.

Speaking incredulously to Akenna, Nehor stresses, "*HE* thinks the worst in everyone?"

Speaking to Akenna, Talinvor says, "Then when someone does better, I can be pleasantly suprised."

The fire dies down a bit until it finds some fresh wood to burn.  The flames dance higher as they feast.

Speaking to Akenna, Traiva says, "You have to admit that the way it was told to us, it sounds rather more as Talinvor put it."

Fetid fumes, intermingled with the scent of rot and decay, suddenly flood the area.

Nehor nods in agreement at Ordim.

Fetid fumes, intermingled with the scent of rot and decay, suddenly flood the area.

Akenna says, "Maybe."

Akenna frowns.

You mutter, "Gardenia Gourmet barely bakes. Probably buys their confections elsewhere whole sale."

Speaking pointedly to Akenna, Traiva says, "I have a space but you can't come because you are too big."

Ordim takes a deep breath.

Ordim frets.

Nehor raises an eyebrow in Traiva's direction.

The fire burns cheerily within the fireplace, radiating a comforting level of heat and casting a ruddy glow.  You bask in the warmth and recall many happy times spent in front of a cozy fire such as this.

A bank of embers beneath the burning wood glow a fiery scarlet, appearing to all the world like burning rubies set on black velvet in some fanciful jeweler's shop.

Speaking to Traiva, Akenna says, "That's true, yes."

Ordim points at you!

Speaking pointedly to Akenna, Traiva adds, "And I will not even tell you where it is."

Nehor shakes his head, clucking his tongue.

Speaking to Traiva, Akenna says, "Well, maybe she's a mean child... but sometimes losing your home makes you hard."

(Faerinn mimes putting away another card.)

Talinvor says, "There were plenty of places that urchins could go, but they hide from real shelters. They fear getting caught more than the cold, I think."

Talinvor glances at a set of swinging oak doors.

(Traiva pointedly ignores Nehor.)

Talinvor says, "Until death is a possibility."

Nehor chuckles.

Traiva takes a bite of her orange wedges.

You mutter, "Misty's Teas has a stove, but its very small. No need for a chimney."

Ordim says, "Several shivers snake swiftly, sending spines shaking."

Ordim twitches, trying to control a vocal outburst, before settling into a disdained grumble while regaining composure.

Nehor idly sorts through the pockets of his crimson velvet coatee.

The fire burns cheerily within the fireplace, radiating a comforting level of heat and casting a ruddy glow.  You bask in the warmth and recall many happy times spent in front of a cozy fire such as this.

Akenna pets a black-eared red and grey fox, which nuzzles her hand softly.

Akenna's red and grey fox jumps down from her arms and lands lightly on the ground.

Nehor nods slowly at Talinvor.

Talinvor takes a drink from his spiced blood wine.

Ceyrin just arrived.

Nehor glances at Ceyrin.

(Faerinn mimes drawing another card from his invisible filing cabinet.)

Speaking dryly to Ceyrin, Nehor says, "I was wondering why it got colder in here."

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

Talinvor smirks.

The fire dies down a bit until it finds some fresh wood to burn.  The flames dance higher as they feast.

Talinvor takes a drink from his spiced blood wine.

Lynaera dusts Ordim off.

Ordim confirms, "I guess we found who is going to coat him in honey."

Traiva walks over to the couch and settles down.

Nehor glances at Ordim.

Ordim stares off into space.

Nehor rolls his eyes.

Akenna gestures crisply and utters a practiced phrase as raw elemental energies issue forth from her dimly glowing eyes.

Akenna gestures.

Akenna appears to be keenly aware of her surroundings.

Akenna narrows her eyes.

Traiva takes a bite of her orange wedges.

Akenna searches around for a moment.

You mutter, "Scuttlebug has a second floor, but does not serve food."

Talinvor gives a sidelong glance at you.

Ordim stares at you.

Ordim mouths, "The madness."

Nehor stands up.

Speaking amusedly to Ordim, Talinvor says, "You're one to talk."

Talinvor touches one finger to his lips.

Ordim waves a hand at Talinvor, dismissing him indifferently.

Akenna runs her hand across the head of a black-eared red and grey fox and gives him a light scratch; the fox butts her hand in response as if begging for more.

You ponder.

Ceyrin presses his fingers to his wristcuff.  A brief spasm wracks his shoulders in shivering.

Ceyrin gets an odd look on his face.

Ceyrin presses his fingers to his wristcuff.  A brief spasm wracks his shoulders in shivering.

The Search for Children Resumes

An elderly voice drifts in from nearby, "All who have been involved with the tracking down of the children are invited back to Greth's.  It is our understanding that the remaining child should be out and about soon, and we are going to track her down."

Akenna gets an odd look on her face.

Ordim ponders.

Talinvor inclines his ear, listening intently.

You mutter, "Fickle's, the Cookery, and Tootie's also have no kitchen."

Heavy winds howling like a banshee can be heard coming from outside.

Sparks shoot up from the flames to dance in the hot air above the fire.  They glow brightly for a time and then slowly burn up and fly away as ash on the wind.  You feel this is a commentary on life itself, and it saddens you for a moment.

Speaking to Talinvor, Ordim says, "Did you know one time a child got hold of a magic wand and made it warm in Icemule... I think thats what happened."

Ordim ponders.

The red and grey fox pads over to Akenna and leaps easily into her arms, his tail wrapping about himself as he settles in Akenna's grasp.

Ordim says, "Maybe this child has a magic wand too."

Ordim ponders.

You ask, "Does the Bistro?"

Nehor whispers something to Lynaera.

Speaking amusedly to Ordim, Talinvor says, "I thought you were suggesting it might have been Socius."

Speaking to Ordim, Lynaera says, "It was a Sylvan child, and he made it snow in Ta'Vaalor."

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Lynaera.

Speaking to Lynaera, Ordim exclaims, "Close enough!"

(Faerinn mimes examining another card.)

Ordim giggles.

Talinvor asks, "The ice witch magic?"

You say, "Maybe the Bistro."

Nehor says, "Well, once everyone gets here we can spread out and find the bra-...er, child."

Nehor clears his throat.

Ordim ponders.

Ordim looks over at Talinvor and shakes his head.

You nod.

[Editor's Note: Faerinn left and began searching the town.]

A Spindly Giantman Girl


[Eastern Harbor, Crane Lane]
Lining the sidewalks, the windows of the glass lanterns that dangle from wrought iron shepherd's crooks glitter in the sunlight.  Enormous terra cotta urns set at the base of each pole are filled with star-shaped lavender clematis, their wide, dark green vines twining about the slender crooks.  Standing out amid the verdant lawns and sprawling villas that line the cobblestone street is a palm-thatched bamboo shop that has an elegant painted sign dangling over its front door.  You also see a black-eared red and grey fox.
Also here: Akenna, Lady in Waiting Lynaera, Relic Hunter Ordim, High Lord Talinvor, Chatelaine Traiva, Flockmaster Nehor
Obvious paths: east, west

Akenna sighs.

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Nehor.

Akenna loses some awareness.

Xanthium just arrived.

Akenna carefully places a plush squirrel doll tenaciously clutching an oversized acorn on the ground.

Ordim shakes his head, clucking his tongue.

High Lady Rohese just arrived.

Speaking wryly to Nehor, Talinvor asks, "We come in peace?"

Gusts of heavy snowfall blow across the area.

Ordim nervously giggles.

Rohese inclines her head.

Akenna says, "My fox wants you to have this doll, miss."

Xanthium glances up.

Lynaera nods politely at Rohese.

Speaking plainly to Talinvor, Nehor exclaims, "What? We do!"

Nehor searches around for a moment.

Rohese smiles at Lynaera.

Xanthium smiles at Akenna.

You quietly whisper to Xanthium, "Seems we were wrong, as to where."

Ordim says, "I'm sure Lady Rohese is skilled in getting fickle gnomes out of burrows."

Rohese nods in greeting at Lynaera.

Ordim nods.

Xanthium nods to you.

Speaking to Rohese, Ordim says, "The child doesn't want to come out."

Rohese looks thoughtfully at Ordim.

Speaking to Rohese, Ordim says, "And everyone keeps offering her socks."

A spindly giantman girl exclaims, "Leave me alone!  I can't trust any of you!"

Ordim scowls.

A spindly giantman girl just went west.

Akenna promises, "On my grandmother, we won't hurt you."

Flockmaster Nehor's group just went west.

Rohese confidently asks, "I am, am I?"

[Eastern Harbor, Crane Lane]
White picket fences, their thick and thin slats entangled with vines laden with niveous violet-striped clematis and red-throated saffron hibiscus, encircle the yards of the houses that line the cobbled street.  Shell-lined pathways wind their way through the verdant lawns that the fences encircle and allow easy passage from the street to the cottages beyond, some of which have signs proclaiming them to be shops.  Lamps, their glass windows glinting in the sunlight, dangle from wrought iron shepherd's crooks that line the streets.  You also see a black-eared red and grey fox.
Also here: Akenna, Lady in Waiting Lynaera, Relic Hunter Ordim, High Lord Talinvor, Chatelaine Traiva, Flockmaster Nehor
Obvious paths: east, northwest

You hear the faint whisper of Xanthium saying, "I don't mind being wrong.  I'm glad she was found."

Lynaera whispers something to Rohese.

Talinvor asks, "We wish to discover who or what is behind this kidnapping. Why is trust broken?"

Rohese nods understandingly at Lynaera.

Nehor grumpily complains, "Why...did she have...to run..."

Nehor gasps.

The rosy-cheeked gnome idly toys with fur edging along the flap of her hat, eyes unfocused and daydreaming.

Talinvor glances at a fur-clad rosy-cheeked gnome.

Speaking to Talinvor, Ordim reminds, "Socius' smuggling ring."

Ordim nods.

Rohese joins Nehor's group.

Ordim frets.

Speaking to Nehor, Akenna says, "You're rather out of shape."

A spindly giantman girl scowls, her gaze suspicious.

Nehor loudly whines, "My calf! I think I pulled something!"

Xanthium nods to the giantman girl.

Akenna smiles at the girl.

You wave to the girl.

Nehor mutters under his breath.

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Xanthium says, "You've been out here a long time."

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Akenna promises, "We don't want to hurt you."

A spindly giantman girl takes a careful step backward, keeping her distance.

You say, "Yes, all these adults are lame, but freezing to death is worse."

Akenna takes a few graceful steps backward.

Speaking softly to a spindly giantman girl, Traiva says, "Your sister is sick, you know. Greth is keeping her warm, so she can get better."

[Eastern Harbor, Approach]
Wide cobblestone steps fall in a gentle progression from the white picket fence that separates Mist Harbor proper from the Eastern Harbor to the streets below.  Following the curve and contrast of the winding stairs are tile-inlaid planters, the vibrant vegetation filling them displayed in a rainbow pattern.  Lamp posts wrought in the image of shepherd's crooks, their quiescent windows glinting in the sunlight, are evenly spaced amid the plants.  You also see a spindly giantman girl, the Xanthium disk, a black-eared red and grey fox, a frost white disstressed haon cart with patches of slush grey with some stuff on it and a fur-clad rosy-cheeked gnome.
Also here: High Lady Rohese, Xanthium, Akenna, Lady in Waiting Lynaera, Relic Hunter Ordim, High Lord Talinvor, Chatelaine Traiva, Flockmaster Nehor
Obvious paths: southeast

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Nehor soothes, "It's okay. We're here to help you."

A spindly giantman girl exclaims, "I don't need your help.  I'm doing just fine!"

Speaking curiously to a spindly giantman girl, Talinvor says, "You've done well to survive alone out here, girl."

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Xanthium says, "We could help you find a warmer place to sleep, and better food."

>look girl
Gangly and slender, this young girl is relatively clean, though her clothes are patched and torn in places.  She has a defiant air about her, and a hard-eyed gaze.

A spindly giantman girl stamps her feet in the snow.

Ordim giggles.

The girl moves out of Nehor's way and glances at him.

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Akenna asks, "But wouldn't you like more food?"

Nehor carefully places a bar of white chocolate on the ground.

Lifting first one foot and then another, Nehor slowly backpedals.

A spindly giantman girl exclaims, "You'd just poison it!"

You say, "So help yourself and go inside. We know a place."

Akenna blinks at a spindly giantman girl.

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Nehor says, "Go ahead. Take it. It isnt poison."

Ordim gazes thoughtfully at a bar of white chocolate.

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Akenna asks, "What?"

Traiva shakes her head at a spindly giantman girl.

Ordim furrows his brow.

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Xanthium says, "You do look hungry."

Ordim says, "Sounds like she was raised by the Militia."

Ordim rolls his eyes.

A spindly giantman girl exclaims, "I know how grownups work!  You poison things.  You think it's funny!"

The red and grey fox pants quietly.

Rohese's expression towards Ordim gives the impression that perhaps a different approach is in order.

Gusts of heavy snowfall blow across the area.

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Talinvor says, "You have information - and this weather is a mystery. The issues perhaps are linked."

Speaking to Ordim, Nehor agrees, "Must be too scared the Butcher will get her."

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Akenna says, "I would never poison you--"

Ordim nods in agreement at Nehor.

A spindly giantman girl asks, "How can I trust that?"

The rosy-cheeked gnome idly toys with fur edging along the flap of her hat, eyes unfocused and daydreaming.

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Akenna says, "Here."

Talinvor picks up a bar of white chocolate.

Akenna removes a huge slice of chocolate cake from in her woven teak basket.

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Talinvor.

The red and grey fox barks.

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Akenna says, "I'll feed it to phalyn."

Akenna feeds a black-eared red and grey fox a bite of her chocolate cake.

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, you say, "Fair enough. Go inside. Cook your own food. Get warm. We know a place."

A spindly giantman girl looks around wildly.

Ordim fidgets.

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Akenna says, "I wouldn't do that if it was poison."

The girl moves out of Talinvor's way and glances at him.

Ordim whines, "I'll eat the candy..."

Akenna says, "I love my gox."

Talinvor carefully places a bar of white chocolate on the ground.

Akenna carefully places a huge slice of chocolate cake on the ground.

Talinvor shrugs.

Akenna nods to the giantman girl.

Nehor whispers something to Ordim.

A spindly giantman girl fidgets.

Nehor loses some awareness.

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Talinvor says, "These people would feed you until you burst."

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Nehor.

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Akenna says, "You know it is safe... I wouldn't poison my fox."

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Xanthium says, "Would you like that?  Faerinn speaks truly.  Just come get warm."

Lynaera nods encouragingly to the giantman girl.

A spindly giantman girl asks, "Do... do you know where my sister is?"

Xanthium, Akenna, Rohese, Traiva, and Faerinn nod to the giantman girl.

Nehor gently soothes, "We do."

A spindly giantman girl squints.

Traiva softly says, "We can take you to her."

Rohese removes a warm blanket from in her greige wool longcoat.

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Akenna says, "She's with Greth, he's a good man."

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Xanthium says, "She's safe, but she needs you."

Traiva says, "She is sick."

Speaking softly to a spindly giantman girl, Rohese asks, "Does this look familiar?"

Nehor says, "And we can take you to her. Just come along with us....we would never hurt you."

Rohese shows a spindly giantman girl her warm blanket.

A spindly giantman girl blinks.

Xanthium nods slowly at Rohese.

Rohese smiles at the girl.

Nehor whispers something to Ordim.

Ordim looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs.

You remove a pair of knit deep plum socks from in your ebon longcoat.

A spindly giantman girl exclaims, "Fine!  You... you go ahead... and I'll follow.  But no funny stuff!"

Speaking gently to a spindly giantman girl, Rohese explains, "We are keeping all the children warm and safe."

Nehor beams!

A spindly giantman girl scowls ferociously.

Xanthium smiles at the girl.

You drop a pair of knit deep plum socks.

Speaking to Talinvor, Ordim suggests, "She means you."

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Nehor vows, "No funny stuff."

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Akenna promises, "No funny stuff."

Ordim nods slowly.

A fur-clad rosy-cheeked gnome pushes her cart off to the southeast.

Traiva smiles.

You say, "You can have these."

You point at a pair of knit deep plum socks.

Talinvor scoffs at Ordim.

A spindly giantman girl snatches up a pair of knit deep plum socks.

You say, "I don't care if you want them or not."

You shrug.

Xanthium just went through a white picket fence.

Ordim mutters, "The socks worked?"

Ordim frets.

Ordim rolls his eyes.

Speaking calmly to a spindly giantman girl, Nehor instructs, "Come along quickly then."

Talinvor nods at Ordim.

A spindly giantman girl stuffs the socks into a hidden pocket.

Flockmaster Nehor's group just went through a white picket fence.

Juspera just came through a white picket fence.

[Editor's Note: The group starts making it's way to the Stumbling Pebble Bar II.]

Rohese nods in agreement at Akenna.

Speaking to his silver-laced sandals, Ordim says, "I'd never hide you behind socks."

Speaking gently to a spindly giantman girl, Rohese says, "As you should."

A blinding flurry of snowflakes drifts down from the grey skies.

Juspera pulls on you, trying to get you closer.

Juspera whispers, "What are you doing?"

Akenna snaps the cover of her woven teak basket shut.

Akenna smiles at the girl.

Nehor nods approvingly to the giantman girl.

You quietly whisper to Juspera, "Winging it."

A spindly giantman girl squints.

Juspera whispers, "Is that a Flock pun?"

Talinvor glances at a ramshackle brown-shingled store.

A red-haired freckled human pirate wanders in, muttering to himself.

You quietly whisper to Juspera, "Maybe."

Lynaera takes a drink from her warm jasmine tea.

Ordim surveys the area.

Fetid fumes, intermingled with the scent of rot and decay, suddenly flood the area.

Ordim glances at a red-haired freckled human pirate.

Ordim frets.

A pained expression crosses Juspera's face.

Juspera surveys the area.

A spindly giantman girl says, "This is where that guy has his bar."

Juspera fidgets.

Akenna nods to the giantman girl.

Fetid fumes, intermingled with the scent of rot and decay, suddenly flood the area.

Talinvor nods to the giantman girl.

Rohese smiles.

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Traiva says, "Your sister is inside."

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Ordim agrees, "With the terrible food."

You nod to the giantman girl.

Ordim nods in agreement.

A spindly giantman girl takes a careful step backwards.

Fetid fumes, intermingled with the scent of rot and decay, suddenly flood the area.

Ordim frets.

Speaking calmly to a spindly giantman girl, Nehor says, "Yes. He has tasked us in helping to find you...to help you get back to your sister."

Ordim says, "Well.. its not that bad."

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Akenna says, "I think Penre made the soup."

A pot-bellied tanned town crier greets a passing tourist and provides her with instructions on how to get to a nearby shop.

Fetid fumes, intermingled with the scent of rot and decay, suddenly flood the area.

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Akenna says, "So you don't have to worry."

Akenna says, "It's probably okay."

A spindly giantman girl says, "Who's Penre?  I don't know any Penre..."

Ordim says, "Though it does smell."

Ordim furrows his brow.

Rohese disgustedly asks, "What is that smell?"

Rohese wrinkles her nose.

Rohese glances around the area.

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Akenna says, "He's a good person."

You say, "You can go in or not. Sister's in there though."

Akenna gestures crisply and utters a practiced phrase as raw elemental energies issue forth from her dimly glowing eyes.

Akenna gestures.

Akenna appears to be keenly aware of her surroundings.

Talinvor says, "Someone stalking."

You shrug.

Akenna searches around for a moment.

Lynaera folds her hands behind her back.

Ordim looks thoughtfully at a red-haired freckled human pirate.

A spindly giantman girl squares her shoulders and thrusts her jaw out belligerently.

Ordim says, "I thought kids like pirates."

A spindly giantman girl asks, "My sister's in there?"

Ordim shrugs.

Traiva nods to the giantman girl.

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Akenna says, "Yes miss."

Nehor adopts an agreeable expression.

You nod.

Speaking softly to a spindly giantman girl, Rohese encourages, "Come inside, it's nice and warm and your sister is in there."

Juspera gives a sigh of exasperation.

You say, "Up to you to go in."

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Nehor says, "We'll make sure nothing happens to you. The Flock is here to keep you safe."

Nehor nods sagely.

Talinvor looks thoughtfully at a pot-bellied tanned town crier.

The pirate whistles, tossing a gold coin and snatching it from the air.

Lady in Waiting Lynaera just went into a ramshackle brown-shingled store.

Juspera fidgets.

Speaking to Nehor, Akenna says, "Well go in first."

Nehor calmly instructs, "Follow us inside."

Flockmaster Nehor's group just went into a ramshackle brown-shingled store.

[Stumbling Pebble Bar II]
Dried, cracked boards mingle with newer knotted pine planks as they spread across the floor from the swinging oak doors to the white oak bar.  Several half-cask chairs are arranged in circles around the room, their backs weathered and cracked, while plump couches face a fireplace that looks as if it has seen better days.  A scattering of cracked peanut shells litters the floor around an oversized bowl that is set upon a faded blue rug.  You also see a wood-framed fishing net chair, a black-eared red and grey fox, a spindly giantman girl, the Xanthium disk, a stein of yabalithium melomel, a series of high barstools, a basket of sticks and Greth.
Also here: Juspera, High Lady Rohese, Akenna, Relic Hunter Ordim who is sitting, High Lord Talinvor, Chatelaine Traiva, Flockmaster Nehor, Lady in Waiting Lynaera, Ceyrin, Xanthium
Obvious exits: none

Juspera walks toward Xanthium.

The fire sings its age-old song of home and hearth and protection as you gaze into the comforting blaze.

Speaking to Greth, Nehor says, "Here is the last of them, I believe. The Flock keeps its promises...and we did promise you we would save them."

You remove a knitted black sweater from in your ebon longcoat.

You drop a knitted black sweater.

A spindly giantman girl blurts, "I want to see her.  And you all keep your distance!  I'm watching you!"

You say, "My clumsy hands again."

Xanthium nods to the giantman girl.

Surely there are more interesting things to nudge than the sweater!

Akenna nods understandingly to the giantman girl.

>poke sweater
Going around poking things isn't going to get you far.

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Xanthium says, "I will.  She's sleeping, I'm sure she'll be glad to see you."

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Akenna says, "I will."

You say, "Can't seem to pick up the sweater again."

Greth lifts both hands reassuringly and nods to a small door behind the bar.  "She's in there, but please keep it quiet as you go through... others are sleeping in there, including your sister."

You say, "Might need smaller hands to do it."

Nehor folds his hands behind his back.

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Xanthium says, "You should take that sweater."

Ordim removes a cast iron muffin tin from in his dark grey satchel.

Akenna takes a few graceful steps backward.

Xanthium nods to the giantman girl.

Ordim removes a warm orange muffin from in his muffin tin.

Speaking amusedly to Ceyrin, Rohese whispers aloud, "She's a feisty little thing, I like her."

Ordim put a cast iron muffin tin in his dark grey satchel.

Greth says, "Just relax, young one.  None will hurt you here."

Speaking to a spindly giantman girl, Xanthium says, "It looks warm.  It'd fit you well."

Ordim briefly draws down the edges of his slate grey cowl.

Ordim takes a bite of his orange muffin.

Speaking to Xanthium, Juspera says, "I think you could use it, actually."

Ceyrin agrees with Greth.

Talinvor glances at a wood-framed fishing net chair.

A spindly giantman girl scowls at Greth, then mutters, "We'll see about that," as she darts through the small door.

Speaking to Xanthium, Juspera says, "That gown looks really thin."

A spindly giantman girl just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

Rohese lets out a sigh of relief.

You say, "Or not."

You shrug.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "I'm by the fire."

Greth exhales.

Ordim wipes the sweat from his brow.

Xanthium shrugs at Juspera.

Ordim says, "We caught them all."

Ordim nods approvingly.

Speaking to Xanthium, Juspera asks, "Yeah? You gonna stay there all day?"

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "My robe is made of lots of layers.  I'm fine."

Greth Says Some Things

Greth says, "Look... I... got a few things I wanna say."

The fire sings its age-old song of home and hearth and protection as you gaze into the comforting blaze.

Juspera says, "Fine."

Juspera turns to face Greth.

Nehor raises an eyebrow.

Nehor turns an inquisitive ear toward Greth.

Speaking to Rohese, Ceyrin says, "She's probably pretty angry about what happened to her earlier this year."

Lynaera turns an inquisitive ear toward Greth.

Ordim briefly draws down the edges of his slate grey cowl.

Ordim takes a bite of his orange muffin.

Speaking to Ordim, Talinvor says, "...'caught' might not be the right word to say in front of that girl, considering."

You pick up a knitted black sweater.

Akenna cocks her head at Greth.

You can't seem to find a way to place a knitted black sweater on a series of high barstools.

Ordim shrugs at Talinvor.

Speaking amusedly to Juspera, Xanthium explains, "I'm like an onion."

You carefully place a knitted black sweater on a cask-faced white oak bar.

Greth says, "This... this is all gettin' to be too much.  An' now it's the kids."

Rohese nods in agreement at Ceyrin.

Speaking to Greth, Akenna asks, "She mentioned poisoning, you know about that?"

Ordim briefly draws down the edges of his slate grey cowl.

Ordim takes a bite of his orange muffin.

Juspera sniffs at Xanthium.

Speaking to Greth, you say, "If she comes back for it."

You point at a knitted black sweater on a cask-faced white oak bar.

The sound of the wind whistling comes from outside.

Juspera looks over at Xanthium and shakes her head.

Akenna scowls.

Greth says, "I can't... an' won't... put up with that.  But I can only do what I can do."

You remove some pewter knitting needles from in your ebon longcoat.

You continue to work on your ecru gloves, the needles moving along with determination requiring your complete attention.
Roundtime: 56 sec.

Akenna looks thoughtfully at Greth.

Xanthium nods at Juspera.

Greth says, "That poor girl was terrified to come in here.  This is a warm place... a safe place."

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "A very exotic onion, then."

Speaking to Greth, Talinvor says, "She's clearly been betrayed, thus her wary demeanor."

Speaking to Greth, you say, "Kid's like that have very honed survival instincts."

Speaking to Greth, Xanthium says, "Obviously she disagrees.  Like she was expecting abuse."

Greth says, "An' it's time folks knew it.  I'm a simple man, mos' of you know that."

Speaking to Greth, Ceyrin says, "Can you really blame her?  There's been a fair amount of turmoil here the last year."

Speaking pointedly to Greth, Akenna says, "She mentioned adults poisoning her and other children."

Ordim nods in agreement to Greth.

Nehor sorrowfully says, "With the way the Butcher has run things, even the children don't feel safe in the town."

Nehor sighs.

Now and again, some resin hidden in the wood is ignited by the flames, and the fire snaps and crackles loudly.  The sweet smell of the resin permeates the air and fills your nostrils.

Ordim briefly draws down the edges of his slate grey cowl.

Ordim takes a bite of his orange muffin.

Juspera glances at Nehor.

Greth says, "I can't kill demons, or do any of the nasty things y'all have to deal with so often."

Xanthium spends some time haggling with Greth Rottgut.

Greth says, "But this is my place, an' I kin protect it, and the people in it."

Talinvor annoyedly says, "I really hope it's not demons."

Ordim furrows his brow.

Rohese agrees with Greth.

Greth says, "I spoke to Socius... an' Mistress Selbi... an' they did some magic fer me."

Ordim raises an eyebrow.

Speaking to Greth, Xanthium asks, "What kind of magic?"

Ordim fidgets.

Talinvor asks, "Sanctuary?"

Talinvor gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

Ordim whispers aloud, "I hope it was more Mistress Selbi..."

Xanthium takes a drink from her rosy hibiscus metheglin.

Nehor nods at Ordim.

Akenna glances between Nehor and Ordim.

Rohese takes a slow, deep breath then pinches the bridge of her nose.

Ordim glances out.

Akenna narrows her eyes.

Ceyrin shrugs at Xanthium.

You continue to work on your ecru gloves, the needles moving along with determination requiring your complete attention.
Roundtime: 21 sec.

Xanthium surveys the area.

Greth says, "From here on out... this place is a safe place.  Nobody needs to worry 'bout nothin in here.  An' thanks to their magic, everyone can rest easy in here.  Ye'll be able to let yer guard down, reflect on what ye've been doin', and not have to worry so much about the things outside."

Greth says, "I can't do much... but I can do this."

Rohese smiles at Greth.

Juspera raises an eyebrow.

Akenna nods slowly to Greth.

Speaking smoothly to Greth, Nehor approves, "A grand gesture, and much appreciated."

Speaking to Greth, Lynaera says, "Thank you, Mr. Greth."

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

Juspera sighs.

Speaking to Greth, Xanthium says, "We surely appreciate your gesture, but as far as those kids are concerned, I think the process will be much longer and involve fewer magical tricks."

Ordim ponders.

Juspera surveys the area.

Greth says, "S'not nearly enough... but I do what I can."

Speaking to Greth, Xanthium says, "They need homes."

Ordim frets.

Speaking to Greth, Akenna says, "It is a lot, Mister Greth."

Greth says, "Those kids'll have a warm meal an' a warm place ta sleep as long as they want it."

Speaking appreciatively to Greth, Rohese says, "I am so grateful for you making us feel so welcome and for all you do for the children."

Juspera says, "But um."

You continue to work on your ecru gloves, the needles moving along with determination requiring your complete attention.
Roundtime: 51 sec.

Greth blushes slightly, but lifts his chin high.

Nehor raises an eyebrow in Juspera's direction.

Juspera asks, "We'll still be able to get drinks here, right?"

Greth chortles.

Ordim briefly draws down the edges of his slate grey cowl.

Ordim takes a bite of his orange muffin.

Greth says, "The menu ain't changin'."

Ordim sighs.

Ordim hangs his head.

Talinvor mumbles something under his breath.

Juspera says, "...oh."

Juspera quickly says, "Well I didn't say you couldn't change the menu."

You say, "There's good and bad in that."

Rohese smiles quietly to herself.

Akenna weakly offers, "Phalyn likes the rolton."

Greth says, "Thank you all very much for all yer help.  And Penre is appreciative too, he's just a little busy at the moment."

Juspera begins chuckling at Akenna!

Greth says, "That one seems to have a way with the young'uns."

You nod.

You continue to work on your ecru gloves, the needles moving along with determination requiring your complete attention.
Roundtime: 58 sec.

Rohese smiles at Greth.

Xanthium chuckles.

The fire begins to die down somewhat, the flames retreating, and the embers shifting colors as they cool.

Greth says, "Yer all welcome to stay here as often, an' as long, as ye like.  Yer safe here... all of ye."

The red and grey fox barks.

Rohese nods appreciatively to Greth.

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

Juspera curtsies to Greth.

Greth says, "There's enough mayhem and chaos out those doors.  Here... ye can rest."

Akenna nods appreciatively to Greth.

Nehor pulls out a oak half-cask chair and plops down into it with a weary sigh.

You continue to work on your ecru gloves, the needles moving along with determination requiring your complete attention.
Roundtime: 38 sec.

Speaking to Greth, Talinvor says, "We have some questions for the girl still, if she's willing - now that she's seen her sibling safe."

Nehor declares, "And rest I shall. Heroic work such as I have accomplished today is quite draining. Quite draining indeed!"

You say, "That's probably not someting to push on."

Xanthium stares at Juspera.

Ordim fidgets.

Ordim settles back into his net chair.

Juspera nods at Xanthium.

Xanthium laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement from Juspera.

You continue to work on your ecru gloves, the needles moving along with determination requiring your complete attention.
Roundtime: 20 sec.

Greth says, "Ah'll ask Penre to keep an eye on her, and talk to her when she's ready.  She didn't seem real anxious to open up to anyone, but Penre'll put her at ease in time."

Akenna sourly mutters, "And my stomach just turned and I didn't even have broth."

Akenna glances at Nehor.

Talinvor nods to Greth.

Nehor raises an eyebrow.

Rohese gently rests her hand on Akenna's shoulder.

Juspera nods to Greth.

Rohese smiles quietly to herself.

The red and grey fox rolls around on the ground for a moment.

Akenna grins.

You continue to work on your ecru gloves, the needles moving along with determination requiring your complete attention.
Roundtime: 50 sec.

Lynaera takes a drink from her warm jasmine tea.

Juspera says, "Yes good job everyone."

Juspera applauds.

Akenna nods to Greth.

The sound of the wind whistling comes from outside.

Nehor dryly says, "Yes yes, pats on the back all round."

Speaking softly to Greth, Lynaera says, "We are happy to have helped; we couldn't have done it without you, Greth."

Talinvor smirks.

Greth blinks back a tear or two, then turns abruptly and begins arranging glasses behind the bar.

Speaking to Greth, Akenna says, "I'm always happy to help, Mister Greth.  Whatever you need."

Talinvor looks thoughtfully at Greth.

Talinvor nods understandingly.

The red and grey fox pants quietly.

You continue to work on your ecru gloves, the needles moving along with determination requiring your complete attention.  Using up the last of the ecru yarn, it looks like you finished just in time!  With a sense of satisfaction, you finish off a pair of knitted ecru gloves!
Roundtime: 35 sec.

You say, "Finally done."

Xanthium nods slowly at Rohese.

Ordim ponders.

Ordim nods approvingly.

Speaking to Greth, Xanthium says, "I'm glad they're all out of the cold."

Talinvor thoughtfully says, "Foster-Father Greth. Hm."

Talinvor looks thoughtfully at Greth.

Ordim says, "Until we have to save them from malnutrition."

Ordim furrows his brow.

The fire has almost died away, only a few flames totter about like old men seeking the youth they have lost.

You carefully place a pair of knitted ecru gloves on a cask-faced white oak bar.

Rohese nods in agreement at Akenna.

You say, "Oops dropped those too."

Lynaera takes a drink from her warm jasmine tea.

Rohese giggles softly at you.

Speaking to Greth, Xanthium says, "I would offer to bring some groceries but the Landing is having its own problems with food."

Juspera looks thoughtfully at you.

Akenna gets an odd look on her face.

Speaking to Xanthium, Juspera says, "I'm sure it's fine."

Juspera waves her hand in a dismissive gesture.

Akenna says, "I've been bringing up food."

The red and grey fox barks.

Speaking to Xanthium, Nehor says, "Still? I heard that was being dealt with..."

Speaking to Greth, Xanthium says, "I could bring a few bushels of apples from 'Haven."

Rohese nods slowly at Lynaera.

Juspera says, "I've been bringing logs in from the Landing and nothing has happened."

Juspera says, "From Mule."

Speaking to Nehor, Xanthium says, "The witch was slain, it's true."

Akenna says, "I managed to get some in the Nations to send shipments."

Juspera says, "I've been bringing logs in from Mule and nothing has happened."

Juspera says, "So never mind."

Talinvor says, "The statue of bleakstone probably still stands."

Speaking to Nehor, Xanthium says, "But if you kill an arsonist, it doesn't put out the fire they set."

Nehor slowly empties his lungs.

Ordim furrows his brow.

You say, "Need to expand knitting and perserve the fruit already here."

Speaking to Xanthium, Nehor says, "Arson and curses are not nearly the same, but I take your meaning."

Ordim's eyes take on a glassy look as he appears to fall into a vivid daydream.

Xanthium says, "The statue was the trigger, but it's currently dormant."

Speaking to you, Juspera asks, "Are you going to knit hats for the fruit?"

Nehor haughtily quips, "Not that I would expect one unversed in the magic arts to be able to tell the difference in such matters."

Juspera says, "Why is everyone so quiet."

Nehor examines his fingernails.

Juspera fidgets.

Speaking to Nehor, Xanthium says, "The blight has a magical origin, clearly, but now it works much like a fungus."

Talinvor says, "If there's still a blight, it seems best to not let it linger."

Xanthium shrugs at Nehor.

Lynaera smiles at Juspera.

Juspera glances nervously at Lynaera.

Juspera spends some time haggling with Greth Rottgut.

(Juspera pours some of her whiskey into her tea.)

Xanthium folds her hands behind her back.

Juspera takes a drink from her warm jasmine tea.

The red and grey fox rolls around on the ground for a moment.

Lynaera looks at Juspera and hums.

Akenna shifts her weight.

You perch atop one of the nearby high barstools and lean forward against the white oak bar.

Akenna folds her arms over her chest.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "That seems a warming beverage now."

Xanthium grins at Juspera.

(Faerinn spins around in the barstool some more.)

Appearances, Ambients, and Imbibements

Faerinn

You take a drink from your hearty oatmeal.  Thick and creamy, the warm oatmeal is flavored with cinnamon and riddled with sweet raisins.

You take a drink from your black coffee.  Dark, powerful, and confident, but of so high a quality that it is not truly bitter.
You have 2 quaffs left.

You take a bite of your chicken salad sandwich.  Trapped between walnut bread, the sandwich features tiny cubes of grilled chicken and tart dried cranberries.

You take a drink from your anise white wine.

You take a bite of your large juicy peach.

Juspera

Juspera takes a drink from her whiskey-spiked coffee.
Juspera looks rather relaxed.

Juspera takes a bite of her rolton steak.

Naamit

Naamit briefly draws down the edges of her slate grey cowl.
Naamit takes a drink from her warm lavender tea.

Nehor

Nehor takes a drink from his spiked coffee.
Nehor looks rather relaxed.

Ordim

Ordim briefly draws down the edges of his slate grey cowl.
Ordim takes a bite of his strawberry muffin.

Ordim unhooks his copper flask from his off-white apron.
Ordim neatly pops the halfling pirate figurine-capped cork off of his copper flask.
Ordim briefly draws down the edges of his slate grey cowl.
Ordim takes a quick swig from his copper flask.
Ordim looks rather relaxed.
Ordim grasps a halfling pirate figurine-capped cork, which hangs from a tiny chain on his copper flask, and smartly seals his flask.
Ordim hooks his copper flask to his off-white apron.

Penre

You see Penre.
He appears to be a Human.
He is average height.  He appears to be past his prime.  He has cataract-marbled milky white eyes and sallow skin.  He has shoulder length, oily black hair which lies in limp clumps across his features.  He has a non-symmetrical face, a poorly-set broken nose and a heavy scar across his neckline.
He has an inked deep black droplet on his neck.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a badly-faded black leather cloak, a desiccated black rose, a frayed hemp belt, a dilapidated sack, and some bedraggled trousers.

Regwen

A holy aura radiates from Regwen's velvet-clad kuyak.

Regwen takes a drink from her steaming hot coffee.

Rohese

Rohese takes a drink from her ginger tea.

Socius

You see Socius Leiffen.
He appears to be a Human.
He is plain-looking in every regard save his eyes, and has a huge scar running the length of his right cheek and down across the front of his neck.  He appears to be in the prime of life.  He has piercing light green eyes and deeply tanned skin.  He has a bald head.  He has an intense face and a narrow nose.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing an elegantly cut white cape pinned at the shoulder with a ruby clasp, a simple alabaster tunic with onyx-inlaid tarnished silver toggles, an obsidian ring inlaid with delicate white ivory runes, a narrow leather pouch, some tailored white trousers with delicate silver twine laced up the outside of each leg, and a pair of sleek white knee-high kidskin boots.

Tatria

You see Tatria.
She appears to be a Half-Elf from Ta'Faendryl.
She is short.  She appears to be youthful.  She has almond-shaped golden eyes and sun-kissed, lightly freckled skin.  She has waist length, thick auburn hair pulled into a loose ponytail adorned with an amber-fluted dusky pink foxglove.  She has a sharply defined, small face, a pointed nose and an upturned mouth.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a tepid dirty glass of water in her right hand and an overly rare rolton steak in her left hand.
She is wearing a coiled earcuff of gilt-thorned vines, a mist-etched crystal amulet, a cinnamon ramie silk vest with a paisley pattern, a fitted arming doublet, a low-necked ecru gauze blouse, a thick gold ring, a pair of tiny gilt mithril bells, some low-cut oiled leather pants, and a pair of brown kidskin boots with rawhide laces.

Tatria takes a drink from her spring water.

Traiva

Traiva removes a tiny glass of pomegranate elixir from in her black silk cloak.
Traiva takes a drink from her pomegranate elixir.
Traiva looks rather relaxed.

Traiva removes a glass of malted melomel from in her black silk cloak.
Traiva takes a drink from her malted melomel.
Traiva looks rather relaxed.

Xilona

Xilona takes a drink from her whiskey-spiked coffee.
Xilona looks quite relaxed.

Xilona grimaces as her black rat suddenly cranes around her face to see something, its paw anchored onto her nose.  A sudden slip sends the rodent flailing and clinging wildly to Xilona's front before scrambling back up to her shoulder with an embarrassed and sulky squeak.

Hanging on securely with three paws, the black rat on Xilona's shoulder licks its fourth paw and spends several seconds carefully smoothing out the fur covering its lower back and one leg.

A bristly black rat on Xilona's shoulder suddenly sits up, scanning the area with a mien of feral regality.