A Knight To Remember - 5121-02-06 - Riled Wild West (log)

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

Fashanos 6-7, 5121

by Leafiara Autumnwind of the TownCrier


The Night in a Nutshell

Some dark hooded figures creep along some nearby rooftops of town.
Icy flakes of snow descend slowly from the sky, flurrying about the night.
A voice in the shadows says, "Office."
[in Leafi's office]
A freckled boy slips out of the shadows.
Balley softly says, "Sending a child."
The boy says, "I have seen more than any child you know."
The boy says, "Mother is preparing the final positioning for our strikes. We're tracking some movements."
Speaking to a freckled boy, Leafiara asks, "Quibbles aside, though... what's the nature of the night?"
Leafiara clarifies, "Or, rather, what exactly were you were hoping for help-wise from those not in the Brotherhood? Stealth? An outright battle?"
The boy says, "Shipments are coming in. There are three locations we'll strike."
The boy says, "We need help in the attack, to ensure our success in what Mother wants to get."
Speaking curiously to a freckled boy, Arynth asks, "Shipments of?"
Speaking to a freckled boy, Vaemyr asks, "And what is that exactly?"
Shinann asks, "What does she want to get?"
The boy says, "It will assist the Brotherhood is what I am told."
The boy says, "Word is the Knave is moving some weapons in."
The boy says, "Three strikes. Three groups. Who will lead?"
Leafiara agrees, "I'll take one."
Lazaryth asks, "Is there some reason we can't do them sequentially?"
The boy says, "We have to strike quickly before the Knave rallies and overwhelms us."
Leafiara asks, "...do we have three groups? That is to say, do we have two other leaders available?"
Dergoatean says, "I can lead a group if necessary.  If not necessary, I'll scout and report."
Hapenlok says, "I hate doing this, but I'll lead one."
[organizing]
The boy says, "Those following Hapenlok seem light. We can't have you quickly overwhelmed."
[more organizing]
The boy says, "Gryphons, you might want to, step outside now before I speak some more."
Cryheart says, "Gryphons on me."
Sir Cryheart's group just went through a glossy maoral door.
The boy says, "There may be casualties."
The boy says, "We've got word the Knave is bringing supplies, resources, weapons. There'll be hired protection."
The boy says, "We don't know how many, but they'll have it."
The boy says, "Live by the silver, die by the silver, my sister used to always say."
Dergoatean exclaims, "So you're saying they have the element of supplies!"
Acorn snickers at Dergoatean.
Specks of blood red light drift through the night sky, originating from the eastern side of town and slowly floating westernly, flurrying about like red ash.
The boy says, "Three locations.  Once you are in place, you'll announce on the amulet you are looking to purchase rat pelts."
Lazaryth glances incredulously at a freckled boy.
Lazaryth asks, "Are you serious?"
The boy says, "We want as much surprise as we can."
Lylia flatly says, "Yes. I am sure they will believe this."
Dergoatean asks, "Is that NOT supposed to sound suspicious?"
Xorus dryly asks, "What decade is this?"
The boy says, "Have you something better?"
Mnar says, "Announce that you want to sell bloodscrip."
The boy says, "Very well. I'm just a kid, sorry."
The boy says, "Bloodscrip it is."
The boy says, "North docks. The t-intersection along Trollfang, near Abandoned Inn. And the Locksmehr River, the edge of it, near the path to Voln."
Leafiara says, "I'll move to the Abandoned Inn area."
Dergoatean says, "I'll take us to the Locksmehr."
Hapenlok says, "Docks it is."
The boy says, "Hapenlok, you are the north docks."
Leafiara asks, "Announce as soon as we're there?"
The boy says, "Announce once you are secure. The shipments are en route. It may be minutes but...go."
The boy slips off.
[General] Hapenlok exclaims, "Well, I'll be at the North Dock...selling massive amounts of bloodscrip. First come, first served!"
[General] Dergoatean thinks, "Offering bloodscrip for SLIGHTLY cheaper than Hap."
[General] Dergoatean thinks, "Find me at the Locksmehr river."
In the distance, the silhouette of some riverboats can be seen gliding down the Locksmehr River.
[General] Leafiara scoffs, "Selling bloodscrip for 1.5m silvers per thousand and I bet I have more of it than them."
Riding smoothly on the murky waters of Darkstone Bay, some ships come into view, slowly navigating towards the Sea Gate and towards the North Docks of town.
Some birds take flight suddenly from a cluster of trees within Upper Trollfang.
Some red motes of light drift through the streets of Wehnimer's Landing.
Some riverboats glide closer to town, navigating the winding bend of the Locksmehr River.
The docks begin to come more alive, as workers move to and fro as some ships glide closer to town.
More birds in Trollfang.
A cold wind stirs through town, an eerie voice carried with it. "Blood to feed...blood to grow...blood to bring...blood to sow..."
Some rugged mercenaries appear into view, walking into the area.
A mercenary says, "You should go. We've got work to do."
[the Hapenlok and Leafiara groups attempt to banter casually with them, where Hap and Roelon attempt to convince them that their group is there to help take delivery at the docks while Leafi and crew ask what brings the mercenaries in the Upper Trollfang to the Landing and if they're interested in buying bloodscrip or hand pylons]
A grey-beaked dark hooded figure charges in!
A grey-beaked dark hooded figure rushes towards an armored human mercenary!
A grey-beaked dark hooded figure hurls himself at an armored human mercenary and connects!
A grey-beaked dark hooded figure pins an armored human mercenary to the ground and quickly jumps to his feet!
[Rooks charge the dock area and begin attacking the mercenaries, then Hap says to let fly and his group--or at least him, Drevihyin, Vaemyr, Roelon, Whisker, Tilbin, and Nitefallz--go on the offensive. Rooks charge the Upper Trollfang area and begin attacking the mercenaries there as well. Leafi's group mostly stands back and lets the Rooks and mercenaries fight each other, though Earthdiver strikes a couple of them. The mercenaries soon attack Maevie, Yaristen, Asben, and Rendena anyway, so the rest of the group goes on the offensive. Goat also reports his group repelling a wave of mercenaries.]
Some wagons arrive. [Leafi's location]
Some ships arrive. [Hap's location]
Some Rooks try to light the ships on fire!
Some Rooks try to light the wagons on fire!
[people lighting them on fire]
The flames engulfing a large wooden wagon leap higher!
An armored human mercenary leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden wagon!
An armored human mercenary leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden wagon!
An armored human mercenary leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden wagon!
A black-armored human armiger leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden wagon!
A black-armored human armiger leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden wagon!
A black-armored human armiger leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden wagon!
[Mercenaries and armigers likewise pop out of the ships as Hap's group burn those, and both groups realize they've seen no Knaves. Then both groups realize they're fine with attacking the armigers too and keep at it.]
[General] Dakris exclaims, "What are you doing!"
[General] Dakris exclaims, "Those are our ships!"
[General] Dakris exclaims, "You Rook loving idiots!"
Some fires continue to burn as smoke fills the night.  Some dark hooded figures can be seen making off with unopened crates, scattering to the wind in all directions as they slip off into the cover of night and chaos.
[General] Dakris thinks, "You were told to clear away! You idiots! You have no idea what you just did...."
[General] Dakris thinks, "You have no idea what you just did..."
[General] Dergoatean thinks, "Tell you what, Dakris.  We're watching over a few riverboats here, right now."
[General] Dergoatean asks, "Do you want to come show us their holdings?"
[General] Dakris exclaims, "They weren't on the riverboats!"
A dark hooded grey-beaked figure rise up on a rooftop of town.  With dramatic flair, the figure tosses open the sides of his cloak and withdraws two rune-etched hand-held pylons.  Despite the mask, there is no doubt a grin.  He fires down at the streets, ribbons of reddish-orange flame striking some black armored armigers and grey-armored enforcers along North Ring Road.
[General] Dergoatean thinks, "We have eyes on several riverboats.  Planning to keep them in custody, intact, for the time being."
[General] Dergoatean thinks, "It would be nice if someone came to claim them, and explained themselves for the aggression we received."
[General] Dergoatean thinks, "Some mercenaries arrived around the same time, suggested they had business that required us to leave, and eventually attacked with no further explanation."
[General] Dergoatean asks, "So Dakris, are you suggesting that you don't care if we sink these riverboats?"
Another robed figure rises from a rooftop, then another, then another, until there are nearly a dozen and a half perched like black gargoyles.  Each one suddenly wields one hand pylon or two and a colorful myriad of red fire, or blue ice, or brilliant lightning soar down from the roofs and strike armigers and enforcers.
[General] Dergoatean asks, "Alright then, if Dakris has no interest, anyone else want to claim these here boats?"
[General] Leafiara thinks, "Save 'em for inspection."
[General] Dergoatean asks, "The ones with the mercenaries and the armigers and what have you?"
[General] Dergoatean thinks, "Maybe we can retrofit them, take them over to Kraken's Fall."
[General] Leafiara approvingly thinks, "Good thinking, Goat."
[most groups split through town to battle the blood cult: Cryheart's, which was already there, then Hap's and Leafi's, all backed up by Rook arrow fire in the meantime]
[General] Dergoatean thinks, "Dakris at the Locksmehr, telling these remaining riverboats to turn back."
[General] Leafiara thinks, "If 'they' weren't on the riverboats, it's probably fine to let them go."
[General] Dergoatean asks, "Are you instructing us to release them, then, Mayor?"
[General] Dergoatean thinks, "We had hoped to have a look at what was inside, but I admit it's preferable not to cause more damage than necessary."
[General] Leafiara thinks, "I think we've stopped the worst of it and ... sent a message already." [regarding the Consortium]
[meanwhile, intense combat with the blood cult ensues]
[General] Dakris thinks, "You've done a bad thing Mayor."
[General] Leafiara simply replies, "They attacked first."
[General] Dakris thinks, "Not what I heard."
[General] Leafiara thinks, "You're misinformed in many ways and that's a new one, then."
[General] Dakris thinks, "Your bedside birds ran right along with you."
[General] Leafiara thinks, "If the mercenaries had attacked them instead of us, maybe we could still have sorted this out. However, by the end of it these 'bedside birds' were dead too."
[General] Leafiara adds, "At the hands of those who were with me."
[General] Leafiara asks, "Have even you forgotten that I appointed Khylon to crack down on the Rooks?"
[General] Leafiara asks, "Was his sacrifice for nothing?"
Red motes of light begin to seep up from several corpses scattered throughout town, lifting up into the sky before they seem to melt away.
Some dark hooded figures run along rooftops, firing bolts of reddish-orange light from their handpylons down upon some of the blood acolytes in the streets!
[General] Mother thinks, "The cult is weakening for the night. We'll keep our pressure on from the roofs."
[General] Cryheart thinks, "We saw Mother..near the gem shop..but she skittered away."
[General] Mother thinks, "I am in the Mayor's Office. I did not...skitter away."
Mother softly says, "The information we received was partially correct."
Speaking to Mother, Vaemyr asks, "Enjoying your new hand pylons?"
Mother nods at Vaemyr.
Vaemyr says, "I have to say they are quite effective."
Mother softly says, "There was the possibility of casualties. We had, after all, gleaned the information from an old contact of ours."
Mother softly says, "One who has turned, but he had information we extracted from some of his shipments as well."
Leafiara asks, "...turned?"
Mother softly says, "This is war, so it is time to share some things of course."
Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok asks, "One of your ....affiliated merchants of the town? Or one of your troupe?"
Speaking to Mother, Leafiara agrees, "That would be appreciated."
Mother softly says, "Walward once called the Brotherhood his allies."
Mother softly says, "He has since cut ties. I have my theories."
Mother softly says, "It is unfortunate some of the town merchants had their wares attacked. It is even more unfortunate that they formed this Consortium and are in bed with the Armigers."
Chandrellia softly asks, "May I ask Mother a question?"
Mother peers quizzically at Chandrellia.
Speaking to Mother, Dergoatean says, "Your people seemed to lose interest in the riverboats that stopped at the river, after an initial skirmish."
Speaking softly to Mother, Chandrellia asks, "Why were you so willing to aid with the statue for Thadston knowing how he feels about the Rooks?"
Mother nods at Dergoatean.
Mother softly says, "We found the shipment we needed."
Mother softly says, "The hand pylons."
Dergoatean nods at Mother.
Mother softly says, "We have no desire to destroy the real merchants of this town."
Dergoatean asks, "Trollfang group, did you release the merchant wares as well?"
Mother softly says, "The riverboats were all that survived."
Chandrellia softly says, "Perhaps my question went unheard."
Mother softly says, "Ask it again."
Mother nods at Chandrellia.
Mother softly says, "I do not think it is unbelievable to realize Thadston is the enemy we know."
Chandrellia softly says, "But that doesn't explain why."
Mother softly says, "Any ally against the Knave is welcome."
Mother softly says, "If we can rob the Lich, and gain leverage against the Knave, then it is a wise move."
Speaking softly to Mother, Chandrellia says, "But you gave information not knowing if we would hold up our end or not....."
Mother softly says, "Half of you are bloodthirsty enough to have held up your end of the bargain."
Mother softly says, "You asked to work with us, and try something different, so we did." [not entirely clear what she's referring to here as far as others asking to work with her, since on the surface it seemed like it was her coming to us; might have been something going on behind the scenes, or it could have been Captain Stormyrain suggesting meeting with Mother during the first discussion with Marshal Khylon]
Speaking softly to Mother, Chandrellia says, "Ok, points for that."
Mother softly says, "If giving you the statue first meant solidifying our alliance against the Knave even more, then it was worth it."
Chandrellia nods at Mother.
Speaking softly to Mother, Chandrellia says, "Thank you."
Speaking to Mother, Lylia asks, "Do you consider the Knave an existential threat to you, or to your Rooks, or to the town itself?"
Mother softly asks, "Not all?"
Mother peers quizzically at Lylia.
Speaking to Mother, Lylia says, "I see. Or at least, I think I do."
Mother softly says, "There is no place for the Knave here."
Mother nods at Lylia.
Shinann asks, "So, you know who the Knave is, correct?"
Mother softly says, "No."
Shinann says, "You have so much information on him."
Shinann says, "His movements."
Mother softly says, "We have theories."
Speaking to Mother, Arynth prompts, "Such as?"
Mother softly says, "I do not need a name to hear rumors. To hear rumblings."
Speaking to Mother, Leafiara says, "We're, if nothing else, interested in at least hearing said theories."
Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok adds, "Considering that some of us probably will have matching theories."
Vaemyr says, "Aye, would be nice to... cross-reference our own theories and yours."
Mother softly says, "Many the same as yours. Amos. Stephos. Some Jantalarian Lords. Malluch. Someone from the Silver Kings."
Leafiara surprisedly asks, "...Malluch?"
Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok adds, "Silver Kings?"
Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok says, "Please don't tell me they're still mad at you guys."
Leafiara says, "Malluch's never exactly been this... subtle or out of the forefront."
Leafiara says, "And how he would have the money to fund this many mercenaries, even as Murdos' son..."
Leafiara rubs her chin thoughtfully.
Mother softly says, "The prisms made him a suspect."
Leafiara concedes, "True, true."
Mother softly says, "They tied to the Alchemist. Who is dead."
Mother softly says, "Octaven is missing."
Mother softly says, "For what it is worth, there was no trick tonight. The information was the best we could get, given we plucked it from some old hideaways of Walward's."
Speaking to Mother, Leafiara says, "So, plausibly, it was information left behind as bait or there are--potentially deeper connections between groups like I raised at the start."
Mother softly says, "It remains unseen."
Mother softly says, "But robbing the Consortium will not lose us sleep."
Mother softly says, "The hand-pylons will assist us in the coming weeks and months."
Mother softly says, "It is an edge we needed. Thank you for your assistance."
The voice of Thrassus asks, "Perhaps you should just go ahead and force the businesses of the Consortium members to close?"
Lylia says, "Thrassus, you raise an interesting point."
Leafiara says, "Even if we wanted to or thought that would be a productive path, there's no way to accomplish it while Renpaw's away in Mestanir and the replacement is himself a nephew of Dakris."
Lylia explains, "When we spoke to Dakris, he was angry -- you all could tell that from his thoughts buzzing in your minds like wasps."
The voice of Thrassus says, "It'd cut off a good portion of their funding, most likely."
Lylia says, "But he also seemed uneasy. 'Idiots,' he called us, and told us we did not know what we had done. This did not sound like mere profit-taking."
Speaking to Mother, Leafiara asks, "Which, I suppose, brings me to the next question... is there any intel at all on Renpaw's whereabouts?"
Mother softly says, "No."
Mother softly says, "We'll be in touch. This development tonight has opened new potential opportunities for us, and we cannot sit on them forever."
Speaking softly to Mother, Chandrellia asks, "Can I interest you in a toast for a job well done?"
Chandrellia offers Mother a snifter of zycana-infused raspberry brandy.
Mother looks over at Chandrellia and shakes her head.
Speaking softly to Mother, Chandrellia says, "It's of a good age."
Mother slips into the shadows.


Other Notable Moments

Maelkyth asks, "Do we kill the magister on sight, or just wait for someone to start a brawl?"
Speaking wryly to Maelkyth, Leafiara says, "Not this Magister, no."
Cryheart says, "They be speaking of Raelee."
Leafiara admits, "With full acknowledgment that a large number of *other* Magisters have been problems to the town."
Leafiara says, "I'd love to know the Hall's hiring process."
Leafiara says, "Must be about as good as our citizenship process that let Amos in and had him running for the council within a month."
Maelkyth whispers to the group, "This kid looks all kind of suspicious. Do we take him hostage until they free Vlashandra?"
Hapenlok whispers to the group, "No. we don't do anything to the kid. A: it'll get us all killed. B: he's kind of okay."
Leafiara says, "The good news is that if the people on them aren't who we were told they'd be, it's easy to back out..."
Leafiara says, "This isn't nearly as risky as the Jantalar mission seemed at the time."
Lazaryth flatly says, "Yes. It would be terrible to kill a riverboat full of gamblers."
Hapenlok says, "Just do me a favor, try not to hit the Rooks tonight."
Hapenlok says, "I don't want to get my backside filled with bolts."
The voice of Archales says, "I'm here to make sure there are consequences if you do."
(Hap's group in italics, Leafi's group not)
[General] Hapenlok thinks, "We kind of have a problem, here."
Leafiara musingly says, "Wait a minute..."
Roelon deeply says, "Hmm...Armigers..."
Vaemyr says, "Armigers, aren't those Amos's guys."
The voice of Mnar says, "Huh."
Leafiara asks, "Have we seen any actual Knaves?"
[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Those ships have the Armigers guarding them as well."
Leafiara says, "I have no problem attacking the armigers either, but..."
Roelon deeply says, "Interestin'."
The voice of Mnar says, "I thought they were hired by the town."
Balley softly says, "No."
Yaristen says, "Just the mercenaries."
The voice of Arynth says, "Just mercenaries."
Faerinn says, "Just mercs and armigers."
Leafiara says, "It seems like Mother's intel was wrong."
Roelon deeply asks, "Why would they be with them eh?"
Leafiara says, "Still, they did attack us first."
The voice of Mnar says, "Troubling."
[General] Hapenlok thinks, "....not really a problem, actually.."
[General] Dakris exclaims, "You Rook loving idiots!"
[General] Lylia thinks, "You know me better than that, Dakris."
[General] Hapenlok asks, "Dakris. Wanna buy some rat pelts?"
[General] Lylia asks, "You did not call me a Rook-lover when I sought to get you all to work together on 'One Landing, One Price.' Yet here you are, working together for...hm, what is your common goal now?"
[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Dakris. I'd like to know exactly what Amos offered you. You're as brainwashed as these cultists I'm fighting."

Speaking softly to Mother, Chandrellia says, "But you gave information not knowing if we would hold up our end or not....." 
Lylia says, "You seem far more concerned about the Knave than about Thadston Andrews."
Mother softly says, "Half of you are bloodthirsty enough to have held up your end of the bargain."
Mother softly says, "You asked to work with us, and try something different, so we did."
Speaking softly to Mother, Chandrellia says, "Ok, points for that."
Puptilian says, "Rooks have had a few years to know how to work around Thadston.  Knave are still kind of unknowns compare to that knowledge."
Speaking mildly to Mother, Leafiara says, "Well, if there's one thing people can count on in the Landing, it's bloodthirst."
Lylia replies, "Blood-thirst has never had anything to do with it; if I strike a bargain, I adhere to the very letter of it."

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara says, "As Pup said last week... we'll sort out our internal affairs later, and who knows whether we'll be enemies or allies in three months. But for now, we deal with the outsider Knave first."
Leafiara says, "My thought, at least."
Mnar says, "We will always have time to kill each other."

[regarding Dakris]
Speaking to Lylia, Hapenlok says, "It sounded like a man who was frightened."
Lylia says, "Just so."
Speaking softly to Lylia, Chandrellia asks, "But frightened of whom?"
Leafiara frankly says, "Probably Amos and his runic hammers."
Leafiara says, "Or Dunigan and *his* runic hammer that's conveniently the same build."
Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "What could get a group of men so frightened that some of them would turn against criminals..."
Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok interjects, "No offense."
Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok asks, "That they were actively aiding and supporting in some cases?"
Hapenlok says, "That's the real question."


Comedic Highlights

Vaemyr says, "Although apparently Vlashandra wants Raelee's face."
Lazaryth says, "You'd think if you were going to steal a face, you'd want it to be one that has more than one expression."
Speaking to a freckled boy, Xainthrax asks, "You become a man yesterday?"
Leafiara slowly says, "I hope you realize that bloodscrip, unlike rat pelts, might actually attract an audience."
Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "Just ask for really high prices."
Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "Problem solved."
Speaking musingly to Dergoatean, Leafiara says, "Fair enough."
Leafiara says, "Bloodscrip at an excessively high price."
Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia says, "Yeah like 4 mil to 1k."
Speaking to Chandrellia, Dergoatean exclaims, "But not suspiciously high!"
Leafiara recites:
"If by some miracle this is a mistake, we'd find out with the first burnt wagon and could repay later. Have at it, light 'em up!"
Leafiara recites:
"Burn or bash!"
Lazaryth says, "There's no way I'm bashing something that's on fire."
Zhagen says, "These guys have good taste in clothes."
Speaking to Zhagen, Leafiara mutters, "I know, I don't see why they think they have to smuggle when they could open a fashion line."
Speaking to Zhagen, Leafiara says, "If Rohese has taught me anything, it's that you can accomplish all kinds of things with good fashion sense."
[General] Dakris exclaims, "What are you doing!"
[General] Xorus thinks, "Buying jarlik pelts."
Another robed figure riss from a rooftop, then another, then another, until there are nearly a dozen and a half perched like black gargoyles.  Each one suddenly wields one hand pylon or two and a colorful myriad of red fire, or blue ice, or brilliant lightning soar down from the roofs and strike armigers and enforcers.
[Towncrier] Newsby: "I am sure glad they are good aims."
The ghostly voice of Lazaryth says, "I'm afraid these clothes are ruined."

Chandrellia softly asks, "May I ask Mother a question?"
Speaking to Chandrellia, Evia says, "I dunno maybe you have to say Mother May I first."

Mother softly says, "Half of you are bloodthirsty enough to have held up your end of the bargain."
Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok teases, "I resent that implication. Your lot came charging in while I was trying to ...exude my charm."


Log

Rampant Paranoia

[Town Square Central]

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see the Kasula disk, a sapphire-eyed pale golden margay, a green-eyed grey and white kitten, a mountain greatfang, a charming aurora spirit that is flying around, the Randsford disk, a fluffy white cat, the earth brown Gabnid disk, the black Kyrioss disk, a forlorn lake spirit that is flying around, the green Hapenlok disk, a lanky fire wyrdling, the Spasm disk, the faenor Chandrellia disk inlaid with intersecting bands of jet, the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, the vermeil Rendena disk draped with silver strands of tidal pearls, a bur-clover potion, an angular fire wyrdling, a large acorn, a large acorn, a large acorn, a large acorn, a mistwood serving cart with some stuff on it, a round silver-banded barrel, an herbal remedy donation bin, some stone benches with some stuff on it and obvious signs of someone hiding.

Also here: Edow, Brodhi, Squire Legionnaire Kasula, Yorne, Jolter, Whirlie, Gadreel, Kuromadoushi, Draegar who is sitting, Astinas who is lying down, Vaemyr, Lord Asben, Maags, Kiwoeachi, Lord Randsford, Gabnid, Earthdiver, Kyrioss, Maelkyth, Issyerth, Hapenlok, Dumple who is lying down, Viva who is sitting, Mayor Leafiara, Lord Jorlax, Legionnaire Aureliano, Spasm, Belots, Lady in Waiting Chandrellia, Lady in Waiting Rendena, Talaendra, Daestar, Antika who is lying down

The sky is filled with a blanket of low clouds, pale and unmoving. Sounds seem muffled and the air feels thick and takes on a quiet stillness.

Speaking to Leafiara, Vaemyr says, "There gonna be two groups again this night? or just those going after the knaves."

Leafiara says, "Before we start having some verbal battle about it, I at least want to hear what the intended plan is."

Speaking to Maags, Maelkyth exclaims, "Delicious!"

Speaking to Vaemyr, Leafiara says, "There might be three. I'm really not sure."

Leafiara mumbles, "Might even be four. Five. Who knows?"

[General] Leafiara observes, "Anther snowy Landing eve, it seems!"

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "We'll figure it out. but honestly, i live up to my bargins."

[General] Gabnid thinks, "I like the snow."

[General] Elbromo asks, "Thats bad?"

Speaking hopefully to Leafiara, Chandrellia says, "Maybe, just maybe, it'll go as smooth as last night did."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "In a life full of questionable decisions, there's one thing I can say. I've never willingly broken a deal."

[General] Fahlo asks, "... who snows?"

[General] Berost asks, "Someone kill Mother yet?"

[General] Peggyanne asks, "Gabnid.. have you heard of the wonderful Lady Winter.. Lorminstra?"

[General] Fahlo thinks, "Maybe it snis.. maybe it snisn't."

[General] Kehka thinks, "Better snow than a war in the streets."

[General] Greycrown thinks, "Depends on whose mother."

[General] Berost thinks, "Fair 'nuff."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Leafiara says, "Yeah, we had a rough start last night, but it cleared up no problem once we had a healer on the scene."

[General] Peggyanne thinks, "Id like to tell you about our Lady and Saviour Lorminstra."

[General] Gabnid thinks, "I've heard a lot about her and her kind. Not sure what to think, but a positive is a positive and a negative is a negative, I always say."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia exclaims, "I'll do my very best again tonight I promise!"

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Yeah, and once I stopped being an idiot charging into battle with one usable leg, too."

[General] Gabnid thinks, "And winter is a positive."

Some dark hooded figures creep along some nearby rooftops of town.

Vaemyr says, "There's the Rooks."

Chandrellia softly exclaims, "Uhoh here we go!"

Leafiara musingly says, "Here they come."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "But you guys were just moving too damn slow."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia asks, "May I, huh,huh?"

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "We didn't want to set things off too quick or just abandon the fallen."

Maags asks, "Anybodies need snacks before we march?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Yeah... I know."

Leafiara says, "I agree, this time we probably need to make sure we have at least four people able to take back the fallen."

Maelkyth exclaims, "Snacks!"

Soulheaven quietly says, "Bah weather just got bad."

Speaking to Leafiara, Viva asks, "We splitting up again this eve?"

Maags exclaims, "Yous has!"

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "It's why I generally work alone."

Maags says, "Where is the handsome one."

Ithilwyn softly asks, "Who is leading?"

Speaking to Maags, Maelkyth says, "Look what Leafi left just layin' around." [was giving away imbedded rods]

Speaking to Maelkyth, Maags exclaims, "Use it!"

Chandrellia softly says, "Oh the heck with it."

Leafiara recites:

"Join Cryheart!"

Rendena softly says, "I solo."

Hapenlok says, "And it turned out, we wound up having to absolutely destroy everything in that tunnel in a systematic fashion."

Chandrellia recites softly:

"Everyone join Sir Shiny!"

Speaking to Maags, Maelkyth exclaims, "It's broken!"

Leafiara recites:

"Protective defensive spells in the rods in the sacks on the ground! Take 'em if you need 'em, and they go above and beyond Dreavenings!"

[General] Maylan asks, "Are any of you merfolk?"

Speaking to Kippe, Maags exclaims, "Oh thank yous. Easier my toes twinkle!"

[General] Maylan thinks, "I heard a rumor that elves have fishy bottoms."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Fahlo exclaims, "I'm a mess... but a consistent mess!"

Speaking to Maags, Kippe says, "Twinklie toes are your thing."

[General] Iskandr asks, "Where are the merpeople. We can't find any?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok asks, "Want to know another funny thing that shricken do, that I forgot they did?"

Speaking curiously to Hapenlok, Leafiara asks, "What?"

[General] Mixilplic asks, "In Merland?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "They rip their own arms off and try to throw them at you."

Maelkyth exclaims, "Chaos!"

Speaking softly to Viva, Chandrellia exclaims, "That's my mama!" [Balley]

Speaking to Chandrellia, Viva says, "One of the best mommas around I heard."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "It really hurts when it hits. But you know..."

Maags whispers something to Cryheart.

Speaking in Guildspeak, Chaoswynd says something you don't understand.

Speaking softly to Viva, Chandrellia says, "The bestest."

Speaking to Viva, Fahlo asks, "Are you ready for an eventful eve-knaving?"

[General] Dwi thinks, "E'erythin bout elfs is fishy to me."

Speaking to Fahlo, Viva exclaims, "It's going to be quite the knight!"

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia says, "Oohhh maybe we should try and kidnap an officer of the Knaves if we see one."

Leafiara whispers to the group, "Just so we're on the same page, I'm well aware some of you are expecting the worst. Frankly, so am I, as it was way too easy that they gave the information *before* getting help."

Speaking to Viva, Fahlo says, "Probably have to duke it out.."

Leafiara whispers to the group, "And no one has to help who doesn't want to. I'm going along half for the same reason I went to Glaoveln--to make sure nothing's amiss."

Guarrin whispers to the group, "The Order will be protecting the town again."

Puptilian whispers to the group, "I will be helping the Order."

Maags exclaims, "Defenders will defend!"

Chandrellia whispers to the group, "I'll be with the attack team to help with healing."

Leafiara whispers to the group, "There's no guarantee that there even is an attack team. We don't know what exactly Mother even wants yet--could be an attack, could be reconaissance. Completely unknown."

Maelkyth says, "This is fantastic! I'm not very prophetic, though."

Cryheart whispers to the group, "Order of the Silver Gryphon will maintain their position as last eve. We plan to patrol the perimeter."

Vaemyr whispers to the group, "I'm betting on distraction and or bait."

Alvyara asks, "Wait.. sorry, I'm very distracted. We're expecting to be attacked?"

Speaking softly to a green-eyed grey and white kitten, Chandrellia asks, "You ready battle kitten?"

Guarrin whispers something to Yukito.

Evia says, "Boingy boing."

Roelon whispers to the group, "Ah'll lend mah blade to the attack."

Maelkyth asks, "So, we kill everyone who isn't us? Close your eyes and flail until everyone stops twitching?"

Leafiara whispers to the group, "Here's what I do ask. If there's a betrayal and it's specifically aimed at me, leave me be. Such a tactic would seem like a lure to you, so don't bite."

Alvyara asks, "There's to be fighting tonight?"

Alvyara says, "I'm very confused."

Speaking musingly to Alvyara, Leafiara says, "Probably, yeah."

Alvyara says, "Oh, dear."

Speaking to Alvyara, Viva says, "Though the confusion will probably continue before and after the fighting."

Chandrellia whispers to the group, "I'll do my best, but can't promise."

Speaking curiously to Leafiara, Arynth says, "Over what, this time? You have the statue."

Leafiara whispers to the group, "At the risk of sounding like Hap, I've considered probably three dozen possibilities here and maybe one of them is actually good."

Icy flakes of snow descend slowly from the sky, flurrying about the night.

Speaking to Arynth, Leafiara says, "Just to generally strike at the Knave, as I understand it, but we'll need more information and will hopefully have it soon."

Speaking to Lazaryth, Alvyara says, "There you are."

Kippe dryly commends, "A good night for a fight."

Speaking to Leafiara, Maags says, "That is a big ask."

Vaemyr whispers to the group, "Is the "good" one where we just fight and kill a bunch of Knaves?"

Speaking affably to Leafiara, Arynth offers, "Please let me know how I might be of service."

Lazaryth says, "My presence was requested."

Leafiara whispers to the group, "Yes."

Alvyara says, "I think I might hang about in town where I can heal people."

Roelon whispers to the group, "When does anything ever end up ...good."

Speaking to Lazaryth, Darcena laughs, "Brother."

Lazaryth says, "Mm. Sister."

[General] Cryheart thinks, "Same as last eve...patrol the town but not help Mother."

Speaking to Lazaryth, Alvyara says, "Please be careful."

Leafiara whispers to the group, "The only good outcome here is that it's exactly as Mother presented with no twists whatsoever, and that her ominous warnings were just to... eliminate a few people and keep it small, for a tighter group."

Chandrellia recites softly:

"We will need healers in the Square as I am sure it will spill over into our streets as it did last night"

[General] Dergoatean thinks, "What's the story with this portal in southwest town square? The one that leads to a forest path and a temple."

Vaemyr whispers to the group, "I thought last night actually turned out well, which is why I think everyone's on edge tonight."

Leafiara whispers to the group, "Exactly as Vaemyr said."

Alvyara says, "Everyone be careful."

Leafiara whispers to the group, "Last night was far, far too easy."

[General] Maylan exclaims, "That's a moon temple place!"

Leafiara whispers to the group, "I wouldn't even be surprised if we got the statue because the Rooks struck a deal with Vlashandra to leave it there."

[General] Dergoatean thinks, "That sounds nice." [General] Maylan thinks, "Go find purdy flowers and a trinket."

Maelkyth exclaims, "Tonight, I stand with you! This should be confusing!"

Chandrellia whispers to the group, "Tell me about it, I actually lived."

[General] Dergoatean thinks, "I expected worse, when the portal was crimson and chaotic."

[General] Maylan thinks, "Oh THAT portal."

[General] Maylan thinks, "I dunno about that portal."

Speaking to Guarrin, Lazaryth says, "Nice statue."

[General] Mnar thinks, "The forest temple folks had to get a discount portal."

[General] Maylan asks, "Are there any merfolk on the other side?"

[General] Dergoatean thinks, "I found a lovely rose."

[General] Evia thinks, "Yes why can't we just ever have a nice crimson and clover portal."

Fahlo whispers to the group, "If we need a decoy statue.. I've been working on my poses."

Guarrin mentions, "They are sold in Haven."

Leafiara recites:

"Reiterating for those just arriving: defensive spells in the sacks on the ground. Just raise those rods to activate. They're spells you can't get from Dreavenings or other places!"

Lazaryth asks, "You don't say?"

Elbromo says, "Alot come to watch snow."

Roelon whispers to the group, "Just need ah nice gown on ya."

Lazaryth says, "I'll pick one up the next time I feel the need to rub a lobster with a chalkboard."

Fahlo whispers to the group, "Hey if.. if you're buying you know.. could make something work."

Mnar says, "Huh."

Kippe whispers something to Fahlo.

Speaking to Lazaryth, Guarrin says, "Ah, you're fun."

Fahlo whispers something to Kippe.


More Shadowy Meetings

A voice in the shadows says, "Office."

Maags exclaims, "Nobodies ever called me that before!"

Cryheart recites:

"Moving"

Chandrellia softly says, "Mother is speaking by the sounds of it."

Maags quickly prompts, "Threetwoone!"

Evia says, "That sounded rather officious."

Leafiara says, "Could be any of them."

[Mayor Leafiara's Office]

Silk-cushioned chairs surround a circular cherry red table toward the back of the room. Plush carpets of fake fur blanket the polished oak floor while myriad painted treats span the office's walls, interrupted by an oversized placard. In a back corner, above a brick fireplace, a mounted stag's head watches vigilantly from a distance over a hazelwood dart board near the entryway. A leaf-shaped window invites outside light toward a drink bar that stands beneath a painting. You also see a green-eyed grey and white kitten, the Varnock disk, the green Hapenlok disk, the vermeil Rendena disk draped with silver strands of tidal pearls, the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, the Fahlo disk, the Randsford disk, the faenor Chandrellia disk inlaid with intersecting bands of jet, the Elbromo disk, a lanky fire wyrdling, a forlorn lake spirit that is flying around, a charming aurora spirit that is flying around, an amber-eyed tawny range wolf, an insouciant sunburst spirit that is flying around, a massive snowy white tiger, a forest wolf, a spotted great horned owl that is flying around, a black-toed saddleback foxhound, a subversive glacier spirit that is flying around, a variable lake spirit that is flying around, a basket of sticks, a tiny two-tiered bookshelf and obvious signs of someone hiding.

Also here: Varnock, Viva, Elbromo, Lazaryth, Sir Mynon, Leifa, The Notorious Fahlo, Lady in Waiting Chandrellia, Drevihyin, Legionnaire Aureliano, Chaoswynd, Shinann, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Goldstr, Barrister Faerinn, Dame Evia, Roelon, Yukito, Kippe, Lord Perivan, Guarrin, Vaemyr, Lord Asben, Maags, Lord Randsford, Maelkyth, Hapenlok, Mayor Leafiara, Lady in Waiting Rendena, Sir Cryheart, Lord Zolis, Darcena

Leafiara musingly says, "Wonder where the Magister is. I'd still love for her to elaborate on the things we found last night."

[General] Chandrellia thinks, "Becasue then it might be, over and over..."

Speaking to Leafiara, Faerinn says, "Sadly she won't be able to make it tonight."

Speaking to Leafiara, Kippe says, "Seems she's working late."

Leafiara says, "Vlashandra apparently took some of the elemental samples that Dennet was working on."

Maags says, "Problies looking for Owlies who seems to be missing."

Maelkyth asks, "Do we kill the magister on sight, or just wait for someone to start a brawl?"

Speaking wryly to Maelkyth, Leafiara says, "Not this Magister, no."

Maelkyth says, "Oh."

Hapenlok says, "They have elementals."

Cryheart says, "They be speaking of Raelee."

Leafiara admits, "With full acknowledgment that a large number of *other* Magisters have been problems to the town."

Maelkyth says, "I'm not clear on all the players here, but then again... I don't need to be."

Dergoatean says, "Some of the magisters are one of us. Some of them are one of them."

Mnar says, "Definitely shouldn't kill Raelee on sight."

Leafiara says, "Thankfully Dennet's dead and Octaven's in a bane coffin somewhere."

Chandrellia softly says, "Or out of sight for that matter."

Mnar says, "At the very least check her mood first."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok asks, "Is she?"

Vaemyr says, "Although apparently Vlashandra wants Raelee's face."

Elbromo asks, "Why is that a question?"

Maags says, "Magisters are likes magic. Some are good and some not so good."

Speaking to Vaemyr, Leafiara says, "Real creepy."

Speaking to Maags, Dergoatean says, "And some are sparkly."

Leafiara says, "I'd love to know the Hall's hiring process."

Darcena says, "I was daydreaming a little."

Speaking to Dergoatean, Maags exclaims, "Veries!"

[General] Arynth asks, "Where'd everyone go?"

Speaking to Maags, Evia says, "And some would argue all magics are neutral, its the intentions."

Leafiara says, "Must be about as good as our citizenship process that let Amos in and had him running for the council within a month."

[General] Shinann thinks, "Mayor's office."

[General] Chandrellia thinks, "Mayor's office."

Lazaryth says, "You'd think if you were going to steal a face, you'd want it to be one that has more than one expression."

Speaking to Leafiara, Guarrin says, "They go through all the registered mages, and go from there, I believe."

Speaking to Leafiara, Vaemyr asks, "I mean don't they just let any turnip farmer they run accross become a citizen just about?"

Speaking to Vaemyr, Leafiara says, "Right, people actually have to... contribute to the town a bit first."

Speaking to Leafiara, Evia asks, "Like bribes?"

Vaemyr says, "Well now they do, they didn't when I became a citizen a long time ago."

Speaking heavily to Evia, Leafiara says, "Yeah, in his case, probably."

Speaking to Guarrin, Stormyrain says, "Sir."

Leafiara says, "I'd never even thought of it until Silvynn said what he said about Amos' citizenship possibly being a clerical error."

Leafiara says, "It's entirely possible he just paid someone off."

Mnar says, "I do assume Vlashandra is at the very least in a probationary status with the Hall of Mages, at this point."

Maelkyth says, "Mmmmm...."

Speaking softly to Mnar, Chandrellia says, "Oh something tells me Vlashandra doesn't care what standing she is with the Hall at this point."

Faerinn says, "Assuming anyone reported back to the hall."

A freckled boy slips out of the shadows.

Lazaryth says, "Vlashandra ought to be thoroughly executed."

Guarrin whispers something to Mnar.

Leafiara says, "Yeah, the Hall has... issues receiving reports sometimes. Like how long Dennet took over here."

Goldstr says, "Acorn."

Dergoatean exclaims, "Walnut!"

Speaking curiously to a freckled boy, Leafiara says, "Oh, no Mother herself... well, nonetheless, good eve."

Dergoatean says, "Er.."

Evia says, "Peanut."

Varnock asks, "Almond?"

Balley softly says, "Sending a child."

Maags exclaims, "Corn kernal!"

Maags exclaims, "Gets it right!"

Speaking softly to Balley, Chandrellia says, "Hes good at slipping thru crowds."

Speaking to a freckled boy, Xainthrax asks, "You become a man yesterday?"

The boy says, "I have seen more than any child you know."

Speaking to Leafiara, Fahlo says, "Ask for the oak and all we get is the nut."

Leafiara whispers to the group, "That's a little troubling. I was hoping to get more information out of her, either intentionally or otherwise..."

Shinann says, "That is probably true."

Ulkov says, "Eh."

Speaking to a freckled boy, Faerinn asks, "You know that's worse, right?"

Cryheart says, "Most likely."

Speaking to a freckled boy, Lazaryth says, "Let's not get into a contest."

Puptilian says, "Not worse. Sad."

Balley softly says, "Maybe, my kids have seen a lot."

Speaking curiously to a freckled boy, Darcena asks, "Like what?"

Leafiara says, "To be fair, most of us have been in shadow valences too."

Speaking wryly to a freckled boy, Arynth says, "I'm not sure you could say that with any definity."

The boy says, "Mother is preparing the final positioning for our strikes. We're tracking some movements."

Shinann says, "Not captive." [I... think this is in response to Leafi, as Acorn was captive in a shadow valence while we went freely to rescue him]

Speaking to a freckled boy, Leafiara asks, "Quibbles aside, though... what's the nature of the night?"

Maelkyth whispers to the group, "This kid looks all kind of suspicious. Do we take him hostage until they free Vlashandra?"

Puptilian whispers to the group, "Why would we want to have Vlashandra freed?"

Speaking softly to a freckled boy, Chandrellia asks, "When we will know when and where to strike?"

Dergoatean whispers to the group, "Everything is suspicious about working with Rooks."

Leafiara clarifies, "Or, rather, what exactly were you were hoping for help-wise from those not in the Brotherhood? Stealth? An outright battle?"

Hapenlok whispers to the group, "No. we don't do anything to the kid. A: it'll get us all killed. B: he's kind of okay."

The boy says, "Shipments are coming in. There are three locations we'll strike."

Lazaryth whispers to the group, "'Vlashandra' and 'free' should not be in the same sentence together."

Fahlo says, ".. three."

Maelkyth whispers to the group, "Because it's not nice to keep people in bondage o'er long."

Leafiara whispers to the group, "I'm halfway counting on a betrayal, don't worry. I fully understand the suspiciousness here."

Dergoatean whispers to the group, "What about: Vlashandra is no longer free."

Leafiara whispers to the group, "Given that we got all the information yesterday already and they seemingly have no leverage here."

Leifa whispers to the group, "Rather young to have so much military intel."

The boy says, "We need help in the attack, to ensure our success in what Mother wants to get."

Speaking curiously to a freckled boy, Arynth asks, "Shipments of?"

Elbromo says, "Well I hope its a trap..it'll take ferver if its not."

Speaking softly to a freckled boy, Chandrellia asks, "So we are the distraction for her actual assault is that it?"

Speaking to a freckled boy, Vaemyr asks, "And what is that exactly?"

Shinann asks, "What does she want to get?"

Hapenlok says, "Look, the last time we went after a shipment of something...."

Maags whispers to the group, "Rooks has always used children for things."

Hapenlok mutters, "Nevermind. Forget it."

Xainthrax whispers to the group, "They do hide behind pawns."

Puptilian whispers to the group, "Very true but at least this time it's not as a shield."

The boy says, "It will assist the Brotherhood is what I am told."

Vaemyr whispers to the group, "So we're the distraction and bait I guess, at least for now."

Leafiara reasons, "Well, probably better not in the Knaves' hands regardless, but..."

Speaking to a freckled boy, Arynth repeats, "Shipments of...?"

Maags whispers to the group, "Still dangerous."

Leafiara says, "I could've sworn the point was wounding the Knave rather than helping the Brotherhood."

Speaking softly to a freckled boy, Chandrellia asks, "Yes but how exactly? On the streets, at the dock? how does Mother wish us to proceed once this starts? Just start mowing them down?"

The boy says, "Word is the Knave is moving some weapons in."

Speaking affably to a freckled boy, Arynth says, "Thank you."

Chandrellia softly says, "Oh great, more hand pylons."

Leafiara says, "...hmm. Given his resources, that could mean anything from a large shipment of blades to something more like pylons."

Leafiara clarifies, "And I was thinking the full sized ones, but Chandrellia's also right."

Goldstr says, "Weapons bought from Amos mos likely."

Puptilian whispers to the group, "Be better to destroy the weapons straight out instead of letting either group have them."

Evia says, "Or orbs of wicked ouches."

The boy says, "Three strikes. Three groups. Who will lead?"

Leafiara whispers to the group, "Which could only happen if enough of us went along to simultaneously survive and cause collateral damage."

Leafiara agrees, "I'll take one."

Lazaryth asks, "Now, who would want to split us up like that?"

Leafiara says, "Finding a second and third, well..."

Chandrellia softly says, "Well seeing as the Gryphons will be patrolling the streets."

Lazaryth asks, "Is there some reason we can't do them sequentially?"

Guarrin whispers to the group, "Reminder, the Order will be patrolling the streets."

Speaking pragmatically to Lazaryth, Leafiara says, "Because then they'd be on alert for the followups, I presume."

Elbromo asks, "This office gets bigger every disaster..wud we got 30 people in here?"

The boy says, "We have to strike quickly before the Knave rallies and overwhelms us."

Mnar says, "There is some wisdom in striking simultaneously."

Speaking to Lazaryth, Puptilian says, "Can't surprise them if you don't attack at the same time."

Lazaryth says, "Seems suspicious."

Dergoatean says, "When there are things like prisms on the battlefield, multiple groups are helpful."

Cryheart says, "As tonight the Order will be patrolling the streets."

Speaking to a freckled boy, Fahlo says, "Where are the locations of the strikes? Might help us figure out how best to organize ourselves.."

Leafiara asks, "...do we have three groups? That is to say, do we have two other leaders available?"

Maerit says, "Who pinched me."

Lazaryth asks, "Fine. Fine. I'll die either way, what do I care?"

Dergoatean says, "I can lead a group if necessary. If not necessary, I'll scout and report."

Chandrellia softly says, "A simultaneous attack on three targets negates most chances of them being able to rally up and move a bigger force."

Hapenlok says, "I hate doing this, but I'll lead one."

Cryheart says, "Join Leafiara for now for those who want to strke at the weapon shipments."

Leafiara says, "Alright. Goat, Hap, and me."

Speaking to a freckled boy, Arynth asks, "Need there be any difference in the ability levels of the groups?"

Speaking to Cryheart, Maelkyth asks, "What're you doing?"

Leafiara recites:

"Join Goat, Hap, or me to... strike at these weapon deliveries."

Leafiara recites:

"We'll need to split up at least reasonably well."

Cryheart says, "Defending the streets."

Stormyrain says, "The militia will patrol the town with the Gryphons."

Leafiara recites:

"So take stock of your groups before we depart."

Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "Nah, Lylia and I are fine on our own."

Maelkyth says, "Ahh."

Leafiara recites:

"And... whatever happens out there, good luck."

Speaking to Dergoatean, Lylia says, "Looks as though you have been elected."

Maelkyth exclaims, "Street duty!"

Dergoatean says, "Oh and Xorus and Telegan, all the better."

Cryheart says, "Ok..Dergoatean and Leafiara has followers."

Speaking to Leafiara, Leifa says, "We're behind you, Mayor."

Chandrellia recites softly:

"Embrace the chaos"

Maags says, "Fare well everybodies be careful."

Maelkyth says, "I'm gonna die."

Leafiara recites:

"Two wizards are with me, so on that alone we're probably sufficient. Join Hap or Goat!"

Speaking to Telagan, Dergoatean says, "Thrilled to have you on board."

Speaking to Roelon, Randsford says, "Good luck on the attack, will stay back and guard the streets."

Speaking to Dergoatean, Telagan says, "Jus' don't get lost like las' night."

Leafiara recites:

"We'll also need a healer for each group."

Xorus says, "I only have the vaguest notion of what we are doing, so I will resort to indiscriminate destruction."

Mnar says, "Small but capable."

Maelkyth exclaims, "I can heal!"

Speaking to Dergoatean, Telagan says, "Miss all the fun."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia says, "Balley and I are with you."

Maelkyth exclaims, "I can do things!"

Dergoatean says, "We've got a healer, wouldn't mind a raiser."

Cryheart says, "And Hap as the other group striking at the weapon shipments."

Ephya says, "Glad to see you, too..."

Lylia says, "We might have enough sorcerers. Might."

Speaking deeply to Randsford, Roelon says, "Ah know ye will do yir best. Watch out fir them prisims."

Lazaryth whispers something to Darcena.

The boy says, "Those following Hapenlok seem light. We can't have you quickly overwhelmed."

Leafiara says, "And last call again... imbedded magic rods on the ground."

Speaking to a freckled boy, Hapenlok says, "You underestimate my-....okay, you've got a point."

Dergoatean asks, "Am I.. the muscle?"

Hapenlok says, "Gimme a bard and a paladin."

Speaking to Dergoatean, Leafiara says, "Hey, you're very good at it."

Hapenlok says, "We'll make it even."

Speaking in Guildspeak, Ephya asks something you don't understand.

Chaoswynd amusedly murmurs, "...if they get in trouble, they can just throw Hap at them. He's sort of an improvised explosive device, after all."

Elbromo says, "The lads a genr'l now."

Cryheart says, "So, Dergoatean, Leafiara and Hapenlok will lead the groups striking the weapon shipments."

Speaking softly to Ephya, Chandrellia says, "Balley and I are with Leafi."

Leafiara recites:

"Does each group have at least one healer?"

Speaking in Guildspeak, Telagan says something you don't understand.

Speaking in Guildspeak, Ephya asks something you don't understand.


Blood's the Word

The boy says, "Gryphons, you might want to step outside now before I speak some more."

Dergoatean says, "Thinking about how last night turned out, it would be nice to have someone good with traps and locks, too."

Cryheart says, "Gryphons on me."

Sir Cryheart's group just went through a glossy maoral door.

Yaristen sagely says, "Well then."

Leafiara recites:

"Are all in the room going along, then?"

Chandrellia yells, "Good luck Gryphons!"

Leafiara recites:

"...for whatever reason you might be."

[Mayor Leafiara's Office]

Silk-cushioned chairs surround a circular cherry red table toward the back of the room. Plush carpets of fake fur blanket the polished oak floor while myriad painted treats span the office's walls, interrupted by an oversized placard. In a back corner, above a brick fireplace, a mounted stag's head watches vigilantly from a distance over a hazelwood dart board near the entryway. A leaf-shaped window invites outside light toward a drink bar that stands beneath a painting. You also see the Fahlo disk, a small sack, a small sack, a small sack, a small sack, a small sack, a plump charcoal cat, a fluffy white cat that is sitting, an irate volcano spirit that is flying around, a freckled boy, the vermeil Rendena disk draped with silver strands of tidal pearls, the faenor Arynth disk inlaid with intersecting bands of jet, a dusky vaporous spirit that is flying around, the Dergoatean disk, a sapphire-eyed pale golden margay, a green-eyed grey and white kitten, the Varnock disk, the green Hapenlok disk, the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, the faenor Chandrellia disk inlaid with intersecting bands of jet, a lanky fire wyrdling, a massive snowy white tiger, a forest wolf, a black-toed saddleback foxhound, a basket of sticks and a tiny two-tiered bookshelf.

Also here: Stormyrain, The Notorious Fahlo, Lord Asben, Yaristen, Earthdiver, Xorus, Imperatrix Lylia, Ycelacie, Lord Telagan, Maerit, Lady in Waiting Rendena, Arynth, Ephya, Relic Hunter Ulkov, Dergoatean, Mnar, Varnock, Viva, Lazaryth, Leifa, Lady in Waiting Chandrellia, Drevihyin, Legionnaire Aureliano, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Puptilian, Barrister Faerinn, Roelon, Vaemyr, Hapenlok, The Notorious Leafiara

The boy says, "There may be casualities."

Lazaryth mouths, "May be."

Mnar asks, "May?"

Leafiara says, "You said that last time, but..."

Speaking wryly to a freckled boy, Arynth asks, "May be?"

Leafiara asks, "What do you mean?"

Speaking softly to a freckled boy, Chandrellia says, "It's expected in times of war."

Leafiara says, "If it's a battle, of course there would be, so you must expect something else."

Mnar says, "Come on, be honest with us."

Speaking kindly to a freckled boy, Lazaryth says, "Thank you for the warning."

The boy says, "We've got word the Knave is bringing supplies, resources, weapons. There'll be hired protection."

The boy says, "We don't know how many, but they'll have it."

Leafiara says, "Always with the hired help these days..."

The boy says, "Live by the silver, die by the silver, my sister used to always say."

Dergoatean exclaims, "So you're saying they have the element of supplies!"

Mnar asks, "What's she say nowadays?"

Rendena softly asks, "Right?"

Vaemyr says, "Maybe we should bring some really large notes, and hire them to our side."

Leifa whispers aloud, "Sister?"

Hapenlok says, "Everyone who was joind to me, rejoin."

Leafiara says, "The Knaves themselves are mercenaries, so I'm not sure I understand why you're giving these grave warnings."

Rendena softly says, "Maybe I'm blind."

Acorn snickers at Dergoatean.

Speaking to a freckled boy, Faerinn asks, "So she's dead from silver poisoning isn't she?"

Dergoatean says, "7 in my group, including me."

Dergoatean asks, "Leafi and Hap sound off?"

Lazaryth says, "...I seem to be in the right place."

Chandrellia recites softly:

"11 in Leafi's group"

Specks of blood red light drift through the night sky, originating from the eastern side of town and slowly floating westernly, flurrying about like red ash.

[General] Lylia thinks, "That is also a form of help. It all matters."

Vaemyr asks, "So what are the three locations?"

[General] Lylia asks, "Hmm, did I think that aloud?"

Faerinn says, "Vlashandra is up."

Arynth thoughtfully muses, "Interesting."

Hapenlok groans, "This is what we needed."

[General] Chandrellia exclaims, "Cryheart be ready, looks like movement from east to west!"

Leafiara musingly says, "You ever wonder if Grishom's just wandering about and--"

Leafiara mutters, "Oh, never mind."

Mnar asks, "Destroy Vlashandra on sight, I assume?"

Roelon deeply says, "Well, this should be interestin'."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia says, "Thsis is not the time."

Speaking to Mnar, Leafiara says, "No, sadly, Raelee needs her alive."

Mnar asks, "Why should I care what Raelee needs?"

Speaking to Mnar, Hapenlok says, "If she and her ilk come for us? Go for it."

Speaking to Mnar, Hapenlok says, "But we got a job to do."

Speaking to Leafiara, Faerinn says, "By the way, a very old citizen told me she heard there will be another Blood Harvest soon."

Speaking wryly to Chandrellia, Arynth says, "That was the point."

Speaking cautiously to Mnar, Leafiara says, "Well, if you want to be the one to fight with her later, have at it."

Speaking to Faerinn, Leafiara says, "...hm..."

Lazaryth asks, "What does Raelee want with her?"

Speaking to Mnar, Lylia says, "Because she has reason to wring information out of her, information that we all may find useful."

Speaking to Leafiara, Faerinn says, "Well she told me to tell Walkar, but I'm repeating the message to you."

Speaking softly to Arynth, Chandrellia says, "I am aware, but my statement still stands."

Lazaryth says, "Emphasis on the wringing, hopefully."

Lylia says, "Personally, I prefer her to stay alive so she may suffer."

The boy says, "Three locations. Once you are in place, you'll announce on the amulet you are looking to purchase rat pelts."

[General] Eliaku thinks, "Shhhh I'm trying to think in here."

Lazaryth glances incredulously at a freckled boy.

Lazaryth asks, "Are you serious?"

Leafiara slowly says, "...alright then."

[General] Cryheart thinks, "Thanks..we sensed it."

Arynth brightly says, "Oh I love rat pelts."

Mnar says, "Well, as far as codes go, I've heard worse."

The boy says, "We want as much surprise as we can."

Lazaryth says, "Star sapphires, I could see.."

Lylia flatly says, "Yes. I am sure they will believe this."

Dergoatean asks, "Is that NOT supposed to sound suspicious?"

Speaking to Chandrellia, Leifa says, "Rat pelts is the theme of the day."

Leafiara says, "Maybe it's supposed to be a lure."

Leafiara says, "Bait."

Speaking to Leafiara, Faerinn says, "Also mentioned that Stephos is missing and Celladonna was sighted talking to a town clerk."

Speaking in Guildspeak, Ephya says something you don't understand.

Dergoatean says, "For the last 25 years, I've known ONE man in this town interested in buying rat pelts."

Xorus dryly asks, "What decade is this?"

Speaking to Faerinn, Leafiara mutters, "Oh, grand."

Ephya says, "Lylia often buys rat pelts..."

Speaking to Faerinn, Leafiara says, "Thank you for the information, though."

The boy says, "Have you something better?"

Chandrellia softly exclaims, "Well no one can have my rats for their pelts!"

Dergoatean exclaims, "We could ask where the runner is!"

Mnar says, "Announce that you want to sell bloodscrip."

Lylia says, "It suffices."

Leafiara admits, "Not especially. It seems suspicious enough."

The boy says, "Very well. I'm just a kid, sorry."

Dergoatean says, "Mnar's got it."

Speaking to a freckled boy, Fahlo suggests, "How about alexandrite rapiers?"

Speaking softly to a freckled boy, Chandrellia says, "It's ok, you are trying."

Dergoatean says, "Ask to sell bloodscrip on the amunet."

The boy says, "Bloodscrip it is."

Chandrellia recites softly:

"And only the leaders of the groups should ask."

Leafiara slowly says, "I hope you realize that bloodscrip, unlike rat pelts, might actually attract an audience."

Leafiara says, "So if that's the goal..."

Mnar says, "We might make a profit on this mission."

Hapenlok says, "Bloodscrip."

Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "Just ask for really high prices."

Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "Problem solved."

Speaking musingly to Dergoatean, Leafiara says, "Fair enough."

Lylia says, "Rat pelts would make sense, then."

Hapenlok says, "Okay."

Leafiara says, "Bloodscrip at an excessively high price."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia says, "Yeah like 4 mil to 1k."

Lylia briskly says, "But we had best be about it, in any case."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Dergoatean exclaims, "But not suspiciously high!"

Lazaryth says, "Just don't call it by that gauche abbreviation."

Speaking softly to Dergoatean, Chandrellia asks, "Oh to much?"

Leafiara mutters, "Let's just go with the bloodscrip. We don't have time to dawdle, regardless of what happens."

Dergoatean says, "1.2 to 1.4m per 1k."

The boy says, "North docks. The t-intersection along Trollfang, near Abandoned Inn. And the Locksmehr River, the edge of it, near the path to Voln."

Arynth sagely says, "As the boy said, time is of the essence."

Leafiara says, "I'll move to the Abandoned Inn area."

Dergoatean says, "I'll take us to the Locksmehr."

Hapenlok says, "Docks it is."

Leafiara says, "Hap at the docks, then."

The boy says, "Hapenlok, you are the north docks."

Mnar says, "Are we the smallest group? We should take the one in town, so the Gryphons can help if needed."

Leafiara asks, "Announce as soon as we're there?"

Arynth suggests, "We should consider setting up fallback/triage points near each area."

Dergoatean exclaims, "Off we go! Moving in 3!"

Roelon deeply says, "We got this, aye."

Speaking pragmatically to Mnar, Leafiara says, "Good point."

Speaking to Mnar, Lazaryth says, "You're far too bright for this group."

Speaking softly to Mnar, Chandrellia says, "They will not step in."

The boy says, "Announce once you are secure. The shipments are en route. It may be minutes but...go."

Speaking to Mnar, Hapenlok says, "It's okay. 5 can do a lot."

Hapenlok says, "Have fun."

The boy slips off.

Leafiara says, "Good luck out there, everyone."

Chandrellia recites softly:

"Good luck everyone"

[travel]

Cryheart asks, "Easterly?"

[travel]

[Upper Trollfang]

You are standing at a broad T-intersection. The main road appears to run east to west while a smaller street runs off to the north. To the south can be seen a grove of large willow trees. You also see some studded leather, a spear and a spear.

Ycelacie, Asben, Yaristen, Earthdiver, Rendena, Arynth, Lazaryth, Leifa, Chandrellia, Balley and Faerinn followed.

Leafiara recites:

"Everyone brace and get ready!"

Leafiara recites:

"Spells, healing, anything of that nature that you need."

Leafiara recites:

"Then I'll... send the message when you all are set."

Lazaryth asks, "Does... anyone have a spare small statue?"

Chandrellia softly says, "Balley and I will try to keep everyone healed as fast as possilbile."

Balley softly says, "Yep."

[General] Hapenlok exclaims, "Well, I'll be at the North Dock...selling massive amounts of bloodscrip. First come, first served!"

[Upper Trollfang]

You are standing at a broad T-intersection. The main road appears to run east to west while a smaller street runs off to the north. To the south can be seen a grove of large willow trees. You also see a small sack, a small sack, the coffin-shaped Maevie disk, a green-eyed grey and white kitten, the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, the faenor Chandrellia disk inlaid with intersecting bands of jet, the faenor Arynth disk inlaid with intersecting bands of jet, the vermeil Rendena disk draped with silver strands of tidal pearls, a black-toed saddleback foxhound, a fluffy white cat, a plump charcoal cat, some studded leather, a spear and a spear.

Also here: Maevie, Ycelacie, Lord Asben, Yaristen, Earthdiver, Lady in Waiting Rendena, Arynth, Lazaryth, Leifa, Lady in Waiting Chandrellia, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Barrister Faerinn, The Notorious Leafiara

Balley softly says, "I am ready."

Leafiara recites:

"Let me know when you feel ready!"

[General] Maerit thinks, "How much for 1 silver."

Earthdiver says, "Ready."

Chandrellia recites softly:

"Balley and I can also fog the dead to town as needed, if needed"

[General] Dergoatean thinks, "Offering bloodscrip for SLIGHTLY cheaper than Hap."

Rendena softly says, "Ready."

Faerinn says, "Ready."

Arynth wryly says, "As I'll ever be."

Speaking to Leafiara, Lazaryth says, "Feel me and tell me."

[General] Maerit thinks, "You never do things slightly."

Leafiara says, "Chandy and Balley are our healers this evening. I look like the only cleric, I believe."

Balley softly says, "I can also kill if needed."

[General] Dergoatean thinks, "Find me at the Locksmehr river."

Leafiara says, "Faerinn's our bard."

Leafiara asks, "Are all ready?"

Chandrellia nervously says, "I'm ready."

Earthdiver says, "Ready."

In the distance, the silhoutte of some riverboats can be seen gliding down the Locksmehr River.

Faerinn says, "Ready."

[General] Rowi thinks, "Buying 162k bloodscrip for 100 million silver coins."

[General] Leafiara scoffs, "Selling bloodscrip for 1.5m silvers per thousand and I bet I have more of it than them."

[General] Dergoatean exclaims, "I don't doubt that!"

Riding smoothly on the murky waters of Darkstone Bay, some ships come into view, slowly navigating towards the Sea Gate and towards the North Docks of town.

Ycelacie asks, "Who are these ships?"

Arynth affably says, "So ah. I'm Arynth..."

[General] Maerit thinks, "Boats boats boats."

Leafiara says, "The Knave's... weapon deliveries, apparently."

Speaking softly to Ycelacie, Chandrellia says, "The ones the other team will intercept."

Some birds take flight suddenly from a cluster of trees within Upper Trollfang.

Leafiara says, "If I had to guess, we're after wagons."

Balley softly says, "Hi Arynth I am Balley."

Chandrellia softly exclaims, "Brace!"

Earthdiver says, "Let's make them into charcoal, hopefully."

Speaking politely to Balley, Arynth says, "Well met, my lady."

Leafiara says, "Wagons burn easily, thankfully..."

Ycelacie curiously asks, "I mean who is on them?"

Speaking softly to Earthdiver, Chandrellia asks, "Just no openeing locked doors tonight ok?"

Earthdiver says, "Future charcoal."

Leafiara says, "That's what we're about to find out."

Leafiara says, "The good news is that if the people on them aren't who we were told they'd be, it's easy to back out..."

Some red motes of light drift through the streets of Wehnimer's Landing.

Speaking softly to Earthdiver, Chandrellia says, "I did good last night, you were my only death."

Leafiara says, "This isn't nearly as risky as the Jantalar mission seemed at the time."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia says, "It's not here yet either."

[General] Archales thinks, "People seem so on edge this evening."

Earthdiver says, "I watched that door lightly spark about ten people."

Lazaryth flatly says, "Yes. It would be terrible to kill a riverboat full of gamblers."

Earthdiver says, "Then I try, and it kills me."

Earthdiver says, "At least I got it open."

Speaking softly to Earthdiver, Chandrellia says, "Yes, yes you did."

Leafiara acknowledges, "I mean, I'll admit, the Landing's killed a lot worse."

[General] Peggyanne asks, "What are you trying to say Archales?"

Leafiara adds, "...often."

Ycelacie says, "I expect several people had to try and fail."

Ycelacie says, "The door."

[General] Lazaryth thinks, "Well, it's not every night you can get such a good deal on bloodscrip."

Some riverboats glide closer to town, navigating the winding bend of the Locksmehr River.

Speaking softly to Ycelacie, Chandrellia says, "Earth came thru for us at the cost of life."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Ycelacie says, "I saw."

The docks begin to come more alive, as workers move to and fro as some ships glide closer to town.

Speaking softly to Ycelacie, Chandrellia says, "Was so busy for me I didn't know who was there I was just healing."

Balley softly says, "Here they come."

Leafiara says, "Having familiars to watch Goat and Hap might help, though I think we're probably committed to guarding this particular spot."

More birds in Trollfang.

Earthdiver says, "I like birds."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Ycelacie says, "It's not that you want people to get hurt."

Balley softly says, "Lots of birds."

Maevie says, "Me too."

Speaking jokingly to Chandrellia, Ycelacie says, "But you may not not want them."

Speaking softly to Ycelacie, Chandrellia says, "It's that I do my best to keep alive."

Leafiara mutters, "If that red light around the Landing is Grishom, then we're probably going to get the worst of it."

Balley softly says, "I wonder."

Leafiara says, "That's part of why I picked this spot."

Leafiara adds, "But also I just like the Abandoned Inn."

Speaking curiously to Leafiara, Arynth asks, "Why is that?"

Balley softly says, "It feels like a Grishom night."

Speaking to Arynth, Leafiara says, "We're the closest to where Grishom Stone usually spends his time."

Chandrellia softly says, "Lots of memories for some of us."

Leafiara says, "In the Deadfall forest further south."

Arynth says, "Perfect."

Leafiara says, "Which would mean we'll have the worst of it, but only if I'm right."

A cold wind stirs through town, an eerie voice carried with it. "Blood to feed...blood to grow...blood to bring...blood to sow..."

Arynth says, "Perfect."

Balley softly says, "The wind."

Lazaryth asks, "That's not normal, is it?"

Leafiara says, "Well... his group is active in town, at very least."

Balley softly says, "The birds."

Leafiara says, "That's the blood cult."

Earthdiver says, "I mean, blood is pretty important. Can't deny that."

Arynth resolutely says, "Heard interesting things about Stone. I look forward to meeting him."

Lazaryth asks, "Do Malluch's folks do that every night?"

Speaking dryly to Lazaryth, Leafiara says, "Yes."

Lazaryth says, "I'm usually indoors at this hour."

[General] Qurne asks, "That chanting a sign of invasion?"

Balley softly says, "The birds were loud."

Leafiara acknowledges, "But there seems like more of them than usual tonight."

[General] Mnar thinks, "I mean, it's probably not good."

[General] Kiwoeachi thinks, "You're probably safer leaving town for a while."

Speaking softly to Lazaryth, Chandrellia says, "Pretty much yes, only tonight they bring the cool air which is not normal."

Lazaryth says, "Sure hope they don't decide to cause trouble."

[General] Lylia thinks, "Something certainly seems to be astir. It might be wise to be watchful."

[General] Leafiara musingly thinks, "Probably, yeah. On all counts."

Balley softly says, "I do not think we are going to see the knaves."

Speaking to Lazaryth, Leafiara assures, "Oh, they will."

Lazaryth says, "Yes, cool air is very abnormal for winter."

Speaking softly to Balley, Chandrellia says, "We will."

Faerinn says, "The old woman did hear there would be a harvest tonight. Though I could have sworn we just had one."

[General] Kiwoeachi thinks, "Boats from the sea can't be a good sign."

Balley softly says, "We will see."

[General] Kiwoeachi thinks, "There's pirates out there."

Balley softly says, "Feels different today."

[General] Archales thinks, "They were river boats."

[General] Maerit thinks, "Sure it could, might be people bringing gifts."

Leafiara notes, "It's interesting that we're at an intersection..."

[General] Qurne asks, "So if it were boats from the land...it would be better?"

[General] Archales thinks, "I bet they are bringing me my stuff."

Speaking to Leafiara, Arynth muses, "A crossroads?"

[General] Kiwoeachi thinks, "Probably not, however, there's undead things wandering around. I would avoid those as well."

Leafiara says, "It wouldn't be plausible for them to come from the north, and people coming from the west wouldn't come this way..."

Lazaryth asks, "Why are these sacks here?"

Xecnephias quietly asks, "What are you crazy kids up to?"

Earthdiver says, "Buying bloodscrip."

Speaking to Lazaryth, Leafiara says, "Magic items with defensive spells imbedded."

Leafiara says, "In case anyone needs."

Speaking softly to Lazaryth, Chandrellia says, "Protection rods."


[General] Kiwoeachi thinks, "I'll be chillin' at Voln, nothing ever comes there."

[General] Qurne asks, "Oh..I need to kill some undead.... I havent hit 17 yet...should I leave these undead alone?"

Leafiara says, "We're running on a bit of a skeleton crew here, so... we need all the help we can get."

[from this point on I've got eyes on Hapenlok's group too, noted in italics]

[Wehnimer's, North Dock]

The dock's planks are dull and weathered from the salt spray of many seasons. Northward beyond the massive sea gates, a flock of ice geese passes, silhouetted against the sky over the waters of Darkstone Bay. The hulk of a derelict coastal sailer is tethered to the end of the pier. You also see the Archales disk, a billowing misty grey scorpion hovering in mid-air, a sapphire-eyed pale golden margay, a massive snowy white tiger, the Varnock disk, the green Hapenlok disk, a lanky fire wyrdling, a wide ramp, some stacked piles of supplies, some huge wooden crates, a stack of empty crates, the murky waters of Darkstone Bay, a black imperial wagon with a glowing blue-white pylon on it, a portly portmaster, an elegant riverboat with a gaily beribboned mahogany gangplank and obvious signs of someone hiding.

Also here: Whisker, Warchief Archales, Drevihyin, Roelon, Vaemyr, Hapenlok

[General] Kiwoeachi thinks, "I'd stay far away from town for a while."


Roll for Bluff

Some rugged mercenaries appear into view, walking into the area.

Leafiara whispers to the group, "Hold for a moment, let's be sure they're the right ones."

[General] Kiwoeachi thinks, "Least an hour while the militia deal with it."

Whisker asks, "So what's the plan?"

Rendena softly says, "Hello."

Speaking approvingly to Leafiara, Lazaryth says, "Good reflexes." [killing a hill troll in our area]

Leafiara asks, "Do we have familiars' eyes on Goat?"

The voice of Mnar says, "Let Hap do the talking."

Leafiara says, "We do on Hap."

Balley softly says, "Not from me."

[General] Qurne asks, "I'd probably be ok if I stuck close to Dwi or Archales though, right?"

(Hapenlok glances at the mercenaries as he folds his arms.)

The voice of Mnar says, "If there's no talking to be done... do what you gotta do."

Earthdiver says, "Lily is on her way."

An armored human mercenary just arrived!

An armored human mercenary just arrived!

Earthdiver says, "Ah."

>l merc

You see a fairly typical human mercenary.

He appears to be in good shape.

He has some steel plate and a sharp steel sword.

[General] Kiwoeachi thinks, "Well I walked northwest from square and died instantly last night, just be careful."

A mercenary says, "You should go. We've got work to do."

Leafiara greets, "Ah, hello there."

An armored human mercenary just arrived!

An armored human mercenary just arrived!

(Vaemyr looks over the band on mercenaries, standing a bit behind Hapenlok.)

Leafiara curiously asks, "What brings you all to the Landing?"

Speaking softly to an armored human mercenary, Balley asks, "What kind of work?"

A mercenary says, "You should go. We've got work to do."

Archales says, "Seems reasonable."

Archales says, "They did ask nicely."

Lazaryth asks, "You all buying bloodscrip?"

[General] Kiwoeachi thinks, "I'll stick with bandits for now they're easy."

Speaking to an armored human mercenary, Hapenlok says, "We're here to take delivery."

Leafiara says, "We're on a routine patrol of the area to protect the environs ourselves."

An armored human mercenary just arrived!

An armored human mercenary just arrived!

Speaking softly to an armored human mercenary, Chandrellia says, "We have some to sell."

Whisker says, "Very polite invaders."

Faerinn asks, "Y'all selling weapons? We got bloodscrip?"

Leafiara agrees, "Also true, plenty of bloodscrip."

A mercenary says, "You should go. We've got work to do."

[General] Qurne thinks, "You did? then I'd be worst then burnt toast on a soggy Sunday morning...."

A mercenary says, "You should go. We've got work to do."

[General] Maerit asks, "Like a Restday morning?"

A mercenary says, "You should go. We've got work to do."

An armored human mercenary just arrived!

An armored human mercenary just arrived!

An armored human mercenary just arrived!

An armored human mercenary just arrived!

Roelon deeply asks, "We are here to help, ye heard aye?"

Ycelacie curiously asks, "Who is... paying you?"

(OOC) Yaristen's player whispers to the group, "You are not quite sure what to make of the human mercenary, as you have never seen anything that looks quite like it. Stopping a moment, you try to commit this creature to memory so that you can tell tales of it to your fellow adventurers back in the safety of the local tavern."

Hapenlok says, "There's been a change of plans, friend. You can leave." ( OOC) Yaristen's player whispers to the group, "Bahaha."

Speaking to an armored human mercenary, Leafiara says, "They sell hand pylons at Bloodriven Village these days, if you're interested in those."

Leafiara says, "I've got one myself."

Leafiara raises her hand-held pylon up into the air, and it emits a bright flare of pure white light as a warning! >grin

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure charges in!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure charges in!

[General] Qurne thinks, "Yeah that....."

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure rushes towards an armored human mercenary!

[SMR result: 148 (Open d100: 82)]

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure hurls himself at an armored human mercenary and connects!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure pins an armored human mercenary to the ground and quickly jumps to his feet!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure charges in!

Speaking softly to an armored human mercenary, Balley says, "What work are you doing this evening? There seems to be a lot of you."

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure swings a broadsword at an armored human mercenary!

AS: +466 vs DS: +399 with AvD: +18 + d100 roll: +29 = +114

... and hits for 3 points of damage!

A feeble blow to the human mercenary's right arm!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure swings a broadsword at an armored human mercenary!

With extreme effort, the human mercenary beats back the attack with his sword!

The voice of Mnar says, "Hm..."

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure swings a broadsword at an armored human mercenary!

With no room to spare, the human mercenary manages to parry the blow with his steel sword!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure charges in!

Vaemyr says, "Welp."

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure swings a broadsword at an armored human mercenary!

The human mercenary evades the attack by inches!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure charges in!

Speaking to an armored human mercenary, Hapenlok says, "I tried to tell ya."

Roelon deeply says, "Well..."

Leafiara adds, "Well met, by the way."

Vaemyr says, "So much for that."

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure charges east!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure charges west!

The voice of Mnar says, "Rooks."

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure searches around nervously.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure discovers Mnar, who was hidden!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure swings a broadsword at an armored human mercenary!

The human mercenary evades the attack with incredible finesse!

Hapenlok yells, "LET FLY!"

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure charges in!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure charges in!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure charges in!

[Hap's group engages in combat against the mercenaries on their end]

Arynth asks, "Who are they, now?"

[Leafi's group lets the Rooks and mercenaries fight it out without intervening, other than Earthdiver getting in one shot]

Ycelacie says, "Ugh."

[Hap combat]

Hapenlok exclaims, "Mercenaries only!"

Speaking casually to an armored human mercenary, Leafiara says, "As you can see, this is why we patrol the area..."

[combat on Hap side; Leafi side continues standing by as now no one's attacking]

Ycelacie says, "Ummm."

[Hap side combat]

Ycelacie asks, "Let them fight?"

Leafiara musingly says, "Well."

[Hap side combat; Rook-mercenary combat in the Upper Trollfang]

Yaristen says, "What ah....what's...."

Speaking musingly to Ycelacie, Leafiara says, "Yeah, sure."

Arynth exclaims, "Troll!"

Balley softly says, "Ok."

An armored human mercenary swings a sharp steel sword at Maevie!

AS: +446 vs DS: +739 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +66 = -194

A clean miss.

An armored human mercenary swings a sharp steel sword at Yaristen!

AS: +430 vs DS: +721 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +100 = -157

A clean miss.

An armored human mercenary swings a sharp steel sword at Asben!

AS: +446 vs DS: +546 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +48 = -16

A clean miss.

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure charges in!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure charges in!

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure charges in!

Faerinn says, "I believe in y'all."

An armored human mercenary swings a sharp steel sword at Maevie!

AS: +446 vs DS: +739 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +8 = -252

A clean miss.

Leafiara says, "On second thought."

An armored human mercenary swings a sharp steel sword at Maevie!

Maevie barely manages to fend off the attack with her runestaff!

An armored human mercenary swings a sharp steel sword at Yaristen!

By amazing chance, Yaristen evades the attack!

Leafiara says, "They're attacking us now."

Chandrellia softly exclaims, "Ok attack!"


Mercantile Mercenaries

Leafiara roars, "To arms!"

[Upper Trollfang]

You are standing at a broad T-intersection. The main road appears to run east to west while a smaller street runs off to the north. To the south can be seen a grove of large willow trees. You also see a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, an armored human mercenary that appears dead, an armored human mercenary, an armored human mercenary that is lying down, a hill troll that appears dead, a fluffy white cat, a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, an armored human mercenary, an armored human mercenary, an armored human mercenary that is lying down, an armored human mercenary, an armored human mercenary, an armored human mercenary, a lanky fire wyrdling, the white Xecnephias disk, a blue-eyed tabby cat, a small sack, a small sack, the coffin-shaped Maevie disk, the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, the faenor Chandrellia disk inlaid with intersecting bands of jet, the faenor Arynth disk inlaid with intersecting bands of jet, the vermeil Rendena disk draped with silver strands of tidal pearls, a black-toed saddleback foxhound and a plump charcoal cat.

Also here: Xecnephias, Maevie, Ycelacie, Lord Asben, Yaristen, Earthdiver, Lady in Waiting Rendena, Arynth, Lazaryth, Leifa, Lady in Waiting Chandrellia, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Barrister Faerinn, The Notorious Leafiara

[yes, the Rooks actually managed to kill one of the mercenaries with almost no PC assistance, heh]

Yaristen says, "They're attacking us now."

[combat on all sides]

The voice of Mnar says, "Well, they know we're here."

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure says, "Hey, Xecnephias! I'm on your side! Watch it!"

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure says, "Hey, Xecnephias! I said I'm on your side! Watch it!"

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure says, "Hey, Xecnephias! I said I'm on your side! Watch it!"

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure says, "Hey, Xecnephias! I said I'm on your side! Watch it!"

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure says, "Hey, Xecnephias! I said I'm on your side! Watch it!"

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure says, "Hey, Xecnephias! I said I'm on your side! Watch it!"

[combat]

Roelon deeply says, "Well, nae these ones."

Speaking to a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, Leafiara admits, "Sorry, little tough here."

Vaemyr says, "I'm sure that wasn't all of them."

Rendena softly says, "You're attacking our troops."

Balley softly says, "If you need healing yell."

Chandrellia recites softly:

"Everyone good?"

[Towncrier] Dergoatean: "Mercs dispatched, first round."

Earthdiver says, "I have to duck out for a moment."

Vaemyr says, "And the next group probably isn't gonna be talkative."

Leafiara recites:

"Focus on the mercenaries!"

Leifa says, "I saw 'em swing at Asben and I wasn't gonna wait any longer."

The voice of Archales says, "Maybe you bought some time before anyone comes to check on them."

Xecnephias quietly says, "It's not the first time I killed someone I love."

Roelon deeply says, "Aye. Best prepare for that."

(OOC) Yaristen's player whispers to the group, "Holy crap, the spam from fighting freezes me up completely."

Leafiara recites:

"Rooks are on our side for the evening!"

Hapenlok says, "Maybe."

Chandrellia softly says, "Sorry had to get at least one kill in." [hill troll]

Some wagons arrive.

Leafiara recites:

"We can resume our usual wars with them some other night."

(OOC) Lazaryth's player whispers to the group, "If I ATTACK, will I hit only the mercenaries? Or both, or nothing?"

(OOC) Ycelacie's player whispers to the group, "It's really bad on my netbook, not so bad on this pc."

(OOC) Leifa's player whispers to the group, "It's just defaulting."

Leafiara yells, "Hello in there! What brings you to the Landing?"

Rendena softly asks, "So the mercenaries are not on our side?"

(OOC) Lazaryth's player whispers to the group, "But to what?"

Speaking to Rendena, Leafiara says, "Not if they attack they aren't."

(OOC) Leifa's player whispers to the group, "Creature level."

Hapenlok says, "Just do me a favor, try not to hit the Rooks tonight."

Speaking softly to Rendena, Chandrellia says, "Correct the hooded figures are."

Whisker asks, "Which are the Rooks?"

Vaemyr says, "I'll try."

Hapenlok says, "I don't want to get my backside filled with bolts."

The voice of Archales says, "I'm here to make sure there are consequences if you do."

Vaemyr says, "Or prisms."

Hapenlok says, "The hooded figures are friendly-ish."

Some ships arrive.

Earthdiver says, "Hm."

Whisker says, "Gotcha."

Whisker says, "More ships."

Balley softly says, "Soo many wagons."

Speaking loudly to a large wooden wagon, Leafiara asks, "What brings you here this evening?"

(OOC) Yaristen's player whispers to the group, "Switched to a hard line, let's see if that makes a difference or if my laptop is just trash."

[General] Guyamon thinks, "Anyone clear the way to the adventure guild I'd be miffed if I get all the way back and can't turn in my bounty."

Vaemyr says, "In fact look out for prisms from our 'help'."

An armored human mercenary just arrived!

An armored human mercenary swings a sharp steel sword at Rendena!

AS: +430 vs DS: +600 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +98 = -42

A clean miss.

Speaking calmly to an armored human mercenary, Leafiara says, "We're having--"

[combat on all sides]

Whisker says, "Now we're in trouble."

[combat; just assume it's always on all sides now]

Hapenlok says, "We got some ships."

[combat]

Yaristen says, "Not the figures."

Leafiara musingly says, "Well, so much for diplomacy."

Leifa says, "They failed at that."

[General] Peggyanne thinks, "You could turn it in, in Solhaven."

[General] Guyamon thinks, "Hehe."

[General] Varnock thinks, "It's clear... for now."

Leafiara earnestly says, "We tried. We really did."

The voice of Arynth says, "They initiated the attack."

Leafiara petitions the local flame spirits as flickers of pale flame surround her hands...

Leafiara gestures at a large wooden wagon.

Sections of the a large wooden wagon burst into spasmodic flame!

The wooden wagon begins to burn!

Some Rooks try to light the ships on fire! [Hap's group now joins in]

Leafiara yells, "You in the wagons, are these attacking mercenaries yours?"

Some Rooks try to light the wagons on fire! [Leafi had already started, but the others now join in]

[Towncrier] Dergoatean: "More mercs dispatched at Locksmehr."

[everyone burns wagons and ships]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "We have engaged."

Balley softly asks, "Now they are burning the wagons?"

Leafiara says, "I'm going with.. their intel says, these are the mercenaries' wagons."

Mnar says, "I've never set a ship on fire before."

Chandrellia softly says, "Anyone got any rolton burgers, I need a BBQ."

The voice of Archales says, "It's not hard."

The voice of Archales says, "They are made of canvas tar and timber."

[wagon and ship burning at the two fronts]

Leafiara recites:

"If by some miracle this is a mistake, we'd find out with the first burnt wagon and could repay later. Have at it, light 'em up!"

Leafiara recites:

"Burn or bash!"

Mnar says, "I think it's set."

The voice of Archales says, "Looks exhausting."

Lazaryth says, "There's no way I'm bashing something that's on fire."

Balley softly says, "The other groups have had mercs too."

Speaking offhandedly to Lazaryth, Leafiara says, "Just keep a distnace."

Speaking to Archales, Hapenlok asks, "You're not singing the power song, are you?"

Speaking amusedly to Lazaryth, Arynth teases, "Just do it."

Hapenlok says, "I'm about to focus mana."

Archales says, "No I've no desire to set that large of a fire."

Lazaryth says, "These weapons are priceless."

[General] Guarrin thinks, "Malluch's forces crossing the bridge."

[combat]

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure says, "That's it, Leafiara! You've attacked me, and now you'll die!" [walked in at the wrong time during an AoE spell]

[combat]

Speaking abruptly to a grey-beaked dark hooded figure, Leafiara says, "Sorry."

[combat, burning, bashing]

Leafiara says, "Leave the Rooks alone, or at least try."

A grey-beaked dark hooded figure says, "That's it, Faerinn! You've attacked me, and now you'll die!"

Leafiara mutters, "I know I just accidentally hit one myself."

Zhagen says, "These guys have good taste in clothes."

Hapenlok says, "Anyone who can't hurl fire? BASH it."

[combat]

Speaking to Zhagen, Leafiara mutters, "I know, I don't see why they think they have to smuggle when they could open a fashion line."

[combat]

Leafiara petitions the local flame spirits as flickers of pale flame surround her hands...

Leafiara gestures at a large wooden wagon.

Sections of the a large wooden wagon burst into spasmodic flame!

The flames engulfing a large wooden wagon leap higher!

An armored human mercenary leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden wagon!

An armored human mercenary leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden wagon!

An armored human mercenary leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden wagon!

A black-armored human armiger leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden wagon!

A black-armored human armiger leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden wagon!

A black-armored human armiger leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden wagon!

Speaking deeply to a massive snowy white tiger, Roelon says, "Nae food."

[combat]

Speaking to Zhagen, Leafiara says, "If Rohese has taught me anything, it's that you can accomplish all kinds of things with good fashion sense."

[combat]

Zhagen says, "I will be their #1 customer."

Vaemyr says, "This takes a lot of fire."

Leafiara says, "There's the proof we needed."

Chandrellia recites softly:

"If you get injured speak out"

Hapenlok says, "They're big ships."

Leafiara recites:

"Destroy all wagons!"

Roelon deeply says, "Sorry about her."

Tilbin's hands glow with power as he summons elemental energy to his command...

Tilbin gestures at a long wooden ship.

Sections of the a long wooden ship burst into spasmodic flame!

The flames engulfing a long wooden ship leap higher!

A black-armored human armiger leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden ship!

A black-armored human armiger leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden ship!

A black-armored human armiger leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden ship!

An armored human mercenary leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden ship!

An armored human mercenary leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden ship!

An armored human mercenary leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden ship!

[combat]

Leafiara says, "Dunigan's not gonna like this one, but..."

Roelon deeply says, "Some escaped..."

Flames completely engulf a long wooden ship, the heat driving you back!

A black-armored human armiger leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden ship!

A black-armored human armiger leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden ship!

A black-armored human armiger leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden ship!

An armored human mercenary leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden ship!

An armored human mercenary leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden ship!

An armored human mercenary leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden ship!

Ycelacie gestures at a large wooden wagon.

Sections of the a large wooden wagon burst into spasmodic flame!

The flames engulfing a large wooden wagon leap higher!

An armored human mercenary leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden wagon!

An armored human mercenary leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden wagon!

An armored human mercenary leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden wagon!

A black-armored human armiger leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden wagon!

A black-armored human armiger leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden wagon!

A black-armored human armiger leaps up from the ruins of a ruined wooden wagon!

[combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "We kind of have a problem, here."

Leafiara musingly says, "Wait a minute..."

Roelon deeply says, "Hmm...Armigers..."

Vaemyr says, "Armigers, aren't those Amos's guys."

The voice of Mnar says, "Huh."

Leafiara asks, "Have we seen any actual Knaves?"

Arynth says, "Ah, disregard."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Those ships have the Armigers guarding them as well."

Leafiara says, "I have no problem attacking the armigers either, but..."

Roelon deeply says, "Interestin'."

The voice of Mnar says, "I thought they were hired by the town."

Balley softly says, "No."

Yaristen says, "Just the mercenaries."

The voice of Arynth says, "Just mercenaries."

Faerinn says, "Just mercs and armigers."

Leafiara says, "It seems like Mother's intel was wrong."

Roelon deeply asks, "Why would they be with them eh?"

Leafiara says, "Still, they did attack us first."

The voice of Mnar says, "Troubling."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "....not really a problem, actually.."

[combat]

[General] Chandrellia thinks, "Yeah the wagons had Armigers as well."

[combat]


The Possibly Spurious Furious Furrier

[General] Dakris exclaims, "What are you doing!"

[combat, burning, bashing]

[General] Varnock thinks, "Bloodbringers on South Ring by Shanty Town."

[General] Lazaryth asks, "Selling bloodscrip. Care to buy any?"

[General] Yardie thinks, "That sounds like the Furrier."

[General] Chandrellia exclaims, "Procteting ourselves Dak, they attacked us!"

[combat]

[General] Leafiara ruefully thinks, "Getting attacked out here, Dakris. But no worries, we've got it under control."

[combat]

[General] Dergoatean thinks, "No one likes armigers, Dakris."

[combat]

[General] Dakris exclaims, "Those are our ships!"

[combat]

[General] Dergoatean thinks, "They don't even go here."

[combat]

Lazaryth says, "Don't tell me Dakris owns a fleet."

[General] Xorus thinks, "Buying jarlik pelts."

Vaemyr says, "Looks like that was the last of the ships."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Then tell them to stop attacking us on sight. We tried diplomacy when we saw them arrive."

[General] Chandrellia thinks, "Oops? Amos should have mentioend them coming in the other night, of course if the Consortium would speak to us we would know these things."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Ships sunk. Looks like I just made Amos mad. And poorer."

Faerinn says, "These are Consortium."

Hapenlok says, "Guys, gather loot if you want."

[General] Dakris exclaims, "You Rook loving idiots!"

[combat]

[General] Chandrellia thinks, "Dakris, you need mind yourself."

[General] Lylia thinks, "You know me better than that, Dakris."

[General] Hapenlok asks, "Dakris. Wanna buy some rat pelts?"

[General] Kiwoeachi thinks, "Why you mad? Just sit in your pelt shop and whine."

Some fires continue to burn as smoke fills the night. Some dark hooded figures can be seen making off with unopened crates, scattering to the wind in all directions as they slip off into the cover of night and chaos.

The voice of Mnar says, "Hm."

[General] Lylia asks, "You did not call me a Rook-lover when I sought to get you all to work together on 'One Landing, One Price.' Yet here you are, working together for...hm, what is your common goal now?"

Lazaryth says, "So we're not hitting the target Mother wanted. Or we are, her boy just lied about who they are."

Lazaryth asks, "Am I right?"

Chandrellia softly says, "Wait a minute."

Roelon deeply says, "Hmmm..."

Leafiara musingly says, "Well, so much for that discussion with the Consortium that we were probably never going to have anyway."

The voice of Mnar says, "I'd rather see everything burn than the Rooks run off with it."

Chandrellia softly asks, "Why are the Rooks taking the crates?"

The voice of Mnar says, "That'll only be a problem down the road."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Leafiara says, "I think they want the weapons."

Speaking to Lazaryth, Faerinn says, "We were lied to."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara ruefully thinks, "We don't know because the Consortium won't talk with us and has mercenaries attacking us."

Balley softly says, "Yea we are doing the killing they are takeing the goods."

Vaemyr asks, "So they got what they wanted right?"

Vaemyr asks, "Should we go help against Malluch?"

[General] Varnock thinks, "Some cultist stragglers along South Ring road."

The voice of Mnar says, "Let's give it a minute here."

[General] Dakris thinks, "You were told to clear away! You idiots! You have no idea what you just did...."

[General] Lylia thinks, "Just so. Perhaps it is time to talk more and hurl invective less."

Roelon deeply says, "Hmmm..."

Hapenlok says, "That's what I'm going to do. Just going to see if anything else comes in."

Whisker says, "Sorta enjoy basking in this momentary illusion of victory."

Leafiara says, "I'm sure they'll spin this as me going wild again and attempt to have me removed from power, but so be it."

[General] Lylia thinks, "'Idiots' is an unproductive line of thought, you know."

[General] Hapenlok asks, "Dakris, what'd Amos offer you?"

Ycelacie says, "Neat." [picked up a sack]

Roelon deeply says, "Dakris wants to talk now eh? Instead of secret little meetings."

Zhagen asks, "They trolling us?" [hill trolls showing up]

[General] Chandrellia thinks, "Well Dakris why didn't you all, the council of the Consortium, come and talk to us the other night rather than send your little errand boy Amos."

Ycelacie asks, "Anyone's?"

[General] Leafiara pointedly thinks, "We have no idea what you've done either since you won't tell us."

The voice of Arynth says, "Community defensive embeds."

Speaking softly to Ycelacie, Chandrellia says, "Leafi's."

Mnar says, "Huh."

Ycelacie says, "They are very ornate."

Chandrellia softly says, "They for all to use but belong to her."

[General] Dakris thinks, "You have no idea what you just did..."

[General] Dergoatean thinks, "Tell you what, Dakris. We're watching over a few riverboats here, right now."

Roelon deeply says, "Dakris is cryin' in our heads."

[General] Arynth thinks, "Then why don't you explain it."

[General] Lylia thinks, "Then give us some idea."

Earthdiver says, "Goat is clear."

Mnar says, "Doesn't sound too happy."

[General] Dergoatean asks, "Do you want to come show us their holdings?"

[General] Dakris exclaims, "They weren't on the riverboats!"

[General] Chandrellia thinks, "Ummm I think we just burned several wagon and ships, yup we know exactly what we did."

[General] Leafiara asks, "They who?"

Earthdiver says, "Hap is clear."

[General] Dergoatean asks, "Show us why they're so important to the Consortium?"

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Dakris, you've picked a lot of sides over the years. You and a few of your fellow Consortium members."

[General] Arynth asks, "Or perhaps you'd like to send us out to collect kobold skins?"

Leafiara says, "Oh no. It might be that something else was snuck in."

The voice of Arynth echoes, "Something else?"

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "So, forgive me if I fail to respect you lecturing me on my intelligence."

Leafiara says, "Dakris is being vague about what was and wasn't on the boats."

Nitefallz says, "Buncha bloodbringers west of here."

Hapenlok says, "Okay."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia says, "And I'll bet the Rooks have it now."

[General] Roelon thinks, "Then stop tryin' to play games, Dakris."

Earthdiver says, "Bloodbringers by Hap."

Hapenlok says, "Let's hit 'em."

Mnar says, "Yeah..."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Leafiara says, "I'm comparatively alright with that."

Vaemyr says, "Agreed."

Hapenlok asks, "Ready?"

Hapenlok yells, "LET FLY!"

[combat on Hap side]

Earthdiver says, "They are taking out the bloodbringers."

Leafiara mutters, "And to think this is the guy Amos laughed off about the idea of being power hungry."

[Hap side combat]

Leafiara says, "Yep, blood acolytes at the docks with Hap's group."

[combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "We're going after the cultists now."

[combat]

Earthdiver says, "Well, that was noisy."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Goat, how's your group faring? We have eyes on Hap's and he has eyes on ours, I believe."


New Old Sheriffs In Town

A dark hooded grey-beaked figure rise up on a rooftop of town. With dramatic flare, the figure tosses open the sides of his cloak and withdraws two rune-etched hand-held pylons. Despite the mask, there is no doubt a grin. He fires down at the streets, ribbons of reddish-orange flame striking some black armored armigers and grey-armored enforcers along North Ring Road.

[General] Chandrellia exclaims, "Get em Hap!"

The voice of Mnar says, "Easy enough."

[General] Dergoatean thinks, "That is."

[General] Varnock thinks, "Some cultists along North Ring and South Ring."

Lazaryth wryly says, "Pretty."

Roelon deeply says, "Bloody kilts...pylons.."

Faerinn says, "Oh good we got the Rooks hand pylons."

Leafiara musingly says, "Well, there go the Knaves and armigers."

Hapenlok breathes, "What the hell."

Speaking to Drevihyin, Nitefallz says, "Thanks."

The voice of Mnar says, "We're surrounded."

[General] Dergoatean thinks, "We have eyes on several riverboats. Planning to keep them in custody, intact, for the time being."

[General] Vaemyr thinks, "Looks like the shipments had hand pylons."

Hapenlok says, "Okay, moving north."

Ycelacie says, "Ummm."

The voice of Mnar says, "On you boss."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia exclaims, "Hey! I was right about the hand pylons!"

(OOC) Yaristen's player whispers to the group, "Ban assault pylons."

[General] Dergoatean thinks, "It would be nice if someone came to claim them, and explained themselves for the aggression we received."

[General] Leafiara agrees, "It really would."

[Hap side combat]

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia says, "Not every day I'm this good."

(OOC) Yaristen's player whispers to the group, "And high capacity mana pools."

[Hap side combat]

[General] The ghost of Pikumal thinks, "Some bad dudes in bankers square."

[Hap side combat]

Ycelacie says, "I need to get one of those, or two.."

Speaking to himself, Lazaryth mumbles, "Dull, dull, dull..."

[General] Draegar thinks, "'Pikmul just died on Riverwind Street.. to many to get him clear."

[General] Dergoatean thinks, "Some mercenaries arrived around the same thing, suggested they had business that required us to leave, and eventually attacked with no further explanation."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Had a sanctuary up and everything, but the mercenaries weren't interested in discussion or a routine inspection."

Hapenlok says, "MOVING."

Speaking softly to Ycelacie, Chandrellia says, "Or four, I want two on my feet as well."

[General] Leafiara agrees, "Same here."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Our ships are at the bottom of the bay. We're taking the fight to the cultists."

The voice of Arynth hesitantly asks, "So are we done here, with these wagons burned?"

[Hap side combat]

Leafiara musingly says, "Hmm, seems to have calmed down indeed..."

Lazaryth says, "Perhaps we ought to go protect town."

Zhagen says, "They should release an auction quality gaitling pylon for 1 lucky soul."

[Upper Trollfang]

You are standing at a broad T-intersection. The main road appears to run east to west while a smaller street runs off to the north. To the south can be seen a grove of large willow trees. You also see a fluffy white cat, some soft puma fur robes, the Earthdiver disk, some wolifrew lichen, a rose-marrow potion, the Asben disk, a drake mace, a drake scimitar, some ambrominas leaf, a solid moonstone cube, some acantha leaf, the cauldron-shaped Zhagen disk, a drake dagger, the green Yaristen disk, a plump charcoal cat, a ruffled raven that is flying around, a lanky fire wyrdling, the coffin-shaped Maevie disk, the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, the faenor Chandrellia disk inlaid with intersecting bands of jet, the faenor Arynth disk inlaid with intersecting bands of jet, the vermeil Rendena disk draped with silver strands of tidal pearls and a black-toed saddleback foxhound.

Also here: Yaristen, Zhagen, Earthdiver, Maevie, Ycelacie who is sitting, Lord Asben, Lady in Waiting Rendena, Lazaryth, Leifa, Lady in Waiting Chandrellia, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Barrister Faerinn, The Notorious Leafiara

[General] Lochlaen thinks, "Glad I left the Landing yesterday."

[General] Dergoatean asks, "So Dakris, are you suggesting that you don't care if we sink these riverboats?"

[General] Leafiara thinks, "How are things in town? The trail might be clear now."

Roelon deeply says, "Hmm...Baker's square."

Leafiara says, "Asking for reports from inside the gates."

Yaristen says, "Looks like the bloodbringers are slaying adventurers in the streets."

Ycelacie says, "Somone dead at banker's square."

[Hap side combat]

Leafiara says, "And... hearing not much is a bad sign. Moving to town."

[Hap side combat]

Leafiara says, "Unless anyone wants to stay here."

[Hap side combat]

Chandrellia softly says, "Yup I thinks it time to protect the towm."

Vaemyr says, "The guy sure can run."

[combat all over]

[General] Shinann thinks, "Sort of hectic."

Another robed figure riss from a rooftop, then another, then another, until there are nearly a dozen and a half perched like black gargoyles. Each one suddendly wields one handpylon or two and a colorful myriad of red fire, or blue ice, or brilliant lightning soar down from the roofs and strike armigers and enforcers.


Clearing the Streets

[combat all over]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Patrolling town now."

[combat]

Leifa says, "More figures on the roofs."

[extended combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Hey, Rooks. Lemme get one of those pylons."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Arynth says, "Ow."

[Towncrier] Newsby: "I am sure glad they are good aims."

[combat]

[General] Dergoatean asks, "Alright then, if Dakris has no interest, anyone else want to claim these here boats?"

[combat]

Ycelacie says, "Oh."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Save 'em for inspection."

[combat]

Hapenlok says, "I tried to bluff them, Leafi. But then the Rooks blew it for me."

[combat]

Ycelacie says, "There was a diamond."

[combat]

[General] Dergoatean asks, "The ones with the mercenaries and the armigers and what have you?"

[General] Lylia thinks, "I might just assume command of one of them."

[combat]

A grizzled wolf says, "Don't worry, Hap, we did much the same."

[combat]

Leifa says, "Vile creatures."

[combat]

[General] Dergoatean thinks, "Maybe we can retrofit them, take them over to Kraken's Fall."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Hap's group seems to have South Ring Road and I'm taking Lyon Way, center of town."

[extended combat]

[General] Leafiara approvingly thinks, "Good thinking, Goat."

[extended combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "No casualties, that's rare for me."

[combat]

[General] Guarrin thinks, "We're on Riverwind...still clearing."

[combat]

Hapenlok says, "Good work."

[combat]

Hapenlok says, "MOVING."

[combat]

[General] Iskandr thinks, "Coulda been at a pub crawl instead of all that whatever is going on over there."

[extended combat]

[General] Yardie thinks, "Brother, now is not the appropriate time."

[combat]

Ycelacie says, "Oh."

[combat]

Ycelacie says, "They don't care about fire much."

[combat]

Leafiara says, "Whew."

[combat]

[General] Iskandr asks, "What time should I wait for?"

[extended combat]

[General] Chandrellia asks, "Leaf, poofing in on you, still for a moment?"

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Hold just a moment..."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Now."

A sleek black arrow flies out of the nearby shadows, striking a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer! [backup fire throughout the rest of the night]

... 20 points of damage!

Strike pierces calf!

It is knocked to the ground!

[combat]

Chandrellia softly says, "Here."

[very extended combat]

Roelon deeply says, "That was ah workout."

[General] Nickonai thinks, "There's one in the garden."

Leafiara curiously asks, "...okay, who sancted?"

[Wehnimer's, Taarna Rd.]

A small house is set back from the curve in the road, in the midst of a carefully tended garden of strange plants. A twisting path leading to the door is lined with carved wooden pots in which grow many species of pungent herbs. Two modwir saplings entwine over the door, forming a leafy arch. You also see a green-eyed grey and white kitten, a lanky fire wyrdling, a ruffled raven that is flying around, the Earthdiver disk, the coffin-shaped Maevie disk, the cauldron-shaped Zhagen disk, the faenor Chandrellia disk inlaid with intersecting bands of jet, the vermeil Rendena disk draped with silver strands of tidal pearls, the Asben disk, the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, a fluffy white cat, a black-toed saddleback foxhound, a huge blood red fire elemental and a narrow dark walnut cart framed in delicate bronze nautilus shells with some stuff on it.

Also here: Lord Asben, Gypsy Scribe Balley, Lady in Waiting Chandrellia, Barrister Faerinn, Leifa, Lady in Waiting Rendena, Ycelacie, Maevie, Earthdiver, Zhagen, The Notorious Leafiara

Mnar says, "Excellent work by everyone."

Chandrellia softly exclaims, "Wasn't me!"

Balley softly says, "Not me."

[Hap side combat]

[General] Leafiara asks, "Well, at least one elemental has taken the field. Are there others?"

[travel]

[Wehnimer's, Locksmehr Way]

The road snakes and winds to conform to the banks of the river. In the distance, the low profiles of the shops and warehouses that populate the Landing's western bank can be seen. To one side of the road, empty flatbed wagons stand at the curb next to an aging warehouse. The span of a bridge crosses the river to the southeast. You also see a shard of red plinite, a murky black shield, a blood red falchion, a gnarled arm, a desiccated arm, a deformed arm, a fleshless arm, a bloody arm, a bloated arm, a bloody arm, a desiccated arm, a mangled arm, a bloody arm, a deformed arm, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer that appears immobilized, an uncut diamond, a smooth bone wand, a small white pearl, a black opal, a pink topaz, an ornate Tonis statuette, a bloody arm, a mangled arm, a mangled arm, a pair of mangled arms, a red-masked robed blood acolyte, a smooth bone wand, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer that appears dead, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer that is lying down, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer that appears dead, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer that is lying down, an ornate Huntress statuette, a huge blood red fire elemental, a huge blood red fire elemental, a huge blood red fire elemental, a huge blood red fire elemental, a huge blood red fire elemental, an ornate Ronan statuette, a forest wolf, a spotted great horned owl that is flying around, a charming aurora spirit that is flying around, a variable lake spirit that is flying around, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer that is lying down, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer that is lying down, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer that is lying down, a red-masked robed blood acolyte, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer and a stale chocolate tart.

Also here: Kippe, Relic Hunter Ulkov, Stormyrain, Sir Mynon, Dame Evia, Lord Perivan, Puptilian, Goldstr, Chaoswynd, Shinann, Guarrin, Draegar, Darcena, Maags, Sir Cryheart, the body of Oulaga who is lying down

Balley, Chandrellia, Faerinn, Leifa, Rendena, Ycelacie, Maevie, Earthdiver and Zhagen followed.

[combat]

Leafiara says, "Whoa."

[combat]

Leafiara marvels, "Yeesh."

[very extended combat]

Hapenlok says, "You guys can have the loot."

[extended combat]

Hapenlok says, "I took a bit."

[combat]

Leafiara says, "So much for that question."

[very, very extended combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "We're doing okay down here guys. I'm too busy to think much right now."

[very, very extended combat]

[General] Draegar thinks, "'Fight seems to be going well.."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Swarm of 'em on Locksmehr Way, but we have our own giant force."

[very extended combat]

Hapenlok says, "Okay, guys. They're fighting elementals. Beware."

[combat]

[General] Draegar thinks, "It seems neverending though."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "That's every year."

[very, very extended combat]

Cryheart says, "Whew."

Chandrellia softly exclaims, "Woohooo I did it!"

Leafiara recites:

"Moving!"

Xainthrax says, "We got split up."

The voice of Mnar says, "Good job."

[Wehnimer's, West Crossing]

From here, the vista along the horizon affords a view of both banks of the river. To the west, the dark expanse of the town's low skyline is dominated by rambling structures and a few towers. To the east lies the bridge across the Locksmehr, spanning the dark waters to the less-populated east bank. You also see a gnarled arm, a flayed arm, a bloated arm, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer that is sitting, an ornate Niima statuette, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer that is sitting, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer that is lying down, a blue modwir gate and a rainbow-colored tent.

Yaristen, Chandrellia, Faerinn, Leifa, Rendena, Ycelacie, Maevie, Earthdiver and Zhagen followed.

[very extended combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Slowly advancing toward the Brass Tower. Heavy fighting along the way."

[very extended combat]


Dakris Pushes Back

[General] Dergoatean thinks, "Dakris at the Locksmehr, telling these remaining riverboats to turn back."

[very, very, very extended combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "If 'they' weren't on the riverboats, it's probably fine to let them go."

[very extended combat]

[General] Dergoatean asks, "Are you instructing us to release them, then, Mayor?"

[extended combat]

[General] Dergoatean thinks, "We had hoped to have a look at what was inside, but I admit it's preferable not to cause more damage than necessary."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "I think we've stopped the worst of it and ... sent a message already."

Leafiara says, "Whew."

From nearby, you hear Cryheart yell, "How ye doing south?"

Mnar says, "Wrong type."

Speaking amusedly to Archales, Leafiara says, "Ah, should've known you'd be about tonight."

[combat]

Leafiara yells, "All good here!"

Randsford says, "Tapped now."

[combat]

Leafiara yells, "Still advancing on the Tower as we can!"

[extended combat]

Leafiara says, "Well-played, Rooks. You knew I'd go right after the Abandoned Inn area."

[combat]

Mnar says, "Surroundings seem clear."

Leafiara recites:

"All alright?"

[combat]

[General] Vaemyr thinks, "Still some blood cultists lingering around town."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "We're engaged with them just about everywhere."

[very extended combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Surprisingly little activity outside the Brass Tower."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara asks, "Is anywhere in particular swamped?"

[very extended combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Shanty Town's being hit."

[General] The ghost of Varnock thinks, "Tons nearby town square now."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Heading to Shanty Town."

[extended combat]

[General] Chandrellia thinks, "Well making our way there anyways."

[combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "I think we're doing all right."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "We're there now."

Hapenlok says, "Okay."

Leafiara yells, "You'll not have Shanty Town this night or any other!"

[combat]

[General] Draegar thinks, "They do seem never ending though.. reinforcements upon reinforcements."

[combat]

Hapenlok says, "I'm not going to the west."

[combat]

Hapenlok says, "I think someone just imploded there."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Well, they do call themselves bloodbringers."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "They're bleeding and they're bringing."

[combat]

[General] Peggyanne asks, "Shall I lay in a course for Landing and put some iron balls through those river rafts?"

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Depending how far off you are, we might have them eliminated by then."

[extended combat]

[General] Peggyanne thinks, "Sea of Lazuli."

Mnar says, "Care."

[combat]

Mnar says, "Void."

[combat]

Hapenlok exclaims, "ELEMENTAL!"

[very, very extended combat]

[General] Peggyanne thinks, "Halfway out from Kraken's Fall."

[very, very, very, very extended combat]

Leafiara recites:

"All good?"

[combat]

Leifa says, "So no, not good....amazing."

[combat]

Leifa winks at Leafiara.

[combat]

Lazaryth says, "Magnificent."

[combat]

Hapenlok says, "Guys."

[combat]

Leafiara recites:

"Great work all, keep it up!"

[very extended combat]

Leafiara says, "Oof."

[Wehnimer's, Cheridin Ave.]

The broad avenue intersects here with the narrower byway connecting to the bazaar to the west, where occasional sounds of distant revelry rise from the lamplit streets. Older wood and stone buildings, mostly small shops and offices with upstairs lodgings overlooking the street, predominate here. You also see a green-eyed grey and white kitten, a ruffled raven that is flying around, a lanky fire wyrdling, the vermeil Rendena disk draped with silver strands of tidal pearls, the Earthdiver disk, the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, the cauldron-shaped Zhagen disk, the coffin-shaped Maevie disk, the Asben disk, the Archales disk, the green Yaristen disk, a fluffy white cat, a black-toed saddleback foxhound that is lying down, a plump charcoal cat, a billowing misty grey scorpion hovering in mid-air, a sapphire-eyed pale golden margay that is lying down, a red-masked robed blood acolyte and a huge blood red fire elemental.

Also here: a stunned Mnar who is lying down, a stunned Lazaryth who is lying down, Warchief Archales, Yaristen who is lying down, Lord Asben, the body of Lady in Waiting Chandrellia who is lying down, the body of Barrister Faerinn who is lying down, Leifa, a stunned Lady in Waiting Rendena who is lying down, Ycelacie, Maevie who is lying down, a stunned Earthdiver who is lying down, a stunned Zhagen who is lying down, Draegar, The Notorious Leafiara

[combat]

[General] Leafiara exclaims, "Beware the elementals!"

[very extended combat]

[General] Dakris thinks, "You've done a bad thing Mayor."

Draegar deeply says, "Thank you for coming.. that was close."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara simply replies, "They attacked first."

[combat]

Whisker says, "Well done."

[combat]

[General] Dakris thinks, "Not what I heard."

[combat]

Draegar whispers to the group, "'Thanks for coming.. that was close."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "You're misinformed in many ways and that's a new one, then."

[combat]

[General] Dakris thinks, "Your bedside birds ran right along with you."

[combat]

[General] Bait asks, "Since yer thinking Dakris.... i got a ki-lin horn... what will you give me for it?"

[combat]

Yaristen says, "Dead."

[combat]

Draegar whispers to the group, "They did a number on me before you all showed up."

Leifa says, "We lost our empath."

[combat]

Speaking to Leafiara, Lazaryth says, "Sorry."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "If the mercenaries had attacked them instead of us, maybe we could still have sorted this out. However, by the end of it these 'bedside birds' were dead too."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Dakris. I'd like to know exactly what Amos offered you. You're as brainwashed as these cultists I'm fighting."

[combat]

Xainthrax says, "Woops."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Faerinn says, "Not great now."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara adds, "At the hands of those who were with me."

[extended combat]

[Towncrier] Dergoatean: "Dakris has left the Locksmehr. I think we'll head in to town."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara asks, "Have even you forgotten that I appointed Khylon to crack down on the Rooks?"

[combat]

[General] Leafiara asks, "Was his sacrifice for nothing?"


Going Up in Flames

[combat]

[General] Draegar asks, "Getting healed up.. are they still in the streets Leafiara?"

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Still some, yes."

[combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "I'm gonna need some help. Everyone's stunned."

[General] Beldannon thinks, "Well they have so much health it takes forever to kill them."

[combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "And I just blew out my nerves."

[combat]

[General] Chandrellia exclaims, "I'll be back with you as soon as I can Leafi!"

[combat]

[General] Leafiara asks, "Where at, Hap?"

[combat]

Vaemyr says, "The elemental."

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Locksmher way on the boatyard."

[combat]

[General] Nickonai thinks, "One up on Valeria St."

[combat]

[General] Nickonai thinks, "TS northwest."

[combat]

[General] Draegar thinks, "Ralaua back in TSC.. careful if going east into town.."

[combat]

Hapenlok says, "Hold attacks guys."

[combat]

Roelon deeply says, "Bloody 'ell..."

[combat]

[General] Draegar thinks, "Some still near the engravers shop."

[combat]

Roelon deeply says, "Tactical retreat."

[combat]

Hapenlok says, "MOVING."

[very extended combat]

[General] Roelon thinks, "Elementals on south ring road."

[combat]

Roelon deeply says, "Nae sure how ah did nae get hit."

Mnar says, "Bloodbringer Southeast."

[Wehnimer's, Riverwind St.]

Here Riverwind Street meets Lyon Way at an angle. The structures by the roadside are oddly shaped to match the turning of the way. You also see a red-masked robed blood acolyte, a falchion and a painted wooden gate.

Xorus, Gespry, Dergoatean, Lylia, Ephya, Yaristen, Maevie, Lazaryth, Archales, Asben, Leifa, Rendena, Ycelacie, Earthdiver and Zhagen followed.

A huge blood red fire elemental bursts forth into existence!

A huge blood red fire elemental bursts forth into existence!

[combat]

[General] Aratta asks, "How dangerous? Should twenty trainings be hiding?"

[combat, people start getting lit on fire and having to roll]

[General] Nickonai thinks, "On valeria by the engravers a limper."

[combat]

[Realm] Puptilian thinks, "20 training sessions should attack from rooftops."

[combat]

Speaking to Vaemyr, Hapenlok says, "The elementals strip your spells."

[extended combat]

Nochternus quietly says, "Oh."

[combat]

[Wehnimer's, Riverwind St.]

Here Riverwind Street meets Lyon Way at an angle. The structures by the roadside are oddly shaped to match the turning of the way. You also see a falchion, a pair of decayed arms, a desiccated arm, a supple zombie arm with a pearl bracelet, a feminine corpse arm wearing a veiled sleeve, a pair of clawed arms, a slender cadaver arm with immaculate nails, a huge blood red fire elemental, a huge blood red fire elemental, a stocky snow white puppy with oversized black-tipped paws, a ruffled raven that is flying around, a lanky fire wyrdling, a huge blood red fire elemental, a huge blood red fire elemental, the Asben disk, the coffin-shaped Maevie disk, the Archales disk, the Dergoatean disk, the vermeil Rendena disk draped with silver strands of tidal pearls, the Earthdiver disk, the Gespry disk, the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, the cauldron-shaped Zhagen disk, the green Yaristen disk, a huge blood red fire elemental, a huge blood red fire elemental, a fluffy white cat, a black-toed saddleback foxhound that is lying down, a billowing misty grey scorpion hovering in mid-air, a plump charcoal cat, a dusky vaporous spirit that is flying around, a red-masked robed blood acolyte that is lying down and a painted wooden gate.

Also here: a stunned Lazaryth who is lying down, Xorus who is lying down, a stunned Merrymaker Gespry who is lying down, Dergoatean who is lying down, Imperatrix Lylia who is lying down, the body of Ephya who is lying down, Yaristen who is lying down, Maevie who is lying down, Warchief Archales who is lying down, Lord Asben who is lying down, Leifa, a stunned Lady in Waiting Rendena who is lying down, the body of Ycelacie who is lying down, Earthdiver who is lying down, a stunned Zhagen who is lying down, The Notorious Leafiara who is lying down

[General] Stormyrain thinks, "Cena is here at Voln."

The ghostly voice of Ycelacie says, "Well..."

[extended combat]

Archales says, "Something set me on fire."

[extended combat]

Zhagen says, "I'm on fire."

Leafiara woundedly says, "Urgh..."

[combat]

Speaking to Archales, Hapenlok says, "Fire elemental, probably."

[combat]

Draegar recites deeply:

"A few stragglers West and south of here."

Archales says, "Stop drop an roll."

Earthdiver asks, "Retreat?"

[Realm] Puptilian thinks, "Fire elementals. if you swing a sword make sure you carry a cold flaring weapon with you."

[combat]

Speaking to Zhagen, Kippe says, "Fall and roll."

[combat]

Leifa says, "Folks are burnin."

Nochternus quietly says, "Ok, enough for surviving a bit longer."

[combat]

Greycrown says, "I've been sleeping all night and looks like things are heating up."

[combat]

The voice of Mnar says, "Huh."

[combat]

[General] Cryheart thinks, "We at voln are getting healed....bad fire."

The ghostly voice of Lazaryth says, "In retrospect, I probably should have run."

[extended combat]

[Wehnimer's, Riverwind St.]

Here Riverwind Street meets Lyon Way at an angle. The structures by the roadside are oddly shaped to match the turning of the way. You also see a murky black shield, a blood red falchion, a blood red falchion, a pair of three-fingered arms, a flayed arm, a skeletal arm, a pair of flayed arms, a flayed arm, a deformed arm, a clawed arm, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer that is lying down, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer that is lying down, a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer that is lying down, a lanky fire wyrdling, a red-masked robed blood acolyte, a tall red-robed bloodflayer that appears dead, a tall red-robed bloodflayer that appears dead, a tall red-robed bloodflayer that appears dead, a huge blood red fire elemental, a huge blood red fire elemental, a ruffled raven that is flying around, a huge blood red fire elemental, a huge blood red fire elemental, the palm frond-shaped Leafiara disk, a huge blood red fire elemental, a huge blood red fire elemental, a fluffy white cat that is sitting, a black-toed saddleback foxhound that is lying down, a red-masked robed blood acolyte that is lying down and a painted wooden gate.

Also here: the body of Lazaryth who is lying down, the body of Ephya who is lying down, the body of Maevie who is lying down, Leifa, the body of Lady in Waiting Rendena who is lying down, the body of Ycelacie who is lying down, the body of The Notorious Leafiara who is lying down

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Leafiara musingly says, "Well."

A black-armored archer fires from the tower, his arrow striking a red-masked dark robed bloodbringer!

... 30 points of damage!

Deft strike to abdomen penetrates several useful organs!

[combat]

[General] Viva thinks, "Fire still going or out? Can bring buckets."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Leafiara wryly admits, "Yeah, tell me about it."

[combat]

[General] Draegar thinks, "Some have spread down to the southern road."

[combat]

[General] Cryheart thinks, "From fire elementals."

[combat]

[General] Draegar thinks, "East of the Gemshop."

[combat]

Xainthrax says, "Gah."

Hapenlok says, "It's fine."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Chandrellia softly exclaims, "Oh bloody hell!"

Speaking wryly to Chandrellia, the ghostly voice of Leafiara says, "Yep."

Hapenlok asks, "You guys got cold flaring weapons?"


Taking Back the Town

[General] Cryheart thinks, "If fires..get buckets from Moot Hall...form a fire brigade."

Xainthrax says, "Void."

The ghostly voice of Leafiara says, "I believe I'm still on fire."

Mnar asks, "Anyone who can swing harder than me want to borrow one?"

Leifa says, "I gotchu."

The ghostly voice of Chandrellia softly says, "Oh goods."

[General] Dergoatean thinks, "Town's on fire, in a bad way."

The ghostly voice of Leafiara says, "But one thing at a time..."

Dergoatean says, "It's bad over there."

Roelon deeply says, "Riverwind street.."

Dergoatean says, "East part of town."

Vaemyr says, "Yeah we came from there."

Roelon deeply says, "So many Elementals."

Randsford says, "Let's go push them back."

[triage]

Speaking to Dergoatean, Hapenlok asks, "How'd you get ignited? the elemental?"

Zhagen says, "One dead burning mayor."

The ghostly voice of Leafiara admits, "I'm probably still on fire and might need a bit of rolling."

Mnar says, "I'll be destroyed if I go with you, I'm afraid."

Roelon deeply says, "Ah am ready this time."

Mnar says, "I think my part in this ends here."

Randsford says, "Drawing them."

[triage]

Marletto says, "I'm some kind of idiot not using major cold."

Speaking softly to Leifa, the ghostly voice of Chandrellia says, "I would have sancted but I fried my nerves on the incoming."

Speaking to Mnar, Hapenlok says, "You did good."

[General] The ghost of Leafiara thinks, "We were wiped out at Riverwind, but I wouldn't recommend going there alone. I think rescuers are slowly working their way over, though."

Speaking to Mnar, Hapenlok says, "I don't blame you for retreating."

Varnock says, "Elemental to the East."

Hapenlok asks, "Okay, I'm moving out. Everyone set?"

Archales recites:

"Save the bards

Someone has to tell the tale"

[extended combat Hap side]

Speaking to Lylia, Mnar says, "The elementals are a problem."

[combat]

Alvyara exclaims, "Oh, no!"

[combat]

Nochternus quietly says, "Hmm."

[combat]

Lylia says, "Just a bit."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Lazaryth says, "Mhm. I died."

Red motes of light begin to seep up from several corpses scattered throughout town, lifting up into the sky before they seem to melt away.

[combat]

[General] Varnock thinks, "Several baddies surrounding TSC currently."

Alvyara says, "Oh, my."

[combat]

Dergoatean says, "Not bad."

The voice of Mnar says, "Hm, we are surrounded."

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia says, "I didn't do so good this time Mayor."

Arynth asks, "What's that light leaving the corpses?"

Leafiara mutters, "Wounded again from rolling Lazaryth over."

[General] Archales thinks, "You could use stable cores from the confluence."

Xainthrax says, "No elementals."

The voice of Mnar says, "Do not move from this room."

Vaemyr says, "We got one elemental down there."

Aureliano says, "More to the east.."

Speaking lightly to Chandrellia, Leafiara says, "Don't worry about it. This was a lot rougher."

Xainthrax says, "Ah."

Roelon deeply says, "Let's smush its flame out."

[General] Draegar thinks, "Still numerous invaders along the southern road."

Xainthrax says, "Hard to see."

The ghostly voice of Lazaryth says, "I'm afraid these clothes are ruined."

[General] The ghost of Aratta thinks, "Clobbered at the north gate. They seem to be moving around a fair bit."

[General] Draegar thinks, "Watch yourself."

Hapenlok says, "Okay. moving out."

Vaemyr says, "We clobered the elemental first."

[General] Leafiara asks, "Where's backup needed now?"

[extended combat]

[General] Guarrin thinks, "Clearing down south ring road now."

[combat]

[Realm] Puptilian thinks, "Clearin out south road now."

[combat]

Yaristen says, "Dangerous out there."

[combat]

Earthdiver exclaims, "Thanks!"

[combat]

Leafiara slowly says, "Right then, as Mnar said, don't leave the square alone."

[combat]

The ghostly voice of Aratta says, "Thanks all. Yes. Very dangerous."

[combat]

Hapenlok recites:

"RETREATING"

[combat]

Yaristen asks, "Anyone going out to play with them that I can join?"

[extended combat]

Leafiara says, "I think I have to fog directly..."

[combat]

Speaking softly to Leifa, Chandrellia says, "Be safe."

Yaristen asks, "What needs done, mayor?"

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia says, "You too."

The ghostly voice of Marletto says, "Hey look it's grilled wizard."

[General] Vaemyr thinks, "Had to fog out there."

[General] Hapenlok asks, "Pup, who's leading your group?"

Leafiara recites:

"Assemble and we'll try to get going, but we need spells first!"

Nickonai recites deeply:

"Danger nw and a dead body"

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "We're going to consolidate."

Leafiara recites:

"We have a group of six ready to engage in battle!"

Speaking to Leafiara, Vaemyr says, "I think Hap's group is coming to join."

Leafiara recites:

"Moving in five, or join up to take the field!"

Leafiara says, "Ah, better yet."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Come to the square."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "We have seven here and can consolidate into two large parties, Cryheart's and mine."

Leifa says, "Let's get 'em, boss."

[combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Yeah, I lost a few of my party members. Join Leafi or Cryheart."

[combat]

Leafiara says, "Not sure if Hap's making his way over or not..."

[combat]

Speaking softly to Leafiara, Chandrellia says, "I just need my spells and I'll go with, Mayor."

The ghostly voice of Aratta says, "I'm low priority, can't help with engaging the enemy."

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Reassembling in the square and taking the field again in a minute."

Leafiara says, "I just put out the call for more defenders. Departing in one minute."

Hapenlok says, "Okay, I'm heading back to the square."

[Merchant] Draegar: "'We're currently with Cryheart along southern road cleaning up stragglers."

Asben says, "I'll keep smacken em."

Nickonai recites deeply:

"There is one that keep moving from NE to NW"

Leafiara says, "Looks like we start northwest."

Leafiara recites:

"Moving in 10..."

Hapenlok says, "Join Leafi."

Hapenlok says, "I'm going to recoup some mana and I'll join you guys in a few minutes."

Leifa exclaims, "Charrrrrrge it!"

[General] Draegar thinks, "Moving north on Locksmehr way now.."

[General] Cryheart thinks, "Few sightings now."

Leafiara recites:

"Moving now!"

[combat]

[General] Hapenlok thinks, "Cryheart. You're not looking hard enough. I just ran through a ton of elementals to the square."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Covering the north end of town."

[combat]

[General] Cryheart thinks, "We are easterly."

[combat]

[General] Dergoatean thinks, "Cryblob on Locksmehr."

[combat]

[General] Viva thinks, "There are some on west wing road."

[very extended combat]

Vaemyr says, "Elementals first if you see them."

[combat]

Chandrellia recites softly:

"Sound off if you need healing"

[combat]

Yaristen retorts, "I'll sound you off."

[combat]

Leifa says, "Aurien sneaky man."

Some dark hooded figures run along rooftops, firing bolts of reddish-orange light from their handpylons down upon some of the blood acolytes in the streets!

[very, very, very extended combat]

Nordred says, "Atleast save the emerald."

[very, very extended combat]


Reconvening with Mother

[General] Mother thinks, "The cult is weakening for the night. We'll keep our pressure on from the roofs."

[General] Draegar thinks, "'Not seeing any while scouting over near the docks.. will continue looking."

[combat]

[Realm] Puptilian thinks, "We just saw Mother walking around. Lost her though."

[combat]

[General] Cryheart thinks, "We saw Mother..near the gem shop..but she skittered away."

[extended combat]

[General] Mother thinks, "I am in the Mayor's Office. I did not...skitter away."

[combat on the way there]

Hapenlok says, "Okay, I've done enough work for tonight."

[combat]

Vaemyr says, "Looks like we'll get to talk to Mother tonight after all."

[combat]

[General] Leafiara thinks, "Clearing a path there."

Puptilian says, "We just made the rooks town heroes again..."

[combat]

Evia says, "Skittered."

[combat]

Mother softly says, "The information we received was partially correct."

Cryheart says, "Indeed ye moved."

[combat]

Speaking deeply to Hapenlok, Draegar says, "You were a force indeed."

The Notorious Leafiara's group just came through a glossy maoral door.

[Mayor Leafiara's Office]

Silk-cushioned chairs surround a circular cherry red table toward the back of the room. Plush carpets of fake fur blanket the polished oak floor while myriad painted treats span the office's walls, interrupted by an oversized placard. In a back corner, above a brick fireplace, a mounted stag's head watches vigilantly from a distance over a hazelwood dart board near the entryway. A leaf-shaped window invites outside light toward a drink bar that stands beneath a painting. You also see a small raven, the Asben disk, the Elbromo disk, the Dergoatean disk, a brindled black-and-brown snowcat, a charming aurora spirit that is flying around, a spotted great horned owl that is flying around, a grizzled wolf that is sitting, the green Hapenlok disk, a basket of sticks and a tiny two-tiered bookshelf.

Also here: Draegar, Darcena, Ycelacie, Bronwic, Ryjex, Yakushi, Dergoatean, Shinann, Dame Evia, Chaoswynd, Goldstr, Maags, Brandilor, Sir Bristenn, Relic Hunter Ulkov, Guarrin, Sir Mynon, Puptilian, Lord Perivan, Lord Asben, Elbromo, Sir Cryheart, Hapenlok, Mother, Xorus, Imperatrix Lylia

Gespry, Randsford, Roelon, Earthdiver, Khaell, Vaemyr, Yaristen, Nordred, Leifa, Chandrellia and Kippe followed.

[General] Nickonai thinks, "One by the temple."

The voice of Arynth says, "Well then."

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara muses, "This makes it increasingly likely that the Consortium is affiliated with the Knave in some way."

The voice of Arynth says, "Glad to see I'm actually able to contribute."

Lazaryth says, "There you are."

Gespry melodically says, "I need a bigger mana battery."

Mother softly says, "The information we received was partially correct."

Speaking to Mother, Vaemyr asks, "Enjoying your new hand pylons?"

The voice of Thrassus asks, "Or you want to make it seem so, perhaps?"

Lazaryth says, "Well, he was."

Mother nods at Vaemyr.

Vaemyr says, "I have to say they are quite effective."

The voice of Arynth asks, "I'm sorry, we're in an office? Is the fighting over, then?"

Leafiara says, "I don't particularly mind either way if they are or aren't affiliated, but it's a possibility to consider."

Arynth incredulously asks, "And who is this?"

Speaking deeply to Cryheart, Draegar says, "Safe to put our weapons down for a moment.. my arms could use the respite."

Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok says, "You know, I think I earned one of those hand pylons tonight."

Evia says, "This is the officious part of the fight."

Leafiara recites:

"Form on Cryheart!"

Gespry melodically says, "I need my runetwig, just ta stay upright."

Speaking to Arynth, Leifa says, "This is Mother, of course."

Speaking softly to Hapenlok, Chandrellia exclaims, "You? I kept my entire group alive for almost the whole duration!"

Mother softly says, "There was the possibility of casualities. We had, after all, gleaned the information from an old contact of ours."

Speaking deeply to Hapenlok, Roelon says, "We did ...free up those cargo containin' them."

Speaking wryly to Leafiara, Arynth says, "Oh, of course, now it all makes sense."

Hapenlok says, "Most of my crew survived. I think."

Mother softly says, "One who has turned, but he had information we extracted from some of his shipments as well."

Leafiara asks, "...turned?"

Gespry melodically says, "Sounds ominous."

(OOC) Draegar's player whispers to the group, "That was so much fun lol. Been years since done a real invasion and could participate."

Mother softly says, "This is war, so it is time to share some things of course."

(OOC) Mnar's player whispers to the group, "This one was done very well."

Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok asks, "One of your ....affilated merchants of the town? Or one of your troupe?"

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara agrees, "That would be appreciated."

Lazaryth asks, "Ah. Now is the time to share things?"

Mother softly says, "Walward once called the Brotherhood his allies."

(OOC) Bristenn's player whispers to the group, "Did well, thanks for the Hollers."

(OOC) Draegar's player whispers to the group, "Indeed!"

Speaking to Lazaryth, Leafiara says, "She did give us the information to find the statue last night as well."

Lazaryth noncommittally says, "Mm."

(OOC) Draegar's player whispers to the group, "Glad could assist.. definitely gets me thinking about elemental weapons though.. my sword nearly burned my hands to the bone lol."

Mother softly says, "He has since cut ties. I have my theories."

Arynth skeptically inquires, "So there is no need to continue to be armed?"

Leafiara acknowledges, "I think there are a lot of theories in this room."

(OOC) Evia's player whispers to the group, "Good to share company with all of ya."

Leafiara says, "But, please, continue."

Speaking to Arynth, Darcena says, "My hands are empty."

(OOC) Puptilian's player whispers to the group, "Yeah I learned a while ago to carry one blessable plain weapon, a cold flare, and a acid flare. Keep a mix because you never know with invasions."

Vaemyr says, "So let's start with some facts, these ships definitely belonged at least in some part to the Consortium."

Chandrellia softly asks, "May I ask Mother a question?"

(OOC) Draegar's player whispers to the group, "Makes sense."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Leafiara says, "No harm in it."

Mother softly says, "It is unfortunate some of the town merchants had their wares attacked. It is even more unfortunate that they formed this Consortium and are in bed with the Armigers."

Mnar asks, "Did Dakris ever 'fess up to anything?"

Speaking to Mother, Dergoatean says, "Your people seemed to lose interest in the riverboats that stopped at the river, after an initial skirmish."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Evia says, "I dunno maybe you have to say Mother May I first."

Mother peers quizzically at Chandrellia.

Elbromo says, "Oh."

Elbromo says, "Well."

Speaking softly to Mother, Chandrellia asks, "Why were you so willing to aid with the staue for Thadston knowing how he feels about the Rooks?"

Mother nods at Dergoatean.

Mother softly says, "We found the shipment we needed."

Mother softly says, "The hand pylons."

Dergoatean nods at Mother.

Vaemyr says, "The shipment they needed was the one at the docks."

Mother softly says, "We have no desire to destroy the real merchants of this town."

Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok chides, "You know, if your people had held off, I think I could have bluffed those fellows at the north dock."

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara admits, "Ah, that's less impressive than I expected... I assumed you'd realized I would take the Abandoned Inn because of my fondness for the area." [conflicting stories here as it's unclear to me whether the shipment needed was the docks, like Vaemyr thinks, or the Upper Trollfang, like Leafi thinks]

Dergoatean asks, "Trollfang group, did you release the merchant wares as well?"

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "We both tried, amazingly enough."

(OOC) Earthdiver's player whispers to the group, "Meanwhile, I got set on fire from my arrows hitting them haha."

Mother softly says, "The riverboats were all that survived."

(OOC) Draegar's player whispers to the group, "Lol. They deflect them back on you or?"

Dergoatean nods at Mother.

(OOC) Arynth's player whispers to the group, "That seems broken."

(OOC) Earthdiver's player whispers to the group, "It's just broken."

Chandrellia softly says, "Perhaps my question went unheard."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Arynth says, "I believe it did."

Mother softly says, "Ask it again."

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara says, "Chandrellia does raise a good point, as your rather... on and off help or harm of Thadston is a bit odd. Some of us to this day wonder who went to who regarding plans like capturing Disean or evacuating town."

Mother nods at Chandrellia.

Evia says, "Didn't say Mother may I."

Evia starts chortling.

Speaking softly to Mother, Chandrellia asks, "Why were you so willing to aid with the staue for Thadston knowing how he feels about the Rooks?"

[General] Vexelrich asks, "Is it safe to come to the Landing at the moment?"

[General] Arynth thinks, "Seems to be."

[General] Evia thinks, "I think so."

[General] Eligh thinks, "I need help."

[General] Arynth thinks, "We're meeting with Mother in the mayor's office."

[General] Eligh thinks, "Can someone come get me and take me to the Landing."

[General] Arynth asks, "Where are you?"

[General] Fahlo asks, "Where are you?"

Mother softly says, "I do not think it is unbelievable to realize Thadston is the enemy we know."

Elbromo whispers to the group, "Hand pylons wud will they tink of next."

Chandrellia softly says, "But that doesn't explain why."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok mouths, "I told you so."

Evia whispers to the group, "Butt pylons?"

Leafiara acknowledges, "Ah, so the same way as many in here feel about you. Understood."

Mother softly says, "Any ally against the Knave is welcome."

[General] Eligh thinks, "Just ported back into my body after several yeawrs."

[General] Fahlo thinks, "Gotcha."

Mother softly says, "If we can rob the Lich, and gain leverage against the Knave, then it is a wise move."

(OOC) Draegar's player whispers to the group, "Anyone know what this parchment I picked up means? Is a wanted poster for Rone. Never seen something like it before."

Speaking softly to Mother, Chandrellia says, "But you gave information not knowing if we would hold up our end or not....."

Lylia says, "You seem far more concerned about the Knave than about Thadston Andrews."

(OOC) Leafiara's player whispers to the group, "That's an old bounty placed by the Knave."

Speaking to Mother, Vaemyr asks, "So are the Knave and the Armigers connected?"

(OOC) Draegar's player whispers to the group, "'Ahh okay. Thank you."

'Mother softly says, "Half of you are bloodthirsty enough to have held up your end of the bargain."

Speaking to Vaemyr, Leafiara says, "It seems a possibility and yet... there would be much to explain."

Mother softly says, "You asked to work with us, and try something different, so we did."

Mnar says, "The armigers were some of the first people to attack us tonight."

[General] Phelicidea thinks, "I wouldn't come to the Landing right now... Unless you like death."

Chandrellia smirks at Mother.

Khaell deeply asks, "Only half?"

Speaking softly to Mother, Chandrellia says, "Ok, points for that."

Puptilian says, "Rooks have had a few years to know how to work around Thadston. Knave are still kind of unknowns compare to that knowledge."

Speaking mildly to Mother, Leafiara says, "Well, if there's one thing people can count on in the Landing, it's bloodthirst."

Lylia replies, "Blood-thirst has never had anything to do with it; if I strike a bargain, I adhere to the very letter of it."

Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok teases, "I resent that implication. Your lot came charging in while I was trying to ...exude my charm."

Speaking to Mnar, Evia says, "Mnar! Hello Mnar I just now saw you."

Nordred says, "I was just bored really."

Speaking to Mother, Vaemyr says, "You held up your end of the bargain yesterday, do what may, a deal is a deal in my book."

Speaking to Mother, Lylia asks, "Do you consider the Knave an existential threat to you, or to your Rooks, or to the town itself?"

Mother softly says, "If giving you the statue first meant solidifying our alliance against the Knave even more, then it was worth it."

Chandrellia nods at Mother.

Speaking softly to Mother, Chandrellia says, "Thank you."

Mnar asks, "So, all these recriminations aside... what next?"

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara says, "As Pup said last week... we'll sort out our internal affairs later, and who knows whether we'll be enemies or allies in three months. But for now, we deal with the outsider Knave first."

Chandrellia softly mutters, "Tho I still think there is an underlying reason."

Leafiara says, "My thought, at least."

Mnar says, "We will always have time to kill each other."

Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok says, "To be serious, though. I didn't need much convincing to take on the Knave, even though I tend to think that Grishom's cult is just as bad or not worse."

Vaemyr says, "We know that you also are no friend of the blood cultists either."

Mother softly asks, "Not all?"

Mother peers quizzically at Lylia.

Speaking abruptly to Mother, Leafiara says, "Oh--thank you, by the way, for the aid with the statue. We'll... attempt to break the news gently to Thadston. At least we didn't need to resort to working with Barnom or Vlashandra as he might have feared."

Speaking to Mother, Lylia says, "I see. Or at least, I think I do."

Lylia thoughtfully taps a finger against her lips.

Mother softly says, "There is no place for the Knave here."

Mother nods at Lylia.

Shinann asks, "So, you know who the Knave is, correct?"

Mother softly says, "No."

Shinann says, "You have so much information on him."

Leafiara says, "When you do, please do tell us if we haven't learned it first."

Shinann says, "His movements."

Shinann ponders.

Bristenn evenly observes, "We're onto internal matters now, then?"

Speaking to Bristenn, Guarrin says, "Seems so."

Speaking to Bristenn, Lylia says, "It would seem so."

Speaking to Shinann, Leafiara notes, "Her information was a bit off tonight, though, so..."

Mnar says, "Mph, sorry."

Bristenn idly mentions, "I thought the fires were a premature spring fete, to be quite honest."

Mother softly says, "We have theories."

Lazaryth says, "You must be joking."

Speaking to Mother, Arynth prompts, "Such as?"

Shinann nods at Mother.

[General] Vexelrich asks, "I see a floating grey-green eye inside the north gate in Landing. I'm assuming one of the militia's sorcerer's are keeping and eye on things as it were?"

Chandrellia offers Mother a snifter of fine raspberry brandy.

Mother softly says, "I do not need a name to hear rumors. To hear rumblings."

Mother declines Chandrellia's offer.

Chandrellia softly says, "For a well fought tonight."

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara says, "We're, if nothing else, interested in at least hearing said theories."

[General] Vexelrich asks, "Landing Militia that is. You guys?"

Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok adds, "Considering that some of us probably will have matching theories."

Vaemyr says, "Aye, would be nice to... cross-reference our own theories and yours."

[General] Fahlo exclaims, "Coud be, could be!"

Mother softly says, "Many the same as yours. Amos. Stephos. Some Jantalarian Lords. Malluch. Someone from the Silver Kings."

(OOC) Puptilian's player whispers to the group, "Just miss the hat trick though."

Speaking bluntly to Mother, Leafiara says, "Amos, Dunigan, Stephos. These are the primary names being thrown around, and frankly it's not much of a secret. I'm sure the rumblings spread--"

Leafiara looks thoughtfully at Mother.

Leafiara surprisedly asks, "...Malluch?"

Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok adds, "Silver Kings?"

(OOC) Arynth's player whispers to the group, "Yeah, could be worse, at least you weren't doing the sex, or whatever kids call it now."

Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok says, "Please don't tell me they're still mad at you guys."

Leafiara says, "Malluch's never exactly been this... subtle or out of the forefront."

[General] Viva thinks, "I do like to keep an eye out, sometimes you blink and they're gone, sometimes you blink and they're gooey."

Lazaryth says, "Silver Kings sounds like a bunch of dandies."

Leafiara says, "And how he would have the money to fund this many mercenaries, even as Murdos' son..."

Leafiara rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Mother softly says, "The prisms made him a suspect."

Leafiara concedes, "True, true."

Mother softly says, "They tied to the Alchemist. Who is dead."

Leafiara nods at Mother.

Gespry melodically says, "Subtle as a maul to the face.."

(OOC) Puptilian's player whispers to the group, "Raspberries. All i will say is raspberries."

Mother softly says, "Octaven is missing."

Lylia says, "Even a dead man can have debts. He still has some to pay."

(OOC) Arynth's player whispers to the group, "Indeed, pup."

Leafiara musingly says, "Hmm, the Silver Kings. Rysus had attempted to contact them while cursed, so if they believed the Rooks were weakening, they might have seen it as time to move in. But the blight would have delayed those plans, answering the question of why now..."

Speaking stiffly to Leafiara, Darcena says, "You should not say his name."

Vaemyr says, "That's a bit scary, if potentially our three medium sized problems of the blood cultists, Consortium and Knaves were actually one large problem..."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Let's not sugarcoat it, Lady Mayor..."

Mother softly says, "For what it is worth, there was no trick tonight. The information was the best we could get, given we plucked it from some old hideaways of Walward's."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "He started a war with them."

Speaking suddenly to Hapenlok, Leafiara asks, "Wait, when?"

Puptilian says, "The Rooks of old really pissed off the Silver Kings."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "Not a war like you're imagining, but a war nonetheless."

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara says, "So, plausibly, it was information left behind as bait or there are--potentially deeper connections between groups like I raised at the start."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Puptilian says, "Well trying to steal a daughter will start one."

Mother softly says, "It remains unseen."

Leafiara nods slowly at Mother.

Speaking to Puptilian, Hapenlok says, "Yep. And the waitress wasn't a waitress."

Mother softly says, "But robbing the Consortium will not lose us sleep."

Leafiara acknowledges, "Yeah, some of us neither."

Speaking softly to Mother, Chandrellia says, "Or us."

Speaking to Hapenlok, Puptilian says, "Yeah you had a way with words that night my friend."

Speaking wryly to Mother, Arynth remarks, "Apparently it will lose Dakris sleep."

Chandrellia softly says, "Tho I fear Dakris may lower his prices for skins."

Mother softly says, "The hand-pylons will assist us in the coming weeks and months."

Leafiara says, "And while I can't speak to Goat's group, I had eyes on Hap to know the two of ours were attacked first."

Mother softly says, "It is an edge we needed. Thank you for your assistance."

Speaking to Dergoatean, Leafiara says, "Just knowing you, I bet it was the same for you, though."

Arynth says, "We did not instigate that fight."

Goldstr asks, "Er Is nae da Consortium some misguided merchants of OUR town?"

The voice of Thrassus asks, "Perhaps you should just go ahead and force the businesses of the Consortium members to close?"

Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok asks, "Can I prevail upon you for one or two?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Vaemyr says, "Actually the Rooks attacked first, then they attacked the Rooks and us before we fought back."

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara says, "Uneasy and bizarre alliances, if they can even be called that at a point like this."

Speaking to Vaemyr, Leafiara says, "More detailed and still correct, yes."

Lylia says, "Thrassus, you raise an interesting point."

Leafiara says, "Even if we wanted to or thought that would be a productive path, there's no way to accomplish it while Renpaw's away in Mestanir and the replacement is himself a nephew of Dakris."

Lylia explains, "When we spoke to Dakris, he was angry -- you all could tell that from his thoughts buzzing in your minds like wasps."

The voice of Thrassus says, "It'd cut off a good portion of their funding, most likely."

Gespry whispers something to Leafiara.

Kippe curiously asks, "Has the Consortium broken any actual laws?"

Lylia says, "But he also seemed uneasy. 'Idiots,' he called us, and told us we did not know what we had done. This did not sound like mere profit-taking."

Puptilian says, "As isolated as this town is, closing business can being a lot of hardship to the regular townspeople. If we do that we msut have a plan in place for them."

Speaking to Mother, Leafiara asks, "Which, I suppose, brings me to the next question... is there any intel at all on Renpaw's whereabouts?"

Speaking to Lylia, Hapenlok says, "It sounded like a man who was frightened."

Mother softly says, "No."

Lylia says, "Just so."

Leafiara regretfully says, "Figured as much."

Leafiara nods at Mother.

Fahlo adds, "Also wouldn't let us inspect the boats."

Speaking slowly to Hapenlok, Leafiara says, "...good point."

Speaking softly to Lylia, Chandrellia asks, "But frightened of whom?"

Leafiara frankly says, "Probably Amos and his runic hammers."

Chandrellia softly asks, "Amos?"

Speaking to Leafiara, Darcena says, "Beautiful, really."

Leafiara says, "Or Dunigan and *his* runic hammer that's conveniently the same build."

Chandrellia softly says, "I want one of those hammers."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok says, "What could get a group of men so frightened that some of them would turn against criminals..."

Speaking to Mother, Hapenlok interjects, "No offense."

Speaking to Leafiara, Vaemyr says, "Yeah the Consortium doesn't seem to be a democracy."

Mother softly says, "We'll be in touch. This development tonight has opened new potential opportunities for us, and we cannot sit on them forever."

Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "Oh, and yes, we were attacked before we struck back."

Speaking to Leafiara, Hapenlok asks, "That they were actively aiding and supporting in some cases?"

Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia muses something you don't understand.

Speaking to Leafiara, Dergoatean says, "The Rooks struck the mercenaries, then the mercenaries struck everyone."

Hapenlok says, "That's the real question."

Speaking softly to Mother, Chandrellia asks, "Can I interest you in a toast for a job well done?"

Speaking to Hapenlok, Leafiara agrees, "It really is."

Chandrellia offers Mother a snifter of zycana-infused raspberry brandy.

Mother looks over at Chandrellia and shakes her head.

Speaking softly to Mother, Chandrellia says, "It's of a good age."

Hapenlok says, "And that's what gives me a lot of concern."

Mother slips into the shadows.

Speaking in Faendryl, the voice of Thrassus asks something you don't understand.

Speaking to Chandrellia, Leafiara says, "She's not much of a... celebrater."