The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
The Paladin Base spell circle is designed to meet the combat and utility needs of the paladin.
Conversion to a specific Elanthian deity affects many of the spells in this circle, both mechanically and in messaging.
Enhancements by Rank
All stackable and refreshable enhancement spells increase duration by +60 sec per rank unless otherwise stated.
For lore enhancements, see the Lore Chart.
- Pious Trial (1602)
- Duration is extended by +2 sec per rank.
- Consecrate (1604)
- Duration is 20 + (3 * rank) swings for Guiding Light flares. The duration may be further extended with lore training.
- Divine Shield (1609)
- Adds +1 DS to the group (not the Paladin) per 5 ranks, to a maximum of +20 group DS at 43 ranks.
- Higher Vision (1610)
- Adds +1 DS per 2 ranks above 10, to a maximum of +55 DS at 100 ranks. Costs +1 MP per point of DS (every 2 ranks).
- Patron's Blessing (1611)
- Adds +0.75 Combat Maneuvers ranks per rank in Paladin Base above 11. +1 mana cost per 3 additional CM ranks.
- Faith's Clarity (1612)
- Grants a reduction of 1% to Paladin base spell hindrance per 5 ranks, up to a maximum of 10% reduction at 50 ranks. Minor Spiritual spell hindrance reduced to match Paladin spell hindrance.
- Vigor (1616)
- Adds +1 Constitution and +2 health points per 4 ranks, to a maximum of +10 Constitution and +20 health at 40 ranks.
- Faith Shield (1619)
- Duration is extended by +1 sec per 2 ranks above 19.
- Holy Weapon (1625)
- +1 to maximum bonding level per rank, to a maximum bonding level of 5 at 29 ranks.
- Divine Incarnation (1650)
- Increased effectiveness of Smite ability.
- Divine Vengeance (ability)
- Increased effectiveness.