Perception represents a character's ability to perceive the world in minute detail and is one of the most broadly useful skills in Elanthia.
Perception factors into a myriad of diverse skill checks:
- It is an important factor in Creature maneuver defense.
- It is the only component for many searching activities required for travelling and hunting, which can be considered as fundamental as basic requirements like climbing and swimming.
- Searching skill is also required for some bounties assigned by the Adventurer's Guild for heirlooms.
- It's the only way to improve one's chances to counteract Stalking and Hiding skills, including noticing rangers sneaking.
- Every 15 skill gives +1 bonus to foraging herbs.
- It factors into Ranged Weapons attack strength and the chance to hit an aimed target with a ranged weapon.
- It helps find traps laid by bandits.
- Anyone popping boxes or disarming traps will have plenty of use for the skill.
- Even illusions of the Sorcerer Guild are much simpler to create with better skill in perception.
- A factor in searching magru, minor glacei, and major glacei, and also accessing the Red Forest.
- Perception is an important component to observe or protect against the rare pickpocketing.
All told, any character can gain a very reasonable benefit by training this skill, and many recommend at least 1x training through cap.
Ranks and Training Costs
|Max Ranks Per Level||3||2||2||2||2||2||2||2||-||2||2|
|Training point Cost||0/1||0/3||0/2||0/3||0/3||0/2||0/3||0/3||-||0/3||0/3|