Who are you?
I mainly play Kaldonis Harvest-Moon, a totally insane halfling sorcerer. He is a citizen of River's Rest, and the Chancellor (chair) of Beacon Hall Archive. This is my kind of default identity in reference to the game, for example my involvement with the TownCrier or on the PC.
Any other alts I have shall not be named.
NB: Looks horribly out-dated. Nice to see most of the redlinks are gone! Thanks everyone!
- Magic item falsely links to the gem crystal page. For BOOST (verb) a generic crystal page for blue, black, and white may be useful
- This might be on a Common magic items page or something, which includes small statues, orbs, gold coins, cubes, etc, which are special in that they do not require MIU to active.
- Split [maps] and put in narost.
- Make a greater elemental flares page, and get some info from here 
- Help to grab geographic maps from play.net and make them useful, i.e. Geography and some Horrible colored maps. Thanks for unintentionally turning me on to this topic, ZHOUY1!
- DownstreamHook and other minimal working examples, possibly some organization of Lich scripting reference.
Pages of interest, etc
Things I play with go in my sandbox; if you want to play with similar information, copy it to your own sandbox rather than playing in mine, please. To make your own sandbox, you could use a link like this and then create the page. You'll want to make the link including your user name.
On a time, I decided to be pretentious and list a lot of minor things
I created Holy places but it's still missing anything east of the Dragonspine, Teras, and is surely still incomplete even for the realms it does have.
If you are interested in magically opening boxes, see my guide to Popping boxes.
Information listed in various places was consolidated to Holy Damage.
Most of what you can find about Paladins was written up by me.
I'm a big fan of summoned creatures and have done quite a bit of research and editing for those pages.
I've done a lot of research for shells.
I won some prizes in the Player Guide Contest, during which I mainly focused on:
These days (Sept 2018) I'm hard to find
Whatever, I still write article stubs. Sometimes I get bored. I still don't care what you think. Below is a "recent" collection of my latest (or continuing) interests.
- An Idiot's Guide to the Lich Map Database
- The Best Front End of All Time
- I made these tables smaller
- I think your mum is sexy
I also explained how to cheat, forever.
This is just a place for me to kind of bookmark useful pages with long names. You might like them, too!
One time I thought the idea of a profile was interesting. I am sure no one is interested in hearing about me as a player, but I figured, why are you scrolling down my profile page?
All about DAID
Where were you born?
Where do you currently live?
Where else have you lived?
- None of your business
What is your current occupation?
- Post-doc in nuclear physics.
- Portishead, Massive Attack, Thievery Corporation, Bonobo, and Bluetech.
- Lord of the Rings and auxiliary texts taking place near/in Middle Earth. Chuck Palahniuk. Brave New World, and Aldous Huxley in general.
- Vinyl DJing, GNU/Linux hacking, Magic (the popular card game), GemStone...?
- Hummus. Tabouhleh. Falafel Sandwiches. Pizza. Beer. Natto!
Favorite board games or computer games?
- Settlers of Catan, Cards Against Humanity. I don't do almost any computer gaming. Scepters for classic Mac is still pretty awesome 20 years later. The Lunar series was pretty good. Lots of retro games on NES and Genesis and Sega CD.
What is your favorite quote?
"After sleeping through a hundred million centuries we have finally opened our eyes on a sumptuous planet, sparkling with colour, bountiful with life. Within decades we must close our eyes again. Isn't it a noble, an enlightened way of spending our brief time in the sun, to work at understanding the universe and how we have come to wake up in it? This is how I answer when I am asked -- as I am surprisingly often -- why I bother to get up in the mornings. To put it the other way round, isn't it sad to go to your grave without ever wondering why you were born? Who, with such a thought, would not spring from bed, eager to resume discovering the world and rejoicing to be a part of it?" --Richard Dawkins, Unweaving the Rainbow
If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
- I would be John von Neumann. I consider photographic memory and computer calculations in your head a superpower, even though real people can do this.
Arbitrary Log Clips
I must be putting this section here out of boredom. Here is a clip from a time I wondered if you used the warding version of Web (118) if you could get a child to stay in one place. Incidentally, the best way to do that is to move the child to a room you want them to stay in, and quickly move away two rooms.