Lesser stone gargoyle
The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Revision as of 11:30, 17 August 2020 by GS4-XERAPHINA (talk | contribs) (removed outdated play.net bestiary link, added link to Gargoyle on Wikipedia)
Like its cousin, the stone gargoyle, the lesser stone gargoyle was a grey, granite carving originally placed to overlook the castle's walls. Now animated, it pounds about on powerful hind legs looking for beings it can smash into dust. It has a demon's face, with pointed beard, ruby eyes and long, sweeping goat horns. Bat wings, useless for flying, adorn its scaly back.
- They are fairly slow, so stance dance works well if necessary.
- They have a very low DS for their level as well so getting to them before they get to you is a good defense.
- Staying in stance advance or stance forward to avoid being able to be hit at all, and should still allow for a good enough AS to hit them.
- Because of their low perception ambushing is very easy, and when they're legged their AS drops to around 140.
- Cannot be stunned.
- Low perception.
- Non-magical weapons have a chance to shatter upon attack.
- You hear the creaking and grinding of stone as a lesser stone gargoyle comes alive right before your eyes!
- A lesser stone gargoyle opens its mouth and a low growl escapes, reverberating in your chest.
- A lesser stone gargoyle leaps at you with amazing speed and accuracy.
- A lesser stone gargoyle tries to bite you!
- A lesser stone gargoyle claws at you!
- The stone gargoyle rears its head, screaming, trying desperately to stand and then it collapses. With a final labored breath it stops moving.
- The stone gargoyle collapses to the ground, sending out a shower of rock and dust. It is all you can do to get out of the way.
- The stone gargoyle falls in your direction. you lead to the side narrowly missing being crushed.
- You swing your short sword at the stone gargoyle, shattering it against the stone gargoyle's hard skin!
|Near-level creatures - edit|