Clipped Wings/2020-01-09 Selbi Spreads Her Wings (log)

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search
This log is from premium storyline Clipped Wings on January 9, 2020, from the viewpoint of Darcena Wolf-Valslayer.

Summary

Selbi asked the players to come to her office, where she felt safer, for a talk about what the Flock had come up with. She utilized SIGNAL for the first time, tipping off the non-Flock who are still members of the Council to her allegiance. She then listened to, and agreed with, everything the Flock proposed, which included a police force of sorts, to protect the Isle from internal threats, and an orphanage/finishing school. Headed up by Lynaera and Talinvor, in sequence. Selbi remarked that she had diverted funds from the Mist Harbor Militia Project in order to fund the Flock's goals. People were mildly annoyed.

Socius showed up and the two of them argued. Selbi let drop that Socius's "sister" was alive, but under an enchantment which stipulated that if Socius were to strike at her, the sister would perish. Socius was taken very much aback by this news, but managed to rally somewhat when Selbi strode away in a huff. He asked the remaining folk to side with him, and stated that he was going to fight to win, not just for the sake of fighting. A number of individuals agreed to stand with him against the Flock, to protect the townsfolk.

The enruned crimson dart appeared suddenly, taking down Naamit and poisoning her. The discharge of a teleporter was heard just after a comment about keeping promises. Water was procured, the wound irrigated, and Naamit recovered quickly. An assassin took a potshot at Socius, and he went rabbiting off into the night after the shooter.

GM Cast: Selbi, Socius

Adventurers: Defender of Mist Harbor Akenna, Aleid, Apsaras, Avaia, Ceciliah, Darcena, Dhairn, Lord Faerinn, Juspera, Mistress Khobra, Lady in Waiting Lynaera, Mellny, Mnar, Mistress Naamit, Flockmaster Nehor, Opalina, Relic Hunter Ordim, High Lord Sarmoya, Steenk, High Lord Talinvor, Tatria, Lord Thrassus, Chatelaine Traiva, Xanthium

Visions

You feel your eye drawn to the dart, and as you watch, it seems to flicker in place, jumping slightly from one location to the next, and then back again. As it does, your stomach curls into an uncomfortable knot before releasing with a slight wave of nausea. (Darcena, Sarmoya?)

As you stare at the dart, you hear a faint, distant laughter. The distance seems more... chronological than spatial, as if you could walk forever and not find the source, for its time was past. As you listen, a painful nausea sets in the pit of your stomach. As you gasp, the laughter fades away, leaving only a painful ache in your gut. (Dhairn, Ceciliah)

Log Snippets

Editor’s note: Many of the ambient noises or individuals interacting with each other outside of the scope of the events of the night have been removed from this retelling. Grammar and spelling has been corrected for ease of understanding. Actions have been combined in places to reduce the length while maintaining the atmosphere. Some conversational pieces that were meant to happen sequentially but did not due to the nature of parsing speech in the game (i.e., player A says one piece of information, player B asks a question, player A continues with more information, then player A answers the question) have been reordered (e.g., player A says both pieces of information, player B asks a question, player A answers the question) in every situation where it makes sense to do so and doesn’t disrupt the actual proceedings.


Preamble Chatter


You move toward a ramshackle brown-shingled store, striding away.
[Stumbling Pebble Bar II]
Dried, cracked boards mingle with newer knotted pine planks as they spread across the floor from the swinging oak doors to the white oak bar.  Several half-cask chairs are arranged in circles around the room, their backs weathered and cracked, while plump couches face a fireplace that looks as if it has seen better days.  A scattering of cracked peanut shells litters the floor around an oversized bowl that is set upon a faded blue rug.  You also see a black-eared red and grey fox, the Opalina disk, a wide-mouthed mahogany barrel, a series of high barstools, a basket of sticks and Greth.
Also here: Apsaras, Xanthium, Lady in Waiting Lynaera, High Lord Talinvor, Defender of Mist Harbor Akenna who is sitting, Ceciliah, Opalina, Flockmaster Nehor who is sitting, Relic Hunter Ordim who is sitting, Lord Faerinn who is sitting, Mistress Naamit who is sitting
Obvious exits: none
An aggravated mountain spirit floats in, following you.

Xanthium nods slowly at Naamit.

Nehor glances at you.

Naamit mutters bitterly.

Nehor turns to face Lynaera.

Akenna notices your presence and beams at you with delight.

You give Faerinn a half-hearted, awkward smile.

You smile at Akenna.

You give Akenna a friendly hug.

Akenna gives you a friendly hug.

Speaking to Lynaera, Nehor says, "The pleasure, I assure you, is ours."

You nod in greeting at Naamit.

Apsaras waves to you.

Naamit nods once to you.

You notice Khobra try to tiptoe silently by you.

Xanthium glances between Nehor and Lynaera.

Lynaera points at Khobra, ruining her hiding place.

Xanthium smiles at you.

Speaking to you, Akenna exclaims, "I'm happy to see you!"

Lynaera smiles at Khobra.

You smile at Xanthium.

Ordim fidgets.

You kiss Xanthium tenderly on the cheek.

Lynaera nods to you in greeting.

Khobra smirks at Lynaera.

Xanthium kisses you tenderly on the cheek.

Naamit says, "Pardon me a moment."

Speaking pleasedly to Akenna, you say, "I am happy to see you, too."

You notice Naamit slip into a hiding place.

You nod at Lynaera.

Lynaera points at Naamit, ruining her hiding place.

Mellny just skipped merrily in.

Naamit stares at Lynaera.

Naamit looks around for a moment before sighing disappointedly.

Lynaera squints at Naamit.

You wave to Mellny.

Ordim removes his silver-laced sandals and wears them like gloves, he pantomimes a twit before putting them back on his feet.

Opalina just grabbed a wooden stick from the basket of sticks.

Mellny skips in a merry little circle around a wide-mouthed mahogany barrel.

Speaking to Lynaera, Naamit says, "I said pardon me a moment."

You smile at Apsaras.

Opalina takes a drink from her Greth's Special.

Naamit rubs her silvery glass amulet.

Naamit suddenly disappears.

Opalina takes a drink from her Greth's Special.

Opalina looks rather relaxed.

Mellny skips in a circle around you.

Lynaera nods politely.

Opalina just grabbed a wooden stick from the basket of sticks.

Lynaera teasingly says, "I feel as though I may being tested."

Opalina breaks a stick into pieces and tosses them into the fireplace.

Opalina just grabbed a wooden stick from the basket of sticks.

Xanthium moves to stand behind Lynaera.

Opalina just grabbed a wooden stick from the basket of sticks.

Lynaera laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.

Opalina takes some wooden sticks and places them in the fireplace.  Using two of the smaller pieces, she rubs them until a tiny flame bursts out.  Placing the burning twigs among the prepared wood, she blows gently on them until the flames spread and grow.

Talinvor grins at Lynaera.

Chatelaine Traiva just arrived.

Opalina just grabbed a wooden stick from the basket of sticks.

Speaking to Akenna, you ask, "How are you?"

Opalina just grabbed a wooden stick from the basket of sticks.

Opalina takes a wooden stick and tosses it into the fire and watches as the flames leap higher.

Lynaera wiggles her ears at Xanthium.

Khobra smirks at Lynaera.

Xanthium smiles at Traiva.

You smile at Traiva.

Mellny glances at Talinvor.

Traiva flutters her wings at Xanthium.

Opalina stands in front of a cask-faced white oak bar.

Nehor steeples his fingers in his lap, quietly observing his surroundings.

Opalina leans against a wide-mouthed mahogany barrel.

Traiva kisses Xanthium tenderly on the cheek.

Talinvor glances at Mellny.

Speaking to you, Akenna says, "I'm whole and hale and here is Phalyn, so I am happy."

Traiva flutters her wings at you.

(Darcena works very hard to wiggle her ears, but her face just wrinkles in a dozen different directions.)

Akenna beams happily at Traiva!

You nod at Lynaera.

Nehor glances at a black-eared red and grey fox.

Nehor frowns.

Traiva pets a black-eared red and grey fox, which nuzzles her hand softly.

Lynaera flashes a quick grin at you.

Traiva kisses Akenna tenderly on the cheek.

You smile at Akenna.

Akenna gives Traiva a lingering kiss on the cheek.

Speaking to a black-eared red and grey fox, Traiva says, "Hello, Phalyn."

The red and grey fox barks at Traiva.

Traiva flutters her wings at Lynaera.

The red and grey fox wags his tail back and forth slowly.

Speaking cheekily to Talinvor, Mellny inquires, "How be all yer moss an' stuff?"

Traiva kisses Faerinn tenderly on the cheek.

Lynaera nods politely at Traiva.

Dhairn just arrived, striding along.

Talinvor gives Mellny a rather puzzled look.

Ordim glances suspiciously at Talinvor.

Avaia just arrived.

Speaking to Greth, you say, "A ridiculous number of people here this evening."

Akenna runs her hand across the head of a black-eared red and grey fox and gives him a light scratch; the fox butts her hand in response as if begging for more.

Dhairn grins.

You mutter, "Where is my peace and quiet?"

Talinvor distractedly asks, "My moss?"

Talinvor squints at Mellny.

Avaia surveys the area.

Ordim giggles.

Speaking quietly to Mellny, Dhairn says, "I'm glad to see you're here again."

Nehor whispers something to Xanthium.

Mellny nods vigorously at Talinvor!

You ask about the price of an overly rare rolton steak.

You lean across the counter in a friendly way, engaging Greth Rottgut in an earnest chat about his prices.  He feigns exasperation at your persistence, but it is not long before he agrees to a price of 440 silvers.

You may order a QUANTITY of this item, ORDER something else, or BUY this item.

Greth Rottgut exclaims, "Sold for 440 silvers!"

Greth Rottgut takes the 440 silvers you offer in payment.

He hands you an overly rare rolton steak and says, "Here's your purchase.  Thanks for your patronage."

Avaia furrows her brow.

Speaking wryly to you, Akenna teases, "None to be found here."

Speaking curiously to Mellny, Talinvor asks, "Have the guards tossed you into the cell at the Tower?"

You ask about the price of some greasy pale red broth.

Using all your charm and wit, you enter into an enjoyable give-and-take with Greth Rottgut.  You have the sense that you took more than you gave by the time you reach a price of 264 silvers.

You may order a QUANTITY of this item, ORDER something else, or BUY this item.

Speaking to Talinvor, Mellny agrees, "It were fine moss."

You gasp.

Traiva gives Nehor a slight curtsy, barely more than a quick bob.

Speaking to Greth, you exclaim, "You've gotten expensive!"

Ordim glances sharply at Mellny and gasps involuntarily.

Xanthium smiles at Nehor.

Talinvor says, "Kris Har'esh."

You murmur, "Or I just didn't plan ahead well enough."

You ponder.

Talinvor nods in greeting at Avaia.

The fireleaf seed hanging from Mellny's neck suddenly flares a bright shade of red.

Nehor glances between Xanthium and Avaia.

Nehor nods slowly.

Speaking to Mellny, Ordim confirms, "I was an officer there once."

You shrug slightly.

Ordim nods in agreement.

Akenna takes a tiny sip of her minty green tea, warming her lips and making sure it's cool enough to drink.

Speaking impishly to Dhairn, Mellny says, "I glad to be seen an' not be trampled."

Khobra folds her arms over her chest.

Talinvor squints at Ordim.

Speaking to you, Akenna says, "He's got little ones to look after."

Speaking in Elven to Talinvor, Avaia says something you don't understand.

Xanthium folds her hands behind her back.

You nod slowly at Akenna.

Akenna grins at you.

Akenna rummages around in her pockets.

Avaia nods to Talinvor in greeting.

Xanthium gazes into Lynaera's eyes.

Akenna just gave you 1000 coins which you quickly pocket.

You say, "That  seems reasonable."

You say, "I'm short 204 silvers."

Speaking to Mellny, Ordim says, "Tallyvor was my secretary."

You exclaim, "Oh!"

Ordim nods once.

You beam happily at Akenna!

Akenna grins at you.

Speaking to Akenna, you say, "Thank you."

High Lord Sarmoya just arrived, striding along.

Greth Rottgut exclaims, "Sold for 264 silvers!"

Greth Rottgut takes the 264 silvers you offer in payment.

He hands you some greasy pale red broth and says, "Here's your purchase.  Thanks for your patronage."

Akenna nods to you.

You give Akenna 796 coins.

Speaking eagerly to Talinvor, Mellny says, "You can shows me da cells next time."

Sarmoya bows to Greth.

Traiva spends some time haggling with Greth Rottgut.

Akenna grins at you.

Mellny nods vigorously at Talinvor!

Sarmoya bows to Avaia.

Speaking quietly to Ordim, Talinvor says, "You're hardly convincing."

Sarmoya bows to Dhairn.

Darcena smiles warmly at Sarmoya.

Sarmoya bows to Traiva.

Sarmoya bows to Mellny.

Speaking dryly to you, Nehor exclaims, "Please try not to shake down any residents for coin. It is uncouth!"

Sarmoya bows to you.

Sarmoya bows to Apsaras.

Traiva flutters her wings at Sarmoya.

Sarmoya bows to Xanthium.

Dhairn smiles at Sarmoya.

Akenna nods to Sarmoya in greeting.

Talinvor raises an eyebrow in Mellny's direction.

Sarmoya bows to Lynaera.

Speaking baffledly to Ordim, Mellny asks, "You have t'ings to write?"

You roll your eyes at Nehor.

Avaia raises an eyebrow in Sarmoya's direction.

Sarmoya bows to Akenna.

Traiva flutters her wings at Apsaras.

Sarmoya bows to Ceciliah.

Sarmoya bows to Opalina.

Apsaras waves to Sarmoya.

Lynaera curtsies politely to Sarmoya.

Dhairn quietly says, "Hello Fighter."

Sarmoya bows to Faerinn.

Speaking to Mellny, Ordim whispers aloud, "He gets very upset when I tell people about that."

Ordim frets.

Sarmoya says, "Good evening."

Opalina curtsies to Sarmoya.

Ordim glances nervously at Talinvor.

Traiva joins Akenna's group.

Speaking wryly to Nehor, you say, "I've heard you've absconded with millions, playwright."

Nehor glances at Sarmoya.

Ordim shrugs at Mellny.

Mellny giggles at Ordim.

Xanthium gives Traiva a lingering kiss on the cheek.

Speaking to Sarmoya, Apsaras exclaims, "Evenin'!"

Khobra smirks at you!

Opalina just grabbed a wooden stick from the basket of sticks.

You wink at Khobra.

Traiva takes a drink from her rosy hibiscus metheglin.

A reddish glow pulses for a moment somewhere in the shadows.

Opalina just grabbed a wooden stick from the basket of sticks.

She smells just like Khobra.

You take a quick appraisal of Khobra and find that she has no apparent injuries.

Speaking to Ordim, Mellny says, "If'n I need anythin' written, I knows who to go see nows."

Opalina takes a wooden stick and tosses it into the fire and watches as the flames leap higher.

Naamit suddenly fades into view.

Talinvor joins Nehor's group.

Khobra smirks.

Ordim nods in agreement at Mellny.

Opalina gazes with interest at a weathered rough stone fireplace.

Ordim joins Nehor's group.

Dhairn grins at Naamit.

You nod to Opalina in greeting.

Selbi Invites Crowd to her Office

Selbi wanders in.

Speaking primly to you, Nehor says, "What you may have heard bears little on the truth of the current situation. But if you must know, I do not *shake down*."

Nehor sniffs.

Opalina waves to you.

Naamit nods faintly at Dhairn.

You give a sidelong glance at Selbi.

Sarmoya bows to Selbi.

Dhairn nods to Selbi in greeting.

You raise an eyebrow, your bone chelioboros only enhancing your skeptical look.

Opalina turns to face Selbi.

Traiva flutters her wings at Selbi.

Nehor nods to Selbi in greeting.

Nehor stands up.

Talinvor nods respectfully at Selbi.

Speaking to Selbi, Sarmoya says, "Good evening, Administrator."

Ordim glances nervously at Selbi.

Juspera just arrived.

Lynaera nods in greeting at Selbi.

Apsaras waves to Selbi.

Nehor bows respectfully, his eyes fixed firmly on the ground.

Juspera surveys the area.

Speaking to Nehor, you say, "No, you just lie and cheat."

You nod at Nehor.

Speaking to Selbi, Traiva says, "Good evening. It is good to see you."

Nehor whispers something to Talinvor.

Akenna stands up.

You fold your arms over your chest.

Juspera blinks.

Nehor smiles at Selbi.

Ordim appears to be more self-confident.

Akenna bobs a quick curtsy to Selbi.

Xanthium smiles at Juspera.

Akenna perches atop one of the nearby high barstools and leans forward against the white oak bar.

Ordim nods understandingly.

Xanthium kisses Juspera on the cheek.

You smile at Juspera.

Juspera glances at Nehor.

Selbi grimaces and waves.

Avaia takes a moment to observe Selbi.

Juspera nods.

Talinvor grins slowly.

Lynaera flashes a quick grin at Juspera.

Juspera curtsies to Lynaera.

Speaking to Selbi, you say, "Still looking a little under the weather."

Juspera kisses Xanthium tenderly on the cheek.

Speaking to Selbi, Akenna asks, "How are you?"

Khobra perches atop one of the nearby high barstools and leans forward against the white oak bar.

Lynaera curtsies gracefully to Juspera.

Selbi squeakily mutters, "Been better."

Speaking to Selbi, Apsaras exclaims, "Evenin!"

Juspera shifts her weight.

Khobra smirks at Selbi.

Speaking to Selbi, Akenna says, "It is good to see you up and around."

Akenna grins at Selbi.

Opalina adopts an agreeable expression.

Naamit places her hand on her hourglass girdle.

Naamit shifts her weight.

Selbi squeakily says, "Now then... since this place is compromised... we'll be moving to my office, where I can be more comfortable."

Juspera fidgets.

Selbi glares at Greth.

Nehor nods approvingly.

You frown at Selbi.

Ordim furrows his brow.

Ordim glances nervously around the room.

Khobra stands up.

Traiva cocks her head at Selbi.

Nehor crisply says, "An excellent suggestion, mistress."

Xanthium nods slowly at Selbi.

Naamit mutters something about conspiracies...

You say, "I can take a group there if anyone wish to follow me."

Ordim blurts, "And it has mice!"

Selbi squeakily says, "I will meet you all there in a few moments.  I have one more thing to take care of."

Akenna stands up.

Ordim flails his arms comically in the air in frustration while crumbs tumble off his clothing.

You complain, "Although I protest the assertion."

Selbi wanders off.

Speaking to you, Mellny announces, "I goin' ta follow you."

You nod at Mellny.

Xanthium grins at Lynaera.

Mnar grins at Juspera.

Sarmoya says, "If she is more comfortable there, I would prefer that."

(Darcena takes a step towards the door.)

Mnar waves to Xanthium.

Xanthium whispers something to Lynaera.

Juspera beams happily at Mnar!

Juspera glances at Xanthium.

You ask, "You all coming?"

You cock your head.

Xanthium asks, "What about Faerinn?"

Lynaera looks at Xanthium and hums.

Apsaras nods to you.

Xanthium glances at Faerinn.

Naamit says, "Grab his hand."

You gently take hold of Faerinn's hand.

You pull Faerinn to his feet.

Naamit says, "He's a bit into his coffee cup, I suspect."

Talinvor chuckles.

Dhairn whispers to the group, "Someone check her office before everyone goes in. Last thing we need is another hidden assault."

Ordim blinks.

Akenna lets out a long, contemplative breath.

You nod once.

Traiva glances at Dhairn.

(Editor's note: the group traveled to Selbi's office.)

The Flock Suggests Specialized Forces

You move toward some sturdy wooden doors, striding away.
[Hale Hall, Selbi's Office]
Stark and utilitarian, this room still carries the slightest hint of fresh paint.  The walls are a neutral beige color, and the carpet underneath is only the barest shade darker.  Unobtrosive candleabras are placed in each corner, and their combined light illuminates all four corners evenly.  A series of wooden benches are arranged neatly in angled rows, each facing a small mahogany desk which sits directly beneath a frosted glass window.
Obvious exits: out
Mnar, Juspera, Sarmoya, Avaia, Dhairn, Traiva, Mellny, Khobra, Apsaras, Xanthium, Lynaera, Talinvor, Akenna, Ceciliah, Opalina, Nehor, Ordim, Faerinn and Naamit followed.

Juspera scratches her nose.

You give a sidelong glance around the room.

Mnar gestures while summoning the spirits of nature to his aid...

Mnar gestures.

A sudden burst of bright light emanates from Mnar's hand!

Selbi wanders in.

You fold your arms over your chest.

Mnar says, "Just us."

Nehor leans against a frosted glass window.

Speaking to Mnar, Avaia says, "Kris har'esh, Sho'nah."

Nehor folds his arms over his chest.

>peer window
You gaze through the frosted glass window and see...
[Oleander Avenue]
Three shops on one side of the street have obviously been decorated in relation to one another.  The first has been painted a deep green with white trim, while the other two shops wear lighter shades of the same color.  A painted pattern upon the cobblestones marks the entry to a large woven grass hall, which is flanked by a pair of miniature evergreen trees encircled with white satin and velvet ribbon.  You also see a black-eared red and grey fox, a speckled cygnet that is flying around, a sapphire-eyed pale golden margay and an aggravated mountain spirit that is flying around.
Obvious paths: east, west

Avaia nods to Mnar in greeting.

Mnar nods at Avaia.

Opalina softly says, "Unless someone stalked in."

Dhairn nods at Mnar.

There is nothing on or in the desk. It smells like a small mahogany desk.

Selbi squeakily says, "Right."

Akenna nods to Mnar in greeting.

Speaking to Avaia, Mnar says, "Kris har'esh."

Ethereal bearded-dragon eels coil to life around Dhairn's arm and chest, writhing and riding hidden currents to form a chelioboros above his gesturing hand. They fade away while his voice becomes but a whisper.

Dhairn gestures.

Nothing seems to happen.

Avaia smiles quietly to herself.

Mellny fiddles with the edges of her pale ruby pelisse while humming a light saucy tune.

Nehor turns an inquisitive ear toward Selbi.

You frown at Selbi.

Mnar gestures while summoning the spirits of nature to his aid...

Mnar gestures.

A sudden burst of bright light emanates from Mnar's hand!

Xanthium nods slowly at Juspera.

Juspera glances expectantly at Xanthium.

Opalina turns an inquisitive ear toward Selbi.

Juspera nods.

Dhairn nods at Mnar.

Mnar says, "Still just us."

Xanthium smiles at Mnar.

Akenna nods to Juspera in greeting.

Speaking to Mnar, Xanthium says, "But we're far more than just."

Selbi squeakily says, "I had informed the birdbrains that I wanted suggestions from them on improving the town..."

Xanthium kisses Mnar on the cheek.

Selbi glances at Nehor.

Ordim blinks.

Mnar blushes a nice shade of light pink.

Nehor curiously asks, "How would you be able to tell if someone was an assassin, what with all these ne'er do wells in attendance?"

Sarmoya walks over to the benches and settles down.

You lean against a small mahogany desk.

Juspera glances sharply at Nehor.

Khobra glances at Nehor.

Talinvor smirks.

Speaking simply to Nehor, Selbi says, "In here, I am safe."

Speaking dubiously to herself, Mellny mutters, "More comfortables?"

Mellny casts a bemused glance at a series of wooden benches.

Nehor nods once.

Xanthium nods at Juspera.

Juspera snaps her fingers, looking quite disappointed.

Ordim gazes with awe at his surroundings.

Sarmoya stands up.

Akenna casually observes her surroundings.

Speaking to a frosted glass window, Ordim whispers aloud, "Must be the frosting..."

Ordim nods slowly.

Xanthium gives Mnar a little prod between the shoulder blades.

Akenna curiously asks, "What makes it safe?"

Ceciliah nods in greeting at Sarmoya.

Khobra moves to stand behind Dhairn.

Akenna glances inquiringly at Selbi.

Speaking squeakily to Akenna, Selbi says, "Unlike the idiot, who relies on his dead father for his magic, I have a few tricks of my own."

Dhairn smiles at Khobra.

Selbi sniffs.

You flatly say, "Probably her own magic."

Mnar grins at Xanthium.

Juspera scowls at Selbi.

Speaking to Selbi, Akenna asks, "What sort?"

Ordim giggles.

Talinvor looks thoughtfully at Selbi.

Apsaras nods slowly.

Faerinn suddenly blinks and wakes up from his daydream.

Faerinn blinks.

Faerinn shakes his head.

Talinvor curiously asks, "Relies on?"

Faerinn nods to Selbi in greeting.

Speaking pleasantly to Selbi, Nehor informs, "We have taken your charge to heart and gathered the minds of all concerned to discuss possible ways to help improve the town. Just this last week we met with many a concerned citizen to hear their views."

Nehor nods sagely.

Khobra smiles at Dhairn.

Khobra casually observes her surroundings.

Selbi nods approvingly at Nehor.

Ordim nods in agreement.

Speaking to Selbi, Sarmoya says, "It is good you feel safe."

Speaking to Selbi, you ask, "However did that assassin get through your spell at Greth's to attack him?"

Ordim collects a riveted tobacco leather book from a large compartment inside the witchwood case.

Xanthium smiles at Faerinn.

Ordim carefully opens his tobacco leather book.

You say, "We thought that was safe, too."

You fold your arms over your chest.

Faerinn nods to Xanthium in greeting.

Speaking impishly to Nehor, Mellny reminds, "Good citizens."

Naamit leans over and whispers something to you.

Xanthium flashes a quick grin at Faerinn.

Selbi turns a deaf ear to the room and listens solely to Nehor.

Akenna wraps her hands around the waist of her fawn pashmina dress and casually rocks from side to side, causing the fabric of her dress to swish back and forth.

You hiss.

Speaking squeakily to Nehor, Selbi asks, "You were saying?"

Speaking amusedly to Mellny, Nehor counters, "Oh we took the suggestions of the not so good as well. We just didn't take them very far."

Opalina peers quizzically at Nehor.

Talinvor grins slowly.

Nehor clears his throat.

Akenna whispers something to you.

Mellny giggles to herself.

Ordim glances between Nehor and a riveted tobacco leather book.

You stride over to stand before Akenna.

Faerinn nods to Juspera in greeting.

Khobra glances between Nehor and Selbi.

Faerinn nods to Akenna in greeting.

Akenna whispers something to you.

You quietly whisper to Akenna.

Faerinn nods to Lynaera in greeting.

You nod slowly at Akenna.

Nehor clearly says, "Yes, we have two ideas in particular that seemed promising and which I believe will be quite helpful in the days to come."

Lynaera nods politely at Faerinn.

Faerinn nods to Talinvor in greeting.

Akenna nods slowly to you.

Dhairn turns an inquisitive ear toward Nehor.

Dhairn folds his arms over his chest.

Talinvor nods to Faerinn in greeting.

Speaking squeakily to Nehor, Selbi says, "Whenever you feel up to it, get around to the point.  I don't have all night."

Speaking to yourself, you mutter, "This should be good."

Nehor chuckles.

Ordim giggles to himself.

Traiva calmly flutters her wings at you to an unheard rhythm.

Nehor agreeably says, "Very well."

Khobra smirks at you!

Selbi slowly empties her lungs.

Khobra turns an inquisitive ear toward Nehor.

Opalina watches a frosted glass window closely for a moment.

Xanthium raises an eyebrow in Lynaera's direction.

Apsaras leans softly against Akenna.

Akenna smiles at Apsaras.

Sreka just arrived.

Traiva whispers something to you.

Talinvor rubs his chin thoughtfully.

You nod in agreement at Traiva.

Opalina seems to be waiting for something.

Xanthium glances at Selbi.

You quietly whisper to Traiva.

You smirk at Traiva.

Nehor calmly begins, "The first recommendation we have is the creation of a force designed to deal with the threats the Isle faces. The Militia stands valiantly at the walls and guards against direct threats...but whom guards against the shadows in the night? The assassin hiding amongst a crowd?"

Traiva starts chortling at you!

Selbi raises an eyebrow.

Xanthium folds her hands behind her back.

Ordim squints at a riveted tobacco leather book.

Ordim nods once.

Juspera surreptitiously glances at Nehor.

Traiva whispers something to you.

Khobra raises an eyebrow in Nehor's direction.

Akenna whispers something to you.

Speaking squeakily to Nehor, Selbi says, "A fairly reasonable suggestion... I'm amazed you managed to come up with it."

Akenna raises her hand.

You slowly drum your fingers on your slate battle harness, narrowing your eyes.

Akenna says, "We have one."

Traiva looks lost in thought.

Juspera fidgets.

Akenna says, "We need to amp up recruitment, is all."

Nehor continues, "With that in mind, I have reached out to the people who so ably helped us combat Nazhor in the past...namely, Mayor Lylia has graciously agreed to lend us a core of specialized forces that are trained in such work. Leading them, we put forth Lyreana's name. She has proven herself capable in guarding my person...which is no small feat."

Mnar nods at Xanthium.

Nehor smiles.

Akenna folds her arms over her chest.

You wryly say, "Apparently the Sergeant and his force isn't enough for the birdbrains."

Selbi gives a short little hum of surprise.

Xanthium smiles at Nehor.

Selbi glances at Lynaera.

Lynaera nods politely at Selbi.

Speaking to Nehor, Ordim whispers aloud, "Most of you at least."

Ordim nods in agreement at Nehor.

Dhairn blinks.

Speaking to Lynaera, Nehor offers, "If you have some words, mistress, about your intent with this force?"

Talinvor adds, "And with such a ... large crowd of the militia, it is difficult for them to parse the necessary stealth to find such assasins and internal threats."

Xanthium says, "Mayor Lylia is most efficient at the tasks charged to her."

Talinvor nods at Selbi.

Nehor nods in agreement at Xanthium.

Selbi turns an inquisitive ear toward Lynaera.

Dhairn quietly says, "Lylia.. recommended a Nalfein."

Dhairn blinks.

You stare at Talinvor.

Lynaera purposefully strides a few steps forward.

Dhairn quietly says, "Paint me intrigued."

Naamit chortles softly at some secret joke.

Ceciliah chuckles.

You think to yourself, "I think he just called me fat."

Khobra folds her arms over her chest.

Ordim tries to tinker with his book.

Khobra leans to her right slightly.

Akenna folds her arms over her chest.

Speaking to Dhairn, Nehor corrects, "I recommended her. Lylia is providing manpower that will serve as the core of the new force."

Nehor smiles.

Talinvor grins slowly at you.

Lynaera says, "There is still much being agreed upon..."

Xanthium says, "You can ask the Czag Dubh's head..."

Nehor turns an inquisitive ear toward Lynaera.

Juspera shifts her weight.

Xanthium smiles.

Dhairn quietly says, "Now that sounds more accurate."

You ask, "Whyever would Lylia do that?"

Dhairn nods at Nehor.

You say, "Perhaps I should speak with her myself."

Juspera nods at Mnar.

Naamit says, "The Flock recommends more people not of the isle, to root out those who do not belong on the isle. Does it not make sense that those who know the names and faces of the Isle would know best who belongs?"

Dhairn nods to you.

Lynaera says, "However, the purpose of this group would be to seek out informaiton regarding threats to this Isle. Both from without, and within."

Speaking curiously to you, Talinvor asks, "Can you bring me some bloodwine from her office while you are there, perchance?"

Dhairn whispers something to you.

Juspera murmurs, "Oh, I don't think I need to talk with Lylia to know what she'd say."

You nod at Naamit.

Nehor nods in agreement at Lynaera.

Speaking politely to Naamit, Lynaera reminds, "I am a citizen of this island."

Selbi Drops a Bombshell - She's Reappropriated Funds

Speaking squeakily to Lynaera, Selbi says, "You will be pleased to hear that the town recently came across... something of a windfall.  I'm sure we can find funds for this force of yours."

Selbi starts chortling.

Ordim beams!

Speaking to Lynaera, Naamit says, "And your friend here has recommended a bevy of those not of it."

Lynaera nods graciously at Selbi.

Avaia narrows her eyes.

Speaking to yourself, you murmur, "And within, eh?"

Akenna's jaw drops.

You glance suspiciously at Lynaera.

Thrassus suddenly fades into view.

Juspera glances at Thrassus.

Speaking shortly to Talinvor, you say, "No."

Ordim [Local]: "Mmmm muffins."

Thrassus nods in greeting.

Xanthium smiles at Traiva.

Thrassus folds his hands within the sleeves of his thick indigo robe and offers a small bow of acknowledgement.

Xanthium gives Thrassus a lingering kiss on the cheek.

Xanthium pulls her hands out of the confines of her jade green robe's sleeves.

Xanthium rests a gentle hand on Thrassus's arm.

You stare at Selbi.

Speaking in Faendryl, Khobra softly says something you don't understand.

Speaking to Selbi, Lynaera asks, "Would you be able to explain this...windfall?"

Apsaras ponders.

Ordim giggles to himself.

Speaking politely to Naamit, Nehor says, "There is no harm in reaching out and extending the hand of cooperation to different peoples. Diversity is a tool that strengthens a group."

Nehor smiles.

You give a sidelong glance at Ordim.

Speaking quietly to Lynaera, Dhairn asks, "Where do I sign?"

Speaking squeakily to Lynaera, Selbi says, "There was a great deal of coin that had been set aside for something extraneous.  I diverted those funds, and can use them for something of value."

Juspera mutters something about Faendryl.

Juspera fidgets.

Mellny fidgets.

You ask, "Something.... extraneous?"

Traiva raises an eyebrow.

Ordim rocks back on his heels.

Naamit stares at Nehor.

You growl, "What perhaps could that be?"

Mellny impishly repeats, "Divert."

Juspera asks, "Extraneous? Like a statue of Socius?"

Mellny giggles to herself.

Akenna asks, "What?"

Ordim scowls.

Nehor begins chuckling at Juspera!

Ordim mutters, "Butcher!"

Faerinn says, "The Messenger seems to be able to hope around like distance doesn't matter. It makes sense to find troops that are specialized to do the same."

Speaking to Selbi, Lynaera says, "They will be of great use to the safety and protection of this island."

Khobra leans to her right slightly.

Selbi nods in agreement at Lynaera.

Speaking to Selbi, you request, "What is the status of our Militia improvements?"

Xanthium glances at Faerinn.

Speaking to Juspera, Nehor says, "It would be like him to commission some sort of gradiose structure."

Akenna angrily asks, "You don't mean our safehaven project, do you?"

Xanthium nods.

Juspera glances at Akenna.

Speaking to Selbi, Naamit says, "Best not have been the millions raised for the Militia safehouse."

Naamit glances at Selbi and folds her arms over her chest.

Speaking to Dhairn, Lynaera says, "Please speak with me after this meeting and we can discuss further."

Ceciliah smiles quietly to herself.

Sarmoya frowns.

Speaking coldly to you, Selbi says, "They are on hold."

Apsaras slowly empties her lungs.

You say, "On..."

Speaking to Selbi, Naamit protests, "On hold you say."

You snarl, "Hold."

Selbi turns to face Nehor.

Akenna swears in a fluid mixture of common and elven that would make a spike-thorn take pause.

Nehor smiles looking oh so pleased with himself.

You take a deep breath.

Dhairn nods once.

Apsaras swears in a fluid mixture of common and elven that would make a spike-thorn take pause.

The Flock Details Their Second Suggestion: An Orphanage

Speaking squeakily to Nehor, Selbi asks, "You said you had another suggestion?"

Naamit angrily says, "What a farce."

Speaking to yourself, you mutter, "This is when Wren would have put her hand on my arm before I kill someone."

Naamit turns around.

Opalina raises an eyebrow.

Speaking to himself, Ordim whispers aloud, "I hope they weren't the silvers for the Roblar-sized oven ...."

Ordim frets.

Faerinn says, "Wow, putting the fun in fundraiser."

Xanthium looks over at Thrassus and shakes her head.

(Naamit strides toward the door.)

Juspera blinks at Faerinn.

Speaking politely to Selbi, Nehor says, "Our second suggestion I believe Sir Talinvor here can explain in further detail. But it was brought up by mistress Tatria, whom I do not see present...but we took her suggestion to heart for the wisdom it was."

Akenna furiously exclaims, "I raised money for that... you're going to give it to the Flock?!"

Nehor turns to face Talinvor.

Mnar chuckles.

Talinvor nods once.

Apsaras rests a gentle hand on Akenna's arm.

Juspera glances uneasily at Akenna.

Xanthium smiles at Thrassus.

Lynaera frowns at Akenna.

Selbi squeakily says, "The funds are going to the town and its interests.  Do keep quiet."

Speaking simply to Naamit, you say, "Don't leave."

Mellny blinks at Nehor.

Traiva leans over and whispers something to you.

You say, "I may need your help to sla---- talk."

Selbi turns to face Talinvor.

Naamit clenches her fist.

Akenna scowls at Selbi.

Speaking baffledly to Nehor, Mellny asks, "So many words.  It were smart?"

Naamit whispers something to you.

Speaking respectfully to Selbi, Talinvor says, "The question was in regards to the children. Their housing, education and safety."

You growl at Selbi.

Folding her arms against her waist, Xanthium slips her hands into the opposite sleeve of her jade green robe and maintains a contemplative disposition.

You nod at Naamit.

Khobra leans to her right slightly.

Xanthium nods once at Thrassus.

Lynaera whispers something to Akenna.

Selbi nods understandingly at Talinvor.

You quietly whisper to Naamit.

Xanthium pulls her hands out of the confines of her jade green robe's sleeves.

Xanthium removes a copper-glazed fiery amber bulb from in her jade green robe.

Xanthium pours a few drops of perfume from her fiery amber bulb on herself.

Xanthium put a copper-glazed fiery amber bulb in her jade green robe.

Ordim furrows his brow.

Ordim offers, "Invest in the future!"

Naamit whispers to you.

Thrassus leans on his staff.

You scowl at Naamit.

Khobra turns an inquisitive ear toward Selbi.

Xanthium gives a sidelong glance at Nehor.

Naamit folds her arms tightly across her chest, clearly annoyed.

Juspera glances at Xanthium.

Faerinn leans against a series of wooden benches.

Speaking to Selbi, Talinvor adds, "First, the children need better housing. No offense to Greth - but this place is a mess, and the children cannot be expected to be sustained on bar food. Plus, the water is disgusting."

Speaking apologetically to Mellny, Nehor says, "I do tend towards loquacious, I hope you can forgive me."

You quietly whisper to Naamit.

Xanthium whispers something to Faerinn.

Mellny removes some acantha leaf from in her tart-embossed satchel.

Mellny offers Nehor some acantha leaf.

Speaking to Talinvor, Ordim adds, "And it has mice."

You scowl at Talinvor.

Talinvor gives a sidelong glance at Ordim.

You blink at Ordim.

Nehor raises an eyebrow.

Ordim nods in agreement at Talinvor.

Akenna shakes her head, totally at a loss.

Talinvor thoughtfully says, "Apparently."

Nehor declines Mellny's offer.

Khobra turns an inquisitive ear toward Talinvor.

Naamit mutters bitterly.

Speaking squeakily to Talinvor, Selbi asks, "Indeed... so you envision... an orphanage?"

Mellny whispers something to Nehor.

You begrudgingly say, "I can't argue that the children shouldn't be housed there indefinitely."

Xanthium nods slowly at Faerinn.

Sarmoya turns his head slightly and tenses up, bristling.

Speaking to Selbi, Talinvor says, "Also, Greth has admitted he is a terrible cook. Surely he cannot be expected to continue this.."

Mellny shrugs.

Selbi smirks at Talinvor.

Mellny put some acantha leaf in her pale ruby pelisse.

Juspera nods slowly at Thrassus.

Talinvor holds up his hand and tilts it side to side in a so-so gesture.

Speaking dryly to Mellny, Nehor whispers aloud, "Thats not a disease...I do not believe."

You adamantly state, "But I do not think they should be under the care of birdbrains!"

Ordim squints at Talinvor.

Ordim nods slowly at Talinvor.

Mellny glances dubiously at Nehor.

Ordim taps a riveted tobacco leather book, which is in his right hand.

Apsaras agrees with you.

Akenna agrees, "They deserve people who truly care about them."

Faerinn takes a drink from his black coffee.

Ceciliah takes a moment to observe Akenna.

Khobra agrees with Akenna.

You nod at Akenna.

Opalina softly says, "There are other cooks in town."

Speaking to you, Nehor soothes, "The orphanage will draw on tutors and caretakers from a diverse array of groups. Do not worry."

The grinding sound of metal plates echoes nearby.

Speaking to Talinvor, Naamit says, "There are ten other diners on the isle. Greth has no business trying to change his menu, it'll only put him in a position to compete with the others. He has his clientele cornered."

Speaking thoughtfully to Selbi, Talinvor says, "More of a boarding school - the children need education, and perhaps even a vocation for the elder children. They need to learn how to be an asset to.. society."

Speaking softly to you, Lynaera asks, "Is a good idea made ill, by its source?"

Speaking to Nehor, you ask, "And who shall be in charge of this 'orphanage'?"

Speaking flatly to Lynaera, you say, "Sometimes."

Naamit shakes her head, totally at a loss.

Juspera says, "..an orphanage is not necessarily a place they will be cared for.  They need a group to set up fosters for them."

Juspera fidgets.

Lynaera frowns at you.

Speaking to Naamit, Talinvor says, "They can't live in a diner, Naamit."

You say, "It's the tentacles coming off the good idea you should 'ware."

Suddenly a loud metallic *CLICK* comes from somewhere in the room.

Ordim blinks.

Speaking to Talinvor, Naamit says, "You were speaking of Greth's menu."

Traiva glances around the room.

Sarmoya says, "Hello, Aleid."

Thrassus draws his black staff close.  A collection of glistening black tentacles burrow into his skin coming from his staff.

You nod at Juspera.

Opalina softly says, "Ohh foster care that sounds interesting."

Avaia gazes at her surroundings.

Selbi squeakily says, "Agreed.  I will also look to divert funds to this cause.  Well considered, and well thought out."

Juspera nods at Opalina.

Sreka says, "I have not seen the streets of the town overrun with urchins, I must admit. Teaching and feeding orphans is all very good. I'm not sure what the Flock will be teaching them. And without a steady stream of orphans, an orphanage boarding school is not sustainable."

Faerinn says, "I'd rather see the bait and switch go to an independent care home..."

Speaking politely to you, Nehor says, "In Charge is not the right term. But someone must organize the day to day of things, and Talinvor has proven adept in such matters with his Chalice and its shows."

Juspera says, "Children need families, not to be an anonymous number in an orphanage."

You gawk at Nehor.

You ask, "TALINVOR?"

Naamit whispers something to Selbi.

Ordim suggests, "Invest in the future!"

Speaking quietly to herself, Traiva murmurs, "I am curious what the funds are being diverted from.."

Ordim beams!

Naamit stretches.

Speaking impishly to herself, Mellny repeats, "Divert."

Mellny giggles to herself.

You ask, "THAT scoundrel?"

Khobra glances at Selbi.

Juspera nods slightly at Traiva.

Faerinn glances at Nehor.

You point at Talinvor.

Speaking to Nehor, Akenna says, "He should be the very last person to oversee the raising of children."

Akenna frowns at Nehor.

Apsaras rolls her eyes.

Opalina nods at Traiva.

Mnar dusts Juspera off.

Speaking to you, Talinvor says, "I am already trained as a lorekeeper for my culture. I am effectively considered a historian, educator and entertainer - the perfect sort of teacher to enlighten and inspire young minds."

Speaking politely to Selbi, Nehor concludes, "We hope that such changes will benefit the town. I am sure there will be other changes needed, but we must start slow no?"

Juspera smiles at Mnar.

You exclaim, "He does NOT have the moral aptitude for this!"

Speaking to you, Ordim exclaims, "He taught me to speak duh'nar!"

Ordim beams!

Speaking incredulously to Akenna, Nehor asks, "What is wrong with children being raised by a person of the Arts?"

Ordim taps himself on the chest.

Ordim says, "Dire tu'lay'amy."

Ordim nods slowly.

Speaking squeakily to Nehor, Selbi says, "Indeed we must.  Well reasoned, all around."

(Traiva presses her lips firmly together before taking a small sip from her stein.)

Speaking to Talinvor, Akenna says, "It is funny though, Landrai says you don't even like to hear about children fussing."

Mellny brightly announces, "I enlighten dem."

Socius Confronts Selbi

Socius slips out of a nearby shadow, his face troubled.

Mellny nods vigorously!

Naamit whispers to you.

Nehor frowns at Socius.

Lynaera nods in greeting at Socius.

Juspera says, "I wouldn't want a Dhe'nar in charge of an orphanage any more than I'd want Ordim in charge of a muffin museum."

Socius sternly states, "This will not stand."

Speaking quietly to Talinvor, Dhairn says, "I would likewise hope the texts come from a diverse array of cutlures and beliefs."

Sarmoya bows to Socius.

Speaking to Talinvor, Akenna asks, "What if you actually have to hear it?"

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Juspera.

Naamit nods in agreement at Socius.

Selbi turns to face Socius, a smile creeping across her face.

Speaking to Juspera, Ordim confirms, "Thats a good idea too!"

Khobra raises an eyebrow in Socius's direction.

Speaking to Dhairn, Talinvor says, "Of course."

Juspera scowls at Ordim.

Selbi mockingly teases, "Having some trouble paying the workers, are we, child?  So sorry... the funds were needed for the town.  You understand, I'm sure."

Traiva whispers something to Akenna.

You nod at Naamit.

Speaking firmly to Socius, Nehor informs, "I do not believe you have a say in this. We asked for those interested to come to our meeting. You were CONSPICIOUSLY absent."

(Naamit moves closer to Socius, standing to his right.)

Socius menacingly growls, "What have you DONE, Mistress Selbi?"

Mellny longingly whispers aloud, "Mufffin museum...."

Speaking to Socius, you say, "You idiot."

Nehor says, "That was your chance to have a say. You decided to give up your say."

Xanthium nods at Thrassus.

Ordim nods in agreement at Mellny.

Ordim's stomach growls.

Speaking to Socius, you ask, "Why in the world did you put HER in charge?"

You growl at Socius.

Talinvor takes a slow, deep breath then pinches the bridge of his nose.

Selbi mockingly echoes, "Done?  Dear boy... you know what I am.  You know what I do.  The fact that things have gotten to this point are a testament to how little of the world around you you simply do not comprehend."

Xanthium glances between Socius and Naamit.

Juspera turns to face Socius.

Speaking to Socius, Sreka says, "I believe it is called embezzlement."

Nehor glances between Selbi and Socius.

Speaking to Socius, Juspera says, "It's time to do something."

Selbi squeakily hisses, "This is on YOU, Socius.  Your father would be sickened by what you have become."

Juspera shifts her weight.

Faerinn nods at Sreka.

Nehor frowns at Juspera.

Socius's face turns slightly pale.

Opalina glances at Socius.

Khobra examines Socius closely, sizing him up and taking note of all the details.

Speaking firmly to Selbi, Naamit says, "You are a compromised fraud."

Socius takes a slight step backward, his features going carefully blank.

Opalina glances at Selbi.

Thrassus pulls his hands out of the confines of his thick indigo robe's sleeves.

Thrassus looks thoughtfully at Socius.

Apsaras slowly empties her lungs.

Juspera glances uneasily at Socius.

Selbi cackles, her voice carrying a mocking note of triumph.

Thrassus leans on his staff.

Speaking pointedly to Juspera, Nehor says, "The time for action is long past, and he wasted it. It IS time to do something, and we are doing it."

(Naamit props Socius up.)

Akenna frowns at Selbi.

Nehor nods firmly.

Selbi shrilly crows, "It's OVER, you idiot!  Your funds, your plans, your guards, your town, and your Isle.  They are all OURS!"

Mellny glances expectantly between Socius and Selbi.

Mellny hums happily to herself.

You blink at Selbi.

Nehor grins smugly.

Aleid just arrived.

Ordim beams!

You slowly repeat, "Ours?"

Sarmoya bows to Aleid.

Opalina raises an eyebrow.

Lynaera raises an eyebrow in Selbi's direction.

Ceciliah raises an eyebrow.

Aleid just closed a brushed white rabbit fur capelet caught with a velvety black bow.

Selbi harshly whispers aloud, "And your only method of problem-solving has been completely rendered impotent.  You cannot strike at me, Socius."

Aleid wrinkles her nose.

Speaking to Socius, Naamit exclaims, "Man up!"

Avaia tightens her grip on her ash grey staff.

Akenna disappointedly asks, "You're one of them?"

Faerinn blinks at Selbi.

Speaking quietly to you, Traiva murmurs, "My guess is the Flock."

Ordim scowls at Socius.

Speaking to Socius, you say, "Your father was not a paragon of virtue himself, Socius."

Socius narrows his eyes, his demeanor stony.  A pair of daggers seem to materialize in his fists.

Khobra stares at Selbi.

Apsaras growls ferociously!

Closing his eyes, Ordim lowers his forehead to a small mahogany desk in a reverent gesture.

Speaking to Traiva, Sarmoya disagrees, "No. It is something else."

Socius neutrally asks, "And what exactly makes you think that, I wonder?"

Naamit quickly unties a braided vruul-hide bullwhip strung with a length of vertebrae from her belt.  A flick of her wrist sends the coils snaking sinuously along the ground at her feet.

Xanthium nods at Thrassus.

Selbi leans forward suddenly, her eyes blazing.

Ordim walks to stand behind a small mahogany desk.

Talinvor simply says, "Going to try again? Solving problems with murder."

Ordim quickly ducks to the side and out of the way.

Faerinn takes a drink from his black coffee.

Speaking sternly to Selbi, you ask, "Stop shrieking and squeaking all over the place, snack. What do you mean, 'ours'?"

Speaking quietly to Sarmoya, Traiva says, "That is why I said guess."

Selbi Reveals her True Colors and Threatens Socius' Sister

Selbi squeakily hisses, "If anything happens to me, Socius... then your sister dies."

Juspera nods at Mnar.

Faerinn walks over to the benches and settles down.

Speaking hurriedly to Socius, Akenna says, "No.  Don't... not here."

Ordim blinks.

Faerinn leans forward.

Ordim repeats, "Sister?"

Juspera glances between Socius and Selbi.

You blink.

Dhairn quietly says, "Oh my."

Nehor glances at Ordim.

Socius blanches, his mouth falling open in shock.  He reels back half a step and stows his daggers.

Nehor touches one finger to his lips.

Aleid blinks.

Ordim says, "Socius' sister shall suffer severaly should selbi succomb."

Ordim twitches, trying to control a vocal outburst, before settling into a disdained grumble while regaining composure.

Speaking to Socius, Juspera exclaims, "Wait wait wait!"

Speaking sternly to Socius, Naamit exclaims, "Man up I said!"

Sarmoya frowns.

Socius quietly stammers, "She's... already dead... and you know it!  What are you saying?"

Mellny happily exclaims, "Oy!"

Speaking to Socius, Juspera exclaims, "Don't be emotional!"

You exasperatedly say, "For Marlu's sake."

Selbi waves a hand dismissively at Socius, shooing away a small nuisance.

Khobra glances between Socius and Selbi.

Akenna confusedly asks, "She's dead?"

Dhairn removes a split-bladed ebon golvern kama from in his oiled leather case.

Dhairn removes a back-weighted glowing ebon kunai trailing a thick glaesine chain from in his black leather thigh-sheath.

Juspera glances incredulously at Mnar.

Speaking to Socius, Akenna exclaims, "Then kill her!"

Avaia takes a moment to observe Socius.

Akenna points at Selbi.

You remove a gnarled grey witchwood walking stick graven with sigils and runes from in your weapon sling.  At your touch, a number of sigils worked into its grain take on a faint luminescence.

Mnar leans to his left slightly.

You narrow your eyes.

Naamit glances expectantly at Socius.

Selbi teasingly taunts, "I'm saying your darling sister is alive and well... for the moment.  The magics upon her will only trigger if I should come to harm, Socius.  It's an old enchantment... one of your father's, in fact, though I doubt you remember it any longer, considering how often you've dipped into your inheritance."

You snarl, "I see why she wanted the meeting here."

You say, "So she was safe from US."

Juspera shifts her weight.

Aleid traces a series of glowing runes while chanting an arcane phrase...

Aleid gestures.

Ordim blinks.

Naamit looks over at Selbi and shakes her head.

Juspera nods to you.

Socius quietly whispers aloud, "Alive..."

Speaking to his tobacco leather book, Ordim says, "This is better than what was in the book..."

Dhairn nods to you.

Juspera clenches her fist.

Ordim gently closes his tobacco leather book.

Talinvor slowly empties his lungs.

Xanthium looks thoughtfully at Socius.

Ordim plops a riveted tobacco leather book into a large compartment inside the witchwood case.

Speaking disapprovingly to Akenna, Nehor says, "Such barbarity. Your answer to everything is violence. It is why you cannot understand what we are doing is BEST for this isle."

Selbi harshly reminds, "For NOW, at least, child.  Do try and focus once in a while, would you?"

Apsaras stares at Nehor.

Speaking exasperatedly to Socius, you ask, "You're seriously going to let this go, as well?"

Speaking to Nehor, Akenna says, "I know what is best for the isle, clipping the flock's wings."

You say, "She will destroy that Isle you care so much about."

Speaking to Selbi, Naamit says, "Stand down."

Socius draws himself up, his features going rigid with barely-suppressed rage.  His eyes dance with malice, but his voice comes out icy cold.

Speaking thoughtfully to Nehor, Traiva asks, "When have you ever acted in anyone's interest but your own?"

Speaking to Socius, Ordim offers, "We'll get you a job at the BUTCHER shop, where you belong!"

You say, "She's let the FLOCK into power."

Ordim scowls at Socius.

Thrassus's eyes crinkle slightly at the edges.

Khobra folds her arms over her chest.

Naamit bellows a guttural series of oaths at Ordim.

Khobra leans to her left slightly.

Speaking to Akenna, Nehor sneers, "What, so you can continue to run roughshod over the people? Oh no, my dear. It is time the people had their say."

Nehor sniffs.

Mellny gives a sidelong glance at Naamit.

Juspera glances at Nehor.

Speaking to Socius, you snarl, "She stopped our safe haven."

Mellny giggles to herself.

Juspera rolls her eyes.

You point at Selbi.

Socius coldly spits, "It matters not, in the end... my oath remains.  I will allow no harm to come to the people of my Isle.  I will stand against you, Selbi, protecting those who would fall prey to your... machinations."

Talinvor rolls his eyes.

Apsaras says, "This be outrageous."

Juspera nods.

Talinvor says, "Actually, she's probably tired of inaction."

Sreka says, "The people are not the Flock, you second-rate bard."

Juspera nods vigorously at Socius!

Selbi yawns theatrically, affecting a deep boredom.

Speaking to Socius, Ordim asks, "How far did that oath protect the Iyo?"

Khobra examines Socius closely, sizing him up and taking note of all the details.

Ordim scowls at Socius.

Traiva clenches her jaw.

Dhairn quietly says, "She's done no such thing. Power is held by the people. If she grants something or another to an unfit group, I simply... Solve... the flock."

Speaking disappointedly to Selbi, Akenna says, "This is low, I thought you were a bit more subtle and smart..."

Naamit waves at something inside a stiff black leather bag.

Dhairn stares at Nehor.

Ordim folds his arms over his chest in a display of stubborn pride, tilting his chin up slightly in defiance.

Selbi dismissively remarks, "Do what you will, child.  I have other matters which require my attention."

Naamit deftly waves a braided vruul-hide bullwhip strung with a length of vertebrae around in several wide circles above her head, then brings it down in front of her with a quick snap of her wrist.  The resounding *CRACK* that results is almost enough to hurt your ears!

Speaking to Sreka, Nehor agrees, "Not just the Flock. The Flock is not Us or Them. Many who do not wear the mask stand with us and behind us."

Nehor nods firmly.

Mellny glances at Socius.

Selbi wanders off.

Socius Begins to Explain Need for People to Declare Allegiance

Naamit says, "Listen indeed."

Socius snarls menacingly!

Ordim stares at Socius.

Khobra glances out.

Juspera shifts her weight.

Avaia looks lost in thought.

Juspera leans against a frosted glass window.

Traiva nods slowly at Faerinn.

Talinvor removes a silver-worked black leather journal from in his black suede case.

Juspera leans forward.

Akenna frowns at Socius.

Socius slowly empties his lungs.

Socius gazes heavenward.

Speaking to Socius, Naamit says, "She must be put down."

Khobra gets an odd look on her face.

Sreka sneers at Nehor.

You quietly whisper to Naamit.

Nehor scowls.

Speaking quietly to Socius, Dhairn says, "What have you done, Socius."

You quietly whisper to Naamit.

Speaking softly to Naamit, Traiva says, "Or put away."

Naamit whispers to you.

Juspera glances at Mnar.

Speaking quietly to Naamit, Socius says, "Not if my sister is at risk."

You nod at Naamit.

Speaking to Socius, Akenna asks, "Let's look at the good for a moment-- your sister is alive?"

Socius growls ferociously!

Speaking to Nehor, Sreka says, "Oh, yes, they stand so much with you that you must resort to blackmail."

Speaking to Socius, you snarl, "You halfwit."

Mnar nods at Juspera.

Avaia leans to her right slightly.

Speaking to Socius, Naamit says, "I know where you can find another."

Naamit folds her arms over her chest.

Steenk [Local]: "Pebble Bar is quiet."

Speaking to Socius, Apsaras exclaims, "This can nae be, has tae be set right!"

Speaking to Socius, you say, "You have done nothing since you stepped foot on this Isle but cause problems with your reckless decisions."

Speaking to Naamit, Ordim inquires, "Sister?"

Ordim blinks at Naamit.

Ordim asks, "How many does he have?"

Naamit chortles softly at some secret joke.

Ordim furrows his brow.

Socius looks thoughtfully at you.

Akenna sighs.

Talinvor shrugs.

Lynaera relaxes from surveying her surroundings with a Predator's Eye.

Speaking dismissively to Naamit, Nehor asks, "People...so replacable to you, arent they?"

Nehor scoffs.

Speaking to you, Socius says, "Then we should change that."

Akenna takes a slow, deep breath then pinches the bridge of her nose.

Speaking to Nehor, Naamit says, "Yes, You are quite replaceable."

You blink at Socius.

Naamit waves a hand at Nehor, dismissing him indifferently.

Akenna calmly says, "Yes, we should."

Khobra glances between Socius and yourself.

Speaking to Socius, Sreka says, "Even if your sister dies, she can be healed and resurrected."

Socius looks slowly around the room, meeting every eye in turn.

Xanthium says, "She didn't seem to be coming from a place of weakness, though..."

Juspera glances uneasily at Socius.

Talinvor glances between Socius and yourself.

Sarmoya gazes in awe at Socius.

Ordim appears to be more self-confident.

Speaking slowly to Socius, you ask, "We should change that?"

Akenna says, "That's not always true--and if I think I know Selbi, it would be a permanent sort of thing."

Naamit whispers to you.

You echo, "'We'?"

Akenna nods at Sreka.

Socius nods once to you.

Speaking thoughtfully to you, Talinvor asks, "Interesting... I thought you were inspired by his.. 'determination' and his 'ferocity'. Where has that got us so far?"

Socius says, "I cannot do this on my own.  That way leads to innefectual slaughter."

Speaking to Talinvor, you snap, "Per usual, you do not pay attention and claim you understand more than you do."

Khobra raises an eyebrow.

Speaking to Socius, Talinvor asks, "But you are so talented at that, neh?"

Speaking to Socius, Akenna says, "I'm already pledged to this place."

Nehor whispers something to Lynaera.

Avaia seems puzzled.

Speaking to Socius, Naamit says, "You have my hand and my whip."

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Socius.

Speaking to Socius, Akenna says, "You have my loyalty, sir."

Speaking softly to Socius, Lynaera says, "Avoiding a bloodbath would be wise."

Speaking to Akenna, Socius says, "You are... this would be beyond that."

Speaking to Talinvor, you say, "I have stood against Socius since he stepped foot on this isle."

Socius nods appreciatively at Naamit.

You wave a hand at Talinvor, dismissing him indifferently.

Akenna fidgets.

Speaking to Socius, Apsaras says, "Ye have me and Denhael."

Apsaras nods at Socius.

Traiva looks lost in thought.

Speaking to Socius, Sreka says, "Before you ask for help, perhaps it would be a good idea if the Flock spy was not here."

Sreka glares at Nehor.

Speaking admiringly to Naamit, Mellny offers, "An' it be a fine whip at dat."

Ordim glances at Nehor.

Speaking to Socius, Akenna says, "Phalyn and I will always help."

Socius says, "I cannot be in all places at once.  The health and safety of the residents of this town MUST come first.  But vengeance will follow close behind."

Mellny nods vigorously at Naamit!

Ordim giggles to himself.

Sreka glares at Ordim.

Juspera grins slowly.

Speaking wryly to you, Talinvor says, "Thank you for reminding everyone."

Khobra examines Socius closely, sizing him up and taking note of all the details.

Naamit nods knowingly at Mellny.

Juspera says, "And Justice."

Ordim removes a cast iron muffin tin from in his dark grey satchel.

You frown at Socius.

Ordim rubs his muffin tin.

The aroma of freshly baked muffins fills the air.

Socius nods once at Juspera.

Ordim removes a warm pumpkin spice muffin from in his muffin tin.

Mellny gives a sidelong glance at Ordim.

Speaking to Socius, Akenna says, "Then let it."

Juspera folds her arms over her chest.

Nehor mocks, "Look at all of you. Standing behind someone who has proven to be a butcher and ineffectual. The Flock will work with any, and I mean any, who wish to see the Isle and its people Flourish."

Mellny gazes hopefully at Ordim.

Dhairn quietly says, "Fine. You stay and I hunt, or I stay and you hunt."

Ordim offers Mellny a warm pumpkin spice muffin.

Dhairn nods at Socius.

Ordim winks at Mellny.

Socius turns to face Nehor.

Nehor stresses, "Action. Not words. The Flock gets things done."

Mellny beams!

Xanthium rests a gentle hand on Thrassus's arm.

Mellny accepts Ordim's pumpkin spice muffin.

Ordim removes a warm banana nut muffin from in his muffin tin.

Speaking quietly to Nehor, Socius says, "Let me ask you something, Flockmaster."

Avaia glances between Nehor and Socius.

Mellny gobbles down a big bite of her pumpkin spice muffin.

Nehor turns to face Socius.

Ordim suggests, "The time of the roblar-sized muffin draws closer!"

Ordim beams!

Speaking curtly to Socius, Nehor says, "Ask."

Ordim put a cast iron muffin tin in his dark grey satchel.

Xanthium grins at Thrassus.

Ordim briefly draws down the edges of his slate grey cowl.

Ordim takes a bite of his banana nut muffin.

Mellny giggles at Ordim.

You quietly whisper to Naamit.

You quietly whisper to Naamit.

Socius and the Flock Stand Off

Speaking quietly to Nehor, Socius asks, "I listened quite closely to Mistress Selbi.  And I did not note any protections for YOU amongst her machinations... did you?"

Nehor narrows his eyes.

Faerinn sighs.

Dhairn grins slowly.

Ordim glances nervously at Nehor.

Juspera glances skeptically at Mnar.

Xanthium looks thoughtfully at Nehor.

Faerinn rolls his eyes.

Sarmoya looks thoughtfully at Socius.

Akenna nods firmly at Naamit.

Speaking to Nehor, Traiva says, "Then I fully expect your new militia to keep my charges safe."

Naamit whispers to you.

Sreka says, "The pirate captain who once owned me also got things done. That does not mean that the things he did were good, or even desirable."

Ordim takes a few steps away from Nehor.

Ordim places his hand on his banana nut muffin.

Ceciliah glances around the room.

You nod thoughtfully at Naamit.

Nehor pushes back his crimson velvet coatee and immediately shifts into glaring at anyone around him, his nose in the air, as he settles into a proud stance.

Khobra glances at Nehor.

Ethereal bearded-dragon eels coil to life around Dhairn's arm and chest, writhing and riding hidden currents to form a chelioboros above his gesturing hand. They fade away while his voice becomes but a whisper.

Dhairn gestures.

An invisible force guides Dhairn.

Sarmoya furrows his brow.

Speaking quietly to Socius, Talinvor adds, "Which means there is no protections for you either."

Ordim narrows his eyes.

Speaking to Talinvor, Naamit says, "Ah no."

Dhairn moves to stand in front of Socius.

You quietly whisper to Naamit.

Socius looks thoughtfully at Talinvor.

Juspera ponders.

Akenna simply says, "Nehor is always expendable."

You quietly whisper to Naamit.

Naamit strides over to stand before Socius.

You hear very soft footsteps.

Ordim takes a deep breath.

Speaking to Talinvor, Naamit says, "You have me to get through."

Steenk casually observes his surroundings.

Akenna smiles meanly at Nehor.

Dhairn winks at Naamit.

Talinvor begins chuckling at Naamit!

Apsaras agrees with Akenna.

Apsaras glares at Nehor.

Naamit points her vruul-hide bullwhip at Talinvor.

Sreka agrees with Akenna.

Speaking to Talinvor, Naamit says, "Try me."

Steenk says, "I bet somebody here knows where the lockers are at."

Speaking to Socius, Nehor challenges, "You have torn me limb from limb. You have gutted me, carved my face. Killed innocents just to get at me. Yet here we stand. You an outcast, I trying to aid the people."

Talinvor glances at a silver-worked black leather journal in his hand.

Ordim glances between Talinvor and Naamit.

Nehor walks toward Socius.

Nehor glances up.

Speaking brightly to Talinvor, Mellny offers, "She have a whip."

Speaking to Nehor, Akenna asks, "Innocent?"

Speaking silkily to Mellny, Talinvor says, "Kinky."

You burst out in loud, raucous laughter at Talinvor.

Speaking softly to Socius, Nehor whispers aloud, "You do not scare me anymore, Butcher."

Akenna incredulously asks, "Who among the flock are innocent?"

Juspera squints.

Socius growls at Nehor.

Ordim raises his hand.

Nehor folds his arms over his chest.

Mellny glances dubiously between Talinvor and Naamit.

Khobra smirks at Nehor.

Mellny giggles to herself.

Traiva gently rests her hand on Akenna's shoulder.

Talinvor tucks a silver-worked black leather journal into a small pocket inside of his silver-buckled longcoat.

Akenna moves to stand behind Nehor.

Talinvor glances at Naamit and makes a little purring sound.

Xanthium touches one finger to her lips.

Dhairn quietly says, "Eh.. Ordim may be innocent."

Dhairn shrugs.

Nehor says, "I may die, but an Idea cannot be killed."

Ordim nods in agreement at Dhairn.

Ordim beams!

Dhairn chuckles.

Lynaera frowns at Akenna.

Apsaras smirks.

You snap, "Why are we even having this discussion."

Speaking menacingly to Nehor, Socius growls, "You have reason to fear, Flockmaster.  Your blood may not solve things between us... but your soul just might."

Darcena Calls for a Choice

Mellny stares at Nehor.

Mellny seems to be waiting for something.

You say, "People here need to make a choice."

Mellny fidgets.

Nehor frowns.

Ordim briefly draws down the edges of his slate grey cowl.

Ordim takes a bite of his banana nut muffin.

Socius nods once to you.

You say, "The Flock has shown themselves through their history."

Socius says, "Indeed."

Speaking to Nehor, Naamit says, "You aid none but your own pocketbook, not unlike how you defrauded Vornavis out of coin for a show that never materialized. You are a fraud."

You say, "Bringing people to the Isle to slaughter children and women."

Speaking abashedly to Nehor, Mellny says, "Oh.  Not nows."

Socius says, "Stand with me, or stand with the Flock.  But make your choices."

The guiding force leaves Dhairn.

Mellny fiddles with the edges of her pale ruby pelisse while humming a light saucy tune.

You say, "They worked with Nazhor to end the world."

Speaking curtly to you, Nehor says, "For once I agree. The she-wolf speaks wisdom..."

Akenna moves to stand behind Socius.

Dhairn joins Socius's group.

You say, "I will never stand with the Flock."

Ceciliah raises an eyebrow.

Akenna joins Socius's group.

Nehor softly admits, "Something I'd never think to have said."

Juspera moves to stand behind Socius.

Apsaras joins Socius's group.

Naamit joins Socius's group.

Opalina softly says, "This whole blame thing is kinda out of control sounds like both sides has death.. I think you two should just kiss and make up."

You join Socius.

Talinvor ponders.

Ordim's eyes wrinkle at the edges in mirth.

Aleid joins Nehor's group.

Speaking curiously to Socius, Traiva asks, "What if one stands with neither?"

Xanthium glances at Lynaera.

Ordim joins Nehor's group.

Khobra joins Socius's group.

Speaking to Traiva, Juspera exclaims, "You need to pick!"

Thrassus leans on his staff.

Speaking to Nehor, Traiva says, "And the same question to you."

Opalina places her arms akimbo and looks about as if waiting for something.

Speaking to Traiva, Talinvor teases, "You can join me."

Juspera glances at Xanthium.

Speaking to Traiva, Socius says, "Then so be it.  But move against this Isle and its inhabitants, and you take up arms against us."

Ceciliah evenly says, "I don't know enough."

Speaking dryly to Talinvor, Traiva says, "You only wish."

Mellny says, "Oy!  I stand 'eres in da middle."

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium asks, "Did you?"

Nehor says, "But yes. There will be no more...aiding and abetting of terrorists such as Socius here."

Mellny nods vigorously!

Talinvor smirks at Traiva.

Juspera nods vigorously at Mnar!

Mellny skips in a merry little circle around a series of wooden benches.

Speaking to Nehor, Traiva asks, "Your answer?"

Akenna gestures crisply and utters a practiced phrase as raw elemental energies issue forth from her dimly glowing eyes.

Akenna gestures.

Ordim briefly draws down the edges of his slate grey cowl.

Ordim takes a bite of his banana nut muffin.

Sarmoya joins Socius's group.

Xanthium smiles at Juspera.

Nehor turns to face Traiva.

Speaking quietly to Traiva, Dhairn says, "I do not stand with the militia, or any other faction of the isles. But I do know Socius is correct in this."

Speaking to Nehor, Naamit says, "The only terrorist is you and yours, Nehor."

Ceciliah frowns.

Speaking slowly to Opalina, you say, "You are clearly missing information."

You ask, "When have the Defenders caused harm?"

Opalina softly says, "Clearly."

Opalina just went through a set of wooden doors.

Sreka says, "I will not stand with one who helps blackmailers, much less wants children given into his hands."

Mellny takes a bite of her pumpkin spice muffin.

Sreka glares at Nehor.

Traiva turns an inquisitive ear toward Nehor.

Talinvor gazes thoughtfully at his silver suede gloves.

Dhairn nods at Sreka.

Talinvor clenches his fist.

Ordim briefly draws down the edges of his slate grey cowl.

Ordim takes a bite of his banana nut muffin.

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

Faerinn takes a drink from his black coffee.

Speaking simply to Traiva, Nehor says, "We will not harm any who do not directly aid those who would weaken the Isle."

Speaking to Nehor, Akenna says, "You've brought naught but death and misery to this place, all for what?  Power."

You nod once at Sreka.

Faerinn carefully places a white ceramic cup on the floor.

Faerinn stands up.

Speaking to Traiva, Nehor stresses, "We are no monsters."

Socius says, "So be it.  Flockmaster, tell your vassal that her time is coming.  And that you will be stopped."

Faerinn joins Socius's group.

Traiva joins Socius's group.

Ceciliah sighs.

Sreka joins Socius's group.

Juspera nods approvingly at Faerinn.

Speaking to Nehor, you say, "You care about one thing and that is yourself."

Ordim narrows his eyes.

Ceciliah joins Socius's group.

Juspera joins Socius's group.

Speaking cheekily to a white ceramic cup, Mellny says, "I stand wit' you."

Mnar leans to his left slightly.

Speaking coolly to Naamit, Nehor says, "We have been so before. But more stand with us than you see here."

Mnar joins Socius's group.

Mellny skips in a merry little circle around a white ceramic cup.

Ordim briefly draws down the edges of his slate grey cowl.

Ordim takes a bite of his banana nut muffin.

Avaia joins Socius's group.

Juspera smiles at Mnar.

Speaking to Nehor, you say, "Do not even think to condescend to me about helping the people."

Nehor strikes a noble, proud pose, throwing his crimson velvet coatee back and staring off into the distance.

Speaking to Nehor, Akenna says, "Congratulations, on robbing another town of its hard earned silver."

Speaking to Nehor, Naamit says, "Of course, because you live in the shadows like the fraud you are."

Xanthium frowns.

You nod.

Socius glances at Naamit.

Akenna scowls.

Speaking to Socius, Naamit says, "Let us deal with this."

Thrassus leans softly against Xanthium.

Juspera beckons Xanthium closer with a slow curl of her forefinger.

Speaking angrily to Nehor, you purr, "Do tell us about those who stand with you."

Steenk rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Akenna thrusts her chest out, angrily folding her arms over it.

Speaking to Nehor, you snarl, "Let me catch a scent."

Xanthium rests a gentle hand on Thrassus's arm.

Nehor scoffs at you.

Sreka whispers something to you.

Ordim rocks back on his heels.

Ordim giggles.

Speaking quietly to Naamit, Socius murmurs, "The funds that Selbi stole have been replaced, from my own pocket.  The project proceeds apace."

You say, "I don't see the baker standing with you anymore, Nehor."

You smirk at Nehor.

Speaking to Socius, Naamit says, "You have our thanks."

Ordim surveys the area.

Juspera is admiring Socius.

Mellny gives a sidelong glance at Socius.

Speaking crisply to you, Nehor says, "Words are wasted on fools. Socius and his ilk may prattle. We have things to accomplish."

Speaking to Socius, Juspera says, "I admire your resolve and your generosity."

You make a horrendous warthog-like noise.

Speaking to Nehor, Socius asks, "Begone from here, Nehor.  And do carry a message, if you will?"

Juspera glances incredulously at Xanthium.

Nehor scowls.

Speaking to Nehor, Akenna says, "You know I saw him accomplish putting you in your place."

>group

Socius, Sreka, Mnar, Juspera, Sarmoya, Avaia, Dhairn, Traiva, Khobra, Apsaras, Akenna, Ceciliah, Faerinn, and Naamit are also members of your group.

Akenna offers Nehor an exaggerated smile, making her dark blue-green eyes as large as possible.

Speaking to Socius, Nehor says, "Speak and you shall be heard."

Speaking casually to Nehor, Socius says, "Tell Selbi that I'm taking my office back."

Speaking to Nehor, Ordim suggests, "He can't kick us out of Selbi's office."

Nehor ominously threatens, "We are always listening."

Ordim furrows his brow.

Nehor turns around.

You burst out in loud, raucous laughter.

Ordim folds his arms over his chest in a display of stubborn pride, tilting his chin up slightly in defiance.

Flockmaster Nehor's group just went out.

Speaking to Socius, you say, "The advisor's chair better be closer this time, Socius."

Xanthium glances out.

Naamit scoffs.

You smirk at Socius.

Lynaera gazes out.

Xanthium nods at Thrassus.

Thrassus gazes thoughtfully at a set of wooden doors.

Mellny says, "Oy!  I guess I have ta stands wit' you since dey all left."

Xanthium stares at Thrassus.

Mellny shrugs.

Thrassus clasps Xanthium's hand tenderly.

Sreka says, "Thought he'd never leave."

Mellny joins Socius's group.

Talinvor curiously asks, "Then are we to take over Greth's?"

Lynaera quietly murmurs, "A curious development."

Sreka slowly empties her lungs.

Khobra leans to her right slightly.

Naamit says, "Even now they stand up your missive."

Naamit places her hand on her hourglass girdle.

Naamit shifts her weight.

Sarmoya asks, "Does anyone know where Selbi went?"

Speaking pleasantly to Socius, Traiva asks, "May I offer some decorating advice?"

Apsaras exclaims, "There be more than ye so be callin' Flock, ware the skies!"

Juspera blinks at Traiva.

Faerinn asks, "So just how above the law is the Administrator position?"

Socius Speaks to Those Who Stood With Him

Socius whispers to the group, "You have my thanks, all."

Steenk fidgets.

Speaking quietly to Socius, Dhairn says, "In fact, it would probably go a long way if you stated some vows this very night."

Akenna nods once at Socius.

Juspera curtsies to Socius.

Khobra nods slowly at Socius.

Socius looks thoughtfully at Dhairn.

Speaking quietly to Juspera, Traiva says, "What? It is important to think on.."

Apsaras nods at Socius.

Naamit whispers to the group, "You'd be better off slaying the lot of them. But in the meantime, we will root them out whereever they lie."

Juspera bites her lip.

Speaking to Dhairn, Socius says, "I swore an oath long ago to protect the residents of this Isle.  I will maintain that oath."

Traiva whispers something to Juspera.

Traiva flashes a quick grin.

Faerinn muses, "I don't know the statutes off hand, but that's embezzlement, fraud."

Xanthium glances at Lynaera.

Juspera blinks at Traiva.

Socius adds, "And I will have Selbi's head."

Naamit nods approvingly.

Mellny lets out a cheer!

Mellny clasps her hand over her mouth.

Lynaera raises an eyebrow.

Steenk takes a drink from his spiked coffee.

Steenk looks rather relaxed.

You nod at Faerinn.

Dhairn quietly says, "I was more referring to the vows of your own forethought and patience."

Apsaras says, "An I did a pledgin' tae protect and I nae be breakin' any pledgin'."

Juspera grins slowly at Socius.

Apsaras raises her fist defiantly.

Speaking to Faerinn, you say, "I hope you intend to look into it."

Dhairn quietly asks, "As opposed to a repeat... performance?"

Sreka says, "Assume that the children that he wants in an orphanage would be either hostages or slave-soldiers."

(Faerinn continues counting on fingers.)

Xanthium nods at Lynaera.

Faerinn nods to you.

Relic Hunter Ordim just arrived.

Speaking to Talinvor, you ask, "Still here?"

Ordim ponders.

You smirk at Talinvor.

Ordim joins Talinvor's group.

Talinvor scoffs at Sreka.

Xanthium slowly empties her lungs.

Juspera can offer Traiva only a blank expression.

Traiva looks at Juspera and hums.

[Hale Hall, Selbi's Office]
Stark and utilitarian, this room still carries the slightest hint of fresh paint.  The walls are a neutral beige color, and the carpet underneath is only the barest shade darker.  Unobtrosive candleabras are placed in each corner, and their combined light illuminates all four corners evenly.  A series of wooden benches are arranged neatly in angled rows, each facing a small mahogany desk which sits directly beneath a frosted glass window.  You also see a white ceramic cup.
Also here: Relic Hunter Ordim, Steenk, Socius, Lord Thrassus, Sreka, Mnar, Juspera, High Lord Sarmoya, Avaia, Dhairn, Chatelaine Traiva, Mellny, Mistress Khobra, Apsaras, Xanthium, Lady in Waiting Lynaera, High Lord Talinvor, Defender of Mist Harbor Akenna, Ceciliah, Lord Faerinn, Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit
Obvious exits: out

Thrassus nods at Xanthium.

You give a sidelong glance at Lynaera.

Naamit folds her arms over her chest.

Sreka asks, "Ordim, why didn't you go with him?"

Akenna says, "I wish I had some badges.."

She smells just like Lynaera.

Akenna frowns.

Socius says, "I shall fight to win, not merely to fight.  When this fight ends, it must end."

Speaking to you, Talinvor says, "So are you."

You nod slowly.

Sreka peers quizzically at Ordim.

Mnar rubs Xanthium gently.

mychar: Darcena memorizes Lynaera's scent.

Apsaras says, "And future tools once indocterinated."

Dhairn points at Socius.

Lynaera smiles at you.

Naamit nods in agreement at Socius.

Dhairn quietly says, "Now that's a vow."

Faerinn mutters, "Maybe a larceny. Definitely corruption. Black mailing who should now be a private citizen..."

Speaking to Sreka, Ordim confirms, "The Flock is about protection, not random violence."

Khobra examines Socius closely, sizing him up and taking note of all the details.

Ordim furrows his brow.

Ordim shakes his head at Sreka and clucks his tongue.

Socius slowly empties his lungs.

Apsaras smirks.

(Juspera gazes at Socius with a look of unadulterated admiration.)

Lynaera leans over and whispers something to you.

Faerinn says, "Magical malfeasence."

Speaking to Socius, Naamit says, "We will see you to that end."

Socius States He's Being Hunted

Socius says, "I am still hunted, and must remain somewhat out of sight."

Akenna nods at Socius.

Speaking to Socius, Ordim agrees, "In your cave."

Speaking to Ordim, Sreka says, "Protecting who, of course, is the question."

Apsaras nods at Socius.

Socius glances at Ordim.

Sarmoya whispers to the group, "Perhaps we should move to another location."

Speaking to Sreka, Ordim says, "The ones who can't protect themselves."

Talinvor smirks.

You quietly whisper to Lynaera.

Xanthium says, "I hear this Island has no end of safe shelters."

Ordim says, "Like the children."

Speaking to Ordim, Socius says, "You are welcome to visit me there, should you feel the need."

Sreka whispers to the group, "I agree."

(Ceciliah irritably flicks a piece of lint off her robes.)

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Socius.

Speaking curiously to Socius, Lynaera inquires, "Who hunts you?"

Xanthium surveys the area.

Speaking to Socius, Ordim inquires, "Do you have any muffins?"

Speaking shortly to Socius, you ask, "Hunted by whom?"

Juspera shifts her weight.

Ordim rocks back on his heels.

Dhairn quietly says, "Appoint a director in your stead. Let them be your voice of organization. And make sure their name does not start with a "Selbi"."

Dhairn folds his arms over his chest.

Khobra glances between Ordim and Socius.

Juspera blinks at Xanthium.

Traiva says, "Or a "Dhairn"."

Naamit says, "The shade."

Dhairn quietly says, "Or a Dhairn."

Dhairn nods.

Socius says, "The Flock has many resources that operate from the shadows... assassins have hunted me for months."

You nod slowly at Dhairn.

Lynaera whispers something to you.

Ordim rolls his eyes.

Mellny cheerfully offers, "An' not anyone too talls."

Ceciliah says, "I assume they would operate in the open as well."

Dhairn begins chuckling at Mellny!

Ordim exclaims, "Everyone knows there is only one inept assassin on this island!"

Ordim scowls.

Sreka says, "I really think that we should talk about this away from the Flock's ears."

You give a sidelong glance at Lynaera.

Naamit whispers to the group, "I know a place we can meet."

Akenna sourly says, "Yet they are taking our hard-earned silver."

Ceciliah says, "If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...it's a duck."

Traiva gently rests her hand on Akenna's shoulder.

You listen carefully to Naamit.

Naamit whispers to the group, "It was a former site of resonance."

Dhairn quietly says, "Better yet..."

Steenk says, "Moo."

(Akenna kicks at the floor with her boot.)

Socius nods approvingly at Naamit.

Ceciliah glances around the room.

Dhairn quietly says, "Do not choose one. Those who follow you will grant you one."

Thrassus nods at Xanthium.

Speaking to Socius, Juspera says, "We will root them out and hang them from the... you don't have any barbicans here, do you."

Juspera bites her lip.

Socius whispers to the group, "I shall prepare it for us, so that none may enter who have not sided with us."

Talinvor squints at Juspera.

Ordim blinks.

Khobra folds her arms over her chest.

Khobra casually observes her surroundings.

Naamit whispers to the group, "Perfect."

Speaking to Talinvor, Ordim says, "Always with the killing."

Ordim's eyes crease slightly downward.

Ordim furrows his brow.

You whisper, "Clearly, disappointingly, Greth will serve anyone." to your group.

Speaking amusedly to Ordim, Talinvor asks, "Right?"

Ordim shakes his head, clucking his tongue.

You whisper, "I suppose this is the best we can do." to your group.

Socius whispers to the group, "For now, I must go.  I have workmen to set back to work.  I shall be in touch soon.  You all have my gratitude."

Steenk carefully pours a little bit of reddish brown liquid from his spiked coffee into the ceramic cup.

Xanthium gives a sidelong glance at Juspera.

Ordim says, "THe band of butchers."

Ordim sighs.

Traiva nods slowly at Socius.

Speaking amusedly to Ordim, Talinvor asks, "And they call us evil?"

Naamit whispers to the group, "You have ours as well, friend."

Akenna nods once at Socius.

Talinvor waves his hand in a dismissive gesture.

Ordim shrugs at Talinvor.

Khobra nods once at Socius.

Speaking to Talinvor, Ordim confirms, "I'm an Ordim."

Ordim nods.

Socius disbands his group.

You glance sharply at Socius.

Apsaras nods at Socius.

Steenk gazes up into the sky.

Talinvor agreeably says, "You're certainly that."

Speaking to Socius, Ordim suggests, "Don't you all need to go sharpen you're knives or something?"

Talinvor nods at Ordim.

Ordim furrows his brow.

Steenk scans his surroundings with a puzzled look on his face.

Apsaras glances at Ordim.

Flockmaster Nehor just arrived.

Speaking to Ordim, Naamit says, "I didn't hear you, your mouth was full."

Juspera glances uneasily at Lynaera.

Ordim surveys the area.

Nehor sniffs.

Naamit is Attacked

An enruned crimson dart hurtles through the air and pierces Naamit's shoulder, running completely through before falling inert to the floor

Ordim glances down.

Juspera gasps.

Naamit falls over.

Akenna frowns.

Sarmoya scowls.

Juspera ducks her head.

Traiva exclaims, "Naamit!"

Nehor glances down.

Faerinn pulls Naamit to her feet.

You blink at Naamit.

Xanthium glances at Naamit.

Steenk stares at Naamit.

Apsaras frowns.

Lynaera frowns at Naamit.

You take a moment to observe everything you can about Naamit.

Mnar tilts his head down.

You boldly stride over to stand before Naamit.

Ceciliah spits out a muttered curse.

Talinvor glances between Naamit and Socius.

Ordim shakes his head, clucking his tongue.

Traiva begins a careful examination of Naamit -- she takes her pulse, checks her temperature, and checks for broken bones or any other ailments.

Faerinn offers Naamit a sparkling flask of spring water.

Talinvor grins slowly.

Mellny gawks at Naamit.

You start a careful diagnosis of her condition . . .

She has a medium left arm injury, a minor chest scar, and a minor back scar.

Bleeding:

Area         Health per Round         Bandaged         Can Tend?         Tend Time

Left arm             1                   No               Yes                3s   

Roundtime: 5 sec.

Juspera surveys the area.

Xanthium smiles quietly to herself.

Akenna frowns.

Thrassus looks thoughtfully at Naamit.

A feminine voice from nearby cries out, "Promises made should be kept!"  As the last syllable drifts through the air, there's a sudden bright blue light suffusing the area, and then a small popping noise as the light disappears once more.

Naamit shudders.

Mnar gestures while summoning the spirits of nature to his aid...

Mnar gestures.

A sudden burst of bright light emanates from Mnar's hand!

Juspera asks, "What?"

Speaking quietly to Ordim, Dhairn says, "Before this culminates in resolution, you will find yourself on the right side of things."

Socius's jaw drops.

Mellny blurts, "Poor water on hers!"

Dhairn nods at Ordim.

Akenna gestures crisply and utters a practiced phrase as raw elemental energies issue forth from her dimly glowing eyes.

Akenna gestures.

Akenna appears to be keenly aware of her surroundings.

Speaking to Naamit, Juspera asks, "What did you promise??"

Speaking to Naamit, Faerinn says, "Hurry drink this."

Akenna growls something vile beneath her breath.

Speaking to Naamit, Ceciliah says, "I can heal somewhat."

(Darcena snarls and her eyes seem to flash green for a moment.)

Sarmoya says, "We have heard this before."

Thrassus gestures crisply and utters a practiced phrase as raw elemental energies issue forth from his dimly glowing eyes.

Speaking thoughtfully to Socius, Talinvor says, "Interesting your.. guard is down."

Apsaras growls ferociously!

Ceciliah kneels down.

Speaking to Naamit, you say, "You're bleeding."

Thrassus gestures at Naamit.

Water sprays forth and scours Naamit clean!

A large splash of water drenches Naamit from head to toe!

Speaking to Naamit, Traiva hisses, "Let me heal you."

Ordim turns to face Socius.

Traiva says, "Or Darcena."

Steenk gestures while summoning the spirits of nature to his aid...

Steenk gestures.

A sudden burst of bright light emanates from Steenk's hand!

Mellny nods vigorously at Thrassus!

Lynaera gazes in wonder at her surroundings.

Sreka bares her teeth and barks a warning that tapers off into a low growl.

Nehor stares at Socius, tapping his foot impatiently as he waits.

Damp trickles of water drip from the ends of Naamit's hair.

Khobra leans to her right slightly.

Akenna scowls.

You feel your eye drawn to the dart, and as you watch, it seems to flicker in place, jumping slightly from one location to the next, and then back again.  As it does, your stomach curls into an uncomfortable knot before releasing with a slight wave of nausea. (Editor's note: personal message)

Akenna kneels down.

Naamit painfully says, "I will suffer through this wound."

Traiva stares at Naamit.

Ordim nervously giggles.

Faerinn glares at Naamit.

A drop of water slides down the tip of Naamit's nose and plops with a "Plonk!" to the ground.

Juspera rolls her eyes.

Ceciliah nods at Naamit.

The dart twitches slightly in place, clattering against the floor, but the echoes of the sound are discordant and weirdly modulated.

Ceciliah stands up.

Speaking to Naamit, Xanthium says, "You've had worse.  And done far worse."

Juspera shifts her weight.

Speaking simply to Socius, Nehor says, "Well? Your people are in danger. And there you stand. Doing...nothing."

Xanthium frowns at Naamit.

Ordim says, "Dangerous darts damage delicate damsels demenours."

Speaking to Naamit, Faerinn exclaims, "At least treat the poison!"

Ordim twitches, trying to control a vocal outburst, before settling into a disdained grumble while regaining composure.

Thrassus gestures crisply and utters a practiced phrase as raw elemental energies issue forth from his dimly glowing eyes.

Thick runnels of water dribble down Naamit's face and pool around her collar bone.You lean close to the dart and inhale.  You recoil slightly at the sharp smell of copper blended with undertones of something vaguely resembling citrus.

Thrassus gestures at an enruned crimson dart.

Speaking harshly to Naamit, Xanthium says, "Choke on it."

Juspera glances at Mnar.

Traiva begins a careful examination of Naamit -- she takes her pulse, checks her temperature, and checks for broken bones or any other ailments.

Xanthium folds her arms over her chest.

Thrassus squints at an enruned crimson dart.

Speaking to Naamit, Faerinn says, "Keep the dart as a souvenir."

Speaking to Naamit, Steenk asks, "Did that dart break your arm?"

Lynaera leans close to the dart and inhales, then recoils slightly.

Faerinn offers Naamit a sparkling flask of spring water.

An extremely sharp, yet hollow, tip adorns this sleek dart.  The body of the projectile is a deep ebony wood of some sort, and covered almost entirely with crimson runes of an unfamiliar origin.

Naamit leans close to the dart and inhales, then recoils slightly.

Naamit declines Faerinn's offer.

Water drips from Naamit's soaking wet cloak.

Lynaera nudges the dart with one finger.  The runes along the length of it flare slightly at the touch, but then recede as she withdraws her hand.

Juspera asks, "Does it smell like the others?"

Traiva begins to twitch her wings as she glances at Naamit.

Juspera looks over at Mnar and shakes her head.

You quietly muse, "Same dart. Same poison."

Naamit says, "Yes it does."

Juspera nods to you.

Sarmoya says, "This appears to be the same dart that struck Selbi."

Faerinn leans close to the dart and inhales, then recoils slightly.

Lynaera says, "It is alike the others."

Ceciliah leans close to the dart and inhales, then recoils slightly.

Talinvor leans close to the dart and inhales, then recoils slightly.

Apsaras glances at Ordim.

Naamit casts an appraising gaze over her surroundings, seemingly taking in every detail.

Akenna sniffs.

Speaking brightly to Naamit, Mellny inquires, "What promises you make?"

You say, "Different light."

Talinvor nods once at Ordim.

Akenna stands up.

Ordim narrows his eyes.

Faerinn says, "Same poison."

Drops of water fall from Naamit's fingertips.

Thrassus says, "Nothing unusual about its aura."

Thrassus shrugs.

Naamit trembles.

Juspera fidgets.

Akenna frowns.

Aleid just arrived.

Akenna exclaims, "Water!"

You nudge the dart with one finger and note how light it seems, as if it were completely hollow.  The runes flare slightly at your touch, but recede once more as you withdraw your hand.

Ceciliah inclines her ear, listening intently.

Naamit moves to a kneeling position.

Akenna says, "Someone get water."

Ordim picks up a white ceramic cup.

Dhairn narrows his eyes.

Ordim's face furrows in concentration as he stammers out a magical chant...

Naamit shivers.

Ordim gestures at a white ceramic cup.

Ordim hurls a stream of water at a white ceramic cup!

The water scours the ceramic cup clean.

Talinvor smiles at Aleid.

Akenna says, "We need to wash out the wound."

Speaking to Akenna, Faerinn says, "Its been in my hand the whole time. She won't."

Ordim drops a white ceramic cup.

Ordim gazes thoughtfully at a white ceramic cup.

Akenna blinks.

Water drips from Naamit's chopines, gathering in damp pools around her feet.

Speaking to Naamit, Steenk says, "Your fingers are sweating."

Aleid stares off into space.

(Juspera begins casing the entire room, looking behind the desk, under the benches, out the window, even lifting up the corner of the carpet.)

Ordim shrugs.

Xanthium says, "Maybe the Messenger is just delivering that alone.  A public display of someone going back on what they shouldn't."

Akenna blushes a rosy pink shade at Faerinn.

Juspera fidgets.

You say, "Thrassus doused her pretty good."

Dhairn quietly says, "Hey you in the shadows.. you missed me."

Dhairn smirks as a haughty expression flits across his face.

Naamit unhelpfully grumbles, "I will suffer through it."

Ceciliah suddenly stumbles for no apparent reason.

Juspera glances at Mnar.

Naamit carefully coils up a braided vruul-hide bullwhip strung with a length of vertebrae and ties it to her belt.

Ordim's stomach growls.

You carefully rub the volcanic ash and soot off your person.

Faerinn rolls his eyes at Naamit.

You sniff.

Sreka taps an enruned crimson dart.

Traiva stares at Naamit.

Akenna leans close to the dart and inhales, then recoils slightly.

Ceciliah asks, "Did, everyone feel that?"

Thrassus glances at you.

Naamit clutches her arm in obvious pain.

Speaking to Naamit, Juspera shouts, "You need to tell us what you know! Why did they shoot you??"

You look at Ceciliah and shake your head.

Akenna says, "Same thing."

Dhairn winces.

Naamit stands up.

Ceciliah says, "The laughter...."

Speaking to Thrassus, you ask, "What?"

Speaking to Ceciliah, Sarmoya asks, "Did everyone feel what?"

Ceciliah covers her ears.

Akenna nudges the dart with one finger.  The runes along the length of it flare slightly at the touch, but then recede as she withdraws her hand.

Speaking to Naamit, Xanthium says, "You're being asked to confess."

Faerinn pours some of the contents of his flask of spring water on the dart.  The clear liquid quickly evaporates.

Juspera glances sharply at Ceciliah.

Speaking to Ceciliah, you say, "I hear nothing."

Socius kneels beside Naamit, his gaze intent.

Avaia cocks her head at Ceciliah.

Juspera nods at Xanthium.

Thrassus looks over at you and shakes his head.

Juspera settles her gaze on Naamit, watching her intently.

Sreka says, "I did..."

You say, "Clearly she is capable of targeting things."

Speaking to Naamit, Socius asks, "Are you well, Mistress?"

Dhairn takes a deep breath, blinking a couple of times before resuming a calm expression.

Talinvor is admiring Naamit.

Speaking to Ceciliah, Apsaras says, "Be hearin' nae thing."

Xanthium shakes her head.

Ceciliah says, "Time, the dart is part of past time."

Talinvor distractedly says, "Curious."

Sreka nods at Ceciliah.

Ceciliah sits down.

Speaking to Socius, Traiva says, "She is not, and frustratingly stubborn."

Speaking to Socius, Faerinn says, "She could be."

A series of indigo lines suddenly appears on Dhairn's face, quickly racing towards the center of his forehead before detaching and dissipating in the air.

Faerinn offers Socius a sparkling flask of spring water.

Socius accepts Faerinn's flask of spring water.

Speaking weakly to Socius, Naamit says, "I will.... I willl..."

Akenna gestures crisply and utters a practiced phrase as raw elemental energies issue forth from her dimly glowing eyes.

Akenna gestures.

Akenna appears to be keenly aware of her surroundings.

Naamit swoons.

Ordim squints at Naamit.

Socius nods appreciatively at Faerinn.

Khobra leans to her left slightly.

Akenna whispers to you.

Sarmoya says, "The runes on the dart seem to affect those who look at it."

You say, "We've been assuming, Naamit..."

Faerinn works his way out of a dark crimson velvet atanika trimmed with pale ermine, revealing some veil iron double chain underneath.

Juspera glances at Sarmoya.

Naamit trembles.

Faerinn works his way out of some veil iron double chain.

Speaking to Sarmoya, Juspera asks, "What do you mean?"

Speaking to Aleid, Ordim whispers aloud, "Now THAT is acting."

Socius swears under his breath, then douses the wound thoroughly with water.

Ordim nods in agreement at Aleid.

You say, "We've been assuming that this person was from an obligation in the past."

Thrassus prods an enruned crimson dart with the tip of his finger.

Talinvor nods in agreement at Ordim.

Aleid grumbles.

Faerinn put a dark crimson velvet atanika trimmed with pale ermine in his ebon longcoat.

Speaking to Naamit, you ask, "What if it is an obligation from the future?"

Thrassus squints at an enruned crimson dart.

Ceciliah says, "I heard laughter as I gazed at the dart."

Naamit gazes dazedly at her surroundings.

Speaking to Juspera, Sarmoya says, "I was struck with nausea a moment ago."

Talinvor turns toward Naamit and draws his hands together in a slow, deliberate clap.

Juspera nods slowly to you.

Xanthium gives a sidelong glance at Faerinn.

Juspera frowns at Sarmoya.

(Faerinn wraps his hands in veil iron chains.)

Speaking to Sarmoya, Juspera says, "I had that on Restday."

Speaking to Ceciliah, Steenk asks, "A historical relic?"

Dhairn examines his fingernails.

Tatria just arrived.

Speaking to Ceciliah, Sreka says, "Me too."

Ceciliah says, "And it felt like I could chase it forever."

Speaking to an enruned crimson dart, Faerinn asks, "Can you teleport through this?"

Ceciliah nods at Sreka.

Socius flushes the wound some more, and a light grey tinge can be seen as the liquid exits the wound site.

Naamit confusedly babbles, "Oblig..Obliga?"

Xanthium nods slowly at Faerinn.

Akenna whispers to you.

Thrassus asks, "Has anyone tried dispelling it?"

Speaking to Juspera, Sarmoya asks, "It happened while you were looking at it?"

Faerinn leans against an enruned crimson dart.

Apsaras points at an enruned crimson dart.

Speaking admiringly to Faerinn, Xanthium says, "Very clever."

Traiva kneels down.

Heavy droplets of sweat drip from Naamit's brow.

Akenna nods at Apsaras.

Dhairn frowns.

Speaking to Sreka, Ceciliah says, "My stomach."

Traiva begins a careful examination of Naamit -- she takes her pulse, checks her temperature, and checks for broken bones or any other ailments.

Ethereal bearded-dragon eels coil to life around Dhairn's arm and chest, writhing and riding hidden currents to form a chelioboros above his gesturing hand. They fade away while his voice becomes but a whisper.

Ceciliah frowns.

Dhairn gestures at Naamit.

Naamit's skin looks healthier.

You ponder the meaning of Akenna's existence.

Ethereal bearded-dragon eels coil to life around Dhairn's arm and chest, writhing and riding hidden currents to form a chelioboros above his gesturing hand. They fade away while his voice becomes but a whisper.

Dhairn gestures at Naamit.

Naamit's skin takes on a more pinkish tint.

Sreka says, "I'm dizzy."

Thrassus gestures crisply and utters a practiced phrase as raw elemental energies issue forth from his dimly glowing eyes.

Socius nods once at Naamit.

Juspera fidgets.

Ceciliah agrees with Sreka.

Naamit closes her eyes for a moment.

(Lynaera inspects an area of space right next to the dart, prodding the floor.)

Apsaras nods slowly.

(Faerinn attempts wrapping the dart entirely in veil iron chains and puts all his weight on it.)

Naamit has the blended scent of almond oil and plum blossom bathing her skin in delicate redolence.  Deeper cinnamon amber base notes arise from the initial sweetness with traces of fire and spice.

You take a quick appraisal of Naamit and find that she has a fractured and bleeding left arm.

She has an old battle scar across her chest and an old battle scar across her back.

She is bleeding slightly from the left arm.

Thrassus gestures at an enruned crimson dart.

Nothing happens.

(Sreka looks woozy.)

Faerinn leans against an enruned crimson dart.

Juspera looks thoughtfully at Faerinn.

Akenna whispers to you.

You glance suspiciously at Lynaera.

Steenk stamps his way around an enruned crimson dart!

Speaking quietly to Naamit, Socius mutters, "You're stronger than this.  On your feet, friend."

Xanthium casts an appraising gaze over her surroundings, seemingly taking in every detail.

Akenna touches Sreka.

Naamit crawls around a bit on her hands and knees.

You quietly whisper to Akenna.

Dhairn concentrates deeply for a moment.

Tatria looks at Naamit with concern.

Speaking to Sreka, Akenna asks, "Are you alright?"

Speaking sharply to Naamit, you ask, "When did you work with Selbi?"

Traiva stands up.

Ceciliah says, "They are bending time."

Traiva begins a careful examination of Sreka -- she takes her pulse, checks her temperature, and checks for broken bones or any other ailments.

You ask, "Or with whom did you both work?"

Juspera dismissively says, "I'm sure she'll be fine."

Akenna whispers to you.

Xanthium says, "Perhaps Song of Noise might disrupt it's trajectory.  Otherwise it'll be collected soon."

Speaking to you, Lynaera explains, "I saw two darts. Not one."

Naamit mumbles, "Stro...sel?"

(Ceciliah groans slightly.)

Naamit moves to a kneeling position.

Sreka nods at Akenna.

Juspera glances at Lynaera.

The dart begins to pulse in place.

Dhairn quietly says, "She's a child.""

Ordim glances at an enruned crimson dart.

Speaking to Lynaera, Juspera asks, "What?"

Sreka says, "I think so."

Faerinn begins a musical chant...

Tatria glances at an enruned crimson dart.

Apsaras glances at an enruned crimson dart.

Xanthium stares at Naamit.

Ordim takes a few steps away from an enruned crimson dart.

Talinvor glances between Naamit and an enruned crimson dart.

Ordim furrows his brow.

Faerinn begins a musical chant...

Faerinn sings a melody.

Dhairn quietly says, "Feeble minded."

Speaking to Ceciliah, Sarmoya asks, "Are you well?"

Mellny glances expectantly at an enruned crimson dart.

Speaking to an enruned crimson dart, Faerinn says, "Stay with me friend."

Naamit gazes dazedly at an enruned crimson dart.

Speaking to Naamit, Xanthium asks, "Strosel...?"

Speaking to Sreka, Ceciliah says, "Did you get that? Past..."

You blink at Lynaera.

Tatria peers quizzically at Dhairn.

Faerinn changes his tune, adding a new element to his song...

Faerinn skillfully begins to weave another verse into his harmony.

In response to the piercing, shrill tones of Faerinn's song, the normal flow of mana and magic seems to become disrupted.

Sreka nods at Ceciliah.

Steenk glances between an enruned crimson dart and a murky mug of spiked coffee.

Mnar kisses Juspera tenderly on the cheek.

Speaking quietly to himself, Thrassus says, "Odd..."Faerinn leans against an enruned crimson dart.

Speaking to you, Lynaera says, "The second has faded away from my sight."

Mnar bows.

Juspera kisses Mnar tenderly on the cheek.

You hear very soft footsteps.

Akenna whispers to you.

Ceciliah slowly empties her lungs.

Juspera shifts her weight.

Naamit slowly mutters, "Darrr..."

Thrassus squints at an enruned crimson dart.

The dart pulses twice, red runes along its length accompanied by a noticeable thump noise with each pulse.

Naamit inhales sharply, hissing through her teeth.

You quietly whisper to Akenna.

You ask, "Cena?"

You peer quizzically at Naamit.

Juspera moves to stand behind Socius.

Xanthium glances at Faerinn.

Naamit slowly and deliberately pounds one of her fists into the other.

You concentrate to maintain your sanity amid all the noise.

Akenna whispers to you.

Tatria says, "Dart like heart beating."

Speaking to you, Traiva asks, "Can you not heal her..?"

Akenna winces.

Talinvor furrows his brow.

Traiva clenches her jaw.

Naamit makes a low, rumbling sound deep in her throat.

Appearing lost in the commotion around him, Ordim's eyes slowly begin to cross as he stares off into the distance.  Abruptly, Ordim shakes his head, and his eyes focus forward.

Apsaras frowns at an enruned crimson dart.

You sharply say, "She does not want it."

Ceciliah passes a hand over her rosy face.

Lynaera's face turns slightly pale.

Sreka wrings her hands.

Steenk furrows his brow.

Avaia narrows her eyes.

The dart rises up from the floor slowly, pulsing slowly, but each pulse gaining magnitude.

(Faerinn puts his weight into his legs putting the all his body weight around the dart.)

Juspera says, "Yeah because she's a dirty Mul --"

Traiva stares at Naamit.

Naamit tilts her head up.

Juspera bites her lip.

Mellny gawks at an enruned crimson dart.

You say, "We all talk to our patrons in our own way."

Talinvor glances at a set of wooden doors.

You nod once at Juspera.

Thrassus gestures crisply and utters a practiced phrase as raw elemental energies issue forth from his dimly glowing eyes.

Dhairn quietly says, "It's coming again."

Ordim quickly ducks to the side and out of the way.

Ceciliah asks, "Does anyone have water, please?"

Akenna takes a few graceful steps backward.

Naamit points at an enruned crimson dart.

Thrassus gestures at an enruned crimson dart.

Nothing happens.

Dhairn clenches his fists and gazes at an enruned crimson dart longingly.

Steenk narrows his eyes.

Xanthium scowls at Juspera.

You stop for a moment to shield your ears from the irritating noise.

Dhairn stands in front of an enruned crimson dart.

Aleid moves to stand in front of Nehor.

Talinvor covers his ears.

Ceciliah covers her ears.

Ordim covers his ears.

(Faerinn is keeping it all covered in veil iron.)

Steenk covers his ears.

Traiva slowly empties her lungs.

You say, "Oh dear.... It better not explode."

Lifting first one foot and then another, Nehor slowly backpedals.

Tatria moves to stand behind Dhairn.

Speaking to an enruned crimson dart, Mellny blurts, "It weren't me!  Whatever it were!"

Akenna covers her ears.

You take a moment to observe everything you can about an enruned crimson dart.

Avaia closes her eyes for a moment.

Aleid narrows her eyes.

Naamit glances between Nehor and an enruned crimson dart.

Sreka covers her imflass earring with her hand.

Akenna loudly asks, "Is that the dart?"

Sarmoya says, "It will disappear in a moment."

Juspera looks over at Ceciliah and shakes her head.

Naamit stands up.

Thrassus says, "I am attempting to dispel the enchantment upon it."

Traiva nods slowly at Sarmoya.

Naamit hisses.

Ordim trembles.

You scream, "What is that noise?"

Faerinn leans against an enruned crimson dart.

Juspera blinks at you.

Thrassus turns an ear toward an enruned crimson dart.

Juspera says, "Uh..."

Tatria covers her ears.

Xanthium frowns at Juspera.

The dart flares suddenly, suffusing the entire area in crimson light!  When the light fades, the dart is no more.

Traiva closes her eyes for a moment.

Juspera slowly empties her lungs.

Ceciliah covers her eyes with her hands.

Faerinn falls over.

Steenk covers his eyes with his hands.

Khobra sighs.

Ordim rubs his deep heliotrope eyes.

Nehor rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Faerinn stops singing.

The cacophony of sound finally passes away from the area.

Juspera glances at Faerinn.

Speaking to Faerinn, Juspera asks, "Faerinn?"

Apsaras slowly empties her lungs.

Socius swears softly.

You pant.

Traiva rubs her dark hazel eyes.

Steenk gestures while summoning the spirits of nature to his aid...

Steenk gestures.

A sudden burst of bright light emanates from Steenk's hand!

Talinvor looks thoughtfully at Naamit.

Ordim glances at Socius.

Sarmoya frowns.

Ceciliah expounds lyrically upon her own shortcomings.

Thrassus says, "Curious."

Naamit growls to herself.

(Darcena shakes her head vigorously, her hair flinging in all directions.)

Faerinn says, "Nope. It can pass thorugh that too."

Tatria asks, "Need water?"

Ceciliah stands up.

=Questioning Socius About the Dart

Socius glares at Nehor.

Speaking to Socius, Ordim accuses, "Missing any toys?"

Akenna slowly empties her lungs.

Xanthium nods at Faerinn.

Ordim scowls.

Sreka says, "Wouldn't have thought a dart could be so loud."

Tatria peers quizzically at Naamit.

Faerinn stands up.

Ceciliah wobbles, looking a bit faint.

Faerinn works his way into some veil iron double chain.

Steenk leans against a frosted glass window.

Speaking darkly in Aelotian to herself, Traiva mutters something you don't understand.

Talinvor quietly says, "Sounded like a banshee."

Speaking to Faerinn, Xanthium says, "It was worth a try.  Gods awful noise."

Naamit carefully inspects her saewehna-inset armband.

(Darcena sticks a finger in her ear and wiggles it around.)

Akenna says, "It smelled of the same toxin."

Socius quietly growls, "I have never seen its like."

Steenk takes a drink from his spiked coffee.

Steenk looks nonplussed.

Sreka wobbles, looking a bit faint.

(Apsaras rubs absently at one of her ears.)

Dhairn quietly says, "It had some of Naamit in it."

Juspera asks, "What... noise?"

Naamit momentarily brushes her fingers against her armband, closing her eyes in brief meditation.

Faerinn says, "We were having a duet."

Juspera furrows her brow.

Dhairn quietly says, "Of course it made noise."

Steenk takes a drink from his spiked coffee.

Steenk blinks twice and looks dazed for a moment.

Steenk looks rather relaxed.

Faerinn says, "The dart and I."

Dhairn frowns.

Naamit holds her breath.

You think to yourself, "Oh sure, the guy covered in crimson runes has no idea what the dart is."

Ordim says, "Such a fine weapon of killing and maiming... a real butcher's weapon."

Faerinn says, "It was sad though."

Ordim stares off into space.

Speaking to Socius, Ceciliah says, "I questioned that it came from distance not time last time I saw one. I was wrong."

Ordim appears to lose some internal strength.

Nehor glances at Faerinn.

Speaking to Faerinn, Xanthium says, "A pity it missed the next cue."

Speaking to Socius, you exclaim, "YOU!"

You say, "I just remembered..."

You say, "The alchemist said you KNEW of the poison."

Mellny cheerfully says, "Oy!  If'n it makes dat much noise, I be hopin' dere really jus' be one of dem."

Speaking to Socius, Ceciliah says, "It's from the past. Someone is bending time."

You say, "Yet you left Selbi to lie there without telling us about the water."

(Ceciliah rubs her temples.)

You scowl at Socius.

Lynaera nods encouragingly to you.

Akenna says, "She did."

Akenna nods to you.

Dhairn blinks at you.

Speaking to Faerinn, Xanthium says, "I couldn't gather anything from it, either."

Speaking quietly to you, Socius says, "How was I to know it was the same poison?  I am no alchemist."

Akenna says, "The Iyo were using it for hunting."

Speaking quietly to you, Dhairn says, "You have a point."

You slowly drum your fingers on your slate battle harness, narrowing your eyes.

Thrassus asks, "Is everyone certain temporal magics are at work here?"

Speaking to Socius, Akenna says, "He said you put a stop to it."

Speaking to Faerinn, Xanthium says, "Save the feeling we had last time, to look at it."

Xanthium shrugs.

You ask, "The Iyo didn't have darts like this with it?"

Speaking to you, Faerinn says, "He didn't stop to smell the dart."

Ordim squints at Socius.

Speaking quietly to Socius, Dhairn says, "That is a very poor excuse, Socius."

Dhairn frowns.

Steenk looks over at Thrassus and shakes his head.

Speaking pointedly to Akenna, Socius says, "Via my usual method."

Speaking simply to you, Nehor explains, "So much evidence, what will he need to do before you see what he is? And that he must be stopped?"

Talinvor whispers to you.

Ordim accuses, "Taking away the Iyo's lively hood!"

Naamit slowly mutters, "I don't know what it's about."

Speaking to you, Mellny reminds, "It were dat old coot dat knew about da water."

Ordim furrows his brow.

(Khobra moves to speak yet doesn't.)

Juspera says, "Just leave Socius alone. He's got a lot going on."

Speaking to Socius, Akenna mouths, "Oh."

Naamit glances uneasily around the room.

Speaking shortly to Thrassus, you say, "It feels temporal."

You hunch your shoulders and snarl menacingly at Talinvor!

Talinvor grins crookedly.

Faerinn says, "We are fortunate to note. There isn't a second acting on this island like this."

Faerinn says, "Same voice. I recognized it."

Lynaera politely reminds, "Socius ran off before we could tell him about the features of the poison. The look, the smell.."

Thrassus says, "Feels."

Speaking to Socius, Naamit whispers aloud, "I am pleased to have taken the arrow for you however."

Dhairn turns to face Khobra.

Thrassus ponders.

Speaking curiously to you, Steenk asks, "What does time feel like?"

Xanthium nods at Faerinn.

Juspera surveys the area.

Speaking to Faerinn, Xanthium says, "I agree.  The same from Restday."

Speaking to Steenk, Ordim confirms, "Like waiting."

Ordim nods.

Faerinn sets about preparing himself to be as presentable as possible.

Tatria peers quizzically at Khobra.

You ponder the meaning of Lynaera's existence.

Juspera dusts Faerinn off.

Faerinn nods at Juspera.

Speaking shortly to Naamit, you ask, "You think it was meant for Socius?"

Socius Flees from an Assassin And the Evening Wraps Up

A dark shape slips in and orients itself towards Socius.  A click sounds as a crossbow looses a quarrel at his direction!  Socius slips aside, then melts into the shadows and rushes toward the shape, chasing it out the doors.

Xanthium asks, "But what do Naamit, Selbi, and Greth have in common?"

Speaking suddenly to Naamit, Akenna says, "That's why he wanted you close."

Faerinn nods.

Speaking to Naamit, you say, "It certainly seemed meant for you---"

Nehor glances at a set of wooden doors.

Lynaera glances out.



You move toward a set of wooden doors, striding away.

[Hale Hall, Corridor]

Several doors covered with various varieties of vividly painted plants and berries adorn the otherwise stark hallway.  At the end of hall mounted on the wall is a statue of unknown origins.  You also see some sturdy wooden doors and a bamboo door.

Obvious exits: west



You move toward some sturdy wooden doors, striding away.

[Hale Hall, Selbi's Office]

Stark and utilitarian, this room still carries the slightest hint of fresh paint.  The walls are a neutral beige color, and the carpet underneath is only the barest shade darker.  Unobtrosive candleabras are placed in each corner, and their combined light illuminates all four corners evenly.  A series of wooden benches are arranged neatly in angled rows, each facing a small mahogany desk which sits directly beneath a frosted glass window.  You also see a white ceramic cup.

Also here: Tatria, Aleid, Flockmaster Nehor, Relic Hunter Ordim, Steenk, Lord Thrassus, Sreka, Juspera, High Lord Sarmoya, Avaia, Dhairn, Chatelaine Traiva, Mellny, Mistress Khobra, Apsaras, Xanthium, Lady in Waiting Lynaera, High Lord Talinvor, Defender of Mist Harbor Akenna, Ceciliah, Lord Faerinn, Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit

Obvious exits: out

Avaia blinks.

Traiva glances at a set of wooden doors.

Ordim glances at a set of wooden doors.

Talinvor takes a slow, deep breath then pinches the bridge of his nose.

Akenna blinks.

You clear your throat.

Apsaras blinks.

You hold out your palm, looking for a handout.

Thrassus says, "Well, that was unexpected."

Mellny happily exclaims, "Oy!"

Naamit whistles something nasty between clenched teeth.

Traiva joins your group.

Avaia rubs her urglaes bracelet, causing darkness to stream across its surface briefly.

Juspera exclaims, "Someone is very, very bad at assassinations!"

Speaking to Thrassus, Ceciliah says, "Much of it is."

Lynaera agrees with Juspera.

Faerinn says, "That was a flock one."

Talinvor says, "Apparently others feel that Socius is better off dead."

Akenna sighs, "Well."

Juspera nods slowly at Lynaera.

Talinvor glances at a set of wooden doors.

Ceciliah agrees with Juspera.

Khobra closes her eyes for a moment.

Ceciliah nods at Sarmoya.

Dhairn quietly says, "Go after him."

Speaking affably to Juspera, Mellny agrees, "All of us 'ere an' none of us deads."

Steenk stares at Ordim, tapping his foot impatiently as he waits.

Sarmoya frowns.

Speaking to Talinvor, Ordim suggests, "At least dropped down to apprentice butcher."

Speaking to Juspera, Sreka says, "I doubt if these were intended to be actual attempts. I think these are warnings."



You move toward a set of wooden doors, striding away.

[Hale Hall, Corridor]

Several doors covered with various varieties of vividly painted plants and berries adorn the otherwise stark hallway.  At the end of hall mounted on the wall is a statue of unknown origins.  You also see some sturdy wooden doors and a bamboo door.

Obvious exits: west

Traiva followed.



You stride away, moving west.

[Hale Hall]

Polished river rocks spread across the floor, their rounded edges illuminated by the moonlight that pours in through the windows located high above in the domed ceiling.  Pillars crafted in the semblance of bamboo poles rise from the teak flooring, to create arches that lead north and east, while a set of double oak doors occupies the western wall.  You also see a bamboo-framed white parchment sign.

Obvious exits: north, east, out

Traiva followed.



You stride away, moving out.

[Oleander Avenue]

Three shops on one side of the street have obviously been decorated in relation to one another.  The first has been painted a deep green with white trim, while the other two shops wear lighter shades of the same color.  A painted pattern upon the cobblestones marks the entry to a large woven grass hall, which is flanked by a pair of miniature evergreen trees encircled with white satin and velvet ribbon.  You also see a sinuous bone white serpent, a black-eared red and grey fox, a speckled cygnet that is flying around and an aggravated mountain spirit that is flying around.

Obvious paths: east, west

Traiva followed.



You belt out, "Socius!"

Traiva glances around the area.

Traiva calls, "Socius?"

Speaking to Traiva, you say, "I think he's fled."

You sniff.

Avaia just arrived.

Avaia just went east.

You say, "I don't smell him here."

Traiva slowly empties her lungs.



You move toward a large woven grass hall, striding away.

[Hale Hall]

Polished river rocks spread across the floor, their rounded edges illuminated by the moonlight that pours in through the windows located high above in the domed ceiling.  Pillars crafted in the semblance of bamboo poles rise from the teak flooring, to create arches that lead north and east, while a set of double oak doors occupies the western wall.  You also see a bamboo-framed white parchment sign.

Obvious exits: north, east, out

Traiva followed.

Falling behind, your mountain spirit refuses to follow.



You stride away, moving east.

[Hale Hall, Corridor]

Several doors covered with various varieties of vividly painted plants and berries adorn the otherwise stark hallway.  At the end of hall mounted on the wall is a statue of unknown origins.  You also see some sturdy wooden doors and a bamboo door.

Obvious exits: west

Traiva followed.



You move toward some sturdy wooden doors, striding away.

[Hale Hall, Selbi's Office]

Stark and utilitarian, this room still carries the slightest hint of fresh paint.  The walls are a neutral beige color, and the carpet underneath is only the barest shade darker.  Unobtrosive candleabras are placed in each corner, and their combined light illuminates all four corners evenly.  A series of wooden benches are arranged neatly in angled rows, each facing a small mahogany desk which sits directly beneath a frosted glass window.  You also see a white ceramic cup.

Also here: Tatria, Aleid, Flockmaster Nehor, Relic Hunter Ordim, Steenk, Lord Thrassus, Sreka, Juspera, High Lord Sarmoya, Dhairn, Mellny, Mistress Khobra, Apsaras, Xanthium, Lady in Waiting Lynaera, High Lord Talinvor, Defender of Mist Harbor Akenna, Lord Faerinn, Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit

Obvious exits: out

Traiva followed.

Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit just strode boldly through a set of wooden doors.

Speaking to Nehor, Faerinn says, "Either way the second one isn't affiliated with the Messenger. More run of the mill."

You disgustedly say, "He's gone."

Speaking to Mellny, Juspera says, "Um."

Lynaera glances at you.

Lynaera frowns.

Speaking to Akenna, Ordim says, "You are taking his word for it."

Ordim giggles.

Ordim shakes his head, clucking his tongue.

Speaking to Mellny, Juspera says, "No, that's not how it works."

Xanthium nods at Faerinn.

Ordim says, "After all he has done."

Thrassus asks, "What did you feel from the poison?"

Speaking to Ordim, Akenna says, "He's never lied to me."

Juspera glances at Faerinn.

Thrassus snaps his fingers.

Juspera strides over to stand before Faerinn.

Juspera gives Faerinn a friendly hug.

Mellny skips in a circle around Juspera.

Speaking to Akenna, Ordim suggests, "Then you haven't been paying attention."

Faerinn nods at Juspera.

Ordim stares at Akenna.

Speaking softly to you, Traiva asks, "Hopefully someplace safe..?"

Ephemeral twists of silver-hazed mist wreathe your forearms as you murmur a serene phrase for Locate Person...

Your spell is ready.

>cast naamit

Cast at what?

Speaking wryly to Juspera, Talinvor says, "It would be a pity anyway, I find those terrible faces you make at me quite endearing."

Speaking to Faerinn, Nehor says, "A different method is being used indeed but it would be unwise to rule out any association based on simply that."

Xanthium says, "I'm sure there's more than a few people angry with Socius."

Speaking to you, Akenna says, "He's quick... I don't bother running after."

Steenk asks, "Is the big bard a bodyguard?"

Apsaras agrees with Akenna.

Speaking to Ordim, Akenna says, "No, I have-- the Flock lies."

You glance at Steenk.

>l

[Hale Hall, Selbi's Office]

Stark and utilitarian, this room still carries the slightest hint of fresh paint.  The walls are a neutral beige color, and the carpet underneath is only the barest shade darker.  Unobtrosive candleabras are placed in each corner, and their combined light illuminates all four corners evenly.  A series of wooden benches are arranged neatly in angled rows, each facing a small mahogany desk which sits directly beneath a frosted glass window.  You also see a white ceramic cup.

Also here: Chatelaine Traiva, Tatria, Aleid, Flockmaster Nehor, Relic Hunter Ordim, Steenk, Lord Thrassus, Sreka, Juspera, High Lord Sarmoya, Dhairn, Mellny, Mistress Khobra, Apsaras, Xanthium, Lady in Waiting Lynaera, High Lord Talinvor, Defender of Mist Harbor Akenna, Lord Faerinn

Obvious exits: out

Ordim shrugs at Akenna.

Speaking cheerfully to Steenk, Mellny offers, "She gots a whip."

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

You feel the magic of your spell depart.

Speaking to Ordim, Akenna says, "Some of your are very good at it... others are dreadful at it."

Speaking to you, Steenk says, "The oen who got hit by the dart."

Speaking wryly to Mellny, Talinvor says, "She's not the only one."

Speaking to Nehor, Faerinn says, "Widly different weaponry and operational mode."

Dhairn glances at Khobra and folds his arms over his chest.

Faerinn says, "And no words before starting."

Speaking to Steenk, you say, "Naamit."

Tatria scratches her head.

Mellny brightly offers, "I ain't seen yours."

Steenk nods to you.

You pace back and forth.

Sarmoya says, "I wish to speak with trust people about the events of this week."

Speaking to Akenna, Ordim suggests, "You should listen to the wolf instead of the fox."

Tatria glances between Dhairn and Khobra.

Mellny nods vigorously at Talinvor!

Ordim nods slowly at Akenna.

Juspera says, "Yes, I think they are definitely two different incompetent assassins."

Ordim giggles.

Akenna glances around the room.

Dhairn examines his fingernails.

Sarmoya says, "However, I shall wait until tempers cool."

Juspera nods at Faerinn.

You give a sidelong glance at Ordim.

(Traiva presses her hand against the side of her face for a moment.)

Speaking to you, Steenk asks, "Is she part of The Flock?"

Xanthium nods at Traiva.

You look at Steenk and shake your head.

Speaking amusedly to Mellny, Talinvor says, "I don't flip it out unless I mean to use it."

Steenk says, "A shame."

You say, "No. She is a Defender."

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Talinvor.

Ordim furrows his brow.

Talinvor glances at Ordim.

Speaking to Ordim, Talinvor asks, "What?"

Ordim covers his eyes with his hands.

Akenna sighs.

You frown.

Sarmoya bows.

Speaking impishly to Talinvor, Mellny replies, "I wait den.  I be patient."

Speaking curiously to Ordim, Talinvor asks, "Should I have said, 'whip'.. 'whip' it out.. the whip?"

Sarmoya says, "Please excuse me."

Nehor calmly says, "Regardless of all these...declarations...the proposed suggestions are now funded and...as Akenna so astutely pointed out..."

Speaking to you, Steenk says, "I suspect a Big Bard would make a good Flock Leader."

Ordim nods in agreement at Talinvor.

Nehor stresses, "Selbi is still in charge."

High Lord Sarmoya strides away moving out.

Talinvor stares at Ordim.

Nehor smiles.

Dhairn frowns.

Folding her arms against her waist, Xanthium slips her hands into the opposite sleeve of her jade green robe and maintains a contemplative disposition.

Ordim nods approvingly at Nehor.

Khobra agrees with Tatria.

Ordim says, "With her office."

You hunch your shoulders and snarl menacingly at Nehor!

Ordim surveys the area.

Khobra smirks at Tatria.

You mutter, "Not for long."

Xanthium nods once at Juspera.

Khobra casually observes her surroundings.

Juspera nods.

Khobra leans to her right slightly.

Speaking to Nehor, Talinvor says, "We could just take over Greth's if they just want to linger here."

Speaking to Akenna, you say, "I think it is time for another Defenders meeting."

Juspera grins at you.

Xanthium smiles at Traiva.

Speaking idly to you, Nehor says, "We shall see. We will act in your interest, the peoples interest, even if you refuse to."

Dhairn quietly says, "Selbi is most certainly not still in charge. And if you wish to claim that a revolution needs to happen in order to ensure this, I will happily oblige."

Thrassus shakes his head.

Dhairn stares at Nehor.

Thrassus leans on his staff.

Apsaras agrees with you.

Akenna nods once to you.

Xanthium begins chuckling at Thrassus!

Nehor simply says, "Someone must act wisely, after all."

Nehor looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs.

Juspera says, "Selbi is out. All the way out."

Juspera slowly draws her finger across her throat meaningfully.

Speaking to Nehor, Sreka asks, "But then what will you do?"

Talinvor looks thoughtfully at Juspera.

Faerinn twists his head slightly, cracking his neck.  He looks relieved.

Speaking to Dhairn, Ordim accuses, "You sure sold your sword arm fast."

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Dhairn.

Speaking simply to Akenna, you say, "We shall make it so. Spread the word."

Mellny cheerfully offers, "She can be in charge of makin' lists of stupid people because she seems to like figurin' dat out."

Speaking icily to Nehor, Akenna says, "We'll take our town back."

Tatria's cheeks flush with a soft pale rose shade, darkening her freckles even more.

Speaking thoughtfully to Juspera, Talinvor asks, "Vigilante justice then?"

Speaking to Apsaras, you ask, "Yes?"

Mellny nods vigorously!

Speaking surprisedly to Sreka, Nehor says, "What will we do? Why, exactly what we have said."

Speaking to Dhairn, Ordim asks, "I guess Socius' hand is the third on your sword?"

Ordim giggles.

Speaking to Nehor, Apsaras says, "Just ye wait and see."

Speaking to Juspera, Thrassus asks, "You aren't getting to your angry self, are you?"

Juspera shifts her weight.

Speaking curiously to Juspera, Talinvor says, "What crime was actually committed, I wonder."

Nehor smirks at Xanthium.

Khobra smirks at Tatria.

Aleid says, "All right, I think I finally understand it all now."

Ordim turns to face Aleid.

Speaking to Nehor, Sreka says, "I mean, if people are acting wisely, that leaves nothing for you and your blackmailing crew that wants to end the world."

You blink at Aleid.

Speaking to Nehor, Akenna growls, "When we're done with you, there won't even be limbs left for the birds."

Lynaera whispers something to Juspera.

Talinvor leans softly against Aleid.

Speaking to Thrassus, Xanthium says, "She's not angry."

Traiva gently rests her hand on Akenna's shoulder.

Speaking amusedly to Apsaras, Nehor says, "I do not wait. That is the difference, I think, twixt you and I. You can wait and see, whilst I will act and do."

Xanthium glances at Juspera.

Apsaras grins at Akenna.

Aleid says, "Well, you all talk to much it's hard to follow."

Thrassus whispers something to Juspera.

Juspera glances at Xanthium.

Xanthium whispers something to Thrassus.

Speaking to Aleid, Mellny whispers aloud, "Let me knows later maybe."

Aleid exclaims, "But I figured it all out!"

Dhairn quietly says, "I heard three things from Selbi that convinced me of who needed defending in this situation. Socius is not him."

Akenna takes a deep breath.

Dhairn nods at Ordim.

Apsaras smirks at Nehor.

Thrassus snickers at Juspera.

Thrassus gestures crisply and utters a practiced phrase as raw elemental energies issue forth from his dimly glowing eyes.

Thrassus gestures.

You frown at Aleid.

Aleid whispers something to Ordim.

Talinvor stretches his arms out in front of him, attempting to loosen the tension in his neck and shoulders.

Tatria peers quizzically at Dhairn.

Ordim leans on Aleid.

Ordim turns an inquisitive ear toward Aleid.

Steenk nods at Aleid.

Traiva kisses Akenna tenderly on the cheek.

Aleid whispers something to Ordim.

Akenna glances down.

Lynaera smiles at Aleid.

Dhairn quietly says, "Tatria told us who it was. And Nehor latched on to it like it was his idea and quickly sold it up the river for greater control."

Ordim giggles.

Akenna gives Traiva a lingering kiss on the cheek.

Ordim nods in agreement at Aleid.

Ordim removes a shriveled dark elf nose from in his dark grey satchel.

Ordim taps a shriveled dark elf nose, which is in his right hand.

Ordim points at Aleid.

Ordim nods in agreement.

Dhairn quietly says, "Therefore, No. Selbi is not in charge."

Ordim put a shriveled dark elf nose in his dark grey satchel.

Aleid giggles at Ordim.

Tatria furrows her brow.

Akenna says, "Selbi will never be in charge."

Thrassus leans on his staff.

Aleid asks, "Now that it's all cleared up can we have tea?"

Juspera blinks at Aleid.

Akenna says, "The Flock, will NEVER be in charge."

Speaking to Nehor, Apsaras says, "There be more than ye own  Flock, may be wise tae ware the skies for mine see and watch all."

Speaking wryly to Aleid, you say, "I would like to hear what you have figured out."

Faerinn whispers to you.

Talinvor grabs an ebonwood case with arabesque ivory inlay and talon-footed cabriole legs from a large pocket inside of his silver-buckled longcoat.

Aleid says, "And cookies."

Sreka says, "Selbi is a middleman, if anything."

Talinvor extends a set of narrow legs from under an ebonwood case with arabesque ivory inlay and talon-footed cabriole legs and carefully places his case on the floor.

You nod slowly at Faerinn.

Talinvor nods at Aleid.

Talinvor taps an ebonwood case with arabesque ivory inlay and talon-footed cabriole legs.

You quietly whisper to Faerinn.

Speaking amusedly to Akenna, Nehor says, "How quickly you change your tune. Not even one week gone by and you go from reminding us of her In Chargeness to denying it."

Juspera surveys the area.

Juspera fidgets.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "Nehor did ask Lylia to come here.  If she defends the Island I will be with her."

Aleid says, "Oh, all right, well, it's very simple."

Speaking curiously to Aleid, Talinvor asks, "No cookies, but might this do?"

Speaking distractedly to Xanthium, Juspera says, "That's fine."

Speaking to Nehor, Akenna says, "Before I knew what she was."

Khobra casually observes her surroundings.

Ordim fidgets.

Dhairn nods at Xanthium.

Speaking to Nehor, you snap, "Oh do be quiet and let someone else speak for a time."

Ordim giggles at you.

Traiva looks over at you and shakes her head.

Speaking to yourself, you mutter, "In love with his own voice."

You listen carefully to Aleid.

Speaking to Nehor, Akenna says, "Yes, that is my failing... I thought she might be smart."

Speaking simply to Xanthium, Nehor says, "That is all we wish to do. Mayor Lylia is a woman of her word. All will continue as originally planned."

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Tatria, Khobra remarks something you don't understand.

Speaking to you, Talinvor says, "As is who he is talking to."

Traiva leans over and whispers to you.

Steenk glances at Traiva.

Dhairn quietly says, "Lylia has proven herself to be the least touched in the head of the choices I've heard. However I doubt she'll stretch herself that thin."

Aleid asks, "You're all....oh, brownies?"

Dhairn nods at Xanthium.

Speaking to Nehor, Akenna says, "Now she's gone the way of Talinvor in my good opinion-- now there is none."

Aleid rummages through an ebonwood case with arabesque ivory inlay and talon-footed cabriole legs searching with intent, but it quickly becomes apparent she's not got a clue where to look.

Steenk snaps his fingers.

Juspera impatiently says, "I just don't understand why we need forces from the Landing."

Speaking to you, Mellny whispers aloud, "It be a sickness.  He said.  Lokquacious."

Aleid blinks at Talinvor.

Juspera says, "Or Faendryl forces."

Speaking to Talinvor, Aleid asks, "Where are the brownies?"

Lynaera frowns at Dhairn.

Akenna folds her hands.

Speaking to Akenna, Apsaras says, "Masked her feathers, true plummage now revealed."

You scowl at Aleid.

You say, "And we've lost her again."

Aleid blinks at you.

Speaking thoughtfully to Aleid, Talinvor asks, "Didn't you eat them all?"

Akenna nods in agreement at Apsaras.

You say, "Off in her own world."

You wave a hand at Aleid, dismissing her indifferently.

Xanthium says, "Your doubts are not my concern."

Xanthium nods at Dhairn.

Lynaera whispers something to Dhairn.

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

Steenk asks, "I got distracted.  Can I ask a question?"

Faerinn whispers to you.

Juspera says, "We're all quite smart and talented and we just need to look into this matter a little bit."

Nehor nods at Steenk.

Juspera smiles at Steenk.

Steenk casually observes his surroundings.

You nod slowly at Mellny.

Nehor turns an inquisitive ear toward Steenk.

Apsaras nods at Steenk.

You quietly whisper to Mellny.

Speaking to Aleid, Sreka asks, "Forget the brownies. What did you figure out?"

Ordim picks up a white ceramic cup.

Speaking to Akenna, Talinvor asks, "And what way is that?"

Steenk asks, "Where are the lockers in this town?"

Ordim sniffs at his ceramic cup.

Juspera grins at Steenk.

Ordim gags.

Ordim carefully places a white ceramic cup on the floor.

Nehor says, "In this building, down the hall."

Speaking modestly to Juspera, Mellny says, "True.  True."

Nehor smiles.

Xanthium leans against a frosted glass window.

You nod at Steenk.

Faerinn points out.

Traiva says, "I can show you."

Mellny giggles to herself.

Faerinn says, "One room down."

Steenk says, "Hall."

Traiva leaves your group.

Speaking to Talinvor, Akenna says, "I used to think you were smart, maybe even agreeable... now, I have no liking for you."

Steenk says, "Close then."

Speaking to Steenk, Apsaras says, "THrough the double doors down the hall."

Traiva says, "Follow me."

Aleid whispers something to Talinvor.

Steenk says, "Thanks."

You notice Steenk moving stealthily out.

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Talinvor.

Akenna frowns.

Speaking to Talinvor, Ordim offers, "I still like you."

Ordim nods slowly.

Traiva quietly murmurs, "Or not."

Akenna joins Traiva's group.

Speaking cheerfully to Talinvor, Mellny offers, "An' yer moss."

Speaking to Akenna, Talinvor says, "Well, you haven't admitted I lack wit or amusement. You can like me or not, I care little. But either way, you still think of me."

Speaking to Traiva, Akenna asks, "Where are we going?"

Talinvor grins wickedly at Akenna.

You stare at Talinvor.

Nehor glances between Akenna and Talinvor.

Speaking to Akenna, Traiva says, "Someplace quiet."

You disgustedly murmur, "Gross."

Akenna laughs!

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

Traiva says, "Excuse us."

Chatelaine Traiva's group just went out.

Sreka joins your group.

Nehor dryly says, "Well. That was...eventful."

Mellny takes a bite of her pumpkin spice muffin.

Ordim nods in agreement at Nehor.

Talinvor laughs softly, trying to hide his amusement.

You say, "Anyone here who wants to learn more about the militia."

Xanthium nods slowly at Nehor.

Faerinn whispers to you.

Ordim surveys the area.

You say, "Please feel free to talk to me."

You nod at Faerinn.

Speaking to Faerinn, you say, "Clearly a poor choice."

Khobra smirks at you!

Defender of Mist Harbor Akenna just arrived.

You say, "If you want to be part of the forces working to protect the isle with Socius, you may also speak with me."

Speaking fondly to her pumpkin spice muffin, Mellny says, "You."

Akenna joins your group.

Mellny takes a bite of her pumpkin spice muffin.

Ordim giggles.

Tatria asks, "Want to learn more about Selbi, what I miss?"

Speaking to you, Apsaras says, "Let be be knowin' when the defenders be meetin'."

Speaking to you, Akenna asks, "So when should we all gather?"

Talinvor beckons Tatria closer with a slow curl of his forefinger.

Speaking to Khobra, you say, "Don't smirk at me, Khobra. You are a welcome member of the militia yourself."

Speaking amusedly to Tatria, Nehor says, "Quite a bit."

Apsaras grins at Akenna.

Tatria peers quizzically at Talinvor.

Speaking quietly to Tatria, Talinvor asks, "What do you want to know?"

Xanthium shrugs at Thrassus.

Juspera joins your group.

Speaking to Akenna, you ponder, "Perhaps in two days?"

Thrassus shrugs at Xanthium.

Akenna strikes something from her gold parchment card with her owl feather quill.

Khobra softly says, "Iz know. Am memeber."

Mellny brightly offers, "I goin' ta go look for more excitin' yellin' now.  G'night!"

Akenna nods once.

You say, "We need to have time to send missives to those who have been away."

Mellny renders a sharp hand salute.

Talinvor nods at Mellny.

Speaking to you, Faerinn says, "I have no interest in joining the militia, but I stood with Socius and I'll file the charges against Selbi if law matters here anymore."

Mellny skips in a merry little circle around a white ceramic cup.

Apsaras nods to you.

Juspera asks, "Where is Avawren?"

Speaking gently to Khobra, you say, "And I never forget that or your service."

Mellny just skipped merrily out.

Speaking to Khobra, you say, "You helped me rescue Elspie."

Akenna focuses all of her attention on her card, writing carefully with her quill.  Satisfied, she considers what she's written.

Speaking to Faerinn, Ordim reminds, "Socius killed the last judge on the island."

Ordim furrows his brow.

Akenna carefully tucks her owl feather quill behind one ear.

Speaking softly to you, Khobra says, "Ztill, vaiting."

Khobra smiles at you.

You nod at Faerinn.

Speaking to you, Apsaras says, "Get word tae me and I will be there."

Speaking to Ordim, Akenna asks, "You mean the one you bought?"

Speaking to Faerinn, Ordim adds, "He's not big on "law'."

Juspera nods slowly.

Lynaera flashes Juspera a conspiratorial grin.

Ordim giggles.

You ponder the meaning of Khobra's existence.

You nod at Apsaras.

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Akenna.

Speaking to Talinvor, Tatria asks, "Came and she left, what happen before. What she say?"

Xanthium glances between Lynaera and Juspera.

Speaking to Akenna, Ordim offers, "I wish I had that much silvers!"

Ordim furrows his brow.

You announce, "We will be having a meeting in approximately two days hence."

Speaking to Faerinn, Talinvor says, "Socius murdered a witness... while he was in interrogation."

Speaking to Ordim, Akenna says, "I just lump you in with them."

You say, "If you listen well, you should hear about it elsewhere."

Ordim says, "Oh."

Ordim furrows his brow.

Ordim hangs his head.

Speaking to Faerinn, Talinvor agrees, "So eii, not much on law."

Thrassus snickers.

Akenna nods.

Dhairn stares at you.

Xanthium smiles at Thrassus.

Speaking shortly to Dhairn, you ask, "What?"

Speaking to Talinvor, Faerinn says, "I'm aware he's garbage too, but better smelling."

Talinvor holds up his hand and tilts it side to side in a so-so gesture.

Faerinn shrugs.

Dhairn quietly says, "Dacena.. tell me this isn't about Socius, or Selbi, or the flock. Say that and I stand with you."

Xanthium smiles at Faerinn.

Speaking to Faerinn, Talinvor says, "He lives in a cave."

You mutter, "We still need to contact the Chronomages."

Speaking to Talinvor, Ordim suggests, "Is Socius that "strange bedfollow" everyone is always talking about?"

Ordim ponders.

Speaking to Xanthium, you ask, "Have you made any headway?"

Speaking curiously to Ordim, Talinvor asks, "Bed-follow?"

Akenna says, "This is about protecting our home from the Flock."

Ordim corrects, "Bed fellow."

Ordim furrows his brow.

Speaking to you, Xanthium says, "I asked someone who has some pull with them, we'll see what he's able to manage."

Speaking to Dhairn, you say, "Dhairn, I do not follow Socius. I am not enamored of his so called charms."

Akenna nods at Dhairn.

Speaking to Ordim, Talinvor exclaims, "Probably!"

Dhairn joins your group.

Speaking to Dhairn, you say, "I do not care for Selbi and her shrieking squeaking ways."

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Dhairn, Khobra responds something you don't understand.

Speaking to Talinvor, Ordim offers, "People are always saying "strange times make for strange bed fellows"."

Ordim adds, "And all that."

Ordim waves his hand in a dismissive gesture.

Speaking to you, Xanthium says, "I'm not horribly hopeful, they're notoriously close-lipped and avaristic."

Xanthium says, "But we'll see."

Juspera begins chuckling at Lynaera!

Speaking to Dhairn, you say, "I am here for vengeance on the behalf of those who cannot seek it themselves."

You say, "I stand for Balance."

Akenna disappointedly mumbles, "I had hoped she'd be a good leader."

You say, "As I have always."

You fold your arms over your chest.

Dhairn points at you!

Speaking to Ordim, Talinvor says, "I try to keep my bed out of polite conversations."

Dhairn quietly says, "Well then I not only stand with you, I'll get the first kill."

Dhairn smirks as a haughty expression flits across his face.

You nod at Xanthium.

Ordim nods understandingly at Talinvor.

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

Ordim offers, "I have a mud hut."

Ordim's eyes crease slightly downward.

Lynaera whispers something to Akenna.

Juspera glances incredulously at Lynaera.

Speaking to Xanthium, you say, "I believe in your charm and ability."

Xanthium smirks at you!

Nehor smiles and tugs at his collars, uncharacteristically silent

Speaking to you, Juspera says, "Xanthium is extremely blond."

Xanthium says, "I'm nothing compared to the one I sent."

Xanthium nods to you.

Aleid gazes heavenward.

You nod slowly at Dhairn.

Aleid just went out.

Speaking to you, Juspera says, "Men like that."

Speaking to Khobra, Tatria asks, "They going to take island from Socius?"

You chuckle at Xanthium.

Ordim looks over at Tatria and shakes his head.

Speaking to Tatria, Ordim says, "Socius gave up his island on his own accord."

Ordim giggles.

Akenna nods at Apsaras.

Apsaras hugs Akenna, who wraps her in a warm embrace.

Ordim exclaims, "And it was never his!"

Ordim scowls.

Speaking to Tatria, Nehor explains, "The Island was never Socius's to begin with. Mistress Selbi is merely ensuring it is governed by the People."

Apsaras uses both hands to pull the hood on her taupe silk kimono up over her head and then smooths out the gathered fabric at the neckline.

Akenna hugs Apsaras, who wraps her in a warm embrace.

Ordim says, "It's the Iyos."

Ordim furrows his brow.

You say, "Those who likewise stand for balance are welcome to speak to me at any time. I will meet at Greth's."

You hear very soft footsteps.

Speaking softly in Elven to Tatria, Khobra says something you don't understand.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium asks, "You're very short.  What does my hair color matter?"

Speaking to Ordim, Talinvor reminds, "It's not his island."

You say, "I'm sure you all know how to get in contact with me."

Akenna becomes solid again.

Ordim nods in agreement at Talinvor.

Ordim scowls.

Speaking to Ordim, Talinvor says, ".. right."

Speaking to Xanthium, Juspera says, "I already said."

Speaking to Talinvor, Ordim exclaims, "Now he has me all confused too!"

Ordim mutters, "BUTCHER!"

Ordim folds his arms over his chest in a display of stubborn pride, tilting his chin up slightly in defiance.

Faerinn removes a small shaving kit from in his ebon longcoat.

Xanthium pulls her hands out of the confines of her jade green robe's sleeves.

(Xanthium frowns again and blows a few strands out of her face.)

Faerinn removes a squat dark brown bottle from in his shaving kit.

Tatria asks, "Selbi not in charge then?"

You say, "Now, I have a giant to cozy."

Faerinn takes a drink from his dark brown bottle.

Faerinn looks quite relaxed.

Dhairn quietly says, "Ordim..."

You slowly rotate your grey walking stick between your flattened palms.  Crackling coruscating emerald-imbued argent filaments spin out from its surface, intertwining and forming a spiraling array of blood runes.  The runes flash briefly, then disperse.

Akenna grins at you.

You murmur, "Blood..."

Ordim turns to face Dhairn.

You nod slowly.

Speaking to you, Akenna says, "See you soon."

You kiss Akenna tenderly on the cheek.

Speaking to Dhairn, Ordim says, "I'm an Ordim."

Ordim nods.

Speaking politely to Xanthium, Nehor informs, "We'll need to hasten the timeline we originally had in mind with Mayor Lylia. Would you pass such along? If you do not mind."

Dhairn quietly says, "You know where you stand when this is all over. Get there quicker than you are."

Dhairn nods at Ordim.

Akenna kisses you tenderly on the cheek.

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Dhairn.

Speaking to Akenna, you say, "I look forward to a quieter chance to speak."

Xanthium nods at Nehor.

Speaking thoughtfully to Ordim, Talinvor says, "With the way he runs around with a pair of knives and screaming like a heathen - the nickname is quite fitting."

Akenna nods to you.

Nehor dryly adds, "I suspect we'll have people causing chaos sooner than I thought."

Faerinn offers Xanthium a squat dark brown bottle.

Speaking to you, Akenna says, "Yes, soon."

Speaking to Dhairn, Ordim says, "Ok three handed sword man.."

You laugh softly, trying to hide your amusement from Nehor.

Ordim nods slowly at Dhairn.

Speaking to you, Akenna says, "I have... things to tell and things to ask."

Speaking to Nehor, Xanthium says, "Certainly.  She'll be glad to have her side fulfilled, too."

Speaking to Dhairn, you say, "I appreciate your vow of support. I'll be in touch."

Dhairn nods t
o you.
Nehor bows respectfully, his eyes fixed firmly on the ground.

Appearances, Ambients, and Imbibements

Akenna


Akenna takes a tiny sip of her minty green tea, warming her lips and making sure it's cool enough to drink.

Aleid

A vortex of air spins and whirls around Aleid.
You see Aleid Hargreaves.
She appears to be a Human.
She is average height and has a delicately boned, waifish body.  She appears to be extremely young.  She has wide wisteria-flecked ultramarine eyes and pale skin.  She has thick, buttercream blond hair caught in a riotous mass of tangled curls carelessly held in place with a black satin headband layered with black raven plumes.  She has an angular face, a classical nose and thin eyebrows.  A cerulean-sheened luminous green monsoon jasper is positioned between her eyes, which casts a sparkling luminous green sheen across her face.
She has a detailed tattoo of a tiny purple-bearded dwarf stuck in a spiderweb on her neck.
She gives off a tempestuous semblance.
She is surrounded by a small whirlwind.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a white-tailed broom hare in her left hand.
She is wearing a pure white pinafore, a comical leaping frog charm, a polished black leather pack, a sky blue dress over frilly white petticoats, a gnarled witchwood grimoire case plumed in raven feathers, some bright white tights, and some glossy black shoes.

Darcena

You take a drink from your pale red broth.

A large-eyed barred owl shifts and sidles closer to your ear, fluffing the feathers up just under its beak with drowsy contentment.

Dhairn

You see Dhairn the Paragon of Ghezresh.
He appears to be a Faendryl Dark Elf.
He is strikingly tall.  He appears to be young and robust.  He has argent-haloed indigo eyes and silken black skin.  He has long, spikey violet-tipped ghostly white hair running in a strip down the center of an otherwise clean-shaven head.  He has well-muscled shoulders and arms.  He has a strong set jaw line and a ghezyte-hued, vaguely sunburst-shaped birthmark over his left eye.
He has a glowing white steel spike in his lip, a shadowy lost soul tattoo on his ear, an inked silvery mist coiled around and burrowing into the skin on his wrist, an inky black sigil on his finger, a branching white-inked lor tree scattered with ultramarine leaves on his neck, and a trio of glowing deep indigo rings in the form of bearded dragon-eels set along the slender tips of his pointed ears.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a trailing ebon leather duster slit down the sides and back from waist to hem, some umbral sculpted body armor, an eahnor chain-encircled lor tree crest, a coiled mithglin chain armband, a coiling ebon chain-link bracer, some webbed indigo eelskin gloves, a pair of slim-cut black suede pants, a smooth oiled leather case, an onyx-inlaid black leather thigh-sheath, a crimson eahnor thigh-sheath, and a pair of side-laced eelskin calf boots.

Faerinn


Faerinn takes a drink from his black coffee.

Khobra


The black ora medallion around Khobra's neck is momentarily engulfed in a shroud of darkness!

Arabesques of obsidian-hued twine deep within the heart of Khobra's black diamond.

A sliver of obsidian-flecked black diamond, which is set against Khobra's forehead, glitters brightly for a few moments.

A sliver of obsidian-flecked black diamond on Khobra's forehead glimmers in the ambient light, swirling with liquid flecks of silver, gold, and obsidian-hued.

Mellny

The fireleaf seed hanging from Mellny's neck suddenly flares a bright shade of red.

The iridescent ruby corona surrounding Mellny's fireleaf seed rotates around in a circle.

Ruffling its feathers, a beady-eyed unkempt seagull chirps and whistles softly on Mellny's shoulder before falling silent.

Tilting its head, a beady-eyed unkempt seagull whistles a few soft crooning cries for a moment before falling silent.

The iridescent ruby corona surrounding Mellny's fireleaf seed rotates around in a circle.

Naamit

You see Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit DMVMD-Braggiani the Harbinger of the Harrows.
She appears to be a Giantman.
She is shorter than average.  She appears to be an adult.  She has piercing vibrant green eyes and pale, alabaster skin.  She has thick locks of long, glossy black hair braided into a noose that dangles low on the back beneath the edge of her black lace mantilla.  She has an angular face, a prominent nose and a fleshy, muscular build with generously proportioned hips.  She has a myriad of thin chain-shaped scars running across her exposed flesh.
She has a faint scar on her neck, some cross-like blackwork extending from the neck downward past her collarbone, a deep black cuff of finely polished glaes in the middle of her nose, and a deep black ring of finely polished glaes in her lip.
She has a fractured and bleeding left arm.
She has an old battle scar across her back, and an old battle scar across her chest.
She is bleeding slightly from the left arm.
She is holding a braided vruul-hide bullwhip strung with a length of vertebrae in her right hand.
She is wearing a writhing black ora cross, a sable lambswool cloak trimmed with ebon-tipped ermine tails, an hourglass girdle of charcoal shark tooth silk over a striking off-shoulder gown subtly patterned with latticed strands of bright crimson firestone, and some sanguine bourde chopines lofted on scarred ebonwood heels.

Naamit places her hand on her hourglass girdle.
Naamit shifts her weight.

Naamit's black ora cross pulses and she looks a bit more vitalized.

Opalina

<span style="line-height:1.5em; margin-bottom: 2em;"You see Opalina Gemiena.
She appears to be a Half-Elf.
She is tall.  She appears to be in the meridian of life.  She has piercing crystal blue eyes and sun-kissed, light brown skin.  She has waist length, curly deep red hair framing her face in a disheveled, carefree style.  She has an angular face, a pert, daintily upturned nose and pouting lips.  Tiny flecks of sea blue have formed within her pupils.
She has a tiny red crystal rose in the upper ridge of her left ear, a thorny rose tattoo on her ankle, a small lockpick tattoo on her wrist, a tiny gold rose-shaped stud in her right nostril, and a petite faceted ruby arrow in the upper ridge of her right ear.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing some deep blue leather handwraps, a suit of blackened matte steel chainmail hauberk, a silvery white tiara, a pair of silver rose earrings, an opalescent spherical pendant on a thin imflass chain, a silver belled choker, a soft doeskin cloak trimmed with tiny embroidered silver roses, some tiny rose-carved pink quartz hairbeads, a flecked pearl white lizard, a radiant winter rose brooch, an enameled penguin chick brooch, an opalescent white pack, a plaid white silk gown dappled with pink pearls, a slim silver bracelet set with tiny diamonds, a rose-etched vultite ring cradled in pale faewood, some hip-slung white spidersilk leggings edged with silver needle-worked roses, and a pair of silvery ice skates.</span>

Ordim


Ordim breathes in deeply as he clenches a pipe in his mouth, then exhales slowly, causing some light amorphous clouds of puffy smoke to float up from his mouth.

Selbi

You see Mistress Selbi.
She appears to be a Burghal Gnome.
She is diminutive.  She appears to be mature.  She has bright greenish-grey eyes and golden brown skin.  She has very long, thick brown hair worn in a single braid.  She has a delicate face, an upturned nose and dimpled cheeks.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a nondescript leather pouch, a pair of oiled leather boots, some emerald green trousers, and a russet leather doublet.

Talinvor

You see High Lord Talinvor the Loremaster.
He appears to be a Dhe'nar Dark Elf.
He is very tall and has a hard-muscled physique.  He appears to be youthful.  He has piercing stormy grey eyes and ebon skin.  He has very long, straight jet black hair pulled into two chain-bound braids over each shoulder, the rest left loose beneath a blackened silver headband.  He has an angular face, a straight nose and strong, chiseled features.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a silver-set black star sapphire, an ebon leather silver-buckled longcoat, a mithril alloy mesh weapons harness, a rich indigo brushed silk shirt, a black silk silver-threaded sash, a polished black suede instrument case lined with silk slung over his shoulder, a storm grey linen vest with silver-set ivory fasteners over a dark elven wyvern-scaled haubergeon, some formal silver suede gloves, an obsidian-set silver signet band, a black spidersilk pouch clasped with a small skeletal dragon carved from ivory, some storm grey pants, and a pair of tall black leather boots side-fastened with silver buckles.

Traiva


Traiva takes a drink from her rosy hibiscus metheglin.