Ebon Gate Teasers Archive by The TownCrier
New items, shops, services, games, and features are released often at Ebon Gate, and on one notable occasion, a Lesser Spirit. The TownCrier Team will be keeping track of these teasers and their release dates here for posterity.
Because ... sometimes you just want to know!
Most Recent Event
- Event dates: September 29th - October 31st 2023
- 9/29 - 10/6 - Platinum Live Games, Storyline & Quest Introduction
- 10/1 - Book sales begin
- 10/2 - 10/26 - Trove (estimated)
- 10/6 - 10/13 - Prime Live Games, Platinum Merchant Week
- 10/13 - 10/20 - Prime Merchant Week
- 10/22 - 10/27 - Storyline & Quest Closing
- 10/27 - 10/29 - Special Event
- 10/30 - 10/31 - No GM interactions
- Evermore Hollow - Main page - The village grounds and permanent home of the Ebon Gate Festival
- Naidem - The world around Evermore Hollow
- Ebon Gate category
- 2023 Announcements Page
Be sure to ESP TUNE TOWNCRIER for seasonal tips!
Live Games Schedule
Rules and additional information can be found at the Live Games page.
Prime Schedule Game Dates Times Locations Costume Contest Sunday, October 1 2:00pm [Icebriar Lake, Winter's Edge] (8083079) Blind Luck Friday, October 6 9:00pm [The Gallivant, Marquee] (8085023) Cryptic Chronicles Saturday, October 7 2:00pm [Abandoned Cemetery] (8085034) Pyrestarters Sunday, October 8 4:00pm [Bonfire of the Gallivants] (8085033) Spooky Ciphers Monday, October 9 9:00pm [Gallivant Manor, Library] (8085065) Haunted Spirits Tuesday, October 10 9:00pm [Gallivant Manor, Kitchen] (8085062) Wheel of Misfortune Wednesday, October 11 9:00pm [Under the Manor] (8085066) GHOUL Thursday, October 12 9:00pm [The Sorrowwood Crypt, Tombs] (u8083365) Tuesday, October 17 3:00pm [The Sorrowwood Crypt, Tombs] (u8083365) Saturday, October 21 1:00pm [The Sorrowwood Crypt, Tombs] (u8083365) Tuesday, October 24 9:00pm [The Sorrowwood Crypt, Tombs] (u8083365) Friday, October 27 9:00pm [The Sorrowwood Crypt, Tombs] (u8083365) Sunday, October 29 8:00pm [The Sorrowwood Crypt, Tombs] (u8083365)
Platinum Schedule Game Dates Times Locations Cryptic Chronicles Sunday, October 1 4:00pm [Abandoned Cemetery] (8085034) Blind Luck Sunday, October 1 6:00pm [The Gallivant, Marquee] (8085023) Pyrestarters Monday, October 2 9:00pm [Bonfire of the Gallivants] (8085033) Spooky Ciphers Tuesday, October 3 9:00pm [Gallivant Manor, Library] (8085065) Haunted Spirits Wednesday, October 4 9:00pm [Gallivant Manor, Library] (8085065) Wheel of Misfortune Thursday, October 5 9:00pm [Under the Manor] (8085066) Costume Contest Sunday, October 15 3:00pm [Yvalyst Manor, Ballroom] (u8089005) GHOUL Saturday, October 7 8:00pm [The Sorrowwood Crypt, Tombs] (u8083365) Sunday, October 15 1:00pm [The Sorrowwood Crypt, Tombs] (u8083365) Tuesday, October 17 9:00pm [The Sorrowwood Crypt, Tombs] (u8083365) Sunday, October 29 3:00pm [The Sorrowwood Crypt, Tombs] (u8083365)
- Update: Sunday, October 1st at 2:00pm
- Live Games Discussion thread: Discord
- Prime Schedule (all times ET):
- 10/6 - 9 pm, Blind Luck, [The Gallivant, Marquee] (8085023)
- 10/7 - 2 pm, Cryptic Chronicles, [Abandoned Cemetery] (8085034)
- 10/8 - 4 pm, Pyrestarters, [Bonfire of the Gallivants] (8085033)
- 10/9 - 9 pm, Spooky Ciphers, [Gallivant Manor, Library] (8085065)
- 10/10 - 9 pm, Haunted Spirits [Gallivant Manor, Kitchen] (8085062)
- 10/11 - 9 pm, Wheel of Misfortune, [Under the Manor] (8085066)
- Platinum Schedule (all times ET):
- 10/1 - 4 pm, Cryptic Chronicles, [Abandoned Cemetery] (8085034)
- 10/1 - 6 pm, Blind Luck, [The Gallivant, Marquee] (8085023)
- 10/2 - 9 pm, Pyrestarters, [Bonfire of the Gallivants] (8085033)
- 10/3 - 9 pm, Spooky Ciphers, [Gallivant Manor, Library] (8085065)
- 10/4 - 9 pm, Haunted Spirits [Gallivant Manor, Kitchen] (8085062)
- 10/5 - 9 pm, Wheel of Misfortune, [Under the Manor] (8085066)
|Pawnshop||Bones & Baubles|
|Alchemist Shop||Haunting Sphere|
|Herb Shop/Healer||Clove and Dandelion|
|All shops will be accepting Soul Shards only!|
New for Ebon Gate 2023
Return of The Trove
Returning to Gavelsdown Hall this year, four separate troves will be running simultaneously. Trove tokens will be available for 100,000 silvers each and require a service pass to purchase, with a limit of one token per drawing per trove. In addition, The Roof Over will have an additional trove running for specialty private property certificates, including mailboxes and additional rooms. Please note that the bungalow-style middle class properties do not qualify for these auction quality certificates.
- Delayed services will be in transferable certificate form: Discord
- No lockout timer or limits on wins. Discord
Thandiwe announced that prices for consumables across the board will be brought in line with the ongoing standardization we've seen at other events, as well as additional adjustments throughout the event.
- Expect to see -inators increased to a flat 1,000 soul shards (or equivalent event currency) across the board.
Lore and background on a variety of materials found in Naidem, in addition to some OOC information and notes that may be of interest for merchant week.
Silver barrel key exchange
An old has-been adventurer is located at the entrance/exit to Naidem. He will exchange a fresh 25-use silver barrel key for 7,500 soul shards and 5,000 exp. As a reminder, this is to save time for fewer rewards; If you use a 25-use key and take your time, rewards are better at Herb Hunt and Trick-or-Treat.
Available at Entranced for those plagued by visions, these hidden eye-worn disks utilize the tattoo table to create a variety of semi-randomized minor and major visions, both at random and at will.
Lacquered Ungues' Nail polish and the Cosmetic Case
Lack lacquers? No more! Lacquered Ungues will feature a host of new designs and colors, as well as a case to allow for easy storage and access for many bottles of polish.
Available at Beneath the Philtrum, this new makeup will provide four hours of coverage with two customizable colors and lip shape, as well as holding ten designs. But most importantly, rather than appearing in your features, this gloss will appear above your inventory in the illusion slot.
- All of those designs are default, you can not get additional ones as that would require QC. You can customize the 2 colors and the lip-shape per the analyze. Discord
The Imprinter's Studio Automated Portrait Panels
This new shop allows for automated portraits to be taken for use with the Dreamfire Panel Bracelet, no longer requiring a merchant service. Basic panels will automatically be converted to locked portrait panels for 60 soul shards, or allow you to reconfigure a previously converted locked portrait panel for 12 shards.
- The imprinter would like to remind you that you can take advantage of a variety of STYLES and props for your portraits. Once you begin, type POSE alone to see the options!
Teadragons? Teadragons! Pet teadragons?!
- Common tea dragons for sale: 250,000 soul shards
- "Bargain" raffle for two teadragons
- 10 spins for teadragons at 50,000 soul shards each
- 3 in platinum
- 10 spins for teadragons at 500,000 silvers each
- 3 in platinum
- Trove and GHOUL prizes
Modular Thigh Sheath update
Modular Neck Sheathes unlocked for use as a garrote can now also be adjusted to be worn in the leg greaves slot, increasing their flexibility.
Unlock your weaving potential with this new Tooth Extractor from Tooth and Claw, which will enable you to remove various types of weavable teeth from the creatures of Elanthia. And other players. Is it safe?
Quick Facts (Creatures):
- OTS toothkeys can extract Weaveable teeth from dead creatures.
- Each creature can be extracted from once and each extraction yields a bundle of two (2) Weaveable teeth.
- If fluff actions are unlocked, you can perform a roleplayed dental exam on the dead creature's mouth/teeth.
- Creatures can have up to four (4) types of teeth, but each creature may not have all types: tooth, canine tooth (or fang), incisor, and molar (or carnassial).
- Teeth from different creatures may look different with a plethora of descriptors available.
- You can toggle whether the creature's name shows in the created tooth with PUSH.
- Currently there are 79 valid creatures around Elanthia that can have their teeth extracted. Valid creatures are animal-like, have bones/teeth, and feasibly have teeth small enough that they would fit on a necklace.
Quick Facts (Players):
- Unlocked toothkeys can extract teeth from another player (with CONSENT) 1x a day.
- OTS and unlocked toothkeys can roleplay a dental exam with another player (with CONSENT) and can do all unlocked fluff actions while investigating inside their mouth.
- Extraction yields one (1) Weaveable tooth.
- Extraction WILL stun and injure the target player.
Available at Sizzle and Spice, these frying pans will allow you to convert up to three ingredients from a vast variety; most foraged fruit and vegetables, raw fish, and grocery items will work, with unlocks available for animal shanks and organs.
Twisted weapons return
Coming to Twisted Ways, twisted weapons return with a new tier 3 double flare. These twisted weapons gradually gain affinity until they become scintillating and gain the ability to summon whirlwinds. This new tier, much like greater elemental flares, will add a double flare of the same type as the standard flare, with a chance to activate the standard flare, the scripted double flare, or both at once.
Similar to the existing Drape Gowns, this menswear line allows one to affix their Diverse Drapes as pauldrons, cravats, and half-capes.
These Demonic Accord runestaves contain a highly customizable captive demon, with unique bolt parry messaging, temporary feature alterations, and something called demonic dread flares.
This new material for armor and weapons contains a spirit which can summon a wave of sea water to knock down up to three targets, as well as potentially boosting attack and casting strength. There's also a cosmetic-only version for crafters!
- If anyone wishes to try out the new material, there's lots of rusulkan armaments available at [Town Square Central] in the Landing on the Test server.
New from Market Makers, these new items will allow you to set up a simple automated market stall in any non-noded town space for an hour or more, or indefinitely when placed in a private property.
Teaser: What could this small vignette tell us about these new items available from a circular bark-shingled hut? Perhaps these new items will allow folks to sell their wares? Build a bazaar? Make a market? Discord
Announcement: Discord / Wiki
- Analyze has been updated as well as some changes to deployment rules at T5 and support for a small customizable mascot after the SHOW description. Discord
Dawdly Magic Pot update and the Seed-inator
A new, non-tiered, unlock for the dawdley magic pots will allow them to grow cooking ingredients five times a day. In addition, the new Seed Vault will allow fans to store a vast and unfathomable collection of seeds, in case the world ends again.
Antiquarian Manor updates
A variety of new Naidem-specific materials are being added to the Antiquarian Manor, along with some hints at pending lore.
Sirenglass Staff Charms
Coming to the The Glass House, these baubles will add a variety of verbs, including demeanor-specific actions to nearly any runestaff - even scripted ones! Because the bauble itself is separate and the target of verbs, merely holding the staff is all that's necessary to activate it and conflicts should be minimal!
A Vague Inkling has now opened with all-new vanishing ink quills! Exhale on your paper to hide the secret message and wave it over a flame to reveal it, use a standard quill to write a message which won't disappear. No one will use this for mischief.
Moth Cloak updates
New additions to the moth cloak allow users to control their appearance a little more precisely, including an additional unlock for tier 4 cloaks to grant a unique feature line from a vast selection as well as a color-setting option.
News & Updates
- Thandiwe announced teasers will begin on or about the 15th, with a single subtle hint in the form of a spoilered emoji! Discord
- Thandiwe began the teasers proper with this small piece of news; she's made a new scrying device. Discord
- Tivvy posts the signature verbs list for the general GHOUL prizes
- Sylinar is currently returning unchanged. Discord
- Eternal Weddings delayed, all other weddings available for purchase. Discord / Wiki
- Meraki drops vague hint to expect Dreamfire Teasers before the end of the year. (Ebon Gate related? One can only speculate at this point) All Things Dreamfire at Discord
- You cannot contract or spread the Green Death in Naidem.
- Thandiwe shared the Phantasm custom familiar talisman from this year's trove, but note that this will not provide knowledge of the spell. Discord / Wiki
- And Xayle shared the Puppet: Discord / Wiki
- Wylloh announced that Fiendish Phantomes, home of the Book Buddies, will be delayed while a bug fix is being rolled out. Take this time to BUG any outstanding issues so that they can be addressed as well. Discord
- Shadowplay Gown unlocks will be available via certificate. Discord
- Monster-Headed Pauldrons can now be unlocked to toggle between shoulder-worn and pin-worn. Discord
- Nail polish updates rolled out, to both the ANALYZE and to allow one to apply polish to targets thanks to the CONSENT verb.
- Clarifications on the items available at The Roof Over, the private property shop, and what they entail. Discord / Wiki
- Sylinaar's Enhancive Property Swapping will be extended to work with max mana, stamina, and health. This is the only update expected this run, and will not be available at opening.
- Additional trove listings: Discord
- The invisible ink shop, A Vague Inkling, was briefly closed for maintenance and has now reopened.
- Thandiwe produced a list of the new Naidem forageables: Discord
- Erithi agates have been added to the Antiquarian Manor.
- Herb Hunt prizes update to match Rumor Woods. Discord
- Entry and pass sales as well as games open.
This page was last updated on Thursday, September 14, 2023 at 2:26:20 PM GMT.