The Wizard's Guild is a sanctuary for the further study and training of a wizard, which skills and spells alone cannot provide.
- A cantrip used to produce any common item from a worn container. The item must weigh two pounds or less and may not be scripted (gems and wands are applicable, but food is not).
- (Flick is not actually a "guild skill", but a special verb available specifically to wizards who are members of the guild.)
- Composed of three individual guild skill categories, the practice of Alchemy allows the creation of a wide range of magical items, some of which are only available through Alchemy, and others which are also available in shops or via the treasure system.
- These skills are categorized as follows:
- General Alchemy - which concerns itself with the creation of generic alchemical products that are available to all four Alchemist professions, including healing tinctures, mana potions, and ayanad type crystals, among others. It should be noted that General Alchemy is considered the 'master' among these skills, and it is not possible to advance beyond your rank in General Alchemy in either of the other skill categories.
- These skills are categorized as follows:
Requirements and Benefits
Wizards level 15 and above can join the guild.
Wizards who are a member of the Guild gain access to a special Guild amunet channel.
Promotion to Guildmaster status requires mastery of General Alchemy and a total of 125 skill ranks; once meeting this requirement, the presence of 2 other members who have also met the requirement (whether they are currently a Guildmaster or eligible for promotion themselves) is necessary to execute the promotion. Player Guildmasters can gain experience and fame for checking in other Guild members (must be inactive or required to check in in the next 10 days) or for promoting other Guild members to higher ranks. Guildmasters need to drop by the guild once a month - if they don't they'll receive a warning after a month, followed by loss of status after three.
It costs 4500 silvers to join the guild, and 1500 per month. You may pay up to three months (90 days) in advance.
Player Guildmasters must check in each month, but pay no fees.
- Wizard Guild (Icemule Trace) - Through a mithril gate on Demons Lane near TC (see map).
- Wizard Guild (Kharam Dzu) - Located at the very south end of Dragonspine on the east side of town.
- Wizard Guild (River's Rest) - Located south of South River Road outside of town, near the Guardians of Sunfist outpost, through a pair of ivy-covered gates.
- Wizard Guild (Ta'Illistim) - Located through a rounded archway on Moonglae Var, near the airship docks.
- Wizard Guild (Ta'Vaalor) - There is a faint outline of a doorway on the exterior wall of Guardian Keep at the southern end of Amaranth Court. Instructions for entry are written on the door.
- Wizard Guild (Wehnimer's Landing) - Located down a broad path in the shadow of Melgorehn's Reach outside of town.
- Wizard Guild (Zul Logoth) - Located through a crystal-inset dark mithril arch in the Ametrine Tunnel.
Solhaven does not have a Wizard Guild at this time.
List of Player Guildmasters
- Promoted 10/19/08 : Arlia, Dreuntar, Jayvn, Kylinarr, Rimalon, Vandele
- Promoted 12/09/08 : Darnog, Saazz, Sairai
- Promoted 04/30/09 : Fleurs, Greysleeve, Sagoth, Wizricky
- Promoted 07/30/09 : Zizzle, Plindo
- Promoted 12/02/09 : Auratik, Tharken
- Promoted 05/12/12 : Tenken, Zzentar
- Promoted 07/06/12 : Jymamon
- Promoted 01/24/13 : Faulkil, Zizzle
- Promoted 01/06/14 : Whirlin
- Promoted 10/22/14 : Drafix
- Promoted 01/06/15 : Syphaer
- Promoted 07/14/15 : Raelee
- Promoted 09/20/15 : Crayven
- Promoted 05/13/16 : Daeghraven, Tilinthro
- Promoted 06/11/16 : Smo
- Promoted 09/10/16 : Galliah
- Promoted 05/18/17 : Kahly
- Promoted 12/21/17 : Ignis
- Promoted 03/08/18 : Delsa
- Promoted 11/28/18 : Rovvigen, Cook
- Promoted 11/29/18 : Selaesia
- Promoted 12/23/18 : Aanalar
- Promoted 02/09/19 : Vancudais
- Promoted 03/21/19 : Dartaghan
- Promoted 04/06/19 : Dgryphon
- Promoted 04/06/19 : Saverik
- Promoted 11/13/19 : Nixlsplixt
- Promoted 11/20/19 : Ponclast
Known to be working toward promotion : Bluesmith, Clairi
Guildmasters are listed here in order of their promotion; Arlia was promoted first among the first group due to "ladies first", and thereafter the tradition has been to promote in alphabetical order (though this was not followed at the fourth promotion due to extenuating circumstances).