Clipped Wings/2020-01-05 Darting out of Greth's (log)

The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search
This log is from premium storyline Clipped Wings on January 5, 2020, from the viewpoint of Darcena Wolf-Valslayer.

Summary

Mistress Selbi addressed the group of adventurers gathered at Greth's. With her normal diplomacy, she informed them all that it was time to move forward, and to get past the horrible things that had happened previously. She chastised the group at large, but then said she would be taking suggestions from the Flock (who she terms "the birdbrains"), as they had shown themselves to be united in purpose, and had been instrumental in protecting the Isle as of late. There was general outrage at this.

Socius showed up and the two of them argued over this decision. Greth asked them, politely, to take it outside and they agreed. When they were outside, Selbi was felled by an attacker from the shadows who used an enruned dart. She fell quickly unconscious, and the attacker teleported away before they could be clearly seen. Socius rallied quickly and carried Selbi in to be cared for by Penre (in Greth's backroom). He then said he was going hunting for the attacker, and Greth said that he would inform Socius if there was a change in Selbi's status.

The adventurers examined the dart, which began to act oddly. It began to pulse with a crimson light, then move on its own. It disappeared in a flash of crimson, accompanied by a slight shockwave. The adventurers went back into Greth's to check on Selbi, and the dart reappeared in there, flying at Greth, who dodged it at the last moment. The dart once again pulsed, then vanished. Throughout this whole time, various adventurers got odd sensations, and in some cases visions, all seeming to pertain to the dart.

The adventurers went to the local alchemist, who informed them that the poison that might have been used was actually water-soluble, and suggested that they wash the wound out. They brought (clean) water to Greth, who passed it to Penre, and Selbi awoke soon after. She was very weak, but stated that she wished suggestions from the Flock... and from the Militia... in three days' time. Then she went to bed.

  • Adventurers saw varying visions. A list is compiled below on the page of the log.

GM Cast: Greth, Penre Selbi, Socius, "Threatening Elf"

Adventurers: Akenna, Aleid, Ceciliah, Darcena, Dayzed, Dhairn, Lord Faerinn, Mistress Khobra, Juspera, Lady in Waiting Lynaera, Madalayne, Mellny, Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit, Flockmaster Nehor, Opalina, Relic Hunter Ordim, Raelee, Rinori, High Lord Sarmoya, Steenk, Talinvor, Tatria, Wodsong, Wolfloner, Xanthium, Defender of Mist Harbor Xilona


Visions

  • You feel a sensation of mirth... but it's more the memory of the sensation. You feel displaced momentarily, as if you were somehow standing in a different place, atop a high cliff, but then the sensation fades with the faintest echo of a remembered giggle. (Darcena)
  • You get the faintest impression of violence, but it flits from your mind as soon as you look away from the dart. (Dhairn)
  • The dart seems oddly familiar, as if it were something you had seen in a dream... or perhaps a nightmare. You get the sensation that there is more to come... and that it will be much worse... but can remember no other details before the sensation fades entirely. (Juspera)
  • You feel slightly nauseous, and somehow... out of place? The sensation fades quickly, but your stomach remains unsettled, as if you had just dropped unexpectedly from a moderate height. (Juspera)
  • You feel an old, old anger when you look at the dart. It's foreign, but somehow familiar. It fades when you look away, however. (Naamit)
  • You feel a stirring in your guts when you glance at the dart, a recoiling sensation of something being clearly out of place. When you look away, the sensation fades entirely. (Xanthium)
  • You get a sensation of laughter, though it's more of a memory... or perhaps even an echo of one. You feel slightly off-kilter as the sensation fades, though you get a momentary flash of crimson in your vision as the last of it drifts away. (Xanthium)
  • A faint crimson light suffuses the area for a moment, and you feel your insides curl reflexively as you fight off the sensation of... displacement. The light, and the sensation, fade as quickly as they arrived. (All?)

Log Snippets

Editor’s note: Many of the ambient noises or individuals interacting with each other outside of the scope of the events of the night have been removed from this retelling. Grammar and spelling has been corrected for ease of understanding. Actions have been combined in places to reduce the length while maintaining the atmosphere. Some conversational pieces that were meant to happen sequentially but did not due to the nature of parsing speech in the game (i.e., player A says one piece of information, player B asks a question, player A continues with more information, then player A answers the question) have been reordered (e.g., player A says both pieces of information, player B asks a question, player A answers the question) in every situation where it makes sense to do so and doesn’t disrupt the actual proceedings.

Preamble

[Stumbling Pebble Bar II]
Dried, cracked boards mingle with newer knotted pine planks as they spread across the floor from the swinging oak doors to the white oak bar.  Several half-cask chairs are arranged in circles around the room, their backs weathered and cracked, while plump couches face a fireplace that looks as if it has seen better days.  A scattering of cracked peanut shells litters the floor around an oversized bowl that is set upon a faded blue rug.  You also see a wide-mouthed mahogany barrel, a series of high barstools, a basket of sticks and Greth.
Also here: Flockmaster Nehor who is sitting, Opalina, Relic Hunter Ordim, Wolfloner, Defender of Mist Harbor Xilona who is sitting, Dhairn who is sitting, Lord Faerinn, Mistress Khobra
Obvious exits: none

Dhairn quietly says, "I seem to remember being a four and a half whenever it was."

Speaking to Dhairn, Xilona says, "Safe to say it was whiskey of some sort, other than that, I have no idea."

Dhairn squints and quietly says, "Ah yes.. Hepit it was."

Dhairn nods at Xilona.

Ordim reaches into the depths of his talon-toggled coat and pulls out a blob of white chocolate frosting from an inner pocket, causing the multicolored beaks to rattle with the movement.

Nehor glances at you.

Xilona holds her sides and lets out a rumbling belly laugh.

Ordim buries his face in his hands.

Dhairn takes a drink from his single malt scotch.

Faerinn nods to you in greeting.

You nod at Faerinn.

Faerinn busily knits away at something with his knitting needles, the task taking up his complete attention.

Speaking to Dhairn, Xilona says, "Now I remember."

Ordim raises his arms defensively in front of his face and ducks behind them.

Xilona snickers to herself.

Speaking warmly to Greth, you say, "Hello Greth."

Speaking disappointedly to you, Nehor says, "...it's you."

Ordim briefly draws down the edges of his slate grey cowl.
Ordim takes a bite of his white chocolate frosting.

Dhairn winks at you.

Speaking to Dhairn, Xilona says, "It was my whiskey coffee."

Speaking to Nehor, you drawl, "So it is. Be on your best behavior."

Khobra glances between Nehor and yourself.

Dhairn nods at Xilona.

Ordim raises an eyebrow.

Xilona nods to you in greeting.

You smile at Xilona.

Xilona flashes a quick grin.

Nehor primly says, "I am *always* at my best behavior."

Nehor sniffs.

You raise an eyebrow, your bone chelioboros only enhancing your skeptical look.

Xilona tugs the stopper free from her moonflower pendant, swiping it across her wrists before returning it to its place.  With a diminutive motion, she discreetly rubs her wrists together.

Dhairn quietly says, "Must be easy."

You nod to Wolfloner in greeting.

Dhairn grins at Nehor.

Xilona has a sheer and elusive fragrance haunting the air about her.  The subtle sweet florals of the moonflower are light and airy, distinctive without being overwhelming.

You take a quick appraisal of Xilona and find that she has no apparent injuries.

Wolfloner nods to you.

You nod approvingly.

You smile at Khobra.

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Nehor.

Faerinn busily knits away at something with his knitting needles, the task taking up his complete attention.

Dayzed just arrived.

Khobra smiles at you.

You glance away from Ordim.

You hug Dayzed, who wraps you in a warm embrace.

Dayzed gives you a friendly hug.

Speaking idly to Dhairn, Nehor says, "Being me is far from easy, I assure you sirrah."

Ordim shrugs.

You take a drink from your pale red broth.  The taste reminds you of warm blood.
You have 5 quaffs left.

Khobra takes a drink from her blood red rum.

Khobra looks rather relaxed.

Xilona takes a drink from her glass of whiskey.

Nehor seriously continues, "It is a grave responsibility and one not to be taken lightly!"

Speaking to Nehor, Ordim inquires, "I thought he was sirrah?"

Ordim points at Faerinn.

Ordim furrows his brow.

Nehor rolls his eyes at Ordim.

Xilona rolls her eyes.

Lynaera curtsies politely.

Lynaera looks at Wolfloner and hums.

Ordim scratches his head.

Speaking annoyedly to Ordim, Nehor explains, "It is a title."

Nehor stands up.

Dhairn chuckles.

Ordim blinks at Nehor.

Nehor bows respectfully before Lynaera, his eyes fixed firmly on the ground.

Faerinn nods to Lynaera in greeting.

Khobra casually observes her surroundings.

Faerinn busily knits away at something with his knitting needles, the task taking up his complete attention.

Speaking to Nehor, Ordim confirms, "I'm an ordim."

Ordim nods once.

Ordim taps himself on the chest.

Speaking smoothly to Lynaera, Nehor greets, "Mistress, so good of you to join us. I was just observing the masses in their daytime drinking rituals."

Xilona appears to be trying hard not to grin.

Nehor looks thoughtfully at Ordim.

You glance at Lynaera.

Steenk just arrived.

Lynaera nods graciously at Nehor.

Speaking suspiciously to Ordim, Nehor says, "Sometimes I wonder."

Speaking to Lynaera, you say, "Haven't seen you in a long while."

Dhairn quietly says, "Everyone believes their responsibility is grave and oh-so-important. Until the day comes they realize they did nothing but drink other people's booze and breathe their air for centuries."

You flash a quick grin at Lynaera.

Lynaera smiles at you.

Ordim carefully looks himself over.

Ordim glances down.

Spying a bit of frosting in his toe-hair, Ordim adjusts his black leather tunic and gracefully bows and scoops it up.

Ordim adopts an agreeable expression.

Speaking to you, Lynaera says, "Hello Ms. Darcena."

Dhairn takes a drink from his single malt scotch.

Speaking to Dhairn, Xilona says, "For what it's worth, I truly appreciate other people's booze."

Wolfloner adjusts his shadowy black shirt to cushion his movements.

Xilona grins impishly.

Wolfloner begins to survey his surroundings with a Predator's Eye.

Steenk removes a single rough arrow shaft from a bundle of rough arrow shafts.

Steenk removes a feras dagger from in his climbing pack.

Dhairn grins at Xilona.

Lynaera leans over and whispers, "You've covered yourself in ash and soot..."

(Faerinn raises his needles to examine his needle work.)

Steenk pares away the excess wood from a single rough arrow shaft, taking care to keep the shaft straight.

Lynaera grins at you weakly.

Nehor looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs.

You carefully rub the volcanic ash and soot off your person.

Dayzed blinks.

Speaking quietly to Greth, Dhairn says, "Get a dart board in here."

You clear your throat.

You look at yourself carefully in the gold and brass mirror...

Lynaera nods approvingly to you.

Dhairn nods.

Faerinn frowns at some pewter knitting needles.

You nod at Lynaera.

Speaking to Dhairn, Xilona asks, "Looking to be murdered again?"

Xilona smirks.

Speaking to his knitting needles, Faerinn says, "Not bad, but I was meaning to make a scarf."

You gaze with interest at Xilona.

Steenk carefully cuts a nock into the end of his arrow shaft.

Xilona leans on you, giving you a companionable grin, and you note the scent of moonflower blossoms, a subtle and sweet floral around her.

You flash a quick grin at Xilona.

Speaking quietly to Xilona, Dhairn says, "If I'm not looking to be murdered I'm not doing my job well."

Wodsong's group just arrived.

Speaking to you, Xilona says, "Only in darts, my friend."

Dhairn grins slowly.

Rinori just arrived.

Xilona winks at you.

Wodsong gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

Dhairn takes a drink from his single malt scotch.

Xilona grins at Dhairn.

(Darcena glances disappointedly at Xilona.)

Ordim removes a warm pumpkin spice muffin from in his muffin tin.

Xilona laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.

The fire dies down a bit until it finds some fresh wood to burn.  The flames dance higher as they feast.

Faerinn asks, "Are the owl and rat going to get along?"

Dhairn stares at you.

You scratch your barred owl gently on the back of its head with your finger.  The tiny bird lifts its head and hoots, pressing against the tip of your finger.

Ordim surveys the area.

Dhairn quietly says, "You don't truly mean that. I know better."

Faerinn nods to Rinori in greeting.

Dhairn nods once.

Speaking to you, Xilona says, "I'm picky in my murdering."

Mellny just skipped merrily in.

Rinori nods once at Faerinn.

Khobra removes a flagon of blood red rum from in her midnight black cloak.

Speaking honestly to Xilona, you say, "Such a shame."

She smells just like Rinori.

Dayzed removes a perfect rhimar dagger with a slender frost-etched blade from in his bearskin weapon sling.

You take a quick appraisal of Rinori and find that she has no apparent injuries.

Nehor examines his fingernails.

Dayzed just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

You nod approvingly.

Rinori fans her dark blue wings at you, stirring the air into a small, focused breeze that swirls about you.

Ordim offers, "I'd be more concerned with what the fox is going to do."

Ordim frets.

Speaking to you, Xilona asks, "I'll work on it?"

Mellny skips in a circle around you.

You beam happily at Xilona!

You wink at Mellny.

Mellny stares at a wide-mouthed mahogany barrel.

Speaking lightly to Mellny, you complain, "You'll make me dizzy!"

Xilona says, "I can certainly put Bart away if he is a concern."

You perch atop one of the nearby high barstools and lean forward against the white oak bar.

Nehor nods.

Speaking modestly to you, Mellny replies, "You be mos' welcome."

Xilona puckers up and blows a kiss at a bristly black rat in her hand.

Mellny skips in a merry little circle around a wide-mouthed mahogany barrel.

You hold your sides and let out a rumbling belly laugh.

You glance over your shoulder at Mellny.

Faerinn perches atop one of the nearby high barstools and leans forward against the white oak bar.

Speaking to Faerinn, you say, "Why hello there."

Xilona put a glass of whiskey splashed with amaretto in her black satin pouch.

(Faerinn kicks against the bar sending himself spinning on the barstool for several rotations.)

Speaking quietly to Greth, Dhairn asks, "She old enough to be in here?"

He smells just like Faerinn.

You take a quick appraisal of Faerinn and find that he has no apparent injuries.

Rinori tugs the hood attached to her black wool cowl up onto her head, easily hiding her face in its folds.

Speaking to you, Faerinn says, "Hello again."

Ordim gives his muffin a little prod with the tip of his finger.

You quietly whisper to Faerinn, "That'd better be fake wolf, friend."

You slowly drum your fingers on your slate battle harness, narrowing your eyes.

Speaking to Madalayne, Wodsong says, "I don't see the Urn, it might be safe."

Xilona removes a glass of whiskey splashed with amaretto from in her black satin pouch.

Faerinn shrugs at you.

You growl at Faerinn.

Faerinn whispers, "Sure."

Lynaera folds her hands behind her back.

Speaking stiffly to Faerinn, you say, "This is not something that is negotiable."

Nehor whispers something to Ordim.

Ordim nods faintly.

You quietly whisper to Faerinn, "Wolves should be buried in the earth, not worn about in their parts."

Xilona takes a drink from her glass of whiskey.

Xilona gags.

Ordim whispers something to Nehor.

Madalayne frowns at Wodsong.

Ordim beams!

Faerinn nods to you.

You quietly whisper to Faerinn, "Our spirits must remain free."

Nehor looks over at Ordim and shakes his head.

You fold your arms over your chest.

Madalayne says, "Can't be sure yet."

Ordim bounces around happily.

Ordim gasps.

Ordim hangs his head.

Speaking to Ordim, Nehor promises, "Soon."

She smells just like Madalayne.

You take a quick appraisal of Madalayne and find that she has no apparent injuries.

Ordim sighs.

Ordim nods understandingly at Nehor.

Wodsong nods.

Rinori folds her wings across her back.

Speaking abruptly to Madalayne, you say, "You're a new face."

Nehor pats Ordim lightly on the head.

Ordim fidgets.

Faerinn takes a bite of his apple-filled crepe.

Wodsong sits down.

Madalayne blinks.

Speaking to his pumpkin spice muffin, Ordim says, "You'll do for now."

Speaking to Madalayne, you say, "My name is Darcena Wolf-Valslayer the Harbinger, Ishan, and Butcher."

You say, "You can call me Darcena."

Khobra takes a drink from her blood red rum.

You nod once at Madalayne.

Xilona gazes with interest at a weathered rough stone fireplace.

Speaking admiringly to Madalayne, Mellny says, "Dat sure be a fine hat."

You give a sidelong glance at Wodsong.

Nehor disapprovingly mutters, "More titles than some minor nobility I've met."

Dayzed just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

He smells just like Wodsong.

You take a quick appraisal of Wodsong and find that he has no apparent wounds.
He has a mangled right arm.

Speaking to Nehor, Ordim adds, "And none of them rhyme!"

You are now speaking Giantman.

Madalayne says, "I'm Mad."

Speaking quietly to Madalayne, Dhairn says, "You can call her whatever ya'd like. Nobody takes her seriously anyway."

Ordim furrows his brow.

Xanthium just arrived.

Opalina walks over to the couch and settles down.

Xanthium smiles.

Tatria just arrived.

Speaking in Giantman to Wodsong, you ask, "Hello Clan Brother. I know you're going to be burying those boots and getting a new pair before the day is done, yes?"

Madalayne grins.

Xanthium kisses you tenderly on the cheek.

Dhairn removes a mug of Blackdew grog from in his oiled leather case.

Ordim strides a few steps backward.

Speaking to Madalayne, Xilona asks, "Your name or current state?"

Xanthium nods to Nehor in greeting.

Speaking to Madalayne, Mellny offers, "I be a bit mad when I be hunry."

Xilona peers quizzically at Madalayne.

Xanthium smiles at Xilona.

Madalayne says, "Yes."

Xanthium kisses Xilona tenderly on the cheek.

Nehor glances at Xanthium.

Ordim giggles.

You kiss Xanthium tenderly on the cheek.

Xilona hugs Xanthium.

Selbi Soliloquizes that the Flock Should Have More Say

Selbi wanders in.

Faerinn nods to Xanthium in greeting.

You glare at Dhairn.

Faerinn nods to Selbi in greeting.

Xanthium smiles at Faerinn.

Speaking offhandedly to Xanthium, Nehor notes, "Gracing us with your presence, I see."

Khobra glances at Selbi.

Narrowing her gaze, Tatria inclines her head in a greeting that is punctuated by the nonsensical whispering of lost souls.

Nehor turns to face Selbi.

Speaking disdainfully to Dhairn, you say, "You should really stop talking about yourself like that."

Ordim glances nervously at Selbi.

Nehor bows respectfully before Selbi, his eyes fixed firmly on the ground.

Wodsong sniffs.

A reddish glow pulses for a moment somewhere in the shadows.

Steenk casually observes his surroundings.

Selbi slowly empties her lungs.

Speaking to Nehor, Xanthium says, "That's the right term."

Lynaera nods politely at Selbi.

Xanthium ponders.

Selbi shrilly mutters, "Right, then."

Juspera just arrived.

Xanthium says, "Mm, a moment."

You hear a quiet rustling near the chair.

Xanthium just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

Juspera glances at a set of swinging oak doors.

Xilona takes a moment to observe Selbi.

You glance at Selbi.

Naamit suddenly fades into view.

She smells just like Selbi.

You take a quick appraisal of Selbi and find that she has no apparent injuries.

Selbi clears her throat.

Nehor leans against a weathered rough stone fireplace.

Nehor folds his arms over his chest.

Faerinn nods to Naamit in greeting.

As Opalina pets a flecked pearl white lizard, it nuzzles her hand in response.

You murmur, "So this is her..."

As Opalina strokes a flecked pearl white lizard, its eyes slowly close and it drifts off to sleep.

Naamit cocks her head at Faerinn.

Xilona nods once at Naamit.

Dhairn quietly says, "Thought I smelled trouble."

Naamit nods once.

Steenk surveys his surroundings warily.

Selbi shrilly says, "Some of you know me, some of you don't, and I don't care too much about either group of folks.  But in the interest of limiting stupid questions, my name is Selbi, and Socius put me in charge of his town, and his Isle.  That means I make the decisions, at least for now, as they pertain to this Isle.  I don't, however, handle the complaints.  Any complaints should be shouted down the nearest privy, as you're more likely to get a good response that way."

Faerinn takes a bite of his apple-filled crepe.

You nod slowly at Lynaera. [Reacting to a removed whisper.]

Selbi grumbles.

Xanthium just arrived.

Xanthium grins at Juspera.

Speaking to himself, Ordim whispers aloud, "It's the Iyo's island."

Ordim furrows his brow.

You stare at Selbi.

Xanthium kisses Juspera on the cheek.

Tatria wrinkles her nose.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "There you are."

Juspera kisses Xanthium tenderly on the cheek.

Faerinn nods to Juspera in greeting.

Speaking to yourself, you mutter, "Great, another administrator that doesn't do their job."

Steenk appears uncomfortable as he observes his environment.

You fold your arms over your chest.

Xilona smirks.

Xanthium looks thoughtfully at Naamit.

Nehor whispers something to Lynaera.

Faerinn spends some time haggling with Greth Rottgut.

Opalina smiles at Selbi.

Xanthium folds her hands behind her back.

High Lord Sarmoya just arrived, striding along.

Dhairn grins at Selbi.

Sarmoya bows.

Speaking to you, Xilona says, "She's done wellish so far."

Sarmoya says, "Good afternoon."

Xanthium surreptitiously glances at Nehor.

You nod absently at Sarmoya.

Selbi squeakily says, "We've recently had a bunch of idiocy running rampant around the Isle, and I'm sure we're all sick of it.  Well, I'm sure that I am, in any case, and that's all that matters."

Faerinn nods to Sarmoya in greeting.

Nehor frowns at Sarmoya.

Speaking warmly to Sarmoya, you say, "Afternoon."

Selbi squints.

Ordim nods in agreement.

Steenk looks around nervously, ready to bolt.

Khobra squints.

Opalina peers quizzically at Selbi.

Ordim offers, "But now Socius is gone!"

Ordim lets out a cheer!

Tatria casually glances around the room.

Nehor agrees with Ordim.

You ponder the meaning of Lynaera's existence. [Reacting to a removed whisper.]

Xanthium smiles at Naamit.

Mellny spends some time haggling with Greth Rottgut.

Naamit examines her fingernails.

Speaking quietly to Selbi, Dhairn asks, "A land without idiocy doesn't exist. What level are you willing to tolerate here?"

Juspera fidgets.

Speaking lightly to Dhairn, Nehor quips, "Well she hasn't exiled you yet..."

Nehor examines his fingernails.

Ordim ponders.

Xilona winks at Juspera.

Selbi squeakily says, "I've got a few things I need to announce, because we're moving forward.  There's no reason we can't have some order, and some prosperity, and some peace."

Juspera grins at Xilona.

Xilona agrees with Selbi.

Xanthium smiles at Juspera.

You nod in agreement.

Tatria looks thoughtfully at Selbi.

Xanthium laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.

You say, "Order is very important."

You glance expectantly at Selbi.

Nehor agrees with you.

Naamit surreptitiously glances at Nehor.

Juspera scratches her ear.

Naamit purses her lips, the glaes ring within them appearing a bit more prominent.

You frown at Nehor.

Nehor smoothly says, "On this, and perhaps only this, the She-wolf and I agree."

Dhairn takes a drink from his Blackdew grog.

Dhairn looks quite relaxed.

Faerinn takes a drink from his black coffee.

Selbi squeakily says, "For those who don't know, we had some truly stupid things happen, all while under Socius' care... and I use that word very loosely when it comes to that thickheaded child."

Selbi mutters under her breath.

Ordim nods in agreement.

You ponder the meaning of Selbi's existence.

Ordim scowls.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "She does not remind me of my mother."

Faerinn grins.

Ordim mutters something about butcher.

Xilona squints at Selbi.

Khobra smirks.

Xanthium looks over at Juspera and shakes her head.

Juspera shushes Xanthium!

Juspera smiles at Selbi.

Aleid suddenly fades into view.

Mellny fidgets.

Sarmoya bows to Aleid.

Nehor nods to Aleid in greeting.

Selbi squeakily says, "He's reactionary, crude, and doesn't think beyond the end of his blades.  I do believe he'd hurt himself if he tried to figure out his next meal without help."

Speaking to Selbi, you add, "And he doesn't listen to the wisdom around him."

Xanthium looks thoughtfully at Selbi.

Naamit shakes her head, clucking her tongue.

Ordim nods in agreement.

Xilona scowls.

Speaking quietly to herself, Tatria says, "Reminds me of badger , small but vicious."

You fold your arms over your chest.

Selbi squeakily says, "In short, he made a damnable mess of things, and it's up to me to fix it."

Dhairn quietly says, "You know they say great passions in thinking about an individual are signs of unrequited love."

Dhairn examines his fingernails.

Selbi squints at Dhairn.

Dhairn quietly says, "Just sayin."

Dhairn shrugs.

Speaking squeakily to Dhairn, Selbi says, "You don't seem like you're too used to thinking about anything at all."

Dayzed laughs softly, trying to hide his amusement.

Juspera laughs!

Looking at Selbi, you hold your sides and let out a rumbling belly laugh.

Juspera clasps her hand over her mouth.

You nod in agreement at Selbi.

Juspera coughs.

Xilona bites her lip.

Ordim says, "Silly Socius sinisterly sacked several sisters sanctums, slicing savage scars."

Nehor grins wryly.

You hear someone snicker.

Ordim twitches, trying to control a vocal outburst, before settling into a disdained grumble while regaining composure.

Wodsong ponders.

Xanthium folds her hands behind her back.

Tatria glances at Dhairn.

Selbi grumbles.

Mellny giggles to herself.

Faerinn chuckles.

Khobra glances between Selbi and Dhairn.

Opalina seems to be waiting for something.

You gaze in amusement at your surroundings.

Faerinn takes a drink from his black coffee.

Akenna just arrived.

Xanthium strides over to stand before Faerinn.

Speaking quietly to Selbi, Dhairn says, "It's true. I'm not very bright."

Faerinn nods to Akenna in greeting.

Lynaera nods politely at Akenna.

A black-eared red and grey fox pads in.

Selbi squeakily says, "Now then... as I was saying... it's time to make things right.  And we have a long way to go."

Nehor glances at Akenna.

Darcena smiles warmly at Akenna before turning her attention back to Selbi.

Nehor sighs.

Xanthium perches atop one of the nearby high barstools and leans forward against the white oak bar.

Ordim fidgets.

Faerinn smiles at Xanthium.

Nehor turns an inquisitive ear toward Selbi.

Speaking to himself, Ordim whispers aloud, "Like who keeps stealing my muffins."

Speaking to Faerinn, Xanthium says, "Seems a good perch."

Ordim's eyes crease slightly downward.

Ordim glances down.

Faerinn removes a warm orange muffin from in his ebon longcoat.

Faerinn offers Ordim a warm orange muffin.

Akenna runs her hand underneath the shoulder strap of her musette, making certain that it won't slip off while moving.

Selbi squeakily says, "I will be seeking input from you all, but we need some organization, or nothing is going to get done."

Ordim glances at Faerinn.

Ordim adopts an agreeable expression.

Speaking to Ordim, Aleid whispers aloud, "I know who."

You glance guiltily at Ordim.

Ordim accepts Faerinn's orange muffin.

Faerinn grins at Ordim.

Ordim nods approvingly at Faerinn.

Ordim turns to face Aleid.

Aleid surreptitiously glances at Faerinn.

Selbi squeakily says, "Because I certainly won't be listening to everyone's meandering wishes."

Faerinn nods to Aleid in greeting.

Aleid examines her fingernails.

Akenna nods once.

You ponder the meaning of Selbi's existence.

Ordim briefly draws down the edges of his slate grey cowl.
Ordim takes a bite of his orange muffin.

Ordim adopts an agreeable expression.

Aleid tilts her head up.

Speaking politely to Selbi, you inquire, "Are you accepting suggestions on this order and organization?"

You give your eyebrow a little workout.

Ordim taps something in a talon-toggled coat collared with a multihued crest of feathers.

Naamit folds her arms over her chest.

Dhairn quietly says, "Because the first thing Darcena knows about is order and organization."

Dhairn nods once.

You drawl, "Or will you be like Socius and ignore the collective wisdom around you?"

Speaking squeakily to you, Selbi says, "I'm getting there.  Calm down before you explode."

Juspera appears to be struggling to keep a straight face.

Selbi scowls at you.

Ordim rocks back on his heels.

Wodsong says, "I recommend baskets and tasteful shelving."

Wodsong nods.

You hear someone laughing softly nearby.

Speaking to Dhairn, you say, "I've met you precisely twice. You should probably not speak about me at all."

Khobra glances between Selbi and yourself.

Akenna gestures crisply and utters a practiced phrase as raw elemental energies issue forth from her dimly glowing eyes.
Akenna gestures.
Akenna appears to be keenly aware of her surroundings.

Juspera smiles at Wodsong.

Appearing lost in the commotion around him, Ordim's eyes slowly begin to cross as he stares off into the distance.  Abruptly, Ordim shakes his head, and his eyes focus forward.

Tatria takes a moment to observe you.

Nehor glances between Dhairn and yourself.

Speaking quietly to you, Dhairn says, "Once is enough."

Xilona sighs.

Juspera leans on Xilona, giving her a companionable grin.

Wolfloner gestures while calling upon the lesser spirits for aid...

Selbi squeakily says, "In my time here on the Isle, I've seen infighting, back-stabbing, and even some behaviors I didn't appreciate."

Ordim scowls.

Dayzed rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Ordim exclaims, "That terrible militia!"

Ordim nods in agreement.

You scowl at Ordim.

Xilona winks at Juspera.

Xanthium asks, "Does that mean you liked the stabbing?"

Nehor nods gravely at Ordim.

The red and grey fox pants quietly.

Juspera shoots an angry glare at Ordim, her fingers twitching as she seethes.

Khobra casually observes her surroundings.

Xanthium glances at Selbi.

Tatria wrinkles her nose.

Naamit groans at Ordim.

Selbi squeakily says, "I've watched people flailing around with no real guidance, or leadership, each marching to their own drummer... and as a note, none of the drummers appeared particularly skilled."

Speaking sorrowfully to Ordim, Nehor says, "Tis what happens when you listen to the masses. A terrible burden to put on those unable."

Lynaera raises an eyebrow in Juspera's direction.

Ordim nods in agreement at Nehor.

Talinvor suddenly fades into view.

Opalina snickers.

Tatria glances at Nehor.

Khobra raises an eyebrow in Selbi's direction.

You tap your foot impatiently.

Nehor nods to Talinvor in greeting.

Selbi squeakily adds, "With one exception."

Talinvor nods in greeting at Nehor.

Selbi grumbles.

Tatria turns to face Selbi.

Juspera glances suspiciously at Selbi.

Dhairn blinks.

Sarmoya frowns.

You narrow your eyes.

Dhairn quietly says, "Oh this isn't going to go over well."

Xanthium says, "Perhaps something more melodic is in order."

Xilona agrees with Dhairn.

Talinvor steeples his fingers together, quietly observing his surroundings.

You smoothly say, "Yes, the Defenders have really banded together at times to save Mist Harbor."

Nehor coughs.

Juspera is admiring you.

The red and grey fox pads around the room.

Akenna pets a black-eared red and grey fox, which nuzzles her hand softly.

Xanthium smiles at Akenna.

Speaking in Elven to a black-eared red and grey fox, Akenna whispers aloud something you don't understand.

Juspera quietly mutters, "I thought we did really well."

Naamit removes a cup of rich black coffee from in her crimson backpack.

Ordim nods in agreement at Juspera.

The red and grey fox sits down.

Faerinn pats Juspera lightly on the head.

Juspera shushes Ordim!

Talinvor holds up his hand and tilts it side to side in a so-so gesture.

Speaking to Juspera, Ordim confirms, "Fodder is always needed."

Xilona touches Juspera.

Xanthium grins at Faerinn.

Juspera scowls at Faerinn.

Faerinn grins at Juspera.

Juspera folds her arms over her chest.

Speaking comfortingly to Juspera, Nehor soothes, "It is not your fault. Thinking and its burden should never have been put upon you."

Nehor pats Juspera lightly on the head.

Selbi squeakily says, "The birdbrains... or whatever they call themselves... have been united in purpose from the time they came to my notice.  And while they started out on a bad course, they've proven themselves time and again to have the town's best interest at heart."

Juspera whines, "Stoppp!"

Juspera ducks slightly and covers her head with her arms.

Nehor adopts an agreeable expression.

Naamit stares at Selbi.

Ordim briefly draws down the edges of his slate grey cowl.

Ordim takes a bite of his orange muffin.

Naamit stands up.

Speaking abruptly to Selbi, you growl, "What?"

Xilona groans.

Talinvor appears to be trying hard not to grin.

Speaking in Guildspeak, Naamit says something you don't understand.

Speaking to Nehor, Ordim whispers aloud, "Does she mean the Flock?"

Ordim furrows his brow.

Tatria asks, "Birdbrain?"

Akenna raises an eyebrow.

Speaking to her unkempt seagull charm, Mellny whispers aloud, "Not you."

Mellny pets a beady-eyed unkempt seagull, soothing its articulated feathers.  The bird stretches, then tucks its head under its wing for a nap.

Juspera asks, "Wait, what?"

Tatria glances askance around the room.

Sarmoya narrows his eyes.

Aleid rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Speaking to Selbi, Xilona says, "You must have bumped your head."

Talinvor gives a sidelong glance at Naamit.

Faerinn waves to Naamit.

Xanthium looks thoughtfully at Naamit.

Akenna's jaw drops.

Speaking quietly to Greth, Dhairn says, "Aaaaand... that'll be another grog please."

Talinvor asks, "Now insults?"

Speaking squeakily to Nehor, Selbi says, "And while I think you've barely got enough brainpower to blow your nose, I can appreciate the fact that you've put your group to the Isle's defense on a regular basis."

Talinvor looks thoughtfully at Xilona.

Talinvor shakes his head, clucking his tongue.

Ordim adopts an agreeable expression.

Juspera glances incredulously at Selbi.

Khobra takes a drink from her blood red rum.

Khobra looks rather relaxed.

Akenna clenches her jaw.

Akenna abruptly says, "Surely you can't be serious."

Speaking angrily to Selbi, you exclaim, "This is absurd. They wanted to end our world for their own power and gain!"

Faerinn spends some time haggling with Greth Rottgut.

Aleid admits, "Nehor is nothing if not organized. Not sure what else though."

Xilona squints at Talinvor.

Aleid rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Juspera nods at Akenna.

You exclaim, "They slaughtered dozens!"

Akenna points at you!

Tatria asks, "Who is birdbrain?"

Speaking smoothly to Selbi, Nehor interjects, "Whilst you are always unique in your terminology, I could not agree with you more on your conclusions."

Speaking quietly to Selbi, Dhairn says, "Show that gratitude with some coin, and then watch what happens."

Speaking to Xilona, Juspera says, "This can't be the real Selbi."

Speaking angrily to Selbi, Akenna says, "They have slaughtered people."

You angrily growl, "Nehor cowers and wets his breeches every time a single enemy arrives!"

Aleid plainly asks, "Baker's dozens?"

Speaking disbelievingly to Selbi, Naamit growls, "If you think for a hot minute the Flock has this town's best interests in mind, you've another thing coming and I damned well hope you manage to get there before others walk far far away from your muttering."

Xilona shrugs at Juspera.

Faerinn takes a drink from his glass of absinthe.
Faerinn looks rather relaxed.

Talinvor rolls his eyes.

Aleid glances at Ordim.

Rinori sighs.

Speaking squeakily to Nehor, Selbi says, "Save the flowery words, nitwit.  What I need is organization."

Xilona agrees with Naamit.

Speaking to Aleid, Ordim suggests, "A dozen Ordims."

Ordim nods in agreement at Aleid.

Naamit quickly turns on the heel of one of her spike-heeled shoes.

Aleid nods in agreement at Ordim.

Juspera gets a blank look on her face.

Juspera says, "I don't understand."

Tatria turns to face Nehor.

Akenna agrees, "He swings around the harbor pretending to defend.  He never does though not fully.  He grandstands while people NEED help."

Nehor calmly informs, "Then that is what you shall receive. If you need the Flock to step into a more...direct role in helping the Isle...we are more than able."

Speaking angrily to Juspera, you say, "Selbi clearly can be bought with coin."

Pulling up the edges of his crimson velvet coatee, Nehor laughs loudly, giving a wide, toothy smile as he dips into a grandiose bow.

Speaking to Selbi, Xanthium asks, "Is there a reason you're trying to break us up?"

Juspera says, "The militia was perfectly organized."

Juspera nods slowly to you.

Socius Argues with Selbi

Socius melts out of a nearby shadow, growling low in his chest.

Speaking to Selbi, Socius growls, "They cannot be trusted... I have told you of them."

Speaking to Nehor, Tatria asks, "You are leader?"

Speaking incredulously to Selbi, Akenna says, "I cannot believe this."

Ordim scowls.

Xilona stands up.

Nehor glances at Socius.

Aleid moves to stand behind Nehor.

Juspera can offer Lynaera only a blank expression.

Lynaera nods politely at Socius.

(Naamit strides toward the swinging oak doors, ready to leave but pauses as Socius enters.)

Talinvor whispers something to Ordim.

Nehor frowns.

Ordim mutters, "The butcher!"

Selbi gives Socius a hard glare.

Naamit stares at Selbi.

Nehor moves to stand in front of Selbi.

Xilona stands in front of a weathered rough stone fireplace.

Speaking to Socius, you snarl, "Who is this menace you brought to our Isle? You've clearly messed up YET again!"

Faerinn takes a drink from his black coffee.

Speaking shrilly to Socius, Selbi informs, "You left ME in charge of your town, Socius, and I will do what I feel is appropriate.  If you you were willing to use your brain as more than a placeholder for the space between your ears, you'd see that this is the right choice!"

Speaking to Selbi, Xanthium says, "The only reason you could possibly be saying this is to make the occupants of this room even more tense than they already are."

Speaking to Socius, Nehor warns, "Come to harm mistress Selbi have you?!"

Khobra glances between Socius and Selbi.

Talinvor chuckles.

Socius clenches his jaw, glowering at Selbi.

Aleid glances between Socius and Selbi.

Speaking to Ordim, Faerinn says, "I hope he makes me some proscuitto."

Speaking tersely to Selbi, Socius growls, "You would be wise to mind your words, Mistress Selbi.  I have put you in charge of my island, it is true, but that is a privilege that can be retracted."

Speaking to Faerinn, Ordim whispers aloud, "He's only good at cutting off heads."

Faerinn takes a drink from his glass of absinthe.

You growl at Nehor.

Ordim furrows his brow.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "Or provoke exactly what she's gotten."

Juspera fidgets.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "Bring Socius out for a confrontation."

Xilona grins wickedly.

Speaking to Socius, Ordim reminds, "The Iyo's island."

Speaking to Socius, you demand, "Then take back your place now."

Speaking skeptically to Socius, Naamit whispers aloud, "Has she been compromised?"

Selbi snickers cruelly at Socius, a sneer creeping across her countenance.

Speaking to Socius, Nehor accuses, "Your time is done! The people have spoken! Even your headmistress does not want you any more! Under your leadership reality itself was almost torn asunder!"

Speaking to Nehor, Naamit says, "Shut up."

Socius hunches up his shoulders and snarls menacingly at Nehor!

Speaking calmly to Selbi, Akenna assures, "If you want to make enemies, you've made one of me."

Speaking shrilly to Socius, Selbi mocks, "You were always only good for one thing, Socius... and thinking wasn't it.  If you truly feel that your way... which, let me remind you, is what GOT us all here in the first place... is the best course of action... well, then you're more stupid then you were as a lad, which is saying something."

Tatria acts puzzled.

Ordim ponders.

Aleid clasps her hand over her mouth.

Greth clears his throat meaningfully.

Talinvor says, "He had it. He left it voluntarily. He's killed his own and and attempted to pawn his issues elsewhere."

Opalina stands up.

Juspera glances nervously around the room.

Talinvor waves his hand in a dismissive gesture.

Nehor agrees with Talinvor.

Lynaera raises an eyebrow.

Greth begins to speak, his tone measured and steely.  "Mistress Selbi... Socius... this place is a safe haven.  We have children sleeping in just the other room.  Before things get any louder, I'd kindly ask you both to take it outside."

Nehor looks over at Xanthium and shakes his head.

Tatria glances askance at Greth.

Xilona grins at Greth.

Opalina slowly empties her lungs.

Socius narrows his eyes, his gaze never leaving Selbi's, and nods slowly.

Speaking primly to Xanthium, Nehor says, "A bribe? No. She simply recognizes the immense force for good the Flock has been in the lives of the people of the Harbor."

Dayzed fiddles with the edges of his polar bearskin cloak in a fit of nervous energy.

Dhairn quietly says, "Protecting the isle by befriending those who lay with the enemy is about as tried and failed a concept as history has."

Socius quietly says, "Outside, then, if you would not mind, Mistress Selbi.  It would appear we have some things to discuss."

Nehor strikes a noble, proud pose, throwing his crimson velvet coatee back and staring off into the distance.

Ordim gasps.

Speaking to Nehor, you growl, "You've sunk so low. Buying off Selbi since you couldn't get to Socius and the Defenders."

Lynaera glances out.

Faerinn stands up.

Juspera shifts her weight.

Speaking to Socius, Akenna says, "If you need help to remove the rabble, let me know."

Selbi snorts in derision, nodding once at Socius.

Wodsong stands up.

Ordim looks thoughtfully at you.

Talinvor takes a slow, deep breath then pinches the bridge of his nose.

Speaking to Socius, Sarmoya advises, "I would practice caution."

Selbi shrilly mutters, "Fine.  Let's... discuss."

Dhairn stands up.

Nehor exclaims, "You just want to get her alone so you can enact needless violence!"

Xanthium says, "It's always possible both of them have lost their faculties from the snow."

Greth nods his head appreciatively, then turns back to his bar, muttering.

Xanthium holds up two fingers and slowly pinches them together until they are almost touching.

Faerinn takes a drink from his black coffee.

Talinvor says, "The defendors... so prone to violence on simple words."

Aleid nods in agreement at Nehor.

Talinvor shakes his head, clucking his tongue.

Speaking to Nehor, Akenna says, "You'd do well to shut up."

Ordim nods in agreement at Talinvor.

Dayzed laughs softly, trying to hide his amusement.

Selbi shakes her head in annoyance.

Speaking to Nehor, Akenna says, "I agree with Naamit on that."

You glance at Greth.

Selbi just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

Speaking to Talinvor, Ordim confirms, "Can't get anything with just words."

Ordim sighs.

Dayzed just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

Socius just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

Speaking disbelievingly to Greth, you say, "You cannot support the Flock."

Wodsong's group just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

You hear very soft footsteps.

Talinvor grins smugly.

Relic Hunter Ordim just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

Mellny eagerly says, "I hope dey discuss dese t'ings loudly."

Xanthium glances at a set of swinging oak doors.

Speaking to Akenna, Nehor exclaims, "Always trying to silence those dissenting voices!"

Mellny just skipped merrily through a set of swinging oak doors.

Sarmoya frowns.

High Lord Talinvor just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

You move toward a set of swinging oak doors, striding away.
[Western Harbor, Seathrak Way]
Prismatic swirls spiral across the pale cobblestones, their source the glass-sided lanterns that are hung in even intervals amongst the cottages and shops that line the street.  Loud and distinct, the thunderous crash of the surf upon the nearby jetty floods the area and carries with it the acrid scent of the sea, while nearer at hand is the sound of women laughing.  You also see a shimmering opaline horned beetle that is flying around.
Also here: High Lord Talinvor, Mellny, Relic Hunter Ordim, Mistress Khobra, Madalayne, Wodsong, Socius, Dayzed, Selbi
Obvious paths: northeast, southeast, southwest, northwest

High Lord Sarmoya just arrived, striding along.

Flockmaster Nehor's group just arrived.

Lord Faerinn just arrived.

Dhairn just arrived, striding along.

Lady in Waiting Lynaera just arrived.

Xanthium just arrived.

Ordim joins Nehor's group.

Tatria just arrived.

Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit just arrived.

Talinvor joins Nehor's group.

Opalina just arrived.

Khobra joins your group.

You notice Steenk try to tiptoe silently by you.

Speaking to Selbi, Socius exclaims, "You have no IDEA what you're doing.  You were not here when they were killing innocents!"

Faerinn points at Steenk, ruining his hiding place.

Wolfloner just arrived.

As Dayzed draws a sturdy deringo walking stick topped with a petrified aivren egg, currents of air unfurl about its surface, coalescing about it a miniature vortex before fading away.

Steenk blinks at Faerinn.

Defender of Mist Harbor Xilona's group just arrived.

Juspera resignedly says, "Okay."

Faerinn waves to Steenk.

Akenna just arrived.

Tatria glances at Steenk.

Rinori just arrived.

Speaking to Steenk, Faerinn says, "Gonna miss a good show, I think."

Speaking quietly to Ordim, Aleid whispers aloud, "What innocents does he mean?"

Juspera glances between Socius and Selbi.

Speaking squeakily to Socius, Selbi says, "And without them, this whole WORLD would be gone, Socius.  You were always narrow-minded, but this is a stretch, even for you."

Naamit says, "Clearly she doesn't care."

Ordim shrugs at Aleid.

Socius growls ferociously!

Aleid furrows her brow.

Juspera says, "She's not talking sense."

Xilona whispers something to Juspera.

Juspera blinks.

Speaking to Aleid, you say, "The Flock helped invade this town, killing dozens."

Speaking arrogantly to Socius, Nehor says, "I assure you, your inactions have killed far more innocents than the Flock ever has. Mistakes were made, yes, but at least we DID something."

Speaking quietly to Faerinn, Steenk asks, "Who do I pay to watch this circus?"

Akenna exclaims, "They save it so they can lord over it!"

Aleid glances at Nehor.

Speaking to Aleid, Ordim whispers aloud, "Socius blames us for the Krolvin attack he couldn't stop. The Noble, Strong, Proud Iyo had to do it."

Ordim nods in agreement at Aleid.

Selbi is Attacked


Selbi gasps as a dart comes flying from a darkened corner and imbeds itself in her neck!

From nearby, a harsh female voice calls out, "Obligations should always be fulfilled."  Then there is the bright flash of a Chronomage teleporter, which momentarily illuminates the corner.  A slender form can barely be glimpsed for half a heartbeat, then it disappears.


Akenna exclaims, "They've done terrible things!"

Faerinn shakes his head.

Speaking to Nehor, Naamit says, "You can't save face in this town, Nehor."

Aleid understandingly says, "Oh."

Naamit surreptitiously glances at Selbi.

Selbi shrieks shrilly, flailing at her neck, then suddenly slumps to the ground.  An enruned crimson dart falls beside her, its runes flaring wildly for a moment before becoming inert.

Juspera says, "Um."

Mellny happily exclaims, "Oy!"

Speaking skeptically to Akenna, you ask, "When have they ever saved it?"

Juspera surveys the area.

Speaking to Steenk, Faerinn says, "This is tax payer funded."

Naamit places her hand on her asymmetric girdle.
Naamit shifts her weight.

Mellny leans forward.

Nehor glances at Socius.

Ordim glances down.

Ordim scowls.

Lynaera looks at Selbi with concern.

Xanthium is admiring Naamit.

Ordim turns to face Socius.

Akenna lets out a long, contemplative breath.

Steenk looks up toward the sun.

Khobra glances between Socius and Selbi.

Socius stares in shock at Selbi's limp form, then turns with a roar and dashes for the shadowy corner, blades materializing in each hand!

Sarmoya looks thoughtfully at Selbi.

Xilona glances at Socius.

You glance at Selbi.

Nehor gasps.

Ordim narrows his eyes.

Socius growls in frustration, looking around wildly.

You start a careful diagnosis of her condition . . .
Selbi is in perfect health.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

Mellny cheerfully offers, "Dat drummer sure did have good aims!"

Juspera nods slowly at Xilona.

Speaking to you, Talinvor says, "The flock also saved the town from demons, prevented Nazhor from further power. Diplomaticized with the Iyo and even helped rescue children recently."

Ordim exclaims, "Socius hired an assassin to take back his island!"

Ordim points at Socius.

Speaking to Socius, Nehor exclaims, "You dare strike at her?!"

Socius screams out a vile epithet, his head thrown to the sky.

Nehor points at Socius.

Tatria looks thoughtfully at Talinvor.

Aleid says, "Talk about bad form."

Faerinn says, "That dart...who did that."

Socius rushes over to Selbi's form and kneels beside her for a moment, one hand on her throat.

Nehor accuses, "You brought here here...outside...where the assassin could strike!"

Rinori raises an eyebrow.

Socius glances between Selbi and an enruned crimson dart.

Steenk stands in front of an enruned crimson dart.

Speaking to Talinvor, you exclaim, "They  had to be strongarmed into helping in the first two situations and the second was only a power grab by that muffin man!"

Speaking to Talinvor, Tatria asks, "Why do all hate flock then?"

Speaking quickly to Faerinn, Mellny blurts, "I were standin' right 'ere!"

Faerinn says, "There was another party here for just a second."

Lynaera authoritatively commands, "If there is a healer with us, please see to Ms. Selbi."

Khobra blinks at Socius.

Naamit casts an appraising gaze over her surroundings, seemingly taking in every detail.

Speaking to Socius, Xanthium asks, "Someone beat you to it.  Do you really want to do this when she's helpless?"

Rinori pushes the hood attached to her black wool cowl off of her head, allowing its ends to hang down her back.

You lean close to the dart and inhale.  You recoil slightly at the sharp smell of copper blended with undertones of something vaguely resembling citrus.

Juspera asks, "I'm so confused.. what was that flash?"

Faerinn kneels down.

You blink at an enruned crimson dart.

Faerinn prods an enruned crimson dart with the tip of his finger.

You say, "What...."

Ordim stares at Socius.

Speaking to Socius, Xanthium says, "I don't think it'll have the effect you're wanting."

Socius looks around, his gaze hard, then lunges to his feet and picks up Selbi, muttering, "Have to get her to safety."

Steenk takes a moment to observe an enruned crimson dart.

An extremely sharp, yet hollow, tip adorns this sleek dart.  The body of the projectile is a deep ebony wood of some sort, and covered almost entirely with crimson runes of an unfamiliar origin.

Faerinn says, "Hollow."

Mellny squints at an enruned crimson dart.

Aleid makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...

Aleid gestures at an enruned crimson dart.

Speaking confusedly to Tatria, Talinvor says, "No idea. I suppose like Socius - they turn to violence as the answer."

Juspera fidgets.

Socius glares at Nehor for a long moment, then mutters, "Penre... saved that one, he can help her, too." and rushes back into the bar.

Dhairn quietly says, "She's only asleep."

Juspera distractedly glances around the area.

Faerinn says, "There was something in it."

Talinvor looks thoughtfully at Socius.

Opalina nods at Socius.

Speaking to Lynaera, Nehor instructs, "Watch over them, make sure the healers do not try to do even more harm. She has enemies."

Socius just went into a ramshackle brown-shingled store.

You say, "It... It smells strange."

Mellny says, "Squiggles on it."

Xanthium nods at Faerinn.

Tatria nods thoughtfully at Talinvor.

Mellny nods sagely.

Ordim glances at a plain white stucco store.

Opalina just went into a ramshackle brown-shingled store.

Lynaera nods once at Nehor.

Aleid taps Naamit lightly on her shoulder.

Xilona glances at Nehor.

Speaking to Ordim, Nehor instructs, "Go, find Penre."

Naamit cocks her head at Aleid.

Speaking to Faerinn, Xanthium says, "Perhaps there's more here than is immediately obvious."

Ordim nods.

Ethereal bearded-dragon eels coil to life around Dhairn's arm and chest, writhing and riding hidden currents to form a chelioboros above his gesturing hand. They fade away while his voice becomes but a whisper.
Dhairn gestures at an enruned crimson dart.
Nothing happens.

Ordim ponders.

Ordim surveys the area.

Ordim's face furrows in concentration as he stammers out a magical chant...
Ordim gestures.
A yellow-capped orange-breasted pygmy-parrot flies into the area, circling above Ordim once before landing at his side.

Akenna frowns.

Talinvor says, "And cannot admit failure, so turn to blame others."

Rinori raises an eyebrow in your direction.

Talinvor shrugs.

Naamit says, "Penre works in Greth's. Back in the store."

Ethereal bearded-dragon eels coil to life around Dhairn's arm and chest, writhing and riding hidden currents to form a chelioboros above his gesturing hand. They fade away while his voice becomes but a whisper.
Dhairn gestures at an enruned crimson dart.
Nothing happens.

Juspera says, "It was Greth who wanted them outside. For good reason."

Wodsong leans close to the dart and inhales, then recoils slightly.

Dhairn nods.

Speaking to Rinori, you ask, "Can you smell it?"

Talinvor says, "It's typical villanry."

Relic Hunter Ordim just went into a ramshackle brown-shingled store.

Dhairn leans close to the dart and inhales, then recoils slightly.

Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit just went into a ramshackle brown-shingled store.

Tatria leans close to the dart and inhales, then recoils slightly.

Lynaera nudges the dart with one finger.  The runes along the length of it flare slightly at the touch, but then recede as she withdraws her hand.

You move toward a ramshackle brown-shingled store, striding away.
[Stumbling Pebble Bar II]
Dried, cracked boards mingle with newer knotted pine planks as they spread across the floor from the swinging oak doors to the white oak bar.  Several half-cask chairs are arranged in circles around the room, their backs weathered and cracked, while plump couches face a fireplace that looks as if it has seen better days.  A scattering of cracked peanut shells litters the floor around an oversized bowl that is set upon a faded blue rug.  You also see a yellow-capped orange-breasted pygmy-parrot, a black-eared red and grey fox that is sitting, a wide-mouthed mahogany barrel, a series of high barstools, a basket of sticks and Greth.
Also here: Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit, Relic Hunter Ordim, Opalina, Socius
Obvious exits: none
Khobra followed.

The small door opens, and an elderly man peeks his head out, his face worried.  He catches a glimpse of Selbi's limp form and blanches.  Without a word, he hurries forward and collects her from Socius, struggling somewhat with even her light weight, then rushes her back through the door, closing it tightly behind him.

The orange-breasted pygmy-parrot preens himself quietly.

Naamit nods firmly.

Speaking angrily to Greth, Socius intones, "You will contact me at once when you know anything at all, is that understood?"

Ordim fidgets.

Dayzed just arrived.

Xanthium just arrived.

You belt out, "Penre! Be safe."

Greth nods once to Socius, his eyes wide with fear.  "Of course, Socius.  Where will you be?"

Xanthium glances at Socius.

You hear very soft footsteps.

Lady in Waiting Lynaera just arrived.

Socius menacingly growls, "Hunting.  Contact me through the regular channel."

Ordim narrows his eyes.

Speaking doubtfully to Socius, you ask, "Is she worth saving?"

Defender of Mist Harbor Xilona's group just arrived.

You say, "She just tried to put the FLOCK in power."

The orange-breasted pygmy-parrot pecks at the ground.

Dayzed's deringo walking stick shimmers slightly as whorls of pale white mist swirl about its surface and twine about one another before fading away.

Speaking to Socius, Naamit says, "I will be by your side as you wish it, Socius."

Speaking to you, Socius says, "You do not know her.  She is well worth saving."

Xanthium glances between Socius and Naamit.

Dhairn just arrived, striding along.

Akenna just arrived.

Socius draws a pair of daggers from his pouch and strides through the doors, his face a blank mask, but his eyes simmering with rage.

Adventurers Talk With Greth About What They Heard

Juspera says, "I heard something about a debt being paid or something."

You ponder.

Juspera asks, "Right?"

Lord Faerinn just arrived.

Dhairn just strode through a set of swinging oak doors.

You hear very soft footsteps.

Opalina glances at a set of swinging oak doors.

Mellny just skipped merrily in.

High Lord Sarmoya just arrived, striding along.

Ordim ponders.

Khobra glances at you.

Rinori just arrived.

Xilona slowly empties her lungs.

Greth lets out an explosive oath, covering his eyes with his hands.

Xanthium shrugs.

Speaking to Juspera, Lynaera says, "An obligation, yes."

Juspera asks, "Come on, didn't anybody else hear that?"

You add Xanthium to your group.

Xanthium says, "None of that made much sense to me."

Juspera nods at Lynaera.

Xilona winces.

Greth asks, "What in the name of Jastev happened out there?"

Juspera says, "So uh."

Speaking to Greth, you say, "A woman's voice sounded..."

Faerinn says, "Should thank me, Steenk. Just saved you from an assassination charge."

Speaking to Greth, Ordim exclaims, "Socius setup Selbi for the assassin he hired!"

Flockmaster Nehor's group just arrived.

Ordim flails his arms comically in the air in frustration while crumbs tumble off his clothing.

Speaking to Greth, Naamit says, "Someone ambushed the little woman."

Talinvor nods at Nehor.

Speaking to Greth, Lynaera says, "Someone attacked Administrator Selbi."

Dayzed blinks at Ordim.

Juspera says, "Clearly Selbi has uh. She has a shady past."

Juspera scratches herself on the arm.

Faerinn says, "An assassin shot Selbi with a dart."

Speaking to Greth, Xanthium says, "One of the Chronomages popped in and put Selbi to sleep."

Speaking to Ordim, Xilona says, "Hardly."

You say, "She shot a dart at Selbi. It smells like citrus and blood."

Speaking to Ordim, Naamit says, "Not an accurate recitation of the moment."

Akenna nods to you.

Ordim rolls his eyes.

You say, "And she said 'Obligations should always be fulfilled.'."

Juspera looks thoughtfully at you.

Greth asks, "Citrus?"

Xanthium says, "Not normally what they do, I don't think."

You nod to Greth.

You say, "Covered in red runes."

You say, "Reminded me of ... Socius' ... runes."

Faerinn says, "Let with quickly with a chronomage device."

Juspera says, "A special dart."

Greth says, "That... sounds familiar."

Xanthium nods to you.

Khobra glances between Greth and yourself.

Speaking helpfully to you, Mellny offers, "Squiggles."

Nehor grimly announces, "This is just further evidence that the Isle needs firm leadership. Changes are necessary. Assassins in the streets! This cannot be tolerated any longer...such violence!"

Wolfloner just arrived.

Greth furrows his brow in confusion.

Raising the tips of her fingers briefly to one earlobe, Xilona seems to be channeling sounds from Greth's very being.

Juspera glances inquiringly at Greth.

The orange-breasted pygmy-parrot hops around the room.

Speaking to Greth, Faerinn says, "Hollow to deliver a citrus smelly solution."

Dhairn just arrived, striding along.

Tatria just arrived.

Opalina softly says, "Sounds like he's being framed to me."

Faerinn says, "Probably not a health drink."

Speaking to you, Naamit says, "Similar, but I believe not the same. Likely a poor attempted at replication."

Wodsong's group just arrived.

You nod slowly at Naamit.

Xilona agrees with Naamit.

Xanthium says, "Or this was an interesting drama to find out more about those gathered."

Faerinn says, "The copper is likely the victims blood."

Tatria spends some time haggling with Greth Rottgut.

Xanthium says, "And it had some dimension to it neither of them expected."

Xilona says, "Someone wants us to think Socius is to blamed."

Naamit nods in agreement at Xilona.

Dayzed nods slowly.

Nehor declares, "Selbi put the Flock in charge, and I can assure you good people, we will do everything in our power to ensure this parade of violence and atrocity ends. The Isle must become safe again for all people!"

Ordim says, "Socius secures several shadowy strikers, subduing Selbi swiftly."

Ordim twitches, trying to control a vocal outburst, before settling into a disdained grumble while regaining composure.

Greth says, "I wish I could remember, but there was some sort of... extract or something.  Citrus in nature.  Lots of people got sick, but that was years ago."

Talinvor says, "Or a test to see if Socius is more apt to threaten, or protect. It seemed he distracted Selbi, which led the assasin an opening to strike."

Faerinn says, "It definitely did not come from him."

You hesitantly say, "I did see a flash of a Chronomage teleporter, but that doesn't mean it is a Chronomage."

You growl at Nehor.

Sarmoya asks, "Is there anyone other than the criminals of the Flock who think Socius is responsible for this?"

Juspera says, "Well everyone knows that oranges and lemons are bad for you."

Wodsong sniffs at Nehor.

Juspera scratches her ear.

Speaking to Greth, Lynaera says, "A toxic extracted from citrus? Interesting."

Nehor folds his hands behind his back.

Aleid blinks at Sarmoya.

Steenk takes a drink from his aged cactus juice.

Akenna says, "It doesn't, it just means they were using a device.  Like we all do."

Aleid ponders.

Khobra agrees with Lynaera.

Rinori nods once at Akenna.

Greth exhales.

Faerinn says, "I'm lead to believe that if Socius wanted to put hands on her, he would."

Speaking to Akenna, Juspera asks, "Like a fancy gold ring?"

Speaking in Faendryl, Dhairn quietly says something you don't understand.

Faerinn says, "Seems out of character."

Speaking quietly to Sarmoya, Talinvor asks, "Criminals is such a harsh word, on what basis? What laws have been broken?"

Akenna nods at Juspera.

You clearly say, "Socius does not hide and skulk and assassinate."

Tatria takes a bite of her rolton steak.

You say, "It's the Flock who does that."

Ordim looks thoughtfully at you.

Speaking to Faerinn, Xilona says, "He would never."

You smirk at Nehor.

Speaking to Faerinn, Sarmoya says, "I agree."

Akenna gestures crisply and utters a practiced phrase as raw elemental energies issue forth from her dimly glowing eyes.
Akenna gestures.

Speaking to Faerinn, Nehor says, "Him eliminating those he disagree with could not be more in character for the Butcher."

Speaking to you, Ordim asks, "Where's he been then for months?"

You say, "Socius is straightforward in his violence."

Ordim giggles.

Talinvor asks, "Easy to accuse, neh?"

Naamit whispers something to Xanthium.

Speaking to Faerinn, Xilona says, "Not Selbi....."

Steenk takes a drink from his aged cactus juice.

Greth says, "Socius wouldn't go this route.  If he wants to kill someone, he kills 'em."

Aleid says, "I have broken no laws."

Greth shrugs.

Aleid frowns.

You nod to Greth.

Speaking softly in Faendryl to Dhairn, Khobra responds something you don't understand.

Speaking to Xilona, Faerinn says, "Why I say it wasn't him."

Xilona agrees with Greth.

You glance away from Ordim.

Speaking disappointedly to Aleid, Mellny asks, "None?  Evers?"

Speaking to Aleid, Ordim suggests, "You almost broke hearts on the stage, STAR!"

Ordim nods in agreement at Aleid.

Speaking to Greth, Steenk says, "Nice juice."

Xanthium says, "Most citrus toxins are irritants, though..."

Speaking to Faerinn, Nehor says, "Either his plan or through his negligence, Socius is still responsible. Had he been a better leader, this would not have occured."

Akenna says, "I will never follow the orders of the Flock."

Xanthium says, "That clearly wasn't the case."

You ponder the meaning of Xanthium's existence.

Aleid says, "No, not that I can think of."

Aleid rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Juspera glances dubiously at you.

Juspera glances at Lynaera.

Speaking to Nehor, Naamit says, "Wrong again."

Speaking quietly to you, Xanthium explains, "Mother."

Lynaera smiles at Juspera.

You peer quizzically at Juspera.

Juspera fidgets.

Speaking deeply to Nehor, Dayzed asks, "Was it Socius who asked Selbi to step outside and expose herself to danger?"

You nod slowly at Xanthium.

Speaking to Nehor, Faerinn says, "Fair point. He did lead her out of a sanctuary."

Wodsong sits down.

Speaking to Nehor, Rinori says, "It sounds as though Selbi wasn't the one keeping up her end of something."

Ordim nods in agreement at Dayzed.

Dayzed glances at Greth.

Speaking cheerfully to Aleid, Mellny offers, "No matter.  Dere be time."

Rinori shrugs her shoulders, lifting her wings slightly.

Ordim glances at Greth.

You blink at Dayzed.

Naamit renews her songs.

Greth mutters, then turns and knocks on the small door behind the bar before opening it and peering in.  He murmurs for a moment, and then returns, closing the door behind him.

Juspera glances at Xanthium.

Nehor nods at Rinori.

Nehor nods at Dayzed.

Aleid frowns.

Dayzed shrugs.

Speaking to Xanthium, Juspera asks, "What about your mother?"

Speaking helpfully to Xanthium, Tatria says, "Blood smells like copper."

You exclaim, "Greth would never do such a thing!"

Speaking to Dayzed, Talinvor says, "It was suggested by one of the Defenders to step outside to not wake the children."

Dhairn quietly says, "This was a move that required timing, hence the use of the chronomages. The timing coinciding with you being directed to assuming it was Socius or the Flock. Neither are likely to be true as Socius is rather less that stealthy, and the Flock is rather more than transparent."

The red and grey fox stands up and shakes out his bushy tail.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "I barely know these people, don't look at me."

Speaking to Faerinn, Nehor says, "The guard here is negligent in ineffectual."

Greth says, "Penre says she's stable, but unconscious.  I told him abou the citrus."

Speaking deeply to Talinvor, Dayzed says, "It was actually suggested by the barkeep."

You growl at Talinvor.

The red and grey fox pants quietly.

Dhairn quietly says, "We have nothing to go on but the dart."

Speaking to Dayzed, Xilona says, "There are sleeping children in here. This is a safe space, not made for yelling and the like."

Dhairn shrugs.

Steenk takes a moment to observe a wide-mouthed mahogany barrel.

Talinvor asks, "Is there a difference?"

Akenna says, "And a debt."

Ordim fidgets.

Speaking to Dayzed, Faerinn says, "Also fair."

Khobra turns an inquisitive ear toward Greth.

Nehor proposes, "One of the first changes the Flock shall make is to train a better cadre of guard, one that protects the Isle!"

Greth asks, "What's this about a debt?"

Juspera rolls her eyes at Nehor.

You narrow your eyes.

You say, "The woman, Greth."

Juspera turns to face Greth.

Wodsong asks, "If the Flock could not protect her, what training can they give?"

You say, "She said 'Obligations should always be fulfilled.'."

Tatria sniffs at her rolton steak.

Wodsong ponders.

Speaking to Greth, Sarmoya says, "It was all she said."

Xanthium says, "It would be difficult to protect against someone who lets herself be baited so."

Greth squints.

You say, "And then she disappeared."

Akenna nods to you.

Steenk nods to you.

Steenk takes a drink from his aged cactus juice.

Greth says, "What obligations?  That makes no sense."

Nehor nods slowly at Talinvor.

Akenna shrugs at Greth.

You suspiciously ask, "What do we know about Selbi's past?"

Dhairn nods to you.

Speaking to you, Ordim confirms, "She failed to train Socius."

Xanthium asks, "Did Selbi have some agreements in place prior to her administrative duties here?"

Speaking to Greth, Akenna asks, "Maybe Socius knows?"

The red and grey fox sits down, his bushy tail sweeping back and forth behind him.

You snarl, "I'm sure Socius has been very forthcoming."

Ordim nods once.

Greth says, "She was Socius' teacher in the time he was away."

Speaking to you, Tatria says, "Could be any promist made but not kept to anyone."

Speaking incredulously to you, Nehor exclaims, "Are you really accusing the victim here? She was assaulted and attacked!"

Naamit leans over and whispers something in your ear.

Speaking to Ordim, you say, "Oh, good. So she is prone to making mistakes and errors."

Ordim ponders.

Ordim nods in agreement to you.

Ordim giggles.

You add, "Just like trying to put the Flock in power."

You roll your eyes.

Mellny fidgets.

Ordim flails his arms about.

Speaking thoughtfully to you, Talinvor says, "Like taking Socius as pupil too, maybe."

Naamit places her hand on her asymmetric girdle.
Naamit shifts her weight.

Juspera nods slowly.

Speaking to Nehor, Xanthium says, "Curiosity isn't always an accusation.  You should be glad of that."

Juspera searches around for a moment.

Xanthium smiles at Nehor.

Juspera mumbles something under her breath.

Xilona grins at Xanthium.

The orange-breasted pygmy-parrot pecks at the ground.

Naamit asks, "Is she a gambling woman?"

Ordim sighs.

Juspera looks thoughtfully at Naamit.

The red and grey fox sniffs at the air.

Steenk nods to a wineskin of aged cactus juice.

Speaking to you, Nehor counters, "It was her last act before she was viciously attacked. To put the Flock in charge."

Speaking to Greth, Faerinn says, "What citrus is native here? I don't think I saw any growing when we were making preserves."

Speaking to himself, Ordim whispers aloud, "I guess this means my Roblar-sized muffin is going to be delayed."

Ordim furrows his brow.

Dhairn removes a smooth single malt scotch from in his ebon leather duster.

Dhairn takes a drink from his single malt scotch.

Tatria agrees with Naamit.

Aleid asks, "Oh, Was she?"

You frown at Nehor.

Nehor promises, "And I assure you, that it is a charge we shall take *very* seriously."

Speaking deeply to Nehor, Dayzed says, "That's a stretch."

Speaking to Naamit, Tatria says, "Debt unpaid."

The orange-breasted pygmy-parrot ruffles his feathers.

Aleid shrugs.

Speaking slowly to Nehor, you state, "I don't think so."

You fold your arms over your chest.

Greth says, "The only thing I know about Selbi for sure is that she's always got a plan."

Speaking to Faerinn, Steenk says, "Try this."

Speaking inquisitively to Nehor, Mellny asks, "Where you goin' ta take it?"

Steenk shows Faerinn his aged cactus juice.

Mellny giggles to herself.

Khobra raises an eyebrow.

Xanthium shrugs at Juspera.

Speaking to Nehor, Xilona says, "That is not what she said at all."

Speaking to Nehor, Akenna says, "You won't receive any cooperation from me."

Tatria takes a bite of her rolton steak.

Talinvor looks thoughtfully at Greth.

Juspera bites her lip.

Faerinn nods.

Greth says, "An' that Socius trusts her like no other."

Faerinn nods at Steenk.

Ordim removes a warm banana nut muffin from in his muffin tin.

Speaking to Nehor, Akenna says, "Try your best though."

Speaking to Tatria, Naamit says, "That seems to be a common problem on this isle."

Khobra rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Speaking to Greth, you say, "Clearly that is a mistake."

Wolfloner nods to you.

Greth rubs his forehead before adding, "Or he used to, anyway."

Speaking to Nehor, Akenna says, "No one is going to follow you."

Speaking to Akenna, Talinvor says, "We don't expect any help. Clearly."

Ordim briefly draws down the edges of his slate grey cowl.
Ordim takes a bite of his banana nut muffin.

Speaking calmly to Dayzed, Nehor says, "As you can see, with so much chaos, the helm of state needs a firm hand."

Juspera frowns at Greth.

You say, "She has some sort of history. AND she put the Flock in charge."

Speaking quietly to Greth, Dhairn says, "Not sure Socius trusts her that much after this."

You scowl at Greth.

Speaking to Talinvor, Akenna asks, "Don't you?"

Speaking to Greth, you say, "You cannot think that is a good idea."

Speaking to Naamit, Tatria asks, "More common than bickering?"

Tatria grins impishly at Naamit.

Speaking curiously to Akenna, Talinvor asks, "Don't I, what?"

Xanthium says, "He did seem very concerned for her, after she was attacked."

Naamit examines her fingernails.

Speaking to Greth, Xilona says, "I believe he still does, Greth."

Naamit winks at Tatria.

Speaking deeply to Nehor, Dayzed says, "Firm hands are the ones that choke commerce."

Speaking to Mellny, Nehor assures, "We shall not fail the good citizens of this town, nor its residents."

Xanthium says, "He could have slain her.  None of us could have stopped him."

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Dayzed.

Naamit whispers something to Tatria.

Speaking to Nehor, Akenna says, "That's all you do."

Darcena Gets Fed Up

You say, "That's it."

Greth says, "The only thing I know is that they're both smarter'n I am."

Tatria laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.

Speaking disappointedly to Nehor, Mellny says, "Oh.  Jus' da good ones, den."

Speaking to Faerinn, Steenk asks, "Did we all just witness a kidnapping?"

The orange-breasted pygmy-parrot stretches one of his wings.

Xanthium says, "I don't think it was just us as witnesses that stayed his hand."

Speaking to Nehor, Ordim whispers aloud, "I think we might need to remove all the gold fringe from the flags."

Greth shrugs uncomfortably.

You say, "I'm going to gather a group to investigate this dart and this woman."

Ordim glances nervously at Dayzed.

Speaking to Xanthium, Juspera says, "I think I could have if I was.. you know, prepared."

Akenna nods to you.

Speaking to Greth, Xilona says, "I wouldn't be too sure."

Rinori just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

Nehor glances at Ordim.

You ask, "Who here has the power to help with this investigation?"

Speaking to you, Akenna says, "I'll help."

Xanthium says, "He doesn't seem the type to stop if he thinks he's right."

Speaking softly to Greth, Opalina says, "Looked to me that He still trusts her, just they don't agree at the moment."

Speaking to you, Faerinn says, "I've got a start on it."

You snarl, "I'm sure we'll find the Flock is behind it all."

Speaking deeply to you, Dayzed says, "Story checks out."

Xilona agrees with you.

Speaking eagerly to you, Mellny asks, "Da dart wit' da squiggles?"

Xanthium glances at Nehor.

Speaking to you, Talinvor says, "You'll always find what you choose to put there, Darcena."

You nod at Mellny.

Speaking to you, Naamit says, "I can and shall."

Mellny skips in a circle around you.

Tatria takes a bite of her rolton steak.

Dhairn quietly says, "We might actually be getting somewhere with revealing the assailant if we didn't have a certain pair of groups fighting each other from Selbi's statements."

Speaking to Talinvor, Akenna says, "Oh, shut up."

Dhairn chuckles.

Sarmoya says, "Arguing with the Flock will accomplish nothing."

Talinvor laughs at Akenna!

Greth says, "If you kin look into the dart, I'll keep an eye on Penre'n let ya know when Selbi is awake."

Lynaera nods gratefully to Greth.

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

Speaking to you, Tatria asks, "What power is needed?"

The orange-breasted pygmy-parrot hops around the room.

Xanthium glances at Juspera.

Talinvor amusedly asks, "Is that the retort, when you have nothing to say? To shut up?"

Speaking to Greth, Xilona asks, "Anything I can do for Miss Selbi?"

Juspera glances at Xanthium.

Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit just strode purposefully through a set of swinging oak doors.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium asks, "What's your call?"

Dhairn just strode through a set of swinging oak doors.

Talinvor shakes his head, clucking his tongue.

Dayzed deeply asks, "Have you tried coaxing a song out of the projectile?"

Nehor dryly suggests, "And while most of you are complaining about the Flocks new role as leaders of the Isle...perhaps instead you might be useful and volunteer to stand guard over mistress Selbi. We shall be looking to put her under twenty four hour watch, to ensure no other attempts are made on her life."

Speaking stupidly to Xanthium, Juspera asks, "What?"

Speaking to Greth, you say, "That would be good."

Speaking to Madalayne, Wodsong exclaims, "Did you see any urns nearby, this stinks of the urn!"

The red and grey fox rolls around on the ground for a moment.

Greth says, "Not at the moment, Xil, but thank ya.  Penre's good with injured folk, and he'll take good care of her."

Speaking to Nehor, Talinvor says, "They'll go off and do their own thing, thus why Selbi complained in the first place."

Ordim glances nervously at Wodsong.

Dayzed just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

Xilona nods understandingly to Greth.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "Just wondering your thoughts, Angry Dagger."

Examining the Dart

You move toward a set of swinging oak doors, striding away.
[Western Harbor, Seathrak Way]
Prismatic swirls spiral across the pale cobblestones, their source the glass-sided lanterns that are hung in even intervals amongst the cottages and shops that line the street.  Loud and distinct, the thunderous crash of the surf upon the nearby jetty floods the area and carries with it the acrid scent of the sea, while nearer at hand is the sound of women laughing.  You also see an enruned crimson dart.
Also here: Dayzed, Dhairn who is kneeling, Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit, Rinori
Obvious paths: northeast, southeast, southwest, northwest
Tatria, Wolfloner, Sarmoya, Mellny, Faerinn, Akenna, Juspera, Lynaera, Xanthium and Khobra followed.

(Editor's Note: At various points, Dhairn, Dayzed, Darcena, Faerinn, Lynaera, Juspera, Naamit, and Xilona lean close to the dart and inhale, then recoil slightly. The first person view of this is: You lean close to the dart and inhale.  You recoil slightly at the sharp smell of copper blended with undertones of something vaguely resembling citrus.)

Dhairn sticks his tongue out at an enruned crimson dart.

Juspera exclaims, "Xanthium!"

Speaking to Dayzed, Naamit says, "Yes, it has no song."

Dayzed nods at Naamit.

Juspera dismissively says, "No one calls me that anymore."

(Editor's Note: At various points, Rinori, Sarmoya, Darcena, Dayzed, Naamit, Khobra, Wolfloner, Akenna, and Opalina nudge the dart with one finger.  The runes along the length of it flare slightly at the touch, but then recede as s/he withdraws her/his hand. The first person view is this: You nudge the dart with one finger and note how light it seems, as if it were completely hollow.  The runes flare slightly at your touch, but recede once more as you withdraw your hand.)

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "What?  Mnar mentioned that sobriquet."

Juspera asks, "My thoughts on what?"

You carefully inspect an enruned crimson dart.

Juspera glances at an enruned crimson dart.

Tatria takes a bite of her rolton steak.

Juspera says, "Yuck."

Mellny reaches out and touches an enruned crimson dart.

You frown at an enruned crimson dart.

Dhairn stands up.

Akenna reaches out and touches an enruned crimson dart.

Faerinn makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
Faerinn gestures at an enruned crimson dart.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium asks, "If you thought what we saw here was someone's scripted event.  And if so, who?"

You say, "Those runes... They react when we touch it."

Dayzed rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Faerinn just edged a little closer to an enruned crimson dart!

Mellny just edged a little closer to an enruned crimson dart!

Speaking to Xanthium, Juspera says, "Yes I do."

Juspera folds her arms over her chest.

You ask, "Were they active when the woman was holding it?"

Rinori says, "It reacts curiously when flesh is nearby."

Faerinn prods an enruned crimson dart with the tip of his finger.

You ask, "Did anyone notice?"

Sarmoya says, "The attacker did not care about leaving her weapon behind."

Speaking to Xanthium, Juspera says, "I think Selbi was involved in something shady."

Faerinn reaches out and touches an enruned crimson dart.

Dhairn narrows his eyes.

Lynaera says, "With what Greth said, one may assume that this dart was crafted by a local, or at least someone familiar with the island."

Faerinn says, "Let me think."

You notice Steenk moving stealthily into the area.

Wolfloner makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
Wolfloner gestures at an enruned crimson dart.

Speaking to Xanthium, Juspera says, "Who knows, maybe she does have gambling debts."

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Xanthium says, "Or someone in common with their pasts.  The runes, again."

(Faerinn mimes drawing a scene on paper that isn't there.)

Dhairn quietly says, "It's got a history."

Dhairn nods at Naamit.

You nod at Xanthium.

You say, "His father died."

Naamit casts an appraising gaze over her surroundings, seemingly taking in every detail.

Ethereal bearded-dragon eels coil to life around Dhairn's arm and chest, writhing and riding hidden currents to form a chelioboros above his gesturing hand. They fade away while his voice becomes but a whisper.
Dhairn gestures at an enruned crimson dart.
Nothing happens.

Speaking to Sarmoya, Lynaera says, "Darts are almost always left behind."

You slowly ask, "But do we know about any other of Socius' relatives?"

Opalina just arrived.

Xanthium casts an appraising gaze over her surroundings, seemingly taking in every detail.

Steenk reaches out and touches an enruned crimson dart.

Naamit inhales sharply, hissing through her teeth.

Akenna folds her arms at the waist.

Mellny fidgets.

Speaking to Naamit, you ask, "You don't sing to objects, right?"

Khobra casually observes her surroundings.

You frown at Naamit.

Opalina leans close to the dart and inhales, then recoils slightly.

Dayzed grins.

You glance at an enruned crimson dart.

Tatria takes a moment to observe an enruned crimson dart.

Speaking to Xanthium, Juspera says, "It wouldn't surprise me if she just made someone very angry and they finally got her back. I mean, look at how she talks to people."

Juspera shrugs.

Tatria asks, "Runes familiar to anyone?"

You give a sidelong glance at Dayzed.

Speaking to Tatria, Lynaera says, "Not I."

Juspera says, "I'm sure she has a billion enemies."

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "It did seem to follow that pattern."

Akenna shakes her head.

Rinori says, "Maybe Selbi caught a dart because she was, by her own admission and recitation of Socius' failings, a poor teacher."

Speaking to you, Naamit says, "When I sensed the dart, it told me nothing but perhaps it will coax more now."

Rinori shrugs her shoulders, lifting her wings slightly.

You quickly say, "They aren't Saramar."

Speaking to Lynaera, Tatria asks, "From other land maybe?"

Akenna says, "They are hard to read... the flicker."

Faerinn says, "It was inactive."

Defender of Mist Harbor Xilona just arrived.

Xanthium nods at Naamit.

Speaking to Rinori, you ask, "But who would punish her for that?"

Speaking to Naamit, Xanthium says, "If anyone can, you would."

Opalina pokes her finger at an enruned crimson dart.

Speaking cheekily to an enruned crimson dart, Mellny says, "Oy!  Tells us somethin' interestin' nows."

Faerinn says, "....the attacker was feminine...."

Mellny seems to be waiting for something.

Juspera Starts to Feel Ill; Lynaera Thinks the Dart is Familiar

Juspera nervously says, "Um."

Dayzed sticks his tongue out at an enruned crimson dart.

Wolfloner rubs an enruned crimson dart.

Speaking to Xilona, you ask, "Did Greth say anything else?"

Juspera says, "I don't feel so good."

Speaking to Tatria, Lynaera says, "I do not know."

You peer quizzically at Xilona.

Speaking to Lynaera, Sarmoya says, "Most darts are not as distinct as this one."

Speaking to you, Rinori says, "Someone who has no time for useless things."

Mellny squints at an enruned crimson dart.

Wolfloner reaches out and touches an enruned crimson dart.

Xilona looks over at you and shakes her head.

Faerinn peers quizzically at Juspera.

You stare at Juspera.

Xanthium glances at Juspera.

Lynaera raises an eyebrow in Juspera's direction.

You start a careful diagnosis of Juspera's condition . . .
She is in perfect health.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

Faerinn pokes his finger at an enruned crimson dart.

Tatria says, "Maybe dart wasn't for Selbi."

Wolfloner taps an enruned crimson dart.

Rinori says, "Or people."

Tatria ponders.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium asks, "What sort of not good?"

Opalina picks idly at an enruned crimson dart.

Speaking doubtfully to Juspera, you say, "You look fine."

Xilona says, "I had to leave.....birds make me nauseous."

Juspera says, "You guys."

Juspera fidgets.

Xanthium reaches out and touches an enruned crimson dart.

Lynaera frowns.

Xilona gags.

Speaking cheerfully to Juspera, Mellny asks, "Did you fiddle wit' da squiggly dart?"

Naamit sings slowly to an enruned crimson dart:

   "Anger wells up to the surface
    Words familiar but far away
    As they dart at the edge of consciousness"

You nod at Xilona.

You listen carefully to Naamit.

Dhairn quietly says, "Where the dart comes from may be a bit old."

Wodsong's group just arrived.

Xilona tilts her head toward Naamit, examining her intently as the tip of one ear twitches briefly.

Dhairn quietly says, "And.. festering."

Wodsong searches around for a moment.

Juspera says, "I think that's a really bad dart."

Juspera exclaims, "Don't touch it!"

Lynaera murmurs, "The dart does look...oddly familiar."

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium asks, "Did you touch it?"

Mellny gazes with interest at an enruned crimson dart.

Wodsong pokes his finger at an enruned crimson dart.

Naamit whispers aloud, "Old anger. Very, very old..."

Juspera says, "Um."

Xilona whispers something to Juspera.

Juspera glances guiltily at Xanthium.

Faerinn focuses his concentration, briefly studying the composition of an enruned crimson dart.

You ponder the meaning of Lynaera's existence.

Dhairn quietly says, "If you feel the dart is familiar, please let me know how."

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium asks, "Why do you always have to touch it?"

Faerinn casts an appraising gaze over his surroundings, seemingly taking in every detail.

Juspera mutters, "It is familiar."

Juspera fidgets.

Faerinn reaches out and touches an enruned crimson dart.

Opalina rubs an enruned crimson dart.

Xilona glances at Juspera.

Speaking to Dhairn, Lynaera says, "It reminds me of things seen in my dreams, or worse."

Steenk takes a drink from his aged cactus juice.

Speaking to Lynaera, you ask, "How does it look familiar?"

Dhairn quietly says, "Tell me more, Juspera."

Flockmaster Nehor's group just arrived.

Juspera says, "It's a really bad dart."

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Aleid.

Aleid blinks at Ordim.

Juspera stares at Lynaera.

Lynaera nods in agreement at Juspera.

Dhairn quietly says, "Thank you."

Aleid defensively says, "I don't."

Dhairn nods at Lynaera.

Speaking slowly to Lynaera, you say, "Tell me about these dreams."

Speaking to Lynaera, Juspera asks, "What did you say?"

Naamit says, "It is foreign, but familiar."

Nehor dusts himself off.

Tatria wrinkles her nose.

Xilona rubs an enruned crimson dart.

Opalina traces the runes upon her black leather vest with a fingertip, and, as she does so, they glow with a faint yellow light for a second.

Speaking to Aleid, Ordim confirms, "Everyone says that before they do."

Ordim giggles.

Xanthium glances at Naamit.

Ordim nods in agreement at Aleid.

Speaking politely to Juspera, Lynaera repeats, "It reminds me of things seen in my dreams, or worse."

Speaking to Juspera, you ask, "Did you have dreams about the dart, too?"

(Juspera steps forward and graps Lynaera by the edges of her cloak.)

Xilona sniffs.

Nehor notes, "A sense of Deja Vu perhaps with it?"

Juspera blinks at Lynaera.

Lynaera frowns at Juspera.

Nehor surveys the area.

Mellny gazes with interest at Juspera.

You glance between Juspera and Lynaera.

You notice Steenk moving stealthily into a ramshackle brown-shingled store.

Aleid furrows her brow.

Juspera whispers aloud to Lynaera, "You had that dream too?"

Khobra takes a few graceful steps backward.

You slowly drum your fingers on your slate battle harness, narrowing your eyes.

Naamit appears to be trying to concentrate when suddenly her eyes widen and she twitches with a quick shiver.

Lynaera grins at Juspera weakly.

Ordim gazes thoughtfully at an enruned crimson dart.

Juspera vigorously shakes her head.

Tatria Begins Talking about Acrid Lands

Tatria says, "Acrid lands filled with smoke, revolting."

Lynaera nods faintly at Juspera.

Juspera says, "I'm just saying."

You stiffly say, "I have dreams constantly and I haven't dreamed of this dart."

Speaking to an enruned crimson dart, Ordim exclaims, "Maybe a drunk can sing to it!"

You narrow your eyes.

Juspera says, "Nobody touch it."

Tatria glances away.

Xanthium looks thoughtfully at Tatria.

You glance at Naamit.

Nehor exasperatedly says, "It is obviously wrought by a chronomancer. Their tools cause a sense of...time distortion. Vertigo. A feeling of familiarity and deja vu."

Speaking sharply to Naamit, you ask, "What is it?"

Sarmoya asks, "What are you speaking of?"

Ordim glances at Talinvor.

A wave of power flows out of Wolfloner towards an enruned crimson dart.

Tatria softly says, "Do not look at it too closely."

Ordim glances between Talinvor and an enruned crimson dart.

You hear very soft footsteps.

Steenk carefully inspects his leather wineskin.

Tatria shudders.

Ordim shrugs.

You hear a slight percussive noise that seems to be emanating from the dart.  It beats twice in rapid succession, then pauses, and then again, the pattern continuing just at the edge of your hearing.

Faerinn kneels down.

Mellny cheerfully repeats, "Obviously."

Mellny nods vigorously!

Juspera whispers something to Lynaera.

Tatria mutters demondart.

Ordim nods understandingly.

Faerinn stares at an enruned crimson dart.

Dhairn quietly says, "Nehor.. shut your pie hole. We're thinking here and you're making us all less able to be sentient with your ego's overpowering presence."

Ordim giggles.

Juspera glances expectantly at Lynaera.

Speaking to Nehor, you growl, "You always say things are obvious when you are trying to distract people."

You blink at an enruned crimson dart.

Lynaera looks over at Juspera and shakes her head.

Speaking to Nehor, Wodsong asks, "What's your symbol mean?"

You turn your ear toward an enruned crimson dart.  Sounds about like you expected.

Xanthium glances dubiously at Faerinn.

Naamit leans over and whispers something in your ear.

Ordim blinks.

Wodsong glances at an enruned crimson dart.

You slowly say, "Wait..."

Naamit twists her head slightly, cracking her neck.  She looks relieved.

You say, "It's..."

Juspera nervously says, "So um."

Speaking kindly to Faerinn, Xanthium says, "Be wary, friend Faerinn."

Speaking politely to Wodsong, Nehor asks, "Which one, sirrah?"

Talinvor says, "Seriously? You all can't concentrate when someone else is blathering? We have to do it all the time."

You say, "It's making noise."

Juspera says, "I just feel like. Maybe we should all.. go away from Mist Harbor for a while."

The orange-breasted pygmy-parrot pecks at the ground.

Steenk offers Faerinn a dark leather wineskin laced with red twine.

Mellny exclaims, "Oy!  A drummer!"

Faerinn accepts Steenk's leather wineskin.

Mellny gazes with interest at an enruned crimson dart.

Speaking to Nehor, Wodsong says, "The fancy one on yer neck."

Wodsong nods.

Wodsong turns an ear toward an enruned crimson dart.

Faerinn sniffs at his leather wineskin.

You nod slowly at Mellny.

The dart pulses twice in quick succession, then falls inert once more.

You ask, "Did you all hear that?"

You blink.

Juspera gazes wistfully at her fishing net bracelet.

Dhairn blinks at Juspera.

Lynaera frowns.

Speaking to Juspera, Sarmoya asks, "Away> From the entire Isle?"

Talinvor glances at an enruned crimson dart.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium asks, "What did your dream show?"

Tatria glances at an enruned crimson dart.

Akenna blinks.

You say, "It stopped."

Khobra blinks.

Lynaera nods politely to you.

Juspera nods at Sarmoya.

Speaking to Juspera, Xilona says, "This is my home."

Ordim glances nervously at an enruned crimson dart.

Faerinn prods an enruned crimson dart with the tip of his finger.

Ordim takes a few steps away from an enruned crimson dart.

Sarmoya frowns.

Faerinn says, "It did a thing."

Juspera says, "I think we should leave Mist Harbor though."

Juspera fidgets.

Akenna says, "Well, that's why they didn't bother about getting it back."

Faerinn takes a drink from his leather wineskin.

You quickly say, "Someone check to make sure Selbi lives."

Juspera glances at Lynaera.

Nehor understandingly says, "Ah. A mark, if you will...one from a powerful being who sought to control me."

Ordim's face furrows in concentration as he stammers out a magical chant...

Speaking to Lynaera, Juspera asks, "Right?"

Ordim gestures at an enruned crimson dart.

Naamit prods an enruned crimson dart with the tip of her finger.

Lynaera looks over at Juspera and shakes her head.

You ask, "Xil?"

Speaking to Juspera, Sarmoya asks, "What is it?"

Xanthium glances at Nehor.

Xilona glances at you.

You glance at a ramshackle brown-shingled store.

Speaking to Nehor, Xanthium asks, "What did it want from you?"

You ask, "Can you go check on her?"

Juspera says, "Probably we shouldn't be here."

Speaking curiously to Nehor, Talinvor asks, "Socius said he has some sort of odd magic, neh?"

Speaking to Steenk, Faerinn asks, "This cactus juice?"

The dart trembles in place, then rolls over, once again emanating a double-beat of crimson light.

Speaking slowly to Xilona, you whisper aloud, "What if that was her heart beat that stopped?"

Aleid cocks her head and examines the crimson dart.

You blink at an enruned crimson dart.

Juspera quickly takes a few steps back.

Ordim fidgets.

Dayzed frowns.

Rinori briefly shuts her eyes and listens intently to an enruned crimson dart.

Naamit nudges the dart with one finger.  The runes along the length of it flare slightly at the touch, but then recede as she withdraws her hand.

Steenk nods at Faerinn.

Ordim exclaims, "It's alive!"

Ordim flails his arms comically in the air in frustration while crumbs tumble off his clothing.

Speaking to Xanthium, Nehor says, "It wanted to control me."

Speaking to Nehor, Wodsong asks, "Why would it wish that?"

Tatria takes a few steps back.

Dayzed removes an ice blue glowbark crook wrapped with polar bearskin from in his bearskin weapon sling.

Naamit casts an appraising gaze over her surroundings, seemingly taking in every detail.

Speaking to you, Xilona says, "I'll ask Greth."

Speaking to Naamit, Juspera exclaims, "Don't touch it!"

Xanthium says, "Generally things pulsing with blood runes isn't a good sign."

(Faerinn places both hands over the dart so it can't get away.)

Speaking eagerly to Juspera, Mellny asks, "What do you be thinkin' coulds happen?"

Mellny leans forward.

Defender of Mist Harbor Xilona just went into a ramshackle brown-shingled store.

Speaking to an enruned crimson dart, Ordim suggests, "Find Socius!"

Wodsong asks, "Did thise being employ any darts?"

Juspera stares at Mellny.

Steenk stands in front of an enruned crimson dart.

Tatria asks, "It trying to go back?"

Speaking to an enruned crimson dart, Faerinn exclaims, "Stay!"

You ponder the meaning of Tatria's existence.

Dhairn quietly says, "Teras..."

Speaking to Nehor, Xanthium says, "That's a very unspecific answer."

Faerinn leans against an enruned crimson dart.

Speaking to an enruned crimson dart, you ask, "Are you sentient?"

Speaking to Wodsong, Nehor says, "Much the same as Mistress Selbi, it recognized my competence and ability. Alas, it underestimated such, as well, and I was able to break control."

You stare at an enruned crimson dart.

Nehor smiles thinly.

Ordim looks over at Talinvor and shakes his head.

Speaking to Nehor, Xanthium asks, "Didn't you ever get a better one?"

Juspera blinks at you.

Speaking to an enruned crimson dart, Naamit whispers aloud, "Show us to your wielder."

Steenk says, "It looks thirsty."

Steenk glances at an enruned crimson dart.

Speaking to you, Tatria asks, "Called back maybe?"

You nod slowly at Tatria.

Juspera glances uneasily at Lynaera.

Akenna gestures crisply and utters a practiced phrase as raw elemental energies issue forth from her dimly glowing eyes.
Akenna gestures.
Akenna suddenly disappears.

Speaking to an enruned crimson dart, Ordim says, "It doesn't listen to my commands."

Lynaera smiles at Juspera.

Ordim's eyes crease slightly downward.

Speaking to Tatria, you say, "That would be a very strange magic."

Ordim scowls.

Juspera bites her lip.

The dart suddenly flares a blinding crimson, and a minor shockwave ripples through the area!  When the light fades, the dart is gone.

Speaking to you, Tatria whispers aloud, "Like demon."

You blink.

Ordim blinks.

Juspera flinches.

Naamit suddenly stumbles for no apparent reason.

You exclaim, "It's gone!"

Xanthium nods slowly.

Khobra rubs her yellow-green eyes.

Nehor knowingly says, "Time distortion."

Ordim exclaims, "Maybe it does!"

Ordim beams!

You snarl, "Now where is our lead?"

Lynaera murmurs, "Curious."

Talinvor takes a drink from his Dhe'nari blood wine.
Talinvor looks rather relaxed.

Aleid nods in agreement at Nehor.

Mellny eagerly exclaims, "Agains!"

Tatria exclaims, "Demon dart!"

Steenk says, "Neat."

Ordim bounces around happily.

Sarmoya frowns.

(Faerinn looks under his hands.)

Ordim exclaims, "I hope it does!"

Dhairn quietly says, "Selbi."

Tatria shudders.

Ordim lets out a cheer!

Faerinn says, "Of course."

Xanthium says, "In Naamit's head, if anywhere."

Faerinn stands up.

Dhairn quietly says, "We go to the wound now."

Ceciliah just arrived.

You belt out, "Socius!"

Dhairn just strode into a ramshackle brown-shingled store.

The Dart Disappears; Adventurers Check on Selbi

You move toward a ramshackle brown-shingled store, striding away.
[Stumbling Pebble Bar II]
Dried, cracked boards mingle with newer knotted pine planks as they spread across the floor from the swinging oak doors to the white oak bar.  Several half-cask chairs are arranged in circles around the room, their backs weathered and cracked, while plump couches face a fireplace that looks as if it has seen better days.  A scattering of cracked peanut shells litters the floor around an oversized bowl that is set upon a faded blue rug.  You also see a black-eared red and grey fox, a wide-mouthed mahogany barrel, a series of high barstools, a basket of sticks and Greth.
Also here: Dhairn, Defender of Mist Harbor Xilona
Obvious exits: none
Madalayne, Wodsong, Tatria, Wolfloner, Sarmoya, Mellny, Faerinn, Juspera, Lynaera, Xanthium and Khobra followed.

Greth glances out the doors with concern.

You exclaim, "Greth!"

The red and grey fox sits down, his bushy tail sweeping back and forth behind him.

You exclaim, "The dart disappeared!"

Greth asks, "What happened?"

Juspera stares at Lynaera.

Dhairn quietly asks, "Can we have an empath examine Selbi?"

Mellny blurts, "Dat were neat!"

Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit just arrived.

Faerinn says, "The dart left."

Mellny nods vigorously!

You say, "It was pulsing with crimson runes."

Dayzed just arrived.

Flockmaster Nehor's group just arrived.

Talinvor smirks at Ordim.

Tatria says, "Like summoned."

Speaking to Greth, Faerinn says, "I remember something more about the attacker."

Speaking to Dhairn, Xilona says, "I tried. Penre is with her."

You say, "It rolled around  and then..."

You say, "Disappeared."

Xanthium touches Juspera.

Nehor raises an eyebrow in Faerinn's direction.

Greth says, "Selbi is still unconscious..."

Rinori just arrived.

You hear very soft footsteps.

Ceciliah just arrived.

Opalina just arrived.

Speaking to Faerinn, Nehor informs, "Tell us."

(Juspera startles at Xanthium's touch, jumping about a foot.)

Naamit twists her head slightly, cracking her neck.  She looks relieved.

Speaking to Greth, Faerinn says, "They appeared feminine. A slender build with a higher pitched voice."

You belt out, "Penre! Did you notice anything weird about Selbi's heart?"

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "Shh."

Ordim glances nervously at you.

Dhairn quietly says, "We don't need to interrogate a victim who didn't see it coming. We need to examine the wound I believe."

Nehor glances at Juspera.

Lynaera smiles at Juspera.

Dhairn nods to Greth.

Juspera fidgets.

Greth says, "Please... I will ask him."

Speaking to you, Ordim suggests, "The kids are asleep."

Juspera whimpers.

Ordim furrows his brow.

You scowl at Ordim.

Sarmoya says, "Perhaps the attacker did not wish us to learn anything about the runs."

Nehor suspiciously says, "Feminine you say.."

Opalina softly says, "Kids are sleeping shesh."

Ordim shakes his head, clucking his tongue.

Naamit renews her songs.

You glance guiltily at Greth.

Speaking to Ordim, Talinvor asks, "In the middle of the day?"

Nehor rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Ordim shrugs at Talinvor.

Defender of Mist Harbor Xilona just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

Dayzed deeply asks, "It's midday... why are the children asleep?"

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "You're supposed to be protecting me, remember?  You're all right."

Dayzed chuckles.

Dayzed rolls his eyes.

Juspera quickly says, "Oh. Right."

Speaking to Talinvor, Ordim suggests, "Maybe they aint too many muffins, happens to me all the time."

Ordim nods knowingly.

Juspera moves to stand in front of Xanthium.

The red and grey fox barks.

Opalina shrugs at Dayzed.

Faerinn says, "Nap time."

Speaking to Ordim, Talinvor says, "They should be in school or something."

Opalina softly exclaims, "They just are!"

Xanthium smiles at Juspera.

Ordim rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Ordim nods in agreement at Talinvor.

Juspera gently rests her hand on Xanthium's shoulder.

Speaking slowly to Greth, you say, "There was also a little bit of a shockwave..."

Speaking to Dayzed, Faerinn says, "Haven't you met a kid."

Greth knocks on the small door, then opens it a crack and mutters for a moment.  A muffled reply is heard, then he nods once and closes the door.

Speaking to Xanthium, Juspera says, "I won't let anything happen to you."

Steenk takes a drink from his aged cactus juice.

Naamit slowly empties her lungs.

Dhairn quietly says, "Faerinn..."

Tatria glances sharply at a black-eared red and grey fox.

A low chirping sound comes from within a yellow painted cricket box.

Dhairn turns to face Faerinn.

Speaking pleadingly to Xanthium, Juspera asks, "Let's get out of here, okay?"

Greth says, "Selbi is still well, there is no issue with her heart."

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium asks, "That's better.  Do you need a drink?"

Lynaera lightly places her hand on the red and grey fox, which responds by moving his body beneath her hand for a thorough rubbing.

You muse, "Who on the Isle would be able to tell us more about this citrus smell..."

Opalina nods.

Speaking to Xanthium, Juspera says, "Yes."

You nod slowly to Greth.

Speaking gratefully to Greth, you say, "Thank you for checking."

Opalina softly says, "That's good to know."

The orange-breasted pygmy-parrot squawks.

Speaking to you, Ordim says, "Frootie."

Ordim nods.

Xanthium spends some time haggling with Greth Rottgut.

Tatria asks, "Alchemist?"

Greth says, "She has not regained consciousness, but she isn't hot to the touch, she is breathing well, and her heart is fine."

Speaking to you, Lynaera says, "Pirates, assassins...Socius..."

Speaking doubtfully to Ordim, you ask, "Frootie?"

You nod slowly at Tatria.

Ordim nods in agreement to you.

Xanthium offers Juspera a stein of rosy hibiscus metheglin.

Juspera accepts Xanthium's rosy hibiscus metheglin.

Speaking to you, Ordim exclaims, "Frooties fruits!"

Ordim adopts an agreeable expression.

Juspera can offer Xanthium only a blank expression.

Steenk sniffs at his aged cactus juice.

Speaking to Greth, you say, "If you don't know anything else about this citrus poison, we should go talk to the alchemist."


You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Speaking to Xanthium, Juspera asks, "What is this?"

Ordim says, "She squishes all of the fruits into her drinks."

Ordim shrugs at Talinvor.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "We will.  Soon."

Speaking helpfully to Greth, Mellny offers, "Roll her overs in case she wake up barfin'.  I do dat with Aunt Berthina."

Tatria says, "Not forget copper smell, like old blood."

Steenk takes a drink from his aged cactus juice.

Ordim nervously giggles.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium asks, "An hour at the outside.  All right?"

Speaking to you, Nehor says, "If you wish to know of the fruit of the isle, why not ask the Iyo? It is they who have lived here longest."

Talinvor glances at a glass of Dhe'nari blood wine in his hand.

Xanthium rubs Juspera.

You glance at Naamit.

Ordim nods in agreement at Nehor.

You slowly say, "We could talk to the Iyo."

Speaking quietly to Greth, Dhairn says, "I heard tales that dozing maidens can be brought to by true loves kiss. Maybe we plant Nehor's lips on her rear end some more and all will be well."

Juspera takes a drink from her rosy hibiscus metheglin.

Dhairn shrugs.

Steenk offers you a wineskin of aged cactus juice.  Click ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it.  The offer will expire in 30 seconds.

Speaking to Tatria, Faerinn says, "I think tha was Selbi's."

Nehor frowns at Dhairn.

Ordim rocks back on his heels.

Juspera scowls at Lynaera.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "See?  It's calming."

You accept Steenk's offer and are now holding a wineskin of aged cactus juice.

You sniff your aged cactus juice.
It smells like nice, fresh aged cactus juice!

Speaking to you, Naamit says, "I suspect my assertion was wrong."

Speaking to Xanthium, Juspera says, "It's um."

Xanthium glances between Juspera and Lynaera.

Nehor glances between Lynaera and Juspera.

Talinvor takes a drink from his Dhe'nari blood wine.

Faerinn rubs Juspera.

Lynaera looks at Juspera and hums.

Juspera glances between Xanthium and a stein of rosy hibiscus metheglin.

You nod slowly at Naamit.

Juspera bites her lip.

Tatria looks thoughtfully at Faerinn.

You say, "Then the alchemist is probably the best choice."

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Greth is Attacked


A bright crimson light flares, and a dart comes hurtling towards the air towards Greth!  The man moves with startling agility, and the dart thunks into the bar, quivering and pulsing.

Wodsong exclaims, "We should find all the fruit on the island and taste it until we find a possible match!"

Juspera shrieks!

You say, "Any other suggest--"

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "You didn't..."

Talinvor blinks.

Nehor frowns.

>snarl
Ooh!  That felt great!

Talinvor renews his songs.

Juspera ducks slightly and covers her head with her arms.

Ordim blinks.

Greth grunts.

Lynaera squints at Greth.

Talinvor says, "Well now."

You stand in front of Greth.

Nehor stands in front of Greth.

Dayzed chuckles.

Aleid says, "Huh."

Tatria blinks.

Ordim flails his arms comically in the air in frustration while crumbs tumble off his clothing.

>push nehor
That would accomplish nothing.

Ceciliah leans back.

A pained expression crosses Sarmoya's face.

Dhairn stands in front of Greth.

Speaking deeply to Greth, Dayzed says, "Nice reflexes."

Juspera says, "We have to leave Mist Harbor."

Speaking quickly to Greth, Nehor informs, "Get down."

Lynaera says, "Good reflexes.."

Juspera says, "Now."

(Editor's note: many people smelled the dart and touched the dart. It looked and did the exact same things as before.)

Xanthium says, "I thought this place was supposed to be specially warded."

Steenk glances at Greth.

Juspera fidgets.

The red and grey fox stands up.

The red and grey fox pads around the room.

Ordim exclaims, "Socius is trying to clean house!"

Faerinn says, "Its back."

Nehor traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...

Ceciliah gazes with interest at an enruned crimson dart.

Ordim flails his arms comically in the air in frustration while crumbs tumble off his clothing.

Ordim walks to stand behind a plump overstuffed couch.

Juspera says, "I can't be here."

Naamit casts an appraising gaze over her surroundings, seemingly taking in every detail.

Aleid nods in agreement at Ordim.

Greth mutters, "Dat was close."

Ordim quickly ducks to the side and out of the way.

Steenk searches around for a moment.

Sarmoya says, "It is the same dart."

Speaking to Faerinn, Tatria says, "No blood smells of copper still."

Wolfloner makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
Wolfloner gestures.
Wolfloner appears to be keenly aware of his surroundings.

Khobra smirks at Greth.

Lynaera touches Juspera.

Ceciliah glances at Greth.

The voice of Raelee says, "Wards are only as strong as their creator.  All it takes to bypass them is, simply, a better idea."

You say, "Ebony wood... citrus... crimson light... runes..."

Ordim kneels down.

Juspera flinches.

Talinvor says, "Interesting."

Raelee suddenly fades into view.

Speaking to Greth, Xanthium says, "Far closer than it should have been."

Speaking to Greth, Naamit says, "Quick on your feet. Well done."

Raelee asks, "... now, if I may make an observation?"

The orange-breasted pygmy-parrot pecks at the ground.

Speaking admiringly to Greth, Mellny says, "You be awful agile."

Ordim crawls over to an enruned crimson dart.

The dart pulses once, then again.

Nehor glances at Raelee.

Juspera smiles weakly at Raelee.

Xanthium nods at Raelee.

Ordim scowls at an enruned crimson dart.

Speaking to Nehor, Wodsong exclaims, "You claim to be in charge of protection here, make it stop!"

Faerinn says, "Crimson light. Didn't make out an attacker that time."

You nod at Raelee.

Speaking to Raelee, you say, "Please do."

Speaking to Raelee, Xanthium says, "Hello, Magister."

Nehor scowls at an enruned crimson dart.

Faerinn hugs Juspera.

Juspera blinks at Faerinn.

Raelee evenly says, "Mmm."

Ordim crawls around behind a plump overstuffed couch.

Speaking to Ordim, Wodsong says, "Muffing armor."

Nehor asks, "Are you familiar with time magics at all, Magister?"

Speaking helplessly to Raelee, you say, "I don't recognize the runes."

Speaking to Juspera, Faerinn says, "Do want you need to to feel safe."

Wodsong nods at Ordim.

Ordim fidgets.

Nehor glances at Raelee.

Ordim nods in agreement at Wodsong.

Juspera fidgets, glancing at Faerinn.

Speaking to Nehor, Raelee says, "To a degree."

Faerinn just tried to pull an enruned crimson dart.

White flames briefly flicker around Raelee's hand as she deftly traces an elemental pattern in the air.
Raelee gestures.
Raelee vanishes.
--Never mind, there she is again.  Perhaps it was a trick of the light.

Ordim glances nervously around the room.

The dart quivers in place, its runes pulsing a crimson hue.

Dhairn takes a drink from his single malt scotch.

Talinvor says, "I expect Penre to be targetted next."

Tatria leans close to the dart and inhales, then recoils slightly.

Xanthium nods at Raelee.

You reach out and touch an enruned crimson dart.

Ordim glances at Raelee.

Ordim groans.

Faerinn says, "Attacker still here it seems."

Ordim falls back and plops to the ground in a sitting position.

Juspera says, "I think um."

Juspera says, "I'll be right out here."

Mellny brightly says, "It be all twitchy like dat last one."

Juspera says, "For a second."

Juspera glances nervously at an enruned crimson dart.

Juspera just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

Speaking to you, Ceciliah says, "I would be careful touching that thing with bare hands."

Speaking to Raelee, Xanthium says, "So we see.  Well, observe."

Ceciliah glances at an enruned crimson dart.

Raelee says, "My initial observation would be that while the is partially about time, it not entirely so."

You nod slowly at Ceciliah.

Xanthium nods slowly at Raelee.

Nehor offers, "The Flock has been charged with protecting the Isle. I suspect there is some sort of time distortion on this dart...though I may be mistaken. We would appreciate your assistance in identifying whatever spell is upon it."

Nehor nods at Raelee.

Sarmoya says, "It is doing the same thing."

Tatria muses, "Copper and vague remembrance of citris."

Raelee says, "I believe it is also projecting."

Dayzed rolls his eyes.

Speaking to Nehor, Naamit says, "Space. Time and Space."

Stepping out of his slippers for a moment, Faerinn removes a pair of knit deep purple and alpaca fiber socks from his feet.

You frown at Raelee.

Ordim gags.

Talinvor takes a slow, deep breath then pinches the bridge of his nose.

Nehor nods at Naamit.

You hunch your shoulders and snarl menacingly at Nehor!

Dhairn quietly asks, "The flock has been charged with protecting the isle?"

Steenk spends some time haggling with Greth Rottgut.

Dhairn grins slowly.

Xanthium says, "Perhaps they are all enchanted to destroy themselves after hitting- or missing- their target."

Mellny asks, "Projectin' be another word fer twichin?"

Speaking to Raelee, Rinori says, "There has been an awful lot of projecting on this island..."

Mellny furrows her brow.

Ordim reaches into the depths of his talon-toggled coat and pulls out a ragged leather volume from an inner pocket, causing the multicolored beaks to rattle with the movement.

Ordim gazes thoughtfully at his leather volume.

Speaking to Xanthium, Lynaera says, "A slow acting enchantment, then."

Speaking to Naamit, Nehor asks, "Yes. And attacking people in positions of trust here in the Isle...first Selbi, then Greth...next...whom?"

Naamit begins chuckling at Rinori!

You slowly ask, "Or is it the same dart?"

Raelee Admits to Feeling Things

Raelee says, "I have absolutely no idea what is happening here, yet I felt the same anger... the same familiarity, and I should not."

Xanthium glances at Lynaera.

(Faerinn attempts to wrap his socks around the dart and pull.)

You scowl at an enruned crimson dart.

Wodsong taps an enruned crimson dart.

Speaking to Xanthium, Tatria says, "Or same dart called back to Master."

You say, "Certainly has the same ... solution."

Naamit snaps smartly to attention!

Ordim turns his volume's pages to a new chapter.

You blink at Raelee.

Xanthium says, "...it might...be hard for them to..."

Ordim's lips curl into a wicked grin as he delights in reading his leather volume.

Faerinn says, "Who has so many returning darts like that."

Speaking to Raelee, you ask, "You felt anger?"

Raelee says, "Which indicates it is either projecting, or if it is entirely about time... it would come from the future."

Faerinn just tried to pull an enruned crimson dart.

Ordim squints at a ragged leather volume.

Speaking slowly to Raelee, you ask, "You felt?"

Speaking to Greth, Sarmoya says, "I fear perhaps that dart will continue to attack you."

Speaking cheerfully to you, Mellny says, "Seen one squiggly dart, seen dem all."

Dayzed put an ice blue glowbark crook wrapped with polar bearskin in his bearskin weapon sling.

Speaking to an enruned crimson dart, Xanthium says, "...that was odd."

The dart flares twice in quick succession, and an audible THUMP can be heard with each flare of the light.

You nod slowly at Mellny.

Ceciliah says, "I would assume the pulse is meant to keep injecting the target with it's malicious purpose."

Mellny skips in a merry little circle around an enruned crimson dart.

Speaking dryly to you, Raelee says, "Anger is easy to find."

Akenna's group just arrived.

Juspera bites her lip.

Dayzed frowns.

Speaking to Greth, you ask, "See?"

You point at an enruned crimson dart.

You frown at an enruned crimson dart.

Khobra raises an eyebrow.

Wodsong exclaims, "Its doing it again!"

Steenk says, "It has a heartbeat."

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium asks, "Did you...hear that?"

Naamit nods in agreement at Steenk.

Juspera asks, "What if it explodes?"

Faerinn says, "The dart either made me feel something or I just disassociated on my own."

Speaking to Xanthium, Juspera asks, "What?"

Ordim hisses something about poisons as he reads to himself from his leather volume.

Lynaera says, "It sounds as though the dart is being hurled, still. Hitting targets we cannot see."

Wolfloner searches around for a moment.

Speaking to Greth, Faerinn says, "Take cover."

Juspera blinks at Lynaera.

Wolfloner makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
Wolfloner gestures.
Wolfloner appears to be keenly aware of his surroundings.

Xanthium nods at Faerinn.

The dart flares again, twice in succession, and the light is brighter than before.

You say, "Soon it'll roll around a bit, thump some more..."

Juspera shifts her weight.

You say, "Then it's going to disappear."

Ordim blinks.

Dhairn narrows his eyes.

You scowl at an enruned crimson dart.

Juspera says, "I don't like being here."

Faerinn leans against an enruned crimson dart.

Ordim exclaims, "Cover it with the nut bowl!"

Ordim points at an oversized peanut bowl.

Tatria takes a few steps back.

Speaking to Faerinn, Xanthium says, "I felt that, too."

Ceciliah says, "Is anyone familiar with containment shields...for the dart."

Opalina squints at an enruned crimson dart.

Mellny nods vigorously at Ordim!

Juspera says, "Yeah but what if it doesn't disappear and it explodes instead."

Dhairn just tried to pull an enruned crimson dart.

Wolfloner slings a scratched illthorn buckler off from over his shoulder.

The binding of Ordim's leather volume creaks loudly as he closes it shut.

Akenna asks, "Has it come back to finish the job?"

Preparing Bind, you solicit the spirits with a casual flick of the hand, and tendrils of sanguine thread appear, then wrap around your hand in an agonizingly painful bind before they fade away.
Your spell is ready.
>cast dart
Be at peace my child, there is no need for spells of war in here.

>release
You feel the magic of your spell rush away from you.

Ordim slips a hand into the depths of his talon-toggled coat and places a ragged leather volume into an inner pocket, causing the multicolored beaks to rattle with the movement.

Raelee says, "Though if it is entirely about time - a single dart able to attack in multiple places in an instant..."

Speaking to Faerinn, Xanthium says, "Like something was out of place.  Me, or the dart..or something deeper."

Naamit focuses her concentration, briefly studying the composition of an enruned crimson dart.

Faerinn begins a musical chant...

Juspera blinks at Raelee.

Speaking cheekily to Akenna, Mellny offers, "Or start a new 'un."

Wodsong asks, "Can we steal its magics?"

Speaking to Akenna, Lynaera says, "It appears to be after Greth, now. Or, it was."

Tatria asks, "Destroy it?"

Naamit nods knowingly at Faerinn.

(Ordim tries to cover the dart with the peanut bowl.)

Speaking to Ceciliah, you say, "I cannot bind it in here."

The orange-breasted pygmy-parrot ruffles his feathers.

Raelee says, "That is well and truly fascinating, though honestly... not that complex."

Ordim furrows his brow.

Akenna frowns at Greth.

A bright light flares from the dart, bathing the inside of the inn in a deep crimson hue!  When the light fades, the dart is gone.

Juspera is admiring Raelee.

Ordim snaps his fingers, looking quite disappointed.

Opalina rubs something in a silver-hinged black dart case.

Speaking to Tatria, Ceciliah says, "You can't study something that is destroyed."

Juspera gives a sigh of relief.

The red and grey fox pants quietly.

Wodsong exclaims, "Everyone duck!"

Xanthium smiles at Raelee.

Speaking dryly to Juspera, Raelee says, "Perhaps there is something interesting here after all."

Nehor quickly exclaims, "We must find its next target!"

Naamit says, "It will be back again shortly."

Speaking cheerfully to you, Mellny exclaims, "You were rights!"

You slowly say, "No shockwave that time..."

Nehor surveys the area.

Ordim stands up.

A pained expression crosses Faerinn's face.

You frown.

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

Greth swears softly under his breath.

Wodsong ducks his head.

You nod at Mellny.

Faerinn says, "Round three."

Akenna asks, "Like a hook on fishing wire?"

Dhairn quietly says, "We must stay here."

Speaking absently to Mellny, you say, "I usually am."

Speaking to you, Ceciliah says, "Perhaps an enchanted pouch."

Akenna asks, "Cast out, drawn back?"

Speaking to Raelee, Xanthium says, "I'm glad you're here.  That might not be interesting in and of itself, but it's foremost in my head."

The orange-breasted pygmy-parrot pecks at the ground.

Speaking to Greth, Naamit asks, "Are you quite alright, short of the startle?"

You nod at Akenna.

You nod at Ceciliah.

Stepping out of his slippers for a moment, Faerinn slips a pair of knit deep purple and alpaca fiber socks on his feet.

Juspera says, "Maybe nothing is wrong at all."

Mellny giggles at you.

Speaking to Ceciliah, Tatria says, "Destroyed cannot harm any others."

Juspera says, "Nothing bad will happen."

Akenna says, "Interesting thing to have."

Nehor nervously asks, "Whom will it strike next?"

You say, "I agree. I think it somehow is recalled to its owner."

Raelee nods slowly at Xanthium.

Juspera says, "I'm sure we're all over-reacting."

Opalina just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

You notice Xilona try to tiptoe silently by you.

You notice a yellow-capped orange-breasted pygmy-parrot glancing off in another direction for a moment.

You notice Greth glancing off in another direction for a moment.

Dhairn offers Juspera a smooth single malt scotch.

You say, "I think it's the same dart."

Juspera takes a drink from her rosy hibiscus metheglin.

Greth asks, "I am fine, Mistress, thank you.  Was anyone else hurt by that... thing?"

Juspera glances at you.

Faerinn asks, "Anyone have spare blood?"

Xilona comes out of hiding.

You say, "The next time I smell it, I might be able to smell Selbi on it and see."

You frown.

Mellny removes a faintly mirrored glass sphere from in her pale ruby pelisse.

Speaking to Greth, Sarmoya says, "You may wish to seek shelter."

Juspera removes a vial of pallid sanguine blood from in her cloak.

Speaking to Greth, Ceciliah says, "Not yet."

Juspera offers Faerinn a vial of pallid sanguine blood.

Naamit gazes at her reflection in the silver-framed mirror.

Juspera shrugs at Faerinn.

The red and grey fox roots around the room.

Faerinn says, "It might keep going until it hits blood."

Faerinn accepts Juspera's pallid sanguine blood.

You take a drink from your pale red broth.  It is thick, with a metallic aftertaste.

Wodsong says, "But the owner only appeared the first time, I think this dart no longer needs its owner."

Speaking to Greth, Xanthium says, "I wasn't hurt, no.  But I felt something- and Faerinn, too.  Something disquieting."

Naamit momentarily glances at her red sunstone bead.

Ceciliah peers quizzically at Faerinn.

Speaking to Juspera, Faerinn says, "Thanks."

Naamit gently brushes her black hair away from her eyes and, with a deft twist of her wrist, tucks it back into its bindings.

Speaking cheerfully to her mirrored glass sphere, Mellny asks, "Be dey all overreactin?"

Glowing crimson motes of light twinkle within the mirrored glass sphere in response to Mellny's voice.

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Speaking to Faerinn, Ceciliah says, "That's an interesting theory."

Mellny shakes her mirrored glass sphere vigorously!  Within the mirror-finished glass, distinctive plumes of black and white smoke whirl and eddy.  One by one, motes of glowing crimson light blink into existence within the sphere and begin to coalesce into recognizable shapes.  The light pauses momentarily on the answer "I think not" before bursting into tiny glowing crimson specks which quickly dissipate.

Ordim nervously giggles.

Speaking quietly to Xanthium, Dhairn asks, "What was it you felt?"

Mellny gulps.

Xanthium shakes her head.

Mellny takes a few graceful steps backward.

Mellny put a faintly mirrored glass sphere in her pale ruby pelisse.

Speaking to Xanthium, Tatria asks, "You smell acrid smoke and feel revulsion too?"

Faerinn says, "Something out of place."

A Trip to the Alchemist's

You helplessly ask, "Should we go talk to the alchemist and see if they have heard of a citrus poison that makes people sleep?"

Xanthium says, "Just something about the dart seemed out of place.  Some foreboding."

Wolfloner nods to you.

Khobra agrees with you.

Juspera says, "Raelee will be able to tell us -"

Faerinn says, "I'm not sure if I'm comfortable leaving this spot until that dart stops."

Wodsong runs his right index finger down the length of the beak on his mask and taps it twice before pointing at something in front of him.

A pained expression crosses Juspera's face.

Juspera gags.

Juspera leans against a wide-mouthed mahogany barrel.

You nod slowly at Faerinn.

Faerinn says, "It will be back."

Wolfloner darkly says, "Done all that can be done here I suspect."

You ask, "Do you think it will come for Greth again?"

Juspera pants.

Speaking to Xanthium, Nehor says, "Familiar and yet not. As if we have seen it before...or will see it again. Time distortion, if I had to guess."

The red and grey fox raises his ears, glancing around the room.

Faerinn says, "Maybe."

Mellny glances at Greth.

Speaking to Xanthium, Juspera says, "Oh, I shouldn't have drunk that."

Speaking to you, Sarmoya says, "I do."

Faerinn says, "Or after Socius."

Xilona glances at Greth.

(Darcena gives Greth a worried glance.)

Nehor asks, "Should we check on other leaders of industry to see if they got darted?"

Greth says, "If it comes, I'll be careful."

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Xanthium shakes her head.

Mellny sashays in a circle to the left.

Speaking to Xanthium, Juspera says, "That drink you gave me is making me sick."

Juspera plops down to the ground in a sitting position.

Khobra agrees with Greth.

Naamit nods with satisfaction to Greth.

Dhairn quietly says, "There were rememberences of dreams past... feelings of violence... An old old anger or manifest thereof. Acrid lands filled with smoke."

Juspera buries her face in her hands.

You doubtfully say, "Well, follow me if you want to see the alchemist about the poison."

Speaking to Madalayne, Wodsong says, "Maybe we're the target, the urn has been pretty bad at dealing with us."

Xilona takes a moment to observe Greth.

Akenna joins your group.

Mellny stares at Dhairn.

Speaking thoughtfully to Nehor, Talinvor says, "If Selbi has put us in charge, that will make us targets as well perhaps."

Tatria nods at Dhairn.

Xanthium nods slowly at Tatria.

Nehor nods at Talinvor.

Tatria nods at Xanthium.

Xilona growls ferociously!

Juspera says, "I can't go anywhere."

You turn around.
You glance at a set of swinging oak doors.

Juspera says, "I don't feel good."

Steenk [Local]: "Beware on the Isle.  Darts from nowhere are taking people down."

You say, "We'll return very shortly."

Naamit cocks her head at Juspera.

You frown at Juspera.

Speaking seriously to Talinvor, Nehor says, "We need to find answers to help defend against this. This cannot stand."

Talinvor exasperatedly says, "Flock in the line of fire... again."

Juspera nods.

Speaking to Juspera, you ask, "Perhaps Penre can help?"

Speaking to Juspera, Naamit says, "Then have a seat."

Speaking to Talinvor, Xilona says, "You certainly are not "in charge"."

Ordim blinks.

Speaking to Juspera, Lynaera commands, "You are fine. Go with Darcena."

Faerinn whispers aloud, "Hey dart Nehor is in charge now."

The red and grey fox pants quietly.

You say, "He did learn quite a bit about healing when he was living with me."

Juspera stares at Lynaera.

Ordim says, "Someone just fell on the island to the dart."

Speaking to Juspera, Mellny whispers aloud, "Don't be drinkin' da water though."

Ordim frets.

Juspera says, "My stomach feels bad."

Ordim [Local]: "Where ?"

Xilona begins a careful examination of Juspera -- she takes her pulse, checks her temperature, and checks for broken bones or any other ailments.

Ordim exclaims, "The island is under attack again!"

Ordim frets.

Faerinn offers Juspera a glass of lemon-zested water.

Xanthium casually glances at Lynaera.

Ordim flails his arms comically in the air in frustration while crumbs tumble off his clothing.

Tatria agrees with Mellny.

You decisively say, "We'll be back shortly."

Xilona spends some time haggling with Greth Rottgut.

Speaking to Xilona, Talinvor says, "Selbi expressed frustration with the Defenders. Acknowledged the Flock as actually having leadership and plans."

(Juspera gives Xilona a pitiful look, hands over her stomach.)

Juspera accepts Faerinn's lemon-zested water.

You move toward a set of swinging oak doors, striding away.

(Editor's note: Travel has been removed.)

You move toward a gleaming grey marble house, striding away.
[Marble House, Arcane Sales]
The shop opens up into a vast space.  Numerous trinkets and potions can be seen scattered throughout the many holding containers lining the silk-draped walls.  You also see an elegant wooden sign.
Obvious exits: east, out
Akenna, Ceciliah, Raelee, Madalayne, Wodsong, Tatria, Wolfloner, Sarmoya, Mellny, Faerinn, Lynaera, Xanthium, Khobra and Dhairn followed.

In the Common language, it reads:
All of your alchemic needs are just an ORDER away!

You stride away, moving east.
[Marble House, Consignment]
A large woven tapestry dominates the eastern wall, illustrating an elven mage clasping an intricately carved amulet.  Tucked into a corner is a sorting bin filled with sands of varying color and refinement.  You also see an elegant wooden sign.
Obvious exits: south, west
Akenna, Ceciliah, Raelee, Madalayne, Wodsong, Tatria, Wolfloner, Sarmoya, Mellny, Faerinn, Lynaera, Xanthium, Khobra and Dhairn followed.

Steenk [Local]: "Near the Stumbling Pebble Bar."

You belt out, "Hello!"

Lynaera slips a hand to the small of her back, deftly retrieving a perfect eahnor parazonium.

Tatria takes a bite of her rolton steak.

Faerinn says, "Hi."

You laugh at Faerinn!

You stride away, moving west.
[Marble House, Arcane Sales]
The shop opens up into a vast space.  Numerous trinkets and potions can be seen scattered throughout the many holding containers lining the silk-draped walls.  You also see an elegant wooden sign.
Obvious exits: east, out
Akenna, Ceciliah, Raelee, Madalayne, Wodsong, Tatria, Wolfloner, Sarmoya, Mellny, Faerinn, Lynaera, Xanthium, Khobra and Dhairn followed.

Steenk [Local]: "In fact, I think you saw it too."

You belt out, "Anyone here? We have a question!"

Tatria asks, "Dhaika?"

You stride away, moving east.
[Marble House, Consignment]
A large woven tapestry dominates the eastern wall, illustrating an elven mage clasping an intricately carved amulet.  Tucked into a corner is a sorting bin filled with sands of varying color and refinement.  You also see an elegant wooden sign.
Obvious exits: south, west
Akenna, Ceciliah, Raelee, Madalayne, Wodsong, Tatria, Wolfloner, Sarmoya, Mellny, Faerinn, Lynaera, Xanthium, Khobra and Dhairn followed.

(Madalayne peers out from behind Wodsong curiously.)

Khobra casually observes her surroundings.

Wodsong says, "No citrus poison on the menu."

Wodsong shakes his head.

Ordim [Local]: "Who did you see it strike?"

Lord Faerinn just went west.

You stride away, moving south.
[Marble House, Used Emporium]
Nearing the back of the shop, the displays begin to offer less polish and reveal more usage.  Despite their appearance, their craftsmanship shows many more years left before their expiration.  A witchwood pentagonal table stands neatly centered along the back wall.
Obvious exits: north
Akenna, Ceciliah, Raelee, Madalayne, Wodsong, Tatria, Wolfloner, Sarmoya, Mellny, Lynaera, Xanthium, Khobra and Dhairn followed.

Speaking to you, Tatria says, "Name is Dhaika."

Ceciliah clears her throat.

You belt out, "Dhaika!"

Mellny yells, "We got unwanted alchemic supplies ta sell!"

Xanthium just went north.

You stride away, moving north.
[Marble House, Consignment]
A large woven tapestry dominates the eastern wall, illustrating an elven mage clasping an intricately carved amulet.  Tucked into a corner is a sorting bin filled with sands of varying color and refinement.  You also see an elegant wooden sign.
Obvious exits: south, west
Akenna, Ceciliah, Raelee, Madalayne, Wodsong, Tatria, Wolfloner, Sarmoya, Mellny, Lynaera, Khobra and Dhairn followed.

You stride away, moving west.
[Marble House, Arcane Sales]
The shop opens up into a vast space.  Numerous trinkets and potions can be seen scattered throughout the many holding containers lining the silk-draped walls.  You also see an elegant wooden sign.
Obvious exits: east, out
Akenna, Ceciliah, Raelee, Madalayne, Wodsong, Tatria, Wolfloner, Sarmoya, Mellny, Lynaera, Khobra and Dhairn followed.

Sarmoya frowns.

Steenk [Local]: "Uhmmm ... Selbi?"

Akenna folds her arms over her chest.

You belt out, "Dhaika are you here?"

Dhairn quietly says, "I do not believe the poison originated from the isle. But perhaps the herbalist may know of something."

An elderly halfling alchemist stands up.

You say, "Maybe there will be a..."

You exclaim, "Oh!"

An elderly halfling alchemist asks, "Huh?"

You nod to the halfling alchemist.

Steenk [Local]: "Then just missed Greth?"

>sniff alchemist
That probably wouldn't be good for your health.

Sarmoya bows to an elderly halfling alchemist.

Akenna waves to the alchemist.

You say, "I have a question that perhaps you can help with."

An elderly halfling alchemist asks, "Uh... can I... help you?"

Speaking to an elderly halfling alchemist, Sarmoya says, "Good afternoon."

Khobra nods in greeting to the halfling alchemist.

An elderly halfling alchemist shuffles awkwardly, smoothing his apron.

Wodsong cheerfully exclaims, "We need poison!"

Ceciliah takes a moment to observe an elderly halfling alchemist.

You say, "Well... We do."

You nod to the halfling alchemist.

An elderly halfling alchemist says, "Um... sure."

You blink at Wodsong.

Speaking to Dhairn, Lynaera says, "Greth was familiar with the extract, and said it was produced on the isle in the past."

Khobra glances between an elderly halfling alchemist and yourself.

You say, "I was wondering if you were familiar with a sleeping poison..."

You say, "It smells a little like citrus."

You say, "And blood, although that may have been Selbi's blood."

An elderly halfling alchemist blinks in confusion, his rheumy gaze going distant for a moment.

An elderly halfling alchemist asks, "Citrus, you say?"

You nod to the halfling alchemist.

You quickly say, "You see, some assassin just tried to kill off your town administrator."

Dhairn quietly says, "Interesting. Then the use of the chronomage teleportation was probably for expedition and not for translocation."

Tatria adds, "And copper."

Mellny says, "She dids.  Citrus.  Copper."

You say, "And the dart smells like citrus and copper."

Mellny says, "I mean, citrus.  Copper."

You say, "It's also lined in crimson runes."

An elderly halfling alchemist says, "There was a... well, I mean, a while back there was a problem with the Iyo.  They used some kinda citrus in some of their darts."

Wodsong asks, "Can we find a chronomage to read the runes?"

You helpfully add, "And it thumps and pulses."

An elderly halfling alchemist scratches his head in confusion.

Wodsong says, "Seems to be tied to their magics."

Speaking to an elderly halfling alchemist, Faerinn asks, "Citrus native to this island. Any of that?"

You swear, "Iyo."

Wodsong waggles his fingers mystically.  Ooh...impressive.

Speaking to an elderly halfling alchemist, you ask, "Anything else you can tell us about the Iyo and the citrus poison?"

Mellny loudly repeats, "Citrus."

You ask, "Does it have a name?"

An elderly halfling alchemist says, "But that's been a long time ago.  And it wasn't too effective, cause it was water soluble."

Tatria asks, "Iyo, yes, make sense, Selbi make promise to them?"

Speaking to an elderly halfling alchemist, Sarmoya asks, "A problem?"

You focus on projecting your thoughts...
You (Focused to Xanthium) [Local]: "The alchemist says the Iyo had this poison."
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

An elderly halfling alchemist says, "You could literally wash it away, or out of the system."

Speaking quietly to an elderly halfling alchemist, Dhairn asks, "Do you know of any antivenom that could counteract the sleeping agent of this extract?"

You say, "Water... soluble."

You say, "Perfect. That's what I needed to know."

You say, "We need to rush back."

Dhairn quietly says, "Water."

Dhairn nods.

You ask, "Unless you have anything else quick to add?"

You peer quizzically at an elderly halfling alchemist.

Mellny cheerfully says, "Mebbe dat bad water wills come in handy after alls."

Mellny nods vigorously!

Speaking quietly to an elderly halfling alchemist, Dhairn says, "You're one step ahead of me. Thank you so much."

Dhairn removes a tumbler of Dragonspine water from in his oiled leather case.

An elderly halfling alchemist exclaims, "Um... I don't... think so... though I'd like to look at this dart if you get a chance!"

Speaking to an elderly halfling alchemist, Sarmoya asks, "What was the problem?"

You focus on projecting your thoughts...
You (Focused to Xanthium) [Local]: "TELL PENRE TO FLUSH HER SYSTEM WITH WATER."
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Madalayne says, "And bubbles for the bath."

You nod to the halfling alchemist.

You say, "I'll see what I can do."

Xanthium (Focused) [Local]: "I will."

Tatria removes a large jug of water from in her ramie silk vest.

You hesitantly say, "It was resistant to being picked up."

Dhairn nods at Tatria.

Khobra raises an eyebrow.

Speaking sincerely to an elderly halfling alchemist, you say, "Thank you."

An elderly halfling alchemist says, "The Iyo were using it to hunt, and they got a little out of hand before Socius took care of it."

You say, "Sorry for interrupting your... err... nap."

An elderly halfling alchemist exclaims, "Welcome!"

Mellny glances incredulously around the room.

Speaking to Dhairn, Tatria says, "Clean, not like Greth water."

An elderly halfling alchemist yawns dramatically.

You nod slowly to the halfling alchemist.

Mellny says, "You be all so well prepared."

Mellny nods eagerly.

You say, "I told Xanthium to tell Penre..."

You say, "About the water, but let's rush back."

Healing Selbi

[Stumbling Pebble Bar II]
Dried, cracked boards mingle with newer knotted pine planks as they spread across the floor from the swinging oak doors to the white oak bar.  Several half-cask chairs are arranged in circles around the room, their backs weathered and cracked, while plump couches face a fireplace that looks as if it has seen better days.  A scattering of cracked peanut shells litters the floor around an oversized bowl that is set upon a faded blue rug.  You also see a yellow-capped orange-breasted pygmy-parrot, a glass of lemon-zested water, a small cup of ginger tea, a pewter stein, a black-eared red and grey fox that is sitting, a wide-mouthed mahogany barrel, a series of high barstools, a basket of sticks and Greth.
Also here: Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit, Aleid, High Lord Talinvor, Flockmaster Nehor, Relic Hunter Ordim, Xanthium, Defender of Mist Harbor Xilona, Juspera who is lying down, Steenk, Dayzed
Obvious exits: none
Akenna, Ceciliah, Raelee, Madalayne, Wodsong, Tatria, Wolfloner, Sarmoya, Mellny, Lynaera, Khobra and Dhairn followed.

Greth nods slowly.

Xanthium nods to you.

Greth says, "I'll tell him."

Tatria takes a bite of her rolton steak.

Speaking to Xanthium, you ask, "You tell him?"

Xanthium says, "I did."

Greth moves out of Dhairn's way and glances at him.

You nod slowly.

Speaking cheerfully to Juspera, Mellny says, "Oy!  You be all stretched out."

You say, "We talked to the alchemist."

Steenk glances at Greth.

Dhairn taps a tumbler of Dragonspine water, which is in his right hand.

Juspera nods at Mellny.

Dhairn put a smooth single malt scotch in his ebon leather duster.

You say, "Short little halfling."

Speaking to Mellny, Juspera says, "Yes I'm very sick."

The orange-breasted pygmy-parrot ruffles his feathers.

You say, "Said that the Iyo had a poison like this. Water soluble."

Speaking to you, Xanthium asks, "Aren't they all?"

Lord Faerinn just arrived.

Speaking to Ordim, Nehor says, "If the Iyo are familiar with such poisons they may be familiar with cures. See to it."

Tatria takes a bite of her rolton steak.

Xanthium perches atop one of the nearby high barstools and leans forward against the white oak bar.

Xilona paces back and forth.

Juspera glances at a glass of lemon-zested water.

You say, "Socius stopped them from using it."

Xanthium takes a drink from her yabalithium melomel.
Xanthium's eyes water and her nose runs.

Juspera whimpers.

Greth nods in approval and mutters, "Thank ya... the water here isn't too great."

Juspera picks up a glass of lemon-zested water.

Xanthium nods at Juspera.

Faerinn says, "I wonder what citrus fruit that comes from."

You say, "So... he should have really recognized it."

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

With a heavy sigh, Juspera pushes herself up to a sitting position.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "Drink that."

Juspera takes a drink from her lemon-zested water.

Speaking to Juspera, Mellny offers, "Mebbe you shoulds drinks dat."

Speaking to Nehor, Tatria asks, "Selbi promise things to Iyo?"

Speaking to Greth, Naamit says, "This is easily remedied you know."

Juspera says, "I don't want to put anything in my stomach."

Juspera takes a drink from her lemon-zested water.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "Just do it."

Juspera says, "If I throw up, it's your fault."

Juspera takes a drink from her lemon-zested water.

You give a sidelong glance at Tatria.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "It's important."

Naamit whispers something to Juspera.

The orange-breasted pygmy-parrot hops around the room.

Juspera whines at Xanthium!

Greth knocks on the small door behind the bar and opens it, passing the tumbler of water in and closing the door behind him.

Speaking slowly to Tatria, you say, "That's a really good connection."

Naamit spends some time haggling with Greth Rottgut.

Faerinn says, "I didn't come across any when we were canning and preserving fruit."

Speaking eagerly to Juspera, Mellny says, "Pick a good directions."

The red and grey fox rolls around on the ground for a moment.

Speaking to Tatria, Nehor says, "The Iyo are the indigenous people of th is isle...there is a relationship between the leadership of the Harbor and the Iyo, yes. Traditionally."

Mellny fiddles with the edges of her pale ruby pelisse while humming a light saucy tune.

Greth says, "Penre will give it to her."

Naamit offers Juspera a bowl of crackers.

Speaking to Juspera, Faerinn asks, "Do you need a tie for your hair?"

Juspera accepts Naamit's bowl of crackers.

Ordim nods once.

Juspera takes a drink from her lemon-zested water.

Xanthium glances at Naamit.

Juspera takes a drink from her lemon-zested water.

Faerinn takes a bite of his brown-skinned kiwifruit.

Xilona just grabbed a wooden stick from the basket of sticks.

(Juspera shows her empty vessel to Xanthium.)

You confusedly murmur, "What else would be important."

Ordim glances at a yellow-capped orange-breasted pygmy-parrot.

You say, "The woman."

Xilona breaks a stick into pieces and tosses them into the fireplace.

Juspera takes a bite of her bowl of crackers.

Xanthium nods at Juspera.

You ask, "Did anyone notice anything about the woman?"

Juspera licks her bowl of crackers.

Speaking to Nehor, Tatria asks, "They have old anger at town?"

Dhairn quietly says, "You may also wish to wash the wound site to prevent further innoculation of the extract."

Faerinn says, "Slender build."

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "Drink another glass, if there's one handy."

You doubtfully ask, "Perhaps in those ... feelings .. or dreams ... you all are having?"

Juspera frowns at Xanthium.

With a flap of its wings, the orange-breasted pygmy-parrot launches itself into the air.

The orange-breasted pygmy-parrot flies off.

Ordim nods once.

Faerinn says, "Had a chronomage device."

You slowly say, "I didn't get any."

Sarmoya says, "That is wise."

Speaking to yourself, you murmur, "...for once."

Wodsong says, "Zelia hasn't shared any dreams with me recently."

Speaking cheerfully to Faerinn, Mellny asks, "Oy!  Do you have any more of dat fancy water?"

Wodsong shakes his head.

Speaking to Tatria, Nehor admits, "Ordim would be the one to know about the Iyo. He is the Flocks liason with them."

Mellny glances at Juspera.

Juspera takes a bite of her bowl of crackers.

Akenna looks lost in thought.

Faerinn looks over at Mellny and shakes his head.

Juspera licks her bowl of crackers.

Talinvor rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Tatria glances askance around the room.

You nod at Wodsong.

You glance at Ordim.

Ordim nods faintly.

Faerinn takes a bite of his brown-skinned kiwifruit.

Speaking to Ordim, you ask, "Did Selbi promise something to the Iyo?"

Speaking to you, Xanthium says, "I felt like there was something...wrong, out of place, with the dart.  Almost to the point of being pushed away by the sensation."

Akenna says, "She had... I saw a point to her ears."

Speaking to Ordim, you ask, "Have they said anything?"

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Speaking to you, Xanthium says, "It only lasted a second."

Juspera takes a bite of her bowl of crackers.

Ordim offers, "Strong, Noble, Proud, first of the Island, the Iyo."

Akenna says, "Elven."

Raelee gazes watchfully at her surroundings.

Speaking to Akenna, you ask, "She was an elf?"

Lynaera folds her hands behind her back.

Raelee folds her arms over her chest.

Speaking to Xanthium, Juspera says, "You're very talented."

Speaking to you, Akenna says, "Or she had elf blood."

Xanthium looks thoughtfully at Raelee.

Akenna says, "They were pointed."

Madalayne rubs her monkey-skin hat.

Speaking to you, Ordim confirms, "Only that they didn't want to talk to Socius."

Ordim blinks.

Juspera says, "However, all we have to do is ask Magister Raelee. She knows just about everything."

Speaking to Ordim, you ask, "But would talk to Selbi?"

Speaking to you, Ordim mutters, "That reminds me though..."

Ordim quickly lifts the edge of his slate grey cowl and covers his mouth, only to seconds later issue a muffled cough.

Nehor says, "The Iyo worked with us in the battle against Nazhor not too long ago. It makes no sense they would want to harm mistress Selbi."

Raelee gives a sidelong glance at Juspera.

Juspera smiles a big, beaming smile at Raelee.

You murmur, "Probably because Socius stopped them in the past..."

Ordim exclaims, "I am pretty sure I saw pointy ears on that mysterious figure!"

Ordim nods once.

Akenna says, "It was a flash, I saw it when she turned."

The red and grey fox barks.

Akenna shifts her weight.

Ordim gasps.

Ordim flails his arms comically in the air in frustration while crumbs tumble off his clothing.

Faerinn says, "Someone is trying to frame a lot of people."

You nod slowly at Akenna.

Speaking to Akenna, Sarmoya says, "I saw it as well."

Juspera glances skeptically at Faerinn.

Akenna says, "I'm not trying to frame anyone."

Juspera takes a bite of her bowl of crackers.

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Akenna says, "I saw what I saw."

Ordim warns, "What if Vaalor is trying to take over the island too!"

Ordim frets.

Xanthium takes a drink from her yabalithium melomel.

Xanthium gasps for breath.

Ordim glances nervously around the room.

Juspera scowls at Ordim.

Dayzed rolls his eyes.

Akenna grins at Sarmoya.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium asks, "Do you feel improved?"

Talinvor says, "Neh, just trying to frame the Flock.."

Talinvor smirks.

Akenna says, "I'm glad I am not the only one."

Faerinn muses, "Anyone off island that would benefit from us all fightinng?"

Lynaera rubs her sapphire blue eyes.

Lynaera's face turns slightly pale.

Speaking darkly to Juspera, Wolfloner says, "I have it on good authority it is the owl that is the wizard and Raelee the familiar."

Speaking to Faerinn, Nehor says, "Regardless, the first thing we must do is ensure that any further attack is guarded against. Then we can look into who caused it."

You yell, "Stop bickering!"

Lynaera rubs her sapphire blue eyes.

Speaking to Nehor, Ordim suggests, "They tried to annex the landing!"

Juspera says, "Oh, no, I'm terribly sick."

>snarl
Ooh!  That felt great!

Juspera says, "Very sick."

Wolfloner glances at Raelee.

Raelee narrows her eyes and gives Wolfloner a dirty look.

Xanthium gazes heavenward.

Ethereal bearded-dragon eels coil to life around Dhairn's arm and chest, writhing and riding hidden currents to form a chelioboros above his gesturing hand. They fade away while his voice becomes but a whisper.
Dhairn gestures at Juspera.
Juspera's skin takes on a more pinkish tint.

Sarmoya frowns.

Faerinn takes a bite of his brown-skinned kiwifruit.

The red and grey fox raises his ears, glancing around the room.

Xanthium says, "...even odder."

Tatria agrees with you.

Recalling Things About the Woman

You say, "The woman was slender. She has an enruned crimson dart that has Iyo poison. She's got a Chronomage device. She has pointy ears."

Ethereal bearded-dragon eels coil to life around Dhairn's arm and chest, writhing and riding hidden currents to form a chelioboros above his gesturing hand. They fade away while his voice becomes but a whisper.
Dhairn gestures at Juspera.
Juspera's skin looks healthier.

You growl, "What else did we notice?"

Talinvor nods once at Nehor.

Ordim blinks at you.

Faerinn says, "I didn't spot her ears."

Sarmoya asks, "Did anyone else see red a moment ago?"

Faint golden lines trace across Raelee's skin as she appears to focus...
Raelee gestures.

Xanthium asks, "Did...any of you feel that?"

Greth asks, "An' she went after Selbi 'n me, so far as we know?"

Ordim nods in agreement.

Speaking to you, Juspera says, "We know that the dart is very, very bad."

Nehor says, "I also did not see her ears..."

Lynaera glances at Sarmoya and raises her hand.

Speaking to you, Talinvor says, "You're making assumptions that the poison is the Iyo. It was only a guess."

You look at Sarmoya and shake your head.

Juspera says, "And soemthing made me terribly sick."

Speaking to Akenna, Faerinn whispers aloud, "When did you see her ears?"

Tatria peers quizzically at Xanthium.

Nehor raises an eyebrow.

You snarl, "I'm not feeling anything at all."

Khobra turns an inquisitive ear toward Greth.

Speaking to Xanthium, Nehor asks, "Feel what?"

Dhairn gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

Xanthium says, "She's laughing at us."

Dhairn sniffs.

Naamit takes a drink from her black coffee.

Speaking to Faerinn, Akenna says, "When she turned, it was quick."

Xanthium says, "The assassin."

Faerinn blinks at Xanthium.

Dhairn narrows his eyes.

Nehor frowns.

You say, "Where IS Socius."

Nehor surveys the area.

You focus on projecting your thoughts...
You [Local]: "Socius! What have you found?"
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Speaking to you, Lynaera says, "Absent."

Faerinn says, "Like literally or figuratively."

Xanthium says, "I felt it.  She's amused by our confusion and accusations of one another."

Steenk nods to Greth.

Xanthium looks over at Faerinn and shakes her head.

Ordim says, "Evil elves entrust envoys every evening, emancipating evicted empires."

Juspera blinks at Xanthium.

Speaking to Lynaera, you mutter, "How predictable."

Ordim twitches, trying to control a vocal outburst, before settling into a disdained grumble while regaining composure.

Greth quietly mutters, "I've called for him.  He should be here soon, if he can."

Sarmoya asks, "Some of us saw red and others did not, then?"

Speaking to Lynaera, Nehor adds, "As he always is when it comes time to work."

Speaking to Faerinn, Akenna says, "Mister Sarmoya said he said it too."

Talinvor says, "It was a man that threw the dart at Greth."

Xilona nods to Greth.

Juspera says, "Clearly we're all in great danger."


Speaking to Faerinn, Xanthium says, "Literally.  A flash of crimson, like the runes."

Faerinn says, "Well another check box in third party sowing confusion."

Wodsong says, "The dart is slightly less bad if the primary outcome is hydration."

Akenna says, "He saw it."

Sarmoya asks, "Did anyone else hear distant laughter?"

Xanthium says, "And laughter.  A woman's laughter."

Tatria asks, "Maybe got dart or poison from Iyo?"

Juspera scowls at Wodsong.

Xanthium nods at Sarmoya.

Akenna says, "I just... I watch."

Xanthium says, "I did."

Akenna folds her arms over her chest.

Speaking confusedly to Talinvor, you ask, "A man threw the dart at Greth?"

Ordim narrows his eyes.

Talinvor says, "I did not hear laughter.."

You narrow your eyes.

Lynaera says, "It felt more like a memory, one of my own. How...odd."

Nehor admits, "I too heard no laughter."

Xanthium says, "I could be wrong, of course, it was in my head."

Speaking stiffly to Talinvor, you say, "I don't think I can trust you in this."

Nehor glances at Lynaera.

Lynaera shrugs slightly.

Ordim glances nervously at Nehor.

Ordim glances nervously around the room.

Faerinn nods at Naamit.

Ordim fidgets.

You ponder the meaning of Lynaera's existence.

Xanthium says, "But it was clearly connected."

The light blue glow leaves Madalayne.

Sarmoya says, "It was strange."

Khobra glances between Talinvor and yourself.

Juspera takes a bite of her bowl of crackers.

Speaking to you, Talinvor says, "Nor I, you."

Juspera takes a bite of her bowl of crackers.

Nehor disapprovingly says, "More time distortions."

You frown at Talinvor.

Tatria says, "Only saw slender figure, male or female."

Tatria shrugs.

The fire begins to die down somewhat, the flames retreating, and the embers shifting colors as they cool.

The red and grey fox rolls around on the ground for a moment.

Naamit nods in agreement at Tatria.

You murmur, "Crimson."

You say, "Wait."

(Juspera reaches up and scrabbles at the edge of a barstool, hauling herself up onto it.)

Juspera stands up.

Juspera perches atop one of the nearby high barstools and leans forward against the white oak bar.

Ordim exclaims, "The crimson legion!"

Ordim gasps.

Ordim flails his arms about.

Speaking to you, Sarmoya says, "Yes."

Aleid looks thoughtfully at Ordim.

You glance at Sarmoya.

Akenna asks, "Everyone sees a picture differently, yes?"

Faerinn says, "I heart them talk. Had a higher pitched voice."

Xanthium says, "We love our colorful names."

Speaking cheerfully to Juspera, Mellny offers, "Look how much taller you be nows."

Xanthium folds her arms over her chest.

Nehor inquires, "Do any have contacts with the Chronomancers? We should reach out to experts, no?"

Mellny nods vigorously at Juspera!

Steenk asks, "Can I ask a question?"

Lynaera nods politely.

Xilona tilts her head toward Steenk, examining him intently as the tip of one ear twitches briefly.

Nehor turns an inquisitive ear toward Steenk.

Xanthium glances at Raelee.

Juspera glances expectantly at Raelee.

You nod at Steenk.

You glance at Steenk.

Speaking to Raelee, Xanthium says, "You do."

Speaking to Steenk, you ask, "What?"

Steenk asks, "What do you all mean when you speak of time distrotion?"

Dhairn quietly says, "It seems obvious that what Selbi has brought upon herself is of concern to the isle.. but what concerns me more is the concept of other lands being involved. The use of chronomage magic as well as the acrid lands I envision..."

Tatria put a large jug of water in her ramie silk vest.

Faerinn takes a bite of his brown-skinned kiwifruit.

Penre Arrives

Penre wanders in.

Speaking to Raelee, you ask, "Time distortion. Explain?"

You hug Penre.

Speaking to Xanthium, Raelee asks, "What?  Contacts within the Chronomages?"

Penre slowly empties his lungs.

Speaking to Steenk, Nehor asks, "Did you happen to look at the dart?"

Naamit cocks her head at Penre.

Khobra glances at Penre.

Speaking to Steenk, Talinvor says, "More assumptions on things they do not understand."

Speaking warmly to Penre, you say, "Hello friend."

Nehor bows respectfully before Penre, his eyes fixed firmly on the ground.

Steenk nods at Nehor.

Sarmoya bows to Penre.

Penre flashes a quick grin at you.

Speaking to Penre, Sarmoya says, "Good afternoon."

Juspera turns to face Penre.

Speaking to Steenk, Nehor asks, "Did you note how it felt oddly...familiar?"

Speaking to Raelee, Xanthium says, "Yes, there was the one- I only met her once."

Xilona takes a moment to observe Penre.

Speaking tiredly to you, Penre says, "It is good to see you again, though I regret the circumstance."

Talinvor nods to Penre in greeting.

Tatria removes a small cup of water from in her ramie silk vest.

Speaking to Nehor, Steenk says, "It was red, with runes, and smelled of copper and ... maybe lemon juice."

You nod slowly at Penre.

Tatria takes a drink from her cup of water.

Speaking to you, Raelee says, "What is there to explain?  Time distortion is when time is experienced at something other than a linear rate."

Speaking to Penre, you ask, "Is she doing better with the water?"

You point at Steenk.

You point at Raelee.

Speaking to you, Raelee says, "Backwards, forwards, faster, slower, out of order..."

Nehor says, "The sense of Deja Vu is common when it comes to time distortion and magic. The sense that you've seen something before...been in a situation before..."

Talinvor takes a drink from his Dhe'nari blood wine.

Penre tiredly says, "Mistress Selbi is resting well.  Her breathing is good, and she is beginning to stir.  Thank you, all, for the suggestion of the water."

Steenk turns to face Raelee.

Speaking confusedly to Raelee, you ask, "Does it usually come with thumping sounds?"

Ordim offers, "Its like when you eat a muffin but still feel like you haven't."

Talinvor tilts his Dhe'nari blood wine side to side, making the light play off it.

Ordim nods.

Xanthium smiles at Penre.

Mellny glances askance at Penre.

Faerinn asks, "Are the Chronomages sick of us ruining their resort town?"

Speaking to Xanthium, Raelee says, "Chrysamber.  But... she owes me nothing."

Speaking to Penre, Xanthium says, "I'm glad Greth relayed the message."

Speaking approvingly to Penre, Nehor says, "I have every faith you will see her back into good health."

Speaking to you, Raelee says, "No."

Ceciliah slowly says, "So something is happening now that someone wants to stop."

Ordim squints at Faerinn.

Faerinn asks, "And now they're cleaning house?"

Speaking seriously to Penre, you say, "Make sure she knows that the DEFENDERS found the cure."

Naamit grins mischievously at Faerinn.

Penre nods once at Nehor.

Ceciliah glances around the room.

Speaking to Faerinn, Ordim reminds, "It was the Iyo's first."

Ordim scowls.

Talinvor laughs at you!

Steenk asks, "That makes no sense.   Are you a wizard?"

Khobra smirks at you!

Speaking to Raelee, Xanthium asks, "Do they always operate on these understandings?  Can't we just pay them?"

Ceciliah glances at Greth.

Talinvor asks, "What cure?"

Speaking to Penre, Nehor informs, "If you need something, anything, the Flock shall ensure you get the resources you need."

Steenk peers quizzically at Raelee.

Faerinn nods at Ordim.

Speaking quietly to Nehor, Penre asks, "Can you assure me you and yours are not to blame?"

Juspera can offer Akenna only a blank expression.

Akenna examines Juspera closely, sizing her up and taking note of all the details.

Talinvor nods at Nehor.

You fold your arms over your chest.

Speaking to Xanthium, Raelee says, "You can try."

(Aleid opens her mouth as if to speak, glancing momentarily at Steenk before shutting her mouth again.)

Speaking to Steenk, Raelee says, "Yes."

Speaking to Penre, Nehor vows, "That I can promise you. The Flock has no wish to harm mistress Selbi. We would do nothing to jeapordize her health. In fact, she recently appointed us into positions of leadership."

Steenk says, "In that case, it makes sense."

(Juspera pulls aside her cloak and shows her neck to Akenna.)

Penre regards Nehor for a long, deliberate moment, then nods slowly.

Steenk pauses in an observational trance.

Naamit groans at Nehor.

Talinvor renews his songs.

You scowl at Nehor.

Naamit surreptitiously glances at Steenk.

Ordim giggles.

Ordim nods in agreement at Aleid.

Speaking to Penre, Faerinn says, "Seems they are just as confused by what transpired."

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Raelee.

Aleid shrugs at Ordim.

Nehor assures, "So changes are coming. This will be stopped...these vicious attacks. Soon the people of the Isle will be safe, once more."

(Akenna leans in and examines Juspera's neck.)

Speaking patiently to Penre, you say, "Just remember your own past, Penre. I won't make any decisions for you."

Ordim whispers something to Aleid.

Speaking to Raelee, Xanthium says, "You make perfect sense to me.  I think sometimes people just don't like your answers."

Ordim frets.

Speaking to Penre, Faerinn says, "Besides hell darts would be a new trick."

Speaking to Xanthium, Raelee says, "Perhaps so."

Speaking to Penre, you say, "Just... remember... who has protected you and always been there for you."

You nod once.

Speaking cheerfully to Nehor, Mellny reminds, "The good people."

Xanthium smiles at Faerinn.

Ordim whispers something to Aleid.

Penre nods appreciatively to you.

Juspera is admiring Raelee.

Ordim nods in agreement at Aleid.

Nehor nods at Mellny.

Speaking to Mellny, Nehor says, "Indeed. The *right* people."

Xilona casually observes her surroundings.

Speaking quietly to you, Penre says, "I just want the pain to stop.  There's too much, and it's all so senseless."

Penre shrugs.

Faerinn sighs.

Talinvor says, "Let us not force Penre into having loyalties, Darcena. He is here to help the people, regardless. Leave him to do just that."

Speaking quietly to you, Penre says, "I help where I can.  Same as you did for me."

Sarmoya nods grimly at Penre.

Mellny casts a bemused glance at Nehor.

The red and grey fox sniffs at the air.

Naamit says, "Well, sense is something certainly lacking."

Speaking slowly to Penre, you state, "Pain is a part of life, but balance must be restored."

Naamit places her hand on her asymmetric girdle.
Naamit shifts her weight.

(Juspera begins to unbutton her shirt for Akenna, but then takes a glance around the room and stops.)

Juspera bites her lip.

Nehor raises an eyebrow in Juspera's direction.

Xilona begins to flirt with Juspera.

Speaking dryly to Juspera, Nehor says, "Perhaps not the time."

Xilona smirks.

Xanthium asks, "It's unwise to promise safety, don't you think?"

Xanthium glances at Nehor.

Ordim looks over at Aleid and shakes his head.

Ordim nervously giggles.

Speaking defensively to Nehor, Juspera says, "She thought maybe I'd been hit by a dart."

Aleid shrugs.

Akenna says, "She doesn't feel well."

Tatria takes a drink from her cup of water.

Speaking casually to Ordim, Mellny inquires, "Got any muffins?"

Naamit whispers something to Xanthium.

Juspera nods vigorously at Nehor!

Penre quietly says, "In any case... thank you for the water, and the information.  Mistress Selbi is slowly stirring, and I want to be there when she awakes.  If she is well enough, she may wish to speak to you all."

Ordim whispers something to Aleid.

Ordim giggles.

Akenna says, "I wonder if maybe it grazed her."

Speaking to Penre, you ask, "Did you notice anything else about Selbi's condition that would help us learn something about the assassin?"

Ordim nods in agreement at Mellny.

Talinvor nods at Penre.

Ordim removes a cast iron muffin tin from in his dark grey satchel.

Penre looks thoughtfully at you.

Ordim removes a warm blueberry muffin from in his muffin tin.

Speaking to Xanthium, Nehor says, "Unwise? I disagree. Those who wish for safety should have assurances. It shall take time, but it shall be achieved."

Ordim offers Mellny a warm blueberry muffin.

Faerinn says, "As far as well know the dart managed to hit Selbi."

Ordim beams!

Xilona nods at Penre.

Ordim put a cast iron muffin tin in his dark grey satchel.

Mellny accepts Ordim's blueberry muffin.

Speaking quietly to you, Penre says, "Nothing that I noted, I'm sorry."

Mellny hums happily to herself.

You add, "Hear anything? See anything?"

Speaking to Mellny, Ordim warns, "Make sure you remember you ate it!"

Ordim giggles.

Dhairn quietly says, "Selbi knows something."

Xilona agrees with Dhairn.

Khobra glances at Dhairn.

You nod slowly.

Speaking to Ordim, Mellny offers, "I be testin' yer muffin' theory."

Mellny takes a bite of her blueberry muffin.

Xanthium shrugs at Naamit.

Speaking gently to Penre, you say, "Thank you."

Ordim nods in agreement at Mellny.

Dhairn quietly says, "If she begins to act as though she wants to speak with us, you let her know to come prepared."

Ordim examines Mellny closely, sizing her up and taking note of all the details.

Xilona says, "I want to know about her obligations."

Penre quietly says, "I will send her out if she is well enough."

Dhairn nods at Penre.

Naamit chortles softly at some secret joke.

Penre wanders off.

Mellny takes a bite of her blueberry muffin.

Juspera nods slowly at Akenna.

Ordim raises an eyebrow in Mellny's direction.

Greth Talks More

You ask, "Why would the assassin do something nonlethal to Selbi?"

Greth sighs.

You ask, "That we could quickly ascertain the cure for?"

Speaking cheerfully to Ordim, Mellny says, "So far, I remembers eatin' da muffin."

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Juspera looks thoughtfully at you.

Speaking to you, Naamit says, "A warning."

Greth asks, "Maybe it was a warning?"

Ordim turns to Mellny and cheers!

Dhairn winks at Lynaera.

Akenna says, "Maybe it is a warning."

The red and grey fox raises his ears, glancing around the room.

Mellny takes a bite of her blueberry muffin.

Speaking to you, Tatria says, "Message."

Akenna nods at Naamit.

Speaking to you, Faerinn says, "To send a message."

Ordim rubs his chin thoughtfully.

You ask, "Is the assassin trying to pin it on the Iyo?"

Speaking to Nehor, Xanthium says, "Assurances and protection can often prove a poor-tempered duet."

Khobra agrees with Greth.

Ordim looks over at Aleid and shakes his head.

Khobra casually observes her surroundings.

Juspera quickly says, "It is."

Speaking to you, Sarmoya says, "The debt was not her life."

Ordim giggles.

Faerinn says, "Can't collect debts from a corpse."

Juspera says, "It's a warning. It's a warning."

Aleid giggles at Ordim.

Xanthium nods at Juspera.

Greth asks, "Someone tell me what the Iyo had to do with this?"

Juspera says, "We should leave Mist Harbor."

Faerinn says, "I mean my profession can, but usually not."

You nod slowly at Sarmoya.

Speaking to you, Raelee says, "Perhaps 'assasin' is not an accurate term in this case."

Xanthium looks thoughtfully at Faerinn.

Dhairn quietly says, "There are far more lethal concoctions that could've been used than one dissolved in water."

Speaking to Greth, you say, "The alchemist said that the poison was used in the past by the Iyo."

Akenna says, "Maybe a messenger."

Speaking to Xanthium, Nehor says, "Perhaps in the past, due to lack of leadership. I do not blame you for only knowing the failure of those who have been tasked to lead."

Dhairn quietly says, "It was a warning."

Wodsong nods at Raelee.

Speaking to Greth, you say, "And that Socius had to stop them."

Greth squints.

Speaking to Raelee, Ordim inquires, "Magstir Rally, what was that bubble called that we were in that we had to drag you away from the old man you fell in love with? Was that a time bubble?"

Speaking to Juspera, Mellny whines, "But it be snowin' back in Mule."

Speaking to Greth, Sarmoya says, "The alchemist said the poison was used by them."

Speaking to Greth, Tatria says, "Poison on dart like poison Iyo used before."

The red and grey fox rolls around on the ground for a moment.

Akenna says, "If we can do this... we could do more."

You ponder the meaning of Raelee's existence.

Raelee stares at Ordim.

Faerinn asks, "By why send that the same warning to Greth?"

Akenna shrugs.

Speaking slowly to Raelee, you say, "Good point."

Ordim cocks his head.

Mellny gobbles down her blueberry muffin in one enormous bite.

Speaking to Raelee, Aleid says, "I had nothing to do with that question."

Speaking brusquely to Ordim, Raelee says, "That is not what happened."

Aleid shakes her head.

Greth slowly muses, "So... Socius was familiar with this?  An' the attack happened right in front of him?"

Speaking to Raelee, Ordim reminds, "With the crystal woman!"

Talinvor glances between Raelee and Ordim.

Ordim nods enthusiastically at Raelee!

Speaking abruptly to Greth, you ask, "Do you have any history with the Iyo?"

Speaking to Nehor, Xanthium says, "I'm just getting to know all you people.  With a few exceptions.  But you seem to be making promises."

Nehor nods to Greth.

Speaking to Faerinn, Akenna asks, "Greth is a bit of a pillar, wouldn't you say?"

Xanthium smiles at Nehor.

Speaking to Greth, you ask, "What do you have in common with Selbi?"

Speaking to Ordim, Mellny says, "Me thanks.  I remembers it and it were good."

Juspera fidgets.

Ordim beams happily at Mellny!

You nod to Greth.

Speaking to Greth, Nehor says, "In fact, the attack happened where Socius led her. And while he may or may not have planned it...he definitely did nothing to *stop* it."

Speaking to Greth, Lynaera offers, "Perhaps he ran off to confront the Iyo."

Akenna says, "If you knock the pillar out from under a roof... holes happen."

Speaking to Greth, Sarmoya says, "Correct."

Speaking slowly to Greth, you say, "And he didn't say anything at all about it."

Greth says, "With Selbi?  Almost nothin'!  She's smart 'n small.  I'm... well... not."

Ordim nods in agreement at Aleid.

Greth shrugs.

Speaking quietly to Greth, Dhairn says, "Selbi asked you to do something."

Juspera frowns at Greth.

Wodsong glances at Nehor.

Speaking to Ordim, Raelee says, "And it was not a time bubble.  It was an alternate plane in which time moved at a faster rate than it does on our plane."

Speaking quietly to Greth, Dhairn asks, "What was it?"

Speaking to Nehor, Xilona says, "He couldn't have stopped it, you twit."

The red and grey fox roots around the room.

Mellny gawks at Raelee.

Speaking to Aleid, Ordim exclaims, "Thats what it was!"

Speaking to Akenna, Faerinn asks, "Yeah, but what would be the point. Make an example? Show us whoever this is can touch us in a sanctuary?"

Ordim beams!

Nehor scoffs at Xilona.

Juspera stares at Xanthium.

Wodsong exclaims, "If it could be stopped, you should have jumped in!"

Speaking sincerely to Raelee, Ordim exclaims, "Thanks!"

Wodsong ponders.

Speaking to Greth, Akenna says, "Being smart doesn't mean that you are or aren't important.  You help this community."

Khobra glances between Dhairn and Greth.

Ordim nods appreciatively at Raelee.

Akenna shrugs at Greth.

Naamit begins chuckling at Wodsong!

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "What?  I said I'd tell you."

Speaking to Aleid, Ordim says, "It was an alternative plate with different food on it."

Raelee squints at Ordim.

Ordim nods once.

Juspera's cheeks take on a slightly flushed tone.

You ponder.

Speaking to Ordim, Aleid says, "See. Time."

Naamit nods approvingly at Wodsong.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "Now I have.  Promise kept."

Speaking to Greth, Akenna says, "Hurting you would hurt the harbor."

Greth says, "I do what I can, same as most everyone else."

Ordim waves his hand in a dismissive gesture.

Speaking to Xanthium, Juspera says, "You asked. Asking is not telling."

Greth shrugs uncomfortably.

Ordim offers, "Time is confusing."

Speaking sorrowfully to Wodsong, Nehor says, "Alas, I was not there quite in time. Also I has busy protecting the lady from Socius and his rage. I did not see the attacker until the deed was done."

Ordim furrows his brow.

Akenna smiles at Greth.

Aleid nods in agreement at Ordim.

You quietly whisper to Xanthium.

Ceciliah smiles at Ordim.

Xanthium glances at a pewter stein.

Speaking admiringly to Greth, Mellny says, "Yer so fast, da way ya dodged dat dart."

Mellny nods vigorously to Greth!

Speaking to Nehor, Naamit says, "Alas."

Speaking to Greth, you ask, "Is Socius coming back or not?"

Nehor stresses, "It is why we need better trained guards...ones more loyal and alert."

You scowl.

Dhairn quietly asks, "Selbi was attacked for not living up to her side of an arrangement. Then you were likewise attacked. This insinuates you were involved in that failure. What did Selbi request of you, Greth?"

Greth chuckles uncomfortably.

You focus on projecting your thoughts...
You [Local]: "Socius! Where are you!"
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

You focus on projecting your thoughts...
You [Local]: "I have questions for you!"
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Xanthium whispers something to you.

Greth says, "Jus' got lucky."

Juspera glances dubiously at Greth.

Ordim [Local]: "Did you check the BUTCHERS shop?"

You laugh out loud!

Rinori just arrived.

Speaking to Xanthium, you say, "That surprised me."

You chortle.

Xanthium whispers to you.

Akenna says, "Maybe it is what he requested of her."

(Juspera gets up and sits down on another barstool further from Greth.)

Speaking to Greth, Lynaera says, "No luck. Yours was a skillful dodge."

Greth says, "Selbi ain't asked nothin' of me but better booze."

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

Nehor announces, "One of the first things we shall implement, as new leaders of the Harbor. The Flock shall protect its own...and that now includes this town. So we shall be bringing in competent defenders."

Nehor nods firmly.

Speaking to Greth, Akenna says, "Selbi helped you make this a safe place."

Speaking blithely to Greth, Mellny says, "Da only way you coulda been faster were if'n you knew it were coming."

Faerinn says, "Throwers can usually make a dart hit without getting spotted. Its when the attacker escaped that I spotted her."

Speaking to you, Xanthium says, "Oldest in the books, I believe it's been said."

Mellny nods eagerly to Greth.

Speaking to Greth, Tatria asks, "You talk with Iyo?"

You hunch your shoulders and snarl menacingly at Nehor!

Speaking to Nehor, Wodsong asks, "Are you not a competent defender?"

Speaking stiffly to Nehor, you ask, "Who found out about the water?"

Ordim runs his hand briskly along the edge of his talon-toggled coat, the quick movement of his fingers against the multicolored beaks creating an almost musical ascending scale of rattling noises.

Speaking to Nehor, Naamit says, "Your pontification grows old about an hour ago."

You ask, "And who sat here and twiddled their thumbs?"

Speaking to Nehor, Wodsong exclaims, "You confuse me!"

Speaking to you, Juspera exclaims, "I did not!"

Speaking to Naamit, Ordim reminds, "But time is being messed with."

Ordim nods once.

Juspera exclaims, "I was sick!"

Speaking to Ordim, Naamit corrects, "Eight months ago."

You give a sidelong glance at Juspera.

Ordim ponders.

You quietly whisper to Juspera, "I have my eyes on you."

(Ordim counts on his fingers and toes.)

You narrow your eyes.

Ordim furrows his brow.

Ordim scowls.

Speaking to Wodsong, Nehor informs, "I am a leader, not a soldier. The best leader surrounds himself with those more comptetent than he, rather than trying to go it alone as Socius did. Do not fear, you will see soon enough."

Nehor smiles.

Speaking to Nehor, Akenna says, "Don't worry, I'll not be helping you, I quit."

Juspera sits there stubbornly, folding her arms over her chest.

Ordim mutters something about time.

Speaking to Ordim, Ceciliah asks, "Do you think it's going forwards or backwards or sideways?"

Xilona takes a drink from her whiskey-spiked coffee.

Xanthium looks thoughtfully at Nehor.

Nehor sneers at Akenna.

Speaking to Ceciliah, Ordim confirms, "Maybe."

Ordim nods.

Steenk put a wineskin of aged cactus juice in his climbing pack.

Naamit renews her songs.

Ceciliah chuckles.

Dhairn quietly says, "Do you have dealings with the Iyo for ingredients maybe? You were protecting Selbi, but that wouldn't paint you a target since they obviously didn't want her dead."

Naamit quickly turns on the heel of one of her spike-heeled shoes.

Steenk twiddles his thumbs.

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

(Naamit strides toward the door.)

You pace back and forth.

Speaking to Ordim, Ceciliah asks, "Is it true you are in contact with this Iyo?"

Speaking to Naamit, you say, "Wait."

Tatria takes a drink from her cup of water.

Speaking to Naamit, you ask, "Where are you going?"

Ordim nods in agreement at Ceciliah.

Speaking to Nehor, Wodsong says, "Must be giantmen you're bringing."

Wodsong nods at Nehor.

Ordim runs his hand briskly along the edge of his talon-toggled coat, the quick movement of his fingers against the multicolored beaks creating an almost musical ascending scale of rattling noises.

Tatria peers quizzically at Naamit.

Speaking to you, Naamit says, "I am about finished with this."

You feel a sensation of mirth... but it's more the memory of the sensation.  You feel displaced momentarily, as if you were somehow standing in a different place, atop a high cliff, but then the sensation fades with the faintest echo of a remembered giggle.

Speaking to Ceciliah, Faerinn says, "These Iyo."

You blink.

Ordim offers, "I'm well respected amongst the Iyo."

You say, "A high cliff..."

Ordim nods approvingly.

Ordim adopts an agreeable expression.

You say, "I just had this weird feeling."

You shudder.

Juspera glances at you.

The red and grey fox raises his ears, glancing around the room.

Ceciliah says, "Perhaps simply asking them  would help."

Juspera exclaims, "Oh!"

Xanthium stares at you.

Juspera exclaims, "Oh! Oh!"

Juspera stands up.

Ordim shrugs at Talinvor.

Naamit curls one side of her lips up into a furtive, playful smirk.

You say, "A high... A high cliff."

Speaking smoothly to Wodsong, Nehor says, "The Flock accepts all races."

Juspera exclaims, "I had that feeling!"

Speaking to you, Xanthium asks, "What did you see?"

Speaking to you, Faerinn says, "Welcome to the club."

Aleid folds her arms over her chest.

You say, "She's laughing."

Speaking to you, Juspera exclaims, "And then I got really sick!"

Ordim nervously giggles.

You ask, "Where is this cliff?"

Xanthium smiles at Faerinn.

Juspera blinks at you.

Akenna shifts her weight.

Talinvor nods at Ordim.

Mellny mutters, "Iyo respect, Iyo respects, these Iyo, those Iyo, one Iyo, two Iyo.  Two Iyos?"

Tatria peers quizzically at you.

You ask, "Did anyone recognize it?"

Selbi Seems Okay, Though Weak

Selbi wanders in.

Juspera shifts her weight.

Mellny furrows her brow.

You turn to face Selbi.

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Mellny.

Ordim fidgets.

Khobra glances at Selbi.

Speaking to Ordim, Ceciliah says, "They may have shared secrets of their darts with someone."

Talinvor nods respectfully at Selbi.

Speaking to Selbi, Xanthium says, "You're awake."

Selbi shudders, looking exceptionally pale.

Juspera takes a few steps back.

Juspera sits down next to a wide-mouthed mahogany barrel.

Ordim looks over at Ceciliah and shakes his head.

Speaking to you, Lynaera murmurs, "I saw or felt nothing."

Speaking to Selbi, Sarmoya asks, "Are you well, Administrator Selbi?"

Speaking to you, Naamit whispers aloud, "Saewhenna jungle, possibly. Or the passage near the Forbidden Hills."

Ceciliah blinks.

Speaking to Ceciliah, Ordim says, "They don't use magic like that."

Ordim nervously giggles.

Xilona takes a moment to observe Selbi.

You nod slowly at Naamit.

Ceciliah laughs!

Wolfloner checks his equipment, adjusting and rearranging his gear.

Faerinn says, "If I heard her voice again. I could probably recognize it."

Ceciliah says, "Mirth and a cliff."

Speaking quietly to Mellny, Dhairn says, "I like you."

You quietly whisper to Naamit.

Ceciliah smiles.

Faerinn offers Selbi a glass of icy cold spring water.

Ceciliah says, "I felt it."

Akenna whispers, "Was there fruit?  Durian?"

Speaking quietly to Mellny, Dhairn says, "You remind me of Zicune."

You quietly whisper to Akenna.

Selbi quietly says, "I'm well enough.  You're all making enough noise to wake the dead, and I was merely napping."

Faerinn says, "Gotta hydrate."

Ceciliah curiously asks, "Was that just me?"

Selbi accepts Faerinn's icy cold spring water.

You snort derisively at Selbi!

Selbi sniffs at her icy cold spring water.

The red and grey fox roots around the room.

Wodsong heavily pounds one of his fists into the other, producing a loud clap.

Faerinn says, "Not from this store."

Juspera shifts her weight.

Speaking to Selbi, Akenna asks, "Feeling well?"

Speaking squeakily to Faerinn, Selbi muses, "Maybe you're only half useless."

Speaking modestly to Dhairn, Mellny says, "So does me Auntie Berthina.  But she kinda has to."

Speaking to Selbi, Xanthium says, "Waking the dead is just a matter of lore, these days."

Xilona squints at Selbi.

Ceciliah says, "Displaced, mirth."

Selbi takes a drink from her icy cold spring water.

Speaking to Selbi, Xanthium says, "I'm glad to see you improved."

Akenna gestures crisply and utters a practiced phrase as raw elemental energies issue forth from her dimly glowing eyes.

Akenna gestures.

Raelee takes a moment to observe Selbi.

You fold your arms over your chest.

Speaking to Faerinn, Nehor whispers aloud, "Shes giving compliments. Obviously still delerious from the poison."

Selbi dryly mutters, "Did wonders for my mood, I assure you."

Speaking shortly to Selbi, you say, "You're welcome."

Faerinn cringes.

Speaking to Selbi, Ordim suggests, "Vaalorian elves, hired by the chronomages, are attacking the island!"

Ordim flails his arms comically in the air in frustration while crumbs tumble off his clothing.

You scowl at Ordim.

Ceciliah smirks at Ordim.

Xilona rolls her eyes.

Rinori cocks her head at Ordim.

You see a lump moving about just under Raelee's skin!

Nehor nods at Lynaera.

Mellny stares at Raelee.

Speaking to Faerinn, Xanthium asks, "No one ever asks what the other half is, do they?"

Ordim nods in agreement at Talinvor.

Mellny gulps.

Speaking to Selbi, Akenna says, "If the Flock are the new defenders of this place, miss Selbi, I'm tendering my resignation from the militia."

Nehor nods at Talinvor.

Xanthium leans back.

Selbi squeakily says, "Look... that idiot in there says I need to lay down, and I've felt better."

(Ceciliah recoils from Raelee.)

Tatria peers quizzically at Raelee.

You nod slowly at Akenna.

Ceciliah mutters gross.

Raelee closes her eyes for a moment.

Speaking quietly to himself, Talinvor says, "No loss there."

Speaking to Selbi, you say, "Glad you're up. Now rescind your suggestion that the Flock leads this town."

Akenna offers Selbi a brass Mist Harbor militia badge.

You fold your arms over your chest.

Selbi squeakily says, "The birdbrains are NOT the new defenders of this Isle.  Like I was tryin' to say."

Xanthium surreptitiously glances at Raelee.

Selbi glances at Akenna.

Speaking quietly to Selbi, Dhairn says, "We were hoping you would be prudent enough to protect yourself a little more by answering a few queries."

Juspera blinks at Selbi.

Ceciliah peers quizzically at Selbi.

Nehor raises an eyebrow.

You tap a brass Mist Harbor militia badge that you are wearing.

You nod at Akenna.

Xilona flashes a quick grin.

Speaking squeakily to Akenna, Selbi says, "Don't get your undergarments in a twist.  Hear me out."

Talinvor smirks.

Naamit places her hand on her asymmetric girdle.
Naamit shifts her weight.

Akenna scowls.

You scowl at Selbi.

Akenna nods at Selbi.

Speaking to Selbi, Akenna says, "I'll hear you out."

Mellny surreptitiously glances at Akenna.

Speaking to Selbi, Xanthium asks, "Sounds like someone from your past dealings has a bone to pick with you.  And Greth?"

Ceciliah smiles quietly to herself.

Speaking to Naamit, Xilona says, "And you almost left."

Xilona smirks.

Ordim compulsively brushes his hands all over his body, sending a sprinkling of crumbs into the air.

Speaking wryly to Ordim, Talinvor asks, "So quick to anger, hm?"

Selbi squeakily says, "I'm no idiot, unlike most of you apparently.  The birdbrains are going to recommend things to me, and I'll see what they have to say.  The final call will be mine."

Selbi glances at Nehor.

Speaking to Xilona, Naamit says, "Perhaps I should have."

You stare at Selbi.

Speaking squeakily to Nehor, Selbi asks, "That clear?"

Ordim nods in agreement at Talinvor.

Juspera stares at Xanthium.

Nehor nods slowly.

Speaking slowly to Selbi, you ask, "And you will also listen to the Defenders with equal weight, yes?"

Speaking smoothly to Selbi, Nehor says, "As crystal."

Tatria quietly says, "Seems fair."

Ceciliah folds her hands.

You raise an eyebrow, your bone chelioboros only enhancing your skeptical look.

Xanthium spends some time haggling with Greth Rottgut.

Xanthium sniffs at her yabalithium melomel.

Speaking squeakily to you, Selbi says, "I will.  The decisions are mine, though.  I want that clear."

You nod slowly at Selbi.

Talinvor mutters something about rabble.

Selbi sways slightly on her feet.

Ordim glances nervously at Selbi.

Nehor notes, "And our first recommendation is a better set of guards. Attacks like such that just occured cannot be allowed to continue."

Wodsong removes a decaying rat from in his basalt case.

Akenna touches Selbi.

As Wodsong touches a decaying rat, it appears to twitch a bit before it becomes obvious that Wodsong is simply making it into some sort of macabre hand puppet.

You furrow your brow, probably adding a wrinkle or two in the process.

Speaking to Selbi, Naamit says, "You look horrible. Sit down already."

Selbi squeakily says, "Now... I need rest, it would appear."

Aleid whispers something to Ordim.

Dhairn quietly says, "Only a fool of a leader doesn't open an ear to the wind."

Speaking slowly to Nehor, you say, "I cannot argue with that."

Speaking to Selbi, Xilona says, "You should go rest, Miss."

Faerinn mutters, "Attacker seemed to be a native to the island. Slender build, probably female from the voice. Has chronomage connections. Maybe Iyo connections."

Aleid rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Nehor nods to you.

Speaking to Selbi, Sarmoya says, "Yes, rest would be good for you."

Speaking quickly to Nehor, you say, "Although you should not be in charge of hiring them."

Ordim looks thoughtfully at Aleid.

Ordim nods approvingly at Aleid.

Aleid beams happily at Ordim!

Selbi squeakily says, "You ramble and insinuate and lie and do whatever else it is you do for amusement.  I'll expect a list of recommendations from the birdbrains in three days' time."

(Xanthium spins about on her stool and snickers over at Juspera.)

Selbi glares at Nehor.

You nod slowly at Faerinn.

Speaking to Ordim, Aleid says, "I shall endeavor to do so."

Speaking to herself, Xanthium says, "So I am."

Speaking squeakily to Nehor, Selbi asks, "You can count that high?"

You scowl at Selbi.

Ordim turns to Aleid and cheers!

Xanthium takes a drink from her yabalithium melomel.

Talinvor smirks.

Nehor repeats, "Three days. Indeed."

Speaking to Selbi, you repeat, "Not just the birdbrains."

Selbi snorts!

Speaking to Faerinn, Ceciliah asks, "Louder. That's actually the meat of the situation. Not the power stuggle, yes?"

Ceciliah grins at Faerinn.

Ceciliah glances at Selbi.

Speaking cheekily to you, Mellny whispers aloud, "Mebbe instead of wonderin' why someone darted dat one, we should wonder why it didn't happen sooner."

You nod slowly at Mellny.

Juspera grins at Mellny.

Speaking squeakily to you, Selbi mutters, "Sure, sure.  Your lot, too."

Juspera clasps her hand over her mouth.

Faerinn nods at Ceciliah.

Darcena smiles thinly.

Wodsong holds a decaying rat up to his ear.

Nehor magnanimously says, "In the interest of cooperation, if any have competent suggestions they will be heard. The Flock is nothing if not inclusive."

Dhairn quietly says, "Hm."

Nehor smirks.

Wodsong nods.

You slowly drum your fingers on your slate battle harness, narrowing your eyes.

You nod slowly at Naamit. (Reacting to a removed whisper.)

Naamit folds her arms over her chest.

Selbi squeakily says, "Have the best day you can with the three brains you share among the lot of ya."

Speaking to Ceciliah, Faerinn yells, "Attacker seemed to be a native to the island. Slender build, probably female from the voice. Has chronomage connections. Maybe Iyo connections."

Ordim blinks.

Selbi raises a hand weakly in farewell.

Juspera says, "I'm sure Magister Raelee will know what to do."

Speaking to Ceciliah, Faerinn asks, "Better?"

Talinvor squints.

Selbi wanders off.

You exclaim, "Selbi!"

Mellny happily exclaims, "THREE!"

You say, "Drat it all."

Ceciliah agrees with Faerinn.

You say, "She told us NOTHING new."

You scowl.

Ordim furrows his brow.

You focus on projecting your thoughts...
You [Local]: "SOCIUS!"
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Aleid muses, "I thought we had four brains."

Ordim looks thoughtfully at you.

Speaking to Juspera, Raelee says, "Unfortunately, Juspera, I am rather lacking in context."

Dhairn quietly says, "You didn't ask."

Speaking to Faerinn, Ceciliah says, "Perfect. I hope the right brain heard that."

Xanthium looks thoughtfully at Nehor.

Ceciliah chuckles.

Speaking to you, Nehor says, "I am unsure what you expected her to know, having just been poisoned."

Mellny skips in a circle around Aleid.

Speaking to you, Tatria says, "Still sick."

Greth sighs.

Xanthium takes a drink from her yabalithium melomel.

Aleid turns around.

Speaking to you, Xilona asks, "She has been through alot today, perhaps another time?"

Faerinn takes a bite of his peeled starfruit.

Speaking to you, Ordim says, "I've seen priests call out to their fake arkati less than you call out to that butcher."

Ordim scowls.

Speaking wryly to you, Talinvor says, "She had to settle your drawers from getting in a knot, afterall."

Greth mutters, "I need a drink."

You nod slowly at Akenna. (Reacting to a removed whisper.)

Speaking reassuringly to Raelee, Juspera says, "But you're smart so you'll figure it out."

Dhairn removes a smooth single malt scotch from in his ebon leather duster.

Xilona agrees with Greth.

Rinori nods once to Greth.

Juspera gazes watchfully at Greth.

Visiting the Cliffs

You abruptly say, "Akenna knows about a cliff."

Greth moves out of Dhairn's way and glances at him.

Khobra agrees with Greth.

Dhairn taps a smooth single malt scotch, which is in his right hand.

You say, "If Socius isn't going to be here and Selbi is going to sleep..."

Xilona spends some time haggling with Greth Rottgut.

Akenna says, "I know about a cliff."

You say, "I want to go to that cliff."

Mellny corrects, "I t'ink it were HER underpants."

The red and grey fox sniffs at the air.

Mellny points at Akenna.

Juspera says, "Um."

Naamit says, "I can lead you there."

Akenna says, "I don't know if it is THE cliff."

Speaking to Raelee, Xanthium says, "She has a point.  You were the one to recognize at least a hint about the magic device."

Lynaera turns an inquisitive ear toward Akenna.

The red and grey fox raises his ears, glancing around the room.

Juspera says, "I don't think we should go to the cliff."

Akenna says, "Or let Naamit."

Juspera stands up.

Naamit shrugs at Akenna.

Speaking to Ordim, you snarl, "You should be happy. I am not pleased with him at all."

Akenna says, "That's fine."

Naamit says, "Either works."

Lifting first one foot and then another, Juspera slowly backpedals.

Raelee nods at Xanthium.

Faerinn says, "I think this cliff is metaphorical."

Ordim giggles.

Akenna says, "No, no, do go ahead."

Xilona shudders.

Faerinn says, "Like a sickening feeling in the stomach."

The red and grey fox stands up and shakes out his bushy tail.

Juspera nods slowly at Faerinn.

You ask, "If he has seen that poison used before, WHY didn't he suggest water?"

Akenna shrugs at you.

You fold your arms over your chest.

Rinori just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

Speaking to Xanthium, Raelee states, "I was."

A faint crimson light suffuses the area for a moment, and you feel your insides curl reflexively as you fight off the sensation of... displacement.  The light, and the sensation, fade as quickly as they arrived.

Speaking to Greth, Xilona says, "Please be safe Greth. Keep your eyes and ears open as always."

Juspera fidgets.

Speaking to you, Faerinn asks, "What water was the prognosis for it?"

Xanthium says, "Sometimes hasty people don't bother to find out how to get out of..."

You furrow up your face and wince.

Juspera says, "Ugh."

Talinvor renews his songs.

Xanthium closes her eyes for a moment.

Talinvor winces.

Akenna says, "Oh my."

Lynaera begins to twitch.

Ordim blinks.

Faerinn says, "And its back."

Juspera says, "I hate that feeling."

Naamit twists her head slightly, cracking her neck.  She looks relieved.

Tatria groans.

Aleid wobbles, looking a bit faint.

You slowly say, "I don't like that."

Faerinn's face turns slightly pale.

Xilona cringes.

Speaking to Akenna, you say, "Take us to the cliff."

Khobra rubs her yellow-green eyes.

Juspera whines.

Xanthium looks over at you and shakes her head.

Akenna's group just went through a set of swinging oak doors.

(Editor's note: we went to a bunch of cliffs and had lots of RP. While we were at one, the following occurred.)

[Saewehna Jungle, Coastal Cliff]
The view of the mountain rising in the north dominates here as the jungle terrain thins to the edge of the coastal cliffs.  A breathtaking view of the ocean below is limited to the southern expanse of the beach as the prominent curve of the northwest coastline hinders further sight.  The salty scent of ocean breeze permeates the cliff, and the wind dances over the few defiant trees and patches of grass growing within the rock-laden soil.  You also see a drab russet brown iguana and a gold-breasted bright green bee-eater.
Also here: Mistress Khobra, High Lord Sarmoya, Juspera, Dhairn, Akenna, Xanthium, Ceciliah, Tatria, Wodsong, Madalayne, Magister Raelee, Defender of Mist Harbor Naamit
Obvious paths: southwest

(Darcena takes a deep breath, closes her eyes, and waits.)

Juspera gazes with dread at her surroundings.

Xanthium leans forward.

You doubtfully murmur, "I don't feel anything."

Speaking quietly to Juspera, Dhairn says, "I've gotcha, Jespera."

Juspera glances uneasily at Dhairn.

Dhairn quietly says, "You'll be alright."

You blink.

Dhairn nods at Juspera.

Akenna sniffs.

You ask, "Anyone?"

You get the slightest scent of citrus, but it feels... old.  Like it had once been here, but that a great deal of time had past since then.


You sniff.

Speaking to you, Xanthium says, "Not yet."

Khobra looks over at you and shakes her head.

You exclaim, "Wait!"

Juspera snaps, "Of course I'm all right."

Naamit casts an appraising gaze over her surroundings, seemingly taking in every detail.

Akenna scans the ground and her immediate surroundings.

Juspera seems to be waiting for something.

Tatria peers quizzically at you.

You say, "I just caught something on the breeze."

Naamit sniffs.

You say, "It was a small hint of the citrus... But..."

Naamit says, "All I smell is me."

You say, "It's really old and faded."

Naamit smirks.

Wodsong sniffs.

Sarmoya sniffs.

Tatria sniffs.

You say, "I don't think she is here anymore."

You frown.

Juspera looks thoughtfully at you.

Wodsong says, "Smells like ocean."

Xanthium says, "Interesting."

You don't find anything of interest here.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

Dhairn quietly says, "I'm not sure she ever was."

Xanthium asks, "Are there falls near?"

Dhairn shrugs.

Xanthium asks, "A cataract?"

You ponder the meaning of Xanthium's existence.

Akenna says, "I smell it too."

Juspera searches around for a moment.

Juspera sniffs.

Akenna says, "It is faded."

Xanthium says, "Sometimes they hold tunnels and caverns."

Juspera kneels down.

Wodsong sniffs.

Juspera sniffs.

Akenna says, "Time has passed."

Juspera reaches inside her black cotton shirt and scratches herself under the arm.

Raelee looks momentarily pained as something scuttled up and down her right leg.

Naamit sniffs.

Akenna says, "She was here."

You nod absently at Akenna.

Akenna nods to you.

Xanthium surreptitiously glances at Raelee.

Juspera glances at Akenna.

Ceciliah sniffs.

Akenna shifts her weight.

Naamit's eyes narrow to mere slits as she croons a discordant tune between pursed lips.

You mutter, "My nose does not lie."

Akenna idly scratches herself on the neck.

You fold your arms over your chest.

Ceciliah searches around for a moment.

Juspera scratches herself on the arm.

Akenna sheepishly agrees, "Nor mine."

You ponder.

Juspera asks, "Is it just me or are things biting you guys too?"

You ask, "Why would she have been here?"

Naamit says, "Well. We've found a spot."

Juspera scratches her ear.

The coppery barn owl circles lazily above.

Speaking to Juspera, you say, "Smack harder."

Juspera nods slowly to you.

Speaking helpfully to Juspera, you say, "I can help."

Juspera slaps herself on the forehead.

Raelee remarks, "Time has passed.  If the dart utilized time displacement, you do not actually know *when* it was thrown."

Sarmoya says, "Nothing has bitten me."

Juspera quickly says, "It's okay."

You ponder the meaning of Raelee's existence.

Links of ethereal chain appear and wrap themselves around Naamit's right wrist, clinking noisily as she prepares a spell...
Naamit gestures.
Naamit appears to be keenly aware of her surroundings.

Speaking slowly to Raelee, you say, "Oh."

Speaking to Juspera, Tatria says, "Eat more meat."

Juspera fidgets.

Ceciliah takes a deep breath and closes her eyes for a moment.  A faint aura flickers around her.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "I wouldn't yet."

Speaking curiously to Raelee, you ask, "So it could have been thrown way back when the Iyo were all buzzing around mad?"

Juspera glances between Raelee and yourself.

Speaking to Juspera, Xanthium says, "Your stomach needs time to recover."

Akenna says, "It was a long time."

You mutter, "Still doesn't explain why Socius didn't recognize it."

Speaking to you, Raelee says, "In theory."

Speaking to you, Naamit says, "Who says they aren't still."

Naamit places her hand on her asymmetric girdle.
Naamit shifts her weight.

Juspera nods in agreement at Xanthium.

You ponder the meaning of Naamit's existence.

Tatria agrees with Naamit.

Wodsong asks, "But if the dart was thrown in the past, how did they know where to target in the future?"

You doubtfully say, "Maybe he didn't smell it."

Dhairn seems to be waiting for something.

Wodsong suddenly stumbles for no apparent reason.

Wodsong wrings his hands.

Juspera says, "If everyone would just tell us everything they know, things would be so much easier."

You squint at Wodsong.

Speaking to Wodsong, you say, "That makes my head hurt."

Akenna says, "Maybe he honestly doesn't know?  I mean Selbi is rather old, I'm sure she's got thing she hasn't told her student."

Khobra glances at Juspera.

You shortly say, "I'm not great at this."

You stamp your feet.

You say, "Where's the enemy."

You scowl.

Naamit nods in agreement at Akenna.

Juspera says, "Yes I have no problem fighting a battle."

Juspera says, "But this... waiting around for something terrible to happen..."

(Editor's note: more roleplaying happened, but this was the end of any GM involvement. Defenders and Flock alike discussed tasks on how to follow up on the mysterious events.)

Appearances, Ambients, and Imbibements

Darcena

You see Darcena Wolf-Valslayer the Butcher.
She appears to be a Giantman of the Grot'karesh Clan.
She is taller than average and has a well-toned frame.  She appears to be in the bloom of youth.  She has bright, emerald-flecked argent silver eyes and fair skin.  She has very long, thick raven-hued hair loosely gathered by some blooded rolton wool ribbons haphazardly strung with penguin feathers interspersed with countless gore-smeared braids.  She has a triangular face and a forked scar near her neckline.  Her eyes are framed by thick, naturally clumped eyelashes.
She has several mercurial half-moon rings in the ridges of both her ears, a weathered bone chelioboros inlaid with tiny emerald eyes in her left eyebrow, a silvery stud in the shape of a rolton in her left nostril, a wide tattooed Saramar-enruned armband on her arm, a black Saramar-enruned throat tattoo on her neck, and a tattooed snarled lover's knot composed of five distinctly hued strands on her finger.
Diagonal streaks of kohl black warpaint form a mask across her eyes, the undulating design echoed along her forehead and chin.
She gives off a wild semblance.
She has an old battle scar across her chest.
She is holding some greasy pale red broth in her right hand.
She is wearing a black flyrsilk wolf mask edged in glittering emerald and glaes shards, a wide-cuffed black leather coat with a notched collar and flared hem, an etched militia badge, a small oblong white alyssum, a well-oiled slate battle harness, a back-laced tightly fitted bodice with diaphanous black lace trumpet sleeves, a silver etched rolton-link bracelet, a trio of yellowed bone rings, a coiled copper serpent ring set with minute foxfire green cinderstone eyes, some low-slung moss green leather pants, and a pair of dark grey leather boots.

You take a drink from your pale red broth.

A large-eyed barred owl flexes its talons on your shoulder, ruffling its feathers as it swivels its head about intently.

A large-eyed barred owl shifts and sidles closer to your ear, fluffing the feathers up just under its beak with drowsy contentment.

Dhairn

Dhairn takes a drink from his Blackdew grog.
Dhairn looks rather relaxed.

Faerinn

You see Lord Faerinn Greatsinger the Master Painter.
He appears to be a Half-Elf from Ta'Loenthra.
He is of a towering height.  He appears to be very young.  He has curved, long-lashed sea green eyes and lightly tanned skin.  He has long, curly honey blonde hair flowing in waves beneath an elaborate ebon satyr horn headdress tipped with silver.  He has an angular, blonde stubble-covered face, a thin nose and a line of jagged-edged scars along his jawline.
He has an inked snarling opossum hunched over a bloody scrap of meat on his wrist.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing an ivory velvet bowtie secured with a star-sharped amethyst stud, a full-faced white wolf stole clasped with three golden chains, a white-gold epauletted ebon longcoat with ivory silk lining, an ebony cape, a black-edged brown leather satchel slung over his shoulder, an open-necked black silk shirt with silver diamond-shaped buttons, a dark crimson velvet atanika trimmed with pale ermine, a black bracelet, a pair of hepatic-hued gauntlets, some jet leather pants buttoned in gold down each ankle, and a pair of knit deep purple and alpaca fiber socks under a pair of blush ribbon-laced slippers stacked on lasimor heels.

Faerinn takes a bite of his apple-filled crepe.

Faerinn takes a drink from his black coffee.

Khobra

The black diamond on Khobra's forehead dims, then suddenly brightens in a luminous plume of tiny silver and obsidian-hued sparks that radiate out from her eyes in a feather-like pattern.

The black ora medallion around Khobra's neck is momentarily engulfed in a shroud of darkness!

Khobra takes a drink from her blood red rum.

Khobra rubs her hand against the diamond-scaled snake's scales.  It seems to settle in her hand and hisses contentedly.

A shower of dancing obsidian-hued and silver sparks flare up from Khobra's black diamond.

Khobra's black diamond pulses against her forehead, giving off a faint obsidian-hued glow.

Madalayne

You see Madalayne.
She appears to be a Faendryl Dark Elf.
She is shorter than average.  She appears to be very young.  She has long-lashed violet eyes and dusky skin.  She has waist length, unruly white hair pinned back on one side with some delicate sunny-hearted periwinkle daisies.  She has a dainty face.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing some scarred double leather, a braided silken ribbon choker, a skeletal aspen leaf pin, a little round mirror, an embroidered ebon chainsil backpack, a white-to-grey ombre grey silk robe, some leather goggles smudged with dirt and blood, a monkey-skin hat with two long ear flaps, a crystal amulet, a triangular silver-threaded pouch, some loose silver-threaded pants, and a blackened silver filigree headband.

Mellny

A beady-eyed unkempt seagull flexes its talons on Mellny's shoulder, ruffling its feathers as it scans the area alertly.

The fireleaf seed hanging from Mellny's neck suddenly flares a bright shade of red.

The iridescent ruby corona surrounding Mellny's fireleaf seed rotates around in a circle.

A small iridescent ruby will-o'-wisp wildly flits out from inside Mellny's fireleaf seed, hovering around her empty right hand and retreats back inside the seed.

Ordim

Ordim briefly draws down the edges of his slate grey cowl.
Ordim takes a bite of his pumpkin spice muffin.

Opalina

A flecked pearl white lizard sitting on Opalina's shoulder notices something overhead of great interest, and tries to climb Opalina's face to get at it.  Opalina patiently coaxes the little creature back to her shoulder and pats its head.

A flecked pearl white lizard sitting on Opalina's shoulder nibbles playfully at her cheek.

Penre

You see Penre.
He appears to be a Human.
He is average height.  He appears to be past his prime.  He has cataract-marbled milky white eyes and sallow skin.  He has shoulder length, oily black hair which lies in limp clumps across his features.  He has a non-symmetrical face, a poorly-set broken nose and a heavy scar across his neckline.
He has an inked deep black droplet on his neck.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a badly-faded black leather cloak, a desiccated black rose, a frayed hemp belt, a dilapidated sack, some bedraggled trousers, and a pair of modest-heeled soft suede boots.


Selbi

You see Selbi.
She appears to be a Burghal Gnome.
She is diminutive.  She appears to be mature.  She has bright greenish-grey eyes and golden brown skin.  She has very long, thick brown hair worn in a single braid.  She has a delicate face, an upturned nose and dimpled cheeks.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a nondescript leather pouch, a pair of oiled leather boots, some emerald green trousers, and a russet leather doublet.

Steenk

Steenk takes a drink from his aged cactus juice.


Wodsong

You see Wodsong.
He appears to be a Giantman of the Grot'karesh Clan.
He is tall and has freckled skin.
He has a thick black wool cowl wreathing his shoulders and neck, the hood of which is pulled up around his head and casting shadows upon a glossy black raven mask fashioned of waxed leather that completely obscures his face.
He has a mangled right arm.
His hands are covered in a thin layer of bright red blood.
He is wearing an elk horn headdress, a tiny carved fel otter totem, a crystal amulet, a talon-buttoned longcoat with a mantle of shiny black crow feathers, a quilled deerskin backpack, a reinforced leather breastplate, a dingy gold ring, a bloodstained leather survival kit, an octahedron-shaped case of hollowed-out basalt, a pair of elk hide breeches, and some laced wolfskin boots.

Xanthium

Xanthium takes a drink from her yabalithium melomel.
Xanthium gasps for breath.

Xilona

A bristly black rat on Xilona's shoulder suddenly sits up, scanning the area with a mien of feral regality.

Xilona takes a drink from her glass of whiskey.
Xilona looks rather relaxed.

Xilona takes a drink from her whiskey-spiked coffee.