Tattoos customize character descriptions via stock list tattoos at select festivals or from monks, purchased tattoos at the premium tattoo shop, merchant-altered custom tattoos, or specialty tattoos with added functions or scripts. Stock tattoos can further be enhanced by a monk to create a Mystic Tattoo.
Stock tattoos are available at select festivals or events such as The Albatross or Duskruin Arena. Other locations, such as Dragonfly Inks, sometimes have specific offerings of tattoos as well that may differ from the stock tattoo list.
Specialty tattoos include the following items:
- Wandering tattoo, which can change location on the body, color, and creature type and also has roleplaying verbs,
- Glamour tattoo, which overwrites a character's features with a magical glamour for a set amount of time,
- Gold ring tattoo, which acts as a permanent gold ring,
- Rune tattoo, a scroll tattoo worn on your arm to invoke spells
- Flypaper tattoo, which was released at Rumor Woods at Flypaper Designers and has roleplaying verbs as well as a base, long, and show description.
Mundane tattoos are created by monks from a stock list via the TATTOO verb and can further be enhanced into a Mystic Tattoo.
Tattoos can only be done in the following areas: Head - Covered by helms/hats. Neck - Will always be visible. Back - Covered by armor/shirts, cloaks, backpacks, gambesons. Shoulder - Covered by armor/shirts and cloaks. Chest - Covered by armor/shirts, aprons, gambesons Arm - Covered by arm greaves. Wrist - Will always be visible. Finger - Covered by gloves. Waist - Covered by belts. Thigh - Covered by pants/skirts. Leg - Covered by leg greaves. Foot - Covered by boots and socks. Ear - Will always be visible. Ankle - Covered by socks. Other - Other areas may be possible in certain instances, but they must always be visible. Hence, they will NOT be placed in other, less obvious areas. EX: Face - good Sole of foot - no good