Mana is the raw magical energy found in each of the spheres of magic. It is by tapping into this energy that characters can power their spells, whether they tap into the magic through prayer to a god, focusing their inner will and psyche, or arcane words and gestures that harness the powers of the elements.
Each character has a reserve of mana points, representing how much magic they can cast safely. Casting a spell requires the expenditure of a certain amount of mana points, generally equal to the level of the spell being cast. For example, a level 1 spell would cost the caster 1 MP. Casting without having enough mana will cause the caster to suffer nervous system injuries.
A character's maximum mana point capacity is the sum of their Base Mana and Harness Power Bonus.
Each profession uses one or two statistics to determine its base mana points. The statistic bonuses (including racial modifiers), not the raw values, is used. Bonuses used in the mana formula are based on the character's statistics at Level 0 (shown with the command INFO START) and do not take subsequent growth into account.
For professions with only one mana stat,
|BaseMana = ⌊StatBonus / 2⌋|
For professions with two mana stats,
|BaseMana = ⌊(StatBonus1 + StatBonus2) / 4⌋|
Harness Power Bonus
Training in Harness Power gives 3 MP for every rank up to the character's level, and 1 MP for every rank of Harness Power beyond the character's level.
For example, a level 10 character with 14 ranks in Harness Power would have a bonus of (3 × 10) + 4 = 34 MP.
Mana recovery is 15% of max mana when off node and 25% of max mana when on a node. Mana Control training will increase that total by a fixed value (not percent), regardless of whether or not the character is on a node.
For professions with a single sphere of power: Bonus Mana Recovered = +1 per 10 ranks, rounded down.
For professions with two spheres of power: Bonus Mana Recovered = Evaluate higher of their two respective MC ranks as above. Evaluate lower MC ranks as above, divide by two (round down), and add to first result.
- The spell Manna creates bread that, when eaten, gives a refresh-effect every minute until the character enters combat. This refresh-effect includes a small mana regeneration dependent on the caster's training in the Major Spiritual circle. Manna can also increase maximum mana depending on Spiritual Lore, Blessings, which indirectly increases regeneration.
- The spell Heroism (215) gives a refresh-effect of 1 MP per minute.
- The spell Mana Focus (418) can change a room's nature from non-node to node for the purposes of mana regeneration.
- The Bard song Song of Power (1018) affects the mana regeneration rate of the room in which the singer is stationed.
- minor mana regen potions give +3 MP per pulse
- lesser mana regen potions give +8 MP per pulse
- greater mana regen potions give +13 MP per pulse
- Clerics and Empaths can MEDITATE in order to gain Spirit Points, Mana Points, Health Points, and Stamina at a faster rate. Clerics can also apply the meditative effect to other professions using a chrism gem. For characters with exceptionally poor Discipline and Wisdom, it is possible for meditation to decrease mana regeneration rate.
- Magic Guide on play.net