F2P subscriptions were created in 2015 as an option for new accounts only, with no character transfers allowed. This subscription is highly restricted (see specifics below), with passes around the restrictions available through the SimuCoin Store. None of these items, however, will provide a greater mechanical benefit than what can be obtained by having a standard subscription.
Once an account is upgraded to a monthly paying subscription (standard or premium), it cannot be reverted back.
- The weekly Gift of Lumnis does not occur. It is accessible via a pass.
- Experience absorption is less efficient on a sliding scale. The first 10 levels are unchanged. After level 10, the efficiency of absorption gradually decreases. This can be fully or partially offset with experience passes.
- Experience gained per monster killed is also reduced under same scale.
- No yearly fixskills.
The exact formula of exp loss is not yet known, but so far research tends to favor the formula for on-node exp loss: Exp Loss Per Pulse = (Level - 10) / 1.75 . So for instance, a typical character will see loss per pulse similar to this table...
Level 10 15 20 25 30 Exp Loss Per Pulse On-Node 0 3 6 10 13
This is a severely debilitating loss above level 25ish. Beyond that point levels will take 50+ hours of gametime to achieve.
- One task per hour will be available from the Adventurer's Guild. This can be upgraded to 1 task per 30 minutes with an Adventure Boost.
- Cannot gain Artisan Guild ranks. Will allow access purchases down the line.
- Can gain the first rank of a society and advance to the cusp of the 2nd rank. A society pass is required to gain rank 2 and beyond, as well as use any powers beyond 2nd rank. (Any ranks above 2 earned during Society Pass will remain but unusable after boost expires with no penalties or down ranking will occurring due to lack of attendance to duties. Last gained rank returned on pass renewal.)
- Cannot join a profession guild. Will allow access purchases down the line.
- Cannot join CHEs.
- No direct PvP attacks allowed. Mass Attack spells like Elemental Wave (410) that can hit players as well as creatures have a 30 second cooldown (to prevent careless spamming). If actually used to attack another player, this cooldown increases to 5 minutes (cooldown can be removed with a cooldown remover).
- Spells that significantly impact a room without attacking a player (notably Minor Sanctuary) are restricted from use.
- Attack spells (vs. creatures) are largely unrestricted, aside from the mass attack spell limitations noted above. Sorcerers may cast Focused Implosion.
- All beneficial spells are self-cast only, except for Spirit Warding I (101), Elemental Defense I (401), and Foresight (1204) which may be cast on others up to the 2 hour duration limit. Mass spells Mass Blur (911), Mass Colors (611) , and Mass Elemental Defense (419) will buff yourself but not your party. ARMOR abilities are also self-cast only. A casting pass allows casting on anyone else. If the caster does not have a casting pass, the receiving player can choose to purchase a receiving pass to allow any F2P caster to cast upon them. Only one pass needs to be present.
- All beneficial spell durations cap at 2 hours.
- Permanent/Long-term item boosts have complete/partial restrictions (Enchant Item, Charge Item, Magic Item Creation, Imbue, Resist Nature, Scroll Infusion, Holy Receptacle, Ensorcell, Damage Specializations, etc.).
- Utility spells such as teleportation, locate, and such have a four hour cooldown period between each use. These cooldowns can be removed with a cooldown remover.
- Only access to random attunement, unless a purchase is made to select one.
- Only access to one particular sort of pet for pet spells (Call Familiar, Animal Companion, etc).
- Loresinging is restricted, unless a pass is purchased which allows loresinging on a per item basis.
- Cannot SEND mana. A casting pass purchased by one of the parties will remove this restriction.
Listed above are the general rules for casting, and these are the exceptions found so far...
- Spirit Fog (106) is unrestricted, you may fog up rooms as you wish.
- Stun Relief (108) is unrestricted, you may unstun as many players as you wish.
- Undisease (113) is unrestricted, you may undisease as many players as you wish.
- Unpoison (114) is unrestricted, you may unpoison as many players as you wish.
- Manna (203) is unrestricted, you may create this and give to anyone.
- Light (205) is unrestricted, you may brighten/darken a room as you wish.
- Untrammel (209) is unrestricted, you may unweb as many players as you wish.
- Bless Item (304) is unrestricted, you may bless as many items as you like.
- Preservation (305) is unrestricted, you may lifekeep as many players as you like.
- Holy Receptacle (325) is completely unusable even for yourself.
- Elemental Detection (405) is unrestricted, you may detect spells on players and in items.
- Elemental Blade (411) is unrestricted, you may eblade your weapons and those of others.
- Cry for Help (1116) is unrestricted, you can call for help all you want.
- Herb Production (1118) is unrestricted, you may grow all the herbs you want.
- Troll's Blood (1125) does infact buff your party, and can even be cast over the 2 hour limit.
- Vertigo (1219) does not suffer from the normal AOE limit of 4 hours.
- Consecrate (1604) is unrestricted, you may consecrate all you want.
- Arm of the Arkati (1605) buffs your party.
- Divine Shield (1609) buffs your party.
- Guard the Meek (1613) buffs your party.
- Zealot (1617) buffs your party.
- Crusade (1618) buffs your party.
- The last 10 players healed are kept track of. Each time a new person is healed, the oldest name on the list is bumped off. A single player can only appear 2 times on the list. A healing pass increases this to 4 times.
- An empath must first link (via TOUCH) to their prospective client. This linking process takes 30 seconds (15 with a healing pass). Once established, the link lasts for 3 minutes. All wound transfers done during this link are considered part of a single healing session (one entry on the above list).
- The last 10 players raised are kept track of. Each time a new person is raised, the oldest name on the list is bumped off. A single player can only appear 2 times on the list. A pass removes this restriction.
- A cleric must have a Resurrection Pass active to use a chrism.
- In-bank limits start at 100,000 and can be permanently increased in 100,000 silver increments pretty cheaply.
- 5k in-pocket silver maximum to hunt with (can carry as much as desired outside of combat). Waived with a Treasure Boost.
- One bank account (F2P accounts will receive a warning before using a bank for the first time as they need to pay to move it from town to town).
- Notes cost 1% more.
- Silvers apply twice as much encumbrance.
- 50k daily treasure cap. Cap can be reset with a Treasure Cap Reset. Lowered treasure per kill. No treasure when killing creatures when unable to learn from them. Expanded to 100k cap with a Treasure Boost, and increased treasure. Limits on Purify silver value boosts and increased difficulty.
- Shop prices are less favorable.
- No base access to a locker. Can purchase a temporary 10 item locker pass, or the existing locker upgrades (both permanent and temporary).
- 100 item personal carry limit. Can be expanded to 300 items with a pass.
- Can use up to 5x (+25) gear (any additional bonus is not applied). Similarly limited to "somewhat" padding/weighting/sighting. Gear passes are available that allow the full benefit of any equipment's enchantment, weighting, padding, sighting, TD enhancement, or Defensive Bonus (DB), just like a paid subscriber.
- During the release, it was stated that transportation (whether by boat or teleportation) to River's Rest and Teras Isle will be restricted, and access would be available for purchase via the store. However, at present there are no such restrictions, at least for River's Rest and probably for Teras Isle as well.
- Chronomage orb purchases are restricted. They can be purchased via the store.
- Lockpicking (and popping/bashing) limited to self-found boxes only. Plans for this to change based on how the rotating lists for healing/raising work.
- Foraging is harder. F2P cannot take the last two forageables out of a room. Max 15 items per hour. Foraging pass removes restrictions and makes foraging easier.
- Pickpocketing skill cannot be used to steal from other player characters.
Login Rewards are awarded to characters that login daily on all types of accounts, but F2P subscribers receive fewer or a lesser form of what paying subscribers receive, as well as limits on the amount of rewards that can be stockpiled. Also, F2P subscribers must logout and login each day (past 00:00 on game TIME) as the system will not keep track automatically for them.
Currently F2P is limited to stockpile 1 Gift of the Gods and 1 Experience Booster, so they should be spent every month. In addition, only 2 daily login bridges may be stockpiled through login rewards, so at most one can only miss 2 consecutive days of logins to maintain a streak (without obtaining bridges from an alternate source).
|2||1 random magical crystal (blue/white/black). Can stockpile up to 5 uses at once.|
|3||1 Minor Loot Boost (small boost on LOOT rolls for 15 minutes)|
|4||1 Temporary Urchin Guide access (access to the URCHIN guides for 15 minutes)|
|5||1 Bounty Boost (reduces all bounty wait times (to a nominal few seconds) until the character shares a task or successfully completes it, max 1 hour)|
|6||1 Enhancive Boost (player's choice of either 5 enhancive pauses, or 15 minutes of +5 to all Base Stat Bonuses, or 15 minutes of +15 to Stamina and Mana Regen)|
|7||1 Urchin Runner (allows characters to use the remote BANK and LOCKER access commands. Comes with a free 15 minutes of LOCKER MANIFEST access)|
|8||1 Encumbrance Boost (minus 50 lbs to effective encumbrance for 15 minutes)|
|9||1 Guild Boost (player's choice of either doubled TPs earned for each profession guild task or another use of the Bounty Boosts)|
|10||1 Lesser Experience Pass (60 minute Exp Pass)|
|11||2 hours of Bounty Waivers (choose one Adventurer Guild task type (Forage Herbs, Escort NPC, etc) that they do not want to get assigned for the duration). Can stockpile up to 10 uses at once.|
|12||1 Major Loot Boost (larger boost on LOOT rolls. Minor and Major Loot Boosts don't stack with one another)|
|13||1 Login Bridge. Can stockpile up to 2 unredeemed Login Bridges.|
|14||1 Minor Loot Boost|
|15||1 Bounty Boost|
|16||1 Enhancive Boost|
|17||2 uses of the Urchin Runners|
|18||1 Encumbrance Boost|
|19||1 Guild Boost|
|20||1 Instant Mind Clearer (instantly moves 1000 current field exp into their absorbed exp pool. It does not apply any RPA, XXX, or other modifiers to this amount)|
|21||1 Deathsting Reducer (reduces deathsting penalties by 1 priestess potion sip per use)|
|22||2 hours of Bounty Waivers. Can stockpile up to 10 uses at once.|
|23||1 Major Loot Boost(Larger boost on LOOT rolls. Minor and Major Loot Boosts don't stack with one another)|
|24||1 Login Bridge. Can stockpile up to 2 unredeemed Login Bridges.|
|25||2 Item Superchargers (when activated, any standard flaring gear that the character uses will flare more often, any weighted/padded/sighted gear will gain bonus additional weighting/padding/sighting, and any item's enchantment bonus will provide an extra 50% bonus to AS/DS for 15 minutes)|
|26||2 Luck Boosters (When activated, all standard offensive combat rolls made by the character will reroll d100 results of 10 or less (keeping the new number if it is higher) for 15 minutes)|
|27||3-day society pass|
|28||2 Major Loot Boosts|
|29||1 Gift of the Gods. You can only choose Lorminstra (5 deeds)and can only stockpile 1 unredeemed. Be sure to redeem it before your next 29-day reward rolls around or you will lose that one.|
|30||2 Doubled Experience Boosters (Double experience absorption for 15 minutes.) Can stockpile only 1 unredeemed Doubled Experience Booster. Make sure to use both of them before the next 30-day reward rolls around.|
Official Message Boards
As of May 2016, F2P accounts only have access to selected sections of the official message boards, all of which are linked here:
- Officials F2P Discussions main folder
- Help for Players main folder
- Software & Hardware Help main folder
- Socializing main folder
- The Marketplace main folder