The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
His fanged mouth frothing and snapping at the air, the horned vor'taz glares about with hate-filled eyes. Greater than the size of a human, the frame of the vor'taz is covered in dull grey flesh which is spotted with wart-like bumps. Affixed to his heavily muscled neck, the bony skull of the vor'taz supports a cruel horn which slashes back and forth in a menacing fashion.
- A vor'taz cannot use its primary attack, a charge, without a leg. Although, they are still capable of casting spells.
- To eliminate a vor'taz's spell casting ability, simply remove the right arm.
- Vor'taz often walk around with Spirit Strike (117) cast upon themselves. Be careful of their first attack.
- Vor'taz spells are all nature-based. Having a ranger imbue armor with resistance to nature will help against some of their spells.
The horned vor'taz inhabits the northern sections of Gyldemar Road, north of Sylvarraend, although they are typically on the bottom of the cliff where the lesser and greater faeroth reside. Sometimes the vor'taz and the faeroth overlap territories, however, the faeroth will never go to the bottom of the cliff.
- Vor'taz are immune to attacks made with non-magical weapons.
- Typical vor'taz horns are normal skins, while shiny vor'taz horns are imbeddable.
- The vor'taz are very hard to skin.
- Vor'taz are good subjects for rogues training in subdue or cheapshots.