Ysharra Nagorn is a half-elf of Faendryl origins and an extrinsic human settlement far to the northwest on the Elanith continent, the latter of which is where she and her twin brother Baerd were raised. Her home had a poor opinion of elves due to being founded by a group of human laborers who escaped Ta'Vaalor after the Battle of Shadowguard. Ysharra lives in Wehnimer's Landing, maintaining residences in the Ravenswood neighborhood and House Brigatta. Ysharra is trained as a ranger, and has a great appreciation for the identification and cultivation of flowers, herbs and their various toxic or healing properties.
When the siblings were born showing clearly elven traits, they were sold into slavery. This was common practice in the settlement for any children born out of wedlock, as one of the village's only sources of income was a mithril mine that needed a constant stream of grunt workers. Ysharra and her brother were reared in communal slave quarters until ten years old, when Baerd went to the mine and Ysharra was given to the chieftain's family as a domestic thrall.
At some juncture around their sixteenth year, Ysharra and Baerd managed to escape, but being ignorant of geography, they headed east where they had heard the elves lived, and wound up skirting the northern approach of Mount Aenatumgana and then deep into the tundras surrounding the polar Dragonspine range. The details of this misadventure are unknown, save that Ysharra managed to somehow make her way to the Landing, where she has primarily remained since.
- Ysharra/Pale Spring Morning - a recounting of one of Ysharra's experiences shortly after returning to the Landing from her sojourn.
- Ysharra/Correspondence - a vignette of looking for answers with different sorts of missives.
- Ysharra/Harvest of Decay* - a vignette of perspective and personal grief.
- Ysharra/Memory Loss*- a vignette of the ranger losing something else to the north.
- You see Ysharra Nagorn.
- She appears to be a Half-Elf.
- She is of a towering height. She appears to be very young. She has silver-rimmed cobalt blue eyes and wintry pale porcelain skin. She has hip length, lustrous white-blonde hair trailing down her back in a mass of thick waves. She has a finely-boned face and full, shell-pink lips complemented with soft rosy cheeks.
- She has a swooping ebon winter drake tattoo on her leg.
- She is wearing a silver-limned imflass morion, a despanal-set mithril choker, a leather-hung gnarled bone amulet, a hooded white wolf fur cloak, a smoke grey ermine-trimmed bodice, a hemlock patterned blouse of white silk-spun voile, a void black deathstone symbol carved into a scimitar, a tiered wormwood case, a scrollworked haon weapons case, a roan-brown supple leather haversack clasped with a bronze kraken medallion, a smoke grey fox fur-trimmed gambeson, a bracelet of midnight black hair, a despanal-set white mithril ring, a woven mithril chatelaine, a carved ivory vasculum, a crystal-lined grey tapestry hip-satchel, a brushed mithril mesh skirt, some mist-grey silk stockings, and a pair of thigh high pearl grey leather boots trimmed in grey puma fur.
Associations & Beliefs
Ysharra's home village only worshipped V'tull, due to a cultural origin myth that the Wargod himself had severed their bonds and led them to their isolated corner of the world. She considers V'tull responsible for her escape, and honors him as her principal and first patron. At the onset of the Second Griffin Sword War, Ysharra joined the Dark Alliance as part of the Wargod's forces. During the events surrounding the search for the third piece of the Griffin Sword in the Elven Nations, Ysharra bonded with Naamit D'Monica and the Whip of Mularos, Harith Caerines, and thus she considers her intimate faith to be gifted to the Sorrower. She has been known to use her ranger abilities, particularly Wall of Thorns for ritual acts of sacrificial masochism.
Ysharra is wary of human institutions of power, especially the Imperial forces of the Turamzzyrian Empire, since she is aware that the precedence of Chaston's Edict means that many of her halfbred brethren are oppressed, imprisoned and/or enslaved in its provinces. This is one of many reasons for her affection for her adopted home of Wehnimer's Landing, as it houses many exiles and refugees from the Empire's policies.
Despite being a half-breed, Ysharra has found and connected with her Faendryl kin, the Dyvim family, headed by her uncle and her late father's twin, Lord Kalal. Ysharra lived in his compound for a time during her travels following the conclusion of the Griffin Sword conflict. She arrived there heavily pregnant with twins of her own, daughters who continued to reside there with their father, Giliad Dyvim, until recently when they both moved to the Landing to be with their mother and pursue their avocations. She and Giliad have ended their relationship, but they are on good terms, some child-rearing opinions non-withstanding. She remains a great favorite of her uncle Kalal, despite her decision to leave the relative safety of his household and return to the Landing. Ysharra has also served as hostess and advocate for many of the Dyvim clan when they have visited the Landing and Vornavis environs to study their art, magic or other talents. Her commitment to the Faendryl has earned her membership into the Faendryl Enclave, an organization devoted to the sanctuary and support of the Faendryl traveling abroad from their desert home.
Besides the inimitable Mistress Naamit, Ysharra has remained close with several of the former members of the Dark Alliance, including The Black Diabolist, Thrassus Feydark, Hadya Kha'Taymullah, Zolis, and is deeply devoted to one Alisaire Frey, a Dhe'nar she at one point was the bodyguard for, though now their relationship is far less formal. Individuals that she has befriended or allied herself with since her return to the Landing in 5116 include her beloved, the Necromancer Melikor, Mayor Lylia Rashere, Wild Hunt adherent Mourne, Faendryl warrior Azryen, fellow half-Faendryl Gavrien, , Luukosian Cleric Yhtrin, Blood Reaver Cruxophim and his betrothed Goblyn, fellow half-elves Leafiara, Nicolao, and Marijka, as well as the Faendryl scholar Xorus Kul'shin, Magister Raelee Svala, Faendryl warrior Eiliriel, and local scamp and rumor mill Pukk. She also has a complex history and inexplicable affection for Juspera Spintari, and the decades between them are full of mayhem, amusement and treachery. Ysharra is singularly devoted to her associates, and is very sensitive to criticism of them or from them.
Ysharra's twin daughters, Akonite and Xanthium have recently joined her in the Landing area, where they are both practicing their magic, as well as forging their own alliances and friendships. Currently they all share a household in Ysharra's villa in Ravenswood, to the amusement and consternation of Melikor, who has now found himself surrounded by women.