The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
The kiramon worker has a mobile head with huge, bulging, eyes that sparkle in a faceted clustering around a lidless perimeter. Protruding from its massive head is a vicious-looking snout with insectile mandibles, while the back of the cranium is a distended, two-lobed case. Remarkably powerful rear legs jut backward from an extremely hard, resilient exoskeleton that seems to be in constant motion. Though its middle legs have evolved away long ago, the front legs end in strong opposing claws and knobby-jointed fingers. Stunted wings flap uselessly from its long cylindrical body.
- Have the ability to emit lightning flares on successful melee strikes.
- Can still stand and attack even if all four of their limbs are removed.
- Puncture resistance.
- Fire resistance.
- Contrary to popular belief, Perception does NOT play a role in searching or looting them.
An example of a kiramon worker's lunge maneuver attack:
A kiramon worker lunges at you with its open mandibles!
It clamps on to your bright imflass lance, wrangling and thrashing with it in its powerful jaws!
... 15 points of damage!
Hard pull to the hand hurts but not much else.
You are stunned for 1 round!
Roundtime: 10 sec.
- Kiramon have a chance to cut through webbing from Web (118). Other kiramon can pull them from the web as well.
Examples of kiramon avoiding webbing:
A kiramon worker strains at the webs which bind it.
The kiramon worker slashes the webs away with its vicious mandibles!
The webs dissolve from around a kiramon worker.
A kiramon worker pulls its fellow defender from some webs!
The webs dissolve from around a kiramon defender.
- Similarly, kiramon can dispell the spell Calm (201) from fellow kiramon:
A kiramon defender rouses its fellow kiramon defender!
The calmed look leaves a kiramon defender.