Symbol of Turning
|Order of Voln - edit|
|Voln, the Great Spirit|
|The History of the Order of Voln|
The Symbol of Turning, governed by Lord Phoen, is obtained at the twenty second step of the Order of Voln. This symbol can be used as either a single target or mass attack against undead creatures. This symbol uses the Standard success resolution system to detemine success or failure. There are several possible outcomes, from benign to instant death, that may occur depending on the level of success.
Symbol of Turning (by itself for the mass attack version)
Symbol of Turning <target> (for the single target version)
Symbol of Turning has a base cost which is dependent on the member's level (not member's rank). See Table for specific examples.
The base cost, for either the targeted or untargeted (mass attack) version, applies when there is one undead creature in the room. The mass attack version (untargeted) has an escalating cost that increases when more than one undead are present. There is no favor cost for living creatures. Favor cost for this symbol is capped at 8 undead creatures regardless of the number actually affected.
Favor Cost Table
|2||Base × 2|
|3||Base × 2.5|
|4||Base × 3|
|5||Base × 3.5|
|6||Base × 4|
|7||Base × 4.5|
|8 or more||Base × 5|
Cost example for a level 40 member (Base Cost = 219) with 4 creatures present.
- Formula with 4 undead from the above table:
- Base Cost × 3
- 81 × 3 = 657 favor
Favor Required to Obtain Symbol of Turning
Formula: 2100 + (( level2 × 35) ÷ 3 )
Ex. level 15 member: 2100 + ((15 × 15 × 35) ÷ 3) = 4725 favor
Ex. level 20 member: 2100 + ((20 × 20 × 35) ÷ 3) = 6766 favor
Monk's Teaching and Instruction Highlights
- Undead are vulnerable to all that is holy.
- Phoen has taught us how to use this holy power to turn the undead, repelling or potential destroying them.
Wehnimer's Landing Task
- Obtain a blue crystal
- From the North Gate: SW, S, S, S, S, S, SW, S, SE, S, SE, S, S, S, SW, S, S, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, E, E, NE, E, E, E, Go Trail, N, NE, E, SE, E, NE, N, NE, N, N, N, Go Trunk, NW, NE, U, N, U, U, W, W, NW, NW, Go Gash, D, D, D, D, N, NE, E (Lich ID 4131)
- Drop crystal in lava
- Return to monk to receive symbol
- First, purchase a votive from the cleric shop. (Lich Room: 10372)
- Second, return to monk's location and light votive with fire. (Lich Room: 25950)
- Third, go to the Wraithenmist, Fishing Dock in Ta'Illistim (Lich Room: 1830), then wave votive
- Return to the monk to receive your symbol.