Symbol of Return
|Order of Voln - edit|
|Voln, the Great Spirit|
|The History of the Order of Voln|
The Symbol of Return, governed by Lady Lumnis, is obtained at the twenty fifth step of the Order of Voln. Invoking this symbol will cause the player and all group members to be instantly transported (aka fogged) to one of several Voln anchor locations depending upon the member's location at the time of use. This is one-way travel only that cannot be targeted. In certain locations, such as Shadow Valley and Old Ta'Faendryl there are group restrictions and only the member will be transported.
Symbol of Return
Note: Caution should be used when typing this symbol. If abbreviated to Sym of Ret the member will invoke Symbol of Retribution instead of Symbol of Return.
First Person (returning to Wehnimer's Landing Voln monastery courtyard):
- Voln monastery (Wehnimer's Landing area)
- Liabo Plaza (Solhaven area)
- Tower Ruins (Solhaven trail area)
- Voln (Icemule Trace area)
- Temple (Teras Isle area)
- Ledge (Shadow Valley) area
Symbol of Return favor cost is based on the member's level (not Voln rank). See Table for specific examples. Each use has a relative favor cost of 10x Symbol of Protection. In other words, 1 activation of Sym of Return uses the same amount of favor as 10 activations of Sym of Protection.
Favor Required to Obtain Symbol of Return
Formula: 2400 + (( level2 × 40) ÷ 3 )
Ex. level 15 member: 2400 + ((15 × 15 × 40) ÷ 3) = 5400 favor
Ex. level 20 member: 2400 + ((20 × 20 × 40) ÷ 3) = 7733 favor
Monk's Teaching and Instruction Highlights
- Lumnis showed us how to protect our mind and spirit with the Symbol of Transcendence, and now she has taught us how to return safely to our homes.
- Lumnis gave us the power to return us and our group to a place of safety here within the walls of the brotherhood.
Wehnimer's Landing Task
To gain Lumnis' blessing, one must proceed to the black sands beach area (Lich ID: 7626) and locate the hermit who will ask three questions. Success will depend on answering each question correctly. More detail is available here: https://sites.google.com/site/loresinging/voln-for-dummies/voln-landing
- Return to monk to receive symbol (Lich ID: 18189)
- Return to monk to receive symbol