Symbol of Thought
|Order of Voln - edit|
|Voln, the Great Spirit|
|The History of the Order of Voln|
The Symbol of Thought, governed by Lady Oleani, is obtained at the third rank of the Order of Voln. This symbol allows one to broadcast messages which are received only by other members within one's realm.
Using Symbol of Thought
- Type SYMBOL OF THOUGHT (MESSAGE). The message will be instantly broadcast to all members of the Order in the realm.
- To block the receipt of thoughts of others, rub a seashell, eat a tkaro root, or use another thought-disruption magic item.
Symbol Use Favor Cost
Symbol of Thought favor cost is unique among all the symbols. It has a fixed cost based on the length of the message, irrespective of a member's level or Voln rank.
A thought message with 76 characters will have a favor cost of ((76 - 1) ÷ 3) = 25 favor
Thought messages have a minimum cost of 1 favor for a two character message. Message length is capped at approximately 250 characters at a cost of 83 favor.
Note: Characters include punctuation and spaces.
Lower level characters would be wise to use symbol of thought judiciously. The relative favor cost of Symbol of Thought is much higher for lower level members of the order. To replace the favor used for a 76 character message, a level 3 member would need to release 25 level 3 undead, while a capped character, releasing a single 100 level undead, would have enough favor to transmit 26 messages of that length.
- First person usage
- Third person observation
Obtaining Symbol of Thought
Talk to the third monk on the Path to Enlightenment for instructions. Upon obtaining the requisite favor and completing the assigned task, the monk will teach the member the Symbol of Thought.
Favor Required to Obtain Symbol of Thought
Formula: 200 + (( level2 × 5 ) ÷ 3 )
Ex. level 5 member: 200 + ((5 × 5 × 5) ÷ 3) = 241 favor
Ex. level 10 member: 200 + ((10 × 10 × 5) ÷ 3) = 366 favor
Monk's Teaching and Instruction Highlights
- Order of Voln is not a secret organization
- The Order's purpose was and always will be to free undead.
- Ability to transmit messages mentally to only other members.
Wehnimer's Landing Task
- Obtain a rose. Buy one at the florist (8715) or FORAGE FOR SMALL ROSE in the Small Park.
- From outside the North Gate, go: NW, S, GO PATH, GO ARCH. (Lich ID: 6315)
- Now, type: PUT ROSE ON ALTAR.
- Return to the monk (18210) to receive your symbol.
- Start at the Victory Court, and go: W, W, W, GO GATE, SW, SW, SW, SW, GO PATH, W.
- Here, use the FORAGE (verb) to FORAGE FOR BLEEDING ROSE.
- Return to Victory Court, and go: E, E, E, N, E, N, N, N, N, N, N, W, N, GO GATE, NE, NE, NE, NE, NE, NE, GO PATH, N, NE, NW, N.
- Here, type DROP ROSE.
- Return to the monk to receive your symbol.